Kintone

Kintone

Build business applications and database apps faster and easier with Kintone, the agile, no-code application Platform as a Service (aPaaS). Collaborate around your apps and data, then deliver powerful, dynamic reports. Use Kintone's open API to connect the tools and services your company is already using in order to have a centralized, 360-degree view of your business.

Work for Kintone?

Learning about Kintone?

Kintone Reviews

Ask Kintone a Question
Kintone review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"kintone - beyond satisfied!!!"

What do you like best?

I am not a techie. We provided a detailed document of the platform we wanted to build. And they made it happen - fast, efficiently and affordably. This was driven by their platform, their team, knowledge and desire to help us. They helped me make a dream come true.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I can think of is pretty insignificant: reports you build cannot wrap text - so columns in report headers can be quite wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been so happy I selected them. Besides helping us to create our product, they are wonderful to work for.

We were working on creating a new business. The service is a system to audit/evaluate a specific area, and wanted this to also be a planning tool and resource center. We wanted a fully integrrated, self-managed platform - and kintone made it happen. Despite rolling out the product and our company just before Thanksgiving and the holiday season, after just 90 days we are beating break-even sales projections.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kintone
Showing 61 Kintone reviews
Kintone review by Kat H.
Kat H.

"Great product that does a heck of a whole lot!"

What do you like best?

Super user-friendly and very easy to use; almost endless capabilities

What do you dislike?

nothing thus far; although I'm a newbie, I definitely see the applications for which Kintone will help us in the future -- it's almost overwhelming, it can do so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and puts the control in the user's hands! No more calling in a change, waiting for someone to do it (or not), and then being able to use it. Kintone allows in-the-moment changes and complete customization. And with open APIs, you can pull data from other systems to avoid duplicity of information in several different programs. Nonprofits can't beat it!

Tracking regulatory compliance issues; the senior living industry is one of the highest regulated industries out there -- we can get fined or worse if we miss complying with forms/submissions, etc. VERY IMPORTANT to track these other than paper -- and to the job, not to a specific person - so things don't fall through the cracks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kintone
Kintone review by Lou K.
Lou K.

"Cost Savings Technology Designed to be Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We have found this program extremely easy to use. We are looking at many other applications that we can switch over to it.

What do you dislike?

Support has been good but can take up to 48 hours at times to get back to us. Overall, we have not had a need to get a quicker response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is for you if you are looking to create databases but lack the experience. It very easy to use, and you can expect to have a working product in less than an hour. It saves time and money, a lot of both.

We have been able to create inventory databases, keeping track of the number of patrons that attend our various programs, and databases with common questions asked by our customers. We have limited staff, without programming experience. This solves that issue for us. We also enjoy the mobile aspect very much.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Kintone review by Tom T.
Tom T.

"Workflow without six teams before you can start using it."

What do you like best?

Simple interface layouts with plenty of available use scenarios. Great way to make a postive impact without betting the bank. Good functionality without investing huge human resources. Both browser and app accessible. Client agnostic cloud platform. Quick launch functionality. Works with iterative development. A good small organization platform with very expandable resources at reasonable price. Appropriate for enterprise, departmental or small/medium business use.

What do you dislike?

Attachment handling could be better. PDF display required some extra coding. Basic and boxy interface - but not really a problem unless you are more interested in identity aesthetics than functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to get moving instead of developing forever. Allows you to get started and do useful stuff without six teams trying to reinvent the wheel and develop the ultimate polished interface.

Standard workflow issues like sales process (inquiry, quote, order, purchase, logistics, invoice inputs, payment tracking.) Also, vacation request, expense reporting and reimbursement, purchase request and requisitioning. Vendor, customer and contact databases. Better long-term project progress reporting. Less time-consuming than sorting and searching emails for information. Some secure, limited collaborations and access by individuals outside of our company.

Kintone review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Excellent Resource for Any Organizaiton"

What do you like best?

Kintone is so easy to use. When I had presented what I put together to our staff, a few people made an excellent suggestion of something to add. I was able to build an example for them to look at in 15 minutes. Very intuitively put together.

What do you dislike?

I guess the one thing I would like to see would be expanded audit capabilities. The current audit tool is great, but there are a few additional actions I wish could be audited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial a go. It's so easy to use you will be able to get a general idea how well Kintone would work for you.

My organization needed a way to keep track of information from various products that we need to be aware of. Kintone gave us an easy way to store the information with easy accessibility.

Kintone review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"A Transformation in Workflow"

What do you like best?

Kintone has changed my entire approach to my work day. As someone with only basic experience with databases, I was spending a lot of time just teaching myself how to use Access. While Access is a great program with a lot of capabilities, our needs were rather specific. When I started to focus on learning how to meet those needs in kintone, I felt that I was making much more significant progress. It is easy to use and easy to learn. I can have applications up and running in minutes, as opposed to the hours or days it would require before.

What do you dislike?

Kintone is missing a few basic features that I would expect to see in any data management software. Foremost among these is what Access calls a "combo box": a drop-down list of options that also allows a user to type in data that isn't on the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are coming from a tech background, try not to think too much like a techie. I often find myself overthinking problems, only to discover that the solution is much simpler in kintone.

We are using kintone to host our client information database, track client visits and services, track volunteer hours, and track inventory of physical resources. The primary benefit is the speed with which we can set up the apps needed to track these things, and the ease of use for our average users.

Kintone review by Kristina C.
Kristina C.

"Kintone No Code Database"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create a customized database with no coding involved. the customer service is great. If I ever have a question, it's easy to just call and have all my questions answered. We are currently in the process of streamlining all the different programs we use as an organization and using just one, Kintone.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Anytime I've had an issue it has been resolved right away. There are plenty of free trainings and it's loved by all in the office.

We are currently using the system for our State wide programs. We can easily store all our information needed for grants etc. We are in the works to use it as our membership database, donor database, and management supervision, time sheets, etc.

Kintone review by Cassidy B.
Cassidy B.

"Easy, customized database and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

The Kintone platform is easy to customize, I can add fields to our database entries quickly and adjust filters. The customer service is excellent - they are always quick to reply and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that the linked contacts do not update throughout the company, each individual file must be updated by hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the great customer service - they are so helpful and can show you functions of the apps that you didn't even know were there!

We were using Salesforce, but the data we needed to get from our database was not easy to do with Salesforce. With Kintone I can download useful profiles, spreadsheets of contact information, and there is a handy search bar for quick finds.

Kintone review by Stephen B.
Stephen B.

"Kintone saved me! Excellent toolset that is flexible and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the level of flexibility that Kintone provides in terms of layout, building out a variety of field types and permissioning. The permissioning is fantastic! I can get very granular in terms of how much I can allow users to add records, delete them, edit them, manage apps, etc. You can even go as far down as the field level. The build was pretty fast after getting a hang of the user interface. It's very intuitive and you can do almost anything you can think of. I love the fact that you can also add workflows to apps for projects that require reviews or input from a number of teams. There is soo much that it can do right out of the box, and for more advanced users, you can add on a number of outside applications as well as custom java script and design.

What do you dislike?

There were a few limitations. One caveat on this. I reviewed 25 applications and ended with Kintone as the winner--hands down. There are two areas where it could improve. 1. Print to PDF out of the box would be a great feature, especially if it were tied to a "share" button...so that it could be shared with others outside the system. 2. Importing of field data. For example, one of the drop down fields that I had in an app had 90 items in it. I had to enter each one separately. A bulk upload for drop downs would be a great add on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick way to capture and manage data and manage workflow, Kintone, is a great solution. You do not need to be highly technical to use it and it will save you a lot of headache in the long run. The support team is very helpful and responsive to requests. I highly recommend this solution to those with some technical prowess to very advanced users.

The business problem we were solving include: the ability to capture consistent data that could be shared. Often people in these teams move around and core data gets lost. Kintone helped us with that problem. The other feature it helped us with was making sure that our people in the field had access to best practice information and could share their experiences with each other. Kintone facilitates all of this and more. It also provides a great deal of flexibility once each app is set up. We were able to get all of our apps up and running in short order and it's intuitive schema makes it easy to deploy. Even after we get feedback, changes will be done pretty quickly. Furthermore, we were able to rebuild a defunked system and replicate fairly complex functionality with a number of bonuses--namely more control over the design, which at the end of the day made the applications easier to use.

"Easy Data"

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to figure it out on my own ( for the most part) and also that I was able to quickly make changes to my Apps based on actually using them .For me this is much better than having IT decide what I need based on sometimes inaccurate understanding from their part.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there would be a more robust "help" function , that can potentially include some user generated "step by step" instructions on how they solved a problem or how they were able to get a specific function to work as they wanted it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just read reviews . Give it a try with some basic apps and find out first hand if this is something that will solve your problems

Using Kintone is helping us keep track of various items in one place and connect these items in some Apps , on a "as needed " basis. Things that would be messy to deal in in excel , can now be handled in various apps , by multiple people without having to worry that we do not know what file is the most updated file

Kintone review by Heather J.
Heather J.

"Incredible Turnaround for Our Company"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of use. We can make this work for almost any process we have. Our biggest goal with Kintone currently is to reduce paperwork overhead and to help redefine some key businesses processes. So it has become a big tool in terms of process development. For a small-family owned company, this is HUGE.

What do you dislike?

There's not much we dislike - dislike is a bit of a strong word. There are some more things we'd like as an added benefit, but nothing that would be a deal-breaker. Opening up options for connectivity with other software (Office 365, for example). Especially for small business - this would give us the ability to be even more flexible and include some of our processes that are good. A lot of your mid-size to small companies are not going to have large-scale software product implementations. They're going to have a plethera of different softwares used to keep their business up and running. The more flexible a software, the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's DEFINITELY worth it. Kintone has enough flexibilty that you can pretty much create what you want. The support is top-notch and extremely helpful. The overhead of implementing is almost non-exisistent . Technically, if we had known exactly how we wanted to implement our process ahead of time - implementation could've taken less than a day. It only took longer because we were completing redesigning one of our processes. Take your time through the documentation - that's the biggest thing. The documentation is helpful - but read it ahead of time.

To start we've created a Supplier Portal in order to reduce overhead (a day and a half worth) for our Purchasing Department. We're also looking into using it for internal processes to help reduce overhead as well.

Kintone review by William B.
William B.

"Customize to your hearts desire"

What do you like best?

Beyond just storing record data, kintone has been a wonderful way to manage multiple users, specific user permissions, and have everything available remotely! We don't even need to back up our data since kintone handles this on the back end. It's a professional business management software and it works wonders.

What do you dislike?

Some inconveniences like simple functionalities (age calculator and having to manually enter a DOB) are all that I could complain about.

Our NPO can create, edit, and manage our participant records with ease. There's no need to worry about storage constraints, accessibility, or security. Kintone handles all of this very well.

Kintone review by Administrator

"Easy to Use No Code Platform"

What do you like best?

Can easily build the applications my nonprofit organization needs. Ease of use. Love the ability to actually analyze data with summary tables and pivot tables. Other database programs we tried did not have that functionality, you either had to take the data out into excel to create reports or the best you could get was counts or sums by groupings with all the raw data for the group appearing below - a report could be multiple pages. The analysis capability of kintone sold me on the program.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, just some things that I would like to see added.

As administrator, I would like to be able to preview what areas and apps members see and can access, so I can make sure that my permissions are correct (see what they should, don't see what they shouldn't).

It would be nice if document attachments could be previewed rather than just downloaded and if movie format attachments would load within the kintone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform that will allow you to easily create databases, collect and easily create summary reports, you really should try kintone.

We use it keep records of our support to clients, keep track of reporting requirements, contracts and reports to funders. We are currently building databases of information that everyone in the organization needs. It saves us a lot of time, certain information is shared, not housed within one department - now everyone can access certain information instead of contacting someone from another department to provide a report or do an analysis for them.

Kintone review by Jeremiah T.
Jeremiah T.

"Perfect solution for creating custom business apps"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI is excellent and intuitive

What do you dislike?

Related Record links open in a new tab instead of in the same window. Depending on how crosslinked your apps are, this can cause clutter and confusion very quickly if users aren’t educated on how to combat this

We’re using Kintone to manage our business workflow, and reports. The speed and customization options of the system have allowed us to deploy a solid solution very quickly. It’s also been great to be able to work with the team to get feedback and rapidly be able to find and implement solutions

Kintone review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

"Easy Cloud Apps for teams"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, easy to make new apps quickly, auto notifications were great. Minimal programming or coding required. comments on each record was very helpful to keep track of progress. The history icon that tracks changes to the records was extremely useful in digging deeper into 'what went wrong'. There was some coding required to change colors on columns etc. but the support team was good to share some basic code that I could update and tweak to use for other minor changes.

We had teams on different islands using the platform and were able to manage the workflow and permissions all from our central location on Oahu

What do you dislike?

calendar view was limited, the team was used to working with Outlook, but the calendar view could not compete with drag and drop, extending tasks to multiple days or color coding to manage types of tasks, so we ended up never giving up outlook calendar. Notification email could be better if it showed the sender's name instead of 'Do Not Reply',

The idea of spaces for groups did not really work for us as it was unclear how to really use that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

calendar view needs improvement

The company had been managing a high volume solar pv construction projects with sales and operations team using excel spreadsheets and emails. There were construction/project management software platforms available but were more designed for one or few projects. We chose Kintone because it looked like we could import our entire excel spreadsheet and start a whole new cloud based method right away . The sales would upload new projects, internal managers would approve them and Operations team would take them through to next stages all the way to construction and post construction. This for 40 projects a month.

Kintone review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"A very smooth transition with no significant issues"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating database files and reports without any in depth knowledge.I was able to teach my office administrative person ,who was formerly one of our bilingual students, to use the system in a very short period of time

What do you dislike?

Importing more complex excel files involves a bit more work than I had hoped but part of that is being new to the system and will likely get easier as our experieince increases

We are increasing the timeliness and accuracy of our files,eliminating the need to maintain paper documents and the ability to access our data on a variety of platforms. We are a small nonprofit so we still have a lot of work left to do to take full advantage but there is evidence that we are moving in that direction

Kintone review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Kintone delivers a well thought out product"

What do you like best?

Starting right from the beginning with the purchase process through the instillation the Kintone people where right beside me to walk me through.

What do you dislike?

I am 68 years old and slightly dyslexia since my youth therefore I have a difficult time following directions. Like doing a puzzle I need to have a big picture understanding before I start putting the details together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product well thought out for people like me looking for a basic product without having to have a PhD education..

It has been exactly hat we needed for our application, developing a library with over 1,000 entry records each with 8 fields of data.

Kintone review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy to use, very versatile, no-code tool to replace lots of excel spreadsheets!"

What do you like best?

The best part of Kintone is its versatility. With basic Microsoft Excel skills, I was able to create processes and simple apps that were able to streamline processes and save time for tasks / groups of tasks that were routine for our small (15 person) organization. Some of the tasks were a bit customized, and Kintone was a better solution than looking for a full-on software solution.

What do you dislike?

In some ways, I wish I knew about Kintone's versatility from the beginning. I was introduced to it as an "HR Management" tool (simply since we used it for HR management purposes). However, after utilizing it more, I realized it could be utilized to make almost any kind of simple application we needed for processes in the company, including sales, marketing, finance, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is definitely a sweet spot of valid use cases for Kintone. For me, I found it to be useful for a situation of a small, rapidly growing company (still under 50 people), as rules, processes and needs changed quickly. The customized apps we were able to create were quick to create, easy to adopt, and therefore also not a big cost when switching to something new due to organizational changes.

Kintone has been a great solution for simple, customized apps for specific purposes within a relatively small organization, where it doesn't yet make sense to invest in full-on software solutions. It hits a sweet spot between managing tons of custom excel sheets for different purposes / processes, and having a full software solution that isn't quite necessary yet.

Kintone review by Juan B.
Juan B.

"Great and Easy Product to create applications"

What do you like best?

Easy to create forms and look ups. Instead of using a vendor to build an application, we can create applications for our clients and better support them.

What do you dislike?

A few simple options are missing or can be only be done with Java script. The reason to use this product is not to have others involved.

Example: If have a look up table, you cannot type start typing in values and get a drop down showing which records match

Also: Say you have a yes or no question and you pick yes | the option to the form to display different questions.

The platform is great just some minor additions I see that are missing. We are though building applications for our clients on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I researched other platforms and found this one to be easy and the sales people are easy to deal with and open to help.

For our clients : Converting multiple excel or access intake systems to one on Kintone. We are able to secure data up to the row or column which is very nice. We are also creating custom Asset systems per client. Instead of using a 3rd party vendor and having them change it for our customers, we can now build it for them and support them direct. We are also migrating old print outs for orders to Ipad based ordering systems for retail.

Kintone review by Administrator

"Kintone is an excellent tool, but still needs some improvements"

What do you like best?

Kintone allows me to build a database from scratch to incorporate everything the organization needs to track. It allows me to have multiple users and track what team members are adding to the database. Feedback from the team has been that it is an easy platform to navigate, once you understand the basic layout.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting capability. I need reports to pull from multiple applications. Right now this is something I will have to do manually in exports. It seems like it is something they are working on, as improvements have already been made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Internal knowledge of database development is helpful.

We are tracking the work different departments in the organization do to engage with community partners across the state. We are also building the database out to capture multiple layers of our work in community.

Kintone review by Anthony H.
Anthony H.

"New Fan of Kintone"

What do you like best?

I love the user friendliness! Even if you've never used a CRM before Kintone is very user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Gun to my head, the only critique I would have to say is the customer support could be a little more robust. That is being very nitpicky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

AS our organization has multiple entities, Kintones allows us to share information across various departments, yes most CRm's do that, but Kintones Apps allow us to build identities for specific tasks and specific departments. The rate that we can freely share information is fantastic.

Kintone review by Landon L.
Landon L.

"Great product for the Sr Leaders that want more than a CRM "

What do you like best?

the fact that their is no coding to learn and you can add formulas to generate some really cool information about your sales.

What do you dislike?

the layout is kinda kid like and not really a professional appearance

Recommendations to others considering the product

understand Kintone is not a cookie cutter CRM. This is more of a app creation platform that you can build it to do what you want. You can also build multiple apps but have them pull from each other and update based on the data entered

We are finding out what areas we sell the most to, our average package price, the top rep in our company and so on. It has allowed me to manage my data more effectively

Kintone review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

We are able to fully customize our application to what we are needing, and keep job tracking with little effort

What do you dislike?

Need more options without purchasing plug-ins.

We are a printing company that needed to keep track of Print Jobs and Customers. There are other programs online that can do this, but they are very expensive. With Kintone I can create a custom option that will allow me to keep track of jobs and customers, and add options that work for my business instead of other people telling me what I need to include.

Kintone review by Maryann Z.
Maryann Z.

"Great Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create and link databases. It allows us to easily run reports that are clear and filter them by what information we need and how it correlates to other data.

What do you dislike?

I wish the platform was a little more trendy looking bu that is so miniscual in my book that it really doesn't matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for government vendors who do applicant tracking, client tracking and reporting on how much of a particular populations was served.

we are able to keep all of our government clients organized and draft reports when they request on demand. I'm not sure how we would've been able to do applicant tracking without this database.

Kintone review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Lots of customization"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the layout of the forms is something I couldn't find in this price range.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could customize forms more (colors, fonts, etc.). Also, I wish there were I could create automatic exports from filters.

We needed a small database to share among only a few employees so that we could get away from spreadsheets and paper. It solved our problems and we were able to get our Kintone database designed in a few days of playing with it.

Kintone review by Shawn R.
Shawn R.

"Great service, just didn't have enough time to implement"

What do you like best?

The interface is very intuitive and easy to navigate, it was easy to quickly start an app and get it customized to my needs. I have some programming experience but I am not proficient enough in any language to develop a full working app in a reasonable amount of time. I know that if my schedule had permitted, I would have been able to develop a full feature business app in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I was not able to dive very far into the offering but from the aspects of the service that I did use, I cant think of anything that I would have changed. Kintone is providing a full featured suite of tools that could allow anyone to build out software that meets their exact needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you a lot enough time to really get into the trial, there is a lot going on with this service and it can be a bit overwhelming if you are not able to commit.

I was looking to develop a new user management platform but just did not have the time to dedicate to the project during the trial period. Since then i have migrated to another solution but I plan to circle back on this service in future projects.

Kintone review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Visualize Your Data"

What do you like best?

I love Kintone's ability to upload an excel data sheet and format the information into a visual model. I am able to set parameters on which information I am viewing to provide an overview of my data and then if I need to view additional details. When it comes to presenting my work I just select the data I want and with a few clicks can build out a pie chart or graph. Kintone is like a brain for all those excel data points we're constantly collecting!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sort function has a few hiccups and in order to search an information piece your spelling has to be exact to look it up. It would be nice to have a nearest match option when searching apps.

Data organizing and analyzing abilities. Everything is now in a one stop shop and interconnected for complete fluidity.

Kintone review by Barry S.
Barry S.

"Database for Certification Records"

What do you like best?

We are happy because it simplified our task of building a database for certification records.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the sexiest interface and tends toward a more utilitarian look and feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good idea to try it out to see if it does what you want. Apparently there are a lot of different ways to use this product other than how we are using it.

We are solving the problem of needing to store important records in a way that could be easily accessed by others.

Kintone review by Yukiko W.
Yukiko W.

"very flexible, easy to use and Great tech support"

What do you like best?

Kintone's management, tech support ate great. we switched our data base from Microsoft Access to Kintone. Our customized access data base was quite complecated but the Kintone team converted to their program. The transition was very smooth and after care is great.

What do you dislike?

we gave up some cross reference porgram but it might be able to built the customized program by Kintone if we paid additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great management and Tech support

highly recommanded

It was difficult to update Microsoft Access due to luck of programmer.

We do not worry about it anymore with Kintone.

Crowd style is plus too- we do not worry about back up.

Kintone review by John M.
John M.

"At times frustrating"

What do you like best?

When the apps are up and running the convenience of using them is great.

What do you dislike?

Working with the computer interphase as the administrator is quite cumbersome. It appears it almost assumes an IT expert is a part of every account.

Condominium management items however we have been slow to add items given the issues with administration.

Kintone review by Timothy E.
Timothy E.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I have been searching for a user friendly cloud based database. Kintone helped with training, setup and made it very easy for me to help my Non-Profit clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't any plugins that I could input into our NPO site, to streamline our data collection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Non Profit the price is very reasonable, and if you are a profit organization, really consider your ideal database, then ask for help by the kintone staff to help you make it. They will happily help you.

Unified data collection, user error solving, and cross platform compatibility.

Kintone review by Mamoru F.
Mamoru F.

"Easy to integrate business apps with AWS "

What do you like best?

Ease to integrate with AWS. I needed serverless solutions to display bond price feed from third party vendor into social marketing microsite.

I used kintone API with AWS API gateway to get data directly from kintone database.

It was accomplished by a few lines of JavaScript code.

What do you dislike?

I hope there are more price options for small business users (Currently five users minimum).

Also, I need more reporting capability with kinetone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to start creating business applications with a few clicks.

Serverless data integration between third party vendors. The client is able to provide curated information to their customers.

Kintone review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"A great product full of potential"

What do you like best?

The apps you can create and customize are intuitive and easy to work with, not to mention by reverse customizing template apps you can digest how everything works together.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have a few more tutorials. However, the help desk is incredibly attentive to any inquiries or questions you send (responding within an hour for my inquiry regarding the mobile app). Great customer service for a do-it-yourself software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to explore pre-made apps. Go into their settings to see how things work. If you are creative enough and a little computer savvy, this software really gives you all the controls necessary to create a comprehensive and all-inclusive database.

We're using kintone to manage our extensive client database and action chart. This way by selecting one of our clients we can already view all actions that have taken place. Also the task list helps us manage where we are on certain projects.

Kintone review by G2 Crowd User in Government Administration
G2 Crowd User in Government Administration

"Simple and Sweet"

What do you like best?

Love the form set up. Unlike Filemaker and others, the form is much more user friendly to set up. Love the fact that I can upload and save images from my phone directly to the mobile app. That is HUGE in my line of business where we are on the go a lot and don't have the means to scan documents easily. Price is good too compared to others.

What do you dislike?

I hate the first page. It is very confusing. I just want to go straight to the form view and not deal with all the "apps", messages, etc. Also, it was very confusing at first to upload data and create an app. I had to create one like 5 times in order it to appear. There might be a glitch. Last, the editing page is confusing. I couldn't figure out how to save things. But managed. I know this all might be vague to you, but I could walk someone through my issues and point out problem errors if you want to call. Karen 859-338-2754

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for people who do not want to deal with a developer.

We provide contract foreign workers through the H-2A and H-2B nonimmigrant visa program. We have to manage a database of several hundreds of workers that includes past visas, passports, letters of recommendation, personal documentation, etc. We do not have an office and many times we have to use an iPad to take information. So being able to take pictures of documents and upload them to the database immediately is AWESOME, especially when we are recruiting from town to town or traveling to different consulates to process our workers.

Kintone review by User

"Great help to manage our jobs."

What do you like best?

We are able to manage our jobs much easier with Kintone. All the information with backup documents are uploaded and shared throughout company. It helps us understand the status of each job and whom the task is currently assigned to. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We had some problem using Kintone first we started using, but it's good now.

All information for each job are now gathered in one place " Kintone", so we can later go back for the information or print out the documents and present it to customer. It saved us a lot of time.

Kintone review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Perfect Product For A Growing Business!!!"

What do you like best?

Kintone is easy to customize and integrate with existing business solutions. You are able to add-on functionality as you see fit for your business. Usability and modification to code and application is simple.

What do you dislike?

Elasticsearch is not a tool which is currently offered. Kintone is working on developing this and should be available towards the end of 2017.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is great. I would recommend using either the Kintone development team to implement the solution or use a third party developer that understands the business requirements and can work with the company to deliver a product.

Adding speed to our process. Kintone allows us to quickly enter data and validate it. We are also able to integrate across platforms, which allows us to avoid keystroke error.

Kintone review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Kintone Review: Simple and Flexible Database for Teams"

What do you like best?

Kintone, was the lightweight cloud database our team needed for one of our short term projects. It allowed us the ability to add up to 50 users at a very reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

The platform is still lacking a few key features that I would need in some of my other projects, mainly relationships to multiple tables of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Additional features like related records and additional reports would be great!

We had ambassadors in the field going door to door and needed an easy way to update customer information on their phones.

Having an app for Apple and Android products was very helpful!

Kintone review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Covers the basics at an incredible cost for a non-profit"

What do you like best?

The core functionality was the same as other competitors, except the pricing for non-profits wasn't beatable. It is relatively simple to use for someone who has only used a competitor's product (QuickBase) and doesn't have any real coding or back end knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of the GUI and haven't been able to find a way to really alter that. Particularly when it comes to the forms, I wish there was a way to create more contrast and make things able to be viewed more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great at providing the basics and giving you flexibility to adapt it for your own purposes.

I'm tracking several processes for a project that I manage. I'm also using this database to track other projects as well which have previously only been tracked in an annoying Excel sheet. Those were a hassle to use and even worse for collaboration when people from multiple organizations need to be aware of what is going on.

Kintone review by HALLIE M.
HALLIE M.

"Like it so far"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to organize our inventory of new and used boats

What do you dislike?

I'm not really too sure, we have not been using it for that long, but so far it has done the job.

organizing inventory

Kintone review by David C.
David C.

"Full functionality - straight of the box"

What do you like best?

Highly customizable platform where you can adapt the different tools and features to whatever your business needs might be. We are using it as a database to store information and perform basic cross-record matching and calculations. Easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Only point for improvement would be a self-serve tool to create a calculator for scoring records, at the moment it's relatively manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the free trial and try it out yourself. We were sold within the first couple of days using it.

Database of product information. Previously using Google Sheets which was becoming very complicated and unwieldy. Very satisfied with Kintone's product.

Kintone review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Finally the database I have been searching for!"

What do you like best?

Kintone is completely customizable - I can create profiles that print perfectly for my trade show books. Very easy, I can add any field I need for my business specifically. Additionally, you can duplicate records for faster entry with contacts from the same company.

The search function is fantastic - I can search by company, contact, country, market....you name it. Saves so much time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at the moment! Everything is working great so far. Maybe if when printing there was an option for the text boxes not to print around the text?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it! Saves me so much time.

My company had been using Salesforce for three years, but it was clunky and unable to print out the information that I needed. No search function, complicated report processes, etc. Kintone is solving those problems for us right away! It's amazing.

Kintone review by Stephen P.
Stephen P.

"A robust platform with endless flexibility "

What do you like best?

The power to customize is incredible. The flexibility to build custom apps is hard to beat. Couldn’t imagine a better solution for our growing non-profit.

What do you dislike?

Have found too many issue just yet! We have a database expert volunteer who helped set us up, and she has experienced some delays in getting platform up and running

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an expert on staff

We are able to track volunteer activities and hours properly for the first time. Tracking with ease has given us accurate measurables to report to our board and potential funders.

Kintone review by HALLIE M.
HALLIE M.

"kintone review"

What do you like best?

ability to keep track of our boat inventory and import from old outdated database

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The product probably offers more than we actually need.

organizing and keeping track of boat inventory in a space where two employees can access from different workstations.

Kintone review by Atsushi Y.
Atsushi Y.

"Surprisingly easy tool"

What do you like best?

No need to know coding, doesn't have to be an engineer, you can easily create a database by intuitively drag&drop necessarily blocks onto the field.

What do you dislike?

Cannot find any disliking points now. I need to use it for some more time to find out negative points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many excel sheets, images, files, etc, and these data are related each other you could now easily compile these data into one database. It's very easy!!

I have a big excel sheet. I also have a lot of scanned files of contracts. These two data are completely separate, but Kintone surely integrate these two into one.

Kintone review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Intuitively amazing"

What do you like best?

The learning curve is great. Its easy to pickup on how the platform is built. You can easily customize kintone to fit our business needs.

What do you dislike?

Limited front-end customizations, and the app offers limited views to your data. You can only pick one column as a look up on the app, making ti difficult to display a compound key easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy to setup, easy to use platform, that is flexible to your business needs.

We are using Kintone to make our event schedule more collaborative and centrally accessible.

We use a Space to represent an Event, and an App to represent a Schedule.

Each row represents an activity on the schedule.

While the platform is not built to out of the box handle this functionality, it adapts very well.

Kintone review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Flexibility and Depth"

What do you like best?

Kintone let's each company create a unique portal with the items they need. Not a cookie cutter.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I find this app highly useful and customize-able so that I get what I need out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customize your portal to maximize your convenience.

It's creating a space out vendors can use to interact and connect with us much easier. And the data we can get from it is tremendous.

Kintone review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best of Both Worlds"

What do you like best?

Kintone's user interface was, without a doubt, the most intuitive and easiest to use out of all the platforms we reviewed. Additionally, the ability to easily customize Apps was appealing.

What do you dislike?

As a very new user, I haven't found anything I don't like — yet.

We're using Kintone to store our data in a way that is easily accessible for many users, with the ability of filtering data and creating reports.

Kintone review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Kintone is making our database ideas managable with truely customizable options."

What do you like best?

I have found Kintone to be easy to navigate and easily changed to fit the needs we have.

What do you dislike?

The software while easy to navigate requires a bit of knowledge about what each feature is called.

We are using Kintone to help us recruit students and create an alumni database. We realized we can use it for other ideas we have such as project management, events and even a student portal.

Kintone review by Leonard N.
Leonard N.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Its Interface and ease in application development and workflow automation

What do you dislike?

Lack of an on premise version to give clients a variety on deployment option to choose from based on their preference

Automating workflows

E form creation

Kintone review by Vanessa P.
Vanessa P.

"Kintone and the works"

What do you like best?

Kintone is such an amazing product, and once you understand it its so easy.

It takes sometime, but the employees are there to assist.

What do you dislike?

I'm not one to really dislike much, it's a little tough when someone leaves the company.

& Try to get access is a little tedious, but overall I'm content with it.

I'm solving problems with Lumber sales.

Kintone review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"I really enjoyed using Kintone"

What do you like best?

It was very user friendly and the cost was good.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I necessarily disliked. We have a unique situation, and found that it was a little generic and didn't always meet our needs. If we were a normal company though, it would've worked greatly.

It's help us to organize our member database and keep track of our members and their needs.

Learn more about Kintone

Kintone Videos

Learning about Kintone?

* We monitor all Kintone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.