kintone

kintone

Build business applications and database apps faster and easier with kintone, the agile, no-code application Platform as a Service (aPaaS). Collaborate around your apps and data, then deliver powerful, dynamic reports. Use kintone's open API to connect the tools and services your company is already using in order to have a centralized, 360-degree view of your business.

Work for kintone?

Learning about kintone?

kintone Reviews

Ask kintone a Question
kintone review by <span>Doug M.</span>
Doug M.
Validated Review

kintone - beyond satisfied!!!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I am not a techie. We provided a detailed document of the platform we wanted to build. And they made it happen - fast, efficiently and affordably. This was driven by their platform, their team, knowledge and desire to help us. They helped me make a dream come true.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I can think of is pretty insignificant: reports you build cannot wrap text - so columns in report headers can be quite wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been so happy I selected them. Besides helping us to create our product, they are wonderful to work for.

We were working on creating a new business. The service is a system to audit/evaluate a specific area, and wanted this to also be a planning tool and resource center. We wanted a fully integrrated, self-managed platform - and kintone made it happen. Despite rolling out the product and our company just before Thanksgiving and the holiday season, after just 90 days we are beating break-even sales projections.

Showing 40 kintone reviews
kintone review by <span>Stephen B.</span>
Stephen B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the level of flexibility that Kintone provides in terms of layout, building out a variety of field types and permissioning. The permissioning is fantastic! I can get very granular in terms of how much I can allow users to add records, delete them, edit them, manage apps, etc. You can even go as far down as the field level. The build was pretty fast after getting a hang of the user interface. It's very intuitive and you can do almost anything you can think of. I love the fact that you can also add workflows to apps for projects that require reviews or input from a number of teams. There is soo much that it can do right out of the box, and for more advanced users, you can add on a number of outside applications as well as custom java script and design.

What do you dislike?

There were a few limitations. One caveat on this. I reviewed 25 applications and ended with Kintone as the winner--hands down. There are two areas where it could improve. 1. Print to PDF out of the box would be a great feature, especially if it were tied to a "share" button...so that it could be shared with others outside the system. 2. Importing of field data. For example, one of the drop down fields that I had in an app had 90 items in it. I had to enter each one separately. A bulk upload for drop downs would be a great add on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick way to capture and manage data and manage workflow, Kintone, is a great solution. You do not need to be highly technical to use it and it will save you a lot of headache in the long run. The support team is very helpful and responsive to requests. I highly recommend this solution to those with some technical prowess to very advanced users.

The business problem we were solving include: the ability to capture consistent data that could be shared. Often people in these teams move around and core data gets lost. Kintone helped us with that problem. The other feature it helped us with was making sure that our people in the field had access to best practice information and could share their experiences with each other. Kintone facilitates all of this and more. It also provides a great deal of flexibility once each app is set up. We were able to get all of our apps up and running in short order and it's intuitive schema makes it easy to deploy. Even after we get feedback, changes will be done pretty quickly. Furthermore, we were able to rebuild a defunked system and replicate fairly complex functionality with a number of bonuses--namely more control over the design, which at the end of the day made the applications easier to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about kintone
kintone review by <span>Heather J.</span>
Heather J.

Incredible Turnaround for Our Company

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The flexibility of use. We can make this work for almost any process we have. Our biggest goal with Kintone currently is to reduce paperwork overhead and to help redefine some key businesses processes. So it has become a big tool in terms of process development. For a small-family owned company, this is HUGE.

What do you dislike?

There's not much we dislike - dislike is a bit of a strong word. There are some more things we'd like as an added benefit, but nothing that would be a deal-breaker. Opening up options for connectivity with other software (Office 365, for example). Especially for small business - this would give us the ability to be even more flexible and include some of our processes that are good. A lot of your mid-size to small companies are not going to have large-scale software product implementations. They're going to have a plethera of different softwares used to keep their business up and running. The more flexible a software, the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's DEFINITELY worth it. Kintone has enough flexibilty that you can pretty much create what you want. The support is top-notch and extremely helpful. The overhead of implementing is almost non-exisistent . Technically, if we had known exactly how we wanted to implement our process ahead of time - implementation could've taken less than a day. It only took longer because we were completing redesigning one of our processes. Take your time through the documentation - that's the biggest thing. The documentation is helpful - but read it ahead of time.

To start we've created a Supplier Portal in order to reduce overhead (a day and a half worth) for our Purchasing Department. We're also looking into using it for internal processes to help reduce overhead as well.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Natalie Garland of kintone

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it! I wanted to address your dislike you mentioned here and let you know you have a few options for connecting kintone with the other services you use. We integrate with Zapier, which allows you to create connections really simply with other web solutions. Check out more information here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/kintone/. Another option is building out a fuller integration using our open API. We have engineers on our end who can build out this integration, if you wish.

Please feel free to reach me for more information about connecting your services with kintone!

Cheers,

Natalie

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

kintone review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

Easy Cloud Apps for teams

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy to set up, easy to make new apps quickly, auto notifications were great. Minimal programming or coding required. comments on each record was very helpful to keep track of progress. The history icon that tracks changes to the records was extremely useful in digging deeper into 'what went wrong'. There was some coding required to change colors on columns etc. but the support team was good to share some basic code that I could update and tweak to use for other minor changes.

We had teams on different islands using the platform and were able to manage the workflow and permissions all from our central location on Oahu

What do you dislike?

calendar view was limited, the team was used to working with Outlook, but the calendar view could not compete with drag and drop, extending tasks to multiple days or color coding to manage types of tasks, so we ended up never giving up outlook calendar. Notification email could be better if it showed the sender's name instead of 'Do Not Reply',

The idea of spaces for groups did not really work for us as it was unclear how to really use that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

calendar view needs improvement

The company had been managing a high volume solar pv construction projects with sales and operations team using excel spreadsheets and emails. There were construction/project management software platforms available but were more designed for one or few projects. We chose Kintone because it looked like we could import our entire excel spreadsheet and start a whole new cloud based method right away . The sales would upload new projects, internal managers would approve them and Operations team would take them through to next stages all the way to construction and post construction. This for 40 projects a month.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Natalie Garland of kintone

Hi there- thanks so much for your feedback on Kintone! I have some good news for you around a calendar plug-in that we just released. You can use the plug-in for no charge and it allows you to color code tasks, drag and drop events, and act very similar to an Outlook calendar. Please feel free to check it out here: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us/articles/115001155913

If you have any issues adding the calendar to your domain, or would like some help with Spaces, I'm happy to assist you and your users! You can reach my team at support@kintone.com.

kintone review by <span>Robert P.</span>
Robert P.
What do you like best?

The ease of creating database files and reports without any in depth knowledge.I was able to teach my office administrative person ,who was formerly one of our bilingual students, to use the system in a very short period of time

What do you dislike?

Importing more complex excel files involves a bit more work than I had hoped but part of that is being new to the system and will likely get easier as our experieince increases

We are increasing the timeliness and accuracy of our files,eliminating the need to maintain paper documents and the ability to access our data on a variety of platforms. We are a small nonprofit so we still have a lot of work left to do to take full advantage but there is evidence that we are moving in that direction

kintone review by <span>Dave S.</span>
Dave S.
What do you like best?

Starting right from the beginning with the purchase process through the instillation the Kintone people where right beside me to walk me through.

What do you dislike?

I am 68 years old and slightly dyslexia since my youth therefore I have a difficult time following directions. Like doing a puzzle I need to have a big picture understanding before I start putting the details together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product well thought out for people like me looking for a basic product without having to have a PhD education..

It has been exactly hat we needed for our application, developing a library with over 1,000 entry records each with 8 fields of data.

kintone review by <span>Juan B.</span>
Juan B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy to create forms and look ups. Instead of using a vendor to build an application, we can create applications for our clients and better support them.

What do you dislike?

A few simple options are missing or can be only be done with Java script. The reason to use this product is not to have others involved.

Example: If have a look up table, you cannot type start typing in values and get a drop down showing which records match

Also: Say you have a yes or no question and you pick yes | the option to the form to display different questions.

The platform is great just some minor additions I see that are missing. We are though building applications for our clients on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I researched other platforms and found this one to be easy and the sales people are easy to deal with and open to help.

For our clients : Converting multiple excel or access intake systems to one on Kintone. We are able to secure data up to the row or column which is very nice. We are also creating custom Asset systems per client. Instead of using a 3rd party vendor and having them change it for our customers, we can now build it for them and support them direct. We are also migrating old print outs for orders to Ipad based ordering systems for retail.

Learn more about kintone

kintone Videos

Learning about kintone?

* We monitor all kintone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.