In a world flooded with analytics tools and dashboards nobody seems to focus on the value of simplicity and the usefulness of defining your own specific web-based business goals. KISSmetrics is not a flood of information, it's quite the opposite: a no bullshit tool that will uncover the honest truth about the results of the your marketing campaigns.
Nothing, in all honesty. At no point was I dissatisfied with the service, or felt that kit wasn't justifying it's cost in term of business value.
We spent a lot on advertising to drive more people to our website and (hopefully) get them to sign up for our service. Here are the specific problems/questions that KISSmetrics allowed us to answer:
1. Who does and doesn't sign-up?
2. Where did those who signed up come from when they first found us?
3. How many times did they come back, and what pages did they visit during the research/exploration process?
4. What was the last page they saw before they converted?
5. How long do our customers stay signed up for our service?
6. We just spent a ton of money re-designing our website, and the board of directors loves the way it looks, but does it actually drive more sales of our product?