Klaviyo

Klaviyo is an email marketing platform. Powered by data, built for ecommerce and web businesses.

Work for Klaviyo?

Showing 90 Klaviyo reviews
Klaviyo review by <span>Kelly R.</span>
Kelly R.

Great for smaller companies

What do you like best?

Klaviyo is really simple to use. The interface takes some time to get used to but there's not much to it so you get the hang of it pretty quick. You can drag and drop images within the template so there's no coding required. This makes it simple for the small business that can't afford to hire a programmer.

What do you dislike?

As your company grows it becomes a little too basic. Other larger platforms offer many more features and a more professional/knowledgable staff to help with marketing strategy.

There are also times when the mobile preview does not render emails properly. For example, it will show two stacked images in the previewer but when you actually send yourself a test of the email the pieces are not stacked on mobile.

Other than that, there isn't too much that I dislike. It's just easy to grow out of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend this software to those with a smaller business. I don't think it works well for a larger company where one might require more features or better support in the marketing strategy department.

Klaviyo is a more affordable solution to email marketing while still providing the basics that you need. I think it's the best "bang for your buck" email platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Klaviyo
Klaviyo review by <span>Sheryl B.</span>
Sheryl B.

Excellent self-service ESP with great automation

What do you like best?

Easy set-up with 3rd party integrations, good user interface (although it takes some getting used to), automated workflows are particularly easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Lack of readily available customer service is a big negative as is the inability to do segmentation on the fly when setting up a campaign. Also, they charge by the number of email addresses, not the number of emails sent, which is a more expensive model in the longrun since a large percentage of most databases are inactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a terrific platform with more pros than cons, however, the lack of readily available customer service is a big negative. The user interface is terrific, but takes some getting used to. The inability to do segmentation on the fly when setting up a campaign is frustrating, however, the ability to set up workflows quickly and easily is a huge plus.

Amazon integration allows me to understand Amazon order data in a way that is otherwise difficult, if not impossible, through Amazon.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Klaviyo review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

Powerful and Easy-to-Use

What do you like best?

Klaviyo does a good job at delivering an email marketing platform that is best for ecommerce merchants. It makes it easy to segment users, deliver timely emails based on user behavior, and personalize emails for customers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the product features are difficult to find and use. Some are buggy at times, but support is usually reasonably responsive to issues and concerns. The cost is a hefty one as well, and billing tiers are very small. Some of the segmentation options can be difficult to decipher, but their knowledgebase is very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to shell out a large amount of money. The good thing is that all features are included in all plans, so the only limitation is how far you want to grow your contact list.

We use Klaviyo to strengthen our email marketing program: both broadcast emails and trigger emails.

Klaviyo review by <span>Julie O.</span>
Julie O.

So happy we switched to Klaviyo

What do you like best?

I love that it integrates with our Big Commerce store and gives us transactional information, which we didn't get from Mailchimp. I also appreciate how easy it is to set up the different flows, and that they have out of the box templates to build off of.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a chat feature for customer service. It's a bit delayed having to wait for email responses. Having a phone option would be great too. I realize that a dedicated account manager is available once our account hits a certain number, but options other than email would be great until that time. I also wish they had emojis for subject lines on campaigns.

We wanted to have a better understanding of what our customers were doing/buying on our site, which Klaviyo has helped with tremendously. Our campaigns & flows increased our web sales by 30% in 2017. The segmentations have been the most helpful, especially allowing us the market to customers for both endurance product and lifestyle product.

Klaviyo review by <span>Alexei A.</span>
Alexei A.

Exceptionally Powerful Yet Simple To Use

What do you like best?

Klaivyo E-Mail Marketing is designed to keep your stress levels down, value up, and make you look like a marketing genius in the process. As an agency powering 100's of client accounts, our responsibility is to consult our clients on the best eco-system of marketing tools, processes, and platforms. Klaviyo fits into this eco-system as a 'No Brainer' component that any SMB or Mid-Market Company can use successfully from Day 1. The learning curve is tiny, while the features and capabilities are almost endless.

What do you dislike?

Truth be told, this is one area where normally I can list about a dozen or so issues on any system or platform we own licenses for. In the case of Klaviyo, there literally are no 'Cons' to speak of. So I guess I'm going to write about being a fan of hamburgers or something because there's really no other use for this box other than that. Klaviyo is literally THAT GOOD!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run to Klaviyo. Run fast, bring all your clients, their friends, your uncle, bring everyone. You will not be disappointed! It's literally THAT GOOD!

As an agency, our ecosystem of SMB and Mid-Marketing clients are always looking for consulting on 3rd Party Applications, Systems, and Demand Generation Processes that provide a high-yield ROI. Klaviyo delivers each and every time. The system essentially sells itself, while making the agency team look good in the process. Exceptionally strong, powerful, intuitive, and simple.

Klaviyo review by <span>Joshua L.</span>
Joshua L.

Everything you need

What do you like best?

Almost everything is out of the box. The customer segmentation is seamless, it communicates with Magento, pulls customer history and live time data and allows me to be nimble, segment better and better understand my customer.

What do you dislike?

I left my last provider because of a few reasons, but service / support was a big factor. With Klaviyo, during set-up and start-up I was constantly being contacted and then once we kind of rolled out, the support is now limited to email support - unfortunately our several instances installed on Magento have created some overlap and the support has been OK, but not as great as I would like. I'm more of a phone support person, it;s easier when discussing complexities and I feel a little pushed back with their support up to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait another day to switch, YTD 2017 vs 2016, my email revenue for only 1 website I manage is up 173%. 85% of that increase is due to the automation Klaviyo provides.

Every email mktg seminar I've attended always covered customer segmentation; how essential it is, how needed it is and how it's the future - yet, no platform I came across offered a tool that allowed segmentation without extensive exporting, importing and filtering excel docs. If I want to email my customers who have made a purchase in the last 3 months, without opening any other marketing emails and has spent over $125 I can create that segment in literally 3 minutes. No exporting, no manual data manipulation, etc.

Every flow/ series you can think of is pre-templated, ready to go and out of the box; welcome, adandoned cart, winbacks, browse abandonment, new customer, repeat customer, etc etc.

Learning about Klaviyo?

* We monitor all Klaviyo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.