What do you like best?
- Ability to see how you rate in terms of engagement, popularity, talkative...
- Able to search for influencers in the community of your choice quickly and easily and, if you want, convert them into lists or follow/engage with them through the platform
- Easily analyse your community/network
- It's my one-stop shop for pretty much all of my community management needs (I can't schedule and easily respond to mentions but I have other tools for that....
What do you dislike?
- It's not something that we need right now, but being able to more easily integrate with Twitter/facebook ads would be awesome
- Listening/monitoring could be improved by having more parameters
- A search to see key buzzwords/hashtags/phrases in a specific industry: e.g: being able to put "developers" and not only see the influencers but see key words that you might want to monitor based on that search or based on the analysis of the company brand profiles
- Instagram, LinkedIn, G+, YT etc would be great to be added to it as well!
Recommendations to others considering the product
I would particularly recommend this platform for start-up companies and those people looking for more than just a Social Media Strategy. I head up Events & Community at Paddle, and I don't know of another platform which offers me such an ease of use and such an array of Community Management possibilities. It is simply fantastic!
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We are at the start of launching our marketing department and we are a start-up tech company aimed at developers. Therefore, right now, it is all about monitoring, finding conversations and sparking up convos and relationships with key influencers. This is great for understanding the community as it stands now and to see the potential AND...EASILY make that potential a reality.
I can't rave about it enough.
For where we are in the business right now, Klear offers me everything I need.
I have just moved from Twitter to Paddle, and the first thing I did, was say "We need Klear" - and we got it, then and there because I am so sold on the importance, and it was easy to relay and sell that importance to the CEO and my colleagues.