Klipfolio

Work for Klipfolio?

Learning about Klipfolio?

Klipfolio Reviews

Showing 97 Klipfolio reviews
Klipfolio review by Vitor F.
Vitor F.

"One of the best Data Visualization tools I have ever seen"

What do you like best?

So many componets of visualization, such as gauge, sparkline, pictograph, funnels, bubble, maps and others, interface very easy to create strategic and tactical dashboards to follow on a daily, even hourly basis, the company's overall KPI and also sub-areas's KPIs;

It also has a lot of built in connectors like Amazon Redshift, Adobe Analytics, BigQuery, Google Analytics, most social networks API's, Google Drive, etc, and, in additon to that, it gives you the possibility to upload files (Excel, XML, CSV as JSON), connect via RESTfull web services, SQL Query (MySQL, Oracle, etc), retrieve files stored on an FTP Server and update data sources via e-mail attachment.

What do you dislike?

So far, for the company's needs, it meets all requirements.

Follow up the company's media investment on the several channels, conversion rate, daily, monthly and full year goals. We can, with Klipfolio, identify on an hourly basis, channels that are not performing well and make investments changes to the most performatic channels.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Klipfolio
Klipfolio review by Derek F.
Derek F.

"Powerful Dashboard Tool with Great Support"

What do you like best?

Incredibly flexible software with quick access to knowledgeable support personnel that can assist with any technical difficulties/challenges that I run into. Support has been great at walking me step by step through the setup of my specific dashboard klips and helping me find creative workarounds to complex Klips that initially seem impossible.

What do you dislike?

While you can do a lot with Klipfolio, it can have quite the learning curve. Certain features could be more intuitive and easier to work with, however the do a good job of balancing this with their support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a flexible tool that allows you to configure and manage your data for dashboard monitoring, then I highly recommend Klipfolio. They easily interface with a huge variety of software applications (primary ones I've used being Zendesk, Jira, Team City, etc..) and allow you to quickly put together beautiful klips to display your data. I came into Klipfolio with minimal programming experience and was able to setup a complex set of dashboards fairly quickly with the help of their support team. While they obviously can't set everything up for you, their support staff helped me along every step of the way. I have yet to find a significant challenge with dashboard setup that I wasn't able to find a solution to through their support staff.

I use Klipfolio dashboards to monitor support metrics for my organization. We track

- incoming support tickets

- average response time to support tickets

- alerts for when specific tickets have breached our guaranteed response / resolution times

- etc...

We also use Klipfolio for some internal development work, setting up SCRUM dashboards to help track sprint/project progress by looking at the following:

- Burndown Charts

- Story points per assignee

- Story points per Epic/Category

- Current Velocity

- Estimated Completion Date based on current velocity

- Total remaining Story points

- etc..

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Klipfolio review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Easy to Build Business Dashboard Tool for Startups and Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Of all the dashboard service platforms we looked at, Klipfolio was the easiest to get started and the most reasonably priced. If you are a small business or a startup that needs insights into your company growth (KPI), social media presence, and operational performance, you can quickly get there with this tool. There are a lot of sample and pre-built dashboards (like Facebook Engagement) you can simply reuse to start. There are also free online webinars and training video to quickly get you up to speed, and most impressive of all is their customer support. I was struggling to build a custom user growth dashboard from our own company data. The live chat support asks if I needed help and within 15 minutes, she built one of the growth charts to my specifications. Using her example, I was able to build the rest of the dashboard myself. I also like that the pricing is upfront and transparent, and the starter plan is reasonable for a small startup or business.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much to dislike. If I have to nitpick something is to have more useful example and pre-built dashboards. For example, instead of just reproducing what Facebook Insights or Google Analytics already provides you, have dashboards that show what business questions can be answered or interesting insights can be gleaned from their data.

As a startup, you need a quick and visual way to see how fast you are growing and how well you are doing (e.g. user growth, revenue, social media engagement, web traffic etc). Klipfolio allowed us to quickly build the necessary analytics, see and report it all in one place while keeping the service affordable.

Klipfolio review by Callebe M.
Callebe M.

"Essential for real-time analysis"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio gives me resources to build any dashboard I want with the speed I need. It is an essential tool to show real-time numbers and improve our ability to act and make the adjustmnets we need to reach our goals. Also, the customer service and the support team is just perfect. The only support I know that can chat through the website and solve minor questions, to help with formulas and customizations in real time, without charging any additional costs. For me, that is a game change!

What do you dislike?

I think the tool could be improved only on layout and customization bases. It could allow customization like the use of Google Fonts, to choose the position of the values on chart, to use gradient colors, something like a bar chart would be usefull too. In general, layout and feature customizations that other players have and is native, doens't need to change the CSS for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best investiment for a easy to use and fast to implement dashboard. It is so flexible that you can use in any type of business. I can asure that Klipfolio is 100% necessary in our business today. It can give us a better view of the entire process and allow us to be more productive and kpi focused.

We can share real-time data and results with our final clients. That way we can have a more transparent management of the entire chain-process and together, work to have even better numbers.

Klipfolio review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Klipfolio Proves For A Powerful & Revolutionary Dashboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

- Can integrate easily with a wide array of third party services

- Template dashboard elements provided for easy learning material

- Highly detailed software usage instructions & forums for discussion - so tackling problems is made a lot simpler

- Officially produced video documented guides reduces the learning curve

- Extremely flexible & able to refine data sets without the necessity of simplifying database design beforehand

- Affordable & excellent support staff

- Efficient refresh rates for data (& high level of customisation supported)

What do you dislike?

- We've been using Klipfolio for a few years & thus far have had no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for flexible dashboarding software which not only is highly scalable but simple to use, look no further.

- Easy to track a wide array of business KPIs & easily perform assessment on this information

- Visualise data simplistically & use this for key decision making

Klipfolio review by Rubem K.
Rubem K.

"Amazing and Flexible Product, world-class Customer Support."

What do you like best?

All the features, integrations and documentations I looked for on my research.

The product is considerably friendly for a newbie on programming like myself, Customer Support and documentation makes it much easier.

Pricing is super accessible, worth every dollar.

What do you dislike?

I had many situations where I had some pretty complex graphs to get done and I couldn't by myself. And only 2 times I had a support staff provide me with the necessary documentation - but still I couldn't get it done. Then I asked to another support staff to create what I was looking for and then explain how they got it done. Amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

From those that met the integration requirements, Klipfolio was the easiest to understand and to implement. The customer support really helped me.

Sharing data with all the areas of the company and our customers in a friendly and accessible way.

Klipfolio review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Great Resource for Dashboards "

What do you like best?

The whole package-ability to customize, wide range of tools, and ease of use

What do you dislike?

The datasource part is tricky. We had to get outside help. Unless you know code, you will need some help interacting with some datasources. (ours is Podio, whose API limits you to 1000 records, so we had to use a "dynamic" source thru JSON. Since I really dont understand all this, it took us some time to figure this all out and had to have outside programming help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to get some help setting everything help, unless you have simple needs and small amounts of data. If you have lots of data and require some complex aggretations of the data, you will probably need some programming help getting everything set up--which Klipfolio will provide for a fee, or you can go outside for help (there are several people on Upwork who consult in Klipfolio).

Great dashboards. We can now see our data from our CRM (Podio) in multiple ways and charts/graphs. Biggest benefit is ability to toggle the charts by date ranges. Analysis of statistics requires the ability to aggregate the data in different ways. Once all set up, Klipfolio lets you do this quickly and in different visually graphic ways.

Klipfolio review by Brian O.
Brian O.

"Clear performance visualizations from any data source"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of how clearly Klipfolio klips can communicate performance data in one dashboard, even though the data performance data may come from multiple systems and sources. The quality of the visualizations is impressive and being able to choose the which KPIs to present helps us keep our clients focused on the ones that matter.

What do you dislike?

Some date sort options are challenging to implement on your own but with Klipfolio's support team we've been able to overcome this to let clients choose their preferred performance period with a simple drop down menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The visuals are so attractive you'll be tempted to use more than you need to convey performance data. Resist that urge and present just the actionable KPIs in the most attractive way possible.

The biggest problem we solve is keeping everyone who needs to know about performance fully informed in an on-demand fashion. Instead of waiting for a cryptic weekly or monthly report, clients typically have a big screen on the wall of their office that shows their performance in real time. Now when the phone rings, it's not a request for data, but a question or suggestion on what to do about the data.

Klipfolio review by Andris Z.
Andris Z.

"Powerful, Customizable Product"

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with common data sources, and flexible enough to also accept more complex sources. Really great visualizations, and just the right amount of customization offered for most scenarios. I liked the interface, and the UI/UX improved significantly over the past two years. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging.

What do you dislike?

I would really REALLY have loved some data processing capabilities withing the suite. That is, I pull in dataset A, perform functions on it to create a dataset B, and then dataset B can be used throughout. Even better would be the ability to use SQL. There were some syntax/scripting quirks that I always found really strange, and I'm sure the developers would have a good explanation (so many 'slices' everywhere!), but after getting used to them, it was okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hard to find another product that would be better that sits in the space of being friendly to both relatively amateur and advanced users with this much flexibility, and really great visualizations.

Mainly used it to track key metrics and KPI's for our business, and make them easily accessible to the leadership team. Could create new dashboards without help from development team.

Klipfolio review by Jon C.
Jon C.

"This product is the perfect blend of high tech, visualization and end user experience. "

What do you like best?

Their support team is amazing! They are always there to help and are extremely knowledgeable and friendly to work with! Also, you don't need to be a technical expert to create really beautiful dashboards, but at the same time you can learn more and create some very powerful BI and Analytics visualizations and reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more visualization options, that could be because I use it so much in development, but would be nice to see things like alluvial diagrams, word clouds and other advanced or popular graphs/visualization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for dashboards to provide to c-suite and other executives, this is the tool to use! Remember, it's a dashboard tool, not necessarily a full analytics engine however.

I'm using Klipfolio to bring real data analytics to C-Suite executives of Fortune 500 companies every day. The product is truly a bargain for what it can do for any business.

Klipfolio review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Klipfolio is an amazingly elegant solution to KPI dashboard creation"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is easy to integrate and authenticate with all of your data sources with little headache. It has a lot of really great out of the box functionality but also allows you to build custom logic and data manipulation if you want to.

I also really like working with Adam, who is the Ninja consultant that is helping me through the process of implementing this solution in my company.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I can say I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try the Ninja service. They will save you a lot of time and show you things you may not know about the product.

Real time business insights with integration into 4 or 5 of our critical business software tools to aggregate all our reporting in one place.

Klipfolio review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Great Tool for Bringing Data together With Powerful Visualizations"

What do you like best?

Overall, I like the flexibility and quality support of this solution the best. You can connect to any major data source, and Klipfolio is always there via chat, email or phone to help walk through difficult formulas or connect to a complex data source. They have powerful, (and easy to use) visualizations and most importantly, listen to and care about their customers. They are constantly improving their product, and actively encourage feedback and new feature requests. I also love how I can use their pre-built Klips and templates for quick (and visually appealing) reports.

What do you dislike?

Initially, there was quite a steep learning curve (however I started my Klipfolio journey over a year ago which they have since, improved their product to eliminate many of my early frustrations). Although they make many normally complex tasks and make them easy , there are a few tasks that are normally easy that I find are unnecessarily complex but given the alternative (which for me was excel/google sheets) it was nothing. I do think you need to make a commitment to continually learn to get the most value from Klipfolio as a solution. Although it is easy to get started, it does require a commitment to maintain the data and the dashboards if you are going to use them (which I hope you are) to make smarter decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the trial! Make sure you have the time to commit to learning it and making use of the trial. Don't hesitate to reach out to Klipfolio for help, they have countless (well documented, and helpful!) resources.

For us, it was more of a compatibility issue at first. I built dashboards in excel (not live, but ones I manually updated for him each week - with limited automation) , however, everyone was on Macs, and my dashboards were hard for the exec team to even read. Although Google sheets was a temporary solution for us, the visualizations were hard, inflexible, and time-consuming and coming from excel, the dashboard took a huge hit from a visual stand-point. Even though I was still reporting on the same numbers, no one could look at the dashboard anymore, it was ugly, and no one knew where to look and the story it was telling. We then went out looking for solutions. The next consideration was cost and Klipfolio won hands down in that department. It solved our visualization problems, and it solved the problem of accessibility (now everyone can not only view but also create their own dashboards!) Now although we are still very much in the early stages of our dashboard journey, we have everyone looking at their data , setting goals, asking questions, and making decisions, all with data that was always there, but never displayed in a meaningful enough way to act on.

Klipfolio review by Spencer J.
Spencer J.

"Great support, flexible product, great value"

What do you like best?

Support is top-notch when you need assistance (about the best I have encountered among all the applications I use). I do like that you can feed any almost any data source with the right connection. The visualizations are very crisp as well.

What do you dislike?

The product is very flexible as far as which data sources can be used. The downside side of that flexibility is that there is a bit of a learning curve to getting a new data source connected that they don't already have a connector for. But, I was surprised when I submitted a support ticket for help with connecting a data source (Square to be specific), and the support team replied with instructions on how to connect it via API credentials. I thought I would be on my own for that, but they took care of me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan on some learning curve. The formulas are slightly different from Excel. You will need a light-programming knowledge in order to connect data sources that don't have a pre-built integration.

I am using it for several business cases, including a dashboard for a service business where they can view invoices and performance against targets updated in real-time. This has transformed how I consult with clients. We talk more about strategy rather than just a financial update. This client in particular really likes to view the Klips (dashboard visualizations) from their cell phone. They use the Klipfolio mobile app almost exclusively.

My second significant use is I pull data sources in to create a job costing dashboard. A client can view on a daily basis how much gross profit each customer is generating throughout the month.

Last, I use Klipfolio to produce owner statements for vacation rentals. The client manages rentals for their clients. I pull in bookings from travel websites and create owner financial statements as Klips/dashboards in Klipfolio. This has greatly reduced the number of errors generated previously when we hand produced the statements from Quickbooks and spreadsheets.

Klipfolio review by User

"The Best Dashboard builder out there with the best Support"

What do you like best?

I liked the interface, and the UI/ UX. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging. I like how Klipfolio gives you to set Dynamic variables(Fetch to Data sources Queries)

What do you dislike?

I would like if you can provide more functionality and help with using HTML Components + Populating Data. I would love if you can let users use custom images in the Indicator Logics ( Instead only using available Icons / If the user can use custom GIF/JPEG/PNG )

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tried several other products before switching to klipfolio and I can say its hard to find another product that would be better for new and advanced users with much flexibility.

Great tutorials and the best is Great Support. Klipfolio Team is available round the clock on support tickets, live chats and that is the one of best feature.

We are tracking our Live server statistics real-time. We also track our marketing campaigns and we use to monitor our ticket system on dashboards. We still have ideas to develop new dashboards which help our business performance.

Klipfolio review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Extremely helpful and intuitive way to give a snapshot of your company"

What do you like best?

We used it to make dashboards that include data sources from Salesforce, Quickbooks, Google Ads, and social media. Our original intent was to simply display a Salesforce dashboard on a TV in the sales floor. After getting quotes for many thousands of dollars for custom, non-editable dashboards - I found Klipfolio. Saved us a ton of money and allows us to see a live view of all parts of the business.

What do you dislike?

Setup was a bit challenging, but once we got the dashboards setup how we wanted... we let it do it's thing.

Executive dashboard summary with sales/accounting/marketing all in one spot. We also use it on a dedicated TV for the sales team to see their performance. Helps keep the sales guys motivated!

Klipfolio review by Oscar R.
Oscar R.

"Its exactly what i was looking for authomatizing analytics reports in an easy way with all freedom "

What do you like best?

Klipfolio tool has a big potential reach that you can get with all the freedom to make a dreaming dashboard wich will be authomaical completed because of what you connect or sync on it. All things are well documented with exercises and videos. The support is excellent

What do you dislike?

:) the only problem i found is that i just hear about this tool recently 3 months ago, but i was looking for something like this for 5 years. I were trying many tools and anyone has this kind of reach for the final results

The publicy need to expand in all the world

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to spent less time making reports and spent time on analyse the information to take critical decsions, consider klipfolio as your main ally.

With this tool i can see in the future how our business can highly grow making all reports very quickly and focusing on the important information for critical decisions. We will spent less time with this tool

Klipfolio review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"Viz tool for Postgre database with no-time set-up"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is dynamic and you can start building your visualization in almost no-time. I was looking for a solution for our business overview dashboards, which is affordable and give us possibility to start building our dashboards as soon as possible. We needed cloud/online solution without instalation, which has Postgre database integration - that's we have got with Klipfolio.

One more feature to mention - it's pretty good, that you have plenty of pre-built visualization and dashboards (you would appreaciate that, especially if you are online marketing agency, or building dasgboards for your online business using Google Analytics, Facebook, Facebook Ads or other data sources)

What do you dislike?

My main problem was with Klipfolio date filters. I have been struggling with them for a while, but than guys at Klipfolio help me out during our onboarding call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Tableau and QlikView before - these are great tools, maybe more BI and more detailed functions than Klipfolio. On the other hand - using Klipfolio is easy (even non-technical users can use it), you can use it on Windows or Mac, it has many integrations and pre-built visualization, and the most important - it's really affordable tool even if you are small start-up/ marketing agency.

As I mentioned at first paragraph - we are building our business overview dashboards. Basically dashboards for CEO and whole team how are business is doing in terms of KPI which we choose and measure over the time. Benefits - quck way from start to first viz, affordable and many pre-bult viz and dasboards are main benefits which we really appreciate!

Klipfolio review by Gisela D.
Gisela D.

"Great so far!"

What do you like best?

Great dashboards, great customer service, and a lot of materials online to learn. The dashboards offer white and black themes but for the premium users they also offer CSV which can allow users to modify more bits within the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve of the tool. You need to completely change your mindset, but once you do it's great! Sometimes it is difficult to find which functions you should use regarding to date/time, which in my opinion they are quite tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth giving a shot and be patient with learning the tool. It is worth it at the end and it is more flexible than other data visualization tools.

Reporting, data visualization, data QA Health. We are using it as a great way to share data internally as well a externally with clients.

Klipfolio review by Ole Martin K.
Ole Martin K.

"Awesome and easy available custom dashboard solution"

What do you like best?

There's quite a few thing I want to highlight:

* All the available integrations with third-party available

* The library of already made Klips you can add to your dashboard with a click

* The advanced engine to build your own Klips

* Security: In this time where safety issues are on everyone's mouth, you have multiple options for increasing security, like IP Range Restriction, user lockout, password strength settings++

* The support and follow-up: The people behind Klipfolio are really helpful and even send you a personal welcome on board message with one-to-one communication to get you up and running.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have much to do with the service, but more a user issue; building Klips from scratch demands a bit integration knowledge with the use of API's. If I sit down and really focus, I'm sure I will get it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for a trial, build and add Klips and I'm quite sure you will get satisfied. Having all those major services and Klips available makes it easy to get started.

We're showing of our Inbound marketing and sales numbers and KPI's internally on a big TV screen. It is always available and you're able to see those key metrics instantly - whether it is a need of optimizing or changing something, or put the metal to the pedal to boost some numbers.

Klipfolio review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"What a time saver"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution to feed data from my central offices for our field officed located hundreds of miles apart. Data needs to be brought in from different sources and then combined and parsed and then represented graphically. This software does all of that and a whole lot more.

I am able to grab data from a series of sheets in Dropbox while at the same time grab live data from sheets in Google drive and have these work together. The Klipfolio Software allows me to not only grab from two places but have the data interact, change to graphs and even work with various sorts. This allows the people who sell in my company better understand where they stand in terms of the work flow and sales.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of a thing bad to say about this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to know what you want out of this going in. But if you do, it is easy to set up and the support team makes it easy to customize it to the way you need it. I also like the fact that it has an email option so managers can see what will be on the boards before they get to them. The fact that each also has web links makes it easy for me to use this with signage products.

I am able to communicate with employees everywhere in the organization. For the people on the street, they can see if they are meeting or exceeding KPIs. It also allows them to see who is the best and why based upon different criteria.

Klipfolio review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Great for tracking KPI's and visualizing data across data sources"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to mash up multiple data sources and the pre-built connectors available to make the integration smooth. It always impresses clients when they come in and see real-time data on our TVs in the office and it helps us as a team keep track of KPI's and outliers/exception reporting.

What do you dislike?

The formula builder takes a little getting used to and definitely requires some experience and technical acumen. Often the email snapshots cut off some of the reports which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure someone is the owner with some technical acumen - experience in Excel, Tableau, SQL will help. We recommend linking it up to in-office TVs to promote a data-driven culture.

Joining all of our data sources into one problem to track across social media, google analytics, and salesforce data. Keeps the entire team focused on a few KPI's and helps us react to our data more quickly to fix potential issues. It's also helped with sales to show off the dashboards.

Klipfolio review by Administrator

"Great visualizations, awesome support!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the support team's efforts in helping with issues and explaining the logic behind their solution. It has helped me learn how to make effective dashboards instead of simply copy/pasting formulas.

What do you dislike?

While the chat and phone support are perfect, I find email issues kind of get buried, especially support tickets. Thankfully, there's always someone in chat to help me find a quick fix. Also, clocks and leader boards. Where are the pre-built clock Klips and leader-boards? I'm dying for a real-time updating clock with different time zones and a simple leader board klip.

We are a startup with a small team and in our environment, reporting kind of gets left out on the priority list. With real-time data visualizations our team can easily find and asses our performance for current and past months. It helps us focus on the things that matter while being able to quickly glance at the stats.

Klipfolio review by John L.
John L.

"KlipFolio truly makes data and business analytics visualization and sharing a breeze."

What do you like best?

KlipFolio's ability to easily connect very diverse data (Excel files, analytics, etc) and make the process of turning it into visually appealing and shareable dashboards at a reasonable price was exactly what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

Very little to say here... it really did hit all my primary requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - the ability to demo the product completely and really see how fast you can make your dashboard(s)/Klips should convince you of the products value.

We started by implementing visual dashboards of many complex internal business and product data, then added in QC and QA dashboards, followed by great dashboards on sales and analytics.

Klipfolio review by Consultant

"Great visualization tool!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and connect to multiple data sources. Support team is very responsive to help you through those times when something doesn't quite work as intended. I especially like the ability to connect with Salesforce so that we can share data to non-Salesforce users.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a "freeze pane" capability when extracting data from large Excel files

I use Klipfolio in 3 businesses and it enables the visual display of key data directly to those who need it. It is very cost effective, fairly easy to use and enables data from many sources to be brought into one place. The ability to bring in Salesforce data via reports or through the ability to query directly to the Salesforce object is extremely powerful. Its quite amazing how so many people are in awe of what can be created - if only they knew how easy it was!

Klipfolio review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"The Leader in Reporting Software"

What do you like best?

It's compatible with nearly every platform and data source, one way or the other. It is great for pulling together several diverse data points and getting them into a executive dashboard for simple analysis and overview.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve if it's you're first time, but there are several different resources available for training. But worth the cost savings as using the Klipfolio devs to do this can be very expensive. There are also some common platforms, such as Marketo that don't have integrations yet and require API connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a strong case to choose such a powerful tool. It can require significant resources and there are often more simple solutions that would fit many situations. However, if you do have a larger organization that has a number of data points that need to be monitored closely, Klipfolio is one of the best available.

Having several different web properties, KPIs, and business goals, Klipfolio is one of the only tools that allows us to put these in a high level format for our executive team. Having digital metrics, seminar attendance data, revenue and even internal data, automated, in one place, saves a ton of time across nearly every major team in our organization.

Klipfolio review by Jose Antonio J.
Jose Antonio J.

"My klipfolio experience"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Klipfolio makes it easy, fast and simple to connect multiple datasources to your klips. So you just have to focus your time on your organization's KPI's, instead of the way to get them.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if they had a debugger console, or something like that, in order to monitor the variables that are used on our dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recomended

A lot. Before klipfolio, we used to create our client's reports using slides on Powerpoint or Keynote and we took the data manually from external files. But now, our clients receive all this data via klipfolio dashboards that are updated automatically from Google sheets. We achieve this in a month and a week, and our clients are very happy with this neew cool way.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Dashboards"

What do you like best?

The users ability to customize even the smallest details in the programming/coding of the dashboard. The ability to make certain parts of the dashboard only visible to certain staff members. The iPhone App is great for our staff to be able to access real time data. The integrations with Google Analytics, Facebook, and many other software suites is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of development can make it a little bit difficult to train on others on how to develop the dashboard. It does not have a direct integration with Church Community Builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into how specific/particular your needs are. If you work in a large industry with clearly defined KPI's and software then it is most likely that many dashboards would suffice your needs.

However, if you need to build custom KPI's and goals that are not clearly defined elsewhere then Klipfolio's customization would certainly be what you need.

We needed a way to compare our current performance to last year's performance. Furthermore, we needed a way to customize our performance (at what point do we go from minimal business growth to excellent business growth?) Being able to set those goals and standards ourselves within the dashboard has been great. The dashboard has been very customizable to our goals and KPI's.

Klipfolio review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Weekly Klipfolio user. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add dashboards, add Klips and KPI trackers, and how it gives my whole team visibility into company numbers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how they do not have an "easy" plug-in for every software, however it seems as if they add more and more quite often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use especially if trying to get more out of your Google Analytics experience. Also great to give your team additional visibility into high-level company numbers.

It's giving my team visibility into numbers across the company they wouldn't otherwise see.

Klipfolio review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Top notch marketing reporting"

What do you like best?

The new beta product has potential particularly for Marketo, Google Analytics, and Facebook Ads metrics. As a consultant, being able to provide my clients with great reporting is a key differentiator.

What do you dislike?

The platform is complex and requires a lot of learning. The tricky part is that you need knowledge of APIs to extract data into the Klipfolio system. The new beta makes it a lot easier to transform the raw data into visualizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a lighter investment than a BI tool but you will still need to spend time setting things up.

I'm a marketing consultant providing my clients with reporting. The benefit is the ability to position yourself as a reporting/analytics expert, and to give your clients with unfettered access to interactive reports.

Klipfolio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Management Consulting
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Management Consulting

"Klipfolio Fully Reccomended"

What do you like best?

What i liked the most about Klipfolio at the start was the huge amount of data connectors available to us at the start. the ease with which you can build and customize your dashboards is truely impressive and easy to learn. On top of all that, any shortcoming i have found with this tool, or any issue i have faced has always been quickly addressed by the team of "ninjas" that are working hard behind the scenes, or developers who have patched issues that i have reported on within weeks.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionalities for managing clients and their sub accounts were not fully developed but more is being done to address this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get engaged in the community and you'll start reaping the rewards

Being able to offer our clients reporting through a modern digital format is completely changing the image of our company and the internal efficiency impact and share of data within teams has been dramatically improved, saving the company money, and delivering a more professional and powerful service to our clients.

Klipfolio review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"The best tool for dashboards?"

What do you like best?

I like the estitics of the graphics and layout. Nice and clear. Even when building from scratch the tempaltes etc. ensures nice looking dashboards.

What do you dislike?

It lacks connectors to our CRM and Quote software. I need to pull data to an Excel sheet first and then work on that, A minor detail though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that the connectrors available fits your legacy system - or prepare to spend some time setting up your own. It is not difficult!

It mske it easy for the whole team to be updated on KPI's. That allows us to have an ongoing conversation and thus focus on the right things.

Klipfolio review by Blake D.
Blake D.

"Amazing capabilities at a great price point"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate with many different systems and different formats (CSV, JSON/web services, SQL, etc). Pre-built connectors to common platforms are great. The actual visual aesthetic of the platform is pleasing to the eye. The mobile support is coming along pretty well. The support and success organizations are great to work with!

What do you dislike?

Performance can be a little bit dodgy at time, though in the 3 months that we've had the platform it seems to be getting more reliable. The formula editor can take some getting used to - it's not as simple as writing Excel pivots! That said, there are good cookbooks available on their website that can guide you through most scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your trial, ensure that you're able to produce a good sampling of different dashboards using your preexisting data sources. You may need to find ways to re-work or transform your source data to ensure that it's able to be presented correctly in Klipfolio.

We use Klipfolio across a broad swath of our business - product development, sales, and support and services. Since we've implemented a number of systems which are able to talk using modern REST web services, it's been easy to pull data into Klipfolio and get a holistic view of the business.

It's easy to know whether we're on- or off-track at a glance and performance discussions with my staff have become very easy - just look at the monitor and figure out if everything is going well or not!

Klipfolio review by Ivan Alekcei H.
Ivan Alekcei H.

"A great tool for a great visualization "

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is very intiutive and easy tool to use, it´s great because has a lot of features to extract the data and put it in the tool. The most important and gratificant experience is the custom service, because if you have any trouble it doesn´t matter if it is easy or hard, they would help you.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of complex features that i needed and they don´t have it yet. I know that they are working in this new features.

We are working in the data visualization for the different areas in the company. It fits perfect for the users in the company who view the dashboard for the facility to interact with it.

Klipfolio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Klipfolio Saves me hours every week!"

What do you like best?

How customizable the components can be. Most services force you to only use their predefined elements, but Klipfolio gives you nearly full control over how things look and data is calculated. If predefined elements are your cup of tea, however, they have plenty of those too!

In short, Klipfolio has made so I can customize reporting to 10+ accounts and we no longer have to create a multitude of monthly reports. I used to dedicate many days and manpower to getting all clients reporting at the beginning of the month. However, the dashboards we created in Klipfolio replace ALL of that.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be slow to load. However, my dashboards have a lot of visualizations so it makes sense load times would take awhile.

The learning curve of advanced features can be steep, but after diving into some of the resources they provide, it can become second nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get good value for this product. The learning curve CAN be steep if you like to customize everything. If the predefined options are good for you, they can get started really quick. There are a lot of learning resources such as blogs, videos, and a new class. I have new team members use these and they are incredibly helpful.

Monthly reporting for all of our clients! I save a lot of hours and manpower every month by having all my monthly reporting in dashboards. Now we just have monthly calls to review our findings and our clients can enter the dashboard at any time.

Klipfolio review by User

"With this tool we can adjust the commercial process at the instantly."

What do you like best?

We use so many important information to manage the sales process and inform our team in a Screen panel where they can perform better. This is crucial for our success.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. For the cost and for what deliveries we don´t have any concern about.

We control the sales daily, we target the prospection just in time, we let our employees know the commission per sale and the total amount when they close a deal and we input this in our system. Besides that we create a sales ranking and motivate our team to be better and better. This make our job much easier because we control all the company process phases passing for our employees the ownerships of their activities. Here we close about 200 deals with 200 different companies and each deal makes a new process that are showed for our team in a TVs screens around the company.

Klipfolio review by Anu G.
Anu G.

"klipfolio gets you business data on your fingertip in real time"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is a powerful tool that works like a charm. It can connect to 100s of services , provide custom access to business critical metrics and gives complete summary of your business day in real time.

What do you dislike?

Though Current Klipfolio editor more mature ,earlier version of klip editor was bit more intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Klipfolio is powerful BI tool and is still remarkably simple to use . It can be customised to build dashboards specific to business needs. All my clients love Klipfolio and it works like a charm !

I am helping my customers get complete snapshot of their business day in real time by integrating dozens of tools to create powerful custom dashboards which they can access from any device any time..

Klipfolio review by Cam G.
Cam G.

"So Far, Amazing."

What do you like best?

Needed a way to integrate the seemingly dozens of tools our organization is using into one digestible dashboard. We're using Klipfolio to show our results from Adwords, Analytics, SEO tools, and our personal spreadsheets to the entire team in both of our global offices. Everybody is aware of what exactly is happening at any given moment, and the formatting makes it much easier to tell how we're performing at a glance than spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

The Klip-builder interface has a fairly steep learning curve if you want to create anything detailed. Luckily, the templates that come built-in with Klipfolio can get the job done in most instances. For our custom Klips, I did most of the 'heavy lifting' in Google Sheets, and displayed the results using Klipfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price--it's a no brainer. Seriously. If your organization is bigger than 3 or 4 people, having everyone's work results in one place is a huge time saver, and takes the guesswork out of projections.

Trying to bring together the results of different aspects of our business. Now, our development team and the business side can see each other's results at a glance, and have a quantifiable, and real-time goal to work towards.

Klipfolio review by Lucas D.
Lucas D.

"Great tool for integrating data and using Klips on the gallery"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio's connectors are very complete. Probably there is nothing you can't do with it.

What do you dislike?

For building custom klips it takes some effort as the tool is not optimized for this use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Filters and hidden data handling could be done more easiliy as it takes lots of clicks ot get everything done.

Centralize all media data in my company as a trading desk and digital media hub. I could connect to Yahoo BrightRoll data by e-mail sendings reports.

Klipfolio review by Gabriel W.
Gabriel W.

"Life Saver and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Great Support and easy to use! Helps me turn raw data from diferent data sources into information our CSMs and Sales Reps can use to make important decisions eficiently.

What do you dislike?

Nothing until now. Product has been working as expected and Tech Support has been awesome.

Klipfolio allows me centralize all of my data sources easily into one place, providing a quick analysis of what used to be raw data, guaranteeing eficiency to our CSMs and Sales Reps .

Klipfolio review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Klipfolio has allows our business to identify our KPI's and show our C level managers the right data"

What do you like best?

Their support is best of the best! When you need a hand with anything from formulas to custom API information, they're there to help you with it all. Plus the display is easy and intuitive to use and interpret.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found something I dislike yet. The formulas can be a little tricky to learn in the beginning, but after you read through their help and discussion pages, you'll get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Klipfolio's support is flat-out amazing and they're there to help you with anything you need along the way.

We're currently identifying where we can re-reach out to our prospects to re-engage them through the sales funnel and get them into our office quicker. We've realized that Klipfolio allows us to show the data that matters the most to the top-level managers.

Klipfolio review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"Flexible Tool and Analytics Dashboard"

What do you like best?

Loved the integration with Google Drive, made dashboard updates easy. The password protection and ability to share outside the organization was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The ability to individualize a dark theme or light theme for the dashboards would be nice instead of the setting applying to all dashboards. A sorting mechanism vs. a drag and drop when inserting new klips would be helpful.

Easily understood data at a glance. Team meetings for recognition of YTD goal progress, KPIs and Capacity metrics pulled from other systems.

Klipfolio review by Vincent B.
Vincent B.

"Klipfolio is a great tool to dress up your data"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility in designing the dashboards. Click and drag scaling of all the "klips" is a great function and really lets you be in control to get things organized.

What do you dislike?

Data manipulation is limited, you can do some pretty cool stuff but you need to have some skill in order to do it. Otherwise you are going to be in a tight spot and constantly asking others for help or trying to figure things out in excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Klipfolio is a great tool and definitely worth checking out. The support is on point, and even if their team can't assist they have a few partners that they can refer you too for larger scale projects. Cost effective. Really allot of bang for your buck

Creating dashboards out of raw data, custom solutions to answer various questions, and provide an easy way for our team to get insights they otherwise may have missed

Klipfolio review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Best solution for displaying real-time metrics to non-technical users"

What do you like best?

Great implementation from a developers perspective. Easy to add custom data sources, even ones you wouldn't normally think of to add directly into a reporting system. No need for a middle SQL-based database just to get your statistics into your reporting system.

What do you dislike?

Editor is clumsy and the overall performance is lacking. Sometimes charts don't load and there's some weird things with data sources caching especially when you have some parameters included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the pre-built "Klipstarts" and run through some of the tutorials first.

We now know exactly what's going on in our production systems, and we don't have to rely on more expensive systems like Tableau anymore. Dashboards work to get a quick glance at our systems, as well as allowing us to provide downloads of data for our internal users. We also provide public dashboards to our clients for them to see snapshots of usage.

Klipfolio review by Andrei M.
Andrei M.

"Klipfolio - amazing way to organize stats from various sources in one screen"

What do you like best?

Ability to work with stats from various sources in one screen and even to match one against the other (for example, I take unique visitors data from Google Analytics and match that against the number of people who fill out our form using our internal MySQL data).

They probably have the best onboarding process and support.

What do you dislike?

If you purchase a license during the trial period, you lose the remaining trial days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of working with support during the trial period. They will help you build a dashboard that is so useful that paying for the license will be a no-brainer.

Getting the picture of my most important business KPIs.

Klipfolio review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Powerful tool with good customer service"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the tool best. Klipfolio can do whatever I want. And when I don't know how to do it, their customer service is always ready to help out.

What do you dislike?

Klipfolio itself can be a bit difficult to get into, especially if you want data to be pulled from different sources. So how I did this: Automatically pull data into Google Sheets and do all my calculations there. Then use Klipfolio for visualization.

Klipfolio is a great way to communicate our progress to reaching our objectives, and a great way to show our KPIs.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best data visualization tool in the market"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the data sources and the quickness of customer support. Theses guys developed a truly amazing product, it fits all of our needs, and I'm sure it will fit yours too!

Shout out to Amir from CS, he's amazing and did a great job with the question I had.

What do you dislike?

DIdn't find anything I didn't like so far, thats absolutely insane! In a time where products are made to be selled as services Klipfolio is a fresh sight amognst a pletora of tools that only seem to want your money and don't care about the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to get into this platform, it will blow your mind.

Basically everything related to our clients dashboards go through Klipfolio today, even our internal one too. This plataform is amazing and the team behind it is even more so.

Klipfolio review by Niall B.
Niall B.

"I use it everyday"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and intuitive it is to you use. It's a fantastic solution to visualise your KPI's and share them with the entire company. The prices are reasonable and the product suits a business of any size.

What do you dislike?

There's a steep learning curve, but this isn't uncommon with other dashboards or analytical tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a while to get used to it and how it works but it is worth every minute.

The entire team can look at our dashboard in the common areas and be kept up to date with our KPI's

Klipfolio review by Erik v.
Erik v.

"Cervinoboard & Klipfolio: a perfect couple"

What do you like best?

We (cervinoboard.com) are heavy users of Klipfolio and have connected many parts of our software (datacollection Engine) to Klipfolio and we are fully using the Klipfolio API. This API is a very strong feature allowing us to rapidly deploy dashboards, tabs or klips to many of our users in a very short and automated way.

What do you dislike?

It does take some getting used to. Especially the formula engine can get quite complex rather soon. But there are plenty of partners out there to help out when needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to Geckoboard or Tableau. Determine how exactly you need to use the product. Klipfolio is a smart and flexible dashboarding tool (best in class) but it is not a BI tool like Tableau.

We help online marketing agencies and their clients make better decisions, faster. We use Klipfolio for visualization of all the relevant statistics and our Big data engine collects data from all online sources, interprets the data and sends it to Klipfolio dashboards, adding alerts that appear in the dashboard so Agencies can see where to take action and how..

Klipfolio review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Great visualization tool, but awful API for developers"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is one of the best services to bring your data together. It provides you an ability to combine lots of different data sources and create an awesome metrics to share with your staff. The interface is pretty straightforward and support guys are pretty responsive. In general, the solution is great, if you don't have to implement any integrations using Klipfolio API.

What do you dislike?

The REST API provided looks pretty solid at the first sight, but when it comes to development, you suddenly meet a *surprize*. First of all, there are some limitations for requests limit per second (about 5 per second), somebody would say it's pretty enough and I would agree, if the method structure was logical, but it's not. Some of the "create" methods allow you to pass parameters, which will require extra API calls to change. For example, you can set user role on user create, but you can't use only "edit" method to change user role, you have to make another call, so that if you want to change several user parameters on edit - you will have to make a ton of API calls instead of sending one, at least for some of the extra parameters. If you go a bit deeper, you will also find a lack of documentation or even a wrong description of methods usage (in some cases).

We use it to build various metrics for internal staff and it fits our needs just perfect.

Klipfolio review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Many Data Sources Available"

What do you like best?

We use Klipfolio a lot around the office, and it's been quite effective for us. The number of data source inputs that they connect to makes it a breeze to show data across multiple software that we utilize.

What do you dislike?

The visualizations are not the strongest. It's difficult to get buy-in from our more creative staff in the office who like to see 'prettier' charts and graphs. This is important to some people and so it's been a bit of a struggle from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to give it a go, there is a strong community built around Klipfolio and you'll be able to get the support you need to make the most of it. Connecting Google Sheets or Excel Data is a breeze.

As I mentioned it's been quite nice to have multiple data sources come in under one roof and to be able to visualize that data rather than leave it stuck in a spreadsheet.

Klipfolio review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Great product, great service, great support, great team"

What do you like best?

Getting up and running quickly and being able to display some useful information almost strait away was great. Its relatively easy to use, quite intuitive and the service and support is rock solid.

What do you dislike?

Bit of a steep learning curve with the formula's required to extract data and turn it into meaningful displays

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommend this product and the company. The support staff are excellent at what they do and have been able to provide everything I have asked for. Communication is excellent as is the reliability of the product.

We use it in our warehouse to track operations activity and order volume. We also use it in our office to display performance metrics, sales results and useful general information

Klipfolio review by Navera A.
Navera A.

"Easy to build customized Dashboard"

What do you like best?

The REST API framework allows to integrate several services. In addition, things can be build up without writing code

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad that's much prominent to say about

Developing BI dashboard with different web services and also services provided by klipfolio. Its easy to integrate data sources and giving spectacular views using the connector gallery.

Klipfolio review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Could Not Live Without My Klipfolio Dashboards"

What do you like best?

Ability to create Klips that never need to be touched once they are displaying the correct data. The SaaS version of "set it and forget it".

What do you dislike?

The inability to drag Klips on a dashboard to resize. VERY minor critique considering the complexity of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it. They are investing heavily in their product and people.

Operations, customer experience, goal tracking, internal communications have all improved dramatically due to consistently updating dashboards and up to the minute information.

Klipfolio review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Klipfolio Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to create multiple custom dashboards from our data within Salesforce that are stakeholder specific is very valuable. It is also nice to be able to pair the Salesforce data with other data sources to create a complete picture. Another nice feature is the ability to create maps.

What do you dislike?

It is unfortunate that you can not draw from formulas that were created in the source Salesforce reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution that will allow you to tap into your Salesforce data along with other data sources to give stakeholders real time information, Klipfolio would be a solution to consider.

We are able to have dashboards that give stakeholders across our organization up-to-date information in real time. This improve overall efficiency by allowing those stakeholders to instantly make informed decisions to drive business.

Klipfolio review by Yves F.
Yves F.

"Great tool for Dashboarding & Datavis"

What do you like best?

It's my swiss knife on different data and api. Let's me tell a story behind the data. Merge a load of different data sources and align dates and different inputs (CSV, JSON,...) for a non techy.

What do you dislike?

It has repetitive tasks for formatting output, an outdated grid system and limited formatting possibilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning curve can be quite steep, but it's worth it. Regular upgrades aimed at novice users, great chat support.

Connecting the whole online customer journey & digital marketing across different tools (& data).

Klipfolio review by User in Financial Services

"Great combo of features, integrations and ease-of-use, plus best-in-class customer responsiveness"

What do you like best?

So many good aspects, but "best" has to be how incredibly responsive the support team is, especially via Chat. Whether your starting with dashboard setup/formulas, or doing something advanced, there's usually a learning curve. Lots of good documentation is online, but after making a go with that, there's nothing and noone better than KlipFolio's team helping with example formulas, looking at my setups, or recommending integrations. What's "also best"? I chose them because of the best combination of powerful formulas, off-the-shelf data integrations, ease-of-use and documentation. I tried 5 alternatives before choosing Klip.

What do you dislike?

Not a knock at all on Klipfolio, but dashboards in general do involve a learning curve to use array-based formulas. They are more sophisticated than cell-based Excel formulas; closer to but easier than SQL. Once you understand a formula it can take only 10 minutes to replicate a view on a new data set, but understanding and apply a new batch of formulas can take a couple of hours the first time, for any dashboard tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make generous use of customer support Chat during the 14-day trial period. Obtain management buy-in of using dashboards an early priority, based on piloting your own data. Emphasize that "deep" investigations, involving ad hoc analytic reports can start with dashboards but usually wind up needing manual work.

A certain set of business analytic graphs, especially where data is high-level and will be looked at by business users and management, are a great fit. With dashboards there's no need to automatically regenerate the data weekly or daily. We've developed into a day-to-day data culture, which makes marketing somewhat closer to a rigorous methodology than pure intuition.

Klipfolio review by Parma G.
Parma G.

"Business Insights"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and deploy the technology with key business insights. I also enjoy the support I receive on each interaction with the Klipfolio team and walk away more knowledgeable on each interaction.

What do you dislike?

There is no white label mobile option. I would like to see more background templates built in as part of the background setup in the dashboard as well as allowing user to upload a specific template without CSS.

Sales and marketing performance indicators

Financial Metrics

Klipfolio review by Jente D.
Jente D.

"Stop being a report monkey!"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio integrates with any datasource! And it helps you, as an analyst, to free up time for more meaningfull tasks.

What do you dislike?

Performance for really large data sets can be tricky at times (load times). However, support is happy to help you out in such cases to see where there's room for improvement.

It helps in automating recurring reports so that repetitive tasks can be overcome. Saving time AND keeping analysts happy in their job.

The many visualisations offer enough freedom to make each dashboard attractive to business users.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Klipfolio product review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate a wide range of products/metrics into a visualized dashboard. In particular, I like using the product to create client-facing reports that display--in a consumable form--the client's key performance indicators.

What do you dislike?

The reporting export feature. It can be hard to get a report exported in a way that scales properly to the document size. It needs to be easier to see where the pagebreak occurs for exporting reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It needs to improve the ability to export reports. Also, a MAJOR issue is copying dashboards over. I want to use it as a template. I want to be able to duplicate a dashboard, and just import new data and then have two comparable reports side by side. If I did this in one account, I would end up overriding it. If I edit it in other places, it tends to override the host dashboard too.

The problem I'm solving is the attempt to use one playform to produce reports. Everyone has different metrics and exportable data. I use klipfolio to congregate the data. I usually link it to a google sheet.

Klipfolio review by Carl C.
Carl C.

"Best platform for real-time business Dashboards"

What do you like best?

They have the best customer/technical support team ready to assist you with whatever concern you have with the product.

What do you dislike?

It takes some technical knowledge to be able to create customize Klips.

With the dashboard in place we could keep track of different business metrics on a daily basis thus making business decisions easier.

Klipfolio review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Limited"

What do you like best?

Data manipulation is cool, but to get data that you can't get already from your original app's dashboards you must be quite tech savvy.

What do you dislike?

Useless for dynamically growing datasources. You MUST specify the total count of records for a map function to get all records if the target API doesn't provide all records in a request, but most APIs don't provide that. Support suggested hardcoding the count in which would make the data inaccurate as the database would be growing all the time.

This is true for both zoho and hubspot APIs. Zoho's API doesn't give many other options as there's no total count, but hubspot is pretty much impossible as the index returned in the API request isn't an accurate representation of the number of records to come.

e.g the next index is 101, but in the next set of 100 records the index count be 256 (records could be deleted or other things happen to it) so it's impossible to work out the index and the only way you can get the next set of data is use the offset value returned in the previous API call, which is impossible to do in klipfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone tech savvy with querying and datasource manipulation in your team and fully understand the limitations of the sources you'll be pulling from. (zoho, hubspot, google analytics, etc)

Month to month comparisons of various data unavailable elsewhere.

Klipfolio review by Will C.
Will C.

"Klipfolio: The Answer to all our BI Needs"

What do you like best?

The best part about Klipfolio to me has been the customer service.

What do you dislike?

They could support more software platforms, but they still do allow to make connections to most software with a little bit of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require lots of customization and value attractive dashboards, Klipfolio is the answer.

We are accessing metrics that help our day to day operations through ConnectWise and displaying them on TVs throughout the office.

Klipfolio review by Stephen C.
Stephen C.

"Great dashboard and reporting tool"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use

- Dashboard and reports

- Mobile app

- TV mode

- Great support

What do you dislike?

- Automated email reports don't render the best in PDF format

- Would like an easier way to implement user input for date range to control all klips on a dashboard

Data transparency and consolidation from disparate systems

Easy to read dashboards and data to be able to give real time and valuable insights

Klipfolio review by Hugo B.
Hugo B.

"Clear data in one place"

What do you like best?

Nice amount of plugins available. Integrate with a lot of different dimension ex. Google Analytics

What do you dislike?

Complexe API setup. Some plugins require MOZ account which we don't have, so extra cost.

Centralize critical and global data in one place, can integrate with Salesforce and Pardot.

Klipfolio review by Jackie P.
Jackie P.

"KlipFolio is Awesome for Dashboards"

What do you like best?

It has been great to create dashboards to answer business questions. It allows us to have multiple data sources combined together.

What do you dislike?

I think that it can be difficult to create the dashboards. However, they have Ninja services, where they help you set up the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have KlipFolio Ninja services help you in getting your dashboards created. Although there is a little higher cost, it makes it go a lot faster.

We were all talking about metrics but looking at different data. Now we can all look at the same data in the same place. In addition, we can show Klips that show our goals and how well we are doing related to our goals.

Klipfolio review by Andrzej .
Andrzej .

"Amazing flexibility for dashboarding"

What do you like best?

Possibility to combine data from almost any source imaginable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Klipfolio is the right fit for almost all my data visualization needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with few excel files to see possibilities, you will quickly understand how useful is Klipfolio.

If you need to setup data dashboard for your customers nothing comes close to Klipfolio. Great addition is scheduling of reports send by e-mail directly to you customers.

Klipfolio review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Simple to use, all the features you need"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to pick up the basics and get something out the door, really fair pricing, and amazing (fast) customer support. Their "ninja service" is awesome...they basically do it all for you at a really reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

A bit of a learning curve for complex uses, but support team can take you through most things.

We're using Klipfolio for basic performance reporting (in real-time) dashboards. It keeps everyone on the same page and eliminated manually pulling data.

Klipfolio review by User in Internet

"Easy to setup/use, critical to our business"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is solid. We used it, primarily for board decks/all hands calls, etc, and it was very easy to set up and maintain.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the fact that it lives outside of the CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What you see is what you get, here. I only used it in a capacity in which we were tracking sales, marketing, and customer retention. I'm unsure as to the full scope of features available, but klipfolio comes highly recommended, and I don't have anything negative to say about it.

Having all of our KPIs in one place was helpful. being able to access information in real-time made it easy for us to understand the current state of the business at a moment's notice.

Klipfolio review by Ashley L.
Ashley L.

"Klipfolio is great for being able to display stats and data."

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use once the initial data is input in there so it can display what it needs to display correctly.

What do you dislike?

Problems arise with it fairly often (it shuts off or won't display the correct numbers on the dashboard).

I use it to display my performance and it benefits me by pushing me to work harder and smarter.

Klipfolio review by Ian H.
Ian H.

"Fantastic Product"

What do you like best?

We really like how Klipfolio allows novice users to combine multiple data sources into one great dashboard!

What do you dislike?

We're very satisfied with the qualify of this product.

Sales Dashboards, Data reporting, Project Management

Klipfolio review by Nico W.
Nico W.

"Perfect way to display your data"

What do you like best?

You can easily combine multiple data sources.

Once you collect the data you edit/combine all data with a Excel like editor. This data can be transferred into charts, numbers, pie diagrams etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of the dashboards are automatically generated, but aft that a pretty steep learning curve is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many different resources and know what date you want to display. Consider this as your best option. Especially if you want go really detailed or the option to drill down.

Gaining insight in multiple different, but related data sources.

Klipfolio review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Klipfolio Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of linking Klips to Google Docs and the automatic updates.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see finer detail graphing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an easy to use graphical tool for performance, I cannot recommend this more.

Links seemlessly to google docs and formula use is top notch.

Tracking process performance using upper/lower limits and process output.

Klipfolio review by Raphael F.
Raphael F.

"Klipfolio - love you!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to analyse and track in real time, as well as the highly detailed reporting available to users.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot generate a report and include only the month in question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! I use it every day!

We are able to provide a clean and professional report to our clients as well as track, accurately the website performance.

Klipfolio review by Conrad O.
Conrad O.

"Super powerful but complicated "

What do you like best?

Pull in data sources that many reporting tools don't yet support and offer up for marketers.

What do you dislike?

Complicated setup, often need help from a programmer to get all of the data I want in here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need simple reporting, check out Raven Tools or Moz as well. But for most marketing teams, you need something like Klipfolio to get the right data.

Reporting to clients on a monthly basis. Saves time once setup as it pulls metrics via APIs quickly.

Klipfolio review by Thomas V.
Thomas V.

"Go-to solution for tech startup"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to set up and connect to multiple data sources, very clean interface and excellent support team

What do you dislike?

Con'ecting to apis requiring pagination could certainly be made a smoother experience

Getting a cockpit of my business across all lines of activities, both operational and commercial

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great tool to get an overview of all your digital marketing activities"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup dashboards, functions and formulas are well defined and flexible enough to extract any data and present in a variety of formats

What do you dislike?

Its not a plug and play, meaning if I were to ask someone to set up some dashboards from our reports, the person will need some time to get used to Klipfolio.

We have a dashboard which presents us the important metrics from our Google Analytics and AdWords accounts. We send out monthly reports to our marketing team members, keeping them up to date on their online performance.

Klipfolio review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Wonderful Up-to-Date News on my Daily Payments"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I get to see me payments as my work develops.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I actually enjoy the system a great deal. I am a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it to contract workers, as it gives up to date notes on daily payments for work.

Not solving anything. Just using it to see daily updates on my work.

Klipfolio review by Johannes S.
Johannes S.

"Extremely Flexible"

What do you like best?

Flexibility - almost everything can be done with it.

What do you dislike?

There could be even more complex diagrams.

Visualizing production output, telefone queues, sales performance, ...

"Making B.I Easy!"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to fetch data from multiple sources easily.

What do you dislike?

I think making some queries still not easy, but they have a great support team that helps most of the times - with no cost!

Several wallboard are now running klipfolio, providing real time data to quickly decision.

Klipfolio review by Melanie R.
Melanie R.

"Most Flexible and Customizable Dashboard Platform"

What do you like best?

After thoroughly researching & testing other dashboard platforms for our marketing analytics, this was the only cloud solution to fit all of our functionality & customization needs. I was scouring the market to find a solution that could support this idea I had of pulling in analytics from at least 10 different platforms and then produce data-driven charts, tables etc in specific ways that would best tell the story of what results we were seeing from our efforts. I wanted most of the data to pull in dynamically through API (social media, google analytics, salesforce, etc) but there were some analytics that require our hand calculations so I needed an easy option to securely share data that was generated by our team through spreadsheets. I also wanted to customize how the interface looked with our own branding. It needed to support growth as we evolved our technology solutions as well. I also looked at security, privacy and of course budget requirements. This was the only platform that could really support all of my needs straight out of the box, and it offers so much more than what I even expected. I've used a lot of different cloud platforms for different things, and I am impressed with the functionality of Klipfolio, and I haven't even had a chance to dig into some of the more advanced features. Along with this platform providing the most robust technology, it also fit our budget the best. For me, selecting this platform was a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

The downside of this product in comparison to others is that it does require some technical knowledge to get going out of the box. I have a technical background so this wasn't an issue for me... I was more focused on finding a platform that would not limit us in how it could be used. They do have an awesome support team though that will walk you through the process and I understand they can also provide consulting to help get it setup if needed.

We've drastically reduced our time to compile and share analytics surrounding our marketing efforts. Before implementing this platform we were spending a lot of time creating monthly & quarterly presentations to present our accomplishments, and now we can consistently provide more intelligent data through a more streamlined process. Our analytics now tell a story by measuring activity against goals and KPIs. By allowing us to gather data through the API we've been able to create reporting that isn't available out of other native applications. Most importantly though this system has completely shaped the way our department is measuring activity and responding to results... we have filled the measurement gaps in our processes and are continuing to get smarter about what we're executing.

Klipfolio review by Dimitris V.
Dimitris V.

"Klipfolio get things done"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio provides a great infrastructure in order to build great visualization.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be a little bit harsh if you don't have a technical background

We help our client's businesses grow by providing data visualization to answer important questions.

Klipfolio review by Alex N.
Alex N.

"Fully featured system in daily use"

What do you like best?

Good clear visualisations and good solid formula process

What do you dislike?

Occasional confusion whilst creating the code behind the visualisations

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good fully featured tool. Readily accessible for all levels of technical expertise.

It gives live data of the running of the team to managers both whilst in the office and out too.

Klipfolio review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Digital Metrics - Not bad!"

What do you like best?

I like that it is customizable and easy use once set up.

What do you dislike?

Setup - if you have a complicated structure can be a bit of a task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set some time aside for setup if you have a complicated structure or multiple vendors.

Achieving success on digital campaigns by having a good view of what is going on and being able to report those views back to the client.

"Powerful Tool"

What do you like best?

Data Integration across different data platforms with thousands of possible configurations.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve, but the live chat is definitely helpful!

Working towards visibility and traceability.

Klipfolio review by User in Computer Software

"Great simple dashboard to pull from multiple locations"

What do you like best?

It's easy to pull information into a dashboard that senior management will actually look at.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time selling the value of yet another software when I can show marketing analytics in google. Have to have all departments of the company using it to see/sell value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get everyone onboard to see value.

Combined view of all relevant company KPI's. Did a great job as a weekly 5 minute review.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to setup and connect to your data"

What do you like best?

The vast array of choices to connect to. Helpful support staff.

What do you dislike?

Learning the Klipfolio formula language can be challenging.

Being able to visualize and share data between many stakeholders has been key. Keeping everyone on the same page is critical.

Klipfolio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple, easy, sharable , cost effective"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to create real-time visual graphs across multiple marketing tools & amazing support

What do you dislike?

Bit of a steep learning curve when building Klips from scratch

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with their support team. View klips from their portfolio to see how the query language is built.

One place where we can centralize marketing performance reports across a 25-platform marketing stack. Easy to share. Save hours per month preparing PPT decks

Klipfolio review by Agency
Agency

"Great Tools And Support"

What do you like best?

I love their chat support service that helps me get quick answers to my technical questions.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I dislike at this point.

Client Dashboards.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

Good resources for help online. Helpful staff. Easy to use interface. Tons of examples.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far everything is good. Haven't had any problems.

Showing KPIs

Klipfolio review by Marcus H.
Marcus H.

"Most versatile solution for dashboards and reports."

What do you like best?

Very versatile.

Many connectors.

Beautiful design.

What do you dislike?

SSO (single sign-on) could need some improvement.

Dashboards and regular reporting

Klipfolio review by User

"Great tool for Dashboards"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for dashboards that allows the user to connect with data sources such as PostgreSQL and Google Drive. Definitively, one of the best supports I've ever seen.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the pages seem a little "buggy", taking more time than usual to load.

Creating a BI department on my company. Allowing us to see and follow in real time our sales.

Klipfolio review by James K.
James K.

"Great software, great support"

What do you like best?

The Klip editor is super advanced. You can basically do anything from any data. It is magical.

What do you dislike?

They use xpath queries for selecting data but only a limited subset of the language works.

Anyone can build dashboards!

Klipfolio review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Most flexible tool"

What do you like best?

Everything is possible. Each data set can be linked, data can be processed and displayed in different ways.

What do you dislike?

The software behind the Klips are complicated

All the data from various sources are visible in one place and can be linked with each other.

"Klipfolio Review"

What do you like best?

Versatility, ability to pull high level data from multiple sources and put into one easy to understand dashboard.

What do you dislike?

From an agency perspective, pulling in all engine accounts separately is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smaller scale - it's great. If you're an agency, be prepared to spend a lot of time on setup.

High level reporting dashboard incorporating all products and all engines.

Klipfolio review by Consultant

"Great platform and excelent features!"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio requires no ability to understand data management and advanced analytics.

What do you dislike?

It's very unstable sometimes, and KF's own connectors are really hard to code.

We were able to reduce to almost zero our reporting efforts, as well as building operational dashboards to really sustain a data-driven operation.

Klipfolio review by Chirag Shah C.
Chirag Shah C.

"Good graphics ..good data summary"

What do you like best?

Realtime information ..user interface/graphics

What do you dislike?

Crashes when loading too much data , takes time to learn

simplifies complex data comparisons, generating dashboards from multiple data sources

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Dashboard Solution for Digital."

What do you like best?

Klipfolio has a excellent ui and options for connecting various datapoints to build a dashboard for anyone. Friendly staff and support.

What do you dislike?

It's a more complex to link together multiple data but they do offer klip ninjas for additional cost.

Bringing data live.