(109 reviews)

Work for Klipfolio?

Learning about Klipfolio?

Klipfolio Reviews

Showing 121 Klipfolio reviews
Klipfolio review by Leah Rose R.
Leah Rose R.

"Simplified client reporting - saving me so much time! "

What do you like best?

I love that Klipfolio has pre-built integrations with the software systems we already use.

What do you dislike?

It takes quite a while to learn how to edit and/or refine the Klips, I'd like to see a few more tutorials about the basic set up and functionality.

We work in HR/Talent Acquisition and have long relied on data to drive our strategy and fuel our continued success. Before using Klipfolio I was spending numerous hours on a weekly basis gather "clipped" data from various software sources (Google Analytics, YouTube, JazzHR, FB Ads, Google AdWords) and then constructing my own dashboard using Google Sheets. I have spreadsheets with a tab for each week of the year (that's 52 tabs!) that shows the progression and movement of key data points, which is arguably quite useful, however, if a client wants to see a specific comparison of data, I would go back to the various data software locations, "clip" newly aggregated information and create another tab (more darn tabs!) to show the new comparison data. Although my clients appreciated having such deep insight into the metrics of their business, my process was woefully time-consuming and couldn't produce the real-time high-level data analysis we needed. I had been looking for an automated dashboard system that could easily integrate all the data sources I use, I tried a few other dashboard companies, but was blown away with the high-level functionality and ease-of-use Klipfolio platform.

Klipfolio has already saved me countless hours of running numbers and "clipping," and has given me a new way to present real-time data to my clients. I'm excited to see just how integrated our client dashboards will become!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Klipfolio
Klipfolio review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"Powerful, easy to use, great value dashboarding software "

What do you like best?

We have been using Klipfolio for more than a year now and I'm constantly impressed. The functionality is great - easy to pull in data and make all sorts of visualisations from it - and the service is great. Multiple times I've had to reach of for help figuring out a formula or configuring a data source and the Klipfolio team are super helpful. We work with a lot of small business owners and I actively promote Klipfolio to them as a way to track and display the key metrics in their business.

What do you dislike?

I am yet to come across something I dislike. There is a learning curve to figure out how to pull in and query your data properly but the resources and assistance Klipfolio provides helps you get up that learning curve pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you need a tool to track and display KPIs then this is definitely the one to use. It's powerful but really good value and the support is great. Invest some time in making sure you are pulling in and displaying the right data and you will see significant business results.

We have dashboards for each of the departments of our business - Marketing, Sales, Operational Delivery - and Klipfolio lets everyone see exactly how we are tracking against our key metrics and targets. From a management point of view, this significantly increases my ability to ensure the team is working on the right things at the right time. Klipfolio is a massive contributor to our success each month, especially in ensuring we hit our marketing and sales targets.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Klipfolio review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Great product and killer support."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up (once in the swing of it) insights provide real time visualization of data that can lead to better informed business decisions. Chat support is top tier, and have only once been unable to answer a question I had on the fly. The rep submitted a support ticket for me, and we were able to work through the solution.

What do you dislike?

Some learning resources outdated and do not match up with the current version of the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow a little bit of ramp up time. Once in the swing of it, it's easy to use and create on the fly.

We've been searching for an all in one BI solution that's friendly to use and provides good visualizations that are quick to deploy. We've been able to transitions some of our key Google Sheets to automated tools that combine data from Salesforce and other business systems to provide actionable insights.

Klipfolio review by Américo S.
Américo S.

"Easy to set connections to most databases"

What do you like best?

The fact I don't have to waste 30 minutes updating an spreadsheet cause the tool can't connect to every database we use. That might sound like an easy to get feature, but we use so many different types of tools, databases and systems data make getting everything with a single BI tool almost impossible in my humble opinions. Most other good tools cost many times more what this tool costs us.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of more supported languages since it makes so only I can do some of the tasks, while other people here are unable to use the tool properly due to language barriers. This is not much of a big problem but it can get in the way of some users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check if this tool can connect with all the systems, databases and tools you currently use. If so go ahead, you will have a great experience with Klipfolio. If need be you can just get in contact with their support, they tend to have an solution to most my questions.

Getting fast and actionable data on an easy to visualize way, my manager is too lazy to read reports (even though he keeps asking for then) so at least with this he can get the data.

Klipfolio review by Vitor F.
Vitor F.

"One of the best Data Visualization tools I have ever seen"

What do you like best?

So many componets of visualization, such as gauge, sparkline, pictograph, funnels, bubble, maps and others, interface very easy to create strategic and tactical dashboards to follow on a daily, even hourly basis, the company's overall KPI and also sub-areas's KPIs;

It also has a lot of built in connectors like Amazon Redshift, Adobe Analytics, BigQuery, Google Analytics, most social networks API's, Google Drive, etc, and, in additon to that, it gives you the possibility to upload files (Excel, XML, CSV as JSON), connect via RESTfull web services, SQL Query (MySQL, Oracle, etc), retrieve files stored on an FTP Server and update data sources via e-mail attachment.

What do you dislike?

So far, for the company's needs, it meets all requirements.

Follow up the company's media investment on the several channels, conversion rate, daily, monthly and full year goals. We can, with Klipfolio, identify on an hourly basis, channels that are not performing well and make investments changes to the most performatic channels.

Klipfolio review by Derek F.
Derek F.

"Powerful Dashboard Tool with Great Support"

What do you like best?

Incredibly flexible software with quick access to knowledgeable support personnel that can assist with any technical difficulties/challenges that I run into. Support has been great at walking me step by step through the setup of my specific dashboard klips and helping me find creative workarounds to complex Klips that initially seem impossible.

What do you dislike?

While you can do a lot with Klipfolio, it can have quite the learning curve. Certain features could be more intuitive and easier to work with, however the do a good job of balancing this with their support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a flexible tool that allows you to configure and manage your data for dashboard monitoring, then I highly recommend Klipfolio. They easily interface with a huge variety of software applications (primary ones I've used being Zendesk, Jira, Team City, etc..) and allow you to quickly put together beautiful klips to display your data. I came into Klipfolio with minimal programming experience and was able to setup a complex set of dashboards fairly quickly with the help of their support team. While they obviously can't set everything up for you, their support staff helped me along every step of the way. I have yet to find a significant challenge with dashboard setup that I wasn't able to find a solution to through their support staff.

I use Klipfolio dashboards to monitor support metrics for my organization. We track

- incoming support tickets

- average response time to support tickets

- alerts for when specific tickets have breached our guaranteed response / resolution times

- etc...

We also use Klipfolio for some internal development work, setting up SCRUM dashboards to help track sprint/project progress by looking at the following:

- Burndown Charts

- Story points per assignee

- Story points per Epic/Category

- Current Velocity

- Estimated Completion Date based on current velocity

- Total remaining Story points

- etc..

Klipfolio review by Spencer J.
Spencer J.

"Great support, flexible product, great value"

What do you like best?

Support is top-notch when you need assistance (about the best I have encountered among all the applications I use). I do like that you can feed any almost any data source with the right connection. The visualizations are very crisp as well.

What do you dislike?

The product is very flexible as far as which data sources can be used. The downside side of that flexibility is that there is a bit of a learning curve to getting a new data source connected that they don't already have a connector for. But, I was surprised when I submitted a support ticket for help with connecting a data source (Square to be specific), and the support team replied with instructions on how to connect it via API credentials. I thought I would be on my own for that, but they took care of me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan on some learning curve. The formulas are slightly different from Excel. You will need a light-programming knowledge in order to connect data sources that don't have a pre-built integration.

I am using it for several business cases, including a dashboard for a service business where they can view invoices and performance against targets updated in real-time. This has transformed how I consult with clients. We talk more about strategy rather than just a financial update. This client in particular really likes to view the Klips (dashboard visualizations) from their cell phone. They use the Klipfolio mobile app almost exclusively.

My second significant use is I pull data sources in to create a job costing dashboard. A client can view on a daily basis how much gross profit each customer is generating throughout the month.

Last, I use Klipfolio to produce owner statements for vacation rentals. The client manages rentals for their clients. I pull in bookings from travel websites and create owner financial statements as Klips/dashboards in Klipfolio. This has greatly reduced the number of errors generated previously when we hand produced the statements from Quickbooks and spreadsheets.

Klipfolio review by Fredrik E.
Fredrik E.

"Beautiful Dashboards"

What do you like best?

A great variety of visualizations and customization available.

Connects with many different data sources.

Affordable. Offers several tiers, depending on needs.

Slideshow mode for easy display on office screens.

Technical support is very responsive, helping new users get up to speed when they run into technical issues.

Excellent sharing features. Especially useful for remote employees who don't have access to the office screens.

Nice onboarding process.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. There's a bit of a learning curve to getting some of the visualizations set up properly, but that's to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is suitable for sharing via both browsers (PC) and via dedicated wallboards/office TVs. Carefully consider your options if you're considering the latter. We're using a hard-wired PC (HDMI) to rotate our dashboards.

Real-time sharing of business information on office dashboards/wallboards, presented in a visually pleasing format.

Klipfolio review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Easy to Build Business Dashboard Tool for Startups and Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Of all the dashboard service platforms we looked at, Klipfolio was the easiest to get started and the most reasonably priced. If you are a small business or a startup that needs insights into your company growth (KPI), social media presence, and operational performance, you can quickly get there with this tool. There are a lot of sample and pre-built dashboards (like Facebook Engagement) you can simply reuse to start. There are also free online webinars and training video to quickly get you up to speed, and most impressive of all is their customer support. I was struggling to build a custom user growth dashboard from our own company data. The live chat support asks if I needed help and within 15 minutes, she built one of the growth charts to my specifications. Using her example, I was able to build the rest of the dashboard myself. I also like that the pricing is upfront and transparent, and the starter plan is reasonable for a small startup or business.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much to dislike. If I have to nitpick something is to have more useful example and pre-built dashboards. For example, instead of just reproducing what Facebook Insights or Google Analytics already provides you, have dashboards that show what business questions can be answered or interesting insights can be gleaned from their data.

As a startup, you need a quick and visual way to see how fast you are growing and how well you are doing (e.g. user growth, revenue, social media engagement, web traffic etc). Klipfolio allowed us to quickly build the necessary analytics, see and report it all in one place while keeping the service affordable.

Klipfolio review by Callebe M.
Callebe M.

"Essential for real-time analysis"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio gives me resources to build any dashboard I want with the speed I need. It is an essential tool to show real-time numbers and improve our ability to act and make the adjustmnets we need to reach our goals. Also, the customer service and the support team is just perfect. The only support I know that can chat through the website and solve minor questions, to help with formulas and customizations in real time, without charging any additional costs. For me, that is a game change!

What do you dislike?

I think the tool could be improved only on layout and customization bases. It could allow customization like the use of Google Fonts, to choose the position of the values on chart, to use gradient colors, something like a bar chart would be usefull too. In general, layout and feature customizations that other players have and is native, doens't need to change the CSS for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best investiment for a easy to use and fast to implement dashboard. It is so flexible that you can use in any type of business. I can asure that Klipfolio is 100% necessary in our business today. It can give us a better view of the entire process and allow us to be more productive and kpi focused.

We can share real-time data and results with our final clients. That way we can have a more transparent management of the entire chain-process and together, work to have even better numbers.

Klipfolio review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Klipfolio Proves For A Powerful & Revolutionary Dashboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

- Can integrate easily with a wide array of third party services

- Template dashboard elements provided for easy learning material

- Highly detailed software usage instructions & forums for discussion - so tackling problems is made a lot simpler

- Officially produced video documented guides reduces the learning curve

- Extremely flexible & able to refine data sets without the necessity of simplifying database design beforehand

- Affordable & excellent support staff

- Efficient refresh rates for data (& high level of customisation supported)

What do you dislike?

- We've been using Klipfolio for a few years & thus far have had no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for flexible dashboarding software which not only is highly scalable but simple to use, look no further.

- Easy to track a wide array of business KPIs & easily perform assessment on this information

- Visualise data simplistically & use this for key decision making

Klipfolio review by Rubem K.
Rubem K.

"Amazing and Flexible Product, world-class Customer Support."

What do you like best?

All the features, integrations and documentations I looked for on my research.

The product is considerably friendly for a newbie on programming like myself, Customer Support and documentation makes it much easier.

Pricing is super accessible, worth every dollar.

What do you dislike?

I had many situations where I had some pretty complex graphs to get done and I couldn't by myself. And only 2 times I had a support staff provide me with the necessary documentation - but still I couldn't get it done. Then I asked to another support staff to create what I was looking for and then explain how they got it done. Amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

From those that met the integration requirements, Klipfolio was the easiest to understand and to implement. The customer support really helped me.

Sharing data with all the areas of the company and our customers in a friendly and accessible way.

Klipfolio review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Easy to use, excellent support staff"

What do you like best?

I love the total control over the data in my flips, and I love the easy of creating individual klips.

What do you dislike?

The system can be a little slow to load, and I would love an option where a slideshow display through multiple klips was possible/easier to make happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the product an invested try. Work with the support team, play with your visuals, don't be afraid to ask questions, because you absolutely be given the necessary support to make your dashboards exactly how you want them.

We started using Klipfolio because we had a very similar visual dashboard through another company but weren't able to make changes quickly and it was cost prohibitive. This product has allowed us total autonomy over the board and it's very reasonably priced.

Klipfolio review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Great Resource for Dashboards "

What do you like best?

The whole package-ability to customize, wide range of tools, and ease of use

What do you dislike?

The datasource part is tricky. We had to get outside help. Unless you know code, you will need some help interacting with some datasources. (ours is Podio, whose API limits you to 1000 records, so we had to use a "dynamic" source thru JSON. Since I really dont understand all this, it took us some time to figure this all out and had to have outside programming help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to get some help setting everything help, unless you have simple needs and small amounts of data. If you have lots of data and require some complex aggretations of the data, you will probably need some programming help getting everything set up--which Klipfolio will provide for a fee, or you can go outside for help (there are several people on Upwork who consult in Klipfolio).

Great dashboards. We can now see our data from our CRM (Podio) in multiple ways and charts/graphs. Biggest benefit is ability to toggle the charts by date ranges. Analysis of statistics requires the ability to aggregate the data in different ways. Once all set up, Klipfolio lets you do this quickly and in different visually graphic ways.

Klipfolio review by Brian O.
Brian O.

"Clear performance visualizations from any data source"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of how clearly Klipfolio klips can communicate performance data in one dashboard, even though the data performance data may come from multiple systems and sources. The quality of the visualizations is impressive and being able to choose the which KPIs to present helps us keep our clients focused on the ones that matter.

What do you dislike?

Some date sort options are challenging to implement on your own but with Klipfolio's support team we've been able to overcome this to let clients choose their preferred performance period with a simple drop down menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The visuals are so attractive you'll be tempted to use more than you need to convey performance data. Resist that urge and present just the actionable KPIs in the most attractive way possible.

The biggest problem we solve is keeping everyone who needs to know about performance fully informed in an on-demand fashion. Instead of waiting for a cryptic weekly or monthly report, clients typically have a big screen on the wall of their office that shows their performance in real time. Now when the phone rings, it's not a request for data, but a question or suggestion on what to do about the data.

Klipfolio review by Andris Z.
Andris Z.

"Powerful, Customizable Product"

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with common data sources, and flexible enough to also accept more complex sources. Really great visualizations, and just the right amount of customization offered for most scenarios. I liked the interface, and the UI/UX improved significantly over the past two years. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging.

What do you dislike?

I would really REALLY have loved some data processing capabilities withing the suite. That is, I pull in dataset A, perform functions on it to create a dataset B, and then dataset B can be used throughout. Even better would be the ability to use SQL. There were some syntax/scripting quirks that I always found really strange, and I'm sure the developers would have a good explanation (so many 'slices' everywhere!), but after getting used to them, it was okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hard to find another product that would be better that sits in the space of being friendly to both relatively amateur and advanced users with this much flexibility, and really great visualizations.

Mainly used it to track key metrics and KPI's for our business, and make them easily accessible to the leadership team. Could create new dashboards without help from development team.

Klipfolio review by Jon C.
Jon C.

"This product is the perfect blend of high tech, visualization and end user experience. "

What do you like best?

Their support team is amazing! They are always there to help and are extremely knowledgeable and friendly to work with! Also, you don't need to be a technical expert to create really beautiful dashboards, but at the same time you can learn more and create some very powerful BI and Analytics visualizations and reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more visualization options, that could be because I use it so much in development, but would be nice to see things like alluvial diagrams, word clouds and other advanced or popular graphs/visualization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for dashboards to provide to c-suite and other executives, this is the tool to use! Remember, it's a dashboard tool, not necessarily a full analytics engine however.

I'm using Klipfolio to bring real data analytics to C-Suite executives of Fortune 500 companies every day. The product is truly a bargain for what it can do for any business.

Klipfolio review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Klipfolio Review"

What do you like best?

We have been really satisfied with the customer service so far. Ivan has been really responsive and helpful to our company the whole time. We love the feedback we get from our employees on what they are liking about the dashboards, and how quick it is to display something they want to see.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that you have to pay for the extra theme options. It would be nice if there were more free themes than just black and white.

We have used Klipfolio as a way to be more transparent across our service teams and it has worked well. We have not really used it as a problem solving tool yet, more just as a full too to interact with our employees.

Klipfolio review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Klipfolio is an amazingly elegant solution to KPI dashboard creation"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is easy to integrate and authenticate with all of your data sources with little headache. It has a lot of really great out of the box functionality but also allows you to build custom logic and data manipulation if you want to.

I also really like working with Adam, who is the Ninja consultant that is helping me through the process of implementing this solution in my company.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I can say I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try the Ninja service. They will save you a lot of time and show you things you may not know about the product.

Real time business insights with integration into 4 or 5 of our critical business software tools to aggregate all our reporting in one place.

Klipfolio review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Great Tool for Bringing Data together With Powerful Visualizations"

What do you like best?

Overall, I like the flexibility and quality support of this solution the best. You can connect to any major data source, and Klipfolio is always there via chat, email or phone to help walk through difficult formulas or connect to a complex data source. They have powerful, (and easy to use) visualizations and most importantly, listen to and care about their customers. They are constantly improving their product, and actively encourage feedback and new feature requests. I also love how I can use their pre-built Klips and templates for quick (and visually appealing) reports.

What do you dislike?

Initially, there was quite a steep learning curve (however I started my Klipfolio journey over a year ago which they have since, improved their product to eliminate many of my early frustrations). Although they make many normally complex tasks and make them easy , there are a few tasks that are normally easy that I find are unnecessarily complex but given the alternative (which for me was excel/google sheets) it was nothing. I do think you need to make a commitment to continually learn to get the most value from Klipfolio as a solution. Although it is easy to get started, it does require a commitment to maintain the data and the dashboards if you are going to use them (which I hope you are) to make smarter decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the trial! Make sure you have the time to commit to learning it and making use of the trial. Don't hesitate to reach out to Klipfolio for help, they have countless (well documented, and helpful!) resources.

For us, it was more of a compatibility issue at first. I built dashboards in excel (not live, but ones I manually updated for him each week - with limited automation) , however, everyone was on Macs, and my dashboards were hard for the exec team to even read. Although Google sheets was a temporary solution for us, the visualizations were hard, inflexible, and time-consuming and coming from excel, the dashboard took a huge hit from a visual stand-point. Even though I was still reporting on the same numbers, no one could look at the dashboard anymore, it was ugly, and no one knew where to look and the story it was telling. We then went out looking for solutions. The next consideration was cost and Klipfolio won hands down in that department. It solved our visualization problems, and it solved the problem of accessibility (now everyone can not only view but also create their own dashboards!) Now although we are still very much in the early stages of our dashboard journey, we have everyone looking at their data , setting goals, asking questions, and making decisions, all with data that was always there, but never displayed in a meaningful enough way to act on.

Klipfolio review by Ivan Alekcei H.
Ivan Alekcei H.

"A great tool for a great visualization "

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is very intiutive and easy tool to use, it´s great because has a lot of features to extract the data and put it in the tool. The most important and gratificant experience is the custom service, because if you have any trouble it doesn´t matter if it is easy or hard, they would help you.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of complex features that i needed and they don´t have it yet. I know that they are working in this new features.

We are working in the data visualization for the different areas in the company. It fits perfect for the users in the company who view the dashboard for the facility to interact with it.

Klipfolio review by User

"The Best Dashboard builder out there with the best Support"

What do you like best?

I liked the interface, and the UI/ UX. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging. I like how Klipfolio gives you to set Dynamic variables(Fetch to Data sources Queries)

What do you dislike?

I would like if you can provide more functionality and help with using HTML Components + Populating Data. I would love if you can let users use custom images in the Indicator Logics ( Instead only using available Icons / If the user can use custom GIF/JPEG/PNG )

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tried several other products before switching to klipfolio and I can say its hard to find another product that would be better for new and advanced users with much flexibility.

Great tutorials and the best is Great Support. Klipfolio Team is available round the clock on support tickets, live chats and that is the one of best feature.

We are tracking our Live server statistics real-time. We also track our marketing campaigns and we use to monitor our ticket system on dashboards. We still have ideas to develop new dashboards which help our business performance.

Klipfolio review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Extremely helpful and intuitive way to give a snapshot of your company"

What do you like best?

We used it to make dashboards that include data sources from Salesforce, Quickbooks, Google Ads, and social media. Our original intent was to simply display a Salesforce dashboard on a TV in the sales floor. After getting quotes for many thousands of dollars for custom, non-editable dashboards - I found Klipfolio. Saved us a ton of money and allows us to see a live view of all parts of the business.

What do you dislike?

Setup was a bit challenging, but once we got the dashboards setup how we wanted... we let it do it's thing.

Executive dashboard summary with sales/accounting/marketing all in one spot. We also use it on a dedicated TV for the sales team to see their performance. Helps keep the sales guys motivated!

Klipfolio review by Fabiola F.
Fabiola F.

"Tool good but Customer Support Amazing! "

What do you like best?

The tool is very functional and intuitive. Of course, like all business dashboard tools, you have to learn how to use it and how to show data, because each data is different as well as the needs of everyone. Klipfolio has all the tools necessary to learn and overcome obstacles (video courses, knowledge base, forum, and customer support). I must say that I've never seen such efficient Customer Support as Klipfolio has. They have helped me many times, always solving my problems or doubts. Above all Ivan is the best! I'm really satisfied with the product and the service!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data take some time to load.

Klipfolio helps me to have a detailed view of my business by creating charts and tables connected directly to my database. Therefore I can have an immediate and complete vision of how my business is going on.

Klipfolio review by Oscar R.
Oscar R.

"Its exactly what i was looking for authomatizing analytics reports in an easy way with all freedom "

What do you like best?

Klipfolio tool has a big potential reach that you can get with all the freedom to make a dreaming dashboard wich will be authomaical completed because of what you connect or sync on it. All things are well documented with exercises and videos. The support is excellent

What do you dislike?

:) the only problem i found is that i just hear about this tool recently 3 months ago, but i was looking for something like this for 5 years. I were trying many tools and anyone has this kind of reach for the final results

The publicy need to expand in all the world

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to spent less time making reports and spent time on analyse the information to take critical decsions, consider klipfolio as your main ally.

With this tool i can see in the future how our business can highly grow making all reports very quickly and focusing on the important information for critical decisions. We will spent less time with this tool

Klipfolio review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"Viz tool for Postgre database with no-time set-up"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is dynamic and you can start building your visualization in almost no-time. I was looking for a solution for our business overview dashboards, which is affordable and give us possibility to start building our dashboards as soon as possible. We needed cloud/online solution without instalation, which has Postgre database integration - that's we have got with Klipfolio.

One more feature to mention - it's pretty good, that you have plenty of pre-built visualization and dashboards (you would appreaciate that, especially if you are online marketing agency, or building dasgboards for your online business using Google Analytics, Facebook, Facebook Ads or other data sources)

What do you dislike?

My main problem was with Klipfolio date filters. I have been struggling with them for a while, but than guys at Klipfolio help me out during our onboarding call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Tableau and QlikView before - these are great tools, maybe more BI and more detailed functions than Klipfolio. On the other hand - using Klipfolio is easy (even non-technical users can use it), you can use it on Windows or Mac, it has many integrations and pre-built visualization, and the most important - it's really affordable tool even if you are small start-up/ marketing agency.

As I mentioned at first paragraph - we are building our business overview dashboards. Basically dashboards for CEO and whole team how are business is doing in terms of KPI which we choose and measure over the time. Benefits - quck way from start to first viz, affordable and many pre-bult viz and dasboards are main benefits which we really appreciate!

Klipfolio review by Oscar C.
Oscar C.

"Great tool for visualizing my SQL reports."

What do you like best?

It's great to show in a graphic way all the raw data that i pull from our data base,

saves me a lot of time, and it's intuitive enough for management.

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to pull the reports other than PNG, PDF which often times doesn't look good,

The site is not responsible in multiple resolutions often times i have to create 2 versions of one dashboard one big and one small......

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop focusing in new integrations, and focus in the UX and UI

Day to day KPI that use to take days to gather...this has helped management to take better and faster actions.

Klipfolio review by Consultant

"A lot of options and great support"

What do you like best?

So I started building a reporting tool for my buisness, when I created my first dashboard there was that thing in my mind that i won't get any help trully understanding the platform. I got a free 1 on 1 video call and 14 days free ,so my journey began! To give you and understanding of how often i contact their support (for questions not bugs) I got to know them and now remember them by their first name , that proves that they will always be there. After all they do trully offer a great product that will help you succeed

What do you dislike?

I started a path with a lot of doubt but they managed to overcome everything with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well you can always give it a try with the 14 day full feature trial , and you won't be disapointed!

Contract base reporting

Klipfolio review by Gisela D.
Gisela D.

"Great so far!"

What do you like best?

Great dashboards, great customer service, and a lot of materials online to learn. The dashboards offer white and black themes but for the premium users they also offer CSV which can allow users to modify more bits within the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve of the tool. You need to completely change your mindset, but once you do it's great! Sometimes it is difficult to find which functions you should use regarding to date/time, which in my opinion they are quite tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth giving a shot and be patient with learning the tool. It is worth it at the end and it is more flexible than other data visualization tools.

Reporting, data visualization, data QA Health. We are using it as a great way to share data internally as well a externally with clients.

Klipfolio review by Ole Martin K.
Ole Martin K.

"Awesome and easy available custom dashboard solution"

What do you like best?

There's quite a few thing I want to highlight:

* All the available integrations with third-party available

* The library of already made Klips you can add to your dashboard with a click

* The advanced engine to build your own Klips

* Security: In this time where safety issues are on everyone's mouth, you have multiple options for increasing security, like IP Range Restriction, user lockout, password strength settings++

* The support and follow-up: The people behind Klipfolio are really helpful and even send you a personal welcome on board message with one-to-one communication to get you up and running.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have much to do with the service, but more a user issue; building Klips from scratch demands a bit integration knowledge with the use of API's. If I sit down and really focus, I'm sure I will get it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for a trial, build and add Klips and I'm quite sure you will get satisfied. Having all those major services and Klips available makes it easy to get started.

We're showing of our Inbound marketing and sales numbers and KPI's internally on a big TV screen. It is always available and you're able to see those key metrics instantly - whether it is a need of optimizing or changing something, or put the metal to the pedal to boost some numbers.

Klipfolio review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"What a time saver"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution to feed data from my central offices for our field officed located hundreds of miles apart. Data needs to be brought in from different sources and then combined and parsed and then represented graphically. This software does all of that and a whole lot more.

I am able to grab data from a series of sheets in Dropbox while at the same time grab live data from sheets in Google drive and have these work together. The Klipfolio Software allows me to not only grab from two places but have the data interact, change to graphs and even work with various sorts. This allows the people who sell in my company better understand where they stand in terms of the work flow and sales.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of a thing bad to say about this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to know what you want out of this going in. But if you do, it is easy to set up and the support team makes it easy to customize it to the way you need it. I also like the fact that it has an email option so managers can see what will be on the boards before they get to them. The fact that each also has web links makes it easy for me to use this with signage products.

I am able to communicate with employees everywhere in the organization. For the people on the street, they can see if they are meeting or exceeding KPIs. It also allows them to see who is the best and why based upon different criteria.

Klipfolio review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Great for tracking KPI's and visualizing data across data sources"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to mash up multiple data sources and the pre-built connectors available to make the integration smooth. It always impresses clients when they come in and see real-time data on our TVs in the office and it helps us as a team keep track of KPI's and outliers/exception reporting.

What do you dislike?

The formula builder takes a little getting used to and definitely requires some experience and technical acumen. Often the email snapshots cut off some of the reports which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure someone is the owner with some technical acumen - experience in Excel, Tableau, SQL will help. We recommend linking it up to in-office TVs to promote a data-driven culture.

Joining all of our data sources into one problem to track across social media, google analytics, and salesforce data. Keeps the entire team focused on a few KPI's and helps us react to our data more quickly to fix potential issues. It's also helped with sales to show off the dashboards.

Klipfolio review by Administrator

"Great visualizations, awesome support!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the support team's efforts in helping with issues and explaining the logic behind their solution. It has helped me learn how to make effective dashboards instead of simply copy/pasting formulas.

What do you dislike?

While the chat and phone support are perfect, I find email issues kind of get buried, especially support tickets. Thankfully, there's always someone in chat to help me find a quick fix. Also, clocks and leader boards. Where are the pre-built clock Klips and leader-boards? I'm dying for a real-time updating clock with different time zones and a simple leader board klip.

We are a startup with a small team and in our environment, reporting kind of gets left out on the priority list. With real-time data visualizations our team can easily find and asses our performance for current and past months. It helps us focus on the things that matter while being able to quickly glance at the stats.

Klipfolio review by John L.
John L.

"KlipFolio truly makes data and business analytics visualization and sharing a breeze."

What do you like best?

KlipFolio's ability to easily connect very diverse data (Excel files, analytics, etc) and make the process of turning it into visually appealing and shareable dashboards at a reasonable price was exactly what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

Very little to say here... it really did hit all my primary requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - the ability to demo the product completely and really see how fast you can make your dashboard(s)/Klips should convince you of the products value.

We started by implementing visual dashboards of many complex internal business and product data, then added in QC and QA dashboards, followed by great dashboards on sales and analytics.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best data visualization tool in the market"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the data sources and the quickness of customer support. Theses guys developed a truly amazing product, it fits all of our needs, and I'm sure it will fit yours too!

Shout out to Amir from CS, he's amazing and did a great job with the question I had.

What do you dislike?

DIdn't find anything I didn't like so far, thats absolutely insane! In a time where products are made to be selled as services Klipfolio is a fresh sight amognst a pletora of tools that only seem to want your money and don't care about the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to get into this platform, it will blow your mind.

Basically everything related to our clients dashboards go through Klipfolio today, even our internal one too. This plataform is amazing and the team behind it is even more so.

Klipfolio review by Consultant

"Great visualization tool!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and connect to multiple data sources. Support team is very responsive to help you through those times when something doesn't quite work as intended. I especially like the ability to connect with Salesforce so that we can share data to non-Salesforce users.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a "freeze pane" capability when extracting data from large Excel files

I use Klipfolio in 3 businesses and it enables the visual display of key data directly to those who need it. It is very cost effective, fairly easy to use and enables data from many sources to be brought into one place. The ability to bring in Salesforce data via reports or through the ability to query directly to the Salesforce object is extremely powerful. Its quite amazing how so many people are in awe of what can be created - if only they knew how easy it was!

Klipfolio review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"The Leader in Reporting Software"

What do you like best?

It's compatible with nearly every platform and data source, one way or the other. It is great for pulling together several diverse data points and getting them into a executive dashboard for simple analysis and overview.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve if it's you're first time, but there are several different resources available for training. But worth the cost savings as using the Klipfolio devs to do this can be very expensive. There are also some common platforms, such as Marketo that don't have integrations yet and require API connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a strong case to choose such a powerful tool. It can require significant resources and there are often more simple solutions that would fit many situations. However, if you do have a larger organization that has a number of data points that need to be monitored closely, Klipfolio is one of the best available.

Having several different web properties, KPIs, and business goals, Klipfolio is one of the only tools that allows us to put these in a high level format for our executive team. Having digital metrics, seminar attendance data, revenue and even internal data, automated, in one place, saves a ton of time across nearly every major team in our organization.

Klipfolio review by Jose Antonio J.
Jose Antonio J.

"My klipfolio experience"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Klipfolio makes it easy, fast and simple to connect multiple datasources to your klips. So you just have to focus your time on your organization's KPI's, instead of the way to get them.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if they had a debugger console, or something like that, in order to monitor the variables that are used on our dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recomended

A lot. Before klipfolio, we used to create our client's reports using slides on Powerpoint or Keynote and we took the data manually from external files. But now, our clients receive all this data via klipfolio dashboards that are updated automatically from Google sheets. We achieve this in a month and a week, and our clients are very happy with this neew cool way.

Klipfolio review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Dashboards"

What do you like best?

The users ability to customize even the smallest details in the programming/coding of the dashboard. The ability to make certain parts of the dashboard only visible to certain staff members. The iPhone App is great for our staff to be able to access real time data. The integrations with Google Analytics, Facebook, and many other software suites is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of development can make it a little bit difficult to train on others on how to develop the dashboard. It does not have a direct integration with Church Community Builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into how specific/particular your needs are. If you work in a large industry with clearly defined KPI's and software then it is most likely that many dashboards would suffice your needs.

However, if you need to build custom KPI's and goals that are not clearly defined elsewhere then Klipfolio's customization would certainly be what you need.

We needed a way to compare our current performance to last year's performance. Furthermore, we needed a way to customize our performance (at what point do we go from minimal business growth to excellent business growth?) Being able to set those goals and standards ourselves within the dashboard has been great. The dashboard has been very customizable to our goals and KPI's.

Klipfolio review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Weekly Klipfolio user. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add dashboards, add Klips and KPI trackers, and how it gives my whole team visibility into company numbers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how they do not have an "easy" plug-in for every software, however it seems as if they add more and more quite often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use especially if trying to get more out of your Google Analytics experience. Also great to give your team additional visibility into high-level company numbers.

It's giving my team visibility into numbers across the company they wouldn't otherwise see.

Klipfolio review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Top notch marketing reporting"

What do you like best?

The new beta product has potential particularly for Marketo, Google Analytics, and Facebook Ads metrics. As a consultant, being able to provide my clients with great reporting is a key differentiator.

What do you dislike?

The platform is complex and requires a lot of learning. The tricky part is that you need knowledge of APIs to extract data into the Klipfolio system. The new beta makes it a lot easier to transform the raw data into visualizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a lighter investment than a BI tool but you will still need to spend time setting things up.

I'm a marketing consultant providing my clients with reporting. The benefit is the ability to position yourself as a reporting/analytics expert, and to give your clients with unfettered access to interactive reports.

Klipfolio review by Natalia B.
Natalia B.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

Klipfolio's support system is the best I have ever seen. There's always someone online to help you and if they can't help you with something harder to solve they open a ticket that is usually replied within a few hours.

What do you dislike?

There are still some API and layout limitations.

I'm building a dashboard to measure the indicators of the sales team and the progress of the company I work for. The dashboards helped the management team to see the results and take actions based on them.

Klipfolio review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Kevin"

What do you like best?

I like the stats that are given. It is very easy to find the number of calls done, calculate commissions etc. It also makes it a great tool to compete with the team.

What do you dislike?

There is often a decent delay in getting the data when working out of Sales Force. In addition, there have been a number of times where there is an error causing this delay.

tracking stats. This has been a great central source to see all that is happening.

Klipfolio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Management Consulting
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Management Consulting

"Klipfolio Fully Reccomended"

What do you like best?

What i liked the most about Klipfolio at the start was the huge amount of data connectors available to us at the start. the ease with which you can build and customize your dashboards is truely impressive and easy to learn. On top of all that, any shortcoming i have found with this tool, or any issue i have faced has always been quickly addressed by the team of "ninjas" that are working hard behind the scenes, or developers who have patched issues that i have reported on within weeks.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionalities for managing clients and their sub accounts were not fully developed but more is being done to address this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get engaged in the community and you'll start reaping the rewards

Being able to offer our clients reporting through a modern digital format is completely changing the image of our company and the internal efficiency impact and share of data within teams has been dramatically improved, saving the company money, and delivering a more professional and powerful service to our clients.

Klipfolio review by Yves F.
Yves F.

"Great tool for Dashboarding & Datavis"

What do you like best?

It's my swiss knife on different data and api. Let's me tell a story behind the data. Merge a load of different data sources and align dates and different inputs (CSV, JSON,...) for a non techy.

What do you dislike?

It has repetitive tasks for formatting output, an outdated grid system and limited formatting possibilities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learning curve can be quite steep, but it's worth it. Regular upgrades aimed at novice users, great chat support.

Connecting the whole online customer journey & digital marketing across different tools (& data).

Klipfolio review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"The best tool for dashboards?"

What do you like best?

I like the estitics of the graphics and layout. Nice and clear. Even when building from scratch the tempaltes etc. ensures nice looking dashboards.

What do you dislike?

It lacks connectors to our CRM and Quote software. I need to pull data to an Excel sheet first and then work on that, A minor detail though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that the connectrors available fits your legacy system - or prepare to spend some time setting up your own. It is not difficult!

It mske it easy for the whole team to be updated on KPI's. That allows us to have an ongoing conversation and thus focus on the right things.

Klipfolio review by Parma G.
Parma G.

"Business Insights"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and deploy the technology with key business insights. I also enjoy the support I receive on each interaction with the Klipfolio team and walk away more knowledgeable on each interaction.

What do you dislike?

There is no white label mobile option. I would like to see more background templates built in as part of the background setup in the dashboard as well as allowing user to upload a specific template without CSS.

Sales and marketing performance indicators

Financial Metrics

Klipfolio review by Blake D.
Blake D.

"Amazing capabilities at a great price point"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate with many different systems and different formats (CSV, JSON/web services, SQL, etc). Pre-built connectors to common platforms are great. The actual visual aesthetic of the platform is pleasing to the eye. The mobile support is coming along pretty well. The support and success organizations are great to work with!

What do you dislike?

Performance can be a little bit dodgy at time, though in the 3 months that we've had the platform it seems to be getting more reliable. The formula editor can take some getting used to - it's not as simple as writing Excel pivots! That said, there are good cookbooks available on their website that can guide you through most scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your trial, ensure that you're able to produce a good sampling of different dashboards using your preexisting data sources. You may need to find ways to re-work or transform your source data to ensure that it's able to be presented correctly in Klipfolio.

We use Klipfolio across a broad swath of our business - product development, sales, and support and services. Since we've implemented a number of systems which are able to talk using modern REST web services, it's been easy to pull data into Klipfolio and get a holistic view of the business.

It's easy to know whether we're on- or off-track at a glance and performance discussions with my staff have become very easy - just look at the monitor and figure out if everything is going well or not!

Klipfolio review by User

"Data when you need it and how you need it"

What do you like best?

Whenever I want to know how I stand, Billing Approx is where I go to, I never had this option before and for a sales rep it's important to know how things are going and what they will probably look in the end.

What do you dislike?

It takes for ages to download... Maybe because of my internet speed... Anyway, that and the fact that we always have the amounts in euros are what I dislike the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to move between each klip and find the sales information you need.

It allows me to review data from my partners billing and consumption and this way I may easily answer a partner's or my manager's enquiry.

Klipfolio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Klipfolio Saves me hours every week!"

What do you like best?

How customizable the components can be. Most services force you to only use their predefined elements, but Klipfolio gives you nearly full control over how things look and data is calculated. If predefined elements are your cup of tea, however, they have plenty of those too!

In short, Klipfolio has made so I can customize reporting to 10+ accounts and we no longer have to create a multitude of monthly reports. I used to dedicate many days and manpower to getting all clients reporting at the beginning of the month. However, the dashboards we created in Klipfolio replace ALL of that.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be slow to load. However, my dashboards have a lot of visualizations so it makes sense load times would take awhile.

The learning curve of advanced features can be steep, but after diving into some of the resources they provide, it can become second nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get good value for this product. The learning curve CAN be steep if you like to customize everything. If the predefined options are good for you, they can get started really quick. There are a lot of learning resources such as blogs, videos, and a new class. I have new team members use these and they are incredibly helpful.

Monthly reporting for all of our clients! I save a lot of hours and manpower every month by having all my monthly reporting in dashboards. Now we just have monthly calls to review our findings and our clients can enter the dashboard at any time.

Learn more about Klipfolio

Klipfolio Videos

Learning about Klipfolio?

* We monitor all Klipfolio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(109 reviews)