Klipfolio

Showing 62 Klipfolio reviews
Klipfolio review by <span>Scott B.</span>
Scott B.

Great Resource for Dashboards

What do you like best?

The whole package-ability to customize, wide range of tools, and ease of use

What do you dislike?

The datasource part is tricky. We had to get outside help. Unless you know code, you will need some help interacting with some datasources. (ours is Podio, whose API limits you to 1000 records, so we had to use a "dynamic" source thru JSON. Since I really dont understand all this, it took us some time to figure this all out and had to have outside programming help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to get some help setting everything help, unless you have simple needs and small amounts of data. If you have lots of data and require some complex aggretations of the data, you will probably need some programming help getting everything set up--which Klipfolio will provide for a fee, or you can go outside for help (there are several people on Upwork who consult in Klipfolio).

Great dashboards. We can now see our data from our CRM (Podio) in multiple ways and charts/graphs. Biggest benefit is ability to toggle the charts by date ranges. Analysis of statistics requires the ability to aggregate the data in different ways. Once all set up, Klipfolio lets you do this quickly and in different visually graphic ways.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Klipfolio
Klipfolio review by <span>Brian O.</span>
Brian O.

Clear performance visualizations from any data source

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of how clearly Klipfolio klips can communicate performance data in one dashboard, even though the data performance data may come from multiple systems and sources. The quality of the visualizations is impressive and being able to choose the which KPIs to present helps us keep our clients focused on the ones that matter.

What do you dislike?

Some date sort options are challenging to implement on your own but with Klipfolio's support team we've been able to overcome this to let clients choose their preferred performance period with a simple drop down menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The visuals are so attractive you'll be tempted to use more than you need to convey performance data. Resist that urge and present just the actionable KPIs in the most attractive way possible.

The biggest problem we solve is keeping everyone who needs to know about performance fully informed in an on-demand fashion. Instead of waiting for a cryptic weekly or monthly report, clients typically have a big screen on the wall of their office that shows their performance in real time. Now when the phone rings, it's not a request for data, but a question or suggestion on what to do about the data.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Klipfolio review by <span>Andris Z.</span>
Andris Z.

Powerful, Customizable Product

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with common data sources, and flexible enough to also accept more complex sources. Really great visualizations, and just the right amount of customization offered for most scenarios. I liked the interface, and the UI/UX improved significantly over the past two years. Also absolutely love the feature that allowed you to preview what parts of a function did - great for debugging.

What do you dislike?

I would really REALLY have loved some data processing capabilities withing the suite. That is, I pull in dataset A, perform functions on it to create a dataset B, and then dataset B can be used throughout. Even better would be the ability to use SQL. There were some syntax/scripting quirks that I always found really strange, and I'm sure the developers would have a good explanation (so many 'slices' everywhere!), but after getting used to them, it was okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hard to find another product that would be better that sits in the space of being friendly to both relatively amateur and advanced users with this much flexibility, and really great visualizations.

Mainly used it to track key metrics and KPI's for our business, and make them easily accessible to the leadership team. Could create new dashboards without help from development team.

Klipfolio review by <span>Lisa T.</span>
Lisa T.

Great Tool for Bringing Data together With Powerful Visualizations

What do you like best?

Overall, I like the flexibility and quality support of this solution the best. You can connect to any major data source, and Klipfolio is always there via chat, email or phone to help walk through difficult formulas or connect to a complex data source. They have powerful, (and easy to use) visualizations and most importantly, listen to and care about their customers. They are constantly improving their product, and actively encourage feedback and new feature requests. I also love how I can use their pre-built Klips and templates for quick (and visually appealing) reports.

What do you dislike?

Initially, there was quite a steep learning curve (however I started my Klipfolio journey over a year ago which they have since, improved their product to eliminate many of my early frustrations). Although they make many normally complex tasks and make them easy , there are a few tasks that are normally easy that I find are unnecessarily complex but given the alternative (which for me was excel/google sheets) it was nothing. I do think you need to make a commitment to continually learn to get the most value from Klipfolio as a solution. Although it is easy to get started, it does require a commitment to maintain the data and the dashboards if you are going to use them (which I hope you are) to make smarter decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the trial! Make sure you have the time to commit to learning it and making use of the trial. Don't hesitate to reach out to Klipfolio for help, they have countless (well documented, and helpful!) resources.

For us, it was more of a compatibility issue at first. I built dashboards in excel (not live, but ones I manually updated for him each week - with limited automation) , however, everyone was on Macs, and my dashboards were hard for the exec team to even read. Although Google sheets was a temporary solution for us, the visualizations were hard, inflexible, and time-consuming and coming from excel, the dashboard took a huge hit from a visual stand-point. Even though I was still reporting on the same numbers, no one could look at the dashboard anymore, it was ugly, and no one knew where to look and the story it was telling. We then went out looking for solutions. The next consideration was cost and Klipfolio won hands down in that department. It solved our visualization problems, and it solved the problem of accessibility (now everyone can not only view but also create their own dashboards!) Now although we are still very much in the early stages of our dashboard journey, we have everyone looking at their data , setting goals, asking questions, and making decisions, all with data that was always there, but never displayed in a meaningful enough way to act on.

Klipfolio review by <span>Oscar R.</span>
Oscar R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Its exactly what i was looking for authomatizing analytics reports in an easy way with all freedom

What do you like best?

Klipfolio tool has a big potential reach that you can get with all the freedom to make a dreaming dashboard wich will be authomaical completed because of what you connect or sync on it. All things are well documented with exercises and videos. The support is excellent

What do you dislike?

:) the only problem i found is that i just hear about this tool recently 3 months ago, but i was looking for something like this for 5 years. I were trying many tools and anyone has this kind of reach for the final results

The publicy need to expand in all the world

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to spent less time making reports and spent time on analyse the information to take critical decsions, consider klipfolio as your main ally.

With this tool i can see in the future how our business can highly grow making all reports very quickly and focusing on the important information for critical decisions. We will spent less time with this tool

Klipfolio review by <span>Martin M.</span>
Martin M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Viz tool for Postgre database with no-time set-up

What do you like best?

Klipfolio is dynamic and you can start building your visualization in almost no-time. I was looking for a solution for our business overview dashboards, which is affordable and give us possibility to start building our dashboards as soon as possible. We needed cloud/online solution without instalation, which has Postgre database integration - that's we have got with Klipfolio.

One more feature to mention - it's pretty good, that you have plenty of pre-built visualization and dashboards (you would appreaciate that, especially if you are online marketing agency, or building dasgboards for your online business using Google Analytics, Facebook, Facebook Ads or other data sources)

What do you dislike?

My main problem was with Klipfolio date filters. I have been struggling with them for a while, but than guys at Klipfolio help me out during our onboarding call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Tableau and QlikView before - these are great tools, maybe more BI and more detailed functions than Klipfolio. On the other hand - using Klipfolio is easy (even non-technical users can use it), you can use it on Windows or Mac, it has many integrations and pre-built visualization, and the most important - it's really affordable tool even if you are small start-up/ marketing agency.

As I mentioned at first paragraph - we are building our business overview dashboards. Basically dashboards for CEO and whole team how are business is doing in terms of KPI which we choose and measure over the time. Benefits - quck way from start to first viz, affordable and many pre-bult viz and dasboards are main benefits which we really appreciate!

Learn more about Klipfolio

Klipfolio Videos

Learning about Klipfolio?

* We monitor all Klipfolio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.