Klout

Klout is the Standard for Influence. Join Klout to discover your influence and compare with others you may know.

Work for Klout?

Learning about Klout?

Klout Reviews

Showing 34 Klout reviews
Klout review by <span>Heather M.</span>
Heather M.

Provides useful insight for social media

What do you like best?

Klout is particularly useful for brands and individuals who want to ensure that they're on track with the content they're sharing on social media. I like that it shows you what subject matter/areas of expertise you are an "expert" in because you can use that to validate that you're on the right track in terms of building your brand around the things that are most important to you. It's also nice to see what "influencers" you might want to follow and build relationships with.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, Klout can be somewhat buggy at times...I also feel that the "Klout Score" is a bit arbitrary. To me it's more of a vanity metric than anything. Another annoyance is that Klout doesn't support LinkedIn Company pages, so if you're managing social for a brand (especially B2B) you may encounter some frustration there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As stated before, Klout doesn't support LinkedIn Company pages, so it's not your best bet if you're trying to manage a B2B brand's social presence.

We needed a centralized way to look at social media and monitor any changes over time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Klout
Klout review by <span>Matthew G.</span>
Matthew G.
What do you like best?

Klout lets me know how my posts are doing in one simple to follow place. I can use business or personal accounts. For personal score if I get high enough they identify me as an influencer and I sometimes get gifts/trials/coupons for brands - this, I like.

What do you dislike?

I'm fairly active and followed on social media but I never get good giveaways. The best I've gotten is a couple cans of cider and some neutrogena, maybe Canada gets a bad deal. Either way, on the receiving end these didn't influence much in me. I tweeted about the cider because I didn't know you could maill it. Long story short, I'm not sure if Klout advertising leads to sales and I don't know if they can prove that either way.

On the business side I've seen our scores but facebook, twitter, etc. own that advertising pipe and have really gotten into giving me in-depth analytics on each of my posts and how they are doing. Instead of giving away free product I can just pay to advertise/promote posts on those platforms for way less money.

I think Klout sees this trend and is trying to add new, confusing features to stay relevant. I haven't tried them, they want me to use them, but I'd just stay away from it as a brand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's going to get acqui-hired or shut down in the next few. Don't hinge an advertising strategy on it and don't sign up looking for good 'perks'.

Advertising, potentially. Not used for that because I don't believe in the method and I want full circle ad tracking.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Klout review by <span>Stuart F.</span>
Stuart F.

Leader in a Growing Category

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Klout allows you to readily identify (in a rudimentary manner) influencers around brands and interests. It's great for finding consumers who are talking about (and have influence) around your product/brand. It's a great tool for PR and social media teams who are looking to find and reach out to influencers.

What do you dislike?

Still rudimentary. I like a lot of the features that Klout offers and their approach to building out "influencer/loyalty" programs is admirable (and the only real viable option on the market) but it doesn't offer as many detailed insights as you might want for that program (but if you want more of those type of insights you'll have to pay a lot more).

If you're looking to build out a campaign based loyalty marketing solution for social Klout is a tool you should consider using.

Klout review by <span>Thomas J. C.</span>
Thomas J. C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Klout is a really easy-to-use way to not only track your influence across multiple social media sites, but it also has some limited ability to help you generate content as well. I like how I can give it a host of different topics that I am interested in and it makes suggestions from across the web of stories I might be interested in. Right from that same screen I can choose to share that info with different services, but I can also schedule items to post later.

What do you dislike?

The integration is somewhat limited. For example, my biggest network in terms of connections is by far LinkedIn, however Klout only updates this information once per month. Also, it's difficult to know exactly what goes into one's Klout Score which gives a numerical representation of your online influence. It breaks down your score percentage-wise to say which sites contribute the most, but beyond that it's kinda fuzzy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because this a free service, I would highly recommend social media users give Klout a chance. It's a good one-stop-shop to deliver timely content to your followers on a number of social media networks. However, from what I've read there are many paid services that provide a lot more functionality in comparison.

It's a great place to get suggested content to share with my followers and the fact that it can make suggestions & schedule the content is a great plus.

Klout review by <span>Tejasvi D.</span>
Tejasvi D.
What do you like best?

Good platform that consolidates all my social media in one place. Can schedule tweets from within the interface.

What do you dislike?

Score update is highly unreliable and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect fast real-time updates to your score.

Fictitious business problems for a class I take in Grad school.

Klout review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

Klout has an uncanny ability to keep reinventing itself. First it was a vanity tool to measure a user's social influence; then it turned into a more robust platform. Now it's a content discovery tool, a social media management/post scheduling tool and more.

Still, if you're using Klout to measure the social "clout" of PR contacts and other influencers, use this in combination with another tool.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes clunky, and the integration isn't quite there for up and coming social networks. Established ones like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and G+ are represented, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this in conjunction with other tools.

I've used Klout in different capacities for both personal and professional reasons. With the personal, it's about vanity. For professional, it's influencer and content discovery.

Learning about Klout?

* We monitor all Klout reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.