KnowBe4

KnowBe4

KnowBe4 is a popular integrated platform for new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering through a comprehensive new-school awareness training approach. Organizations leverage KnowBe4 to enable their employees to make smarter security decisions and create a human firewall as an effective last line of defense.

Work for KnowBe4?

Learning about KnowBe4?

KnowBe4 Reviews

Ask KnowBe4 a Question
Showing 151 KnowBe4 reviews
KnowBe4 review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"KnowBe4 Jump Started Awareness Training "

What do you like best?

There is a rich set of education and audit modules that is continuously being updated. Dashboards make it easy to see compliance across education and user auditing. Most of all, our users like it.

What do you dislike?

The solution is easy to use, robust and continuously being updated and enhanced - There is nothing of any significance that we don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We selected KnopwBe4 after a thorough research of the market and talking to industry peers. KnowBe4 is very progressive and aggressively updating their solution and adding value. The continue to monitor the market and anticipate our needs.

Highly recommended!

We needed put in place a process to continuously improve our security posture overall with ongoing end-user awareness and education being a strong part of that plan.

KnowBe4 helped address the user component challenge by providing pre-built education topics we provide our users quarterly and auditing tools ("internal phishing campaigns") to see how well the lessons stick monthly. KnowBe4 tracks progress compliance for the former to ensure people are attending and tells us how people do with the latter to allow us to focus re-training efforts effectively.

After a year with KnowBe4, our "vulnerability scores" are less than half of our industries average. Our users tell us that the education is informative, relevant and appreciated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about KnowBe4
KnowBe4 review by William K.
William K.

"Just in time"

What do you like best?

Working for a local government it is hard to get people to understand the human firewall aspect of security. With a few governement entities getting hit with Ransomware (just read the news) we decided to get proactive and get people in the habit of not clicking everything in the world.

The best thing about know before is the sheer amount of content available for testing your human firewall as well as the training materials. Its not just about phishing as they go into some detail that a normal user can understand on the how it is done.

What do you dislike?

There is currently nothing I dislike. If I had to pick one thing I would ask for more options in the Vishing campaigns.

People would fall for some of the most basic scams causing the IT department to come clean up. The user isn't really to blame as I would say it was just lack of knowledge. The benefits are the users are paying attention to what they are doing now and sometimes we can have a discussion without the blank stares.

What Security Awareness Training solution do you use?

KnowBe4 review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"A game changer"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 allows you to identify your employees that are most likely to click potentially malicious links, open dangerous attachments, or even give away sensitive information. You can then target those employees with security awareness training and track their progress over time. This "test and train" tool can literally change the culture of a workplace and teach employees to be more skeptical.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be tough to get the initial whitelisting setup. Luckily the KnowBe4 help desk is very helpful and friendly and can ensure that this setup step is an painless as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate another second - the hackers certainly are not waiting around to strike! Get this at your company ASAP and start reaping the benefits from a trained, skeptical workforce.

We use KnowBe4 phishing results to explain the importance of implementing multi-factor authentication. It changes the conversation from a theoretical "what if" scenario to one of exact numbers of email users that clicked links and gave away network credentials. It also makes it easier to get IT budget if you can show the kinds of damage the simulated emails could have caused.

KnowBe4 review by Christian V.
Christian V.

"Complete, easy-to-use awareness solution"

What do you like best?

Features! The platform integrates results of phishing tests and training in an easy to use interface. It's easy to create phishing and training campaigns, and sort through our results. A huge advantage of the platform is the extensiveness of the training material that is available. Always getting great service from our assigned rep. What we also wanted was a solution that was available in Europe, which was a big plus for us. The ability to track training progress is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

We ran into a few quirks in the interface, with minor issues in some templates. Nothing that would be a showstopper. Unavailability of translations for material in some languages is somehow of an issue, as it i mandatory for us to make the material available in all our official languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We picked KnowBe4 after a thorough review of what was out there. If you are going to pick a product, think of how integrated and mature you want it to be. Enquire about number of phishing templates available, number of landing pages available, number and list of training modules included in your package, reporting quality, ease of integration.

Reduce phish prone rate from over 20% to less than 2% in less than 6 months.

Meet regulatory and contractual compliance issues

KnowBe4 review by Willy S.
Willy S.

"Found KnowBe4 at a recent Spiceworld convention and they have a great platform."

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 has a very intuitive user interface. Great support staff that walk you through each step. My users thought the training content was highly informative and very well produced. I feel my users are getting best in class security awareness training that is so important to organizations in these times. I would highly recommend them to all organizations to improve their teams ability to keep the organization secure. This training also helps staff with their personal email and internet interactions as well.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about KnowBe4!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend they try the free phishing test that KnowBe4 offers so they can see how many of their staff are prone to phishing attempts.

We are using KnowBe4 to train our staff about internet security awareness. We were recently subjected to a CEO spear phishing attempt that was blocked by a very attentive accounting member. This led our foundation to investigate methods to improve our internet security awareness. My users are now using the Phish Alert to send me phishing attempts and learning from the excellent training content available from KnowBe4.

KnowBe4 review by Brent W.
Brent W.

"Quality phishing testing and training"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 is not a totally unique company but provides a quality product at a price that seems much more reasonable than the alternatives out there. I did look at the alternatives and got price quotes from all of them and they were all quite a bit more costly than KnowBe4.

Setup is simple and can be pretty minimal, including your users email address, but the more information you add for your users, the better the testing will be.

Administration is simple and you can even trail their interface by sending a test email out to all of your users.

The sales team was very helpful in getting us setup and allowing us to try out some of their features which ended up showing us how much we needed the product.

What do you dislike?

The setup of some of the more advanced features can be a little laborious but it isn't difficult, it just takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with one of the product salespeople and they will help you with everything that you need to know. There are quite a few options for the end user, so make sure you know what you need and they will help tailor a solution for you.

You will need to keep on top of the periodic phishing test to get the most out of this product.

Our company needed a way to train its users and prevent phishing. We have seen a large decrease in this area, and the monthly testing helps keep our users on top of the subject.

KnowBe4 review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"KnowBe4 is a Great Company for Small to Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the frequency of updates - it makes the job of a Security Admin easier to do, because it allows me to focus on other things, and tweak their offerings to our business model. Over all, this seems to be a good first step for us, and I'd recommend people looking to have something in place that don't have the time to touch things daily, to look into getting on with these guys. If you're like me, you'll be glad you did.

What do you dislike?

Not much - I like the format and the offerings are great. They update regularly.

Maybe...if I had to say something, free, inclusive tickets to KnowBe4 events to meet the team and talk with them directly? To do more hands on training either at a convention or onsite, would be very beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try - they have a lot of free services. Trust me, it's easy and makes your job so much less complicated.

We are solving an entire need for not just training our users to be our users, but compliance requirements, and taking it one step further, and offering these benefits we're already realizing to our clients as well. We are training each of our employees, as well as our own IT Staff. Together, designing a solution from the ground up with all of the time savings we are already noticing, I don't think I could have asked for anything more.

KnowBe4 review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Feature-rich Anti-Phishing Platform"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4's dashboard and campaign features are exactly what I want in a product like this. There are a TON of training videos and phishing templates available. Things are highly customizable. It's simple to administer. Creating recurring, randomized phishing campaigns is easy, and the data to show how employees have performed is easy to digest. It feels like we took a major step forward in our user-security just by implementing the product.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. The training modules are in some ways one-size-fits-all, so more tech-savvy users may feel a bit put-upon having to run through a lengthy training that isn't really allowing them to flex their cyber-muscles. However, compliance is rarely a party, so I don't consider this a major issue.

End-user security is important for our organization. Having a light-weight, low-impact system was critical for this, as we don't have many resources to dedicate to security management. I now feel confident that we can keep track of both the trained status of our users AND better identify high-risk individuals for greater scrutiny.

KnowBe4 review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"The Human Factor - KnowBe4 Training"

What do you like best?

One of the things I appreciate the most about KnowBe4 training is the human element. The training is relevant and touches on topics and ideas my users can grasp. Being able to gain the "buy-in" I need from my staff is invaluable in making sure we are prepared to defend against attacks.

What do you dislike?

One of my pet peeves is I would like the opportunity to offer the training without my users having to receive email links to authenticate. I constantly test my users and remind them to discard suspicious emails. A sandboxed environment from which to offer the training to my staff would be a nice addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the cost of the product, the support, and the reporting you get, KnowBe4 is covering all of my needs. The market notoriety it receives is often commented on by auditors and examiners I work with. IT is one of the areas I feel very confident in when approaching an audit. The feedback I receive from end users is also very good. The specialized training available for Board and Executives is brief, but very good.

Some of the business problems I'm solving are directly related to compliance. Required training is something that isn't going to go away. The reporting I receive after a training campaign is very good and satisfies my compliance requirements. One of the best tangible benefits I've realized though, is the decrease in the number of phishing emails clicked on by my users.

KnowBe4 review by Justin R.
Justin R.

"Beyond expectations, the Security and training beyond comprehension."

What do you like best?

Starting from the sales staff, to the support staff the entire process was as easy as turning on the radio. The entire program is built for ease of use and functionality so I can get the valuable training to the users without having to spend hours with setup and configuration.

What do you dislike?

Finding dislikes with this product is hard, but there are some minor opinions that would enhance the experience from my standpoint, being able to further customize phishing tests as well as more vishing options would be useful, as well as individual phishing tests and training versus group only. I don't see these points as dislikes but more as minor recommendations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any questions or are concerned if this product is right for your company then ask your sales rep for a Proof of Concept Baseline Phishing test, the numbers will speak for themselves. Look at the training, takes a course for yourselves, always out weight the benefits.

And please do not wait until something like a CEO scam happens to you and you lose thousands or hundreds of thousands to take measures to prevents it. You don't prevent the flu by getting a flu shot after you have the flu, its just common sense.

As an industry that is targeted by many malicious entities, we can use KnowBe4 to fill a training and knowledge gap in our company, that will allow us to remain safe and secure. The benefits outweigh the cost 10 fold as we reduce the loss by human error and from outside influence.

KnowBe4 review by Roddy M.
Roddy M.

"Excellent security training resource"

What do you like best?

The ability to automatically add new users at my business to the training courses and track their progress is very useful. The phish-testing is also a must-have to identify where training has not taken and users need additional assistance. The system is easy to use and quick to get up and running. The support provided is brilliant and they clearly go out their way to provide the best service they can.

What do you dislike?

Some of the videos have slightly cheesy acting but this usually adds a bit of levity which for some can be an otherwise boring training session. That said, the videos are usually very engaging and to the point although very slightly repetitive but of course repetition does help reinforce points so not entirely a bad thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to provide security training for non-technical staff, this is an excellent choice and well worth considering. It provides training in other areas to such as GDPR and this alone made the upgrade to platinum level very simple decision .

I was able to train whole company in both email security and GDPR awareness very quickly and effortlessly. I can keep track of users who are phish-prone and automatically sign them up to remedial courses. The support is excellent and new training courses and updates are added all the time to keep content fresh and up to date. There various lengths of video so you can cassign shorter, summarised videos for those who have less time or just need remedial training.

KnowBe4 review by Al W.
Al W.

"Sleeping Better Now"

What do you like best?

The results are stellar. We tried the free test, which really is free and 31% of my users fell for the simulated phishing emails. Now I run monthly tests at minimum and only on rare occasions do I have more than one user fail. The training also covers other areas such as password strength, and other ways we can be hacked and is updated and refreshed frequently.

What do you dislike?

The only flaws are the occasional email template that just refuses to render the way I want it to and a very few email templates that my Barracuda spam service blocks in spite of the exceptions. The email rendering has been mitigated by the abundance of templates the KnowBe4 supplies and the blocking relates to how Barracuda deals with attachments, which I opted not to change. I just look at the users that didn't get a test email and manually fire one off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free test - use the results to illustrate your vulnerability to the army of bad actors out there. Leave a copy of "Ghost in the Wires" laying around the office.

It provides a level of training and verification which along with a written Acceptable Use Policy satisfies our auditors that we exercise due diligence in that area.

KnowBe4 review by Artur R.
Artur R.

"Great system for testing and training on cyber security"

What do you like best?

The KnowBe4 security testing and training system is helping our company stay on top of emerging threats like Phishing, Ransomware and Social Engineered Exploits. It has been easy to setup and perform baseline tests followed by a variety of training sessions to ensure our staff stay safe both in their work lives but also personal lives.

The dedicated account manager has help us along in using the system in conjunction with the ASAP system which after a few questions tailors a list of action items to do to get maximum benefit. This has made using the system very easy.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice for the system to include international options such as date format, this has left some users confused when different. Also some more country specific tests/training as using mainly US content doesn't work for international clients as effectively.

KnowBe4 has allowed our organisation to test our staff on security and privacy issues to see how they deal with various examples within day to day operations. Using this data, we have been able to provide training to ensure they make the right decisions in the future to protect both the business and themselves.

With ongoing testing and training, our aim is to ensure every staff member can identify and deal with directly and correctly any threats that get past external security solutions like security gateways and filters.

KnowBe4 review by Don H.
Don H.

"Most comprehensive, easiest to use Security Awareness Training platform available"

What do you like best?

My company, GO Network Solutions is a Cloud Strategy consulting firm. We have been using and selling the KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training platform for several months. We demo'd several other well-known training programs and after thorough testing of portals, using the training and phishing simulation, tracking results and more, we have all agreed the KnowBe4 platform is the most comprehensive (most options for Phishing, Training) and easiest to use of those we demo'd.

Depending on the type and size of your organization and your specific needs, they have varying levels of the their Service available.

We offer KnowBe4 Training as a fully-managed solution to our Clients. We set up their custom portal, we conduct the baseline phishing test, manage Training Campaigns and present Reports. We keep them informed of the success of their Security Awareness Training program by continually updating the reduction in percentage of 'clickers' as we continue to conduct simulated Phishing emails and ongoing training.

Their back office Support team is also outstanding. We have

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot to dislike about KnowBe4's Security Awareness Training platform. The only thing I have been recently asked about is, a prospect asked me if they could pay for the service as a Monthly Subscription as opposed to paying in full upfront. I have not had the opportunity to share this request with the KnowBe4 team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We do our homework for our Clients and have seen various other training/phishing platforms. We found the KnowBe4 platform to be the most comprehensive, easiest to use and it offers the most "bang for your buck"!

We are helping our Clients significantly improve their security-related risk posture by delivering a comprehensive, affordable Security Awareness Training program from KnowBe4. Our average Client starts with a Baseline Percentage of Phish-prone employees of over 25%. Within the first 90-120 days this number is generally cut in half and continues to go down as we continue to perform simulated Phishing tests and conduct on-going training sessions.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Great and valuable service offering "

What do you like best?

Really great to use once set up and training schedules configured. Makes such a difference to be able to allow staff to take a more active roll in their training while still having the required safeguards in place to satisfy various certification requirements.

What do you dislike?

While there is a large number of UK and Europe targeted templates, the majority of the "really good ones" seem to be aimed at the US market.

Using knowBe4 forms part of our general staff onboarding and ongoing training, including cyber security awareness, PCI-DSS, as well as data protection.

Even for a small company, it is remarkably difficult in getting all staff members together in one place at the same time to carry out training. Using KnowBe4, we are able to allow staff to fit training into their schedules, within a specified time-period.

KnowBe4 review by Darcy G.
Darcy G.

"Cyber Security Training Made Easy"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4's training is very informative and many of my co-workers have really appreciated the content and what they learned. It is easy to use, easy to set up trainings, and easy to set up phishing emails.

What do you dislike?

When I get busy with my other duties, and then come back to KnowBe4 to send out another phishing email, it took be a bit to remember how to do it. However, with the help of KnowBe4's Service Rep, he walked me through setting up trainings and random phishing attacks that will run continuously and keep people thinking about cyber security.

Working in a healthcare system, we are vulnerable to Ransomware along with other attacks. Since implementing KnowBe4 training, many employees will question the emails they receive prior to opening them. We have actually stopped a potential ransomware attack.

KnowBe4 review by Bryan W.
Bryan W.

"KnowBe4 is positively changing our employees risk level!"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4's tool is one of the first solutions that I can directly show the results of changing behavior of our employees. If companies buy into the logic and the programs from the testing to the education using the KnowBe4 solution you just have to sit back and let the solution work for you. From a vendor perspective they do everything they should be doing as a vendor to earn and keep my business.

What do you dislike?

At this point I have not seen any thing negative with this solution.

Ongoing employee training on information security topics, also the testing of employees to detect when they are being targeted for phishing and other threats. We have seen a reduction in the threat that social engineering has on any company, double digit percentage decrease in the risk.

KnowBe4 review by John O.
John O.

"Our Experiences with KnowBe4"

What do you like best?

The solution is very flexible and can easily be implemented in a very short period of time.

What do you dislike?

The ability to group users into categories or logical containers outside of Active Directory settings would give even more flexibility to the product. Sometimes AD because of business decisions is constrained with its categorization of users. The inability to create new groupings or containers within Knowbe4 using AD accounts can be frustrating.

Our company continuously looks into methods to improve our security posture and we have realized, like many other businesses, that our personnel can be the weakest link. The human element is the unknown that all information technology security teams try to mitigate in their security plans. KnowBe4 provides us a tool to train, test, and provide instant feedback to our people.

KnowBe4 review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"I've been an advocate of KnowBe4 for several years now"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 title pretty much sums up the reason I continue to use their early response notifications about cyber threats. As a Senior Security Engineer responsible for the IPS and Firewall platforms it allows me to be proactive in the cyber warfare that is prevalent these days, especially when you consider the bad actors of nation states such as China and North Korea, who are constantly banging on our doors.

What do you dislike?

I do not have and dislikes about KnowBe4.

We use KnowBe4 to allow us to find end users in our network who fail to recognize cyber threat email messages such as Phishing or Malware that can compromise their identity or expose personal logins including passwords. It gives us an opportunity to train those end users thereby lowering our threat footprint.

KnowBe4 review by Davis D.
Davis D.

"Keeps my Company Protected"

What do you like best?

Easily customizable features, tasks, emails, and campaigns simplify deployment to ensure that each employee group gets sent relevant emails. Settings can be dynamic enough for the admin to set and let the user interaction drive the actual "training" process. Phishing emails are super simple to set up and vary in difficulty.

What do you dislike?

The basic package doesn't have too many training videos, but it is the basic package. The other packages are a little pricey for small businesses.

Protection from ransomeware!! It keeps people updated on the current threats, as well as on the lookout for fake emails. It adds a complete level of protection to our email servers that we can't actually do ourselves (since the employees are the last line of defense).

KnowBe4 review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"How KnowBe4 has worked for my organization"

What do you like best?

Training modules, simulated phish testing, the phish alert button...it's hard to pick a favorite. Bottom line is we wouldn't have had any kind of effective cybersecurity awareness program without KnowBe4.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I dislike about KnowBe4.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Many software programs are adding simulated phish testing, or one component or another of what KnowBe4 provides, but I haven't found anything as comprehensive as the KnowBe4 system.

Having KnowBe4 training for our staff on a regular basis has changed their behavior on the internet. Haven't had any ransomware issues since we started KnowBe4 security awareness training . Additionally, the training has been noted by our monitors as a big plus to mitigating cybersecurity risk.

KnowBe4 review by James F.
James F.

"Quick Start Using the KnowBe4 Platform"

What do you like best?

- Easy to use features;

- Broad functionalities without extra $$ (simulated phishing, email exposure, relevant newsletter, training, ..);

- Cost/effective

What do you dislike?

- Be great if we can get the phishing alert button for mobile (e.g., iOS); having it just on laptop/desktop is great but most folks are looking at their emails on their phones around the clock.

- Would be helpful to have a "progress meter" inside the training module so users know how much is left and make decision to continue or park and finish later;

- Email exposure check is pseudo helpful as it includes many employees who are no longer with the firm, and includes domains from years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the couple of features like simulated phishing and spam filtering check. Confirm compatibility of things like alert button and AD integration with your firm's technology platform.

We were increasing our security focus and wanted a quick start to raise the firm's awareness and prevent an increasing incoming spam/phishing emails. KnowBe4 has a ready-to-go security awareness program that we used to model after from day 1, and it ties in with all the functionalities of its platform so it was very easy to follow and implement. Support was great; our firm's uptake was great and a clear increased sense of alert is evident in the reporting of phishing/incidents and level of training consumed.

KnowBe4 review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"Knowb4 made it easy to deploy critical security awareness training effortlessly!"

What do you like best?

The portal is well designed, intuitive and quick to learn. The learning curve was so short that we were deploying complex training programs with automated escalations in matter of hours after we got access to the system.

What do you dislike?

The assignment of users to new groups or removing them can be a bit cumbersome. You have to practice a few times to learn the right navigation in the portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend you work closely with your HR Department to make sure they sanction the training approach and are willing to enforce the required nature of the training. Secondly, make sure your compliance team has reviewed the content available with KnowBe4 and have specific regulations they need to have covered. Get support from these two teams first and have them incorporate this training into the corporate policies. It will make it easier to deploy and be taken seriously.

We have about 2000 employees and we needed to implement security awareness training quickly. We also had to record the training results and be able to confirm that the training was effective. All of these requirements were covered with the KnowBe4 platform and our auditors loved the results!

KnowBe4 review by Rod P.
Rod P.

"Everything you need in user threat education and always growing"

What do you like best?

The system is set it and forget it. KnowBe4 is integrated with our AD so all our new users automatically receive notification of the initial course upon hire and monthly notices of new micro courses. Attendance is tracked and reportable. And there is new content regularly so our education is up to date on the latest threats. No excuses...well none that are valid :)

What do you dislike?

No complaints here, the product has not had any challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy and compare to other products. We have asked for a few customizations and for a managed solution, we are always told YES. We did not receive this level of support when shopping other vendors in this space.

We went from over 35% click rate to under 10% (5% last month!). We have an educated workforce that is cautious in most things they do. Haven't had Ransomware or other Phishing problems since implementation.

KnowBe4 review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training"

What do you like best?

The automated training campaigns when combined with the monthly exposure checks.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this is typically a new expense line for most businesses, the costs are minimal when compared to the savings of thwarting even a small attack that would have otherwise been successful because of an untrained end user.

Coupled with enterprise and employee adoption of mobile, IoT and cloud solutions, security needs require the information technology team and human resource managers to recognize the increasing impact of employee behavior on enterprise security and risk management effectiveness.

Security awareness is a far-reaching concept; the term "security awareness" is commonly used to refer to a broad range of education, communication, and behavior management activities and learning outcomes. KnowBe4 is one of the few products available that will allow a thorough, automated and actionable way to measure the organizations security awareness.

The automated training campaigns combined with the monthly exposure checks help to ensure end users are aware and capable of responding appropriately to modern attacks. We have a measurable confidence level that our users are protecting themselves against these kinds of attacks.

KnowBe4 review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"We were at about 13% fail rate for the pre-Phishing test, we have been average under 1% since!"

What do you like best?

The variety and thoroughness of the training modules and the fact that our staff doesn't hate the training. That's rare in the employee awareness for security training business. I've had to call customer support twice in three years and my problem both times was solved on the first try and within minutes. Anytime I couldn't find something in the KnowBe4 dashboard, I've been able to email my CRM and get a response very quickly. The customer service is really solid.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a different training module available for repeat "Clicker" offenders instead of having to use the same module. The dashboard takes a little getting used to but the user setup is simple. I wish it was a little more intuitive but you can find your way around without a lot of effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used several security awareness training products during my career in the IT industry. All were good but none were as comprehensive as KnowBe4. Some were too technical, some weren't as in depth yet at a layman's level of delivery. KnowBe4 is the mama bear of security awareness, it's just right.

We are solving the employee awareness security training issue with KnowBe4 training. There is no doubt that engaged and trained employees are our front line cyber defenders. We have an additional benefit of providing annual training for PCI compliance purposes. KnowBe4 not only helps us check a lot of compliance boxes for various requirements, it works. Our employees are security aware.

KnowBe4 review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Security Awareness Training - Best Solution We Have Found"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Solutions allows us to setup campaigns, monitor users and test users on a regular basis.

When new threats are identified, KnowBe4 is quick to offer awareness training by having new campaigns available to target our end users.

What do you dislike?

There is currently nothing we dislike about the product and services offered by KnowBe4.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a security awareness training solution then KnowBe4 is the company to talk to. They have saved us money and helped save us from security breaches. We are aware of many phishing attempts that have thwarted because of the training and testing from KnowBe4.

We needed a way to provide Security Awareness Training to our end users that included tracking and testing their absorption of the material presented. We also needed a cost effective way to do this.

KnowBe4 allows us to setup training campaigns that include learning material tests as well as sending different types of emails that attempt to get the end user to click on links, or submit personal information, etc. and all that is tracked and reported back to us.

The best part is the cost. We were originally travelling to each location to deliver a 1 hour presentation at a cost that is triple what we pay for the services from KnowBe4.

KnowBe4 review by Lee E.
Lee E.

"Good Service, well worth Having."

What do you like best?

Automated testing across a number of different social engineering vectors, statistical tracking, AD sync, automated training assignment in response to different failure scenarios, responsive and friendly support, and the ability to import courses into our LMS.

What do you dislike?

+They've semi-suddenly dumped a LOT of content behind their highest price tier. The service/price progression is now far from even.

+Creating a system of escalation for training isn't especially intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, or at least get something like it. KB4 has competitors but none of them quite matched its price to feature ratio at the time in my opinion. The time saved through automation along with the information gathered is invaluable compared to trying to set up a similar arrangement internally. If you aren't doing security training and testing of some form you are doing yourself a disservice.

KB4 is helping us to keep our users on their toes and informed on common red flags for phishing and other social engineering based attacks.

KnowBe4 review by Monti F.
Monti F.

"KnowBe4 is on the job"

What do you like best?

The authenticity and variety of the phishing emails that is available plus the flexibility to modify pretty much any aspect of the implementation is a giant plus. Also, the automation of the program and the service/support we receive has been awesome.

What do you dislike?

At this point of our implementation I like everything about the program. The only dislike I have had is the fact the IT Department becomes the bad guy for trying to trick the users and making them complete training. Now we have customized everything to correspond to the HR Department and now the problem is solved, no more bad guy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy in from the stakeholders is key and then make sure you communicate results.

The likelihood of our network being compromised by the scumbags has been significantly reduced. Our users are much more aware of the threat social engineering poses and new employees become aware very quickly how serious we are about computer and user vulnerabilities.

KnowBe4 review by Joel S.
Joel S.

"KnowBe4 Rocks!"

What do you like best?

Phishing templates. / automation / coordination of phishing results with remedial training / reporting / csv downloads for use in Power BI/ customer service,/ smart groups;

Everything in the KB4 suite works together to provide the best information security training and testing that we have ever used.

What do you dislike?

The little I have found fault with in the past was satisfactorily addressed and no longer exists. There is nothing I currently dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't provide a comparison to KB4 competitors because I have only used KB4. However, I can say that I have been 100% pleased with the product, the rate of feature additions, the relationship to the company, and the support they provide on an ongoing basis. I haven't looked at anyone else because I don't have any unmet need.

Administering and managing annual information security training. Evaluating the state of our human shield. Identifying and reeducating risky employees. With KB4, we went in one year from a 30% phishing failure rate to < 3%.

KnowBe4 review by Chuck L.
Chuck L.

"A trusted partner in security training, compliance, and tooling"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use product that makes my team's busy lives easy when it comes to compliance testing on security, HIPAA, development OWASP Top 10, and GDPR. They even have a wizard to get you up and running in minutes! They even provide cool tools like AV tester so you don't have to get your own viruses to test your AV tool, a password guesser for commonly used simple passwords on your network, and probably more I don't know about. They also have text templates for emails to remind people of today's latest threats and keep us updated weekly on new ones. Just grab and tweak and send to my users.

What do you dislike?

Ability to easily view all the custom content without assigning it to a group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tons of video content, frequent updates of warnings to look out for, create emails to keep you as admin up-to-date on security trends from CEO, easy compliance, automatic re-enrollment with those that failed phishing probes, and great people to work with!

Compliance and educating our users on security, HIPAA, development OWASP Top 10, and GDPR. Our last process was manual and not very auditable. With KnowBe4, I have full confidence in auditability of our education and we can do phishing tests and automatic adding of users that failed into more security training!

KnowBe4 review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"To Easy Not To Do"

What do you like best?

Simple to operate with good quality information. We started with a baseline test that was just a simple fake reset your password and had 20% of my users failed. We then started with a basic 25 minute security training that has a very nice red flag checklist that covered a lot of things I knew but didn't know how to quantify for my users. Also, the "Phish Alert" button is a wonderful addition and I'm also looking forward to rolling out the 2nd chance tool.

What do you dislike?

The setup on Office 356 to allow their phishing emails through was rather involved. It required way to much setup in Exchange rules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look at the training products available at the different levels. I would have probably bought the Diamond (highest level) in hindsight.

We had a real lack of knowledge on our users part as to what it meant to be safe when even checking their email. I'm also looking forward to rolling out the training on passwords, access cards, and social media.

KnowBe4 review by David C.
David C.

"Security Awareness on Steroids"

What do you like best?

Went from nothing to a full Security Awareness program in less than a month thanks to the KnowBe4 service. The ASAP program is a great guide to building and learning how to deliver a solid Security Awareness program quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

(1) The domains used to send the phishing test emails can be easily traced back to KnowBe4, making it easy for IT smart people to figure out if a potential phishing email is real or a test from KnowBe4. Need to fix this so smart people have to actually look at the content of the email and use their training to determine if the email is a phishing email. (2) The USB tests are quite limited. Trying to use it on a modern infrastructure running solid security solutions is a waste of time. Most modern Active Directory and endpoint security configurations would block macros, prevent users from enabling them, and frequently run 64bit Internet browsers only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After looking at other similar products/services we picked KnowBe4 because of all the free tools they make available to the public to help them better understand their Security Awareness weaknesses. No other company was making this level of effort. While some may think this is a marketing gimmick, I see it as pushing the envelope, making it easy for businesses to realize just how important real-world Security Awareness is to the safety of their systems and data.

Provide continuous Security Awareness training, testing that knowledge regularly, and monitoring the campaigns all from a super simple web portal.

KnowBe4 review by Tory D.
Tory D.

"Know how secure your users are and improve where needed"

What do you like best?

The phishing testing platform is very robust, easy to use and helpful in tracking how well you users are doing with respect to security issues like Phishing. Also the large amount of training topics available to be deployed and tracked is great. I started with a baseline Phishing test and then trained my users. I use the Phish Alert tool provided by KnowBe4 which allows my users to mark incoming emails as potential Phishing emails. This alerts my team of potential breaches. Pairing this tool along with regular Phishing test I can keep my users up to speed on new Phishing techniques. I use a reward system for users that can accurately mark Phishing emails, which keeps them engaged and thinking about when that next phishing email might hit their inbox.

What do you dislike?

I have been using KnowBe4 for a few years now. During the earlier days it was a bit more difficult to setup training schedules, however now the training scheduler is much better and their are more topics all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KnowBe4 is a great growing platform that will help a company of any size to get user security under control and keep it under control.

With KnowBe4 I keep my users up to date with current security issues. KnowBe4 keeps my users alert to new Phishing techniques. KnowBe4 also gives me visibility to users that may need a little more training.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Great Training, Great Support, Great Company"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup the phishing campaigns. It is easy to see the results. It is easy to setup additional training for your users. We continue to see improvements. On going campaigns allow you to constantly train. So helpful for new employees that might not see your "conference room once a year seminar".

What do you dislike?

It would be excellent if there was a way to hook the KnowBe4 user database into my active directory and automatically change user records. The import facility is very usable but currently required a human to keep things updated. However, this is a small price to pay for the benefits received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am an IT staff of one. I have nearly 60 daily users. It is not possible for me to personally do all of the training that is needed. Once you have setup all of your people in the KnowBe4 system, the hardest part is done. Setup recurring phishing campaigns, keep track of the results, schedule training for the failures. It's very easy to use.

We have seen our "prone to phishing" rate go down each time we run through a phishing campaign / training follow up.

KnowBe4 review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"A must do in today's Internet connected world.."

What do you like best?

Having the ability to set up repetitive Phishing Campaign with multiple tiers and frequency. Other than update to the templates, you can set it and forget it, then monitor the reports you get back from the system to check employee performance.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, the biggest dislike is that we really have to do this in the first place, however in our growing Internet connected world it is a must. There is not much to dislike on the platform.

As CTO one of my many concerns is what an employee will when faced with a decision to "click" or not. I had brought this to the management many times but 2 years ago a part time employee in a remote part of our facility made a fateful click and it was game over. We had all off our critical files encrypted with Ransomware... Fortunately we had good backups in several locations as a couple were sacrificed. A short time later I created a Phish against all the employees and trapped many including some of the senior management. This created a instant "budget" to Phish employees regularly and I must say it appears to have been quite effective.

KnowBe4 review by Jeffrey H.
Jeffrey H.

"KnowBe4 Review"

What do you like best?

The account portal is easy to navigate, the campaigns are easy to set up and monitor, and the number of training opportunities. I love how I can automate the entire testing and training process.

What do you dislike?

Some of the training videos come across as "profiling" the bad guys as foreigners. Although this may statistically be the case, better care should be taken when portraying them in the videos.

Awareness of e-mail scams that may result in the launch of ransomware. We had a ransomware attack in 2017 and recovered relatively quickly. KnowBe4 was a reactive result of that. Users are much more sensitive to any e-mail communication that appears out of the ordinary.

KnowBe4 review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"KnowBe4 makes security education easy and affordable"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 is a complete solution to help train employees that they are on the front line when it comes to data protection. KnowBe4 is easy to setup, manage and the reporting is very good. Their staff, especially Brittany, has been very helpful to get us started and to remain engaged with the process.

What do you dislike?

Like anything, it does take time (but it is worth the effort) and employees are not always thrilled when they get assigned to remedial training because they failed a test.

We have learned that there are a group of people that are prone to falling for these phishing attempts and that they can be trained to spot the warning signs.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Great platform for user training and awareness"

What do you like best?

The volume and quality of content that can be provided to the user population is excellent. The phishing templates are kept very current to capture recent events and risks to test users on and make your phishing simulations more real. The tracking of training completion and ability to send multiple communications for reminders to users is very helpful. Being able to schedule simulations and e-mails makes as well as send out scams of the week saves a lot of time versus trying to build something internally.

What do you dislike?

KnowBe4 recently began industry benchmarking which is great. One area of reporting that would be nice to see is comparisons of other KnowBe4 customers' results for specific system phishing templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for industry insights and frequently updated training and awareness content, KnowBe4 should be at the top of your list. The quality and variety of content for the price came in much less than competitor bids.

KnowBe4 is a great resource to address security training and awareness. Establishing baseline results to track and compare to results following completion of training campaigns is fantastic. I have been able to utilize the training material for others areas of user security failures outside of phishing, pre-texting, etc.

KnowBe4 review by Joe F.
Joe F.

"Keeping user skills sharp"

What do you like best?

The whole premise is that micro trainings executed on a more frequent basis will give your users better skills at not falling prey to phishing attacks. Also once you get the training and phishing tests set up you can have them run on a regular basis automatically which means low overhead to maintain the system.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the frequency of your training or how often people are getting phished they might end up seeing the same training fairly often which could lead to eye rolling from the end users.

Making sure that our users are trained in phishing and able to recognize any kind of phishing attack, especially the current event kinds, and report them. Also this is a measure we put in place to show our customers that we have their network safety in mind and we will not be introducing viruses onto their systems.

KnowBe4 review by Carm S.
Carm S.

"Great way to educate and inform your users"

What do you like best?

Applicable Training campaigns and Phishing tests with saved results. Smart Groups feature which allows dynamic population based upon certain criteria. Great for selecting new hires.

What do you dislike?

Want the Training campaign to be like the phishing - to select a genre and time allotment so that training campaigns becomes almost as automatic as phishing. Right now I must create new campaigns for select modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to provide good communication with your users regarding the product and what it addresses. Establish a regular routine of training, phishing, and remedial handling. Solicit feedback and refine.

Cyber-Security training. Makes users question the authencity of information and its source - less prone to be fooled into clicking.

KnowBe4 review by Chyanne K.
Chyanne K.

"Great company to work with and products that give results."

What do you like best?

The company is great to work with, customer service is excellent, account executives check in regularly, the products and services are best in the business and they continue to grow their product line. All products and services are easy to use and they always listen to the users to make enhancements and fix issues promptly.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything about the company or their products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The amount of content available with KnowBe4 can be a bit overwhelming but you will be able to find exactly what you need. The content is kept up to date, can be long or short, some of the content is entertaining and keeps the end users interests.

Social engineering training for both new employees and annual training for existing employees. Phishing email and exposure tests that run weekly, bi-weekly, and or monthly. Training for our board level executives.

KnowBe4 review by Seth S.
Seth S.

"Measurable risk reduction at a very affordable price."

What do you like best?

It keeps our staff vigilant and trained to recognize attacks without the need to constantly conduct poorly-attended internal training. For what I consider a very modest expense, it has dramatically improved the security awareness of staff and has helped defend against several very targeted spearphishing attempts. I consider it a key part of any "defense in depth" security effort.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. It would be nice to have a more technical and frequently updated video with information valuable to IT staff, perhaps quarterly.

HR has required a set of IT-recommended training videos that all staff view at the start of employment and refreshed annually. Among many staff the weekly phishing simulations have become a friendly source of ribbing when someone falls for one. Staff generally takes the requirement for complex passwords seriously, and the average level of threat awareness has skyrocketed.

KnowBe4 review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"They help you be "in the know" BEFORE problems develop"

What do you like best?

With today's continually changing technology you need someone like KnowBe4 to “watch your back” as you balance security over productivity on a minute by minute basis. It is not “IF” you get attacked but “WHEN” you get attacked, and KnowBe4 does their best to make sure the weakest link “your people” are trained to minimize that risk.

What do you dislike?

There is SO much content available. I didn't say TOO much, I just have other work to do ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to find someone to trust in the security marketplace. I find Stu Sjouwerman's insight and background provides a very calming experience. It help's me sleep at night!

With email being a required and effective communication tool in today's market, it also is a security hole that can "stop the presses" in a heartbeat! Training, testing, (and re-testing) your people helps everyone sleep better at night.

KnowBe4 review by George G.
George G.

"Staying ahead of failure"

What do you like best?

I can schedule mandatory training as part of the on boarding process. Additional training modules are available to staff.

What do you dislike?

can not recover training modules if you accidentally delete them. This is valuable data we use to ensure all staff have gone through the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No need to hesitate. Get your staff in front of failures and provide the necessary training. Cyber criminals love Would've, Could've, Should've .

Time is always a hurdle the online access allows staff to complete at their own pace. My staff often report how the training has benefited their personal experience and has saved them from a bad click.

KnowBe4 review by Daryl H.
Daryl H.

"Powerful tools to assess the resilience of users to phishing and train users in security awareness."

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate with Active Directory for user account provisioning. The cyber security training is easily accessible and was well received by the end users. The phishing emails are very convincing and easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

Confusing licensing and availability of modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this is the Industry standard and leader for online cyber security awareness testing and training.

Knowbe4 created a product in a timely manner that perfectly fit our goals for Cyber Security awareness training and phishing testing. Since we implemented the training, we have lowered the total number of user related cyber security incidents, such as phishing, by roughly 80-90%.

KnowBe4 review by Bill H.
Bill H.

"Tremendous Value for extremely reasonable costs"

What do you like best?

I was constricted by an extremely low budget for this but was wowed by the price versus the features (which were better than all the competition anyway...)

What do you dislike?

The campaigns workflows are still a little clunky in some areas, but we see improvements every quarter in that area, to be fair. Whitelisting can be a hurdle for the domains they spoof.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will be hooked

Our people are far more likely to avoid suspicious emails than before, and the training is really clear and straightforward, so our clickers dropped from 48% fooled to 2% in one year!

KnowBe4 review by Steve E.
Steve E.

"The best tool for making your users aware of the potential theats of the cyber world!"

What do you like best?

The email phishing campaigns have made my users very aware of the types of tricks that are coming into their in boxes. I am constantly being asked if this is a good email or bad which is what I want them to do. The training modules are excellent! They are short and to the point. My users are very busy so they do not have time to spend several hours on training.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I do not like.

Making our employees more aware of the security threats that the internet makes available to them.

KnowBe4 review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Great choice!"

What do you like best?

I love the Automated Security Awareness Program, known as ASAP. It's very easy to setup an automated program to inform, test and report on the organization's overall security awareness.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about KnowBe4, the dashboard, the ASAP program and reporting. Assigning users to specific training campaigns could be improved so that it is a bit more straightforward and easier to understand how to accomplish that task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demonstration or trial access to the portal. With a small investment of time, you'll quickly be able to setup up an automated security awareness program and watch your security posture and awareness improve month after month.

Several training requirements are easily addressed by the KnowBe4 training. We are able to provide basic security awareness training, PCI, PII and other required training very easily using KnowBe4's ASAP features.

KnowBe4 review by Perryn O.
Perryn O.

"Great, preventative way to prevent ransomware by educating your users"

What do you like best?

Simply put, it works and it is affordable. KnowBe4 provides us a tool to easily educate our clients and measure the effectiveness of our training.

What do you dislike?

Toggling between client accounts in Reseller Mode is clunky.

Drilling down to find the right training module is cumbersome because there are so many training options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it; you won't regret it.

We build a cyber-awareness for phishing emails and scams with our clients and we can succinctly measure the effectiveness. We've seen clients drop their "phish proneness" from 30% to 1% in a few months just by being aware.

KnowBe4 review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"You are the weakest link"

What do you like best?

Range of what you can do. Patience with me working thru what I want to do. The user community uploading current templates - just in case I'm too lazy to do my own.

What do you dislike?

I'm very pleased. There is really nothing to dislike. They are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In one second your company be toast. All it takes is one user:

one not paying attention

one that is tired and clicks without thinking

one that wants that coupon for 5 - 20% off their favorite site

one that opens an attachment from a colleague / friend that they weren't expecting.

Raising the level of awareness of how people can attack. They are calling me now about suspicious emails. Trying to get them to realize there are other ways they can be attacked.

KnowBe4 review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"Affordable, Full-Featured"

What do you like best?

As a small organization with a limited budget for security awareness training and testing, KnowBe4 has the tools I need at a price we can afford. Setup was easy and I was able to engage with my users on the first day.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally have difficulty getting new users into the appropriate groups to handle initial training sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of your account manager early on. In my experience they are very familiar with the portal and can help you find that materials you seek. Additionally, they can help you set up custom templates and targeted awareness campaigns.

Security Awareness Training; Phishing Awareness. I've seen significant reductions in our phish-prone percentage rates and better engagement among our employees regarding security awareness due to the diversity of materials provided by KnowBe4.

KnowBe4 review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Great educational packagefor cybersecurity training."

What do you like best?

The training is good and the formula of baseline -> train --> ongoing testing is effective for reducing our clients' phish-prone percentage

What do you dislike?

The phishing templates / e-mails are not always well crafted. Having to modify / tweak to correct some of the grammar / word choice to appear more professional.

We're reducing the risks our clients face within the current cyberthreat landscape with training to recognize social engineering attempts. The training and ongoing phish-tests teach and reinforce asking the right questions and correct actions to take when reviewing a suspicious e-mail.

KnowBe4 review by Sai Prasanna R.
Sai Prasanna R.

"Decrease in phish prone users"

What do you like best?

The phishing simulation looks very real and makes users feel like the email is legitimate. The social engineering aspect of the test simulation is great. The fact that we can use the SCORM files into our LMS so that users can find all training material through our learning channel streamlines it for our users,

What do you dislike?

Training labeled as Kevin Mitnick is not appealing to users. It may be good to have more customization capability in the SCORM file that we incorporated in our LMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy solution to train users to be safe amidst the rampant cybersecurity threats.

Helping users to identify and respond safely to malicious cybersecurity threats. Our users have decreased from 30% phish prone to 6.7% in 3 months time.

KnowBe4 review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"What We Didn't KnowBe4, But We Do Now!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, flexibility, and the ability to maintain a history of individual user and group performance.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found anything with the product that I dislike, which is highly unusual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their free tools and it's likely the insight they provide will convince you to consider purchasing KnowBe4's application suite.

Key component of security program, educating users on the importance of being vigilant when it comes to various types of malware and methods for introducing them into the environment.

KnowBe4 review by Jen G.
Jen G.

"Nice Product Made Better By Excellent Service and Support"

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to manage via web interface. They connect easily to our environment so managing our user base is effortless. I have a dedicated customer success manager who makes herself readily available to address any problems or concerns. When I require support's assistance, their agents are all wonderful to deal with.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing to complain about.

It's a great education tool whether we are using their training modules or executing phishing campaigns against our users.

KnowBe4 review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"Effective Easy to Deploy Awareness Training Solution"

What do you like best?

- Users can be provisioned directly from Active Directory

- Management Portal is very easy to use and flexible

- Additional pieces like PhishAlert plugin for Outlook, and SecondChange are great value adds

What do you dislike?

I'll let you know when I find something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product support from this company; they proactively reach out to ensure that customers are using the product to it's full potential and to assist with any questions.

After deploying the training; phish test results improved exceptionally well across our company.

KnowBe4 review by Henrik J.
Henrik J.

"Used KnowBe4 Awareness platform since 2015"

What do you like best?

Complete platform easy to setup and use after a little effort. Gives great overview, easy to plan activities and share results with all levels in our organisationl

What do you dislike?

the spread of ransomware ;-) There is nothing I dislike in this product

With this platform we have brought security training and awareness to top of mind in our organisation. We have now reached a prone level we are proud off. Learning by doing is a great concept in this product.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Excellent Security Training Tool"

What do you like best?

Training programs (5 minute micro-modules and the 10 minute topic ones), automated reminders, phishing tests, easy AD integration for accounts, smart groups

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool is a little bit weak where we have to keep re-selecting the training module (it selects the top by default every time) if we find the output is not what we are looking for. It would be nice if it remembered what we selected last. The wording for the report seems just a tad unclear (I keep selecting the second one, but really need the third report), but that sounds more of a user issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended as it has multiple training modules, even short ones of 5-10 minutes along will full length videos of 25, 30, and 45. Follow up on their product is excellent and they help to make sure you are utilizing the product to its full potential.

Security Awareness to users and ensuring users do not click on links and/or open attachments in illegitimate emails

KnowBe4 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Useful for phishing testing and security awareness training"

What do you like best?

If you want to phish your employees, this product is the one to use! They offer free phishing testing to start, and from there, you can sign up for yearly security awareness training and phishing testing at a low cost. The range of phishing templates available in the paid plan is amazing, and it's very fun to test your employees and see who does not pass.

What do you dislike?

The security awareness training modules seem like it's a lot of work to manage and deploy for your users. There is just so much available and it can be hard to sell to your prospects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free phishing test first, to see if it's something you'd like to share with your clients.

We are solving the business problems of IT security. Having your users security aware can save an organization from getting hacked. Cybersecurity training is a real need that should be practiced.

KnowBe4 review by User

"Activate and go"

What do you like best?

We set it up and just let it do its job. All of our employees get a couple phishing emails a month, trying to trick them. As planned we are continually getting better at identifying the culprits. I also like the weekly Scam of the Week emails that highlight the latest scams. These are beneficial for not only work but also home use. I often find myself forwarding these home so my wife can see them.

What do you dislike?

Seems like if you look hard enough at the link (when you hover over it with the mouse pointer) you can find "kb4" somewhere in the displayed text, a sure giveaway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great training for employees. Also demonstrates to HHS that you are complying with the HIPAA Security Rule by providing periodic refresher training. I also keep all of my weekly Scam of the Week emails for the same purpose.

We are training our employees to recognize phishing emails thus preventing malware, ransomware, and whatnot. Also we are becoming knowledgeable about the latest scams.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"The testing and training for our business has been extremely helpful"

What do you like best?

Front end training, followed by randomized, custom Phishing test emails, sent over a few days or weeks, to all employees. Those that click through get added to a clickers group, requiring additional testing. It gives us the tools necessary to train our staff, test our staff, and follow up with those still needing work.

What do you dislike?

Two problems... When we open the ports for the phishing emails to get through, we get extra traffic hitting our firewall - so we only open to spec during the test and then shut it down again. Second, we have been having a problem with a great program of theirs called SecondChance, which verifies with a user who clicks a link in the email (including the ACTUAL link presented clearly) - some machines still cannot run due to MS Office installation configuration issues. They are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have much info on the competition, but this product s offers innovative products, good support and service, and exceptional training sessions.

New York has training and testing requirements for all financial and insurance businesses. KnowBe4 meets our requirements - but better than meeting requirements, I think it has made a real impact on our employees actions - both at work and at home.

KnowBe4 review by Executive Sponsor in Banking
Executive Sponsor in Banking

"Very good training tool, good source of informational emails"

What do you like best?

We can schedule our own training "campaigns" and even modify the templates. I designed my own landing page, which is where an employee is directed if they fail the test by clicking on a link or opening an attachment they shouldn't have.

Stu sends out emails on a fairly regular basis that contains some very good informaiton on security and the state of what's in the wild. This is helpful and I often share with my employees.

What do you dislike?

A PhishAlert button is available for employees to submit suspicious email and it works just fine, however, KnowBe4 does not do any analyzing of the email so you never know if the email submitted was spam or a real threat. I requested they add this and was denied so I went to PhishLabs and have the PhishAlert button send the email to the PhishLabs SOC and they analyze it for us, providing a response in less than an hour if the email was spam (directly back to the sender) or a real threat (to the sender as well as our security team).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need someone that is well versed with Active Directory and your AD needs to be well organized so you can keep your training database updated and accurate. You don't want to have groups or departed employees in your test groups. Educate your senior/executive management on what this product does and then provide them reports showing the progress being made by the employees as the number of "clickers" goes down (hopefully).

Our employees are getting much better training and more often than they ever have before when it comes to being aware of and alert for suspicous email. I've even implemented a monthly award to the person that reports the most real threats using the PhishAlert button. Since the implementation of using KnowBe4 for training, our "clickers" have gone from unaccepatble to almost zero for most campaigns.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"KnowBe4 - Excellent Security Awareness Program"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to get all setup and the sales people and technical support team. Everyone we had to deal with/talk to was amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of so far, we are still in the implementation phase, but from what I can see so far, there is a reason that KnowBe4 is highly rated in the industry.

Making our employees better aware of Phishing scams, etc. and how to detect those scams in their emails. The benefits from this program are that our employees are way more apt to second guess suspect emails and think before they click rather than just clicking and not realizing what they are doing.

KnowBe4 review by Scott J.
Scott J.

"Excellent tools for engaging staff as your front line of defense against Cyber Attacks"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 provides Deltec Solutions with a comprehensive platform for delivering vulnerability testing and security awareness training services. The content is frequently updated and fresh, and regular vulnerability testing helps us map our clients progress and recommend and deliver training strategies.

What do you dislike?

The ability to administer several programs at once with standardized program templates for phishing and training campaigns across our entire client base would be nice.

Deltec leverages the KnowBe4 platform as a key component in our Security Awareness Training and Testing Services. This service helps our clients evaluate and train their staff to identify and resist social engineering threats and is an essential component in our overall security suite.

KnowBe4 review by Henrik Rud K.
Henrik Rud K.

"Works great!"

What do you like best?

We Really like the intuitive flow in the way you control and create campaigns, statistics and education.

The benefits of raising the level of awareness is potentially enormous, and KnowB4 makes it straigt forward.

On top of that, the proactive follow up from support is awesome.

What do you dislike?

As a danish customer, in a North America based business, it's obvious the focus is not on templates in danish or scandinavian language. Phishing is woldwide! - but we still have to tweak a little on language to make compelling campaigns.

The benefits of raising the level of awareness is potentially enormous for every kind of business, and KnowB4 makes this straigt forward.

KnowBe4 review by Mark K.
Mark K.

"Let's me sleep at night"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 hits that person issue that no technology can address.

What do you dislike?

nothing it works as advertised and support is amazing

KnowBe4 teaches my staff in a friendly no-nonsense method that is easily adopted by staff. Staff appreciates learning about security because it not only assists them (and me) in the office but really shows the value at home where they may not have all the tools that we provide here at the office.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Significant improvement in Security Awareness"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Training, Phishing and Vishing campaigns are easy to set up and execute. The product is very intuitive and provides all the features I need and some I never would have considered.

What do you dislike?

A few personal pet peeves...page advance button only at the bottom of pages, requiring scrolling through long pages to get to the next one. Can only add a user to one group at a time.

We use KnowBe4 for annual Security Awareness Training, Security Awareness posters for our home office, monthly email phishing campaigns and vishing campaigns and monthly Security Awareness Newletters.

KnowBe4 is a comprehensive product for all our Security Awareness needs.

KnowBe4 review by Karen D.
Karen D.

"KnowBe4 - Administrator experience"

What do you like best?

As administrator, I love the visibility of users who have failed phishing tests, which learning has been assigned, and what timeline it was (or was not) completed. I also appreciate the extensive learning library and the ability to select whether to use the existing LMS or our own internal LMS to administer the learning.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any true 'dislikes' but it can be difficult to direct employees to an outside LMS when you have an internal LMS. It's confusing for learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It has such a great learning library!

We have a serious security breach regarding 'high quality' phishing attempts!

KnowBe4 review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="4e3c356e-029f-47e8-a8a0-84e90b25cf9e">Rob S.</span>
Rob S.
" itemprop="name" />

"KnowBe4 Changed Our Security Awareness"

What do you like best?

Our culture was not fully aware of the risks associated with clicking links and opening files in e-mails they received. Nearly a third of them were deemed "phish-prone" in our base line test. We dropped that to less than 3% per test and we have even gotten down to 0% for some tests.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with KnowBe4. We have been very pleased with the program we are on.

We were extremely phish-prone as an organization. It is hard to say what events we have avoided but the awareness level - from the senior staff on down - is through the roof.

KnowBe4 review by John K.
John K.

"they are different, they think different, just what I need to help battle CyberCrime"

What do you like best?

staff think differently, product offerings are different, everything I need. Account management is excellent

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, activating users for training campaigns can be tricky re emails and content is largely US based. Would like to see more Irish focused content

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it !

Staff Cybercrime awareness - increasing this area by phishing campaigns and training material. Also, compliance training campaigns around GDPR etc

KnowBe4 review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

In today's times it is best to test your team to make sure they are properly trained to not click on dangerous links and attachments. Knowbe4 does a great job in providing a system to track clicks and educate the users without damage to your systems.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any specific items which I dislike.

Knowing before someone clicks on a dangerous link and education of users.

KnowBe4 review by Anthony H.
Anthony H.

"KnowBe4 is a top shelf product and went beyond expectations."

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about the product, namely the rich content, relevant delivery method of connecting to the audience and ease of navigation. Outside of the product, the implementation method, I must say work extremely well and deserves a mention as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. It works great! I would recommend it to anyone.

We are addressing cyber-security training specifically. The benefits have not yet been realized, based on the positive reception from those that have engaged in the training, I would say the benefits will be far reaching as employees learn to defend against exploits.

KnowBe4 review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Excellent Training Services"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, good training presentations, timely.

Customer service representatives follow up with us on an almost monthly basis with suggestions.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything we didn't like. It works even better than advertised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is excellent. We get regular calls from their support group with suggestions and new ideas as they monitor our testing status.

We had a serious problem with end users falling for phishing attacks and we were a victim of ransomeware as a result. Training and regularly testing our users has been highly effective in eliminating this problem and making everyone more security conscious.

KnowBe4 review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Essential Tool to Improve Your Security Culture"

What do you like best?

The ability to train, test, and remediate users fits the best adult learning models. The professional services to help short handed CISO's deploy and use the system are very affordable and recommended highly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike including the price, performance, and ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend KnowBe4 Cloud Based Security Training and Services.

Reduction of our attack surface by improving user's resistance to social engineering attacks. With just one training campaign we reduced our phish prone employee percentage to below the industry average and feel confident we can get down under 2%.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Helpful for our medium sized business"

What do you like best?

I like the phishing tools and the training videos. The ASAP outline is useful and can help me show the C-level folks what we're doing and why.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I know of yet, the tools available have been very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tools available are pretty handy, I am looking forward to sharing some of the training videos with our users.

We are getting started on training our users to be security minded. I have seen that our folks are pretty decent at questioning emails, but we still need to work on other areas of security.

KnowBe4 review by Linda R.
Linda R.

"KnowBe4 is a great solution for all businesses to utilize"

What do you like best?

We selected KnowBe4 to enhance our IT Security Training and for the ability to create our own phishing email tests. The training is informative and easy for our users to follow allowing us to assign several courses per year.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about KnowBe4

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to setup and use. They offer a wide range of security topics for training and provide great reporting. Support has been great.

The phishing email tests assisted in identifying where additional internal training was needed and has improved our employees reporting of genuine phishing attempts.

KnowBe4 review by Ronald J.
Ronald J.

"Great tool to increase awareness and defend against phishing attacks"

What do you like best?

I like that we can setup campaigns that will continue to run, so that people get reminded and tested regularly

What do you dislike?

After some time, people start to recognize templated test mails, so you need to refresh periodically

The threat from phishing attacks is real. Using this platform we have raised awareness and prevented damage from actual attacks

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Everyone should be using a service like KnowBe4!"

What do you like best?

KnowBe4 provides a great service with excellent support and it's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At times, I've found the portal interface a bit confusing, but that has more to do with my knowledge and infrequent use of the portal. I wish I had more time to spend in the portal as there's so much more it could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems easy enough to implement on your own, but take advantage of their excellent customer support. You'll end up with a much better configuration in much less time.

Our risk of falling for a phishing scam has been greatly reduced due to our regular phishing tests and online awareness training. Our users are much more cautious and much more likely to ask about a questionable email than they were before the training/testing.

KnowBe4 review by Stan J.
Stan J.

"KB4 great phish test tool"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of options when sending phish tests and it's user friendly after the first learning curve.

What do you dislike?

The user management page could be easier to admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are looking into using the KB4 Compliance Manager tool.

We run quarterly Phishing tests and they have helped to create great awareness about e-mail threats.

KnowBe4 review by Richard M. W.
Richard M. W.

"Excellent way for small organization to improve cyber security and training"

What do you like best?

Excellent support with the" how to" and most of the video training or phishing is already set up for use. Is easy to find templates that match your company to employ.

What do you dislike?

Need to use several menus to move and mostly easy but need work in it regularly to keep from forgetting where some items are stored, good side is support is always available and work monthly with us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost and completeness of product makes it excellent value

training rank in file users on keeping up to date on trends in security

KnowBe4 review by Sherry B.
Sherry B.

"I enjoy the ease of doing a phishing test"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a campaign: either test or training. Working well for my users.

What do you dislike?

It requires resources to utilize all of the options. But that's always the case. this is not an issue of the software. Just an internal issues. so the real answer is Nothing.

Security awareness. End user training.

KnowBe4 review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"KnowBe4 is a critical piece of our security program"

What do you like best?

Simple, training and phishing,all in one.good metrics

What do you dislike?

There is noting that I dislike at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this product a try

Security Awareness Training is a key element of any program. KnowBe4 allows us to not only train them from a knowledge perspective, but also to start changing behavior with the Phishing components.

KnowBe4 review by David R.
David R.

"KnowBe4"

What do you like best?

The ability to test or train at any time

What do you dislike?

Licensing can be confusing.

Our previous on-line security training was boring and never changed year to year. KnowBe4's training is interesting, informative and current. While we still catch a few staff with our internal phish testing, our external (third party) tests have been clean.

KnowBe4 review by Internal Consultant in Mining & Metals
Internal Consultant in Mining & Metals

"Good product and good vendor to deal with"

What do you like best?

Very easy to launch and monitor phishing and training campaigns. Phish Alert Button is great, except I couldn't get internal approval for mass rollout (company doesn't like Outlook plugins).

What do you dislike?

Configuring mail protection features to allow the tests can be a bit of a hassle depending on what you have in place. At least once it's done it's done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly test for your mail gateway, spam filtering, or other tools blocking incoming tests and training notifications.

Malicious emails and user awareness are two of our priority concerns, and KnowBe4 addresses both.

KnowBe4 review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"How do you know your users get it?"

What do you like best?

We have always trained our users about Phishing. KnowBe4 takes it to a higher level by testing users to ensure they "got it". In addition, KnowBe4's training materials are current and very useful.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to scroll all email users rather than having more than one page to search through. Not a big deal since the data is there, just less key strokes if all were listed on a single page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product at an affordable price.

Avoiding Malware such as Phishing and Ransom-ware.

KnowBe4 review by Bill D.
Bill D.

"An invaluable tool we need to help keep our enterprise and our users aware..."

What do you like best?

The KnowBe4 features, the training options, the ease of administration and the reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at all, so far so good.

We're just getting started with KnowBe4 and it's already helping our users become more aware of all the different types of phishing and other scams out there.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Excellent Security Awareness Training Content (employees really liked it)"

What do you like best?

The training content is updated frequently which keeps it relevant for the employees. Security awareness training can be very boring, BUT NOT WITH KnowBe4. The training management tools are also very good and easy to use. The Phishing simulator/training emails are spectacular.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike with this security awareness training material. The materials are well thought out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best security awareness training material I have seen in the last 30 years in IT.

Security awareness training is a key requirement in any security program. Employees must be aware of the potential issues in their email and other activities to limit potentially negative outcomes. Most of our employees have given positive feedback on the content and timeliness of the materials presented.

KnowBe4 review by Edward H.
Edward H.

"Security awareness training and phish testing are easy with KnowBe4."

What do you like best?

The console is easy to use and get started. The phishing scheduling and templates are intuitive and quick to setup. The process is effective with testing and the resulting training assigned to people that fail the phish test.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes for this product. I suppose that anything can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and works well.

The business problem that I'm solving with KnowBe4 is security awareness. The phishing tests involve everyone my organization giving awareness for safe email usage.

KnowBe4 review by Spencer L.
Spencer L.

"Powerful and cost effective tool for fighting phishing"

What do you like best?

Good quality content, cost effective, well designed UI.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much that I can think of. We have been using for a couple of months, and I have no complaints.

The threat of phishing attacks. I believe our people now have a greater awareness of what to look for.

KnowBe4 review by John B.
John B.

"KnowBe4 Experience"

What do you like best?

Very well designed to teach and offer practical examples. Focus is on the meat of the subject with easy to set up training. Support is very good as well

What do you dislike?

So far, no real negatives in my 10 months of use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solve a huge problem of training users to think before they click. I was skeptical, but results are proof

User vulnerability to click on "bad stuff". Training has effectively minimized my exposure as IT Lead. Our users have been trained to "think before you click"

KnowBe4 review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Great product with unlimited features to choose from."

What do you like best?

I like that it is capable of choosing official templates or user created templates or the ability of fully customizing your own templates.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more collaborating with some of the email security appliance vendors to avoid whitelisting in the event the emails are dropped.

I am working on solving the human equation in security. I have noticed that with the training that comes with the package we are seeing an improvement in our end users that are prone to phishing.

KnowBe4 review by Administrator

"Excellent all inclusive product"

What do you like best?

Easy to get started with the Automated Security Awareness Program (ASAP) as well as a dedicated success manager and a responsive support team. Great dashboard and metrics to present data collected from campaigns.

What do you dislike?

No downsides, product has great versatility and is able to provide everything from start to finish including a lot of categories to choose from for phishing campaigns and training.

Encouraging users to practice safe habits. Think before you click mentality as well as double checking with IT staff if uncertain.

KnowBe4 review by Ian M.
Ian M.

"Crucial Knowledge During a Bad Time "

What do you like best?

It provides our users with the much needed tools to avoid any damaging malware.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer more training modules in other languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the age where cyber-security is crucial to every user, it is important to have the knowledge of the threats on the Internet and have the tools to combat these threats. Knowing the threats and identifying them is half the battle won.

Avoiding click happy users and reducing downtime when infected PC's have to be rebuilt from malware attacks.

KnowBe4 review by Eric N.
Eric N.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Very well thought out, very powerful, and flexible. A definite step up from our previous provider.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything, other than some of the random phishing e-mails are far too obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product. The trianing and phishing testing combined has been very well recevied by my users.

End user awareness is at the highest ever, we have built a baseline of knowledge across the company and in conjunction with our other tools in place, we feel much safer.

KnowBe4 review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"KnowBe4 is essential security training and testing"

What do you like best?

The ability to test your user base and see where your vulnerabilities are coupled with training for remediation

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything about KnowBe4 that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! I recommend KnowBe4 to all my colleagues.

Increased security awareness among the user base of the companies I have implemented this on behalf of. It is essential to train your user base to spot and avoid Phishing attempts. There is no more pertinent security measure you can take.

KnowBe4 review by David G.
David G.

"The product is Very Good, but the Support is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The support given to us to setup our Phishing Campaign and follow-up training

What do you dislike?

I am unable to come up with anything I dislike about KnowBe4.

Getting our users trained on how to be informed, more aware, and more responsible users