KnowledgeOwl

Ask KnowledgeOwl a Question
Showing 65 KnowledgeOwl reviews
KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Janet S.</span>
Janet S.

"Kudos to KnowledgeOwl - we made the right choice for Level Five Selling!"

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl is very easy to use - especially if you've worked with any blogging software - and the support services are fabulous. You can schedule support calls online for the amount of time you need and the team responds to emails, too. We can't sing their praises more! They're definitely a 10+.

What do you dislike?

Sorry - but nothing to dislike about here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are delighted with our decision to use KnowledgeOwl as the base of our KMS and would recommend them to other companies seeking to quickly deploy a KMS system.

In starting a new company, we wanted to create a KMS to supplement our new Level Five sales training and sales coaching offering. We are using it as a market differentiator. After reviewing several KMS systems, we decided to go with KnowledgeOwl. Our reasons were several, including: easy to use, quick to get up and running, expandable as our user numbers grow, affordable and the features/functionality were a good fit with our product portfolio.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about KnowledgeOwl
KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Jeffery G.</span>
Jeffery G.

"Great way to update our employees"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to update the information needed by our employees as I get it. The program is very intuitive to use and take little time to learn. You do not need mad computer or HTLM skills to run the program. It is great to have customer service that actually wants to help you in a quick and efficient manner. We get great feed back from our employees on the ease to use and search. It is hard to even think about going back to the old way of doing business after being spoiled with this program. And again, the support side is always there, ready to jump in and fix what needs to be done, no questions asked.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find anything to dislike with this program. About the only thing is for some of the things that need done, it is helpful to know HTML coding, but with the support this company has, they do it faster than I ever could, saving us time and money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this program and save time and headaches.

We use to have our employees look up manual section in Word, with no real search ability. This caused downtime while they researched and delays for our customers. With the search function alone, time was saved. And the ability to add other training links saved them time trying to find them on different web pages.

What Customer Self-Service solution do you use?

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Jim O.</span>
Jim O.

"Excellent Customer Service and Tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is super easy for our users. Each and every time that I have had a roadblock - KO has been there with different solutions - sometimes going above what i was even thinking possible. I like that KO gives you access to style the KB to your liking - access to all parts header/css/login screen etc.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. If i need something then i ask KO and their response and support is unmatched.

At the start we had the need to have two separate knowledge bases, but 40% shared content. KO was able to meet our needs and create new functionality which pulled content from a single source. Another time, we had different login requirements for each KB and KO was able to make adjustments so that we could tailor the login process to each to match the internal clients requirements. On group wanted comments - BAM! KO adds the ability to makes comments on posts. I have a long list and each time KO has delivered.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>John A.</span>
John A.

"Knowledge Owl for SaaS"

What do you like best?

We originally went with Knowledge Owl because it was light-weight and did not enforce a ticketing and chat customer support as part of the package--as we use someone else's platform for these purposes. We were mainly interested in a Wordpress-y type knowledge base that would allow us to point customers and not worry about constructing a complex file structure for a knowledge base.

The software's design is pretty customizable so you can have your own branding at no extra cost. There's strong typographical and design decisions that make complex workflows easily readable by customers.

What do you dislike?

The design themes and interface aren't hugely modern and don't feel terribly resilient sometimes. There have been some security concerns as well: for a while, if you googled "knowledge owl login", Google would provide you with a link that looked like Knowledge Owl and would accept your credentials, but it would not be pointing at knowledgeowl's domain (as far as I could see). Occasionally the UI on the administrator end was not quite as intuitive, but on the whole things were discoverable.

We're B2B SaaS and we offer customer support through a chat line. KnowledgeOwl worked great for us because we didn't want an entire system that included ticketing, but we wanted something that would play nice with our DNS and allow us to point customers to more complicated workflow education. Knowledge Owl hit that sweet spot, and it's freed up our time significantly to do other important things (development, sales, meaningful customer interaction).

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Joshua C.</span>
Joshua C.

"A wise choice for your knowldge base. "

What do you like best?

For anyone who has used KnowledgeOwl one of the first things you will notice is it just works. The setup and usage are super intuitive and I have never once needed to ask for help in how to set something up or use the application. - Well done!

You have granular control over access to your knowledge based to make this either internal or public facing and can even have as our organization does sections for each team.

Styling your KB is easy as 1.2.3 and you don't need to know any coding to get up and running but have absolute control to add your own custom HTML, CSS and Javascript! In addition you can include tracking codes and other tools that might be useful to solve your problems.

What do you dislike?

If you follow these guys on twitter you will see way too many cute owl photos. This can be immersing and you may loose hours of productivity gawking at how cute they are. :D

Our organization uses KnowledgeOwl as our customer facing knowledge based which our customers LOVE as well as a tool for internal documentation to house a library of articles and how to's for our new employees and remote workers.

Each of our departments has their own KB which put relevant knowledge within easy access for each employee while ensuing for security of more sensitive information.

I have tried to think of what life without KnowledgeOwl would be like and indeed it is a stark existence.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Caitlin M.</span>
Caitlin M.

"Easy to use solution for central communication and documentation"

What do you like best?

Foldering/navigation, versioning, ability to restrict access by IP or password, ease of use of the editor, ability to customize look/feel of the knowledge base using the robust bult-in style editor as well as custom CSS (this is a big one for me).

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything! I've never run into any issues that couldn't be easily solved by contacting support or searching their documentation.

My company uses KnowledgeOwl for customer-facing documentation, and it's been an invaluable resource. It is so incredible to be able to copy/paste a link to or a section of a document, instead of repeating ourselves over and over again for common questions in chat/tickets. The amount of documentation we have written (and how well organized it is, thanks to KnowledgeOwl) has also greatly reduced the need for our customers to contact support. So awesome!

My department also uses KnowledgeOwl for internal documentation/communications, as well as housing documents/processes the entire team needs access to. This has been great for streamlining communication, keeping things consistent and accessible, and making sure everyone is on the same page. We love it!!

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Kate M.</span>
Kate M.

"Excellent product and great support"

What do you like best?

Everything, basically. The product itself is easy, straightforward, and intuitive, and good new features and functionality are always being added. But above all, I love the staff and support. I feel like Marybeth is practically part of my own team at times--she always gets back to me quickly and offers a variety of solutions to a problem, and the team at KO has been great handling some custom requests or fast-tracking things we desperately needed.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there's nothing to dislike here, though I cannot wait for the new editor to be out of beta and permanently live!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do the free trial--we ran several PoCs off of the trial and Marybeth and Pete helped us play around with different ways to import all of our existing content from our previous vendor, etc. And if KO doesn't currently do something you want, explain it and ask them about it--they've been great to us!

We use KO for the help documentation for our own SaaS application. Most importantly, the API and the "pages to recommend on" functionality has allowed us to provide an in-app contextually relevant help menu for our end-users, which has made our own help documentation much more user-friendly and readily-accessible (and has increased its usage).

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Shannon F.</span>
Shannon F.

"Freelancer using Knowledge Owl"

What do you like best?

I work as a freelancer and I do some work for Salsify, and I've found that Knowledge Owl is incredibly easy to use. Whether I'm uploading new article content, swapping out images, making revisions, etc., it's super user friendly. I like that I can use multiple instances of Knowledge Owl and while the content may change, the overall user experience remains the same.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything about Knowledge Owl that I dislike.

Each of our customers has a version of knowledge owl that they can access that walks them through a variety of articles, instructing them on how to use the Salsify software. Each instance of KO is specific to a customer so the actual article content may vary from customer to customer. Some information is standard, across all clients, so while we can upload or create general content that everyone can use, we can also have specific information based on the client.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Holly W.</span>
Holly W.

"Extremely Powerful and Well Designed Knowledgebase <3 "

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the application, the support, and most importantly how it helps me solve communication problems. I love how agile the application is and how they're constantly making awesome improvements. It's also extremely easy to use. I REALLY love their new owl too. His name is Linus and he's adorable. Everyone needs a Linus.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a negative thing to say about this company. They're epic. I've spent so much time in KO and am always so pleased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel like you're repeating yourself frequently, or even need a place to store important processes, procedures, ect KO is amazing. I've used other knowledge bases in the past with other companies and this company blows everyone out of the water. KO has my heart!

I'm primarily solving communication issues. I help to create efficient documentation. The benefits are that our company and customers have resources to documentation. It also saves many people in the company time as well as prevent a lot of redundancies.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Eliza L.</span>
Eliza L.

"Excellent customer service."

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl offers very responsive and helpful customer support. If I ask about a feature that's currently unavailable, they'll put in a request with their Development team to implement it within a few weeks. Their product is easy to use and if I have any questions, our rep is always quick to respond and patient with me.

The product itself is extremely easy to use, but offers a lot of nifty features and they're always introducing new ones.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike so far. KnowledgeOwl is still growing, so they might not have all the features you're looking for in a similar product, but they'll get there, especially if you specifically request certain enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent product for anybody who's looking for a knowledge base that's easy to use, but comes with lots of cool features, while not being extremely expensive.

Our company needed a knowledge base system for our product documentation. Putting this information into a knowledge base refreshes our help content and helps match the technology we offer with our products.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Mohamad E.</span>
Mohamad E.

"Great hosting solution"

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl is very easy to use for technical and non-technical personnel, very flexible (branding/ theming) and, overall, very fast.

I have reviewed comparable solutions, but KnowledgeOwl was perfect fit for a small technology company like ours.

Finally, the support we received has been awesome.

What do you dislike?

KnowledgeOwl does not support multi-languages directly, There is a way for developer to check for browser language setting. Although, this is doable, it makes the page very hard to maintain, and having a regular translator working with knowledgeOwl is far fetched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part of knowledgeOwl is the flexibility as an administrator: You can access almost every portion of the portal and change it to suit your exact needs. For instances, we needed to add a JScript to support displaying mathematical equations, integrate widgets from Zendesk, and other vendors, everything was accessible and right there.

We are hosting the support portal for NumXL SDK.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Blake W.</span>
Blake W.

"User-Friendly CMS"

What do you like best?

The team at knowledge owl was very helpful when I was looking for an easy to use content management system. I needed something that not only I could log into and use; my team uses Knowledge Owl as well. The support staff at knowledge owl helped me customize the CSS of my site, and they are always there when I have a question. Back-end layout is easy to use. User-facing content looks fantastic, and my users are very happy with how my knowledge base looks.

What do you dislike?

Would like more CSS control over individual pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More user friendly if you have other people than technical writers working in the CMS. I can have non-writer colleagues edit documentation easier in Knowledge Owl than in a DITA structure, etc.

Needed a knowledge base. Now I have a functioning knowledge base with user docs, troubleshooting guides, videos, and various other resources.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Darren M.</span>
Darren M.

"KnowledgeOwl - Helping to make 'Help' simple yet powerful"

What do you like best?

Efficient Content Management, ability to customise the UI and to use the API to integrate with our service desk. I also find that the product team are continuing to develop the product and their response to customer's needs is extremely agile.

What do you dislike?

There's room to improve the reporting and ability to share content across multiple KBs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to build or migrate a knowledgebase to a platform that will support better usability and more efficiency, then give it a try and you'll realise straight away how easy it is for any member of your team to get it setup and going.

To easily manage content-heavy help resources and to quickly and easily deploy variations of the same KB for different clients. Also to interface with our service desk for managing customer requests.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Christine D.</span>
Christine D.

"GREAT Performance Support Tool"

What do you like best?

There are many good features about this tool... from an admin perspective, I like the drag and drop Table of Contents, how easy it is to create an article; and, how quick it is to update it. Working in the cloud is the BEST!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike. This tool is so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. I have used multiple tools in response to our need for Performance Support and I highly recommend KnowledgeOwl over any other tool I have used, Ontuitive and RoboHelp to name the two main ones.

Performance Support for sales and operations teams worldwide. Most of our processes are the same or similar, but, it is still easy to copy and article and update it for regional differences.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Andrea P.</span>
Andrea P.

"Knowledge Owl Review"

What do you like best?

Easy user interface that allows for quick and efficient use of the product. Their user support was also very helpful. Searching for an article is always great. I like the setup of the product. It's really a create user interfact.

What do you dislike?

One cannot copy and paste images from a tool like Jing. Copying and pasting text works just fine, it's just the use of the "Copy/Paste" function with images that does not seem to work at all.

Providing our clients with an in depth understanding of our product. Clients are more self sufficient and less likely to contact support for easy day-to-day issues that can be addressed in the knowledge base. We also supply our clients with links to other important files using Knowledge Owl.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Maria J.</span>
Maria J.

"Easy to Implement and Maintain"

What do you like best?

We've used knowledge base for almost a year now as a tool for students and employees to find information. The best things about Knowledge Owl are 1) How easy it is to create and manage content and 2) The support provided by the team at Knowledge Owl.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the analytics were a little more robust but they do have documentation on how to incorporate Google Analytics, which has been helpful to us.

We are now able to provide 24/7 self-service for our students so they can easily locate policy and process information. As an online institution, it's important for them to find what they need, even when there isn't a live person available.

KnowledgeOwl review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Documentation is a breeze with Knowledge Owl!"

What do you like best?

I love that Knowledge Owl has such an amazing WYSIWYG experience (or HTML dump), you can drill down into multiple knowledge bases with sub articles, and the search is fantastic! The Support is so amazing as well, the team really knows their stuff and is so helpful and prompt! Oh! The roles you can set are fantastic as well, because they make it so you can have lots of different types of users -- read only users (public) vs editors and writers!

What do you dislike?

I would love a few more API capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! They have non-profit discounts as well, you won't find a cheaper, more easy to use software than them.

Easily made documentation. People tend to shy away from making documentation because it's "too hard" or "takes too much time". Knowledge Owl helps make things easy for people with no html experience, or all the HTML experience make beautiful documentation easily.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Rebecca C.</span>
Rebecca C.

"Solid Knowledgebase for Small Teams"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to store things into Knowledge owl as well as the ease of use for new employees to access the information. The interface is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the process of having to add each person as a user rather than giving everyone in the org access. Our knowledgeowl subscription only allowed for a few subscriptions which meant that we were constantly adding and removing people to ensure that everyone could access what was needed.

We got all of our documents in one general area and it helped us to organize our knowledgebase as well as new hire documents in one space.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Affordable tool, great support team"

What do you like best?

The development team has always been very responsive to questions and concerns. When an issue has been brought to their attention, they have consistently striven to respond and correct the issue promptly. It also helps a lot that the solution has been affordable, which allowed me to convince my company to give it a trial run to show whether it has value before they commit many resources to it.

What do you dislike?

The new text editor feels a bit too sterile, like it's trying to go the "Apple-style" that the industry is trending towards. In doing so, it feels like it actually making it less intuitive to use and is hiding some features (e.g. the "source" button is nowhere to be found now.)

I very much dislike this "dumbing down" direction that many software companies are trying to take, as it frustrates and alienates the more tech-savvy users who prefer the more "Windows" or "Android" style of app information being accessible and customizable.

Would rather the developers put effort into either a useful functionality for my organization, such as a mobile app that can sync the database contents when online and store them for offline use. Or that they spent more time in identifying and correcting several of the unexpected behaviors that continue in the software, such as an inconsistent and unusual Glossary term matching in articles, or what seems like a relatively poor article search engine (displays top hits that lack any words used in the search, while other articles have been created with those keywords in different order in the title/article tags/variations of search question/and synonyms for the words defined...).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the needs of your company as well as your budget. Knowledge Owl is a great tool if your needs revolve around a smaller organization or smaller number of authors, you want something that makes creating content relatively easy (compared to something like a wiki) and you have a relatively limited budget to work with. Be aware that the product may not be completely mature though, which is offset by the lower cost of the product.

I'm roughly 6 months in to beginning the service and due to not being able to have many authors for content, have held off in letting our end users know that this knowledge base exists so they wouldn't go look and then decide that content was so sparse they would never return. It's a tough crowd of a few hundred potential readers who are based in the "field," often have spotty Internet access and don't have much time to waste (a stark contrast from some people in an office who may have a little knowledge base.) I'm actually presenting roll out to users tomorrow!

If similar projects I've worked on have shown anything, there will be slow adoption by users, so it will likely take at least another 6 months before there is any hope of deriving some sort of possible improvement in our support case data that we track (i.e. "did having knowledge owl make a difference?") There are often no second chances to make first impressions with these kinds of things. Hoping that this builds value and prevents our users from having to make return travel visits to customer accounts and helps them resolve issues with knowledge rather than deciding to RMA equipment that has nothing wrong with it.

KnowledgeOwl review by User in Computer Software

"Integral to my Job! Excellent software"

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl is essential to how I communicate with my team, offer documentation, and make sure that we're all on the same page with process. It's easy to see that KnowledgeOwl is made with love and the decisions they make on how to build the software, what features to add, and how to implement them is driven by a deep desire to know how their users work and what they need.

If I didn't have KnowledgeOwl, we'd be lost at sea. KnowledgeOwl lets us help our customers with ease; it lets us be strong as a team and consistently give the best information and the best support possible.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything I dislike. Just like with any software, there is always something to do better or iterate on, but KnowledgeOwl gives great avenues to provide them feedback and they take it seriously and use it to better their product. If there's ever anything that doesn't fit with how we'd like to use it, KnowledgeOwl listens :)

We use KnowledgeOwl to write customer documentation and internal documentation for multiple departments. This has helped us solve a lot of internal communication challenges, provide excellent documentation for our support team to in turn provide great service to our users, and also provide world-class documentation for our customers.

The benefits we have realized are astronomical. The key one is that we can document our processes, our software, and anything we need to track in one, easily organized, easily searchable, easily legible location. A benefit for our team is that when we have new employees join our company, they have an excellent resource already available to them to quickly and throughly get up to speed with how our company runs. Onboarding to our team is a snap with KnowledgeOwl.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"Ease at Your Fingertips"

What do you like best?

The search feature allows our customer base to easily find what they are looking for instead of scouting all over the site.

What do you dislike?

We use the LOGIN button which is located all the way to the right of the screen. If it were closer to the SEARCH feature, the customers would be able to click on it right away before using the SEARCH. This has been our biggest complaint from the employees that have used it since implementation.

We, as a school district, train over 9,000 employees and are constantly improving our resources. This application has allowed us to do just that by making it so easy to revise resource material on the backend.

Administrator in Internet

"Great Knoweledge base solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to structure the articles exactly as you see fit. Nesting different collections into categories that can then have articles inside is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The statistic and reporting elements are a bit weak at the moment. Currently the stats that are shown are Views and Quality Views. Would love to see a actual average time spent on article. Most common place they came from (search, category, other article) and most common place they went to next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KnowledgeOwl has been an incredible company to work with. Their support is crazy fast and extremely helpful. Their offering for a knowledgebase is second to none.

They have a huge range of features and functionality, and they seem committed to expanding based on customer demand and feedback.

Providing self-serve information to customers looking to learn more about our product or looking to seek a solution to an issue they are facing.

We needed a way to quickly and effectively produce and share support documentation and walkthroughs with our customers.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Marvin L.</span>
Marvin L.

"Knowledge Owl Experience"

What do you like best?

Broad range of functionality: highly flexible design for KBs, features available work well. I like the control available for reviewing and turning on articles, organizing them, and tagging/searching

, great customer service: team responds promptly. Requests for help are answered through email.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time using the color picker when referencing our corporate website. It wouldn't automatically pull in the colors.

Also notable is the feature for adding jpegs or other graphic files to the articles: you have to add them to the library by using an attachment-like feature for importing from you local files. This adds the file to your file library, from which point you must add it to your articles. This could be made into a shorter process by adding drag-drop file upload maybe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great solution if you are looking for Knowledge Base core functionality.

Trying to prevent calls to our help desk.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Clint M.</span>
Clint M.

"I think KO is a GREAT VALUE... I use it all the time and enjoy. "

What do you like best?

Such a great value...

1. Great Price

2. Easy to use

3. Controlled User Group Experiences

4. Looks great on mobile platform

5. CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT

What do you dislike?

I don't love the table features... sometimes it's difficult to work with... especially copy paste of Excel. I wish it had some better options for formatting tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the admin takes appearance very seriously... it can be a very good tool when used correctly.

Communication to Sales & Marketing in a fast paced, always changing industry. I'm able to make changes with date stamps that allows user to know they are up to date with information. I also love the terms section.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Kelly A.</span>
Kelly A.

"Amazing Backend and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Knowledge Owl is comprised of compassionate, dedicated, and talented staff - and it shows in their product. The software is user-friendly, and customer-centered. The software allows companies to meet their needs, wants, and grow as necessary. If you have questions, someone is there to answer, fix, and help.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There's literally nothing in my experience working with them that I dislike. They're amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

We needed three separate knowledge bases that serve various stakeholders for various purposed. We needed to access and manage both content and users in one simplified space. And Knowledge Owl provided us that space. They also worked intimately to rebrand and customize features for us.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Gabriel C.</span>
Gabriel C.

"Easy to use by anyone and great support team !"

What do you like best?

Simple web base interface that's easy to use by anyone in the company.

Great features that really help you manage the life cycle of your knowledge articles.

Any questions or problem you have, just contact the support team and they are always there to help !

We really enjoy our experience :)

What do you dislike?

Maybe more language interface (French for example)

We have a lot of good employee that will soon retire and since we could not clone them, mapping their knowledge in KnowledgeOwl is the next best thing !

This will ensure that all those years of experience will not get lost as people leave the company.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Kevin V.</span>
Kevin V.

"Excellent service/response"

What do you like best?

Quite simply, the service and responsiveness and "personal attention" I received from the team in the beginning (when it was still gizmo). I have used the site very little over the last year (other members of my team have taken over responsibility)

What do you dislike?

Hard to say, but perhaps the WYSIWIG editor (again this might be outdated info) tended to do some strange things to the source HTML sometimes. I generally only worked in the source HTML after a while.

We needed an online help manual for our SaaS platform, and had several secondary features we wanted (widgets, etc) for future

Administrator in Internet

"Incredibly competitive offering coming from a small team"

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl seems to have an incredible keen sense on what people are looking for in a knowledge base tool. They make a point of doing this really well, and not clouding it with other services/solutions that impact their ability to offer a great tool.

What do you dislike?

If there's anything we dislike, we reach out to them and they have a solution for us quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to them! They're very happy to help assist with any questions you have.

We wanted to offer our users the ability to find answers to many questions they were looking for, without necessarily requiring reaching out to our support team. This helped expand our self service option so that we could focus our time on other areas of our business. This helped tremendously as we are a small team.

Administrator in Internet

"Easy to use with good support"

What do you like best?

Good controls and ability to link knowledge bases to each other so you only have to update once and have changes reflected on all Kbs. Also good customer service and support when I got stuck or needed advice

What do you dislike?

FAQ and index pages - could be prettier!

We needed to provide an online knowledge base to support our web platform in realtime as we are an agile tech company who release updates and changes almost weekly. Our solid state solutions weren't able to keep up and weren't scalable so it was time to move our help online.

Using Knowledge Owl has enabled us to make regular updates to our platform support documents as the site develops and new release are launched, in a professional, easy to manage way.

KnowledgeOwl review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Knowledge Owl review"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use, logging into the editing portal is easy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that pasting is not a seamless process and keeping/changing formatting upon doing so is very difficult. Countless times I've lost work when creating content because I've had to move away from Knowledge Owl and was logged out and this work was not recovered. This is extremely frustrating. I've also noticed that the formatting has changed in articles I've created in the past where the anchor and links are no longer showing up as they should. I will have to go back into all of my articles and make changes.

Knowledge owl has allowed us to create articles to use internally allowing staff to self serve.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Excellent service and customer support"

What do you like best?

The team at KnowledgeOwl is one of the best I've worked with! They are quick to respond, always helpful and going above and beyond to offer support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I think everything I've used so far has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend KnowledgeOwl. Everyone is so helpful and the system is a wonderful way to share knowledge with customers. We've been very happy with the customer support especially, but also the software itself. It's easy for customers to use and easy to input our data.

We are using KnowledgeOwl to offer a service that helps families navigate the college process. The system makes it easy to support clients and provide all kinds of knowledge and information.

KnowledgeOwl review by User in Internet

"Good overall experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Extensible.

Data collection.

Linked articles are really useful.

What do you dislike?

When I copy and paste text, KO adds spans with formatting info. I want to be able to copy and paste without any formatting (CTRL-SHIFT-v).

Synonym library doesn't allow spaces, so I can only add single words. I want to be able to add multi-word phrases (for example: end user).

Ability to use related article feature without autogenerated related articles (I want to choose which articles are in the related articles category).

Ability to convert categories to articles.

Search could be a lot better.

Better wiziwig - easier access to source/output comparison.

Need better versioning options for categories.

Ability to bulk edit.

Problems with previous tool:

It lacked support for many standard product documentation authoring and user features.

It lacked support for implementing modern web features.

The search sucked.

Benefits of KO:

It is a help-authoring tool, designed for technical writers, which means it has:

A simple editor as well as access to topic source

Standard editor/writer/review workflow for content

Topic versioning: multiple versions of a topic can be in draft form.

Content reuse: dynamic templates, snippets to keep all content in-sync.

Semantic styling: tagging of content bits for easy restyling.

It is a modern web tool, which means out-of-the-box we get:

Cloud hosting for the tool and docs

Instant publish/build/re-index of the entire doc site

SEO tools (refine categories, related articles, recommend pages, search phrases, synonyms, exclude-from-search, a Google Custom Search option)

Responsive design (try it on your mobile device!)

Standard reports, Google Analytics option

User comments, ratings, search suggestions, other self-help stuff

Contact form with search integration

Link by topic ID, not topic title (to prevent broken links)

Easy access to the power of web programming (e.g., REST APIs, site-wide and topic styling and scripting)

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Best support ever."

What do you like best?

The team -- they helped a lot with customizing their interface for our needs, and are super helpful with custom coding work and so on. Also, the look is "fresh" and the interface is easy. They've also been very responsive when we've run into issues.

The solution is great, simply put - it works. I love that it's web-based and that there is no XML or download required, and that anyone can log in and figure out how to use it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that other users require extra payment. I think you should allow at least 2 users (one to write, one to edit/approve).

The integration with Zendesk broke at one point, so we had a lot of tickets going to "nowhere" and didn't know it. We only found out when we started receiving comments about not responding to help requests. Once we found out, the team at KnowledgeOwl was super fast in looking into what happened and ultimately we removed the integration altogether. There was no way to review the tickets sent/forms completed, so that is something they could add - an internal storage somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a lightweight solution, no software or XML required, and have a single product offering, it's a great tool. You pay for every "knowledgebase" you offer though, so if you need multiple solutions you may want to look into the heavy hitters in this space.

It's our help system for the users of our product. We also use a hidden category for our internal release notes.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Susan S.</span>
Susan S.

"KnowledgeOwl Feedback"

What do you like best?

The technical support I receive is outstanding. As for the system itself, I'm not a very technical person, but the system is very easy to use. Customizable to whatever your heart desires. From a user perspective, it is very easy to navigate around and find sources of information.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the glossary function updating to the articles working better. I would also like to see a way we can easily link a document from a drive to an article, either a word, PDF or spreadsheet.

We are using this piece as a central location for all company documentation including policies, procedures, contacts and will use this for training purposes.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Josh N.</span>
Josh N.

"Protecting Our Core Values"

What do you like best?

Incredible support that goes above and beyond

Clean and simple user interface

Powerful back end

What do you dislike?

The only wish I had, is to have found this product sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to support. They are incredibly helpful

We have been very lucky to experience rapid growth due to our unique approaches in our industry. Unfortunately, rapid growth is very dangerous for many companies, because the growth distracts them, and they lose sight of what made the successful in the first place.

We were desperately searching for a solution that would allow us to retain and promote our culture in a simple, but powerful, knowledge base platform. We tested many products, but Knowledgeowl was the simplest and most effective to use. In addition, the support has been incredible. I really feel like they are in this with us, not just selling a product. I highly recommend this product!

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Amber S.</span>
Amber S.

"Easy, Online, Shared Resource"

What do you like best?

Knowledge Owl creates an easy to create and share platform for information, articles, manuals and resources. Our company uses it to develop standard practices and share articles like How-Tos, Helpful Links and other informational resources

What do you dislike?

The menu format doesn't allow for much creative variation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good platform for creating an in-house resource. Some knowledge of we'd development required

Being able to create, share, update in-house articles. Able to export PDF versions or share links.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Jay S.</span>
Jay S.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

The company is responsive in a timely manner and works to make adjustments to meet our needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time is disagreeable from my perspective. I'm not involved with invoicing, network implementation, etc. so can't speak to that.

Provide an accessible site for our staff to read articles and get help. It's a clean, searchable interface that is more modern and flexible than our previous space.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Lisa D.</span>
Lisa D.

"Review of KnowledgeOwl by Benefitnext"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to set up initially. There are a lot of features that we are not yet using I'm sure.

What do you dislike?

In the past I have felt that the editor was limited and not overly easy to use but now that I am used to it, it is OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service.

We use Knowledge Owl to build our product Knowledge Base (help information).

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

"Great product - great support"

What do you like best?

Consistently adding new features and support is lightning fast.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more import options like Word, gDoc etc and converted them into KO friendly documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the trial and play around with the interface to get a feel if it's a fit.

Knowledge sharing and SOP creation.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Pamela D.</span>
Pamela D.

"Its been awesome, our team has benifited greatly "

What do you like best?

The ability to change content is our business changes

What do you dislike?

It times out, to quickly. Wish I could change the colors and layout,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome work tool!!!

Our team has all work instructions in one place. It can be changes as our needs change. quick access to all our information and instructions.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Alison F.</span>
Alison F.

"Love it! Use it Everyday...and so do all our users!"

What do you like best?

It's usability, responsiveness, the versioning, the ease of use. Great value for a great price for a non-profit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to format within the article - even using the HTML, it doesn't seem to always work right.

End to End Business Process Documentation, Updates to Users on system changes.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Leslie S.</span>
Leslie S.

"Great software for designing help sites"

What do you like best?

KnowledgeOwl has been easy to use and upate. The image handling lets you create new help articles quickly and to swap out out-of-date screenshots.

What do you dislike?

Hard to track what needs updating; would like more tools to export/tag

Made a help site for a small software company with a global reach.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.

"Easy to use knowledge base"

What do you like best?

The software is very simple and easy to use. Users with very little technical skills were able to pick it up easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when copying and pasting from external documents, we had trouble getting the formatting to come over correctly. It added some extra time on our end.

We have a internal team of around 100 users that need to we need to share knowledge and guidelines with. We were using it to promote consistency within our company.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Paxton A. S.</span>
Paxton A. S.

"Principal"

What do you like best?

Setup is extraordinarily easy and the Knowledge Owl team is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have a more robust glossary system.

Knowledge Owl allows our teams to have a common understanding of processes and terms.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to work with, even if you know little to nothing about setting up a knowledge base system. Also, the communication is great.

What do you dislike?

When attempting to merge different types of documents into the system, charts don't transfer over well.

Having readily available information at my employee's fingertips. We are able to get direct communication regarding how things need to be changed to make the information more easily understood and user friendly.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Anna H.</span>
Anna H.

"Using KnowledgeOwl has been a huge benefit for our company"

What do you like best?

It enables us to easily communicate and direct employees to one single source for all of our learning and documentation. It streamlines what would otherwise be a very complicated process.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with it! No complaints and perfectly meets our current business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource for enabling your employees. We recommend it for onboarding and for communicating throughout different projects.

Streamlining operations, education and communication with our employees.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The ease for the customers to use this is wonderful! Not difficult and the end user has no difficulty in navigating anything they need. Great format!

What do you dislike?

Would like it to be a bit easier to manage with the groups, but this might be a training issue at this point.

Biggest problem we had before was the search-ability of the content in how it was presented. However, moving to Knowledgowl has resolved that problem!

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Works well for what I need, but could always improve"

What do you like best?

It allows me to do everything I need to do and get all the information to the team members who need it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the permissioning systems good be better. That might be user error on my team, but we run into complications around who can see what.

We are improving our flow of communication and learning-based initiatives. This has helped onboard new staff and support continuing staff in their professional development.

KnowledgeOwl review by User in Internet

"Great tool, great service, great overall!"

What do you like best?

It is a really versatile tool, I love the editing capabilities. It is quite easy to accomplish whatever you need! I love the service too. If something goes wrong, they are quick to fix it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet that I can tell. I have not run into any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, make sure you work with the team, great product!

Solving the problem for needing to provide internal resource guide for employees.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Sandy M.</span>
Sandy M.

"Easy to use and manage content"

What do you like best?

Our training team uses KnowledgeOwl to promote our webinars. The ability to use templates and copy existing articles means I can create new pages in a snap!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a thing. I am only using this tool to create landing pages and it works for my needs!

Webinar promotion. These articles can be used as landing pages with a clear and prominent call to action!

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Useful tool, slow build when images involved. "

What do you like best?

Flexibility of setting up tags, review process / draft mode. Search tags were useful and returned optimized results.

What do you dislike?

Unable to copy/paste images. Tedious to have to save all images uniquely when I essentially already have the KB article written and really just need to upload it to KO.

Easier access to troubleshoot software issues for clients without having to submit a support ticket with our staff.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Steve F.</span>
Steve F.

"Our organization recently converted from a printed franchise operations manual to Knowledge Owl"

What do you like best?

The support is incredible. Internally in our own organization, I often tell coworkers how timely and helpful your support staff are. The technology and platform is also great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far--this box probabaly should not have a minimum character count

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. The support is incredible

No more need to print expensive paper copies and redistribute to 100+ franchise owners. Video capabilities are also very useful

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Overall it has served our purpose well."

What do you like best?

It's a convenient way to generate various FAQs and protocols.

What do you dislike?

Would like it to be more object oriented and drag and drop to organize topics better. As one topic may start off belonging to a sub category, however over time may become large enough to require it's own category.

Offering to customers as a means of instructions or outlining requirements of our software and configurations.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Dave T.</span>
Dave T.

"Great Knowledge Base Software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Organizes content in a clear, organized and concise manner.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it times out and you have to log back in. I think that may be something on our end though. Not certain it is a software issue.

Collaborating on a large project with a big group of people and a lot of data is much easier thanks to Knowledge Owl.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"An honest admin review of KO"

What do you like best?

Reports on what our users are searching for, tagging articles, easy to use interface on the admin side.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far in our experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial, contact their firendly support and other business who use KO

We are building a better knowledge base for our clients that is easily searchable and has a friendly user interface.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Ease to design and edit. Aesthetics. Mutli platform view.

What do you dislike?

Copy and paste-having to first put in word edit.

Wish it could have more options to have drop downs within lists.

Search for items within folders

Sharing large amount of resources with my team. Great to have it housed all in one place.

KnowledgeOwl review by User in Financial Services

"KnowledgeOwl is the Best!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to work on. We enter in guidelines, announcement, and forms daily and KO is a breath of fresh air to do the job!

What do you dislike?

When overwriting a upload in the Library; the cache must be constantly cleared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system! Highly recommend it!

None

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"very helpful"

What do you like best?

the organisation of the folders and sub folders

What do you dislike?

that I have to sort from A-Z manually

that when I perform a search, it will not tell from which folder/subfolder the result is

it helps to pull in all the information in my company and share them globally

KnowledgeOwl review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Effective!"

What do you like best?

Knowledge Owl is easy to use and the support staff are supremely supportive and responsive!

What do you dislike?

Page formatting does not always do what I want it to do. Bullets and numbering of items are to rigid and difficult to format. I wish it worked more like Word.

We maintain all of our company training documentation, policy and process documentation and deployment, go-to resources of how-to and best practices instructions and checklists.

Every department and location, across 13 states uses our Knowledge Base.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Nick F.</span>
Nick F.

"Room for growth but a solid knowledge suppository!"

What do you like best?

The automation of the signup/password reset process.

What do you dislike?

The limits of an article. Would like to see ability to import a word or excel file to populate an article.

Availability of information outside of need for a VPN.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator

"Change Mgmt. Lead"

What do you like best?

Knowledge owl is easy to use both from an administration perspective and an user perspective.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there were an auto save (have lost work/had to retype)

used for assisting in training of community

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Hiring Manager/KB Article Content Creator"

What do you like best?

I like the idea that we are able to section off different parts of the Knowledge base based on the readers level of access

What do you dislike?

I dont like the fact that certain web browsers allow you to resize pictures using drag, and some dont

We are training our new employees with the knowledgebase. I wish there was a slide show format to go through an entire section of the KB

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Jamie T.</span>
Jamie T.

"Great product, headed in the right direction"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Easy to setup and assign users to roles.

What do you dislike?

Editing can only be done in browser - no option for uploading

Streamlining procedures for consistent service.

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent set up to review for our guidelines, matrix and products"

What do you like best?

Very is to navigate for our employees to search for guidelines and new recent updates

What do you dislike?

Not really much to dislike about the product except we have now found out how to enter in the key words for when they search so this helps

This has solved many problems as in regards to the amount of information the system can hold, archive etc

KnowledgeOwl review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use, great pricing, very flexible, outstanding service."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, flexibility, and the ability to meet my company's KB goals without unnecessary complexity..

What do you dislike?

Single Sing On from multiple source URLs would be very valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to existing customers, and then demo their product.

Making support documentation available to customers in an easy to use platform. Customer reviews of our KB have been very positive.

Learning about KnowledgeOwl?

* We monitor all KnowledgeOwl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.