KnowledgeOwl

Showing 63 KnowledgeOwl reviews
KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Jim O.</span>
Jim O.

Excellent Customer Service and Tool

What do you like best?

The tool is super easy for our users. Each and every time that I have had a roadblock - KO has been there with different solutions - sometimes going above what i was even thinking possible. I like that KO gives you access to style the KB to your liking - access to all parts header/css/login screen etc.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. If i need something then i ask KO and their response and support is unmatched.

At the start we had the need to have two separate knowledge bases, but 40% shared content. KO was able to meet our needs and create new functionality which pulled content from a single source. Another time, we had different login requirements for each KB and KO was able to make adjustments so that we could tailor the login process to each to match the internal clients requirements. On group wanted comments - BAM! KO adds the ability to makes comments on posts. I have a long list and each time KO has delivered.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about KnowledgeOwl
KnowledgeOwl review by <span>John A.</span>
John A.

Knowledge Owl for SaaS

What do you like best?

We originally went with Knowledge Owl because it was light-weight and did not enforce a ticketing and chat customer support as part of the package--as we use someone else's platform for these purposes. We were mainly interested in a Wordpress-y type knowledge base that would allow us to point customers and not worry about constructing a complex file structure for a knowledge base.

The software's design is pretty customizable so you can have your own branding at no extra cost. There's strong typographical and design decisions that make complex workflows easily readable by customers.

What do you dislike?

The design themes and interface aren't hugely modern and don't feel terribly resilient sometimes. There have been some security concerns as well: for a while, if you googled "knowledge owl login", Google would provide you with a link that looked like Knowledge Owl and would accept your credentials, but it would not be pointing at knowledgeowl's domain (as far as I could see). Occasionally the UI on the administrator end was not quite as intuitive, but on the whole things were discoverable.

We're B2B SaaS and we offer customer support through a chat line. KnowledgeOwl worked great for us because we didn't want an entire system that included ticketing, but we wanted something that would play nice with our DNS and allow us to point customers to more complicated workflow education. Knowledge Owl hit that sweet spot, and it's freed up our time significantly to do other important things (development, sales, meaningful customer interaction).

What Customer Self-Service solution do you use?

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Joshua C.</span>
Joshua C.

A wise choice for your knowldge base.

What do you like best?

For anyone who has used KnowledgeOwl one of the first things you will notice is it just works. The setup and usage are super intuitive and I have never once needed to ask for help in how to set something up or use the application. - Well done!

You have granular control over access to your knowledge based to make this either internal or public facing and can even have as our organization does sections for each team.

Styling your KB is easy as 1.2.3 and you don't need to know any coding to get up and running but have absolute control to add your own custom HTML, CSS and Javascript! In addition you can include tracking codes and other tools that might be useful to solve your problems.

What do you dislike?

If you follow these guys on twitter you will see way too many cute owl photos. This can be immersing and you may loose hours of productivity gawking at how cute they are. :D

Our organization uses KnowledgeOwl as our customer facing knowledge based which our customers LOVE as well as a tool for internal documentation to house a library of articles and how to's for our new employees and remote workers.

Each of our departments has their own KB which put relevant knowledge within easy access for each employee while ensuing for security of more sensitive information.

I have tried to think of what life without KnowledgeOwl would be like and indeed it is a stark existence.

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Caitlin M.</span>
Caitlin M.

Easy to use solution for central communication and documentation

What do you like best?

Foldering/navigation, versioning, ability to restrict access by IP or password, ease of use of the editor, ability to customize look/feel of the knowledge base using the robust bult-in style editor as well as custom CSS (this is a big one for me).

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything! I've never run into any issues that couldn't be easily solved by contacting support or searching their documentation.

My company uses KnowledgeOwl for customer-facing documentation, and it's been an invaluable resource. It is so incredible to be able to copy/paste a link to or a section of a document, instead of repeating ourselves over and over again for common questions in chat/tickets. The amount of documentation we have written (and how well organized it is, thanks to KnowledgeOwl) has also greatly reduced the need for our customers to contact support. So awesome!

My department also uses KnowledgeOwl for internal documentation/communications, as well as housing documents/processes the entire team needs access to. This has been great for streamlining communication, keeping things consistent and accessible, and making sure everyone is on the same page. We love it!!

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Kate M.</span>
Kate M.

Excellent product and great support

What do you like best?

Everything, basically. The product itself is easy, straightforward, and intuitive, and good new features and functionality are always being added. But above all, I love the staff and support. I feel like Marybeth is practically part of my own team at times--she always gets back to me quickly and offers a variety of solutions to a problem, and the team at KO has been great handling some custom requests or fast-tracking things we desperately needed.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there's nothing to dislike here, though I cannot wait for the new editor to be out of beta and permanently live!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do the free trial--we ran several PoCs off of the trial and Marybeth and Pete helped us play around with different ways to import all of our existing content from our previous vendor, etc. And if KO doesn't currently do something you want, explain it and ask them about it--they've been great to us!

We use KO for the help documentation for our own SaaS application. Most importantly, the API and the "pages to recommend on" functionality has allowed us to provide an in-app contextually relevant help menu for our end-users, which has made our own help documentation much more user-friendly and readily-accessible (and has increased its usage).

KnowledgeOwl review by <span>Shannon F.</span>
Shannon F.

Freelancer using Knowledge Owl

What do you like best?

I work as a freelancer and I do some work for Salsify, and I've found that Knowledge Owl is incredibly easy to use. Whether I'm uploading new article content, swapping out images, making revisions, etc., it's super user friendly. I like that I can use multiple instances of Knowledge Owl and while the content may change, the overall user experience remains the same.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything about Knowledge Owl that I dislike.

Each of our customers has a version of knowledge owl that they can access that walks them through a variety of articles, instructing them on how to use the Salsify software. Each instance of KO is specific to a customer so the actual article content may vary from customer to customer. Some information is standard, across all clients, so while we can upload or create general content that everyone can use, we can also have specific information based on the client.

Learning about KnowledgeOwl?

* We monitor all KnowledgeOwl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.