Koha

3.5

Koha.org offers a functionally advanced version of Koha and ready access to the most experienced Koha software support company in the industry, LibLime.

Work for Koha?

Learning about Koha?

Koha Reviews

Showing 3 Koha reviews
Koha review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Koha Free Library System Review"

What do you like best?

What I really like about this is that it's really easy to search for things on here. Meaning it's really user friendly. I've worked with other systems where the sidebars are so tiny and there are so many tabs you have to click. Koha makes it really simple and clear to use. All the print is large and everything is clearly labeled. You don't need to be a master to learn how to use this.

What do you dislike?

What I didn't like is the first week at my new job, I couldn't log into it. We use it at my library to assist patrons, check things in and out to students, staff and faculty. But there were a couple of days I was here by myself and I couldn't check anything out to anyone because I couldn't get into the system. It took my company some time to figure out why I couldn't get in right away. I wish the turn around time was a lot quicker.

We use Koha to check items in and out to students and faculty, and the students use it to look up items they are researching. Even though we live in the age of technology and the students usually don't need much assistance from us, even the older population on campus rarely ask us questions about how to use Koha. It's very simple to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Koha
Koha review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Useful, agile software but not perfect"

What do you like best?

First off let me state that the searching feature for this software is phenomenal and goes off without a hitch. You are also able to attach notes to each users account which makes tracking notes and reminders much easier, this might be the most useful part of this software as other softwares I am familiar with either dont offer this function at all, or fall short of providing a comparable feature. There is a wealth of statistics that can be learned through the softwares reports features. The interface is friendly and works smoothly. I hope to get my current school division to adopt this program as we are currently using an older platform at my new job.

What do you dislike?

Since the software is SO customizable it can cause the system to lag. Like I said, for someone unfamiliar with this software it might be overwhelming due to the vast array of options and customizations you can select. The lag and jumpyness can be an issue especially if you are running an older computer or running several programs in the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your staff properly trained! Make sure everyone is on board and ready to adopt a new system. it makes all the difference in the world. This software can save your staff so much headache and busy work when properly integrated.

We have eliminated the need for multiple programs by adopting Koha. Before we had one program for check outs and user statistics and another for account notes. our workflow has increased and the smoothness of the library has improved, especially when we are short staffed or we have a fill in worker.

What Library Management solution do you use?

Koha review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Versitile but glitchy"

What do you like best?

The item searching works better then other systems that I have worked with including ALEPH. I also like the ability to add messages to patron accounts. I also like the multiple notification settings. Since most everything is hyperlinked it makes the system very easy to navigate. Also cataloging is pretty simple in this system.

What do you dislike?

System has issues when it comes to consortiums. Patron searching does not work as well as other systems. The fact that the system is so customizable is both a blessing and a curse. There is a lot that can be done in way of reports and settings, but it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly customizable. A good option if you have someone who is into programming on staff, but you can get by with out it if your are hosted.

This is an ILS for a library. It is much more user friendly than our previous system. It has simplified our workflow and we hope that it will improve more as we continue to use the product. The notification features are a big benefit that our patrons greatly appreciate.

There are not enough reviews of Koha for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Apollo ILS/LSP Logo
Apollo ILS/LSP
4.8
Apollo library automation is an award winning system solely for public libraries.
Destiny Library Manager Logo
Destiny Library Manager
3.9
Destiny Library Manager is an interactive solution that allows librarians and staff to keep real-time track of inventory and media assets and allows students digital means of discovery and reading.
Alma Logo
Alma
3.3
Alma is a library management solution that supports your library operations from selection to meta management, digitization, and fulfillment that helps you consolidate, manage and extend workflows systems and more.
Sierra ILS Logo
Sierra ILS
3.7
Sierra is a library system that provides automated workflows, integrated resource management, and open access to data.
Polaris ILS Logo
Polaris ILS
3.5
The Polaris ILS is designed to provide a scalable software solution with powerful staff tools and an intuitive experience for patrons.
SirsiDynix Symphony Logo
SirsiDynix Symphony
3.5
SirsiDynix Symphony provides a proven core for the next generation in library technology: the BLUEcloud LSP.
WorldShare Management Services Logo
WorldShare Management Services
2.9
WorldShare Management Services (WMS) is an integrated suite of cloud-based library management applications.
Alexandria Logo
Alexandria
3.9
Alexandria library automation software empowers librarians and patrons with customizable interfaces, set-up, and hosting options. Access your catalog from any device on any browser - no apps needed! Plus, with 24/7 customer support, we're here for you every step of the way.
Millennium ILS Logo
Millennium ILS
3.4
Millennium integrated library system (ILS) is a global library technology company.
LibraryH3lp Logo
LibraryH3lp
3.7
LibraryH3lp is software used by libraries, educators, and non-profits for better customer service.

Learning about Koha?

* We monitor all Koha reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.