Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central

The Kronos Workforce Central® suite was built on the belief that you shouldn’t have to sacrifice the features and functionality you want for the simplicity you need. It puts time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, payroll, hiring, and labor analytics into a single integrated workforce management system that can help your organization be more productive, reduce labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve employee engagement.

Work for Kronos Workforce Central?

Learning about Workforce Central?

Kronos Workforce Central Reviews

Ask Workforce Central a Question
Showing 237 Workforce Central reviews
Workforce Central review by <span>Ashley R.</span>
Ashley R.
Validated Review

Kronos - easy time card access

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to log hours in the workplace by using Kronos. It is not a complicated tool. It is a tool that I feel more companies should implement because of the practicality and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There is not a thing I dislike about Kronos. There was no training that was necessary to become a pro at using Kronos to keep track of my hours. One thing I dislike - is more from a company standpoint because my company does not utilize the mobile app. I feel like this would be key to employees who may be home sick on a day where the time card needs approval. This then leads to the employee having to approve the time card late when they get back into the office. With the app, said employee would be able to easily do this from their mobile phone while at home, and not hold up the payroll process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Easy to use, no training necessary.

I do not solve business problems with Kronos, I simply use it as an employee. It makes for logging time off, whether planned or unplanned, simple. I simply approve my time card after the 2 week pay period, and get paid the following week. Simple as that! If I did use it at a greater capacity, I feel as though it would be a breeze and extremely helpful.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Adria Fischer of Workforce Central

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for the review on Workforce Central and I'm happy to hear that your experience is wonderful from an employee perspective. I agree that the mobile application would provide employees more flexibility with approving their time cards and accessing other information.

Adria Fischer

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Central
Workforce Central review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

Great all around tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Kronos is very streamlined and works great in a healthcare environment. The options to float hours, transfer hours between locations, and code worked hours for employees is critical when clinical staff move between units and teams in a single shift. For the employee, it is very self-managed and if implemented correctly it is not the expected time-consuming process for managers and supervisors once employees are held accountable. Tracking leaves, vacations, and sick time is very simple for all parties involved. Due to the amount of data that can be customized it allows for great report running not only for your team, but for the entire organization. When it comes to pay, you don’t want to skimp on your resources or you may risk legal repercussions when it comes to federal labor laws.

What do you dislike?

There can be a bit of a learning curve for managers when they’re supervising a large team (25+) of exempt, non-exempt, per diem, or on-call staff. Varying types of pay codes exist and in healthcare hours can be reflected very differently. The system can also be a little tricky when running a 24/7/365 operations such as a hospital, but fortunately there is support with Kronos. When employees are not held accountable for maintaining their weekly or bi-weekly time sheet it can fall heavily on managers to clean up/fix/submit dozens of leave requests and hours on their behalf. If you get ahead of this problem and make teams accountable it does not become much of an issue. As with any time keeping system training employee is always a challenge, but I would argue Kronos offers a simple setup for most learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement an annual training both for team members as well as supervising approvers. Federal labor laws can change at anytime so being prepared to educate what's required by the worker, but also by the manager will help protect the organization from legal investigations. Training is the most critical because one person cannot manage a large organization of time cards, and each individual needs to be held accountable regardless of their role.

With the Kronos database, operational leaders and our chief financial officer have started looking at labor metrics that have played a critical role in strategic initiatives. With changes in healthcare reimbursement we had to quickly start monitoring both employee hours, but have also managed to begin tracking contract labor hours – which in any healthcare institution is always present. By tracking both paid and contract labor we have much more accurate financials to build off for our other operational healthcare delivery efforts. A big factor in healthcare has been overtime for years, and with Kronos we’re able to identify areas with the most overtime down to the individual workers. Kronos has granted the organization a level of quality assurance, and it in return has protected the organization from time card fraud or mismanaged pay by managers.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Adria Fischer of Workforce Central

Hi John,

Thank you for the review on Workforce Central. Your feedback is important to us and please feel free to contact me to discuss training opportunities for your organization. Kronos can support you for additional training aimed at managers and supervisors.

Adria Fischer, adria.fischer@kronos.com

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Workforce Central review by <span>Matthew G.</span>
Matthew G.
Validated Review

Best clock in system I have ever used!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My favorite features of Kronos include the fact that I am able to clock at work at any workstation located within the hospital within a matter of 2 seconds or the swipe of a badge.

Another feature which has been extremely handy is having the ability to look at my direct deposit pay stubs before the checks are even sent to the bank, that way I can budget a few days before my money is made available.

Lastly, my favorite thing about Kronos is the fact it is accessible from work, my home computer, or my mobile device. That being said immediately upon logging in to Kronos I am able to see exactly how many hours and on what days I have worked, as well as how much PTO and sick pay I have accumulated over the course of a pay period.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike regarding Kronos is the ease of use for generating a time bank adjustment. For example, if I forget to clock in, I can add a missed punch adjustment; however, for some reason I cannot figure out how to add only one punch. Instead the software doesn't seem to allow you to enter only one missed punch, but requires you enter a punch in and punch out.

Coming from a millennial who considers themselves relatively tech savy, It's confusing and I end up needing my boss to adjust the time clock from their side in the end anyway because I have typically ended up messing up my timecard even more than it was to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work thoroughly recommend kronos to any business looking for a more efficient time banking system. I have worked for several large corporations ranging from retail to healthcare; all of which had their own time clock system, as an employee, Kronos is by far my favorite software bar none.

In my opinion, Kronos is kind of an all around great software for any business that is looking to monitor employee time cards and payroll. Kronos, especially when paired with its badge-swipe workstations are amazingly easy to clock in and out of, and automatically uploads that information to the online application. Not to mention HR and payroll departments can collect any payment preferences or time card reporting issues all in one convenient location.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Adria Fischer of Workforce Central

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the review on Workforce Central and I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoy using the clock as well as mobile application even though you're experiencing some trouble with missed punches. Last year, we launched a Workforce Mobile playlist on our YouTube channel that offers multiple tutorials for employee users. Please feel free to visit and see if these meet your needs and provide feedback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfCSBPqfLxg&list=PL7Vf5LnLdWtumHI5qIWkTfJCGcjpD4th4

Adria Fischer

Workforce Central review by <span>Joey T.</span>
Joey T.

Archaic and Practical

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It functions and with some graphic interface behind it. Once you understand Kronos logic, it's not difficult to navigate

What do you dislike?

It doesn't operate like other graphic interfaces, so you have to learn the Kronos GI logic. Which still employs some archaic practices. There are no simple buttons. I would suggest a Windows 10 layout, where large icons take you directly to your need, like inputing leave time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not really. I think there a program that is as practical as Kronos, and yet has a usability that can fit a more familiar interface.

We utilize it to monitor and put in our leave. I believe other departments at Clemson use more of the program than we do, but we use it to input leave. In terms of benefits, it simply catalogs leave, that's it. And it doesn't not do it incredibly easily.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Sharon Long of Workforce Central

Hi Joey– Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Central. I am sorry to hear that you find the graphic interfaces dated. I would love to talk about how you are using Kronos and show you more information on our new Workforce Dimensions product that has a new and modern design. Please feel free to touch base with me at Sharon.long@kronos.com.

Sharon

Workforce Central review by <span>Nick T.</span>
Nick T.

Kronos

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ability to view my time worked and the math automatically calculated within the application while I was an non-exempt user. Currently as an exempt user I use Kronos primarily for tracking my time off accruals and balances when used.

What do you dislike?

The reporting engine in our implementation of Kronos seems to be not user friendly. This may be caused by how the software is implemented to us as users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to say that Kronos is a great tool for tracking worked time and time off. Since I have worked for the company it's the only tool that we have used.

The primary focus of our company's implementation for Kronos is for Time and Attendance. Other departments within our company used the Time-Off Request module for tracking which is currently not used by my particular department within the company.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Amy Fafard of Workforce Central

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reviewing Kronos! It is great to hear that they system is accurately keeping track of your time!

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can help you learn how to navigate the system. There are also some excellent resources on the Kronos Community.

Thanks again,

Amy Fafard, amy.fafard@kronos.com

Workforce Central review by <span>Lexi K.</span>
Lexi K.
Validated Review

Not the most intuitive time sheet module

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that Kronos Workforce Central displays the time card and the accruals bank on the same page since I am always curious to see how my PTO is building up. You can also see time cards from previous weeks or future time cards which can be helpful. Another good feature is that is counts up your hours on the side as you enter in your time, to make sure you are meeting your weekly hours, (if you're an hourly employee, that is).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Kronos is not very intuitive. Particular the "pay code" section where you enter in other hours, like Sick Time, or PTO, when you are taking time off. What I find to be confusing is when you have to split your day between hours worked and hours off. For example, if you worked a half-day and left at noon for your vacation. The process is kind of challenging. Additionally, Kronos can be buggy at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only other time card software I've used is PayChex Flex. Kronos appears to be a bit more simple than PayChex, but it is probably a matter of personal preference. For example, Kronos does not provide a box for text, if you need to explain anything about your time card, whereas Paychex does.

Kronos is the quick and easy electronic way for employees, especially hourly employees, to track their bi-weekly hours and any time that has been taken off. I imagine from the finance department's perspective, it is a very helpful tool in process this information.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Sharon Long of Workforce Central

Hi Lexi – Thank you for your review of Workforce Central. I’m sorry to hear that you find the product not very intuitive and a bit buggy. I’d like to hear more about how you are using Kronos and any other feedback you might have about the system. Please reach out to me at Sharon.long@kronos.com

Sharon

Learn more about Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central Videos

Learning about Kronos Workforce Central?

* We monitor all Kronos Workforce Central reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.