Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central

3.7

The Kronos Workforce Central® suite was built on the belief that you shouldn’t have to sacrifice the features and functionality you want for the simplicity you need. It puts time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, payroll, hiring, and labor analytics into a single integrated workforce management system that can help your organization be more productive, reduce labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve employee engagement.

Work for Kronos Workforce Central?

Learning about Workforce Central?

Kronos Workforce Central Reviews

Ask Workforce Central a Question
Showing 373 Workforce Central reviews
Workforce Central review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Love this for time-keeping"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see everything, the ease of navigation and how easy it is to clock in and out. I like that I can clock in, clock out, check my earnings history and approve my time card within minutes. It keeps track of earning histories for 12 months so I can easily go back and print pay stubs off for specific dates. Came in handy when buying my car and my home. Would not want to use anything else. All of my coworkers like it as well.

What do you dislike?

I do no dislike anything about program. It's great. My only peeve is that I cannot access it offline. If we lose power or the internet goes out, we cannot clock in, clock out or check our time. We are not allowed to use our version with mobile so it can be annoying if I have to call my manger (who is in a different office) and ask her to clock me in and out. We live in a rural area though with sometimes poor internet and while being able to work offline would be great, I'm sure that not everyone will have this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any recommendations, it is pretty easy to use and basically self explanatory.

I can, check my punches, see what I need to fix before the end of the pay period, approve my time card and check earnings history all in one program.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Central
Workforce Central review by Samuel K.
Samuel K.

"Extremely professional support service"

What do you like best?

Kronos offers top notch support experience. The high quality level of support make up for some of the shortcomings in Workforce Central offerings. I definitely like the direction Kronos is heading with its Dimension offering. I am fully enamored by it but the migration path is a major concern as my company currently utilizes Kronos HR as well.

What do you dislike?

The product lacks built in workflow management that should be standard in an enterprise ERP system. Interfaces are less than desirable substitutes for an end to end workflow management feature. As I previously stated, I really like the Dimension product but the migration path for current Kronos HR customers must be made easier. Being forced to go through Workforce Ready as a transition stop is basically a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide an easier migration path to Dimenions for current Kronos HR customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time management, HR, and Payroll areas are what my company currently subscribe to. We are considering Performance and Absentee modules.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Workforce Central review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Great Product with great support behind it."

What do you like best?

Ease of use for end users. Straight forward from a business perspective with very little difficulty in navigating changes that need to be made to the system. I like my "partnership" with Kronos, I am not just a customer to them. This isn't always the way it was but it is now. I also like that I can call and get assistance from my Cloud contact, Customer satisfaction contact or our Sales Rep. Whenever I reach out to this group I get a response almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes aren't with the product they are with my end users using the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is a large organization but doesn't act like one. Anything that you will be a part of with Kronos will always be done with the highest standards. Ask a lot of questions of the Sales person your speaking with and most importantly, ask for customer references. I know what your thinking, they are going to provide only those that give positive glowing reviews, but remember this, positive glowing reviews sometimes come as a result of an issue that you might have worked through with your service provider. As a result of the actions taken and professionalism shown that would be why your review is what it is.

I have been called by potential customers of Kronos and have been honest with them about my experiences. A true business reference needs to be that way and not one sided in either way.

As a company, we are coast to coast, which means we have employees in CA, OR, AZ and NV. Each of these have some oddities that are easier to deal with having Kronos and being able to build out specific rule sets for each location. We have also been able to turn over the time card maintenance feature to our plant supervision with HR getting involved only when asked, to train, or on payroll day.

Workforce Central review by Vicki G.
Vicki G.

"It was a long process to get it working correctly."

What do you like best?

I like both programs, Telestaff and WFC, but wish there were a bit more flexibility in some areas. Reporting is still an issue for us, but we are working around it with some creativity.

What do you dislike?

Even after two years I do not feel that the department I work for got adequate training. Originally we were only going to use Telestaff and then 2 weeks before we went live we pulled our Civilian employees out of Telestaff. Officers use Telestaff, and Civilians use WFC. I am administrator of both. It's been trial and error throughout the process. A bit over a year after go live, May 27, 2017, things are going very well at last! Our payroll and time and attendance was a very manual process before Kronos. I have noticed that it now takes more time and more people to do what I did before, which is very surprising to me. Maybe it will smooth out over time. Either way, I am happy we are at this point of automation.

We are now paying our civilian employees following guidelines of the remainder of the City employees.

Workforce Central review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"From my CTO position Kronos is meeting our needs and capable of a lot more."

What do you like best?

I most like the team of individuals that we have had the opportunity to work with as we have implemented a few of their modules including, TimeKeeper, TeleStaff, HRIS and Payroll.

What do you dislike?

Our project implementations took a little longer than I had hoped they would have. As a result some of our internal and Kronos team members have changed roles. There is always someone else to take an open spot but it challenges to continuity a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Kronos team understands their modules and how they work. To be successful, it is dependent on the organization having defined rules, processes and procuders. With these, Kronos can build the necessary configurations to ensure the functionality matches. It is up to the company to have these things well documented, it will make implementation much easier.

Centralizing our timekeeping and hours calculation across all departments within the city has been very helpful. We will be seeing more accuracy in the calculations of our hours worked and payroll rules with easier management and oversight than we had previously.

Workforce Central review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Kronos - easy time card access"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to log hours in the workplace by using Kronos. It is not a complicated tool. It is a tool that I feel more companies should implement because of the practicality and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There is not a thing I dislike about Kronos. There was no training that was necessary to become a pro at using Kronos to keep track of my hours. One thing I dislike - is more from a company standpoint because my company does not utilize the mobile app. I feel like this would be key to employees who may be home sick on a day where the time card needs approval. This then leads to the employee having to approve the time card late when they get back into the office. With the app, said employee would be able to easily do this from their mobile phone while at home, and not hold up the payroll process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Easy to use, no training necessary.

I do not solve business problems with Kronos, I simply use it as an employee. It makes for logging time off, whether planned or unplanned, simple. I simply approve my time card after the 2 week pay period, and get paid the following week. Simple as that! If I did use it at a greater capacity, I feel as though it would be a breeze and extremely helpful.

Workforce Central review by John P.
John P.

"Great all around tool"

What do you like best?

Kronos is very streamlined and works great in a healthcare environment. The options to float hours, transfer hours between locations, and code worked hours for employees is critical when clinical staff move between units and teams in a single shift. For the employee, it is very self-managed and if implemented correctly it is not the expected time-consuming process for managers and supervisors once employees are held accountable. Tracking leaves, vacations, and sick time is very simple for all parties involved. Due to the amount of data that can be customized it allows for great report running not only for your team, but for the entire organization. When it comes to pay, you don’t want to skimp on your resources or you may risk legal repercussions when it comes to federal labor laws.

What do you dislike?

There can be a bit of a learning curve for managers when they’re supervising a large team (25+) of exempt, non-exempt, per diem, or on-call staff. Varying types of pay codes exist and in healthcare hours can be reflected very differently. The system can also be a little tricky when running a 24/7/365 operations such as a hospital, but fortunately there is support with Kronos. When employees are not held accountable for maintaining their weekly or bi-weekly time sheet it can fall heavily on managers to clean up/fix/submit dozens of leave requests and hours on their behalf. If you get ahead of this problem and make teams accountable it does not become much of an issue. As with any time keeping system training employee is always a challenge, but I would argue Kronos offers a simple setup for most learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement an annual training both for team members as well as supervising approvers. Federal labor laws can change at anytime so being prepared to educate what's required by the worker, but also by the manager will help protect the organization from legal investigations. Training is the most critical because one person cannot manage a large organization of time cards, and each individual needs to be held accountable regardless of their role.

With the Kronos database, operational leaders and our chief financial officer have started looking at labor metrics that have played a critical role in strategic initiatives. With changes in healthcare reimbursement we had to quickly start monitoring both employee hours, but have also managed to begin tracking contract labor hours – which in any healthcare institution is always present. By tracking both paid and contract labor we have much more accurate financials to build off for our other operational healthcare delivery efforts. A big factor in healthcare has been overtime for years, and with Kronos we’re able to identify areas with the most overtime down to the individual workers. Kronos has granted the organization a level of quality assurance, and it in return has protected the organization from time card fraud or mismanaged pay by managers.

Workforce Central review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Best clock in system I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

My favorite features of Kronos include the fact that I am able to clock at work at any workstation located within the hospital within a matter of 2 seconds or the swipe of a badge.

Another feature which has been extremely handy is having the ability to look at my direct deposit pay stubs before the checks are even sent to the bank, that way I can budget a few days before my money is made available.

Lastly, my favorite thing about Kronos is the fact it is accessible from work, my home computer, or my mobile device. That being said immediately upon logging in to Kronos I am able to see exactly how many hours and on what days I have worked, as well as how much PTO and sick pay I have accumulated over the course of a pay period.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike regarding Kronos is the ease of use for generating a time bank adjustment. For example, if I forget to clock in, I can add a missed punch adjustment; however, for some reason I cannot figure out how to add only one punch. Instead the software doesn't seem to allow you to enter only one missed punch, but requires you enter a punch in and punch out.

Coming from a millennial who considers themselves relatively tech savy, It's confusing and I end up needing my boss to adjust the time clock from their side in the end anyway because I have typically ended up messing up my timecard even more than it was to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work thoroughly recommend kronos to any business looking for a more efficient time banking system. I have worked for several large corporations ranging from retail to healthcare; all of which had their own time clock system, as an employee, Kronos is by far my favorite software bar none.

In my opinion, Kronos is kind of an all around great software for any business that is looking to monitor employee time cards and payroll. Kronos, especially when paired with its badge-swipe workstations are amazingly easy to clock in and out of, and automatically uploads that information to the online application. Not to mention HR and payroll departments can collect any payment preferences or time card reporting issues all in one convenient location.

Workforce Central review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Archaic and Practical"

What do you like best?

It functions and with some graphic interface behind it. Once you understand Kronos logic, it's not difficult to navigate

What do you dislike?

It doesn't operate like other graphic interfaces, so you have to learn the Kronos GI logic. Which still employs some archaic practices. There are no simple buttons. I would suggest a Windows 10 layout, where large icons take you directly to your need, like inputing leave time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not really. I think there a program that is as practical as Kronos, and yet has a usability that can fit a more familiar interface.

We utilize it to monitor and put in our leave. I believe other departments at Clemson use more of the program than we do, but we use it to input leave. In terms of benefits, it simply catalogs leave, that's it. And it doesn't not do it incredibly easily.

Workforce Central review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ability to view my time worked and the math automatically calculated within the application while I was an non-exempt user. Currently as an exempt user I use Kronos primarily for tracking my time off accruals and balances when used.

What do you dislike?

The reporting engine in our implementation of Kronos seems to be not user friendly. This may be caused by how the software is implemented to us as users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to say that Kronos is a great tool for tracking worked time and time off. Since I have worked for the company it's the only tool that we have used.

The primary focus of our company's implementation for Kronos is for Time and Attendance. Other departments within our company used the Time-Off Request module for tracking which is currently not used by my particular department within the company.

Workforce Central review by Lexi K.
Lexi K.

"Not the most intuitive time sheet module"

What do you like best?

I like that Kronos Workforce Central displays the time card and the accruals bank on the same page since I am always curious to see how my PTO is building up. You can also see time cards from previous weeks or future time cards which can be helpful. Another good feature is that is counts up your hours on the side as you enter in your time, to make sure you are meeting your weekly hours, (if you're an hourly employee, that is).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Kronos is not very intuitive. Particular the "pay code" section where you enter in other hours, like Sick Time, or PTO, when you are taking time off. What I find to be confusing is when you have to split your day between hours worked and hours off. For example, if you worked a half-day and left at noon for your vacation. The process is kind of challenging. Additionally, Kronos can be buggy at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only other time card software I've used is PayChex Flex. Kronos appears to be a bit more simple than PayChex, but it is probably a matter of personal preference. For example, Kronos does not provide a box for text, if you need to explain anything about your time card, whereas Paychex does.

Kronos is the quick and easy electronic way for employees, especially hourly employees, to track their bi-weekly hours and any time that has been taken off. I imagine from the finance department's perspective, it is a very helpful tool in process this information.

Workforce Central review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Once you get the basic understanding of the Kronos Timekeeper product, it is very simple to use. Everything starts to make sense and you can understand how things flow from one another. Once you feel that you are ready for the next step, then they are more tasks that you can accomplish, such as creating genies and other setup configurations.

What do you dislike?

The only that is disliked are a couple different configurations that throw the system off. It's very unfortunate that we are only presented with 3 date fields in Kronos. Also, Genies are very dependent on ONLY the employees that the manager has access to. Even if someone transfers into the manager's department, they have no record of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand exactly what you want accomplished with using the product. Our biggest issue with Kronos is the fact that we have thousands of position codes. We have more position codes than we do employees. We created positions codes for Full Time, Part Time, Supervisory and Supplemental. So for each position that we have in Kronos, we essentially have 4 codes for 1 position.

Timekeeping and Core HR is what we solve the most with the product. It has come in handy for the preparing for budgeting purposes as well as getting accurate pay rates for each of our employees. The shift differentials are very easy to use and understand coming out of the system.

Workforce Central review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Gran programa para las gestiĂłn del tiempo trabajado"

What do you like best?

Kronos es una herramienta sólida para realizar un seguimiento de los horarios e informes de los empleados. La interfaz es decente, pero Kronos tiene muchas capacidades y funciones potentes que encontramos útiles. Me gusta la capacidad de poder utilizarlo en cualquier dispositivo y es fácil de aprender. Me gusta que calcule mi tiempo en minutos para decidir exactamente cuánto trabajo

What do you dislike?

Si pido una semana de vacaciones (5 días), mi jefe recibe 5 correos electrónicos separados con 5 solicitudes por separado para cada uno de los días. Debería tener una función para no sobrecargar las bandejas de entrada de correo electrónico de los administradores con notificaciones. Además, cuando veo los días solicitados, es difícil ver todo cuando los días están dispersos. Yo prefiero que estén juntos. Además, cuando mi tiempo libre se aprueba, recibo 5 correos electrónicos por separado para todos los días separados. Eso es desordenado e innecesario para un software que debería ser más inteligente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo mucho a Kronos. Lo he usado durante casi 1 año y siempre he tenido una experiencia agradable. Es muy simple de usar y tiene todo lo que necesita relacionado con la fuerza de trabajo.

Muchos beneficios de programaciĂłn. Puedes solicitar un trabajo adicional, solicitar el tiempo de vacaciones, hacer tu propio horario y se actualiza continuamente

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"HR Functional Support Analyst"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the complete software as it has the ability to perform Payroll along with Time and Attendance. Also you can take it on the go with mobile where you can use your iPhone, Tablet, or Droid phone to keep track of Scheduling, accruals, and time.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the functionality of the mobile portion it does have its limitations compared to using the desktop version. However over time and with the development of Dimensions these issues will be a thing of the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say definitely take a look at Kronos and also consider moving to Dimensions as it has more functionality as to all of the older versions.

We primarily are using Kronos to track exception time for our Rig employees however we are planning to introduce the completed time punch and accruals in the near future. With the use of positive time tracking we can definitely see what the employees are doing and when they are actually punching in and out.

"Kronos Central "

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central has the ability to process not only our complex union contracts but also pay the simple salary payrolls with ease. By using intouch clocks we are able to gather all of the transaction in our labor force and insure they are paid properly at the right pay rate. It also provides us the tools to track our PTO and FLMA cases. Ability to program ourselves and not have to wait for support to be accessible for us

What do you dislike?

Our HR department would say the complexity of the people editor and how to know what to attach when. wish we had more detailed reporting out of the timekeeper side (did not purchase analytics) Very easy for one person to mess up a pile of employees. Complex for some end users to understand where to click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is still putting in money into this product. Do not be afraid of this being eliminated

Ability to track FLMA, PTO Attendance points, (all union items) without having to run a ton of reports. It was able to program our contract and remove manual steps All in one product. removal of manual steps in vacation for the office, attendance tracking reentry in access and the points calculations for the floor

Can program the contract ourselves. Created a whole new company with very little help

Workforce Central review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Overall a great system that has helped us create efficiencies at our company"

What do you like best?

Kronos consultants and implementation team have been great to help us understand what is possible from a integration and workflow efficiency standpoint for timecards and our payroll processors. Our end users are much more happy as their time to process payroll has been significantly reduced compared to our previous payroll system. We have received great customer service for any issues that come up.

What do you dislike?

Like any other software, frequent updates, patches, etc are burdensome and time consuming to test and install. It seems like the software has continually been evolving (a good thing), but each change requires more investment from our company resources to keep up with and administer.

It seems like the software has been constructed in a way that there are different "pieces" Examples are talent acquisition, reporting modules, timekeeper, payroll, HR/Benefits. These are built in a way that they can market all or pieces of the solution but what it has created is a system that if you're using everything is somewhat burdensome to administer as a whole. Not all pieces communicate as effectively as you would hope of like when using all of the solutions as one software. As a result, our software administrator has the most complaints about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos has developed Kronos Dimensions recently and it's up in the air a little to me regarding their commitment to continue to invest in Kronos Workforce Central.

We are able to integrate work tracked in a separate system onto the timecard. This is beneficial for calculating end user/employee productivity and creating reports that are linked with our payroll data. This helps us look for trends and manage our labor pool.

Workforce Central review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Could use some user interface upgrades, but overall quite useful"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to see all of my direct reports on one screen. I also find the notifications and widgets useful.

What do you dislike?

I often have to click through multiple screens to get the information I want. In particular, I have a hard time getting to or generating the correct report to get the information I need. I know the information is there, but it can be challenging to know which report is needed, as some of the names are not intuitive for the user. There is definitely a learning curve for supervisors to manager their staff using WFC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing a quick review as part of the orientation process, as well as creating/utilizing work guides can be helpful for employees/new users.

One problem we are solving is being able to more easily monitor staff budget/spend, as well as track schedules/labor hours. Another benefit is being able to easily monitor overtime. As a public sector employee this is something that is very important to us The benefits of establishing set schedules is also convenient.

Workforce Central review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Project Manager/User Perspective on Kronos Talent and Time-off Request"

What do you like best?

Prior to the implementation of Kronos, we performed all tasks related to talent acquisition and time tracking on paper. I hear the gasps! Both modules increase our efficiency and provide a secure, central location for data previously located in file drawers.

What do you dislike?

I work for a quasi-government agency. We required a significant amount of customization on Kronos Talent Acquisition and Time-off Request because of the complexity of our record keeping and time tracking. The team supporting the customization was responsive and pleasant. On the flip side, I didn't always believe they understood what they could or could not do to accommodate us. Plus, the unfixable typos on some screens drove me nuts!

Moving from paper to a secure, central location for our talent acquisition and time keeping data has improved the efficiency of both of those processes. In addition, we save a significant amount of time on data tracking and retrieval.

"Best timecard software!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of clocking in and out. I also like that it has the ability to "meal in" and "meal out" for your lunch breaks. You can also edit and review your time card, which gives you the ability to approve your shifts or reject, if you need something fixed. It keeps track of missed breaks, allows you to set up a monthly schedule on a calendar, and also has a caregiver links tab.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes editing your time card can be confusing. Our boss had to send us a memo, with a step-by-step instruction guide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of keeping time is amazing. Please ask for help with any editing of time or approval/rejections of time card. Sometimes it can be tricky.

It's solving time card issues. We are able to be more efficient with our time keeping and are able to manage our own time cards.

Workforce Central review by Jan Marie A.
Jan Marie A.

"A simple interface to do a simple task"

What do you like best?

Kronos is basically an electronic time card. It's not a super complicated task but it's also amazing how much of a life improvement it is to be able to login and save your information and go back and edit it later if necessary, and to have all your PTO information at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit ugly which makes it feel "old" to me, but honestly I don't think that really matters as long as it does what it needs to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is a bit hard to use at first. As I said earlier, it's not a flashy product and there is a bit of a learning curve. However, I was able to figure out how to do everything I needed after a bit of trial and error. I also figured out a way to fix a few of my major complaints that ended up being non-issues in the end. I like that it's a piece of software to do a certain job and that's what it does, and it's not trying to add in a bunch of useless extra features that would make it bloated in order to appear to be more value. I do wish it has a bit more customization ability though, but perhaps in later versions that will be added.

It's a simple and easy way to keep track of everyone's hours and time off and vacations. This is a very basic need that every company has and it doesn't need some crazy complicated or flashy solution. Kronos gets the job done.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
View Original

"One less complicated program to use at work, makes documenting pto/on-call/etc easier."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to punch in and out, and how easy it is to review my time card at the end of the week. I also like how easy it is to put in a request for time off as well as approve employee time sheets. It also allows me to take track which patients punch out for lunch and which ones don't. It's also much easier to track Holiday Time, PTO and On-Call.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to punch out for lunch and then back in when my lunch is over. It would be so much easier and take up less time if I didn't have to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful program for payroll, making it much easier for them to accomplish their tasks in a timely manner.

It makes it easier to approve/disapprove of time off, and to see how much PTO has been acquired. It also makes it easier for employees to view their time cards and take necessary action if their is an issue.

Workforce Central review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Works Well - When It Works"

What do you like best?

Kronos is very easy to use, and takes little to no time to learn. Its interface is not at all complicated, and for the majority of the time, it works.

What do you dislike?

Kronos does have periods when it crashes, and it cannot be fixed for an entire shift or two. This forces myself and coworkers to write our time on paper, and make sure our time was recorded correctly at a later time. This can be an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact IT immediately if there are any issues with Kronos. They're generally very good about getting it fixed within a shift as opposed to two or three. Don't hesitate.

As previously mentioned, it's very easy and I consider it a preferred time keeping program. It does have its glitches and it does crash occasionally, but it is very useful and very easy to use for all personnel.

Workforce Central review by Joan C.
Joan C.

"Gran programa de gestiĂłn del tiempo"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central es software para el control del tiempo trabajado. La mejor función dentro de Kronos es el sistema de cronometraje, que nos ha permitido deshacernos por completo de las tarjetas de tiempo escritas a mano. Kronos permite que una empresa administre miles de empleados en múltiples sitios. Los relojes de tiempo son robustos y fáciles de usar. Los relojes de tiempo son compatibles con las opciones de identificación biométrica y de proximidad.

What do you dislike?

Al menos la versión que utilicé parecía muy desactualizada. Requería Java y no funcionaba bien cuando no se usaba Internet Explorer. La interfaz no es fácil de usar o intuitiva. Es confuso enviar horas, aprobar horas extraordinarias, ver cuántas horas de vacaciones ha usado, revisar horas pasadas, etc.

Gracias a Kronos he podido controlar y reportar a mis directores el tiempo trabajado en mi empresa.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Very great!"

What do you like best?

All of the timekeeping options, and forms that can be kept in the system. I also like the medical leave modules to help benefits keep track.

What do you dislike?

Some items are not searchable with in the system, you have to scroll down to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Kronos, I haven't used any other timekeeping software as I am training with someone in my company on learning the ins and outs of Kronos. It is very good at what it does, and it can keep track of several things. I would say some items are difficult to find in the set up menu, but once you find them, you can keep track of them pretty easily. Once you learn the system and what you're doing, it's not too hard to keep up with, but there is a lot to learn.

Timekeeping, labor tracking (my company does not use this), keeping track of points for supervisors\managers, medical leave tracking, pay rules. All of these items have come in very handy with my company recently.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy way to keep track of hours worked and time off"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to see what hours I have available for sick time, vacation, etc. I can choose which bank to take time off from. It also allows me to see the amount of hours that I have accrued. The transparency of this greatly improves the way I allot PTO.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you didn't have to "pop out" to see the details of each area. It would be better if you could open windows by directly clicking on what you want to view. It also takes long to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use pop out windows and allow the user to click directly into different areas on the main page.

It allows us to see how much time off we have available. It helps us plan time off better than before we had access to our time banks. It also helps to have the entire department know when someone is off from work.

Workforce Central review by User in Higher Education

"Good, solid software option"

What do you like best?

I like the modern software style and that it feels like you are using something that is up to date and does the job quickly. I like the multiple options you have for pulling different reports, and that you have the option to tailor these however you want. It is great to have the option to add or remove elements to my liking.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most intuitive software. It could be a bit more user-friendly, but is better than many I have seen. There are many, many different ways to accomplish the same task, which sounds great from the standpoint of having it work for multiple types of users. The issue I see with that is that it is hard to remember how I did a task from one day to the next, or for training new users on a best practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the product as much as possible before buying just to make sure that you like the interface, but I believe it can work for many companies simply based on the fact that there are many ways to accomplish things.

Timesheet and punch in/out management

Adding/removing employees

The benefits for us come down to simply having a digital environment for timesheets. Before we were using all paper, and this improves efficiency in many ways.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Kronos for work force gets the job done, with a few issues here and there"

What do you like best?

The system does what it is supposed to do. The bio metric log-in enables employees to access their own files and so all necessary privacy rules are enforced as necessary.

What do you dislike?

System interface looks way too old. At a time when everyone is moving toward a more clean, app like screen where the GUI is intuitive and appealing, this system appears as if it is stuck in the 1990s with no major update. Almost looks like the system is over ten years old and never got an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, it gets the work done. ADP is not perfect either, but it is a better and cleaner version for time tracking for employees.

It helps monitor and administer all necessary time card processes. Any and all issues (missed lunches, late clock-ins and late clock-outs) are highlighted and easy to address with the employees. The bio-metric log-in ensures that no proxy log-ins take place.

Workforce Central review by User

"Not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Kronos does exactly what it's supposed to do: allows you to log and submit your hours, request vacation time, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I don't find Kronos to be very user-friendly at all. It's very slow, the navigation isn't intuitive, the UI is outdated. Perhaps our company is using a very old version, but Kronos always runs very slowly for me, and it requires Internet Explorer and Java, which I don't have on my laptop. This makes it very difficult to log hours when working remotely. It's also just confusing -- for example, it's difficult to tell how many vacation days I have left.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos may be a good solution for large corporate companies, but otherwise you may be better off finding software with a friendlier, more intuitive interface.

We need a way to log and submit hours, and Kronos allows us to do so.

Workforce Central review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Not immediately user friendly."

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly once you have mastered it; once you are able to ignore a couple confusing items (which gets cleared up in tutorials), it really is easy to use. Another thing I like about this product is the fact that everything is in one place and it seems to have cut down on paperwork for me.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to pick up independently without asking for help; which I don't like because I generally like to figure out how to use programs on my own. Another thing that seems to be faulty is that you cannot fix your scheduled pay-roll dates; not sure if it's a glitch with the system, or with the usage of the school district.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reading up on the tutorials and taking any workshops provided to you. Once you have done that, it is much easier to use. it's still going to take time to figure out exactly what needs to be done.

I feel that it is easier to see all my hours that I have worked for the day and the week. I also feel like it helps me see what the adminstrators are seeing when it comes to ensuring that I get paid. All in all, it feels like I have more documentation on hand due to this system compared to the prior system.

Workforce Central review by Paula H.
Paula H.

"Room for user error"

What do you like best?

My workplace uses this program for scheduling, time clock punch editing and basic graphs for peak times. For the most part it works well, the idea behind it is great. It's always nice when the managers make a schedule the works well for the staff and the store's needs.

What do you dislike?

When I've used this product I found it didn't always save the information I inputted, which could get very frustrating. Editing punches became a battle some days, trying to fixed missed punches and breaks became a headache, this could simply be user error on my side but the layout of the program itself I feel could be tweaked. When it came to the graphs, some times it made no sense, it would suggest scheduling up to 4-5 people at the time when it was hardly busy and have almost no staff suggested at a peak time. Again, this could all be user error. I don't know if it is possible to input past year info to help make a more accurate forecast.

Mainly, Kronos is our punch editing and scheduling software for my company. It gets the job done and I'm not entirely familiar with any similar products.

Workforce Central review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Good but clunky"

What do you like best?

The ability to add multiple categories to a day; the ability to have "paid" and "unpaid" entries, accounting for all man hours.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't play well with all browsers; flash based, so Chrome hates it and makes processing difficult; unintuitive for adding multiple entries for a single date; quickly expiring passwords; lack of security with 6 character permitted passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move to HTML5 or other non-Flash based interface; be compatible with all browsers and operating systems (Windows, Mac, Chrome); improve calculate tools.

Tracking time entered from in office and remote sites; tracking past performance across multiple user groups; entering holidays and payroll information ahead of time.

Workforce Central review by Carole M.
Carole M.

"Kronos Workforce Central streamlines timekeeping and solves numerous issues"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for real time view of information.

What do you dislike?

JAVA updates are not allowed at the government agency and cause log on issues. This will be resolved with an upgrade as we are still on WFC version 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get input from various end users along with management to understand needs and usage. This will help in selection of product and configuration. Learn as much about the product and usages before you implement. That will save time and trouble involved with changes in the system.

Resolution of being out of compliance with FLSA: automatic, accurate calculations of FLSA overtime earnings.

Consistency in tracking time and attendance. Previously several different methods of timekeeping were used which resulted in overpayments because of untimely submissions to payroll.

Reduction in overpayments and system to better control overtime.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

Intuitive user interface and great support

What do you dislike?

They provide patches that fix issues, but introduce more issues so you have to apply patches to your patches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you contract Kronos to implement your product they will push the latest service release on you which is only necessary if you have the WFC HR and Payroll module, the latest patch is usually buggy so stay one or two patches behind so others find the bugs. The older your Kronos product gets the more stable it becomes, but you don't want it to get too old because of industry changes like Java not being supported by browsers then flash not being supported by browsers both of which Kronos products use although WFC 8 is now java free which is too beautiful for words.

We have really been able to recognize when and how overtime is happening to better schedule employees to still meet staffing needs without causing as much overtime. HR really makes use of exception instances and auditing features during cases of employee discipline and finance really makes use of metrics we can generate with custom reports because Kronos has pretty good documentation on database setup.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"Works great if you have a good set up team."

What do you like best?

Everything is in one system. They have a robust offering of products, but you have to pay for most of them individually. If you can purchase all of the products, the system is very nice! Everything is date stamped so changes are easy to track.

What do you dislike?

You have to purchase "modules and licenses" separately for timekeeping, HR, Payroll, etc. The system is hard to make changes in because the system is so complex. Timekeeper and HR don't sync together very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get all of the modules you need to do everything you are wanting - we ran into some roadblocks with employee onboarding because we didn't purchase the correct module.

We were able to have all of our HR, payroll, and timekeeping information in one system. Before we had several different ways we were tracking everything, so it was nice to be able to look info up in one system. Everything feeds and works together, which is also nice.

Workforce Central review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Super easy time clock system"

What do you like best?

Easy clock in and clock out, can track pto and time with just the click of a button and easily altered with approval.

What do you dislike?

For us we don’t have access to everything so that makes it sometimes difficult to view certain things that we don’t always need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a very good system for tracking and can be set up however you would like to best fit your company and your employees.

Just using as a time clock and got pto tracking in us getting paid.

"Clocking In and Out"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that every part-time employee could clock in and out instead of using a time card. They can also see how much time they have and used.

What do you dislike?

We have a time clock and sometimes it freezes as well as when they use the computer it freezes or it takes so long to register that the employee may clock in twice thinking it didn't register.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best product that I have seen

As mentioned above, we get to see what time the employee comes in by using the clock instead of hand writing their time cards as well as them keeping up with their vacation and personal time

Workforce Central review by User

"Terrible, clunky software that makes the job harder"

What do you like best?

I do not like anything about this software.

What do you dislike?

We have Macs in our office, and it seems obvious to me that this software was created for PCs. We have to have an IT person come do any updates for our computers, and since Java is required to run Kronos, and Java requires frequent updates, we have to call IT frequently to update Kronos before we can even enter our hours. In the past, we did paper time sheets, and it took half the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So many glitches it costs, not saves, time.

The program was meant to do away with paper time sheets, but the system has been so clunky, now we're required to do Kronos but also submit paper in case Kronos makes a mistake. The only good thing about it is that employees can more easily see their sick day accruals.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Great customer service, very knowledgeable staff, system has few flaws for our basic needs. "

What do you like best?

That it is very realiable and never down. The customer support is wonderful and problem solves in a very timely manner. Would like to have other modules, but we never seem to have the money to do so.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades cost rather than just available. Need to have the upgrades build into an annual maintenence cost so that as new features become available they are just added to the software. Any bugs can be eliminated as well. However, bugs are few and far between.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it

Got rid of timeclocks which allowed employees to pick up extra time by picking a timeclock far from their workstation and then taking their time to "arrive" to work.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"A product that understands the need of a business and can add value"

What do you like best?

The user experience of the product is a plus. Kronos is a world leader in time and attendance and can offer a variety of tools to incorporate into your business to help your workforce around the globe.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you will have screen that are not user friendly when you have to do configuration of the product. Instead of holding its place you have to start at the beginning. Not easy to search when on a screen. WDM product needs a bit of expansion on the data that it can display on a device. If data is in the system or configuration for the clock it should be available to the developer. to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on board the future is looking bright with Dimensions.

Flexible workforce, allowing employees to swap shifts easily and work when it is convenient for them. Having this ability within the additional tools added into your application aids in retaining and having happy employees.

"Payroll Time Analyst"

What do you like best?

I like that Kronos has a good audit trail that reflects what has or has not taken place within the application. However, we had to have a custom report designed to capture anyone who touched the timecard other than the employee. Additionally, there were no custom reports for the TOR tool. We had to have a custom report created that would capture what manager didn't approve a time off request or cancellation, etc. I like the widget reporting tools-dashboard, automated TOR process and the ease of edits to a timecard. Also, good system security with regards to accommodating how much access an employee has within the application and ease of creating multi user roles and various super user roles.

What do you dislike?

System performance has been a big issue for us in the last few years. Logging on for our Austin users is very slow... takes minutes vs seconds. We experience periods where large numbers of timecards have not been totalized. Testing has taken place by both Kronos and AMAT and we are aware of Kronos' recommendations to enhance system performance i.e. we are currently using an unsupported version of Java and we are still on version 7.0.8.482.

System configuration is overwhelming.

Excellent tracking of exception hours such as paid time off, jury, bereavement, etc. Good calculation of state pay rules but core config is daunting.

Workforce Central review by Allyson R.
Allyson R.

"Wound Care Nurse in Academic Medical Center"

What do you like best?

Provides up-to-date numerical paid time off (PTO) totals.

What do you dislike?

This program is not intuitive to use; in fact, most staff in my department had to access a tutorial to figure this out and often have to ask other staff members for assistance.. A timekeeping program is something that hospital staff need to be able to use often and efficiently without requiring guidance from others and taking up their valuable time. It is not easy to determine where to go to fill out a time off request, or how exactly to fill it out, especially for salaried employees. I have to write out in the comments section exactly what I want so that my PTO is not deducted incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider demonstrating proper way to fill out time off requests for staff as well as providing an easy-to-use handout for future reference.

Benefits include up-to-date totals of PTO available and a single system for reporting PTO requests.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Kronos Workforce Central Highlights"

What do you like best?

The customizable ability for Kronos to be tailored to the individual organization. Different organizations have vastly different needs and Workforce Central seems to be able to fit most if not all of them for us. Additionally, I like the ability for good reporting on what is going on in the system.

What do you dislike?

With customizability comes complexity. There are times where simple tasks are so overly complex it becomes frustrating for the end user or the administrator. The biggest problem I see with the solution is the support side. Once you do have a problem, calling KGS is something I dread at times. They do not answer your questions most times easily and provide very vague answers to the questions. It gets to be very frustrating to have to ask them to support the ticket to a higher level. Once the ticket gets escalated, the problem gets fixed most times fairly quickly. KGS just doesn't at times get how to support users that are having issues.

The need for time and attendance of our employees on a consistent and timely basis. Additionally, we are required to provide users the ability to see their time accruals in a timely fashion and Workforce Central provides that ability for us.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Kronos WFC is a powerful and flexible tool"

What do you like best?

Regardless of the type of employee, schedule, or location I can create a timekeeper profile to manage their hours - no matter how complicated their pay rules or accruals

What do you dislike?

There can be a delay in changes taking effect. This often leads me to think I configured something incorrectly when its really just my own impatience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using the intouch clocks, make sure to have a stable and reliable connection. I have a few with spotty wifi that frustrate our employees

My company operates across the USA and internationally. With Kronos we have been able to automate the timekeeping process and quickly adapt to changes in local employment regulations

Workforce Central review by User

"Has the basics, but becomes troublesome with Java"

What do you like best?

Has all the necessary components I need, including my past time card, current time card, and numerous reports.

What do you dislike?

User interface is pretty basic, a little boring. Every time I update Java i always have to cross my fingers to see if it will work. Currently I can only get it to work on IE and not Firefox (my preferred browser). Also it can take sometimes minutes to upload. As an hourly employee this can be nerve wracking when arriving less than two minutes before my start time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good enough, gets the job done, but expect some technical issues perhaps from users who are not as computer savvy

Automized clock-in and clock-out, plus the ability to review your times. I also get email reminders to review my timecard which is helpful.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Scheduling for medical scribe shifts"

What do you like best?

I love that I can look out to my schedule in advance. I also like that I can submit time off requests through this application.

What do you dislike?

The actual "time start" and "time end" of my shifts are different on Kronos. I usually have to look at my physician's schedule for the day to know exactly what time to really be there. Kronos needs an easier way to update this with the different ERH systems.

This records exactly when I make time off requests so that my chief scribe can validate if I submitted the request at least one month prior to scheduling.

"Reliable scheduling software"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central is a tried and true and full capable scheduling software that my company of 10,000+ employees utilizes each month. It’s a very reliable tool to schedule many weeks in advance, request time off, see past and future rates of pay/schedules and view your current time card.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I can mention in regards to Kronos is ease of use. Kronos has recently upgraded to a Navigator software from the classic version and I must admit I find navigator much more confusing and not as user friendly as classic. Sometimes, less is more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The classic version is much better than navigator but this software is quite user friendly and great for scheduling weeks in advance!

Our company is quite large so each month it helps many thousands of employees to self schedule many weeks in advance in order to reach and realize their real time goals. It is beneficial to predict workforce algorithms and fill census needs as needed.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Kronos Workforce is a quality software with feature to increase efficency in your business."

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce is a robust software with a user-friendly interface. The software allows users to customize their desktop to meet their individual needs. Overall a great software that we have used to increase efficiency with our employees.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issues I have are the reports generated by the system. The reports themselves are very useful to my managers but the system has a slow load time and can time out. I wish the software reports could retrieved and burst our to my managers without the problems that I have experienced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The email subscription reports have a lot of issues. I am having to constantly edit all the emails on the subscriptions. Also, the analytic reports have a slow load time. I would also like to see a commonly used reports added to the desktop so that I can quickly access reports.

We have been able to track our labor through the various reports. They have helped reduce early ins and late outs of employee gaming the clock.

Workforce Central review by User in Higher Education

"Easy Program for Hourly Employees"

What do you like best?

Kronos makes it easy to track and submit your hours for an hourly position. Using the software, I was able to calculate the hours I worked in a pay period and refer back to the site to ensure that I received correct compensation. The system also allowed me to separate my hours into separate shifts on the same day in case I worked two different shifts. The format of the system is easy to read and converts well to a spreadsheet document.

What do you dislike?

Kronos requires you to submit your hours in an HH:MM format, which is not always an intuitive way to record time. As such, it often miscalculated my hours or produced an error message that I had to correct prior to submission. Additionally, if an error was made on my timesheet and I realized after submission, I had to request to have it reopened through my manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider hosting an event with new staff to show them how to input hours into the system as well as check their timecard prior to submission.

Using Kronos enables our staff to separately record hours and have all submissions sent directly to our manager. It encourages individual accountability for tracking hours as well as a mechanism for a manager to double check the hours for accuracy. Kronos also promotes timeliness as you are able to set a cut-off time for the submission of hours to meet a payroll deadline.

Workforce Central review by Betsy L.
Betsy L.

"Kronos Feedback from StaffChex / Horizon"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the system allows you to track activities. This feature has been very helpful to one of our largest Northern California clients and has allowed them to measure time spent on orders and cut back on labor cost.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the turnaround time when submitting a work order ticket. I have had to follow up on my cases due to not getting a response from a tech.

Our clients have seen a reduction in labor cost.

Workforce Central review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Outdated and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

If you boil it down, Kronos does what it is supposed to do-record time. However, that's pretty much all that I think is "best" about this application.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely outdated, difficult to use, tedious, etc. The way it is designed is not user-friendly. I've been at my current position and using Kronos for 6 months and I'm still not sure I am doing it right each week. It is one of the worst work applications I have ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend as little time as possible using this application. It is so difficult. Encourage your workplace to find another means to track time.

Keeping track of my work hours.

Workforce Central review by Gabriele B.
Gabriele B.

"Payroll Specialist/Kronos Administrator"

What do you like best?

The support community site offers good trouble shooting tools for issues and help options in program can direct you in a pinch.

What do you dislike?

Kronos support is a crap shoot, it's either really good or really bad. Some of the language is definitely from a programmer perspective instead of a user perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in having training supplied by kronos - ask more questions than really apply and support options for changes of business practices. They are selling a product

It allows for ease of tracking of vacation accrual and attendance policy. Quick reference of overtime and hours worked. Allocation of GITCA rates for various shifts

Workforce Central review by April S.
April S.

"Simple, and easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like that it sort of expedites the time keeping procedure.

What do you dislike?

I do have one thing that I feel might make the UI a little better.

I would like to see the "related items" box view-able under all the tabs, but I may the the only one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty easy to use, I haven't had any problems.

Kronos makes it easy to view and compile different information, and to do multiple time card related tasks.

Workforce Central review by Valerie P.
Valerie P.

"Kronos Workforce Central Version 7.0.9"

What do you like best?

Our technical account manager (TAM) is very helpful and almost always available at a moment's notice.

What do you dislike?

The version we are using (Workforce Central Version 7.0.9) has not been tested on the most recent Java releases and is not supported. As such, I am not able to update Java for any other programs I'm using on my work-provisioned laptop. To get support for more recent releases, it is mandatory to upgrade at the customer's expense.

Kronos Workforce Central helps us accurately track time, attendance, PTO, commission, and more for exempt and non-exempt associates with varying schedules across multiple time zones. Our business runs 24/7/365, and the system never misses a beat.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Standard Payroll Program"

What do you like best?

I like that using this payroll program means that I can edit information while on the phone with an employee and that they can see updates reflected efficiently. I like having a separate program to save sensitive information for personnel.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the standard boring look of the program. It is not engaging or pleasant, and so I kind of dread opening the program because it feels boring. It would be cool for it to have different visual features, much like the alternating Google search page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend always keeping a separate back-up of information from the program, like paper copies in a locked file, or separate digital files that are backed up to a main source, just in case of an audit or the need for back-up.

When utilizing this software, I was specifically addressing student employee payroll for hourly tracking and bi-weekly payments. Student employees would often provide important information right before deadlines, and I was always able to be efficient with updates in Kronos.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good customer service but problem not solved"

What do you like best?

This was the first time I was presented with an option for a scheduled call.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to call, then fill out a ticket, then to get a callback, then to respond if I miss the call. It's not as easy as calling back if I miss the call...very difficult and time consuming process just to get a tech on the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh your options, this is not an easy program to control

Way more problems than benefits. We've had kronos for several years now and I cringe when a new problem arises and we have to go through this process. I understand we have an older version but right now it is not in our budget to upgrade.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Great for tracking hourly people to pay them correctly for the ti,me they work."

What do you like best?

I love that we do not have to use Java anymore. Our employees always had so much trouble not being able to get it because the version of Java was to new on the computer they were using. Also I like having the tabs to go back and forth with.

What do you dislike?

On the Timecards tab I do not like that you have to click on the arrow to bring up the Totals.

Tracking peoples hours. When there are issues it is easier to find where we have the a problem with someone and what needs to happen to help correct the issue.

Workforce Central review by User

"Kronos Shiny on the Outside"

What do you like best?

The ability of the program to keep skill level and use it to schedule a staff based on strengths within their availability.

What do you dislike?

Constant error messages and having to re log on. The schedule also does not cover all parameters of the open business day. It short staffs and does not always schedule all the shifts needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a complete training and try different things to learn shortcuts!

It is time consuming to fix all the scheduling kinks. The benefits are that it is usable on many devices and pretty self explanatory for users of various skill levels.

Workforce Central review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Use daily "

What do you like best?

Analytics are nice for measuring daily productivity and staffing. A bit difficult to set up st first but once you set your reports you can run them easily.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to set up at first, our organization has a few “super users” that often have to set reports up for service line directors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn’t have recommended the product prior to the recent upgrade, but now it’s much better!

Productivity, staffing, timekeeping, etc.

Workforce Central review by Abby J.
Abby J.

"A confusing way to keep track of my hours at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it automatically logs me in when I click on the icon from my desk top. I also like that I can access other human resource programs from Kronos.

What do you dislike?

I work at a few different locations and my hours have to be divided into specific lines. The way that they get divided on the screen is just numbers and that means nothing to me so a lot of times I just hope for the best when entering my time at work.

The business problems that are solved with Kronos is keeping track of time. This allows us the benefit of good record keeping.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Kronos Timekeeper has allowed us to automate our business processes related to time and attendance. "

What do you like best?

I like the customization that the software allows for. We are a K12 system and function very differently in our business process as compared to the private sector. Kronos has been able to adapt to our unique and sometimes non-sensical processes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Kronos Global Support is does not understand the K12 processes and configuration to resolve issues in a timely manner. They often have to engage another resource before the issue can be resovled. It would be helpful to have a K12 team who has experience in the industry.

We have all but eliminated the paper processes related to time, attendance and leave.

"Out of Date Interface"

What do you like best?

It allows me to put in my time to get paid, if I can get it to display the right functionality. That's probably all that I can say that is positive about this piece of software.

What do you dislike?

The only browser it functions on in Internet Explorer, which is a huge security issue and also an inconvenience since most people use Chrome or a Safari browser. Similarly, the UI is downright terrible and not intuitive for users. The majority of the functionalities are hidden in a small upper ribbon that has a very small font that is not obvious, and entering in your punches on a timecard can be extremely time consuming. In general, when you are trying to log in on a web portal, you can hit "enter" on your keyboard and be taken to the "home" page, but with Kronos it just logs a punch, which isn't helpful when I enter my hours on my timecard manually and don't punch in or out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please pick something that can be used in a secure internet browser. Kronos is only functional and supported on an out of date java plugin that can only be used in Internet Explorer and it is truly awful to use regardless.

Kronos is cheap and lets you track employee time, but it's really not worth the hassle for users and it almost seems better to return to paper.

Workforce Central review by Melody R.
Melody R.

"User-friendly, quick and easy to use."

What do you like best?

It’s great to use on a mobile device, and I’m able to get all the reports that I need for my business in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how you have to change your password every 180.

I’m able to see where my business is at for the week and the month. I’m able to make adjustments as needed

Workforce Central review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Seems to be getting better overtime"

What do you like best?

The latest iteration that my company is using for time keeping is much more user friendly than the previous version. I like that I can search easily for a project by number, description or client.

What do you dislike?

It is limiting in how much of the project string you can see. We have extremely long descriptions of the projects for loading our time, and you can't always see that you are putting your time in the right job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We only use it for time keeping, but the more detailed you are in the tracking, the better this software works for you. Proper training on it is extremely important as well as many people can interpret how you want to use it in different ways.

We are using this for time keeping. As an Account Director this is extremely important for me to make sure my projects are not over budget. Our controller does export this information to excel so that we can easily manipulate it.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to manage payroll for many employees"

What do you like best?

Ease of scrolling through list of employees and function to approve multiple timecards at once. Easy to navigate and easy to keep track of everyone's days off and schedule.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tough to run reports, if you know how to build reports it helps but there are not many helpful pre-built reports that I could find. Sometimes the system is down but that is probably more of the connection fault and not the system itself.

Ease of having employees request their time off through the system, keeps error of losing email away. You can also easily fix errors by doing historical edits.

Workforce Central review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Kronos is very simple and effective have been using it for years. "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Kronos. It is very easy to use. Having the ability to clock in and out. Also being able to use time corrections is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was organized a bit better the navigation of the menus can get confusing. It does timeout after 30 minutes as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Kronos. I have been using it for 5 years and have always had a pleasant experience. It is very simple to use and has everything you need workforce related.

I have been using Kronos to clock in and out of work for years,

Workforce Central review by Levi S.
Levi S.

"Versatile software!"

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many dynamics to Kronos. Scheduling across departments is very possible, and the software has a lot of options as far as user permissions and schedule editing goes.

What do you dislike?

This software could be more user friendly. It is definitely not impossible to train users, but it could definitely be more straightforward and simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a quality product with many advantages over competitors.

Kronos has helped us create schedules and identify times that we are using more hours than others. This allowed us to adjust scheduling in order to better suit the needs of the business.

Workforce Central review by User in Internet

"UI Needs Improvement"

What do you like best?

After login, everything you need is on one page. If you're just accessing Kronos as an user/punching in, it's easy enough to figure out.

What do you dislike?

The system just feels 'old'. Before my company was acquired, we utilized ADP for time keeping and many of us were underwhelmed when logging into Kronos. It felt like switching from a smart phone to a flip phone. If you're using it for time off/vacation requests, your users will likely need to watch a "How to" video. Trying to figure it out left me scratching my head. I was often locked out of the system which required a reset from our administrator. We also weren't able to access Kronos via mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a Kronos 'champion' in place prior to implementation. It would have been helpful to have a go-to person within our organization to review the use of the system, navigation, best practices, etc.

Time Keeping. A group of our sales managers are marked as non-exempt and we're required to punch in and out each day with a 'lunch out' punch and 'return from lunch' punch needed as well. We utilized ADP for core HR.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

I manage student employees on Kronos. Overall, the program is intuitive, and easy to manage. You can search through people easily, and make changes/submit comments on people's time cards easily.

What do you dislike?

As for the "My information" tab- I wish it was easier to view my leave time and sick time. You have to choose dates and run a report, and it seems this information could be viewed with one simple click.

I'm not exactly solving any business problems, but I work at a college and we use Kronos to manage our own personal time as well as student staff.

Workforce Central review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"A reliable hub for business"

What do you like best?

I like how my employer and other branches of the company can add necessary documents for everyone to read in the “My Documents” tab and that it’s easy to navigate even without prior instruction.

What do you dislike?

The clock in and clock out system (trying to remember what time gets you rounded to the nearest 15 minutes) is so complicated, but I understand this feature simplifies things for our payroll department.

As I said in the things I like, it’s helpful to have all of our documents (expense vouchers, benefits materials, policies, etc.) all in one place so you don’t have to go around bothering your coworkers for the information.

Workforce Central review by Nikki D.
Nikki D.

"Kronos not for me"

What do you like best?

It has the ability to auto generate schedules based on store hours and performance.

What do you dislike?

That it is really hard to get it to auto schedule correctly with so many variables it doesn’t account for. And that a lot of reports pull inadequately

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have all operating systems connecting properly in order for reports to pull accurately to be able to use he self scheduling tool appropriately.

We are solving correct punches. Sometimes it doesn’t record everything. I’ve come to realize that in order for this complex system to work correctly it requires so much extra data from too many systems.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Kronos makes scheduling easy"

What do you like best?

That you can easily pick your own shifts to make your own schedule. I love that it allows you to look at other co-workers schedules so you can see who is scheduled with you any particular shift. I love that you can very easily pick up an extra shift.

What do you dislike?

The shift swap option is very confusing and hard to use. I also dislike that I can't figure out how to get on kronos on my home computer.

Many many scheduling benefits. You can request to work extra, request off, request PTO time, make your own schedule and it's updated continuously.

Workforce Central review by Alycia B.
Alycia B.

"Kronos Timekeeping"

What do you like best?

this software is very user friendly. I've used it on the front end and backend, and have no issues figuring out steps needed to take.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen any major updates to the aesthetic of the site since I began using it several years ago.

I don't know that I'm solving any problems. It is a great tool for monitoring associates timecards.

Workforce Central review by Joyce H.
Joyce H.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which you can check in and out of your shifts, keep track of your timecard and your shifts. Also I appreciate being able to see open shifts to pick up

What do you dislike?

I think that some of the features are a bit clunky. With some of them you have to get out of the screen you are in and I wish they connected better so you can do more with one screen.

It is easier to be responsible for your own timecard, to check your own schedule and to make corrections yourself.

"Kronos review"

What do you like best?

This software is user-friendly, simple, and straightforward. I have never had problems using it.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for simple, basic hours tracking this is certainly the way to go!

I mark my hours using Kronos for a bi-weekly pay system, approve them, and my supervisor looks them over and then approves them for HR. I have never had problems and my supervisor has never mentioned any either. A benefit is that you can look over past time-sheets and double-check anything if there is ever an issue.

Workforce Central review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Kronos takes time getting used to "

What do you like best?

It keeps time well. I have never had a problem with time being off or miscalculated. The system does not give a grace period for clocking in/clocking out. It is extremely accurate.

What do you dislike?

This system is not too user friendly if you don't know what you are doing. Simple tasks such as putting in time for a vacation or pulling reports can be confusing. Training for Kronos would definitely benefit the user. It would save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos can be an a great tool but does require thorough training for its users.

Kronos does keep track of employee time efficiently. Unfortunately, I think some of its other navigation buttons should be changed in order for Kronos to become more user friendly.

Workforce Central review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Workforce Ready is ok."

What do you like best?

For the most part, the customer service in response to technical issues have been fine and quick.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Java & Flash compatibility issues with our network and I dislike how I have to look up an employee in Timekeeper and HR separately. I also do not like that the Training & Development module is not user friendly at all. Very difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of available training and that EVERYTHING is setup correctly with the Dev teams.

Its a little more streamlined than the other HRIS systems we've used in the past. It doesn't take long to run the reports that I need.

Workforce Central review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Does some good stuff"

What do you like best?

I like that employees have several clock-in/clock-out options and that it can automate leave processes with the leave module.

What do you dislike?

You need to either invest in training a Kronos System expert in your organization, or pay for either Kronos help or help from a qualified consultant to implement things. Both are expensive for a small or medium company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what you want to do with it before you start exploring it. In other words, do your process modeling and requirements beforehand and you will have an easier time evaluating it and implementing if.

We have been using Kronos since before I joined the company over 5 years ago. We use it for time and attendance primarily.

Workforce Central review by Sandra M.
Sandra M.

"Great site"

What do you like best?

Love using Kronos to look up my schedule.

What do you dislike?

It times you out too fast after non used

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and easy to use. Makes scheduling so much easier, and it cuts back on paper usage.

It helps the employees get their schedules through their cellphones and they can request days off and check how many hours of paid time off they have.

Workforce Central review by Deborah B.
Deborah B.

"Access to data anytime"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I have access to data needed to run reports for reporting purposes. We have carriers that need data all the time and it is great to have easy access to those reports without recreating the wheel.

What do you dislike?

having to re-generate profile to have access to ex: worker's compensation pay codes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider access to data that always at your finger tips. I once had to run a report and the report needed was the prior three years. Well, by separating the years I was able to gather all the data I needed.

access to run reports

Workforce Central review by User in Higher Education

"Request time off with Kronos"

What do you like best?

The automated system is good as an employee because you have proof that your time was approved by your manager and that you submitted your requests. My favorite thing is how simple it makes keeping track of the time you have accrued, taken, and scheduled.

What do you dislike?

If I request a week off (5 days), my manager receives 5 separate emails with 5 separate requests for single days. They should have a feature so that it doesn't overload the managers' email boxes with notifications. Also, when looking at my requested days, it's hard to see everything when the days are spread out. I prefer them to be together. Also, when my time off gets approved, I get 5 separate emails for all the separate days. That's just messy and unnecessary for a software that should be smarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is better than nothing for an organization that needs a time tracker software. There are some areas that they could smooth things out to make it simpler to use. It seems like there is a lot involved with Kronos that I have yet to discover.

Getting rid of paper time sheets and moving to a more automated system that is trakcable

Workforce Central review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Could use improvement. "

What do you like best?

Tends to be pretty easy to use, interface is simple enough. The basics of the program is to keep time and that’s what it does, sometimes.

What do you dislike?

Faulty. Never clocks times correctly and I end up spending an extra 30-45 minutes a week doing the work of the software. It tends to run slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are rolling this program out to many stores at once, be aware of the learning curve that comes with it.

Keeping track of payroll and being able to utilize our hours to the best of our open hours.

Workforce Central review by David M.
David M.

"Decent Product in its Range."

What do you like best?

The product does what it is suppose to and is relatively easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The support is not always timely and often non responsive. Kronos is not great at informing people of issues and updates so you have to be engaged in the pursuit of this information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary, we have issues that were created from a required update that have not been resolved after two months.

We use this for a small business (under 500) and it does what it is suppose to. I am not really sure that I would pick Kronos again if evaluating against other providers of this type of software.

Workforce Central review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Great Way to Log Your Employees Time"

What do you like best?

Kronos is simple and to the point for my employees to use. I also like it because I can go in and check their hours and submit them directly to our payroll department. I also enjoy the easy to use editing tool that comes with Kronos, which allows me to manually add unlogged hours if needed.

What do you dislike?

My department would occasionally run into issues with using Kronos when it came to reliably being available for workers to login and stamp their time sheet. We would compensate and just manually log time but it was a headache when we had to manually log time for several consecutive shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is reliable software can make logging your employees time much less of a headache. The at terminal clocking in features can render your old time clocks obsolete and keep you employees working from the moment they step in the office to the moment they leave. It's not a perfect client, but it gets the job done with ease and less headaches than other clients i've used in the past.

When it works, Kronos is the best time management software I've used. Employees no longer have to stand at a time clock to punch in and out and instead can do so from their office/cubicle. This way employees can work longer at their desk and stay focused on the task at hand without having to stand in line to punch out for the day.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Okay but a bit dated"

What do you like best?

One stop shop for most of our HRIS needs.

What do you dislike?

Setup screens are very difficult and not intuitive. You must know exactly which tabs to go to and what to enter, no guessing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the custom fields to make the system what you want, but definitely go for the most up to date version.

Training information being in the system is good. Great for providing the information to auditors, but lacks flexibility in terms of assigning training to particular groups (i.e. if I assign a training to all ee's in a particular position, Kronos assigns that training to everyone even if they weren't employed when the training was assigned.

Workforce Central review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Okay, but not great."

What do you like best?

Hands downs the best part of using Kronos is their time keeping features for employers.

What do you dislike?

What I like least about Kronos is that the system looks very dated and is not very user friendly. For example, if you enter an incorrect date in certain parts of the system for an effective date, it can be very difficult to undo the change. Often times, it requires calling Kronos directly, which often times means waiting on hold for several minutes.

Our company is using Kronos primarily for timekeeping within our organization and for processing payroll.

Workforce Central review by Amanda  L.
Amanda L.

"Works for healthcare"

What do you like best?

How you can clock in and log your time helps me keep track of the hours I have worked plus I can review them

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that it doesn’t flag you when you try and clock in late I wish they would set something in place for it

As an employee we are able to look and see what hours we have worked that week. I think this very beneficial as a nurse so you know when your in overtime

Workforce Central review by David W.
David W.

"Kronos for HEalthcare"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and the ability to make all the necessary changes to account for pay rules and practices.

What do you dislike?

The lack of reporting available right out of the box. The learning curve necessary to create ad-hoc reporting seems a bit new and the maturity of this process will be key to creating this to be a class A product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to

The rules and pay practices made the process of installation of this project to slow down as there are many across states and jurisdictions.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Difficult to use for our needs"

What do you like best?

Back end is usually pretty easy to manage. Missed punch ins or outs are easy to see on an individual sheet. Easy to see all of your employees and needs.

What do you dislike?

Odd glitches some times. Takes a lot more effort to approve individuals with more than one job title. This is probably our biggest issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is more work if you have many employees with different job titles. They have been receptive to feedback on issues that have arisen.

It allows the students a consistent way to clock in every time.

"Payroll Accuracy"

What do you like best?

Kronos is so dependable on all levels. It is so important to have an accurate payroll for any organization. Problems with Payroll can create instant moral problems with staff. Kronos provides an accurate payroll at all times and all features. The timekeeping system is the best.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The only downside we found was in the implementation process. We took training classes on-line with other users. The class has to go as slow as the slowest user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Got for it!!!! Kronos is the best and can serve your need at any level. You will be able to add services as needed.

We have experienced cost effectiveness. Because of the accuracy and ease of use, we are spending less time on payroll.

Workforce Central review by Jon H.
Jon H.

"Great for scheduling"

What do you like best?

Loved using this to manage the schedules of a very large team. Incorporating sales forecast and freight management to make the best possible schedule.

What do you dislike?

Our version didn't have the best integration for team members/employees to request swap shifts or time off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was difficult for us to migrate to Kronos from Max Payroll and train all leaders on the new system. Carefully planned training is imperative to make sure you team buys in and understands the new system.

Large team scheduling based on forecasted sales and freight flow. Time off management.

Workforce Central review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"User-Friendly Tool for Time Capturing and Leave Reporting"

What do you like best?

Going from a paper based system to this fully automated solution has saved us time and has increased accuracy and efficiency. Pay rules are now applied consistently.

What do you dislike?

The system is not as intuitive for Managers that oversee employees with multiple positions.

Time capturing and leave tracking is more accurate, rules are applied consistently, and reporting capabilities allow us to monitor hours worked across the organization. It eliminated the need to manually enter hours into our ERP off of paper time-cards.

"Kronos User Experience"

What do you like best?

Simple graphics, streamlined user-interface. Allows for use with or without Java install. This is important in companies that require admin password to update software to most current version. Updates do not always occur in a timely fashion.

What do you dislike?

Interface could be improved by limiting options in the drop down and the tool bar. Options in pull down and tool bar should be user specific. Difficult to use via mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a 1-page user guide that includes definitions of abbreviated pay codes as a reminder. Include screen shot showing specific points of required data entry.

Accurate time accounting. Easier to submit timely reports to HR.

Workforce Central review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"Workforce Central Timekeeper is a good product for time and labor management"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central Timekeeper has been a great product for managing time and attendance. It is robust and allows a large degree of customizability to the needs of our company. Also, Kronos in general has had exceptional customer support. If a time clock goes down or something is preventing payroll from being exported, Kronos will put a priority on the case and get things up and running quickly. With the Gold Support program, a replacement time clock will typically show up within 24 hours of a broken one being reported. In the case of payroll, a high level representative will typically be available within 2 hours of a problem being reported, if the first level of support can not handle the case.

What do you dislike?

Version upgrades to Workforce Central are very expensive. If you desire to upgrade your version of Workforce Central to the current version, at any given time, Kronos requires the company to purchase that version and full implementation. In other words, lets say you want to upgrade from Workforce Central version 6.1 to version 6.2. This would require the purchase of the new version and upgrade implementation fees. However, any existing licensing does not need to be repurchased and carries over version to version. Finally, on a total separate note, Workforce Central requires the use of Java.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos Workforce Central is a product I would recommend if the company has large enough of a demand. However, Kronos also has a product called Workforce Ready that is worth investigating before diving into Workforce Central, if the company has slightly lesser needs. It is still very robust.

We are able to manage a labor force that has consisted of over 500 employees spread across 2 countries and multiple states while quickly and easily being able to keep accurate timekeeping and labor tracking as individuals are transferred between job sets.