Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central

3.9

The Kronos Workforce Central® suite was built on the belief that you shouldn’t have to sacrifice the features and functionality you want for the simplicity you need. It puts time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR, payroll, hiring, and labor analytics into a single integrated workforce management system that can help your organization be more productive, reduce labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve employee engagement.

Work for Kronos Workforce Central?

Learning about Workforce Central?

Kronos Workforce Central Reviews

Ask Workforce Central a Question
Showing 630 Workforce Central reviews
Workforce Central review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

Kronos offers a variety of services and in my workplace we use all of these services. Our managers use this to make schedules and sales associates as well as supervisors and managers themselves are able to view their schedule, via online or via mobile app. They are also able to request time off. This is a section from Kronos that I admire most.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much to dislike about Kronos but I suppose as far as scheduling goes, please make Kronos more available for all devices not just apple or the main android phones. I had an employee who couldn’t use the service on her mobile device because either her phone could not support it or the program wasn’t compatible. This is the only clear problem that has risen.

As mentioned before Kronos in our workplace is used for all it’s features but primarily in scheduling on a weekly/ daily basis. The benefits of this program that stick out is the features one little part of Kronos provides. You can easily schedule. Request time off. View your schedule, and Kronos even offers the ability to view and manage our payroll affectively. Within this program we solve problems such as going over payroll, scheduling issues (Kronos offers a simple schedule automation) and we can easily adjust to fit our company needs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Central
Workforce Central review by Heather G.
Heather G.

"Not reliable"

What do you like best?

In theory it's a nice idea. Our clock in system requires ID badges that you have to scan when clocking in or out, and there's several Kronos machines stationed throughout the hospital. You can approve your timecard, check your hours, PTO, pretty much everything regarding your paychecks and hours right on the Kronos stations.

What do you dislike?

Not the least bit reliable, my job requires me to have 2 separate badges, one for access to certain parts of the hospital as a key card, and the other is my Kronos time clock badge. They rest one on top of the other on my lanyard and for the first few weeks, when I would try to clock in and out, the machine would confuse both the badges because my key card was too close to the machine and it would tell me that it had punched me in, and a couple days later I got a call from my boss asking me why I wasn't using my badge and I was almost written up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe consider exploring all your options for timekeeping, this is a great program but there are plenty of kinks still needing to be worked out. From my understanding, (I've been with my current job for about 7 months) they've had this timekeeping system at work for at least the last 2-3 years, and every single employee has issues with it at one point or another. even the most experienced users there have issues because it's a very glitchy program. But as I stated earlier, when it works, it's excellent.

It takes away the need for time cards and having to manually enter in hours at the end of the week, updates your punches in real time and it definitely is a time saver when working properly

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

Workforce Central review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Love this for time-keeping"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see everything, the ease of navigation and how easy it is to clock in and out. I like that I can clock in, clock out, check my earnings history and approve my time card within minutes. It keeps track of earning histories for 12 months so I can easily go back and print pay stubs off for specific dates. Came in handy when buying my car and my home. Would not want to use anything else. All of my coworkers like it as well.

What do you dislike?

I do no dislike anything about program. It's great. My only peeve is that I cannot access it offline. If we lose power or the internet goes out, we cannot clock in, clock out or check our time. We are not allowed to use our version with mobile so it can be annoying if I have to call my manger (who is in a different office) and ask her to clock me in and out. We live in a rural area though with sometimes poor internet and while being able to work offline would be great, I'm sure that not everyone will have this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any recommendations, it is pretty easy to use and basically self explanatory.

I can, check my punches, see what I need to fix before the end of the pay period, approve my time card and check earnings history all in one program.

Workforce Central review by Samuel K.
Samuel K.

"Extremely professional support service"

What do you like best?

Kronos offers top notch support experience. The high quality level of support make up for some of the shortcomings in Workforce Central offerings. I definitely like the direction Kronos is heading with its Dimension offering. I am fully enamored by it but the migration path is a major concern as my company currently utilizes Kronos HR as well.

What do you dislike?

The product lacks built in workflow management that should be standard in an enterprise ERP system. Interfaces are less than desirable substitutes for an end to end workflow management feature. As I previously stated, I really like the Dimension product but the migration path for current Kronos HR customers must be made easier. Being forced to go through Workforce Ready as a transition stop is basically a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide an easier migration path to Dimenions for current Kronos HR customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time management, HR, and Payroll areas are what my company currently subscribe to. We are considering Performance and Absentee modules.

Workforce Central review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Great Product with great support behind it."

What do you like best?

Ease of use for end users. Straight forward from a business perspective with very little difficulty in navigating changes that need to be made to the system. I like my "partnership" with Kronos, I am not just a customer to them. This isn't always the way it was but it is now. I also like that I can call and get assistance from my Cloud contact, Customer satisfaction contact or our Sales Rep. Whenever I reach out to this group I get a response almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes aren't with the product they are with my end users using the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is a large organization but doesn't act like one. Anything that you will be a part of with Kronos will always be done with the highest standards. Ask a lot of questions of the Sales person your speaking with and most importantly, ask for customer references. I know what your thinking, they are going to provide only those that give positive glowing reviews, but remember this, positive glowing reviews sometimes come as a result of an issue that you might have worked through with your service provider. As a result of the actions taken and professionalism shown that would be why your review is what it is.

I have been called by potential customers of Kronos and have been honest with them about my experiences. A true business reference needs to be that way and not one sided in either way.

As a company, we are coast to coast, which means we have employees in CA, OR, AZ and NV. Each of these have some oddities that are easier to deal with having Kronos and being able to build out specific rule sets for each location. We have also been able to turn over the time card maintenance feature to our plant supervision with HR getting involved only when asked, to train, or on payroll day.

Workforce Central review by Vicki G.
Vicki G.

"It was a long process to get it working correctly."

What do you like best?

I like both programs, Telestaff and WFC, but wish there were a bit more flexibility in some areas. Reporting is still an issue for us, but we are working around it with some creativity.

What do you dislike?

Even after two years I do not feel that the department I work for got adequate training. Originally we were only going to use Telestaff and then 2 weeks before we went live we pulled our Civilian employees out of Telestaff. Officers use Telestaff, and Civilians use WFC. I am administrator of both. It's been trial and error throughout the process. A bit over a year after go live, May 27, 2017, things are going very well at last! Our payroll and time and attendance was a very manual process before Kronos. I have noticed that it now takes more time and more people to do what I did before, which is very surprising to me. Maybe it will smooth out over time. Either way, I am happy we are at this point of automation.

We are now paying our civilian employees following guidelines of the remainder of the City employees.

Workforce Central review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"From my CTO position Kronos is meeting our needs and capable of a lot more."

What do you like best?

I most like the team of individuals that we have had the opportunity to work with as we have implemented a few of their modules including, TimeKeeper, TeleStaff, HRIS and Payroll.

What do you dislike?

Our project implementations took a little longer than I had hoped they would have. As a result some of our internal and Kronos team members have changed roles. There is always someone else to take an open spot but it challenges to continuity a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Kronos team understands their modules and how they work. To be successful, it is dependent on the organization having defined rules, processes and procuders. With these, Kronos can build the necessary configurations to ensure the functionality matches. It is up to the company to have these things well documented, it will make implementation much easier.

Centralizing our timekeeping and hours calculation across all departments within the city has been very helpful. We will be seeing more accuracy in the calculations of our hours worked and payroll rules with easier management and oversight than we had previously.

Workforce Central review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Kronos - easy time card access"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to log hours in the workplace by using Kronos. It is not a complicated tool. It is a tool that I feel more companies should implement because of the practicality and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There is not a thing I dislike about Kronos. There was no training that was necessary to become a pro at using Kronos to keep track of my hours. One thing I dislike - is more from a company standpoint because my company does not utilize the mobile app. I feel like this would be key to employees who may be home sick on a day where the time card needs approval. This then leads to the employee having to approve the time card late when they get back into the office. With the app, said employee would be able to easily do this from their mobile phone while at home, and not hold up the payroll process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Easy to use, no training necessary.

I do not solve business problems with Kronos, I simply use it as an employee. It makes for logging time off, whether planned or unplanned, simple. I simply approve my time card after the 2 week pay period, and get paid the following week. Simple as that! If I did use it at a greater capacity, I feel as though it would be a breeze and extremely helpful.

Workforce Central review by John P.
John P.

"Great all around tool"

What do you like best?

Kronos is very streamlined and works great in a healthcare environment. The options to float hours, transfer hours between locations, and code worked hours for employees is critical when clinical staff move between units and teams in a single shift. For the employee, it is very self-managed and if implemented correctly it is not the expected time-consuming process for managers and supervisors once employees are held accountable. Tracking leaves, vacations, and sick time is very simple for all parties involved. Due to the amount of data that can be customized it allows for great report running not only for your team, but for the entire organization. When it comes to pay, you don’t want to skimp on your resources or you may risk legal repercussions when it comes to federal labor laws.

What do you dislike?

There can be a bit of a learning curve for managers when they’re supervising a large team (25+) of exempt, non-exempt, per diem, or on-call staff. Varying types of pay codes exist and in healthcare hours can be reflected very differently. The system can also be a little tricky when running a 24/7/365 operations such as a hospital, but fortunately there is support with Kronos. When employees are not held accountable for maintaining their weekly or bi-weekly time sheet it can fall heavily on managers to clean up/fix/submit dozens of leave requests and hours on their behalf. If you get ahead of this problem and make teams accountable it does not become much of an issue. As with any time keeping system training employee is always a challenge, but I would argue Kronos offers a simple setup for most learners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement an annual training both for team members as well as supervising approvers. Federal labor laws can change at anytime so being prepared to educate what's required by the worker, but also by the manager will help protect the organization from legal investigations. Training is the most critical because one person cannot manage a large organization of time cards, and each individual needs to be held accountable regardless of their role.

With the Kronos database, operational leaders and our chief financial officer have started looking at labor metrics that have played a critical role in strategic initiatives. With changes in healthcare reimbursement we had to quickly start monitoring both employee hours, but have also managed to begin tracking contract labor hours – which in any healthcare institution is always present. By tracking both paid and contract labor we have much more accurate financials to build off for our other operational healthcare delivery efforts. A big factor in healthcare has been overtime for years, and with Kronos we’re able to identify areas with the most overtime down to the individual workers. Kronos has granted the organization a level of quality assurance, and it in return has protected the organization from time card fraud or mismanaged pay by managers.

Workforce Central review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Best clock in system I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

My favorite features of Kronos include the fact that I am able to clock at work at any workstation located within the hospital within a matter of 2 seconds or the swipe of a badge.

Another feature which has been extremely handy is having the ability to look at my direct deposit pay stubs before the checks are even sent to the bank, that way I can budget a few days before my money is made available.

Lastly, my favorite thing about Kronos is the fact it is accessible from work, my home computer, or my mobile device. That being said immediately upon logging in to Kronos I am able to see exactly how many hours and on what days I have worked, as well as how much PTO and sick pay I have accumulated over the course of a pay period.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike regarding Kronos is the ease of use for generating a time bank adjustment. For example, if I forget to clock in, I can add a missed punch adjustment; however, for some reason I cannot figure out how to add only one punch. Instead the software doesn't seem to allow you to enter only one missed punch, but requires you enter a punch in and punch out.

Coming from a millennial who considers themselves relatively tech savy, It's confusing and I end up needing my boss to adjust the time clock from their side in the end anyway because I have typically ended up messing up my timecard even more than it was to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work thoroughly recommend kronos to any business looking for a more efficient time banking system. I have worked for several large corporations ranging from retail to healthcare; all of which had their own time clock system, as an employee, Kronos is by far my favorite software bar none.

In my opinion, Kronos is kind of an all around great software for any business that is looking to monitor employee time cards and payroll. Kronos, especially when paired with its badge-swipe workstations are amazingly easy to clock in and out of, and automatically uploads that information to the online application. Not to mention HR and payroll departments can collect any payment preferences or time card reporting issues all in one convenient location.

Workforce Central review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Archaic and Practical"

What do you like best?

It functions and with some graphic interface behind it. Once you understand Kronos logic, it's not difficult to navigate

What do you dislike?

It doesn't operate like other graphic interfaces, so you have to learn the Kronos GI logic. Which still employs some archaic practices. There are no simple buttons. I would suggest a Windows 10 layout, where large icons take you directly to your need, like inputing leave time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not really. I think there a program that is as practical as Kronos, and yet has a usability that can fit a more familiar interface.

We utilize it to monitor and put in our leave. I believe other departments at Clemson use more of the program than we do, but we use it to input leave. In terms of benefits, it simply catalogs leave, that's it. And it doesn't not do it incredibly easily.

Workforce Central review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ability to view my time worked and the math automatically calculated within the application while I was an non-exempt user. Currently as an exempt user I use Kronos primarily for tracking my time off accruals and balances when used.

What do you dislike?

The reporting engine in our implementation of Kronos seems to be not user friendly. This may be caused by how the software is implemented to us as users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have to say that Kronos is a great tool for tracking worked time and time off. Since I have worked for the company it's the only tool that we have used.

The primary focus of our company's implementation for Kronos is for Time and Attendance. Other departments within our company used the Time-Off Request module for tracking which is currently not used by my particular department within the company.

Workforce Central review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Excellent product for time keeping and attendance tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the way Kronos can be custom fit to my needs in the Genies. I utilize this tool for many aspects and to give people what they need quickly.

The schedule gives an easy view to see where issues are and updates the time card immediately and the attendance application for supervisors overnight.

One of my favorite things about Kronos is not just the program but the knowledgeable staff that call you when you do happen to have an issue you can't resolve on your own. They take the time to listen and then help you fix the problem. If they are unable to assist, they will always go up the chain until they find someone who has the answer or can work on it until it is fixed.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not user friendly and you may have a report but be unable to choose a specific pay code or specific needs. That said Kronos has many reports that do exactly what you need but if a custom situation arrives, it is not as easy as I would like. I love Kronos

The pay code on the timecard does not show if it has a comment in the schedule. That would be helpful to keep from going back and forth to see if they left an audit trail.

When going from the time card to the schedule, the week being viewed does not stay. The timecard can be Previous and the schedule opens at Current.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to talk out what you need because they have the answers if you just let them know the direction you are headed.

Time keeping, attendance tracking

We upgraded from Iseries to Central in June of 2017. This version is much more user friendly and has the ability to "see" problems quickly.

Workforce Central review by Lexi K.
Lexi K.

"Not the most intuitive time sheet module"

What do you like best?

I like that Kronos Workforce Central displays the time card and the accruals bank on the same page since I am always curious to see how my PTO is building up. You can also see time cards from previous weeks or future time cards which can be helpful. Another good feature is that is counts up your hours on the side as you enter in your time, to make sure you are meeting your weekly hours, (if you're an hourly employee, that is).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Kronos is not very intuitive. Particular the "pay code" section where you enter in other hours, like Sick Time, or PTO, when you are taking time off. What I find to be confusing is when you have to split your day between hours worked and hours off. For example, if you worked a half-day and left at noon for your vacation. The process is kind of challenging. Additionally, Kronos can be buggy at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only other time card software I've used is PayChex Flex. Kronos appears to be a bit more simple than PayChex, but it is probably a matter of personal preference. For example, Kronos does not provide a box for text, if you need to explain anything about your time card, whereas Paychex does.

Kronos is the quick and easy electronic way for employees, especially hourly employees, to track their bi-weekly hours and any time that has been taken off. I imagine from the finance department's perspective, it is a very helpful tool in process this information.

Workforce Central review by Skyler A.
Skyler A.

"Not as user friendly as it could be"

What do you like best?

I feel pretty neutral about what I like about Kronos. One feature that is good about it is that it is simple enough to access your schedule through the mobile app. The mobile app is much easier to use than the website version.

What do you dislike?

The Kronos web version is not user-friendly in my experience because I often have trouble making time off requests and accessing my schedule as the layout is different than the mobile app. Also, on both the mobile and web versions, I receive notifications about open shifts and when I click on the notifications it does not direct me to a page where I can accept the shift. The notification system is confusing in this way because I have no idea where to go on the app to accept open shifts. I would also suggest displaying the schedules in calendar format so it is more visual and easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a user perspective, Kronos is confusing, but the mobile application is sort of user-friendly. The web version is not very user-friendly and I would not recommend using it.

I like that I can request time off through the app and communicate this information to management easily and much in advance.

Workforce Central review by Crystal M.
Crystal M.

"Continuous upward development, but with some speedbumps along the way."

What do you like best?

I like the consideration the company puts into not "breaking" the product for existing users, as new configurations and ideas are developed.

Mobile functions are good, and critical to helping employers keep staff connected and engaged.

What do you dislike?

Having a restriction in how Job Transfer Sets work. I need JTS to have autoscheduler schedule staff as I want, but, I want staff to have a more open access to be able to swap and cover shifts.

The order of the selection fields on the Requests Manager Widget are not configurable as to the order they present in. It makes no sense to have to set the third item from the left (request type) then move tot he first item and set the date, this back and forth is not intuitive and simply a basic ignorance of how a user would navigate the page.

Schedule patterns and templates make scheduling easier across the company, also having an audit trail to be able to easily look into what happened, when, and by who has been super helpful to make sure compliance items are followed or issues solved.

Workforce Central review by Kendra S.
Kendra S.

"Not as User Friendly as You Might Expect"

What do you like best?

Kronos WFC functionality is very expandable to meet various needs and requirements from the business. Once you understand why Kronos works the way it does and the configuration, it makes sense but for the bulk of our associates (managers, etc.) they don't care about the ins and outs of the functionality.

What do you dislike?

Kronos WFC 8.0.14 functions as it's configured but is not always intuitive or user friendly. Many users (managers specifically) have concerns with their access because they see too many employees or they do not see the correct associates at the right time (ex: transferred employees). Access is done automatically but there are still a lot of questions since we have secondary, third, etc. positions with a lot of our workforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your implementation partner is working for YOUR benefit. This is very hard to determine in the beginning but it's important to understand not only what they know about Kronos but understand the business reasons and want to invest themselves into your organization to figure this out. This is not a black and white process but if you have a poor implementation partner, it will go downhill quickly.

Additionally, don't rely on KGS to provide expert-level support. This is base-level support, at best, and don't hesitate to ask questions even if it includes asking for another opinion. KGS is a level-1 support team that will not necessarily look into your configuration - they will likely look at the problem (regardless of industry) and provide whatever solution is likely in the KB or on the Kronos Community. Ask additional questions and for escalation if you don't feel you're getting the support you need.

Problems are primarily with manager access and understanding why. Our timekeepers have also struggled with having too much access and are now limited in what they can do (which has been much needed for many years). Kronos, for our organization, has grown many bad habits with access and lack of accountability that we uncovered when we upgraded. Due to this drastic change, user adoption has suffered and Kronos is seen as a "terrible" product within our organization.

Benefits include the fact that accountability and responsibility are more enforced by utilizing Kronos, it truly takes away accountability and responsibility from one party and transfers a lot of it back to the associate which is where it should primarily reside.

Workforce Central review by Angella L.
Angella L.

"Kronos is awesome"

What do you like best?

Kronos is one of my favorite programs. We have recently upgraded to 8.0 and we love it! We are also using ATK and mobile. I have used Kronos for over 16 years and the product continues to amaze me. We are excited to upgrade to 8.1 soon and then Dimensions. New features in Kronos gives our managers and associates access to be sure they are paid correctly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

We are now in the cloud and we seem to have a challenge with support. It is getting better as we have worked with PM's and others to better the communication. I also feel like that we were not told everything about the new functionality that we brought on.

Overtime and payroll corrections. We have now put the power in associates hands. They have visibility to their timecard. They use GTOR and submit missed punches. We also require them to approve their timecard.

Workforce Central review by Bryan K.
Bryan K.

"Retail Kronos Customer"

What do you like best?

Analytics provides us with a wealth of information and provides us with the ability to pull our own reporting without SQL knowledge. The customization abilities of the navigators/workspaces make it great for differentiating user access and needs.

What do you dislike?

While Analytics is one of my favorite items, the integration piece/lack of real time data is a drain. Glad to hear that is remedied in Dimensions. There are plenty of other screens/displays I wish were customizable, for example, Forecast Manager, Productivity Monitor. As a retail client, Advanced Scheduler is very relied upon but would be great if there were some improvements to the Tablet interface for scheduler to keep our management on the sales floor. There are gaps in the Accruals where policies can be "broken" causing issues with further pay code edits. Auditing functionality is robust, but very tricky to read or report upon without Custom engagement, causing a lot of manual work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you are very specific with your needs up front and anticipate future needs when building customs. Reporting can be robust, but sometimes not as clean or customizable as desired. Support is great from KGS and the community provides a wealth of knowledge for furthering your own abilities in the system without needing to engage.

We're able to schedule and review coverage at the 15 minute level for stable customer to staff ratios, to ensure we have the right customer service level. Accruals are centralized in the system, reducing the need for multiple systems of record.

Workforce Central review by Justin L.
Justin L.

"I'm reviewing the customer service aspect of kronos, and workforce central as a whole."

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ease and availability of kronos customer service. Anytime I have a question about how to change something in HRPR setup or questions about a position setup, they are always so helpful. Also, the navigator screen is really user friendly, and easy to switch from screens such as timekeeper, HRPR, interfaces, etc.

What do you dislike?

I do have a problem with HRPR quereys (spelling?) I don't like not being able to set a time period for the query.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like Workforce central. From a HR perspective, it is very user friendly, and for things I do not understand, kronos customer service is excellent.

During the kronos works conference, i have learned that after our upgrade to 8.1, which is going live at the first of the year, we will be able to use business intelligence reporting, which I am very excited about. This will eliminate the problem mentioned above about not being able to set a time period for the report to run from in HRPR query.

Workforce Central review by Nordia  B.
Nordia B.

"Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I used the system for approval and analytics. I like that is very user friendly and includes so many optional features, and in addition, multiple ways to access the tools you use most frequently. Most of all, I like that I can sort and change my view to fit my personal preference.

What do you dislike?

I dislike using multiple steps to complete a single task in Kronos 8. I would like the option to have the time card approval option to also save changes. In addition I would like for the menu selection to sit closer to each other , so I do not have to scroll to one side of the page to save and the opposite side to run a report. It may seem like a small problem, but when you’re approving 500 time cards in a single day, you’re always looking for way to reduce steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It’s awesome!

The biggest benefit will come from our upgrades that are currently in transition, which includes the scheduling system, absence management, and Kronos acuity.

Workforce Central review by Karen W.
Karen W.

" Great way of monitoring employees time"

What do you like best?

i like that the time sheets are easy to read and you get alerts when people forget to punch in and out, I also like there are so many possible things to do with this time keeping system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the version we are on still has some glitches like example when you add a new employee you have to put some info into the comments section and save it and then go back in and remove it before you or a manager can actually start adding punch in and outs. I don't like that our company doesn't utilize so many of the things this system can offer. id like more training classes on site at home at reasonable priced options for companys and the biggest one is our company wont let us have a connection and kronos says they have to use what they can for loging into our systems but because of security reasons we cant use that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

utilize all the things you can

keeping track of time.

Workforce Central review by Megan C.
Megan C.

"Kronos Workforce Central - an all-encompassing system"

What do you like best?

The aspect of Kronos Workforce Central that I enjoy the most, is how user friend it is. Having worked previously with another payroll system, I was nervous to convert to WFC. My nerves were short lived. I am able to easily navigate the system, and if I run into any issues there is an amazing team of support professionals available with just a phone call. I have yet to have a negative experience while calling Kronos Global Support. I like the carousel that contains all of the materials I need to successfully complete any aspect of the payroll process.

What do you dislike?

If there is anything that I would have to categorize as a dislike I would say having to call Kronos when we have effective dates that have to be changed, that would be my only "complaint" - The tool they use, though, is pretty amazing! It makes it nice to have a "clean" record. It seems we have had a lot of effective date issues recently, and I think that it just prompts us to provide continued education to our users on the importance of checking the information entered prior to saving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to update the appearance!

Beginning January 2019, our organization (roughly 2300 employees) is going to discontinue the outsourcing of certain payroll processed and we will be doing it all in-house. It is a very exciting time to be involved with all of the necessary steps, and Kronos has provided us with some amazing training. Having the ability to house all payroll functions under one system is what I love about WFC. We have recently completed the entire setup process for Workforce Acquisition and I cannot wait to see how that helps with employee retention in the future.

Workforce Central review by Sally L.
Sally L.

"Meeting other Users"

What do you like best?

The part that makes it the best is the oppourtunity to meet other users. The contacts you get are a great resouce.The other part is the oppoutunity to talk with the Kronos about current concerns and ways to get fix. Getting to see what is coming.

What do you dislike?

All the walking :) This year there are many good sessions at the same time and connot attend both. It is very confusling when trying to create your agenda.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with Kronos they know what they are doing. They will but you in the right direction. Ask lots of questions. Talk to other customes find out what worked best for them. Get buy in at the top and make sure they are involved. Make employees accountable from the start. This is their way to make sure they are paid correctly.

We use Kronos in three ways that allow us to manage our staffing on a daily basis. Advanced schedulding, Workforce cental and Kronos Analtics. Using all three allows managers to manager their staff on a daily baisis for attendence and hours that affect the bottom line.

Workforce Central review by GinaRose G.
GinaRose G.

"Great product for Retailers - DImensions"

What do you like best?

From what I understand, there is flexibility in this tool. We are currently using Dimensions. What I appreciate about that tool is the ability of Kronos to integrate with other tools like Phobio, Passport, etc. to fully manage our remote field team

What do you dislike?

I don't have negative feedback as we are not using Workforce Central, but are actually on Dimensions. I understand that we've had a few challenges during implementation, but that's to be expected. Our team has been very happy with the partnership and service level provided, especially as we are integrating multiple products.

With Dimensions, we are solving the problem of scheduling with our team. We are also using the Phobio integration to communicate socially with our teams, which is critical with the type of employees we have on our retail teams. Passport has also been a great tool to reduce windshield time for our team!

Workforce Central review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Smooth Implementation and Great Product Team"

What do you like best?

The user experience on the latest version of WorkForce Central 8 is great. Our users have all commented on how much easier the product is to use since we implemented this from v6.3. The new functionality for wizards has made our weekly sign off process so much slicker and we now have far fewer issues at pay period close.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features which could be opened up more, such as the calendar views. Being able to view for groups of employees not just individuals would make it a far more powerful tool.

We have also experienced some issues with firmware compatability with certain smartview transactions which could be cleaned up.

Workforce Central is allowing us to create more powerful accrual models to enable us to more effectively and accurately manage our holiday accruals for our employees, ensuring we stay compliant with each country's legal rules.

Workforce Central review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Once you get the basic understanding of the Kronos Timekeeper product, it is very simple to use. Everything starts to make sense and you can understand how things flow from one another. Once you feel that you are ready for the next step, then they are more tasks that you can accomplish, such as creating genies and other setup configurations.

What do you dislike?

The only that is disliked are a couple different configurations that throw the system off. It's very unfortunate that we are only presented with 3 date fields in Kronos. Also, Genies are very dependent on ONLY the employees that the manager has access to. Even if someone transfers into the manager's department, they have no record of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand exactly what you want accomplished with using the product. Our biggest issue with Kronos is the fact that we have thousands of position codes. We have more position codes than we do employees. We created positions codes for Full Time, Part Time, Supervisory and Supplemental. So for each position that we have in Kronos, we essentially have 4 codes for 1 position.

Timekeeping and Core HR is what we solve the most with the product. It has come in handy for the preparing for budgeting purposes as well as getting accurate pay rates for each of our employees. The shift differentials are very easy to use and understand coming out of the system.

Workforce Central review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Adjusting to change for the good"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the cross hair option on the quick actions while editing multiple schedules at the same time. When I teach other managers how they can use this, they are amazed but also sad that they hadn't learned this feature sooner.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the flash updates that come with this version of Kronos. Sometimes the flash page appears once a day. Other days it appears 5 or more times. This also happens regardless of what browser I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a work in progress but excited to see what future updates bring to the table.

Advanced scheduling has solved a lot of problems for my business in the healthcare field. Benefits to this version is that we no longer have to have Java to use it. Our managers are still adjusting but once they accept change, I think they will appreciate this version more.

Workforce Central review by Newton M.
Newton M.

"Almost 20 years on Kronos WFC products and going strong"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that that through the years I have always felt like I have had multiple avenues to voice my likes, dislikes and challenges with the products. Our rep has always taken time to know our company and suggest real solutions. Even though all my suggestions are not implemented, I have had the feeling like I'm heard.

I like the community feeling.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the rest of the world has found My Kronos, and now it does take more time to get changes to some products. In the early days, I had less competition.

Our needs and our industry needs need the core tool to be a little more robust, and it is taking a while to get there. Yea Dimisions

Having our time worked, schedules all together and feed into our analytic and reporting tools is much more efficient.

Workforce Central review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Gran programa para las gestión del tiempo trabajado"

What do you like best?

Kronos es una herramienta sólida para realizar un seguimiento de los horarios e informes de los empleados. La interfaz es decente, pero Kronos tiene muchas capacidades y funciones potentes que encontramos útiles. Me gusta la capacidad de poder utilizarlo en cualquier dispositivo y es fácil de aprender. Me gusta que calcule mi tiempo en minutos para decidir exactamente cuánto trabajo

What do you dislike?

Si pido una semana de vacaciones (5 días), mi jefe recibe 5 correos electrónicos separados con 5 solicitudes por separado para cada uno de los días. Debería tener una función para no sobrecargar las bandejas de entrada de correo electrónico de los administradores con notificaciones. Además, cuando veo los días solicitados, es difícil ver todo cuando los días están dispersos. Yo prefiero que estén juntos. Además, cuando mi tiempo libre se aprueba, recibo 5 correos electrónicos por separado para todos los días separados. Eso es desordenado e innecesario para un software que debería ser más inteligente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo mucho a Kronos. Lo he usado durante casi 1 año y siempre he tenido una experiencia agradable. Es muy simple de usar y tiene todo lo que necesita relacionado con la fuerza de trabajo.

Muchos beneficios de programación. Puedes solicitar un trabajo adicional, solicitar el tiempo de vacaciones, hacer tu propio horario y se actualiza continuamente

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"HR Functional Support Analyst"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the complete software as it has the ability to perform Payroll along with Time and Attendance. Also you can take it on the go with mobile where you can use your iPhone, Tablet, or Droid phone to keep track of Scheduling, accruals, and time.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the functionality of the mobile portion it does have its limitations compared to using the desktop version. However over time and with the development of Dimensions these issues will be a thing of the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say definitely take a look at Kronos and also consider moving to Dimensions as it has more functionality as to all of the older versions.

We primarily are using Kronos to track exception time for our Rig employees however we are planning to introduce the completed time punch and accruals in the near future. With the use of positive time tracking we can definitely see what the employees are doing and when they are actually punching in and out.

Workforce Central review by Administrator

"Kronos Central "

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central has the ability to process not only our complex union contracts but also pay the simple salary payrolls with ease. By using intouch clocks we are able to gather all of the transaction in our labor force and insure they are paid properly at the right pay rate. It also provides us the tools to track our PTO and FLMA cases. Ability to program ourselves and not have to wait for support to be accessible for us

What do you dislike?

Our HR department would say the complexity of the people editor and how to know what to attach when. wish we had more detailed reporting out of the timekeeper side (did not purchase analytics) Very easy for one person to mess up a pile of employees. Complex for some end users to understand where to click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is still putting in money into this product. Do not be afraid of this being eliminated

Ability to track FLMA, PTO Attendance points, (all union items) without having to run a ton of reports. It was able to program our contract and remove manual steps All in one product. removal of manual steps in vacation for the office, attendance tracking reentry in access and the points calculations for the floor

Can program the contract ourselves. Created a whole new company with very little help

Workforce Central review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Overall a great system that has helped us create efficiencies at our company"

What do you like best?

Kronos consultants and implementation team have been great to help us understand what is possible from a integration and workflow efficiency standpoint for timecards and our payroll processors. Our end users are much more happy as their time to process payroll has been significantly reduced compared to our previous payroll system. We have received great customer service for any issues that come up.

What do you dislike?

Like any other software, frequent updates, patches, etc are burdensome and time consuming to test and install. It seems like the software has continually been evolving (a good thing), but each change requires more investment from our company resources to keep up with and administer.

It seems like the software has been constructed in a way that there are different "pieces" Examples are talent acquisition, reporting modules, timekeeper, payroll, HR/Benefits. These are built in a way that they can market all or pieces of the solution but what it has created is a system that if you're using everything is somewhat burdensome to administer as a whole. Not all pieces communicate as effectively as you would hope of like when using all of the solutions as one software. As a result, our software administrator has the most complaints about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos has developed Kronos Dimensions recently and it's up in the air a little to me regarding their commitment to continue to invest in Kronos Workforce Central.

We are able to integrate work tracked in a separate system onto the timecard. This is beneficial for calculating end user/employee productivity and creating reports that are linked with our payroll data. This helps us look for trends and manage our labor pool.

Workforce Central review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Could use some user interface upgrades, but overall quite useful"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to see all of my direct reports on one screen. I also find the notifications and widgets useful.

What do you dislike?

I often have to click through multiple screens to get the information I want. In particular, I have a hard time getting to or generating the correct report to get the information I need. I know the information is there, but it can be challenging to know which report is needed, as some of the names are not intuitive for the user. There is definitely a learning curve for supervisors to manager their staff using WFC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing a quick review as part of the orientation process, as well as creating/utilizing work guides can be helpful for employees/new users.

One problem we are solving is being able to more easily monitor staff budget/spend, as well as track schedules/labor hours. Another benefit is being able to easily monitor overtime. As a public sector employee this is something that is very important to us The benefits of establishing set schedules is also convenient.

Workforce Central review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Project Manager/User Perspective on Kronos Talent and Time-off Request"

What do you like best?

Prior to the implementation of Kronos, we performed all tasks related to talent acquisition and time tracking on paper. I hear the gasps! Both modules increase our efficiency and provide a secure, central location for data previously located in file drawers.

What do you dislike?

I work for a quasi-government agency. We required a significant amount of customization on Kronos Talent Acquisition and Time-off Request because of the complexity of our record keeping and time tracking. The team supporting the customization was responsive and pleasant. On the flip side, I didn't always believe they understood what they could or could not do to accommodate us. Plus, the unfixable typos on some screens drove me nuts!

Moving from paper to a secure, central location for our talent acquisition and time keeping data has improved the efficiency of both of those processes. In addition, we save a significant amount of time on data tracking and retrieval.

Workforce Central review by User

"Best timecard software!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of clocking in and out. I also like that it has the ability to "meal in" and "meal out" for your lunch breaks. You can also edit and review your time card, which gives you the ability to approve your shifts or reject, if you need something fixed. It keeps track of missed breaks, allows you to set up a monthly schedule on a calendar, and also has a caregiver links tab.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes editing your time card can be confusing. Our boss had to send us a memo, with a step-by-step instruction guide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of keeping time is amazing. Please ask for help with any editing of time or approval/rejections of time card. Sometimes it can be tricky.

It's solving time card issues. We are able to be more efficient with our time keeping and are able to manage our own time cards.

Workforce Central review by Robert T.
Robert T.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I think some of the best parts of the system are GTOR and Delegate functionality. Especially when compared to other products I have used and supported.

What do you dislike?

I think it's safe to say that learning Navigators was a bit challenging because it was very different from the previous versions. But I got the hang of it and I think its useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time for managers. You don't have worry about paper tracking of in/out times. Check out the biometric clocks, very nice! Make sure you understand what your Kronos will connect to, in terms of data interfacing with other application.

Centralizing time off request, delegation, payroll process. Having one place to go to see accrual data. Getting all managers under the same profiles in regards to access and who they access the system. And what data they can see.

Workforce Central review by Jan Marie A.
Jan Marie A.

"A simple interface to do a simple task"

What do you like best?

Kronos is basically an electronic time card. It's not a super complicated task but it's also amazing how much of a life improvement it is to be able to login and save your information and go back and edit it later if necessary, and to have all your PTO information at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit ugly which makes it feel "old" to me, but honestly I don't think that really matters as long as it does what it needs to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is a bit hard to use at first. As I said earlier, it's not a flashy product and there is a bit of a learning curve. However, I was able to figure out how to do everything I needed after a bit of trial and error. I also figured out a way to fix a few of my major complaints that ended up being non-issues in the end. I like that it's a piece of software to do a certain job and that's what it does, and it's not trying to add in a bunch of useless extra features that would make it bloated in order to appear to be more value. I do wish it has a bit more customization ability though, but perhaps in later versions that will be added.

It's a simple and easy way to keep track of everyone's hours and time off and vacations. This is a very basic need that every company has and it doesn't need some crazy complicated or flashy solution. Kronos gets the job done.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
View Original

"One less complicated program to use at work, makes documenting pto/on-call/etc easier."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to punch in and out, and how easy it is to review my time card at the end of the week. I also like how easy it is to put in a request for time off as well as approve employee time sheets. It also allows me to take track which patients punch out for lunch and which ones don't. It's also much easier to track Holiday Time, PTO and On-Call.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to punch out for lunch and then back in when my lunch is over. It would be so much easier and take up less time if I didn't have to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful program for payroll, making it much easier for them to accomplish their tasks in a timely manner.

It makes it easier to approve/disapprove of time off, and to see how much PTO has been acquired. It also makes it easier for employees to view their time cards and take necessary action if their is an issue.

Workforce Central review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Works Well - When It Works"

What do you like best?

Kronos is very easy to use, and takes little to no time to learn. Its interface is not at all complicated, and for the majority of the time, it works.

What do you dislike?

Kronos does have periods when it crashes, and it cannot be fixed for an entire shift or two. This forces myself and coworkers to write our time on paper, and make sure our time was recorded correctly at a later time. This can be an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact IT immediately if there are any issues with Kronos. They're generally very good about getting it fixed within a shift as opposed to two or three. Don't hesitate.

As previously mentioned, it's very easy and I consider it a preferred time keeping program. It does have its glitches and it does crash occasionally, but it is very useful and very easy to use for all personnel.

Workforce Central review by Joan C.
Joan C.

"Gran programa de gestión del tiempo"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Central es software para el control del tiempo trabajado. La mejor función dentro de Kronos es el sistema de cronometraje, que nos ha permitido deshacernos por completo de las tarjetas de tiempo escritas a mano. Kronos permite que una empresa administre miles de empleados en múltiples sitios. Los relojes de tiempo son robustos y fáciles de usar. Los relojes de tiempo son compatibles con las opciones de identificación biométrica y de proximidad.

What do you dislike?

Al menos la versión que utilicé parecía muy desactualizada. Requería Java y no funcionaba bien cuando no se usaba Internet Explorer. La interfaz no es fácil de usar o intuitiva. Es confuso enviar horas, aprobar horas extraordinarias, ver cuántas horas de vacaciones ha usado, revisar horas pasadas, etc.

Gracias a Kronos he podido controlar y reportar a mis directores el tiempo trabajado en mi empresa.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Very great!"

What do you like best?

All of the timekeeping options, and forms that can be kept in the system. I also like the medical leave modules to help benefits keep track.

What do you dislike?

Some items are not searchable with in the system, you have to scroll down to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Kronos, I haven't used any other timekeeping software as I am training with someone in my company on learning the ins and outs of Kronos. It is very good at what it does, and it can keep track of several things. I would say some items are difficult to find in the set up menu, but once you find them, you can keep track of them pretty easily. Once you learn the system and what you're doing, it's not too hard to keep up with, but there is a lot to learn.

Timekeeping, labor tracking (my company does not use this), keeping track of points for supervisors\managers, medical leave tracking, pay rules. All of these items have come in very handy with my company recently.

Workforce Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy way to keep track of hours worked and time off"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to see what hours I have available for sick time, vacation, etc. I can choose which bank to take time off from. It also allows me to see the amount of hours that I have accrued. The transparency of this greatly improves the way I allot PTO.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you didn't have to "pop out" to see the details of each area. It would be better if you could open windows by directly clicking on what you want to view. It also takes long to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use pop out windows and allow the user to click directly into different areas on the main page.

It allows us to see how much time off we have available. It helps us plan time off better than before we had access to our time banks. It also helps to have the entire department know when someone is off from work.

Workforce Central review by User in Higher Education

"Good, solid software option"

What do you like best?

I like the modern software style and that it feels like you are using something that is up to date and does the job quickly. I like the multiple options you have for pulling different reports, and that you have the option to tailor these however you want. It is great to have the option to add or remove elements to my liking.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most intuitive software. It could be a bit more user-friendly, but is better than many I have seen. There are many, many different ways to accomplish the same task, which sounds great from the standpoint of having it work for multiple types of users. The issue I see with that is that it is hard to remember how I did a task from one day to the next, or for training new users on a best practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the product as much as possible before buying just to make sure that you like the interface, but I believe it can work for many companies simply based on the fact that there are many ways to accomplish things.

Timesheet and punch in/out management

Adding/removing employees

The benefits for us come down to simply having a digital environment for timesheets. Before we were using all paper, and this improves efficiency in many ways.

Workforce Central review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Kronos for work force gets the job done, with a few issues here and there"

What do you like best?

The system does what it is supposed to do. The bio metric log-in enables employees to access their own files and so all necessary privacy rules are enforced as necessary.

What do you dislike?

System interface looks way too old. At a time when everyone is moving toward a more clean, app like screen where the GUI is intuitive and appealing, this system appears as if it is stuck in the 1990s with no major update. Almost looks like the system is over ten years old and never got an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, it gets the work done. ADP is not perfect either, but it is a better and cleaner version for time tracking for employees.

It helps monitor and administer all necessary time card processes. Any and all issues (missed lunches, late clock-ins and late clock-outs) are highlighted and easy to address with the employees. The bio-metric log-in ensures that no proxy log-ins take place.

Workforce Central review by Amy  P.
Amy P.

"Workforce Central Review"

What do you like best?

We are using workforce central for timekeeping, forecasting and advancing scheduling. I have to say I am extremely pleased with the schedule accuracy and forecast accuracy of this product. We are seeing more accurate forecasts and schedules than before.

What do you dislike?

There are only a few functions that I wish were a little different. We wish the advanced sort option in scheduler worked they way we expected. We lose important information regarding employee hours when we have to select the specific day and use advanced sort option. We would love in Kronos would reexamine this function. I would be happy to provide additional information.

Better Schedule Accuracy

Better Forecast Accuracy

Trust in the overall product that it is giving us the best forecast and schedule that we expect.

Workforce Central review by User

"Not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Kronos does exactly what it's supposed to do: allows you to log and submit your hours, request vacation time, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I don't find Kronos to be very user-friendly at all. It's very slow, the navigation isn't intuitive, the UI is outdated. Perhaps our company is using a very old version, but Kronos always runs very slowly for me, and it requires Internet Explorer and Java, which I don't have on my laptop. This makes it very difficult to log hours when working remotely. It's also just confusing -- for example, it's difficult to tell how many vacation days I have left.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos may be a good solution for large corporate companies, but otherwise you may be better off finding software with a friendlier, more intuitive interface.

We need a way to log and submit hours, and Kronos allows us to do so.

Workforce Central review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Not immediately user friendly."

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly once you have mastered it; once you are able to ignore a couple confusing items (which gets cleared up in tutorials), it really is easy to use. Another thing I like about this product is the fact that everything is in one place and it seems to have cut down on paperwork for me.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to pick up independently without asking for help; which I don't like because I generally like to figure out how to use programs on my own. Another thing that seems to be faulty is that you cannot fix your scheduled pay-roll dates; not sure if it's a glitch with the system, or with the usage of the school district.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reading up on the tutorials and taking any workshops provided to you. Once you have done that, it is much easier to use. it's still going to take time to figure out exactly what needs to be done.

I feel that it is easier to see all my hours that I have worked for the day and the week. I also feel like it helps me see what the adminstrators are seeing when it comes to ensuring that I get paid. All in all, it feels like I have more documentation on hand due to this system compared to the prior system.

Workforce Central review by Addie L.
Addie L.

"Awesome for managing timecards!"

What do you like best?

The ease of working with schedules and timecards. Every associate can view and approve or reject their timecard, submit requests, and look at their schedules. We can also view how many hours were spent on each department, and even how much each employee in the department worked.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Kronos does go down and we are unable to use it for hours, so employees cannot clock in our out or approve their time cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hold your employees accountable for approving their own timecards, so that you do not have to manually approve them when you do pay period close, it saves so much time.

We can make sure employees are working their assigned shifts, and it is almost impossible for them to falsify timecards.

Workforce Central review by Courtney C.
Courtney C.

"Limited information accesible"

What do you like best?

I like that it is fairly easy to record my PTO hours within the Kronos system.

What do you dislike?

Kronos only allows you to access information about your time cards for the current pay period, previous pay period, and next pay period. So, it is difficult to understand how much PTO you can expect to accrue or to review past timecards to make sure things were submitted properly.

I wasn't in charge of the decision to use Kronos, so I'm not sure what the thinking behind it was.

Learn more about Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce Central Videos

Learning about Kronos Workforce Central?

* We monitor all Kronos Workforce Central reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.