Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready

3.9
(380 reviews)

Kronos Workforce Ready® provides a full suite or scalable tools that provide complete automation and the high-quality information you need to manage your workforce — from pre-hire to retire. Workforce Ready provides full human capital management (HCM) capabilities with the single-source, real-time data access you need — across time and attendance, HR, payroll, scheduling, and more — to engage the workforce, attract and retain high-performing employees, and manage the employee lifecycle.

Work for Kronos Workforce Ready?

Learning about Workforce Ready?

Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

Ask Workforce Ready a Question
Showing 394 Workforce Ready reviews
Workforce Ready review by Hillary R.
Hillary R.

"Kronos App for Target use."

What do you like best?

I have benefited from having access to my punch card information so that I am able to view my current hours worked at any point. It has also been useful to be able to view my accrued time off easily so that I can plan my time off appropriately and accurately.

What do you dislike?

One of the main purposes for this app within a Target store is to be able to swap shifts with co-workers. Unfortunately, this part of the app has not been the easiest to use or understand for team members. There are a few things within the swap shift portion that could be organized differently and if team members could communicate with each other that would be very beneficial.

Kronos allows team members to accurately know their hours worked and know if they forgot to punch in or out at any point.

The benefit is that team members have faster access to more personal information.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Ready
Workforce Ready review by Al D.
Al D.

"Powerful tool, but has issues with big staffs who are shared with other areas "

What do you like best?

semi-easy editing features with great weekly/pay period calculations for quick access and reporting.

What do you dislike?

There are multiple issues or lack of functionality related to approving shifts and adding approving managers. About a year ago, they made the employees default job code come up as blank in the approval screen, which caused issues for us when employees are shared with other areas in the department as well as different pay structure. It took some time adjusting by figuring out who was originally hired in my area in order to know what clock ins to approve. The other issue we have constantly run unto also stems from sharing staff. They allow up to 5 approval managers per employee for continuity in case someone else has to do that persons payroll, but after about the 3rd manager, the remaining do not actually get access to view or approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the situation you are in, I would explore all options that may suit your payroll needs if that is specifically what you are using it for. We do not use any of the other features, and for large staffs, with shared people, there are definitely other options in software that allow for scheduling, time approval, and reporting that are all interconnected to make the processes quicker.

Kronos does handle our payroll of 300+ people fairly well. While we understand that with software implementation, we need to change our protocols since they cannot adopt the software to our specific needs. We have been able to clean up some of our practices due to this, which definitely has helped us streamline and set internal policies in place in order to become more efficient.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workforce Ready review by Mary Ann D.
Mary Ann D.

"Organized and Ready"

What do you like best?

Having all HR info in one place., i.e I-9, W4, garnishments, loan documents, Non-Compete, offer letter, discipline docs. Able to help with payroll and view all payrolls. View location HR and ensure compliance. Access to all info on all employees in one place.

What do you dislike?

With several EIN's it is difficult that a lot of special reports, etc have to be done by me. Can't give locations access to everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is our first HRIS and I love it. Like having all payroll processing in one system and access. Before each location had their own ADP and we did not have access.

Payroll for all locations in one place where Corp has access. Rolling out onboarding, performance review and terminations in one place. Avoiding risk to ensure complaince.

Workforce Ready review by Clinton V.
Clinton V.

"Kronos Workforce Ready, an excellent alternative to other payroll and time management systems"

What do you like best?

KWR has an excellent userface and allows for easy edits of timecards and punches for all employees. The levels of management approval are far less cumbersome than many competing products, especially if you're in a 24/7 environment. We love the flexibility it offers to approve from anywhere anytime.

What do you dislike?

Not much honestly, but there could be better support options. If you get locked out and need a reset or other authentication help be prepared to wait on hold for a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have rock solid physical IT infrastructure before switching--KWR is much more reasonably priced when you can host it locally.

under our old time card system manager approval had to be done locally at the same computer used for time punches. this created a lot of stress for our managers, so being able to access all work records in the cloud anytime with KWR is a breeze for us.

Workforce Ready review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Kronos Workforce Not Quite Ready"

What do you like best?

Good platform with a single underlying database. Kronos continues to invest in expanding and improving the software. Excellent annual KronosWorks conference where interaction among Kronos customers is encouraged. Employees seem eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Very poor job installing the product. We were able to go-live with payroll on the targeted date but much of the configuration, including taxes and W2 set-up, was incorrect. We had to issue more than 350 W2c's due to a configuration issue that should not be possible to mess up (box 12 d shouldn't include employer match yet Kronos WFR allowed it to be configured in this manner; the Kronos installation team introduced this error while doing the initial configuration).

Poor follow-through in terms of resolving/closing tickets. Poor account management follow-through.

Very poor documentation and very little access to meaningful tutorials. We are no longer a direct customer of Kronos WFR due to the poor customer experience.

Also very little ownership and help between the Kronos WFR front end software and the back-end payroll processing (we used ADP and neither ADP or Kronos seemed to accept accountability for the reconciliation of the files, nor could they point us to someone who could help).

Also did not have a good experience with Kronos WFR "trusted partners" who are willing to configure Kronos WFR on your behalf, for $130-160 an hour. We found these consultants to be only slightly more knowledgeable than the Kronos WFR help-desk, however in many cases their knowledge was lacking, once again due to very little system documentation and lack of experience with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software and value is very good. If you choose Kronos WFR, look into one of the regional payroll/HR outsourcing firms that uses Kronos WFR that is re-branded and sold as their own. You will get much better service, will have knowledgeable support, help with complex tax set-up, help with configuration/workflows, all for a bit less than what Kronos will charge you as a direct customer!

We transitioned to a local payroll company who runs the same (but re-branded) Kronos WFR. We did a complete re-install and found many more configuration errors. We are now much more happy with the local company who takes full responsibility for configuration and tax filings. We now have the all the benefits of a good HCM system, without the downsides of poor service experienced while a direct customer of Kronos.

All this extra support at a slightly lower cost than what we were paying Kronos and ADP (for back-end processing)!

No employee disruption during the transition either! We love our new vendor relationship!

Workforce Ready review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"Speedy Workforce Management"

What do you like best?

We have recently updated to version 8.0.13 and I like the "Gantt View" option in the schedule view. It is nice being able to quickly see upcoming vacations and know how much labor is available on a given day. The Exception Alerts are also very useful, highlighting any discrepancies in time cards without having to dig through each individuals time card and look for missed/late punches, etc.

What do you dislike?

Within the schedule view it would be nice to have a full-month calendar view to more easily see a labor forecast beyond the current pay period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are spending a lot of time reviewing time cards for discrepancies or going through schedules to determine the available labor on any given day, Kronos Workforce can greatly reduce the time put into those tasks.

Being able to quickly see the available labor for the next couple days has been a time-saving benefit when working on assignment schedules.

Workforce Ready review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

This if my first time using Kronos as a Payroll Manger, and it was a smooth learning process. It is very easy to navigate and if you cannot figure something out the Kronos Community is a great help. That is probably what I like best, the ability to reach out to other clients and discuss problems and resolutions.

What do you dislike?

I had the most trouble adapting to Kronos third party partners. We have the full sweep of Kronos Workforce Ready, but we use ADP for check writing and tax filing. When Kronos has updates, it seems that the ADP files are manipulated. The manipulated files are not able to upload to ADP, and it has caused a lot of problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had a great experience with Workforce Ready so far, it is easy to use and understand. Our employees can access a lot more than they were able to access previously. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about the software.

Kronos has a multitude of reports that are easily manipulated and can give us great feedback. In return, we can adjust our labor and possibly save time and money. We have also just started using the mobile app for our employees, and it has been a great hit. Some of our employees do not have computers at home, but almost all of them have smartphones. They are able to receive and adjust their schedules right from home.

Workforce Ready review by AMY J.
AMY J.

"The best product I have found for all aspects of the HR function"

What do you like best?

I love that I can recruit, employ, and terminate an employee and every record pertaining to them is in one place. We use every module of Workforce Ready and even use third party software partnered with KRONOS. They are always improving the product and making meaningful enhancements that improve the day to day functions of our business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the BSI option that we have with payroll. It is very confusing, difficult to use.

The security within Workforce Ready is also difficult to figure out at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the modules and force yourself to learn the system and use it. Ask over and over for what you need. They do listen to concerns.

ACA reporting module is a life saver when it comes to combining HR information and financial information. We are currently working on adding the analytic data component. Workforce ready team is always making improvements to make HR administration easier. They have improved the mobile application to make the product user friendly for our employees. By implementing KRONOS, for my company, I have an infrastructure that will allow us to grow.

Workforce Ready review by Theresa M.
Theresa M.

"I can only say...amazing!!"

What do you like best?

I love that all the tools are at my disposal to receive the help when needed. That is very important with payroll deadlines. The customer service has always been top notch and they really care about their clients. I love that we have all of our properties under one URL and only have to make changes to our setup one time rather than 10; as we previously did. Kronos is very easy to navigate and learn as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is having to transmit payroll so early; but that isn't a problem that Kronos can fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! We don't have any of the issues that we had with other systems and they really do listen to their customers. There hasn't been one time that I have been sorry we are with Kronos. As a matter of fact; we keep adding modules!!

I was able to fix the issue regarding our part time sick accruals for California and Oregon associates. We are able to upload payroll financial information with the creation of our general ledger system within Kronos. Just those two issues alone resolved many hours of work for many associates. With the use of the scheduling module; management is better able to track hours versus club usage and adjust the schedule accordingly. Associates are better able to manager their time off by using the time off workflow, schedule in Kronos and the shift swapping feature that has just come out. Manager are better able to get coverage for shifts as well. Time spent on payroll has reduced dramatically with the use of importing spreadsheets for large volume departments. I love that I can schedule reports to go to specific managers at specific times so that I'm not having to run the same reports all of the time. The ability to have all of our properties under one URL is a lifesaver as well. We previously had 10 URL's for our 10 properties. It was time consuming to have to switch back and forth and then to have to make changes in all 10 was also a challenge.

Workforce Ready review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Incredibly powerful, with one major limitation"

What do you like best?

The system is incredibly powerful, and contains a tremendous amount of features. Workforce Ready was the only cloud based solution that contained every major HR and Workforce Management feature we were looking for, all under the same roof.

What do you dislike?

Workforce Ready contains little to no functionality to assist with quarterly and year end corporate payroll tax reporting and/or filing at the state level. There's no out-of-the box state-level tax reporting built in, nor the ability to build a fully featured custom report for your state. Kronos Global Support has been of little help as Kronos has chosen to farm tax reporting functionality out in a few different directions. Which, if you want these features, all come at an added cost to you, the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall - Workforce Ready is an incredible tool containing a wealth of functionality, all with just enough customization for small or mid-sized businesses. We are incredibly happy we went with Kronos over the others SaaS options we explored. Be certain you have partner lined up (or budget for the added cost to sign on with the additional BSI Tax Module) to assist with corporate payroll tax filing and reporting as there is nothing built in to assist you with this at the state level.

Employee application to COBRA now happens within one system. All modules talk to one another, and the system knows every aspect of the employee life cycle. ACA tracking, benefits enrollment, hiring, terminations, etc - all HR functions have been made incredibly easier thanks to the implementation of the system. We are also now tracking data we never had access to before, i.e. turnover, overtime by cost center, scheduled vs actual hours. All of which appear at a Manager's fingertips, or simply delivered to their inbox on a schedule they customize.

Workforce Ready review by Nancy M.
Nancy M.

"Kronos Workforce Ready exceeds our expectations"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is 2nd to none! Peace of mind is so valuable.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike, yet. We do have a few users who have limited computer skills. Any automated system has a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Set Up can feel "Heavy" and administration can be complex (we have a complex company), it's so worth it! The Kronos Implementation Team continues to help us through it, every step of the way. It might take a little longer than other providers but the accuracy will far outweigh the time it takes. Going live mid-year was not as painful as we thought it would be. We have no regrets and Highly recommend Kronos Workforce Ready software.

Workforce Ready has far more functionality than our previous provider and the Modules work well together. No more blackout periods for processing, great reports that we can fine tune on our own, Auto generation of reports, so I can take a vacation with out the stress of month end report scheduling. There's so much more!

Workforce Ready review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Kronos is great for timekeeping, especially if you have the mobile app"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I can keep track of my timecard very quickly, and don't have to go through the fuzz of the desktop application. User-friendly most of the time

What do you dislike?

I cannot see my hours from the past week. It limits the view to one week only (current) and that's it. Sometimes it crashes out of nowhere, too. Buggy, can be a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with the app and its nuances. One thing wrong and it's hard to redo it.

I don't have to call my supervisor every time or come to my desktop to check my hours or see a timecard. I can also submit time off and vacation requests through my phone. No need to use the computer.

Workforce Ready review by Oscar G.
Oscar G.

"Mobile workforce...? Go Kronos Workforce Ready!"

What do you like best?

We took full advantage of electronic time sheets and the ability to submit then from the app.

We also are working to make the most of Advanced Scheduler.\

Being able to see my benefits, pay stubs, and request time off right from the app has saved me so much time from calling the particular department to get the information.

What do you dislike?

We have the least amount of fun with the amount of work it takes to get Advanced Scheduler up and running. There are a lot of settings and modules that need to be mastered in order to get AS to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Record your implementation training. It will help resolve arguments about ways to accomplish tasks.

Record all trainings.

Time theft. Prior to moving to WFR paper time-sheets were impossible to verify and now with Mobile App Geo-fencing we are absolutely sure employees are showing up to work on time.

The ability for the app to show in the EE preferred language has eliminated the need to have multi-lingual employees in each department.

Workforce Ready review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Transportation Client Support"

What do you like best?

Easy to monitor employee hours, as well as the ability to track attendance with the point system. Also has the functionality to configure paychecks ,change pay withholding, and direct deposit information that can be approved very quickly. It also has the ease of being able to request time off and see how PTO hours are utilized.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is that when using the auditing feature to input hours manually as well as adjust and utilize paid time off when working at a 24/7 business it gets messy on editing these functions. Approving time off is easy but takes a while to get through all the noise to get to actual placement of approval

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and more streamlined UI. Tends to lag and being able to switch through windows is a bit of a hassle.

Keeping track and making sure that attendance standards are being met and followed.

Workforce Ready review by Blossom P.
Blossom P.

"Great HR toool for small business"

What do you like best?

I really find the workflows, HR actions, and TLM capabilities suit my small business need really well. It is easy to understand, and if I do have questions the support team is very timely in help. Kronos Community is also a good tool to search for solutions. We have an organized HR system which has so much potential now due to Kronos

What do you dislike?

Some things are not easy to delete even with Company Admin rights. I also wish the format for the importers was easier to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More training, tutorial programs for new users out of the box

We are solving our onboarding process with Kronos. We have implemented all new hire documents, and legal documents in Kronos, all digital which means minimizing paperwork and user error! We are also streamlining the payroll process with Workforce ready which has cut down our payroll processing time by 80%.

Workforce Ready review by User

"User friendly and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Kronos is very good about tailoring the product to the needs of your organization. If you need a feature to be added or changed, they will do as much as they can to create it for you.

What do you dislike?

While they do tailor the product to your needs, sometimes they take a while to implement the changes that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that all the features on your applications will transfer and integrate into the Kronos system before you switch. Other than that, I would recommend Kronos.

We have 1400+ employees and we were using different software for each piece of the employee experience. Kronos helps us keep all applicants in a central location for all of the stores and then once they are hired we can use that same software to complete their paperwork and have all their information ready for payroll. We do not have to spend time imputing employee data into separate systems.

Workforce Ready review by Julia E.
Julia E.

"Kronos is ok"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Kronos is the fact that you can use it so many different ways. You can look at your pay stubs, your income, and more. It is a very helpful service for people at the base level of their jobs here because it helps them understand how they can move up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how easy it is to change your password, I always forget mine and it is a long process where I have to go through distant administration to change it. I also don't like how some things are inaccessible on certain devices. It makes me very sad and it is very inconvenient

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's okay I guess.

We solve lots of problems that involve tax related income issues, it is easier for our employees to file their taxes to insurance companies in this way. This improves the efficiency of our company significantly.

"Great program"

What do you like best?

If an employee holds multiple positions at one company, they can enter a “transfer code” that is given by the employer. This allows certain hours to be taken from one account the company has and for other hours to be taken out of a separate account. This makes it a great program for students who hold multiple positions on their college campus.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t have any complaints about the program. It does give “warnings” if a break is too short or too long. It also will give a warning if you work too long without a break. This may be something my company specifically implemented, I’m not sure. I usually just ignore it as instructed to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program.

Kronos is a great way for employees to log work hours. It is especially useful if an employee has multiple positions at the same company and the pay comes from two different company accounts.

Workforce Ready review by Michele B.
Michele B.

"Great product and support like no others"

What do you like best?

The hosted environment is the best along with their support that is so good. I was not used to the level of service from our previous vendor. They help you and teach you at the same time. I've never once not received a timely solution and response.

What do you dislike?

There are certain modules that I wish were further developed such as performance management but I do think that this will come with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to other clients and ask specific questions about how they set up challenging things like unique benefits or a custom work flow.

Automation of our paper processes. We aren't paperless yet, but have cut it by over 70%. Managers are satisfied as well.

Workforce Ready review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Great System, but Too Much Variability"

What do you like best?

Kronos makes it relatively simple to monitor employees time cards. Some reports are extremely useful such as punch detail.

What do you dislike?

The manner in which an employee's time must be entered or edited can be extremely cumbersome and tedious. For example, in a given day, you are only allowed to enter one punch in and one punch out without having to navigate out and back in to the time frame you're looking at editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into some other systems prior to implementing Kronos. However, don't completely eliminate it from the running without determining if something else might fit your needs better.

The biggest benefit is simplistic payroll and easy reporting.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that Kronos has a user friendly interface for timecard entries and someone only needs beginner tech experience to enter hours sufficiently.

What do you dislike?

The interface gets considerably more complicated for managers and supervisors. It would be helpful to view timecards when an employee is selected without having to toggle between screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos works extremely well for companies large and small. I would recommend a brief training session if you have multiple employees who are not tech friendly. If your staff has a moderate level of computer tech knowledge, they will understand the program with minimal assistance.

As part of a large company, Kronos permits various types of hourly input. This allows hour entry to cater to the department and employees within it. Kronos also permits me to view, edit and approve my employees hours while on the go through the Kronos app.

Workforce Ready review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"A Continuous Work In Progress"

What do you like best?

I love how adaptable and customizable the Kronos platform is. They have really used forward-thinking to anticipate the needs of their broad range of customers.

What do you dislike?

At times, there are several ways to get to a feature or change a feature and it can be confusing for new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use help from the Kronos Community, support and personal specialists to build out the product in the way you need.

The ability to track turnover and expenses by department/EIN has been an amazing feature for our company. As we continue to build onto our system, we have realized the ability to customize digital forms, progress reports, data/expense reports is pretty amazing. Using the reports feature is like having Excel right at your hands within the system.

Workforce Ready review by Heather P.
Heather P.

"Great system for a large group of people"

What do you like best?

I like the platform that this program is run on. It is very user friendly and very easy to access. You can find what you are looking for very easily and can search if you have a question. It's great to do reviews within the program itself and you can just click through the questions and answer as you see fit. There is also a great help team that is available to answer questions as needed. Great product all around and I would definitely recommend it for a company that has a lot of employees. It is very easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there was not a lot that I disliked about the program. The color scheme could use a little flair but other than that, I feel like the actual usage of the program does what it is intended for. I am not entirely sure how to use all of the things that the system does have to provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to a large business model.

We had a lot of employees and it was very nice to have a centralized location in which all of our employees information was uploaded into. It was very easy to access and very user friendly for even the most computer illiterate staff. It has a lot of tools that can be used for many different things. Record keeping and tracking applicants has been a great tool for our facility. The time clock punch for employees is also very convenient to have for all of our staff. It provides a centralized location for all of that information to be held in.

Workforce Ready review by Sanoj E.
Sanoj E.

"Say Goodbye to Paper-timesheets"

What do you like best?

If you have hourly employees, you can see the exact amount of time they actually work. In addition, when it comes to vacation requests, everything is automated and it has a nice process flow of approvals. Before Kronos, we had to submit timesheets via Excel. It was horrible! Kronos helps with the utilization and accurately captures time.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with Kronos. For one thing, if an hourly person requests time off, it gets approved, but then he/she cancels it...there's more steps that need to be done. For instance, the cancellation needs to be approved by the manager and then the manager needs to go back and enter a schedule for that day. In addition, if you try to use an activity code that's linked to your company's order management system, the fields are very specific. For instance, if you enter it as **/432222 vs ** / 432222, it won't work. It's very sensitive.

It has reduced time being wasted on timesheets. It has saved emails from being sent about time off requests. Less arguing of time actually worked from employees. No discrepancy at the end of the year of how much vacation you have left.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Painfully slow and cumbersome app. "

What do you like best?

I like that actions can be completed across multiple devices, ensuring connectivity and synchronization.

What do you dislike?

The app is so slow. You have to re-log in every single time - it’d be great if you could detail whether you are using a personal or business device in order to fix that. The app itself loads slowly for every step - meaning if I just want to switch to a separate pay period to review my employees’ times, I have to wait another solid 5-6 seconds. If you’re trying to complete a lengthy process, this stretches it out by quite a while.!

Kronos does do a great job of tracking timestamps and making scheduling an easy, albeit slow process! Certainly helps make sure I’m not stuck in the back room and rather, I’m on the floor with my employees.

Workforce Ready review by D. Emily Y.
D. Emily Y.

"Simple not complex "

What do you like best?

The best feature I like is " My Dashbaord" and customer support. I can adjust the dashboard tabs and quick links to my liking, my short cuts. Whenever I had to call support, the representatives are kind, patient and quick to resolve the problem.

What do you dislike?

When the network - firewall acts up and blocks Kronos access, it doesn't up load time in and outs on the employee to the icloud. Although it is recorded on the Kronos workready, the network blocks the Kronos to update the Icloud to update. My dislike there is no alert feature or red flag. I will notice it once through each department system.

No problems are in the process of being resolved as of now. Our company has updated the network in hopes this will avoid discrepancies in the future.

Workforce Ready review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Good but has some issues..."

What do you like best?

I like that Kronos has many HR options centralized in one hub. My current organization does not use all the capabilities but if we did it would be more streamlined. I also like that Kronos is easy to use and, has great report options.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of login issues. This may be a network problem because of our high number of users. Not really sure . Another complaint that I have which is more user error than software error is that Kronos is not compatible with our payroll system so we have to manually put time into that software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase and utilize the full software. Kronos is not compatible with a lot of other software/programs.

Electronic tracking of time and attendance and vacation/sick.personal leave accruals and usage.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Kronos Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and find employee info.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when posting a job externally, applicants say they have trouble completing the application and that it's not user friendly. The most common issue we see is that individuals are unable to fully complete the application process. Some of these are certainly user mistakes, but the application process should be a bit easier,

I also feel improvements can be made to applicant tracking. Specifically in terms of searching applications. While I am comfortable setting search parameters, I think some improvements can be made. Maybe have all available search options listed for the user to see rather than having to use drop down menus in order to tailor the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool, easy to use after a few hours of either training or navigating on own. I had some slight training but basically taught myself how to use many of the Kronos tools.

Kronos is used as the tool where we keep all personnel records, in regards to paperwork, training, time and attendance, recruitment and applications.

Overall the tool is fairly easy to use once you play around with it for a couple of days. However, I do feel improvements can

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Great HR PAYROLL TIME MANAGEMENT software"

What do you like best?

Love that it encompasses everything employee related from the application down to their final pay at retirement. The system pull all this crazy information together into informative data.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little more robust than it is even. Kronos has really knocked it out of the park with their new platform.. Kronos Dimensions. I hope to them integrate more of those great features into Ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that is easy to use.

No real problem is working great for us. Have been able to eliminate our sensitive employee data from being stored at 6 different companies to all be held within the one Kronos system. Have really streamlined a lot our processes. We have been able to automate a lot of the tedious steps.

Workforce Ready review by Jaime C.
Jaime C.

"More than a service, it is a partnership"

What do you like best?

There are many advantages to being a full suite user. Workforce Ready leverages the best in business from a time and labor management standpoint. Combine the flexibility and rate of continuous improvement from HCM/Payroll and any business can expect a well-rounded product that will help achieve current and future business needs. The most important aspect of the product is the customer service/support received. Kronos is there every step of the way through the product life cycle.

What do you dislike?

The system interface would be an area of opportunity. As it is currently the structure is simple (certainly not a bad thing), but enhanced navigation, search functions, and aesthetics would greatly enhance the admins end user experience. I know a new release is right around the corner for this item and we look forward to seeing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will see that almost all vendors can provide a similar solution. It is important to consider the long term partnership and support-Kronos exceeds expectations on both product and support.

Labor tracking at the cost center/work center level, advanced analytics (forecasted turnover, absenteeism, benefits, etc.), and streamlined processes to name a few.

Workforce Ready review by User

"Kronos is Great and User Easy"

What do you like best?

I like how the design is easy to use and manipulate. I also like how it makes spreadsheets easy to help me finish my work faster than it would without it. I also like how the design is easy to look at for long hours. I like the quick find section as this is easy to use. I really also like the human resources tab button.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will crash unexpectedly causing me to lose work. I also dislike how there are some limits to the work that I am doing such as making notations. I dislike how this is without a easy help access button and if there could be a quick tutorial that would describe everything to make it easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Kronos Workforce Ready to others due to it being super easy friendly. I highly recommend this because It helps me complete my job faster than expected. It also supplies me with all the information I need easily without much struggle finding the needed information.

I am solving business problems where I need to create spreadsheets of my employees to look at information in a better uniform way. This helps with the spreadsheets because they are easy to make with these. I have benefited from Kronos pulling reports that are listed exactly what I need and helps me finish my tasks faster with these full reports of my employees.

Workforce Ready review by Shari N.
Shari N.

"Kronos Workforce Ready was one of the best decisions we have made in HR!"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Ready is a very user friendly platform that allows all Human Resources and Payroll needs be easily met. ALE Solutions has been using the product for three years and we continue to build off of it; allowing us to create customizable workflows that work for our organization. We use most of the modules including: recruitment, FMLA, paperless open enrollment, and many others. The customer service is top notch allowing us to easily submit a ticket and get a call back almost immediately by a specialist in the area.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have the FMLA module easily read over to the timesheet rather than manually entering FMLA time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Kronos.

We use the time management module as it is real time data that is reliable and easy to process for payroll. We also are moving away from paper and have created workflows allowing employees to sign off on forms electronically. Our department is now completely paperless, thanks to Kronos! All of our personnel documents are uploaded into each electronic file, which allows for improved efficiency and a cleaner office!

Workforce Ready review by Internal Consultant in Food Production
Internal Consultant in Food Production

"Kronos workforce ready review"

What do you like best?

Cloud based and upgrades to software are handled there. We are in the process of doing some mobile time off requesting and time/attendance inquiries which should be helpful.

What do you dislike?

Kronos experts are remote to each other and communication and REAL knowledge is sometimes lacking. There is a smaller group of true experts who are spread to thin, so they use newer, less knowledgeable employees to fill the gap. I believe they are getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos development for customer installs MUST design each company's system as they go. Meaning the discover document at the beginning is a good start but no user can answer all the questions about how their current system works. Kronos technical Dev has to be on site and observe and document some of the missing holes that the discovery cannot find.

Upgrading systems have become impossible with our companies 24/7 structure. These 3rd party systems need to be managed and problems addressed by someone outside of our company. IT no longer has time to invest and learn these 3rd party systems.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

WFR's robust and configurable reporting capability.

What do you dislike?

The payroll module has room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos takes the administrative work away from managers and the HR team and allows them to strategically focus on the business.

Implementation was easy and organized, we had weekly hour long meetings with our project team where they would review the previous week’s upload (feedback file) and discuss the next week’s punch list. As the client, my part in implementation was minimal. I would provide Excel spreadsheets and ALE policies & procedures and the Kronos team input the information and configured the rules.

Once implementation was complete, we were transitioned over to the support team. I’ll admit that the structure of Kronos support scared me at first. As a Kronos client you submit a case on the Kronos website and a support specialist calls you back. I was used to and therefore comfortable with calling an 800# and troubleshooting my issues with the customer support representative that answered the phone. The difference between Kronos and other providers is that Kronos reviews your case, assigns it to a specialist, the specialist trouble shoots the problem and then gives you a call back with the solution versus explaining my issue to a 800 customer support representative who may not understand my issue, being assigned a case number and never hearing from that person again.

Beyond implementation and support, the functionality of Kronos is robust and configurable to your organization. Since launching Kronos, ALE has:

• Gone completely paperless in HR and Payroll. All legacy files were scanned into Kronos and all new hire, employee changes and termination paperwork are online.

• Designed and implemented online Kronos performance reviews.

• Configured online open enrollment.

• Created anti-harassment and security training PowerPoints that we assign annually to employees through Kronos checklists, after employees complete the training, they are able to electronically sign off on the training.

• With the assistance of Kronos ALE has established vendor feeds so employee changes transfer seamlessly between Kronos, our insurance company, our FSA and our 401(k) vendor.

Kronos has allowed my HR team to transition from an administrative operational department to a strategic business partner.

Workforce Ready review by Wes M.
Wes M.

"Successful September 2017 Kronos WFR go live"

What do you like best?

There hasn't been anything that we need to do that Kronos doesn't have some way to handle. Sometimes it may look different than we are used to but all the functionality that we have needed is in the system in some format. For our size company, the system is a great fit

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard find what I am looking for with all the functions available. But I hear that different navigation options are being released shortly which will make navigation more intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use implementation services from Kronos

We had a very old system and our HR system was outdated and incomplete. WFR allows us to bring all our data together and more easily report on our workforce as well as administer benefits. Also, our manufacturing supervisors now have real time access to their employees and have many more tools available to manage timesheets and timesheet exceptions, schedules, pay rates, performance reviews, etc.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"nice but not ready"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting capabilities and that applicants can apply online and fill out all paperwork. We are in the early stages of Workforce Ready, but we are hoping the system will help us become paperless. Employees will be able to enter their own information and make their own changes. The app allows employees to view vacation balances, request vacation, and view pay advises from their phones. The payroll system is good.

What do you dislike?

If you move from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready, Workforce Central (timekeeping especially) has a lot more checks and balances to make sure time cards are correct. Supervisors can enter vacation on lines that have time, basically negating the time the employee worked. The attendance points system is not nearly as detailed. All employees must enter a virtual code when they use a new computer, web browser, or have their cookies cleared, which has been a slight issues as we have a lot of factory employees that do not have texting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workforce Ready is a good product, but coming from another Kronos product, it doesn't have some of the features that we really liked from our old system. They are constantly updating to add features, so we are hoping to get the features that we are looking for in the near future.

Less paper, streamlined processes

Workforce Ready review by JENNIFER M.
JENNIFER M.

"HR DIRECTOR"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the system. The reporting in Workforce Ready is very user-friendly. You can tweak a report and not have to jump from screen to screen.

Employees are able to see their information and create a dashboard that is custom.

Pay statements are easily found and accruals for vacation and sick time is very transparent. to employees.

The mobile app is a great tool for employees and managers. Time off can be requested on the app and managers can approve time while at home.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could pull reports that show a year over year comparison for income.

We have several employees that transfer over the year. Transfer files need to be re-build with only some information coming over in a sync file. Most has to be re-built. It would be great if we could just switch EIN's.

You also have to re-build the accrual info and previous time off transactions can not be seen in the employee's accrual screen. They have to go to the EIN's separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot of information to input when building the system. You must have a team that is fully on board and willing to spend many hours to make the system function correctly.

If you don't have cooperation inter-departmentally, the system implementation will be much more difficult.

We have solved several issues.

Mainly our time off requests and accruals. Before, we were using paper requests and tracking with a system that only allowed 2 users access.

We now use Workforce Ready to track FMLA claims. This has been extremely helpful because we are able to put updates and upload documents to each employee's FMLA case.

Workforce Ready gave us a solution to our ACA reporting dilemma. Everything would have been done by hand and we would have spent weeks to figure out the 1095 reporting requirements.

Workforce Ready review by Marie H.
Marie H.

"All in One Package"

What do you like best?

We utilize WFR for Payroll, Time and HR. It's great having all that data in one area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are constrictions within the platform that may not completely align with our internal processes; however Kronos is good at providing work arounds if needed and they do implement ideas provided from customers for improvements.

We had employee data in multiple areas, and we needed it in one. This has also helped reduce time spent pulling data from one source to another. Our employees used WFR for Benefit Enrollment this past year, which was great, saved us lots of time and reduced errors from HR manually entering data.

Workforce Ready review by Jamie J J.
Jamie J J.

"Great product for time keeping and payroll !! "

What do you like best?

I liked that fact that it was easy to use once you got the basics down . The fact that i could log on from home or anywhere was a big bonus for me .

What do you dislike?

I havnt used Kronos for a few years but i do recall that when i first used it , it took a little bit of time to ge the hang of it. Once I understood the basics however , it wasnt a problem to navigate and enter my hours for the week .

Recommendations to others considering the product

as i had said before i think possibly making it more user friendly or a better user introduction would be helpful. Once you understand how the system works its no problem but getting over that hump was a learning curve for me since i had never entered time with a program like Kronos.

I had used many other methods of time keeping up till the point that I first used Kronos but nothing had been as easy to use and efficent as Kronos . I like that fact that I was able to track my hours and log in from home if I had forgot to enter hours for my pay period.

Workforce Ready review by Jacie W.
Jacie W.

"Gets the job done "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and simplicity of the program. It also allows the employees to keep accurate time sheets with or without the help of a gatekeeper or micromanagament from above

What do you dislike?

The program can be slightly glitchy. If you type 4:00 for an out punch, it usually automatically assumes you meant 4:00AM, regardless of whether that time is earlier or later than the punched in time. That could lead to some inaccuracies, but are usually pretty noticeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the glitchy time assumptions

Our employees are able to be more independent in their timesheets, which means less micromanagement.

Workforce Ready review by Krista G.
Krista G.

"Powerful, easy HR/Time/Payroll suite"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and setup for average users. Although it takes thought and work, setting up the system to maintain your company needs does not require advanced training or programming knowledge. It helps, but is not required.

What do you dislike?

Different parts of the database cannot be combined for reporting purposes unless it is a standard report. For companies on a mainframe platform that allowed complicated joins for reporting may find the reporting limiting. Often, it takes multiple reports downloaded and combined into Excel to get the information needed. These are highly unusual reports, however and the majority of the time, what a company needs has already been built or in progress with Kronos (i.e. point in time reports).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use full-suite product that works well with all of it's features.

Duplication of effort for data entry with vendors, lack of reporting and consistency were the drivers to move to Kronos. We have realized benefits of better reporting, workforce analytics, data management and performance management.

Workforce Ready review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Upgrading!"

What do you like best?

We are in the process of upgrading from Kronos Workforce Central to Workforce Ready. The upgrade experience has been a lot of work, but I am so excited about what it will bring to our organization. The amount of time saved by staff and managers is going to be a game changer for us!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, we are now just in the walk through stage - and it's amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to other companies for your upgrade experience; advice and problem solving within the community is wonderful.

Data being at the fingertips of managers, data and reports in real time - all of this will help us retain staff, stay on budget, and work more effectively.

Workforce Ready review by Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.

"Overall a very good system"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about using Kronos is how quickly the system operates. All screens load and refresh fairly quickly. Everything is organized very efficiently and is easy to find.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most about Kronos is how often it is not accessible. There are many times the system is down and logging in isn’t even an option. I’m not sure if this is because of our computers or because of the Kronos system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

With Kronos, we are able to track associates time punches and hours worked in a pay period. We can track any late punch ins or missed punch ins very easily allowing us to properly record associates time.

Workforce Ready review by Christina G.
Christina G.

"WFR is not the best option for benefits administration"

What do you like best?

The reporting features are customizable and offer a lot of options

What do you dislike?

WFR is extremely complicated for employees to use and for admins to configure. The system is overly complicated to use and set up, with too many options and too much room for error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For benefits administration I would fully research the database and reviews. I would also recommend an active sandbox demo to be sure it is capable of providing the functions and level of ease needed for your organization.

We have had to purchase the White Glove service in order to have some some issue rectified. The most frustrating part is hearing over and over, that's just the way the system is set up.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent system"

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed working with the Kronos Team in developing our Payroll, HR and TLM system. Their support and knowledge has been the key to our success. We have a very complicated way of paying our employees and every challenge has been met by the Kronos Team. We love the functionality of the system and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike was how much time it took for us to finally start making progress and the changes within the Kronos staff. You loose some consistency when you have to start with a new rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to move forward with Kronos. Despite the complexities of our organization they were willing to work with us until we had a product that satisfied our needs.

We are integrating our Payroll, HR and TLM systems into one. We are providing a lot more resources for our managers and employees thru Kronos. We will be leaner in our processes thanks to the automation that Kronos will provide. All of our HR documents will be stored in one place with access to those that need it.

Workforce Ready review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"If you want robust reporting capabilities, then keep looking!"

What do you like best?

There are many reports available and most of them are fairly straightforward and will be acceptable for bare bones reporting needs.

What do you dislike?

I’m not impressed with the reports overall. I would prefer to have more control over the functionality in order to dig deeper for my analytical needs.

As I am not in HR directly, it is possible there are many benefits that I have not been made aware of. I’m able to pull reports and answer basic questions about scheduling, etc. I’m not able to personalize these reports to the extent that I would like.

Workforce Ready review by Roland C.
Roland C.

"Topnotch HR tool for our huge manpower"

What do you like best?

Probably the best thing I could mention about Kronos Workforce Ready is its ability to make tedious tasks automated and simple. To mention some of the tasks we normally handle on a daily routine basis are the logging in and out of the staff, counting of their time on and offs holiday and sick leaves, and payroll. These things and much other more are taken cared of by Kronos.

What do you dislike?

It is more of a suggestion that a dislike but I think, they could slice the software into bite sized pieces. I mean, it is too compact. They could probably implement a modular approach, where the client can choose what features they needed or wanted to be added, and then pay for it, rather than have all of the features loaded up. It's a good thing though, but for inter-department needs like us where tasks are modular and we don't get to use all the features at once, it will be nice to have a department only access of certain features.But then again, it is not a complaint but rather a suggestion. Kronos is a great tool, especially for an enterprise level company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommending this software to my friends from another company, They might need an upgrade from their cumbersome workload of tossing data that can be done if a jiffy.

We used an iOT tool that monitors employee productivity but only limited to logging in and out of their fingerprints. It is quite cumbersome and expensive, and we only get to import the data every once a month when the technicians are around. With Kronos Workforce Ready, the entire team became self-sufficient and independent of what they need to.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

User friendly. I really like how everything is broke down into groups, how employees can update certain information. We have been using Kronos for about 2 years now, and the more I explore the more I learn how much the program can really benefit me.

I really like the FMLA tool that Kronos has, we use it a lot, and it works great for keeping track of hours for employees.

For the report part of Kronos, I've only used what others have saved in my division, never really had to do any of those on my own.

What do you dislike?

A lot of time it's very time consuming when you put a case into Kronos, it sometimes takes a while for someone to get back to you, I hear this a lot from other members of our HR team, even my manager, other than that, I can honestly say I have no dislikes. When we first started using Kronos of course it took a little getting use to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy

Our department Manager would be the one that would answer this.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Still learning the good, the bad and the incomplete"

What do you like best?

TLM and payroll are functioning very well for us. I also like the ability to build reports fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

1. Inability build reports across modules. For example, in some benefit reports, I may want to pull in payroll information, and am unable to do that.

2. Org Charts are cool, but only if you can export, print, etc. I need to be able to use those charts for other purposes than just looking at them.

3. Recruitment - we have about half of our potential candidates missing the important step of APPLY For JOB. The system should be more intuitive and seamlessly and effortlessly lead an candidate to apply after setting up profile. We spend way too much time trying to figure out who did not complete their application and following up with them.

4. Everything Benefits - we still issues with a carrier and what used to be our simplest benefit invoice to reconcile is now a nightmare every single month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get help with implementation.

Payroll is much easier. Ability for employees to see their own data is nice also.

"Confusing interface"

What do you like best?

The system tracks my time and shows available PTO. There is a place to request time off and put notes in for the reasons for the request.

What do you dislike?

Since the upgrade, the interface is very confusing. I cannot toggle easily between monthly view and weekly view. I used to very easily request time off way in advance. I no longer can figure out how to cancel requested time off. I also hate how you have to clock in within 7 minutes of your shift and it's an act of congress to fix mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

work on the usability and ease of the interface

The system allows the organization to track time and put time in different banks. I am sure the reporting capabilities for managers are useful or the system wouldn't exist

Learn more about Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready Videos

Learning about Kronos Workforce Ready?

* We monitor all Kronos Workforce Ready reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.