Implementation was easy and organized, we had weekly hour long meetings with our project team where they would review the previous week’s upload (feedback file) and discuss the next week’s punch list. As the client, my part in implementation was minimal. I would provide Excel spreadsheets and ALE policies & procedures and the Kronos team input the information and configured the rules.
Once implementation was complete, we were transitioned over to the support team. I’ll admit that the structure of Kronos support scared me at first. As a Kronos client you submit a case on the Kronos website and a support specialist calls you back. I was used to and therefore comfortable with calling an 800# and troubleshooting my issues with the customer support representative that answered the phone. The difference between Kronos and other providers is that Kronos reviews your case, assigns it to a specialist, the specialist trouble shoots the problem and then gives you a call back with the solution versus explaining my issue to a 800 customer support representative who may not understand my issue, being assigned a case number and never hearing from that person again.
Beyond implementation and support, the functionality of Kronos is robust and configurable to your organization. Since launching Kronos, ALE has:
• Gone completely paperless in HR and Payroll. All legacy files were scanned into Kronos and all new hire, employee changes and termination paperwork are online.
• Designed and implemented online Kronos performance reviews.
• Configured online open enrollment.
• Created anti-harassment and security training PowerPoints that we assign annually to employees through Kronos checklists, after employees complete the training, they are able to electronically sign off on the training.
• With the assistance of Kronos ALE has established vendor feeds so employee changes transfer seamlessly between Kronos, our insurance company, our FSA and our 401(k) vendor.
Kronos has allowed my HR team to transition from an administrative operational department to a strategic business partner.