Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready® provides a full suite or scalable tools that provide complete automation and the high-quality information you need to manage your workforce — from pre-hire to retire. Workforce Ready provides full human capital management (HCM) capabilities with the single-source, real-time data access you need — across time and attendance, HR, payroll, scheduling, and more — to engage the workforce, attract and retain high-performing employees, and manage the employee lifecycle.

Work for Kronos Workforce Ready?

Learning about Workforce Ready?

Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

Ask Workforce Ready a Question
Showing 296 Workforce Ready reviews
Workforce Ready review by <span>Al D.</span>
Al D.

"Powerful tool, but has issues with big staffs who are shared with other areas "

What do you like best?

semi-easy editing features with great weekly/pay period calculations for quick access and reporting.

What do you dislike?

There are multiple issues or lack of functionality related to approving shifts and adding approving managers. About a year ago, they made the employees default job code come up as blank in the approval screen, which caused issues for us when employees are shared with other areas in the department as well as different pay structure. It took some time adjusting by figuring out who was originally hired in my area in order to know what clock ins to approve. The other issue we have constantly run unto also stems from sharing staff. They allow up to 5 approval managers per employee for continuity in case someone else has to do that persons payroll, but after about the 3rd manager, the remaining do not actually get access to view or approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the situation you are in, I would explore all options that may suit your payroll needs if that is specifically what you are using it for. We do not use any of the other features, and for large staffs, with shared people, there are definitely other options in software that allow for scheduling, time approval, and reporting that are all interconnected to make the processes quicker.

Kronos does handle our payroll of 300+ people fairly well. While we understand that with software implementation, we need to change our protocols since they cannot adopt the software to our specific needs. We have been able to clean up some of our practices due to this, which definitely has helped us streamline and set internal policies in place in order to become more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Ready
Workforce Ready review by <span>Clinton V.</span>
Clinton V.

"Kronos Workforce Ready, an excellent alternative to other payroll and time management systems"

What do you like best?

KWR has an excellent userface and allows for easy edits of timecards and punches for all employees. The levels of management approval are far less cumbersome than many competing products, especially if you're in a 24/7 environment. We love the flexibility it offers to approve from anywhere anytime.

What do you dislike?

Not much honestly, but there could be better support options. If you get locked out and need a reset or other authentication help be prepared to wait on hold for a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have rock solid physical IT infrastructure before switching--KWR is much more reasonably priced when you can host it locally.

under our old time card system manager approval had to be done locally at the same computer used for time punches. this created a lot of stress for our managers, so being able to access all work records in the cloud anytime with KWR is a breeze for us.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workforce Ready review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Kronos Workforce Not Quite Ready"

What do you like best?

Good platform with a single underlying database. Kronos continues to invest in expanding and improving the software. Excellent annual KronosWorks conference where interaction among Kronos customers is encouraged. Employees seem eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Very poor job installing the product. We were able to go-live with payroll on the targeted date but much of the configuration, including taxes and W2 set-up, was incorrect. We had to issue more than 350 W2c's due to a configuration issue that should not be possible to mess up (box 12 d shouldn't include employer match yet Kronos WFR allowed it to be configured in this manner; the Kronos installation team introduced this error while doing the initial configuration).

Poor follow-through in terms of resolving/closing tickets. Poor account management follow-through.

Very poor documentation and very little access to meaningful tutorials. We are no longer a direct customer of Kronos WFR due to the poor customer experience.

Also very little ownership and help between the Kronos WFR front end software and the back-end payroll processing (we used ADP and neither ADP or Kronos seemed to accept accountability for the reconciliation of the files, nor could they point us to someone who could help).

Also did not have a good experience with Kronos WFR "trusted partners" who are willing to configure Kronos WFR on your behalf, for $130-160 an hour. We found these consultants to be only slightly more knowledgeable than the Kronos WFR help-desk, however in many cases their knowledge was lacking, once again due to very little system documentation and lack of experience with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software and value is very good. If you choose Kronos WFR, look into one of the regional payroll/HR outsourcing firms that uses Kronos WFR that is re-branded and sold as their own. You will get much better service, will have knowledgeable support, help with complex tax set-up, help with configuration/workflows, all for a bit less than what Kronos will charge you as a direct customer!

We transitioned to a local payroll company who runs the same (but re-branded) Kronos WFR. We did a complete re-install and found many more configuration errors. We are now much more happy with the local company who takes full responsibility for configuration and tax filings. We now have the all the benefits of a good HCM system, without the downsides of poor service experienced while a direct customer of Kronos.

All this extra support at a slightly lower cost than what we were paying Kronos and ADP (for back-end processing)!

No employee disruption during the transition either! We love our new vendor relationship!

Workforce Ready review by <span>Joshua R.</span>
Joshua R.

"Speedy Workforce Management"

What do you like best?

We have recently updated to version 8.0.13 and I like the "Gantt View" option in the schedule view. It is nice being able to quickly see upcoming vacations and know how much labor is available on a given day. The Exception Alerts are also very useful, highlighting any discrepancies in time cards without having to dig through each individuals time card and look for missed/late punches, etc.

What do you dislike?

Within the schedule view it would be nice to have a full-month calendar view to more easily see a labor forecast beyond the current pay period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are spending a lot of time reviewing time cards for discrepancies or going through schedules to determine the available labor on any given day, Kronos Workforce can greatly reduce the time put into those tasks.

Being able to quickly see the available labor for the next couple days has been a time-saving benefit when working on assignment schedules.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Courtney N.</span>
Courtney N.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

This if my first time using Kronos as a Payroll Manger, and it was a smooth learning process. It is very easy to navigate and if you cannot figure something out the Kronos Community is a great help. That is probably what I like best, the ability to reach out to other clients and discuss problems and resolutions.

What do you dislike?

I had the most trouble adapting to Kronos third party partners. We have the full sweep of Kronos Workforce Ready, but we use ADP for check writing and tax filing. When Kronos has updates, it seems that the ADP files are manipulated. The manipulated files are not able to upload to ADP, and it has caused a lot of problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had a great experience with Workforce Ready so far, it is easy to use and understand. Our employees can access a lot more than they were able to access previously. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about the software.

Kronos has a multitude of reports that are easily manipulated and can give us great feedback. In return, we can adjust our labor and possibly save time and money. We have also just started using the mobile app for our employees, and it has been a great hit. Some of our employees do not have computers at home, but almost all of them have smartphones. They are able to receive and adjust their schedules right from home.

Workforce Ready review by <span>AMY J.</span>
AMY J.

"The best product I have found for all aspects of the HR function"

What do you like best?

I love that I can recruit, employ, and terminate an employee and every record pertaining to them is in one place. We use every module of Workforce Ready and even use third party software partnered with KRONOS. They are always improving the product and making meaningful enhancements that improve the day to day functions of our business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the BSI option that we have with payroll. It is very confusing, difficult to use.

The security within Workforce Ready is also difficult to figure out at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the modules and force yourself to learn the system and use it. Ask over and over for what you need. They do listen to concerns.

ACA reporting module is a life saver when it comes to combining HR information and financial information. We are currently working on adding the analytic data component. Workforce ready team is always making improvements to make HR administration easier. They have improved the mobile application to make the product user friendly for our employees. By implementing KRONOS, for my company, I have an infrastructure that will allow us to grow.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Theresa M.</span>
Theresa M.

"I can only say...amazing!!"

What do you like best?

I love that all the tools are at my disposal to receive the help when needed. That is very important with payroll deadlines. The customer service has always been top notch and they really care about their clients. I love that we have all of our properties under one URL and only have to make changes to our setup one time rather than 10; as we previously did. Kronos is very easy to navigate and learn as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is having to transmit payroll so early; but that isn't a problem that Kronos can fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! We don't have any of the issues that we had with other systems and they really do listen to their customers. There hasn't been one time that I have been sorry we are with Kronos. As a matter of fact; we keep adding modules!!

I was able to fix the issue regarding our part time sick accruals for California and Oregon associates. We are able to upload payroll financial information with the creation of our general ledger system within Kronos. Just those two issues alone resolved many hours of work for many associates. With the use of the scheduling module; management is better able to track hours versus club usage and adjust the schedule accordingly. Associates are better able to manager their time off by using the time off workflow, schedule in Kronos and the shift swapping feature that has just come out. Manager are better able to get coverage for shifts as well. Time spent on payroll has reduced dramatically with the use of importing spreadsheets for large volume departments. I love that I can schedule reports to go to specific managers at specific times so that I'm not having to run the same reports all of the time. The ability to have all of our properties under one URL is a lifesaver as well. We previously had 10 URL's for our 10 properties. It was time consuming to have to switch back and forth and then to have to make changes in all 10 was also a challenge.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Chris M.</span>
Chris M.

"Incredibly powerful, with one major limitation"

What do you like best?

The system is incredibly powerful, and contains a tremendous amount of features. Workforce Ready was the only cloud based solution that contained every major HR and Workforce Management feature we were looking for, all under the same roof.

What do you dislike?

Workforce Ready contains little to no functionality to assist with quarterly and year end corporate payroll tax reporting and/or filing at the state level. There's no out-of-the box state-level tax reporting built in, nor the ability to build a fully featured custom report for your state. Kronos Global Support has been of little help as Kronos has chosen to farm tax reporting functionality out in a few different directions. Which, if you want these features, all come at an added cost to you, the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall - Workforce Ready is an incredible tool containing a wealth of functionality, all with just enough customization for small or mid-sized businesses. We are incredibly happy we went with Kronos over the others SaaS options we explored. Be certain you have partner lined up (or budget for the added cost to sign on with the additional BSI Tax Module) to assist with corporate payroll tax filing and reporting as there is nothing built in to assist you with this at the state level.

Employee application to COBRA now happens within one system. All modules talk to one another, and the system knows every aspect of the employee life cycle. ACA tracking, benefits enrollment, hiring, terminations, etc - all HR functions have been made incredibly easier thanks to the implementation of the system. We are also now tracking data we never had access to before, i.e. turnover, overtime by cost center, scheduled vs actual hours. All of which appear at a Manager's fingertips, or simply delivered to their inbox on a schedule they customize.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Nancy M.</span>
Nancy M.

"Kronos Workforce Ready exceeds our expectations"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is 2nd to none! Peace of mind is so valuable.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike, yet. We do have a few users who have limited computer skills. Any automated system has a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Set Up can feel "Heavy" and administration can be complex (we have a complex company), it's so worth it! The Kronos Implementation Team continues to help us through it, every step of the way. It might take a little longer than other providers but the accuracy will far outweigh the time it takes. Going live mid-year was not as painful as we thought it would be. We have no regrets and Highly recommend Kronos Workforce Ready software.

Workforce Ready has far more functionality than our previous provider and the Modules work well together. No more blackout periods for processing, great reports that we can fine tune on our own, Auto generation of reports, so I can take a vacation with out the stress of month end report scheduling. There's so much more!

Workforce Ready review by <span>Alex P.</span>
Alex P.

"Kronos is great for timekeeping, especially if you have the mobile app"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I can keep track of my timecard very quickly, and don't have to go through the fuzz of the desktop application. User-friendly most of the time

What do you dislike?

I cannot see my hours from the past week. It limits the view to one week only (current) and that's it. Sometimes it crashes out of nowhere, too. Buggy, can be a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with the app and its nuances. One thing wrong and it's hard to redo it.

I don't have to call my supervisor every time or come to my desktop to check my hours or see a timecard. I can also submit time off and vacation requests through my phone. No need to use the computer.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Michele B.</span>
Michele B.

"Great product and support like no others"

What do you like best?

The hosted environment is the best along with their support that is so good. I was not used to the level of service from our previous vendor. They help you and teach you at the same time. I've never once not received a timely solution and response.

What do you dislike?

There are certain modules that I wish were further developed such as performance management but I do think that this will come with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to other clients and ask specific questions about how they set up challenging things like unique benefits or a custom work flow.

Automation of our paper processes. We aren't paperless yet, but have cut it by over 70%. Managers are satisfied as well.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Christian M.</span>
Christian M.

"Great System, but Too Much Variability"

What do you like best?

Kronos makes it relatively simple to monitor employees time cards. Some reports are extremely useful such as punch detail.

What do you dislike?

The manner in which an employee's time must be entered or edited can be extremely cumbersome and tedious. For example, in a given day, you are only allowed to enter one punch in and one punch out without having to navigate out and back in to the time frame you're looking at editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into some other systems prior to implementing Kronos. However, don't completely eliminate it from the running without determining if something else might fit your needs better.

The biggest benefit is simplistic payroll and easy reporting.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Chelsea L.</span>
Chelsea L.

"A Continuous Work In Progress"

What do you like best?

I love how adaptable and customizable the Kronos platform is. They have really used forward-thinking to anticipate the needs of their broad range of customers.

What do you dislike?

At times, there are several ways to get to a feature or change a feature and it can be confusing for new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use help from the Kronos Community, support and personal specialists to build out the product in the way you need.

The ability to track turnover and expenses by department/EIN has been an amazing feature for our company. As we continue to build onto our system, we have realized the ability to customize digital forms, progress reports, data/expense reports is pretty amazing. Using the reports feature is like having Excel right at your hands within the system.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Heather P.</span>
Heather P.

"Great system for a large group of people"

What do you like best?

I like the platform that this program is run on. It is very user friendly and very easy to access. You can find what you are looking for very easily and can search if you have a question. It's great to do reviews within the program itself and you can just click through the questions and answer as you see fit. There is also a great help team that is available to answer questions as needed. Great product all around and I would definitely recommend it for a company that has a lot of employees. It is very easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there was not a lot that I disliked about the program. The color scheme could use a little flair but other than that, I feel like the actual usage of the program does what it is intended for. I am not entirely sure how to use all of the things that the system does have to provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to a large business model.

We had a lot of employees and it was very nice to have a centralized location in which all of our employees information was uploaded into. It was very easy to access and very user friendly for even the most computer illiterate staff. It has a lot of tools that can be used for many different things. Record keeping and tracking applicants has been a great tool for our facility. The time clock punch for employees is also very convenient to have for all of our staff. It provides a centralized location for all of that information to be held in.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Sanoj E.</span>
Sanoj E.

"Say Goodbye to Paper-timesheets"

What do you like best?

If you have hourly employees, you can see the exact amount of time they actually work. In addition, when it comes to vacation requests, everything is automated and it has a nice process flow of approvals. Before Kronos, we had to submit timesheets via Excel. It was horrible! Kronos helps with the utilization and accurately captures time.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with Kronos. For one thing, if an hourly person requests time off, it gets approved, but then he/she cancels it...there's more steps that need to be done. For instance, the cancellation needs to be approved by the manager and then the manager needs to go back and enter a schedule for that day. In addition, if you try to use an activity code that's linked to your company's order management system, the fields are very specific. For instance, if you enter it as **/432222 vs ** / 432222, it won't work. It's very sensitive.

It has reduced time being wasted on timesheets. It has saved emails from being sent about time off requests. Less arguing of time actually worked from employees. No discrepancy at the end of the year of how much vacation you have left.

Workforce Ready review by <span>D. Emily Y.</span>
D. Emily Y.

"Simple not complex "

What do you like best?

The best feature I like is " My Dashbaord" and customer support. I can adjust the dashboard tabs and quick links to my liking, my short cuts. Whenever I had to call support, the representatives are kind, patient and quick to resolve the problem.

What do you dislike?

When the network - firewall acts up and blocks Kronos access, it doesn't up load time in and outs on the employee to the icloud. Although it is recorded on the Kronos workready, the network blocks the Kronos to update the Icloud to update. My dislike there is no alert feature or red flag. I will notice it once through each department system.

No problems are in the process of being resolved as of now. Our company has updated the network in hopes this will avoid discrepancies in the future.

"Kronos Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and find employee info.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when posting a job externally, applicants say they have trouble completing the application and that it's not user friendly. The most common issue we see is that individuals are unable to fully complete the application process. Some of these are certainly user mistakes, but the application process should be a bit easier,

I also feel improvements can be made to applicant tracking. Specifically in terms of searching applications. While I am comfortable setting search parameters, I think some improvements can be made. Maybe have all available search options listed for the user to see rather than having to use drop down menus in order to tailor the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool, easy to use after a few hours of either training or navigating on own. I had some slight training but basically taught myself how to use many of the Kronos tools.

Kronos is used as the tool where we keep all personnel records, in regards to paperwork, training, time and attendance, recruitment and applications.

Overall the tool is fairly easy to use once you play around with it for a couple of days. However, I do feel improvements can

Workforce Ready review by <span>Jaime C.</span>
Jaime C.

"More than a service, it is a partnership"

What do you like best?

There are many advantages to being a full suite user. Workforce Ready leverages the best in business from a time and labor management standpoint. Combine the flexibility and rate of continuous improvement from HCM/Payroll and any business can expect a well-rounded product that will help achieve current and future business needs. The most important aspect of the product is the customer service/support received. Kronos is there every step of the way through the product life cycle.

What do you dislike?

The system interface would be an area of opportunity. As it is currently the structure is simple (certainly not a bad thing), but enhanced navigation, search functions, and aesthetics would greatly enhance the admins end user experience. I know a new release is right around the corner for this item and we look forward to seeing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will see that almost all vendors can provide a similar solution. It is important to consider the long term partnership and support-Kronos exceeds expectations on both product and support.

Labor tracking at the cost center/work center level, advanced analytics (forecasted turnover, absenteeism, benefits, etc.), and streamlined processes to name a few.

Workforce Ready review by User

"Kronos is Great and User Easy"

What do you like best?

I like how the design is easy to use and manipulate. I also like how it makes spreadsheets easy to help me finish my work faster than it would without it. I also like how the design is easy to look at for long hours. I like the quick find section as this is easy to use. I really also like the human resources tab button.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will crash unexpectedly causing me to lose work. I also dislike how there are some limits to the work that I am doing such as making notations. I dislike how this is without a easy help access button and if there could be a quick tutorial that would describe everything to make it easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Kronos Workforce Ready to others due to it being super easy friendly. I highly recommend this because It helps me complete my job faster than expected. It also supplies me with all the information I need easily without much struggle finding the needed information.

I am solving business problems where I need to create spreadsheets of my employees to look at information in a better uniform way. This helps with the spreadsheets because they are easy to make with these. I have benefited from Kronos pulling reports that are listed exactly what I need and helps me finish my tasks faster with these full reports of my employees.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Shari N.</span>
Shari N.

"Kronos Workforce Ready was one of the best decisions we have made in HR!"

What do you like best?

Kronos Workforce Ready is a very user friendly platform that allows all Human Resources and Payroll needs be easily met. ALE Solutions has been using the product for three years and we continue to build off of it; allowing us to create customizable workflows that work for our organization. We use most of the modules including: recruitment, FMLA, paperless open enrollment, and many others. The customer service is top notch allowing us to easily submit a ticket and get a call back almost immediately by a specialist in the area.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have the FMLA module easily read over to the timesheet rather than manually entering FMLA time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Kronos.

We use the time management module as it is real time data that is reliable and easy to process for payroll. We also are moving away from paper and have created workflows allowing employees to sign off on forms electronically. Our department is now completely paperless, thanks to Kronos! All of our personnel documents are uploaded into each electronic file, which allows for improved efficiency and a cleaner office!

Workforce Ready review by Internal Consultant in Food Production
Internal Consultant in Food Production

"Kronos workforce ready review"

What do you like best?

Cloud based and upgrades to software are handled there. We are in the process of doing some mobile time off requesting and time/attendance inquiries which should be helpful.

What do you dislike?

Kronos experts are remote to each other and communication and REAL knowledge is sometimes lacking. There is a smaller group of true experts who are spread to thin, so they use newer, less knowledgeable employees to fill the gap. I believe they are getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos development for customer installs MUST design each company's system as they go. Meaning the discover document at the beginning is a good start but no user can answer all the questions about how their current system works. Kronos technical Dev has to be on site and observe and document some of the missing holes that the discovery cannot find.

Upgrading systems have become impossible with our companies 24/7 structure. These 3rd party systems need to be managed and problems addressed by someone outside of our company. IT no longer has time to invest and learn these 3rd party systems.

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

WFR's robust and configurable reporting capability.

What do you dislike?

The payroll module has room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos takes the administrative work away from managers and the HR team and allows them to strategically focus on the business.

Implementation was easy and organized, we had weekly hour long meetings with our project team where they would review the previous week’s upload (feedback file) and discuss the next week’s punch list. As the client, my part in implementation was minimal. I would provide Excel spreadsheets and ALE policies & procedures and the Kronos team input the information and configured the rules.

Once implementation was complete, we were transitioned over to the support team. I’ll admit that the structure of Kronos support scared me at first. As a Kronos client you submit a case on the Kronos website and a support specialist calls you back. I was used to and therefore comfortable with calling an 800# and troubleshooting my issues with the customer support representative that answered the phone. The difference between Kronos and other providers is that Kronos reviews your case, assigns it to a specialist, the specialist trouble shoots the problem and then gives you a call back with the solution versus explaining my issue to a 800 customer support representative who may not understand my issue, being assigned a case number and never hearing from that person again.

Beyond implementation and support, the functionality of Kronos is robust and configurable to your organization. Since launching Kronos, ALE has:

• Gone completely paperless in HR and Payroll. All legacy files were scanned into Kronos and all new hire, employee changes and termination paperwork are online.

• Designed and implemented online Kronos performance reviews.

• Configured online open enrollment.

• Created anti-harassment and security training PowerPoints that we assign annually to employees through Kronos checklists, after employees complete the training, they are able to electronically sign off on the training.

• With the assistance of Kronos ALE has established vendor feeds so employee changes transfer seamlessly between Kronos, our insurance company, our FSA and our 401(k) vendor.

Kronos has allowed my HR team to transition from an administrative operational department to a strategic business partner.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Wes M.</span>
Wes M.

"Successful September 2017 Kronos WFR go live"

What do you like best?

There hasn't been anything that we need to do that Kronos doesn't have some way to handle. Sometimes it may look different than we are used to but all the functionality that we have needed is in the system in some format. For our size company, the system is a great fit

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard find what I am looking for with all the functions available. But I hear that different navigation options are being released shortly which will make navigation more intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use implementation services from Kronos

We had a very old system and our HR system was outdated and incomplete. WFR allows us to bring all our data together and more easily report on our workforce as well as administer benefits. Also, our manufacturing supervisors now have real time access to their employees and have many more tools available to manage timesheets and timesheet exceptions, schedules, pay rates, performance reviews, etc.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"nice but not ready"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting capabilities and that applicants can apply online and fill out all paperwork. We are in the early stages of Workforce Ready, but we are hoping the system will help us become paperless. Employees will be able to enter their own information and make their own changes. The app allows employees to view vacation balances, request vacation, and view pay advises from their phones. The payroll system is good.

What do you dislike?

If you move from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready, Workforce Central (timekeeping especially) has a lot more checks and balances to make sure time cards are correct. Supervisors can enter vacation on lines that have time, basically negating the time the employee worked. The attendance points system is not nearly as detailed. All employees must enter a virtual code when they use a new computer, web browser, or have their cookies cleared, which has been a slight issues as we have a lot of factory employees that do not have texting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workforce Ready is a good product, but coming from another Kronos product, it doesn't have some of the features that we really liked from our old system. They are constantly updating to add features, so we are hoping to get the features that we are looking for in the near future.

Less paper, streamlined processes

Workforce Ready review by <span>JENNIFER M.</span>
JENNIFER M.

"HR DIRECTOR"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the system. The reporting in Workforce Ready is very user-friendly. You can tweak a report and not have to jump from screen to screen.

Employees are able to see their information and create a dashboard that is custom.

Pay statements are easily found and accruals for vacation and sick time is very transparent. to employees.

The mobile app is a great tool for employees and managers. Time off can be requested on the app and managers can approve time while at home.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could pull reports that show a year over year comparison for income.

We have several employees that transfer over the year. Transfer files need to be re-build with only some information coming over in a sync file. Most has to be re-built. It would be great if we could just switch EIN's.

You also have to re-build the accrual info and previous time off transactions can not be seen in the employee's accrual screen. They have to go to the EIN's separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot of information to input when building the system. You must have a team that is fully on board and willing to spend many hours to make the system function correctly.

If you don't have cooperation inter-departmentally, the system implementation will be much more difficult.

We have solved several issues.

Mainly our time off requests and accruals. Before, we were using paper requests and tracking with a system that only allowed 2 users access.

We now use Workforce Ready to track FMLA claims. This has been extremely helpful because we are able to put updates and upload documents to each employee's FMLA case.

Workforce Ready gave us a solution to our ACA reporting dilemma. Everything would have been done by hand and we would have spent weeks to figure out the 1095 reporting requirements.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Marie H.</span>
Marie H.

"All in One Package"

What do you like best?

We utilize WFR for Payroll, Time and HR. It's great having all that data in one area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are constrictions within the platform that may not completely align with our internal processes; however Kronos is good at providing work arounds if needed and they do implement ideas provided from customers for improvements.

We had employee data in multiple areas, and we needed it in one. This has also helped reduce time spent pulling data from one source to another. Our employees used WFR for Benefit Enrollment this past year, which was great, saved us lots of time and reduced errors from HR manually entering data.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Jamie J J.</span>
Jamie J J.

"Great product for time keeping and payroll !! "

What do you like best?

I liked that fact that it was easy to use once you got the basics down . The fact that i could log on from home or anywhere was a big bonus for me .

What do you dislike?

I havnt used Kronos for a few years but i do recall that when i first used it , it took a little bit of time to ge the hang of it. Once I understood the basics however , it wasnt a problem to navigate and enter my hours for the week .

Recommendations to others considering the product

as i had said before i think possibly making it more user friendly or a better user introduction would be helpful. Once you understand how the system works its no problem but getting over that hump was a learning curve for me since i had never entered time with a program like Kronos.

I had used many other methods of time keeping up till the point that I first used Kronos but nothing had been as easy to use and efficent as Kronos . I like that fact that I was able to track my hours and log in from home if I had forgot to enter hours for my pay period.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Jacie W.</span>
Jacie W.

"Gets the job done "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and simplicity of the program. It also allows the employees to keep accurate time sheets with or without the help of a gatekeeper or micromanagament from above

What do you dislike?

The program can be slightly glitchy. If you type 4:00 for an out punch, it usually automatically assumes you meant 4:00AM, regardless of whether that time is earlier or later than the punched in time. That could lead to some inaccuracies, but are usually pretty noticeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the glitchy time assumptions

Our employees are able to be more independent in their timesheets, which means less micromanagement.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Krista G.</span>
Krista G.

"Powerful, easy HR/Time/Payroll suite"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and setup for average users. Although it takes thought and work, setting up the system to maintain your company needs does not require advanced training or programming knowledge. It helps, but is not required.

What do you dislike?

Different parts of the database cannot be combined for reporting purposes unless it is a standard report. For companies on a mainframe platform that allowed complicated joins for reporting may find the reporting limiting. Often, it takes multiple reports downloaded and combined into Excel to get the information needed. These are highly unusual reports, however and the majority of the time, what a company needs has already been built or in progress with Kronos (i.e. point in time reports).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use full-suite product that works well with all of it's features.

Duplication of effort for data entry with vendors, lack of reporting and consistency were the drivers to move to Kronos. We have realized benefits of better reporting, workforce analytics, data management and performance management.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent system"

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed working with the Kronos Team in developing our Payroll, HR and TLM system. Their support and knowledge has been the key to our success. We have a very complicated way of paying our employees and every challenge has been met by the Kronos Team. We love the functionality of the system and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike was how much time it took for us to finally start making progress and the changes within the Kronos staff. You loose some consistency when you have to start with a new rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to move forward with Kronos. Despite the complexities of our organization they were willing to work with us until we had a product that satisfied our needs.

We are integrating our Payroll, HR and TLM systems into one. We are providing a lot more resources for our managers and employees thru Kronos. We will be leaner in our processes thanks to the automation that Kronos will provide. All of our HR documents will be stored in one place with access to those that need it.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Christina C.</span>
Christina C.

"If you want robust reporting capabilities, then keep looking!"

What do you like best?

There are many reports available and most of them are fairly straightforward and will be acceptable for bare bones reporting needs.

What do you dislike?

I’m not impressed with the reports overall. I would prefer to have more control over the functionality in order to dig deeper for my analytical needs.

As I am not in HR directly, it is possible there are many benefits that I have not been made aware of. I’m able to pull reports and answer basic questions about scheduling, etc. I’m not able to personalize these reports to the extent that I would like.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Roland C.</span>
Roland C.

"Topnotch HR tool for our huge manpower"

What do you like best?

Probably the best thing I could mention about Kronos Workforce Ready is its ability to make tedious tasks automated and simple. To mention some of the tasks we normally handle on a daily routine basis are the logging in and out of the staff, counting of their time on and offs holiday and sick leaves, and payroll. These things and much other more are taken cared of by Kronos.

What do you dislike?

It is more of a suggestion that a dislike but I think, they could slice the software into bite sized pieces. I mean, it is too compact. They could probably implement a modular approach, where the client can choose what features they needed or wanted to be added, and then pay for it, rather than have all of the features loaded up. It's a good thing though, but for inter-department needs like us where tasks are modular and we don't get to use all the features at once, it will be nice to have a department only access of certain features.But then again, it is not a complaint but rather a suggestion. Kronos is a great tool, especially for an enterprise level company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommending this software to my friends from another company, They might need an upgrade from their cumbersome workload of tossing data that can be done if a jiffy.

We used an iOT tool that monitors employee productivity but only limited to logging in and out of their fingerprints. It is quite cumbersome and expensive, and we only get to import the data every once a month when the technicians are around. With Kronos Workforce Ready, the entire team became self-sufficient and independent of what they need to.

"Confusing interface"

What do you like best?

The system tracks my time and shows available PTO. There is a place to request time off and put notes in for the reasons for the request.

What do you dislike?

Since the upgrade, the interface is very confusing. I cannot toggle easily between monthly view and weekly view. I used to very easily request time off way in advance. I no longer can figure out how to cancel requested time off. I also hate how you have to clock in within 7 minutes of your shift and it's an act of congress to fix mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

work on the usability and ease of the interface

The system allows the organization to track time and put time in different banks. I am sure the reporting capabilities for managers are useful or the system wouldn't exist

Workforce Ready review by <span>Alvaro A.</span>
Alvaro A.

"Kronos Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that you have so many options to scale to your business. The implementation is thorough.

What do you dislike?

The length of time it took to roll out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the name scare you. Even thought it's a powerhouse brand it still works with the little guy and big dogs alike. It's a flexible and attainable product.

It had ample solutions for a lot more that I was able to commit to. however, it would be great to see it solve a lot more. So far it has provided cloud timekeeping and payroll solutions.

Workforce Ready review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Good time keeping tracker "

What do you like best?

The upgraded system lets you run reports and remotely access data to review items while on the go. Good out of the box reporting and pretty decent cross-system integration to import and link data.

What do you dislike?

Clunky system and still has limited features, but it gets the job done. The system is improving but it all depends on the modules you get and the systems you are integrating with. Some integrations work well, others need a lot more resources and training to set up and maintain. Mobile platform can do basic features but heavy lifting causes it to hang and slow down drastically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a much simpler and easy option than ADP. ADP is expensive and has multiple issues.

Time tracking and employee absenteeism. The system helps access, update and approve any exceptions that may arise and ensure that checks go out as needed. Any issues can be looked up and any accruals or issues can be addressed later.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Connie E.</span>
Connie E.

"Kronos Workforce Ready Review"

What do you like best?

Kronos WFR is easy to create endless reports

What do you dislike?

Support sometimes can be slow, but getting better

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good program and is always looking for ways to improve and listen to what customers are asking.

We were able to set up online application process. Reporting is much better than what we have. Allocation reporting issues were resolved which saved payroll time in processing reports. Kronos has worked to help get us to where we want to be and for the most has not given up looking for ways to resolve issues that have been given to them. We do several things with our benefits and payroll that isn't a normal way and Kronos WFR has been able to find a way to meet our needs.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Numerous capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like the numerous capabilities that Kronos Workforce Ready has. Coming from an agency that utilized manual processes and grew rapidly over the last few years, I'm grateful for the versatility of the software and the ability to streamline a lot of our processes.

What do you dislike?

I was very displeased with the implementation of our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be rocky in the beginning, but it gets better; stick with it. I am continually learning and discovering new functions within Workforce Ready that will benefit me and the agency. Kronos is continually adding new functionality and looking for ways to improve the product.

Going from numerous manual processes, spreadsheet tracking, etc., to a system that is quick and efficient. Workforce Ready will free up time for other tasks.

"Using an older version"

What do you like best?

System can be accessed from anywhere, easy to understand time off accrual section.

What do you dislike?

System does not deal well with lunch breaks if the person does not strictly work the schedule entered for him/her. Causes rework if there is any variation in worked time vs. schedule entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to keep an eye open for upgrades and additional features. We use Kronos across multiple locations so there is 1 main contact at our head office. This has kept the outlying locations somewhat in the dark related to upgrades and additional functionality.

Much easier method of recording time and tracking changes. Allows employee updating of needed changes, saving time on payroll entry/confirmation.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Andy K.</span>
Andy K.

"Good for simple payroll processing with a few limitations"

What do you like best?

You can't back punch times, all the employees are required to take care of their own payroll, it works on a pretty large scale, making changes is easy.

What do you dislike?

Odd glitches sometimes (one student didn't get paid, then got paid half, another got paid double). This has happened twice in my 8 months here. Employees need a different punch for each one, making it difficult to process ones that have multiple jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate other options but I'm not really sure what else is out there.

Automated payroll.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Matthew K.</span>
Matthew K.

"Comprehensive HR Management System"

What do you like best?

All of the modules are fully integrated, such as Payroll, Benefits, HR, Performance Management, Recruitment, etc. The Kronos Customer Support is very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Setting up Kronos is not intuitive at all. There is a pretty steep learning curve. Whenever we want to implement a new feature or make some type of significant change, it's crucial to contact Kronos Customer Support to help you with it.

Kronos has helped us streamline all of our HR systems into one fully integrated system.

Workforce Ready review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great Time Tracking Program"

What do you like best?

I really like that the Techs in our office can teletime in so that when they aren't in front of a computer but are on the job they can call in to clock in/out. Kronos is very accurate and I find super user friendly and a great way for companies to track their employees time. It is also excellent for tracking your sick/personal or holiday time and entering the time off in yourself. Managers can easily adjust employees time.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to complain on except would be nice if a manager wouldn't be allowed to approve time if all fields aren't filled in for clocking in and out. Doing historical edits can mess an employees overtime up if hours have been left off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has any need for just simply time tracking then Kronos works wonderful, but beyond that there is so much more functionality that's helpful.

We use Kronos for time tracking for the end user, but I'm sure it is used a little more intensely in the company overall.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

"KRONOS"

What do you like best?

That you are able to see all of your information in one place. Time, Vacation, pay summary, vacation summary etc. It is also nice to see all employees in one place. The scheduler seems to work well, but could use some improvement.

What do you dislike?

I actually like Kronos, but I do not have to use the back end of it as much as our HR manager

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well for time tracking, and having all information in one place.

It seems easier to request vacation, keep track of vacation and time, add in any extra pay etc...

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Good reporting but lacking "

What do you like best?

Reporting is fully customizable and gives a lot of good data. All reports can be exported to excel. The only complaint I have with reporting is that you can’t pull data across report types.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of ways to get to the same thing but only 1 way allows you to take action like approving time off requests. If an employee moves managers mid pay period neither manager can approve anything for them. Menus aren’t intuitive. Employees get confused easily about where to go to submit requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is great. Good product for small companies

We use kronos for timekeeping, accrual tracking, leave maintenance, direct deposit entry, and tax withholding forms

Workforce Ready review by User in Research
User in Research

"Efficient but Expensive "

What do you like best?

Utilization of Kronos means no expensive hardware whose only purpose is clocking folks in. Also, when the previous electronic hardware failed (once per week), it meant handwritten clock-ins one at a time.

What do you dislike?

There was infrequent employee sign in abuse -at least during my time at FlexShopper. As its been a few years, I don't know know if this problem has been resolved. With the old system, it was fingerprint clock-in with security cam. Also, there was a secondary software sign-in prior to Kronos clock-in so employees had to arrive early in order to avoid write-ups (even though they were in their seats).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there are secondary security questions to avoid clock-in abuse. Also, Kronos can be expensive for larger organizations

Efficiency! Imagine clocking in one at a time vs Kronos. Also, if a computer is not working, an employee can still login at another desk if needed.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"DECENT, BUT EXPECTED A MORE SEEMLESS EXPERIENCE"

What do you like best?

Being able to access from home, as well as being able to access some schedule/requests/employment information. This was a great transformation from our previous workforce management program. This gave associates the ability to find the majority of work information and have it more readily available to our associates.

What do you dislike?

The layout is awful, and load times are long. The layout is not very "smooth" and could be difficult, especially for those who are not tech savvy. There should be better mobile capabilities for associates to be able to access work schedule/requests off/shift trading/ etc. I have also had to call customer support multiple times to either get new hires new numbers reset. i am not sure exactly what the error is, but it will show the new associate name but the information given from Kronos does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HAVING BETTER MOBILE CAPABILITIES WOULD BE A HUGE ADVANCE AND WOULD BE COMPARABLE TO NEW WORK FORCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO BUSINESSES.

We are working on being able to give a more flexible access to our employees, to the different aspects most important for them. Being able to check schedule whenever and where ever you are help to reduce the amount of tardy/excuses of not knowing when someone works. This also helps to ensure that people have all the information needed for employees to perform at 100 percent.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Kingsley S.</span>
Kingsley S.

"Decent HR application for employee time management"

What do you like best?

Very easy to input dates for time off and vacation time off. In addition I am seeing how many hours I have left in my vacation and sick time allotted.

What do you dislike?

The features can be more pleasing and welcoming so to speak. It is just plain but at the same time easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is for time management for vacation and sick days. It also allows employee to enter time off from work by specifying the date and time.

Time management, vacation and sick days management. Prevent issues about how many days left for vacation or sick days when employees unsure how many days left since they can go in and get that information.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Sort of lives up to the hype"

What do you like best?

The system is for the most part user-friendly which is nice and can also handle a large volume of employees.

What do you dislike?

So many things. It's hard to create custom reports without having to have a give or take (i.e. you can do a point in time report but can't use most of the fields), not all of their custom fields are reportable, you can't send out a reminder for someone to complete one document, you have to send it for all which is annoying, and as always the sales team will give a huuuge hype but then not deliver during implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can customize the things you want. This is not a good system for those in Staffing nationwide. as there are less features than you need.

Building a larger enterprise with a system that can handle it.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Kaylee N.</span>
Kaylee N.

"Works well for managing timecards"

What do you like best?

As a user, I like the ease of use in clocking in and out and approving timecards. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not an option to prolong the time it keeps you logged in. I find it frustrating to have to log in all the time. I would estimate that it logs me out within 30 minutes.

The ability to provide accurate and easy tracking of work hours.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Good product"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly robust system that can do most of what the majority of small and mid sized companies need.

What do you dislike?

Customer service seems pretty new and inexperienced. A lot of our issues I have resolved with help from customer service but most of the time it seems like they are learning right along with me. It is helpful if you have someone dedicated to managing they system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have a very strong and experienced implementation group on-board to implement the system. Be sure you are very clear on what you need the system to do so it aligns with your business processes and culture.

Reporting is pretty good but their training is pretty limited to very basic details. They system can do more than what most of their basic training teaches you. You have to pay $500 for the 4 hour in-depth training courses that I think should be available to all companies. User of the software would be much happier with the system if good training was more accessible.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Helen K.</span>
Helen K.

"Easy Timecard Access for Users"

What do you like best?

I like that it's simple and easy to use. There's nothing too tricky about it. Sometimes, you need to update your Java to use it.

What do you dislike?

I think the design of the overall software can have a modernized look.

It provides an easy access for employees to log in their times. Your manager, the administrator, and you all can see the same screen at the same time.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Timothy B.</span>
Timothy B.

"Making time keeping easier"

What do you like best?

I love the fact how it makes us able to look at our overall timekeeping throughout the pay period as well for previous pay periods. We no longer have to use the paper trail with everything being pertaining to time keeping. With it being done electronically I believe that makes errors lessor to come by along with employees giving false information regarding their time keeping.

What do you dislike?

I haven't have any issues personally but I have heard of times when employees have had issues approving their timecards.

The overall management of fair time keeping for all employees that use it. No major mistakes and if so they can be easily fixed.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Not the easiest payroll keeper"

What do you like best?

Easy to keep track of clock ins and outs, and requests for PTO. It also give me the opportunity to see how much PTO an employee has. If approving a request without enough PTO i am also reminded of it so i can inform them of how much time they are short on.

What do you dislike?

Can't scroll through several employees. Makes it difficult to go through time cards without the hassle of saving and going to the next one. It takes some time for them to load as well.

keeping track of clock ins and outs, keeping track of request time off.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Deborah B.</span>
Deborah B.

"Looks great"

What do you like best?

I like that we have tabs to open an employee and if we need to view our own person attendance we can do so without losing the previous employee's information.

What do you dislike?

It is a small matter - but the system runs with hesitation. for me there is pause in it -

Access to years worth of time and attendance data. When we have court appointment and need proof we have it

Workforce Ready review by <span>Ashley S.</span>
Ashley S.

"Excellent Time"

What do you like best?

This is my first year attending the conference and I must say very preofrssional and very informative. I learned a lot with signing up for the classes to the knowledge of what my department can do in Kronos. I will be attending next year also.

What do you dislike?

Nothing too much. When given to us to review the classes I was a bit overwhelmed and the directions were not black and white so we did only have 1 class we signed up for

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oh this system will make it a lot easier with paperwork if in HR or make the process simple in payroll. I love it

The paperwork side to Human Resources.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Colby S.</span>
Colby S.

"Does what is Expected"

What do you like best?

Kronos for the most part does exactly what we need and want it to do.

What do you dislike?

There are occasionally a few odd short falls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reccomend you take the time to learn all the features and train the staff to use them from the begining so that features aren't wasted

We currently use Kronos for Payroll and Employee management. We are starting to use it more for Asset asignment, and to track credentials. We like the automated messaging functions.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Laura B.</span>
Laura B.

"Easy time tracker"

What do you like best?

The system allows the most frequent cost coding information to be saved for quick selection daily.

I like the cumulative calculation each day which allows you to double check entries and avoid key errors.

What do you dislike?

The adjustments can be confusing because they appear on two lines. It would be clearer if the adjustments appeared on the same line as the original punch.

This solves several concerns in addition to arrival and departure. Having biometric punching ensures the true employee is punching their own time card and no one else's. There is no disputing absences and hours worked with this system.

Workforce Ready review by <span>McKay Y.</span>
McKay Y.

"SaaS HR / Payroll Tracking & Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

Kronos is great for those looking for a solid workforce management tool for HR and/or payroll. The software is very well suited for companies that deal with many hourly employees as well as salaried employees and allows managers access to timely workplace data. Overall, there are a vast array of things your company can track, report, and complete within the system; and companies can customize their system to suit their evolving needs.

What do you dislike?

I find the interface to be a bit difficult to initially navigate; difficult enough that I had to look things up in the user manual because I could not intuitively locate them within the system. It certainly takes time to learn to navigate through the system so be ware of that. Also, it does not have professional setup services so be aware that It is the responsibility of the customer to Complete the Time and Accruals templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workforce Ready encourages modular; customers can choose only the pieces they need for their business. But there aren't any professional set up services offered to enable this SaaS so know that It is the responsibility of the customer to Complete the Time and Accruals templates.

Used for payroll and staffing systems; this software allows for one employee record in within the platform without having to move between various programs or services. It also easily tracks employees attendance, whether they are salaried or hourly (in which case it is able to track when they punch in and out).

Workforce Ready review by <span>Rick W.</span>
Rick W.

"Solid HRIS & Time Tracking Platform "

What do you like best?

SaaS hosted; flexible configuration; ease of deployment; high ROI on investment; excellent service & support

What do you dislike?

Inability to obtain direct access to underlying databases due to multi-tenant architecture limits data custom extraction options - although API-based options exist that satisfy most requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent platform; targeted to SMB but suited for many enterprise customers as well

Rapid deployment of HRIS & time tracking for new business unit in Mexico with complex wage & hour rules

Workforce Ready review by <span>Sarah N.</span>
Sarah N.

"Timekeeper Friend"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting part of this software as well as the overall ease. Its easy for employees to enter in vacations or PTO and make updates as needed. I also like that it doesn't require a lot of clicks to view timecards, find employees, make corrections, or process time for our payroll dept.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't remove users who aren't with the company anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the amount of users when implementing this system since you can run out of licenses real quick. Overall its easy to implement. Consider blocking the ability to log in externally to avoid issues with timecards.

We solved the problem of timecards being inaccurate as it feeds in live time with clock-ins. The benefits of the timekeeping and payroll portion is that it saves a lot of time.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Nichole F.</span>
Nichole F.

"Great Inter-connecting tool, but some work needed"

What do you like best?

I love that timesheets, payroll, HR, etc. can all interlink.

What do you dislike?

Some rules you would think should be basic to set-up, do not seem to have the functionality to work properly within Kronos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to really dig in deep on how you want/need each module to interface

Saving time on manual calculations - HR directly to Payroll - More employee direct input

Workforce Ready review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Kronos Workforce Ready"

What do you like best?

The ease of use between different features. There are no disconnected modules that sometimes work while others don't. The employees have a lot more interaction with WFR than other HRIS systems I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult with our organizational setup (4 divisions) to make things work as well for us as a group that doesn't operate under divisions. Specifically, when trying to do payroll we cannot have more than one person syncing time which can cause delays when processing payroll

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth taking a deep look at the product to see if it is a good fit for you. We have really enjoyed the switch

Benefit of all of our divisions under one system makes it easy to share information. Use of benefits tools to assist with 1094/1095 reporting is very helpful.

Workforce Ready review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"The software works but it could definitely go through some major revamps"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to do my job: scheduling for a team of 125+ associates without losing my mind, it is organized well, timecards are easy to view/edit, I can easily pull up data reports

What do you dislike?

It seems like its very antiquated: it runs VERY slow, the buttons just don't seem "modern", it takes a lot of clicking to get to where you need to, it doesn't give you flexibility

Payroll, effective budgeting, attendance tracking, scheduling to fulfill needs; not too many benefits - the software could be a lot more seamless

Workforce Ready review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"An Amazing product"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to use once you get a hang of it. Saves a lot of time and all the information you need is at your fingertips. Very reliable and gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly as some competitors.Its hard to remember how i did a task from one day to the next since there are so many ways to accomplish the same job

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good product for you to look into if you or your company is struggling with time and leave management.

Time sheet management.

Better control over managing overtime

Workforce Ready review by <span>Rachel K.</span>
Rachel K.

"Perfect for your business time keeping and HR needs. "

What do you like best?

Kronos has proven to be easily navigated by our management team as well as our internal employment staff. I am easily able to access my employees time cards from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Editing a time card transaction can be a bit tricky as the system has proven challenging for me several times when I’ve needed to amend an employees time punch for any reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the price for the value.

Tracking employees time worked, time off, pending requests is much more manageable with this system. I have a better view of my overall staff time and attendance.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Makes your life easier!"

What do you like best?

Kronos is easy to use and has lots of functionality. I especially like the various reports that I can create and download. The process is easy and fast!

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the system are not intuitive. Additionally, as a new user there is no real 'specific training" that walks you through the steps of various processes. The particular thing that I MOST dislike is the not reaching a "live" person to walk me through steps when I 'm trying to figure something out in the system. Submitting a ticket and waiting a day or two for a call is a "clunky" system.

*employee information all in one place

*ability to scan documents and keep electronic copies in one place

*faster on-boarding of new employees

"Kronos Review"

What do you like best?

I have yet to find something positive about Kronos that I could speak to.

What do you dislike?

From start to finish, we had issues implementing this new timekeeping/payroll system. The software looks like it is from 1987. Not user-friendly at all.

We moved from Paycor to Kronos. I suppose the only positive thing I can say is Kronos promises to be more accurate than Payrcor. Once we settle into Kronos and have had it for a full year, I will be able to speak to it better.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The reports are customizable and very easy to use. Also, the fact that you can preview and see on your screen what the report will look like before printing.

They provide very thorough training in all areas of the system; and continuing training as you use it.

It is very user friendly and easy to adjust settings without calling into support.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we have had is some of our staff are not computer literate and cannot keep up with the password requirements. This is why we chose to get ID cards and a time clock for them to use.

Although, I completely understand why the password requirements; there is sensitive information listed in each employee file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is absolutely perfect for any industry, but ideal for Healthcare. They understand the PBJ reporting and ACA tracking. I highly recommend it to any company that would like their payroll processing to be a smooth task.

I allows for a quick processing of payroll, so that extra time isn't wasted on waiting for help. Although, customer support is quick and effective. They stay true to your timeframe for completion and get the help you need by then. All the customer service staff have been extremely friendly and personable.

Our prior software wasted hours upon hours trying to process payroll and run reports after; with horrible customer service.

Workforce Ready review by Internal Consultant in Events Services
Internal Consultant in Events Services

"Implementing Kronos for convention union workforce"

What do you like best?

Seems to have quite a bit of ability to manipulate the existing workforce punches to align to the projects you are trying to catch real-time usage data for

What do you dislike?

The frontend passport ‘scanning’ portion doesn’t have the capabilities that it should at this point of time in regards to information capabilities to scan an employee in and move them along to actual work

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program when the workforce is known - still trying to figure out how it will work when only the # of workers needed is known, not actual individual names

No benefits as of yet as we are still implementing. But we are looking to be able to get a more real-time look at worker analytics and going with a more automatic vs paper/manual system

Workforce Ready review by <span>Dawn S.</span>
Dawn S.

"Utilize Kronos Workforce and support it from an IT perspective "

What do you like best?

It's user friendly. gGood reporting features.

What do you dislike?

Working with the Kronos project team. The project manager was not engaged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you supply the customer with a project manager that will treat you like the customer. Also make sure the timing is established and possibly let the customer select the tech person, ours didn't understand what we wanted so we did all the configuration on our own.

We are able to give members one application where they can see their hours requested time off remaining vac and personal. They also have the ability to see holidays and managers have all their needed info on their landing page. No paper! FMLA and STD are also done with approvals and visibility.

Workforce Ready review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Kronos Review"

What do you like best?

Kronos was used as a way to schedule and request time off at my company. It definitely was a more helpful switch from on paper to online and made things less confusing for employees as most of us were able to access the program on our smartphone or desktop computer.

What do you dislike?

When my company used the app it would sometimes be a little bit glitchy and difficult to access on the mobile version, however most of these glitches seemed to sort themselves out.

This software helped to solve many scheduling problems and made requesting time off much easier. It also had an option for us to request swap shifts which we also were only capable of doing on paper before.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"System Admin for 2 Entities"

What do you like best?

I like that the Kronos team is always working to improve the system. They have made great efforts to listen to their users for ideas and feedback.

What do you dislike?

There is a great deal of self-teaching to be done to really understand how the system works. It would be very helpful to have a better training program for new system admins so there is less guess and check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kronos is working hard to give users an improved product that is easier to use.

We have moved many aspects of HR to Kronos including applicant tracking, new hire orientation, benefits enrollment and some forms and workflows. This has made our processes more efficient and has greatly reduced the amount of paper we have to store.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Kronos—great web solution for easy man"

What do you like best?

Employees can access all of their time sheet info, requests for tine off , etc without calling HR or their management. Reduces call and email volume.

What do you dislike?

Very easy to use. Would be nice to automate some options for salary employees so they don’t have to enter in their time ever. Not many downsides.

Management of time sheets. We use this to bill our clients so we need a system that is easy to use, web based, and works for our call center agents.

Workforce Ready review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"Timekeeping "

What do you like best?

This is a great system to use as an employee to be able to clock in and out accurately and without having to bother manages all the time

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's a great system and as a user I appreciate all the items I have available at my fingertips

It is a useful time tracking system, a lot of our Workforce is hourly so it is invaluable to be able to accurately track their time and be able to look at historic information and also have it feed to payroll

Workforce Ready review by <span>Jennifer R.</span>
Jennifer R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Kronos is easy to use, it is not complicated, simple. Very helpful and user friendly

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Kronos is easy to use and I've never had any problems

Easy for employees to self schedule without added paperwork and confusing

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Lots of reporting options but payroll admin function is limited"

What do you like best?

I can design ad hoc reports quickly and easily, and any level of user can do the same. I like that I can create and save my reports and even have them emailed to me on a schedule!

What do you dislike?

From a payroll admin perspective, the pending requests (i.e. change requests, vacation, etc) should be searchable by date. Scrolling through pages and pages of requests each pay period is annoying and tedious.

We have really enjoyed the reporting capabilities and our employees mostly like Workforce Ready.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Brad N.</span>
Brad N.

"Simplify HR Administration"

What do you like best?

One integrated platform. When a change is made it is made across all HR functions, the same information is current to use in all modules.

What do you dislike?

Continue to enhance some of the modules to compete with the best of bread solutions in that space. As example, add 360 capabilities to performance reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Factor how much time you spend updating multiple systems and the ROI is easy.

Labor Management and we saw an immediate 20% improvement in the first month of going live. We also had HR needs to simplify administration and we saw those improvements as well, but the ROI was around labor management.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Daniel U.</span>
Daniel U.

"Easy Fast Program "

What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is to clock in and out of the system

What do you dislike?

I dislike how its difficult to find the options for time off and your time punch card

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teach employees how to figure out time off balence and how to check time punches.

I am solving an easier way for employees to clock in and out and having the punches for there time cards digital instead of using it on paper

Workforce Ready review by <span>Morgan M.</span>
Morgan M.

"Kronos"

What do you like best?

I Like the time entry. Easy to use and to lookup employees/students.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the time off balances are laid out. I wish you could see what your balance would be at a future time.

Lot's of benefits for us with time entry and it's very easy to make changes in time cards.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Thomas T.</span>
Thomas T.

"A very annoying system "

What do you like best?

There is not a lot I like about this system it is complicated and forces managers to not have the freedom they desire. However it does give accurate time recording

What do you dislike?

It is to automated and does not give flexibiliity I have heard many complaints from my bosses about how they are able fix schedule issues and its automated reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work for a Constitutional officer and the flexibility for them to give scheduling freedom is simply not there they feel that their hands are tied with HR which for them is annoying.

Human Resources would be the be biggest benefactor to the program because it give clear data. On a persons schedule while also allowing for a fair process on planing one employees schedule for the pay period.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Dominic P.</span>
Dominic P.

"Functional "

What do you like best?

It allows for timekeeping tracking in 2 different ways. I like to be able to save my time or time off ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

IT can be confusing if you do not know where to go. I do not like the way the pay periods are shown. It would be easier if you saw the whole month.

It has enhanced our timekeeping for hourly employees. It allows for faster clockin and lunch breaks.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Raluca F.</span>
Raluca F.

"Least user friendly scheduling software"

What do you like best?

I can easily see multiple employee schedules together, payroll function is good. It has an app.

What do you dislike?

Not one of our employees likes it. It is not user friendly. Can not change availability, can only work 3 weeks in advance. Somehow they’ve managed to make putting in requests more difficult than in needs to be. The platform doesn’t show the entire day on the employee side. The app has limited capabilities

Employee scheduling and payroll

Workforce Ready review by Administrator

"Kronos - Temple University"

What do you like best?

I like that the employees get to use a time clock or their computer to clock in. You get to see the time off balance

What do you dislike?

It freezes up sometime where employees think they clocked in but didn't clock in and then I have to revise their time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a big staff and people that work different departments, this is the best solution.

Instead of employees asking me how much time they have, they can check themselves.

Workforce Ready review by User

"Easy to see and alter staff schedules "

What do you like best?

The convenience of this product is outstanding. It connects to our time clocks and we can alter the staff entering and exit times during review.

What do you dislike?

The system uses conditonal coloring to show when someone is too early or too late but it has green and red and I can’t quite figure out the difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for a large and expansive workforce. For a smaller and concentrated workforce I don’t think this would be useful. It wouldn’t hurt, but it’s almost overkill.

Clocking in and out for high volumes of staff. It’s great to be able to choose which staff can see who’s profile in a hierarchy business model.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"User friendly program, not many bells & whistles "

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly, and customer support has been professional and helpful on the few occasions I’ve had to contact them.

What do you dislike?

Would be helpful for the program to have more features. As an example, once I have entered in employees schedules, I need it to print on their actual timesheet, and it doesn’t have the capability to do that. Also creating reports without customer support is challenging.

The employee self service portal has been fantastic.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Many great features difficult to trouble shoot"

What do you like best?

WFR is flexible and can do many things. This allows employees to manage the information they need.

What do you dislike?

Timely support is difficult to obtain. The system does not always perform the way we tried to set it up. We allows have multiple cases open with support and they take days, weeks to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and set it up correctly. Don't let Kronos rush the implementation.

It allows our employees to see more information. Managing time off is so much better with WFR.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Ashley K.</span>
Ashley K.

"Kronos is one of the best softwares out there for time tracking"

What do you like best?

Coming straight out of college and into the "real world" I never knew about the "7 minute rule"- literally saved my life COUNTLESS times if I ever was running late.

What do you dislike?

That one time you are really late, your 7:38 clock in turns into 7:45... Making you have to stay later when it is time to go home.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what time you are clocking in, it can be very tricky to a newbie!

Time management. It really does help out A LOT.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Chris A.</span>
Chris A.

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

Software is very responsive, rarely has any technical issues.

What do you dislike?

UI could use some work, helpful data for employees is hard to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conduct in-depth training with end users. Keeping track of accrual figures can be daunting,

Easy and responsive timekeeping

Workforce Ready review by <span>Katrin K.</span>
Katrin K.

"Payroll management with Kronos"

What do you like best?

We just received an update to Kronos this year, the UI now looks much more updated, easier to use. There are now better options to create reports on employee timecards, it's easier to see if an employees timecard is correct and ready for payroll processing.

What do you dislike?

On lower half of the screen, there's only very little space to show accruals, etc. - You have to scroll in a tiny field to see accruals.

time tracking, workforce management, payroll (through HR service center)

Workforce Ready review by <span>Crystal B.</span>
Crystal B.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly application. Navigation is really easy and after playing around a bit you'll have it down .

What do you dislike?

The system sometimes goes out and you heave to wait for it to come back up. The down time can cause you to miss needed timecard punches

This program had helped with getting asp of my worked hours. It has also made it easy to keep up with used and available vacation time.

"Kronos Mobile Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use - you don’t need to hunt around to find things on the mobile app. Very easy for leaders to manage time and schedules.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could change the views to view hours calculations - you get a weekly or pay period running total. I’d like to see daily total hours worked.

It allows our non-exempt workforce to track their hours on the mobile devices. It’s real time and connects to all our integrated systems.

Workforce Ready review by <span>Kimberly W.</span>
Kimberly W.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Since I have been using this for over five years, I cannot remember what it was like to be a new user of Kronos. However, if I wasn't sure where to go once I landed on the homepage, it might be confusing.

What do you dislike?

The homepage looks rather cluttered and could be confusing for a new hire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer an info video when Kronos is updated. Make it concise and to the point, but informative enough.

I work off site and Kronos is an easy way to log my hours.

Workforce Ready review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Makes my job easy!"

What do you like best?

Kronos workforce ready allows me to be organized and get through my job tasks fast. Its easy to use and such a helpful tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I really dislike, everything has been so far so good with using this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent program and highly recommend using!

The benefits is that we get payroll done very fast. It makes tasks and organizing very easy as its all in the software.

Workforce Ready review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Easy to use system"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of access and convenience

What do you dislike?

When the application does not work and makes the employees feel like the whole system is crashing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great system that makes you ready to develop and move forward in your company!

Easier way for employees to clock in, and ease of HR benefits and payroll. Everything we have is at a touch of a button verses paper and pencil.