LanSchool

LanSchool allows teachers to remove distractions, such as the Internet, instant messaging, email, and games from the classroom.

Work for LanSchool?
Edsby  classroom  2x

Learning about LanSchool?

LanSchool Reviews

Showing 15 LanSchool reviews
LanSchool review by <span>Kurtis W.</span>
Kurtis W.

LanSchool Creates Authority in the Classroom

What do you like best?

This is a simple way to monitor my students in the classroom and keep them off of games and on the assignment/task at-hand. It is an easy time-management tool that simply lets a student know they are off-task and need to implement better time-management tools in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part is that some teachers, including myself, will forget to sign-off of LanSchool when students head to another class. Therefore, it can be disruptive for the learning process and students absolutely will not concentrate if they know another teacher is "watching them." We had a lot of glitches with our Lenovo Think Pad laptops last year and even this year. I simply quit using the system at the end of the year. At the beginning of the year it was effective, but it also took over two months for the software to work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy for monitoring, however there are some glitches.

At this time, our school district is simply using the device as a monitoring tool and we have not promoted any business practices. However, the benefits for students are great for decreasing procrastination in the classroom and focus. I believe one of the big characteristics of school work that students have lost is focus with technology and at least LanSchool allows this practice to take place and prospers growth in this area.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LanSchool
LanSchool review by <span>Dianna W.</span>
Dianna W.

LanSchool for classroom management

What do you like best?

I like that LanSchool allows me to monitor students, assist students, control what sites students go on, computers off and on, send a link to every computer, send messages to students, show students my screen on their computer, show another student's screen to other students, and other features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is sometimes slow across the network, but this could be from having 170 or more students on the computers each day. I also wish that when the students screen is all computer that I could control their computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the lite version first. It will give you an opportunity to see what options are possible. After time, you will want to use other features.

I am able to work with more students in less time. There are a lot of options that are available that I do not use because I have other methods, but it will allow for students to take quizzes in addition to many other options. LanSchool continues to look into what they can add and change to make it better. I have not contacted support often, but they were quick and very helpful. I added a second monitor to my computer so that I can have Lanschool open while working on another site. This allows me to monitor students, but also be productive. When teaching a class, this is one of my favorite applications that I would not want to live without.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

LanSchool review by <span>Jessica T.</span>
Jessica T.

Monitoring with potential.

What do you like best?

I really appreciate that LanSchool allows me to get a general view of what is happening on the computers of each of my students while working with one student or grading at my desk, rather than having to walk the room constantly.

What do you dislike?

My students use Chromebooks and I do not like that LanSchool is not yet to a point where teacher control is possible for Chromebooks. In the past I have used LanSchool with desktop PCs and enjoyed the ability to push out certain websites or programs to all the computers at once, This saved me a lot of time and energy when working with my first graders!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program when using desktop computers. I hope that they will continue to make changes that allow all features to be used with Chromebooks, since so many schools are turning to 1-1 device use in the classroom.

It's nice to feel like I can monitor student work and activity from one location. When students are working independently on their Chromebooks I like to use that quiet time to reteach single students or small groups and assess different skills. If I had to be wandering the room to monitor, I wouldn't be able to multi-task in this way.

LanSchool review by <span>Karee S.</span>
Karee S.

Lanschool in a STEM classroom

What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to control my students computers for many various reasons - to show them my screen, to send them a message, to control their computers and run files, show their work on their computer to the class, etc. The time it saves me every day and the management it provides in my classroom is so valuable!

What do you dislike?

I feel like it freezes or I have to re-run/end the task often. Sometimes when I "Control all" computers it doesn't always work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the various uses of it to use it meaningfully and to its best potential!

It provides us with a much needed system as all students have computers at their desks. It creates a great, focused, non-distracting environment for our students.

LanSchool review by <span>Katie M.</span>
Katie M.

Fight against gaming

What do you like best?

LanSchool is a great tool for teachers whose students are on computers. My classroom is 1:1 so it is difficult to see every screen at once. LanSchool allows me to block websites, apps, etc. Students stay on task better without the distraction of an open internet.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit complicated, and it is confusing to set up class rosters. It takes some time to get used to it, but with some guidance, it becomes easy to use.

LanSchool review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

LOVE LanSchool

What do you like best?

I like that I can monitor what students are doing in my computer lab. I also like that I can use the demo mode and show my screen on my students' screens. Sometimes I also put one student's screen up on the projector screen and they can demonstrate tasks too. There are a ton of features that I am not using, but it is an amazing tool for my technology classroom.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes computers disconnect from LanSchool... that might be a network issue though. When this happens, IT needs to come down and reconnect it.

Monitoring students

Learning about LanSchool?

* We monitor all LanSchool reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.