Laravel

Showing 34 Laravel reviews
Laravel review by <span>Ivan V.</span>
Ivan V.

Laravel Framework

What do you like best?

Laravel is an amazing framework. You can build whatever you want with it, following the MVC pattern.

It is very oganized and it brings many tools to the development. It's really comfortable to develop with Laravel, since the folders and sources are easy to see and easy to interact with. You have the options right in the corner and it comes with a pre-configuration that works. The most fun thing to do are the routes, you can configure them from zero. Controllers are awesome and seeding is as well.

I built a eCommerce Web app, where you can buy your products, add more products, delete them. Basic CRUD functionallity. I used the framework Bootstrap with it as well and it went perfectly well. And I also added the Paypal API to ensure that you can make the payment.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike Laravel. It has really powerful tools for building up bulky web applications that can be perfectly handled.

Also, Laravel is being used with Vue.js and it's very good to give an eye to it. It's really worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We all should learn how to develop software. This is a great step, it's not that hard to start using Laravel and the benefits it brings are HUGE!

I've benefits from my Laravel eCommerce Web App, it really helped me to build a strong knowledge of MVC Patterns and design. The model, view and controller parts were the most interesting because this is how the pattern works. You start from scracth and you have you build a really big application where this three elements must have relationship, so it was a really aweoms experience with many benefits, now I can build more applications like that and learn more about it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Laravel
Laravel review by <span>Angela M.</span>
Angela M.

The best PHP Framework on the market

What do you like best?

Laravel is one of the best PHP Frameworks on the market. It helps us to improve our code quality, prevent shortcuts and we can also deliver products in a shorter time. There are also a lot of 3rd party composer packages that will help you to connect to 3rd party services. The learning curve is also very short.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it might be a little-bit complex to set it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a PHP Framework, don't hesitate to select Laravel. It's easy to install, easy to code and the learning curve is very short!

We develop in-house CRM systems with Laravel. Composer helped us to save a lot of human resources because we were able to utilize many 3rd party packages to certain APIs'.

What PHP Web Frameworks solution do you use?

Laravel review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

Laravel for High performance analytics

What do you like best?

My team and I have worked on an SEM/SEO analytics application for the past 6+ years and it started out as a vanilla PHP application. It later evolved into a Codeigniter app, and in the past year and a half we re-wrote it using Laravel. The Laravel re-write was actually a joy because the framework takes care of so much of the legwork. Using things like Eloquent, the Schema Builder, and Blade templates make mundane tasks quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a whole lot to dislike about the framework, honestly. If I am forced to say something is that sometimes the authors change the directory layout and it's not always easy to deal with. That being said, I've never not been able to upgrade within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. It is easy to hit the ground running with.

We solve the same business problems that many people face: Create features and continue to support existing features with a limited team size. Laravel helps us manage a good balance because the framework takes handles so much of the heavy lifting for us.

Laravel review by <span>Leslie M.</span>
Leslie M.

Perfect platform

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple way this framework has been put together and how it allows you to be so creative. It really has revolutionized the PHP framework.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much I don't like. The hardest thing is getting used to how this framework is set up in comparison to legacy frameworks like Code Igniter, Cake and Zend.

I have used Laravel to create business solutions at my current company and in the past. It is great for building standalone data API systems. Perfect for building websites, has an amazing data model and is expandable beyond your imagination. I have personally set up a single Laravel application to run scalable across 12 Amazon EC2's with Mongo running for user data tied to other services and an RDS cluster for Oauth connections.

Laravel review by <span>Rohan K.</span>
Rohan K.

Awesome flexible framework with all

What do you like best?

I have used this framework for e-Commerce, Social networking and CMS websites. Everywhere it supported as required.

What do you dislike?

in some situation we need to run the project without artisan. So for this we need to tweak it to work without artisan. But after this, during writing code, URL::asset() doesn't point to public, then we use direct path like '/public/css/style.css'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used laravel from big to small level of projects. like e-commerce, Social networking site, CMS, etc.

e-commerce, CMS, Social Networking site

Laravel review by <span>Денис .</span>
Денис .

Laravel - is that framework, which i recommend for production systems!

What do you like best?

Why Laravel?

At first that framework very compact, flexible and easy to use, if i did't need all features of Laravel i can use Lumen - micro framework based on laravel.

When i use IOC i can change the most default services of framework!

Ususally i choose my own auth module and all what i need to do - just load my module as is and change 1 string in configuration file, it's awesome!

All modules in laravel is stable, flexible and easy to use and rewrite.

Laravel have a huge community in all countries. I'm from Almty/Khazakstan and in my small town we have laravel community! We share own libraries, experience and projects.

What do you dislike?

I have some troubles with elexir - i think need more maluals for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first read the docs and subscribe to laracasts.

Learn MVC and IOC design patterns that can help you at start.

Create git repository and easy progect for experiments!

If you want more - try explore Illuminate source code! It contains a lot of contracts and best practices wich you can use in your own app.

Explore hexagonal (Oninon) architecture - use domain logic and application layers - thats make your code stable and flexible!

And at end learn open-source laravel projects like October CMS

My first laravel project was user mail subscribe system, it based on laravel4. That system work whithout troubles about two years!

My second project - web traffic arbitration system it in develope now.

And third project - backed system for self-hosted CRM based on OracleSql with Delphi desctop clients and web clients. It based on Lumen.

Learning about Laravel?

* We monitor all Laravel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.