Laravel

Work for Laravel?

Learning about Laravel?

Laravel Reviews

Showing 39 Laravel reviews
Laravel review by Ivan V.
Ivan V.

"Laravel Framework"

What do you like best?

Laravel is an amazing framework. You can build whatever you want with it, following the MVC pattern.

It is very oganized and it brings many tools to the development. It's really comfortable to develop with Laravel, since the folders and sources are easy to see and easy to interact with. You have the options right in the corner and it comes with a pre-configuration that works. The most fun thing to do are the routes, you can configure them from zero. Controllers are awesome and seeding is as well.

I built a eCommerce Web app, where you can buy your products, add more products, delete them. Basic CRUD functionallity. I used the framework Bootstrap with it as well and it went perfectly well. And I also added the Paypal API to ensure that you can make the payment.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike Laravel. It has really powerful tools for building up bulky web applications that can be perfectly handled.

Also, Laravel is being used with Vue.js and it's very good to give an eye to it. It's really worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We all should learn how to develop software. This is a great step, it's not that hard to start using Laravel and the benefits it brings are HUGE!

I've benefits from my Laravel eCommerce Web App, it really helped me to build a strong knowledge of MVC Patterns and design. The model, view and controller parts were the most interesting because this is how the pattern works. You start from scracth and you have you build a really big application where this three elements must have relationship, so it was a really aweoms experience with many benefits, now I can build more applications like that and learn more about it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Laravel
Laravel review by Vanesa F.
Vanesa F.

"Laravel, simplicity, flexibility and hardiness."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Laravel is that promotes clean design and fast application development. The model is component-based, and event-oriented programming. It helps guarantee simplicity, flexibility and hardines.

The CRUD generation is really helpful and tim saving, giving the name of the database table and the model with all the attributes is created. Also one point to Laravel is that this framework has good and extensive documentation especially on the official site.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked the most about Laravel or the weak point about is the fact that learning Yii requires quite enough knowledge about PHP language Sometimes it gets boring and difficult for the beginners to learn from it.

Also, Laravel’s core files are all within (at least) the Laravel namespace and not all of the files in core use a namespace slash ( a \ ) in front of a call to another core file, which makes extending some classes a bit trickier. This is not a huge issue and one not every developer will need to worry about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have free time or and side project, use Laravel and give a try to learn. You and your develop team will love the clean and easy of use, aslo a good time saving for all the company.

Using Laravel as a framework will save you a lot of time creating new models, creating CRUD actions in simple steps, all combined with component-based and event-oriented programming, helping to ensure an extremely efficient, extensible and maintainable end product.

What PHP Web Frameworks solution do you use?

Laravel review by Angela M.
Angela M.

"The best PHP Framework on the market"

What do you like best?

Laravel is one of the best PHP Frameworks on the market. It helps us to improve our code quality, prevent shortcuts and we can also deliver products in a shorter time. There are also a lot of 3rd party composer packages that will help you to connect to 3rd party services. The learning curve is also very short.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it might be a little-bit complex to set it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a PHP Framework, don't hesitate to select Laravel. It's easy to install, easy to code and the learning curve is very short!

We develop in-house CRM systems with Laravel. Composer helped us to save a lot of human resources because we were able to utilize many 3rd party packages to certain APIs'.

Laravel review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Laravel for High performance analytics"

What do you like best?

My team and I have worked on an SEM/SEO analytics application for the past 6+ years and it started out as a vanilla PHP application. It later evolved into a Codeigniter app, and in the past year and a half we re-wrote it using Laravel. The Laravel re-write was actually a joy because the framework takes care of so much of the legwork. Using things like Eloquent, the Schema Builder, and Blade templates make mundane tasks quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a whole lot to dislike about the framework, honestly. If I am forced to say something is that sometimes the authors change the directory layout and it's not always easy to deal with. That being said, I've never not been able to upgrade within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. It is easy to hit the ground running with.

We solve the same business problems that many people face: Create features and continue to support existing features with a limited team size. Laravel helps us manage a good balance because the framework takes handles so much of the heavy lifting for us.

Laravel review by Kamil C.
Kamil C.

"The best PHP framework"

What do you like best?

Almost everything. It's easy to use, continuously updated, uses the newest technology like PHP 7.2 and continues to improve over time.

What do you dislike?

When they make a new version (4, 5 and the next coming - 6) so many things changes that you have to wait a lot of time to all the packages to be updated.

Stable framework with authentication, SQL drivers and a lot of functionalities that makes creating and app a breeze.

Laravel review by Leslie M.
Leslie M.

"Perfect platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple way this framework has been put together and how it allows you to be so creative. It really has revolutionized the PHP framework.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much I don't like. The hardest thing is getting used to how this framework is set up in comparison to legacy frameworks like Code Igniter, Cake and Zend.

I have used Laravel to create business solutions at my current company and in the past. It is great for building standalone data API systems. Perfect for building websites, has an amazing data model and is expandable beyond your imagination. I have personally set up a single Laravel application to run scalable across 12 Amazon EC2's with Mongo running for user data tied to other services and an RDS cluster for Oauth connections.

Laravel review by Rohan K.
Rohan K.

"Awesome flexible framework with all "

What do you like best?

I have used this framework for e-Commerce, Social networking and CMS websites. Everywhere it supported as required.

What do you dislike?

in some situation we need to run the project without artisan. So for this we need to tweak it to work without artisan. But after this, during writing code, URL::asset() doesn't point to public, then we use direct path like '/public/css/style.css'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used laravel from big to small level of projects. like e-commerce, Social networking site, CMS, etc.

e-commerce, CMS, Social Networking site

Laravel review by Денис .
Денис .

"Laravel - is that framework, which i recommend for production systems!"

What do you like best?

Why Laravel?

At first that framework very compact, flexible and easy to use, if i did't need all features of Laravel i can use Lumen - micro framework based on laravel.

When i use IOC i can change the most default services of framework!

Ususally i choose my own auth module and all what i need to do - just load my module as is and change 1 string in configuration file, it's awesome!

All modules in laravel is stable, flexible and easy to use and rewrite.

Laravel have a huge community in all countries. I'm from Almty/Khazakstan and in my small town we have laravel community! We share own libraries, experience and projects.

What do you dislike?

I have some troubles with elexir - i think need more maluals for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first read the docs and subscribe to laracasts.

Learn MVC and IOC design patterns that can help you at start.

Create git repository and easy progect for experiments!

If you want more - try explore Illuminate source code! It contains a lot of contracts and best practices wich you can use in your own app.

Explore hexagonal (Oninon) architecture - use domain logic and application layers - thats make your code stable and flexible!

And at end learn open-source laravel projects like October CMS

My first laravel project was user mail subscribe system, it based on laravel4. That system work whithout troubles about two years!

My second project - web traffic arbitration system it in develope now.

And third project - backed system for self-hosted CRM based on OracleSql with Delphi desctop clients and web clients. It based on Lumen.

Laravel review by Abed H.
Abed H.

"The PHP SwissKnife of the 21st century, expressive yet compact, satisfies all PHP developers levels"

What do you like best?

Here are five facts that I likes most about Laravel:

- The expressiveness that it provides with its naming conventions. i.e. you create a user with User::create(['name' => 'Abed Halawi'])

- Dependency injection that adds invaluable power to your application's architecture

- Decoupling at its best, every piece handles its responsibility and only that, packages everything

- Built for performant and scalable applications

- Provides easy integration with major, commonly used 3rd party services

What do you dislike?

Being a maintainer of many Laravel-compatible packages, the breaking changes they sometimes provide with their updates adds a bit of a maintenance overhead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time in understanding how things really work in Laravel, it will warm up your mind about wonderful design patterns that might be very helpful to you in the future, regardless of whether it is inside Laravel or outside.

Working as a team is never easy when there are no guidelines to set the line for coding, especially that coding is much of a subjective act. When there's a framework that draws the line and provides structure to your application it will always be contained by these boundaries that helps keeping it together.

Laravel review by Gökhan E.
Gökhan E.

"Laravel powered me up!"

What do you like best?

I have used laravel for my senior year project and for operational dashboard for my part time job. It does very well job. I have used php artisan with it and mysql migrations are so useful. Laravel eloquent ORM is also very useful for database transactions

What do you dislike?

I have used Laravel 4.2 and it updated so quickly and changed the syntax so much in 5.x. With 5.x the documentation has changed so much so the developers should read and need to focus on updating the existing code and it is painful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Laravel 4.2 and it did really great job. I recommend people who wants to learn php framework should start with laravel without any doubt. Learning framework with laravel will save you a lot of time and makes you understand how the framework especially ORM and MVC works well.

Operational Dashboard did very well job and it has great functionality. Also the newcomer programmers can easily learn the code easily thanks to laravel.

Laravel review by Rahul C.
Rahul C.

"Laravel - Lifeline of any php based website."

What do you like best?

I have been using laravel for over a year now, boy do I thank the day I chose it over other frameworks in market. I remember having doubts between laravel and codeigniter, and saw a few reviews and decided to go with laravel.

Let me summarize laravel in one word for you. AWESOME.

The thing that I like best about this framework is its elegance to load the developer with all tools, but at the same time does not boggle you down with unnecessary code. It is constantly in development, have a strong community support.

In my opinion, laravel brought back the dying php back to life. Even when compared with other frameworks, the response time is faster.

I love IOC container of laravel, and their QueryBuilder class is the best. Validation is a breeze, and all of this is FREE.

If you need something to build a website, 90% probability, laravel provides it in a clean and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

Okay, what do I dislike about laravel? This is tough because I am "go-laravel", and so I don't have much to complain about. I would however like to see "nosql" support out of the box, and would also like the socialite plugin to integrate with more oauth providers. Their redis driver uses predis, but in my opinion php-redis would be much faster because that is a binary protocol. Laravel didnt go with php-redis because it was a hassle to install it and stuff I guess. I hope they go with php-redis one day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Laravel is an advanced framework for web developers. The devs are supposed to know a fair bit of things to work on this level, like IOC, injections, etc. There are many ways to code in laravel, and soon things can become cluttered. So don't expect magic from laravel. You still have to understand what good code should look like.

In terms of learning curve, first start with a small app, and then work your way through. Don't just go straight to coding on all fronts. E.g. if you don't need to know queues, don't read queue in the beginning. Read when you have to implement it.

One thing that I faced (because I was a novice a year ago) was to re-do my code. I deleted and restarted my project 13 times, and must have deleted atleast 100K lines of code, before I actually got the hang of beautiful coding. Many a times I found to do things the right way in laravel, and hence had to redo my code. But its just part of the learning curve.

My website allows users to distribute digital products to their customers. Laravel helped me easily do:

1. Session management.

2. Authentication.

3. Basic security protection like SQL injection, CSRF.

4. There is so much more little stuff that I cannot list here.

All in all, I would say that this framework in my opinion is the most well written framework I have seen in my life. I am sticking with PHP just because of laravel. Other frameworks could learn many things from Taylor.

Laravel review by Fernando R.
Fernando R.

"Like a ring to the finger"

What do you like best?

The extreme ease of use, versatility and power are the most descriptive qualities of Laravel. The ease with which third-party applications can be integrated is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, Laravel has little room for improvement. I consider it a perfect product in the Backend world.

Sending emails, queuing, file management, translations, etc. It is a product that has EVERYTHING.

Laravel review by António P.
António P.

"A Framework that revitalized PHP"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and the organic way it is organized. Writing code with Laravel is like writing poetry.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike in my opinion.

Improving our development workflow and speed. We more than doubled our performance without any sacrifice on quality, in fact Laravel helped us create better products by focusing on the product rather than the framework.

Laravel review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Ruby on Rails without needless complexity"

What do you like best?

Robust framework that allows encapsulation and robust data access in very easy to read and maintain approach that solves 85% of all the needs of a modern backend PHP solution.

What do you dislike?

Previous versions were not quite complete, as of version 5.x everything needed. If coded using super eloquent approaches can be a tad of a performance hit. Always a trade off from ease of development to overall performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation and look for plus and minuses vs ruby on rails and make up your own mind.

Large complex customer engagement platform that includes SAP HANA, IBM Watson and scales to millions of users.

Laravel review by Vishwas R.
Vishwas R.

"Good PHP framework"

What do you like best?

Laravel is Free, opensource framework that is written in php.. it offer easy php extension installation.. More over it is easy for someone who has worked with MVC architecture, as it also follows MVC architecture.

What do you dislike?

The installation is quite timeconsuming and cumbersome for someone who don't have a prior experience with frameworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Laravel for to anyone. If it's a beginner, you find lot of resources on internet.

Web application are built rapidly using this framework. This framework offers many modern tools and is compatible to many modern technologies.

For me.. it is fun to build web application using this, we could build it in matter of some days.

Laravel review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Simply amazing"

What do you like best?

It is hard to choose one, but since there are so many "good" frameworks, Laravel's documentation stands out. Not only the description of each function, but the ease of use of the docs, examples and API is just amazing, it is a breeze the look up or refresh your mind.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit of a pain to update from various releases from version 4.2 to 5.1 for example, although it doesn't take more than 15-30 minutes that doesn't scale nicely if you have multiple projects you manage. But with the introduction of the LTS for version 5.1 it's less of a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further, it is a great product that came a long way since it's initial release. The documentation and community support are amazing.

Laravel is just perfect for small projects, startups or basic websites, by using a bootstrap theme or something similar you'd be able to finish a project within a week (including testing, deployment and writing everything from scratch). Now if you have parts left over from other projects or rely heavily on components provided by other Laravel developers you could be done with a minor project within several days if not one.

Also it is perfect for large projects, where ease of programming and code readability is key. Even though PHP has competition from python (django) and ruby, with PHP 7 you can definitely get that speed boost.

Laravel review by Joseph K.
Joseph K.

"Great framework for any size web application!"

What do you like best?

I love the active, friendly, and helpful community that is built around Laravel. The framework itself has excellent documentation and is intuitive to use. With awesome sites such as Laracasts, I've been able to leverage even more of the features that Laravel provides out of the box on small and medium web applications and sites.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the dev environment on Windows in order to use Laravel was a little tedious. I blame this mostly on Windows however and not Laravel. Once I had things up and running everything has continued to run smoothly. That said, I still prefer to develop on Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to get an idea of the potential of Laravel you should start by checking laravel.com to read up on what the framework is; laracasts.com for awesome video tutorials and laravel.io for community support and to keep up with the latest in the community. If you are curious as to what the demand for Laravel developers looks like at the moment, you should also consider checking out larajobs.com

Laravel has allowed me to quickly get a web application backend and even front-end up and running. Since the release of Lumen, a more bare-bones version of Laravel, I have found the backend that serves all my needs.

I have used Laravel to build an inventory management system, order tracking and fulfilment system, a student note taking application and dynamic websites.

Laravel review by Winter F.
Winter F.

"Cuts down on development time"

What do you like best?

Laravel provides a great framework for building a application on top of. Once a developer is over the learning curve it makes it easy and quick to develop new features that are easy to manage. The development process makes it so that bug fixes are quick and easy to track down and fix.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve that can cause newer developers to write code that is harder then needed to manage. There are some small things that can be irritating as a developer but none of the problems we have run across have been anything close to a show stopper.

Laravel has cut down on feature development and deployment time, it has cut the number of bugs we get and cut down on the amount of time it takes to fix each bug and on top of that Laravel has increased the performance of our site. Because of the cut in development time, bug fix time and overall performance our users are happier and because of new features being released sooner and bugs being fixed quicker the developers and staff are happier.

Laravel review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Enjoy your code again"

What do you like best?

Taylor Otwell, et al, have and continue to put an enormous amount of effort into creating a flexible and easy to use framework. Each release strives to add additional, useful features and listen to what the community is saying about PHP and architectural standards that are popular among developers. The artisan console also makes prototyping rapid fast.

Everything from naming conventions to consistent comment formatting is really icing on the cake for the only PHP framework I have used for years.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to find something I don't like about the framework. The best thing about Laravel, is that all of the pain points in other php frameworks are easier and standardized here. That being said, if you haven't used any other PHP frameworks you won't be able to grasp how beautiful this framework is. It is definitely beneficial to have worked with other frameworks before

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look through the docs page by page. They are well written and really help you understand the architecture behind what you are building.

Laravel functions great as a simple REST API and a fullblown Saas back-end. We have used it on a wide range of project needs. It also our go to for rapid-prototyping. We can get the basics for a decent sized app setup in less than a day.

Laravel review by Facundo E. G.
Facundo E. G.

"It just makes developing web apps a breeze"

What do you like best?

It contemplates many common programming use cases, and solves them in an elegant way.

Excellent, thorough documentation, filled with examples.

Amazing ecosystem, most commonly used framework for PHP, lots of packages, regular bugfixes and versions.

Expressive API, reading code written with Laravel is the closest you will find to true english language.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, but gets the job done and is so fast for writing programs that you can easily put your money on the servers instead of hiring more developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you love writing expressive, succint and beautiful code, switch right now to Laravel!

Rapid Application Development, generating prototypes quickly, fast developing of web applications with easy maintanability and beautiful syntax.

Laravel review by Gregory C.
Gregory C.

"Laravel Laravel Laravel"

What do you like best?

I love Laravels IOC, in fact the entire architecture of Laravel and the way you can use the majority its components standalone is amazing. The use of Migrations is a must - would recommend to any developer trying to create a sane db schema and be able to "version"/update it with ease and get other devs up and running without have to take sql dumps etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact you require an external package for additional artisan generate commands... bring this into the core already

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend checking out the superb official documentation aswell as laracasts for any additional tutorials. Laracasts covers from the basics to the more complex scenarios - all of the backend work levaraging Laravel with much ease.

I have created a number of solutions on the Laravel framework ranging from VMS to Fantasy Sports Games all with much pleasure and ease...

Laravel review by Vitaliy S.
Vitaliy S.

"Usage of Laravel"

What do you like best?

* rapid application development concept, fast start, easy to use

* suntax sugar

* nice architecture with complex things hidden behind simplicity

* nice routing

What do you dislike?

* Database Query builder. Doctrine DBAL is more flexible & elegant.

* Blate templating (it's based on regexp!). But nice that it's possible to use native php templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use laravel for small / middle applications.

For complex enterprice software I would reccomend to use Doctrine instead of Eloquent.

Affiliate programs software development.

Biggest benefit of Laravel -- it's simple to use & easy to start.

Laravel review by Roman G.
Roman G.

"Laravel in modern frameworks world"

What do you like best?

Laravel is a best framework written on php in my opinion. It took many cool features from Ruby on Rails, doesn't require many time to start work with, and have a good readable code in result.

What do you dislike?

It's only 1 thing, stopping me to use Laravel - its written on php, in my opinion php is not good language to start project in 2016.

I'm freelancer, so I used it for different applications, also i worked with it on my own projects, but now i'm moved to ruby/js

Laravel review by Dawid T.
Dawid T.

"Laravel a solid PHP framework"

What do you like best?

There are a few reasons I started using Laravel The first one was a clean and simple API which support the most important principle in programming DRY (don't repeat yourself). Another point was great documentation which lets you start quickly and guides you step by step. The last but not least was testability.

What do you dislike?

In my experience working with junior developers I have noticed one drawback which can impact others as well. Laravel has been implemented with many great design patterns. Those design patterns make Laravel extremely flexible and allow to use many other features. On the other hand, for young developers who don't have enough experience it requires more time for development.

Great support is the main problem Laravel solves for my business.

Laravel review by Js L.
Js L.

"The best PHP framework"

What do you like best?

It's easy to learn & use. When I first use it, I catch it up within a week. The Eloquent ORM work the best, easy to construct query and setup for relationship between models.

It consists of many preset validations for request input. It has large community, and easy to find solution online.

What do you dislike?

I'm very satisfied with it. So far I used it for all my PHP projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Laravel is the best framework I had ever used. I've tried CodeIgniter, Zend Framework, Zend Framework 2, Symfony, now I stick to Laravel, as it has complete features that a basic web framework need. You won't be regret after use.

Web development for cloud base system.

Laravel review by Amit G.
Amit G.

"Laravel is good PHP framework"

What do you like best?

When I use Laravel I see the response is very fast.

Database can be handle easily with it.

It's templating engine blade is very good.

Addons can be installed easily as per requirement.

What do you dislike?

Some time it become complicate if we have to create some query.

I was unable to host my site in godaddy due to not availability of PHP version recommended for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good framework to quick development.

Performance is very good. Secure from SQL injection, XSS etc.

I have developed carpooling(http://www.sameroute.in) site with it. I have created Australian lions club site. Which can be managed by their City/State level authorities.

Any website can be developed with the help of laravel quickly.

Laravel review by Niels F.
Niels F.

"Laravel - takes the pain away from PHP."

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Laravel, is that it allows you to focus on your application. Normally you have to set up this, and then that, but with Laravel, it's really just a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. But if there is anything, then it's that development of the Laravel framework is very fast, and that means that it can be kind of hard to stay up to date the with the framework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Laravel allows us to create more managable code.

Laravel review by Melifa G.
Melifa G.

"Very helpful for website development"

What do you like best?

I learn a lot and helped so much while developing website

What do you dislike?

So far as what I have experienced, I had nothing to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great framework to work with PHP, there are a lot of learning resources and forum

Any kind. It has saved my time in developing complex services/apps

Laravel review by Glenn P.
Glenn P.

"Elegant and powerful framework"

What do you like best?

simplicity and design. The fact that you almost talk human language when constructing code due to the wel chosen naming convention/schema throughout the product.

What do you dislike?

steep learning curve for custom projects. It's sometimes difficult to figure out how to start with it. For example, trying to create a map based application with openlayers.

webbased application design, we don't need to spend much time in sorting out character sets, cache etc.

Laravel review by PHITSANU C.
PHITSANU C.

"The best PHP framework ever."

What do you like best?

Clean code, easy to use its and implement your project faster

What do you dislike?

Some performances, documents and example for using Laravel

What business problems are you solving?

- Save the waste time for my team when coding with other hard code.

- Make my team better in a performance when use Laravel.

What benefits have you realized?

- Clean code

- Implement faster

- DRY code

Laravel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"One of the Best PHP Framework, it's committed to elegance and simplicity."

What do you like best?

Because it surely provides the best features a developer may need. Besides that Laravel has a great community. It has a great ecosystem so many product, packages, people are there to support Laravel.

What do you dislike?

The installation is quite time-consuming and cumbersome for someone who doesn't have a prior experience with frameworks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we have personally experienced the benefits of Laravel and strongly recommend it for web development (projects like CMS, Social Networking, E-commerce, Chatbots, Portfolios, etc)

Chatbots, E-commerce, Portfolios, Social Networking sites, Content Management System (CMS)

Laravel review by 岱 .
岱 .

"great"

What do you like best?

it has many features such as the paginate, and the it interacts with composer helps me manage the different vendros. So I can develop more faster with other peoples work.

What do you dislike?

I'm considering with the execute speed fo the laravel , due to many vendors that I have installed, it may slow down the framework that handle the php-fpm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm considering about the speed of executing php, so in some time I would change my API framework to Lumen and maintain the admin framework for Laravel

helps me develop the software more faster

Laravel review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I like the Laravel framework."

What do you like best?

I liked the migrations, db seeding, artisan tinker, routing, middleware, ORM, blade template, artisan commandline etc.

I liked most of all features of laravel, its effective, reliable and fun working on Laravel framework.

What do you dislike?

I cant exactly say what I disliked about Laravel because everything is nicely structured. But one thing what I disliked is the error display. Its little hard to understand all those internall framework errors or what they are.

Currently I'm woking on a project which is a Online Ticket Reservation System and I'm developing a mobile app through which users can reserve bus tickets. I'm making this over Restapi and I've used Laravel at api side and using Laravel I reallze Laravel is good to create Api structure and to work on big projects.

Laravel review by Bobby J.
Bobby J.

"RESTful FTW"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can scale an API in minutes and be off to the races

What do you dislike?

Updating to new versions is a real pain, creating a better migration path would be stellar.

We have been able to quickly scale large backends and because it's PHP there are tons of integrations.

Laravel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Laravel - A Great PHP Framework "

What do you like best?

The ability to architect a PHP application as a MVC app is made easy with laravel. Controllers and routing allow a well organized set of code.

What do you dislike?

Installation with composer can be difficult if you’re behind a firewall.

Laravel allows for better organization of code and code reuse.

Laravel review by Abel N.
Abel N.

"Very good framework to developer php sites"

What do you like best?

Segurity, documenta, fast developer and very good framework.

What do you dislike?

This frmaework need more potencial similar to symfony

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best option to developer in php

I am use in my job for developer webs and system admin

Laravel review by Pattanai K.
Pattanai K.

"Awesome Framework"

What do you like best?

Laravel is easy to set up, having a big community to support.

What do you dislike?

Poor performance, slowly sometimes, having a lot of nested level when debug with xdebug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Performance focus.

Laravel make the development faster.

Laravel review by Pradyumna C.
Pradyumna C.

"Developing on laravel since l4 , around 3-4 years now"

What do you like best?

Composer dependency management , CLI , Query builder.

What do you dislike?

For beginners it will be overwhelming.

From l5 they made tried to make the framework very lightweight by removing packages like forms and html from core.

It is very easy to get started once you know the framework. Resourceful controllers are awesome.

Laravel review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Great!"

What do you like best?

- I like this framework, as an one of many ealry adopter of modern php framework.

- Great documentation

- Great communities

- Huge resource of tutorial

What do you dislike?

- Slow

- Need to be optimize

- Huge size of libraries

Recommendations to others considering the product

Laravel is great for developing php based application. Laravel also encourage users to use good practice when developing web application.

- I mostly do finance & workflow application.

- Developing is faster and easier.

Learning about Laravel?

* We monitor all Laravel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.