LastPass

LastPass

LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Work for LastPass?

Learning about LastPass?

LastPass Reviews

Showing 414 LastPass reviews
LastPass review by <span>Sam O.</span>
Sam O.

"An absolute game-changer for the enterprise"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage shared folders and pushing passwords into our user's vaults. The AD integration is fantastic and makes management a breeze providing you have a well structured AD. The enterprise options with the CSV uploading of bulk accounts into the system is also great as it means we can set up a lot of new starters accounts for various systems at the same time and push their login information into their vaults so they are all ready for onboarding.

What do you dislike?

At times I have found that the system can be unreliable after an update has been released. It seems to not decrypt the vault properly. Also mobile experience is not great at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to set up your shared vaults and your structures properly before you go live as it will make things so much easier to manage. Use the AD connector tool to sync your users and groups in so that you can simply approve them as they are created in your environment. Be sure to set up policies for security so that your users can only use it how you would like them to use it. Only allow access to to view and administer vaults to users that need it so that passwords don't need to be changed when staff members leave the company.

Not having users asking constantly to reset passwords or what their account information is for particular systems

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LastPass
LastPass review by <span>Crystal S.</span>
Crystal S.

"As promised"

What do you like best?

This is a no nonsense program that does exactly what it says it will. It is accessible anywhere, anytime, but not by everyone. I have no concerns about the safety of delicate/secure data we have saved and love the decrease in headaches and time lost trying to remember passwords for various sites or agencies.

What do you dislike?

Sorting is more difficult than I'd like. Many of our sites don't automatically go to the folders they should and when you've got nearly 100 passwords it's annoying having to scroll past dozens of non-applicable sites to get to the one you need. Drag and drop functionality would be loved!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! You won't be disappointed and will be amazed at the time you save and the ease of dealing with paswords.

Some of the government sites we use require passwords to change every 30-60 days and have very complex guidelines. Last pass is an amazing tool that not only remembers and auto fills those passwords, but can generate qualifying ones as well. So it's a time saver, a frustration remover, and all around life saver...

What Password Manager solution do you use?

LastPass review by <span>Federico J.</span>
Federico J.

"Saves me a lot of time and frustration every single day"

What do you like best?

I work online all day and use a ton of apps and services during the day. If I had to remember my password for each one of those, I would have gone mad a long time ago.

LastPass stores all of my login credentials and helps me sign in to my online apps with just a couple of clicks, every time. I don't have to worry about remembering my passwords, keeping a text file with them (huge security issue!) or even typing my login credentials every time I want to log in somewhere.

I can also share credentials with other people (without them seeing my password). This helps immensely when you work with clients and need to log in to their services. They can simply install the LastPass extension and share their logins with you.

What do you dislike?

Lately I had to log out and in again from my LastPass account to receive and store credentials that are shared with me. This doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the Chrome extension and store the credentials to your the services you use regularly. You'll get a feeling of how much time you can save in just a few days using the tool.

Securely storing all of my online credentials. I can share credentials with others in a simple and secure way. Saves hours of time every month from logging in and out from online services.

LastPass review by <span>Diana A.</span>
Diana A.

"Great For Securely Sharing Passwords Across Different Teams/Departments"

What do you like best?

Able to customize share settings, making some private, others for specific team members, and others for anyone within the organization.

What do you dislike?

No as intuitive to use as some other integrations. It is easy to use it as a filing system for securely storing and sharing passwords but the more automated functions require a little more thought/set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great because you can securely store and share passwords, you just need to know your master login information. It also has helpful features to search for accounts, organize them by type of account, and have both your personal and professional account information all in one spot without sharing access with everyone in your organization (only the ones you want to share).

Instead of having a spreadsheet of passwords, this allows us to store them more securely and customize who gets access to which account information within the organization.

LastPass review by <span>Heather R.</span>
Heather R.

"Perfect for Business and Personal Use"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to be able to securely store all (personal and business) passwords in one location. I also like the Security Challenge. It lets you know when two sites have the same password, a password hasn't been changed in an extended period of time, or if the site has recently been breached. I have slowly been going through my passwords and switching them. I really like the password generator as well. You can generate a random password (super long) and you only need to be logged into LastPass and it'll insert the login information for you so you don't have to remember the passwords. This increases your data security.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is the iPhone app has the capability to use TouchID, but mine is hit or miss. A lot of times it will make me type in the password every time. It isn't a big deal, but I created a long password so It takes me a minute to type it in. Other than that, I don't have too many issues with it. It works like it should and I feel better about my data security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what LastPass can do, the cost is really minimal. It seems like more organizations are starting to offer it to their employees. It not only protects you as an individual, but the company as well. Whether you are considering it for yourself or your company, I would highly recommend looking into it. There is a free version so I would start there. It is easy to get hooked!

LastPass is helping to keep all of my data safe. It allows me have one less concern. It also makes it easier to keep track of both work and home passwords so I don't have to make them similar or write them down.

LastPass review by <span>Teresa K.</span>
Teresa K.

"Love this app!"

What do you like best?

Two things...I love that I only have to remember one password. I have hundreds of passwords as I do client work, and LastPass has made my business life so much easier! The second feature I love about LastPass is that it just works - all the time!

What do you dislike?

I find that sometimes LastPass doesn't work as well in Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't stress enough the importance of having strong passwords for everything you do. Allow yourself the peace of mind to have these strong passwords yet only have to remember one by using LastPass.

I am able to sign into client sites faster with LastPass, making the work I do for them faster and easier. I am also providing security to my clients by using LastPass and not storing passwords in emails, notebooks or phones. The benefit I've realized is that I can travel and never worry about forgetting a client password and this saves me so much time and worry.

LastPass review by <span>Abigail D.</span>
Abigail D.

"No need for handwritten password cheatsheets anymore"

What do you like best?

I used to have a very exhaustive list of usernames and passwords hidden beneath my keyboard -- obviously not the most effective (or secure) way to save this info. The worst was when I forgot to update the sheet to the most recent password; you'd get denied three times; your account would lock and then you're on hold with customer service for ten minutes trying to get in. With LastPass, you never need to write down another password again. You can rest assured knowing all your login info you handily and safely stored and accessible whenever (yes, even on your phone/tablet!) you need it. Brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (and it's rare), my vault will list the password for my LastPass login as the password for each site in my vault. It's a bizarre and rare occurrence but can be remedied if I back out of the window and try again.

My team and I take advantage of the sharing feature quite a bit. I also love that you can login to all your saved sites with one single click. The autofill feature does the rest. The secure notes feature is also super handy for storing things like important phone numbers.

LastPass review by <span>Brett W.</span>
Brett W.

"How did we survive without apps like LastPass?"

What do you like best?

Pre-lastpass, if one wanted to create a 'secure' password, you'd concoct some silly memorable phrase, using it over and over. And then someone in the Ukraine would figure it out and take over your digital life wholesale. Well, maybe just the figuring out part happened, but we know, thanks to the elevation of the former sysadmins to security officers, that passwords should never be reused, and the less memorable the better. Whereto now, then? Post-its in your desk drawer? That worked until your officemate found them and changed your tinder profile for the worse. Enter Lastpass, your one stop shopping solution to afford your digital self security and let you go wild creating accounts on every website you find. Just counted and I have 101 accounts stored in Lastpass. And I even clean up occasionally. Quite different than 101 post-its in my desk drawer.

What do you dislike?

Not their fault, but the wide variety HTML/javascript implementations of account creation and login forms on websites makes it difficult for th app to always know what to do. Easy workarounds exist though. Missing is a multi-folder sharing for premium users, pretty important with anyone seeking to share with a family member

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other solutions exist and best to evaluate, esp after documenting the use cases for the product

At work we improved staff security in a big way by onboarding them with the enterprise version, especially as their formerly terrible passwords (eg their dog's name and childs birthday) went by the wayside

LastPass review by <span>Brandon M.</span>
Brandon M.

"Lastpass for password management"

What do you like best?

I think these days it's pretty hard not to use a password manager with the abundance of accounts we have to keep up with. I like having everything in one central spot, and the ability to generate random text passwords. Being able to keep secure notes and credit card info is nice as well.

What do you dislike?

I guess the whole concept of a password manager is a security engineer's nightmare. Particularly those like LastPass that are hosted online by a 3rd party. If you feel like you cannot trust them to keep your information secure, you should probably look elsewhere. It leaves me sort of torn...It makes me more secure by helping me have different (and randomized) passwords for various accounts, but I know my data is sitting on someone else's servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are comfortable knowing your data is stored elsewhere. Research the competitors as there are some. Keep in mind to get the full functionality you will need to pay the monthly/annual subscription. Also note, they have family plans now.

I have the added benefit of being able to use the service on my mobile device as well. I see these features are starting to become baked into the phone operating systems now, but I still like the universal use I get out of LastPass.

LastPass review by <span>Kristi M.</span>
Kristi M.

"A secure place for all of your passwords"

What do you like best?

In the beginning, I was hesitant to use LastPass, however, it's turned out to be a very secure and safe way to share passwords. Working as an independent contractor, I often need access to client information. Whether it's access to their credit card for ordering or accessing email - LastPass is a really easy way to do it without having to share or give away your actual password. Last Pass allows you to store a multitude of secure information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it stops working and I have to clear out my cache which can be pretty annoying. Other times, I have had issues with sharing something but usually it resolves in a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use.

Secure environment to share passwords and access to sites without having to show or share with someone your actual password.

Sharing passwords in a secure manner without having to see others or allow others to see your passwords. Makes it really easy to share access to sites and credit cards in just minutes. Easy to sign up and learn.

LastPass review by <span>Shane O.</span>
Shane O.

"Don't try to remember all of your passwords ever again"

What do you like best?

LastPass makes it easy to not only store all of the passwords that you use online each day, but also to generate more secure passwords for added security. Too many times I've used passwords that weren't as secure or were easier to guess just for the sake of simplicity or so that they were easier to remember.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of using LastPass is that if you need to use a public computer to login to a favorite website, it isn't easy to remember/use the stored passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even when using the free version, you get plenty of great features. It's especially helpful to not have to worry about remembering or writing down passwords where someone could find them. The passwords generated don't use common words or phrases and you can easily adjust the generated passwords to match the requirements of the sites that you need to log in to. No longer will you need to remember which sites use special characters, uppercase, etc.

LastPass allows for a much more secure online login experience. By generating passwords that can't be easily guessed and storing those passwords for users so that they don't have to remember them, it allows you to focus on being productive.

LastPass review by <span>Madeline S.</span>
Madeline S.

"Best Option for the Price"

What do you like best?

I am a LastPass team administrator. I love that I can create one card with login credentials and share it with a team of people at once. I can also alter who in the team can view the password and who cannot. LastPass also allows me to update passwords and share them quickly with colleagues. From what i can tell it's the best password sharing tool for the price.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin? LastPass in general is slow. Everything takes twice as long as you think it would. If you are sharing passwords with others, the password does not always appear in their account right away. If you are using the chrome extension, you will definitely need to learn how to refresh the extension to make sure you have access to your passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Take your time when implementing*

If you are implementing LastPass for your entire team, give them a period of 1-2 weeks to become familiar with it before you make your full transition. We used LastPass and an additional password storing system for over a year until one day our Operations team decided to solely switch to LastPass. My company was not prepared for that large of a change at once and it created lots of issues.

LastPass allows my team to all have access to the same accounts without having to keep our passwords in a google sheet or written down on a piece of paper. It keeps everything secure and organized.

LastPass review by <span>Will W.</span>
Will W.

"This is essential if you have multiple site logins (and who doesn't?)"

What do you like best?

LastPass is one place to keep all my usernames and passwords. And I can access them from any device. Plus I can group my passwords by categories that I can create -- for business, personal, etc. Once I started using LastPass, I couldn't imagine my digital life without it. I used ProbForm previously, but prefer LastPass.

What do you dislike?

Some features just don't seem to always work as expected. Like when I click the Launch button to open a saved website and automatically log in, it doesn't always fill in the username and password. But I can still view my saved username and password and then copy/paste or just type it in. It also seems fussy about working consistently across different browsers.

The problem that LastPass solves is keeping track of all the logins that are needed in our current digital world. And having the ability to log in to any site where I have an account. It's one place to keep all my usernames and passwords. And I can access them from any device. Plus I can group my passwords by categories that I can create -- for business, personal, etc. I do worry about keeping all my passwords in one place (what if LastPass got hacked?!?), but until there is a better alternative, LastPass works for me.

LastPass review by <span>Jordan N.</span>
Jordan N.

"How did I live without it?"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that my passwords are securely stored in a central location. In addition to that, I can generate long passwords easily, and also use 2-factor authentication.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I didn't know about it sooner! No, but in all honesty, there is very little I dislike about it, if at all. The only thing that may need improvement would be more integration with mobile apps, but I do realize this isnt the fault of Lastpass, but rather the app developers themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lastpass is a wonderful tool to help streamline productivity as well as secure your passwords in a central location for many users to access. I highly recommend using the product with a 2-factor authentication device, such as Yubikey as well for added security.

I can securely store my passwords and generate secure passwords that I wouldnt be able to remember otherwise. It also is great way to store company credit card information without having to write it down on a piece of paper.

LastPass review by <span>Anshula C.</span>
Anshula C.

"Takes a lot of startup time, the UI isn't great, but it does the job"

What do you like best?

When Lastpass works, it just works. It also makes it possible to share groups of passwords (operation passwords, finance passwords, product, etc.) instantly with the right employees. The Security Challenge also helped us increase the company's online security in a semi-gamified way. It also saves time in our day-to-day work.

What do you dislike?

It took a ton of time spent setting up folders, organizing passwords, and doing the initial socializing with the team. The latter is because Lastpass does take a change in user behaviour. You have to remember to log into Lastpass, remember to save passwords in a clunky UI, and then remember to select the password when logging in. The UI is also not great, even with recent UI updates. Sometimes pages have downright childish fonts (big, red, bold, Calibri, static on the page) in place of error messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To get full use out of this product, invest time upfront. Research the use of folders as a way of sharing passwords, map folders to business functions, and then share passwords. This approach will let you share the right passwords with the right people simply.

When Lastpass is used right, it really begins to pay for itself. All staff have access to the write passwords without compromising security. Perhaps as important - You can take away access as easily. When new staff come on board, they easily get up to speed on our infrastructure - None of that time-wasting "Hey, do you have the login credentials to our video conferencing, product demo, etc.". UI upgrades make the whole thing a lot nicer to use, particularly when compared to a couple of years ago. Lastpass is now a product that can scale with our company.

LastPass review by <span>Adam N.</span>
Adam N.

"LastPass has just become part of life now"

What do you like best?

I have 20+ character randomised passwords for all sites I use. The number of combinations this could be is mind-blowing. I never have to remember passwords, and LastPass automatically fills in the sign in fields when I land on a site (most of the time, the occasional site doesn't work, but it's pretty quick to use the Chrome extension to search and copy the password). You just login to LastPass once in the morning (or you can stay logged in on a trusted computer), and that's it. Combined with two-factor authentication, and you're way more secure than most people.

Another excellent feature is the security check you can run. It will process all the passwords you have and give you an overall score, and advice on how to become more secure (it highlights duplicate passwords, old passwords, weak passwords, etc). It also checks whether any email addresses you use have been compromised by known security hacks. Very useful.

What do you dislike?

I worry about having all my passwords stored in one place. Obviously, they're security experts, so they must be pretty hard to crack. But, ya know, people hack the NSA, so... But it's much more secure than having easily crackable, repeated passwords on sites across the internet. Also, passwords are not automatically filled in when logging into a site on a smartphone. I have to open the LastPass app (albeit quickly with finger print entry) and then copy the password and paste it into the site I'm trying to access. To be honest, it's not a massive issue, but it is a bit of a pain (maybe I've just got used to it). But the normal desktop experience is very smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not checked out its competitors. So I'd obviously recommend doing that. But in all honesty, I've found no reason to switch services. LastPass has made me more secure online and made logging into sites way more convenient. And so it's good value at $12 or so dollars per year (or whatever it is).

Avoiding getting hacked. I have peace of mind knowing I'm one of the secure internet users. It saves a tonne of time logging into sites (I have several hundred stored passwords, I probably only use a couple of dozen regularly, but it's amazing how many sites you need passwords for). You open the site. Email and password fields just auto fill. And you click to sign in. Simple. Honestly, I don't know how people stay secure online without a password manager, like LastPass.

LastPass review by <span>Felipe L.</span>
Felipe L.

"Best password manager"

What do you like best?

Integration with multiple browsers and one of the best mobile apps. Also it has multiple forms to save passwords, credit cards, server information, ftp login, etc. I love the price, because it's no expensive for a company like us.

What do you dislike?

When it saves a new password I can't select a folder to save it. I must do it manually. Sometimes it misunderstand if I'm creating a new account or if I'm loging in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, even is easy to migrate from other password managers. It has multi browser support and mobile app.With the mobile app I've never have any problem. Also it recognizes every site with a password and user field, so it's very easy to save new password. One interesting feature, is that they run a security analysis tu verify how many times are you using the same password. When you're creating a new account it automatically recognizes that, so it recommends you to create a random password.

Remembering over hundred of passwords from different services, servers, ftp, credit cards, even id cards. One of the best features is that I can share accounts with other employees in a very secure way.

LastPass review by <span>Bogdan P.</span>
Bogdan P.

"Simple and Secure"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that i don't have to remember any passwords. It's great that LastPass stores my passwords securely and they are accessible across my devices. I get the simplicity of only remembering one password and the security of hashed passwords! This coupled with their Touch ID and Face ID support on IOS makes it even easier to access my passwords!

What do you dislike?

Not a flaw of the product but it can be a bummer that you have to manually type in a 24 character password on a system that doesn't allow you to access your LastPass account such as a Playstation 4. It also was a bummer to hear that last pass had a security issue with it's browser plugin less than a year ago.

I mainly use lastpass for my personal use and have found it to be great for speed and efficiency when accessing accounts

LastPass review by <span>Kelsey M.</span>
Kelsey M.

"Saves a ton of time"

What do you like best?

If you manage client's accounts and are logging in and out of them all day, LastPass is a life saver! Saves tons of time each and every day for us and is a god send for people who have issues remembering passwords. Since I use multiple computers during the week (work computer, home computer, laptop) LastPass makes it easy to have all the same information on all the devices.

What do you dislike?

When selecting a username and password for login, I wish it prioritized the logins that you've used recently so it is easier to select... but, other than that, it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The paid version allows groups/sharing of passwords and folders, which is super nice if your team uses the same passwords over and over.

I store all of my credentials for logging into websites using LastPass, it allows us to have a central location that is the same on all my devices.

LastPass review by <span>Shahrooz F.</span>
Shahrooz F.

"A perfect tool to get rid of all hassles for password management"

What do you like best?

It's almost everywhere even when I don't need it! It reminds me to keep the credentials when I'm registering on a new site and its cross-platform which makes it easy to access. One of the good features of LastPass is folders which can help you to categorize your credentials. Another great feature is credential sharing which you can share a specific username/password with anyone you like. Password generation is very easy and can be customized easily to have a complicated unbreakable password.

What do you dislike?

I don't remember anything to dislike. It perfectly solves all my problems with remembering secure info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just think for a moment that you need to remember only 1 password and you're done! It has everything you need to manage all your credentials. You can categorize all entries in different folders, you can share a credential with others for a period of time, you are able to save secure notes, it fills your online forms for you securely, and you have it on your browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Credential management such as username, password, form fills, generating powerful passwords, secure notes, etc.

A great use of this application is when you need to share a credential with someone else! It's a hassle always and almost for anyone but with LastPass, its a piece of cake! LastPass is a must tool for anyone who works in digital world as a regular user or even an admin!

LastPass review by <span>Sean F.</span>
Sean F.

"This is in my list of essentials."

What do you like best?

I no longer have to remember passwords. I can make them all long and unique, and be sure they are safe in LastPass. The security is so good that if I ever forgot my master password, not even LastPass staff could unencrypt my database for me. Way more secure than my own brain. Also, auto logging into websites and apps on my phone is wonderful as I hate typing on small touchscreens.

What do you dislike?

On some sites, the autofill feature fails. This usually happens when a site uses some weird dynamic popups or something for their login.

It saves me literally thousands of keystrokes. It also vastly ensures my security. If one of my accounts gets hacked, like my email, the fact that all my credentials are unique across the web means that vulnerabilities remain isolated.

LastPass review by <span>Amanda C.</span>
Amanda C.

"LastPass Review"

What do you like best?

Have a safe place to store passwords, not having to remember multiple passwords or re-login to applications/websites each time I use them.

What do you dislike?

Though it is helpful that they pop up and make it easy to quickly add a new password, they can be annoying and disruptive. Sometimes I have to check personal things at work (bank accounts etc) and I don't like it when lastpass asks if I want to add it. It is more intrusive than when Google for example asks me to add a password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe turn off notifications to add new passwords, because the notification for it can be annoying.

Not having to remember each password for the multiple resources/vendors I utilize daily for my job.

LastPass review by <span>Phil K.</span>
Phil K.

"Easy to use + great tool for secure credential sharing with clients"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool to offer to clients as a secure way for them to share sensitive credentials with us. It seems much more professional than asking them to send over email, and it's great to go back and find passwords shared weeks/months before.

What do you dislike?

The only two short comings I have: 1.) I wish our entire team had access to our clients shared passwords, or perhaps an admin could at least distribute shared passwords to other members on the team. 2.) The constant notifications to add site to LastPass can be quite aggravating when I'm browsing the web away from work, and don't want to add any of my personal sites to LastPass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Soo much better than sharing passwords via email or any sort of chat system. Highly recommend for software/tech companies that often need to get sensitive credentials from their clients - looks much more professional to request that passwords are shared via LastPass than just over email.

Quicker and safer way of having clients share their sensitive credentials with us. Main benefit is that you can always go back and find credentials, where the alternative (seeking through emails) can be quite difficult and time consuming.

LastPass review by User in Financial Services

"Password keeper for you and your clients"

What do you like best?

1. It has a free option

2. The security. Passwords and access can be shared securely.

3. All stored in one place with a master password. No tracking down all the logins and passwords all over the place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it tries to overwrite passwords and usernames when there is more than one log in available. Sometimes it tries to autofill items that do not qualify as a username and password and can cause problems throughout a site while inputting other information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay up to date on checking if LastPass is secure. You do not want an app you use to be the cause of a data breach in your firm.

I love that clients can securely share their passwords and take back access at any time. I never see their actual passwords. This helps streamline my workflow while remaining secure. It also helps our whole team work together on multiple clients.

LastPass review by <span>Justin B.</span>
Justin B.

"Indespensible tool to improve security"

What do you like best?

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC.

Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start out with the free one and then keep upgrading as long as you feel it's necessary.

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

LastPass review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is nicely synced between my laptop and mobile device so it stores all of passwords which are now just fingertips away. Very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Apparently on the iPhone the LastPass app doesn't work as well I hear. When you use it on the phone, it launches the sites right in the app rather than launching the app you're working on so it's kinda tricky that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that will definitely help you manage your passwords by keeping them electronically accessible. Also the tool can generate secure passwords so that takes a load off that responsibility, which is confusing and time consuming.

basically just time and convenience of storing passwords on a piece of paper and going mad trying to find them. Also, LastPass can generate secure passwords easily so that in and of itself is AWESOME!!

LastPass review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"Great Management, goes with you Anywhere."

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the interface and the sharing tools in LastPass. I have found that the mobile apps are very intuitive and are simple to open and find what I need quickly. I appreciate the password generator and quick fill functions in my browser.

What do you dislike?

I find it a bit much constantly authenticating and gaining access to the app. I recognize this is necessary for the security but I find it a bit much. I wish the quick fill function would work in the browser or apps on my phone. I also dislike that it plays a backseat to the auto password tools in the Chrome browser. I constantly have my passwords autofilled and often grabbing old passwords from the browser autofill that cause confusion with the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a stable password management tool that is among the best I have encountered.

It has been a great tool to sync our passwords in our team. Being able to share common passwords for Credit Cards or unique apps has been a game changer. Having a tool that works in all browsers and on my phone for authentication has been fantastic.

LastPass review by <span>George B.</span>
George B.

"LastPass Works Great, Keeps Me Organized"

What do you like best?

Lastpass is simple to use and tracks everything. I have credit card numbers stored in there as well as notes for each family member with SSNs, medical information , etc. And it's a breeze to share information with another person.

What do you dislike?

Some companies use a third party service on their site. This can cause LastPass to get confused about the actual site name and account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great. I've never needed customer support.

I'm able to share a password with a co-worker from the LastPass dashboard. I can also set "emergency contacts" who can log into LastPass if I am unable to and retrieve information. They don't have constant access--I'm immediately notified if they log in. This helps a lot with continuity, peace or mind, and collaboration.

LastPass review by <span>Heather H.</span>
Heather H.

"Great for remembering lots of various passwords when I only need to remember one."

What do you like best?

I like that I only need to remember the main password, especially for accounts where I'm forced to change my password every 90 days and can't use one I've ever used in the past. I have too many passwords to remember every time I have to change one!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to change passwords on certain sites in the administrative area in Last Pass because it didn't save changes I had made after updating the password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth at least trying to see how it can help.

Remembering many passwords and only needing to keep up with one. This makes logging in to these various sites far more efficient than scrolling through a spreadsheet.

LastPass review by <span>Amy B.</span>
Amy B.

"Comprehensive Tool For Password Security"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how incredibly easy it is to generate secure passwords. When I'm filling out web forms, I'm prompted to create a password via LastPass. It takes mere seconds to create a high-security password.

What do you dislike?

I've never found anything that I dislike about LastPass. It's fairly user-friendly, though I did need to do a small amount of research to understand it. This is typical of any software though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple way to enhance security on your business accounts, give LastPass a shot. It's really as easy as possible to use. The free version is high-quality, so you don't have to pay if you're hesitant to use it.

I use LastPass to keep all of my business-related accounts secure. Examples include generating passwords for Google Docs, Google Drive, Gmail, LinkedIn, Wordpress, PayPal Business, and more. I benefit from this because I don't have to come up with complex passwords on my own - LastPass does the legwork for me.

LastPass review by <span>Jason P.</span>
Jason P.

"LogMeIn has made a great move adding this to their suite!"

What do you like best?

Most hacks are the result of weak passwords or disgruntled employees. LastPass brings the control of a fully deployed Microsft Active Directory to every company. In under a couple hours your IT person can see the overall health of your organization's passwords and then improve the score.

The end users get to swap out the many passwords (over 100 on average) for one Master Password. It's a HUGE time saver and keeps us from using the same password for our company email AND our online bank profile.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to make an argument for swapping a free "personal user" addition for a paid "enterprise account" until you see the admin panel. Not enough of us think about how vulnerable our ecosystems are to hack because of bad or reused passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some research on how many hacks have nothing to do with data encryption or network hacking. Most (80+%0 occur from bad passwords. They also leave you personly vulnerable to attacks if your employer is hacked as most of reuse passwords from work on our personal systems.

There are TONS of benefits. Strong passwords, easy active directory, and OATH management as well as multifactor authentication. If you hand out usernames & passwords for your ORG you should see this product.

LastPass review by Agency
Agency

"Never Forget a Password Again!"

What do you like best?

I love the chrome browser plugin because it will autofill your usernames and passwords as long as you are signed in, plus it will prompt you to add a new site's credentials to your vault upon account creation or when you sign onto a site that isn't already in your vault. I also love that I can access long-forgotten passwords, as long as I saved them at some point in the past.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to change my main password as often as it wants; however, I'm aware that this is actually a good thing, as anyone who can get access to this site would have a lot of really important information of mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must-have if you're forgetful or even if you manage several accounts for others. I also strongly encourage users to get the Chrome browser plugin to go along with it!

I manage accounts for myself, my business, and my clients. It would be impossible to keep them straight or log in quickly to a lot of these accounts without LastPass.

LastPass review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Maxed out security"

What do you like best?

I love how LastPass keeps track of passwords and usernames for all the platforms I have credentials for. These can be updated easily when passwords change. I also appreciate the level of security. There is two-step authentication, as well as an option to not type your password but rather click on the letters, numbers, and symbols. If you're leary of keylogger software infiltrating your computer, this is a great feature to further protect your passwords and usernames. Once logged in to LastPass, when I log in to a platform, it automatically fills in the information based on the account I am accessing.

What do you dislike?

The setup for LastPass was challenging at first when onboarding with my new position. But once I got the feel for it, I was rolling. The mobile app isn't my favorite either. I primarily use this on my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have access to accounts you believe are of high value, high security, reach a large audience, and do not want to be compromised, make the leap to LastPass. It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

LastPass helps securely store passwords for a wide variety of platforms and accounts. It has helped immensely when forgetfulness looms.

LastPass review by <span>Meghan M.</span>
Meghan M.

"Makes things faster and easier"

What do you like best?

Nice to not have to remember a whole bunch of complicated passwords - we have to log in to a LOT of things and it would be much harder if we didn't use lastpass as it remembers your data and is easy to update

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets confused and doesn't know the right password for a specific site. For some sites, this makes things difficult as if you enter in the wrong password it messes things up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep things updated and vary your passwords for security

Quick and easy logins and remembering your data - allows me to work quickly because I don't have to stop and think about login info

LastPass review by <span>Dan S.</span>
Dan S.

"Stellar Password Protection"

What do you like best?

The Chrome extension serves as a great reminder and tool for any new logins you don't have time to write down. You can get them converted to your LastPass account right away as a result.

What do you dislike?

There are points where you sense it will view almost anything that looks like a password as your official password - accordingly, you need to remain on your toes with any personal data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be alert with some areas of LastPass - not everything it copies or recognises as a password IS a password. In particular, finance/invoice related logins could be problematic.

I've introduced it at my workplace as a means to save our account passwords, and we can collaborate better as a result.

LastPass review by <span>Josh P.</span>
Josh P.

"This one is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this product is the fact that it can keep my Salesforce org logins straightened out for me. I help manage multiple Salesforce orgs and it is easy to get passwords/usernames switched around. Last Pass keeps all of the combinations together and makes it easy for one-click sign-on.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find a part of this tool that I dislike. I've had it for a little over a year now and have yet to have any issues or not do something I've needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are required to keep track of your passwords in any form, this is the product for you. It not only retains username/login combinations that you have but also has a password generator that can be used to create complex passwords for any site using their site requirements. It will then save that in the card for that website automatically for you. Finding passwords is very easy by locating and opening your vault of passwords and you can add endless amounts of passwords. One new feature that is also helpful is the Family protection where you can set up and manage passwords for your family.

Business problems are keeping track of all of my passwords for the myriad of software and utility tools that we use. It allows me to quickly get in and out of programs without having to track down the password I need in the stack of sticky notes sitting on my desk.

LastPass review by <span>Cherise B.</span>
Cherise B.

"Secure, Convenient, Organizable, Shareable"

What do you like best?

I love how secure LastPass is! Protected by a Master Password, and you can require password re-entry for some logins/notes. Highly organizable, easily lets me sort sites/notes into folders as needed. It's also easy to share LastPass. If you have a paid account, you can create a Shared Folder, and if you don't have a paid account, you can keep all shared items organized in folders as Accepted Share Offers. I love LastPass for work so much that I also use it for personal use! It also has a web browser extension for ease of logging into websites.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any dislikes for LastPass!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version works great! If you want to have Shared Folders, the paid version is well worth it. Just be sure to set a Master Password that you can remember, and make sure you set the Password Hint! If all else fails, they've got great support.

Secure storage of sensitive information, like credit cards. One easy place to save multiple passwords.

LastPass review by <span>Andy P.</span>
Andy P.

"Great for managing sensitive data!"

What do you like best?

We've been using LastPass for several years, and it keeps getting better and better. In addition to just keeping track of passwords, we use it to keep records of bank account numbers, credit cards, and a variety of other information. The ability to attach documents makes it even more powerful, as we can use specialized documents in our vault. It's really a very useful way to keep track of sensitive information.

We have the premium ($12/yr) version, which allows us to sync all of the LastPass information in our vault to our phones. This gives us the ability to have our passwords and other info with us everywhere we go.

The ability to have it autofill into apps on the phone is really nice, as is the automatic capture and fill for websites on the desktop. All in all, a really handy and useful addition!

What do you dislike?

No problems to report. It always works as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

We use it for both business and personal use. It allows us to be mobile and keep our sensitive data with us, but still secure.

LastPass review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Secure and sync-able"

What do you like best?

LastPass was recommended to me by a friend years ago but it took me some time to get on the bandwagon. I don't know why I waited so long to implement this great password manager!

LastPass securely stores your passwords and syncs them across all of your devices. It's "browser-agnostic," and you can use it on your mobile devices just as easily. The passwords are secured by a master password, and if you lose a device, you can easily activate LassPass on your new device and reclaim those lost passwords.

It also has some neat features, like secure form-filling, that can make online shopping quicker and easier.

What do you dislike?

The drawbacks to LastPass are similar to other password managers -- a single, potentially hackable point of entry for every password you have. LastPass has in fact been breached before, though I'm sure they are always improving security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're comfortable with using a password manager, there's no reason not to consider LastPass. It will offer security improvements in terms of using more secure passwords and minimizing repetition of passwords. It also helps when a device ends up broken, lost, or must be wiped. However, there is no single solution to password security that is always foolproof, so always monitor your accounts.

It's a great solution for freelancers who have (like me) so many different web apps and websites to utilize as we manage and promote our businesses (invoicing, social media, mailing lists, and more.)

LastPass review by <span>Kyle J.</span>
Kyle J.

"LastPass for password management"

What do you like best?

LastPass lets you put all your password into one location so you only have to really remember your lastpass password to get in anywhere. LastPass also uses dual authentication which makes me feel more secure about my password since for someone to log in and get access to all my passwords they would need my password and my phone (we use duo mobile for this process).

Another neat feature is that when you use the browser plugin it will automatically detect login forms so that you can autofill in your username and password with other form fields if needed. Last pass can be also used to generate complex passwords for you. It also will pull in your browser stored passwords and tell you which passwords are the same across all your accounts and recommends you to change them.

What do you dislike?

LastPass can be a little user unfriendly to none "techy" people. I usually have to help some coworkers with setting LastPass up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version. You will notice how easy it is to use and how nice it use not to have to remember 20334934349 passwords for all your accounts.

LastPass allows us to have secure passwords for all our accounts in one location. This helps us enforce our employees to have safe and secure passwords.

LastPass review by <span>Chad C.</span>
Chad C.

"Indispensable password manager great for personal use"

What do you like best?

LastPass lets me securely store and access hundreds of passwords and notes from my phone, work PC and home computer, regardless of platform. I'm a firm believer in strong passwords (I use https://xkpasswd.net/s/ to generate strong passwords), but strong passwords are impossible to _really_ remember. With LastPass, I can enter a new set of credentials on my PC and minutes later access it from my mobile device. There are options to secure LastPass pretty tightly too. You can enable two-factor authentication for the web version (which I use with Google Authenticator), you can set it to prompt for your master password every time you attempt to access the vault, or you can prompt for the master password for a site, at the site level. Having access on my mobile device is fantastic - LOVE the ability to sign in with my fingerprint. In web version, the search is a must and I use it literally every time I use LastPass. You can export your vault to a text file, print it out, and put it in your safety deposit box once a quarter.

What do you dislike?

On mobile (I'm on Android), getting LastPass to fire off when you get to a site in the vault can be tricky at best. Sometimes if I click back and forth from username to password fields, LastPass will come up and ask to fill in the creds. Most of the time, I have to login to LastPass first, then launch the app I want to log into. First world problem.

The folders design is sorta clunky - I hate using folders, as it limits me. Tags would be nice. The search makes up for this though, as it is great.

Password generator pretty lame and doesn't generate great passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable and use two-factor authentication with something like Google Authenticator. You are storing A LOT of valuable information in here, why would you not want to safeguard it as much as possible?

I'm using LastPass personally to store hundreds of sets of credentials, notes, software licenses, etc. It helps me keep my sanity and quickly and easily access sites without having to think about it at all.

LastPass review by <span>Ligia D.</span>
Ligia D.

"It's great for sharing access to people you don't know that well"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that I can share access to my accounts to others without having to share my personal password and I can also control when I want them to stop having access to those accounts. When I started working with my boss, this was vital for us. Now we've worked together for a long time and he trusts me enough to confide his passwords to me, but at first this was what helped us build that trust.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not that great, it's gotten better and it's great now that it's free. But it keeps popping up wherever I want to type something, even places that have nothing to do with signing up or logging in somewhere and I wasn't able to log into any google account through it while on my phone. It works great on my laptop though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's always great for laptop/desktop users, but if you need to access gmail on a mobile phone with it, at least on Android, it's not going to work out. However, it works great with gmail on desktop. It is very secure as a browser, since it asks for your password whenever you go from this app to another one and come back, so if you were browsing something you don't want anyone else who might get hands on your phone to see, this is the browser for you.

Like I said previously, it helps you give temporary or long-term access to people you don't necessarily trust enough to give permanent access or the passwords to your personal or business accounts.

LastPass review by <span>Matías B.</span>
Matías B.

"From a nice password vault to a Security Must"

What do you like best?

I have been using Lastpass for more than 3 years, I used it mainly as a password vault, like the one from the browser but with multiple device support.

But today it has become a security essential, there are so many passwords and so many breaches that it's impossible to keep up, Lastpass will let you know what sites had been publicly breached and make you change that password. One password per site is a great practice and this app makes it happen.

Sharing passwords showed to be very powerful, I work for a startup and it is a lot easier to share passwords with new people through the app. Even I do know who has access to what service now.

What do you dislike?

The UI ain't the best, sometimes the prompts doesn't show on chrome, or if you access subdomains with different user/pass this app will show you all the passwords available for the domain, but not the subdomain. You may change a setting to remember per subdomain but I don't want to change it for all of the sites, just some, otherwise developer.facebook.com will be different than facebook.com and thats annoying.

Sharing services credentials with my colleagues.

LastPass review by <span>Lauren N.</span>
Lauren N.

"Great PW solution, but needs to managed closely"

What do you like best?

Automatic prompts to save pw's for new sites

User friendly interface to retrieve and manage log ins

What do you dislike?

Not a great solution for sites with multiple accounts eg. Google accounts. As a small business marketing director I manage several google accounts with unique log ins for each. Last Pass consistently gets these wrong. Like 90% of the time it applies the wrong pw to the username, even after I've updated it.

Saves a ton of time and is very convenient for managing passwords. Has been irreplaceable after I had to reset to my mobile phone - I was able to recover and reset several passwords via the Last Pass interface.

LastPass review by <span>Maria S.</span>
Maria S.

"Great tool! Saves time, is secure, and makes sharing passwords secure & easy."

What do you like best?

It saves me so much time and brain power I can be using elsewhere. It also allows me to share passwords to certain sites with others without having to worry about it being read or misplaced.

What do you dislike?

I suppose there could be a bit more security instead of just a main password which grants you access to all sorts of personal information like usernames/passwords, and even credit card info. Haven't had an issue with this yet, but I could see how it would be a headache if it did happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! It's a wonderful and free tool which can save you a lot of grief and headache trying to remember different passwords. It also allows you to have more secure passwords since you don't have to try to remember all of them. As long as you have a strong master password and keep your devices safe, you're golden. I love the feature of sharing passwords/log in info so I can share with coworkers and my family for personal use as well.

Sharing login infos for website design/development as well as purchasing office needs and setting up appointments and services. Instead of having a ton of emails or a piece of paper that could be lost, it was so great to have it all automated and saved on LassPass so that I could simply go to the site and get logged into the correct account.

LastPass review by <span>Joshua R.</span>
Joshua R.

"Easy and Secure"

What do you like best?

I love being able to have both a personal account and a business account at the same time. This allows our entire company to use lastpass for internal needs while having my personal passwords stored in the same area only in my own private section that stays with me if I were to leave the company account.

What do you dislike?

Obviously we only give access to password folders to internal team members we trust but even if the password is not visible to the employee when they are viewing in the vault a tech savvy person can make a small change to the HTML code to display the password. So once you give employees access to specific credentials you might as well assume they will be able to figure out the password even if the

Recommendations to others considering the product

LastPass is free for personal use and cheap per user for the enterprise level. Just get the free version. If you like how it manages your personal credentials you should feel comfortable enough picking up the enterprise edition at the low rates!

LastPass allows us to get more secure with storing passwords that are used company wide. Instead of messaging a password or writing it down on paper and handing it to someone it stays secure in the cloud that anyone we give access to the ability to use the passwords for any systems they need to access that are managed company wide.

LastPass review by <span>Charles S.</span>
Charles S.

"Seamless password management for work and pleasure"

What do you like best?

With so many different accounts and passwords, it is hard to keep up without having the same password for all accounts or writing them down, both of which are not very secure options. Lastpass helps me feel secure with safe password protection that easily integrates in the chrome browser. My favorite part is how easy it is to use. Enter your password once and last pass stores the password for all future cases.

What do you dislike?

The UI for lastpass is a little clunky. I feel like I get lost on their webapp. Then again, I don't use it very much, so maybe I haven;t grown accustomed to it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it across your entire organization - it is useful and the benefits far outweigh the cost of setting it up.

Sharing secure passwords for shared accounts with internal employees, employees storing all of their passwords in one app, allowing them to make a secure password for every site.

LastPass review by <span>Erik F.</span>
Erik F.

"Simple & Effective password security"

What do you like best?

The chrome extension is excellent - it's reliable & the password generator is easy to use. It also works flawlessly on my Chromebook, something competing tools could not do. The combination of LastPass and Google's Two Factor Authentication makes for excellent security. The iPhone App's use of TouchID makes things convenient even when I need a password on a computer I haven't used before.

What do you dislike?

The LastPass iPhone app includes a web browser which would need to be much better to make me use it. Really, this is a complaint about Apple's limitations on Apps - it's impossible to have the same auto-fill features in Safari or Chrome for iOS as you get in ChromeOS or on a desktop. This means that getting to a password requires switching apps which is a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LastPass recently changed their pricing structure which was a boon to small non-profits like mine, where only a handful of users need to use shared passwords. The free version is a benchmark in individual security & provides all I need for my local union. The expanded business and enterprise options allow for shared folders (or encrypted notes and passwords) between different groups of people, which would be excellent if I had a bigger team.

I've used LastPass to share financial account information between union officers, which has the benefit of encouraging unique and randomized password use from those who aren't all that on board with password security.

I regularly recommend LastPass to individuals concerned about online security and union leaders in similar situations.

LastPass review by <span>Jimmy G.</span>
Jimmy G.

"Works great for sharing passwords"

What do you like best?

I like this so that I can set up shared passwords for my team to log into applications . I am an insurance agent and we write insurance to many different companies and for every different company we have a username and password that we have to use between three people

What do you dislike?

This doesn’t do very well when there are more then two fields to Fill. You half to go in and manually fill in the last of the field

Were able to share a list of passwords MOXI on our team without having to write them down

LastPass review by <span>Matthew Q.</span>
Matthew Q.

"All The Password In All The Right Places"

What do you like best?

LastPass makes it so easy to keep track of passwords. I never have to remember a password again, and even if I am using another PC or phone I can log into my account and check what a password is if I need to.

What do you dislike?

The popup to add a password can get a little annoying sometimes if it's nothing something you want to add or if it thinks it's a new password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for ease of use and the ability to share login info and revoke it without sharing passwords then I highly recommend you try out LastPass.

I can give access to contractors and others I need to check my accounts and then revoke it if needed. I also love that I can get access to clients accounts without having to worry about sharing passwords back and forth.

LastPass review by User in Internet

"Simple and secure"

What do you like best?

Love this software. After this there are only 3 Passwords in your life: Login of your PC/Mac, Lastpass Password and Lastpass Back Up Password. No more.

What do you dislike?

Lastpass could be a bit annoying when there are Logins with the same Password. But in some cases, it is required to use the same password. I wish to be able to deactivate redundant alerts

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have to have many different accounts and like to be able to securely share passwords with colleagues and want a machine creating save password lastpass is the best deal

Lastpass generates automatic Passwords and saving them. so every account I have contains a 30+ letters Password. This allows me to feel (mostly) safe against brute force attacks. Even the fact, that there are only 3 Passwords needet in my whole word. Even Passwords for apps are saveable in lastpass.

LastPass review by User

"Easy to use across devices "

What do you like best?

LastPass allows me to forget about remembering passwords and stress less about inventing new memorable passwords. The password generator works how it should 99% of the time and the autofill functions very well. I've been satisfied with almost every aspect of LastPass.

What do you dislike?

LastPass doesn't always get it right when it comes to identifying fields. Sometimes it will ask if you want to generate a new password in a password field where you just need to access an existing password. This can be frustrating - you have to open the vault and manually pull the password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup across all devices you use for work.

Our InfoSec team enforces the use of LastPass and we utilize the Security Challenge to make sure everyone is at a certain % of safety to keep our company information safe.

LastPass review by <span>Chris G.</span>
Chris G.

"Gain Convenience without Compromising Security"

What do you like best?

Many modern businesses require logins to multiple software platforms, as well as personal secure locations. LastPass makes it easy to safely keep all of these passwords, share as needed and save you time.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome extension occasionally needs to be closed and rebooted in order to work. It seems to be fixed with the latest update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to manage secure passwords to multiple online locations, LastPass is the most convenient thing you can use. Add in that you can organize and share passwords, and LastPass makes your life even easier.

It keeps all of the passwords in a searchable location, and the Chrome extension makes it effortless to autofill login credentials.

LastPass review by <span>Taylor V.</span>
Taylor V.

"Excellent service... wouldn't know what to do without it"

What do you like best?

LastPass has been a life saver when it comes to managing all of our companies passwords. It centralizes all your passwords in one place and makes it easy to auto-fill forms and logins that you frequently use. Since we have multiple accounts on certain websites, it makes managing multiple login credentials easy. It also has the ability to store secure notes and credit card information, however, we don't use this.

Love the fact that we can have 2FA on the initial master login, which makes it way more secure, just in case someone cracks into your account and gets the password.... at least they'd need to have your phone too.

What do you dislike?

Hoping they keep mantaining their security level, as this could be huge since all our passwords are stored in the cloud.

Sometimes when using the app on websites such as Google, it's a little finnicky since Google now has a two step login procedure, first you put in your username, then on the second screen you put in your password... with Lastpass that requires two clicks if you have more than one Google account. Which is not that bad at all considering how much time it saves in the long run.

It increased efficiency a ton by having a centralized storage of passwords that we can share between users.

LastPass review by <span>Erin G.</span>
Erin G.

"Easy to use, convenient way to sort and file login credentials"

What do you like best?

I really like how LastPass allows you to sort and file login credentials by type. It's really handy to be able to create folders and separate my personal and work login information. I'm not sure if other password saver products have this capability, but this is a feature I really like. It makes shifting between contract work accounts and personal accounts effortless.

What do you dislike?

Before I signed up with LastPass, there was one account that I created that had the same account as my LastPass vault. I don't use that account often, but when I do, I get an email *every single time* telling me that I need to change my LastPass vault account because I used the same password on another account. I get that this is a security feature and some might find it really beneficial, but I find it really annoying. This is really a minor dislike, however. I haven't had really any complaints with this product so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around and see what other kinds of products there are...I would be surprised if they were as easy to use as LastPass. Especially if you are working on multiple digital platforms (for business or personal use), this product really does put your mind at ease in never having to worry about getting locked out of accounts. As a contract designer, my company hooked me up with LastPass and it was a lifesaver. They shared the relevant folders with me for what I needed, and then I created my own for my personal accounts. I was hesitant at first, but so glad I gave in and tried this out!

I work on contract doing social media and brand development for a handful of digital products. Because there are so many portals and accounts that I need to be able to do my work, it was critical that I have all the login credentials. But as you might imagine, having the type in or record all that information was really cumbersome. Especially since I did not own any of the accounts. Any time a password was changed, I would get locked out and had to email around to get the new password. When I instituted LastPass, it made the work so much more streamlined! The company I worked with simply shared the folder for the products and accounts I was working on, and I was all set!

LastPass review by <span>Jessi Alia L.</span>
Jessi Alia L.

"I Could Not Live Without LastPass!"

What do you like best?

Oh! where to begin?! LastPass is the best app for not-having-to-remember passwords. Passwords have come to control my life, and LastPass controls the passwords. I like that LastPass can create a random password according to my preferences - and I don't have to memorize a thing! I feel like my passwords are secure with LastPass.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, in my hurry to change a password I'll accidentally create a duplicate entry. LastPass is good at prompting me to replace a previous entry the first instance, but it would be great if LastPass would remind me again on a subsequent visit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pain when I forget my LastPass password, which is ironic because now it is the only password I need to remember.

I use LastPass for both business and personal sites. It is great for both.

LastPass review by <span>Chris V.</span>
Chris V.

"My Efficient One Stop Shop for All My Passwords"

What do you like best?

Lastpass has been an incredible addition to my everyday use program repertoire. I use it so much and it is so convenient to have all your passwords and form information (address, name, etc) in one FREE encrypted place! I really love how LastPass pops up and asks to save login info after entering it on new sites! That way I never lose a login and I also get to name that particular login anything I want when the save dialogue box pops up. I have never used the secure password generator feature, but it seems like a useful tool! The credit card fill form option is also amazing and makes online shopping a breeze; now I don't have to pull out my credit card and type it in every time I buy something.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many negative things to say about LastPass. Sometimes the auto-fill won't recognize a login form immediately. Sometimes a quick reload of the page will fix this!

This makes many of my day to day tasks so much more efficient, not to mention that all the information is securely stored.This helps you keep track of all the different passwords you may use for different sites, and lets you diversify your passwords rather than using the same one for everything.

LastPass review by <span>Haydn M.</span>
Haydn M.

"Best password manager on the market"

What do you like best?

Ability to generate secure passwords and have them stored. Another bonus is the security challenge which then rates you against other LastPass users which motivates you to improve your score.

What do you dislike?

Can be clunky when using the app with logins required for other apps, sometimes the apps aren't recognised as being stored

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good if you are looking for a cloud solutions and the benefits that come with it. If you need an on-premises solution this is not for you.

Overall security is increased as users are pushed to improve their passwords. Also seen a decrease in passwords stored in unsecure ways such as post-it notes!

LastPass review by User

"My most faviorite app of all time! "

What do you like best?

What's not to love about LastPass. It has made transitioning from my work office to home office seamless. I use it in my personal and professional life and I even have the app on my phone. I was nervous abotu using a single sign in app but I feel safe with LastPass.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about LastPass I can't say one bad thing. I have been using it for almost 2 years and have not one bad thing to say. All of my employees love it. I don't often use apps that I use at work at home but this is one that I do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This should be mandatory in all work places. It can save your employees so much time and hassle.

All you have to do is remember one strong password to keep your password vault safe and secure. Once you login to your vault, you have access to all of your logins. It makes it easy to share passwords and login credentials with your coworkers or spouse.

LastPass review by <span>Ankit K.</span>
Ankit K.

"LastPass is the a Life Savior "

What do you like best?

Forgetting Passwords is among the most irritating habits I have within myself and I always wanted a definite solution for this issue in my life.

Resetting the password is not an easy job for me, because I usually tend to forget my secret questions and linked email addresses. The LastPass is a savior for me. I just don’t remember when was the last time I had to look for my passwords. Moreover the Auto Login facility in Last Pass is mind-blowing; I save a lot of time with not jugging around the login pages of my various accounts .

What do you dislike?

There are few concerns which last pass should take care of , Firstly my bank website do not allow last pass to auto fill the details and had locked my account several times because of the failed attempts to login. Secondly, I tried to disable auto login for particular websites, but that feature is not working for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have realized that the LastPass is the best place to my passwords secure and accessible from anywhere. I will definitely recommend everyone to make you life simpler by simply letting LastPass to do the job for you.

Apart from those little flaws, there are more of advantages for using LastPass. Its simplicity is something which makes it unbeatable among its competitors. Moreover it is now available for my mobile devices as well..

LastPass review by <span>Nathan W.</span>
Nathan W.

"Lastpass is a my first recommendation for password security "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about LastPass is how easy it is to remember to use it. With my experience with other password systems, it is up to you to remember to save everything. Whenever Lastpass detects I am entering in a new login on a site, it offers to add it to my vault .

Another great feature is the auto password change. On several big sites, Lastpass can change your password for you (only with your permission and you have to tell them to do it). It is a great way to keep those important accounts secure.

What do you dislike?

The only real issue I have had is sometimes the plugin gets in the way website forms. However, they can't program it to work on every possible site, so I will let it slide.

Between generating secure passwords to give to people when I set up accounts, to keeping confidentail info secure, Lastpass is a must have for me.

LastPass review by <span>Madhu S.</span>
Madhu S.

"Lastpass - It's like a separate brain for all your passwords!"

What do you like best?

With websites getting hacked all the time, you really need to create a different password for each site. That way, if a site gets hacked, you won’t have to worry about the hacker using the same stolen password on other websites to get into your accounts.

Remembering a different password for every site is impossible, especially if you want to make the password secure by using special characters.

Lastpass to the rescue!

Lastpass will generate a secure password for you. The password will be gobbledygook, which makes it very hard to hack or guess.

The password is different for every website.

When you return to the website, Lastpass will recall the password for you, allowing you to login in seconds. For many websites, it can even login automatically which saves you from doing anything.

Once you use lastpass, you will wonder how you lived without it!

Other features:

1) Form fill

You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you.

You can even set up profiles for obscure details.

You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers.

2) Automatic password changing

For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password.

This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure.

3) Alerts when a website has been hacked

If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password (and in some cases it will do the change automatically)

4) Hardware authentication

Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone.

That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure.

5) Password sharing

You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website.

6) Excellent interface

The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t.

7) Multiplatform

Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver.

8) Password audit

Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords)

9) It’s free

Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

What do you dislike?

Lastpass has one disadvantage. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a work around you can choose to copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of the best apps for Password management. It is also free for the basic service, so you can try it out without any risk.

I use Lastpass at work to remember all the passwords I use for various websites.

I could not imagine working without it. It keeps me safe and secure. It also saves time, as I don't have to remember passwords.

It also saves time when filling in forms.

LastPass review by <span>Craig B.</span>
Craig B.

"Easy to Use and a great value"

What do you like best?

I really like LastPass and have been using it for three years. It's super-easy to setup and going. It's made all of my passwords so much stronger and the autogenerate is great.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing major I don't like -- all the core functionality is good. The additional features -- such as credit monitoring is really not necessary or helpful at the level I pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the audit feature to see how many duplicate credential sets you have.

LastPass has made it possible for me to diversify my user credentials and keep more of my account secured.

LastPass review by <span>Asim A.</span>
Asim A.

"A nice to have password management tool"

What do you like best?

LastPass allows me to store all my username and passwords in a secure place. It automatically gets sync with all OS such as Mac, Windows, or Linux as well as on Android and iOS. It has got an automatic password generator which offers strong passwords in replacement for the weak ones. I can replace them with something which has a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters. It also provides an emergency access feature to choose one or more person who can inherit your stored username and passwords in case of your demise.

What do you dislike?

If you are using a free account then you will not be able to sync all your devices where ever you have installed Lastpass. Also, if I try to dismiss a reminder from mobile app, it again pops back when I launch it after some time. It seems I can’t turn it off completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended because it is not possible to remember all the passwords of various websites/accounts. So it is a safe option to keep your passwords here and use them when you need your passwords.

I needed protection from keyloggers as I work from various devices at different locations, where Lastpass came out to be handy. It provides protection from keyloggers by allowing entries to be captured from a virtual on-screen keyboard which can accept my inputs through mouse clicks itself. It also sends an email notification when I change my master password, so none can steal my account information. It has an automatic password changer which can change my passwords after certain fixed days.

LastPass review by <span>Cassie J.</span>
Cassie J.

"A straightforward password arrangement"

What do you like best?

Their program modules make it priceless. What's more, with the capacity to utilize hot keys it makes the whole experience that vastly improved. LastPass is an extremely well completely planned stage for secret word administration. They safely encode the majority of your watchword information, even on their free form. I realize that they likewise have a portable form that works truly pleasantly as well.

What do you dislike?

My greatest issue is that my portable record logs-off extremely effectively (yet security needs to start things out so sufficiently reasonable I assume). The interface is exceptionally old cap and I've generally attempted to comprehend certain parts of it, fortunately in case you're anything like me you won't have to go into every one of the complexities. At last you are additionally trusting to have all passwords in one place, it's essentially a nectar pot for programmers that you fear one day will be broken into completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compose your LastPass secret key some place where you won't overlook it! Make a decent password imply so its simple to recall in the event that you overlook.

Decreases organization time resetting and making new logins/passwords.

LastPass review by <span>Sigrid x.</span>
Sigrid x.

"Buggy product and terrible customer service"

What do you like best?

Possibility to generate secure passwords and possibility to store these safely.

What do you dislike?

Buggy product, have had issues with with seeing passwords, settings (automatically logout), login in, and retrieving my password. Our LastPass admin is not able to give me a new password, as he is also experiencing issues with the system.

Customer support has not been helpful, polite, nor able to solve our requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another system for your company, as our company has experiences so many issues with Lastpass and terrible and rude customer support.

Have used different systems at other companies, and compared with them, LastPass does not have any benefits. My company in general are fed up with LastPass (aka LostPass), and we will most likely change provider.

LastPass review by <span>Benjamin E. J.</span>
Benjamin E. J.

"No More Common Passwords!"

What do you like best?

I like that LastPass functions across all my devices, whether in my browser or on my smartphone. Generating and recalling high-security passwords is easy, even on Android apps. Being able to share passwords, such as with my wife or a co-worker, is also very useful, without sacrificing the security of the password itself.

What do you dislike?

LastPass Desktop doesn't do much for me, and sometimes LastPass Android can't fill in certain apps, but that's minor.

I have hundreds of logins, but used to only have a few passwords. I can't imagine what it would have been like if someone hacked my Twitter password only to give them access to Bank of America or something like that! THis is far more secure than coming up with passwords, keeping them in an excel file, or writing them on losable sticky notes. LastPass generates unique passwords and recalls them with my unguessable master password.

LastPass review by <span>Dave C.</span>
Dave C.

"A solid password manager with a discount for non-profits"

What do you like best?

A password manager is now essential. The days of shared passwords stored in Excel spreadsheets, reusing passwords, or root + slight variant are over. This service lets me disable access for people who leave the org, share passwords for accounts like Amazon Prime and USPS, and of course generate unique random secure passwords for every site.

What do you dislike?

The design is a bit of a mess, with different settings stored in different places. Also, re-enrolling phones for 2 factor auth is a pain. Also, security issues in the news created FUD within upper management. Hopefully that's behind them.

Check out the "like best" section. Another great use case: I create a shared folder for each employee that only IT and that person have access to. It lets me create new accounts for a new employee with guaranteed secure passwords and all they need to do is sign in with their master password and start using them.

LastPass review by <span>Veronica P.</span>
Veronica P.

"Simple and Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create categories for the different kinds of passwords I have. Right now I have different categories for work and personal. It really keeps everything organized and easy to find.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to clickable links into the note section so I don't have to copy and paste the link to where that specific information is used. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. I really love LastPass!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're debating between LastPass and another password software, choose this one! The simple interface and usability makes it the best choice.

It's definitely a timesaver! Instead of having to flip through a notebook or messages to find passwords, they are in one space, stored securely so I don't have to worry about that either!

LastPass review by <span>Tim B.</span>
Tim B.

"Great Way to Generate and Store Passwords"

What do you like best?

Lastpass has made it about as easy as possible to save passwords. You simply enter your credentials and sign into to a site, then Lastpass recognizes the new sign-on and prompts you to save.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about the product. I can use it for free on my laptop or phone, it's much more secure than storing passwords in a random file or Notes app, and it's easy.

I can share account credentials with coworkers so they can log in with a group account, but not know that password I'm using.

LastPass review by <span>Val S.</span>
Val S.

"Great tool, could use some enhancements"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ability to store passwords in folders for organizational purposes. The Chrome extension opening the editing window in a new tab is useful as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to scroll by or jump to letters in the vault. Having to scroll down the page when you have lots of folders is tedious. The scrolling also tends to be a little buggy and troublesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sort passwords into folders from the start - it's more time consuming to start putting them into folders later.

Name your passwords uniquely, it makes them easier to find and to search for.

LastPass makes creating and storing secure passwords way easier. Without it, I would have some random insecure document with all of passwords and would have to come up with random passwords.

LastPass review by <span>Bret C.</span>
Bret C.

"Great Security for No Price"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of access, whether it be via mobile (which I use always) or Chrome extensions, it works great. The auto-fill option (honestly I don't use as much as I should) is a great tool!

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found something that kills it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app on your phone after creating an account, easy to use anywhere you are.

I receive shares from my head office, very sensitive and high level information, notes, etc, accept and I have the information anywhere I am or go, able to help my team using this information.

LastPass review by <span>Tara T.</span>
Tara T.

"Very effective"

What do you like best?

I liked having all the passwords in one place. Not just my personal passwords but being able to access company wide accounts without checking with 7 people to see what the current password is was helpful.

What do you dislike?

At first I didn't like LastPass but it was because I didn't know how to use it. Once I took 5 minutes to figure it all out, I thought it was great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you go with LastPass and you put one point person on implementing, thats great but you should be ready to have a quick training session with everyone you want to utilize it so they know how to use everything and are confident with the tool.

LastPass helped us be organized and have randomly generate passwords that people didn't have to memorize which made our systems more secure.

LastPass review by <span>Jennifer T.</span>
Jennifer T.

"Cheap & it works"

What do you like best?

The reality is that this password storage solution is cheap (~$10 per user per year). With that, you kind of get what you pay for. However, we were a small company and just needed any solution that would work, so this did the trick. One of the biggest aspects of Lastpass that we liked were the shared folders, they allowed us to share certain logins across entire teams without having anyone storing it in insecure places.

Ability to see A) is someone had never logged in, B) how strong their passwords are and accordingly you could force them to reset at the next login.

What do you dislike?

The list is LONG. If you can invest is something that is better rated, do that. If you know of something equally affordable that works better, I'd love to hear it. So, admin management is a nightmare. I love how secure this site can be, but there has to be some overrides in some places for managers. Far too many times an employee would leave and fail to share their Lastpass accounts, if we couldn't get it from them, many logins were lost. With better policies, some of this was fixed, but always continued to be a problem.

It's hard to see who has access to what. If have to click into each folder and account to see who it was shared with.

Zero insight into employees accounts. Again, a pro and con of Lastpass security. I don't want to see what accounts folks have saved in their Lastpass, that should be theirs. However, having some sense of the capacity at which they use it would really help. In our organizations case, it was very hard to get people to use this rather than simply using the browser password save options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another solution if you can.

Secure password storage and sharing. In using Lastpass, it was truly a "better than nothing" solution for us. We're looking for alternatives.

LastPass review by <span>Konrad M.</span>
Konrad M.

"LastPass - A easy to use, but sometimes tricky password manager"

What do you like best?

KeePass is a very good tool to manage your passwords, if you have many devices. Computers, Smartphones, Tablet. There is a Chrome- and Firefox - AddOn and many other mobile Apps (e.g. for android, iOS, ...). U can use it everywhere and the sync capabilities are just working fine. Everything is synced, every information in your password library.

The two factor authentication is also working well, it gives you more safeness on your passwords.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Browser included apps are quite buggy. Passwords are not being prefilled, the url matching to automatically fill the correct forms is not accurate or even not working, the form to enter new passwords is sometimes a bit strange and tricky to use.

Basic-Auths in Browsers is also not working in Chrome, which is a important feature missing.

In my opinion also missing is a tool to use it on a console, to use that on a server or somewhere. A way to store ssh-keys is also missing, which would be a nice feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If u are on a basic usage, don't need your password to be filled into basic auth and you want a simple to use service, than this is perfect for you.

I am registered at a lot online platforms and services. While managing all my server I need a lot passwords. So this is what I use this for and it is working well, but there are some nice features missing.

LastPass review by <span>Tara M.</span>
Tara M.

"Great for remembering passwords - saves time and energy!"

What do you like best?

I like how you can sign in and it will auto-fill your passwords , and every time you type a new password it can be added to your "vault"

What do you dislike?

There were some glitches at the beginning when people couldn't share passwords with me unless I signed into Last Pass

We had a lot of very basic passwords because we couldn't remember them all, but with this we were able to make them more complicated and not worry about forgetting - so they became more secure and easier to type in!

LastPass review by <span>Jesse J.</span>
Jesse J.

"I only know 3 passwords, everything else is random and saved in LastPass"

What do you like best?

It's easy to create new random passwords, I can access my passwords on desktop, mobile, and iPad. The Security Check feature helps you identify easy ways to improve your security.

What do you dislike?

At first glance, it seems to complicated to my non-technical friends, so I have a hard time convincing more people to use it. Some/many mobile apps don't support integrated LastPass, so I have to take the extra steps of: opening LastPass, searching for the app name, copying the password, switching back to the app, pasting the password. Even worse, some (very few) apps don't support pasting passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you import all of your old, insecure passwords into LastPass, set an appointment for yourself to spend 15-20 minutes each week by running the Security Audit and change 10-15 old passwords to new, secure ones.

Using duplicate passwords is worse than using simple passwords, so LastPass makes it so that I can use unique randoms just about everywhere I go.

LastPass review by <span>Victoria Z.</span>
Victoria Z.

"My brain is very grateful for LastPass - too. many. passwords."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Auto-populating passwords is the most important thing for me as a social media manager. I need to log into many accounts in a day and having that speed is super important.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems to malfunction and not auto-populate. I think anything I don't like is probably my own fault though for messing things up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a life saver!

I work with lots of clients and their social media accounts, so I HAVE to have something like this. I know there are other options for similar programs, but LastPass has never given me a reason to consider jumping over to a different one.

LastPass review by <span>Emily I.</span>
Emily I.

"Keep your team unified and secure"

What do you like best?

Our company can all access the same passwords for accounts that the whole company needs access to—without unsafe password sharing or buying a lot of unnecessary licenses, in instances when one license is all that's needed for the entire company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find that LastPass glitches for me or is slow to load... it'll ask me to login multiple times within a few minutes, or it won't load the correct password on the first try. Small problems in light of the benefits for me, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of this awesome product! Especially if your company uses a lot of web apps or accounts, this can be a really good tool to increase usability and transparency—without buying a lot of unnecessary user licenses.

LastPass allows us to encourage transparency and knowledge across our organization by sharing access to key apps and accounts. This process is totally seamless and cuts down on a lot of back-and-forth between team members. It also protects key accounts against any possible security breaches by past employees.

LastPass review by <span>Miranda F.</span>
Miranda F.

"Mind not a steel trap? No problem!"

What do you like best?

We've recently switched to using lastpass to store our department passwords for shared logins. After the switch there has been a lot less getting locked out of accounts due to incorrect passwords too many times.

What do you dislike?

The one downside of this service so far is that it does not update the password automatically, we we have to refresh/log out/back in to see changes others have made to passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure others within your organization are aware this service is not automatically updating for all users

We are taking less time to get into our clients by having our passwords all loaded in one area that is accessible to only our dept and only our dept can see and change the information.

LastPass review by <span>Janna G.</span>
Janna G.

"Still trying to figure it out."

What do you like best?

As an agency we have to secure all our clients passwords and logins information - plus we have to be able to securely share access with our team members, without revealing the actual password. This has been great for that. We can create client directories / folders and share all or some of the sites.

What do you dislike?

Ok - here is the real deal - I still, after several years - have to have somebody on my team help with setting up the folders (vaults). Getting help through customer service has deemed itself to be an impossible task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set this up correctly the first time - it will save you a massive headache later! The app on android devices works way better than on iOS.

Ensuring that our client's information is secure is number one. Second is making it easy for our entire team to quickly and efficiently make changes and updates to websites, social sites and even our own CRM systems and tools. LastPass is a sigh of relief.

LastPass review by <span>Agnė .</span>
Agnė .

"Amazing password manager"

What do you like best?

I love that it helps me to manage huge amounts of passwords both personal and work related. I also like that there is a multifactor authentication option.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have problem with generating and filling new passwords.

Also it would be nice if it will be a bit cheaper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it yourself and you wont regret it.

We are sharing passwords for some accounts and LastPass makes it easier to do that. Also we are sure it is secure to share passwords using LastPass.

LastPass review by <span>Steven A.</span>
Steven A.

"System Admin's best friend"

What do you like best?

I like that LastPass has plug-ins that simply works. At the end of the day, for someone like myself who has multiple sign-ons for each platform, LastPass makes it simple to administer the system as the user you intended to login as.

What do you dislike?

Some webpages are designed a bit more clunky than others or with more frames, credential dialog box then lastpass likes to handle. In these instances the user needs to go through extra steps in the plugin for 'Copy UserName/Password' because the Autofill doesn't work very well. I also have issues with using the platform on mobile. Albeit I have not tried a whole lot it appears to me that when I have I am required to use a propretary web browser for mobile aka LastPass Browser. I which there was functionality with google core apis to simply work in google chrome mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! Better than anything I have used, be it 1Password, Roboform, OneSign SSO

As a system admin I am required to sign in as an admin, front end user, and back end user to many different business systems. Not to mention, some of these systems I also have personal relationships with. All together, it is a lot of passwords. Each with different parameters. Last Pass makes it simple as a system admin to simple, forget passwords and leave it to LastPass

LastPass review by <span>Dustin H.</span>
Dustin H.

"Simple, Reliable Password Management Solution "

What do you like best?

LastPass makes it easy to track various passwords across numerous sites. The vault feature works as an online repository for passwords, it also automatically organizes the website passwords by website type.

What do you dislike?

On mobile Android, getting LastPass to work when you get to a site can be hit or miss. The two-step authentication sometimes decides to not accept Google authorized codes - which means you then can't use the mobile solution at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a team that needs to share passwords, their enterprise option is a great way to simplify this workflow and keep your team's accounts and systems safe.

I use LastPass to manage passwords and keep track of the many sites I log into on a regular basis.

LastPass review by <span>Robert C.</span>
Robert C.

"LastPass is smarter than you when it comes to securing passwords"

What do you like best?

LastPass is relatively inexpensive even if using the premium features of sharing and having data available via mobile devices. The Security Challenge tool is a nice way of reminding you to change old PWs and look for duplicates. The password generator includes options to include/exclude characters and the copy/paste username/password functions. It took a while to convert my passwords into LastPass as I chose to do it in one sitting (deleting saved PWs from Chrome) but you could do it gradually through LastPass's offer to remember to save password function.

What do you dislike?

There are several instances where updating a password does not "save" in the app. There are on-screen indicators that prompt you to make changes or confirm changes but doesn't seem to "take" 100% of the time. The workaround is to go into the vault and grab the password it should be and manually change the PW from the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have LastPass installed in the browser as well as on a mobile device. There are some instances where it is faster to pull the PW from the phone and manually enter than to install on a guest computer. The software and the app remember your master password until you restart the device or manually logout.

Password and PII security. In addition to passwords, I've included banking information and form fill information. I'm also using secure notes to keep other records.

LastPass review by <span>Susan B.</span>
Susan B.

"Thank Goodness for LastPass"

What do you like best?

I love that it stores all of your passwords in one easy, accessible place. I use it personally and for a company I currently work for and it's saved my life more than once. Just make sure you don't lose your lastpass password, that's the only one you'll really need to remember!

What do you dislike?

I don't love that it's sometimes a pain to sign in from a different location. I understand the security aspect is important but when I need a password quick it can be an annoyance. With my company you do have to pay a fair amount to have everyone in the team access, which is a bummer. But for personal use the free version is awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a secure place to keep all of your login credentials, you need LastPass. Google docs and stickie notes are great and all but LastPass allows for a much more organized system.

With so many systems with different passwords flying around, LastPass has been great for keeping all of them in one place. It has helped me personally as a manager of most of these systems to keep everything together and accessible.

LastPass review by <span>Grant H.</span>
Grant H.

"Keep it secret, keep it safe"

What do you like best?

I have no idea what my passwords are, and it's amazing. Working in the tech industry, there are many security protocols to adhere to and LastPass makes it easy to not worry about password security or management. All you need is your master key and you're set to go. Every other site you sign into has an immensely secure password that is a click away.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as long as you remember what your master password is!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget your master password, it's can be a pain to retrieve your account.

Security protocols require encrypted passwords and data, this allows an easy management system, and also allows shared services to have one easy to access password for multiple users.

LastPass review by <span>Manjunath B.</span>
Manjunath B.

"Convenient way to share keys "

What do you like best?

Creating fodders and organization of keys

What do you dislike?

Mac UI isn't very intuitive and you'd have to go to the web interface for a few things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to share keys and passwords at work. Highly recommend for implementing security at scale in any organization. Makes it easier for the security/IT teams to share passwords with the rest of the company . Not just that, it makes it easier to share anything with anyone that is secure.

Share passwords with in the organization.

LastPass review by <span>Abby W.</span>
Abby W.

"Simple, secure way to be smarter with security"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use UI, great app, lots of extra security features, and the security checkups and alerts really help me be smart and feel safe.

What do you dislike?

Passwords in general suck, so I hope that LastPass keeps innovating and trying to figure out better, safer alternatives to passwords - even when the majority of websites still require them.

Manage personal passwords, allow for multiple accounts (business, personal, testing, etc) for the same site, kept in order, all with randomized characters, changed at regular intervals for maximum security.

LastPass review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"From Noob to Devotee & why you need Last Pass for client work"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that whether you are a business or just using this for personal use you can easily set it up within a few minutes. All it takes is for your to log in once, then a small little window will ask you if you want to save the log in information you just entered.

When working in teams you simply select the sites you wish to share passwords to and share them via Invite, all while still maintaining control over the passwords and access to them, but not divulging them to the team.

What do you dislike?

There is no feature that allows you to track the time that you use each site in here. From a productivity standpoint that is the only thing missing from this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool saves me so much time on a daily basis. I simply go to the sites I need for work and it just logs me right in, and I still have the option of doing it manualy if I like. Plus I'm in control of my own passwords- so I don't need to call IT for a password lockout/or access.

Speaking of passwords - mine are now much more varied as lastpass automatically alerts you if you are coming up with too many similar log-ons. Last Pass even has a password generator that you can use to help make your overall expierence more secure.

But best off all not matter what platform I am on- tablet, PC, or smartphone I can access LastPass. That is seemless intergration at it's finest!

Problems we're solving =Granting access to team members without comprimising password security.

Benefits = this platform also analyzes the password strengths and frequency then provides feedback to you/your team, which leads us to develop better passwords.

LastPass review by User in Computer Software

"LastPass Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all my passwords are in one place and I can easily see passwords for other websites without first going to that website. It makes it convenient to see what passwords are already stored, and if I need to add any to the list. The addition of two factor authentication was also very needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish security was a little higher, it seems that LastPass has only had a few issues since I've started using it. However, I think there are a few differences with the free version and the premium versions. I also believe the mobile application could be updated a little more, to make it a little easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Those considering LastPass don't need to look far as the competitors to LastPass do not provide some of the same features. For example, Chrome's built in password management does not have two factor authentication which I believe some users would find very valuable.

The business problem I was solving with LastPass is the fact that multiple users need to remember some of the same passwords for the same websites, so this has a unified way of sharing the password without revealing what my password actually was which I appreciate in terms of security. I believe we became more efficient, especially for the accounts that were shared and security was not an issue.

LastPass review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Centralized Password Management - Makin' It Easy"

What do you like best?

Lastpass Enterprise has been able to get even the most die-hard post-it note user to move into the 21st century. The ability to sync between systems and safely use side-by-side personal and enterprise accounts has made the rollout more palatable to our users.

What do you dislike?

There are still some concerns with the system's ability to recognize when a password has been entered/updates on sites, but for the most part it generally is able to spot the change and prompt to update the saved credentials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of other competitors out there. Lastpass is great for password management and shared credentials. These features are also available with other IAM and MFA products - check your mix of existing security products to see whether this has the right kind of overlap you are looking for.

We needed to find a solution to sharing necessary shared-credentials to certain systems. The system of spreadsheets and password protected files was not tenable.

LastPass review by <span>Russell H.</span>
Russell H.

"Helpful for storing and organizing all your passwords."

What do you like best?

You have great control over your passwords. Easily update and organize into your passwords into categories makes it easy to share with family and coworkers as necessary.

What do you dislike?

You have to install last pass across all your devices in order to get the passwords to sync. Not too much of a deal breaker but keep it in mind if you use LastPass's auto-generate password feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just using it on your desktop/laptop the auto-password generator is great. otherwise be sure to install the app on your mobile devices as well.

As a freelancer I have my personal set of passwords and well as passwords I share with clients. LastPass helps easily collaborate and share password access.

LastPass review by <span>Eliot A.</span>