LastPass

LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Work for LastPass?

Learning about LastPass?

LastPass Reviews

Showing 430 LastPass reviews
LastPass review by Benjamin E. J.
Benjamin E. J.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LastPass
LastPass review by Desiree J.
Desiree J.

"LastPass helps me and my business remember our passwords!"

What do you like best?

I like how LastPass is a browser extension that can be used offline! There are many password managers that require an internet connection, which is not helpful when using intranet facilities. There are so many options, such as filling out secure notes, forms, and generating secure passwords. LastPass also puts our business's passwords to the test by trying to guess our passwords and telling us if they were successful!

What do you dislike?

We dislike how LastPass is set by default to not warn us before filling insecure forms. This does not keep us fully safe from hijacking. We also dislike how LastPass doesn't log off automatically by default. This means that I have to remember to log off before I stop using LastPass to log into my business's intranet accounts, used for accessing private content such as our company's top-secret commercials and website updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using LastPass, go to the preferences, and tell LastPass to warn you when filling an insecure form. Also, log off each time you are finished using LastPass.

LastPass helps me remember the passwords to our business's Amazon S3 services, WordPress login, and Intranet login. We have never before had a completely offline password manager, and LastPass lets us even save a disabled One Time Password locally for Account Recovery. There are also such helpful hotkeys to help us fill in the next and previous logins in the event of multiple instances, with the hotkeys Meta+Page!

What Password Manager solution do you use?

LastPass review by Sam O.
Sam O.

"An absolute game-changer for the enterprise"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage shared folders and pushing passwords into our user's vaults. The AD integration is fantastic and makes management a breeze providing you have a well structured AD. The enterprise options with the CSV uploading of bulk accounts into the system is also great as it means we can set up a lot of new starters accounts for various systems at the same time and push their login information into their vaults so they are all ready for onboarding.

What do you dislike?

At times I have found that the system can be unreliable after an update has been released. It seems to not decrypt the vault properly. Also mobile experience is not great at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to set up your shared vaults and your structures properly before you go live as it will make things so much easier to manage. Use the AD connector tool to sync your users and groups in so that you can simply approve them as they are created in your environment. Be sure to set up policies for security so that your users can only use it how you would like them to use it. Only allow access to to view and administer vaults to users that need it so that passwords don't need to be changed when staff members leave the company.

Not having users asking constantly to reset passwords or what their account information is for particular systems

LastPass review by Crystal S.
Crystal S.

"As promised"

What do you like best?

This is a no nonsense program that does exactly what it says it will. It is accessible anywhere, anytime, but not by everyone. I have no concerns about the safety of delicate/secure data we have saved and love the decrease in headaches and time lost trying to remember passwords for various sites or agencies.

What do you dislike?

Sorting is more difficult than I'd like. Many of our sites don't automatically go to the folders they should and when you've got nearly 100 passwords it's annoying having to scroll past dozens of non-applicable sites to get to the one you need. Drag and drop functionality would be loved!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! You won't be disappointed and will be amazed at the time you save and the ease of dealing with paswords.

Some of the government sites we use require passwords to change every 30-60 days and have very complex guidelines. Last pass is an amazing tool that not only remembers and auto fills those passwords, but can generate qualifying ones as well. So it's a time saver, a frustration remover, and all around life saver...

LastPass review by Federico J.
Federico J.

"Saves me a lot of time and frustration every single day"

What do you like best?

I work online all day and use a ton of apps and services during the day. If I had to remember my password for each one of those, I would have gone mad a long time ago.

LastPass stores all of my login credentials and helps me sign in to my online apps with just a couple of clicks, every time. I don't have to worry about remembering my passwords, keeping a text file with them (huge security issue!) or even typing my login credentials every time I want to log in somewhere.

I can also share credentials with other people (without them seeing my password). This helps immensely when you work with clients and need to log in to their services. They can simply install the LastPass extension and share their logins with you.

What do you dislike?

Lately I had to log out and in again from my LastPass account to receive and store credentials that are shared with me. This doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the Chrome extension and store the credentials to your the services you use regularly. You'll get a feeling of how much time you can save in just a few days using the tool.

Securely storing all of my online credentials. I can share credentials with others in a simple and secure way. Saves hours of time every month from logging in and out from online services.

LastPass review by Diana A.
Diana A.

"Great For Securely Sharing Passwords Across Different Teams/Departments"

What do you like best?

Able to customize share settings, making some private, others for specific team members, and others for anyone within the organization.

What do you dislike?

No as intuitive to use as some other integrations. It is easy to use it as a filing system for securely storing and sharing passwords but the more automated functions require a little more thought/set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great because you can securely store and share passwords, you just need to know your master login information. It also has helpful features to search for accounts, organize them by type of account, and have both your personal and professional account information all in one spot without sharing access with everyone in your organization (only the ones you want to share).

Instead of having a spreadsheet of passwords, this allows us to store them more securely and customize who gets access to which account information within the organization.

LastPass review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Perfect for Business and Personal Use"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to be able to securely store all (personal and business) passwords in one location. I also like the Security Challenge. It lets you know when two sites have the same password, a password hasn't been changed in an extended period of time, or if the site has recently been breached. I have slowly been going through my passwords and switching them. I really like the password generator as well. You can generate a random password (super long) and you only need to be logged into LastPass and it'll insert the login information for you so you don't have to remember the passwords. This increases your data security.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is the iPhone app has the capability to use TouchID, but mine is hit or miss. A lot of times it will make me type in the password every time. It isn't a big deal, but I created a long password so It takes me a minute to type it in. Other than that, I don't have too many issues with it. It works like it should and I feel better about my data security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what LastPass can do, the cost is really minimal. It seems like more organizations are starting to offer it to their employees. It not only protects you as an individual, but the company as well. Whether you are considering it for yourself or your company, I would highly recommend looking into it. There is a free version so I would start there. It is easy to get hooked!

LastPass is helping to keep all of my data safe. It allows me have one less concern. It also makes it easier to keep track of both work and home passwords so I don't have to make them similar or write them down.

LastPass review by Teresa K.
Teresa K.

"Love this app!"

What do you like best?

Two things...I love that I only have to remember one password. I have hundreds of passwords as I do client work, and LastPass has made my business life so much easier! The second feature I love about LastPass is that it just works - all the time!

What do you dislike?

I find that sometimes LastPass doesn't work as well in Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't stress enough the importance of having strong passwords for everything you do. Allow yourself the peace of mind to have these strong passwords yet only have to remember one by using LastPass.

I am able to sign into client sites faster with LastPass, making the work I do for them faster and easier. I am also providing security to my clients by using LastPass and not storing passwords in emails, notebooks or phones. The benefit I've realized is that I can travel and never worry about forgetting a client password and this saves me so much time and worry.

LastPass review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"No need for handwritten password cheatsheets anymore"

What do you like best?

I used to have a very exhaustive list of usernames and passwords hidden beneath my keyboard -- obviously not the most effective (or secure) way to save this info. The worst was when I forgot to update the sheet to the most recent password; you'd get denied three times; your account would lock and then you're on hold with customer service for ten minutes trying to get in. With LastPass, you never need to write down another password again. You can rest assured knowing all your login info you handily and safely stored and accessible whenever (yes, even on your phone/tablet!) you need it. Brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (and it's rare), my vault will list the password for my LastPass login as the password for each site in my vault. It's a bizarre and rare occurrence but can be remedied if I back out of the window and try again.

My team and I take advantage of the sharing feature quite a bit. I also love that you can login to all your saved sites with one single click. The autofill feature does the rest. The secure notes feature is also super handy for storing things like important phone numbers.

LastPass review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"How did we survive without apps like LastPass?"

What do you like best?

Pre-lastpass, if one wanted to create a 'secure' password, you'd concoct some silly memorable phrase, using it over and over. And then someone in the Ukraine would figure it out and take over your digital life wholesale. Well, maybe just the figuring out part happened, but we know, thanks to the elevation of the former sysadmins to security officers, that passwords should never be reused, and the less memorable the better. Whereto now, then? Post-its in your desk drawer? That worked until your officemate found them and changed your tinder profile for the worse. Enter Lastpass, your one stop shopping solution to afford your digital self security and let you go wild creating accounts on every website you find. Just counted and I have 101 accounts stored in Lastpass. And I even clean up occasionally. Quite different than 101 post-its in my desk drawer.

What do you dislike?

Not their fault, but the wide variety HTML/javascript implementations of account creation and login forms on websites makes it difficult for th app to always know what to do. Easy workarounds exist though. Missing is a multi-folder sharing for premium users, pretty important with anyone seeking to share with a family member

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other solutions exist and best to evaluate, esp after documenting the use cases for the product

At work we improved staff security in a big way by onboarding them with the enterprise version, especially as their formerly terrible passwords (eg their dog's name and childs birthday) went by the wayside

LastPass review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Lastpass for password management"

What do you like best?

I think these days it's pretty hard not to use a password manager with the abundance of accounts we have to keep up with. I like having everything in one central spot, and the ability to generate random text passwords. Being able to keep secure notes and credit card info is nice as well.

What do you dislike?

I guess the whole concept of a password manager is a security engineer's nightmare. Particularly those like LastPass that are hosted online by a 3rd party. If you feel like you cannot trust them to keep your information secure, you should probably look elsewhere. It leaves me sort of torn...It makes me more secure by helping me have different (and randomized) passwords for various accounts, but I know my data is sitting on someone else's servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are comfortable knowing your data is stored elsewhere. Research the competitors as there are some. Keep in mind to get the full functionality you will need to pay the monthly/annual subscription. Also note, they have family plans now.

I have the added benefit of being able to use the service on my mobile device as well. I see these features are starting to become baked into the phone operating systems now, but I still like the universal use I get out of LastPass.

LastPass review by Kristi M.
Kristi M.

"A secure place for all of your passwords"

What do you like best?

In the beginning, I was hesitant to use LastPass, however, it's turned out to be a very secure and safe way to share passwords. Working as an independent contractor, I often need access to client information. Whether it's access to their credit card for ordering or accessing email - LastPass is a really easy way to do it without having to share or give away your actual password. Last Pass allows you to store a multitude of secure information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it stops working and I have to clear out my cache which can be pretty annoying. Other times, I have had issues with sharing something but usually it resolves in a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use.

Secure environment to share passwords and access to sites without having to show or share with someone your actual password.

Sharing passwords in a secure manner without having to see others or allow others to see your passwords. Makes it really easy to share access to sites and credit cards in just minutes. Easy to sign up and learn.

LastPass review by Shane O.
Shane O.

"Don't try to remember all of your passwords ever again"

What do you like best?

LastPass makes it easy to not only store all of the passwords that you use online each day, but also to generate more secure passwords for added security. Too many times I've used passwords that weren't as secure or were easier to guess just for the sake of simplicity or so that they were easier to remember.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of using LastPass is that if you need to use a public computer to login to a favorite website, it isn't easy to remember/use the stored passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even when using the free version, you get plenty of great features. It's especially helpful to not have to worry about remembering or writing down passwords where someone could find them. The passwords generated don't use common words or phrases and you can easily adjust the generated passwords to match the requirements of the sites that you need to log in to. No longer will you need to remember which sites use special characters, uppercase, etc.

LastPass allows for a much more secure online login experience. By generating passwords that can't be easily guessed and storing those passwords for users so that they don't have to remember them, it allows you to focus on being productive.

LastPass review by Madeline S.
Madeline S.

"Best Option for the Price"

What do you like best?

I am a LastPass team administrator. I love that I can create one card with login credentials and share it with a team of people at once. I can also alter who in the team can view the password and who cannot. LastPass also allows me to update passwords and share them quickly with colleagues. From what i can tell it's the best password sharing tool for the price.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin? LastPass in general is slow. Everything takes twice as long as you think it would. If you are sharing passwords with others, the password does not always appear in their account right away. If you are using the chrome extension, you will definitely need to learn how to refresh the extension to make sure you have access to your passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Take your time when implementing*

If you are implementing LastPass for your entire team, give them a period of 1-2 weeks to become familiar with it before you make your full transition. We used LastPass and an additional password storing system for over a year until one day our Operations team decided to solely switch to LastPass. My company was not prepared for that large of a change at once and it created lots of issues.

LastPass allows my team to all have access to the same accounts without having to keep our passwords in a google sheet or written down on a piece of paper. It keeps everything secure and organized.

LastPass review by Will W.
Will W.

"This is essential if you have multiple site logins (and who doesn't?)"

What do you like best?

LastPass is one place to keep all my usernames and passwords. And I can access them from any device. Plus I can group my passwords by categories that I can create -- for business, personal, etc. Once I started using LastPass, I couldn't imagine my digital life without it. I used ProbForm previously, but prefer LastPass.

What do you dislike?

Some features just don't seem to always work as expected. Like when I click the Launch button to open a saved website and automatically log in, it doesn't always fill in the username and password. But I can still view my saved username and password and then copy/paste or just type it in. It also seems fussy about working consistently across different browsers.

The problem that LastPass solves is keeping track of all the logins that are needed in our current digital world. And having the ability to log in to any site where I have an account. It's one place to keep all my usernames and passwords. And I can access them from any device. Plus I can group my passwords by categories that I can create -- for business, personal, etc. I do worry about keeping all my passwords in one place (what if LastPass got hacked?!?), but until there is a better alternative, LastPass works for me.

LastPass review by Jordan N.
Jordan N.

"How did I live without it?"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that my passwords are securely stored in a central location. In addition to that, I can generate long passwords easily, and also use 2-factor authentication.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I didn't know about it sooner! No, but in all honesty, there is very little I dislike about it, if at all. The only thing that may need improvement would be more integration with mobile apps, but I do realize this isnt the fault of Lastpass, but rather the app developers themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lastpass is a wonderful tool to help streamline productivity as well as secure your passwords in a central location for many users to access. I highly recommend using the product with a 2-factor authentication device, such as Yubikey as well for added security.

I can securely store my passwords and generate secure passwords that I wouldnt be able to remember otherwise. It also is great way to store company credit card information without having to write it down on a piece of paper.

LastPass review by Anshula C.
Anshula C.

"Takes a lot of startup time, the UI isn't great, but it does the job"

What do you like best?

When Lastpass works, it just works. It also makes it possible to share groups of passwords (operation passwords, finance passwords, product, etc.) instantly with the right employees. The Security Challenge also helped us increase the company's online security in a semi-gamified way. It also saves time in our day-to-day work.

What do you dislike?

It took a ton of time spent setting up folders, organizing passwords, and doing the initial socializing with the team. The latter is because Lastpass does take a change in user behaviour. You have to remember to log into Lastpass, remember to save passwords in a clunky UI, and then remember to select the password when logging in. The UI is also not great, even with recent UI updates. Sometimes pages have downright childish fonts (big, red, bold, Calibri, static on the page) in place of error messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To get full use out of this product, invest time upfront. Research the use of folders as a way of sharing passwords, map folders to business functions, and then share passwords. This approach will let you share the right passwords with the right people simply.

When Lastpass is used right, it really begins to pay for itself. All staff have access to the write passwords without compromising security. Perhaps as important - You can take away access as easily. When new staff come on board, they easily get up to speed on our infrastructure - None of that time-wasting "Hey, do you have the login credentials to our video conferencing, product demo, etc.". UI upgrades make the whole thing a lot nicer to use, particularly when compared to a couple of years ago. Lastpass is now a product that can scale with our company.

LastPass review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"LastPass has just become part of life now"

What do you like best?

I have 20+ character randomised passwords for all sites I use. The number of combinations this could be is mind-blowing. I never have to remember passwords, and LastPass automatically fills in the sign in fields when I land on a site (most of the time, the occasional site doesn't work, but it's pretty quick to use the Chrome extension to search and copy the password). You just login to LastPass once in the morning (or you can stay logged in on a trusted computer), and that's it. Combined with two-factor authentication, and you're way more secure than most people.

Another excellent feature is the security check you can run. It will process all the passwords you have and give you an overall score, and advice on how to become more secure (it highlights duplicate passwords, old passwords, weak passwords, etc). It also checks whether any email addresses you use have been compromised by known security hacks. Very useful.

What do you dislike?

I worry about having all my passwords stored in one place. Obviously, they're security experts, so they must be pretty hard to crack. But, ya know, people hack the NSA, so... But it's much more secure than having easily crackable, repeated passwords on sites across the internet. Also, passwords are not automatically filled in when logging into a site on a smartphone. I have to open the LastPass app (albeit quickly with finger print entry) and then copy the password and paste it into the site I'm trying to access. To be honest, it's not a massive issue, but it is a bit of a pain (maybe I've just got used to it). But the normal desktop experience is very smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not checked out its competitors. So I'd obviously recommend doing that. But in all honesty, I've found no reason to switch services. LastPass has made me more secure online and made logging into sites way more convenient. And so it's good value at $12 or so dollars per year (or whatever it is).

Avoiding getting hacked. I have peace of mind knowing I'm one of the secure internet users. It saves a tonne of time logging into sites (I have several hundred stored passwords, I probably only use a couple of dozen regularly, but it's amazing how many sites you need passwords for). You open the site. Email and password fields just auto fill. And you click to sign in. Simple. Honestly, I don't know how people stay secure online without a password manager, like LastPass.

LastPass review by Housam Z.
Housam Z.

"Great Tool to Store Your Passwords"

What do you like best?

In addition to this password vault being a very smart idea to store your passwords, without the need to remember every one of them, I like the feature of generating a secure password, especially with the ability to control the complexity of the password, and then it stores it automatically.

I like that the application is becoming smarter with recognising forms in the page.

I like how easy it's to use it on a webpage, as it has an icon in the browser bar, icons on forms when it detects them in web pages, and a sub-menu in the context menu (Mouse right click menu).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I open the website from my mobile or tablet, things are not in their right position, the website really suffers from poor responsivity on handheld devices. On the other hand, one of the problems that I don't like about it is that my workplace has many websites with a central password management system, which means a single password to login to all of the work websites, but for Lastpass, it's as if I am using a duplicate passwords for multiple passwords, and it keeps giving me warning about this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this application to be a central password management especially for people like me who need to use multiple browsers at the same time.

I solved the problem of using a single password for many websites, which makes my online presence more secure. Add to that, I don't have to remember all of my 400 current passwords. The feature of form filling gives a great solution for all those registration forms by just a single click.

LastPass review by Felipe L.
Felipe L.

"Best password manager"

What do you like best?

Integration with multiple browsers and one of the best mobile apps. Also it has multiple forms to save passwords, credit cards, server information, ftp login, etc. I love the price, because it's no expensive for a company like us.

What do you dislike?

When it saves a new password I can't select a folder to save it. I must do it manually. Sometimes it misunderstand if I'm creating a new account or if I'm loging in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, even is easy to migrate from other password managers. It has multi browser support and mobile app.With the mobile app I've never have any problem. Also it recognizes every site with a password and user field, so it's very easy to save new password. One interesting feature, is that they run a security analysis tu verify how many times are you using the same password. When you're creating a new account it automatically recognizes that, so it recommends you to create a random password.

Remembering over hundred of passwords from different services, servers, ftp, credit cards, even id cards. One of the best features is that I can share accounts with other employees in a very secure way.

LastPass review by Bogdan P.
Bogdan P.

"Simple and Secure"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that i don't have to remember any passwords. It's great that LastPass stores my passwords securely and they are accessible across my devices. I get the simplicity of only remembering one password and the security of hashed passwords! This coupled with their Touch ID and Face ID support on IOS makes it even easier to access my passwords!

What do you dislike?

Not a flaw of the product but it can be a bummer that you have to manually type in a 24 character password on a system that doesn't allow you to access your LastPass account such as a Playstation 4. It also was a bummer to hear that last pass had a security issue with it's browser plugin less than a year ago.

I mainly use lastpass for my personal use and have found it to be great for speed and efficiency when accessing accounts

LastPass review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Saves a ton of time"

What do you like best?

If you manage client's accounts and are logging in and out of them all day, LastPass is a life saver! Saves tons of time each and every day for us and is a god send for people who have issues remembering passwords. Since I use multiple computers during the week (work computer, home computer, laptop) LastPass makes it easy to have all the same information on all the devices.

What do you dislike?

When selecting a username and password for login, I wish it prioritized the logins that you've used recently so it is easier to select... but, other than that, it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The paid version allows groups/sharing of passwords and folders, which is super nice if your team uses the same passwords over and over.

I store all of my credentials for logging into websites using LastPass, it allows us to have a central location that is the same on all my devices.

LastPass review by Guy M.
Guy M.

"Easy to use, saves me time, multi-device ready"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to save and access your passwords on LastPass. I have the premium plan, so I have my account linked on all my devices - laptop, iPhone, and iPad. This makes it easy for me to access my passwords whenever I need them.

On my laptop, I have my LastPass account integrated into Safari and Chrome which allows login fields to be automatically populated with my login credentials. This saves me a ton of time and stress! This makes it easier for me to be able to get work done on business accounts and to sign into my personal accounts.

Also, the mobile app is really easy to use and works well with touch id or face id on an iPhone. So if you need to log into accounts from your phone you can tap to copy the username or password. Again, this saves me time and stress which I like.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is if you have multiple accounts on the same website, for example, on Google. If you have more than one Gmail account then you may have the wrong login credentials auto-populate and you'll have to either click on the LastPass icon in the form field which is sometimes hidden under the Chrome password manager icon leaving you clicking around both icons to activate the LastPass option. You can also click on the lastPass icon on top of the browser menu and have it populate the correct login credentials that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you access accounts on more than one device then you should get the premium version. LastPass will save you a lot of time and stress so use it.

The need for very secure passwords, the need for secure password storage, and the need for password management.

LastPass review by Shahrooz F.
Shahrooz F.

"A perfect tool to get rid of all hassles for password management"

What do you like best?

It's almost everywhere even when I don't need it! It reminds me to keep the credentials when I'm registering on a new site and its cross-platform which makes it easy to access. One of the good features of LastPass is folders which can help you to categorize your credentials. Another great feature is credential sharing which you can share a specific username/password with anyone you like. Password generation is very easy and can be customized easily to have a complicated unbreakable password.

What do you dislike?

I don't remember anything to dislike. It perfectly solves all my problems with remembering secure info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just think for a moment that you need to remember only 1 password and you're done! It has everything you need to manage all your credentials. You can categorize all entries in different folders, you can share a credential with others for a period of time, you are able to save secure notes, it fills your online forms for you securely, and you have it on your browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Credential management such as username, password, form fills, generating powerful passwords, secure notes, etc.

A great use of this application is when you need to share a credential with someone else! It's a hassle always and almost for anyone but with LastPass, its a piece of cake! LastPass is a must tool for anyone who works in digital world as a regular user or even an admin!

LastPass review by Sean F.
Sean F.

"This is in my list of essentials."

What do you like best?

I no longer have to remember passwords. I can make them all long and unique, and be sure they are safe in LastPass. The security is so good that if I ever forgot my master password, not even LastPass staff could unencrypt my database for me. Way more secure than my own brain. Also, auto logging into websites and apps on my phone is wonderful as I hate typing on small touchscreens.

What do you dislike?

On some sites, the autofill feature fails. This usually happens when a site uses some weird dynamic popups or something for their login.

It saves me literally thousands of keystrokes. It also vastly ensures my security. If one of my accounts gets hacked, like my email, the fact that all my credentials are unique across the web means that vulnerabilities remain isolated.

LastPass review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"LastPass Review"

What do you like best?

Have a safe place to store passwords, not having to remember multiple passwords or re-login to applications/websites each time I use them.

What do you dislike?

Though it is helpful that they pop up and make it easy to quickly add a new password, they can be annoying and disruptive. Sometimes I have to check personal things at work (bank accounts etc) and I don't like it when lastpass asks if I want to add it. It is more intrusive than when Google for example asks me to add a password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe turn off notifications to add new passwords, because the notification for it can be annoying.

Not having to remember each password for the multiple resources/vendors I utilize daily for my job.

LastPass review by Phil K.
Phil K.

"Easy to use + great tool for secure credential sharing with clients"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool to offer to clients as a secure way for them to share sensitive credentials with us. It seems much more professional than asking them to send over email, and it's great to go back and find passwords shared weeks/months before.

What do you dislike?

The only two short comings I have: 1.) I wish our entire team had access to our clients shared passwords, or perhaps an admin could at least distribute shared passwords to other members on the team. 2.) The constant notifications to add site to LastPass can be quite aggravating when I'm browsing the web away from work, and don't want to add any of my personal sites to LastPass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Soo much better than sharing passwords via email or any sort of chat system. Highly recommend for software/tech companies that often need to get sensitive credentials from their clients - looks much more professional to request that passwords are shared via LastPass than just over email.

Quicker and safer way of having clients share their sensitive credentials with us. Main benefit is that you can always go back and find credentials, where the alternative (seeking through emails) can be quite difficult and time consuming.

LastPass review by User in Financial Services

"Password keeper for you and your clients"

What do you like best?

1. It has a free option

2. The security. Passwords and access can be shared securely.

3. All stored in one place with a master password. No tracking down all the logins and passwords all over the place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it tries to overwrite passwords and usernames when there is more than one log in available. Sometimes it tries to autofill items that do not qualify as a username and password and can cause problems throughout a site while inputting other information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay up to date on checking if LastPass is secure. You do not want an app you use to be the cause of a data breach in your firm.

I love that clients can securely share their passwords and take back access at any time. I never see their actual passwords. This helps streamline my workflow while remaining secure. It also helps our whole team work together on multiple clients.

LastPass review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Indespensible tool to improve security"

What do you like best?

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC.

Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start out with the free one and then keep upgrading as long as you feel it's necessary.

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

LastPass review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is nicely synced between my laptop and mobile device so it stores all of passwords which are now just fingertips away. Very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Apparently on the iPhone the LastPass app doesn't work as well I hear. When you use it on the phone, it launches the sites right in the app rather than launching the app you're working on so it's kinda tricky that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that will definitely help you manage your passwords by keeping them electronically accessible. Also the tool can generate secure passwords so that takes a load off that responsibility, which is confusing and time consuming.

basically just time and convenience of storing passwords on a piece of paper and going mad trying to find them. Also, LastPass can generate secure passwords easily so that in and of itself is AWESOME!!

LastPass review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Great Management, goes with you Anywhere."

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the interface and the sharing tools in LastPass. I have found that the mobile apps are very intuitive and are simple to open and find what I need quickly. I appreciate the password generator and quick fill functions in my browser.

What do you dislike?

I find it a bit much constantly authenticating and gaining access to the app. I recognize this is necessary for the security but I find it a bit much. I wish the quick fill function would work in the browser or apps on my phone. I also dislike that it plays a backseat to the auto password tools in the Chrome browser. I constantly have my passwords autofilled and often grabbing old passwords from the browser autofill that cause confusion with the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a stable password management tool that is among the best I have encountered.

It has been a great tool to sync our passwords in our team. Being able to share common passwords for Credit Cards or unique apps has been a game changer. Having a tool that works in all browsers and on my phone for authentication has been fantastic.

LastPass review by George B.
George B.

"LastPass Works Great, Keeps Me Organized"

What do you like best?

Lastpass is simple to use and tracks everything. I have credit card numbers stored in there as well as notes for each family member with SSNs, medical information , etc. And it's a breeze to share information with another person.

What do you dislike?

Some companies use a third party service on their site. This can cause LastPass to get confused about the actual site name and account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great. I've never needed customer support.

I'm able to share a password with a co-worker from the LastPass dashboard. I can also set "emergency contacts" who can log into LastPass if I am unable to and retrieve information. They don't have constant access--I'm immediately notified if they log in. This helps a lot with continuity, peace or mind, and collaboration.

LastPass review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"Great for remembering lots of various passwords when I only need to remember one."

What do you like best?

I like that I only need to remember the main password, especially for accounts where I'm forced to change my password every 90 days and can't use one I've ever used in the past. I have too many passwords to remember every time I have to change one!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to change passwords on certain sites in the administrative area in Last Pass because it didn't save changes I had made after updating the password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth at least trying to see how it can help.

Remembering many passwords and only needing to keep up with one. This makes logging in to these various sites far more efficient than scrolling through a spreadsheet.

LastPass review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Comprehensive Tool For Password Security"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how incredibly easy it is to generate secure passwords. When I'm filling out web forms, I'm prompted to create a password via LastPass. It takes mere seconds to create a high-security password.

What do you dislike?

I've never found anything that I dislike about LastPass. It's fairly user-friendly, though I did need to do a small amount of research to understand it. This is typical of any software though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple way to enhance security on your business accounts, give LastPass a shot. It's really as easy as possible to use. The free version is high-quality, so you don't have to pay if you're hesitant to use it.

I use LastPass to keep all of my business-related accounts secure. Examples include generating passwords for Google Docs, Google Drive, Gmail, LinkedIn, Wordpress, PayPal Business, and more. I benefit from this because I don't have to come up with complex passwords on my own - LastPass does the legwork for me.

LastPass review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"LogMeIn has made a great move adding this to their suite!"

What do you like best?

Most hacks are the result of weak passwords or disgruntled employees. LastPass brings the control of a fully deployed Microsft Active Directory to every company. In under a couple hours your IT person can see the overall health of your organization's passwords and then improve the score.

The end users get to swap out the many passwords (over 100 on average) for one Master Password. It's a HUGE time saver and keeps us from using the same password for our company email AND our online bank profile.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to make an argument for swapping a free "personal user" addition for a paid "enterprise account" until you see the admin panel. Not enough of us think about how vulnerable our ecosystems are to hack because of bad or reused passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some research on how many hacks have nothing to do with data encryption or network hacking. Most (80+%0 occur from bad passwords. They also leave you personly vulnerable to attacks if your employer is hacked as most of reuse passwords from work on our personal systems.

There are TONS of benefits. Strong passwords, easy active directory, and OATH management as well as multifactor authentication. If you hand out usernames & passwords for your ORG you should see this product.

LastPass review by Agency
Agency

"Never Forget a Password Again!"

What do you like best?

I love the chrome browser plugin because it will autofill your usernames and passwords as long as you are signed in, plus it will prompt you to add a new site's credentials to your vault upon account creation or when you sign onto a site that isn't already in your vault. I also love that I can access long-forgotten passwords, as long as I saved them at some point in the past.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to change my main password as often as it wants; however, I'm aware that this is actually a good thing, as anyone who can get access to this site would have a lot of really important information of mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must-have if you're forgetful or even if you manage several accounts for others. I also strongly encourage users to get the Chrome browser plugin to go along with it!

I manage accounts for myself, my business, and my clients. It would be impossible to keep them straight or log in quickly to a lot of these accounts without LastPass.

LastPass review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Maxed out security"

What do you like best?

I love how LastPass keeps track of passwords and usernames for all the platforms I have credentials for. These can be updated easily when passwords change. I also appreciate the level of security. There is two-step authentication, as well as an option to not type your password but rather click on the letters, numbers, and symbols. If you're leary of keylogger software infiltrating your computer, this is a great feature to further protect your passwords and usernames. Once logged in to LastPass, when I log in to a platform, it automatically fills in the information based on the account I am accessing.

What do you dislike?

The setup for LastPass was challenging at first when onboarding with my new position. But once I got the feel for it, I was rolling. The mobile app isn't my favorite either. I primarily use this on my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have access to accounts you believe are of high value, high security, reach a large audience, and do not want to be compromised, make the leap to LastPass. It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

LastPass helps securely store passwords for a wide variety of platforms and accounts. It has helped immensely when forgetfulness looms.

LastPass review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Makes things faster and easier"

What do you like best?

Nice to not have to remember a whole bunch of complicated passwords - we have to log in to a LOT of things and it would be much harder if we didn't use lastpass as it remembers your data and is easy to update

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets confused and doesn't know the right password for a specific site. For some sites, this makes things difficult as if you enter in the wrong password it messes things up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep things updated and vary your passwords for security

Quick and easy logins and remembering your data - allows me to work quickly because I don't have to stop and think about login info

LastPass review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Stellar Password Protection"

What do you like best?

The Chrome extension serves as a great reminder and tool for any new logins you don't have time to write down. You can get them converted to your LastPass account right away as a result.

What do you dislike?

There are points where you sense it will view almost anything that looks like a password as your official password - accordingly, you need to remain on your toes with any personal data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be alert with some areas of LastPass - not everything it copies or recognises as a password IS a password. In particular, finance/invoice related logins could be problematic.

I've introduced it at my workplace as a means to save our account passwords, and we can collaborate better as a result.

LastPass review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"This one is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this product is the fact that it can keep my Salesforce org logins straightened out for me. I help manage multiple Salesforce orgs and it is easy to get passwords/usernames switched around. Last Pass keeps all of the combinations together and makes it easy for one-click sign-on.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find a part of this tool that I dislike. I've had it for a little over a year now and have yet to have any issues or not do something I've needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are required to keep track of your passwords in any form, this is the product for you. It not only retains username/login combinations that you have but also has a password generator that can be used to create complex passwords for any site using their site requirements. It will then save that in the card for that website automatically for you. Finding passwords is very easy by locating and opening your vault of passwords and you can add endless amounts of passwords. One new feature that is also helpful is the Family protection where you can set up and manage passwords for your family.

Business problems are keeping track of all of my passwords for the myriad of software and utility tools that we use. It allows me to quickly get in and out of programs without having to track down the password I need in the stack of sticky notes sitting on my desk.

LastPass review by Cherise B.
Cherise B.

"Secure, Convenient, Organizable, Shareable"

What do you like best?

I love how secure LastPass is! Protected by a Master Password, and you can require password re-entry for some logins/notes. Highly organizable, easily lets me sort sites/notes into folders as needed. It's also easy to share LastPass. If you have a paid account, you can create a Shared Folder, and if you don't have a paid account, you can keep all shared items organized in folders as Accepted Share Offers. I love LastPass for work so much that I also use it for personal use! It also has a web browser extension for ease of logging into websites.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any dislikes for LastPass!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version works great! If you want to have Shared Folders, the paid version is well worth it. Just be sure to set a Master Password that you can remember, and make sure you set the Password Hint! If all else fails, they've got great support.

Secure storage of sensitive information, like credit cards. One easy place to save multiple passwords.

LastPass review by Andy P.
Andy P.

"Great for managing sensitive data!"

What do you like best?

We've been using LastPass for several years, and it keeps getting better and better. In addition to just keeping track of passwords, we use it to keep records of bank account numbers, credit cards, and a variety of other information. The ability to attach documents makes it even more powerful, as we can use specialized documents in our vault. It's really a very useful way to keep track of sensitive information.

We have the premium ($12/yr) version, which allows us to sync all of the LastPass information in our vault to our phones. This gives us the ability to have our passwords and other info with us everywhere we go.

The ability to have it autofill into apps on the phone is really nice, as is the automatic capture and fill for websites on the desktop. All in all, a really handy and useful addition!

What do you dislike?

No problems to report. It always works as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

We use it for both business and personal use. It allows us to be mobile and keep our sensitive data with us, but still secure.

LastPass review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Secure and sync-able"

What do you like best?

LastPass was recommended to me by a friend years ago but it took me some time to get on the bandwagon. I don't know why I waited so long to implement this great password manager!

LastPass securely stores your passwords and syncs them across all of your devices. It's "browser-agnostic," and you can use it on your mobile devices just as easily. The passwords are secured by a master password, and if you lose a device, you can easily activate LassPass on your new device and reclaim those lost passwords.

It also has some neat features, like secure form-filling, that can make online shopping quicker and easier.

What do you dislike?

The drawbacks to LastPass are similar to other password managers -- a single, potentially hackable point of entry for every password you have. LastPass has in fact been breached before, though I'm sure they are always improving security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're comfortable with using a password manager, there's no reason not to consider LastPass. It will offer security improvements in terms of using more secure passwords and minimizing repetition of passwords. It also helps when a device ends up broken, lost, or must be wiped. However, there is no single solution to password security that is always foolproof, so always monitor your accounts.

It's a great solution for freelancers who have (like me) so many different web apps and websites to utilize as we manage and promote our businesses (invoicing, social media, mailing lists, and more.)

LastPass review by Kyle J.
Kyle J.

"LastPass for password management"

What do you like best?

LastPass lets you put all your password into one location so you only have to really remember your lastpass password to get in anywhere. LastPass also uses dual authentication which makes me feel more secure about my password since for someone to log in and get access to all my passwords they would need my password and my phone (we use duo mobile for this process).

Another neat feature is that when you use the browser plugin it will automatically detect login forms so that you can autofill in your username and password with other form fields if needed. Last pass can be also used to generate complex passwords for you. It also will pull in your browser stored passwords and tell you which passwords are the same across all your accounts and recommends you to change them.

What do you dislike?

LastPass can be a little user unfriendly to none "techy" people. I usually have to help some coworkers with setting LastPass up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version. You will notice how easy it is to use and how nice it use not to have to remember 20334934349 passwords for all your accounts.

LastPass allows us to have secure passwords for all our accounts in one location. This helps us enforce our employees to have safe and secure passwords.

LastPass review by User

"Safety and Convenience All in One!"

What do you like best?

Last Pass keeps track of all my passwords, bank accounts, PIN numbers, confidential client information and even notes to myself. The information is right at my fingertips and Last Pass even logs me in to my accounts. It's safe because a master password or fingerprint is required to get into the vault!

What do you dislike?

The login feature doesn't work well when there are multiple layers of passwords or PINs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Bet you'll love it! They do offer a free trial, and even a free version. I personally upgraded!

The main thing is that it saves me time. Rather than having to navigate to every account to which I wish to log in, everything is on one page, in alphabetical order and I can navigate to account after account quickly, easily and seamlessly!

LastPass review by Chad C.
Chad C.

"Indispensable password manager great for personal use"

What do you like best?

LastPass lets me securely store and access hundreds of passwords and notes from my phone, work PC and home computer, regardless of platform. I'm a firm believer in strong passwords (I use https://xkpasswd.net/s/ to generate strong passwords), but strong passwords are impossible to _really_ remember. With LastPass, I can enter a new set of credentials on my PC and minutes later access it from my mobile device. There are options to secure LastPass pretty tightly too. You can enable two-factor authentication for the web version (which I use with Google Authenticator), you can set it to prompt for your master password every time you attempt to access the vault, or you can prompt for the master password for a site, at the site level. Having access on my mobile device is fantastic - LOVE the ability to sign in with my fingerprint. In web version, the search is a must and I use it literally every time I use LastPass. You can export your vault to a text file, print it out, and put it in your safety deposit box once a quarter.

What do you dislike?

On mobile (I'm on Android), getting LastPass to fire off when you get to a site in the vault can be tricky at best. Sometimes if I click back and forth from username to password fields, LastPass will come up and ask to fill in the creds. Most of the time, I have to login to LastPass first, then launch the app I want to log into. First world problem.

The folders design is sorta clunky - I hate using folders, as it limits me. Tags would be nice. The search makes up for this though, as it is great.

Password generator pretty lame and doesn't generate great passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable and use two-factor authentication with something like Google Authenticator. You are storing A LOT of valuable information in here, why would you not want to safeguard it as much as possible?

I'm using LastPass personally to store hundreds of sets of credentials, notes, software licenses, etc. It helps me keep my sanity and quickly and easily access sites without having to think about it at all.

LastPass review by Ligia D.
Ligia D.

"It's great for sharing access to people you don't know that well"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that I can share access to my accounts to others without having to share my personal password and I can also control when I want them to stop having access to those accounts. When I started working with my boss, this was vital for us. Now we've worked together for a long time and he trusts me enough to confide his passwords to me, but at first this was what helped us build that trust.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not that great, it's gotten better and it's great now that it's free. But it keeps popping up wherever I want to type something, even places that have nothing to do with signing up or logging in somewhere and I wasn't able to log into any google account through it while on my phone. It works great on my laptop though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's always great for laptop/desktop users, but if you need to access gmail on a mobile phone with it, at least on Android, it's not going to work out. However, it works great with gmail on desktop. It is very secure as a browser, since it asks for your password whenever you go from this app to another one and come back, so if you were browsing something you don't want anyone else who might get hands on your phone to see, this is the browser for you.

Like I said previously, it helps you give temporary or long-term access to people you don't necessarily trust enough to give permanent access or the passwords to your personal or business accounts.

LastPass review by Matías B.
Matías B.

"From a nice password vault to a Security Must"

What do you like best?

I have been using Lastpass for more than 3 years, I used it mainly as a password vault, like the one from the browser but with multiple device support.

But today it has become a security essential, there are so many passwords and so many breaches that it's impossible to keep up, Lastpass will let you know what sites had been publicly breached and make you change that password. One password per site is a great practice and this app makes it happen.

Sharing passwords showed to be very powerful, I work for a startup and it is a lot easier to share passwords with new people through the app. Even I do know who has access to what service now.

What do you dislike?

The UI ain't the best, sometimes the prompts doesn't show on chrome, or if you access subdomains with different user/pass this app will show you all the passwords available for the domain, but not the subdomain. You may change a setting to remember per subdomain but I don't want to change it for all of the sites, just some, otherwise developer.facebook.com will be different than facebook.com and thats annoying.

Sharing services credentials with my colleagues.

LastPass review by Lauren N.
Lauren N.

"Great PW solution, but needs to managed closely"

What do you like best?

Automatic prompts to save pw's for new sites

User friendly interface to retrieve and manage log ins

What do you dislike?

Not a great solution for sites with multiple accounts eg. Google accounts. As a small business marketing director I manage several google accounts with unique log ins for each. Last Pass consistently gets these wrong. Like 90% of the time it applies the wrong pw to the username, even after I've updated it.

Saves a ton of time and is very convenient for managing passwords. Has been irreplaceable after I had to reset to my mobile phone - I was able to recover and reset several passwords via the Last Pass interface.

LastPass review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Great tool! Saves time, is secure, and makes sharing passwords secure & easy."

What do you like best?

It saves me so much time and brain power I can be using elsewhere. It also allows me to share passwords to certain sites with others without having to worry about it being read or misplaced.

What do you dislike?

I suppose there could be a bit more security instead of just a main password which grants you access to all sorts of personal information like usernames/passwords, and even credit card info. Haven't had an issue with this yet, but I could see how it would be a headache if it did happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! It's a wonderful and free tool which can save you a lot of grief and headache trying to remember different passwords. It also allows you to have more secure passwords since you don't have to try to remember all of them. As long as you have a strong master password and keep your devices safe, you're golden. I love the feature of sharing passwords/log in info so I can share with coworkers and my family for personal use as well.

Sharing login infos for website design/development as well as purchasing office needs and setting up appointments and services. Instead of having a ton of emails or a piece of paper that could be lost, it was so great to have it all automated and saved on LassPass so that I could simply go to the site and get logged into the correct account.

Learn more about LastPass

LastPass Videos

Learning about LastPass?

* We monitor all LastPass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.