Lattice Performance Management

Lattice Performance Management

4.7
(200 reviews)

Lattice is a continuous performance management system including performance reviews, real-time feedback, goal setting and one-on-one tools.

Work for Lattice Performance Management?

Learning about Lattice?

Lattice Performance Management Reviews

Ask Lattice a Question
Showing 209 Lattice reviews
Lattice review by Catlyn L.
Catlyn L.

"Easy and Impactful!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the platform! My manager updates Lattice with personal, team, and company goals that help me visualize progression towards goal. My manager and I also use it for our one on ones. Having questions relevant to the week and having that guideline of questions/answers make for productive one on ones!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform can seem too simple. My first time trying to create a goal was difficult because the process wasn't what I thought it should be, but once I did made sense just took some guidance. Also with the updates, if my manager wants to change a question prior to our one on one and I already filled it out it is hard to go back and change questions on her end and doesn't let me update new questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice is a great tool that is easy to use. It is interactive and gives employees a place to visually see their performance and how they are progressing towards goals. Having visibility into goals for the company is super crucial when it comes to a running a business and the same goes for individual goals.

We use it internally to keep updated on goals and for updates prior to manager one on one meetings. Being sent a reminder to fill out my questions prior to the meeting with my manager makes it easy to remember and gives us a solid guideline to make best use of our time in our one on ones.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lattice Performance Management
Lattice review by Olivia V.
Olivia V.

"Wonderful platform to manage and track performance "

What do you like best?

Previously, when managing meetings, expectations, goals, and growth, we were scattered across different platforms that were difficult to manage, update and find. We switched so often it was hard to look back on specific processes and see what goals I had completed or hit and which I had missed. Now I have one place to easily view this. I can also hold my manager accountable for doing prep for our meetings and make sure we both have a to-do list to work off of each time we connect. We also are using Lattice to keep the company up-to-date about how we are doing overall and have connected Lattice with Slack so we can see live updates. It rocks!

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is the text editor. It is a bit funky and will often not save formatting. For example, bold text becomes regular and regular text becoming bold. Very difficult to actually format text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried many other tools and combinations of tools in the past and Lattice has allowed us to completely replace all of these. It is worth investing in it and not trying to hack several different solutions together.

I am using it to manage expectations, goals and growth plans between my manager and myself. We are also using it to increase company visibility and communication. Lattice is our record of truth for any updates surrounding company goals and how we are tracking towards those goals. Instead of using several different platforms to manage this, we now have one place to view these updates.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Lattice review by William D.
William D.

"Strong Platform for Self-Assessment/Employee Review"

What do you like best?

The Lattice interface is clean and easy-to-use, with little exception, and as a first-time user I would be happy to recommend it to other VPs with SMBs who are interested in giving people in their employ an option for self-review. The log-in option through Google makes it super simple to get going and the data input itself is seamless and tidy.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I can think of is that, because I pasted my answers into the web fields from a Word document, there was some data loss/change in the transfer -- I had to go back in and clean it up a bit. Also the submission step wasn't 100% obvious because a banner was blocking the final button, though that may have been an issue unique to my screen configuration and not Lattice, so please take that criticism with a grain of salt.

The core problem we are trying to resolve is simply that we lack any formal structure for employee reviews in general. Past iterations of this element of our business have included mainly one-off write-ups and informal lunches to discuss position and potential but this gives us a new way to attack the issue. Streamlined and consistent results for tracking and promotion should be our reward here; it's underway!

Lattice review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Team and company updates made easy "

What do you like best?

I love being able to see the status of our quarterly goals at a glance and see where I might be able to offer someone else help on a goal across the team or company.

It make it really easy at review time to offer feedback and praise team members for their work.

What do you dislike?

The functionality for 1:1 could be a bit more robust but it is still hugely valuable to have a place to write topics to discuss in those meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will get out of it exactly what you put into it. Make sure all of your status reporting comes from the updates in lattice and your team will start to use it and see the impact that it can make.

We are tracking our team and company OKRs for each quarter. We can easily pull information for our company wide meetings and see if we are on track or where we need to support others so easily.

Lattice review by Angela  X.
Angela X.

" Lattice offers a comprehensive performance review platform"

What do you like best?

It's easy to read and comprehend. Each question doesn't take a lot of time to reply, thereby making the whole system easy to follow. It's also a great way to review a colleague and provide a standard system for reviewing someone's performance and have it be tracked. I would suggest using Lattice for its' user friendliness and ability to compile quarterly reviews in one site.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally too many options to choose from on the spectrum. I would add a way for answers to be compiled in a way that doesn't necessarily give away the person who's reviewing you. I find it difficult to remain honest in providing feedback when I don't necessarily wish someone to know where the feedback is coming from.

It's a way to provide feedback in a honest, efficient, and productive way. I think it's a strong way for someone to review their own feedback and create a way to grow based on the feedback. I suggest offering courses from Lattice that can improve areas of growth. And based on reviews, I wish there was a way to create a performance plan or growth plan to improve for the next quarter and foreseeable future.

Lattice review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"Game changing"

What do you like best?

I love how it can just stay out of the way but still be there when it's needed, almost invisible except for when you really need it. My personal favorite feature is the feedback feature. It gives a transparent way to provide and request feedback from my employees.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the lack of drill down into my direct reports direct reports in an easy way. I would love to see a view inside of lattice that gives me a bubble up the report of all of my team members even if they aren't my direct reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret switching to this product. If you find keeping track of one on ones, employee feedback and updates a headache, lattice will solve this for you and make you actually look forward to managing these aspects of your role. If you are NOT a supervisor, you will love this product because it helps keep you organized, make sure you're asking the right questions in one on ones and getting the most out of your supervisor's time.

Employee engagement is absolutely a business problem that we are solving with this product. Using the survey feature we were able to establish a baseline upon which to gauge the success of future experiments on improving employee engagement.

Lattice review by Lei G.
Lei G.

"Great for managers and providing feedback on stakeholders"

What do you like best?

- Very easy and simple to generate 360 reviews of reports and gather critical feedback for performance reviews

- Really easy to use tools for managers to provide different levels of feedback to reports every stage of professional development

- Customizable weekly status update requests from direct reports allows me to tune it tune example what the roles and tasks of my team.

- Reminder emails for status updates automatically sent to reports allows for easy reminders to keep track

of weekly progress and overall progress towards performance reviews

- Makes soliciting feedback on my own performance from stakeholders very intuitive.

- Integration into Okta makes signin a breeze

- Integrated with our HR system such that new HR initiatives to improve team moral or gather feedback for new incentives are easily actionable

- Integration into Slack so real-time alerts are easily accessible from my daily workflow

What do you dislike?

- There's not much to complain about from a functionality standpoint. Everything works as expected and is easy to use.

- I only encountered one bug/issue with the tool where a solicited review for a peer was not being accepted through the product and the error was confusing. I was able to easily work around this by directly writing a review

- Clear and open communication with reports and cross-functional teams to keep track of professional development and weekly tasks.

- Reduces workload when it comes to gathering weekly team progress

Lattice review by Charis D.
Charis D.

"Lattice has changed the way we view performance management"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is extremely user-friendly, so besides the ease-of-use and being visually appealing to the eye, Lattice offers an abundance of resource content. Content I've been able to share company-wide. On top of that, the training I've received from the Customer Success team has been outstanding. It's evident they believe in their product and want to make sure their clients get the most out of it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I'd like to see added is a downloadable version of the org. chart within Lattice. If you want to look at the whole company, you have to zoom out which makes the icons too small and hard to read.

We've never done performance management well, that is until Lattice. Part of our problem was not having a platform that helped facilitate our communications and review process. Lattice will be a one-stop shop for us. The resources Lattice provides adds a ton of value to us as we look to be more "feedback-oriented" and helps us reinforce our communication architecture.

Lattice review by Danielle  P.
Danielle P.

"Great system and service! "

What do you like best?

Lattice is easy to use, navigate through, and understand. We've been a customer for a while and they not only listen to feedback but implement changes. The customer service is honestly some of the best I've ever experienced. My questions are always answered and if we have any issues (rarely) we see steps to resolve them quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Lattice. As I said before, when we've had issues in the past- we see changes quickly. If I was going to be picky- I'd love to be able to see the org chart in a different view but the one they have is useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it- worth it!

We used to be in an incredibly clunky system that made doing reviews daunting. Managers would be reluctant because compiling feedback was cumbersome moving from one page to the next and often losing parts of the review they had written. Now, we have a much higher rate of getting reviews completed and on time. Also, as an admin- the set up is easy and quick with the ability to make changes if you've made a mistake.

Lattice review by Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.

"Fourth Month Using Lattice - Completely Satisfied"

What do you like best?

My company has been using the feedback, 1:1, updates, goals, and review features for four months now. We previously did not have a performance management tool in place so the introduction of Lattice has been a night to day switch for us. I find value in all of the Lattice features but my favorite part of the product is their constant product development. It seems like every week there is a new update to the platform that always seems to be exactly what I wanted (even if I didn't know I wanted it!). The platform is already perfect for our needs, but every week it becomes even more impressive and responsive to customer feedback.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing significant that I dislike about Lattice. Every time I have sent over suggestions about small things I would like to see changed in the platform (something like a change in the default date range for goals, or the labels for goal priorities) I have always received a thoughtful response from my Lattice representative on if they have also heard the feedback from other clients and a guarantee to pass it along to their Research & Development team. I have even seen a few of those features developed in the months we have been using Lattice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Lattice is the perfect platform for any organization implementing a performance management platform for the first time, their responsive customer support and clear onboarding structure was a key to success in our implementation.

Weekly updates with a sentiment score have given us a "pulse" on the organization that we never had before. Implementing monthly reviews has also made us more purposeful with the passing of time. The additional structure to 1:1s and feedback has brought a more positive and open culture to our team.

Lattice review by Katrina H.
Katrina H.

"Eliminated Annual Performance Reviews"

What do you like best?

The personal support we received during implementation was helpful, appreciated and rare. Hanna listened to understand the internal program/process we were looking to develop and then made recommendations on how we could use Lattice to support our objectives. When Lattice couldn't do something we wanted, she sent our suggestions onto product development, making us feel like our opinion mattered.

What do you dislike?

I wish we did not have to use scored attributes in order to get more robust reporting. In the absence of robust reporting, Hanna has worked to extract the information we need, building out pivot tables and making recommendations for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the resource of your implementation specialist to help you take your program objectives and align them with what the tool can accomplish. Ask the tough questions and don't be afraid to make recommendations.

We threw the annual performance review process out and instead have developed an employee owner development program that is focused on engagement, alignment and development. The system supports on going feedback and a culture or recognition. Plus, it has a GMail plug in which was a huge win for us!

Lattice review by Alyssa L.
Alyssa L.

"Easy to use and manage, great for performance tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the simple usability of Lattice, and that it's intuitive and organized well. The program is easy to use, and has straightforward tutorials to teach users.

What do you dislike?

I would've said in the past the question of anonymity in providing feedback to a peer, but that option is now available on Lattice. Lattice allows person A to provide feedback about person B to their supervisor, and person B does not see who provided the feedback, only that supervisor does. This allows some employees to be more comfortable providing feedback, but as it's known to the supervisor, keeps things honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend small to medium sized companies (and perhaps large ones) definitely implement using Lattice for tracking performance and thus opening the communication channels between direct reports and supervisors more easily. The program is very organized, intuitive, fun to use (in my opinion), and also allows you to review your past updates, your feedback received over the past from peers/other employees, and I love that employees can provide feedback at any time, not just during the annual, formal performance reviews.

Performance reviews are managed in Lattice by my company, and we have utilized them for yearly reviews as well as 30, 60, 90 day reviews for new employees. Overall, employees can provide weekly updates to their supervisors about how they're feeling, and it's been instrumental in recording progress and sentiment over the year to document (in an organized fashion) the challenges and wins an employee experiences.

Lattice review by Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.

"Very effective, not disruptive in my day-to-day work"

What do you like best?

-The automatic saving of my draft, in a safe environment. Indeed when I write somebody else's review, on one hand I really don't want to send a draft by mistake, but on the other hand I don't want to loose my work. I feel like the current framework let me do both safely.

-The emailing is effective, and only warns me when I need to do something, without "spamming" me.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it would be nice to have the ability to know how many persons already wrote your review, so you don't wait anxiously for your final feedback to be ready. Maybe something like: "2/4 persons wrote your review, stay tuned for final results".

As an engineer, we use lattice to perform peer reviews. It help us determine if the probation period is successful, as well as if employees are performing well and should get rewarded.

Lattice review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"A Great Product for Teams!"

What do you like best?

The ability to send positive reviews to teammates - it's a simple and very effective way to let other people know they've done a great job and bolster morale & support.

The goal management is pretty good overall - setting concrete goals with specific end dates and milestones are great for helping teammates work out where they want to go and how to get there.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX could use a little work (e.g. completing a goal requires finding the right menu button to do so, there are no context clues to do that). Otherwise, it's pretty great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up the whole system, it pays off

Setting goals for team members helps each person grow and helps them monitor their progress easily. This and other features are great at promoting membership and keeping team members feeling good about their careers.

Lattice review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Great system, user friendly"

What do you like best?

Lattice is a great system that works very intuitively and is a huge value-add for someone using KPIs or OKRs. It's a clean interface that allows myself and my team to stay aligned without dreading updating Key Results along the way.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like as of yet, but admittedly my company is probably not using 100% of it's capabilities. One thing that may be beneficial is further sub-sets of key results and being able to break down goals into both time-based and goal based (as in allowing us to break down a quarterly sales goal into monthly or weekly segments to show what the pace is).

We were using BetterWorks previously which worked fine, but was not intuitive. The main problem was that no one was going in to update their goals because of the system, which this interface has solved for us.

Lattice review by Jack K.
Jack K.

"Straightforward, simple, and functional"

What do you like best?

Lattice makes it easy to see general progress on overarching goals, as well as drilling down to specific sub-goals, lending it excellently to OKR-format goal tracking. Feedback cycles are simple to run and easy to complete. The interface is clean and minimal; it knows what it's trying to do and doesn't overreach.

What do you dislike?

Nag emails for goal updates can be somewhat overbearing; UI for indicating completion can be somewhat confusing but recent updates have made this less of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's clear, simple, and knows what it's about -- if you're looking for no-frills, performance-centric tracking, this is a great choice.

Personally, Lattice makes it easier to keep my eyes on the overall goals I'm moving towards without feeling overpowering or drink-the-kool-aid-esque, as some other performance tracking products can unfortunately tent to lean toward. When enabled, it's exciting to see what people around the company are working on and what we're moving towards as a company in general.

Lattice review by Charles P.
Charles P.

"Limited experience with Lattice, but I like what I've seen so far."

What do you like best?

The ability to easily provide and receive feedback from my teammates. I also love having clear goals that I can track with my manager. If you can measure something, you can manage it, and Lattice allows the company to measure things at a macro level while allowing employees to measure their progress at a micro level.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there's anything on the platform I dislike. The email notifications aren't excessive. The UI is solid. I never felt lost while using it and it was very careful to let me know that my answers would be final on my self-review and peer-reviews. That actually helped me realize I needed to go back and rewrite some answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to educate your company before implementation. Also follow up with departments that haven't made full use of the software.

With a small team, it might be do-able to deal with all of this yourself. But as your team and expecially as your company grows, it's helpful to have services like Lattice help keep track of things like feedback sessions.

Lattice review by Lorena Stephanie S.
Lorena Stephanie S.

"Lattice will change the way your employees interact"

What do you like best?

- Feedback Feature: This changed the way people give feedback and praise each other inside the Organisation. After a presentation or a synergy meeting, people proactively request feedback to each other - also you have the option to give it public or private.

- Weekly Review: Every week, I have the opportunity to review the accomplishments of my direct report (team members) and also my manager can review how was my week as well. One very interesting part it's that now we can understand the "team mood", because everybody can rate how was their week.

- Monthly Review: Every Month you can customise a survey to your direct report for their performance review and also can add some personal development question. This create a culture of accountability and transparency!

- Setting goals and updating goals: For sure one of the most useful features is related to the goals setting, each employee can set update their goals in the platform - It can be an individual goal or project goal, they just need to tag the responsible, also you can set goals based on percentage and other metrics, which makes the progress really clear.

If you use Slack in your company, it's great because the integration is really easy!

What do you dislike?

- Mobile version: Lattice still don't have a Mobile version, but I believe is coming soon according to their Customer Support

- We are an International Organisation and we work from different locations in the world. We found some difficulties on updating features while some users were in China, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the beginning we were really hesitant about working with an People Management Platform, because the RoI was not clear, but we really believe that manage our people in the best way possible will lead us to great results - and it was exactly how Lattice helped us.

- Team Management (Weekly accountability)

- Culture of Feedback (Inside of the project team but also to peers and to anyone in the company)

- Performance Review

- Goal Setting

Lattice review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Easy to use and good for business"

What do you like best?

Often, with systems that one uses only once a year, they're hard to navigate and frustrating to use. Lattice is easy to move around, and I've never had any trouble getting done what I want to.

What do you dislike?

I'd be interested to know how Lattice can show up in my day to day work. this is the biggest challenge with goal management, but I feel very "fire and forget" about my use of lattice at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Performance Management tools are only as useful as you make them. This is a well-designed system that will let your users do whatever they need to, but that will only impact their work if you design internal systems to maintain accountability, reward success, and demand growth.

A system for collecting and distributing feedback that protects confidentiality and prompts comprehensiveness is more or less what we're using Lattice for, and it does a great job

Lattice review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"Great tool for creating a culture of feedback"

What do you like best?

Really like the public functionality for feedback and goals. This allows us to create a culture of feedback. It's also nice for us to have transparency into who everyone's manager and reports are.

I like that I can see other people's goals. This gives me a good sense that other people are focused on personal/professional development and also helps me use them as a model for making my own goals.

What do you dislike?

Our company has a functional hierarchy with product teams ("squads" in the Spotify model), and I have 1-on-1s in both directions. Currently Lattice only allows me to track 1-on-1s for my direct reports and not across the product teams. I'd also be interested in sharing private feedback to both someone and cc their direct manager.

We haven't had much traction with the goals feature yet. I think maybe the push to update is not happening frequently enough. There could also be more "soft" functionality - not new features but more of a user experience around the features that already exist e.g. on the creation screen, explain what a good goal is and how the process of achieving a goal should look like.

In terms of tracking whether regular feedback has a positive impact on performance, Lattice's 1-on-1 management has helped me reference back older 1-on-1s that have happened in the past to detect trends or common problems.

Culturally we're hoping to create a company where everyone is comfortable giving and receiving feedback. I think both having the 1-on-1 monitoring and public feedback sections are really great.

Lattice review by Oliver H.
Oliver H.

"Simple yet powerful tool for instituting feedback culture."

What do you like best?

Simple, uncluttered interface, and easy controls for requesting and giving feedback. Since we've started using it they have added additional critical features like auto-saving, and it has become a central tool in our feedback culture. I also like how you have the option for several different types of feedback (e.g. public, private etc) - many in our company have embraced this and we have the public feedback broadcast on a #celebrate Slack channel!

What do you dislike?

Hard to see who you've already asked for feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Healthy companies with good retention can only exist if employees understand how they are performing, have open and honest relationships with their peers and managers. We have used it to kickstart our feedback culture and provide a transparent and comprehensive view on what people are doing great at, and where they can focus their improvement efforts.

Lattice review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"A great management system"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have a space to communicate directly with my manager without having to set up a physical meeting during the day. It helps save time. If there's a concern, then we can address it in person.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the option to have updates be bi-weekly instead of weekly - our team here is only required to do them bi-weekly, but since they show up every week on here it makes me forget when I need to do them sometimes or feel like I missed a week. So having that options would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give this a go -- its a great tool for managing goals and providing updates to management.

I think problems that we're solving are ones that may not otherwise be brought up verbally. I think that it can be easier to verbalize some issues or feelings via this platform and the schedule in-person meeting to discuss these things further.

Lattice review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Transparency & Efficiency"

What do you like best?

We've used a number of other providers for people management. Either the program was too robust and adoption was low amongst employees or it lacked the capabilities we were looking for. Lattice hit a sweet spot for everyone. Plus it was easy on the eyes for everyone to appreciate.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find what I dislike about the software because it's easy to use. Before implementing this company-wide we did have some customization requests. All were handled by the team at Lattice

Providing feedback amongst peers and from management was becoming a challenge for a growing company. Systems that we had in place worked for a 100 employee company but as we scaled and have now grown to a +300 staff our systems need to scale as well. We've noticed an increase adoption rate from all staff. Most of not all of our employees are using Lattice on a daily basis

Lattice review by Meg S.
Meg S.

"If Lattice was a match on Tinder, I'd swipe right"

What do you like best?

I love how simple yet effective Lattice is. Loving the automation and forms. No more weekly reports using word docs! No more google forms! No more endless questions that feel unrelated or trivial. Submitting updates and setting goals are super easy but my favorite feature by far is the Feedback section. I love being able to give public or private feedback (because not everyone likes being publicly hyped up) but also being able to use #praise in Slack for quick shout outs throughout the week.

What do you dislike?

As this product is relatively new for me, I do not have any problems as of right now. I do, however, feel like I am under utilizing the Objectives section but I think thats just from needing to learn how to use it effectively for my own needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Probably better and easier than what you are currently rocking with...

Lattice provides my supervisor with the information he needs about our weekly experiences within the company. Its hard to meet with large teams individually throughout the week so this makes checking in easier. I am able to let my supervisor know how I am doing, what I am struggling with, and how I need help all in one form. Its also great to see my progress with the company with each weekly.

Lattice review by Ana-Alicia S.
Ana-Alicia S.

"Individual, Team and Company-wide Goal Management"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the interface of Lattice in how you can view the goals all in one place, it is easily identifiable with color related to your tracking (progressing, off track, on track), as well as chosen visibility to my peers and / or Manager. I really enjoy the weekly reminders to update goals, as well as the weekly reminder my manager has in place for me to fill out. I am able to look back on this during the week as a sort of to-do list in some ways, but also conceptualize big picture what I have set out to do and have not / have done already over time. It is a practical tool! I like how Lattice can integrate with slack and remind me of updates to do. There is a great chat feature as well with individuals who are attentive!

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to sort goals alphabetically or by due date when on the Dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo! This was helpful in having our Peoples team connect new managers for a training on how to use it. Very helpful!

I am able to set actionable goals, log progress -- whether it be a count of action items, subgoals to my major overall goal -- and share them with my Manager in a clear way that I don't need to hawk over as much as I would a GoogleDoc or such. The largest benefits would be feeling on track with my goals, as well as seeing other peers setting their goals. I am able to think about the role from a different perspective (something that may not come up in just everyday conversation) so it is helpful to have that insight, especially since there are more than 1 employee in my position. We recently switched from using GoogleForms to using Lattice for our company-wide 360 degree reviews. It was nice to see information compiled all in one place and have questions be standardized across the board in such a tool. Visually it looks so much nice and great integration of using team building throughout the year now all in one place, alongside reviews!

Lattice review by Adam V.
Adam V.

"Wonderful interface, great impact"

What do you like best?

The Lattice interface is incredibly good looking and easy to use. As an employee, I actually enjoy using the software, which is a nice change from many of the other tools I have to use.

Functionally, I really appreciate the reminders to set an agenda for one-on-ones with my manager. I have used the goal functionality to track professional development goals, which is a helpful way to asynchronously show my manager what I am working on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot set my own job title, but that's all I can think of. Otherwise, Lattice seems to be a great tool that does exactly what it needs to do.

I didn't implement Lattice (I'm an end user of Lattice at my company). The benefits I have seen are more focused one-on-ones, useful and easy performance reviews, and easy tracking of professional development goals.

Lattice review by Kameron  B.
Kameron B.

"Great Tool and Asset for Every Company"

What do you like best?

I love that I can give weekly updates to my boss in a quick and easy manner. I also love the chance that I can review other employees and see feedback that others have given me. The goal function is great and I find the weekly reminders to update goals very useful.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have yet to find something that I dislike about Lattice. I have yet to access the full potential of Lattice, but from what I have used and accessed, it has been great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth trying. I have been extremely happy with it and found it a very useful asset in our company. It has been a big value add!

We now have a place to keep all of our peer reviews, goals, and weekly updates all in one place and available for anyone in the company to quickly view and access.

Lattice review by John H.
John H.

"Great for creating alignment and visibility with your career manager."

What do you like best?

It's been helpful to have a single place to go to discuss career development with my manager. The base functionality built in – goals, metrics, 1:1s, and updates – do a good job covering the way career management works at our company. Email reminders help me stay on track and stay accountable with my goals.

What do you dislike?

My only minor complaint about Lattice is that I've run into bugs with their scheduling system. Sometimes I've had to reschedule a meeting with my manager, or we've had to change the cadence of our check-ins, and even though I update the schedule in Lattice the appointments and emails don't update correctly.

I credit Lattice for helping me make progress on some difficult-to-measure career goals that I'm sure I wouldn't have accomplished otherwise. Making my goals visible to my manager and team was a big motivator.

Lattice review by Muhammad D.
Muhammad D.

"Great for managing personal career goals"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all the goals that I've made for myself while being at an organisation. It's also really helpful that I get reminders whenever a certain goal needs to be updated. Not only do I update the goal, it also server as a reminder that I'm on track and am performing according to the pace that I originally set out with.

What do you dislike?

The UI can sometimes be a bit confusing and hits the UX a bit. This isn't to say that it's cluttered, it's actually really good, but some more helpful tips and interactive tutorials would be a good addition to an already awesome platform!

Lattice provides my team lead with the data he needs about our bi weekly experiences within the organisation. Its hard to meet with big teams one on one every other week so this makes checking in easier.

Lattice review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"The Lattice made the latest review cycle much more efficient for me and my team"

What do you like best?

The workflows and interface in Lattice are much more logically designed than other solutions I've used. You have all the pieces of information you need right at your fingertips. Straightforward steps and email communication on what to do. Plus integration with our single signon, it really made it easy. It's also great that they are actively improving it. The initial markdown formatting was a bit clunky, but now they have normal WYSIWYG formatting.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but it'd be great if it was easier to download an in-progress review for presenting to the employee before you submit and finalize, and also see a character count.

Performance management is very important at good companies, but it's always an overhead. Streamlining the process means our teams can get reviews done efficiently, and get back to our actual jobs.

Lattice review by Lauren Y.
Lauren Y.

"Great Performance Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

Lattice has an easy to use, clean and simple interface. We were looking for something that would be a lighter tool compared to what we previously used. When I surveyed the team post-reviews, they all liked Lattice better than the former tool we used.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to say here. When I have feedback for the team, the Customer Success team and Support team is always willing to take feedback and suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A really great and easy to use tool both on the admin and user end. The Customer Success team and Support team has been quick to respond and listen to my feedback.

Lattice supports Rainforest QA with our continuous career development. We've been able to identify high performers and areas of focus for our team. The Rainforest QA team has been using the updates, check in and goal features as well even though we did not roll these features out to the team. It has been amazing to see the organic adoption from our team.

Lattice review by Heather D.
Heather D.

"The best for small and medium organizations"

What do you like best?

I've used 5+ performance management solutions in my career, and Lattice is by far the best for SMB companies. It's easy to administer, clean user interface, and is the first solution that hasn't caused a ton of confusion/complaint across the team come performance review. I would strongly recommend it over BetterWorks and Small Improvements.

Though our company primarily uses it for performance reviews, I like that it offers 1:1 meeting and goalsetting functionality. I also really like the team behind the product, it's clear they practice what they preach in terms of high performance.

What do you dislike?

I wish it offered more integrations with other tools. One feature Reflektive has that I would love to see in Lattice is a Gmail integration that allows managers to keep notes on team member achievements and developmental opportunities as they come through in email. That said, we still selected Lattice over Reflektive due to its total offering and match to our company's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a strong proponent of Lattice, but it's important to think about company stage of sophistication of product needed. I think Lattice as it stands today will work great for us until 500 people, and my hope is that the product evolves with us (I am confident it will), so that by the time we require an enterprise product, they meet those needs.

We are using this product to ensure our team members have transparency and clarity on their overall performance and an opportunity to talk about long range career goals. This is a critical piece of our Career Development pie, and the results certainly show in our team's satisfaction in the area of career growth.

Lattice review by J.P. C.
J.P. C.

"Great for a business that's scaling up"

What do you like best?

So many things! The system is intuitive and has a good knowledge base. It provides a variety of options for use and customization. Most importantly, the constant improvements and great responsiveness to feature requests has been outstanding. Scalability was another feature we were looking for, and again Lattice meets that need for us.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue with integration with another app and having to troubleshoot between both vendors was a little time consuming, but I would quickly say that the support from Lattice wasn't lacking at all. It was a unique situation (and up until this event integration was fine) so it's not something that could have been in the knowledge base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice's customization is great for organizations looking for greater transparency and those seeking a shift towards more up-to-date performance management (versus the traditional retroactive model), but is still structured enough that you won't get overwhelmed in the process.

Deployment is always important for any new company-wide system, and we received an appropriate amount of support and training for our admins and managers, who then rolled it out to the team.

Make sure you have someone to champion the use of the system to ensure engagement and prevent dissuasion due to lack of training or understanding the larger performance management concepts that Lattice only facilitates.

Previously, our performance management was across multiple systems, and with the consistent growth with the company it was becoming burdensome. With Lattice not only is our PM centralized into one primary system, the availability and options such as 360° reviews and feedback has allowed us to customize the system to meet our needs.

Lattice review by Edward A.
Edward A.

"Lattice is a premier peer review service."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Lattice Performance Management has to be the level of engagement that can exist between two individuals. You can remain anonymous if you'd like or allow people to take in your feedback and reflect on it later on. Also it isn't just management reviewing you it's your peers and the people you work closest to who get to let you know what they think about your hard work.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say at the moment I haven't found anything wrong Lattice. It helps keep our company organized and on one wave length for submitting peer reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance and your expectations will be met.

The biggest problem we are having is having a place to store detail reviewers for employees to reflect on and be held accountable.

Lattice review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"Simplicity Meets Depth"

What do you like best?

Lattice is super user friendly, straight forward and helpful in generating deep meaningful reviews. In addition to the platform we received incredible coaching and personal touch including a Lattice employee (she was fantastic) coming to our office to present and other documents and guidance on what to think about and include. The entire process makes it clear that the goal is specific in depth feedback, rather that platforms that involve checking a few boxes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much not to like. Maybe some example answers could be helpful?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the in office training if possible. Wonderful to have guidance from someone external and someone who knows this stuff well.

Identifying specific accomplishments and actions that fit into our mission, identifying areas for improvement and defining concrete steps to work on them in the future.

Lattice review by Evan S.
Evan S.

"Performance management for start ups and mid size companies"

What do you like best?

Lattice makes it extremely easy to set up goals, track how you are doing, and create accountability within an organization. Just think about it like this - all the pain and hassle that normals goes towards figuring out how to set goals, store and process reviews and feedback, and make actual assessments of employee performance, all simplified into one streamlined application that is exactly as easy as you would want it to be. Huge time saver, and for smaller companies it makes a level of performance management possible that normally, you could not at all.

What do you dislike?

Lattice is continuing to add features, there are still a couple areas where the product could use a bit of development, but I am hopefully they will address these soon.

Before we used Lattice we had worked with various other employee management solutions and merged those with what different managers in the company had as their personal way of doing performance management. However, the result of this was that we often were not able to get performance reviews out on time or they were incomplete. Lattice allowed us to significantly streamline this entire flow!

Lattice review by David M.
David M.

"Easy to use, easy to align, easy to measure"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use Lattice to configure weekly 1:1's, monthly check-ins and annual reviews, all within an elegantly simple user interface that is light and uncluttered. Whether individual contributor, manager of a team, or an admin, everyone likes using Lattice.

What do you dislike?

The product is very intuitive, and if you haven't spent a lot of time in it before jumping into the deep end, there is some "explore and discover" one can expect to do. That said, the tool is robust, easy to navigate around within and the chat support, when needed, is timely and on target.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with the team at Lattice and have them demo the product extensively - it's really easy!

We needed a place for managers and their team members to capture notes, update each other asynchronously and to keep a running list of both topics and accomplishments. All of these are inputs for regular, ongoing communication touch points between employees and their managers.

Lattice review by Devin J. A.
Devin J. A.

"Smooth Sailing"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how user friendly lattice is for when I'm going in and doing assessment for my weekly updates. It's a very easy 1-2-3 step in responding to the information that has been requested by individuals within your department.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I really dislike about the platform, while our company is fairly new to using the system. I've found operating the platform to be very easy and for those that are confused the support system they have in place is phenomenal.

We are using lattice for company department reviews/performance and it's allowing each employee to truly grow and develop within the organization. It also gives us an area to provide praise to out colleagues for the awesome successes they are having within the . office.

Lattice review by Angela N.
Angela N.

"Make your company a "Best to work for" by reaching goals and growing employees."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to give and track feedback, document 1:1 meetings, document weekly updates, track goals and streamline reviews. The customer service is phenomenal and they listen to the feedback provided. My team members love the UI and I get excited when I see feature updates b/c they often make my life easier.

What do you dislike?

It is a new software with lots on their roadmap. Several key improvements are pending that will improve some of my team work such as improved notes for 1:1s (allow employees to write shared notes too), goal review workflow (allow to click a "view next goal"), and a little more flexibility on departments (some team members are members of more than one department.

Growing our company and team. It is important for us to recognize employees, set goals, and achieve them. Lattice makes this process more transparent.

Lattice review by Colin O.
Colin O.

"Intuitive, easy to use management tool"

What do you like best?

The title says it all. Lattice is an easy to use performance management tool that takes the guesswork out of goal setting and measurement as well as peer reviews for coworkers. As an administrator, the user admin, with built-in Google SSO capabilities makes it extremely easy to administer.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I can say that there's nothing that I dislike about the software. Lattice performance management software is definitely something I'd recommend to friends and colleagues, and I'll be reaching out to my former places of employment to recommend Lattice as their performance management tool.

Single Sign On capabilities with Google integration make user administration a breeze. Friendly reminders of goal updates, weekly updates, and peer reviews ensure nothing is forgotten.

Lattice review by Anett V.
Anett V.

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

Lattice has helped our whole team to be able to give and receive proactive feedback from each other. The tool is nice and clean and super easy to use! We have also started doing our 6 months reviews on Lattice and it has been really easy and straightforward. We use the Updates feature weekly and it helps us to stay organised and have a good overview of our achievements and upcoming goals. Can only recommend!

What do you dislike?

There is no option to reply to a feedback if I request feedback from someone and they fill it out. Someone has requested feedback from me. I have replied to them, but afterwards she was not able to reply back to me on the same form but she had to reply to the notification email. But I guess this is because it should be simple and a whole conversation shouldn't be happening on the form. It is sometimes confusing when you have weekly Updates, because on the left hand side you can see the weeks, but the visuals are not clear enough which week you are on, which update did you already fill out etc. Otherwise really great, just minor UX issues that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wish to know more about yourself and your colleagues and want to keep updates of your performance this tool is a must have.

updating management, organised weekly view of plans, requesting constructive feedback

Lattice review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"We love Lattice!"

What do you like best?

Our HR team launched Lattice a few months ago and we love it. It's made it so much easier to track our progress on our goals and progress and to communicate in a structured manner with our managers.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike so far. Everything we have used it for so far has been great! I know my manager who uses it more extensively to manage the whole team is a big fan of Lattice as well.

In such a goal oriented role, I find that Lattice helps me stay connected to my team and motivated toward my individual and team goals. I really like the user interface too. It's easy to use and nice looking.

Lattice review by Rodrigo C.
Rodrigo C.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Lattice it's a great tool for performance management. It's really easy to have all the information consolidated and choose the people are going to talk about us.

What do you dislike?

Actually I there's nothing I dislike. The tool works pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good analysis of our performance team and the point we need to have more attention. The feedback tool is very easy and helpful.

Lattice review by Rosyll X.
Rosyll X.

"Great tool for tracking goals and giving/receiving feedback"

What do you like best?

1. User Interface

2. Reminder to update goals

3. Sharing updates and accomplishments to manager

What do you dislike?

1. Mobile device interface

2. Feature to share review with manager and reviewee

3. Limited features only. The software can be creatively extended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice is a great tool for small to medium organisations that would like to create a work culture where feedback sharing and goal management is made easy. Lattice being a simple software with limited features does what it needs to do. Email notifications and reminders are great and the user interface is simple and feels good to use. I use Lattice consistently and feel satisfied when I tick off a goal.

1. Open review system

2. Consistent tracking of goals

Lattice review by Sheila P.
Sheila P.

"Lattice Keeps Employees and Managers Engaged"

What do you like best?

Lattice makes sure that I do not miss a one-on-one with my employees by reminding me ahead of time and gives me a link, so I can add talking points as I think about them. I like how you can cross out items that you have completed, and I like how you can add comments to each bullet point.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice to offer a new user when they first log into Lattice what tutorials can be viewed and how to set up one-on-ones through your calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice Performance Management provides all of your employee feedback in one place, so when it comes to completing their annual review, it will be easy to put it all together.

Lattice also makes sure that I post my activity for the week, so my boss knows what I am doing and plan to do. It gives me a way to let him know if I am stumbling on a road block or to share my successes.

Lattice review by David L.
David L.

"I'm impressed with it's functionality"

What do you like best?

Lattice is a great way for employees to voice their opinions without needing to be put in an uncomfortable position. Lattice provided me with the opportunity to voice my concerns to my manager without requiring me to set up a formal meeting. I also like being able to receive feedback from my manager without the formal meeting.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about Lattice but I would prefer it if Lattice allowed users to omit answering certain questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an open mind and try it out.

Lattice has allowed every single employee to give their voice and opinion. This is a great way to understand the overall workplace environment and mood as well as specific team situations.

Lattice review by Administrator

"Love Lattice! "

What do you like best?

Lattice is a great all in one tool that fosters transparency across the org. In one tool we can track company OKRs, employee performance, receive feedback, and so much more! We particularly enjoy that Lattice helps foster transparency: OKRs are visible to employees, the org chart is easy to navigate, and 360 reviews allow us to stay in sync -- which is important for a remote company.

What do you dislike?

It would be really neat if some of the informational help articles were linked directly in the product. So if one my managers had a question like, can I see my indirect report's reviews this cycle there was a little button within there view they could hover over and get the information they needed. Or if they needed help configuring their 1:1's, there were some links within the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We like Lattice because it's a one stop shop for a lot of things we wanted implemented across the org. If you can reduce the amount of tools your employees use, that's a win.

1. Making OKRs transparent

2. Tracking OKRs -- no more spreadsheets!

3. Performance review tracking

4. 1:1's

5. Weekly Standups

Lattice is helping us lay down the foundational culture structure of our early stage company and will make the scaling process much easier from an employee happiness/feedback perspective.

Lattice review by User

"Great tool to foster collaboration & wellbeing of a team! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to easily give positive public feedback in the moment that I think of it. So often a co-worker will do something extraordinary but it will go unmentioned in the moment. Having the opportunity and structure in place to capture and share it out is a wonderful thing.

What do you dislike?

It was initially hard to find the CTA to give feedback - its prominent by virtue of its location but hard to find since it was so much smaller than all of the other CTAS on the homepage.

It provides a great way to give feedback internally as well as an easily understood structure for talent reviews. It is great to have one place where all feedback and progress is captured. As an IC working across multiple teams it is great to have a place where I can measure and track my goals and impact company wide.

Lattice review by William A.
William A.

"Lattice is a game changer for performance management "

What do you like best?

The free exchange of feed back up and down the chain of command is excellent. The platform is straightforward, and intuitive. It makes feedback, giving and receiving, simplistic but robust at the same time!

What do you dislike?

There is not to much to dislike. Lattice is a great tool for monitoring goals and communication related to performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement sooner rather than later. Lattice is the best PM tool i've ever used.

Currently utilizing it to keep my work goals in line with my workflow as well as using it to provide weekly updates to my direct manager on how my day-to-day is going. Great way to keep my manager in the loop of how i'm doing!

Lattice review by Britnee L.
Britnee L.

"SO easy to use, great UX, exactly what our team needed"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and personalization of Lattice. It's allowed our team to move over from Reflektive seamlessly and integrate into a portal that provides OKR's, an easy to view and centralized org chart for our global offices and easy input and training for managers to create 1-1's and goals with their teams.

What do you dislike?

There is not currently a way to download the org chart to share with people outside of your organization (i.e. candidates for jobs), but I have heard this is coming in the future.

OKR alignment, goal setting and tracking for 1-1's and conversations. It also allows our team to send weekly checkin's and build solid communication across teams.

Learn more about Lattice Performance Management

Lattice Performance Management Videos

Learning about Lattice Performance Management?

* We monitor all Lattice Performance Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.