Lavu

Lavu

3.5

An intelligent combination of cloud computing, wireless technologies, and a sleek touchscreen interface for restaurant

Work for Lavu?

Learning about Lavu?

Lavu Reviews

Ask Lavu a Question
Showing 45 Lavu reviews
Lavu review by William T.
William T.

"A full experience of not without its own quirks"

What do you like best?

Loves it’s accessablity, ease of use. The ability to update at a moment’s notice is refreshing. It allows for me to be offsite if needed and to still get a clear picture of what is going on in my establishment

What do you dislike?

Horrible back office. Unclear reporting. Very difficult to reconcile end of business. It seems as if whomever programmed the end of business reporting has no clue what restaurant owners really need to see and do at the end of day. The product is awesome up front but then becomes completely useless at the end of day stuff. There’s a huge lack of communication between the two tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of its back office. Lavu doesn’t know what to do with it or how to show you properly your end of day reconciliation. There used to be keystroke information available to management which is either gone, removed, or hidden. It takes quite a bit of time to do cash Reconciliations, so unless they show you EXACTLY how to do it when they show up and install the system, you WILL be lost. Even then, the average restaurant owner will have no clue how to read the info. Thank God I have an IT background and computer science background. If you don’t have one of these people handy in your business, I would recommend you spend all the time in the world you can with the installation rep. However, even with all of this being said, I would still recommend this over any other product I have seen. The rest of the experience outweighs the lack of back office clarity. Even though it makes this user’s experience almost too difficult.

POS, ability to update at a moments notice. Completely secure.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lavu
Lavu review by Administrator

"It's off to a decent start"

What do you like best?

The optional and forced modifiers make it easier to train staff on our menu variations. We're in between a quick serve and sit-down restaurant, so don't utilize the table layout. Catered events are much easier to create tabs without distracting the customers, while also providing a timeline of hourly sales to help examine scheduling needs.

What do you dislike?

Lavu's main tripping points come in two areas: (1) trying to be an all-encompassing business software, and (2) inefficient or rushed updating its software. Typically, this doesn't affect smaller mom-and-pops, but can be very frustrating for medium or large companies.

For example, available reports are sectioned into New and Version 1 (old). Often, we find that the New reports don't hold all of the information that a business truly needs, and have to resort to the Version 1 reports - which are also slightly incomplete. While the New Reports have snazzy charts to help visualize numbers, an expansion of the available Version 1 reports would have been more helpful. Exporting to Excel could then create the snazzy charts.

I've been in discussion with Lavu, and they've made a few staffing changes to address this. I hope to see good things on the horizon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good start. Don't look at it, right now, for inventory purposes, but instead for ease of customer use and categorizing your sales.

Having portability with our POS systems, where our registers aren't necessarily tied down, is a good thing. Likewise, the interface is easier for our less tech-savvy customers to adapt.

Having Lavu based off of Apple iPads allows us to use the registers for other features, as well: quick communications, offsite trouble-shooting, or enhanced customer service (directions, cocktail recipes, etc.).

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

Lavu review by Wesley O.
Wesley O.

"Stay away"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and easy to navigate. But once you push the buttons that's where everything goes down hill...

What do you dislike?

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Recommendations to others considering the product

My background is in tax accounting and I can tell you LAVU is liability if you're not double checking your reports. You have to call monthly to figure out which report is giving your true sales, b/c it changes. Currently one report double counts discounts, and it has been like that for months, I told them and no one changed it.

Supposed to help solve reporting, but makes it worse.

Lavu review by Greg A.
Greg A.

"Lavu needs help, splitting tickets is awful, other POS systems allow a drag and drop approach which "

What do you like best?

Lave seems stable we have not been down due to the software only due to our own Internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Splitting tickets is awful, other POS systems allow a drag and drop approach which is much simpler! Inventory is difficult and reports are clunky and missing many things, discounts reports are not intuitive so if there is a problem I can look at the entire receipt. Menus items can't have multiple pricing for different qualities of that item, I have to use forced modifiers, Forced modifier list has no searchable tools so if i need to see smooth that starts with a Z i have to skip tons of pages to get to that item.. Search features should be a basic programing build.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be cautious!

POS that allows ticketing for kitchen, customer and payments!

Lavu review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Up & Coming company but competitive in the market"

What do you like best?

The menu is extremely easy to modify without too much going on for the average user to be capable of accomplishing the main tasks necessary to adjust menu items & prices as well as create new items. Everything is VERY WELL integrated with each other.

What do you dislike?

The company simply needs some time to grow into it's own shoes. I experienced quite a bit of difficulty with the install going through a 3rd party contractor and details of the menu build options with it's own technicians.

Accountability of personnel and cost tracking have become effortless coming from a legacy point-of-sale system. The cloud based Lavu has been extremely capable of handling my needs plus some. Managing tasks from anywhere is a tremendous help.

Lavu review by Douglas  P.
Douglas P.

"It is very easy to use the POS for all people that do not use computers."

What do you like best?

There is very little hardware that breaks down. I don't have to call the help desk very often.

It gives me very detailed reports.

What do you dislike?

When I do a void or refund it does not give me an accurate reading. The credit card report from LAVU and the credit card batch report from the credit card company often do not match and is very difficult for our accounting department to get an accurate reading.

currently we are using LAVU for the POS only.

Lavu review by Kristine  G.
Kristine G.

"Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

We are a cafe that employees people with disabilities and being able to choose pictures for each item helps make using the register simple for our employees.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have any dislikes about Lavu

Lavu provides our business with more accurate reports on what we are selling and when our busy times are. We are able to see sale patterns which has helped us build our menu.

Lavu review by coleen b.
coleen b.

"Lavu is a multi dimensional POS system "

What do you like best?

It's fully customizable! I can have whatever buttons work for my organization. If I need to add or subtract a menu item, it's easy

What do you dislike?

I wish there was some sort of user guide to help facilitate the initial set up. Some of the terms were a bit confusing and there really wasn't anywhere to get clarification. You only get 2 hours of free tech support, so I tried to do as much of the set up on my own as I could.

I needed to streamline the ordering at the cafe. Not only does Lavu help my staff be better servers, it helps with timing in and out and COGS as well!

Lavu review by ALENA S.
ALENA S.

"Long time customer"

What do you like best?

That they are always improving. There supper is great at following up. Sales department alternates between flaky and stalker.

What do you dislike?

They do not value long term customers or loyalty.

They are not upfront with customers about problems. They wait for customers to contact them and then they confirm the issue. If we got a message or could go to the site and know if there was an issue. More proactiveness.

Easy reporting.

Lavu review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Efficient System"

What do you like best?

Control of hardware mostly with the ability go to store to ad new server iPads and not buy customer hardware

What do you dislike?

Not having a rep or more support to get ahead of issues - we only have support for problems. I would love more non-emergency support. Also - wait time is too long for emergencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product but I would say there is some level of tech that owners and managers must know to use it to keep it running right but I recommend its use,

I have a small space and crowd based works best for small space pubs like mine

Lavu review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"A Journey with POS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, terrific customer service. Your graphics are nice on the new version, but still like version 1. I would have to say I appreciate your report features as well as how intuitive Lavu is. Great for employee time cards. I can count on Lavu when there is a problem as well. Even if you're not available at the time I call, you return the call very promptly.

What do you dislike?

No kiosk opportunity with self-pay is available with Lavu. Also, I would like flexibility in looking at my sales data. For example, while I like "date range" as an option, I would like a "day range" so I can look at specific days "Mondays Only" for example to see patterns. To do this, I had to create a Macro in Excel and export the date range data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're starting to franchise. I want to stay with Lavu. But you don't offer a kiosk set up with self-pay. So we're having to move our business to another provider. I hate that, because I truly love your product and service.

Self ordering. This is the future of our business. We need that opportunity in our current stores and the stores to come as we expand and grow our business.

Lavu review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Lavu has transformed our restaurant operations from "good" to "GREAT"."

What do you like best?

The system is so easy to use and so reliable.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to see an "all day" in addition to seeing what is on each ticket/table. This would enable us to take a look for example at how many strip steaks I should have working for the entire restaurant at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be the BEST decision you can make for your operation and yourself!

Having the dashboard feature is great for generating sales reports or any other report.

Lavu review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Lavu User for 13 months"

What do you like best?

We are a privately owned restaurant and bar during about 400 + covers per week. We have a fairly large food men and drink menu. We transferred to Lavu from a different Ipad based system in September 2014. We wisely chose (in my opinion) to use a certified Lavu "consultant" to help us get up and running. And, we chose the server based system that allows us to run when internet goes down (can't process credit cars tho). We have had no major issues during the last 13 months and the more we learn about the system to more we do specialized reports. I recommend Lavu to others; however, we do have access to a fairly competent IT person if a problem arises.

What do you dislike?

I think the reporting can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use a consultant

Need to have POS system for restaurant that is quick to use. We think Lavu is better than the previous system.

Lavu review by Ian T.
Ian T.

"Good so far, great fit"

What do you like best?

The Lavu product is a great fit for our restaurant/cafe. We offer a QSR style ordering mixed with restaurant food/service. That way we can mix those that just want a coffee and cake with customers who want a three course meal.

Lave service options allow for this flexibility and mean we could fit into our existing ways of working well. The additional add-ons (KDS pro, customer facing screens, etc) are also benefits.

Additional reassurance of having the local server (LLS) also means we are not worried about broadband issue, and the install of this was carried out by Lavu overnight remotely from US.

All together I have managed to self install Lavu and I am (nearly) happy with the product; over time this will move up to 10 stars I am sure!

What do you dislike?

It is early days, but initial network problems have affected some of the iPad based KDS screens leaving us with lost tickets during busy services. The restarting of the app had fixed this, but ideally we would have a robust system and not be worried.

This is due in part to us using Apple Airport products for our wireless, something endorsed by Lavu when we started but they seem to have gradually moved away from them over the years. If you are going to install fresh I would recommend getting external advice on establishing a robust, enterprise grade wireless network before laying Lavu over the top.

Flexibility of changing menu, ability to service customers throughout premises, ease of expansion.

Lavu review by Heidi G.
Heidi G.

"With them from from the beginning"

What do you like best?

The tech support is quite good. The folks seem to genuinely care.

Lavu has fixed many of the problems they used to have.

The value is significant.

What do you dislike?

Hard to compare, since we never used another system.

When we started, seven years ago, we were using paper and pencil. Accuracy was greatly increased.

Lavu review by Juan M.
Juan M.

"Efficiency at its finest"

What do you like best?

When I was looking to upgrade the infrastructure of my restaurant I was looking for new POS solutions that weren't clunky, slow and oudated. I love the fact that the hardware is extremely expensive, it's sleek and pairs nicely with the always updating software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes there are backend options that blanket all customers and leave them in the dark. For example, the iPad is battery powered and not meant to be always connected to Power, but the latest version doesn't allow the screen to turn off by itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial to test it out

I've greatly reduced the time it took to draft receipts, and I've managed to instill custome confidence with a clear, concise receipt of their purchases. Additionally, their backend reports are really helpful for analyzing the data.

Lavu review by Lori M.
Lori M.

"Boothbay Craft Brewery LAVU review "

What do you like best?

Customer service is fantastic! The best!

What do you dislike?

Initial set up of the hardware. Software was way easier.

Financial Reports. Time cards/Payroll. Theft of employees. Tip tracking. Busy hours of operation. Training testimonials.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Sales Reports are Wrong!"

What do you like best?

Has many features in one system---unlike others that only offer a few.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely terrible sales teams---who do not follow up on issues found in their system during demo.

We began to review LAVU to replace our current POS. During the demo we found that their sales reports were just wrong. Totals were wrong--included non-sales items such as tips & taxes in sales. Sales Tax reports were wrong. We brought this to their attention--they promised it would be fixed and they would recontact us. They never did. Recently made contact with them again and their sales manager did not even show up to his own demo meeting he scheduled through their system. We complained by email/phone--still no response.

Lavu review by Susan Bayley C.
Susan Bayley C.

"Lavu QSR and Restaurant use"

What do you like best?

We have both a fish market, with QSR takeout needs and a full-service restaurant. Lavu is able to support both of these uses at the same time, in a logical, easy to use manner. Training for my staff is minimal.

What do you dislike?

Set up was very trying. My original rep never even looked at my facility. That being said, Lavu sent a tech (Anne) out to set me up. It took she and I a while to work out all the bugs, but she was dedicated to straightening out the problems and always available. Once we solved all of the issues, things ran very smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to allow some time for set-up to work out. Also, take advice from Lavu specialists on menu set-up.

Previously, I used standard cash registers, and inventory control, etc was nearly non-existent, I can now keep track not only of totals sold, but also modifiers. Lavu has also solved my need for more accountability from employees. Tracking all of their sales and voids is a very simple process.

Lavu review by User

"Some areas are good. Some aspects need better user experience"

What do you like best?

The customer service is fantastic. For high level review of sales data, the portal provides relevant information.

What do you dislike?

As a owner with multiple restaurants, I would like to have a dashboard to easily download data, see daily trends in graphs. I don't see there such options available.

Lavu is our platform for POS. We use it for our day to day operations at our restaurants.

Lavu review by Nancy G.
Nancy G.

"Good for small or quick serve"

What do you like best?

The system is really easy to use ~ from setting up products, to adding things to inventory, etc. We have a small plate, wine & beer only restaurant and it fits our needs. The other thing that is great: their customer service. You always get through, a call back and an understanding of what the issue is.

There is also a thriving community that usually has answers when you get 'stuck'.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue is reporting. It is not robust or really useful in a way that a restaurant would need. The data is there, but the reporting is not. Unless you have an administrator or numbers person that can download information and put it useful spreadsheets, it is not super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for small restaurants. It is a good system that constantly is improving. Is it perfect? No. But then again, nothing is.

We needed an inexpensive POS system. Again, it works for us because of our limited menu and offering.

Lavu review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"A great POS for a small to midsize business"

What do you like best?

The ease of the system, to adjust buttons and customize screens. Also being able to see all open/closed checks and make adjustments via phone

What do you dislike?

We are a high volume bar and the checks take a second of 2 to close them out. This can be difficult with a line at our bar.

It keeps tracking of sales and inventory very easy and we appreciate the 24 hour support.

Lavu review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Outstanding iPad POS - Strong Competitor to Outdated Windows Systems"

What do you like best?

POS Lavu was the first Table Service Restaurant POS on the iPad, dating back to 2010. Almost every month since then, it has been updated and improved based on customer feedback. It has all of the features of the old Micros systems, at a much lower price and sleeker appearance.

What do you dislike?

It's important to use a 3G/4G backup with Lavu, but that's true of any Cloud POS system.

-Easy secure payments

-Great reporting from anywhere in the world with a web browser

-Menu modifications from anywhere in the world with a web browser

-Time Clock

-Inventory and Cost Tracking

-Easy to use interface for my restaurants, bars and quick service establishments

Lavu review by John S.
John S.

"Using lavu"

What do you like best?

The ability to take orders at table saves time and staff

What do you dislike?

Not accepting chip credit cards creates potential charge backs

Efficient order taking reducing order time

Lavu review by Jennie S.
Jennie S.

"Great POS for our Small Hospitality Businesses"

What do you like best?

Lavu is easy for even the most non-tech staff to use and us managers can access it from all times off-site.

What do you dislike?

Self setup can be difficult but it is doable. We have done it three times!

Reports are amazing! We are able to really drill down on our information and maximize sales as a result.

Lavu review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"European-esque look with unsatisfactory end-user experience. "

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to take and submit orders, simultaneously, while standing at the table. I could easily view prices and show pictures of the dishes, when asked by a guest. The modifiers were user friendly...I've experienced worse modifiers on traditional POS systems. It was also a conversation piece that struck a quick rapport between the table and myself. I loved that I had mu orders on me at all times.

What do you dislike?

The app constantly crashed when taking large orders. My co-workers and myself eventually resorted to writing the order first and then submitting it when we were out of view of the guests. It was almost impossible to split checks, and it became tedious to process multiple payments. It required multiple reboots throughout the course of a shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that before investing in this product that it matches the needs of your business.

POS Lavu drives efficient service by providing end-users a means to take orders, submit them, carry images and details about the menu items at the same time. Customers enjoy advanced technology and it offers restaurants to engage with their customer base through interactive software and Apple-based loyalty programs,

Lavu review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Very user friendly and customizable to meet your business needs. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can access my restaurant information from any computer or device with Internet access. It gives me the ability to login and update my menu or run reports from anywhere. I also love how easy it was to learn to operate and set up for operation. Training is a breeze for new employees too!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Lavu server is slow. When the server is slow it hinders how quickly our credit card payments process, or my ability to update the menu for the upcoming service. I've also had instances where credit card payments were processed twice on a customer because the server was operating slowly and didn't communicate properly with our credit card processor.

The ease in training new employees is fantastic. I cuts down on total training hours and gets them actively involved in the normal operations more quickly than with other point of sales I've experienced in the past. The benefits far outweigh the cons that we have experienced so far. Lavu creates updates to solve issues within the program and they are extremely easy to download and update. Communication with Lavu is great as is their customer service and responsiveness.

Lavu review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"POSLavu Great POS "

What do you like best?

The UI. From the beginning Lavu has nailed the user interface, and they keep improving on it. The price point works very well for smaller size businesses as well.

What do you dislike?

Lack of payment integration in Canada. This has really hurt POSLavu once TouchBistro signed Moneris. I know it is a very hard thing for software companies to deal with Canada's red tape with the payment gateway companies.

I would also love to see the services such as Loyaltree, etc be available in Canada. Customers contact us with excitement about services they see on the Lavu site, only to be let down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because I see many POS systems in my line of work, I find that customers using POSLavu learn the software very quickly and with fewer mistakes than I have seem with many other systems. An easy learning curve means you get right down to business much quicker. A business making money is always a happy business. POSLavu gets my customers to that level very quickly.

The need for a POS system. I deploy POSLavu and maintain POSLavu for all of my customers.

Lavu review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Just What We Needed!"

What do you like best?

Lavu propelled us forward and saved my sanity. Before implementation we were hand writing orders, splitting checks on a calculator and preparing EOD reports manually. Now orders go into the kitchen faster, customer requests are easier to accommodate and current and historical reports are easily available.

What do you dislike?

Lavu's customer service staff seems inadequate forts volume of users. Call wait time can be 15 minutes or more.

I can track sales by item or meal period, create a variety of reports and increase customer satisfaction.

Lavu review by Vickie D.
Vickie D.

"Lavu is a good POS system"

What do you like best?

This is a POS system that is affordable. We have used it for over a year and the reports are really good.

What do you dislike?

If your internet is slow it can cause problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Internet is the main thing, they are improving that though. The only thing that was not explained to me was the credit card batching, but that was not Lavu, it was a company selling the product. After that and getting the online training it all went well.

Not having to hand write tickets has been great. The food items missed on ringing up these tickets has paid for the system.

Lavu review by Bob M.
Bob M.

"Lavu as a teaching tool"

What do you like best?

I use Lavu in my culinary training course and I like the flexibility of the system. My students find the system very intuitive to work with and figure out what they need to.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few problems when our IT department makes changes that affect Lavu sending to the printers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It is very easy to understand and integrate into an operation.

Lavu allows me to work on the system anywhere I am. This is a great feature as we work in a classroom, a running dining room and a working kitchen.

Lavu review by Scott N.
Scott N.

"Student Real Life Industry Learning Experiences"

What do you like best?

Being able to use IPads and ease of access in making menu modifications.

What do you dislike?

Haven’t really experienced a situation that would be relevant to dislike.

We now have the capability to process credit/debit transactions resulting in an increase in covers.

Lavu review by Arran W.
Arran W.

"Lavu has provided an economic solution to setting up a small business "

What do you like best?

The software was suitable to the type of business use from the start.

What do you dislike?

Down time using a cloud based system when internet is playing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost of setting up the systems vs a typical POS system.

Stock control and also staff rosters and clock in / off sheets.

Lavu review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Terrible Service"

What do you like best?

easy to use, but does not make up for the lack of support

What do you dislike?

Terrible service.

I have been trying to contact support for months just to find out our contacts have closed shop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually provide support

none

Lavu review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Good system for a small retaurant. It's not fun to ba at the mercy of the internet."

What do you like best?

The ease to load menu items and to access data online at home or mobile

What do you dislike?

When the internet goes down so does your ability to take credit cards.

We have had problems with work stations recognizing printers.

I would like a better scheduling program where you do not have to enter each time slot for each employee each day

Instant accessibility to restaurant sales

Sorry didn't know how to load a screen shot for latter discount

Lavu review by Internal Consultant in Real Estate
Internal Consultant in Real Estate

"Lavu has increased efficiency and accuracy in our orders."

What do you like best?

Ability to know how the business is doing in real time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we get internet problems, due to local issues and we need to set up the system again (referring to printer and cash drawer settings).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to get the required internet, so that you wouldn't have to face with configuration problems later.

We do have improved our efficiency, we give our customers a faster service than we used to.

Lavu review by Janel K.
Janel K.

"Still undecided on my rating"

What do you like best?

I like the detailed reporting but sometimes they are cumbersome

What do you dislike?

when there are issues they just seem to get lost in cyberspace

Sales reporting and more accurate ordering

Lavu review by Executive Sponsor in Restaurants
Executive Sponsor in Restaurants

"Generaly very good"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and minimal training required.

What do you dislike?

Importing data is long and must be done for each type of report wanted, as opposed to getting all data.

There is no proper support for GST in Canada, which applies to the whole country.

There were a lot of errors with the manual cash registers with balancing at the end of the day.

We are able to track our sales which allow us to plan our production.

Lavu review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Decent"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and the ability to see my more detail then any other program

What do you dislike?

I am constantly having issues with orders processing through and always having to restart the app.

Being simple and not having to deal with a bulky Pos system has been a huge part of having lavu.

Lavu review by Jon C.
Jon C.

"Lavu is an excellent product."

What do you like best?

I love that it works with all my exiting iOS based platform hardware depending on my licensing setup.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to support android devices to lower costs and allow employees with android phones to input orders without adding to my equipment costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

But it! You won't be sorry!

Inventory, POS system, etc.

Lavu review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great"

What do you like best?

The ease of use

And the reports are amazing

What do you dislike?

The inventory system is extremely difficult to use

We are solving the problem of having Longline steel with only cash the benefits that I have realized are the ease of use and the tracking is amazing

Lavu review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"It started out on shakey ground, but they have improved greatly"

What do you like best?

Ease of use , splitting checks , ability to access reports, cost. The Lavu system runs right off of Apple iPads. You know exactly what equipment is needed and the retail cost of it

What do you dislike?

We had issues with processing cards , the cloud shutting down. This experience really soured me on Lavu. Because nothing is worst than not being able to accept payments when your restaurant is full..

It runs the restaurant.

Lavu review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great starting point for a small operation"

What do you like best?

really liked the layout and ease of back-end input.

Visual sales reports were also a plus.

Generally easy for servers to pick up and learn

What do you dislike?

Some of the finer functions like bill splitting and modifiers were unpolished.

Required reliable internet for basic licence. Not good with rural internet service.

Much faster order taking and cleaner organization of tickets.

Sales/account/reconciling

Lavu review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Detailed program"

What do you like best?

Being able to track my sales and inventory even off site.

What do you dislike?

It was sometimes limited in how we needed to program some of our specials and food/drink items.

Better inventory tracking and saving money by better utilizing this feature rather than limiting ourselves to personnel hand counting inventory.

Lavu review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Ok pos system, terrible connectivity issues all around."

What do you like best?

Being able to work on it online any where, not just in store.

What do you dislike?

constintly has printer ond Kitchen monitor issues and the ipod touchs freeze all the time

None

Learn more about Lavu

Lavu Videos

Learning about Lavu?

* We monitor all Lavu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.