LawPay

LawPay is a payment solution for attorneys looking to accept online credit card payments in their practice.

Work for LawPay?

Learning about LawPay?

LawPay Reviews

Showing 12 LawPay reviews
LawPay review by <span>D. Mathew B.</span>
D. Mathew B.

The Perfect Payment Processor for Law Firms

What do you like best?

What I like best about LawPay is that they understand the regulations and ethical rules that apply to lawyers. I've had multiple experiences with other banks and payment processors that simply do not understand the importance of these rules. A mistake by my processor can, and often does, result in disciplinary action by the Supreme Court of Colorado. A single mistake with a client's money is simply not acceptable and lawpay recognizes the importance of this situation.

The service is very easy to setup and use, we were up and running on the same day.

What do you dislike?

Constant reaffirmation of the browser session. I appreciate the security feature but it is really annoying. I'd rather be annoyed than have someone charge a client a unauthorized fee. Otherwise, there's nothing I dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use them, credit card processing into a trust account is not something you want messed up.

Lawpay makes it very easy to have clients pay you. We can run cards in the office, over the phone, or send a link directly to the client so they can pay themselves. #1 rule of business is to make it easy to get paid. There's nothing more annoying than a client attempting to make payment arrangements, not being able to, and then disappearing without having paid. Lawpay makes it very easy for clients to pay and when there is an issue the system sends a clear reason for failure and customer service is readily available for more complex issues.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LawPay
LawPay review by <span>Barb B.</span>
Barb B.

Would recommend LawPay - easy use, low fees

What do you like best?

LawPay is very user friendly. I think my favorite feature is the recharge. It can get to be a pain re-entering client credit card numbers in each time they call our office to make a payment. It's easy to refund as well. I like that we can send a link directly to clients to make their payments.

What do you dislike?

I think it's obnoxious to have to enter a security code every 30 days. Sometimes the email doesn't send right away. The only thing I would change would be to offer an ability to view the client's credit card number. It's come up a few times where it would have made things easier to review the number. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Low fees, very user friendly.

Our case management software has discontinued their payment services so we are no longer able to run credit cards through it. LawPay makes it easy for us to send a link to clients to make a payment and we just add it manually to their client portal. It's beneficial to be able to send a link to clients to make retainer replenishment payments. It's quick and easy and I don't have to mail out letters and sit on the phone with them getting their information, they can do it at their convenience.

What Other Legal solution do you use?

LawPay review by <span>Eva D.</span>
Eva D.

Makes Processing Credit Card Payments a BREEZE!

What do you like best?

There are several ways to process a credit card, either swiping in person, manually or via email! What I like best is that the credit card link can be included when emailing client invoices and when a client contacts me to pay their bill with a credit card, I can easily email them a link, and they can then enter their own information. I get an email with payment confirmation and a few days later the funds are deposited into our account! You can even set-up automatically monthly client payments for clients on a payment plan.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the fees are a little excessive, especially for American Express users

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you operate any type of business, I recommend LawPay! These days everyone is paying with a credit or debit card. LawPay's monthly fee is extremely low, and there are several ways to process a payment! As a law firm, we have several bank accounts, including operating accounts and trust accounts -with LawPay you can set up as many accounts as you wish, and it's extremely user friendly! We've been able to collect a lot of old debts from clients who did not have the funds, but had a credit card to use.

Prior to LawPay, we were unable to accept credit card payments. Many times clients wouldn't necessarily have the funds to pay their bill, but they had a credit card available. Now with LawPay we are able to accept credit cards, therefore we are collecting payments from clients that otherwise wouldn't be able to pay their bill. And with the automatic charge option, we are able to collect regular monthly payments from clients with large balances.

LawPay review by <span>Stephanie H.</span>
Stephanie H.

LawPay is great for small office!

What do you like best?

I really like how Clio interfaces with LawPay which makes our billing so much easier! We can send our invoices with a LawPay link directly from our Clio file and the process is automated!

What do you dislike?

Having to validate the server every single time I log into law pay!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. I can only attest to it's benefit for our small, one attorney office. But we do practice in multiple areas pf North Carolina and it has made our lives a lot easier!

Much quicker turn around for trust requests and invoice payments. Allows our clients easier access to pay their bills through he online portal.

LawPay review by <span>Senaida M.</span>
Senaida M.

LawPay Review

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Definitely appreciate the ability to send a link to a client to be able to make a payment outside business hours. Also appreciate the ability for clients to receive a receipt of payment almost instantly via email.

What do you dislike?

At times, when a transaction is failed, it doesn't always provide additional reasons as to why it failed. Also don't appreciate that sometimes LawPay will impose restrictions without warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent program.

LawPay has definitely solved our ability to take card payments from the comfort of our computer. No additional set up/gadgets needed.

LawPay review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

Multiple features

What do you like best?

I like the recurring payments set up, and searching for past transactions is very easy. I can search by partial name, amount, date range and account.

What do you dislike?

The only thing it is lacking is to integrate into our case management software. It can be set to send an email anytime a payment goes through, but then it has to be manually logged in the client's invoice in our case management software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for recurring payments and you can email payment links to clients to pay online.

Being able to do recurring payments helps keep our clients that are in payment plans on track.

Learning about LawPay?

* We monitor all LawPay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.