Lead Forensics

3.7

B2B lead generation through IP tracking that turns unknown web visitors into new business leads.

Work for Lead Forensics?

Learning about Lead Forensics?

Lead Forensics Reviews

Showing 84 Lead Forensics reviews
Lead Forensics review by Gary B.
Gary B.

"Useful tool to understand how website seo, web ads, foreign ads, and general marketing are working."

What do you like best?

Seeing who visits the website, their timing and multiple visits, which products are specifically looked at, which drawings are downloaded, and who has responded to a clickable link in a direct campaign.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike about how it functions. The one obvious shortcoming is that you do not get a person's name, only their company name. When a smaller company visits, tracking down the correct engineer to prospect to is possible. But when a large company visits (with thousands of employees and multiple sites and divisions) it is a long shot that you could use the visit info to connect the dots to the exact contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For brief background - we are a small OEM mechanical parts manufacturer selling to other manufacturers. Through a long sales cycle, working with our customer's engineers, we hope to get designed into their device and then stay in for that product's life-cycle. Our main first point of contact is our website, through searches, paid ads, and links from where we advertise.

The original reason for starting with Lead Forensics was very simple - just to see who was visiting our site. (And that is how it was pitched to us by Lead Forensics.) We wanted to know if our marketing was working and to see how active marketing changes affected traffic.

In line with that thinking, our first Lead Forensics customer account manager basically reviewed visits to the website with me and helped to setup some reports. I thought that was it. Just a reporting tool.

Luckily there was a change and Michelle Moura became our Customer Success Manager. A huge difference in the right direction. Michelle doesn't just review who visits, but has shown me how to use Lead Forensics as a marketing tool. We have begun to send out targeted emails with traceability that report back into Lead Forensics. These reports are now customized to come every morning. Michelle has also shown me how to dig into selected leads to try to find the appropriate contact person. Most importantly, she keeps pushing me each week to focus on using Lead Forensics as a tool to try to bring in new business, rather than just as a reporting tool.

Understanding how our website (torqmaster.com) is working. Looking at seo, paid web ads, foreign ads, foreign language ads, and other marketing channels. Seeing if links come through from our other paid advertising. Seeing if email marketing campaigns drive people to the website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lead Forensics
Lead Forensics review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"Slow, Rarely Updated, Poor Interface, and Can't Customize"

What do you like best?

It tracks some visitors to our website and reports what company about half of them are associated with. Or who the visitors ISP is.

Honestly, the data isn't reliable because there are far too many flaws, so we rarely, if ever, use this information.

What do you dislike?

Where to start...

1. The platform is horribly slow

2. It's not scalable.

3. The data is unreliable and incomplete

4. Half of my support tickets have been resolved. Half.

5. The ability to filter is very limited.

6. The user interface isn't intuitive (they're a UK company, so there's a language barrier, too)

7. Automating the tagging of URLs is restrictive & unreliable

8. Can't create custom referral sources

... and I could go on. It is an attempt at a money grab. They force you into a long-term contract and then leave you high-and-dry. I haven't heard from my account manager in ~6 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the alternatives. Especially if you're looking for the platform to integrate another platform.

LeadForensics doesn't integrate with anything except for a hacked together plugin for Salesforce. Snitcher, Leady, or like I mention above, Datanyze, Clearbit have enterprise options.

We're trying to use Lead Forensics as the first step in our digital prospecting efforts. We haven't realized any benefits. In fact, it's been an unnecessary expense for our department and set our MarTech strategy back. Onboarding was laborious and slowed us down only to have the software fall flat.

Datanyze, Clearbit, and other companies have far superior products for marginally more. Use one of them.

What Visitor Identification solution do you use?

Lead Forensics review by Jeffrey P.
Jeffrey P.

"What's not to like?"

What do you like best?

The service itself is invaluable but the customer service is incredible. Clarissa and Caroline are first-rate and helped make the purchase and training enjoyable and effective. We can't wait to get rolling with leads, leads, leads.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to see here....move along. We are in the process of implementing but so far so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be a fool and think it's a scam. This is a legit company helping businesses do business. If you're not using some kind of lead generation software you might as well as your salesman to walk through deep snow drifts without snowshoes.....they won't get very far, very fast.

Too early to comment on the benefits we've realized but of course we're looking for qualified leads. What business isn't? Still, Lead Forensics is the leader of the pack so don't think just act and you will be on your way to a brighter day.

Lead Forensics review by Dylan A.
Dylan A.

"Software Matches What Demo Looks Like"

What do you like best?

Lead forensics software does exactly what you want it to, its as good as you use it. Just like anything else, it takes time to get results

What do you dislike?

The software is a bit limited, I wish I could get more contact info but its technologically impossible

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sales team told us you can cancel the contract at anytime. Now, our customer service contact (Maurae) says that we can't stop billing because its a one year contract and we will have to pay no matter what for the duration of the contract.

Erik was our sales guy who said we could stop at any time. Don't use lead forensics, the product is sub-par as well.

Lead generation is why we signed up for lead forensics, we've realized additional industries we didn't know were interested in our services

Lead Forensics review by Gina M.
Gina M.

"Great Analytics Software for Website"

What do you like best?

Having the ability to see who visits our website, how often & from what location. The platform also offers a lot of organization & notification options, for when you have multiple employees following up with leads &/or want real time notifications of who visits the site. It's also useful for us to see how they got to our site. They assign you a "Success Manager" to help with anything you need & ours (Nate Jones) is very friendly & checks in quite often to see if we need any further guidance with the platform.

What do you dislike?

It would be ideal if they offered packages that include a certain number of email contacts per month. Right now, you have to pay extra to buy email addresses & it feels like this should be an included feature since we're already paying customers. Sometimes it's hard to find contacts if the business is very small & we're still figuring out how to make the follow up process work best for us, so it does have a bit of trial & error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a follow up plan in place, since you wouldn't want to let all this information go to waste.

We're able to see what industries are most interested in our products & which campaigns are the most successful. It's a great way to acquire leads that are already interested in your product.

Lead Forensics review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"No-Brainer Must Have Tool For Anyone Who Cares About Site Traffic & Metrics "

What do you like best?

3,483.33% ROI to date. The cost is justified, interface intuitive and easy, results are outstanding. Want to know who visits your website but doesn't convert? Lead Forensics tells you. Want to see who comes in via paid campaigns but doesn't convert? Lead Forensics tells you. Want to isolate clients from prospects in terms of volume web traffic, but it's a pain to figure out in Google Analytics? Lead Forensics tells you.

And it's backed with first class service. We're not the biggest company nor spender, but you would never tell that by the way our CS team responds to help, make suggestions or check in. Jessica is my current CS manager and all of her predecessors and peers match her energy & enthusiasm.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing I can think of is I'm disappointed we can't get IP addresses along side of the company names that visit. My main use case is I'd like to identify and isolate our clients that click on PPC ads to log into our software, enter them into our Google AdWords settings to block. I'd pay extra for this.

Identifying potential clients that visit our site and do not convert, especially from paid channels.

Lead Forensics review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Great additional insights for sales' prospecting"

What do you like best?

Lead Forensics provides a great way to see which companies are visiting your site and also provides a way to see the names, emails, etc. of the people that are working at the company. The tool makes it much easier to do sales' prospecting and it does so in an efficient manner. The dashboards and filtering are also much better than most platforms. Just a few clicks and I can see the contacts/companies in a given sale's territory.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Lead Forensics could integrate with HubSpot. This would provide excellent visibility into the current contacts that are known and the new contacts that are not yet known.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at ways to improve lead data, be sure to look for a company that can provide easy filtering and reporting (dashboards). You don't want a robust tool that is difficult for the users to use.

Sale's Prospecting and Lead data

Lead Forensics review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"Great at What it Does, but Make Sure you have Plan to Use Info it Generates"

What do you like best?

Love the fact that it e-mails me alerts of critical activity in case I forget to login. The intelligence the site can give you is amazing, so far and beyond Google analytics. Pretty easy to setup. Can be useful to proactively reach out to a potential lead that didn't make contact yet, but sometimes a little tricky to make it seem serendipitous and not a cyber stalking. It's not a primary source of leads for us, but sure is a great luxury to have!

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of help from company about how to take the information it generates and use it to create sales. The online "seminars" I did go to felt more like "how to con and get through a gatekeeper" rather than useful for high end technical sales. Need a way to use results that doesn't feel like cyber stalking. Wish they had a way to map our site to tell which pages were missing widget to allow for tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a plan of how you're going to use the information it generates.

We have a long sales cycle that can run hot and cold. This product is of course great for getting new leads, but is also great to have warning when a current customer is showing new interest or looking to reengage. Also can let you see when a competitor is poking around your site. Can be useful to proactively reach out to a potential lead that didn't make contact yet, but sometimes a little tricky to make it seem serendipitous and not a cyber stalking.

Lead Forensics review by Kimberly D.
Kimberly D.

"Powerful tool, excellent instructions"

What do you like best?

The Lead Forensics product is amazingly easy to use and really helps me to focus my client acquisition efforts. Alex Glick, our customer success manager, was patient, but didn't waste time in training us on this product. I felt that the whole team, from the initiator to the success manager, is very focused on my company's success in using Lead Forensics. Very excited to see how this affects our overall trend and sales efforts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about it. It is truly one of the best products I have seen for marketing and lead gen. I have spent a lot of time in piecemeal products, going from one sight to another to find the information I needed. This product does it all for me, and for a reasonable price too!

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, think about how much time you spend networking, calling, following up with emails, during your day. Then, ask yourself how much of that time is wasted because the target is not in the market right now. Now, how much of that time could you recover if you know a target company is actively looking for your services. Then, consider Lead Forensics.

Looking to solve the problem of wasting time with freezing cold calls. With Lead Forensics, I at least know which companies are in the market for my services. Makes it much easier to turnover a new client when I know who is looking.

Lead Forensics review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Best customer service - Ever!"

What do you like best?

Our Customer Success Manager, Taka Maki, has been incredibly helpful and upbeat in his enthusiastic dedication to our Lead Forensics account. We were up and running in no time, and easily integrated our Salesforce CRM in minutes, not days or months. We are enjoying the customized features LeadForensics provides to our sales team, and for our ABM objectives.

What do you dislike?

The API is so robust and easy to use, its a little frustrating when I have to slow down to learn new features. (JK. That's really not a problem.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lead Forensics came to me on a recommendation from a long time BI expert friend. She's looked at every tool out there, and recommended it to me and others, as I have served in two different marketing roles. I haven't been disappointed, and have already used this platform more than the previous one we used over a multi-year contract.

We like the insights and measures we can apply in our emerging ABM strategies and reporting. Now that our list loads are synced by specific sales team user, everyone is getting real time alerts and notifications of key prospect online activity and conversions. It's very cool.

"Lead Forensics Review"

What do you like best?

Lead Forensics has been a great value-add for our organization. It supplies real-time information on who is viewing your website, and on top of that, makes it an actionable lead. Having used a similar product in the past, I was blown away by the accuracy of the information that Lead Forensics provides. It's hard to imagine not utilizing Lead Forensics in our marketing department moving forward! On top of that, our designated account executive Alexander Glick is a total rockstar who's always ensuring that our experience with Lead Forensics is a success.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot to dislike so far with our partnership with Lead Forensics. They're doing a great job!

It's a great tool to provide lead information as well as timing on when possible prospects are visiting our website. As we all know, timing is everything in this business, so having a tool like Lead Forensics is truly a game changer.

Lead Forensics review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Great B2B tool for companies with an active sales team"

What do you like best?

What I like about Lead Forensics is that you can see the various companies that are visiting your company in real time. It's a really handy tool. It also has a very good dashboard that you can customize depending on the user, so whether you are middle management or if you have a specific focus, you can choose what you want to appear in your dashboard. With so many visits to your site, Lead Forensics helps you automate assigning certain visitors as lead, competitor, client simply by uploading lists.

What do you dislike?

I'm not too happy about the fact that the platform is only in English. If you're planning to use this for a sales team that doesn't have strong English skills, then they won't be able to use it. It's particularly crucial since a key part of the process is after seeing a lead, you have to track them down by contacting them straight away. If you can't understand the platform too well then it won't work at all. And getting a middleman to collect the leads and inform the sales team isn't too practical either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study your entire process and make sure the platform really fits in your company

We had a lot of visitors but there was no way to know who they are. We couldn't intervene until they filled a form in a landing page. Lead Forensics gives you that opportunity right when they visit and before reaching a lead collecting form.

Lead Forensics review by Nicolas M.
Nicolas M.

"Worst marketing investment ever"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process is the only thing that went well. Unfortunately for us it was not the most important part to leverage ROI.

What do you dislike?

- unreliable data. it makes the tool useless basically. our campaigns bounced 60% of the time (my stats for 9 months of un-interrupted use)

- poor matching rate between the websites visitors and their database. Our traffic mostly comes from the US, where they have supposedly the best match

- false promises. the sales guys shows you a nice Excel file to have you signed the contract. DO NOT TRUST ANY DATA in it: not the matching rate of the db, not their accurate data pitch etc.

- customer success. should be renamed customer failure. After the 4th month we asked for more customer success so we got a "dedicated" CS specialist. The guy promised t us an automated system with filters and delivery everyday. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. After 3 weeks CS stopped replying to our follow-up emails (that we sent because we got nothing). We reached out to the accounting dept (the only team that was getting back to us), and they try to follow up with the CS ... nothing happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign with them - the customer support won't help after they fail to deliver what they promised.

None. It was intended to identify our corporate website's visitors and contact them by email so they can book a demo. Not a single demo was booked after 9 months of use.

Lead Forensics review by User

"Crucial Tool for Leads and New Business"

What do you like best?

Alexander Glick and the team at LeadForensics have been extremely helpful and the service they offer no business should be without. This tool has given me crucial information for prospecting and getting in front of the right people. Pricing is very reasonable and based on the leads generated and new business coming in I am surprised it does not cost more. If I have any questions or need need to reach someone they are always available and going the extra mille to help. I am extremely grateful for a service like this and a representative like Alexander Glick. You guys rock! Thank you for all you do and the revenue you help generate. It would not be possible without Lead Forensics or the helpful information you have provided.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike with the service they offer or the quality of customer service. Alex and the team at Lead Forensics are on top of it and I could not ask for any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will not regret it!

Creating new business by contacting visitors going to my website that I was unaware of.

In 1 year that has increased new business by over 250k.

Getting myself, the company and our products in front of the right people.

Lead Forensics review by Lindsey W.
Lindsey W.

"Great Product; Even Better Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Lead Forensics provides the functionality to see all web visits with lots of information and the ability to apply filters to narrow your search. The tool overall is great, but the customer service is what has stood out to me. Once and a while I get someone to reach out and make sure my experience is still going well and see if they can help me in any way to improve my experience. I had someone set up a meeting with me to go over a few things and wound up making my search more narrowed and my job much easier!

What do you dislike?

I wish that on the visitor list screen there could be a way to view the web visits there instead of having to click into each one. I search through about 70 hits a day and have to click into each one to view what web pages they actually visited to see if they are worth contacting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering using Lead Forensics or even if you already have Lead Forensics, reach out to their team. They are very helpful and can answer any questions you may have about the product without being pushy. I haven't had a single bad instance with any member of their team.

We have found that there are many people who go to our website for the information that we post, but don't realize how much of a help we can actually be. So, by going and checking the web visits each day, we are able to contact the people that look like they're interested and have gotten quite a few new customers out of doing that.

Lead Forensics review by Crystal D.
Crystal D.

"Excellent program to increase sales from website viewers"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this program. I can easily see who is visiting our website and forward to salesman to follow up on possible leads. I like that you can see the pages the customer is viewing, so we can determine the type of product they are searching for. My Customer Success Manager, Michelle M, is so helpful and wonderful to work with. She has been extremely helpful in getting our program implemented.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more contact information on the companies. There are quite a few that have no contact names to reach out to. It is definitely not a major issue though since there are other options to obtain the contact names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying to increase sales for your company. It does not happen overnight, so give it time to get off the ground.

There are a lot of companies that visit out website daily and LF has helped us realize the potential sales we are missing out on. We can reach out to the companies and work on furthering our sales opportunities.

Lead Forensics review by Brady V.
Brady V.

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

It's great to see which accounts are hitting our website along with account data. We can filter our web hits by how large an account is by revenue or number of employees which is great for our Marketing team. Allows us to send campaigns to the right accounts based on filtering criteria.

What do you dislike?

As a Sales Operations Manager and SFDC Admin, it would be nice to see more integration between SFDC and LF. Being able to determine which accounts that hit our site are current customers would be helpful since Scrypt has a ton of customer accounts. You asked so this is my answer.

Being able to have our SDR team hit legit accounts in real time of when an account hits our site. Only problem is that LF doesn't include contacts of who the actual person is who visited our site. This is something that I know is difficult to track due to IP constraints but would be helpful. Either way it's a helpful tool at a reasonable cost compared to other tools like LF on the market.

Lead Forensics review by Ben T.
Ben T.

"A Useful Tool for Prospecting"

What do you like best?

This platform has some great potential and some great functionality. I love that you can see the actual companies that visit your site including contact information all in one place. The fact that that can be tied to the traffic source/attribution and even multi-touch/visitor level attribution is also very useful. A couple other very useful features are the way you can assign tasks to users and assign flagged leads to users. The other feature that deserves highlighting is the ability to set auto-filters for categorizing site visitors. For example you can set filters to flag current customers that come to your site, based on rules. This is very helpful in weeding through leads and visitors to your site.

What do you dislike?

This platform has some great potential and some great functionality as mentioned in the previous, "what do you like" response. But it also falls short in some areas and does not reach its potential.

I haven't found a way to upload in bulk filter criteria. For example, I'd like to just be able to upload a list (csv file?) of companies that are our clients or our vendors so they can be flagged automatically.

Also, I'd like to be able to be able to filter out current clients/vendors from all lead/visitor reports if I want to. Currently they are simply flagged with color codes, which is nice and useful, but sometimes I'd like to just not see those at all to focus on new prospects.

We've only started using this tool recently (2-3 months).

We're solving for the following problems

Difficulty engaging more leads/prospects efficiently

Difficulty easily passing lead/prospect data (leads for followup, leads' interest levels, leads contact information) from website visitors to our sales team members

Difficulty identifying leads/prospects who visit our website and attributing them to a marketing source to improve ROI on marketing

So far we've better engaged with our prospects and been able to better identify them as well.

Lead Forensics review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"All it takes is one win to get your ROI using the great tool!"

What do you like best?

Real time information and analytics on website activity. I have recently cleaned up our website to remove some of the least visited sites and moved the content to a more relevant page. Leadforensics allows you not just the ability to make informed decisions but has a nice way to filter sort and even gather up to date contact names.

What do you dislike?

Due to the nature of our company's technology I get a lot of .edu website hits so it is impossible to know the interest level or whether there is any type of real opportunity to be had. I have the ability to tag these as a "Supplier/Vendor" but I wish they would just not show up my list in the first place. No other real complaints, probably not leveraging all of the capabilities the tool has to offer but I only need one seat and it accomplishes more than I need it to already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the tool to prospect certain geographical territories. The filter and reporting functions on the site are very intuitive and easy to navigate.

The product I sell has a long sales cycle in a lot of cases so there is quite a bit of development that occurs before production revenue is realized. What Leadforensics gives me is an ability to understand the level of knowledge a prospect has about our technology. If they spend a good chuck of time on our "Process or About pages" I know there will be some education involved right away. There are other pages on my site that indicate the customer is somewhat versed in our technology so I know I can prospect with a slightly different talk track.

Lead Forensics review by Jill S.
Jill S.

"In case you're wondering, it's more than "Google Analytics""

What do you like best?

Prior to incorporating Lead Forensics into our sales funnel, I pulled up Google Analytics and manually searched for the domain names of companies visiting our site. After associating our site with Lead Forensics it was clear how many company visits we were missing out on, It's my understanding that Lead Forensics subscribes to numerous databases that allows them the ability to associate more IP addresses with business names than you can do with Google Analytics alone. It's incredibly easy to pull up a company, click on their visit history, review which pages (and for how long) they visited on your site, and make a plan for follow-up.

What do you dislike?

Lead Forensics typically bases their pricing on the volume of traffic your website receives. You install the code on your site, and after two weeks, you're provided with a $$. We negotiated a different package for our agency that includes flat-rate licensing to sell to our clients.

While you cannot typically find out who from a particular company visited your website from the information Lead Forensics provides, I am finding that I can often associate visits with a particular person when we send our monthly email newsletter out. I'm now easily able to follow our email "clickers" on their journey throughout our website after their initial email article click through and I can tailor follow-up messaging based on their specific visit (have they reviewed certain "case studies" on our site? which articles have they read? etc.).

Lead Forensics review by Albert B.
Albert B.

"Excellent sales and marketing tool"

What do you like best?

It helps you to identify the kind of organizations visiting your product or company website. The LF tool comes with a sophisticated portal and a mobile app but the best part is the active approach: daily e-mail notifications and monthly personal calls from Lead Forensics sales consultants forcing you to stay alert and intensify your sales activities.

What do you dislike?

First of all, it's obvious that you always wish for more than technically can be delivered. It's great to see that famous and reputable companies have visited your site, but the fact that you don't know who was the exact visitor can be frustrating since you cannot call the company and ask for the person who visited your site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before starting, have your website investigated by a SEO and SEA consultant. Optimized and fast websites stand a better chance. Most importantly, make sure your website attracts the desired audience. The more focus, the better the results.

We have made the effects of our marketing and sales activities measurable, forcing ourselves to be more to the point and actively strive for daily improvement. The personalized dashboard, e-mail notifications, sales calls notes, statistics, etc. It greatly contributes to effectively improving our marketing and sales.

Lead Forensics review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Can turn a cold call/email slightly warm"

What do you like best?

The tool is very good at what it does best - identifying businesses that have visited your website. I like the fact that it auto-refreshes in real time. That gives us the ability to quickly reach out via phone to try and engage that potential customer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Lead Forensics wants you to use credits (which cost more money than your monthly plan fee) to glean the names and emails of people from the organizations that have visited your website.

It's reasonably easily circumvented with a LinkedIn Sales Navigator subscription, but I'd rather that convenience be built into my monthly fee.

We have a fairly long sales cycle (8-12mo) in a niche market. Lead Forensics has helped us identify, reach out, and ultimately have a conversation with people who may not have taken the next step with us otherwise.

Lead Forensics review by Richard H.
Richard H.

"Great tool, helps improve campaign performance and shows a measurable return"

What do you like best?

Identifying companies that have visited our site is important to us in helping us to measure the success of our campaigns. We can instantly tag them as a prospect, customer etc and assign them using the lead manager tool to the relevant sales manager. We often see visits from email campaigns and PPC that have hit the site and not converted for whatever reason. By identifying them we can follow up and knowing that they have been on our site helps open conversations for our sale staff to begin building relationships with the buyer. The data tool is also really helpful. We know who our audience is so by filtering out those positions we are often able to identify the right person to be speaking to.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike as is the nature of our industry, but we receive a lot of visits from .ac websites which would be helpful if we could filter out completely. We get round this by tagging these as non-qualified and filtering out these visits using the options supplied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get out what you put in. Lead Forensics will identify companies that have visited your website but it won't directly increase your sales alone. If you know your audience and are aware of your activity then it is a fantastic tool that gives you that extra bit of information you may not have had from elsewhere. Use it correctly and it is very powerful. We have certainly increased conversions and gained sales we wouldn't have had without it.

Sales conversion. The tool has definitely helped us increase overall sales conversion. Without it, some of the customers we have gained would never have converted. A prime example is one large client we now have that was on our site reading some content. They didn't convert on the site, but our sales manager instantly got in touch with them and asked the right questions. Initially, they weren't directly looking for help, but by knowing they had been on our site we were able to complete a sale we wouldn't have had from any other means. This particular customer is now one of our largest accounts so the proof that Lead Forensics is valuable is in this alone.

Lead Forensics review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool to get the most from your adwords and feed your sales teams"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & a guaranteed source of hot leads

What do you dislike?

Would be good to get still get SEO keywords

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the most from your trial and follow up the leads properly.

Make sure you take time to speak regularly to an account manager to make sure you get the most from the portal. You need to make sure you are using it properly to get the best ROI from it.

Since we started using Lead Forensics, the leads generated have resulted in sales worth just under £500,000 in sales for our business. Revenue that would otherwise have been lost. It's reassuring to know we are able to get maximum results from our Google Adwords spend - which is fairly extensive. My business development team prioritise these leads over any other outbound source as they know they're hot and more likely to close. You need to have a good, proactive outbound approach to get the best ROI from it - which we have.

Lead Forensics review by Janet F.
Janet F.

"Visibility and patterns to our site covert into leads"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, dashboard. Clear format and the ability to change or add different filters are great. Love that it breaks it down to our very targeted sales areas so leads are easy to be distributed. Adds to our partner program and the ability to hand leads to our customers.

What do you dislike?

Once you learn how to pull and work the leads there is nothing to dislike. It took a bit for our sales team to adapt and follow through, however that is on our end not Lead Forensics'

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a plan on what you are looking to do with the visibility that you are given. This is merely a vehicle that allows you to reach out to potential leads but it is not a guarantee of sales. The more you learn how to best work the leads the better success in projects. We were able to allocate two large projects by using Lead Forensics but there was a lot of follow-up on all the leads that took time and sales efforts to find the right lead in. As with any lead it is also in the level of interest and how best your sales person can follow-up on it. Great way to enhance a lead generation program.

Typically, we receive leads from trade shows and on line arenas, this media allows us to take a look at potential business that are actually interested in specific products giving us a further reach at a better price than having to attend a show or other paid avenues that can be very costly.

Lead Forensics review by joi  g.
joi g.

"Caller ID for Your Website"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that it gave me a list of potential people that went to site that the sales people could call on

What do you dislike?

that we have to pay for the contact information of the individual customers of the companies that came to the site. we have to play seek and find for the contact information if we don't want to pay for the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Def do the free trail

lead generation. we want to know who's coming to the site and be able to put them in the funnel and pipeline

Lead Forensics review by Lee S.
Lee S.

"Small Businesses Should Avoid Lead Forensics"

What do you like best?

As a small business seeking to increase its customer base Lead Forensics does a very good sales job of convincing you their solution will provide you with the success you need. Don't believe the pitch.

What do you dislike?

We very naively took signed up for a Lead Forensic contract before realising that actually what we needed was more traffic and not information about the very small amount of visitors we receive via our site.

At the time of signing up we were looking for ways to improve lead generation and a CRM. We were advised that the CRM part was in development but it never materialised into a solution we could use. The sales pitch is all about landing that one big client that will justify the expense of the solution but if you don't have a lot of traffic in the first place how are you going to get a return on investment. After explaining to the CS team that after 8 months we haven't even used the system once, all they offered was a buy out of contract option, asking for £600+ upfront payment to end the contract.

For our small business the Lead Forensics solution has highlighted that we need to concentrate on generating more traffic and not looking at details of the very small quantity of visitors we receive.

To conclude Lead Forensics will not release you from your contract even if you don't use their system without without getting their money from you first. Our advice would be to save your money and spend it on marketing.

Lead Forensics review by User in Internet

"RUN AWAY...FAST!"

What do you like best?

That my contract expires this year. While it's simple to use, it's value is zero. 6 months in and NO ROI.

What do you dislike?

Despite having hundreds of visits a month, LF picks up less that 10% of visits. It's expensive and doesn't deliver the value they claim.

Watch out that they screw you 3% for CC transactions. Yes, that, and the tax addition (neither of which were mentioned by the sales person) ARE in the contract, so it should be my job to read it properly. However, with e-sign contracts there is the tendency to use the quick jump links to go to the next signature. Funnily enough, NONE of those land next to the tax or 3% CC charge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend your money elsewhere.

Marketing but it doesn't work.

Lead Forensics review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Extremely Expensive, No ROI and Doesn't monitor mobile traffic"

What do you like best?

Their sales pitch was brilliant, they hooked me in with promises of great ROI based on the data they could provide around the companies that visited our website

What do you dislike?

We didn't receive training for the first 3 months, this then lasted 3 months only and this is when they flagged up that we couldn't see which clients were visiting us via their mobile. Most of the clients we have view our website through their phone so we just were not capturing all visitors and missing out on a vital and large number of companies. In addition, if you have large global companies visiting your website then its a minefield as to who could be trying to contact you, we found it impossible to track the right people down.

I have been hugely disappointed with the company - its been an utter waste of money. Spend your money on Google Ads!

We were trying to get a better sense of who was interested in our company so that we could be quick to react to their needs. We have realised no benefit from using Lead Forensics

Lead Forensics review by Administrator

"An amazing analytics tool "

What do you like best?

Lead Forensics has been invaluable for our marketing team. Being such a young company, we learned so much by having industry insights from tracked visits. Lead Forensics boasts a very large database of contacts and companies. They also provide an impressive amount of tools to utilize said database so you can draw informed conclusions regarding marketing ROI.

What do you dislike?

There were some issues with our contract that were over my head. So, as far as being an admin goes, I didn't have many complaints about the product itself. It worked great for us and would have been even more effective if we had a bigger sales team to take advantage of all the data!

We mainly used to organize and analyze industry segment data and better place our product in the market. There was some passive lead gen that our small sales team did; but for the most part it was used by our marketing team to analyze ROI.

Lead Forensics review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Lead Insights- GREAT FOR BDR"

What do you like best?

You can instantly see who visited your site, how long they stayed on for, what pages they visited and even all the contact information (company information, and people employed by the company) at the click of a button. You can track metrics, auto trigger reports to the sales team, push to your CRM and even their own lead management tool. Color coding the leads and visitors as well as segmenting them by territories is also a great feature of MIE Solutions

What do you dislike?

The product can be glitchy at times but they are fixing this. CRM integration is not always consistent and can create multiple leads of the same information

Finding out who (companies) that are visiting the website and their flow. This is more deeper than standarm marketing automation tools and googles analytics.

Lead Forensics review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"A Terrible Experience"

What do you like best?

There is nothing I like about this software nor the exorbitant fees charged for zero results!

What do you dislike?

Their account manager, Bethan Jones, doesn't listen and you end up repeating things over and over. She is a robot - do the four step process and you'll get results is all she can trot out. We did the four step process many times and it never worked. When we asked to cancel the contract she stated that we had to see the contract through to the end. Terrible, terrible person and company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid at all costs

It was supposed to identify leads for us. Even following their four step process this doesn't work. There has been a negative benefit to the business because we've wasted time, effort and money on the software. It is the worst investment in software I have made in my 30 year career and I regret deeply getting involved with such a bunch of cowboys.

Lead Forensics review by Guy G.
Guy G.

"Additional insights to your website visitors over and above google analytics"

What do you like best?

Knowing which companies are browsing your website, and being able to focus marketing on people who are genuinely interested in our services

Dashboard gives a great overview, and the visitor list a succinct view of who's been looking

Reports and Dashboard effectively replace Google Analytics for our business!

What do you dislike?

"Account Managers" can be very salesy, but then this is the business they're in!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial, preferably at a time when you'll get the most from it, i.e. new website launch, corporate mail merge, etc

Additional info over click throughs and regular analytics - seeing what website visitors are interested in, and being able to focus efforts

Following mailshot clicks through their click journey, i.e. where did they go next, who did they forward to, etc

Lead Forensics review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Very Disappointed"

What do you like best?

I think if you are targeting very small companies, there are some good benefits to their system, and I do believe in the approach. The problem is in their honesty.

What do you dislike?

Plain and simple... they did not deliver what was promised. I was not born yesterday and have run 4 companies, so I do not take it lightly when I was sold by someone who knew my company was not the right kind of client for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is value here, but they completely misrepresented themselves to me and when I called them on it, it has been like fighting telecom customer service in the late 90s. I guess they are struggling tooth and nail for every dollar, or otherwise I don't honestly know what advantage they seek from treating their customers the way they do. Feel a bit scam-ish to me.

I hoped a lot, but in reality... none.

Lead Forensics review by Ian F.
Ian F.

"It's what they do not tell you"

What do you like best?

They do provide a system to help you convert anyone that they identify looking at your website. It is important for them to do this, to add value to your monthly cost. Their sales system is good and works.

What do you dislike?

We pay £200 a month for a 2 year contract, which would be fine if they identified visitors to our site in any great numbers. The thing is that is does not, in fact less than 5% of visitors who visited our site where shown on their reports. And over 50% of these where from universities or large companies where it was frankly impossible to find the viewer. We also had top pay extra for more details on each of these companies, which seemed a bit rich. In the first 6 months we have not spoken to one visitor of our website identified by Lead Forensics. All of our new clients obviously looked at our website, but none were identified by lead forensics as being visitors.

And what they do not explain in the sale pitch is that they cannot provide data from the majority of visitors to your website, which for us is the point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this service unless you can compare the info to other similar companies and Google analytics. Do not be concerned with the ROI as much as Lead Forensics sales are, ensure you get exactly what you need and the companies searching will be displayed.

So far we have just spent money on their service and a cold calling team with no results.

Lead Forensics review by Caleb H.
Caleb H.

"Lead Forensics has made it possible for us to distinguish true interest vs casual web browsing."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Lead forensics is being able to see how many times people have visited our website, how long they were on our website, and what pages they are spending time on. I have also enjoyed the customer service aspect of bi-annual check-in meetings. Ali Henderson is our Account rep and does a fantastic job of keeping us informed on new features and giving us personable service.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I am happy to say that have nothing to complain about!

Lead Forensics offers another piece of the sales puzzle that provides our team with measurable data to focus our outbound efforts more strategically.

Lead Forensics review by Administrator

"Beware. Bad customer service. No ROI. Very expensive."

What do you like best?

The use of the product, the implementation was simple. But beyond that, there was no ROI with this service.

What do you dislike?

Before our very expensive 2-year contract ended (actually after the first year) we told them we would not be renewing our contract. We also spoke to them the next year and again told them we would not be renewing. Then a month after the 2-year contract ended they threatened us with collections and informed us that we would have needed to notify them in writing, "on letterhead." Of course, they didn't mention that this was in the fine print of their lengthy contract when we twice told them we were not renewing! They said it didn't matter that we told them we would not be renewing. So, if you use them, be warned. They are a terrible company to do business with, no integrity, and they don't care about their relationships. No ROI, but lots of promises. Read the fine print. Buyer beware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Select another vendor!

We received no benefits, even after two years.

Lead Forensics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good for identifying early stage prospects"

What do you like best?

LF is great at giving you the ability to identify prospects before the convert - allowing you to reach out more proactively and hopefully influence their decision making process a bit earlier. The filters allow you to cut out much of the clutter - and focus in on what is important.

The SFDC integration is pretty good and allows you to use LF activity as another input into an account score.

What do you dislike?

The data that come in is great, but it can sometimes be difficult to get find the right way to reach out to prospects. Not really a problem with LF, more just on the strategy of how to reach out without coming across as creepy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid plan around using the data and are not just gathering it for the sake of gathering it...

We are primarily using this as an input into our account / prospect scoring which helps us prioritize and focus our efforts on companies that are most likely to close.

Lead Forensics review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Nice product for nurture, but not leads"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see which companies are visiting our website. We often will see companies on our site that are currently in our pipeline and we know it's a good time to reach out and connect again. In that sense, it's a been a good tool for us to nurture opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Many companies do not show up based on various IP address issues. I've tested this with major companies and they do not show as visiting our site. Additionally, if you do not have significant traffic to your site, this site will not generate enough leads to supplement your sales team in a meaningful way. I'd say at least 10K visitors or more per month is necessary.

More leads, more leads, more leads. As previously mentioned, we use this more for nurturing processes instead of lead generation at this point even though our initial purchase was to increase leads.

Lead Forensics review by Christine P.
Christine P.

"Lead Forensic Leads ROCK!!! "

What do you like best?

All the intricate features that you can utilize to discover the Best of the Best Leads!

ALEX is So Amazing and Knowledgeable of EVERY aspect of this Software!!!

What do you dislike?

I cant really think of anything I dislike. It has opened up so many new doors of opportunity!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just an Awesome Tool for Discovering New Quality Leads and Sales!

Knowing how many company's are reaching out to us for various needs. Capturing those companies and turning them into customers:)

Lead Forensics review by Jamie S.
Jamie S.

"Great website tracking software"

What do you like best?

We've been using Lead Forensics for several years and it is easy to use, helpful and informative. The dashboard is great and reports are easy to generate and schedule.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to say for dislikes at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software that shows visibility of who is visiting your site and what pages they are visiting. We have had no issues.

Visibility into who is visiting our website, what pages they visited and if they are clicking on specific landing pages.

Lead Forensics review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Customer Success management"

What do you like best?

Our customer success manager, (Alexander) has done a terrific job helping us maximize our utilization of the Lead Forensics product. I feel that we will achieve better results from the added attention and guidance.

What do you dislike?

A solid product that was ineffective due to lack of focus on our part and unfortunately not tracked by LF team to help provide additional guidance and stimulate effectiveness.

Track marketing and website effectiveness to help drive sales. With a few modifications and a better understanding of what we're trying to do, the customer success manager was able to show and provide tips and techniques to vastly improve our effectiveness with the tool.

"-- Waste of Money --"

What do you like best?

The concept is a good idea in theory

What do you dislike?

It tracks only major corporations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bad Product

The software concept is great, after speaking with the sales dept I advised them and discussed our very unique business. He advised me they can track majority of all traffic to our site small and large businesses. This is far from true! Majority of the sites that are tracked are huge corporations and its impossible to find who was on your site when calling them back. I call LEAD FORENSICS and spoke to my sales guy multiple times and discussed again that I thought you are able to track smaller business which is our market. I explained this is not what we were told and as a start up $650 a month is a lot considering the software is useless. They told me they would not let me out of the contract... THIS SOFTWARE IS USELESS ..

None

Lead Forensics review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Great for warm leads!"

What do you like best?

The CRM integration makes it easy to assign leads to sales for them to start working within their CRM.

What do you dislike?

The query data process could be a little quicker, but still a very helpful feature!

Identifying more leads to reach out to. Since we are able to contact the opportunity earlier in their journey it allows us to get ahead of our competition.

Lead Forensics review by Thamara K.
Thamara K.

"Good, does not always meet requirements"

What do you like best?

User interface - The sleek user interface is inviting and easy to navigate

Filtering ability - Lead Forensics offers a wide range of filters that can be used to segment your website visitors.

Easy to digest analytics - Lead Forensics offers basic, easy to understand analytics of your website visitors on the Dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Limited information in some regions - While LeadForensics gives good information about prospects in North America, the same cannot be said for other regions of the world. Asia and many European countries fall under primary regions for my company and we have failed to obtain the data we want through Lead Forensics on many occasions.

Minimum integration capability brings about a challenge in some businesses because this would mean that a lot of time will have to be spent individually to duplicate the same data in two or more systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Lead Forensics to anyone who's looking at North America as a primary region of interest. The tool offers very limited insights and information on prospects in Asia and even Europe.

It would be a good idea to create a lead scoring model specific to Lead Forensics and perhaps couple this with a tool like Marketo.

Lead Forensics is a proven way if you want to have a general understanding about the website visitors you have from different parts of the world. This helps my team and my colleagues by providing fresh new leads 9even though very cold on a daily basis).

Lead Forensics review by User

"Lead Forensics' Alexander Glick is helping improve our lead generation"

What do you like best?

My excellent Customer Success Manager, Alexander Glick. The Lead Forensics software is great; it has so much functionality that having someone like Alex to guide us is a critical feature. Alex not only helps us understand how to work with the software but also provides valuable sales and lead qualification support.

What do you dislike?

As a relatively new user, I am just getting up to speed on all the benefits Lead Forensics offers.

We are learning more about the information our prospects and clients are interested which is helping us target our marketing campaigns and informs our website content.

Lead Forensics review by Shelby O.
Shelby O.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

My account rep, Caroline Neidlinger, has been great! She is friendly, enthusiastic, and provides helpful tips and insights!

What do you dislike?

A deal pipeline with automations would be a nice addition to the platform.

Enables us to know who is interested in our brand, and what they are specifically looking for so that we can follow up with knowledge and confidence.

Lead Forensics review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"A massive insight in to everything about my business and so easy to use."

What do you like best?

The portal is very easy to use, the set up and support was great throughout the whole end to end process. i use this system everyday to see how campaigns are working and the business is maximizing on profits.

What do you dislike?

i would like it to be able to send me weekly reports from the system based on number of visits, what campaigns are working best and ensure our marketing strategies are working well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS REPORTING SOFTWARE TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME, REVIEW YOUR MARKETING STRATEGIES AND MAXIMISE ON LEADS/SALES.

We can view how the different marketing campaigns are working based on the different landing pages, it gives me all the information about where we have all the leads coming from and because we have all our data in the system, it shows us stats on what other products people/business owners and interested in.

Lead Forensics review by Ellen W.
Ellen W.

"Great Service for Lead Generation"

What do you like best?

We love Lead Forensics. It's a great additional resource that our sales team uses on a daily basis. The information that we have access to is great for both Sales and Marketing departments.

Anytime I have a question about a feature or function within the portal, the Lead Forensics support staff is always there. Caroline is our assigned support agent and she is always checking in on us to make sure we're successful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike about Lead Forensics.

Helps with lead generation and identifying who is shopping for our product.

Lead Forensics review by Charlie R.
Charlie R.

"Great tool to see who interacts with your website"

What do you like best?

Pretty good accuracy to see what companies are visiting your website through a reverse IP lookup. There is a Salesforce connection that we didn't fully take advantage of, but I could see that helping.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see who at the company is the one viewing your content and not seeing the Google search terms if they came from search, but that is a Google thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go in knowing that you will not see the individual person data, more at the company level, but you can sometimes deduct who it is.

This helps to solve who interacts with your content and what topics are the most relevant. We saw insight into who does what on our site from this.

Learning about Lead Forensics?

* We monitor all Lead Forensics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.