LeanData

LeanData

LeanData helps companies make the most of their demand through lead to account matching and intelligent lead routing.

Work for LeanData?

Learning about LeanData?

LeanData Reviews

Ask LeanData a Question
Showing 91 LeanData reviews
LeanData review by Deb W.
Deb W.

"Making connections to improve Account-Based Marketing effectiveness"

What do you like best?

Great matching algorithm - LeanData fills a gap in Salesforce.com's Lead to Account/Contact schema and makes it easy for us to connect the dots for ABM. LeanData also highlights possible duplicates and makes it easy to merge.

The talented folks at LeanData are super-responsive and truly understand our business needs. They make sure we're up to date with new features and items that will help our processes, and can turn around config changes quickly.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much to dislike - we use a very specific piece of the LeanData solution, so I know this is a narrow use case. I would encourage evaluators to understand the full range of what LeanData has to offer.

Account-based Marketing with Salesforce - route inbound leads that match to existing owned account/contact to specific owner and/or queue. Easy to spec out complicated routing rules.

LeanData's match between Leads and Accounts/Contacts in Salesforce fills a gap that allows us to dedupe across entities and also see marketing activity in existing accounts easily.

LeanData also helps us report much better on Campaign Influence and grouping parent and child companies together for aggregated reporting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LeanData
LeanData review by Steven T.
Steven T.

"Great tool for any Sales Ops team"

What do you like best?

LeanData is a great tool that has helped us route leads more accurately and also clean up our Salesforce database by matching leads to contacts and finding dupes. We also are finding great insight from the attribution feature and finding out the impact of our marketing efforts on deals in the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have LeanData run an auto covert of all new leads into our system and also allow us to run actions off of the list analyzer rather than just give me a CSV telling me there are matches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand our routing process and make sure LeanData can achieve all of your needs.

LeanData has helped us build better lead and contact routing flows and improve data quality. Attribution has helped us give a better picture of how our marketing efforts impact our deals and help move deals along.

What Salesforce AppExchange Tools solution do you use?

LeanData review by Jill M.
Jill M.

"LeanData is my favorite software"

What do you like best?

There is no limit to what you can create with this routing system. When paired with the process builder it is extremely powerful. We have been able to build what looks like an extremely complex system, but is actually very logical and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Please, please, please bring back the ability to see who is up next in the round robin rotation and manually adjust this.

I would also love documentation on best practices for testing your routing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can no longer make the out of the box SFDC routing work. This is the best product to solve that issue.

We have been able to cut down on the manual work involved around a traditional round robin system. The duplicate and lead to account matching have been great. We have been able to automate our distribution of leads.

LeanData review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"I didn't realize how much time LeanData would save me"

What do you like best?

I am the primary user of the Routing module in SalesForce. I didn't realize when we were thinking of buying the product how much time this feature would save me. The Routing module has made my life as my company's SalesForce admin significantly easier. Routing was much more time consuming previously. There were multiple changes to our Sales team almost immediately after we implemented LeanData, and the ease of looking at the flows made it extremely quick to change routing to new team members and replace old ones.

The implementation team was also top-notch and very helpful, anticipating and solving several issues before they even happened.

What do you dislike?

Not much so far. The only qualm that I kept from giving a '10' as a recommendation is the cost, as despite the usefulness, this is a still a bit of a luxury given that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention during the implementation to understand how the product works. I've gone from having to ask multiple questions at each stage to feeling confident that I can make changes on my own in a matter of weeks because of that.

Being the SalesForce admin at my company is a second job on top of my primary responsibilities, so any tool that reduces the time I have to spend managing SalesForce is a godsend. I would estimate that LeanData has reduced the time spent figuring out routing flows by at least 75%, not to mention making it easier to figure out why something did not route correctly when that happens.

LeanData review by Margo N.
Margo N.

"Most robust SFDC L2A tool out there!"

What do you like best?

- Drives revenue by identifying connections between previously disconnected data

- Smarter, more visual lead/account routing

- Automated scrubbing

- Multi-touch attribution using SFDC campaigns

What do you dislike?

- Record-matching algorithm is sometimes too rigid/simplistic for companies with more custom SFDC instances

- Because of the complexities LeanData solves for, it can take a while to explain the business case and gain consensus from non-operational execs

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at several tools, and LeanData blew them all away in terms of features and knowledgeable support.

- Account-based marketing: As my clients' marketing/sales teams develop target prospect account lists, any inbound leads that match companies on those lists get immediately routed to the owner of the targeted account in Salesforce. An email notification also gets triggered to the sales rep, alerting them of the match made. This functionality is eliminating the time and human error associated with lead scrubbing, as well as ensuring prospects are getting followed up with by the sales rep that knows the most about that company's account.

- Record routing: Salesforce native lead assignment rules are the pits. My clients' sales ops personnel are continually blown away by the capabilities and ongoing updates to the LeanData routing tool. Any integration-created lead/account is now automatically scrubbed and routed to the most appropriate owner. This has been a huge time-saver especially in terms of account routing, since there was no way to easily automate that before LeanData.

- Salesforce reporting flexibility: LeanData comes with new report types that connect previously disconnected objects, allowing users to see new relationships and develop better insights. For example, we can now run a report to see a sales rep's top high-value targeted Accounts with any matched Leads, giving the rep more contacts to potentially connect with and sell to. We also have much more flexibility in building reports to show how Campaigns are influencing pipeline & revenue, including multi-touch attribution.

LeanData review by Ablla F.
Ablla F.

"Lead Routing is awesome! And Kevin Au is a rockstar!"

What do you like best?

We are implementing LeanData Lead Routing and to say I'm excited is an understatement. During our testing, we tried our best to break it and it answered every single time. The platform is extremely easy to use and configure. More importantly, Kevin Au, our success manager has been an incredible partner throughout the process. Within one week of our project launch, he had configured 75-80% of our workflow on his own. Additionally, he has enabled us to configure the product ourselves so that we are empowered to make changes as needed without requiring additional assistance. I can't say enough about how positive an experience this has been!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far...this is WAY better than lead assignment rules in SFDC, so I have no complaints.

I'm especially excited about the Lead to Lead Matching, especially as it relates to our Round Robin queue. This was a big problem for us last year and one of the main reasons we chose to go with this product.

LeanData review by Chelsea R.
Chelsea R.

"Must have for B2B marketers focused on short follow up times and efficient complex routing"

What do you like best?

The lead and contact router functionality has allowed us to build out a pretty complex routing system that takes into consideration opportunities, account priority, target account structure, team members who are working the account, geography, etc. The router and round robin takes a while to get set up but is well worth it!

What do you dislike?

I've seem to come across quite a few bugs within the system but my contacts and support have been very responsive when there have been issues. LeanData doesn't claim to offer robust de-duplication functionality but it would be awesome to have more complexity of admin options for deduplication (like if two records are merged provide the ability to map one of the emails if different to an alternate email field).

Improving follow up times, accurate routing, reducing the amount of time that has to be spent on manual lead conversion

LeanData review by chandra v.
chandra v.

"good. Product address main issues we face with the Lead Assignment (OOB)"

What do you like best?

1. Multiple Round robin assignment setting

2.Duplicate Lead-Contact Match (and auto conversion with the match, this saves tons of time to work with the Duplicate Leads and hassle of conversion by salesteam)

3.Revenue attribution from marketing Prospective

What do you dislike?

1. More enhancement to the LeanData Tab and more documentation about the Package.

2.More visibility with the Package upgrade( like release notes which explains the Point)

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Easy UI for All the Assignment/Attribution/Lead Match Setting.

2. Good Support team and easy to sync up.

1. Duplicate lead Contact Match and Auto Conversion(saves time for Sales team to work on this duplicate leads)

2.Duplicate lead-lead match (saves time for sales team to work on the new business )

3.REvenue attribution from marketing prospective

LeanData review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"Solves the "Lead Island" issue in SFDC"

What do you like best?

I'm so happy that Sirius Decisions recommended LeanData to me. What makes LeanData awesome is that it matches Leads to Accounts and gives you the ability to show account level info on the lead record (saves SDRs time having to find the account) AND allows you to auto-assign to the correct rep based on a set of criteria (Has open oppty, is a named account, goes to the Channel/Partner team, etc.). In an ABM model, this is a critical time saver. The benefits carry over to the marketing team as well. Once you can match a new lead (or existing) to an account, you can better segment individuals into the right programs.

Recently, we made the decision to get rid of Leads completely, and now convert everything to Contacts. This better supports our Demand Unit Waterfall framework as well. Being able to auto-convert was a requirement for the DUW process. Since making that change at the beginning of the year (2 years after starting with Lean Data) we are happy! Rarely do we see a contact mis-associated to the wrong account, and usually when it does happen it's the result of other contacts having been mis-assigned in the past.

With the Demand Unit framework in place (we use the Opportunity Object in Saleforce) we get even more leverage out of the Attribution/Marketing Touch tracking with LeanData. Now, instead of just having an understanding which Sales Opportunity stage (Or pre-oppty) a touch happened, we have much more robust tracking around the Marketing Funnel stages as well. Can't recommend enough!

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is around the lack of configuration around mutli-product companies. We have multiple solutions with different buying groups, and the way their touch/attibution works out of the box just assumes all touches. This requires us to do some "back flips" when creating reports to only see what we care about, and forces us to do the actual attribution calculation off platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing ABM and use Leads (or dont want to use Leads and want everything converted) within SFDC, I believe this to be a MUST HAVE solution. There are not many vendors I say that about. You must have a CRM solution, you must have web analytics, you must have a MAP -- but there are lots of good options... LeanData is the only tool I know about that does as many things well as it does.

When we first became LeanData customers, we were trying to solve for the "Lead Island" that SFDC creates where leads cant be attached to accounts. Now we leverage it to auto-convert leads to contacts and keep our contact assignment (SDR / AE / AM) clean. The rules there are quite complex based on if they are a client (and for what product), if the persona matches, if there's an open opportunity (what product & persona), etc. The fact that LeanData can convert for us saves HOURS of tedious work and increase our speed-to-lead dramatically. It also allows us to get move leverage out of other systems, like Salesloft, Evergage, Triblio, and Eloqua.

We also leverage their Marketing Touch / Attribution model to help understand what's working, share what new marketing activity has happened related to current opportunities, as well as what sales should expect to see come into their funnel soon, and calculate marketing booking influence.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Awesome Product, Awesome People"

What do you like best?

The implementation is made simple by their incredibly knowledgeable team. I worked with Tim on my most recent install and he was fantastic. They are able to work at whatever speed you need. I had an aggressive deadline to meet and they were right there with me the whole way.

Even after implementation they are constantly checking in to see how we want to make our processes smoother and more efficient.

They are also very open to feedback that they receive from customers and are always looking for ways to improve their product.

What do you dislike?

There are some times where the product takes a bit longer to load. This typically comes after a new patch is released. This is only a minor inconvenience.

We are moving our lead routing logic into Lean Data. The interface allows us to get more accurate routing by using LeanData's record matching capabilities.

LeanData review by User

"Enables easy integration and efficient customization on the routing "

What do you like best?

Best about the product is easy to integrate with any complex sfdc instance, building routing flows using drag and drop flow builder made it intuitive and highly reusable, routing metrics and version history availability.

What do you dislike?

Setting up meetings with the LeanData has been bit tough lately. Probably expecting quick turnarounds on the questions related to migration when customer asked. A small amount of availability and reachability needs to be planned for a quick and easy clarifications instead of taking weeks long for smaller things to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AFAIK, it is definitely one of the great tool for building and managing routing flows out there. Very intuitive and easy to make any ad hoc changes.

LeanData takes the complete responsibility of routing and matching rules away from the custom built we had in the current sfdc application. Helps us easy to identify and troubleshoot on the assignments very well. This eventually helping us making better decisions with respective to assignments and building more effective skill based rules for right improvements.

LeanData review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Lead Routing Solved"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of maintaining and ease of reporting. It is quick and easy for us to understand how/why things were routed so we can modify or fix holes in our routing logic.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a bit slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although lead routing in Salesforce can handle the basics for routing, it can't address (without APEX coding) all the different variables that a standard business needs to consider for lead routing. When a lead comes in that matches a current lead in the system (i.e. from the same company), how can you get it to route to whomever owns the current lead in the system? If you upload lists from tradeshows or events and the leads already exist in the system, how do you ensure that the current owner is the one who should own it (maybe the lead is owned by marketing, or a rep who left the company, or a rep who moved positions, etc...) how can you ensure that it doesn't stay with the wrong person? How can you get your team to trust the system and know that they will be able to work their leads without the fear that another rep will get a similar lead and start working it? These types of questions all get solved with LeanData. Their onboarding team are fantastic at walking you through the steps to get things up and running.

Matching new leads to existing leads in the system to keep owners consistent

Allowing marketing a single place to upload all leads from offline events

Align our SDR team with our AE team for lead flows

Easy redistribution of leads

Based on criteria we have setup. Every lead comes into our system the same way. That flow then de-duplicates the leads with what we have in the system by merging them, excludes any competitor/non-target market lead (students, media outlets, etc), checks if an account exists for that lead, if it does it sends it to that account assigns it to the aligned SDR, if it doesn't then it will match against the leads we have in the system and route it to the same owner if another lead exists, if it is net new then it checks if it is a hot, warm or cold lead and distributes via queue building or a hot round robin and a warm round robin to keep things equitable for the team. Works fantastic.

LeanData review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Great Product, Better Support"

What do you like best?

Product is easy to use, and now that they've released the flow builder to the SFDC Admins it is incredibly valuable. Solves two huge problems for us regarding territory routing and the prevention of duplicate leads. Support team, specifically Kevin, has been very responsive to all requests regardless of submission time.

What do you dislike?

Initial process to get LeanData up and running was a little daunting but the support team was very responsive and helped out immensely. It takes a decent amount of time to get it optimized and set up correctly for your org, but it does have a massive impact so the time investment does pay off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good grasp on your current lead process and where you want to be. Expect to miss a few details and to monitor the routing very carefully for the first few weeks and then passively as you make minor changes down the line. Ask for Kevin as your Account Manager, he's been fantastic!

Lean Data has been great at reducing the number of duplicate leads and transitioning our Mid Market team to an Account Based model. Previously leads were routed among every rep equally, which allowed for a single company to be prospected into by multiple reps. After LeanData implementation, we have much more confidence that each account or group of leads will be owned by a single rep. This has allowed our reps to be much more productive and it has allowed our managers to more easily forecast rep targets.

LeanData review by Vinny P.
Vinny P.

"Great Product, Even Better Staff...Bye Bye Dupes"

What do you like best?

Amazing capabilities for lead routing that can feed into not only looking for duplicates to stop them before bastardizing data but endless amounts of routing rules. Very strong tool that can do more than just stopping duplicates.

What do you dislike?

Currently at this time I don't have any dislikes as all of my needs have been fulfilled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What are you waiting for?

Lead routing and duplicate management. We decided to take the plunge with LeanData a few months ago after reevaluating our technology stack. I spent many demos with Stefanie Bassler who did a great job outlining what the product does and how we can solve some of our major pain points. After we came to a fair price to fit into my budget we were able to move forward with the purchase of LeanData.

I was quickly assigned to Kent Phillips as my CSM. Kent was fast, reliable and wanted to truly understand my organization's needs and what we were expecting to get out of LeanData. I want to let that sink in for a moment. Kent actually gave a shit and didn't just hand me package installation and turn the tool on. I've been turned and burned from other technologies that demo'ed really well but when push came to shove we couldn't get it to work as expected.

Major props sent over to Kent for tirelessly working through our onboarding process. Every single SFDC environment is completely unique to each every business. From business processes to integrations. My organization is no different. Unbeknownst to Kent we hit a slew of curve balls during the implementation, it took a lot of time to really dissect what was going on and where hangups were getting caught. Kent hung in there and worked with me troubleshooting, problem solving and having a great attitude along the way.

Extremely happy client thus far and now that we are a month or two into full implementation I going to really explore what else this tool can do for my organization.

LeanData review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"LeanData just works."

What do you like best?

1) Reliable. 2) Accurate. 3) Always innovating.

What do you dislike?

I've got no issues with LeanData. Why do I have to dislike something?

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as I know, LeanData was one of the pioneers, if not THE pioneer, in the ABM space. Today, there are other solutions out there (I have tried a couple of them) that also to lead-to-account matching, but I am telling you that LeanData is the most accurate, easiest to use, and reliable.

LeanData solves the age old Salesforce challenge where leads are disconnected from accounts. But LeanData works so well that I've nearly forgotten the pain caused by this challenge. I've been working with LeanData since before lead-to-account matching was even a thing and I can confidently say that the company's roots are in clean, organized data. And this is reflected in the accuracy, consistency, and reliability of their lead-to-account matching algorithm. When leads are connected to accounts, a new world of possibilities are opened up that should make ABM marketers drool. Marketing segments can finally be built with account attributes. Leads can finally be assigned based on account ownership. Reports, such as campaign influence, or multi-touch attribution models, can finally demonstrate the impact that marketing is making even when your sales process isn't capturing all of this in the Contact Roles section of opportunities (and really, what organizations actually captures EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. who is relevant to a deal as a Contact Role? Nobody). I consider LeanData to be a core technology of my marketing stack. I wouldn't go anywhere without it! As if their technology wasn't compelling enough, they have grade A technical account support. I come to them with problems and they bring me solutions!

LeanData review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent for Automating Lead Processing and Routing"

What do you like best?

LeanData saves us time. We use lead routing to match new lead records to existing accounts in Salesforce. LeanData supports our ABM strategy, helps keep our database tidy and gets new leads in the hands of our sales reps fast.

Their implementation service is top notch! They have been quick to respond to our questions and dependable to get our project started and completed all while helping us build a pretty complex routing workflow. Our implementation manager provided quality assurance helping alleviate any concerns with going live with such complex routing rules.

LeanData is a must have in your sales/marketing operations technology stack.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. I wish I had known about it sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tested LeanData in our Salesforce sandbox as a proof of concept to see how many lead records they could identify as having matched accounts in our database. We were happy wit the results and didn't need much more convincing that we needed their solution.

Everyone knows that working lead records in Salesforce causes problems: you risk duplicate records and multiple sales reps reaching out to the same person and account. LeanData helps us reduce these risks and removes the manual process to convert lead records.

Using their Lead FlowBuilder, they have helped us create the workflow to help auto convert leads based on our business rules, processes, and lead assignment rules.

LeanData review by John Y.
John Y.

"Thanks, Megan Li and Stefanie Bassler, LeanData cured our routing and de-duping headaches!"

What do you like best?

It started with Stef, our amazing AE, showing us around the product and explaining how it could solve the problems my team and I were having with the state of our Salesforce instance. The features she showed us were powerful and intuitive; to be able to drag-and-drop routing logic was very refreshing.

What did concern us at first was the time to implement (2 weeks seemed optimistic) and the amount of custom fields and processes we had in our organization. With so much needed to be done, I didn't want to spend too much time developing triggers or work flows to force LeanData to do what we needed. Luckily, we had Megan, our wonderful Implementation Consultant who got our crazy workflow translated into a bulletproof Lead Flow and had us up and running with time to spare. She'd even go out of her way to get us in touch with their engineers to find ways to get all of our "like to have" processes. I'm used to functional product or flawless support, not both.

What do you dislike?

There were some features I felt would have been nice to have: better metrics on routing, email notification built into the router itself, and a way to create and modify our custom objects. Megan assured me that those were on the horizon and... not even 4 months after our implementation, all of these needs have been met. So that doesn't give me much to dislike.

I was brought on board as a consultant of a rapidly growing startup whose sales and marketing data had started to get inundated with duplicates and had become unmanageable. As leads were coming in from several apps and without any routing or deduping in place, the sales team would frequently step on each other toes and our reports and forecasts grew to be unreliable.

While I won't discredit the efforts of my own team in cleaning and optimizing our Salesforce instance, I am certain that without LeanData and the help from their team, we would be so bogged down by data and sales attribution issues that we wouldn't have a chance to get anything done.

LeanData review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"LeanDAta"

What do you like best?

The new UI that was recently implemented which allow users the ability to build and trouble shoot complete lead assignment flows.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really thing that I dislike, but to get to some of the lower level details were not as clear as I would have liked, but once I figured it out; was simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was a very good tool to implement to create more complex lead routing including managing round robin distributions. It also has a very good UI to troubleshoot the workflow along the path to completion of lead assignements.

We are using the LeadData matching and lead routing capabilities to incorporate a better solution with our Salesforce instance.

LeanData review by Nora L.
Nora L.

"My LeanData Review"

What do you like best?

Our account manager (Kevin) is super responsive and always helps whenever we need. We have had a bunch of changes in our round robin groups and rules in the past few months and LeanData helped us through them! I also like that you're able to see duplicate accounts/contacts/leads on each respective view. It helps keep our data clean.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about LeanData at the moment! Whenever I've had issues with the product, I addressed it with my CSM, and they've come a long way from where they were a year or two ago!

We needed a way to 1. round robin incoming leads and updating contacts 2. match incoming leads to already existing accounts. We also needed a way to merge duplicates in SFDC

LeanData review by Billy L.
Billy L.

"Great technology and fantastic support."

What do you like best?

LeanData solved a technology problem with Salesforce that was a major pain point from an operational perspective. The beauty was the set it and forget it nature of the technology. It just works!

The support team Sasha and Jon were absolutely fantastic and incredibly responsive. They went above and beyond to solve issues, kept us in the loop on any updates, and addressed our concerns quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not much. In the previous versions of LeanData, it was a bit cumbersome to make changes to your routing rules as you had to work with your account manager every time. The recent iteration gave the control of routing rules into the hands of the users and it has been a much better experience now. The admin user experience could probably use fine tweaking, but that's nitpicking at this point.

The main business problem we were solving with LeanData was routing leads and account routing. It solved an operational issue in terms of round robin lead routing and we could ensure we distributed leads equally among SDRs. LeanData also associated leads that came in with existing accounts, automatically converted the leads to contacts, and assigned it to the account owner. Once setup properly, it was a set it and forget it experience, which is wonderful from a operational perspective.

We also used their marketing attribution tech which was still a developing product. That was a new product and still growing in terms of sophistication.

LeanData review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"Dream Partner for Account Based Model"

What do you like best?

The implementation has gone really smoothly and all members of the LeanData implementation team work really well together. You can also tell that they have been doing this for a while now and they know the right questions to ask surrounding Lead routing and converting. All this goes without saying that I love the product itself, as it takes so much of the guesswork out of the equation and the product works in a very transparent way. Auto-conversion of Leads isn't something that can be done without that transparency, and LeanData gets it right. The last thing I'll mention on the product side is the lead routing. I'm not coy about this, lead routing in SFDC is a joke, it's terrible, and LeadData brings it out of the dark ages and into the 21st century.

What do you dislike?

The only issue so far is that we chose to convert our entire Lead database and there were some technical difficulties surrounding this. We had a moderately sized DB and this took over 4 days to convert. I don't believe that anyone at LeanData gave us a "quote" on how long it would take to do this, I just hadn't planned on it taking that long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you definitely do a trial of this product. There were some things that were mentioned in the sales process that I wasn't clear about, but everything was extremely clear once the trial started.

As a business we found that we could no longer be effective using the Lead based model that is standard Salesforce functionality, but what could we do? If we converted everything to Accounts and Contacts then those databases would be a complete mess. Step in LeanData, they have built a business around strategically routing inbound leads to fit an account based model. When I first saw their product in action my jaw just about hit the floor. It was like they had custom built this solution just for us. The addition of Lead routing on top of this smart conversion process was an added benefit that I never knew I needed, but boy, did I need it! We now have a SFDC database that is moving towards providing meaningful data for us to make strategic decisions with. LeanData has essentially created an ABM for us in Salesforce and the untapped potential that provides for us is immeasurable.

LeanData review by Justin A.
Justin A.

"Leandata has been my favorite vendor of 2016!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about LeanData is their eagerness to truly help their customers. There is zero hesitation to jump on a call with little notice in order to help solve a complicated problem. This includes their CEO and other executives who have happily met with customers in order to learn their needs and how customers are interacting with the product.

LeanData provides great value within the product, but what sets them apart from competitors is the amazing people at the company.

What do you dislike?

With so many different products and features, at times it can be hard to keep track of all the capabilities within Leandata. I think it would be help to have detailed content on each product and all the features that the product has. For some features it would be helpful to include definitions because at times it can get confusing.

I also think that creating a community portal that enables fellow customers to talk about Leandata would be very helpful. This way customers an work together to share ideas and solve similar problems.

LeanData provides value in multiple ways including lead routing, lead de-duping, and even marketing campaign attribution. Being able to get all these different benefits from a single vendor is extremely valuable.

LeanData review by Sean P.
Sean P.

"Must have addition to any org routing leads"

What do you like best?

LeanData has become an essential tool for our ops team to deliver the right lead to the right rep. The tool enables our Account Based Marketing/Sales approach, assigning newly matched leads to the appropriate account owners, and then assigning other leads on a round robin basis. We use a segmented approach (by company size), and LeanData handles all of the various permutations for round robin assignment based on employee count. We have even been able to set up special assignment rules for unique leads like referrals. The software has dramatically improved our routing and reduced complaints from sales our team related to improper assignment. Customer support is absolutely the best from any vendor we work with in the SFDC ecosystem. Our rep Lucas continually exceeds our demanding expectations.

What do you dislike?

Previously, one of my dislikes was our continued reliance on LeanData to make changes to our routing flow. They have regularly released updates to the software to make it more self service, and I think we are close to the point where we can manage most of it on our own. They have also added weighting to the router functionality (a popular request from our managers so that we can help ramp reps with a steady flow of leads). LeanData will soon add assignment capabilities on other objects like Contacts, which will make the software even more powerful.

We purchased LeanData to solve our painful lead routing process. As we have continually evolved our sophistication towards an Account Based Marketing/Sales approach, LeanData has become indispensable in making sure we assign the right lead to the right rep.

LeanData review by Albert L.
Albert L.

"Solving our Account Based Marketing Needs"

What do you like best?

LeanData integrates with SaleForce seamless giving both Marketing and the SDR team clear views into leads / contacts and their associated accounts. Our ABM strategy revolves around LeanData from being able to auto-convert leads to target accounts of incoming leads, routing the leads to the proper reps or SDRs for sales follow up. LeanData also helps keep our database clean by identifying potential duplicate records and identifying leads that are associated with accounts. When it comes time to selecting target accounts or ranking accounts we used LeanData's account score to quickly identify which accounts have interacted with us and those that have not for account prioritization and planning. In short our ABM strategy would fall apart with out LeanData.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is a bit lacking as others have mentioned on all the different product functions LeanData provides. However, you can always reach out to your account manager to get further clarification on current and upcoming features.

LeanData helps address our needs to identify key accounts, leads and contacts associated with those accounts, and make sure accounts are followed up with by sales. In addition to that LeanData helps identify potential duplicate records.

LeanData review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"One of the most pivotal technologies for sales & marketing alignment on Salesforce"

What do you like best?

At its core, LeanData allows an organization to overcome the great architectural divide of Salesforce - the split between Leads and Contacts/Accounts. In a B2B context, this is hugely important as your typical buying profile is not an individual person within a company, but a multi-person and multi-step buying committee that requires a more strategic approach.

LeanData's fuzzy matching, auto-conversion, intelligent routing, de-duplication, re-assignment features, and VisualForce elements empower your sales team to put the pieces together across Salesforce and your marketing automation platform to have better conversations and close more deals. It also scales incredibly well. You can build in logic to align with your selling organization across specialties (account executive vs. SDR), customer type (net new vs. cross-sell/upsell), and focus (mid-market vs. enterprise). LeanData allows you to tailor customer journeys through each of these dimensions.

What do you dislike?

There are two primary negatives to using LeanData. The first is the difficulty in visualizing and making changes to your current lead routing and conversion settings. Today this requires a back and forth with your Customer Success Manager (who is actually very responsive and knowledgeable) to even see a visual representation of how your instance of LeanData is configured. You need to go through the same process to enable many of the features that are included in the platform, which brings me to the second negative.

The documentation around LeanData's features could be improved. It's currently difficult to know all of the features and functionality that are included in the platform (especially newly released features). For example, a core part of our business case was enhanced de-duplication for newly created leads. It was only after going live with the platform that we learned de-duplication was never enabled in our instance.

At a high level, we are better able to orchestrate our different client facing teams. Lead generation efforts are not wasted on companies we already have relationships with. Marketing has a clearer picture of conversion down the funnel, and where potential customers are falling out. Account executives receive real-time intelligence on account engagement while they progress an opportunity.

LeanData review by Mitch J.
Mitch J.

"Complicated Routing? Sophisticated Account Matching Issues? No Problem."

What do you like best?

The tool keeps getting better, so in my opinion, the only thing limiting us was our reticence in letting them know what we wanted.

The Lead to Account Matching is great. The Round-Robin tool is the easiest thing in the world to use when it comes to lead routing. The customizability is also top-notch.

What do you dislike?

hmmm. Not sure. I'd like to see everything on the back end. But I don't know any company worth a damn that would let me see that. So I guess thats my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ambitious. They can handle it.

I have been a LeanData customer for almost two years now and they have been right there to solve my problems at every turn. In the beginning of our integration, we weren't ready to utilize the full capabilities of the tool. But, as time went on, we onboarded more and more of the components, customized them with the help of customer success, and built new processes with the tool in mind.

We built a very complicated lead routing chart that we wished to automate. Then we brought a LeanData customer success exec on site. He helped us flesh out the process and shape it into a dynamic and repeatable system. Within three weeks, we were live with the custom routing that we so desperately needed.

LeanData review by Brennan M.
Brennan M.

"LeanData fix the shortfalls of SFDC"

What do you like best?

LeanData is a multi-faceted tool that overcomes the major shortfalls for SFDC around duplicate records and associating leads to accounts. It is the classic problem in that, duplicate data hurts the quality of your system. Being able to see and show users duplicate accounts, contacts, and associated leads in invaluable in improving the data quality of your SFDC. Too often, the tools that should help, don't. Not the case with LeanData. We can easily see the dupes, and a huge bonus is seeing what leads really should belong to the account. Invaluable.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little taxing on SFDC resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LeanData provides visibility to your SFDC data that you likely have always wanted. Talk to them about the specifics of your business and ask for help in understanding the matching rules when you use it. Worth the investment of time and money.

We often have leads left behind and not associated to the account. We finally can see the connection of leads to the Accounts in SFDC. That improved visibility has helped in identifying new sales targets, avoiding mistakes with existing, as well as seeing where is marketing connecting with our lead database.

LeanData review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Amazing tool and awesome customer support!"

What do you like best?

We purchased leandata to solve our lead routing issue, but it has done so much more! Working with the leandata team from initial setup to the maintenance mode that we are in now has been a breeze. We are growing really quickly so we are always changing routing and mapping and they are always so responsive and willing to help.

Thanks leandata!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would change about leandata is the lack of access to the router itself. I would love to be able to get in there and make some changes without having to bother our CSM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Now, we use leandata for lead routing, account matching, and auto-converting and each tool has amazing ROI. Leads are being delivered more quickly to reps, marketing is able to do account based marketing campaigns so much more easily, and our salesforce org as never been cleaner.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"CRM + Data management at scale"

What do you like best?

This platform provides a variety of functions that make my work life so much better - primarily their lead and contact territory management experience is one of a kind.

What do you dislike?

While LeanData, by my experience, is a trailblazer in what they're seeking to do, growing pains come with the territory. They are still a pretty small company and are very much iterating their products in real time. So, we haven't had all of the great functionality (which we continue to implement) from day-1, but at the same time I appreciate the speed at which they continue to innovate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a complex implementation that will require input from stakeholders in marketing ops, sales ops, and IT. I would recommend to definitely iron out your business requirements as best as possible before actually digging into the platform.

My company has hugely complicated global SDR territory assignment rules. We were previously managing this via Marketo, but it got to a point where Marketo was no longer a viable or scalable solution. LeanData helps me both visualize lead assignments, as well as where routing errors may occur.

LeanData review by Kristen M.
Kristen M.

"Solution for Lead Routing Headaches"

What do you like best?

LeanData is an easy to install and fairly simple to manage package for all of our lead routing needs. Their customer support is super great and they're incredibly responsive.

What do you dislike?

It feels pretty pricey for what you get; I wish we could get accounts, and contact routing included instead of adhoc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make pricing a bit more reasonable and packaged differently. It's currently difficult to sell internally for the price.

This has really helped us to streamline our lead routing, especially with new reps on-boarding we've been able to scale effectively and efficiently.

LeanData review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Great software, great experience, great people"

What do you like best?

LeanData accomplishes everything they promise to do in an effective way. Their software runs seamlessly in Salesforce and keeps our database clean. The lead routing functionality is critical for keeping our sales development team running.

Lastly, our account manager, Kevin Au, is an incredible business partner, who is willing to go the extra distance for us. Even though he manages an entire portfolio of customers, we feel like we're his only customer. For example, when our organization went through a sales realignment, he prioritized our (very complex) changes, effectively communicated the timeline to our leadership, and turned everything around in 24 hours!

What do you dislike?

They currently are not able to round robin opportunities in Salesforce.

Lead management: LeanData round robins incoming leads and matches them to accounts, keeping our database organized and lead distribution equitable.

Account management: LeanData identifies duplicate accounts and merges them.

LeanData review by Lindsy L.
Lindsy L.

"Account Based Marketing? LeanData is a Must Have Tool!"

What do you like best?

We use LeanData for lead to contact auto conversion & for routing the contacts to accounts. They are one of the most reliable systems that we use. It consistently works as it should & the LeanData team is amazing. They go out of their way to help if needed & they value their customer's needs & input.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little more 'self service', but the team is always responsive if you need to make changes or have questions.

LeanData auto converts all of our Salesforce leads into Contacts, which allows us to have better Salesforce reporting & structures. They also route all of these contacts to the correct accounts, or creates an account if it doesn't already exist. They truly make my day to day easier in my operations role, especially for Account Based Marketing & Account Based Selling.

"Awesome customer support!"

What do you like best?

After inheriting LeanData, I relied heavily on our customer success rep to show me the ropes. Response time has always been incredibly quick, the team is attentive and pro-active (they don't wait until there's already a problem to reach out) and they are always available and happy to hop on a call to answer any and all questions.

What do you dislike?

If you have complex routing rules, it can be easy to make a small mistake that will majorly throw off routing within SFDC - however, these errors are typically simple to identify and course-correct.

We are solving for complex lead/contact routing and assignment rules as well as identifying duplicate leads quickly and easily within our SFDC instance.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"ABM, what's that? We call it LeanData"

What do you like best?

The auto convert functionality is great. It allows our company to see the health and overall picture of accounts. Don't have to rely on reps (who can anyway) to validate that records are converting to the correct account. Saves us time.

What do you dislike?

For every change that we need to make with the process and flow, has to be done by a Lean Data success rep. This makes the testing and validation of flows a little longer process because were waiting on Lean Data to make the changes before we can test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have all your processes mapped out correctly. Lean Data team does a fantastic job a poking holes in your process and modifying it to make it as efficient as possible. If you're able to nail down the processes upfront, you want have to have a lot of modifications after "go live."

Account based selling has been greatly enhanced and we're having a lot cleaner Lead table within SFDC.

LeanData review by User

"L:eanData has a great product so far and the company will only continue to grow from here"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love LeanData's lead to lead routing / matching! It has helped tremendously with my job and taken away most of the manual labor portion that was required of me.

What do you dislike?

There were times where LeanData misrouted leads that were already assigned to a sales rep, causing a little turbulence. It also seemed like there was some sort of disconnect between my company's simultaneous usage of Marketo and LeanData, resulting in leads being misrouted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into LeanData for all of your lead routing needs and requirements. Granted, there may be some hiccups during the implementation period, but I've been nothing but impressed with their employees' quick turnaround replies and amazing customer service. I personally worked with Megan Li, James Crane, and Christine Maxey and they were all rock stars!

LeanData helps automate a good chunk of my work (lead routing), which grants me the bandwidth to tackle on other assignments. It has also helped us with a quick turn-around rate for lead routing, as time is of the essence when it comes to competing with our competitors in securing new customers.

LeanData review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"High quality lead matching/routing product and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I really like how we can self serve on updating our lead routing logic to fit our growing business' needs. I especially like that it is a visual graph with standard logic rules. It makes it easy to communicate about what our rules our - we don't have to create a separate flow chart just to discuss how leads are being routed.

The thing that really makes this work for our business is that we have great, responsive and communicative support. Sophia has been so helpful as we have been evolving our lead routing rules. What I have found is that lead routing rules constantly evolve especially when you are first getting started. Your first approach is unlikely to be exactly what you need. Where we have run into issues, Sophia has rapidly resolved those with us (and teaches us some things so we can better self-serve moving forward).

Lastly, this product has already evolved since we became customers. Things that were initially a nuisance are now easy to use

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned there were some annoyances initially - I think there could be better logging so if there is an issue in a graph we created we could go into an advanced log view and be better equipped to self-serve fixes.

We needed a system that clearly routed leads in a way that we can scale and evolve with and the ability to see if multiple leads matched to other leads or accounts. We run complex enterprise deals with many players and our customers have regional, national and international offices. It's important to know if a lead is associated to an existing customer, even if it's not the same regional office.

LeanData review by Debbie M.
Debbie M.

"Closing the gap with love"

What do you like best?

I love that LeanData has been able to do what I have been dreaming about in Salesforce since 2002. The close the gap between lead s and contacts and accounts, making the data so much more valuable to the marketing person.

What do you dislike?

I haven't discovered anything yet, except if possibly it could read my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to get more out of Salesforce in terms of visibility to your sales team and reporting on opportunities using multi touch attribution, LeanData is the product for you.

Multi touch attribution accuracy. Visibility of leads contacts and accounts to my sales teams. Marketing reporting made easier, native in salesforce and accurate.

LeanData review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great Time saver and definitely recommend "

What do you like best?

LeanData makes it incredibly easy to make sure that all of our leads are routed to the correct rep. We also use it to auto convert leads for customers into the appropriate accounts and notify the Account Owner when this happens. It has saved me and our reps a lot of time that we were wasting on manual processes.

What do you dislike?

Not much, I would like to be able to have more control to do some things myself, instead of needing to contact our rep to update things (they are very quick though).

Saving time our reps were spending on manual processes. Making sure that multiple people are notified of a new lead in certain situations. Using their marketing attribution to do multi- touch attribution.

LeanData review by Roman K.
Roman K.

"Great Intelligence and a great team"

What do you like best?

We primarily use LeanData as a tool for our research team. LeanData enables our researchers and sales team see duplicate or similar records across multiple objects in a single view. This saves our team time and prevents duplicates from being created. Implementation was a breeze and the support team was fantastic.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes...they offer so many products that we haven't been able to take advantage just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of LeanData's products...there is so much more.

Being able to reduce researcher time in searching our Salesforce database. It also helps keep our database clean by preventing duplicates and merging records seamlessly.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"LeanData for SFDC"

What do you like best?

LeanData is the bridge between Accounts & Contacts & Leads that we've been looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is a definite set up period and a learning curve - but my implementation person was fantastic.

SFDC silos Accounts/Contacts from Leads - so there can be an alarming amount of crossover between the the inside sales team and the outside reps - and the inside team, working off of Leads was blind to the activities of the Accounts & Contacts - this gives us insight so that we can better service our existing clients and provide targeted outreach to our prospects.

LeanData review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"This product is a game changer for us!"

What do you like best?

LeanData figured out an algorithm that literally saves us hundreds of man-hours. We now have a way to identify if our inbound leads already have relevant accounts in our system. LeadData helps us convert our leads into contacts and routes them to the appropriate sales rep. I also like that LeanData has a built-in opportunity attribution tool that works seamlessly with our existing Salesforce campaign data and our sales reps activity data. Like I said, this tool is a game changer for us!

What do you dislike?

Our account rep was very honest from the get go about what the tool was capable of doing. We are looking forward to some new features to be released this year but I can't say I "dislike" anything about the tool or our account reps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tell LeanData the outcome you are looking for and let their brilliant analysts figure out the best use of their tools for your particular situation.

Problem: Our current CRM structure does not align with the way we are trying to market and sell. Today our funnel and funnel metrics span 2 objects that are not relatable (leads and accounts).

Solution: A B2B structure in our CRM that allows for easy reporting of account based metrics throughout the Marketing/Sales funnel. There will be a clear owner of the entire account.

Problem: Metrics and trends are not readily available in a real-time environment. We are forced to use excel to manipulate the data because leads and accounts are not relatable in Salesforce.

Solution: We will move to a structure where only one object has the acquisition funnel stages; Accounts. We can start projecting metrics higher up the funnel with a more accurate sense of how they relate to pipeline generation. This will enable us to build a more predictable Marketing and Sales integrated model. This isn't possible without LeanData's routing and fuzzy matching algorithms.

LeanData review by Brandon J.
Brandon J.

"LeanData Review"

What do you like best?

LeanData simplifies account matching and lead/contact assignment for us. Previously, all of our routing was set-up in Marketo. This is beyond the scope of Marketo and made account-based assignment difficult for us. LeanData help us solve both the account problem and simplify our routing.

What do you dislike?

The implementation process took a long time. It would have been nice to move more quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push the implementation team to tighten their timeline. I would recommend that you use LeanData as an opportunity to improve your routing and account-assignment processes.

We wanted to have leads for known/targeted accounts assigned to the correct account development manager so that we could understand activity levels and stay on message with companies.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"LeanData is a solid solution to associate leads to accounts"

What do you like best?

We use the LeanData matching function. LeanData uses a fuzzy match algorithm that matches SFDC leads to SFDC accounts. It works very well for our north america data. 85%+ of the north america leads from big accounts can be matched accurately. This really improved our lead routing accuracy under our named account territory set up.

What do you dislike?

It will take 3 - 5 mins for LeanData to do the lead-account matching, which can be a problem because the lead assignment rule is triggered within the 3 - 5 mins range.

We want to associate leads with accounts in a more accurate way. We had a custom build domain matching function that we were using to match leads to accounts. However, that function was limited when the leads are using gmail/hotmail/yahoo email.

With LeanData, we can more accurately match leads to accounts. So that we can do better account based marketing. We can do a lot more analysis that we were not able to do before.

LeanData review by Konnie T.
Konnie T.

"Our chosen ABM tool"

What do you like best?

So far the integration between LeanData and Salesforce has been seamless. Set up was a breeze with our awesome account manager. Our marketing, sales and exec teams have never been more aligned with which target accounts are a priority. We love that LeanData helps us keep our data clean (relatively speaking) and the auto conversion of leads to contacts helps our sales teams to be more efficient.

What do you dislike?

It took us quite a long time to actually turn on LeanData. Set up and mapping of fields was rather easy but since we didn't want to match leads to dirty data we had to do extensive clean up of accounts in our system before we could actually start using LeanData. This is more of a fault with our database rather than LeanData.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take the time to talk to your account manager about the specifics of your business and what you need. Get your whole team involved. Clean up your data as much as possible before turning it on. It doesn't have to be perfect but you definitely don't want things matching to the wrong accounts.

LeanData has helped us to cross-functionally be aligned on key accounts. The proper teams have more visibility on leads, contacts and activity on those accounts and that they are being worked on by sales. We also love that LeanData helps us to identify duplicates.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

The tool is helping us convert and organize our leads by account. I personally like how the tool has allowed us to clean up a lot of our reporting. We are now really able to identify between Net New and Growth which has allowed us to make better business decisions.

What do you dislike?

The tool has taken a little while to integrate correctly and get set up with all of our systems. We use Marketo and Salesforce and we had to get a little extra help to set up everything correctly. Lead Data took the time to help us integrate correctly though. So far things are running smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure to spend time understanding the impact on your current systems and processes. This understanding will allow you to avoid a lot of issues during implementation. I recommend it as a solution for account based management. It is a great solution. If you're looking to make the switch you won't regret it.

We are using the tool to help organize leads correctly under accounts for prospecting and growth purposes. This has also allowed us to split out metrics by Net New and Growth opportunities from a lead/contact perspective. It has allowed to make better business decisions and grow the business.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"LeanData has transformed our lead assignments and enabled ABM."

What do you like best?

Account matching and data enrichment, support for sophisticated assignment flows. LeanData allows me to scrub bad data and use account level data to enrich leads, and then to market to them.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer more graphical user interfaces, better dashboards. Very excited to get some of these in upcoming releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They provide exactly the solution we require, and are adding capabilities every day. They have been phenomenally responsive to our many needs and requests, and are always willing to jump on a last minute call or make a change to our instance.

The best vendor some of us have ever worked with.

Accurate lead assignments and data enrichment were difficult and expensive, not very granular. Now we can assign based on a broad constellation of data points, including account, enabling much more sophisticated and granular marketing targeting, greater visibility into our lead database, and better surfacing of qualified leads and accounts.

LeanData review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"Doing just what we need it to do."

What do you like best?

Salesforce has a lot of the same ability to do what LeanData does but LD makes it much more intuitive and and we can trouble shoot much quicker, on boarding and off boarding is much easier using LD. There is much more functionality that we can build on that we are not currently unitizing-We are excited to be using LeanData

What do you dislike?

I like the tie breakers but I feel as though there could be some improvement.

We do our own lead/contact - Account tagging but then rely on LeadDate to do a second batch, the we do Lead form/Lead Routing to our marketing and SDR based on territory.

LeanData review by Ross C.
Ross C.

"Crucial to how our Salesforce Instance works"

What do you like best?

Leandata helps us immediately put leads in the hands of sales reps who are already working accounts, and lets us round robin any new leads that come in and are not being worked.

What do you dislike?

I wish Salesforce just had this as part of their product. The fact we have to buy from LeanData separately is a little annoying, but the software works great.

Real time customized lead routing.

LeanData review by Kate A.
Kate A.

"A must-have in 2016 to make SFDC work."

What do you like best?

Lead2Account Matching enables us to get leads to the right reps, quickly. It gives Sales a clearer view of everyone they are interacting with at an account, and the ability to keep data clean and organized. It also enables marketing's email targeting and lead scoring to be more accurate.

Clarity Reporting enables a better view of marketing impact on pipeline and deals without relying on increased manual data input.

What do you dislike?

Well, we always want more customization options, and sometimes it's not quite clear what you are modifying until you try it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So glad I have it.

Lead routing

Lead to account matching

Data management

Marketing Attribution

LeanData review by Rick V.
Rick V.

"If you are doing Account Based Selling with SFDC - Lean Data is essential"

What do you like best?

Lean Data routing rules are virtually unlimited so you can get leads into the proper reps queue immediately for quick outreach. We can now see all leads associated with accounts and are no longer forced to convert leads prior to connecting with a prospect and determining if they can influence the sale.

Prior to Lean Data we had manual intervention to ensure proper routing. This was simply not scalable as our business grew. It was also a nightmare when we had a big list upload from trade shows. We are now saving several resource hours per each list upload.

Implementation and customer success/support is probably the best experience I have had in regards to meeting deadlines and making sure the product meets our needs. Lucas is the best.

What do you dislike?

Lean Data is addressing feature requests in upcoming releases and they welcome product improvement ideas. Currently, configuration changes require support but in the future it will be more self service which will be helpful although they might actually complete quicker. Also, round robin re-ordering needs to be improved and is planned in an upcoming release. Finally, international domain matching for international email providers could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing Account Based Selling and using SFDC with a high volume of inbound leads - you need Lean Data.

Lead routing for Account Based Selling. The best solution in the marketing place - hands down.

LeanData review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Great for quickly identifying dupes"

What do you like best?

- identifies where there are duplicate accounts in the system making it less likely you duplicate effort

- Salesforce can be a pain when trying to find duplicate accounts, they do a much better job identifying these

What do you dislike?

- they have two separate products for marketing and sales

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work from an Account Based Marketing approach, then leandata is a needed tool. If you are doing a outdated spray and pray then don't bother

without Leandata it it is super hard to see all the contacts in the system that you already have for accounts. With their matching you can target your prospect better and achieve way more than you would otherwise and find accounts in your system you may not have realized were there or were a good fit

LeanData review by Norman S.
Norman S.

"Good lead routing product and support"

What do you like best?

LeanData's lead routing product has been very great in helping us route leads in SF to the relevant SDRs who owned the account. Price is reasonable. Just be sure your data is all cleaned up.

Their support service is very responsive to our requests and needs.

Very good tool to use for any ABM focused marketing.

What do you dislike?

They're still building out functionality that would be great to have at the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your data is clean.

Automate lead routing from targeted accounts to the relevant SDRs. Reduced the amount of manual lead routing.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool under the right circumstances"

What do you like best?

LeanData's Lead to Account match is top notch and allows you place data from your Accounts onto the matched lead. This can be extremely valuable for Sales and Marketing. If you utilize the Account lookup in your lead routing, routing will be very high quality as well. This requires accurate owner assignments on your Accounts though so if that area needs work, it will be good incentive to clean it up.

What do you dislike?

The processing time to route leads is not as fast I was initially told. It probably is for most clients though, but we have a lot of competing processes on the backend so it sometimes gets queued. Also, if you're looking at it for it's dedupe qualities, LeanData only dedupes incoming leads. This isn't a dislike as much as a comment that it's a nice add on if you don't have any other dedupe tool. It's limited, but decent.

We primarily use LeanData for it's lead to account match and routing features.

LeanData review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The LeanData team is exceptional "

What do you like best?

The folks at LeanData provide an exceptional client experience. Our AE, Stef, sets a new standard for what a client <> vendor relationship should be and the implementation team is extremely attentive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Make sure, if you have a contact based strategy, you include the contact specific tool in your purchase. The out-of the box product is only for lead routing.

Our Account based sales and marketing strategy would be impossible without this technology. It saves the Sales team time by removing manual data cleansing and maintenance steps, it saves marketing time by ensuring leads and contacts are assigned to the appropriate accounts and removing ambiguity when launching campaigns, and it saves Ops time by ensuring our sales reporting is accurate.

LeanData review by Administrator

"LeanData user interface is very intuitive and technology is very easy to impement"

What do you like best?

User interface and ease of implementation. The day to day management and maintenance is very easy. All edits take effect in real time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of that was very concerning. Some of the data processing took longer than expected and that could be because our data was not very clean. But once all the data was corrected and processed, all went pretty smoothly.

Lead to Account matching, Lead and contact routing and data normalization

LeanData review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Essential tool for sales + marketing ops"

What do you like best?

The visual routing tool is super intuitive and is game changing when trying to manage routing rules in SFDC.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a dedupe action for Accounts.

Advanced lead, contact, and opportunity matching & routing in SFDC.

LeanData review by User in Computer Software

"Good Attribution model and excellent routing tool "

What do you like best?

LeanData routing flows are easy to create, functional and have plenty of options. they just made our life easier!. The Attribution has helped us give a better picture of how.to invest our money and get a better ROI.

What do you dislike?

Missing some business inputs and suggestions on how to choose the right Attribution model and how to know if we choose right.

Lead Routing for our acquisition team and better attribution to understand our ROI.

LeanData review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Good product, great customer success"

What do you like best?

Hands down the best part about LeanData is the customer success team. Always a can do attitude, as well as a determination to find a way to solve things whose answer may not be obvious at first.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes routing changes that are minimal still have to go through customer success. Would be helpful if we could control some changes on our end.

Correct routing of priority leads in our database, as well as targeting for our priority accounts.

LeanData review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Makes Leads Usable!"

What do you like best?

Allows SFDC admins to create the structure that they choose. Standard functionality between the leads and other entity objects in SFDC leaves much to be desired... LeanData fixed that! Being able to view associated lead information on the Account object is hugely helpful to our sales teams.

Its very flexible as well. You can really choose how you want to set up the structure between Leads, Contacts, and Accounts which makes SFDC more usable than before.

What do you dislike?

There can be a bit of delay in routing depending on the number of leads that you have processing at any given time. However, I've only ever noticed that after a very large data load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take time to consider how you want your SFDC instance structured and then work with LeanData to make it happen!

They are very helpful when any questions arise as well!

Allows us to have an account based structure in SFDC, without having to choose between the lead and contact objects. Sales now has a clear view of an account and the people related.

LeanData review by Trask R.
Trask R.

"Great experience a few weeks out of the gate"

What do you like best?

Implementation was great. The team was knowledgeable, easy to work with and did a great job of communicating action items, timelines and any hurdles that needed to be addressed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really turned me off from the solution. The sales process was pretty smooth, implementation was great, and the follow-up support has been extremely quick and helpful.

We really wanted to focus on automating lead to account matching for a few reasons: match current customers to existing accounts so as not to inadvertently have business development follow up with them, while also wanting to focus on better account-based marketing. It's just so much cleaner to have the conversions happening automatically rather than relying on human interaction.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"LeanData Helps Clean Up the Databases and Enforce Governance standards"

What do you like best?

Valued our customer inputs for creating Account based lead scoring alpha tool. Very strong match rates and use as an append tool for data governance strategies.

What do you dislike?

Don't like the lack of control over lead routing though I expect this to change in one of their upcoming releases. Staying tuned till then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do an eval. They offer a lot of accuracy at their pricepoint and are very helpful with set-up. They won't leave you hanging. Found their reporting to be extremely beneficial and looking to build off that. Can definitely be unintuitive so some set-up guidance is definitely necessary until there's more literature available on all of the interworkings. Upcoming roadmap is very welcome and I'm excited to see where they are heading. Competitors like Engagio Ringlead and FullCircle are definitely propelling them forward in this space in many ways.

Lead to account routing and data governance of populating account level data across leads to clean up all segmentations and using this as a nurture routing tool to define who is a part of what nurture.

LeanData review by Masha F.
Masha F.

"If you are going the account-based route, you need LeanData."

What do you like best?

I love the campaign influence report, named account matching, and lead routing.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for more account coverage reporting functionality, which I believe is coming out soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have target accounts, you need LeanData, because without it it is super hard to see all the leads in the system that you already have in those accounts. With their matching you can target your prospect better and achieve way more than you would otherwise.

With LeanData no lead goes missing, when it comes to our target accounts. Leads show up under accounts, we are able to target them better and run segmented marketing campaigns using the account data.

LeanData review by User in Internet

"Lead Assignment/Routing Made Easy"

What do you like best?

LeanData is the cornerstone of our lead routing system. We choose the rules, and LeanData makes sure everything ends up where it should.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve, but that's only because the product can do so much.

Lead routing. We need to make sure top tier leads get to our senior reps, while untiered leads end up with our newer AEs. We also use it for campaign attribution. It's great to see which campaigns are influencing what opps.

LeanData review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"Great Staff with Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

It's a simple way to route a high volume of leads based on different criteria.

What do you dislike?

Currently we don't have any issues. We were able to workout a small non-technical issue with our contract and the staff was very accommodating to our needs.

High volume of lead routing, which really comes in handy when we re-align our sales territories and need to re-route existing and new leads to the new sales rep

LeanData review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"Must have if you work with Leads in SFDC!"

What do you like best?

Ability to see all leads across an account and related leads when working any one lead. Also the ability to rout leads to the account owner or owner of other related leads. Also identifying when you have a large # of leads for the same account but do not have an account created. Huge Advantage!

What do you dislike?

That they have 2 separate products for marketing and sales and both priced very expensively. It would be better to combine to one solution and drop the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely implement this as there is nothing else like it on the market.

we have solved multiple people working the same account, we have stopped incorrectly targeting current opps or customers.

LeanData review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"LeanData has made our lives easier"

What do you like best?

LeanData's routing capabilities are great. We have been able to put in more specific and accurate routing rules for different regions and account owners. I also really like the automatic Lead to Account Matching and am anxiously awaiting Contact to Account matching.

What do you dislike?

Not many complaints. It has been really easy to do things going forward, the only difficulty we have had is updating records that were in Salesforce before we implemented LeanData.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has really fixed a lot of our problems related to duplicate management and lead routing. Plus, lead to account matching. I would recommend highly.

We are solving marketing conversion rate accuracy problems, lead to account matching for better targeting and personalization, and routing rules issues.

We have realized a lot of benefits, but one of the best has been practically eliminating duplicates in our system.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great product and support"

What do you like best?

The product set up is really easy and straightforward. It also gives us visibility to the data we'll never get in SFDC reports. LeanData support is also very helpful. I'll say probably the best support team I've ever worked with.

What do you dislike?

It takes hours to refresh data which make it's hard to run reports frequently.

We were not able to see the campaign influence to meeting set, opportunity conversion, or deal closing. Now, we could run the report to view campaigns performance from a different aspect.

LeanData review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"LeanData has great support."

What do you like best?

The AE we have been working with (Sofia) has been amazing. She is normally very responsive and she goes above and beyond to make sure we're taken care of.

What do you dislike?

LeanData is a growing company and we understand that but their experience with customization is a bit limited.

Automatically routing leads. We've saved hours of manual assignment.

"Extremely valuable tool"

What do you like best?

Automated routing! Can't even quantify how much time it saves us from having to manually route Leads and Accounts/Contacts.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the actions you can take in the flows. We often have to combine LeanData flows with Process Builders and/or Workflow Rules, and it can get a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal if you are looking to automate routing processes within Salesforce.

#1 is automated Lead routing for every use case for our business. #2 is being able to route Accounts/Contacts based on different marketing engagement triggers.

"Lean Data Review"

What do you like best?

Necessary for ABM approach which requires autoconverting leads to contacts. Also necessary for account routing in ABM

What do you dislike?

Support can be difficult to get a hold of.

We use LeanData to allow us to do an ABM approach to marketing. This has greatly increased revenue, and aligned marketing with sales operations.

LeanData review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Allows us to easily find duplicate accounts and contacts"

What do you like best?

The ease in which I can find different accounts, leads, contacts and merge them with existing ones. It's a simple button action and is much faster and easier to see than the Salesforce means.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the merging of different accounts/contacts can cause plug-in data (from Marketo) to not merge correctly. It simply means I have to pay attention to the data beforehand to make sure it's where it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into all of the functionality that it provides. It can be frustrating if you don't know what you're doing.

Being able to merge accounts, contacts and leads effectively.

LeanData review by User in Computer Software

"Great Tool for Account Based Marketing "

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface and the ability to see account information at the lead level.

What do you dislike?

Most of the features were pretty intuitive and easy to use but it took me a while to setup and get familiar with some of the reporting features.

We were converting to account based marketing and needed to have full visibility of account/lead/ contact information from each view. LeanData has allowed us to produce a more time efficient process for managing leads and accounts.

LeanData review by Archana R.
Archana R.

"Automated Lead & Contact rounting "

What do you like best?

We needed a system that clearly converts leads to contact when matching is found.

It help us in cleaning our database and match leads and contacts to the right account.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the more user-friendly setup for lead allocation.

When leads come in the system for strategic accounts its gets automatically converted and attach to the right account, which brings SAE attention immediately.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good for Automating Lead Processing"

What do you like best?

The account matching works really well and you can set up some in-depth lead routing to fit your company's personal processes.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes that I can think of so far.

Automating the processing and conversion of leads. Efficiency gains in both reduced manual workload and faster lead conversion times.

LeanData review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"LeanData Review"

What do you like best?

User interface is easy to use and I also like the costumer support. Our marketing analytics have improved greatly since implementing this system.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to learn the system, but once you've mastered LeanData you'll love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support team is really helpful. Use them s a resource whenever you have any trouble with the system.

Gathering student data and doing analysis for marketing. There are multiple benefits to organizing data.

LeanData review by Administrator

"Great Experience Using LeanData"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and customer service have been incredible. Very friendly on both fronts.

What do you dislike?

The 40 character minimum here, I can't think of anything I dislike.

Marketing attribution and reporting, specifically related to the connection of leads to accounts and opportunities.

LeanData review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"Experience has been very good - both with product and support"

What do you like best?

our CSM Megan Li has been one of the most helpful and responsive i've ever had. The product has great functionality for what we need as well.

What do you dislike?

There is a severe delay in routing sometimes

lead to account matching / fields and lead routing

LeanData review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Necessary Tool"

What do you like best?

LeanData solves a huge problem with managing Salesforce records by linking Leads to Accounts, exposing a ton of data at the lead level that was previously inaccessible.

What do you dislike?

Rules for determining how to match accounts and where the leads should be routed are mostly unavailable to edit within the platform, and you need to make requests to the CSM team (who are very quick to respond) to make those changes. However I believe this will be remedied in an upcoming update.

We are able to link leads to accounts and use the relevant account information to guide our nurture/follow up strategy for the inbound leads.

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Director of Marketing Operations"

What do you like best?

The ease of lead and contact routing. Support is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Helpful tips, help icons and information on widgets would be nice.

Leads and contact routing processes with defined pools of sales reps for specific attributes.

"Lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

The product saves a ton of time auto-converting and routing leads. The possibilities are endless.

The best part is the CSM team! They are super responsive and make edits that move as fast as we do as a business.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the routing of non-lead objects (contacts, opps, etc.)

Lead routing and assignment. Reduced overhead and custom SFDC work.

LeanData review by Allen T.
Allen T.

"Amazing Solution!"

What do you like best?

LeanData - they have a great solution. First, it does what it's supposed to. Second, their customer success team is second to none - extremely responsive and helpful. Overall, big thumbs up.

What do you dislike?

Seriously, these guys are great, there is nothing to dislike.

LeanData takes the guesswork out of our lead routing and business processes - we set up the rules...and it magically works to perfection.

LeanData review by Sanhitha S.
Sanhitha S.

"Great Time Saver "

What do you like best?

It does a great job at de-duping sales contacts and allows for a great integration with CRMs

What do you dislike?

Matched leads and accounts should have more options to filter out ones that are not dupes

Saving time from manual de duping

"LeanData"

What do you like best?

Great capability for account based lead matching, lead auto conversion and lead routing.

What do you dislike?

UI can be improved to better manage the rule set

Ability to run round robin and route leads based on complex rule sets.

Ability to auto convert leads to your existing accounts and bring better visibility to sales

LeanData review by Amy H.
Amy H.

"Great at lead to account mapping and lead routing"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup. Responsive customer support. Does what it says.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. You used to have to email customer support for all changes, but now self-service tool allows you to change setup.

Leads not assigned to accounts was a huge issue for us. Additionally, before LeanData we didn't have a good way to do a true round robin lead assignment. Both issues have been completely resolved.

LeanData review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"LeanData expectations"

What do you like best?

Great customer success team. Regular feature upgrades.

What do you dislike?

A few feature releases were half baked but quickly remedied

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think twice if you need lead routing and lead to account matching. Great tool.

Complicated lead routing. Campaign attribution analytics. Time savings with running SFDC reports has been a big gain.

LeanData review by Administrator

"Great product, great experience with implementation."

What do you like best?

The support and implementation staff is incredible. The UI is great and the features are powerful.

What do you dislike?

The attribution reporting could be more robust but is still adequate.

Lean routing has historically been a pain point for us and LeanData has opened up new possibilities. We now have superior insights into routing, auditing ability, and complex ways to deliver leads to the right people.

LeanData review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Very positive experience. Customer support is excellent and the product totally solves our problems."

What do you like best?

The routing rule works really well, very few mistakes and if there is any, very easy to fix.

Customer support is responsive and quick.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. Once they scale of the product, they can give the customer more freedom to manage our own account. However, their customer support is always responsive to our request.

We switched to named account so we have to make sure all leads are routed to the right reps, instead of inside sales team.

LeanData review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"must have product for any operations team!"

What do you like best?

leandata is an awesome product and the customer support is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

nothing, leandata is awesome product. i'm just waiting for contact routing.

lead routing, lead management, and tracking sales and marketing activity

LeanData review by Administrator

"Using leandata for marketing"

What do you like best?

Ability to work with large amounts of data. Matching data between marketing and sales.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike. Speed of matching data and data cleansing could be improved.

Matching leads and account data between different teams. Removing redundancies.

LeanData review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great to Measure ABM"

What do you like best?

SFDC has it's limitations out of the box to measure how your marketing programs are doing. LeanData helps you measure that ROI on account based-level vs. tracking it by person.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and dashboards need some work.

Measuring ROI on account-based level

LeanData review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Lean In on the LeanData - Awesome app"

What do you like best?

It simplified our lead assignments...a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be better…setting up the email notifications within Salesforce could’ve gone more smoothly.

Lead matching to current Sales reps

Learn more about LeanData

LeanData Videos

Learning about LeanData?

* We monitor all LeanData reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.