LeanKit by Planview

LeanKit is a visual project and process management tool helping businesses manage and organize their future projects.

Work for LeanKit by Planview?

Learning about LeanKit by Planview?

LeanKit by Planview Reviews

Showing 298 LeanKit by Planview reviews
LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Mirco  L.</span>
Mirco L.

"Its awesome"

What do you like best?

The operation is easy. The overview is clear. Communication with other participants works very well. You can use the tool across departments.

What do you dislike?

One would have to have more individual influence on the tool. An idea would be a kind of "open source" application in which the user can independently change operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had shortlisted LeanKit before 2012 after getting a quick overview of the different tools. I also liked Trello very much, but LeanKit spoke to me immediately. I think it was mainly the possibility to hide backlog and archive and the design possibilities at the lanes, which had done to me. True to the motto "Try it" is about studying so I put my new LeanKit board into operation at the end of April.

The department can be organized. The department can also be displayed transparently. Projects can be started and transferred to other areas of the company. The possibility to divide horizontally Lanes, I find very helpful. It opens up a wide variety of possibilities in the design of the board and has an extremely positive effect on the clarity! A feature that I definitely do not want to miss anymore!

When it comes to customizing the board structure, I was very pleasantly surprised how good it works on the iPad via the webapp. Only the "Card Styles" can not be adjusted here. The iOS app does not offer this functionality either, but that does not bother you, because you do not always make these adjustments.

The only drawback with the iOS app: The editing works only with Internet connection, which makes it sometimes difficult to use travel times for planning! PRO: WIP limits, design options and notifications make the tool very appealing to me.

iOS App and Webapp are very comfortable to use.

Changes can be made quickly, so no idea is lost.

CON: I would like to be able to use IFTTT because I do not want to spend the cost of Zapier for private purposes.

Regular tasks can not be mastered either.

Both would not be a problem if you could create maps by email. This is the biggest drawback in my opinion!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LeanKit by Planview
LeanKit by Planview review by <span>kailash r.</span>
kailash r.

"Review of Leankit from my Perspective"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can work and move projects without any difficulty. Each card in Leankit KANBAN board has all the information that is required and it also has block option which helps me analyse which project was stuck in which lane and what was the reason for the same. This tool helps me in my day to day work.

What do you dislike?

There are some updates that is made which the user will not be made aware of. The user experience changes when you login to the board the next day. This will make the user wonder what changed and how to adopt to the change drastically. Any new updates that is made can be notified to the user (via mail) which will help the user to adopt to the upgrades.

We build Servers based on the application and requirement given by the application teams. We have created different lanes on the KANBAN board and cards are created with respective information. As the server build progresses we move the respective card created to respective lane and block the cards when there are roadblocks while building the server.

What Project Management solution do you use?

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Amber S.</span>
Amber S.

"Lean and Planned "

What do you like best?

Being able to manage different types of tasks through cards and boards. Adding comments and being able to upload documents for a card is another great functionality provided by LeanKit. The support to define child cards along with being able to see the history of a card is an added advantage.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to mark a card as duplicate as in if two cards have been created for the same purpose there should be a straightforward way to mark a card as duplicate for the other card. Also i found that finding a card which has been archived using its name is quite difficult. There should be some search mechanism which could help in easing this up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to support Agile

Leankit supports in working with the Agile process. Individuals can see and manage their tasks in a better way. It benefits the scrum master in an Agile process to seamlessly create and assign tasks to team members along with assigning a priority to the task and also due dates. Being able to maintain cards as per the Parent cards is another better way to of managing tasks which are related or tasks which fall under the same category. Another great feature would be being able to block a card until another card has been implemented, which really helps to provide greater clarity in understanding the workflow. Maintaining tags for cards is another great functionality to manage related tasks.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Reuben C.</span>
Reuben C.

"LeanKit is a great KanBan product for any team!"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. There are so many features, but they make it intuitive and easy to stay on track and share information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I don't like! There are some ways that my team members use it that can be frustrating at times, but that isn't the product's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! It has many features that are super useful!

We use it for project management. We have departments all over the company that are sending us projects and we have to collaborate with many team members that reside all over the place. We meet every other week to discus projects and LeanKit is basically our agenda. We go over each card, its status, issues, etc. We have found that the attachment abilities allow file sharing for those without vpn, historical information is easy to access, and everyone can instantly know where their projects are.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Sorcha M.</span>
Sorcha M.

"A great Kanban or agile development board"

What do you like best?

Having multiple columns to organise the team around types of tasks or projects is beneficial. There are multi-coloured cards (where the tasks go) and tasks available. I like that the tasks you place inside cards can hold a lot of information and can have additional comments, photos and information on them.

What do you dislike?

You are unable to delete tasks (inside cards). If something is incorrect it has to be moved to an "incorrect" or "done" area or labelled incorrect.

We find this particularly useful four our QA and Support team to identify and resolve bugs in the game through an initial vetting process. Bugs can be placed by support as tasks, and comments can be added to those as we learn more about the issue or discover further incidents. The bug, if reproduced, can be then changed to a different colour, moved to a different section of the card or taken into JIRA or Sifter. We also use Leankit for organising around projects such as rewriting articles on our help center. Sections of the help center to be redone can have individual cards and then tasks for each article can be placed inside.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Gabriella S.</span>
Gabriella S.

"LeanKit Review"

What do you like best?

I love how sleek the design is. Everything is easy to find on the project, and easily categorized. We use LeanKit for developers during our releases to keep track of their tasks, and for our services team to assign deployments. It is easy to use for both use cases and easy for our team to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

We use LeanKit by putting 'Card Type' as the person who is assigned to a given card, and any helpers are added as 'Assigned Users'. This can get confusing because we wish that we could terminology change the 'Card Type' to 'Assigned Users' and 'Assigned Users' to 'Additional Users' or 'Helpers' or something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use LeanKit! We love it!

We use LeanKit for release cards when we push out software releases, as well as assigning projects to our users. It makes it very easy for our users to know who is assigned to what subjects.

Learn more about LeanKit by Planview

LeanKit by Planview Videos

Learning about LeanKit by Planview?

* We monitor all LeanKit by Planview reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.