LeanKit by Planview

LeanKit is a visual project and process management tool helping businesses manage and organize their future projects.

Work for LeanKit by Planview?

Learning about LeanKit by Planview?

LeanKit by Planview Reviews

Showing 311 LeanKit by Planview reviews
LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Mirco  L.</span>
Mirco L.

"Its awesome"

What do you like best?

The operation is easy. The overview is clear. Communication with other participants works very well. You can use the tool across departments.

What do you dislike?

One would have to have more individual influence on the tool. An idea would be a kind of "open source" application in which the user can independently change operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had shortlisted LeanKit before 2012 after getting a quick overview of the different tools. I also liked Trello very much, but LeanKit spoke to me immediately. I think it was mainly the possibility to hide backlog and archive and the design possibilities at the lanes, which had done to me. True to the motto "Try it" is about studying so I put my new LeanKit board into operation at the end of April.

The department can be organized. The department can also be displayed transparently. Projects can be started and transferred to other areas of the company. The possibility to divide horizontally Lanes, I find very helpful. It opens up a wide variety of possibilities in the design of the board and has an extremely positive effect on the clarity! A feature that I definitely do not want to miss anymore!

When it comes to customizing the board structure, I was very pleasantly surprised how good it works on the iPad via the webapp. Only the "Card Styles" can not be adjusted here. The iOS app does not offer this functionality either, but that does not bother you, because you do not always make these adjustments.

The only drawback with the iOS app: The editing works only with Internet connection, which makes it sometimes difficult to use travel times for planning! PRO: WIP limits, design options and notifications make the tool very appealing to me.

iOS App and Webapp are very comfortable to use.

Changes can be made quickly, so no idea is lost.

CON: I would like to be able to use IFTTT because I do not want to spend the cost of Zapier for private purposes.

Regular tasks can not be mastered either.

Both would not be a problem if you could create maps by email. This is the biggest drawback in my opinion!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LeanKit by Planview
LeanKit by Planview review by <span>kailash r.</span>
kailash r.

"Review of Leankit from my Perspective"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can work and move projects without any difficulty. Each card in Leankit KANBAN board has all the information that is required and it also has block option which helps me analyse which project was stuck in which lane and what was the reason for the same. This tool helps me in my day to day work.

What do you dislike?

There are some updates that is made which the user will not be made aware of. The user experience changes when you login to the board the next day. This will make the user wonder what changed and how to adopt to the change drastically. Any new updates that is made can be notified to the user (via mail) which will help the user to adopt to the upgrades.

We build Servers based on the application and requirement given by the application teams. We have created different lanes on the KANBAN board and cards are created with respective information. As the server build progresses we move the respective card created to respective lane and block the cards when there are roadblocks while building the server.

What Project Management solution do you use?

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Amber S.</span>
Amber S.

"Lean and Planned "

What do you like best?

Being able to manage different types of tasks through cards and boards. Adding comments and being able to upload documents for a card is another great functionality provided by LeanKit. The support to define child cards along with being able to see the history of a card is an added advantage.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to mark a card as duplicate as in if two cards have been created for the same purpose there should be a straightforward way to mark a card as duplicate for the other card. Also i found that finding a card which has been archived using its name is quite difficult. There should be some search mechanism which could help in easing this up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to support Agile

Leankit supports in working with the Agile process. Individuals can see and manage their tasks in a better way. It benefits the scrum master in an Agile process to seamlessly create and assign tasks to team members along with assigning a priority to the task and also due dates. Being able to maintain cards as per the Parent cards is another better way to of managing tasks which are related or tasks which fall under the same category. Another great feature would be being able to block a card until another card has been implemented, which really helps to provide greater clarity in understanding the workflow. Maintaining tags for cards is another great functionality to manage related tasks.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Reuben C.</span>
Reuben C.

"LeanKit is a great KanBan product for any team!"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. There are so many features, but they make it intuitive and easy to stay on track and share information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I don't like! There are some ways that my team members use it that can be frustrating at times, but that isn't the product's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! It has many features that are super useful!

We use it for project management. We have departments all over the company that are sending us projects and we have to collaborate with many team members that reside all over the place. We meet every other week to discus projects and LeanKit is basically our agenda. We go over each card, its status, issues, etc. We have found that the attachment abilities allow file sharing for those without vpn, historical information is easy to access, and everyone can instantly know where their projects are.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Sorcha M.</span>
Sorcha M.

"A great Kanban or agile development board"

What do you like best?

Having multiple columns to organise the team around types of tasks or projects is beneficial. There are multi-coloured cards (where the tasks go) and tasks available. I like that the tasks you place inside cards can hold a lot of information and can have additional comments, photos and information on them.

What do you dislike?

You are unable to delete tasks (inside cards). If something is incorrect it has to be moved to an "incorrect" or "done" area or labelled incorrect.

We find this particularly useful four our QA and Support team to identify and resolve bugs in the game through an initial vetting process. Bugs can be placed by support as tasks, and comments can be added to those as we learn more about the issue or discover further incidents. The bug, if reproduced, can be then changed to a different colour, moved to a different section of the card or taken into JIRA or Sifter. We also use Leankit for organising around projects such as rewriting articles on our help center. Sections of the help center to be redone can have individual cards and then tasks for each article can be placed inside.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Gabriella S.</span>
Gabriella S.

"LeanKit Review"

What do you like best?

I love how sleek the design is. Everything is easy to find on the project, and easily categorized. We use LeanKit for developers during our releases to keep track of their tasks, and for our services team to assign deployments. It is easy to use for both use cases and easy for our team to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

We use LeanKit by putting 'Card Type' as the person who is assigned to a given card, and any helpers are added as 'Assigned Users'. This can get confusing because we wish that we could terminology change the 'Card Type' to 'Assigned Users' and 'Assigned Users' to 'Additional Users' or 'Helpers' or something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use LeanKit! We love it!

We use LeanKit for release cards when we push out software releases, as well as assigning projects to our users. It makes it very easy for our users to know who is assigned to what subjects.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

"Intuitive software that increases throughput!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and fun it is to move cards to done and track your progress on projects that deliver value to users. You can create cards quickly, fill in more details, classify them according to type of work/value, assign them to one or more team members, get notifications on progress, attach files for reference, and much more. It's a simple, clean design but powerful underneath.

What do you dislike?

The hyperlinks in card comments do not look like hyperlinks until you hover over them, and URLs are not automatically rendered as clickable links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn about Lean/Agile first and make sure your whole team understands the lean concepts of sequencing, focusing on chunks of value rather than focusing on chunks of work, etc. The ideas have to be there for the tool to make any sense. However, if you are already striving to be a lean/agile team, use LeanKit!

I used to struggle to prioritize tasks and keep track of the goal (rather than just the work). Now, my teammates and I have a weekly Monday planning meeting where we queue up the cards we are going to work on this week and coordinate our goals, and a weekly Friday meeting to celebrate the cards we moved to DONE. We discuss what we should be doing, how it creates value for our customers, and what should be prioritized over what.

I used to just check off tasks in whatever order I thought best, but now the team works together to create value. It sounds like a subtle shift, but it has made a world of difference in my department and beyond. Leankit has facilitated that. Cards on a customizable board, quite simply, work better to get things finished and keep the right mindset than tasks on a checklist. It's simple, powerful, almost magical.

Notes:

1) There are probably many wrong ways of using LeanKit that wouldn't generate these results. It's the Lean/Agile methodology that really makes the difference, but Leankit makes it much easier to stay lean/agile in your daily work.

2) Full disclosure: I happen to be closely related to a Planview LeanKit employee, but I do actually use LeanKit for work on a daily basis and have noticed an enormous difference since starting to use it. The opinions in this review are still my honest opinions.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Alberto A.</span>
Alberto A.

"Posttest on the Screen"

What do you like best?

I like that leankit is like having posttest on my screen as it clears up a lot of my desk space, so now I have a very tidy clean desk. I also like that I get to assign task to my colleagues to make them work.

What do you dislike?

I really do not like that I can not move the window that opens up a card to link it to a child or parent card, cause I forget what I need to link it to and can move the window to see the other cards behind for their name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use leankit to keep your workers in check and their task on time and ensure to save the trees so we can all breath in the future.

We are solving the deforestation of the brazilin rainforest by me not having to purchase and use so many posttest.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Jennie K.</span>
Jennie K.

"Clinical Engineer 4"

What do you like best?

LeanKit is a great way to organize team projects. We love the fact that you can color code and create cards straight form e-mail. The new changes to the Board Layout editor make it easy to create and clone swimlanes.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could lock a row across multiple column so that they always lined up no matter how many cards were in each. Signing up for E-mail subscriptions to boards or cards is not intuitive. Also, we should get e-mail notification when cards due date icon changes colors from grey to yellow to red. Being able to change the color of text or header bars would help with visual appeal and organization.

We use it for Daily management stand up meeting and to link tasks to other boards and other teams.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Jordan W.</span>
Jordan W.

"Dev workflow tool"

What do you like best?

Leankit makes seeing your own tasks very easy. I like that as soon as a task is ready to go into testing I receive an email stating that I have been assigned to a card and testing is ready to begin. It also makes it a lot easier to see what we have waiting in our stand up, what we have waiting as a priority and if and why a card has been blocked.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say something it would probably be the mobile app, however it is still a great tool just needs to be updated a bit to mirror the web app

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Leankit, you can start a free trial and have a look for yourself.

We use this in our daily stand up, it saves us a lot of time where we can filter between the different assignee's and different priorities/card types.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Development Team Workflow using Leankit"

What do you like best?

Leankit makes it really easy to see what tasks i've been assigned to and where they are in the development process.

Using the comments system allows me to communicate with different members of the team.

We use the api to send information between leankit and zendesk which is very easy to use.

When needed to, I've contacted support via Twitter and always got a prompt reply.

What do you dislike?

At times i wish there was more customisation on cards, for example when a card moves into a lane it would be good if you specify some rules about what's in the card.

Allows members of the team to see what's on their task list and where other people are with different tasks.

Used in our daily stand up meeting and is easy to switch between the different assignee's.

Moved over from Jira and the workflow process greatly improved.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Matthew B.</span>
Matthew B.

"Tools for Development Control"

What do you like best?

This Kanban style board is full of features and very easy to use. Our team had been playing with Trello, then Jira, but all seemed to not really fit what we were after. Once we found Leankit, we tried their Demo and signed up for a free trial. It must have taken us no more than two days to come to the conclusion this was what we needed.

If you are familiar with Kanban then this board will make sense. There are a number of example boards to start with to get you up and running, each with defined cards. The ability to colour cards and assign users each with an avatar makes the whole single view very quick and simple to use.

With each stand up we are able to go through the current work load quickly and efficiently. We are able to see the backlog and able to prioritize the cards as needed.

What do you dislike?

The mobile App is not as good as the Webapp which is excellent. They could invest a little more into the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create an account and start the free trial. Do not shy away from the leankit contact who in my case was very helpful. I would really suggest giving it a go.

This helps my development team to achieve continuous improvement. We have become a lot better at delivering more projects, quickly. This has made a difference to the team and how they feel towards the incoming projects.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Rajesh  Y.</span>
Rajesh Y.

"a single platform for the complete status view of the entire business deliverables."

What do you like best?

Personally I like the idea of having a consolidated status view , which provides the persons from management a holistic view of the entire deliverables and we could rapidly integrate the same in our opportunities and risk areas.

What do you dislike?

Even though the experience is very good, however, there is always a scope for improvement. Some more documentation and hierarchy could be made, to further enhance its utilization at different levels of organization and thus achieve a more collaborative and agile way of working while using the leankit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to strongly recommend the usage of Leankit by Planview for managing the projects and business deliveries in more agile and scrum format.

My core area is program management, which means I have to track a lot of different projects, which are working at different levels. The Leankit provides me an opportunity to integrate the outcomes and life cycles of all my projects in a single board of Leankit and thus getting timely update from a single view.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Stephen C.</span>
Stephen C.

"LeanKit is okay"

What do you like best?

The best thing about it and how our department uses LeanKit is more like a to-do list. When cards are created and added to our boards we have a visual representation of what needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

The major dislike (and honestly, why our department doesn't care to use it) is because LeanKit doesn't have enough granularity with its filters; or I should say, the option to save filters. Our entire department is made up of smaller sub-departments, and each of these have a lead engineer/manager. We have multiple boards to sift through. Not being able to save filters makes traversing boards and cards cumbersome...to the point where it's not worth messing with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If LeanKit can update the ability to save filters, I believe our department would use this tool far more.

For myself, I primarily use LeanKit to be a visual to-do list. This helps me not forget tasks.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Dorota G.</span>
Dorota G.

"LeanKit review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for everybody. The interface is also very clean and nice to look at. It is useful for management and regular users. It gives many options to build your board as you like it. I think it is an easier tool than Jira for example. For people who are new in Agile way of working it is a good starter. It is good that to one card many assigners can be assign and it is easy to change it very fast. It is also an advantage the ability to create several boards on one page, which is good when you have different subprojects and there is no need in swapping from one page to another. It is very convenient I would even say.

What do you dislike?

The settings are not so developed and it is a pity that once you create a card on your board there is no option to delete it. It can only be put to Archive and this way the board can be easily messed by card which are not in use anymore and are not needed. Maybe there is this option to delete, however, I couldn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good option to Jira.

We create some kind of a Kanban Board in LeanKit. It helps us managing our tasks in everyday work. It is also a really good for our Project Manager to see how the project flow is going.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"Excellent Project/Development management tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to customize the boards to create a unique process for each project. The UI is very intuitive and easy to understand. We often have users outside of the development team come in and use the tool and they are able to understand it right away. This was not the same for other tools that we tried. The cards themselves have a lot of valuable information that can be easily entered and read. The stats and reporting is very valuable too.

What do you dislike?

I wish searching individual boards was a slightly easier. For large projects, it can sometimes be hard to know where a card is located currently. Better search functionality would help out in these situations.

It helps keep track of large projects easily and easily see how close a project is to finishing. Leankit is a source of truth for all information related to projects we are currently working on our projects we would like to take on in the future

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Bart F.</span>
Bart F.

"Great visibility on what everyone is working on"

What do you like best?

I like the history tab. Being able to hold people accountable for what they did and when they did it has been great for us. No more "I put the paper on his desk yesterday"

What do you dislike?

I miss the calendar view. Rather than making it better, it got scrapped. I wish there were more emphasis on due dates and updating dates on older cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leankit works best if its your sole source for information within your company. Use it 100% and its great.

We eliminated a lot of printed paper and have organized our office activities much better. Its added a lot of oversight and shows us our bottlenecks in different departments.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Eco-friendly Kanban"

What do you like best?

Task visualization & collaboration: This is the new age of post-its. It's a great way to collaborate on team tasks, to define owners and due dates. Color coding and icons help team members visualize activities and any dependencies or block that could be preventing progress.

What do you dislike?

Clunky metric reporting - some metric reports we run rely on searching for scope or icon information. Here capitalization matters, and when you have over 200 users - it's hard to make sure they are all using the appropriate spelling or tags. There are also limitations to tracking comment information or history when cards get deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool my team uses to track SAFe stories and dependencies. I enjoy using the visual platform to track assigned tasks, completion dates, and anything that may be causing a block or delay. This tool is working well for our development projects, so far we have not collected enough data to determine if this is actually keeping us on track, but it is helping prevent scope creep and prioritize resource utilization.

We use this software to help us implement SAFe Agile team tracking - this has supported our development engineering teams to help maintain project schedules and minimize scope creep.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Vishal  K.</span>
Vishal K.

"A good platform to prioritize tasks and keep a track of them"

What do you like best?

Ease of use,the ability to create child tasks/subtasks within tasks, and move cards from one board to the other.

What do you dislike?

It takes sometime to realize the full potential of the tool and make the best use of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the tutorials on the website, that would really help use the toll to its full potential!

We are a team with different members working towards different tasks. Using leankit makes it easy for us to see the progress of each others tasks and keep a track of our own tasks, which otherwise would take a lot of effort to manually update and keep a track of.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"Project Management tool that is held back by performance and integration problems"

What do you like best?

I think Leankit does a good job of balancing the simplicity of a Kanban style project management board that doesn't force you to follow a complex lifecycle or require too much bootstrapping to get to work.

What do you dislike?

Performance is awful on large boards. Integration with services like Github is a huge hassle. Leankit seems to be a project manager first platform. I may be biased as a software developer but I would rather use a system that puts my needs first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I could see this being a great tool for users that have a well defined project management team. For teams that rely heavily on their development team for planning it can feel somewhat clunky.

We use Leankit for planning out feature sprints and milestones. This includes bug tracking, feature requests, hotfixes, QA and release lifecycles.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

"Leankit Review"

What do you like best?

I don't use this product as much as the OPS team but it appears easy to move a property from one status to another by clicking and dragging, to keep track of business flow

What do you dislike?

It seems the layout could look a little more organized. To be frank I'm not in the program every day so not an expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, can follow the production process/board easily and move products from step to step.

Leankit lets the ops team build out products and sales/management can follow along with which step each product is at in the buildout process.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>William V.</span>
William V.

"Overall, a nice, easy to use product that needs some refinement around the edges."

What do you like best?

We migrated to LeanKit from Jira. LeanKit is a simplified version of Jira, which is probably what I like best.

What do you dislike?

It has some fairly blatant bugs/inconsistencies that need to be resolved. For example, the use of the "@" sign to mention/tag people doesn't always work smoothly; it can be finicky when backspacing a person's name you're trying to find/tag and when pasting text in a comment when someone is mentioned with the "@" sign.

We're improving general business project process and management. It offers a lower learning curve than Jira to new and existing users.

LeanKit by Planview review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"No more Status reports"

What do you like best?

ability to see multiple groups across the enterprise and what they are focusing on.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is still a little limited, for those manager that need a piece of paper there isn't a easy way to create a good report to show all the tasks being worked on by user, or by team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The hardest part is getting users to try and consistently updating the boards. But once they realize the benefits like no more status reports, one spot to track all tasks (so something doesn't drop off the radar and you get yelled at), and cross group collaboration the product will become the main point for tracking task. This isn't a great end to end integrated application release task manager, there are other tools that do that better. But for normal every day tasks and repeatable tasks this is a great product.

Collaboration and openness on what is being worked on across multiple groups. if something catches your eye or impacts your team that another team is working on you can get ahold of them early rather than after they are done with the deployment.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Ajay S.</span>
Ajay S.

"It's good if you dislike Scrum and want an alternative but not great"

What do you like best?

Ability to create back-log of items. Ease of moving cards through the different phases as the task progresses.

What do you dislike?

When there are multiple members in the team, the dashboard looks like a clutter. I wish there was an easy way to filter or show customized view appropriate to me. Integration with current issue (ticket) management system is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to understand it fully before using it.

For our team Scrum board wasn't that useful and we were looking for an alternative way to track our tasks. LeanKit helped us a lot.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Kyle H.</span>
Kyle H.

"Leankit has been easy to use, and a great fit for our use case."

What do you like best?

I like the customizable pipelines and the ability to share cards between boards. Child cards have been very useful for us.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a place to view all of the cards assigned to me across boards. This is a pretty important feature when working across multiple boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a streamlined platform with simple features, but the customization makes it powerful.

We plan our weekly sprints as well as product roadmaps with Leankit. We've been able to stay organized and insync. Leankit guides our meeting conversations as well.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Austin  S.</span>
Austin S.

"Leankit Planning Board"

What do you like best?

This is a clear way to show the whole group tasks that need to be done. It is verry effective of sending email to keep everyone on the same page

What do you dislike?

you seam to you either get emails for every notification or emails for no notifications

We have allowed our production staff to voice their requests in one central spot where they will not be overlooked. This is very helpful for production support because instead of working on the issue we first see we work on the most important issue.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Mikkel C.</span>
Mikkel C.

"Great coordinating tool in project teams"

What do you like best?

The ability to coordinate between part time employees working on the same project, but not necessarily working the same days.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is a bit iffy. Layout it good, but design and "flow" could be improved. Design seems a bit outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's working. It's a nice tool for coordinating efforts.

We are four student assisstants working on the same project, which means we are not working full time and thus not on the same day. This requires a very high level of coordination, which LeanKit can help achieve.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Alicia C.</span>
Alicia C.

"Confusing when you add a lot of cards. Only useful for a high-level overview. Not the best in class."

What do you like best?

The support was fantastic, quick replies and actual people ready to assist. They were not global, however, so you had to work with EU timezone.

What do you dislike?

It looks very confusing when actually used in detail. The more cards you add, the more confusing it looks. I would only use if you need to display a very high-level overview of a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd only recommend using this if you plan to use minimal amounts of cards. Too much detail/tasks/owners makes it very confusing.

Project management across multiple workstreams and locations in an agile environment, including notifications, uploads, reports, etc.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>John C.</span>
John C.

"Easy to use as long as your team enforces it and explains the purpose"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and has a great visual interface that works perfectly for designers.

What do you dislike?

A little bit of a dated design, could be a little less cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you explain the value to your team when you're starting the project (i.e. why we're switching/using LeanKit, what it can do for the team, and how it helps, etc.) and enforce it along the way (make sure people are working off their cards and nothing else) it works very well.

LeanKit helped every member of the design team know exactly what they owned within a banking project we recently performed. It allowed every member to have a very efficient checklist to prevent any overlap, and helped collect client feedback easily.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Kenny S.</span>
Kenny S.

"Harnessing the Chaos"

What do you like best?

I've been using LeanKit for several months now. It's been the strongest productivity tool I've ever used. Coupled with an understanding of Personal Kanban, it's been a great help in harnessing order from the chaos of so many inputs.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The UI was a tad finicky at times, but the new enhancements have made it much snappier and more user friendly.

It's helping me understand my own flow if work much better, and it really helps to focus on the most important things.

It's helped me to see how limited is real productive time, and that time must be invested in the right ways or it gets easily squandered with no-value-add work.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Sergio B.</span>
Sergio B.

"Good Kanban, but metrics should be way better for its price"

What do you like best?

One thing I really like in Leankit is the Kanban. Really easy to customize and use, I was able to do whatever I wanted to.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards and metrics. Even though they exist, they are a terrible experience to use. I still manually use my spreadsheets to generate real metrics, because I cannot customize the extraction the way I want (and honestly, if I can do in a spreadsheet, it is not Rocket Science). Already reached Leankit 6 months ago and nothing so far.

I'm currently working in an office where I do not have space to build a physical Kanban, and also, we have a culture of working from home some days, so this has been a great help.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Darren H.</span>
Darren H.

"The right balance of features and simplicity"

What do you like best?

The most useful benefit is in its ability to add and link layers (parent-child) such that one can have a strategic view which links to projects which links to features which links to development tasks.

What do you dislike?

Managing the links can be an administration in itself - but not all links need to be explicit. LeanKit's external integrations are very poor, which is a shame. Having the ability to link to systems like Slack, ZenDesk etc would be useful (they have an API and they offer Zapier) but proper integrations would be extremely useful

Visualising flow from strategy to execution, that's the biggest benefit I've realised with LeanKit. I

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Normann Aa. N.</span>
Normann Aa. N.

"Simple tool but that's the point"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of LeanKit is the most positive aspect of the product. It is meant to keep track of the Kanban Cards in a Lean process, and it does so with no special bells and whistles - it just Works. You are free to add / modify comments to Cards as you like, you can combine tasks into a single Card and so on. Simple and shareable.

What do you dislike?

The help text is not complete: It does not explain all fields and their use, which is a pity.Also, the systems can sometimes feel slow.

Keeping track of Progress of work done on several appendices in a contract writing phase.

Breakdown of a minor project into worksheets.

LeanKit by Planview review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great for the eyes, Great for the work flow"

What do you like best?

Having an attractive online kaban-style board. By far replaces the paper one with an easy to access, easy to look at, and easy to design. Great customizability and extra features, can easily be tuned to your work flow.

What do you dislike?

Some of the backend API is unintuitive (although it is already in migration). Some of the UI is crowded and awkward when trying to utilize fully - works best as a kaban board.

Being able to compile all work - new work, in progress, and finished - all into a very effective screen, that allows issues that may otherwise slip through the cracks - to be seen, prioritized, and taken care of (all of it)

LeanKit by Planview review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Workflow zen!"

What do you like best?

The ability to create flexible and visual, Kanban based workflows. And see the flow of cards through a complex workflow with main and substages. Simple and powerful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I started to type it would be nice to have a more traditional excel / vertical nesting gantt chart view of the workflow and tasks. However, this would negate the main power of exposing exactly this type of traditional approach in the visual Kanban board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free demo and have a play.

Learning product development. Managing large volumes of content items (500+) and types (PDF, Video, Questions) through a fixed step process. Main benefit? Capturing all of the items in a ready to start lane/backlog. But then focusing only on those cards that are active. The backlog provides confidence that the work is captured, but only having the active cards in the workflow improves clarity and speed of group status updates massively.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Computer Software

"Just experimenting for a course"

What do you like best?

How interactive it is to work with the huge and abstract collections of data

What do you dislike?

Still not too much community to solve common questions

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Leankit is a very good software for viewing, analysing and extracting insights from data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

None in business world

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator

"Simple but powerful kanban project management"

What do you like best?

- Intuitive UI

- Obvious thought into use case development

- Powerful but simple reporting - they help answer the right questions

- Managing projects via remote teams is not difficult

- Tying cards together via parent-child relationships is awesome

What do you dislike?

- Collaboration can be a little wonky

- It can be buggy from time-to-time

- Moving cards from board-to-board doesn't allow for defining column destination

- More robust integration options

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Trello is too simple and Jira too complicated, then Leankit is the best solution for you. It fills the reporting gaps and board-to-board connection problems that exist in Trello. At the same time, it solves the intuitiveness and ease-of-use problems that plague Jira. It's a nice in-between solution.

We are solving the product development organization problem. Leankit is where we project manage all development and all bugs. It helps us keep track of who's doing what, where the holes are in our project pipeline and how we're stacking up against goals.

"Great Visual Tool"

What do you like best?

You can quickly see what phase a project is in when glancing at the board. I also like the ability to take meeting notes right on the card, during the meeting. Being able to add tasks or multiple uses keeps projects well organized

What do you dislike?

There are some minor formatting things that can't be done

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative when setting it up. We started with a base template and then changed it around to better suit our needs. We. also looked at the layouts other teams are using to have other opinions of the set up.

tracking projects and BAU are easier with Lean Kit. Should Senior Management choose to join a stand up, they can easily pick a project to review based on the few key elements noted on the card. Updating the cards with meeting notes and milestones keep a running story of what is happening when and who the performers are.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Anthony C.</span>
Anthony C.

"LeanKit for Agile Marketing"

What do you like best?

LeanKit for our use as an Agile Marketing team is functional but not perfect. The drag-and-drop interface for moving cards is simple, and the mass action tools are quite helpful. Using the Kanban board layout provides us with the pull-based work from Kanban, while we use the 'size' feature for Story cards to mesh with our Scrum estimation. As a hybrid Scrumban marketing team, LeanKit meets many of our needs for the visualization and simplicity of shared boards across teams.

For the money, the drag-and-drop controls and the nice UI for the card system is hard (impossible?) to beat.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps because we're using LeanKit via 'Scrumban', the tool has some limitations and glitches that make it quirky to work with throughout the day, every day. Still, the ability to only add in sizing for estimates and not have a place to track actual sizing/points is a significant limitation. Further, while the board set up does allow for the use of colored cards, these are limited by how reporting happens on the backend, so color for the sake of identification isn't an option if you're, like us, trying to use colors to denote a planned Story vs. an unplanned Story (we call them 'Spikes') during a Sprint.

The reporting tools for charts are there, but like most Software-as-a-Service tools, the reporting is limited, quirky, and non-intuitive.

Additionally, the card numbering schema is sequential regardless of the card type (Epic vs. Story), which makes alphanumeric numbering impossible. Using the "external card ID" is completely manual.

Finally, the mobile app is difficult to use on large boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time with the demo and use the heck out of it to make sure it meets your needs.

As one of the early adopters of Agile Marketing, we're able to work in Scrum sprints, but leverage the flexibility of Kanban due to the nature of interrupt-driven marketing. Therefore, while we're a Scrumban team, LeanKit offered enough flexibility for us to work around their deficiencies while taking advantage of the drag-and-drop interface for visualizing our work.

As a company with two marketing teams (US and Europe), using multiple boards has been nice, though not seamless. Still, since LeanKit is browser-based, it gives us enough bang for our buck to make it easy for all to see what we're working on, what's getting done, and how we're prioritizing our planned and unplanned work.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"Lean Kit is friendly, intuitive and is what you need to create transparency in your project"

What do you like best?

Lean Kit helps to keep it simple and helps create transparency in terms of progress, risks, bottlenecks and as well as providing an open forum for discussion of wide ranging topics in s a projects. It helps contribute ideas from all who are part of the project. Hence, someone's issue can be seen by others who can pitch in to help based on available data on dashboard.

What do you dislike?

A voice recognition system can be added that can type in requirements. It will help in less typing in the cards. It can also help folks with special needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please go ahead and use the product at least in trial version to see the full benefits.

It helps create transparency in a project and helps to manage projects on the go. It helps to create a display of easy to understand progress of tasks and issues related to the project.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Ryan D.</span>
Ryan D.

"Small IT Team (6 devs) - Formalizing SDLC"

What do you like best?

Very easy for new team members to understand. Great flexibility to build boards that model out processes and flexible enough to change with out needs.

What do you dislike?

Their analytics reporting engine is terrible. While this tool has done great to formalize our process, I can't get any useful data out of their analytics tools so my reporting metrics to executives is by far my largest pain point. Very frustrated on this topic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before buying this tool make sure you build out the board model in a free trial period, then require that the leankit staff create the "exact" reports you require before moving forward. I updated to the "analytics" level subscription and I have been very disappointed. I have yet to get any useful reports out of the tool.

I needed a flexible tool to manage two aspects of IT department with my small team.

1) Project work done in an agile/scrum fashion

2) Dev-Ops - we support immediate needs of the business at all times

Other products where tailored to scrum and therefore when the operational aspect of our department trumped the projects in processes we failed sprint after sprint simple because of the operational responsibilities we had. I now have a board modeled that tells the entire story accurately.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Cinthya R.</span>
Cinthya R.

"Easy way to identify where is the bottelneck to focus in"

What do you like best?

Don´t need to remember everything because have many options to plan our activites: notes, due date, specifications, and the best is that you can indicate in which states are each of your cards.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is not easy to find time and update the status for all your cards, you can keep record from your work but is not a way for doing your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify the objective that you want to achieve and if leankit is an option, will work ok

Update the status for Jobs in each stage (design, material order, production, sampling, etc)

Is an easy way to notice in which stage are the majority of Jobs

Don´t forget to follow up any Job

Your boss can see the status instead of asking

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Keith M.</span>
Keith M.

"Leankit makes tasks easy to view and manage, you can link tickets and fully customize lanes/boards. "

What do you like best?

the best part of leankit is how easy and straightforward it is ti use. Anyone from marketing to account management can login and make tickets right away.

What do you dislike?

Leankit is tough to format comments to look how you want them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the main things to keep in mind with a ticketing service is how well your users will adopt and actually use the service. In many cases switching to a new ticketing system causes users to get overwhelmed and revert to sending emails and slack messages instead of following the process for getting work done.

Infrastructure Operations tasks are being solved using leanKit in quick and efficient manner.

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator

"Good, solid online Kanban board"

What do you like best?

My team has used LeanKit for a number of years now. As far as a Kanban board goes, it nails all the must-haves. For the most part, navigating around a board and performing day-to-day work on cards is a smooth and unobtrusive process.

What do you dislike?

We miss the inability to subscribe an external email address to a column. Product updates have been slow to arrive and at times we have wondered if the product was still being improved.

We track all of our big-picture planning and day-to-day work on Kanban boards. It allows us to see at a glance what everyone is working on and coordinate our team.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Tadas B.</span>
Tadas B.

"The planning tool for the planning challenged"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool allows any organisationally challenged person to be completely up to date to any activities any of your colleagues are doing and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there are some details or quirks that the app is lacking - but I haven't experienced any of that, yet.

Keeping track of tasks to do or are in progress is a joy rather than a chore.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Catalina A.</span>
Catalina A.

"LeanKit Rocks"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can plan your big ideas and are then able to drill down by using child cards. I also love that their is an attachment tab to allow you to save would findings or work completed.

What do you dislike?

the limitations that are given depending on your role or authority level access.

Automation process of our mundane/tedious level of work in our department at work.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Austin S.</span>
Austin S.

"A great switch for a company with a large number of projects!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Leankit is hands down how visual everything is. From overall progress of each project to the tiny details like tagging a project or blocking it, everything is so easy to manage at that 40,000 ft view a project manager needs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system can get a little laggy, but all-in-all its not something that is detrimental. It just gets annoying from time to time when things are a little laggy.

The whole reason we implemented Leankit was to streamline our website development process. With Leankit, we did exactly that!

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Igor T.</span>
Igor T.

"Quick, flexible, versatil"

What do you like best?

I like being able to overview all my tasks at once, and recognize priorities, topics, etc. Pretty much I like how "customizable" it is, since we are able to plot many types of stories on the same board.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to set a template and that template applies to a whole group of specific boards, so they can be related, tasks in one board can be duplicated to another and be updated regardless of the input board used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you have small team and tasks of different nature, different timing, so coordinating who is doing what and when will it be finished, what else someone is having next, the software works really nice, clear and easy to use and implement, online based so no need to install anything.

Reporting tools seem a little short or at least not as easy to start using as the boards, but I suppose that it can be improved over time and with feedback to Leankit team, since they are open to get your suggestions and work on implementing

I have on sight most of my work, currently ongoing, done and upcoming, I am able to better plan my week and my day, I am able to answer to other colleagues, tasks requester etc, when I will be able to deliver with one short look and analysis of my board.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Dan C.</span>
Dan C.

"If you need a visual planning tool then you should be using LeanKit"

What do you like best?

I like the people behind the product. I had the chance to get to know the found time and several other employees. When you invest in a solution like LeanKit the actual product is only a part of the purchase decision. In fact, it is a small part if you plan on using the solution over an extended period of time.

With that written, the product is really solid. It is easy to use out of the box. When I show it to my customers (one reason I am using LeanKit is to track the implementation of my solution) they just get it. I can also customize each board to fit my specific need.

What do you dislike?

I am looking forward to the ability to add more custom fields to a card. I would also like to see more attention on some of the admin functions like batch adding/updating user information.

The biggest business problem I am solving is making work visible in a manner that people "get". When I show people information in a spreadsheet I often get confused looks. When I show them the same information in LeanKit they get it.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Scot W.</span>
Scot W.

"LeanKit's flexibility and usability make it a great tool for teams of all sizes."

What do you like best?

LeanKit seems to focus on the basics needed by an agile/lean team. Being able to easily modify/customize a board to meet the needs of a specific team and/or process has been great and makes it easy to apply to several different needs within our department.

What do you dislike?

It is a little hard to get a quick look at the detail of several tasks/cards at one time on one screen, but that might just be due to my inexperience with that piece of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LeanKit is definitely worth a look if you are considering other tools of this genre. Competitive pricing, tool set, and ease of use and setup make it very competitive.

We are using the product for its stated purpose as a Lean/Kanban tool, but we are also using it a high level project tracker for the department to track our "MIP"s (Most Important Projects) list. This helps keep a active view of our progress as a department on projects that matter most to the company.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Zhu H.</span>
Zhu H.

"plan management and iteration implement "

What do you like best?

we can learn the current stage of a project, easily creat small task cards and review them with our team, manage all issue cards with different priority, pay more attention to solve urgent thing

What do you dislike?

a lot of invaild message send to the user if someone changes the card. If someone block a card, i want the total time for this card don't take this status into account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is convenient to plan and review project status

manage total plan for development, it is clear for all members to learn others status. By planview, I can know all my plan and task in time.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Visual Organizer out there!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I really do not have anything negative to say about Leankit. If you need organization in your company, and who doesn't?, then you need to use Leankit!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried several services to keep a visual organization of our ticketing system. Leankit gives us the freedom to set up the board however we need and the editing options are almost limitless! With hundreds of tasks needing to be done, this allows our whole team to keep track of each project at a glance and the color coding and editable formatting allows our company to do exactly what we need, so everyone can know exactly what is being worked on and when. I highly recommend this!

Before Leankit, our ticketing system was a mess. You had to search out tickets individually and let others in the company know the status of each. Now, everyone can take a glance and know immediately what is going on.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"LeanKit works well and is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to move cards in between Kanban lanes. It creates a nice visual. LeanKit is very useful for cross-team collaboration, especially when approvals are involved. We use it a lot for our onboarding process. It's fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I felt like it's easy to get lost in the different "layers" at times. There are cards, then tasks within the cards. Comments at different levels can get lost in the shuffle. Overall, it's not too bad though.

We are solving the problem of cross-team collaboration for onboarding and approval of products. LeanKit allows us to coordinate team members in other departments easily.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"No more confusion"

What do you like best?

Seamless system for project tracking. I love being able to track individual cards back to the greater projects and initiatives they’re related to. I also love the comment section - I can see how any project is moving along with ease.

What do you dislike?

So much email. It’s a bit overwhelming receiving an email any time there’s any activity on a card I’m tagged in, and I’ve missed some comments before because they got lost in the sea of email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time getting to know it.

So much more transparency about who’s doing what and how projects are managed. Very easy to track progress and monitor goals.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Shelia D.</span>
Shelia D.

"Current material issues to production in a timely manner"

What do you like best?

Jobs can be tracked throughout the process of issuing parts and monitoring for all changes that may occur during the pulling and issuing of material. Dates are a valued asset to the process.

What do you dislike?

The time span of switching between boards, sometimes it clears my entire screen and I have to go out of the program and then come back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend other businesses to use LeanKit by Planview, this is what's required for a paperless system and easy traceability.

The ability to have visually interactions with different area in the building along with our warehouse. Updates are seen within minutes.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Rob D.</span>
Rob D.

"Great for the price"

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop functionality of the cards. I like how tagging users works.

What do you dislike?

I hate that you can't attach a document in the description when creating a card.

We use LeanKit as a ticketing system for all of our Engineering tasks. We realize that it's simple enough to grasp that other teams outside of engineering can use it with ease.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Brian P.</span>
Brian P.

"Easy to use and great reporting features"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Self explanatory on most actions and create or linking cards. Freedom to setup the board as best fits your use.

What do you dislike?

Creating new lanes is a bit time consuming. It would be nice if you could copy over same swim lane titles from a past sprint, but not the cards, for new sprint planning.

New industrial gas turbine design and manufacturing

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Brian C.</span>
Brian C.

"Good Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

LeanKit allows you to easily track the projects you and your team are working on during a given time. The board allows you to assign tasks and filter by priority, which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The filters can get a little complex at times and you need to reset and start over. Also, when you are typing in cards there is sometimes trouble pasting text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn about all of the features, because there is a lot you can do with the program that I am still learning.

We are able to understand what everyone is working on at a given time and better prioritize based on bandwidth.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Internet

"Useful Kanban style tool -- lacks some user and assignment management functionality"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, filter/highlight system, easy to customize. generally lightweight and intuitive

What do you dislike?

Parts of the tool are too manual. Ex. A card type cannot be automatically assigned to a user so if a request or ticket is entered via card someone must manually select the person to assign to the task. It is time consuming, there should be an option to default assign based on ticket type and board.

This is just one example of where this tool falls short for ticketing processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your use case and needs. Less intuitive tools may help automate processes.

Analytics intake, product development

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>David P.</span>
David P.

"Fully functional and still simple"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and intuitive, and easy to discover and use without need for lots of documentation. It has all the features I want readily available, but isn't cluttered with stuff I don't use and/or find confusing.

What do you dislike?

I've only had a couple of issues. Updates to cards require an explicit 'save' in odd places, and creating new cards with sub-tasks is kind of clunky around that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick to defaults at first and don't go too far off the reservation with lanes.

LeanKit helps the team keep on top of all the various ongoing initiatives - progress, hold-ups, priorities, etc.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Jordan H.</span>
Jordan H.

"Great set of useful features. A few minor UX annoyances"

What do you like best?

The cards and tasking within. Tasks can be cards themselves and this proves to be very useful for items which may require large amounts of work to document. Especially when the documentation of these tasks was not anticipated

What do you dislike?

Dragging cards around can sometimes be clumsy. Re-ordering, etc. I find it odd while adding tasks to a card, there is a "Save & Add More" and "Edit Card" button, but not a "Save & Close".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean kit's filtering features are a very powerful tool. Rather than split up your teams across multiple boards, keep your lanes similar if possible and tag cards for different teams. This allows you to quickly view what other teams are working on, while allowing you still to filter and view your own teams work. The more transparency between developers the more effective you can be as a whole in my opinion.

Logging of work and making it easy to do so is the big plus.

Many tasks I work on day to day take very little time so spending any more time than a few seconds logging work I'm doing is not fun. Leankit has been fast and a great addition to my work flow.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Wilber C.</span>
Wilber C.

"LeanKit - Bringing clarity to the path ahead"

What do you like best?

LeanKit is a great tool when it comes to highlight on tasks laid across multiple functions, making it easy to take the needed actions to help achieve our collective goals

What do you dislike?

I would like the tickets assigned to me or other users to appear summarized. This is particularly important when working on multiple projects

Scheduling and working on different locations. Our R&D teams are spread across continents, this tool brings the team transparency and clarity on the tasks ahead

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Chris A.</span>
Chris A.

"Great, literal workflow representation mixing Post-it and Kanban-style."

What do you like best?

Its simple visual approach makes it much easier to understand at a glance than Jira or Monday, and much simpler for using in parallel as a support tool.

What do you dislike?

It has no time-line visualisation which would allow the team to see current workloads as part of assignment decision making.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system for a certain stage of your business, or for a certain set of tasks. We grew out of it after 2 years,

Keeping on top of development and support tasks. It's been a big step forward for us after abandoning the complexity of Jira and the unmanageable simplicity of Post-its stuck to a whiteboard.

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator

"Needs a little improvement but not bad"

What do you like best?

Cards can easily be moved between lanes and creating a functional board layout is easy

What do you dislike?

Can't save or create complex filters. Needs improvement to be able to change between different views more easily for larger teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We considered using JIRA and that may have worked a little better for what we needed at the time but we adapted well to the platform and it does most of what we needed it for

We needed a way to track our work across multiple teams to show back the amount of time our engineers were working on specific project tasks

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Seth T.</span>
Seth T.

"Story Tracker"

What do you like best?

I like the color coding of cards as well as the card overview. It's much clearer to follow a project or tasks.

What do you dislike?

The search feature seems really buggy and there is also no soft delete when a card's deleted. It's simply gone with no trace.

We are using it to track engineering tasks like chores, feature development, and bug fixes.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Rene R.</span>
Rene R.

"Leankit review"

What do you like best?

Leankit allows for individual of tracking and status updates by grouping and projects with high visibility.

What do you dislike?

Teams have not figured out how to assign actions to individuals. It would be beneficial to assign actions and have automatic reminders sent out for completion of action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Effective tool for organizing information and schedules.

Very helpful in schedule maintenance and project planning.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Sean S.</span>
Sean S.

"Streamlined Work Planning"

What do you like best?

Leankit helps make the process of dividing work among a team much easier. It's easy to be Lean/Agile when the repetitive parts of the process are handled so elegantly.

What do you dislike?

Cards will occasionally move back to a previous lane on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with the tool. It's a part of the Lean/Agile method, and Leankit's features are best learned by doing.

Dividing work among teams is much easier with an elegant Kanban tool like Leankit. It lets my team break large projects down into their components. We've been able to make each project move more smoothly

"I hate leankit"

What do you like best?

... not much. It has been a functional tool for our organization to plan and track work across multiple practice areas, but it's a hot mess.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface relies too heavily on a visual metaphor that's not actually useful (the "card" metaphor).

I find it difficult to view a simple list of my own tasks without scrolling around a huge board. Even filtering for my cards still leaves me scrolling a lot.

We're a 30-person web agency managing numerous client and internal projects. LeanKit helps us see what state our work is in.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Rod W.</span>
Rod W.

"Great tool if your process is flexible"

What do you like best?

Leankit is a very flexible tool that has great reporting.

What do you dislike?

It's not great for small teams that need a lot of flexibility. There isn't much training support. There is no daily task view to aggregate tasks across all boards.

Our business has a ton of moving parts and leankit is helping keep everything in one place visually.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"Leankit is amazing, best work flow program"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Leankit is the History function. You can go back and see every single modification made to each card. It eliminates the "he said, she said" between coworkers.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about Leankit is that the program has been glitching lately. Our company heavily relies on this work flow and we come to a halting stop when the program is not functioning properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a phone app. Leankit is hard to use on the go.

Leankits helps our business by giving our work flow structure.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Melissa P.</span>
Melissa P.

"Best Kanban Tool I've Found"

What do you like best?

LeanKit is super flexible, and my team works in a very unique way. We explored so many other tools and they didn't let us do WIP, Policy Statements, or divide up the columns and rows to meet our workflow. We can change up the flow to match exactly how our team works and it's been great for that.

What do you dislike?

It's been very hard to link cards together on the same board. We want to write epics with attached user stories, and then tasks. We keep track of them now by writing titles.

We have shifted from a waterfall fashion, to scrum mode, and now to a pull based model. Using LeanKit also helped us shape our product development focus better. We keep things flexible and respond to change better now.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup multiple templates for different types of projects. We have various implementation project types that we track. This gives us the ability to set default tasks on the projects and use for each of the implementations

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when transferring cards from one board to another, information such as tags, headings, etc are not transferred.

Leankit has made it easier to get a quick snapshot of the status of all ongoing projects. This has enabled us to track when projects are completed and due to be billed more efficiently.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Computer Software

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

LeanKit allows you to select colours for specific 'cards - making it extremely easy to sort and identify the type of work being done by the team.

Having a visual landscape to determine who's working on what, and what needs to get done for the week is extremely helpful.

It's also a wonderful feeling putting all your hard work into the 'Done' lane!

What do you dislike?

LeanKit recently launched a new update. One of the things they got rid of was the ability to quickly add 'sub-task cards' within a card; so, now you have to save the card and then open a new one.

I don't find the reporting particularly useful.

Previously, you were able to create notes that accompanied an uploaded document. LeanKit recently removed this feature. I found it useful, especially if you are uploading multiple images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LeanKit is an excellent tool to use when you have large (or small) teams that wish to visually lay out their work while remaining transparent with other team members.

Our team was looking for a way to be transparent with everyone on the team (from associate to c level).

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator

"ok for what it is, but there are better options available."

What do you like best?

the ios app is actually done very well, and has more features than the web portal

What do you dislike?

web portal has less features than ios, and is lacking in features that other options have

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's ok for what it is, but you may want to also check out other options if you are trying to use it as a ticketing system, or at least make sure you check out the ios app

tried solving organizational issues for sales and support, and it has not worked as well as we had hoped.

LeanKit by Planview review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"OBS IT processes made AGILE using Kanban board"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating the boards with different layouts.

The possibility of several people to view and to participate.

Reporting features are well advanced as it allows to judge the efficiency of the process.

Ability to set work load limits is also a very powerful way to help balance the workload and see how we are doing.

What do you dislike?

Lack of option to store documents, we have to use another tool to store documents. This stops us from adopting LeanKit as the single tool to be used for CAB purposes

We are logging, tracking and prioritizing all the IT related requests and issues using LeanKit by Planview.

We have been able to make our processes smooth and efficient. We are able to deliver more to our stakeholders.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Leankit Review"

What do you like best?

Leankit seems to have features you would expect out of a kanban board, and it is easy to collaborate among co workers. I'd prefer if it had a slightly nicer UI, though.

What do you dislike?

Leankit definitely needs to add a lot of features in terms of collaboration, maybe as well as built in templates for different styles of boards. It is a really nice tool overall though.

We are collaborating better as a team with leankit and making sure we stay on track with our day to day issues.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"LeanKit definitely helped my team break down a complex project into manageable tasks"

What do you like best?

LeanKit became almost intuitive after creating just a few cards, assigning skill sets, and arranging the cards in priority per skill set. We could select tasks for two-week sprints which gave the team members a sense of confidence that their work scope was realistic and focused.

What do you dislike?

The diagnostics take some time to learn and understand, but this is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See above for my experience with LeanKit

Breaking down complex projects into manageable groups of tasks, sequenced to allow work in parallel by separate teams.

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Crashes and company does not offer refund"

What do you like best?

This would be useful, if it was stable. Unfortunately, it was frequently unusable and we were frequently unable to save updates.

What do you dislike?

Frequently crashes, terrible customer service. Once free trial ended, data and functionality were withdrawn which inconvenienced us and made it unsuitable for our needs.

Leankit has a potentially illegal attitude to refunds in the UK and slow customer service. Avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't

None, it was too unstable to be much use. Features on less than gold standard are not adequate for the tasks we needed.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Eric L.</span>
Eric L.

"LeanKit has been one of the best new tools brought into our organizaiton."

What do you like best?

LeanKit is an excellent tool to help me get up to speed with where my team is with their work - what's been done, what needs to get done, and what's in the way.

What do you dislike?

The basic reporting could be a bit more robust. Also, integration with Outlook Calendar to set reminders would be great.

Project Management - visualization of where different projects stand.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Katie B.</span>
Katie B.

"LeanKit has helped me manage my work flow better."

What do you like best?

I love that LeanKit provides a visual work flow. It is easy for me to put every single task on my board, organized in a way that visually makes sense for me. Because my team and I can comment back and forth on particular tasks, it is easy to keep all of the information for each project housed within one card. I don't have to search back through my emails to find instructions because as soon as I have notes, details or attachments that are focused around one project, I immediately add it to that card. I love how easy it is to see what stage of work each of my projects is in. I can focus solely on the items in my Doing Now column, without stressing out over all of my other cards because I know those other cards are either finished, in review or not ready to be started yet. My team loves LeanKit and in fact, we have shown it to many clients and tried convincing many people to purchase it for themselves and their teams!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't see notifications while on LeanKit when someone comments or adds an attachment to your card. I like working solely from my board but if my eyes are not on the screen to see when the brief notification pops up in the corner to indicate a comment has been made, I miss it. Then I have to go to my email to see what I missed. It would be great if there was a news feed type of thing within a board that shows the notifications you missed. Also, I don't like that swiping to the side takes me back a page. The way board is formatted, and because I have so much content on it, I have to slide side to side to see everything I want to see but the swipe switches my screen. I also wish there was a way to have an editable doc within a card. For now, I write content (such as a blog), attached it to my 'blog' card, my boss opens the attachment, edits it and then reattaches his edited document to the card. I wish we could collaborate on documents within LK in an easy way. One final thing-when you click on a card and it shows that initial Details box you can type in, I wish you could maximize that typing field so you could see everything you typed. I know you can print it out but I like adding content in the Details, while viewing everything else I've already typed.

We are trying to track the work flow of our teams projects in a visual way. As a team, we can collaborate easier than going by someones desk or interrupting their work to ask a question. The board is an easy visual representation of our projects and we can manage our work easier because of it.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Marcio P.</span>
Marcio P.

"Leankit used on IT Demand & Activities Control"

What do you like best?

Interesting tool with fast implementation and easy to use. You can do it by yourself and there are many documents and vídeos to support you in designing and implementing new charts. Also there are many templates that you can use as a model and speed up the creation process.

What do you dislike?

One improvement that can be done in future releases is the ability to print the complete chart with backlog and Archive details. Also in terms of reporting features it could be more developed to give us more visibility in terms of resources used and prioritization. Also it could be improved in terms of reporting and cockpit creation to control the processes of our charts. Maybe also in this specific topic (Reporting and Control) generate a more detailed documentation and vídeos, so the user can implement it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s important to try it first and then you realized the opportunities to use it for Controlling your processes.

Control the IT Demands and Routine Tasks processes. Now we can observe in one chart all the demands by department and plan our activities better. We are now designing new charts to support other IT processes and once is implemented it will be presented to the Company Board with the results to evaluate the roll-out for other departments so we can use it also in cross-functional processes and contribute to collaboration between departments. In the future also to review and improve some processes could be done as a natural evolution

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"Project Visibility"

What do you like best?

Color-coded cards for users and for task types - allows for ease of use and recognition of workflow quickly on a lot of different project types and teams. Filtering allows you to view your specific tasks or specific type of tasks.

What do you dislike?

Can be clunky when crowded with several tasks. Keeping the page open requires occasional refresh to ensure card placement is up to date across all users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a naming structure for card types and users before deploying. This allows for ease of use, updating and digesting information.

Larger team visibility into projects in the pipeline and projects in process. Creates an efficiency for users who are no longer interrupted by project managers to find out workload or project status.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Tony S.</span>
Tony S.

"Exactly what I was looking for!"

What do you like best?

What I like best:

-Ease of use

-Mobile app allows for much more flexibility

-Archiving function works well and is critical to long-term value of any kanban board

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike! With several levels of service, you can pay for exactly what you need and always upgrade later if you change you mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using a physical board for at least a few months before deciding to go electronic. I think it's important to use a physical board first in order to ingrain the habit and realize the benefits of kanban.

I've been a physical kanban board user for about a year and a half, and I finally decided to make the switch to an electronic board for several reasons. I'm currently managing my job search as well as personal and household tasks with my board, and I couldn't be happier with how easy LeanKit is to use. Once my job search is over, I'll start using it at my new job as well.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>flavien B.</span>
flavien B.

"AGile Run The bank ( maintain the ptroduction)"

What do you like best?

The tool replace the board and we can used this if we work at home

What do you dislike?

The link between card are not so clear .

Before we worked only with support team and now when we have a global view to resolved ticket or for the technical migration

LeanKit by Planview review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"LeanKit Review"

What do you like best?

Great for visual management and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

API is very flaky and intermittent. In order to use LK for reporting, access to the backing data is required. It does have some reports but not very customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for smaller processes and for visual management. Needs some work with access to backing data and reporting API.

Very quick and easy overview of "where things are at" with our plant. Managers can quickly "at a glance" see where the load is in the process.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Matt B.</span>
Matt B.

"Easy to use visual job board"

What do you like best?

We have found this tool to be easy to use and incorporate into our existing system.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app takes operators much more time to find and locate jobs in the system.

We had a hard time locating specific types of work in our backlog. With LeanKit, we are now able to load, track and finish work with more accuracy and have improved our on time deliveries.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Nitin P.</span>
Nitin P.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

Its feels very smooth to work with leankit, very user friendly and having ample options, flexible and agile.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it take time to load the leankit.

We can keep a good track of project, raise a critical issue and assign them to right person.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Marshall S.</span>
Marshall S.

"LeanKit Review in Process Improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is extremely easy to use and also the ability to create various types of boards based on your needs. This has enabled us to use LeanKit across several departments.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is no time feature. Some tasks have an SLA attached to them stating that they will be completed within a certain amount of hours. When creating the Planned Start Date and End Date there is no functionality to add the Time. Only the Date. This is one drawback.

The second drawback is that there is no functionality to add some sort of Percentage completed. For instance there could be an In Progress Lane. But there is no way to update the card showing that the task is 50% complete etc. If this could be added it will be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

When ordering products cross-border there was no visibility as to the status of product ordered. Having LeanKit and using a customised board, the internal customers can see what the status of their orders are.

LeanKit by Planview review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Great tool for keeping my team organized and focused on priorities. "

What do you like best?

Leankit keeps my team organized and focused on our priorities. It's easy to see where items stand -- what's waiting on me for approval, where my team has questions, what hasn't been started yet, etc. It has cut down on email significantly and all of our conversations about a task are attached to the task's card so it's easy to look back at discussions and decisions. I also like the fact that when we go to do annual reviews at the end of the year, I can open up the archive file and see everything we worked on over the course of the year.

What do you dislike?

I would love for the tasks, most recent comments and attachments to be visible immediately upon opening the card, rather than looking down the left side list to see if any exist and then clicking into each individual list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the company's offer to help you setup your board initially. The setup was a little difficult from my perspective, but the implementation specialist that helped me was great.

The business problems that Leankit solves for us is task prioritization. It helps us ensure that tasks don't get lost in email. We can easily see where we're waiting on people outside our team for feedback and it serves as a reminder to follow up.

LeanKit by Planview review by Consultant

"Observations and recommendations for Leant"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily organize al the team work in one place and let bosses to know how the team work is going. I like it to be very intuitive and not difficult to use, you can adapt to the commands and configurations easily.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is poorly developed, it still needs to be optimized for mobile devices. It'd be nice to have live notifications in this app and have more interaction with web Leankit. It'd be nice to have quick notifications in every card, so the person assigned to a task can easily tell the boss what work is been developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to start organizing their own work in order to understand the further organization of the team. I recommend to use this tool as an everyday help and consider to manage most of the work done in your business.

The lack of organization, some communication difficulties, we're using Leankit instead of using a board for writing everyone's tasks.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"This program is Amazingly simple!"

What do you like best?

You can communicate within the program with the team at anytime

You are able to assign user to your project

You spent time collaborating as a team, as this is vital for any marketing department

You are committed as a team to a set of projects within a 10 days time frame.

You have a mobile feature and let's you work from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I am yet to find something that I don't like about this program. Those some might say the meeting are too many and too long. But for me, I think if anything I would say the amount of time it takes the team to get use to being accountable to one's pair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, because it is much simple to use than MS Project. and meets the need of the marketing department.

It is user friendly to those who are not into managing project for IT software development.

How to work more efficiently and cohesively as a team on a specific project.

The benefit is a reduction in the time spent on one off projects by the team.

We can obtain overall the departmental and company wide goals since there is teamwork involved.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Team Networking Application!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to keep up with projects that are in progress that involve the input of multiple people.

What do you dislike?

When you're in a hurry during a meeting looking at Leankit, it is sometimes burdensome to remember to save then close. Sometimes we forget and lose our work. Filters can be a little tricky as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use Leankit, commit to using it for all aspects of group work. If you are still implementing other systems to keep up with projects, you are not committing. The best way to use it is to put all group tasks or tasks that the group cares about onto your Leankit board. Even if you think you can do a task without the help of Leankit, others may want to see its progress.

It was hard for us to complete tasks that involved multiple people without scheduling specific meetings for them. Now, we have quick 15-30 minute meetings using the Leankit board as a guide. We will mark things as important and filter only by those items.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Randy J.</span>
Randy J.

"LeanKit Overview"

What do you like best?

the flexibility to create many boards based on the needs of the project

What do you dislike?

I wish you could filter the items to the only ones that are assigned to you so you done have to see all the other items going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great way to track projects and to move from one stage to another.

We use it to track out project from when they are first accepts to the final billing of the client. Easy was to organize your projects.

LeanKit by Planview review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Love Lean Kit"

What do you like best?

It's really great for managing multiple streams of work and prioritizing frequently which provides a flexible structure for focused effort. I initially was introduced to this system in an Agile effort (perfect fit), but find it helps me manage my personal multiple (up to 10) projects and tasks on a daily and weekly basis. I also like that I can access from my mobile device. Creating cards is easy, and love the configurability of the board.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey. I'll need to assess the value vs the cost after the first year. I've run into a couple of snags (deleting a card accidently, and not being able to retrieve).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the 30 day trial a try!

Managing multiple projects and prioritizing daily tasks. Not having to re-write my to-do list every time something changes. It's given me peace of mind that I am on-track, and making progress.

LeanKit by Planview review by Consultant

"Not a fan with so many better alternatives"

What do you like best?

Very little. Leankit is a poor implementation of software. It's a very basic "cards on a board" approach to project management. Might work well for a tiny project, but for large scale it's not appropriate.

What do you dislike?

The over design of the board columns with groupings. It doesn't help and basically makes everything management overkill. There is no way to do "portfolio" long term planning and management. When looking at a parent card that has numerous child cards, you cant even see the child card at all which is pointless. After contacting them about this, they never wrote back. Worthless customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Atlassian Suite of products. (JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence)

Agile process management & portfolio management for software design.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Francois M.</span>
Francois M.

"Good kanban option with great flexibility and clear simple interface"

What do you like best?

Easy viewing of cards. Not overloaded with too much information. Simple edit mode with tabs. Priority, blocked, custom icons. WIP limits are obvious and visual.

New board editor is a big improvement.

Quick switcher works well.

What do you dislike?

Connected cards are not obvious or easy to use (standard plan).

Email notifications are brutal (no styling, hard to read).

No concept of Client or Project. (we use Card types)

Better coordination of projects as a team and focus on finishing work.

LeanKit by Planview review by User

"LeanKit is so easy, your grandparents can use it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the user interface is what I like best

What do you dislike?

Not many dislikes I can think of other than sometimes the screen can get a bit crowded. Although on the flip side, it is quite easy to uncrowd the screen

We are solving problems such as lack of transparency of project status by stakeholders, we are solving problems such as how do we organize our work to maximize productivity and how can be collaborate more effectively

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Robin B.</span>
Robin B.

"Using LeanKit in and Educational Technology and Course Development Center"

What do you like best?

The best feature of LeanKit is the visual display of progress. As a designer, I look for visual cues first and am able to quickly see where a project is by looking at our boards.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create a set of cards on the description area that would be the "definition of done".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I woukld recommend LeanKit to those looking for a project process tool that is visual, easy to use and quick to implement.

We recently started using LeanKit as part of our course development and educational technology center. Specifically, we are using the tool for Instructional Design, Special projects and overall organization projects. We are now able to see projects that our team is working on. Previous to LeanKit we relied on verbal or email communication and we were not always able to keep up with projects in progress.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Marc B.</span>
Marc B.

"The perfect tool!"

What do you like best?

It's the perfect tool to manage all kinds of task-boards. The flexibility in creating highly customized boards is amazing. I work with customized task types for all of my boards. Collaborating with my teams and customers is really easy as you have a very comfortable way of user license management. LeanKit really is my major tool to manage all my private and business tasks.

What do you dislike?

There's just one feature missing: a combined view of the tasks in the "in progress" lane of all my boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want to work seriously with Kanban boards, Scrum boards or any other kind of task board you have to give LeanKit a try.

I manage everything with it. From personal Kanban, agile task boards, up to corporate portfolio management. It just works.

LeanKit by Planview review by <span>Girish D.</span>
Girish D.

"Lean Kit Review"

What do you like best?

Leankit is very user friendly and easy to adopt and use.

What do you dislike?

Cards indications are a bit complicated and need to be streamlined

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for Kanban. Can be useful for Scrum too.

Streamlining Kanban roll over in Operations and support

Learn more about LeanKit by Planview

LeanKit by Planview Videos

Learning about LeanKit by Planview?

* We monitor all LeanKit by Planview reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare LeanKit by Planview to Similar Solutions