LearnDash

LearnDash provides a WordPress LMS designed to bring learning management and elearning delivery to the WordPress open-source platform.

Work for LearnDash?

Showing 20 LearnDash reviews
LearnDash review by <span>Joshua B.</span>
Joshua B.

Great Foundation for a In House LMS

What do you like best?

Easy installation, amazing support, and great feature updates that happen on a regular base. LearnDash isn't only in the plugin business, but as an organization, they care about online learning, and that shows in their product roadmap, which is an amalgamation of user input and industry trends.

What do you dislike?

Lack of learning pathways. Right now, in order to achieve that functionality, I have to make 1 course with many modules/lessons. This messes up reporting as I no longer can easily factor those as completed courses since the courses are lessons. Also, scheduling reporting or background report generation. The raw report output is fantastic (and customizeable), so in conjunction with something like Tableau or Google Data Studio, I have all my reporting needs covered, it just takes far too long for the export to run.

Creating an external facing LMS. Off the shelf corporate LMS were designed for internal customers, so being able to build an LMS that is unified with an organizations website is huge for the user.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LearnDash
LearnDash review by <span>Steven J.</span>
Steven J.

Very feature rich and well developed Learning Management System

What do you like best?

Out-of-the box this ships with more features than any other similar system, specifically advanced quiz types with question types for most situations; certificates, automatic grading. Reporting can be enhanced via their compatible ProPanel plug-in. Support response within 24 hours and then happy to respond when requesting status updates for bug fixes; friendly support team.

What do you dislike?

Group Leaders do not have user role management capabilities and group sorting, as well as a few other restrictions. Has to be achieved via User Role Editor plug-in which in turn has to be managed with Adminimize to restrict access to the CMS (using with WordPress). No approx. ETA's on bug fixes. Unable to allocate Groups at WordPress user registration level. Feels like a few too many steps between selecting a course and beginning the associated quiz.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare quiz features with other similar products; compare reporting with other system to see if this matches your requirements. Check compatibility with your CMS theme. Add additional time into your development and build to cover any unexpected issues when testing the system, and fully test.

Transforms a system like WordPress into a learning management gateway, handled by the plug-in. Enhances a content management website, adding value to an already impressive content management system. The combination of systems is practically seamless.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

LearnDash review by <span>Joe C.</span>
Joe C.

LearnDash does exactly what I need it to do, and more

What do you like best?

What do I like best? The team - they are in-tune with the LMS landscape and are constantly improving already great software. I've set up lots of courses on it, and I love the ability to make them modular, help guide my students through the course, and much more. Their widgets and shortcodes have been a life-saver as far as adding course information to custom areas of my website.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting - I use ProPanel and that's fantastic, but there's always more that can be added to give me a better overview of how my students are doing, where they get stuck, and how I can help. They just rolled out Frontend Reporting which is a huge step forward. I'm looking forward to more reporting in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Checkout the Support area. There are some great video tutorials :-)

I create online courses, and wanted to control the whole experience on my own platform, instead of using a platform like Teachable. LearnDash allows me to do something completely custom on top of WordPress, as well as integrate with WooCommerce so I can sell more than courses.

LearnDash review by <span>Brian H.</span>
Brian H.

LearnDash made launching a course easy

What do you like best?

One of the best things about LearnDash is how easy it is to start adding in your content. Yet it has all the options nicely laid out to configure the course just the way I wanted! Their support was also top notch to give help on their core features and direction on any customizations I wanted to add in.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm in Canada, I wasn't able to use the LearnDash payment integrations (PayPal or Stripe) due to our tax requirements. But thankfully they have a great integration with Easy Digital Downloads which made it easy to set all that up.

I was looking for a simple yet powerful system to create my first self-hosted, paid online course. A lot of systems force you to do things exactly their way, whereas LearnDash let's you use (or not use) the features depending on your needs.

Using LearnDash I was able to focus on the content, and have since launched the course and students are happy with the ease of use and navigation structure of the platform.

LearnDash review by <span>Brad C.</span>
Brad C.

Perfect for those new to E-learning

What do you like best?

Very simple structure and straightforward to use. Their support is excellent and they offer video tutorials which I would say are a MUST if you are new to LearnDash. They respect your time and get you on your way knowing what you are doing.

What do you dislike?

Many features are through partnerships with third party addons that you have to pay extra for. Considering the price, I don't mind paying for things like a visual customizer but I wish more was offered within the core product and they just cahrged mroe for it. That way troubleshooting and support would be simpler (but LearnDash support is excellent)

Used to educate the engineering design community across Canada.

LearnDash review by <span>Zac G.</span>
Zac G.

We use LearnDash for a Range of Projects!

What do you like best?

One of our favorite things about LearnDash is how powerful it is. It is also very flexible. We have used for a range of many different types of projects - from small free courses to large master courses.

What do you dislike?

LearnDash does currently require you to integrate with something like BadgeOS for doing badges and further gamification. It is not hard to set this up, but would be nice to have this feature built in by default. They're reporting is solid but we are always looking for deeper details on student performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot go wrong with LearnDash. The few things it does not do out of the box has been quite possible through existing plugins. With each new course we evaluate our options and keep coming back to LearnDash again and again.

Mostly being able to provide online education is the goal. The benefit of LearnDash is it gives us great functionality and a decent look for Students right out of the box.

Learning about LearnDash?

* We monitor all LearnDash reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.