What do you like best?
The things I appreciate most about LearnUpon are:
* it is simple to set up and the administration is quite easy and straightforward;
* UI looks really good and it is easy to navigate as a user;
* it has the basic features you would need for a simple LMS - for example, if it is the first LMS you are implementing in the organisation, you can easily show the benefits of having an LMS to your stakeholders without cutting a chunk out of your budget;
* the best thing about LearnUpon is customer service - they are quick to respond and very friendly!
What do you dislike?
Areas of improvement:
* quite limited customisation (you can change colours and branding of your LMS but other features are quite set;
* It might be more suitable for smaller organisations where not a lot of courses are running (admin becomes quite burdensome scaling up);
* reporting is also quite simplistic, so you would not get charts, graphs or anything visual to take with you to a meeting;
* it is basically just for tracking learning, course authoring and hosting e-learning content - you will not find more sophisticated features, such as integrated performance management, competency frameworks, etc.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
The main problem we had was the visibility of all training/learning activities to users (employees in different offices, geographical locations, etc.) The LMS made the admin of all training much easier, as now we can share resources, track training, report, etc. all in one place. LearnUpon was a good place to start as we did not have the LMS before or human resource to implement a complicated LMS solution.