LearnVest

3.7

LearnVest is a program for your money. LearnVests mission is to make financial planning affordable, accessible, and even delightful.

Work for LearnVest?

Learning about LearnVest?

LearnVest Reviews

Showing 10 LearnVest reviews
LearnVest review by James H.
James H.

"Consumed by the Giant"

What do you like best?

LearnVest was a great startup and they had something good going for them. They had FP understanding that some may think that Northwestern Mutual lacked, hence the acquisition in 2015. It was only a time game before LearnVest was to be shutdown.

What do you dislike?

A lacking of commitment to initial objectives and goals. LearnVest was created by a dream, only to be bought out by Northwestern Mutual. The clients and investors of LearnVest lost out on this deal.

Solving no problems since LearnVest is no longer a business, they have been merged into the Northwestern Mutual umbrella. Northwestern Mutual has a lot of experience and had great ratings coupled with excellent growth.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LearnVest
LearnVest review by User in Financial Services

"Practical Advice Without Jargon"

What do you like best?

I like having tailored solutions for my personal savings goals. I really enjoy the "Must Reads" feature. You can get started for free without any catch! The newsletter is full of helpful, practical tips. The "Knowledge Center" and Finance 101 is awesome free content and it's great to share the helpful pieces of information with my network.

The dashboard and goals make it very easy to track spending. Previously I just used an Excel spreadsheet. It was a great start, but this is much more visual and helpful to see trends more quickly.

The grocery budgeting section is full of new, original ideas and is not recycled content that you find on many other sites. I also think their review of when to use a travel agent is spot on. It can be hard to determine when services are worth the spend if you are trying to save money. This breakdown of when it makes send to hire a professional is very well done.

What do you dislike?

I think the setup fee could be lower. While it's a one time cost, it's a bit steep for trying to save money.

I use LearnVest to build my knowledge regarding financial well-being. I am specifically interested in saving for retirement.

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

LearnVest review by Vanshaj B.
Vanshaj B.

"Learnvest experience"

What do you like best?

I like the availability of different tools and services

What do you dislike?

I'm an android phone user and there's no android app available. There's an iOS app available though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LearnVest’s goal is to help anyone (especially young people) receive trustworthy financial planning services online without paying an arm and a leg. It is an inexpensive substitute for a fee-based financial planner. Customer support is quick and responsive. Some of the cons I felt: it doesn’t track your income and expenses, can’t pay your bills with the app, pricey compared to other apps, no credit score information and no face time with financial advisors.

Ability to do budgeting and consolidating

LearnVest review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great investment to help with goal setting and financial planning"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. Instead of always looking at things big picture it broke everything down day by day and week by week. I know our weekly spending allowance/expense budget is X and that's easy to keep my head around

What do you dislike?

It can be very time consuming and I felt like I had a lot of homework to prepare to best use the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it the time up front that's required and they create such a simple organized plan for you to follow!

Controlling expenses and creating budgeting systems to ensure we're working smart with company resources

LearnVest review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Great for Synchronizing "

What do you like best?

Great for Synchronizing and helping to create a financial plan. The program is incredibly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I felt like they could offer more around investing

Helps show an easy snapshot of your own or a business' finances. This helps me understand spending power and the importance of budgetingx

LearnVest review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"I know this is good"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to use and gives you tools to use beyond just the program.

What do you dislike?

There was not anything I did not like.

I have been able to sort out my businesses tax and other funds to separate out.

LearnVest review by User in Internet

"Perfect for individual and family budgeting"

What do you like best?

The ability to edit and split payments into different categories is awesome. I also like the aesthetics of the website in general, it is pleasant to work in.

What do you dislike?

There is no android application and it is not mobile or tablet friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you tell your bank if you are using it, because it sometimes locks me out. While this is not usually considered a business software, I think if you are a small business owner it works fine.

Budgeting for business reasons but I also use it personally for my family finances.

LearnVest review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Learnvest software"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Learvest and it has great articles and advice for personal finance and investing. The site is very easy to use and very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It has some great info but has a lot on budgeting. I wish they would branch out more on topics in the knowledge center.

Financial Planning for retirement.

LearnVest review by User in Financial Services

"Ok to use "

What do you like best?

This was offered as a supplemental tool through my employer. It worked decently.

What do you dislike?

The product is disbanding. Received an email that it is no longer available

Financial planning, a good resource to budgeting, a great financial outlook

LearnVest review by Agency in Financial Services
Agency in Financial Services

"Great software for personal finance planning "

What do you like best?

The design is clean and functional, it serves its purpose well

What do you dislike?

Sometimes confusing, design can be a bit distracting

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reformatting the design for continued growth!

A detailed financial plan, easy access to a financial planner.

Learning about LearnVest?

* We monitor all LearnVest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.