Lectora Publisher

Get the job done right! Lectora Publisher is all about ease and speed. The intuitive interface and easy-to-use tools allow you to create good-looking e-Learning in less time.

Work for Lectora Publisher?
Knovio 2x

Learning about Lectora Publisher?

Lectora Publisher Reviews

Ask Lectora Publisher a Question
Showing 14 Lectora Publisher reviews
Lectora Publisher review by <span>Blair P.</span>
Blair P.

Lectora Publisher

What do you like best?

Publisher handles variables best of any software, plus it easily gives you access to the LMS API variables to customize the course to the learner.

Using inheriting properties makes it easy to determine what objects appear on every page, or limit to certain pages.

What do you dislike?

If you want to do complex branching it can get very difficult to see where the branches go as the course outline is displayed in a linear fashion (think powerpoint for example).

States of buttons are very limited.

Cannot build layered pages, making it difficult for multiple things to appear on a page (think tabbed interaction for example)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lectora Publisher can be a steep learning curve. It is less intuitive than other software, but once you get used to it the features can help create powerful courses.

We use Lectora Publisher to move previous classroom based courses into elearning. This allows us to reduce costs and improve the time to proficiency of our team members.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lectora Publisher
Lectora Publisher review by <span>Brian H.</span>
Brian H.

Lectora Publisher does it all!

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility Publisher provides. It can help you produce anything from a simple course with ease but has the POWER to create complex courses with conditional navigation based on any variable. It's very easy to learn how to use as well.

The Reviewlink tool is also very helpful. Being able to publish a course for SMEs to review and provide feedback is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, troubleshooting why something is not functioning as expected can get a little tricky. On a few occasions, actions tested ok in the tool and review link, but worked differently once published.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time in researching other choices. It doesn't get any better than Lectora. Out of the box, you can turn out quality courses and you can build on your skill set an knowledge as you go.

We're able to create custom eLearning for all employees. Being able to create one course that provides different content to users based on their location has been very helpful.

What Course Authoring solution do you use?

Lectora Publisher review by User in Hospital & Health Care

Lectora Publisher - good product

What do you like best?

This product is so easy to use. Very intuitive and so flexible to fit all of our needs! The ability to quickly capture snips of the actual system that we were training on was so helpful. Then we were quickly able to incorporate them.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that I'm not happy with!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial version first and test out the software. We were very impressed.

This product helped my company create the most interactive training products for our colleagues. The speed in which we can create a desktop learning aid and then convert it to a mobile product has been invaluable. I've use other similar products and this product cut our time in half.

Lectora Publisher review by <span>Julie Z.</span>
Julie Z.

Lectora hits it out of the park again

What do you like best?

I have been using Lectora since 2007 and each evolution is just better and better. This has every bell and whistle possible and has twice been associated with awards for innovation in training. In Truth nothing compares to it. I was able to make the testing adaptive to the learner very much in the same spirit of the GRE. The questions would get harder based on response of the student. That took some cleaver patchwork but to the user it worked as needed.

What do you dislike?

Cost. Lectora is the best and it costs the most hands down. I wish I could have a private license but I like my limbs still attached. There is a bit of a learning curve with each evolution but that is to be expected with software, I like that even when I took two years away from the platform I was able to get back into it without much of a struggle or downed productive time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I say I don't know because I am not behind the curtain however, it works great for me and my team!

I have been developing online training for 12 years. This is my favorite tool to use. It allows for the highest level of interactivity of any online training. I avoid click exercises like the plague. I wish it was a little more flexible and could work on iphones and what not but truth be told why are people taking training on their phone is beyond me other than it is always with them so when someone is bored in line waiting for the bathroom they could look at their training I guess. Currently in my workplace we are starting up using it again after a painful romance with Camptasia...I compair Camptasia to lectora as one might a Ford Edsel to a Tesla Model X. There is just no comparison. Lectora in the hands of a skilled instructional designer is the best money any training department could spend.

Lectora Publisher review by <span>Megan M.</span>
Megan M.

Lectora: A mixture of tools

What do you like best?

I find the interface for lectora very easy to use. The tree view is easy to move stuff aorund in, multi-select slides and sections etc...

I like that you can do more with it than tools like kenexa (outstart) in terms of playing with variables to control different things. While easy to use, you do need the background knowledge though.

You can build your own GUI in lectora by inheriting items onto each page. It's sort of an all-in-one tool in that regard.

Lectora supports xAPI (as much as any tool currently can - which is a little bit more than not supporting it).

What do you dislike?

Lectora seems like it should be able to do more than it does as in terms of interactivity/flexibility it doesn't quite give you the same freedom as tools like Captivate. It's relatively bug free but there are some bigger problems (i.e. your files can just stop working - uh oh). There are also a lot of folders and files for storing your published lessons, and you need to carefully maintain the package so as not to mess anything up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Save copies of earlier versions of lessons in case something does go wrong. It does not happen often but it can happen.

Keep an eye on the newest features in future releases as I suspect Lectora will keep making improvements.

Lectora was used to explore xAPI and because it acted as an all-in-one solution.

Lectora Publisher review by <span>David Maddocks P.</span>
David Maddocks P.

Happy with Lectora Publisher

What do you like best?

Lectora Publisher is a great rapid eLearning authoring tool. I found it very intuitive, so intuitive that I taught myself how to use it. When I got stuck, there were plenty of online videos to help me out.

One of the best features is the ability to build sophisticated branching scenarios by using variables. Variables can be used to control navigation, feedback, and even coaching scenarios.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of small items that could be improved. For instance, I wish the zoom features were a little more flexible.

It would be great if there were more options for bullets and the software had more capabilities to modify jpegs, gifs, and vectors.

I have found that most limitations in this program, which tend to be small, have a workaround solution.

The key benefits of eLearning are effectiveness and efficiency. Studies have shown eLearning produces better learning outcomes than classroom for new tasks and it does this at a much lower cost. Plus, the technology is the most cost effective method of interrupting the forgetting curve with spaced retrieval. Publisher accomplishes all of these through online and mobile applications. And you don't have to know flash or html to create high quality training.

Learning about Lectora Publisher?

* We monitor all Lectora Publisher reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.