LegalZoom

3.3

Legal help is here - Tools and resources for families, entrepreneurs, and small businesses

Work for LegalZoom?

Learning about LegalZoom?

LegalZoom Reviews

Showing 5 LegalZoom reviews
LegalZoom review by Ashley H.
Ashley H.

"Good form, but no substitute for legal advice "

What do you like best?

Printable/fillable forms that work very well. The "help" explanations are also very helpful for those not familiar with the legal system, though it troubles me a bit because it could be construed (in some circumstances) to be akin to legal advice.

What do you dislike?

That you have to pay for the forms that are otherwise typically available at no charge through the judiciary website. I also worry with sites like this that it creates false hope and expectations for people when they read something online and the judicial system does't function as described or intended- a common theme in courts across the country. I know there are disclaimers and such, but having a video to really emphasize that courts have particular rules and practices and such would make the point more clear for those who aren't familiar with the functioning (or dysfunction!) of the legal system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to verify the forms meet your needs for your particular state- there may have been updates to the rules, requirements, or forms

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LegalZoom
LegalZoom review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Awful Service, Dishonest people"

What do you like best?

Nice hold music (we've listened to it a lot), some service reps seemed genuinely apologetic for the awful service they were forced to give us

What do you dislike?

Everything else!

They were dishonest about phone calls they said they'd made, each person we speak to contradicts the last. They're clearly trying to squeeze more and more money out of us.

We've spent over $1500 with them since last June just trying to dissolve one company, this is still not complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go elseware.

What Business Filing and Licensing solution do you use?

LegalZoom review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Initial setup is fast but could use some tech upgrades"

What do you like best?

I liked that they have good hours available for contacting a customer service specialist. And they are all based in the U.S. and are friendly

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that the dashboard doesn't have the paper documents they sent me - what kind of platform doesn't upload to the cloud?!

To make matters worse, when you sign up to receive specials from their partners you are inundated and flooded with calls, emails persistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be warned that if you sign up, you will get flooded with calls from tax accountants, compliance and more who want your business.

LegalZoom review by Scott I.
Scott I.

"Nonprofit 501c3 Registration"

What do you like best?

It is convenient and straight forward. Prices are clear and up front as well. It really simplified my needs when I didn't know where to start.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I disliked anything in what I have used them with so far.

LegalZoom review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"legal docs in a snap "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit the form to each persons need or contractual basis

What do you dislike?

n/a There is nothing I disliked about this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend legal zoom to anyone needing documents in a hurry, but do consult with business partner, mentor or contract attorney before fuly enforcing

Learning about LegalZoom?

* We monitor all LegalZoom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.