Leiningen

5.0

Leiningen is the easiest way to use Clojure. With a focus on project automation and declarative configuration, it gets out of your way and lets you focus on your code.

Work for Leiningen?

Learning about Leiningen?

Leiningen Reviews

Showing 2 Leiningen reviews
Leiningen review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"A great build tool for Clojure"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration with plugins are some of my favorite parts of leiningen. I also found the documentation to be very good. Whether writing a simple clojure library, commandline tool, or web service, leiningen's support for templating those projects and building them was superb. Highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clojure-centric. While I wish all dev projects that I supported were done in clojure, many of them use different languages. I wish I could use leiningen for everything because it's much more user friendly than maven/ant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get involved with the support community, they're great.

Creating/building small, single-purpose applications in clojure. Leiningen makes it easy to manage dependencies, setup and build projects. It also integrates with tools like immutant (to host clojure web apps).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Leiningen
Leiningen review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome quick tool for everything clojure development"

What do you like best?

easy package and dependency management. Repl and everything I need to use to work wth Clojure.

What do you dislike?

Slow startup. Since it has to connect to a jvm. So besides starting up it alo has to load its plugins. Its not the slowest but its noticeable.

Interop with java applications in a more flexible/powerful lisp-like language.

What Other Continuous Delivery solution do you use?

Learning about Leiningen?

* We monitor all Leiningen reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.