LemonStand

Create A Custom eCommerce Website That Is Tailored To Your Business In Every Way

Work for LemonStand?

Learning about LemonStand?

LemonStand Reviews

Ask LemonStand a Question
Showing 21 LemonStand reviews
LemonStand review by <span>Malena Y.</span>
Malena Y.

"Multifunctional online store"

What do you like best?

You can customize a unique design that fits your brand. I like that we have flexible price adjustment for different customers. There is a built-in CMS, it makes easy for me to create content for our store.

What do you dislike?

I've been working with this service for a long time and already figured out all its functions, but if I were a new user, I'd like to have a video overview of all the features that LemonStand has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LemonStand allows you to take advantage of a two-week trial version, which means that the service is confident in its work. It seems to me that LemonStand is a service that will suit everyone who wants to create a quality online store.

LemonStand helps our brand to create beautiful online store. It helped create, manage and control our store with lots of goods. LemonStand helps you have fully control of user interface. It has many functions for work and just great integration options with all the known services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LemonStand
LemonStand review by <span>Waldo L.</span>
Waldo L.

"Flexible items which create our work."

What do you like best?

I have a better way of creating our site which is simple to control and support. I can have an easy way of customization which is really important to our team. It is a wonderful design where I can create and announce content to increase website traffic, and educate clients using our flexible content control system.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad issues with this system.Here I can use a lot of tools which is helpful and doing their job well. I never had a confused about how to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With LemonStand you will have a chance to finish design control to make a unique brand. The best opportunity to install and present your products. The platform will give you exactly the way you want. I recommend it to all.

Actually, we can sell retail, current subscriptions and digital items. We can suggest volume and wholesale pricing to concrete client or groups. With LemonSync tool we can faster progress and working process.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

LemonStand review by <span>Parker L.</span>
Parker L.

"Excellent platform for websites"

What do you like best?

I am pleased that this software gives me a good opportunity to develop and improve the quality of creating online stores. I know that with all these functions my online business will stand out from the masses and bring more profit.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there are not some features that are available in other large e-commerce brands, although Lemonstand is rapidly developing and implementing everything you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent starting company that does everything well and correctly. They have made the store of a decent level and have not forgotten to think through all the details, the right balance between the necessary and desired functions, support is always on top, excellent documents. I would recommend trying Lemonstand at least because they have a two-week free trial.

For our business, this program helps to create the best projects for the site, so we make them much more beautiful and brighter for customers. Also there is the opportunity to train our customers and increase their number. There is an opportunity to make the work more simple, and the products are useful to help the client find what he wants and purchase.

LemonStand review by <span>Henrietta M.</span>
Henrietta M.

"Great Platform with perfect support."

What do you like best?

I can work on designs and its will looks so well on both device like desktop and phone. Im hapy with this things because I'm sure that by this I will make client so welcome and happy.Plus I know that on this days a lot of buyers through the phones.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about.I believe that with time this product will grow more and will have more tools and facilities than we think.But till now tools working for me right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont afraid to start use this software. At first look its looks like its hard but it is not.Its very easy to use all tools and you can easy work with all art on your page. So you will have a fun.

For my business and all my team this program help to build nice designs for site so we are trying to make it much better for customers and more colorful for them.

LemonStand review by <span>Jordan P.</span>
Jordan P.

"Powerful platform that can handle anything"

What do you like best?

You can build almost any type of ecommerce experience with this platform. For example you can build stores with recurring products (subscriptions) as well as one-time purchases which is hugely beneficial. We have built complex stores involving ongoing subscriptions that the users can update mid-month without any problems. Their architecture has been well thought out for the business they are in and their support and management teams are awesome to work with.

What do you dislike?

At first, it can be a bit overwhelming what you can do with the platform. I would recommend reaching out to the Lemonstand team and let them guide you. Usually, they will have great examples and an approach to getting to where you want to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with their team about your goals and approach.

Built a number of subscription based stores with very complex use cases.

LemonStand review by <span>Danny (Danny Blaq) T.</span>
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

"Very promising with lots of flexibility"

What do you like best?

Lemonstand allows you to pretty much customize your entire store including the checkout. This is definitely a developers playground. It has a great platform with CLI tool allowing to sync your local instance to the web instance. Also switching between templates allows you to easily preview various projects without having to switch between locations.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools are not working as expected. Theme.yaml doesn't sync with Lemonsync and there are a few glitches that require several retries to see the changes go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need flexibility in building out an ecommerce store and you are or have experienced developers this is a definite need in your inventory.

Most hosted ecommerce platforms like Volusion, Shopify, have restricted access to the source code. Lemonstand by passes that limitation. Allowing to fully customize your store including CMS and build your website according to your needs without having to think of platform restrictions

LemonStand review by <span>Erich D.</span>
Erich D.

"The creative way to design the way you want."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that this software gives me a right way to develop and increase quality create wonderful online stores. I know that with all of this I can be sure that my online business will stand out from the mass and sell more.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad issue which will make me stop using that software. I can say that all program works for us and gives to us everything that we need. Also, I like the work of support service and I can say that they help a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software that will show you the ability of easy way to control content and give creative work. With this platform, you will make a better analytic sale. Also, you will have the ability to work with helpful tools. I recommend it.

This product shows a better way to build and publish content to increase our web traffic. Also, we have the rights to grow and educate our clients. We can make the links among content and products to help the customer to find and purchase products.

LemonStand review by <span>Ben H.</span>
Ben H.

"Ecommerce Platform that has a vision"

What do you like best?

LemonStand provides a forward thinking E-commerce platform that allowed us to customize an online purchase experience specific to our subscription based meal kit delivery business.

From the UI (Theme) to some backend components, the platform is very flexible and their documentation on the platform / functionality is very comprehensive, easy to understand.

When we were evaluating the different E-Commerce platforms on the market, LemonStand stood out because they were the only ones that had proper native functionality at the platform level supporting subscription based e-commerce business models without heavy customization.

The one thing that I really appreciate is how much LemonStand values client feedback and their responsive customer support. Furthermore, the co founders themselves are really hands on trying to work closer with clients, pushing the limitations of their platform and prioritizing features that future proof it for our needs.

The core platform development is moving at a good speed and I appreciate the transparency with making the roadmap available. Keep up the good work guys!

What do you dislike?

LemonStand may not have all the bells and whistles right out of the gate but their pace is good and prioritizing features with the right mindset to be competitive in their space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a forward thinking E-commerce platform that has support to subscription based online business models then you will want to choose LemonStand.

Fuud is a meal kit delivery service that provides chef designed recipes accompanied by as much local products in British Columbia that we can source, and packaging it all in a meal kit delivered to your home.

Lemonstand platform has subscription based functionality that allows us to manage our entire online store front, from user's subscribing to the meal plans, to doing unified billing and then reporting on the data to process rest of fulfillment.

LemonStand review by <span>Jennifer S.</span>
Jennifer S.

"Lemonstand - an excellent ecommerce platform"

What do you like best?

Full customisation available with no limitations means I could take my existing store and mould my new Lemonstand store to be as close as possible to the original for brand recognition.

All the important options are available even in the lowest packages and they have introduced a lot of new features in the last few months to bring them more in line with other e-commerce software.

Good backend admin area and pretty intuitive to use.

Customer service is very good and I've used the team quite a lot and they've always been very friendly, helpful and pretty quick to respond (I'm on the cheapest package).

What do you dislike?

Although the themes are all ready to go "out of the box" with some basic customisation options you really do benefit from either being able to hire a developer or have knowledge of CSS, SASS, TWIG etc yourself.

It still lacks some features that other big e-commerce brands have but Lemonstand are catching up quick and all the important ones are implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can tweak the themes yourself then this is an excellent platform, easy to use with reasonable pricing bands and an increasing number of features.

A modern, responsive E-commerce store to sell my products with good SEO. The platform has given me the ability to introduce a lot of new features missing from my old store including discount coupons, ability to take credit/debit cards, integrated blog, mobile friendly, up to date SEO etc.

LemonStand review by <span>Matthew J.</span>
Matthew J.

"LemonStand, the Ultimate eCommerce Software"

What do you like best?

I love how infinitely customizable it is. Everything about the way that LemonStand works is great, and as they continue to work on their Roadmap and launch new products and assets it will only get better. I was able to code my entire webstore to my liking, including the emails that get sent out to my customers regarding their purchases and things like that. It's amazing what you can do with LemonStand, and I'm excited to see what they continue to improve on in the eCommerce industry.

What do you dislike?

Because LemonStand Version 2 is still building new features, it is currently lacking in some areas such as product discount flexibility. However, those are things they are openly working on at the moment and, as a user since LS Version 1, I can say with confidence that when they do deliver it will be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something that is lightweight, flexible, and always improving then LemonStand is the cart system for you.

LemonStand has given me such control over my webstore that I've been able to do A/B testing and move things around as often as I want, and it's easy to do.

LemonStand review by <span>Darrin N.</span>
Darrin N.

"Versatile and Flexible: Lemonstand is a great SAAS platform "

What do you like best?

I have always placed great value on flexibility. Unfortunately when it comes to e-commence platforms, flexibility (especially with regards to the cart, checkout & payment process), is often something sorely lacking. I’ve found many SAAS platforms operate on a rather rigid cookie-cutter approach (everything engineered to work and function only their way) leaving one with little leeway to adapt to the specific needs of a business. As we all know, there are many unique and unusual businesses out there and oftentimes it’s handy, or even necessary, to be able to tailor a site’s functionality to an entity’s specific business model. This is where Lemonstand shines! To a very respectable degree the Lemonstand platform allows for the ability to customize and fine-tune a significant portion of the platform’s front-end functionality.

Like many other cloud-based e-commerce platforms out there, Lemonstand offers up a number of starter themes which provides one with all the essential elements to get a web store up and running quickly. Despite being highly functional, many of their themes may initially feel a bit lackluster. However, this is likely intentional - in the assumption that most of their clients will be taking advantage of what Lemonstand offers best - that aforementioned flexibility! You see, once one is fluent enough in their system, and the underlying TWIG templating engine, you’ll find its possible to do a lot to tweak a theme and hone how a site looks and behaves! In that way, developing with Lemonstand feels like a breath of fresh air.

It is true that In order to wrangle the most out of this platform, one may wish/need to enlist the assistance of a developer or simply be willing to become somewhat fluent in CSS / Templating / Twig / and maybe JavaScript.  However, if only the customary e-Commerce services and functions are required, then one of their standard templates will likely serve ones' needs quite effectively.

From what I've gleaned, Lemonstand began life as a downloadable self-hosted e-commerce solution, but as is the trend in recent years, they have since migrated to a modern cloud-hosted system.  Cloud-hosted platforms do offer several clear advantages, such as: ensuring all user/accounts are running off of the most recent and updated versions of their software, ease of update deployment (issues involving varying server configs are removed from the equation), security monitoring, and a host of other advantages.

Financially, new businesses or start-ups can ease in through a comparatively modest fixed/known pricing plan. The combination of fixed pricing tiers, with no bandwidth fees, no storage fees, and no gateway fees (beyond what the gateways themselves charge) goes a long way toward making things more manageable for young startups or small businesses operating on limited budgets.   Lemonstand does have (as of late 2015) a cap of the number of orders per month, above which it is recommended to bump to the next existing plan.  However, these plan caps appear to be scaled so that they should easily be offset though the higher sales volumes within the caps.

Overall, the Lemonstand cloud-hosted platform has proven extremely versatile and reliable. As an account holder, I have not yet experienced any system downtime. As a store owner, feedback from shoppers has been very positive with regards to their shopping and checkout experiences. Service wise, dealing with customer support has been very good. Overall, responses to applicable service requests have been met with knowledgable replies by staff members who clearly know their product and were willing to help. In general, I feel Lemonstand is offering a top quality product and service that one can be confident to only to improve over time!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure this really qualifies as a "dislike" as its more of a "wish we had em all now"... but it's a young platform and there are still some features that are still being built / upcoming - to which their published roadmap attests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try - but don't be in a rush to launch. Tweak and hone the result until its as close to what you want - you'll be glad you did.

I'm able to build on a flexible platform that can be tailored to specific customized needs, such as highly seasonal businesses.

LemonStand review by <span>Sandhya S.</span>
Sandhya S.

"Great ecommerce platform."

What do you like best?

After running my business for last 12 years and being on the same ecommerce platform, even though our previous platform changed hands, we were quite comfortable. Next came the mobile avalanche that made us pull outside our comfort zone. It is quite a task to look for dependable ecommerce platform, after reviewing 3 platforms we landed with LemonStand. Lemonstand’s new cloud based ecommerce was very attractive, giving customers like me a good option to come on.

First thing that attracted us was that they do not charge transaction fees, so no cut from my sales. They provide their SAAS platform and I pay them for that. Next was the flexibility their platform provides to stores owners with customizing every corner of the store. No part of the store is hidden from store owners. Their easy Restful API was another big plus that allowed us to integrate our internal system with the new store. Lastly, the most important, the Mobile friendly themes that integrate very easily with their system. There are quite a few themes to choose from, all available for free to use and change.

During our designing of store, the support that was given to us was outstanding. They have a startup culture and implementing genuine feature request does not have to go through bureaucracy. If feature makes sense then it is implemented quickly. For example, we had 1000 zip code and sales tax rates that were wondering how we are going to enter it manually, made a request to add API call to add these sales tax. Within 2 weeks the API was coded and we were able to add all our taxes in like 15 minutes. This is where they won us over.

Our store beadsinbulk.com is live on Lemondstand and we are pleased with the outcome.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I could find with their system was, one definitely need a good programmer and web designer to design the store. Lot of tweaks and advance knowledge of bootstrap, twig and CSS is required if one is trying to do it by themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After putting lots of ice and lemon, served chilled, this lemonade is very delicious.

Responsive design and modern look of our store. Retain mobile customers.

LemonStand review by <span>Zack C.</span>
Zack C.

"Lemonstand is more then ecommerce, they're like a partner. "

What do you like best?

We started using their standalone product and eventually migrated to their cloud system. I've worked with their excellent support staff and Ross, their VP of growth to develop a two way relationship to connect our agency with customers who could use our help. Lemonstand has tons of features, and yet can be developed on by someone who has only front end experience. For e-commerce customers that are seeing a fair amount of revenue, it makes sense to choose Lemonstand because you are free to cut costs with your choice of card processor.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot negative to say about Lemonstand, they are constantly improving everything. I would say that some of their themes do not have gulp files with them, but just contact support and they'll sort you out.

We're converting clients to Lemonstand to help save them money. They in turn invest some of those savings with us to help improve sales and the visual appearance of their store. It's a win win.

LemonStand review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"A Fantastically Flexable SaaS eCommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

The front end theming engine is the best I have ever used. The ability to fully control the entire UI is second to none. LemonStand also decouples the url structure from the server code that is run. This means you can have any url setup you would like. Many other platforms force you to use /products, /collections, /cart, etc.

The support I have received is great. It is always quick. As a developer I often have detailed technical questions. I don't have to hunt those answers. LemonStand has core developers in their support system so my issues are always address by someone appropriate to answer them.

What do you dislike?

My major complaint would be lack of specific features that could be included in a 3rd party supplied marketplace. You can use the REST API to interact with the platform but this does require extra development time. LemonStand has a great core product but getting the community to help extend functionality for other shops to use would be a super awesome addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want full control over the front end UI and a product that has a ton built in without the need for extra apps this is for you.

If your products are complex this is one of the best SaaS systems out there.

- No limits on option sets or number of variants

- Very good inventory tracking and price strategies are possible

- Volume price is baked in

- Complex products can be built with Custom Fields

As an agency owner we have been able to solve some fairly specific and interesting problems for our clients. The theming engine allows us to do this instead of telling our client's that the platform does not allow what they want.

LemonStand review by <span>Dan B.</span>
Dan B.

"PhoneSoap & Lemonstand Growing Partnership"

What do you like best?

Ultimately, the best part of Lemonstand has been our open communication. When issues have arrived we have been able to fix them quickly. Even when we have requests to tweak our site, or their templates, we have also been able to also do so quickly. The site itself runs smoothly and our customers can navigate it seamlessly, which has had a great impact to our bottom line. Conversion rates are up along with our average order value.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few features missing in the backend, but it is slightly unfair to say as I know they are being added quickly. I am sure by the time prospective customers have read this, I am sure many will be added in. They have a clear product map listed on their site with great features coming down the road. Items that I have felt strongly should be added have been communicated and I am confident they will be added.

We were looking for a platform that could sustain our traffic peaks without costing us an arm and a leg; a platform that would allow a quick, smooth checkout for our customers; a platform that would allow us to work with our b2b customers; and a platform that provided a robust backend for us to manage our site and our customers.

LemonStand review by <span>Jules R.</span>
Jules R.

"A great eCommerce solution for web developers "

What do you like best?

What distinguishes the product is that it is highly customizable, very well featured, performant and resonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Blog and general CMS features are lacking at this point of time but it's next up on their roadmap, so the product is very close to being full-featured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving Lemonstand a spin, they have a two week free trial.

My client operates in Quebec (Canada), where both French and English are spoken by the general population. I needed the website to be bilingual and Lemonstand was the only product I found that was customizable to the level that this project needed. I was able to build a bilingual eCommerce website even though it wasn't a featured option.

LemonStand review by <span>Nick T.</span>
Nick T.

"Zest for eCommerce"

What do you like best?

I like that LemonStand have created a clear and concise UI for the configuration and management of the backend, add into that wonderful documentation, and you have a simple and enjoyable platform to develop eCommerce stores.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I do dislike if I'm being honest. If I was nitpicking I would say the lack of a blog/news feature is something I would like to see, but I do know that this is being worked upon, and I'm happy to wait for this marketing feature.

Of the 5 stores I have worked on recently, none of my clients have seen it as an issue. For me it's more of a 'nice to have' then an essential feature, and it doesn't devalue the product at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend LemonStand. It has the right balance between features needed and desired, the support is personal and pretty awesome. The docs are excellent, and they have a pretty cool API.

Give the trial a go, its a fairly risk free venture, and if you do decide to go with LemonStand, it's an affordable system where the benefits can increase the ROI exponentially.

Moving to a cloud based system has been a major headache solved for me. I have always hosted sites on my own server, but I'd rather not have my Server Administrator hat on, allowing me to concentrate more on the design and development of stores.

LemonStand review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Using lemonstand with a lot of customizations"

What do you like best?

As a developer, we chose LemonStand because they offer supreme custom functionality. An API for data, templates for views. For a developer, the admin side of things are easy to understand. They also respond to support questions quickly and accurately.

What do you dislike?

Its difficult to decide this. Of course when using a third party service, you have to make your business work with theirs. What I dislike the most is we have to compile the data from LemonStand and use it in our own servers. Which its not expected of LemonStand to support that.

We solved online order processing. The benefits are leaving website management to a third party who keep things up to date while giving a lot of control to us.

LemonStand review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Super fast delivery of a custom online store using LemonStand "

What do you like best?

The ability to completely customise the front-end without having to worry about the backend. This was huge for us as our client needed an on-page product customisation tool that allows customers to customise their product and preview right on the page. Their open source command line tool, LemonSync, was a life saver. It allowed us to develop in our local development workflow and made it much easier and quicker to launch the site. We looked into a number of stores however no other cloud-based platform offered the flexibility that they do - LemonStand was the clear first choice based on the client's complex requirements and tight timeline.

What do you dislike?

There are some integration gaps. Xero is a big gap for us although I know the team at LemonStand is working on this. They don’t offer enterprise level SLAs which is a roadblock for some of our larger customers. The API allows us to overcome this however just a bit of added time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good starter company who are doing everything right. They understand the needs of making a good shop great and focus on these parts.

We do a lot of custom builds for larger customers using open source platforms. LemonStand gives us the ability to still highly customised online stores for smaller customers that don’t have the budget or the need for a major custom build. They have become our go to solution for SMB customers. The backend is also easy to use so our customers can manage it themselves once we’ve finished the project. Enough feature for now and looking forward to the new ones on the way.

LemonStand review by Internal Consultant in E-Learning
Internal Consultant in E-Learning

"Good Platform, Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

How quick and friendly the team is whenever I run into issues. Most inquiries are resolved within 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

I'm a novice web designer, so some platforms are a bit better for those with no coding experience like me. But Lemonstand is always willing to meet me more than half way to help me get to where I'm going.

Managing a complex, high-quantity e-commerce site.

LemonStand review by Administrator

"45% Sales Increase within 6 Months"

What do you like best?

Ease of use with complex design! LS is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more Add-On Apps. Gift Certificates, Marketing, Multi Channel Market Place

Offering customized product

Learning about LemonStand?

* We monitor all LemonStand reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.