LessAccounting

Learning about LessAccounting?

LessAccounting Reviews

Ask LessAccounting a Question
Showing 3 LessAccounting reviews
LessAccounting review by Shirin E.
Shirin E.

"Efficient, streamlined accounting system with lots of automation"

What do you like best?

I like that I only need to update our books for an hour or 2 per month, this is possible due to the ability of Lessaccounting to work with our bank and credit cards to give us a perfect understanding of where money is coming and going to.

What do you dislike?

While they probably have .a solution for this, I don't see a way to perfectly allocate sales commission based on specific invoices. Most likely I'll end up using their flexible tagging system. Usually, a few minutes in chat with them gives me the answer I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, check it out. While Freshbooks and others are flashy, LessAccounting really seems to be more of an accounting system and not just a way to bill people. Properly setup, the tagging system is quite powerful, you can classify your 1099 stuff along with deals associated with particular vendors or clients. When you run your tag search it all shows up in a clean, easy to read format.

We are a startup without a full-time accountant or bookkeeper. We wanted to be strongly in control of our finances and understand exactly how well we are doing financially with good reporting. Historically the accounting system was more an archive, kept for compliance. Less Accounting allows us to really dig in at any time knowing that it's minutes behind at most.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LessAccounting
LessAccounting review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"Finally...bookkeeping software for humans."

What do you like best?

I love that the priority data is neatly organized and prioritized for viewing FIRST. And I can easily access the priority details (95% of my time) with a single click.

What do you dislike?

I'm completely mobile so an app would be nice. It's usable on my iPhone in a browser, but not mobile-optimized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you employ a full-time resource to manage your books, don't buy the hype of the Quickbooks, Freshbooks, and Xeros of the world. Buy a utility that works from seemingly good folks who just want to help you see and manage the financial health of your business...LessAccounting.

Efficiency in managing our financial picture. I am not interested in accounting. I am interested in the financial health of my business. Quickbooks, Freshbooks, and Xero, the so-called "leaders", are made for accountants. They are overly complex.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

LessAccounting review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Less Accounting Is Exactly As It Sounds And Is Great For Freelancers"

What do you like best?

The simplicity, easy of use and pleasant user interface are the strong points for Less Accounting. It's easy to create and send invoices in a one time basis or if they're recurring.

There are some aspects that are different than traditional systems, but they end up being better once used to them. For example, when I received payments in the past I'd mark the invoice as paid and then upon deposit I'd mark the payment in the transaction list from undeposited funds. In this system, I remove the one step and reconcile both at the same time saving me time.

There dashboard and weekly email digest are great updates on my financial situation and what money is owed to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it does not show a total amount for me draft invoices on the dashboard. I don't like the lack of followup on late invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a freelancer and you need a simple system to help you manage your finances and invoices, try Less Accounting.

Less Accounting helps me managing my banks accounts, bill my clients for work done or to be done, and easily see my financial situation at a high level.

There are not enough reviews of LessAccounting for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

FreshBooks Logo
FreshBooks
A fast way to invoice clients, track time & run your small business in the cloud. Join all of FreshBooks users who are making billing painless. Try it Free!
Xero Logo
Xero
Share access to your latest business numbers with your team and your accountant so everyone is up to speed with Xero. From work, home or on the go.
Billy Logo
Billy
Billy is an accounting software for entrepreneurs and small businesses that provide a suite of accounting tools like invoicing and expense tracking that require no advanced accounting degree or specialized training, entrepreneurs can get paid quickly by sending invoices via email, and receiving payments by credit card or bank transfer.
Wave Logo
Wave
The world's fastest growing small business accounting software.
Sage 50c Accounting Logo
Sage 50c Accounting
3.6
Sage 50c (formerly Peachtree) brings you best-in-class accounting standards, more flexibility and mobility than any other desktop solution, and affordable subscription plans that offer the best value for your business.
Zoho Books Logo
Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a simple, easy-to-use accounting app that tracks the money coming in and going out of your business. With Zoho Books, you can always stay up-to-date on your business finance and make decisions instantly.
UltraTax CS Logo
UltraTax CS
3.5
UltraTax CS provides accountants with a comprehensive family of professional tax software products for boosting tax preparation efficiency.
Expense, Receipts & Projects by Veryfi Logo
Expense, Receipts & Projects by Veryfi
Expense, Receipts & Projects by Veryfi is a mobile AI bookkeeper platform for the self-employed & SMBs. Veryfi streamlines statutory tax obligations and removes the need for data entry using Veryfi's proprietary algorithms so you can do more business and less accounting.
GoDaddy Bookkeeping Logo
GoDaddy Bookkeeping
3.9
GoDaddy makes bookkeeping simple. Everything is organized and in one place, without hours of data entry or tracking down receipts.
Lacerte Logo
Lacerte
Lacerte is a solution that gives you the ability to manage speed, reliability and more to complete tax returns.

Learning about LessAccounting?

* We monitor all LessAccounting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.