4.7

Lessonly is the powerfully simple training software that helps customer-facing teams learn, practice, and do better work.

Work for Lessonly?

Learning about Lessonly?

Lessonly Reviews

Ask Lessonly a Question
Showing 202 Lessonly reviews
Lessonly review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Great Platform "

What do you like best?

The font that Lessonly has selected for the platform is just great. The customer service representatives are mostly great and very fast to help. I love the way Lessonly looks. Easy to read, easy to create, versatile. The platform is so user-friendly from both perspectives, the creator and the learner. This is a great utility, very useful. Lots of specialization and new features coming out every month it seems like. The representative that deals with my company is very kind and informative and helpful, it has been a pleasure working with her. I would recommend this service to other businesses in my area or other states, if I were networking with these people like at the Lessonly dinner celebration they held in Salt Lake City recently. That was a good experience where we were able to network with other Lessonly users from all over the United States.

What do you dislike?

Minimal control of type, but actually this is a positive thing because Lessonly has pre-selected the best font that is the easiest for everyone to read. Not much, I wish there were a few things like the option to add notes for graders to see but maybe they will add this feature soon. I don't like how the universal force retake setting cannot be non-universal, haha. But there is not a lot to dislike. This is a great utility very useful. Working with Lessonly has been a wonderful experience for me and my company. I recommend it strongly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

talk with the customer service they respond very quickly.

Detailing our various employee handbook and policy statements in an engaging and compelling manner. Tracking knowledge, enforcing standards. Training new agents in our various programs and campaigns, cross training is made so much simpler for our trainers and managers. This is a great utility, very useful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lessonly
Lessonly review by Miranda C.
Miranda C.

"Interactive and Visual Training Resource"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is interactive. I can flip and expand information cards, watch videos and take quizzes all within an easy to view online platform. I can easily assign information to new hires and assess what they have learned.

What do you dislike?

The back-end could allow more font/styling customization. It can be difficult to copy and paste into the admin because it reformats what you have pasted. It would be nice to have the ability to finetune the spacing and bulleting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a way to onboard new employees and keep it as a resource for all. Even if you do not plan on training new hires any time soon, it is a great resource for current hires to make sure that everyone is on the same page for workflows. Employees can refer back to the information again and again without having to ask a superior for an answer to their question.

Training is a breeze. Not only does it help with in-person training, but new hires can learn at their own pace and refer back to their lessons at any time. So, it also becomes a resource.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Lessonly review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"A superior LMS for my company"

What do you like best?

Lessonly has an incredibly intuitive interface, and building lessons is a breeze. We primarily use it to onboard new sales and support agents, and the response we've received at having interactive lessons has been very positive. Our agents actually enjoy taking time for training now!

It's also been a lifesaver in our ability to track who's done which training, and how they're doing. WIth their new analytics we can even spot trends, which helps us pinpoint where our training materials could be improved.

What do you dislike?

We'd really like to have a view where we can see at a glance what lessons are included in which group learning libraries. Also, bulk functions - like tagging, adding to learning libraries, etc. That would be a huge time saver.

Lastly, since I'm moving our content creation team over to structured authoring, the ability to include structured content in lessons would be really helpful. Our CCMS is Paligo, and when they release their API, having an integration to bring in structured content would save us a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the UI is super intuitive and the learning curve very easy with Lessonly, you'll still need to focus on how to create effective content - Lessonly is great about providing lots of resources on the most effective ways to structure information in lessons, and their experience managers help you plan your initial roll out, so there is plenty of guidance when you get started to ensure your rollout is successful.

My recommendation is to make sure that the person(s) in charge of developing learning content at your company are passionate about creating usable and interesting content, and they are excited to learn about how people learn and what makes a lesson effective.

first and foremost our onboarding of new agents has been much more successful. We've reduced the time it takes from hire to our agents being fully integrated into their teams by 3 months. The time it takes us to train on new features and integrations has also been reduced significantly.

Ensuring all information is disseminated to all stakeholders is now as easy as checking the lesson overview - no more reaching out to team managers and leads to see who needs training - it's all right there.

It's also given us an easier avenue to collect feedback on how effective our agents think the training is. If there is a confusing passage, or a concept requires further explanation, we know immediately.

Lessonly review by Kaitlyn K.
Kaitlyn K.

"Amazing Training"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is extremely user friendly, both for the user and creator of content. It is amazing how they have created a platform that has so many features and capabilities that would be regularly complex but Lessonly manages to make so simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about Lessonly, it has been a wonderful tool in transforming our training and education. As a user and creator you can pick it up immediately just by simply playing around with the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly has simplified our training and education for internal employees while still being able to offer endless amounts of educational tools and documents.

We have been able to standardize training and provide educational tools to our sales team that are readily accessible at any time. Before our education and training was outdated and prior employees who had went through the on boarding process were not receiving the same quality of training we had updated for newer employees. Lessonly gives us the tools to make sure that even employees who have been with us for longer are up to date on all of the latest lessons and knowledge on our products, processes, and systems.

Lessonly review by Alexi S.
Alexi S.

"A Great Tool for Success"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create and edit content quickly and easily with Lessonly. This tool has really changed how we share information and follow up with employees on learning important skills, both in our home office and globally. The Lessonly University feature allows me to see other successful lessons, and also take content (like "What is Lessonly?" and easily edit for our purposes to send out to employees. We have used this tool for a variety of content, and look forward to strengthening our companys' work flows and culture through Lessonly in the future.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Lessonly! I love the ease of use and the ability to edit and change things as we go. Integrations are wonderful, and we are forever thankful that we have Tanner, our Client Experience Manager, ready and available to help us through any speedbumps we encounter!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to utilize things like Lessonly University and your Client Experience Manager to help you through any bumps in the road - even though those moments have been rare for us, they have been easily solved using one of those resources, and very quickly as well!

We are now able to easily introduce training and companywide changes to all of our global employees with ease and straightforward guidelines. We can easily monitor use of the lessons, make sure that employees are following the same training schedule world-wide, and also make sure that our employees are getting lessons that help them to achieve their goals and work toward creating higher ones!

Lessonly review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"So happy that we chose Lessonly"

What do you like best?

The platform is incredibly intuitive and user friendly. Even if I didn't receive great training from the team at Lessonly, I could figure out a lot on my own due to the fantastic UX. I vetted several LMS providers and Lessonly was the only one that could offer all the tools I was looking for like the ability to create screen recordings with narration, click-through tutorials, side by side learning in your browser (thanks to their Chrome extension) and so much more. I'm now able to touch upon more learning styles than I ever could before. Coupling all of this with amazing service from our Customer Experience Manager and the customer service team has left us feeling so happy that we chose Lessonly as our LMS.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there's nothing that I dislike outright. With any product, naturally there are features that I'm hoping to get down the line, but nothing that is impeding my ability to onboard and train employees. Thatcher, our Customer Experience Manager, is super hands-on and communicative, so he's let me know which features are on the product roadmap and when I can expect to have them. Any feedback I've given him that isn't on the roadmap has been welcomed, as well.

Lessonly is helping us to scale our onboarding and training programs. I am the only person in our organization who does this and with a fast-growing team globally, it is allowing me to offer every employee the same quality of training regardless of where they're located. It is also helping us tackle issues with retention and to offer significantly improved re-training capabilities.

Lessonly review by Tori B.
Tori B.

"Extremely User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is the perfect learning software for any team that does not have a dedicated enablement person. It is very easy to spin up new courses on a regular basis which makes it worth every penny!

What do you dislike?

The backend can look pretty disorganized with content for three different teams.

On boarding/training materials and on-going coaching were the two main reasons we purchased Lessonly. We have significantly decreased our ramp time since implementing. From an on-going coaching perspective, it has saved our managers a lot of time because we do not need to have the same conversations over and over with multiple sales reps - all of the information they need to effectively speak about a competitor, learn about a new feature, etc is all in one place for them to learn and then be tested on to make sure they're good to go!

Lessonly review by Briana S.
Briana S.

"An integral tool for employee onboarding and continued training"

What do you like best?

Everything! Lessonly is amazing. It's super intuitive and easy to use to build lessons, courses, and quizzes. The features are perfect, I can add silly gifs to lighten up a lesson and break up a large block of text, or an instructional video to show what I just outlined in writing. Lessonly let's me assign lessons and easily see if my team has completed them. It's also super easy for employees to ask questions about something they don't understand in a lesson.

What do you dislike?

The gradebook could be a little more robust. It's not the easiest to see at a glance based on lesson tags, you have to select individual lessons but this doesn't affect me very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have remote teams or are just training and onboarding teams in general, you need Lessonly! It's an amazing product and their entire support and account management team is great.

Most of my team is remote and I don't know how I would have onboarded new employees without Lessonly. I created an entire library of lessons for my team to teach them everything from a large, day-one overview, to very granular, step-by-step processes. We went over the lessons in training along with a few quizzes and activities. Now those lessons are still in the Learning Library and my team can easily reference them as needed.

Lessonly review by Karen  R.
Karen R.

"Excellent platform with even better service"

What do you like best?

The Lessonly platform is very easy to use, but their customer service is where they really shine. Each person I have spoken to is so excited to have us as a client and seems to really care about the success of our platform. I know that I can reach out to my customer success rep at any time and she will get back to me as fast as possible with a thoughtful answer. The Lessonly staff have made the transition from other learning tools very easy and I am excited to continue working with them as we improve rollout.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that sticks out is that I have had some formatting issues when creating a lesson. Bullet points can be a bit tough in the text boxes, but with some patience I have been able to fix them. To go off of that though, I can say that I took videos of the issues with Ilos and my rep sent them to their tech team to be worked on. I feel very responded to by Lessonly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't say enough good things about the service you will receive from the people designated to work with you. From the sales to the support everything is top notch and the team will really make sure you feel comfortable with the product prior to signing on.

We are solving the need for faster, simpler trainings, and the need for data behind the work we are sending out to our teams. Prior to Lessonly we only had Google and various survey platforms to send things to our team. With Lessonly we have been able to get immediate data about the work the team is doing and if they enjoy the platform or not.

Lessonly review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Lessonly is a Lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is versatile, easy to use and innovative. The care and attentiveness of the implementation team (shout out to Katie) and our account manager (shout out to Kelsey) are second to none. I'm the only person at my company that looks after learning and development so their insight, advice, and willingness to help me think strategically when it comes to planning company training have been more valuable than I can put a price tag on.

What do you dislike?

I think with any (fairly) new product there are some features that aren't live yet, however Lessonly's product roadmap is robust and the product team is constantly evaluating ways to improve. I especially love their focus on gathering customer recommendations. They do a great job of incorporating requests or suggestions and for that, I have full confidence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Couldn't recommend this product more!

We are expanding globally every year and with more and more people all over the map, having a centralized place for training and information is critical. Lessonly is allowing us to scale training programs across the board. We use lessonly for new hire orientation, onboarding logistics, people manager training and ongoing employee development.

Lessonly review by Karen P.
Karen P.

"Knowledge Checks and Quick Content Creation "

What do you like best?

Lessonly helps make training a lot more exciting than your average powerpoint presentation. In addition to the ability to effortlessly add content when you need it quickly you can also track learning, easily spot knowledge gaps with an individual or within your team, or simply get a quick verification of understanding/completion check.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could slice and dice a lot more with the insights. having the ability to clearly create dashboards for an agent on path to complete a single or multiple certifications separate from viewing their overall training would be my dream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something clean and corporate this may not be for you. Lessonly is definitely more relaxed which is something that really works for our team. If you are needing to develop training quickly and get it out the door in an environment with a lot of changes I would highly recommend Lessonly

We desperately needed a cohesive and easy to update onboarding training program. Lessonly has allowed us to duplicate that training quickly across new markets and we have used Lessonly to expand our training in departments other than customer service. It's a tool that became popular very quickly with other teams.

Lessonly review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Simplifying Internal Education"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an incredibly intuitive platform. I was able to pick it up immediately, and it is very simple to teach new content creators what to do. Learning Paths have simplified our internal training process, and it will continue to improve as we iterate! They have amazing employees (Hi Lucy and Nick!) who really care about your experience in the platform, and are always ready and willing to help with a strategy session, or a quick support issue.

Also, it can make internal education fun - we really love how easy it is to add gifs and other elements that make the courses more engaging.

Also - the Lessonly conference was amazing! I can't wait for next year!

What do you dislike?

We would love improved gradebook features, or a way to make it really easy to mark individual users as the manager of certain employees. We're currently using an integration with Namely to pull in our Learners information, and that's a great start - but it would be helpful if I could change the management powers based on users in the platform, and not just pull from smart group information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly is already a great platform, and they're constantly improving! Their focus on education is amazing, and it's helping our company greatly.

Our company uses Lessonly to teach all of our internal users about our software platform. From onboarding, to continuing education, to new releases, and marketing use cases, Lessonly is our home for internal training. It's really helped our customer-facing teams (Sales, Success and Support) feel prepared, and helps the product team get the word out company-wide.

Lessonly review by Brandon Q.
Brandon Q.

"An intuitive learning platform with a great support team"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and how quickly their team always is to get back to us on questions we have. Creating an online learning tool was something I was personally new to, and the product just makes it very easy to structure and learning curriculum, load users, make assignments, etc.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to be able to make specific product enhancement suggestions in the future. The best roadmaps for product enhancements are driven by the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to maintain. Excellent internal learning resource. If it's external facing, the only consideration is controls on maintenance (e.g. testing environments don't exist) and a lack of advanced ways to monitor progress of users and create customized analytics. However, everything else is fantastic.

Our company now uses Lessonly for internal onboarding and external training. The benefits are increased bandwidth for resources that would sometimes be having repetitive conversations and the ability to control quality of data flowing to clients.

Lessonly review by Anjeliqueca B.
Anjeliqueca B.

"Amazing client experience and support teams, great implementation and learning experience!"

What do you like best?

Delightful learning experience, easy to create and distribute content and the Lessonly team is a pleasure to work with - they're so helpful!

What do you dislike?

Less flexible pricing based on frequency of use per user. Granular analytics reporting, but the Insights module is a step in the right direction!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While we have very specific metrics we want to track that are missing in Lessonly, we are able to create ad-hoc reports with the data provided in Lessonly. Their team is incredible at listening to our feedback and even letting us try beta features. I can't wait for their product updates since each release creates a better learning and managing experience.

They also have Lessonly University, which is great when you don't know where to start building content! Overall, I would highly recommend depending on your pricing and business needs, but their team is so helpful when it comes to discussing and addressing these needs.

With Lessonly, it's easy to create and dispense learning materials and process/product updates. We also have the ability to track user engagement, scores and content-specific feedback to continually improve our learning material.

Lessonly review by Meganne B.
Meganne B.

"True partners and not just "another vendor""

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive, allowing trainers to build content quickly and push it out to the masses within minutes if needed. Support is world-class, everything from the personal Client Experience Manager to the kind Support folks that help us via web chat when we need some extra eyes. The culture of their organization is very vibrant and is felt in every interaction!

What do you dislike?

Like most companies in the tech space, products are released still needing some development. The silver lining here is that the Product team is always open for feedback and wants to partner with their customers to further develop the product. I have attended several solutioning sessions and feel satisfied that previously given feedback has been - or will be soon - implemented. Reporting isn't the best if you don't have the Salesforce integration, but they have been improving this with their new Insights tab. Instructor-led training is an area of opportunity but they are actively pushing beta programs to develop this.

We originally purchased lessonly to help us tighten up our commercial onboarding experience but have since expanded that reach to include continuing education, departmental messaging, and product training among other things. Benefits include the "metrics behind the learning" - we can clearly see who has consumed material and who has not (and what impact that has had on their performance) - quick time-to-market in the event we need to get something out quickly, and higher engagement with content across the business.

Lessonly review by Maximilien  M.
Maximilien M.

"Lessonly - Built for Tomorrow"

What do you like best?

The platform - digital fulfillment platform for training. It's easy to create lesson on the go - even not in the office. As a content creator the platform is highly user friendly and you do not need any additional type of training to start creating content and assigning to your team. The gradebook is also extremely well done and make it easy to identify key data/indicators. I also like the communication reminders automatically sent to lesson takers.

What do you dislike?

the lack of customization when building lessons if you do not know HTML. It would be nice to have more Happy/Sad faces type of questions too. I wish there would just be more design customization when it comes to creating a lesson - again without having to dive into the html code (text format, colors etc.). Reporting exports could also be improved and offer maybe a better dashboard type of data m.

Recommendations to others considering the product

why would you do your training in any other way :) this is truly a great method to deliver and standardize your training across all platforms.

Training fulfillment . We are trying to improve our training delivery/quality by using Lessonly. We also use Lessonly as a content management tool for our team to have access to procedures and work instructions type of materials. Ultimately, the goal is to provide the onboarding training for our team while providing the continuing education piece to all of our employees.

Lessonly review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"How We Used Lessonly to Grow our Channel to over 700 Partners Nationwide"

What do you like best?

Call me sentimental, but my favorite part of Lessonly are the people, with the actual product as a close second! The team at Lessonly is amazing to work with and the tool they created has been the perfect tool for our company to scale our channel network of solar and sustainable improvement contractors.

What do you dislike?

The tool has historically been built for internal teams, so early on we had some complications utilizing for a Partner network. But since figuring that our, we have had no problems with the tool.

Our business problem was "How to training thousands of partners quickly, and get them up to speed so that they can start selling our product?" Lessonly was the answer. After building our a number of specific trainings and assigning to our new Partners, we quickly found that this was going to be a key tool in our scale.

Lessonly review by Angel-Lee J.
Angel-Lee J.

"LMS done right"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the system. I can build lessons with ease.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything specific that stands out that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a team within your company that is in charge of certain lessons. Don't put everything on one persons shoulders because it can get heavy. When you distribute work it's so easy and seamless that you can get lessons busted out in no time.

We have a lot of employees out in the field and this systems helps reach them with information that they need and that they can take on their own time. this tool has also greatly assisted me with training employees, once a lesson is built I can share it with the appropriate people and that helps free up my schedule because the one lesson is used numerous times instead on me sitting with people for numerous times.

Lessonly review by Nancy J.
Nancy J.

"Great product, flexible responsive team "

What do you like best?

Super flexible and easy to use LMS - can create or modify content on the fly. It suits our needs based on our ever-changing products and client needs. The team is fantastic any time we reach out for help and is always open to enhancement suggestions.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a basic product, there are some limitations around reporting and is missing a few bells and whistles.

How can we train and certify users? How do we create customized paths for various clients based on unique needs? How can quickly we assess what has been learned and track how people score? How can we do all this and scale up?

We've been able to solve these problems and certified nearly 1,000 users, increasing user engagement in the process.

Lessonly review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Changing the way restaurants train team members"

What do you like best?

Training content is streamlined, robust, and comprehensive. Our company is able to distribute new and ongoing training to each team member in a way we could not do before using Lessonly.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not encountered anything I dislike about using Lessonly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more planning you put in on the front end the better. Add on the services package so you have someone helping you along the way. This was especially important for us in the beginning. We would have been lost without the help of the services team.

There is potential for human error while training team members in restaurants. Putting our classrooms into online lessons removed the potential for error. Each new team member is getting the same content needed to make them productive assets on our teams.

Lessonly review by Analena S.
Analena S.

"Payrolll Administrator"

What do you like best?

The people at Lessonly - priceless

Customer Support

Super clean look of the Learning Platform

Very easy to use

The future potential of Lessonly

What do you dislike?

There are some functionalities that are still missing:

I would like to see more reporting capabilities & enhancement to who can assign lessons to employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use training platform with amazing potential and the best people to work with, Lessonly is your answer.

We are using Lessonly to train New Hires and provide ongoing training for our staff. It is extremely beneficial to track who has taken a lesson/training path and avoids keeping track on paper. It also helps employees have a one stop resource for training material to do their day-to--day job better and with more confidence.

Lessonly review by Mariah C.
Mariah C.

"Simplified Process"

What do you like best?

I love the gradebook. Being able to so easily track our managers and agents progress is so useful and saves all of us time!

What do you dislike?

This is a hard question to answer, currently nothing. Anytime we ever have something that we would like improved our Lessonly rep Lucy is right there with us hearing our our suggestions and doing her best to implement them into the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to a rep you will not be disappointed (:

RIght now we are using Lessonly to tackle retention issues we have been experiencing. We are doing this by creating a trackable pathway to ensure that communication between new hires and their direct managers is happening daily, and following our protocol.

Lessonly review by Brent S.
Brent S.

"A useful tool to train the trainers"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with Lessonly. I have only been with the company for four months. I was tasked with Training Management. I have used a number of different training tools and Lessonly is by far the easiest to use, assign and manage.

What do you dislike?

Still being somewhat a new user, I have yet to see its specific flaws. I really cannot think of any at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, easy to use and manage.

Lessonly provides us with a one stop shop tool. We use Lessonly for training our employees, our managers and would even work well for us training our customers how to fill out a form correctly or just small bite sized pieces of information that is usefull. The best benefit for us, is ease of use. If a tool is hard to use it is easily overlook. Lessonly is very easy to use and we will for the foreseeable future be using this as our training platform.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Using Lessonly at a small SaaS company"

What do you like best?

I love the weekly lessons sent out via email that you can request to have added to your account. These are usually well done and I only need to make minor adjustments for them to be applicable to our team. I also enjoy using Lessonly University though I don't spend as much time on it as I would like to.

What do you dislike?

Having lessons set up like slides feels a little disjointed, especially if you want to go back and review something. I would like an option to scroll vertically while maintaining the progress bar.

As a small business, we needed a better way to store and organize training materials and be able to confirm that employees have reviewed them. I've benefitted greatly from the ability to add weekly lessons (that are often relevant) to our account because it saves me time that I would otherwise spend compiling lessons on similar topics.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Best LMS"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an amazing and innovative LMS that others can not hold a candle to. The platform is intuitive, easy to use and understand from both the creator and the learner. They provide robust reporting to really see how teams are doing. You are also able to link data points within your CRM tool to find trends in the sales cycle in relation to lessons taken. Lessonly also did a great job with how all content is organized and structured. You are able to differentiate lessons based on a specific set of people, departments, etc. When it comes to innovation, Lessonly is always trying to push the limits of education. They have a great chrome extension that allows users to search and take lessons anywhere online. It also allows creators the ability to map other websites, like competitors, and have lessons that are relevant to that specific website! Overall, Lessonly is far superior to any other LMS system I've used in my career.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Lessonly. I would say that they are a younger company and their innovation has lead to popularity in the field. With popularity and high demand can come some hiccups. Lessonly needs to continue to improve to be sales and marketing focused, as they are customer service focused right now. There are also some features they don't have yet, but are working on, such as live trainings, or in person trainings. It would be great to make this the central hub for all trainings, not just on-demand, but I know they are working on it.

Providing micro on-demand learning, robust analytics and insights to better target learning gaps. Organization and self service to large teams. The ability to scale.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

This learning platform is a great way for the people in our company to learn about procedures and products. We are now incorporating Lessonly into our product training and they are frequently making updates to the system, making it easier to navigate and use overall. We do monthly reporting and the way the gradebook tab is set up is so easy to access and by the click of a button, puts everything into an excel sheet. I am looking forward to what lessonly comes up with next!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the editing mode. Sometimes when you make edits, the format can get messed up and you need to create a new element to make everything look the same. I wish it had more options like font type and size. I like that you can add a background, but the white part covers too much of the background. If they could add a feature to where the white part could be smaller or even transparent, that'd be awesome!

No problems to date!

Lessonly review by Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy
Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy

"Lessonly has transformed our training!"

What do you like best?

Employees do not have to be pulled into a classroom for training. They are doing it at their desks in between tasks. Slower learners are not slowing down the faster ones in the classroom. Each user is going at their own pace. Reduced our training staff in half, our ROI was under 6 months. The feedback from our employees ahs been great and the tests if done as "short-answer" can be marked automatically. All grades are tracked by Lessonly and assigned by a few clicks of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can think of immediately that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will transform your training!

Instead of having a larger training staff and committing our new employees to a minimum of two weeks classroom time. We have reduced the number of trainers and have been able to get our new hires productive sooner. Our trainers spend time developing Lessonly lessons that can be utilized for both new hires and existing employees for additional training. Our new employees training is half the time and instead of sending a memo with a new process or update, we create a Lessonly lesson and can track who read it through. The employees learn at their desks and small lessons or updates are done between tasks. They do not need to be pulled from their responsibilities into a classroom. Like I said earlier, it has transformed our training...

Lessonly review by M. Belén A.
M. Belén A.

"I absolutely love them"

What do you like best?

Their software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, both for admins as well as learners. Their customer service is exceptional - we would not have been able to roll out our main pilot on the short timeline we had without their help, guidance, and expertise. They take customer feedback seriously and, in the 6 months we've been their client, have already implemented several of our asks and wants. They are constantly seeking to improve and expand their product and offerings, and they're actually dedicated to applying, and helping their clients apply, their slogan, "Do better work."

What do you dislike?

As an admin, I can't experience the platform from other roles (Manager, Creator, Learner) unless I ask for someone else's login, which can make troubleshooting a bit time consuming. That's about it, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's like having an extra set of hands on your team – they are committed to helping their clients win. We experience this every day with Lessonly, which is why my team and I are so passionate about working with them.

Lessonly is Meltwater's first LMS. We had our own home-grown learning platform, but we couldn't assign content to employees nor track their progress and measure success. Lessonly allows us to do all of this. They also allow managers to be really involved in their team's learning process. The benefits we've seen in our 6 months with Lessonly are a 98% learner approval rate of the system and 75% of Client Success new hires in the Americas feeling confident about hitting their targets after the training we launched through the platform.

Lessonly review by Ron N.
Ron N.

"A training and development team that gets results!"

What do you like best?

We introduced a brand new training initiative to a large trucking company, and one of the demands was the ability to reach an audience that was geographically separated, or worked different shifts. The key component was a functional LMS that could be managed by multiple SME's in multiple locations, but maintained by a corporate T&D team. Lessonly was chosen because of its user-friendly nature, interface, attractiveness, and adult learning theory of the staff. Since we partnered with Lessonly (more than a year ago), it has improved from its already great software to something truly remarkable. It has been a beautiful thing to watch people create and edit training material, as well as engage the content with high-90's positive feedback. Thank you Lessonly!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. Every time we have had a request to improve the function or appearance, Lessonly has answered with a smile and an expected date. Their team is top-notch, and continues to advance the software, learning theory, and their own reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are comfortable with your ability to design lessons and training material from scratch, Lessonly is the right team to go with. It requires a strategic vision and some initiative, but it is great to build training from the ground up. If you are looking to implement someone else's training material or ideas, there may be better solutions.

We had a few large tasks ahead of us when the T&D initiative began. We needed to get the company aligned with a "Driver First" mentality, which mean educating on the history, customs, culture, and SOP's of the company. We also needed to see an increase in driver recruiting; an improvement in customer service; and availability for technology training unique to the company to be enduring. Lessonly answered all of these, which reduced the amount of unproductive classroom time and netted results for the company in whole. As with any change, it took a while to gain momentum with employees...but now it is taking off like a rocket ship!

Lessonly review by Kathy E.
Kathy E.

"Our Education Team Loves Lessonly!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease that I can set up learning Paths. We share our learning topics with internal employees and our clients. The Paths allow me to customize what information I allow each group of learners to see.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a better simulation experience for our learners. The person taking the lesson does not have to type in the correct information to work through the simulation. Not a great learning experience because they cannot experience our error messages that are displayed in our portal when the information is entered incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love using Lessonly because we are able to incorporate all different learning materials for our Clients and internal staff to work with. We have been able to make training available to our clients so they can have a self paced learning experience that they can fit in around their daily work schedule or on their own time.

Lessonly also lets us track the individuals progress and we can quiz them on their product knowledge.

We are able to have multiple departments use Lesson to build out their specific trainings.

Lessonly review by Kathleen D.
Kathleen D.

"Do Better Work... Honestly!"

What do you like best?

While I really like a lot of different aspects about Lessonly, I especially like that our learners are able to provide relevant feedback about how we can improve the lesson, virtual gradebooks for managers and admins, a learning library where information can be stored and reviewed unlimited times if a learner needs a refresher, and automation to assist with continuing education throughout the whole length of the learning process. We've also started to use the Insights feature to help us identify how we can re-evaluate the quality of the lessons, potential gaps in learning, etc.

One final note I'll say about some of the features I like best is the research behind the product. With technology (e.g. spacing of words to help learners read, variety of media to embed, practice/assessments features, etc.) aimed at the variety of ways learners learn, Lessonly really is leaps and bounds superior to other products of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Of all things, I wish there was an "Undo" button when accidently erase my work. I've also had issues with spell check in the platform. I know there are extensions that can be added when using Chrome, but sometimes I worry about making sure I've double and triple checked spelling because it doesn't exist in this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly practices what they preach. The company culture says it's important to "Share before you're ready." The Client Success Team helps you strategize the way to best achieve your organzation's goals and provide excellence in training.

With it's built in technology that helps learners stay engaged, it really does provide incredible features I'd never seen before this platform! Add to that the CEO's dedication to moving the needle in training but also in continuing education (E.g. YellowShip Conference, weekly digests, food for thought, etc.), I really feel like I'm able to push myself to "do better work" too!

Lessonly has helped us extend our reach to provide a more robust training program during new openings and with ongoing training that happens on a daily basis. We are currently in the process of building management training in this platform as well. This will extend our reach to some of our salaried team members in making sure each person receives comprehensive training when beginning with our organization.

Lessonly review by Hope G.
Hope G.

"Lessonly is an AMAZING tool for training in a call center!"

What do you like best?

This tool is extremely easy to train to lesson builders. The administration duties are equally easy to manage. The service team is always ready to advise and support whatever your needs are. The cloud base functionality of the product allows you to capitalize on the upgrades as soon as they are available. Our experience with Lessonly this first year has been outstanding. We are looking forward to a long working relationship together.

What do you dislike?

I would like more reporting functionality on user usage that admins could run rather than having them requested and scheduled. However, the response has been no more than a 24 hour turnaround ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request a demo, view their online page for demos and talk to Lessonly!

We are creating a user learning library that can assist with inbound call traffic questions from callers right at desktop. We plan to expand onboarding training lessons further in 2019.

Lessonly review by David G.
David G.

"A fresh, modern approach to learning software combined with world-class client support."

What do you like best?

We are entering our third year working with Lessonly and the relationship continues to be one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. Lessonly is innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has helped us scale our learning program by giving us an intuitive too for capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. Lessonly support and thought-leadership add to the value they provide through .

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike but more of a challenge: Once you grasp all you can do with Lessonly, it can become tempting to feel like every piece of content should go into Lessonly. It takes time to change mindsets for some with prior experience in older learning and content management systems that, in my opinion, try to do too much.

We've been able to democratize the sharing of knowledge and best practices from subject matter experts throughout our business. This speeds up the flow of information to employees and has empowered people to share their experience and help co-workers. Our Learning and Development team have become more effective at guiding and consulting with partners within our business to train, share knowledge, and help employees apply what they've learned.

Lessonly review by Alyssa F.
Alyssa F.

"Great Product, Even Better Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an easy to use and great looking LMS. Their product alone is excellent, however, my favorite aspect of Lessonly is the excellent customer service I receive from their excellent account rep and services teams, specifically Pierre and Katie!

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I think could be developed further, but, Lessonly is constantly releasing new features, which indicates to me that they're constantly thinking about how to make the product better.

Lessonly provides a single repository for all of our new and existing employees to learn the fundamentals of their job and being an employee at this company, in addition to the resources they need to develop further as an employee.

Lessonly review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"The future is brighter..."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and immediate implementation of the product.

What do you dislike?

Currently somewhat limited analytics and reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a multitude of LMS Software available in the market. Lessonly is designed for pure learning. We did not want to get caught up in all of the badging and gamification side of most LMS software offerings. We needed it to integrate with Salesforce.com which is does very well and we just wanted something simple to use and real easy to implement. We got that from Lessonly.

With our independent contractor sales force, we can not mandate the use of any software. With lessonly, we have created a virtual learning environment that is really easy for them to use and keeps them coming back for more knowledge. It is one place where we can house all of our product and sales process learning material and it allows us to deliver it them on our terms but lets them learn it on theirs.

Lessonly review by Marcel I.
Marcel I.

"My Lessonly Experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to write all kinds of internal help articles with ease, and design them in an aesthetic and fun-to-read way. Also, the Learning Library is amazing.

What do you dislike?

That I can't send notifications via Slack if a User hasn't completed a lesson, or if a new lesson was assigned, etc. And that I can't have user profiles for the employees in my company that are supposed to read this support material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly lets you use it however you want to use it. Either by reading their amazing articles, or by writing your own for internal use.

- Checking up how our Internal articles are handled, done, read.

- Creating new guidebooks for all employees or only for select groups

- Also creating an internal Learning Library with your new feature

- Finding all kinds of helpful lessons to share within the company.

It allows us to share information with ease within the company, after letting us collect and organise it with ease.

Lessonly review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Lessonly brings training into the 21st century and makes it look damn good, too!"

What do you like best?

Even though building and facilitating training is my job, I'm not disillusioned- people don't love taking online training. I've worked with other learning & training software in the past and they've all been incredibly outdated, unintuitive, lacking desired functionality, and to top it off, ugly. Lessonly is a game changer though bringing LMSs into the 21st century! In a world of clunky ducks, Lessonly is an elegant swan. My colleagues never dread taking training in Lessonly because it's smart, it's easy to find what you're looking for, data is getting simpler to pull, and the design is flawless.

What do you dislike?

I've had some beef with the reporting features. It's been hard to find specific, granular information such as "how many total learning library views did we have last month" or "What was searched for on the Learn page?" etc. My account manager, Tanner, solved that by sending me these specific reports manually every month. But Insights has helped a lot and armed me with better information for reporting purposes!

We have security audit and compliance protocols we have to hit. One way Lessonly is helping us is by giving us a centralized training center where we can assign, track, and follow-up on training that NEEDS to be proven to our auditors. Additionally, it's invaluable with our new employees as they're getting onboarded and they can access answers to getting-started questions easily in the onboarding path we've built in Lessonly.

Lessonly review by Rhiannon M.
Rhiannon M.

"Transformative training potential"

What do you like best?

The team at Lessonly have been an absolute pleasure to work with from Day 1 of working with them! They are always well informed and quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help whenever they can. We have received a huge amount of support in researching and creating our first LMS platform, and have already benefited from the wide range of "Lessonly University" courses available to our team. The platform itself was our obvious choice - it came highly recommended, is super user friendly and it has been so easy to get buy in from our leadership team using simple demos to show them how life changing this software is going to be!

What do you dislike?

The few things I would love to see is more variety in the question options, and a way to easily upload audio content into a lesson. However, any "missing" feature or add on that I've noticed in the past has always been happily accepted by our account manager, or addressed really quickly by the team - these guys are always working hard to improve the software and roll out updates!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the people working at Lessonly and learn about their company! The culture there is amazing, and definitely helped us know we were making the right choice of partnering with them.

Our onboarding process and training for new hires has already been impacted by the use of Lessonly! Having the wider team involved as creators has made it really easy for us to build in new content and accelerate the ramp time for new team members. Our training times have already been reduced, and lessons are more interactive - rather than a PDF or printed instruction sheet, people are actually enjoying the training! We are also using Lessonly to provide a variety of personal development content for our team, giving us an opportunity to help them develop key business skills and habits that will help them, their team, and the firm as a whole!

Lessonly review by Nathaniel B.
Nathaniel B.

"Minimalist Design Meetings Functional Learning"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the 'democratization' of learning style of Lessonly implementations. Instead of having all the knowledge and content creation within the HR or Learning functions, Lessonly has a simple interface for any expert or leader to build their own lessons.

What do you dislike?

Many previous LMS systems had elements of tracking classroom events as well. Many of our onsite sessions have an in-person element and we then use Lessonly as a follow-up bit of documentation. A common ask from my executive leadership is to know who attended courses, not just who completed online training. This is likely less of a dislike and more of an ask for the product roadmap. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key ingredient to Lessonly is the support team you work with. Bond with them, ask for their input, and they will lead you to good places.

Lessonly has become one of the main contact points for the HR team. It is already embedded into our HR Team brand and gaining momentum!

Lessonly review by Margaret H.
Margaret H.

"As a client for over two years now, it has been an amazing experience working with Lessonly. "

What do you like best?

I love the collaborative community Lessonly has introduced us to. From folks at Lessonly who care about our user experience and work with us to develop their product to better serve us to the other clients they work with. We’ve made such amazing connections of talent who inspire us and help us grow and strengthen our team.

What do you dislike?

It’s so hard to say. I’d phrase this as “what would I like to see more of” and that’s product demonstrations and continued development and trainings on how to use the tool in new ways. Lucy is awesome and there are so many cool product updates coming but it’s sometimes overwhelming when to use different tools across our lessons.

Our onboarding and training has completely transformed using Lessonly, specifically in our sales and customer experience teams. We’re able to onboard and train a large group of employees without pulling several leaders away from their roles.

Lessonly review by Meagan M.
Meagan M.

"What did I do with my life before Lessonly?"

What do you like best?

constantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!

What do you dislike?

creating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker

Having grown about 3x over the last 18 months, I can day this: If you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, Lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up! Now everyone who onboards has one central location for all our documentation and step-by-step guides that they can come back to reference forevermore. Noticing an uptick in even long-tenured employees forgetting processes? Assign them that lesson as refresher.

Lessonly review by Jared K.
Jared K.

"Manage training like a boss!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly offers us the possibility of creating, assigning, grading and tracking our training for both New Hire classes and On-going Training for our current reps. It also offers an easy to use format that we can share with other departments without extensive pre-training on using the system. It's ease of use allows us to drop new students into it directly with no problem.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that Lessonly offered more access to raw data. Sometimes pulling the specific data and trending info that I need is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, easy to implement. Tracking, lesson creation and grading become so easy once you choose Lessonly.

We have seen a decrease in ramp time for reps hitting the floor (5 weeks down to 3 weeks), an increase in percentage of reps who are hitting departmental goals by the 90 day mark, and a decrease in days to reach departmental goals.

Lessonly review by Amie F.
Amie F.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is both easy to use and very powerful. The lesson builder makes it easy to create sleek and uniform lessons with lots of different content options. Out of all the tools I evaluated, Lessonly had the best lesson builder by far. We have been using it for over a year and we have very high engagement and lots of positive feedback from our users. We also love the analytics tools and gradebook, so we can see how the lessons and our users are performing overall.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able create custom user permissions, or at least have more options for giving access to my managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even a year later we are still excited about Lessonly, and they are actively putting out new awesome features.

We use Lessonly to certify and onboard large numbers of new contractors, as well as ongoing product and process updates for everyone.

Lessonly review by Velvet N.
Velvet N.

"User-friendly interface with massive scalability"

What do you like best?

The simple, easy-to-use interface. I work in a company with people who are not computer savvy. Lessonly has been a breeze for all of our associates. They've been able to log in and navigate around within a matter of minutes. The simplicity is key.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of customization options available. If you're looking for a heavily branded interface, this isn't the LMS for you.

Learning & Development & Communications. We adopted Lessonly for learning & development but have really come to value the repository in the Learning Library. It's so simple to throw any type of company information in there and get it out to everyone quickly and easily.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Innovative Learning Experience for Employee Populations"

What do you like best?

Lessonly offers a clean, intuitive user experience for the learner. The simple design propels learners through materials quickly and efficiently for maximum knowledge retention and lesson completion rates.

What do you dislike?

Lessonly is working on more opportunities for learner interaction beyond the lesson quizzes. I would like to see more knowledge checks and reinforcing quiz options in the near future.

We train employees to be better volunteers in the community, particularly when promoting sport, physical activity, and play for kids. We know that kids are made to play and it is our responsibility to deliver early positive experiences for kids to encourage them to remain active for life.

The Lessonly learning environment allows employees to explore fun yet critical information central to our mission as a company. The learning experience is visually pleasing and easy to use on desktop or mobile.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Great, flexible tool"

What do you like best?

Working for a SaaS business myself, I understand the difficulty of building a one-size-fits-all solution. However, I think Lessonly does a great job of striking the balance of making their solution feature rich, while not too busy. Additionally, their customer support team is very responsive, and they do a good job of announcing new features/functions.

What do you dislike?

The daily "lessons to grade" email is distributed to all administrators, however we have different administrators assigned to specific lessons. Not a huge deal, but often the daily emails aren't relevant to most individuals.

Primarily new hire onboarding. We're doing a lot of hiring, so being able to scale up the process is essential. We're able to use Lessonly to distribute, track and manage trainings, which allows us to get our new employees up to speed much more quickly.

Lessonly review by Rod C.
Rod C.

"As part of or corporate values, we needed to evaluate and increase core competencies. "

What do you like best?

Our Lessonly integration has been seamless. The team at Lessonly are quick to assist with the implementation and actually drive you to succeed. We evaluated several other LMS programs for complexity, price, and ease of use. Lessonly was the clear winner up front and has met expectations in live usage.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor options that I would like to see in the area of weighted scoring, and question (type) options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly is a complete package and doesn't require additional 3rd party s/w like many others. Do your research and you will see that the final price point is actually better when everything is factored.

We are quickly establishing metrics that are allowing customized training to be applied. This has allowed our company to assign the appropriate staff to meet our customers expectations on the first visit.

Lessonly review by Reid M.
Reid M.

"The Best Tool for Training"

What do you like best?

For a training lesson to be effective, it needs to be compelling for the learner. With Lessonly, I can quickly create well designed, high functioning lessons that engage my learners.

What do you dislike?

I've had a really positive experience with Lessonly. There is nothing that I 'dislike'.

My organization needed to train hundreds of individuals that are dispersed across the US. We don't require our learners to complete lessons, but we needed visibility into who completed what lessons when and how well did they acquire the skills(lesson quizzes). Because of Lessonly, we were able to replace costly in-person training with online lessons using Lessonly.

Lessonly review by Brian T.
Brian T.

"Great product for a growing company!"

What do you like best?

The product as delivered exactly as expected! It has been a game changer for our growing organization.

The support from Lesson.ly has been top notch. Every question is met with enthusiasm and with a efficient solution in mind.

On top of that Lessonly creates and shares its own unique content for nearly all departments - HR, Sales, CS, Leadership - you name it and Lessonly has some great material to help your team level up.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. They are always improving features and functionality.

With 3 office and rapid growth we have always struggled delivering updates and training across the organization. Lessonly has allowed us to create great content that is easy to deliver to all new and veteran employees. We now see faster ramp times for new reps, and more consistency across the organization.

Lessonly review by Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.

"Seamless Training for an Efficient Team!"

What do you like best?

I like all of the options that Lessonly provides. There are countless content options, like embedding videos, quizzes, and even video response options. Putting lessons into learning paths is an easy way to organize information and keep people on track.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything! Lessonly has been awesome for our team.

We are using it for on boarding new employees and deeper industry training. Lessonly has helped us because we are in a very niche space. We need all employees to have a deep understanding, and Lessonly helps us ensure that we have many industry experts on the team.

Learn more about Lessonly

Lessonly Videos

Learning about Lessonly?

* We monitor all Lessonly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7