Lessonly

Lessonly

Lessonly helps businesses digitize, distribute, and measure the effectiveness of their training and educational materials.

Work for Lessonly?

Learning about Lessonly?

Lessonly Reviews

Ask Lessonly a Question
Showing 155 Lessonly reviews
Lessonly review by Ron N.
Ron N.

"A training and development team that gets results!"

What do you like best?

We introduced a brand new training initiative to a large trucking company, and one of the demands was the ability to reach an audience that was geographically separated, or worked different shifts. The key component was a functional LMS that could be managed by multiple SME's in multiple locations, but maintained by a corporate T&D team. Lessonly was chosen because of its user-friendly nature, interface, attractiveness, and adult learning theory of the staff. Since we partnered with Lessonly (more than a year ago), it has improved from its already great software to something truly remarkable. It has been a beautiful thing to watch people create and edit training material, as well as engage the content with high-90's positive feedback. Thank you Lessonly!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. Every time we have had a request to improve the function or appearance, Lessonly has answered with a smile and an expected date. Their team is top-notch, and continues to advance the software, learning theory, and their own reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are comfortable with your ability to design lessons and training material from scratch, Lessonly is the right team to go with. It requires a strategic vision and some initiative, but it is great to build training from the ground up. If you are looking to implement someone else's training material or ideas, there may be better solutions.

We had a few large tasks ahead of us when the T&D initiative began. We needed to get the company aligned with a "Driver First" mentality, which mean educating on the history, customs, culture, and SOP's of the company. We also needed to see an increase in driver recruiting; an improvement in customer service; and availability for technology training unique to the company to be enduring. Lessonly answered all of these, which reduced the amount of unproductive classroom time and netted results for the company in whole. As with any change, it took a while to gain momentum with employees...but now it is taking off like a rocket ship!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lessonly
Lessonly review by Kathy E.
Kathy E.

"Our Education Team Loves Lessonly!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease that I can set up learning Paths. We share our learning topics with internal employees and our clients. The Paths allow me to customize what information I allow each group of learners to see.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a better simulation experience for our learners. The person taking the lesson does not have to type in the correct information to work through the simulation. Not a great learning experience because they cannot experience our error messages that are displayed in our portal when the information is entered incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love using Lessonly because we are able to incorporate all different learning materials for our Clients and internal staff to work with. We have been able to make training available to our clients so they can have a self paced learning experience that they can fit in around their daily work schedule or on their own time.

Lessonly also lets us track the individuals progress and we can quiz them on their product knowledge.

We are able to have multiple departments use Lesson to build out their specific trainings.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Lessonly review by Karen  R.
Karen R.

"Excellent platform with even better service"

What do you like best?

The Lessonly platform is very easy to use, but their customer service is where they really shine. Each person I have spoken to is so excited to have us as a client and seems to really care about the success of our platform. I know that I can reach out to my customer success rep at any time and she will get back to me as fast as possible with a thoughtful answer. The Lessonly staff have made the transition from other learning tools very easy and I am excited to continue working with them as we improve rollout.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that sticks out is that I have had some formatting issues when creating a lesson. Bullet points can be a bit tough in the text boxes, but with some patience I have been able to fix them. To go off of that though, I can say that I took videos of the issues with Ilos and my rep sent them to their tech team to be worked on. I feel very responded to by Lessonly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't say enough good things about the service you will receive from the people designated to work with you. From the sales to the support everything is top notch and the team will really make sure you feel comfortable with the product prior to signing on.

We are solving the need for faster, simpler trainings, and the need for data behind the work we are sending out to our teams. Prior to Lessonly we only had Google and various survey platforms to send things to our team. With Lessonly we have been able to get immediate data about the work the team is doing and if they enjoy the platform or not.

Lessonly review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Lessonly is a Lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is versatile, easy to use and innovative. The care and attentiveness of the implementation team (shout out to Katie) and our account manager (shout out to Kelsey) are second to none. I'm the only person at my company that looks after learning and development so their insight, advice, and willingness to help me think strategically when it comes to planning company training have been more valuable than I can put a price tag on.

What do you dislike?

I think with any (fairly) new product there are some features that aren't live yet, however Lessonly's product roadmap is robust and the product team is constantly evaluating ways to improve. I especially love their focus on gathering customer recommendations. They do a great job of incorporating requests or suggestions and for that, I have full confidence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Couldn't recommend this product more!

We are expanding globally every year and with more and more people all over the map, having a centralized place for training and information is critical. Lessonly is allowing us to scale training programs across the board. We use lessonly for new hire orientation, onboarding logistics, people manager training and ongoing employee development.

Lessonly review by Karen P.
Karen P.

"Knowledge Checks and Quick Content Creation "

What do you like best?

Lessonly helps make training a lot more exciting than your average powerpoint presentation. In addition to the ability to effortlessly add content when you need it quickly you can also track learning, easily spot knowledge gaps with an individual or within your team, or simply get a quick verification of understanding/completion check.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I could slice and dice a lot more with the insights. having the ability to clearly create dashboards for an agent on path to complete a single or multiple certifications separate from viewing their overall training would be my dream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something clean and corporate this may not be for you. Lessonly is definitely more relaxed which is something that really works for our team. If you are needing to develop training quickly and get it out the door in an environment with a lot of changes I would highly recommend Lessonly

We desperately needed a cohesive and easy to update onboarding training program. Lessonly has allowed us to duplicate that training quickly across new markets and we have used Lessonly to expand our training in departments other than customer service. It's a tool that became popular very quickly with other teams.

Lessonly review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"A superior LMS for my company"

What do you like best?

Lessonly has an incredibly intuitive interface, and building lessons is a breeze. We primarily use it to onboard new sales and support agents, and the response we've received at having interactive lessons has been very positive. Our agents actually enjoy taking time for training now!

It's also been a lifesaver in our ability to track who's done which training, and how they're doing. WIth their new analytics we can even spot trends, which helps us pinpoint where our training materials could be improved.

What do you dislike?

We'd really like to have a view where we can see at a glance what lessons are included in which group learning libraries. Also, bulk functions - like tagging, adding to learning libraries, etc. That would be a huge time saver.

Lastly, since I'm moving our content creation team over to structured authoring, the ability to include structured content in lessons would be really helpful. Our CCMS is Paligo, and when they release their API, having an integration to bring in structured content would save us a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the UI is super intuitive and the learning curve very easy with Lessonly, you'll still need to focus on how to create effective content - Lessonly is great about providing lots of resources on the most effective ways to structure information in lessons, and their experience managers help you plan your initial roll out, so there is plenty of guidance when you get started to ensure your rollout is successful.

My recommendation is to make sure that the person(s) in charge of developing learning content at your company are passionate about creating usable and interesting content, and they are excited to learn about how people learn and what makes a lesson effective.

first and foremost our onboarding of new agents has been much more successful. We've reduced the time it takes from hire to our agents being fully integrated into their teams by 3 months. The time it takes us to train on new features and integrations has also been reduced significantly.

Ensuring all information is disseminated to all stakeholders is now as easy as checking the lesson overview - no more reaching out to team managers and leads to see who needs training - it's all right there.

It's also given us an easier avenue to collect feedback on how effective our agents think the training is. If there is a confusing passage, or a concept requires further explanation, we know immediately.

Lessonly review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Simplifying Internal Education"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an incredibly intuitive platform. I was able to pick it up immediately, and it is very simple to teach new content creators what to do. Learning Paths have simplified our internal training process, and it will continue to improve as we iterate! They have amazing employees (Hi Lucy and Nick!) who really care about your experience in the platform, and are always ready and willing to help with a strategy session, or a quick support issue.

Also, it can make internal education fun - we really love how easy it is to add gifs and other elements that make the courses more engaging.

Also - the Lessonly conference was amazing! I can't wait for next year!

What do you dislike?

We would love improved gradebook features, or a way to make it really easy to mark individual users as the manager of certain employees. We're currently using an integration with Namely to pull in our Learners information, and that's a great start - but it would be helpful if I could change the management powers based on users in the platform, and not just pull from smart group information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly is already a great platform, and they're constantly improving! Their focus on education is amazing, and it's helping our company greatly.

Our company uses Lessonly to teach all of our internal users about our software platform. From onboarding, to continuing education, to new releases, and marketing use cases, Lessonly is our home for internal training. It's really helped our customer-facing teams (Sales, Success and Support) feel prepared, and helps the product team get the word out company-wide.

Lessonly review by Brandon Q.
Brandon Q.

"An intuitive learning platform with a great support team"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and how quickly their team always is to get back to us on questions we have. Creating an online learning tool was something I was personally new to, and the product just makes it very easy to structure and learning curriculum, load users, make assignments, etc.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to be able to make specific product enhancement suggestions in the future. The best roadmaps for product enhancements are driven by the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to maintain. Excellent internal learning resource. If it's external facing, the only consideration is controls on maintenance (e.g. testing environments don't exist) and a lack of advanced ways to monitor progress of users and create customized analytics. However, everything else is fantastic.

Our company now uses Lessonly for internal onboarding and external training. The benefits are increased bandwidth for resources that would sometimes be having repetitive conversations and the ability to control quality of data flowing to clients.

Lessonly review by Anjeliqueca B.
Anjeliqueca B.

"Amazing client experience and support teams, great implementation and learning experience!"

What do you like best?

Delightful learning experience, easy to create and distribute content and the Lessonly team is a pleasure to work with - they're so helpful!

What do you dislike?

Less flexible pricing based on frequency of use per user. Granular analytics reporting, but the Insights module is a step in the right direction!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While we have very specific metrics we want to track that are missing in Lessonly, we are able to create ad-hoc reports with the data provided in Lessonly. Their team is incredible at listening to our feedback and even letting us try beta features. I can't wait for their product updates since each release creates a better learning and managing experience.

They also have Lessonly University, which is great when you don't know where to start building content! Overall, I would highly recommend depending on your pricing and business needs, but their team is so helpful when it comes to discussing and addressing these needs.

With Lessonly, it's easy to create and dispense learning materials and process/product updates. We also have the ability to track user engagement, scores and content-specific feedback to continually improve our learning material.

Lessonly review by Meganne B.
Meganne B.

"True partners and not just "another vendor""

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive, allowing trainers to build content quickly and push it out to the masses within minutes if needed. Support is world-class, everything from the personal Client Experience Manager to the kind Support folks that help us via web chat when we need some extra eyes. The culture of their organization is very vibrant and is felt in every interaction!

What do you dislike?

Like most companies in the tech space, products are released still needing some development. The silver lining here is that the Product team is always open for feedback and wants to partner with their customers to further develop the product. I have attended several solutioning sessions and feel satisfied that previously given feedback has been - or will be soon - implemented. Reporting isn't the best if you don't have the Salesforce integration, but they have been improving this with their new Insights tab. Instructor-led training is an area of opportunity but they are actively pushing beta programs to develop this.

We originally purchased lessonly to help us tighten up our commercial onboarding experience but have since expanded that reach to include continuing education, departmental messaging, and product training among other things. Benefits include the "metrics behind the learning" - we can clearly see who has consumed material and who has not (and what impact that has had on their performance) - quick time-to-market in the event we need to get something out quickly, and higher engagement with content across the business.

Lessonly review by Maximilien  M.
Maximilien M.

"Lessonly - Built for Tomorrow"

What do you like best?

The platform - digital fulfillment platform for training. It's easy to create lesson on the go - even not in the office. As a content creator the platform is highly user friendly and you do not need any additional type of training to start creating content and assigning to your team. The gradebook is also extremely well done and make it easy to identify key data/indicators. I also like the communication reminders automatically sent to lesson takers.

What do you dislike?

the lack of customization when building lessons if you do not know HTML. It would be nice to have more Happy/Sad faces type of questions too. I wish there would just be more design customization when it comes to creating a lesson - again without having to dive into the html code (text format, colors etc.). Reporting exports could also be improved and offer maybe a better dashboard type of data m.

Recommendations to others considering the product

why would you do your training in any other way :) this is truly a great method to deliver and standardize your training across all platforms.

Training fulfillment . We are trying to improve our training delivery/quality by using Lessonly. We also use Lessonly as a content management tool for our team to have access to procedures and work instructions type of materials. Ultimately, the goal is to provide the onboarding training for our team while providing the continuing education piece to all of our employees.

Lessonly review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"How We Used Lessonly to Grow our Channel to over 700 Partners Nationwide"

What do you like best?

Call me sentimental, but my favorite part of Lessonly are the people, with the actual product as a close second! The team at Lessonly is amazing to work with and the tool they created has been the perfect tool for our company to scale our channel network of solar and sustainable improvement contractors.

What do you dislike?

The tool has historically been built for internal teams, so early on we had some complications utilizing for a Partner network. But since figuring that our, we have had no problems with the tool.

Our business problem was "How to training thousands of partners quickly, and get them up to speed so that they can start selling our product?" Lessonly was the answer. After building our a number of specific trainings and assigning to our new Partners, we quickly found that this was going to be a key tool in our scale.

Lessonly review by Angel-Lee J.
Angel-Lee J.

"LMS done right"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the system. I can build lessons with ease.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything specific that stands out that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a team within your company that is in charge of certain lessons. Don't put everything on one persons shoulders because it can get heavy. When you distribute work it's so easy and seamless that you can get lessons busted out in no time.

We have a lot of employees out in the field and this systems helps reach them with information that they need and that they can take on their own time. this tool has also greatly assisted me with training employees, once a lesson is built I can share it with the appropriate people and that helps free up my schedule because the one lesson is used numerous times instead on me sitting with people for numerous times.

Lessonly review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Changing the way restaurants train team members"

What do you like best?

Training content is streamlined, robust, and comprehensive. Our company is able to distribute new and ongoing training to each team member in a way we could not do before using Lessonly.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not encountered anything I dislike about using Lessonly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more planning you put in on the front end the better. Add on the services package so you have someone helping you along the way. This was especially important for us in the beginning. We would have been lost without the help of the services team.

There is potential for human error while training team members in restaurants. Putting our classrooms into online lessons removed the potential for error. Each new team member is getting the same content needed to make them productive assets on our teams.

Lessonly review by Analena S.
Analena S.

"Payrolll Administrator"

What do you like best?

The people at Lessonly - priceless

Customer Support

Super clean look of the Learning Platform

Very easy to use

The future potential of Lessonly

What do you dislike?

There are some functionalities that are still missing:

I would like to see more reporting capabilities & enhancement to who can assign lessons to employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use training platform with amazing potential and the best people to work with, Lessonly is your answer.

We are using Lessonly to train New Hires and provide ongoing training for our staff. It is extremely beneficial to track who has taken a lesson/training path and avoids keeping track on paper. It also helps employees have a one stop resource for training material to do their day-to--day job better and with more confidence.

Lessonly review by Kathleen D.
Kathleen D.

"Do Better Work... Honestly!"

What do you like best?

While I really like a lot of different aspects about Lessonly, I especially like that our learners are able to provide relevant feedback about how we can improve the lesson, virtual gradebooks for managers and admins, a learning library where information can be stored and reviewed unlimited times if a learner needs a refresher, and automation to assist with continuing education throughout the whole length of the learning process. We've also started to use the Insights feature to help us identify how we can re-evaluate the quality of the lessons, potential gaps in learning, etc.

One final note I'll say about some of the features I like best is the research behind the product. With technology (e.g. spacing of words to help learners read, variety of media to embed, practice/assessments features, etc.) aimed at the variety of ways learners learn, Lessonly really is leaps and bounds superior to other products of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Of all things, I wish there was an "Undo" button when accidently erase my work. I've also had issues with spell check in the platform. I know there are extensions that can be added when using Chrome, but sometimes I worry about making sure I've double and triple checked spelling because it doesn't exist in this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly practices what they preach. The company culture says it's important to "Share before you're ready." The Client Success Team helps you strategize the way to best achieve your organzation's goals and provide excellence in training.

With it's built in technology that helps learners stay engaged, it really does provide incredible features I'd never seen before this platform! Add to that the CEO's dedication to moving the needle in training but also in continuing education (E.g. YellowShip Conference, weekly digests, food for thought, etc.), I really feel like I'm able to push myself to "do better work" too!

Lessonly has helped us extend our reach to provide a more robust training program during new openings and with ongoing training that happens on a daily basis. We are currently in the process of building management training in this platform as well. This will extend our reach to some of our salaried team members in making sure each person receives comprehensive training when beginning with our organization.

Lessonly review by David G.
David G.

"A fresh, modern approach to learning software combined with world-class client support."

What do you like best?

We are entering our third year working with Lessonly and the relationship continues to be one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. Lessonly is innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has helped us scale our learning program by giving us an intuitive too for capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. Lessonly support and thought-leadership add to the value they provide through .

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike but more of a challenge: Once you grasp all you can do with Lessonly, it can become tempting to feel like every piece of content should go into Lessonly. It takes time to change mindsets for some with prior experience in older learning and content management systems that, in my opinion, try to do too much.

We've been able to democratize the sharing of knowledge and best practices from subject matter experts throughout our business. This speeds up the flow of information to employees and has empowered people to share their experience and help co-workers. Our Learning and Development team have become more effective at guiding and consulting with partners within our business to train, share knowledge, and help employees apply what they've learned.

Lessonly review by Alyssa F.
Alyssa F.

"Great Product, Even Better Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an easy to use and great looking LMS. Their product alone is excellent, however, my favorite aspect of Lessonly is the excellent customer service I receive from their excellent account rep and services teams, specifically Pierre and Katie!

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I think could be developed further, but, Lessonly is constantly releasing new features, which indicates to me that they're constantly thinking about how to make the product better.

Lessonly provides a single repository for all of our new and existing employees to learn the fundamentals of their job and being an employee at this company, in addition to the resources they need to develop further as an employee.

Lessonly review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"The future is brighter..."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and immediate implementation of the product.

What do you dislike?

Currently somewhat limited analytics and reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a multitude of LMS Software available in the market. Lessonly is designed for pure learning. We did not want to get caught up in all of the badging and gamification side of most LMS software offerings. We needed it to integrate with Salesforce.com which is does very well and we just wanted something simple to use and real easy to implement. We got that from Lessonly.

With our independent contractor sales force, we can not mandate the use of any software. With lessonly, we have created a virtual learning environment that is really easy for them to use and keeps them coming back for more knowledge. It is one place where we can house all of our product and sales process learning material and it allows us to deliver it them on our terms but lets them learn it on theirs.

Lessonly review by Miranda C.
Miranda C.

"Interactive and Visual Training Resource"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is interactive. I can flip and expand information cards, watch videos and take quizzes all within an easy to view online platform. I can easily assign information to new hires and assess what they have learned.

What do you dislike?

The back-end could allow more font/styling customization. It can be difficult to copy and paste into the admin because it reformats what you have pasted. It would be nice to have the ability to finetune the spacing and bulleting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a way to onboard new employees and keep it as a resource for all. Even if you do not plan on training new hires any time soon, it is a great resource for current hires to make sure that everyone is on the same page for workflows. Employees can refer back to the information again and again without having to ask a superior for an answer to their question.

Training is a breeze. Not only does it help with in-person training, but new hires can learn at their own pace and refer back to their lessons at any time. So, it also becomes a resource.

Lessonly review by Marcel I.
Marcel I.

"My Lessonly Experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to write all kinds of internal help articles with ease, and design them in an aesthetic and fun-to-read way. Also, the Learning Library is amazing.

What do you dislike?

That I can't send notifications via Slack if a User hasn't completed a lesson, or if a new lesson was assigned, etc. And that I can't have user profiles for the employees in my company that are supposed to read this support material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly lets you use it however you want to use it. Either by reading their amazing articles, or by writing your own for internal use.

- Checking up how our Internal articles are handled, done, read.

- Creating new guidebooks for all employees or only for select groups

- Also creating an internal Learning Library with your new feature

- Finding all kinds of helpful lessons to share within the company.

It allows us to share information with ease within the company, after letting us collect and organise it with ease.

Lessonly review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Lessonly brings training into the 21st century and makes it look damn good, too!"

What do you like best?

Even though building and facilitating training is my job, I'm not disillusioned- people don't love taking online training. I've worked with other learning & training software in the past and they've all been incredibly outdated, unintuitive, lacking desired functionality, and to top it off, ugly. Lessonly is a game changer though bringing LMSs into the 21st century! In a world of clunky ducks, Lessonly is an elegant swan. My colleagues never dread taking training in Lessonly because it's smart, it's easy to find what you're looking for, data is getting simpler to pull, and the design is flawless.

What do you dislike?

I've had some beef with the reporting features. It's been hard to find specific, granular information such as "how many total learning library views did we have last month" or "What was searched for on the Learn page?" etc. My account manager, Tanner, solved that by sending me these specific reports manually every month. But Insights has helped a lot and armed me with better information for reporting purposes!

We have security audit and compliance protocols we have to hit. One way Lessonly is helping us is by giving us a centralized training center where we can assign, track, and follow-up on training that NEEDS to be proven to our auditors. Additionally, it's invaluable with our new employees as they're getting onboarded and they can access answers to getting-started questions easily in the onboarding path we've built in Lessonly.

Lessonly review by Rhiannon M.
Rhiannon M.

"Transformative training potential"

What do you like best?

The team at Lessonly have been an absolute pleasure to work with from Day 1 of working with them! They are always well informed and quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help whenever they can. We have received a huge amount of support in researching and creating our first LMS platform, and have already benefited from the wide range of "Lessonly University" courses available to our team. The platform itself was our obvious choice - it came highly recommended, is super user friendly and it has been so easy to get buy in from our leadership team using simple demos to show them how life changing this software is going to be!

What do you dislike?

The few things I would love to see is more variety in the question options, and a way to easily upload audio content into a lesson. However, any "missing" feature or add on that I've noticed in the past has always been happily accepted by our account manager, or addressed really quickly by the team - these guys are always working hard to improve the software and roll out updates!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the people working at Lessonly and learn about their company! The culture there is amazing, and definitely helped us know we were making the right choice of partnering with them.

Our onboarding process and training for new hires has already been impacted by the use of Lessonly! Having the wider team involved as creators has made it really easy for us to build in new content and accelerate the ramp time for new team members. Our training times have already been reduced, and lessons are more interactive - rather than a PDF or printed instruction sheet, people are actually enjoying the training! We are also using Lessonly to provide a variety of personal development content for our team, giving us an opportunity to help them develop key business skills and habits that will help them, their team, and the firm as a whole!

Lessonly review by Nathaniel B.
Nathaniel B.

"Minimalist Design Meetings Functional Learning"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the 'democratization' of learning style of Lessonly implementations. Instead of having all the knowledge and content creation within the HR or Learning functions, Lessonly has a simple interface for any expert or leader to build their own lessons.

What do you dislike?

Many previous LMS systems had elements of tracking classroom events as well. Many of our onsite sessions have an in-person element and we then use Lessonly as a follow-up bit of documentation. A common ask from my executive leadership is to know who attended courses, not just who completed online training. This is likely less of a dislike and more of an ask for the product roadmap. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key ingredient to Lessonly is the support team you work with. Bond with them, ask for their input, and they will lead you to good places.

Lessonly has become one of the main contact points for the HR team. It is already embedded into our HR Team brand and gaining momentum!

Lessonly review by Briana S.
Briana S.

"An integral tool for employee onboarding and continued training"

What do you like best?

Everything! Lessonly is amazing. It's super intuitive and easy to use to build lessons, courses, and quizzes. The features are perfect, I can add silly gifs to lighten up a lesson and break up a large block of text, or an instructional video to show what I just outlined in writing. Lessonly let's me assign lessons and easily see if my team has completed them. It's also super easy for employees to ask questions about something they don't understand in a lesson.

What do you dislike?

The gradebook could be a little more robust. It's not the easiest to see at a glance based on lesson tags, you have to select individual lessons but this doesn't affect me very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have remote teams or are just training and onboarding teams in general, you need Lessonly! It's an amazing product and their entire support and account management team is great.

Most of my team is remote and I don't know how I would have onboarded new employees without Lessonly. I created an entire library of lessons for my team to teach them everything from a large, day-one overview, to very granular, step-by-step processes. We went over the lessons in training along with a few quizzes and activities. Now those lessons are still in the Learning Library and my team can easily reference them as needed.

Lessonly review by Margaret H.
Margaret H.

"As a client for over two years now, it has been an amazing experience working with Lessonly. "

What do you like best?

I love the collaborative community Lessonly has introduced us to. From folks at Lessonly who care about our user experience and work with us to develop their product to better serve us to the other clients they work with. We’ve made such amazing connections of talent who inspire us and help us grow and strengthen our team.

What do you dislike?

It’s so hard to say. I’d phrase this as “what would I like to see more of” and that’s product demonstrations and continued development and trainings on how to use the tool in new ways. Lucy is awesome and there are so many cool product updates coming but it’s sometimes overwhelming when to use different tools across our lessons.

Our onboarding and training has completely transformed using Lessonly, specifically in our sales and customer experience teams. We’re able to onboard and train a large group of employees without pulling several leaders away from their roles.

Lessonly review by Meagan M.
Meagan M.

"What did I do with my life before Lessonly?"

What do you like best?

constantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!

What do you dislike?

creating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker

Having grown about 3x over the last 18 months, I can day this: If you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, Lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up! Now everyone who onboards has one central location for all our documentation and step-by-step guides that they can come back to reference forevermore. Noticing an uptick in even long-tenured employees forgetting processes? Assign them that lesson as refresher.

Lessonly review by Jared K.
Jared K.

"Manage training like a boss!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly offers us the possibility of creating, assigning, grading and tracking our training for both New Hire classes and On-going Training for our current reps. It also offers an easy to use format that we can share with other departments without extensive pre-training on using the system. It's ease of use allows us to drop new students into it directly with no problem.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that Lessonly offered more access to raw data. Sometimes pulling the specific data and trending info that I need is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, easy to implement. Tracking, lesson creation and grading become so easy once you choose Lessonly.

We have seen a decrease in ramp time for reps hitting the floor (5 weeks down to 3 weeks), an increase in percentage of reps who are hitting departmental goals by the 90 day mark, and a decrease in days to reach departmental goals.

"Great Training Tool "

What do you like best?

Lessonly is easy to use for me to create training, and easy to use for my learners as well. It's very easy to create material, and I love that it keeps track of grades/scores from the lessons.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to be an Admin to view the Grade book. It would be helpful to be able to share the grade book with non Admins who are the new hire supervisors.

We did not have a formal training program, and did not have a way to demonstrate that someone was not successful in training. Lessonly has given us a tool to organize and keep track of the content that we've covered in training. By using the grade book, we now have documented scores that can be used in cases where there is a person who is not successful at training, and needs to be reevaluated.

Lessonly review by Amie F.
Amie F.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is both easy to use and very powerful. The lesson builder makes it easy to create sleek and uniform lessons with lots of different content options. Out of all the tools I evaluated, Lessonly had the best lesson builder by far. We have been using it for over a year and we have very high engagement and lots of positive feedback from our users. We also love the analytics tools and gradebook, so we can see how the lessons and our users are performing overall.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able create custom user permissions, or at least have more options for giving access to my managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even a year later we are still excited about Lessonly, and they are actively putting out new awesome features.

We use Lessonly to certify and onboard large numbers of new contractors, as well as ongoing product and process updates for everyone.

Lessonly review by Velvet N.
Velvet N.

"User-friendly interface with massive scalability"

What do you like best?

The simple, easy-to-use interface. I work in a company with people who are not computer savvy. Lessonly has been a breeze for all of our associates. They've been able to log in and navigate around within a matter of minutes. The simplicity is key.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of customization options available. If you're looking for a heavily branded interface, this isn't the LMS for you.

Learning & Development & Communications. We adopted Lessonly for learning & development but have really come to value the repository in the Learning Library. It's so simple to throw any type of company information in there and get it out to everyone quickly and easily.

Lessonly review by Reid M.
Reid M.

"The Best Tool for Training"

What do you like best?

For a training lesson to be effective, it needs to be compelling for the learner. With Lessonly, I can quickly create well designed, high functioning lessons that engage my learners.

What do you dislike?

I've had a really positive experience with Lessonly. There is nothing that I 'dislike'.

My organization needed to train hundreds of individuals that are dispersed across the US. We don't require our learners to complete lessons, but we needed visibility into who completed what lessons when and how well did they acquire the skills(lesson quizzes). Because of Lessonly, we were able to replace costly in-person training with online lessons using Lessonly.

Lessonly review by Brian T.
Brian T.

"Great product for a growing company!"

What do you like best?

The product as delivered exactly as expected! It has been a game changer for our growing organization.

The support from Lesson.ly has been top notch. Every question is met with enthusiasm and with a efficient solution in mind.

On top of that Lessonly creates and shares its own unique content for nearly all departments - HR, Sales, CS, Leadership - you name it and Lessonly has some great material to help your team level up.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. They are always improving features and functionality.

With 3 office and rapid growth we have always struggled delivering updates and training across the organization. Lessonly has allowed us to create great content that is easy to deliver to all new and veteran employees. We now see faster ramp times for new reps, and more consistency across the organization.

Lessonly review by Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.

"Seamless Training for an Efficient Team!"

What do you like best?

I like all of the options that Lessonly provides. There are countless content options, like embedding videos, quizzes, and even video response options. Putting lessons into learning paths is an easy way to organize information and keep people on track.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything! Lessonly has been awesome for our team.

We are using it for on boarding new employees and deeper industry training. Lessonly has helped us because we are in a very niche space. We need all employees to have a deep understanding, and Lessonly helps us ensure that we have many industry experts on the team.

Lessonly review by Amy H.
Amy H.

"Great customer service, easy-to-use platform!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly's team of forward-thinking, customer-focused experts is always coming up with something new to improve the already-great user experience! The platform itself is clean and straightforward, and building Lessons is absurdly easy!

What do you dislike?

There truly is nothing I dislike about Lessonly. I have had ZERO negative experiences, with the platform itself and with the customer success team.

Lessonly gives our team a central knowledge repository, and is a great way to tie our geographically-diverse team together. We have an onboarding series that helps new team members get up to speed quickly on our industry, our history, and guiding principles.

Lessonly review by Harry W.
Harry W.

"The least "corporate" and most "human" services team"

What do you like best?

The Lessonly team was great from all perspective, they have been really professional, patient, willing to listen and able to proactively advise and provide sufficient support to all of our needs from the intro of the products to implementation.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, after a year of engagement with Lessonly...Just not very easy to find something we are not happy with, they are very cool people.

We have teams in different continents, countries around the world, where on-boarding trainings, technical intros, policy education and publish requires a hell lot of work involved with very less productivity. Lessonly was able to address all our concerns and issues with an interactive on-line training platform, that drives engagement up significantly. Most important, tracking of progress and analytical reports are way easy for anyone needs it.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Good Platform for Teaching"

What do you like best?

Easy format to follow through lessons, and powerful tools to get what you want. It allowed me to hand out a lot of content to my team(s) with very little effort. Creating lessons is EASY

What do you dislike?

I don't like the UI of handing out lessons. I wish there were more metrics that I could break out and print off

Recommendations to others considering the product

It take a little time to get rolling, and we have a dedicated team. But it's definitely something that has improved the way we train and keep track of how things are going.

Lots of different departments spread out, this tool allows us to make different paths for different people that all can get the same learning objective completed. Easy to use, easy to keep tabs on.

Lessonly review by Erika M.
Erika M.

"Lessonly Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to to be able to easily complete "assignments" for work. I also appreciate the way in which Lessonly is set up; it is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I would say I dislike about Lessonly thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to utilize all of Lessonly' features, as there are some we are just discovering and starting to implement. I use Lessonly at both of my jobs, and it is used differently at each one.

We are using Lessonly to complete professional development assignments. This is an easy way to assign these trainings and also to keep track of who has and has not completed specific assignments.

Lessonly review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Democratize Your Learning Development"

What do you like best?

Lessonly makes it easy for anyone to create learning content that can be easily delivered and tracked. Lessonly is easy to administer.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to build more interactions and more complete SCORM integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a tool that lets you create and track learning, Lessonly is the tool for you.

Lessonly allows all of our leadership to quickly develop and deploy learning content. This has made rolling out changes and onboarding more efficient and effective.

Lessonly review by Heather G.
Heather G.

"I heart lessonly."

What do you like best?

Lessonly makes the distribution of learning content easy. With a good strategy, we can create a lesson, distribute globally, and assess within an hour, if needed. It's intuitive and it allows you to focus on the content creation versus the technology to deliver the learning.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much. I'd say some formatting nuances when in the lessons creating and maybe some granular reporting but overall it provides a solution for our learning distribution needs.

We leverage lessonly to scale onboarding content to our Commercial team and also ongoing training ad hoc. Speed to value with Lessonly has been tremendous. We aren't living within excel docs, we can track progress, hold teammates accountable, and get immediate feedback on our learning content.

Lessonly review by Stacey M.
Stacey M.

"Lesson.ly - My Training Platform "

What do you like best?

The ability to ensure new information is read, addressed and responded to along with a shareable library and the ability to easily see who is behind is what keeps us as supportive clients. You may see limited customization ability, but I see a streamlined process that is not convoluted and can easily add in your own style.

What do you dislike?

I would like some of the features to have a more realistic cost, especially for smaller companies with less than 500 employees.

Able to track the progression of staff located at multiple locations across the U.S & Canada, as well as gain feedback all through the same platform. There are many benefits and ways to utilize this platform, making it even more beneficial.

Lessonly review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Exactly what we were looking for. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to not only create specific lessons that people have to go through sequentially but also having a content library available for anyone at any time to go in and get a refresher.

What do you dislike?

There is ALOT you can do. At times can feel a bit overwhelming. That being said, their customer support is very good and are helping us create lessons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't already have your lessons planned out, it can be very time consuming to start creating your own lessons. Be sure to ask your rep for help. They have many standard templates to choose from to help get started. If you really need a jumpstart you can hire one of their consulstants to help you plan out and build the courses.

Training, refresher courses, content library.

Lessonly review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"We love Lesson.ly!"

What do you like best?

It’s so easy to use. It’s searchable, so it’s easy to find information you need. And you can separate lesson groups by team or role within the company.

What do you dislike?

The way you must click through every page of the lesson to get to a certain part. I wish there was a table of contents for each page of the lesson so you could skip pages on lessons you’ve already taken in full.

We often have vendors come and host product knowledge sessions. They always bring packets of info, and that can get overwhelming to have at your desk. Lesson.ly gives us an online searchable database of all of those packets that we can reference when selling for customers.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Incredibly user-friendly & great tool for housing all of our training materials"

What do you like best?

We now orient new hires using Lessonly. It's saved valuable time for our managers who can now focus on what they do best, managing their teams.

What do you dislike?

It can be repetitive if you sit at the computer going through lesson after lesson, but we've found a way to intermix Lessonly with face-to-face training that works for us and our new hires

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is time-consuming. There is a lot on the user end to implement, but Lessonly is incredibly organized to help alleviate some of the pain.

Time and communication. Lessonly is now the centralized location to house all of our training/learning materials. Now that we use it, I'm not sure what we did without it all this time.

Lessonly review by Katie N.
Katie N.

"Collaboratice and scalable!"

What do you like best?

It’s super easy to use! I can give anyone in my organization creator roles and they can jump right in. No extensive training needed!

What do you dislike?

Its hard to manage onboarding and offboarding, as SSO is limited in what attributes it brings in. Especially if you use smart groups. I also find that it’s difficult to remember to share ownership with other managers in order for them to assign content. Its very manual.

We are solving complex problems quicker through education.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and streamlined new hire training "

What do you like best?

Lessonly has made it easy to standardize and streamline training for new hires. What used to take hours away from our management team now is easy to roll out globally. We can ensure consistent quality across multiple offices and have an easy way to see which of our team members is "getting the point" on certain topics and who needs more help.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to Lesson completion, but difficult to assess an individual's performance holistically without clicking around endlessly. Would love a "report card" feature to assess individual members of my team and provide additional training as necessary.

We hire in cohorts throughout the year, and we make a big effort to ensure that all new hires are receiving the same training. Before Lessonly, this was done locally by regional managers. This is a big time investment for some of our key people, and had the potential to produce very different results due to experience levels.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Lessonly: Easy to Use LMS that is well priced"

What do you like best?

Ease of use shortens development time and increases productivity. Learning content is always available to the Learner as a reference resource. The Lessonly platform supports access from any device, using any browser, at any time, anywhere. The support that the staff at Lessonly provides is excellent. No matter who I need to work with at Lessonly, I find knowledgeable and friendly support.

What do you dislike?

Needs better group management reporting. The Report Card reporting feature needs more summary information (e.g. For a Group but by Learner: Number of Lessons Assigned, Number of Lessons Completed, Number of Lessons Not Completed, Number of Lessons Overdue, and Number of Lessons Completed but Not Assigned). You can copy lessons but you can't copy Paths (courses).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly is simple to use for all users: learners, content creators, administrators. Also, consider partnering with iLos for your video content.

Client software application training that is accessible anywhere, on any device, at the learner's convenience. Provides a reference resource that can be a Users Guide on steroids.

"Lessonly Admin Review"

What do you like best?

The Customer Success team is very helpful and responsive. The team takes feedback and quickly implements the improvements I've suggested. Their "Transformation team" is very good at taking content pieces and transforming them into very straightforward lessons with minimal direction from our team.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is still relatively simple. It would we nice to get a bit of deeper analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you assign lesson experts that are bought into the LMS and will keep the content up to date.

Training content is centralized and helps keep onboarding consistent. We used to have problems with our new hire trainings not being repeatable, but Lessonly allows us to direct new hires to a single platform where they can go back through the content from their in-person sessions and reinforce the knowledge they gained. The assessments at the end of each lesson allow us to verify that they have gotten the important material out of the lesson, which helps us address any areas they missed and cuts down their ramp-up time.

Lessonly review by Consultant

"User-friendly way to communicate"

What do you like best?

The user interface is extremely easy and I love the what you see is what you get set-up. It makes it easy to see the end product. While understanding the best practices for lesson creation is helpful, the actual creation doesn't take any special training. And I love the learning library which makes all lessons easily available for those looking for a reference.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to get the content built. While I appreciate the available lessons that can be transferred over, there aren't many that are directly applicable. I would Lessonly U to have lessons on things like email and phone etiquette.

We are streamlining our onboarding, reducing the time it takes to bring new hires up to speed. We are also able to create easily accessed lessons for topics that take a lot of training or are topics that we have a lot of questions about.

Lessonly review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"Educational"

What do you like best?

Step by Step program that teaches anyone regardless of educational level.

What do you dislike?

The setting up and compiling information can get a bit confusing when leaving and returning to edit version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful and helps maintain employee retention

Training. Our company benefits from lessonly training which covers a huge are of time and money previously spent on actual group presentations which some applicants did not fully understand the function of their job

Lessonly review by Andrew N.
Andrew N.

"Great People | Great Software"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the customer service I receive as a Lessonly customer. Lessonly's Client Experience Managers are not only knowledgeable and accessible, but also enjoyable! In addition to customer service, Lessonly has developed a one-of-a-kind software. This LMS is different than any other because lessons are easy to create, assign, and take. Lessonly has created an experience with the learner in mind - so that meaningful learning really happens. Lessonly has helped our team at FirstPerson in significant ways!

What do you dislike?

One element of Lessonly that can be challenging is motivating our team to keep lessons updated. While I know Lessonly is working on a review process to help manage this, it is currently not in place.

One problem we are working to solve is that information is often stored in silos - where some people are in the know and others are not. With Lessonly, we are working to solve this problem so that information is understood and shared more effectively. This has already helped us to reduce the number of emails and meetings, and it will continue to move us in the right direction.

Lessonly review by Kathryn D.
Kathryn D.

"Worth the Investment!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is so user friendly! It's easy to create training modules and track training needs.

What do you dislike?

N/A - The support has been fantastic from the Lessonly team and the product is great.

We have definitely seen a reduction in overall training time - as much as 65%! Our associates are receiving consistency in the message that is being delivered which equates to fewer errors in production and process.

"Best LMS in the game"

What do you like best?

Lessonly's UI and Support are unmatched.

The team at Lessonly are responsive, clever and helpful.

Their user interface is simple, elegant and provides enough choice for variation without overwhelming the use with choice.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have more user data on grades, time spent on each page, time spent in quizzes, time spent in practice features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strategize your naming configurations and norms before you begin migrating your library. Also, utilize the smart group features. They will save tremendous amounts of time in the end.

We use Lessonly for many things. Ongoing training, new-hire onboarding, practice, QA, and process training, etc.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"We are so much into Lessonly"

What do you like best?

Lessonly's show up helps us a lot on solving this problem. Its interface is super easy to user and we don't even need to train our employee on how to use it. Love it!

What do you dislike?

We have bunch of sales employees who work in remote Africa and they don't have computer to access Lessonly. It would be better if Lessonly develops an app so that our sales employee can be trained wherever they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good online learning platform which is efficient and easy to use

We are using Lessonly to train our after sales team. Before Lessonly, our training manager will fly to each our site offices once a month to conduct training. It's slow and low efficient. After using Lessonly, we can train them whenever we want and they can also review the lesson in Lessonly.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Simple and adaptable learning management tool"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is a learning management software, where your team is entirely responsible for creating the content (with the exception of some limited content you can buy). It is very easy to use and rarely have I needed to train my staff members on either creating content or completing a lesson - the intuitive nature and clean feel of the product is very helpful as a lot of LMS products feel stuffy. I like the new pathways feature and the auto-assign tool because we can put a lot of our training on auto-pilot, especially for new hires. The Lessonly staff have always been top notch and truly customer focused.

What do you dislike?

If content is reassigned incorrectly, it can be hard to access completion logs that may be needed for training audits. This happened to us - fortunately Lessonly helped us recover data, but it had to be done on the backend and was a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a product with lots of pre-built content. It is a nimble and easy way to deliver learning modules to employees, but requires legwork in the creation of materials. Companies will get out of it what they put into it - it is a tool for implementing a solution, but not the solution.

Decentralized training creation with a centralized place to find content. We've been able to standardize new hire training, particularly for our sales team.

Lessonly review by Ali G.
Ali G.

"Makes it very easy to learn new procedures. "

What do you like best?

It such an easy way to learn new procedures and almost makes training fun. I really love that there are sometimes quizzes at the end to make sure we're understanding the information being taught.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I've had any bad experiences with Lessonly yet. It's all been very straightforward.

It is the easiest way to learn trainings. This way instead of it all being verbal communication, it is visual, which is much easier for me to grasp. Plus, I can always look back and reference it if need be.

Lessonly review by Angel B.
Angel B.

"Lessonly is Amazing for our Company "

What do you like best?

Having one place to go to for all of our questions and use as our library of reference has been a game changer for our Company. We’ve been able to reduce training time by half and scale our growth much quicker because of Lessonly!

What do you dislike?

It’s a bit spendy for a start up company

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s so incredibly easy to use!

Scalability and training

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Lessonly allows us to create training at the speed of business. "

What do you like best?

Too many things I like.... the Customer Service has been amazing. Gradebook & Insights... very quickly I can get a snapshot of the engagement of my learners... how they're doing, what they're looking at, etc.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is not having the ability to customize the look of my paths. That would be huge.

We're developing products with quick turn times... we need to get our remote teams trained and up to speed on new products BEFORE they hit the market. Lessonly allows use to build comprehensive training quickly and get it to our teams.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Assists us in achieving our goals"

What do you like best?

Lessonly is an easy to learn, intuitive product for all involved: administrators, authors and most importantly the learner (end user in our case). The new screen recording feature is fabulous.

What do you dislike?

If there was anything on the wish list it would be more robust reporting. How many times did it take the user to answer the question correctly? how long did it take?

Providing a consistent educational experience for a contact center of 150 across four locations. It's hard to carve out/dedicate time off the phone, and Lessonly helps deliver an on demand experience that fits in our schedule.

Lessonly review by Jared A.
Jared A.

"Great LMS Fit"

What do you like best?

We set out to find a Learning Management System that would allow us to provide educational resources to both on premise and remote workers. We also wanted to archive content so that it could later be used as a reference, and re-watched as needed. Lesson.ly came through as a great fit. As a bonus, it's got a great, intuitive interface that has enabled folks from throughout our company to create lesson's without the need for a lot of training on creating lessons. It came with the simplicity of an intuitive interface, and the flexibility of an LMS that fit our current needs very well! In addition, Lesson.ly's team has done a phenomenal job of supporting us. I look at them more of a partner than a traditional vendor.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to pick something I dislike about Lesson.ly. I really haven't hit anything that we've needed where Lesson.ly hasn't been able to help us through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lesson.ly does a great job offering trials. I'd recommend taking advantage of that and creating a lesson or two, then have someone go through the Lesson to get their feedback. Getting your hands on the product really makes a big difference in deciding how it might fit within your organization.

We solved our need for an organized, tracked learning management system. We also found a solution that's flexible in that it's friendly to any viewing environment (Desktop, Mobile, etc.). The intuitive interface gave us the opportunity to quickly deploy the solution without training folks on how to use it. We've improved our educational content, tracking, and processes significantly since implementing Lesson.ly!

Lessonly review by McKenna A.
McKenna A.

"We love Lessonly!"

What do you like best?

Our accounts manager, Kelsey, has been so helpful. She's given us access to beta tools that have helped immensely. Truly has been so great to work with her!

What do you dislike?

The content & people pages are hard to maneuver and bulk edit.

We're scaling a large remote network, and Lessonly has been PARAMOUNT in getting it rolling

Lessonly review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Great tool for lesson design"

What do you like best?

Easy to build courses, built-in assessment tools.

What do you dislike?

No in app lesson planning tools are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan for how you will build your lesson before you start building it.

We use Lessonly for software training. It's a great tool for distributing information to users and then evaluating their understanding of that information.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Awesome Program for Helping Employees Learn and Retain!"

What do you like best?

So many things but 1 - super easy to add lessons and edit as needed; 2 - super easy for users to access; 3 - great reporting ability; 4- easy to have managers help create lessons; 5- works on all platforms,

It's been really easy to train new creators and employees have given us great feedback on this program.

What do you dislike?

nothing - great product and they are super responsive. If you need help, Lessonly gets back to you ASAP

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy to implement and super easy to use. Highly recommended

We had to train remote employees as well as make sure that the correct information was being disseminated and retained by all employees. We use it not only for training, but for communication.

Super flexible -- highly recommended.

Lessonly review by Sharalyn C.
Sharalyn C.

"Consistently Impressed!"

What do you like best?

It is intuitive and support is super helpful and fun!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to navigate to different lessons. I have started opening a couple tabs when editing.

It allows us to train and update our staff. It also allows us to see who is doing their work and sends out reminders.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Helping us scale and grow!"

What do you like best?

The product’s ease of use tops my list. It is very intuitive, functional, and has a simple but attractive design.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had ability to playback recordings from the files (that I assign) at a faster speed. Grading these videos, so that I can provide better coaching, is something that takes too long on its own.

Scaling and getting consistent information in all of our field offices. This has allowed us a better way to start getting consistent training on the same ideas across all offices.

"Wonderful Learning Platform!"

What do you like best?

Lessonly has proven to be a Wonderful Learning Platform for our company. It is simple to use which leads to well developed, detailed lessons created for our team.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike, but a few items we are working with Lessonly to possibly improve. Lessonly has been extremely receptive to our suggestions and recommendations for updates/changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you dedicate the correct number of personnel to set up, run, and manage your lessonly program to ensure you are getting the most out of the experience for your company.

Lessonly allows us to train new employees, provide professional development, incorporate new clients (along with their requirements) into our work environment quite easily, and ensures we can also maintain routine company wide re-occurring training needs.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"A great digital learning platform that tailors to all learning types"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of Lessonly. It gives you the tools to customize the learning experience exactly how you see fit. Images, video, flip cards, text and questions are all available as tools.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is there is not much freedom to change text. You can't for example change font colors to highlight something as particularly important.

Lessonly has served as a great refresher tool in our company. Employees are able to access Lessons as a refresher on topics in order to stay informed.

Lessonly review by Glenn E.
Glenn E.

"Has made a huge difference to our learning and development process."

What do you like best?

Lesson.ly is easy and simple to use, it's got a great interface that makes creating courses as quick as possible and it has a pretty unique simple interface to end users which we've found makes them much more likely to complete a course properly. The support is great - the team at Lesson.ly is really hungry and responsive and they really jump to help.

What do you dislike?

It's a young product so there are some features not yet built out - we like it a lot but we'd love it to do more. I'd love to see more testing / exams than currently offered and better management of large numbers of users.

I'd like to see further development of the admin panel and the admin options - although they have made some good progress in this area lately. Overall they are listening and working on constant development of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a really big LMS then this isn't for you, but if you want something light and small and good at the basics of online learning then it's pretty lovely. Just evaluate it and I hope it works for you too.

With 300 employees growing at 20 per month we're always training and on-boarding. Lesson.ly has allowed us to structure repeatable online learning and allocate courses to employees easily.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Great product, fast development, responsive support!"

What do you like best?

Lesson.ly has come a long way in the 4 years I've been using it. The speed of development is impressive: every other week I feel like there are great new features that make it easier to use and organize information.

What do you dislike?

I would like more alerting functionality to alert me/the training manager at timed intervals when an assignment due date is approaching, when an assignee is overdue, etc. I would also like more flexibility with the quiz questions, such as the ability to ask questions about images or prompt the learner to correctly select an item on/from an image.

Super helpful for organizing knowledge, measuring information retention, and ensuring that team members really absorb and understand updates in our rapid-change support environment.

Lessonly review by Administrator

"Easy implementation, user-friendly and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

We implemented the system rapidly, allowing our Learners to realize value within a few weeks. From the beginning, the customer service has been outstanding. The functionality is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a "formula editor" that supports scientific notation (similar to MS Word). Without this functionality, we have to create the content in MS Word and then take a screen print and upload the screen print.

Lessonly allows many departments to contribute content and to share knowledge across the organization.

Lessonly review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Great for MicroLearning and Information Retention!"

What do you like best?

The Lesson.Ly system is great for MicroLearning. I can come up with small detailed lessons and have a Quiz at the end to make sure the learners are grasping the information effectively. I also enjoy how attentive the staff is. They are always available to help and answer questions. If I could grade the team itself......A+!

What do you dislike?

There is no much that I dislike. I wish there was an easier way to get videos into the software without having to use a public URL. My company has a lot of proprietary software, and we would prefer it not to be on the internet for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lesson.Ly is great and the staff is great. if you move forward with the product, don't back down from asking questions. If you come up with an idea or thought, pass it along, as a lot of times they are already working on something similar.

We use Lesson.Ly mostly for New Hire Training. Before implementing Lesson.Ly we were unable to make sure our New Hires were completing homework assignments. Its important that whatever was learned in the classroom that day, is reviewed that night so information retention is at its peak.

Lessonly review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"WOW!"

What do you like best?

How simply yet dynamic the software is. It's truly amazing how quickly you can create a dynamic lesson with ease. Lesson.ly also gives you the ability to take the dread our of learning. We create fun lessons that are full of content & educational.

What do you dislike?

Gun to head, I'd have to say email customization. It would be nice to personalize some emails before they are sent out with an assigned lesson.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We found out the hard way with our previous LMS tool, but you need to know where your roadblocks will be. Having one person creating content was a huge mistake. Lesson.ly gives you the ability to have multiple creators all creating content at the same time. Having new lessons to push out to the team monthly has really helped our training program grow.

Communication between departments & implementation of workflows/processes. We are a technology company that works with several different software that are constantly being updated. Each update has the potential to change our process or workflow. We are able to create training lessons & update them when needed.

Lessonly review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Cornerstone for Growth"

What do you like best?

Lessonly allows for all associated with a company to have access to trainings, information, and updates with little to no hurtles to jump through.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, there are technical issues within Lessonly that can delay the updating of information or flow of trainings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a platform that will allow for a variety of ways to create informative courses or specific training courses, you won't be disappointed with this product. It allows for the use of a variety of means of expression such as video, voice, screen recording, and text.

Widespread information and updated training are allowing those who need access to the information a quick, secure means of accessing this information without the need for multiple platforms and passwords.

Lessonly review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Lesson.ly has been great for us!"

What do you like best?

Lesson.ly has been very easy for us to pick up and use throughout our organization. Training has received very good feedback about the courses and their delivery. People find it easy to use and like learning in this way.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I would like to see, like being able to record voice-overs right in the slide set-up. I would also like to be able to customize the lesson announcement email.

As a company with many people working remotely, we needed a solution that would enable them to receive training without having to fly in for classroom sessions. We've also got a very busy workplace, so finding time for classroom sessions, or virtual ILT training is a challenge. This is a perfect solution for us.

Lessonly review by patrick m.
patrick m.

"Lessonly is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Flexibility in organizing types of lessons, ease of creation and interface flexibility for new users

What do you dislike?

We would like to use it to do employee evaluations, but this is too cumbersome.

Documenting company protocols and policies as well as communicating technical and best practices .

Lessonly review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Lesson.ly Success"

What do you like best?

Before Lesson.ly, I had to use our WIKI to try to load learning materials and hope that people read them and used them well, but I had no way to check for that, hold people accountable and track learning progress. With Lesson.ly, I can do all of those things with ease and customize my content for our learning needs and startup culture.

What do you dislike?

I'd like there to be the learning library so that I don't have to assign content to individuals and teams, which they are already working on adding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size and divisions in your organization. Lesson.ly is great for a company about our size and I believe it will grow as we grow. One of the things I like about it is that it is not complicated. It's not overcrowded with a lot of excess courses like other LMSs I've used over the years. You build out what you want. Just remember to check your content to ensure if you have existing external content, it will embed as needed to allow for easy tracking and one location for your materials. It can be an easy fix if you run into something that doesn't allow itself to embed in Lesson.ly but it is something to be aware of and is often the fault of the 3rd party and not Lesson.ly itself.

Accountability was key for us along with communication. Lesson.ly has allowed us to communicate updates to process and procedures easier than before and to check for understanding with quizzes so that managers can follow up and coach individually as needed.

Lessonly review by Erica K.
Erica K.

"TurnKey Vacation Rentals loves using Lesson.ly"

What do you like best?

Lesson.ly has been a great fit for TurnKey and our recent staffing growth. We are able to efficiently train our new hires, as well as implement change management in a very trackable way, thus ensuring that all process changes have been adopted by the entire team. Lesson.ly's staff have been extremely helpful with any questions we have along the way. We would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking to enhance or develop their training program.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Lesson.ly had a better integration to SalesForce. This may be something that we need to develop more on our end but I would love to see assignments transfer into cases that are "closed" when completed. I envision a system where a new user could go into "My Cases" and all of the assignments are in there, with due dates.

I would say that the biggest benefit to implementing Lesson.ly was decreasing the time spent with our subject matter experts needed during the on-boarding process. Since our new hires are now able to read our materials prior to Day 1, they are ready to "jump in" and apply what they have learned in the online training so that our conversations they are having in class are at a much higher level. Thank you, Lesson.ly.

Lessonly review by Jeff A.
Jeff A.

"Lesson.ly is AWESOME!!!"

What do you like best?

Lesson.ly is simple, intuitive, and provides everything you need in a training platform. It allows you to very simply create your own training content, add videos, images, etc. and then has a great assignment features that allow managers to take control and interact with their direct reports to assign the training lessons that make most sense for each person.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The only thing that is missing is making some lessons available to anyone who is logged in without having a manager assign the lesson. However, I know that this feature is coming soon in the fall of 2015.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. They are great people to work with and you can do a trial to make sure Lesson.ly is for you.

We are a company that is scaling fast, so we need a platform that allows us to create custom training content so that we can bring new hires up to speed quickly, so they can be more effective in their job functions and within the company. Lesson.ly is allowing us to do this, we are just getting started with it, so we don't yet have too many result metrics to share.

Lessonly review by User

"Lessonly for Continued development"

What do you like best?

I love how interactive it is and easy to navigate. We were recently given access to a gradebook view that allows me to track my team's completion in a super easy and accessable way.

What do you dislike?

At times I wish the feedback component at the end was not added to certain lessons as they aren't always necessary.

We have a large sales team that goes through training at different times but can benefit from refreshers. Lessonly is one of the best ways for us to be able to make sure everyone has access to the same information and I can track how often they are accessing it which is a game changer as far as time management goes.

Lessonly review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Great tool for documentation and training"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the product. We use to document new processes and update the current processes we have. You can easily update, create and disperse your information.

What do you dislike?

The items I would have liked to be able to use I believe are in a new product release this August.

Process documentation. New hire training.

The benefits are having a place that can be easily accessed our companies procedures and information that needs to be shared company wide.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Good tool for onboarding new employees"

What do you like best?

I like the hierarchy of teams, who can be assigned courses with various lessons. It's helpful when managing people across an organization who need to know different things.

What do you dislike?

We have had trouble with permissions for some of the middle roles (like "Manager"). Because of this, I've had to give several people "Admin" access, which makes me nervous.

Lessons are linear, which means that it's helpful to run through from beginning to end, but not helpful if you want a quick reference guide.

We use this to document training materials for new employees.

"Transform your Training"

What do you like best?

This platform is easy to use. Simple and quick to learn and create content for a fast paced company.

What do you dislike?

The most challenging part of Lessonly is ensuring all the content is in bite size pieces for a learner to be able to grasp.

This has solved our issue with training new staff and ensuring that all training is consistent across the team. It also allows for new processes to be quickly administered and learned by our team.

Lessonly review by Victor T.
Victor T.

"Great for onboarding new employees "

What do you like best?

Great all in one place to onboard new employees. Very intuitive interface and easy to follow and understand lessons.

What do you dislike?

A place where you can give feedback to HR or your team about certain questions on quizzes. Its almost too simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very simple LMS we only use it for on boarding, company overview, and product quizzes for our company. I am not sure what other capabilities and customization Lessonly has but its very straightforward and simple to use.

Onboarding employees and HR training with quizzes and company overview.

Lessonly review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Stay Organized with Lessonly"

What do you like best?

I used Lessonly to develop a variety of employee trainings and orientation plans. I started using Lessonly during my HR courses in college and after graduation I carried Lessonly with me into the workplace. I kept using the program because it's very user friendly and easy to navigate. I had no training prior to using the product but that wasn't a problem because it was easy to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to provide negative Feedback on Lessonly. While I was using the program there wasn't anything that stuck out to me as needing to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning a project or you need to develop a training program or curriculum Lessonly is the right tool for you. It's very easy to use!

I have used this software successfully to develop employee trainings and orientations. A great benefit is that it's web based so you can access the program from any computer.

"Teach yourself 2018"

What do you like best?

I love how lessonly simplifies organizing large amounts of information and makes onboarding employees and customers easy and fun!

What do you dislike?

Lessonly is not great as database or resource center, especially if you have longer lessons. I'd recommend using a different platform if you want to have easy access to all the information for quick reference.

Lessonly helped us to expedite onboarding new employees and educate our customer base more efficiently, giving them a self-driven resource to educate them on our software.

Lessonly review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for internal training"

What do you like best?

As an end user of the platform, the user interface is extremely easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

When in a lesson, you must walk through each page step and step. Then, it is impossible to skip from the third page to the first page, for example. You must scroll back page by page as well.

Internal training on new product releases. Each time a new release happens, everyone in the company walks through a lesson on the latest product release to ensure everyone is up to date on the current state of our product.

Lessonly review by Andrea L.
Andrea L.

"A positive experience so far."

What do you like best?

Excellent for small and medium companies because it helps everyone to be on the same page. It's very easy to use too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is very difficult to look for information. I'd suggest the use of templates and/or more customization tools in order to organize the content and workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demo. You'll love it!

We have been able to standardize procedures and to inform the team about updates or new developments at once.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

The layout is simple to read, understand and use.

What do you dislike?

Everything was great in my experience with Lessonly.

I used Lessonly to train employees who work remotely before they join us on site. Location of staff and consistency were our biggest issue in regards to training. Lessonly allows for everyone to receive the same info and be trained the same way so that everyone is held to the same standards and are taught well from the start.

Lessonly review by Sandrah  K.
Sandrah K.

"Learning and Development Specialist"

What do you like best?

I really like the interactive format of the Lessonly. I also like the reporting system that allows me to look over how well the participants did.

What do you dislike?

I wished there was more descriptive reporting system. There could be more interesting features when it comes to reporting like Everwise provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More descriptive/concise reports

Homework Assignments. It's great when we're testing knowledge. However it's a bit difficult when it comes to enforcing others to complete the Lessonly's.

Lessonly review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Ok for Music, Great for Classes"

What do you like best?

I am a music teacher and I tried out this system to see if Lessonly was right for me. It is a really easy to use system and can be great for building lessons.

What do you dislike?

As a music teacher, I wish there was a way to integrate more music and listening into the program. There is a way to insert videos and music, but I need more integrative music and sheet music capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest this to teachers of regular courses, as opposed to music. It would be ideal for older students and a great place to store lessons and content to use again later.

For the price, I do not think I get enough use out of the product. I think it would be a different story if I were teaching college courses. Planning on this program and sharing would be ideal for an older student base.

Lessonly review by Administrator in Computer Software

"A breeze for sharing knowledge"

What do you like best?

Lessonly solves the problem of "How do we communicate new things about the company internally, and track how that is going" Which is a huge problem to solve.

With the addition of paths has been priceless in our new hire onboarding. We have the ability to assign out every single lesson that a new hire would need to take.

What do you dislike?

They're growing and with that comes some growing pains. But if you're at a growing company as well there isn't anything out of the norm in terms of running into bugs here and there.

We needed to get the company on the same page with new feature roll outs as well as internal process changes. This solves that problem for us.

Lessonly review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Lessonly "

What do you like best?

Lessonly is extremely easy to use. It's easy to complete lessons and track progress. We are able to use this at Segment both for on-boarding and supplemental product trainings. Lessonly makes it extremely easy to also revisit lessons and go back through content that is learned.

What do you dislike?

Lessonly offers optional quizzes, but does not let you make changes to these after submitting. If a certain score is required, it makes it a little bit more difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I work for a company with a very technical product. It is oftentimes difficult for people to understand when they join and Lessonly has allowed us to greatly supplement our live on-boarding sessions with self-service modules that people can complete on their own time.

Lessonly review by Lauren A.
Lauren A.

"Lessonly Review"

What do you like best?

Having a depository of training materials that can easily be searched and located is really helpful when you work for a large company where policies are constantly changing.

What do you dislike?

When there's a complex lesson that users are reading, it's really hard to retain the information if it's spread out over multiple pages.

Lessonly allows for our director of training to keep one place updated as opposed to a million different documents going around

Lessonly review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"AMAZING Learning Management System!"

What do you like best?

Super user-friendly, quick easy content creation! Ease of getting information to a variety of users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's an amazing system and provides great value to the whole organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!! It's an amazing addition to any organization.

Business-wide learning system to complete, track, and promote continued education of staff. Huge benefit of learning information available to all, anytime they need. Also great for annual trainings, onboarding, leadership training

"Lessonly Review"

What do you like best?

The company truly listens to its customers and is continually updating based on customer input. I also like how easy the software is to use. No lengthy learning curve!.

What do you dislike?

Some features are still not fully matured (such as Salesforce integration and lesson/path organization), but based on past experience, these features will be updated very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessonly is the easiest tool I have used to create e-learning. While it is still maturing as a product, if you want to get things out the door quickly with little training, it is a fantastic product.

Problems: None.

Benefit: We can get content posted in a relatively short time frame.

Lessonly review by Anastasia F.
Anastasia F.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I lvoe the versatility, the live updates and the customer service

What do you dislike?

when looking for an existing member, sometimes they're put into the "archive" bin and if you don't know about that bin, you're forced to ask for help either by chat or by calling. This should get fixed somehow.

saving money for the company by making a test about following a procedure which will minimize the expenses.

Lessonly review by Caitlin O.
Caitlin O.

"Working with Lessonly has been an awesome experience! Customer support is great. "

What do you like best?

Customer support is awesome - they resolve issues as quickly as possible and are very responsive!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Lessonly - my experience has been great, and I have not had any issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to others that they should

We are solving problems with training customers on new products, as well as internal training. The format is consistent and customers really appreciate that.

Lessonly review by Vanessa P.
Vanessa P.