(176 reviews)

Get the hiring results you want. Engage the right talent, faster with the world's first collaborative applicant tracking system

Work for Lever?

Learning about Lever?

Lever Reviews

Ask Lever a Question
Showing 176 Lever reviews
Lever review by Liam B.
Liam B.

"The first software I purchase when I arrived at a new startup"

What do you like best?

Lever makes it easy for small teams to create a great candidate experience from day one. There are some quintessential features like syncing calendars to schedule interviews for other team members, analyzing candidate pipeline to identify areas where candidates get stuck & easy website embeds that I think have become obligatory features in the space because Lever has done them so well..

What do you dislike?

Very few complaints. When I last purchased (March 2018) there wasn't explicitly an early-stage plan. That said, Lever was very generous and set us up with something that justified the increase spend.

At the time, we were a <10 employee startup with offices in Europe & the U.S. looking to create a great experience for candidates interviewing in both offices. Lever helped us overcome timezone issues that could otherwise create huge delays in getting back to candidates: we hired 3 employees in the first 45 days of using Lever.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lever
Lever review by Barbara L.
Barbara L.

"Great ATS for small early stage companies, very responsive team"

What do you like best?

The product has good work flow and functionalities, it's at a great price point, and the team there are stellar. They are responsive and there are definitely limitations to the product itself, but they make up for it in being concerned and caring about getting product requests in and launching new features that are user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to do very specific things, like adding stages and the fact that you aren't able to customize stages for each role is an annoyance. There are also difficulties with data migration, but the team really try to make it as painless as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely talk to the team and try the product out. It's great for an early stage or smaller company who wants to step up and create more structure around their hiring processes.

We had no ATS prior to Lever (we were using Workable) and it was extremely difficult to schedule on-sites, gather feedback after interviews, and give guidance to my team and hiring managers. This helps us create processes and collect personalized, timely feedback in a way we hadn't before because we're such a small team.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Lever review by April S.
April S.

"great, user friendly ATS"

What do you like best?

I love that it is so user friendly. It doesn't matter if you are the candidate, hiring manager or recruiter . . . it is easy to use on all sides. I also love the customer support. Our implementation process was seamless due to a great rep at Lever!

What do you dislike?

I wish it was mobile friendly. I also wish that they would set some parameters for what can be uploaded as a resume. Numerous documents we aren't able to open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No ATS is going to do everything you want it to. However, Lever hits a lot of those sweet spots that you are looking for. I would recommend figuring out your process and what matters most to you to meet your company needs then ask lots of questions. I loved that Lever worked to understand our business and how we would be using the ATS in our business strategy. They were very thorough and helpful. They also have been really great with our feedback or suggestions. I feel like they are moving in the right direction and constantly looking for ways to make it even better. Don't be afraid to let them know things that could be better.

We didn't have an ATS before Lever and really needed one. It has enabled me to spend less time tracking our job postings on multiple websites. Now it centralizes everything creating a talent pipeline and making it easy to communicate with hiring managers.

Lever review by Christy T.
Christy T.

"Great experience !"

What do you like best?

The tool is very user friendly and the team is amazing! Indeed, it helped us centralise all of our candidates in one place. In addition to that, the management of our pipe is way easier and more reliable. We're able to track our activity in a very specific way.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. The implementation went very smoothly and Monika, our Lever advisor, was extremely professional and efficient. She was always helping us customise the tool to meet our requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the companies that are looking for a powerful recruiting tool that will help them gain time and improve their sources management, I definitely recommend Lever for its capacity to do. The very user-friendly platform is a major plus.

We are improving our activity by centralising it. We are gaining time via Lever and are able to track every candidate and his evolution in the process.

Lever review by Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

"User friendly and easy to use ATS!"

What do you like best?

This applicant tracking system has evolved quite a bit over the last 5 years or so that I've had the chance to use it. I appreciate the easy to use interface no matter your role within the company. This has allowed me to get hiring managers and executives more involved in the interview process as well as getting timely feedback on candidates. It also has quite a few customizations to the workflows, email templates, job descriptions, etc as well as various integrations to the system. Some of these integrations are to other platforms for sourcing, posting to job boards, background check tools, onboarding new employees, etc.

Overall, the product allows for the recruiting team to live within the ATS as much as possible making us more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

While I appreciate all the efforts they've put into the reporting feature, I still don't find it to be intuitive or accurate reporting. There are lots of reports to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the reporting piece if that is important to you.

Helped decrease candidate time to hire, increased applicant flow, and overall recruiting efficiency.

Lever review by Novia S.
Novia S.

"Hassle Free ATS!"

What do you like best?

Lever hire have their own site where candidates can apply there, so even thought our company website hasn't launched yet, we can just still copy and paste and everyone can apply! And the page is custom too, we can add more relevant question to instantly screened the candidates.

What do you dislike?

I can't change the pipeline by myself! I have to ask their support team, but since there are 13hr difference in our location, my team and I need to wait for approximately 1 day until the changes applied in our lever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least, look at the demo :)

My team and I really love using lever as our recruitment tools! No clutter, simple and easy to use. With the support team and our Implementation Specialist, Rain, we already learned everything in Lever only in 1 month! We can track the progress of our candidates, and how to make them progressing faster.

Recommended tools for recruitment.

Lever review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Excellent Software tool and implementation experience."

What do you like best?

The tool is integrated with Office 365 which allows the recruiting team to work in Lever 90% of their day. The email integration is excellent but more importantly the ability to book interviews on Hiring Managers calendars within the tool saves a tremendous amount of time.

What do you dislike?

I have to nitpick to find something. I would like a little more flexibility with the way some forms are organized. Example: The offer defaults to the candidate signing first then the hiring manager, you have to click a checkbox each time you send an offer for the manager to sign first. This is really nitpicking and I know it is in the future product request queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend talking to Lever for your needs. This is an excellent tool

Calendar and email integration, automated reporting with relevant and realtime information. Ease of use for managers, recruiters and candidates.

Lever review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"Lever review - a single source of truth "

What do you like best?

-A single source of truth to capture all the information you have for a candidate.

-Easy system to use and navigate.

-Hiring managers love it so far.

Integrates with LinkedIN Recruiter.

-Great reporting functionality.

-Good customer support - our implementation specialist Monika went above and beyond even on a different timezone.

What do you dislike?

-Amazing tool for US clients but as we are in Australia it doesn't integrate with a lot of local Australian products for example - Testgrid our aptitude test.

-There is no electronic signature for offer documentation unless you have DocuSign for business which involves and integration and it is costly.

We are a small to medium sized Australian tech company and we recently implemented Lever. I could not praise Monika our Implementation Specialist enough for all the help she gave us throughout the implementation. As Lever is a US company Monika was on a different time zone to Australia but was always there to help no matter what time of day it was. Lever itself is a fantastic ATS, their API is robust so it integrates with lots of other tools. It is a simple system to use with good UX. The only con I would have is that it is focused on the US market more so than Australia.

Lever review by Maciej M.
Maciej M.

"The best ATS I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Lever definitely deserves 5 stars, customer service is superb and incomparable to their competition. We changed our previous system for Lever month ago and it already tremendously improved speed and quality of our work. The product is state-of-the-art when it comes to ATS' systems and while it needs a bit of polishing, Engineering Team is working super-fast to fix bugs and implement features. We love the product but we love the company, even more, Lever Team is extremely helpful and supportive. We learn from them how to treat our clients.

What do you dislike?

The software is still being developed so not every feature I could imagine is available yet.

ATS system helps us to organize recruitment processes and manage a database of candidates. It also helps with GDPR compliance. To make the long story short, ATS is the core software of our business.

Lever review by Devon  S.
Devon S.

"Incredible tool!! "

What do you like best?

I would highly recommend using Lever to any company that is growing and growing quick. It has been an absolute game changer for my recruitment team! The product's workflow and visuals make us process ninjas which allows us to provide our prospective and incoming talent with the absolute best experience!! I can count on my team to be organized with this tool and collaborate seamlessly with hiring managers throughout the org. I don't know where I would be without Lever and I have experience with other ATS tools.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I have given suggestions to the platform and my implementation specialist submitted those requests instantly. The only thing I could think of is a signature function.

We are solving major organizational problems with Lever. It allows us to create the best experience for talent by having their email, resume, linkedin, notes, feedback, etc all in one central place. Also, the visuals of the tool are unparalleled. They are built for your modern recruiter who really wants to evaluate pipeline health, stage health, etc.

Lever review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Exceeding expectations"

What do you like best?

Best in business customer service, reliable, frequent updates to their features, great documentation/'help' articles, a clean and modern interface, a tool that gets better the more that people use it

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to spend mandatory time with my entire team rather than just us admins and recruiting when learning and training about the tool. EEO data must be requested from Lever directly. Exporting data from reports requires a pro upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your customer support manager! They will help you with any issue, question, or suggestion that one may have with the platform.

We wanted something that could be implemented with our core HR system that was quick, easy, and that the price made sense for the value. Not only did Lever meet and exceed those expectations, Lever increased our talent acquisition efficiency by encouraging other team members such as human resources, and managers to be a part of the recruiting process.

Lever review by Reema P.
Reema P.

"Beautifully designed, robust, and functional"

What do you like best?

Lever is a fantastic platform, and has helped our team tremendously with making hiring decisions and streamlining our processes. Lever has a super intuitive design (pipeline visibility is very clear at a distance), it integrates well with our other platforms, and it's built to support recruiting at every stage of the process. I love the customizability of the feedback forms, and scheduling is super easy as well. I've also really appreciated the customer service and overall implementation support I've received with Lever; their team is super helpful and I've always had my questions answered quickly.

What do you dislike?

The pipeline stages aren't customizable which can be a little difficult to navigate, but the reasoning behind it makes sense (customer support is also able to alter this very quickly). The same goes for archive reasons.

Lever has cleaned up our interviewing process, managed our candidate pipeline, and allowed us to streamline & simplify hiring by allowing us to efficiently make decisions and move candidates through different stages.

Lever review by Marcin H.
Marcin H.

"Lever equals modern recruitment"

What do you like best?

Seamless design. Candidate centric ATS - the automation elements in communicating with candidates, scheduling and also feedback all work together so that in essence you have more time to spend with candidate rather than bogged down by admin tasks.

What do you dislike?

As an early stage scaleup we did rely on external headhunters, this is not handled very well in Lever if you want your hiring managers to use the ATS themselves. I think there's a couple of US only features - in EU contractors work on day rates for example, something you can't specify in a requisition in Lever. Something as small as US date formatting also makes a difference. I hope Lever will continue to grow and adapt their product to international audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Improved candidate experience. Improved feedback capacity and therefore decision making for hiring teams. Monitoring return on investment of recruitment spend.

Lever review by Gabo J.
Gabo J.

"So happy we went with Lever!"

What do you like best?

Building out templates in conjunction with their Easy Book links allows me to schedule 50 interviews in a few clicks of the mouse. It's absolutely brilliant.

Ease of use, intuitive navigation, easy to train new hires on.

Nice default reports, easy to customize to get exactly what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about Lever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lever is a winner, we looked at several ATS systems and we have zero regrets about moving forward with Lever. It's saved an incredible amount of time and the customizable templates are a godsend. My only concern is that they are SO GOOD at what they do it's only a matter of time before someone comes along and buys them. Hopefully the system stays as awesome as it is now when that day comes.

Saves an incredible amount of time, great visibility into the recruiting and hiring process, allowed us to identify bottlenecks in our hiring processes via their reports.

Lever review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Customer-friendly user interface, easy to use, and amazing customer service"

What do you like best?

Lever had everything that we needed in an ATS. Lever's ease of use, depth of features & integrations, and stellar sales and customer support were apparent from the very beginning, making them a very easy decision to switch to. Another concern of ours was dealing with the hassle of switching ATS's, but our implementation manager made this extremely simple and straightforward. We were up and running with all of our old data seamlessly migrated within a matter of weeks. Any questions/concerns that we had during the buying or implementation process, we would have answered very quickly. You can tell that they really put their focus on customer needs, which is how all businesses should run.

What do you dislike?

As far as pricing of other ATSs goes, Lever is on the more expensive, but you definitely get what you are paying for with their premium product. Although we are spending more than we were with our old ATS, the value is beyond noticeable.

Running a well-oiled recruitment process with all of our recruitment tools integrated into one ATS. We are able to have our recruitment functions structured under one roof (with Gmail, LinkedIn, Codility integrations) and have our jobs page hosted directly by Lever.

Lever review by Gricet C.
Gricet C.

"Intuitive ATS"

What do you like best?

Lever is intuitive and user friendly. All of the important tools and quality of life features you would want in an ATS are exactly where you would think they are. This makes it very easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I have not run into any features I do not like. For any questions I have as far as functionality or usability, the customer service has been exceptional.

We are replacing our old ATS system that was clunky, not user-friendly, and not utilized by our hiring managers because of its difficulties. Lever has solved all of the problems we were having with our old ATS, and we have even received feedback from applicants that have interviewed with us on how simple and user friendly the system is at the consumer level.

Lever review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Complete and user friendly"

What do you like best?

For an international company, Lever is a great help as we have been able to automate a lot of steps (interview scheduling, job offer, …) in our recruitment process as well as to monitor the recruitment activity across countries (by pulling the records of activity).

As previously said, the automation is a big factor for companies, we have been able to standardize our interview process and feedback system across 10 different countries. The support team also proposed to contact recruiting partners in order to scripted our job postings and publish them on different platforms.

What do you dislike?

The time difference with the customer support for Europe based companies and the possibility to personalise the information we want to pull in the reports would be a plus.

We are able to track the activity across country and run the analysis of winning profiles which allowed us to adapt our processes.

Lever review by Nina A.
Nina A.

"Very good ATS"

What do you like best?

I really like how Lever is structured. I wanted a system that is really intuitive and that's what it is. I always know in which pipeline stage my applicants are and if they already had an interview or not.

The onboarding process from Lever was great! I felt well supported and all my questions got answered within a very short amount of time.

My favorite function is the Easy-booking-link. You just have to send out an email with this link and the applicant can find an appropriate timeslot in your calendar without you having to do anything. This saves me a lot of time. Would be great if it would support more than one interviewer calendar.

What do you dislike?

Lever is one of the most expensive systems and they also charge you for additional things (e.g. Slack integration, exporting of reports...).

I am missing some things at the reporting section and since I am not willing to pay something extra I can't download the data and produce the reports that I need.

Furthermore reminders would be great. e.g. for an applicant who is in a pipeline stage for a long time.

We are currently growing really fast and therefore I needed a solution that makes it easier for the candidates to apply and for me to keep track of the applications. Furthermore I wanted something intuitive that does not need much training for hiring managers.

Lever is a help for all this needs. I even experienced a huge growth in applications. My candidates seem to like the system too.

Lever review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"A solid product"

What do you like best?

The best feature for me is the integration with LinkedIn Recruiter. I can work seamlessly on both platforms and have all the information I need. I love how I can be in Lever and have a candidate's LinkedIn profile right there for me to review. The second best feature is Nurture. Nurture allows you to set up drip campaigns to send to candidates and can automatically archive them if they don't respond within a certain amount of time. Saves me so much time!

What do you dislike?

I really wish there were reminders and to-do lists to keep me more organized. I would love to have a feature where I can set deadlines to follow up with candidates and receive reminders.

Before Lever, we weren't using any type of ATS. Since we started using Lever, our productivity has increased dramatically. We don't have nearly as many candidates falling through the cracks and the reports help us stay on track.

Lever review by Austen Y.
Austen Y.

"Top notch product AND professionals"

What do you like best?

Flawless UI and design: their product and eng teams really think of everything!

Excellent sales and implementation staff, who were always responsive, great listeners, and problem solvers

Company focus on diversity and inclusion, which reflects in the product and staff

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey for a small business, but they're willing to work with you on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for everyone but if you care about a well designed product that puts candidate experience and frequent users first, you can't go wrong.

Data integrity - when everyone on the team can change or create stages/tags, no one knows what's actually supposed to happen and reports are meaningless.

No candidate slips through the cracks - we have people we can always reach out to later, and we can be proactive on our pipelines instead of reactive.

Lever review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Lever enables us to hit our hiring goals and engage candidates efficiently"

What do you like best?

Custom workflow, analytics, and reporting

What do you dislike?

Need stronger social and branding ability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lever provides all the best ATS functionality in one unified platform. Backed by strong analytics, Lever can help transform how you hire! Platforms like Greenhouse are great, but have WAY too many features that never get utilized.

Lever has enabled the SHYFT TA team to be more efficient with less. As a small team (2 people), its important that we are being as efficient as possible while striving for high quality candidates.

With Lever we have been able to:

* Continue to stay on pace with a very aggressive hiring plan year over year - 40% growth

* We've hired 15 diverse candidates since the top of October 2017 and are able to efficiently track status, give updates, and provide a great candidate experience.

* Make fast data driven decision - derive insight into employer branding and source data enables me to spend on opportunities that net the greatest ROI

* Lever has enabled stronger relationships with our hiring managers as we can show them the data and movement on their requirements via candidate funnel reports, live collaborative feedback, and even job description collaboration.

* We have been able to derive candidate funnel metrics to better understand the amount of time and number of potential candidates needed to fill particular roles.

* Internal employee referral rate has climbed to over 50% with the ease of the referral submission in Lever. Employees trust our program as they have the visibility to see if their candidates are being contacted, interviewed, and hired.

From a candidate experience perspective, we are able to track, engage, and build stronger relationships by focusing on the sources and communities that are most trafficked by our audience.

Lever also helps me to understand how efficient our recruiting efforts are. We can track both outbound efforts as well as the inbound speed.

Lever review by Administrator

"Lever as a Whole and Implementation"

What do you like best?

Lever is such a unique product in all the best ways. As far as an ATS goes, it is, in my opinion, the best ATS system on the market. The main two reasons behind this are ease of use and Implementation. Lever isn't built for engineers or tech savvy people, but for recruiters and users. After Implementation, our users have provided nothing but great feedback about the system.

As far as our Implementation goes, we were blessed to have Monika as our Implementation specialist. We had no issues at all with implementation, and when something did come up, she took it upon herself to work with other companies to get things straight. Things went smoothly and we actually had it up and running before our deadline.

What do you dislike?

The only constructive feedback I can give is that I wish the platform was a bit more mobile friendly. While it does work on devices such as an iPad, using it on a smaller screen smartphone is a bit cumbersome.

We are a growing company and as such needed a good ATS to keep track of our hiring. Lever has made it so smooth and has almost streamlined the entire process.

Lever review by Shelby S.
Shelby S.

"Lever is exactly what I was looking for for our growing startup"

What do you like best?

I like that Lever is a combination of an ATS and a CRM. It is intuitive, very collaborative, and allows me to control all aspects of the hiring process through one medium.

What do you dislike?

There is a little confusion over how much or how little team members can see in terms of candidate information, but it is not a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have templates for all important forms, interview feedback, etc.

We are growing like crazy and Lever has allowed us to streamline the candidates we are interacting with. Whether we are importing candidates or they are applying directly, Lever makes it easy to track candidates, what stages they are in, and how they they fit in with our organization. It has helped us realize where our strongest candidates come from, and where our processes could be improved.

Lever review by Molly S.
Molly S.

"Great for users - still a work in progress for admins"

What do you like best?

- users LOVE IT - all of our recruiters and hiring managers love the tool and how easy it is to use - built for scale - the platform is built with scale in mind and links many data points together easily

What do you dislike?

- administration is tricky - the ability to manage approval chains is difficult and not yet able to build based on org hierarchy from HRIS - custom fields are text boxes only, not rich fields (drop-downs, multiple choice, etc.)

(1) hiring via collaboration, keeping everyone updated on hiring progress

(2) EFFICIENCY - our coordination team has TRIPLED efficiency output since we launched Lever AND nobody is working overtime anymore - DM me if you want to connect on HOW!

(3) maintaining data - we no longer have 8+ duplicate records for candidates

Lever review by Octav B.
Octav B.

"Highly recommend the tool! "

What do you like best?

I have introduced Lever at a company of 500+ employees and couldn't be happier with it!

As an ATS, the system is amazing - especially around building candidate pools, managing your candidates through the process and having a solid overall picture of the whole pipeline. The integration with LinkedIn and syncing both inMails and emails to the candidate profile is great!

From a recruitment function perspective, it really helps with sharing candidates in the team, gathering and centralising interview feedback, promoting referrals etc. It seems they have been continuously improving all aspects, bring small welcomed tweaks here and there. One area I've seen a lot of change (and could be a bit better) is the reporting side.

The system has a great UX & UI so new users find it very easy to catch on and how to used this properly. So far, for people outside the Recruitment function, we have had only positive feedback, be it hiring managers or people using it as a referral tool.

From Lever's side, the team there has been incredibly supportive and helpful, from pre sales to the actual implementation, training, to small issues and bugs.

What do you dislike?

Improved reporting & personalised dashboards could be better as well - however, this side is still improving and going the right direction.

Centralising interview feedback from all hiring managers, interviewers and candidates in one place helps us build a complete and great picture of the recruitment process, candidate fit and making sure we touch on all the right areas when interviewing.

Lever review by Rachel  B.
Rachel B.

"Time saving ATS!"

What do you like best?

Lever has solved a lot of problems for us. It's a very collaborative tool that allows hiring managers full visibility into the recruiting and hiring process. The UI and features of the tool are easy to use and we're able to get candidates scheduled and feedback documented so much easier than before which has saved a ton of time for our recruiting team. The integrations are great too (Chrome, Google, Slack)

What do you dislike?

The agency management feature leaves something to be desired, but from what I understand they are working to improve that

candidate and hiring manager engagement, ease of scheduling, candidate feedback documentation in one central location, easy reporting, Lever Nurture makes it easier to stay in touch with candidates, the list goes on and on.

Lever review by Sara C.
Sara C.

"Recently Moved to Lever"

What do you like best?

We recently moved to Lever from Workable because we needed a more scalable option for our growing company. We have just begun to use the system but integration and the launch have gone very, very smoothly. Leadership is impressed with all of the feature and the nurture campaigns are super helpful and time-saving. I wish we would have found this earlier.

What do you dislike?

There are a few fewer integrations and getting your Jobs posted is a little clunky, but overall easy to get done.

Time-saving for almost everyone on the hiring team. From getting feedback on candidates to general scheduling and communication - I cannot stress enough how streamlined our processes have become now that we have Lever.

Lever review by Erin T.
Erin T.

"Fantastic team to partner with & intuitive UX"

What do you like best?

With our team doubling in size in less than two years and the launch of a Talent Acquisition department, we require systems that can keep up with our growth and continuous improvements. Lever’s intuitive UX has made customization and integration into our operations easy for both the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers. Not to mention that the Lever team has been fantastic to work with, even with us navigating time differences half way around the globe!

What do you dislike?

Lacking some functionalities but Lever is very open to improvement feedback & has a pipeline of tech development that includes many of the functionality limitations experienced.

Customization. Intuitive UX for use adoption by hiring managers. More control over permissions for privacy of candidate materials. Better reporting.

Lever review by Marie M.
Marie M.

"Great ATS ! "

What do you like best?

I recommend Lever to every Recruiting team out there.

The ATS was created by developers that understand what Recruiters need and understand how little time we have in our days (the lever chrome extension is such a huge time saver). Managers are not the easiest to convince when it comes to ATS but with Lever and the slack integration it makes it easier to collect feedback without having to chase it.

The staff is great, I was in touch with Spencer who took all the time I needed to explain all the different functions of Lever and then Otto took over for the implementation and although the timeframe I gave them was super short they were right there with me and I felt supported throughout the whole process (migration from another ATS to Lever and setting up our Lever company account).

My team is super happy with this choice and I believe they thank me at least once a day (if not more) for picking Lever over other ATS

What do you dislike?

Nothing for the moment, I've been using Lever since July 2018 and everything has been going smoothly.

Quicker way to track my applicants, easier to share profiles with my team and managers.

Huge time saving tool

Lever review by Carol H.
Carol H.

"Lever is great!"

What do you like best?

I’ve found that the system is intuitive and allows us to keep track of candidates in an organized meeting. Lever has provided all of this. The UI is super intuitive. The learning period for comfortably navigating the system and time to value was minimal. This has been a great tool for our team and even better for our hiring managers who are loving the new system.

What do you dislike?

I really wish I had access to Lever a year ago!

With our old ATS the problem we ran into was that our hiring managers never used it and wouldn’t to leave notes or feedback about their interviews. As we scaled we knew we needed a new solution and Lever was an easy choice.

Lever review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Strong ATS Platform"

What do you like best?

-Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use

-Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels

-Easy to get buy-in across the organization

-Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with our last ATS.

-High engagement: Many of our team members weren't a big fan of our previous ATS and now they have turned into power users

-Chrome Extension and integrations with other sourcing tools to be able to easily import candidates into Lever to manage the pipeline

-Gmail and Google Calendar integration so you can do everything from one platform and not have to continually go back and forth when communicating and scheduling candidates

-They are continually upgrading their software as we have been a customer less than a year and have seen many new beneficial releases

-Have a CRM product(Lever Nurture)

-Great support from initial contact through implementation

-During the sales process, they really took the time to understand our business and recruiting processes

-Easy to create customized reports

-Tons of partner integrations

-Streamlined and easy implementation process

What do you dislike?

-Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever.

-They don't have Live Chat for customer service

-When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.

-I don't dislike this, but if you need custom pipeline steps for each position or department than this might not be the right system for you. This isn't a problem for us but might be for other companies

-Provides more efficiency to the recruiting team as we can spend the majority of our time on the platform

-Spending less time with administrative tasks

-More collaboration with hiring managers

-Better data collection and tracking than previous ATS

-Optimized the candidate scheduling process

Lever review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Great platform and amazing customer service!"

What do you like best?

The best thing is their customer service! I must email them every other day with a question or suggestion, and they are so responsive. I receive a response usually within an hour or so, and they'll email back and forth with me to problem solve anything I'm running into, or offer workarounds if the platform doesn't do what I'm asking and pass the suggestion on. It also integrates nearly seamlessly with Gmail and Google calendar and makes it very easy for me to communicate with my hiring managers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a mobile app and a few more pieces of it were customizable (but they are still developing it and in the short time I've used it more of it has become this! I imagine it will continue to improve).

Easy communication around all aspects of the recruiting process - Lever solves this completely!

Lever review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"A very intuitive User Interface and easy to work with"

What do you like best?

In general it is a very intuitive ATS system. The way to follow up on candiates, referrals and contacts is easy and spares a lot of time. The search function is good, there are filters available and the availability for tagging is future oriented and really helpful. The software status of today is good, there are some use cases which would speed up the success of LEVER. Since the successful integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single logon procedure it became better and better integrated. The help I got during the integration time was great and very supportive and problems and questions were solved very quick.

What do you dislike?

I'm working with the basic version, not with the Pro version. There are a lot of possible software tools and programs expecially supporting the search process. But the costs for the Pro Upgrade is very high and there is no chance to try it out. Sometimes the sales support also in the way what you will get for the money is partly not clear. My advice, be clear on what you need and work on processes and use cases which help to focus, especially in the discussion with LEVER sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately I don't have the strategy and roadmap of Lever which would help me to decide the last question better. As well, since I'm always a power user of software (IT background), it could be a help for Lever to have a closer feedback relationship with aboutSALES, to get more ideas and interesting software use cases.

I'm using LEVER as a ATS system to track the candidates and work on a structured, partly automated and professional system. This simplifies the data consistency, process, candidate handling and tracking.

Lever review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Managing Recruitment at Ease"

What do you like best?

We had a great implementation experience with Otto, he supper attentive and proactive in checking our understanding each section of the apps and ensure best implementation for our company.

What do you dislike?

We completely fall in love with the Lever and didnt have any complain using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We truly high recommend Lever to all !!

We save major time using LEVER integration and by design the platform is flexible that can fit to our propitiatory recruitment process that we already have. Furthermore, with the report menu on the apps it allows the recruitment team create analyst, see the bottleneck and comes up with key strategy to improve the process We truly high recommend Lever to all !!

Lever review by Allison B.
Allison B.

"Great ATS - May involve some thoughtfulness on your personal business processses"

What do you like best?

G-Suite integration and calendar functionality

Reporting options

LinkedIn Integration

Very intuitive interface

What do you dislike?

Probably should have seriously done some Best Practices thoughtful musings before we went full implementation. For example, deciding on how to arrange projects, using the extension, cataloging the reach outs, understanding what the different statuses are, how the workflows are reported on - these are all things that I have learned by mistake. The training was a lot about baby steps to use the product not what is the best way to rock LEVER.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think very hard about how to advise people what the Best Practices are as a full life cycle recruiter and what you intend to report on before you Go Live.

We don't have brand recognition so everyone we recruit we have to go fetch. I should have thought about how to manage templates in LinkedIn and in LEVER then thought about how I would report on it using requisitions and Job Postings. This came to me later than it should have.

Lever review by Allison E.
Allison E.

"The overall best platform I've used"

What do you like best?

Simple UI. Job focused which helps companies understand the value of that. I love that you can snooze candidates so you don't lose them and don't screw up your reporting/analytics.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the CRM/leads aren't kept in a separate funnel than that applicants.

I also don't like that you can't customize categories of source yourself or some other aspects of the system.

the company I am partnering with has a ton of people involved in the interview process so lever is saving our lives by having a source of truth.

Lever review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Great ATS for both recruiters and hiring managers"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to collaborate with the hiring managers and for me (the head of recruiting) to have line of sight into the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I think Easybook is a great first start on scheduling. I'd like to see a more robust iteration of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a <500 person company I definitely recommend. It may not scale as well to the larger sizes because of the complexity of approval chains required for more mature companies. However, if you want to hire quickly and track where the bottlenecks are, Lever is the top of class.

Keeping track of candidates, jobs, and the work of my recruiting team.

Lever review by Administrator

"Clean and powerful recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

Lever has a clean interface that makes the tool easy to use for all involved parties - candidates, hiring managers and our internal professionals. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the implementation was quick and efficient and dependant on our own pace. We can easily see what is going on with recruitments in all our countries, where the process is delayed and where we are moving fast. Giving feedback is made easy and as were previously struggling to get feedback from the interviewers we now get a much better understanding of the candidate before making the decision. The whole process from making a requisition to making an offer is clear and easily analyzed. Scheduling is integrated into our calendars and that makes the process fast and efficient.

What do you dislike?

We are still struggling with approval chains for requisitions - as the company changes quickly we have discovered that the requisitions can't be changed as easily. We have had to start the process from scratch several times.

We are working to get the best people in with a systematic approach of giving feedback, analysis and integration with third party channels. We have seen increase in referrals, clarity in the whole process, quality of feedback and understanding the need for an occasionally longer recruitment period.

Lever review by David A. K.
David A. K.

"Smooth Implementation Process"

What do you like best?

The well-planned implementation process made Lever a smooth transition from our old ATS, Jobvite. The Lever team was extremely responsive and detailed in helping integrate Lever into our unique recruitment process. All the recommendations for best-practices in Lever have been very helpful for our start-up company based in Kenya! Our Implementation Specialist was very accommodating to our time-zone difference and unique international needs.

What do you dislike?

There are tons of awesome integrations of other platforms (Google suite, DocuSign, etc.) into the Lever system. Sometimes these integrations take quite some-time to understand and customize to our recruitment needs. However, once they're customized they work great!

Our old ATS was difficult to use so we managed by creating many Google spreadsheets to complement the process. One of our goals in searching for a new ATS was eliminating these spreadsheets and moving all candidate information and documents into one platform. Lever has enabled our team to accomplish this and stay more organized than ever before!

Lever review by Leah K.
Leah K.

"Made the switch from Workable to Lever"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Lever is actually Lever Nurture. As a recruiter of 1 at a 70 person company, Nurture makes me feel like 3 recruiters in one! The chrome extension makes it so easy to source candidates and add them to Lever and then you can even launch the campaigns right then and there. Instead of hacking together different systems and tools, I can just use Lever. Whew. I also love that you can "send as" other people on your hiring team to make sure there are no bottlenecks. The reporting tools are also really fun to play with and give me a lot more insight into our hiring data than ever before.

What do you dislike?

The tool seems a tad buggy from time to time, which I know happens, and often they fix things very quickly. Also there are certain features I really want (like being able to see feedback on a candidate when you're looking at the main screen so that it's easier to mass delete a lot of candidates), but hopefully they will add these things.

We've ramped up our recruiting efforts thanks to Lever and Lever Nurture. Efficiency and effectiveness have gone way up.

Lever review by Roberta C.
Roberta C.

"Lever is a great intuitive tool! "

What do you like best?

I was able to self-teach my way through the tool and my hiring managers are also fluent in the tool with minimal effort. Lever enables me to be a great business partner to my hiring managers and to support finance and our business. I have had a team of 8+ and made a career switch and am supporting talent solo - it really enables me to use my time well. The scheduling feature is quick and easy for large interview panels. The tool to open phone screens with blocks of times saves me hours in scheduling. It's a live tool - anything I add it updated automatically. Lever gives you the ability to have contagious transparency with your hiring manager and other team members.

This tool has all the features I need. It's priced very well in the market. Lever integrates with my other top partners.

The support I have received from Lever is also like no other. Kudos to you, Lever.

What do you dislike?

I enjoy everything about this software. There are small odds and ends I ask my support person (Rithwik - he's awesome) and if it's something the system can't do today, he enters the suggestion for Lever to possibly implement. I like that my voice feels heard as a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was a previous iCIMS user. While iCIMS is a solid tool - Lever has an intuitiveness and ease of use that is unmatched. Great experience from sales through support to this day.

This tool enables our small but growing company to have contagious transparency.

My hiring managers and business partners are also engaged with the tool. It truly cuts down on all the back and forth - internally and with candidates. Our candidates are very happy with this tool.

Lever review by Administrator

"Easy to Use and Implement"

What do you like best?

I implemented Lever at the small start-up where I work over about a month or maybe less. It was super easy to learn, very user-friendly. I found the help documentation to be very thorough and useful for when I got stuck on trying to figure the system out. My non-recruiter colleagues needed very little training on using the features that they need to use. The software engineers at my company were also impressed with how feature-heavy the product is and how well-designed it is. The implementation specialist that we were set up was great and his trainings were useful and very efficient, given how much info he had to cover. I love Lever, and I can't imagine going back to the clunky spreadsheet model I was using before!

What do you dislike?

I have not found much to dislike with Lever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This ATS is lightyears ahead of any of the other products I demo'ed and trialed. It is worth the time it takes to setup in terms of time saved. It is also very focused on the candidate experience, which is something I am very focused on as a recruiter as well. I appreciate that it lets me know when I have not contacted a candidate after a certain period of time. I also really love how easily it integrates with our company website, LinkedIn, and Google products.

Streamlines the recruitment process for all people at the company--simplifies tracking, scheduling, and email automation for everyone, myself, my co-workers, and candidates (I hope). It is basically our in-house recruitment coordinator.

Lever review by Johnny S.
Johnny S.

"Best ATS on the Market"

What do you like best?

I love the UI and collaborative approach to Lever's platform design. We have a complex business with over 800 associates serving as recruiters in the platform. UI and robust functionality was critical as we opened up our search for a new ATS. Lever provided that and so much more. The implementation team was amazing and had us up and running fairly quickly. We have a great customer success team that truly takes the time to understand our needs and support our business.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting module in Lever was better. There's clear metrics, but it's hard to summarize for exec reports. We worked around this by using the API and also leveraging data visualization tools to report out to our executives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that you give Lever a look. Lever Nurture is an add on product, but worth every penny.

We've increased our hiring efficiency by 30%. This is huge when you hire at the scale that we do (several thousand a year). With Lever Nurture, we've also been able to scale back our external CRM costs while keeping all candidate touch points/history in our ATS database. Our email response rates have increased considerably and having the collaborative visibility across our recruiting team has helped streamline our efforts.

Lever review by Peter Ove L.
Peter Ove L.

"Great UX experience"

What do you like best?

I really like the intuitive and straight forward UX. It's easy, as you start to use the software, how to add more levels of features to your daily use and even better how my colleagues can interact efficiently without having to know the system inside out. It's a great product!

What do you dislike?

The interface itself could perhaps be a bit more sexy to look at.

I use Lever to keep all my candidates in one place, external and internal communication is super easy and like their focus on outreach instead of just inbound handling of candidates.

Lever review by Ashlynn A.
Ashlynn A.

"We made a great move!"

What do you like best?

Our Lever Representative Monika has been the most helpful person ever! Our company Credit Sesame switched from Greenhouse to Lever and Monika has tried to make this as smooth as possible without hurting our candidate process to do interviews. Monika has come into our office multiple times to train us and even invited us to her office to train us as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would fix is the reports section! Our team relies on reports from Lever and sometimes they can get a little mixed up

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not recommended Lever to anyone yet

We have switched from Greenhouse to Lever and they have been so responsive and helpful when we need them.

Lever review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Fantastic ATS"

What do you like best?

The user-friendliness of the platform and the customer service.

What do you dislike?

Not much! My only critique would be that I think Lever should create a mobile app for hiring managers to use, who are on-the-go. The platform can be hard to navigate sometimes if you're accessing it via a cell phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend Lever!

We're seeing more applicants and are much more organized with the candidate workflow process. The Lever Nuture feature has also be a tremendous tool which has helped us create a bench of passive candidates.

Lever review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Best, most intuitive and useful ATS ever built"

What do you like best?

Lever is truly amazing. It automates so many manual parts of the recruiting process that are normally a huge P in the A. The UX is simple, easy to use and totally intuitive. Best of all, the folks at Lever are super responsive to our feature requests. The only pet peeves I had with Lever are now gone, within a few months of use. Scheduling is also a breeze...ask your RC how they like it!

What do you dislike?

When you click into reports it defaults to the last date you used, not all dates, so it can appear that you're missing some data. It's possible to spend some time on email with customer service before you figure out that quirk. Also it doesn't spot duplicates. However, I bet they will fix that very soon! We have a feature request in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really the best ATS out there. Highly, Highly recommend.

I tracked how much time we wasted in Greenhouse on passive recruiting and interview scheduling, not counting the other badly organized, non intuitive parts of daily use in it. Lever has saved us hours and hours of work, our time to hire has gone down and our ability to recruit passive candidates has gone way up. We only hired 2 passive candidates in the past ever, now our numbers have gone up. It's priceless actually.

Lever review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"The best 'new generation' ATS and Recruiting software"

What do you like best?

Sales organization, customer success teams are excellent. Ranked #1 of the 30 vendors we evaluated. True consultants and professionals who listen, ask great questions and provide value before during and after the sales cycle. Implementation is exceedingly fast and easy, we were up and running within 60 days. No small feat with 15k+ employees ad operations in 60+ countries. System is intuitive and adoption has been excellent internally by users at all levels of tech sophistication and proclivity. Vital when working with recruiting teams. Can be integrated with almost any internal system, and can also stand alone.

What do you dislike?

Very little to report here. Tons of new features released recently. Further ability to customize views, reporting and mobile functionality would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to create wholistic requirements and a vendor evaluation matrix prior to beginning the cycle.

Collaboration across the hiring cycle has been excellent. Lever allows everyone to participate in one place and resulting in visibility for stakeholders - a significant improvement over past solutions. We have improved in all areas, time to hire, cph, quality etc.

Lever review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Very Effective ATS"

What do you like best?

- Clean Interface

- Intuitive system

- Advanced scheduling and booking tools

- easy customization

What do you dislike?

The agency portal needed some work, but Lever has already begun to implement changes that will correct this.

It took me very little time to come up to speed with Lever and I immediately felt comfortable performing all tasks within the tool. It provides an incredible platform to connect with our hiring managers and as an internal recruiter managing a high volume of positions, the real-time communication capabilities are a game-changer. I'm a big fan.

Lever review by Leigh D.
Leigh D.

"Easy implementation & easy user experience"

What do you like best?

Candidate being the single source of truth makes so much sense!

Logical/customizable flow, easy posting & sourcing (the Linked In extension is awesome!)

Feedback form, scheduling, tagging....it's all there

What do you dislike?

We are just a week out from implementation so we don't have any negative feedback so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Admin experience = A

Hiring manager experience = A

Reporting = B

Candidate experience = A

Implementation = A

A truly single source for all applicants, job postings and then tracking/reporting on recruiting metrics.

Learn more about Lever

Lever Videos

Learning about Lever?

* We monitor all Lever reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(176 reviews)