LexisNexis Newsdesk®

LexisNexis Newsdesk is a media intelligence solution that allow users to easily and comprehensively search, analyze, and share market intelligence.

Work for LexisNexis Newsdesk®?

Learning about LexisNexis?

LexisNexis Newsdesk® Reviews

Ask LexisNexis a Question
Showing 35 LexisNexis reviews
LexisNexis review by Lauren E.
Lauren E.

"Unmatched media monitoring"

What do you like best?

Newsdesk is very easy to use! Detailed analytics provide at-a-glance data about the performance of search terms, key messages, company spokespersons and reputation management campaigns. LexisNexis provides the most comprehensive licensed content, as well. Search is relatively simple and intuitive. And the customer service can't be beat; they are always there to help troubleshoot, set up a new search or dashboard, or train new users on the platform.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more customized templates and non-Boolean search options. But other than that, I'm very happy with the tool.

LexisNexis provides our comprehensive media monitoring services. In addition, we use this tool for competitive intelligence and to identify reporters or media outlets with which our clients should align. It's a great way to stay on top of what's happening in our clients' industries.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LexisNexis Newsdesk®
LexisNexis review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"Best tool ever for media monitoring - unlimited search"

What do you like best?

Unlimited Search, sources and geographies unlike Meltwater or Carma that we have been using in the past that make you pay per keyword per region,

I also like the Dashboard and newsletter/ alert showing results in real time

I also like the versatility of the solution to do more than just monitoring a press release but do so much more not only in the communication space but accross all departments

What do you dislike?

the design of newsdesk could have been better, they could have made it closer to the actual standard but doesnt change anything regarding the content (print and online) or all those bits and piece that make this a great tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

once you start using Newsdesk you can realize how much you can do, not only for PR but for so much more.

our legal department use it to track regulations

our Supply chain department use it to monitor our third parties

Marketing use it, Sales use it and obviously our communication too

We are using newsdesk for more that what we purchased it for

- Competitor analysis

- regulation tracking

- press coverage

- research

- new business

- internal newsletters

- reporting

What Media and Influencer Targeting solution do you use?

LexisNexis review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Using LexisNexis Newsdesk in higher education"

What do you like best?

Excellent daily reporting and links to audio and video. I have it set to report three times a day to my email and it has often allowed us to react quickly to reporting that requires our attention.

What do you dislike?

I have not figured out a good way to eliminate all repetitive reporting. There are also results that come from allied institutions that use part of our name, but aren't us. Hard to figure out how to eliminate that noise.

Thoroughly monitoring media hits. It captures more than any other tool I have used.

LexisNexis review by Mike B.
Mike B.

" Very helpful "

What do you like best?

All of the LexisNexis functions are helpful, advantageous and fits in with what I do. I am on Lexis Advance itself daily and find it a valued adjunct to my role a a journalist.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything is helpful, unaware of any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutly use it

Finding needed info on stories I am filing.

LexisNexis review by Cheryl K.
Cheryl K.

"Lexis Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes a tedious job of research more efficient and less painful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it seems a bit hard to understand all of the functions it offers. Lexis generally has been more confusing then competing research tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just spend extra time reviewing the website and getting comfortable with it and then you won't feel so confused and flustered while trying to sort everything out.

It has decreased the time I spend thumbing through different outlets and websites for market information.

LexisNexis review by Lisa V.
Lisa V.

"Always confident"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user friendly. I have to train people on the system and they catch on quick, which makes my work easier!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a feature I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skip the check on other programs. This is the one for you. Very reliable,

We know, from the start, that we are posting accurate data and do not have to second guess our information. Peace of mind for sure.

LexisNexis review by User

"Applicable and Reliable"

What do you like best?

You can tailor to your professional needs easily and you always get the most updated and reliable news right to your homepage. You can use the Lexis site to connect to relevant sources on particular topics and you can easily find links to ongoing stories.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing really to dislike. Lexis nexis and related apps are fairly high cost, but they can be very helpful. Particularly in the legal profession, depending on what area you practice in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and navigate. Reliable reporting and good for finding additional sources and following developments.

Research and staying up to date on changes in legal issues and applicability.

LexisNexis review by Savannah W.
Savannah W.

"My experience with Lexis Nexis has been positive and useful. "

What do you like best?

My experience with Lexis Nexis has been positive and useful because I am able to look up information I need to further pursue a story I am working on.

What do you dislike?

Lexis Nexis would be more helpful if there was additional criteria to narrow down the person I am looking for by business or other factors

Provides access to contact information for potential story subjects.

LexisNexis review by Mayra M.
Mayra M.

"Great tool used to develop thesis"

What do you like best?

What I loved about Lexis Nexis was using it as a tool to develop my thesis. It was easy to search and exactly what I needed for data.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that the CMS interface looks a bit outdated.

LexisNexis Newsdesk solves the issue of finding enough data useful for research and development.

LexisNexis review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Complicated at first; easy after use"

What do you like best?

There’s so much to be in control of that it helps make the tasks at hand quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

Because there is so much that you’re free to control, it takes a while to learn this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You’ll love this program

Getting information and copy to the public faster. Benefitted us by cutting time of stories going live.

LexisNexis review by Benicia L.
Benicia L.

"Unique, quick, and informative in one. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy LexisNexis is to access and how a multitude of people can easily access it.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the fact that the filtering scheme for LexisNexis is difficult to use.

Market Research and benefits are that there are a multitude of topics on anything I research.

LexisNexis review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

Lexis Nexis is an amazing product and can be used in so many aspects of the day today.

What do you dislike?

Lexis Nexis can be hard to learn as there are so many different aspects but once you have learned it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and make sure it is a product you really need. It takes a long time to learn how to use.

it has added and streamlines multiple processes that would normally take much longer with multiple different ways.

LexisNexis review by User in Internet

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis is a very useful tool in researching both topics and people. It gives a national look at an affordable price, going more in-depth than many research tools when digging into public governmental records and records on the web.

What do you dislike?

The tool could be more comprehensive in terms of what it includes so you know what has already been covered when researching a tropic.

It helps in doing journalism research. It helps to dig into topics more easily, thoroughly and in a more reliable way.

LexisNexis review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Pleasantly surprised "

What do you like best?

Loved that its easy and very secure program to use for legal research. Great for lawyers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really that i disliked when it comes to this program that comes to me.

Research for media office

LexisNexis review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Good way to find print content"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate search results, advanced search, speed with which print hits are uploaded and searchable.

What do you dislike?

Advanced search could have more parameters.

Easy way to find print sources in one place. I can't have a subscription to every print outlet that my clients might be mentioned in, so this is a good way for me to keep track of the hits in outlets that I don't receive physical copies of.

LexisNexis review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"A Quantitative Researchers Best Friend"

What do you like best?

I appreciated how simple it made my research process. All of my news articles were easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything about it. The thought of it was overwhelming, but in reality it was pretty simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that it is helpful for businesses and also students and professors!

I needed to find news articles for a quantitative research project for an internship.

LexisNexis review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Easy interface overall, but difficult to set up search queries"

What do you like best?

The lay-out of the software is very clear and pleasant to look at.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to set up specific search queries.

Easy way to monitor the news.

LexisNexis review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"GOOD EXPERIENCE "

What do you like best?

ABILITY TO SEARCH FOR GUESTS WE ARE INTERESTED IN BOOKING

What do you dislike?

HARD TO FIND PEOPLE SOMETIMES. WEBSITE DIFFICULT TO MANEUVER

LOOKING FOR GUESTS INTERESTED IN BOOKING FOR SHOWS

LexisNexis review by Miela F.
Miela F.

"Love LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

Best is the accessibility of the program.

What do you dislike?

I wish the program was easier to understand from the beginning.

Use this system to research.

LexisNexis review by Yousra J.
Yousra J.

"Excellent service "

What do you like best?

Love using LexisNexis for daily operations!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. LexisNexis works great; just expensive.

Conflict searches.

"LexisNexis Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it is one of the best programs available for researchers to conduct profound investigations. Also, I find it to be a premier provider for legal, government, and business information sources.

What do you dislike?

I like the program overall but my complaint is with the price.

I have solved problems with regard to research, information, and interconnectivity.

LexisNexis review by Agency in E-Learning
Agency in E-Learning

"lexisnexis"

What do you like best?

This was wonderful because it was current plus lexis use to have a system built in that would have current news happening and it would lock together past stories that were up-to-date to current stories.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can remember from when I used it.

newspaper and library needs.

LexisNexis review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Should be a useful product as the company uses it more."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of connection between the user and the consumer

What do you dislike?

Some of the lingo is too detailed and print seems outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really read all the features and benefit solutions it has to offer before making the purchase.

The visualization tools seems to be a benefit for my colleges.

"Hard to navigate"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive content that LexisNexis offers to users.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is too intricate to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like the company to improve its user interface and search algorithm.

Researching potential stories for the Newsdesk. I occasionally have some luck finding great clips.

LexisNexis review by User

"Great for reseach"

What do you like best?

When looking up old cases for stories, LexisNexus is one of the best platforms.

What do you dislike?

The website isn't always user friendly and I can't always find every case I'm looking for

Being able to conduct research of past cases for stories.

LexisNexis review by User in Higher Education

"Lexis is a good tool for social media productivity."

What do you like best?

Accessibility and familiarity with other Lexis products.

What do you dislike?

The price point, while not terrible, is a little high for my office for sustained use.

Targeting social media communications, trending topics in my area of concentration, and other data tasks.

LexisNexis review by User in Public Policy
User in Public Policy

"Review for LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

Very comprehensive access to media and legal resources.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly, especially if you are not an attorney.

Was looking for easy access to media sources, but also having needs meet by Meltwater

LexisNexis review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"LexisNexis is my go to whenever I am searching cases."

What do you like best?

I like the ease to sift through information. It is easy to use whenever I am researching or shepardizing case laws.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to directly download information.

Researching employment law information.

LexisNexis review by User in Research
User in Research

"unnecessary and expensive"

What do you like best?

the user interface works well and is fairly intuitive

What do you dislike?

This is a high price to pay for information that should be available freely

I need to stay informed

User in Broadcast Media

"Very helpful and useful"

What do you like best?

The access to vital information on-demand.

What do you dislike?

Better ways to weed out bad information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More ways to access public records to find people.

Access to important newsgathering information.

LexisNexis review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"High Quality Alerts When They Happen"

What do you like best?

I like the dependability and credibility.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the high saturation of severe weather alerts.

Stay in the know of worldwide events on one platform.

"Very easy to use "

What do you like best?

Simple lay out, easy to follow instructions

What do you dislike?

Often one too many sub pages hard to find specifics

Helps give good background fast

LexisNexis review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Lexis Nexis "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate

Straight forward sign up process

What do you dislike?

Search algorithms aren't up to par

Could used improvement

increase unique website visitor

Expand target audience

LexisNexis review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Software that is reliable."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, looking up information is efficient.

What do you dislike?

Can take a while occasionally to find certain public records

Background checks on individuals

User in Broadcast Media

"essential tool for outreach"

What do you like best?

easy to use, seemingly endless database of contacts

What do you dislike?

can be difficult to find specific things - very sensitive to keywords

finding guests/influencers

Learning about LexisNexis Newsdesk®?

* We monitor all LexisNexis Newsdesk® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.