PCLaw®

PCLaw® takes the headaches out of running the business of law with software that enables firms to easily manage matters; track time, expenses, calendar appointments and tasks; bill and collect payment from clients; pay vendors; reconcile bank statements; and manage trust accounts-all from a single source.

Work for PCLaw®?
Clio leaderpracrmang  2x

Learning about PCLaw®?

PCLaw® Reviews

Showing 22 PCLaw® reviews
PCLaw® review by <span>Sean C.</span>
Sean C.

PCLaw is a good find for a smaller firm

What do you like best?

I work in a small IP law firm with three partners, and myself as the office manager. This software works great for a firm of our size. It's easy to use and can hold a good amount of matters (we should be able to grow quite a bit, while still being able to use PCLaw). The daily entry of time, expenses, etc is very easy once set up.

What do you dislike?

The software is definitely dated, and I have some issues with crashing and other weird/buggy behavior. I have to set the default printer every time I log on in order to avoid multiple pop-ups when trying to print a document/report (which definitely doesn't take much time, but it can get annoying).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a law firm who has a lot of clients/matters, PCLaw may not be available for you. My old firm grew to a point where they had to switch to Juris because they had too many matters in the system. If you're a smaller firm who needs an accounting software that is easy to use and can quickly get bills out to get you paid, this is a great product.

This software is easy enough to use that we do not need to hire an accounting professional to be able to run on a day-to-day basis. It is very easy to put in lawyer's time and get bills out quickly to clients, which helps our cash flow.

IP law is a very niche market, and the fact that PCLaw is able to keep up with a heavy amount of matters, each having a different number/code helps us stay organized.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PCLaw®
PCLaw® review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

Not too bad, just don't hit 'Enter'

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to navigate and edit. Nothing too complicated that would need training. I also like that I can easily see the time of the employees that are working for me and how many hours have been devoted to each case.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little more intuitive and that I didn't have to open separate windows to enter new time vs. see old time and entries. Perhaps because I access it through Citrix, but it just always seems weird to toggle through from entry to entry. And if you hit Return/Enter, then everything is submitted and you have to go and edit it in a different window or open a new one to continue adding entries. Also, I don't think anyone in the world ever uses that timer. Also, there are some pop-ups that keep coming up that you have to change settings on or else you will be continually annoyed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you would have to do a cost-benefit analysis. I don't know what the pricing is on this, but I wasn't particularly thrilled.

It is a relatively easy way to get your billing done.

What Legal Practice Management solution do you use?

PCLaw® review by <span>Thomas T.</span>
Thomas T.

Strong Brand

What do you like best?

That it has a great support system. Also it accurate and does avoid a lot of common errors found in some date programs. Also with the newer updates, one can work with third party systems which is a help in transfers and other issues that may arise.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more integration with Mac products. It is too PC dependent I am not able to change my system because of that

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am personally a fan of lexis Nexis products they are of high quality and are helpful for the seasoned lawyer to the PRO-se rookie.

The issues solved are that the operations of the organization are more organized. The management has a system that organizes their calendar and cases to make them easily accessible to all who need them.

PCLaw® review by <span>Laura Tomasso B.</span>
Laura Tomasso B.

PCLaw User Review

What do you like best?

Being able to track everything in PCLaw, including managing cases, tracking time, billing, and accounting. The program is very user friendly and all new users have picked up on the program very fast.

What do you dislike?

The program often runs slow. The timer feature is great unless you forget to stop it when you're done using it with a specific case matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as programs for a law firm, PCLaw is top notch compared to other programs on the market.

Being able to track every single billable hour in one place for multiple case matters at a time is a huge time saver! Billable time is more accurate, especially with the timer feature.

PCLaw® review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

Client Relations Review on PC Law

What do you like best?

I like the detail of the contacts, being able to type in additional notes, and categorizing client types.

What do you dislike?

Always freezes. Super slow load time. Once it freezes, it is frustrating to have slow load time to get it up and running again. If it freezes, you are looking at a good 5 minutes just waiting to get back where you were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Easy tracking of client matters and notes, which I use most often when assisting in contacting clients. That way, the attorneys know if I have reached out, what was said, etc.

PCLaw® review by <span>Zack G.</span>
Zack G.

PCLaw has met my needs

What do you like best?

PCLaw's usability helps me get the info I need without taking up much valuable time.

What do you dislike?

It seems loading time is excessive at times, but that's minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

discuss bundling other lexisNexis solutions as well. account mngr should be open that that convo

Stay on top of a ton of administrative details that used to get away from me

Learning about PCLaw®?

* We monitor all PCLaw® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.