LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™

4.0

LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™, a Web-based product available as a stand-alone or within Salesforce.com, maximizes your sales performance and better leverages your CRM investment by helping to identify opportunities, with reliable intelligence on 80 million companies, 63 million executives and 1,000 industries

Work for LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™?

Learning about Prospect Portfolio™?

Compare LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™ to Similar Solutions

LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™ Reviews

Showing 12 Prospect Portfolio™ reviews
Prospect Portfolio™ review by User

"LexisNexis for development professionals is a true workhorse"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis for Development and in the standard view with the additional public records plugin is essential for prospect research. The ability to use Boolean language to set up large coverage searches and alerts is key to keeping tabs on hundreds of prospects in individual portfolios over the period of years.

What do you dislike?

I prefer the advanced search features and tend to stay away from the standard Company and News searches - I prefer to hand select my resources. LexisNexis is a huge database of print, media, online, and newswires that we cannot access otherwise. To limit a search to just news, just company info, etc. is to limit the results. I use the advanced Boolean driven feature to stay on top of prospect development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to use the classic LexisNexis and not select LexisNexis for development professionals - or if that is the selection, seek out the Advanced Search training that is available.

We have built profiles using the search results of LexisNexis by finding alumni, donors, personal contact info and more. We would be forced to use 3 or more individually priced other services were it not for the comprehensive aggregation of information on LN.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™
Prospect Portfolio™ review by Agency in Higher Education
Agency in Higher Education

"Great for expanding new prospects lists"

What do you like best?

Contains a large number of companies and the program gives a good amount of helpful information. Contact information is available for most companies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the companies are difficult to find and may be listed under a different name. If the search is not exactly right you could miss your prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that you may have to do some thorough digging to find the right company. Look for old names the company may have been listed as in the past.

LexisNexis helped us expand our list of prospective clients. It put us in touch with the right people to get our foot in the door.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Prospect Portfolio™ review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great for building company lists"

What do you like best?

I love how the application can build company lists and reveal relevant information about the company so I can target them in my sales presentations.

What do you dislike?

The formatting is a bit backwards in some of the searches. I also wish I could run data reports about how many times a certain company is hit in a search.

I am solving an issue with developing new leads for customers to buy our products.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Very useful for Business Verification"

What do you like best?

They have a very useful API for Business Verification, Small Business Risk score and riskview, all these services provides invaluable insight onto our customers businesses. The quick API integration makes it very easy to integrate in our processes.

What do you dislike?

The match percentage with the information you send through their API and their database is not great. We have to pass in the DUNS number in order to improve the hit rate for accurate match. I wish their matching algorithm was a little more on par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It improves our insight but this is not the end all be all of portfolio management.

Allowing us to get an insight into our customers as they seek out services from us

Prospect Portfolio™ review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

" Very informative "

What do you like best?

It provides a way to keep track of potential business clients and will allow you to be informed on their current developments.

What do you dislike?

Some companies lack helpful bits of information.

No app is perfect, but LexisNexis is great at providing information about potential clients. In the future I’d love a more comprehensive write up of each company.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by User in Higher Education

"LexisNexis for Prospect Research"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface helps me quickly identify prospects by specific identifiers: name, age, address. The DOB is immensely helpful when determining I, II, II, IV, etc.

What do you dislike?

The social media locator is hit or miss.

When evaluating capacity, properties and companies persons are affiliated with are included in the report, making things easier for me to locate in public records.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Fantastic Prospecting and Nurturing Tool"

What do you like best?

The breadth of information is outstanding. Additionally, I love that it integrates with Salesforce. I've been able to glean new info about contacts, news about companies, analyst reports and SWOT information. Great tool for business intelligence, prospecting and nurturing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the SWOT information isn't available on more companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering tools to help prospecting this tool is a natural choice because you are setting yourself up for the future with great info to nurture the lead along.

Prospecting, Business Intelligence, Nurturing

Prospect Portfolio™ review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Has helped me build lists for marketing purposes."

What do you like best?

Prospect portfolio is really easy to use. I like how I can stay up to date with what's happening with potential clients, as well as build lists based on my needs.

What do you dislike?

For what its purpose is, this program works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, even just to understand the benefits you might get out of it.

We have a business problem of not having a systemized way of marketing to new clients. We don't do a great job keeping track of various potential clients, and staying updated on what new developments are happening. Instead our marketing approach has been somewhat haphazard. This system has allowed us to better organize our marketing efforts, to keep in touch with and check in on potential clients on a regular basis.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"A one-stop shop"

What do you like best?

I aggregates data from EVERYWHERE. It's always the first place I go, especially when looking for executive contact info.

What do you dislike?

The company information seems to be less comprehensive than the executive info - but still incredibly useful.

Our business is connecting people with the right jobs - and the first step is identification. LexisNexis is a significant part of that.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by Agency in Retail
Agency in Retail

"Beginners Confusion"

What do you like best?

The information is precise, thorough and to the point

What do you dislike?

Can be a little confusing at the beginning, lots of information

Underwriting

Prospect Portfolio™ review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Good, Detailed Information"

What do you like best?

A great, new tool, available from LexisNexis regarding lead and opportunity generation. The data rates with all of the other large data providers. Fully integrated with Salesforce makes it a winner.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When choosing a data provider for leads, etc .. in the end it will all come down to cost. This one ranks in the middle compared to the other vendors.

Prospect Portfolio™ review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"LexisNexis Prospect Portfolio"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis Prospect Portfolio is easy to use

What do you dislike?

I wish Prospect Portfolio cost less to use

It helps me find leads on new clients

Learning about LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™?

* We monitor all LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare LexisNexis® Prospect Portfolio™ to Similar Solutions