Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(371 reviews)

Your team needs easy access to photos, videos and more so everyone can upload, organize and share all of your creative assets. Our simple, secure cloud-based digital asset management platform gives your team control and flexibility so everyone can upload, organize and share assets in a way that works for them. Research shows teams using Libris digital asset management save over 26 hours a week. But with Libris, you’ll do more than save time and money. Trusted by hundreds of clients across industries, Libris empowers you to make the most of your digital assets.

Work for Libris?

Learning about Libris?

Libris Reviews

Ask Libris a Question
Showing 379 Libris reviews
Libris review by Anay M.
Anay M.

"Great service highly recommend"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the program is to navigate and how easy it makes it to organize files. It makes our images much more organized and when it comes time to provide images for marketing the graphic designers are then able to choose the best ones.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more features available for tags such as being able to move tags higher up in a batch

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this programs to other companies. Not only is it easy to use but it makes it easy to train other and allow access to multiple users who may not need the entire files. Customer service with this program has also been amazing anytime we have a question they have always been so helpful in being able to find an answer.

Libris is making our photos much more accessible to the marking and therefore making our marketing images much more relevant and effective.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Libris
Libris review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Libris Image Database in a University Setting"

What do you like best?

I find that its ease of use to be one of the most important aspects, from my end as a very busy University photographer, and on the other end, academics and staff that are not that familiar with image technology.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike. My boss gripes about the cost, but that is a not a problem in my book. If it works as great as Libris does, than it cannot be too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was originally skeptical about putting images in the cloud. But Libris changed my thinking. It was fast, safe and easy to use for both the user and the clients. From originally working with Cumulus, I was expecting a difficult deployment and a clumsy interface. Libris was neither. It worked right out of the box. Oh, I had questions, lots of questions, but the service people were always great with answering them. And, they would check back to make sure that I was doing ok. So, my recommendation is, if you need a image database that will work for you and not the other way around, you need to get Libris.

It has solved a lot of my time management problems. I put the images up once and spread them across the university spectrum of clients and forget it. They access the images they want, because they only see what they want. I have very few calls now "where can I find these images,' and 'I forgot my password.' The biggest benefit that "I" have realized is that I sleep much more soundly at night knowing that my images are safe and secure at Libris. Before, when I was the office techie and server operator, besides being University Photographer, my biggest worry was losing all my images to some calamity. Now I don't worry that much.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Libris review by Charles A. S.
Charles A. S.

"It's a fantastic tool for displaying and sharing our work with contributors, and the university."

What do you like best?

The most significant feature is my ability to share content with both our external and internal clients under a secure environment in a highly professional manner. We also love the ability to extract filed imagery with quick ease once we've applied the right keywords via imbedded metadata. We like that we've integrated our brand via Photoshelter into our social media platforms. We are working on pushing more viewers to our web pages and the like. We are also more interested sharing images in realtime by using this product.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more creative view controls on the front page similar to the other web based photography pages. I would like to see more controls integrated with social media platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on companies who have similar digital management tools.

We have an avenue to easily manage files and getting them to clients more efficiently. We are working on making our university webpages more image driven and Photoshelter has helped by introducing more images to our external and internal clients.

Libris review by Obed O.
Obed O.

"Great service for any nonprofit looking for a way to organize & quickly locate their digital assets."

What do you like best?

The user interface is not cluttered and intuitive for first-time users. I also enjoy the speed at which I am able to navigate and interact with the web portal, there is no lag or delay jumping from one section of the system to another. But I think what I've liked the most and what informed a big part of my organization's decision to sign up the service is the customer service we've received even before we were customers. Being able to know people at their office on a first name basis and reach out to them with any issues, questions, or concerns is what really made signing up for Libris an easy decision.

What do you dislike?

Most of my "dislikes" are just areas of the interface that could use improvement. Drag and drop functionality for importing or exporting files would be great and also the addition of AI to be able to "read" an image and suggest useful tagging and metadata suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Libris DAM system continues to grow in its functionality and ease of use but meets the need of any company, brand, or organization looking for a way to organize and easily share their assets. Their customer service is unparalleled and made our decision to subscribe to their service that much easier!

More than anything we are trying to organize the thousands of photos that we take each year in a systemic and methodic way that allows us to be able to search for and locate images (and assets) quickly. We currently spend a good amount of time trying to search for the perfect picture and that time will be cut drastically once we continue to build out our asset library.

Libris review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"A great way to add structure to a crazy busy team"

What do you like best?

I love that you can create detailed structure and then be able to search back through the images. We have a large team of 15+ who use this platform to find images and it's been great to have structure in place for thousands and thousands of images. The galleries are a great way to organize our individual divisons of the school and located all of their images quickly. I will be looking into the features for uploading videos here in the next month and I am excited to see what the platform can do to ease the storage issue we have currently for all of our footage/b-roll/videos.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more intuitive auto-tagging system. It would be nice if the program could sense what was in the image and suggest tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large entity, like we are, implementing a service like this that organizes all of you individual areas is key. This has been so helpful to create structure and we spend less time sending around links and more time doing actual work.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is a great way to collect all of our images and store them in a structured way that is easy to search back through. Without this, we were using individual folders in cloud storage and having to send links every time someone needed an image. Boy, this has helped so much!

Libris review by Kevin  M.
Kevin M.

"Bringing us into the future..."

What do you like best?

We struggled with remote access of assets (mostly through slow VPN connections) and organization (multiple networked drives and littered assets) before signing on with Libris. In the 10 months we've been on the platform, we've cataloged nearly 180,000 digital assets and it's greatly improved our team's workflow.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. We could get better at using the outside sharing functionality to extend the reach of our digital assets and maybe better understand the reporting tools that come along with the platform to know how many of those items are being accessed and downloaded. Just need more hands tagging images, hard to keep up with the quantity we're adding every day.

We've been able to reduce the turnaround time for our photographers shooting events and delivering to the end user. Instead of waiting for CDs to be mailed (yep, that's old school) we can have photos uploaded during events or shortly after - all tagged and ready to be searched and used by our content creation teams, which help us tell our best story.

Libris review by Meghan P.
Meghan P.

"Layout's Made Easy"

What do you like best?

As a graphic designer, I test out upwards of 20 photos per image space to find the best one that fits my content and layout. Being able to use the Libris connector makes it easy to sort through albums, search for specific keywords and see how different photos will look before downloading (and eating up precious hard-drive space). This has made layout work much more efficient and ensures that I am choosing the best photos for my design projects

What do you dislike?

If I ever disconnect from internet (or my login session times out) while using the connector in the middle of a project, I have to manually find and re-link the photos that I was working with. Also, sometimes, I can't get photos to show clearly, and have to delete the link and replace them within the design document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated staff person in charge of creating company wide standards. Hire photo management interns to help upload and tag photos during setup.

I work for a non-profit with a ton of photo assets that span multiple countries and topics. Being able to tag photos with useful keywords and using the comprehensive search tool has cut my photo searching time in half or more. In addition, having the ability to create albums and share photos with our partners and staff around the world has made telling our story even easier and more impactful.

Libris review by Chioke B.
Chioke B.

"Libris for our University"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Libris for us is the ability it gives us to distribute images and visual files to folks one and off campus.

What do you dislike?

The thing that we like least is the fact that it isn't as user-friendly as I think it could be. I often get calls from people who simply could not figure out how to navigate the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Libris is a wonderful tool and is recommended for large businesses or universities who need a great deal of control over their visual assets.

The main problem that Libris has solved for our university is in image distribution. We needed a secure way to deliver images and Libris really delivers in that area. It's been a huge benefit also in that I can allow us to deliver images even from home.

Libris review by Lorna Y.
Lorna Y.

"For A Bespoke Menswear Company"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to organize the thousand of product photos into easy-to-find folders for my stores to find.

What do you dislike?

When you run a search for a keyword, it'd be great if, when you click on a single photo result, it tells you where in your root path that image lives (on the sidebar, where all of the tags and other image info is listed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so worth it. Using Google Drive to organize our 3 20,000 images was a nightmare. Libris has cut my image searching in half.

With keywords, it's allowing to find all necessary photos for a single product code.

Libris review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"Powerful and comprehensive photo management"

What do you like best?

The amount of control given to the user is powerful: controlled access, metadata, organisation of images. These are invaluable tools as our picture library expands every week. The Lightroom integration is fantastic and gives an immediate, real time ability to update our library to distribute images to employees and external agencies who may need them.

What do you dislike?

The entry point isn't cheap for smaller organisations, and the backend presentation of images could be a lot more modern/slick to help employees looking for images who may be familiar with search criteria or image libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a comprehensive and powerful system in the right hands which gives you complete control over how you use your image library. The integration with Lightroom is useful but the plugin has some frustrating bugs which duplicate folders when syncing. A demo period would be recommended to make sure it is the right product for you, and the entry point isn't cheap.

Flickr is our current system, and while it has a nice presentation which our employees love, it doesn't have the powerful backend tools to help help make us searchable to other organisations and handle the increasingly unwieldy size of our image library. By having total access to all our images in one place, we can now make our image library a more manageable and powerful tool not just internally but to show off our product and culture.

Libris review by Gerardo M.
Gerardo M.

"Highly recommended service!"

What do you like best?

Easy to move around and program. It makes images much more accessible to organize and easy to view and manage. It is also not a cluttered program where everything is on just one screen everything is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were tags so I could like view certain images in one spot. I would like to be able to have more controls with social media platforms because I believe that is what would make us much more relevant. So mainly its just interface that could be worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If youre a large business like ourselves organizing images for marketing is key so you can move into the direction you want to move towards faster. This has been helpful to us to create structure towards the organization of our images for marketing purposes.

Libris is making our images much more relevant and giving us more marking to our images. We are also organizing our images better using Libris by Photoshelter.

Libris review by Art R.
Art R.

"Good but not Great"

What do you like best?

The upload process is fast and easy. I have never had an image file it has not been able to handle. The site loads images fast and searches fast as well.

What do you dislike?

When collections get to large it starts have issues. The almost look like they are resorting as you scroll as they pop in and out. I wish it could create fake name for file when sharing them with clients. I wish the software had better images recognition software, it would be very helpful if it could even recognize color, IE search for red art.

I wish the software had better ingratiation with inDesign when using data merge. I do most of my presentation with that and it would save me a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to send other users paths. IE Libris\red art\sample art.jpg

We have a large library of image from several publishers. This helps us tag and share them. It is also much faster to find an image with search then it was on our network saving me and the rest of the team countless hours on large project.

The ability for our clients to rate the image they do and dont like has made creating custom art for them much easier and quicker.

We also use the mobile app when we are on site to share image of clients other art or color boards with the home team.

Libris review by Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of Libris mainly because of the storage. It's easy access photos when I'm not connected to the server. Honestly, I'm just a fan of what it offers, not anything in particular. I haven't used any others like it (Except for Dropbox), Libris is better Dropbox, but it does what it says it going to do.

What do you dislike?

I've had an issue of with downloading sometimes. When I download a photo, I can't seem to find the photo sometimes. I search my computer because it could be my fault. But when I go to search for it, it's not on my computer. then I have to go through the process of downloading it again. Not a huge fan of having to use one person's name since, it's just one account we have at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oddly seems to work better on Windows than MAC. but no big issues.

Accessing photos for advertising when I'm not connected to the server.

Libris review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"An Excellent Choice for Companies and Individuals with Huge Photo and Video Storage Needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can transfer and store photos and videos. There was very little I needed to do in the way of training, both for myself and others who have helped me transfer files and store them. The dashboard is intuitive and efficient.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Libris is the limit that is placed on users. I work at an independent school and often have students helping me tag photos. I've made one user name that all of them utilize, but I wish I could give each of them their own user name. I would also like to have the ability to give more of my colleagues their own user names and passwords that would give them the same capabilities that I have. Right now I have to upload and delete photos for them.

This is not a dislike, but I would love to see facial recognition become part of the Libris package. The tagging system is great but what would be even better would be to not have to tag people at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend Libris to others. It is solid, reliable, and easy to use.

Tagging and storing of photos. In our communication office we are often searching our files for specific photos. In the past the burden has fallen on one individual--the photographer--to know where specific photos are located. Now that the photos are tagged, others can search for photos and be offered a number of options, all without the photographer's help.

Libris review by Emma E.
Emma E.

"Such a helpful tool! "

What do you like best?

Our team has really benefitted from the clear, clean organization of assets in Libris. Sharing photos and other digital media has never been easier for us because of this tool.

What do you dislike?

In the future, it would be great to see Libris adopt the AI technology for metadata tagging that some of its competitors have already implemented. I find the tagging process a bit cumbersome, but once done, being able to sort by tags is a great way to find photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask as many questions as possible of your rep when considering Libris. We found that the Libris team was helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to work around our timeline and needs to ensure that this was the right solution for us. I would recommend having the Libris team demo the tool to other individuals you work with who will also be heavy users so that you can get their buy-in as well.

My organization previously used a server-based file-folder system. Only select individuals had access to the files, so I spent a lot of time manually sharing files by email, Google Drive, or Dropbox, with others who needed them but couldn't get into the image server. This process took me away from important priorities. Also, with staffing transitions and simple human error, the extensive foldering system had gotten out of control, with folders not all following the same naming conventions. It was very challenging to even find the right files. Libris has thus far solved those woes.

Libris review by Administrator

"A basic DAM for image management"

What do you like best?

Libris has basic DAM functionality that is easy and intuitive to use. We utilize multiple photographers and the upload process has been easy for them to understand.

What do you dislike?

The split between the administrative interface and the end-user portal can be confusing for some of our key users, who fall into both categories. Also, paying per seat for administrative access is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know the system and plan on evolving your workflow as you go.

We use Libris to store and organize our photography library. Users on campus and on the Marketing and Communications team can use Libris to find images needed for their projects. Being able to define granular permissions by collection and library has been a nice feature addition for us, from our old DAM. We have developed an efficient workflow to help us process the incoming images and identify the images that are most useful.

Libris review by Charles L.
Charles L.

"Great Functionality at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

I like that Libris allows the user to show a publicly viewable librarywith watermarked imagery to those who may be browsing the library and may not be sure if they are ready to download assets. This keeps the commitment level at a minimum while still allowing access.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have much that I dislike about Libris. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the limited support for videos and video thumbnails. If I want to add a video to my library and add a thumbnail, I have to place an image into the section with it to have a thumbnail image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect to save money, but if your primary file format is video, consider that you will have to manually enter data for each file.

We are able to house all of our visual assets and share them from one place all for a lower price than our previous service.

Libris review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A whole new way of organizing"

What do you like best?

We had been using folders to organize our photos for a long time, and it was cumbersome and slow. I love that I can find what I need very quickly! Between our gallery structure and our metadata, our whole team can reach assets right away.

What do you dislike?

I would really love to see the Lightboxes upgraded. I have a laundry list of things/features I would like to have with them, some of them I can't believe it doesn't do. I think it could be a powerful collaboration tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend a lot of time planning and thinking about how to organize your metadata and your gallery structure. Ask about what others are doing, ask for contact info for other users, use the support system and talk to your account support. There are already some best practices out there worth implementing. And check out the great Libris articles and videos—they highlight all the amazing things it does!

We are finally getting our assets in a sharable, searchable place. We're just starting to see benefits, since we're just getting up and running. At the least, now I can share assets with others at our business, and it's been simple and people are very appreciative. So we're getting our great work out there for others to use, ultimately brand-building.

Libris review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use, a great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to organize thousands of photos. The tag feature allows others to search for the photos they need out of these thousands. I feel safe knowing the photos are secure, easily accessible and shareable. I like the lightbox feature as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the permissions settings can get messy and difficult to organize because of the way they can inherit permissions. I've also been experiencing a bug which won't let me download photos from albums although I have the permissions to. I have to add it to a lightbox and download it from there as a workaround. I don't like that you can't download photos from lightboxes all at once, but have to click through each one and download them individually. If you can download them all at once, it's not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it so you can download all photos at once from lightboxes. Maybe have there a way to mass edit permissions of each folder.

I'm able to tag large amounts of photos and selectively share albums for other employees to use.

Libris review by Administrator

"I'm a photographer and also curate photos that go into our Libris library."

What do you like best?

Libris is great because it helps our clients and colleagues access images with valuable captions and descriptions that are searchable and is available anytime anywhere, which allows for fast turnarounds on tight deadlines.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the administrative side of the portal. Viewing images and setting up galleries and folders is not the most intuitive way to access our photos internally. I understand the interface is mainly intended for the clients to access the images, but hope it would be just as easy on the back side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps archive images and access them worldwide via the internet.

Our challenges that we have solved is helping our designers and clients access all the images in our database with speed and search optimization. Designers can look for images with keywords or browse through galleries. Our clients can view photos in private galleries and download photos specific to a size they need. The benefits have been outstanding in the sense it allows us, the photographers, to be outside creating content and captioning in detail and not be worrying to sit and search through hard drives looking for one image.

Libris review by Cory V.
Cory V.

"Great for cataloging photos"

What do you like best?

Plenty of searchable tags and other options. Helps maintain a library for multiple users with different roles and responsibilities. We have a simple folder structure for the different aspects of our business that helps a user quickly navigate to what they need or they can use metadata tags we've set up to search for what they need.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better integration into other programs such as the adobe and microsoft suites. Also finding it difficult to allow only certain users access to specific parts of the library. Not sure if that's our set up or the tool, but it hasn't been easy to find out how either way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're needs are primarily photo catalog based, this is a fantastic setup. They also feature frequent use cases and tips & tricks in their emails that I've found helpful to explore the product more.

Had many users from different location accessing and creating photography, this helped us organize it and give a central place for all our users to easily access the correct and best photos.

Libris review by Administrator

"Libris makes me organized and efficient "

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign a collection of photos to specific departments at the school. So the athlecitcs deparments can only see the sports photos. The nursing program can only see the health scicnes photos. It makes it easier for them to search for exaclty what they need. And helps from departments using photos that weren't inteneded for them.

The portal is branded to look like our website so visitors don't feel like they're leaving the site to look at images.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike much at all. The only issue I have is when I create a group of emails to give access to a collection, I can't eamil that collection to just one of those users. It has to be to the entire group. (unless I add that individual user to the collection in addition to the group)

Ability to give access to specific images to specific departments. We no longer have departments going rogue with other department's images. It's MUCH easier to monitor.

Libris review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Can't really remember what we did before"

What do you like best?

A very useful piece of software. Due to the search and tagging functions it makes finding assets instant, this mainly is apparent when searching for work produced years ago. The Lightbox feature is mainly used by my colleagues to generate inspiration boards for new projects which streamlines my work flow greatly. Having the collections also allows stakeholders to see all relevant media available for a campaign easily which really speeds up dissemination of new work.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to download a whole Lightbox with one click instead of having to go into each image separately. People have complained that they go to search for something not noticing they're not logged in and get 0 results which is too easy to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly can't really remember how we did things before having DAM software but this is defiantly a huge improvement.

The clarity company wide to what assets are available has majorly cut down time spent on conversations about whats available so I have more time to work on other things.

Libris review by Carrie W.
Carrie W.

"Libris Is A Great Platform that Has A Steep Learning Curve for Infrequent Users"

What do you like best?

As a person who uploads and uses Libris to store thousands of images, I really enjoy Libris' metadata and back-end features that help me store and find images. Libris is pretty user-friendly on the back end, and I value the ease with which I can upload, edit, and find images.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to find resources in the same collection from the search engine side. I have had to come up with the work-around of adding links to the collection within the description so that users can see other photos in the same album from the search view. Adding users and teaching them to access Libris can be difficult, especially because changing their information from the back end can be challenging.

The business benefits include sharing photos with external partners, sharing resources throughout our large, global organization, and having plenty of storage for our digital resources.

Libris review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Outstanding Tool To Manage Digital Assets"

What do you like best?

This tool is allowing for the creation of an outward facing Digital Library, allowing alumni, friends and fans access to a digital repository of Cornell athletics history. Photos can be viewed for free or purchased for posterity. Video clips, game stories, newspaper clippings and more will be available for viewing. For each image and document, there is a corresponding workflow that will allow them to be tagged with metadata and uploaded to the system so they will be searchable in the library.

What do you dislike?

Libris Is an easy to-use web-based system that is easily navigated, but grouping photos for one-time distribution can take some extra time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time in implementing, make sure you have a well thought out philosophy on how to use it. We sought input from other users regarding creating a consistent metadata naming system.

In addition to creating the digital library, it also will allow us an opportunity to sell photography that will create an addition revenue stream.

Libris review by Terrance M.
Terrance M.

"A tool that increases efficiency."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Libris is the ability to create separate galleries that one can send to a third party. You can also password protect those galleries so that it is secure as possible and only available to the people you intend. It is also nice to be able to distribute the files and links to others without worrying about files sizes and delivery. It keeps the team on one accord allowing us access to the files we need to work on together.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing of adding another editor after the initial buy in. If we want to add an editor we must pay a lot to add more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need software that allows the freedom to distribute and share files and edit then this is for you. It is easily one of the best organizational softwares on the market.

Libris allows our business to be more efficient. It is also now easier to share information with third parties that we regularly contract with.

Libris review by Jay B.
Jay B.

"Libris is, by far, the best value"

What do you like best?

Libris is feature packed as a cloud-based solution for managing a few or thousands of digital files. I extensively tested about half a dozen such service and Libris was and is the clear winner. It's amazingly simple to set up and use. It has increased our photography team's efficiency in processing and providing files and has made clients very happy with the ease of obtaining the files.

We are a medium-sized shop with 6 photographers. The system currently holds about 10,000 images. It's fast, integrates well with Adobe products and is obviously a well-designed system.

The Libris team is very responsive and open to suggestions.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike, but I have a couple suggestions for improvement that relate to automatic notifications of incoming files and in more specific administrative privileges.

We had tens of thousand of images floating all over the place, including online, on optical media and on internal servers. None of these allowed for properly processing images so that they are readily available and searchable by clients. Libris does all that and more.

Libris review by Kerin K.
Kerin K.

"Life Changing"

What do you like best?

Ease of upload, search, organization, sharing capabilities, permission levels. We have many different user cases and I love that i can keep people in the areas that they belong and keep control and see what is being downloaded and by whom.

What do you dislike?

It isnt cheap, which is fine, it is completely worth it to the organization. I would like to have more editor seats for the price we are paying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Finding photos was a huge challenge when I started here. You had to remember the date of the game where the thing you were looking for happened. Was such a time suck. This has freed us up to spend more time designing and less time searching for what we want.

I love that I can share galleries with people not in the system, just by providing them a link and a password. Makes it so much easier and faster to get people things when they request them.

Libris review by Greg C.
Greg C.

"Libris is great tool for all professional photographers"

What do you like best?

Libris, and the whole Photoshelter experience has greatly enhanced my business over the past 4 years and really streamlined my workflow and product delivery to my clients. The online sales tool has been great at generating extra revenue and is very simple to set up and fill orders.

The Photoshelter team offers top notch customer service and are always very helpful answering questions and troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

What's not to like? It's a clean, easy to use product, and it works. My clients and I both are very please with it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended Libris to several clients as well as colleagues and will continue to do so. The ability to store images, deliver and share with clients, as well as having an online photostore all in one spot is a great tool for my business.

Product delivery, and having a cloud based archive are the two best features. For years I delivered images to my clients on CDs, then DVDs, and it was very time consuming and honestly not a very good medium. Having a photoshelter account where my clients can access the images they need when they need them has saved me from doing a lot of run around or busy work that doesn't generate revenue.

Libris review by Danna B.
Danna B.

"Easiest and best organized file management system to organize your images and users."

What do you like best?

Everything created for ease of operation from organizing images, downloading individual images and entire appointments, managing access of users, images searches and printing options.

What do you dislike?

Images can be set up to purchase by selecting a tab for individual print orders, print packages and digital download. When we set up these three options for our graduation images, the customer will only see two tab options when searching by the graduates name. The third tab for packages doesn't appear. The customer has to select the "graduation" collection and click through several other collections and galleries to find the image rather than the simple name search. We offer all three options to our customers, so it makes it a little confusing and takes up a little more staff time to assist the customer through the process.

Access can be given only to those who are responsible for using the images. This option allows a person in another department to be responsible for supplying images to there co-workers rather than our staff supplying the images to all the departments on campus. Libris streamlines the image process allowing our photographers more time to shoot.

Libris review by Tina B.
Tina B.

"Libris helped us organize our digital assets more efficiently"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to drag and drop photos to either upload or move them around, share with others, copy images into multiple galleries, create lightboxes, etc.

What do you dislike?

Tagging can be a little clunky at times when trying to tag multiple photos, but I've found work-arounds to clearing tags from all images and adding new ones. The fact that Invited Galleries are not listed alphabetically on the portal view is a big downer for some of our users that do not have back-end access to our library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using a digital asset management application, do it. You will wonder how you ever lived without one!

We are now able to share images among ourselves, particularly when someone unexpectedly has to work from home or on the road, we can share images more easily between departments, we can tag our assets, we can share lightboxes with external contacts, and so much more!

Libris review by Megan C.
Megan C.

"Completely changed our photo management"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to set passwords and expiration dates on downloadable galleries. Being able to share photos quickly with both internal and external teams has become so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Some Lightroom metadata is not searchable, but there are definitely ways to work around this. There are also some bugs with the Lightroom uploader plugin that have not yet been resolved, but I know the team is working on them (syncing the Lightroom catalog with Libris causes empty, duplicate galleries to appear in Libris). Once those bugs are worked out the integration with Lightroom will be absolutely wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give Libris a try. There is so much ability to customize your portal and make it your own. Customize appearance, your metadata, user access. Being able to give different departments different levels of access has made this a dream product for us.

We have completely changed our photo management system. Instead of photos being stored over various computers and servers, our library is now consolidated. Staff can just search for what they need specifically, instead of wading through years of irrelevant images. We especially love being able to keep track of photo ownership, instead of stumbling across an image on someone's desktop and wondering if we have rights to use it.

Libris review by Charles L.
Charles L.

"Affordable meets Versatile!"

What do you like best?

Unlike some DAM systems, Libris has a front-end accessible library interface, allowing users to browse content without an account, a must for our organization which serves numerous media outlets.

What do you dislike?

The capabilities for video are limited. The platform seems to be centered around photos/graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The backend is a bit clunkier than other DAM systems, but once it is mastered, the service can be more of a tool than other DAMS systems.

Distribution of media assets has become a breeze. We can share assets for viewing without granting download access which helps us to vet requests as legitimate or not before we commit to giving users access. Our previous DAM system cost us more than double what we pay for Libris and had only half of the performance.

Libris review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Would Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

Easy organization of assets and even easier distribution to users. DePauw had no photo management system in place before using Libris - everyone loves it - easy to learn - easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to have any real criticism. If had to look somewhere I would look at the captioning functions. That said, I usual complete all the metadata in Photo Mechanic before uploading so it's not totally fair for me to point my finger there because I usually don't use that area - I just find it easier or more intuitive to do it in Photo Mechanic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a system that is easy to implement, organize and distribute assets efficiently, this is your solution.

Needed a central location to store photo assets and to be able to distribute them efficiently - Libris gets an A+

Libris review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Great product for photo catalog"

What do you like best?

I like how you can add meta data to your photos and then search for them internally via a search bar. Plus there are great organizing features and a very visual interface for sharing your photo for review.

What do you dislike?

Some of the add on features for InDesign are extra money per month, also additional users are very pricey.

Sharing photo within the company and uploading a central library of the college throughout all departments. Quickly sending the library of photos. Meta data images. Photo library of events via Marketing & PR. Sharing images quickly and easily via the online portal and quick send.

"Constant learning process"

What do you like best?

The ability to input and search by metadata.

What do you dislike?

The inability to easily navigate to my library. Also unable to drag-and-drop. I want to be able to utilize Libris more like cloud-based hard drive without the need for a linked duplicate on my laptop or local server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product "feels" like it had a lot of potential but still needs refinement.

The problem Libris solves is a definitive way to organize and search our vast photo library. The ability to search that library - stored in a singular repository - carries us light years ahead of where we were. Since we've had multiple people using and contributing to our library on local servers, we have had to deal with photos stored in multiple places, using multiple naming conventions (or none at all) and no easy way to search them.

"Loving Libris!"

What do you like best?

We use Libris to catalog the myriad photos we take work, and it's been LEAGUES better than the photo server we were using for so long. The ability to tag and organize photos into albums and make everything searchable by name (not to mention giving others access so they can "get it themselves") has been transformative for our department.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were a bit more options for tagging and searching, and each photo could benefit from a default "download" button instead of clicking through an action menu, but it still works great for our needs.

We had been using a photo server to house our digital files, and it was complicated connecting to said server, searching and downloading photos. Libris helped us organize everything and then make it all searchable in seconds. No more waiting, no more lagging!

Libris review by Kenneth L.
Kenneth L.

"Frustrating but useful"

What do you like best?

It makes it much easier to find high-res file and display them then doing them off of an internal server

What do you dislike?

It's hard to show the location of files other employees. On our internal server in click info on a file and copy the address and slack it to other employees. I wish there was something like this I can do with the dam.

It also struggles with galleries that have over 4,000 or 5,000 file, it can take a while to preview them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish it was easier to send file paths to certain files.

We have over 50,000 image files and we needed an easy way to sort them download them and share them. It's much easier now that we can use the light boxes

Libris review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"Pretty good, would recommend"

What do you like best?

It's great to have a central repository for our photos available anytime, anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The biggest complaint we've gotten is finding the download button. It has changed position, will be in different spots depending on how you access the photo, or is hard to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, easy to use product for storing and accessing your photo library.

It allows full access to our photo archives on the go. As a social and digital media manager, it greatly reduces the amount of time searching for particular photos and allows me access to our archives wherever I am.

Libris review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"All of what you need, none of what you don't"

What do you like best?

Having the files stored online means takes our office out of having to maintain backups, and makes it much easier to send files to a client

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs. I find that the selection tool sometimes goes weird and I have to reload the page.

Also, having the files stored online can become a problem when our server is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth investigating, it has covered all of our needs and has worked very well in working with outside clients.

Libris makes it very easy to share images within our office, and with outside clients.

Libris review by Christina B.
Christina B.

"Libris has completely revolutionized our image and graphic file storage"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for everyone in our graphics department to find what they need.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to download an entire shared lightbox with a couple of clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth your time to get organized and get your files uploaded to Libris!

When we adopted Libris we were trying to solve many problems. We needed everyone in the design department to have access to files, even when some employees work remotely. We needed to ensure that graphics would not be altered accidentally. Making sure that the latest version of assets, like logos, were always being used instead of stored on each person's computer. We also had trouble with broken links in InDesign files. All of these problems have been solved by using Libris.

Libris review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Best Database Sharing Platform!"

What do you like best?

I love that images are so easy to share across our massive number of staff members. Where we use to have to schedule individual times for people to come in and sit at our computer and sift through all of the images, we can now link albums with staff quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Often times we have to double up our albums for multiple filing purposes, and sometimes that can become a bit of a time suck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Libris will be key to taking your company to the next level, supply professional and quality assistance in storage and distribution of your media content.

Getting the images into the hands of the people who need them in an efficient manner is our biggest challenge. Libris has now made that one of our smallest problems.

Libris review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Libris is a useful format for delivering galleries to clients, but is not intuitively organized."

What do you like best?

I like being able share galleries with clients and co-workers with customized privacy settings.

What do you dislike?

Libris is not very intuitive. None of the buttons or keyboard shortcuts are where or what you expect them to be, or even what you expect them to be named. It also is very slow on its upload speed. It is also a clunky, not fluid setup– you have to make so many clicks to try to get where you'r going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Libris is useful is you spend a lot of time and energy figuring it out. I am not totally sure it is worth the cost, though.

We are distributing galleries to clients so that they may pick what photos they want edited and so they know what content we have for them to use. Then we send them a complete, edited, and downloadable Libris gallery for their use.

Libris review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"Libris is great tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to founded passwords and expiration activities on downloadable galleries. Obtaining able to share pictures quickly with both inside and external teams provides become so much less difficult.

What do you dislike?

If only there was an improved approach to provide you with the portal to be able to a huge group, while continue to restricting privacy (not readable to the public), with out them having to signal within their account each moment. Our previous DAM treatment had an option of which would allow anyone in only a range of designated IP addresses to access typically the portal without logging inside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all those looking for an online digital assets management system, I motivate you to explore Libris. Through their trial we were capable to fully evaluate the software and determined that it fit our needs. Because a customer we now have never had any issues with support and any type of issues were quickly resolved.

Zero business problems to record. Libris reps are easy to contact and helpful with any problems or questions I use. They are always looking to make their product better.

Libris review by Jarrod R.
Jarrod R.

"Great service with many helpful features"

What do you like best?

The best thing for our organization is how easy it is to share large batches of photos internally and externally without giving people access to our entire library or putting the library at risk for mistakes.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience could use some improvement, both in terms of viewing the catalog and uploading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are comfortable with the mobile format. Make sure your current library/catalog can transfer over properly. Ours was not able to carry over with the same tagging structure.

Libris has helped us more easily share images to internal and external clients and also taken a burden off our e-mail server. We used to send tons of e-mails with photo attachments to fulfill requests and now the vast majority of those are links to galleries/collections instead. Much more efficient all around.

Libris review by Karl M.
Karl M.

"Gotta start somewhere!"

What do you like best?

Very thorough approach to image librarianship. Covers needs well.

What do you dislike?

Sharing folders with others is a confusing exercise. We operate within a large corporate setting, and I'm finding the permissions toggles to be a bit of a whack-a-mole experience! "Where did I just see that setting?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, has plenty to offer especially if all you do is imaging and video. May not be the right thing for people "on the run", but we're willing to keep at it.

Terrific at unifying our far-flung communications crews. Some great potential here, all we need is a paid, dedicated, librarian to run things, instead of all us busy people adding things when we can, in "stolen moments!" Crothall Healthcare is a sector within Compass Group North America, and our sister sector, Morrison Healthcare, is named "owner".

Libris review by Mike I.
Mike I.

"Great searchable solution"

What do you like best?

Libris allows me to find the image I need quickly. I can easily locate the image I need much faster than than on my own computer's hard drive. Interface is easy to use and has many options for adding custom metadata.

What do you dislike?

There are some UI issues that make it clumsy and unnecessarily complicated to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent project for a good price

It has elicited the time that I would normally be spending looking for photos. I can find the image I need much faster than finding it on my own hard drive.

Libris review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Libris is a great digital asset manager "

What do you like best?

I love the control you have over what others can (or can't) do with your uploaded photos.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, I've had small issues with users not understanding the user interface or some experiencing a slightly different UI than what I would expect but for the most part, I think its great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple-to-use digital asset manager with a few very useful bells and whistles, stop your search and go with Libris.

Using Libris for a public collection of photos is awesome but we needed something that wasn't accessible from just navigating through our collections. After creating a private collection and under that creating a folder for all internal photos we want to host on Libris but don't necessarily want the public to access.

Libris review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Ravens and Libris"

What do you like best?

The Libris system allows us to streamline our gameday process making it easy for us to quickly get visual assets from our photographers to share across our digital and social channels.

What do you dislike?

Adding metadata to photos - Would be helpful if there was predictive text or a way to easily select common keywords.

The default when photos get uploaded via FTP is by Date Added to Gallery. Would prefer to have Filename as the default setting on most galleries being uploaded via FTP.

Libris is our visual asset management system. It has helped us streamline our gameday process, allowing us to collect visual assets more quickly to share with fans. Libris also allows us to securely share assets with people in our organization, as well as sponsors, players and fans.

Libris review by User

"Excellent DAM tool for our non-profit"

What do you like best?

Provides a user-friendly and tool enhanced solution to our photo storage and sharing needs. What I like best is the multiple platform/device tools, sharing capabilities and security. Frustration with alternatives that we tried like Box, Dropbox and internal servers is now gone! I can upload and access from anywhere, and quickly access galleries without long load times for viewing. Thank you, Libris!

What do you dislike?

The "old-style" FTP uploader is not impressive. It would be nice to have the option of a visual thumbnail reference rather than just filename. Also Custom Metadata tags are not embedded in images if you export the images from Libris. Boo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Libris. They have been very responsove to our needs, and provide a great solution to our Media Library needs.

Creating easy access galleries for internal and external use with quickly viewable images. Old system took forever to load. Easy to provide access to our external resources for upload - MUCH better than our old system, which did not always get shared with everyone, links expired, etc.

Learn more about Libris

Libris Videos

Learning about Libris?

* We monitor all Libris reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(371 reviews)