Lifesize

Lifesize

Lifesize delivers video conferencing that’s as easy, as lifelike and as remarkable as meeting in person. From delivering the world’s first high definition video conference in 2005 to introducing the first cloud video conferencing solution to provide a connected experience across devices and meeting rooms, Lifesize addresses organizations’ demand for high quality and reliable video that is affordable and simple to use.

Work for Lifesize?

Learning about Lifesize?

Lifesize Reviews

Ask Lifesize a Question
Showing 32 Lifesize reviews
Lifesize review by <span>Travis B.</span>
Travis B.

"LifeSize - Good for mixed operating environments"

What do you like best?

We have five locations across three states, as well as many remote workers. LifeSize offers a way for us to easily have all of our employees join video meetings together, regardless if there are 20 people together in a large conference room using a room system, or if it is a remote worker connecting via their smart phone or tablet.

Additionally, the LifeSize support team has been fantastic in working through optimizing our system over the years. They definitely have a more customer-focused approach than larger vendors or services such as Skype.

What do you dislike?

The chat functionality is still immature compared to competing group productivity platforms, such as Slack. Would really love to see LifeSize beef up those types of features to make it truly a single platform that can provide robust instant messaging (including rich text, images, etc.) and better notifications for desktop users in addition to the great video experience that LifeSize is known for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work in small ad-hoc teams, LifeSize may be a little expensive or not offer the right balance of video-to-other collaboration-type communication features, such as robust chat and file sharing.

However, if you work in an environment with larger teams spread out that also need to connect with individuals wherever they might be, then LifeSize is a solid consideration. It offers relatively platform-agnostic high quality video meetings with screen sharing and recording as the standout features. Instant messaging is still immature compared to other platforms.

Because of the number of locations and remote workers that we have, LifeSize offers a common platform that allows teams of any sizes to connect with each other, and offers a fairly seamless experience for all. The larger, hardware-based room systems are also quite reliable, and are easy to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lifesize
Lifesize review by <span>Amriten C.</span>
Amriten C.

"Lifesize VC a great fit for users, but has issues with the marketing plan"

What do you like best?

Lifesize happened to be one of the solutions we were able to pitch in easily as it moved from a complete H.323 system to a cloud solution thanks to the Lifesize cloud. This allowed users to do their Video Conference calls without spending additional money on dedicated lines for your Video Conference.

What do you dislike?

There is no local presence and a lack of channel information. Multiple organisations posing to be a distributor, however they lack the product knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend people to go in for Lifesize as it helps you get the desired results that you want from a Video Conference solution. with lifesize cloud the whole offering gets a great boost as compared to its competitors. However, please make sure that the team you are working with are able to provide the answers that you have and not just sell you a hardware and walk out.

we generally pitch in VC as a solution to recover your travel cost and make sure that you get your Return On Investment from the savings in time, energy and money that will result in business productivity.

however with Lifesize we also pitch in the saving customers get by going ahead with the cloud and not just the endpoints.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Lifesize review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

"Great Video Conferencing Unit"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and use of devices they really try to make it easy on users

What do you dislike?

Software for computers could be more robust, one thing I would like to see is a way to click on one of the video streams to just see it large and be able to toggle which screen I want to see myself instead of the software deciding which one should be the focus point based on who is talking.

We currently have a large management team across multiple states, we are trying to cut down the amount of travel and expenses, so introducing the video conference device has helped in doing just that. a meeting can just be one day and not cost us any extra from overnight stays and what not.

Lifesize review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Lifesize Input"

What do you like best?

I love the Team/Room 220 codecs. I like that I am able to remote into the codecs from my office and have the capability to see if someone is in the room. Capable of switching cameras and being able to access the remote control. I am able to run some basic troubleshooting without going to the room, such as I can see if presentation is being shared from this room or another location. If so, I can stop sharing from the remote access. I am able to see if the rooms that are connected to the codec and see their presentation. The layout is very simple and easy to use. My users really like to be able to dial out directly from the codec, so being able to access a directory to dial out is very handy and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you are no longer making the Team/Room 220's. I am not a fan of the Icon editions that are replacing the Team/Room 220's for my class rooms and conference rooms. I do not like when I remote into the codecs that the layout is very limited compared to the Team/Room 220's. I can no longer see if someone is in the room or able to access the remote control or adjust the cameras. Because we are not using the "Cloud" with our codecs users are no longer able to access a directory. The remote control looks almost like the apple tv remote which has very little buttons with no labels on it. My users, who are not very tech savvy, would rather not use the equipment unless some else sets it up for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I actually had two university stop by and look at my rooms and layouts. I had recommended them the Lifesize Team/Room 220's. Unfortunately, I do not recommend the icons for classrooms or conference rooms. I would only recommend the icons for monitor codecs. (Monitor Codec are the codecs I use to monitor video conferences.) Bring back the Team/Rooms 220.

Being able to save money on travel, now that faculty and staff members can participate in meetings without physically being present by connecting via video conference. Students whom are not able to participate in class are able to connect from home or other locations with good internet via lifesize cloud.

Remaining questions will be answered based on my Lifesize 220's input.

Lifesize review by <span>Dan T.</span>
Dan T.

"LifeSize"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great quality. The app that end users can use is also very beneficial. Really a great solution.

What do you dislike?

Cost is a consideration. There are other services that have the same feel but are far cheaper, but with a limited IT staff and wanting a solution that just works every time without us having to get involved it just fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate bandwidth at any remote locations use this service.

Distance learning. We have 3000 employees over 26 different geographical locations so training and communicating with them on a consistent basis is always a challenge.

Lifesize review by <span>Robert C.</span>
Robert C.

"A solid video conferencing system"

What do you like best?

Lifesize is easy to use once configured. Camera set-up will take approximately 20-30 minutes including software updates. We are using the Icon cameras with the software and were able to manage them remotely once set-up in the classroom. The video and audio quality are very good for the price and the equipment has been reliable over the past two years.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little clunky and could use some improvements to chat and remote camera control. These are standard on most other video conferencing systems we've looked at. The admin panel is not that intuitive, there are a lot of settings that we had to screenshot in order to replicate for other cameras. The dashboard has a lot of information but was difficult to drill down to get individual user stats (e.g., how often logged into a meeting, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of camera settings that you will want to screenshot or record if needing to configure multiple cameras. I would also advise you to use multifunction devices as if you switch apps on an iPad, it will end the video call. I also suggest deciding if you need to enable lecture mode for instruction versus using the default setting where the speaker is the focus on the screen.

We have implemented video conferencing to deliver live instruction to remote school locations. Students access their class through the Lifesize Cloud app and interact with students in the fixed classroom through audio, video, and chat. Classes are recorded which allow students to review existing classes or view classes they missed due to absence.

Learn more about Lifesize

Lifesize Videos

Learning about Lifesize?

* We monitor all Lifesize reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.