Lightspeed Retail

Make sales and manage your store, with integrated inventory management, customer management, on-demand reporting, and eCommerce.

Work for Lightspeed Retail?
Springboard pos  2x

Learning about Lightspeed Retail?

Lightspeed Retail Reviews

Ask Lightspeed Retail a Question
Showing 51 Lightspeed Retail reviews
Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Madhvi P.</span>
Madhvi P.

Extremely glitchy system. Does not work as promised

What do you like best?

Has some nice features. Calculates margins automatically. Automates a lot of functions for retail. supposedly integrates with e-commerce but in reality is very counter intuitive

What do you dislike?

Extremely glitchy. Have not been able to process transactions without some glitch or the other. Constantly hangs during a CC payment. Although the system has a lot of features, it is not user friendly. Why are buttons presented when you cant use them ? My main complain is how glitchy it is. Hangs in the middle of a sale. Terrible for a small business

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait till they've ironed out their glitches. It's not a mature product. And although they have 24x7 support, their staff cannot handle complex issues

Small retail business with loca POS system plus e-commerce. Lightspeed was supposed to give me all these features along with CC processing. So far no benefits. Wish I had selected a different system

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lightspeed Retail
Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Brett T.</span>
Brett T.

Lightspeed does not put their customers first

What do you like best?

It looks good and many of the features are quite good. But they don't really care about their customers needs, and do not respond in anything close to an acceptable amount of time to bugs and problems.

What do you dislike?

Our bike shop has been using Lightspeed for 5 years now, first with their Mac based software, and then with their cloud based software (Lightspeed Retail). There are many great things about the software, but on the whole I would not recommend a small business owner to hitch their cart to this company. There are significant bugs, inventory control is a disaster, but worst of all, fundamentally Lightspeed does not care about their customers. What Lightspeed cares about is their roadmap which in most cases doesn't deal with fundemental issues that their customers have been bringing up for years - if you have any doubt on this, look at their "ideas" page where top voted on features and requests have sat dormant for years.

My frustration has boiled over due to an issue with the way their inventory system works, and the way their customer service team has responded to my pleading that they at least give me an ETA on a fix. Here's the backstory: Lightspeed does a very peculiar thing which is that it will auto-add inventory if a product is sold but does not exist in inventory. Not only this, but Lightspeed will auto-check-in inventory off of POs if a product is sold. Now this in and of itself is a disaster as far as accountability is concerned: how is one supposed to track POs when product mysteriously gets checked in! But the worst part is that there is a bug in their system which will auto-check-in product off of POs if product is put into a work order. Doesn't matter if said product is sold or not, it will check-in the product regardless, causing a nightmare scenario where we are trying to figure out what POs have truly been received, and which POs Lightspeed has decided to receive automatically. I brought this issue up for the first time around 6 months ago, and never got any solid response on a fix. I contacted support in April again. After a lot of back and forth about whether this was a real problem (like I love spending time contacting support) the support tech Derrick agreed that this was an issue. I asked for an ETA. No ETA was available. I followed up a month later in May. Still no ETA, but Derrick assured me this was a priority, but also assured my significant problem that is causing myself and my staff time and frustration and vigilance and additional systems and workflows to remedy is "an extreme edge case scenario so I'm curious about how it could be causing you significant workflow issues."So now we are in July. This supposedly "high priority" "extreme edge case" bug is still not fixed. No ETA. No communication. Since we started experiencing this issue Lightspeed has stuck an e-commerce link in the middle of the navigation bar and continued to work on integrating their e-commerece into every other cranny of the software, even if you don't use their e-commerce. They've added a new feature called Analytics which costs additional monthly fees. Their API is still slow and unsupported. Their App marketplace is effectively a Potemkin village of fake apps with no real syncing with the silo that is Lightspeed. The promises of a cloud based POS are so great, but Lightspeed does not deliver. If you are looking to invest time and energy in a retail POS platform, I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. Lightspeed looks very slick on the surface, and it is quite good in many ways, but the underlying company culture does not put their customers first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other product. Everything looks good from the outside, but they are extremely unresponsive and are focused on meeting their business objectives around integrating e-commerce rather than making their software work well for the existing customers.

Retail management software for our bicycle business.

What POS Retail solution do you use?

Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Kaitlin O.</span>
Kaitlin O.

Lightspeed Retail is awesome!

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly and intuitive Lightspeed is. Their support center and team is great, too. It is just so simple to use; I wish more POS systems were like Lightspeed. I love all of the features it offers and am always learning more ways to make the POS work better for us on a day-to-day basis,

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about it! It is just right. I guess sometimes the more advanced settings can seem complicated, but it is very easy to learn and teach yourself how to use the system. and Even when you did need help, the customer service center is great, and there is not usually a long wait to speak with someone on the phone about issues to may experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how to take advantage of all the wonderful benefits of Lightspeed; I am still learning how to use more of the advanced setting, but I know there is a lot to offer and it can make your life a lot easier and business run much more smoothly if you know how to use Lightspeed to the best of its ability.

With Lightspeed we are successfully able to run multiple shops at once and solve problems quickly, such as with Inventory or Customer Database. Benefits include ease of use and quick turnover for customer service and making transfers between stores. It also integrates with our credit card machine, which is great.

Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Yan V.</span>
Yan V.

Lightspeed eCom - An evolved and expensive scam

What do you like best?

It integrates (badly) with Lightspeed Retail, that's not really a positive.

What do you dislike?

As a software engineer, I’ve had to install, customize, create and use dozens of e-commerce platforms and within those, Lightspeed is by far the worst e-commerce platform I have ever used. It is full of major bugs and lacks features that even the most basic and cheap e-commerce solutions have. Reported (major) bugs take more than 6 months to even get looked at, and that is if they ever decide to fix them.

Every month, they keep promising updates and fix that never happen, or even worse, they tell you that bugs are fixed when they are not. Our eCom is still not live after almost a full year of paying for it.

Lightspeed eCom is a very expensive scam, I recommend you stay away from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never sign up with Lightspeed. They will promise you the world and they proceed to crush on your business with their incomplete and unpolished products.

Unless you consider heading straight to bankruptcy is some form of problem solving, none.

Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Harrison W.</span>
Harrison W.

Lightspeed and Its Capabilities

What do you like best?

Lightspeed is quite a powerful program in my opinion. The functionality of it is quite impressive. My work doesn’t even utilize probably 30-40% of its true capability, and it supports a $9 Million Business.

What do you dislike?

I wish that certain features were available. For example, when transferring items from different warehouses, it’d be nice if on the product card, you could leave notes for specific items, and why you’ve moved them to a particular warehouse. So we deal in furniture, and we have a “New Damages” Warehouse where we house damaged items. Not all damage is immediately obvious, so it’d be nice to be able to leave notes in a sort of temporary file saying why it was transferred there—differently from an SRO. I also wish you could search payment amounts under the “modified today” search criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So long as you connect the program to your payment terminal and are able to track payments that way, there are really no complaints.

Ability to lookup products, customers, or orders very easily through multiple criteria. The ability to link orders, SRO’s and quotes makes it nice and easy to communicate situations with the rest of the team.

Lightspeed Retail review by <span>Line D.</span>
Line D.

Finally a POS that is easy to set up nd easy to work with!

What do you like best?

LS is easy to set up and offers several valuable features such as employee time management. inventory management with integrates with LS Ecom, our online webstore, great detailed reports and amazing customer support.

What do you dislike?

Some days the system is slow BUT LS always sends accurate updates so we always know what is going on. Customer service is perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We absolutely recommend this POS system and it keeps on getting better!

We finally have one inventory for both our retail and online store. This saves so much tome and worries!

Also, newer loyalty programs such as Thirdshelf can easily be integrated in LS which we love!

Learning about Lightspeed Retail?

* We monitor all Lightspeed Retail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.