LinkedIn Premium

3.8

LinkedIn Premium offers advanced functionality for LinkedIn users to increase sales or accelerate their career.

Work for LinkedIn Premium?

Learning about LinkedIn Premium?

LinkedIn Premium Reviews

Ask LinkedIn Premium a Question
Showing 134 LinkedIn Premium reviews
LinkedIn Premium review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Great for growing your business through social selling"

What do you like best?

I love that you can see everyone who has viewed your profile and also unlimited searches. if you are prospecting on linkedin and looking to grow your network - premium is a MUST! because it gives you the ability to dive deep and really get to all the important leads that you need in order to be successful in whatever industry you are apart of.

What do you dislike?

sometime the searching is difficult where it doesn't show new people. needs to be creative sometimes on what keywords you are searching for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for new clients do the premium account. It is setting you up to succeed

We were trying to find a better way to prospect. The key performer is knowing who your target market is - whether it is alum, specific industry, sports enthusiast - you can find them on LI. We needed to get intouch with the right people and LI is helping us to do so.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LinkedIn Premium
LinkedIn Premium review by Tammy R.
Tammy R.

"Great insight and perks for Job-Seeker Premium."

What do you like best?

I have the Job Seeker Premium level, and I have benefited from the Job Seeker Premium discussion group, as well as the Premium insights provided when looking for jobs. The ability to message recruiters and company connections is quite a bonus, too!

What do you dislike?

The $29.95 per month is relatively expensive, especially for a job seeker. I am not using all of the features available to me to their fullest extent, though...

Recommendations to others considering the product

At its core, LinkedIn is an excellent platform. Premium provides much more, which has been a fantastic benefit for job-seeking. I do not know much about the other levels of Premium, but I imagine having a more well-rounded LinkedIn experience is an excellent benefit no matter the level!

I decided to invest in Job Seeker Premium in order to expand my networking and job search skills. I have been able to see many different perspectives on job hunting thanks to the Job Seeker Premium group. By having this group private, there is a protection against being "outed" by a current coworker or employer (which is not applicable to me, but still...).

What Social Networks solution do you use?

"Excellent tool"

What do you like best?

I value the ability to send an InMail to a person who's outside my network. Also great to see who's viewed my profile. I only just realized I have access to online learning through my Premium subscription, so I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that!

What do you dislike?

If I'm not mistaken, when messaging with the built-in chat hitting the "Return" key sends the message. That feature is a pet peeve of mine since I often forget and have sent messages before I was ready (when I was just trying to add a paragraph break) - it'd be great to be able to have an option to have that key behave differently. If that's already an available preference, would love to know that!

For work, I've used LinkedIn to find companies and individuals that seem especially likely to benefit from our company's offerings.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Infuriating Job Listing"

What do you like best?

Currently, LinkedIn is the most popular business connection site in the world.

What do you dislike?

...but the job listings is incredibly infuriating. In spite of adding filters, jobs are presented in various lists and NOT IN THE CHRONOLOGICAL order the were posted. You can then delete some job offers you are not interested in on some lists, but they can reappear in the same list or on another list. It is a ridiculous exercise in searching and filtering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide a single, simple list of job offers, in chronological order of posting, the user can effectively filter and permanently delete parts of. The various lists of jobs are confusing and ineffective.

LinkedIn remains a great forum to connect and communicate with business.

"Shady Business"

What do you like best?

emailing prospects, some of the search features. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

What a shady business practice of auto-renewing a service with ZERO warning that a renewal date is coming up. And when I tried to dispute the charge, guess what......not a single customer service phone number to call. I guess LinkedIn does not understand the concept of the life-time value of a customer, or providing long-term valuable services to their clients. Instead they are making it as difficult as possible to speak with someone. Jeff Weiner might want to spend less time courting Oprah and more time talking with the people at Apple or Southwest Airlines, who know how to serve customers, quickly, professionally, and always make the customer feel good about the resolution.

I'm in sales

LinkedIn Premium review by Timothy K.
Timothy K.

"A must for anyone on the Job Hunt!"

What do you like best?

The best part about being a Premium member is how easy it is to scope out potential jobs. Once you filter by Industry, location, salary etc there are almost too many options to look through. Also, more job openings are added every day. Some of these openings you can "Apply with LinkedIn Profile" and it only takes one click. To make the job search even easier, you are able to download the LinkedIn Jobs app to your smartphone. Using Inmail you are sometimes able to contact the recruiter directly which is a HUGE plus.

What do you dislike?

There is no part of LinkedIn Premium I dislike. However, I found no need for it once I landed a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must if you are looking for a job. Also, I noticed the clear benefits of using LinkedIn Premium as a sales tool. Having Inmail options seems like an more convenient and personal way to contact a potential buyer rather than the classic cold call.

As stated above, the benefits I realized while using LinkedIn Premium were many. The instant one click apply button, the recommended job LinkedIn provides daily, the mobile app, and the use of Inmail to contact recruiters directly. I highly recommend LinkedIn Premium for anyone looking for a job.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Design
User in Design

"Try cancelling your Premium Memership"

What do you like best?

So far the best use I have been able to take advantage of is to confirm if a particular person works at a certain company. And even that information if iffy because the person may have not changed their profile on linkedin. I am linkedout.

What do you dislike?

When trying to contact Linkedin on the phone, there is no direct phone number provided to call!

You have google several different phone numbers, which state that you call and get a live person on the phone which NONE of the numbers connect to a live person. It is an act of Congress to cancel your membership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that linkedin provide an easy way for the membership to make contact with customer service. It seems like linkedin it set up to avoid speaking to their membership to avoid dealing with issues.

I contacted several potential customers through the website. Very few will respond.

LinkedIn Premium review by Jordon S.
Jordon S.

"Excellent for basic prospecting"

What do you like best?

Being able to send direct messages is probably the best feature with LinkedIn Premium. The searching tool is great and being able to integrate with Email Hunter and Datanyze are LIFE SAVERS.

What do you dislike?

Having more allotted monthly direct messages would be nice. Having more extensive search tools would be nice, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, it helps to have someone at your organization who already has experience with software. That way you don't always need to rely on customer support for all your questions.

We are making the web a more meaningful place. We proud ourselves on accomplishing a lot with a small team. Because of this, we all wear a lot of hats and efficiency is key. LinkedIn Premium allows me to do this.

This is a MUST tool for any account development, account executive, sales reps, etc.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"LinkedIn premium has opened up a world of prospects that fit our ideal customer profile"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn has helped optimise our search capability. We are a vertically aligned sales unit, so being able to search both company and person on vertical alignment eases our search. The advanced search enables us to go that level deeper and find more prospects in each account. The premium element unlocks additional profiles and information which we are able to use to 'warm' cold sales approaches and calls.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn premium sometimes jumps around the page, when selecting your search criteria in the advanced capability you have to scroll down, as it jumps to the top of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fairly costly solution, but if you are using it to drive sales data in conjunction with another tool like Salesloft, it is very powerful. I believe it has a database of around 300 million and growing, it is much more up to date than buying lists and can give valuable insight to warm sales calls etc.

It is helping us to uncover contacts that fit our ideal customer profile, we are using it in conjunction with Salesloft which is a great add on. I would recommend both in conjunction to streamline pulling of contacts.

LinkedIn Premium review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"Improving interface but needs better integration with sales navigator"

What do you like best?

It gives you superior access to people in the LinkedIn network - much more convenient than the free version

What do you dislike?

Sales Navigator is a separate step - you have to actively choose to use it rather than it being the standard screen when you login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not a cheap solution - perhaps test it first with some key users - including detractors. Find out what works and what does not before committing.

Access to a wider network of people in industries and companies than interest us

LinkedIn Premium review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"LinkedIn Review #1"

What do you like best?

By far the most important tool is the inmails. They spout it on their site that inmails get a better response rate than cold calls and emails and I honestly believe it to be true. When I am marketing for more business, inmails get me a great response rate.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more inmails! I only get 30 each month and they go quickly. They have changed the linkedin policy on inmails a few times since I started use a Premium Sales Account (Sales Executive originally) and it used to give back inmails if you didnt get a response, then only if you did get a response, and now we get more inmails if someone views and then declines an inmail. I know it is all in an effort to quality control and I get it but would like more inmails for my money

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know how Sales people can get by without Linkedin, especially if your company does not have a robust database to begin with. If you are opening a new market, or just trying to build your own brand, LinkedIn is a must. The upgraded Sales accounts do offer some necessary functions, namely inmails. They work!

As previously stated, the biggest benefit is the high response rate on inmails. I really am able to connect with more customers in a higher quality fashion. Frankly, I don't know that I could do my job without LinkedIn. Also, I can see more names in targeted searches then with a basic account which helps for prospecting. I also use the Introductions feature to mushroom into new accounts by leveraging my current relationships

LinkedIn Premium review by Jawad A.
Jawad A.

"Top Notch Professional Network"

What do you like best?

The best and most popular user-content generated professional network. I like the search criteria features and the large wide network of users from various industries, markets, and territories. Indeed LinkedIn has connected more people than any other professional network. Pulse, Ellevate, and connected are great apps as well, in addition to unique social selling tools like prospector and elink and inamil that boost the sales funnel.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model is so high that not all companies can invest, particularly startups with limited cashflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider trying the solution for your team beforehand, and invest on the solution with key users LDRs and SDRs, before rolling out to optimize the cost and increase Roi.

Funnel and sales development, plus serach for key decision makers based on select search criteria,

LinkedIn Premium review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

I loved that you were able to turn off and on certain features that you typically would be unable to with a standard account. I also like that you are able to private message people without having to be connected to that individual.

What do you dislike?

The pricing in my opinion was a bit steep to really be able to use it for what is is intended.

Being able to connect and contact people via linked to get another touch point with a prospective lead.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Internet

"Linkedin Premium Was Suprisingly Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to contact people I am not connected with, and being able to view their full profiles to network and build professional connections.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing plan. The best feature to me is sending Inmail, and for just that feature, I feel there should be a lower price plan. The other features are based on algorithms that I feel change and are inaccurate. I feel this, because I would refresh my browser and the insights would be drastically different in a short span of time. I found that unhelpful and deceptive marketing-for which they want me to pay!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try-they offer a trial version! I wish they still had the student plan, but I do feel it is worth the investment for early career talent.

Business problems solved- greater amount of data and insights to draw from it, granted it is accurate. Inmail connection allowing for direct conversations.

Benefits realized- the ease of networking with the way the platform is setup, and getting demographical information that is helpful.

LinkedIn Premium review by Alexa G.
Alexa G.

"I couldn't survive without LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Everyone is on this system. If you are a recruiter then LinkedIn (especially LinkedIn recruiter) is VITAL

What do you dislike?

EVERYONE knows about it and uses it so candidates are bombarded by InMails everyday so sometimes you need to find another way to get a hold of candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in any type of Client managing, Recruiting, Head Hunting, Human Resource type of business you need to have LinkedIn

I am solving the problem of finding solid candidates for the positions I am trying to fill and LinkedIn definitely helps with that.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great for Job Searches"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease with which my linked in premium was set up and activated. I found that I received a lot of feed back from following the directions in setting up my account. I liked being able to view the linked in accounts for employers that I had interviews with as well as seeing who was looking at my account.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the cost. I enjoyed the trial period though. I found it hard to search for jobs within my field in my current area. I found several jobs that I was qualified for, however most of them were states away.

I was currently looking for a job. I have since found a dream job.

LinkedIn Premium review by Jeffry E.
Jeffry E.

"Tangible value is difficult to demonstrate"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of the features advertised. Being able to see who views your profile is nice. The belief that somehow your profiled will be more discover able by employers is also nice.

What do you dislike?

The features on their own are not worth $30/month. Every bit of information seems to indicate that subscribing to premium will somehow grant you better access to the employers you'd be interested in talking to, but this is nearly impossible to verify on the customers end. The email feature isn't any more useful than the normal messaging system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are simply a new graduate or transitioning professional looking to network into a job opportunity, I did not find any value in LinkedIn Premium towards this goal.

I subscribed to 4 months of premium, with no tangible benefits.

LinkedIn Premium review by Arvind K.
Arvind K.

"Linked In Premium User"

What do you like best?

Using Linked In you can connect with different people and find their contact numbers easily

What do you dislike?

I was using Linked in premium account for a month. I choose the plan for getting jobs. But unfortunately i did not receive any phone calls or contacts from anyone through my premium membership. It just looked the same as my ordinary Linked in account

It really helps me in making many professional contacts related to my domain. Share knowledge and search also helped me search for the right knowledgeable person from the site for the right position.

The recommendation section in linked in helps us identify and analyse a person.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Research
User in Research

"Don't do it"

What do you like best?

The inmail feature was the only thing remotely useful.

What do you dislike?

It was totally useless otherwise. Also they will charge your account so don't forget. Also, the new linkedin interface in general is horrible. It's only a matter of time before some other networking site takes that market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. Better to burn the money for heat.

I was using it for a job hunt in another country. I did not realize any benefits. Had no additional insight into who was viewing my profile. No additional uptick in job leads. No response from inmails sent. The premium thread questions were the same quality as the other lists I was on, except being general basic questions they were pretty useless compared to a simple google search.

LinkedIn Premium review by Alison Ellie E.
Alison Ellie E.

"terrible"

What do you like best?

Nothing! I have not been able to use this product or receive any refund.

What do you dislike?

I signed on for a free trial and canceled before the deadline. The fine print says you have to cancel before a billing-cycle deadline that was before the deadline in the notification they sent me. I was charged hundreds of dollars for a service I have no way of accessing. I could not be more upset with this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing! I have not been able to use this product or receive any refund.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"LinkedIn Premium is a great program, brings more usability than standard LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Premium's functionality is great and expands upon standard LinkedIn. It helps you find many more connections and colleagues than you normally would.

What do you dislike?

I don't really see many bad aspects about LinkedIn Premium. Finding different aspects of LinkedIn that are bad is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend LinkedIn Premium to any sales or customer-facing organization in any business. There is no reason for businesses to not leverage LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Premium makes it easy to find valuable connections. The benefits are that we can find customers, partners, and colleagues through our existing connections. Additionally, the other Premium functionality has good business value.

LinkedIn Premium review by Andy G.
Andy G.

"LI Premium is a MUST"

What do you like best?

Lets you see things you automatically think you should be able to. And the InMail feature is huge.

What do you dislike?

These features should come free, but I'm cheap, so I say that about everything practically.

Anything from Account-based email marketing, to keeping up with college friends. Super easy to use and the Premium features make the stack really work.

LinkedIn Premium review by Yair I.
Yair I.

"Using premium for some years now "

What do you like best?

Acess to relevant contacts, insights about my profiles. We are a vertically aligned sales unit, so being able to search both company and person on vertical alignment eases our search.

What do you dislike?

The search is really bad, many API problems with third party apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think Think Think

Establishing new connections and discovering professional leaders

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Worth the upgrade while on the job hunt!"

What do you like best?

Love the insights you get when applying to a haunted job. I've personally reached out to alumni and others that I have min connections with through the variable insights to find out more about the role, company and tips to ace an interview.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most cost effective as I have used it during free offers but have failed to see a deep impact on my job search with premium. I just spend more time trying to find alumni and other information I need. It's time saving vs cost effectiveness.

It helps you gain more visibility into other candidates thereby giving an individual a Better idea of where they stand. It thereby reduces the overall length on the hiring process

LinkedIn Premium review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"LinkedIn Premium"

What do you like best?

As a recruiter, it is the best tool I have in my box. I am connected to so many others and can fill positions up to 30 days faster than I was prior to having a premium account.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can view others in private mode. This is a networking sight which implies visibility -- I want people to know who I am when I see them and I'd like to know who is viewing my profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to connect with others in your industry that you don't know personally!

I am filling jobs much quicker and I am able to network without ever leaving my office.

LinkedIn Premium review by Shai H.
Shai H.

"Approacing potentialstrategic partners for my business"

What do you like best?

you can see the history of each person, his picture and you can see who is watching your profile

What do you dislike?

can contact people I dont know.

People want to connect with people they DONT know. what is the point of the system if I cant approach even the guy sitting next to me in the office if I dont know his email address?

Hopw can I contact potential customers like this?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hopw can I contact potential customers like this?

create startup companies

"Recruiter using LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, most of the filters on the search function are great and very useful

What do you dislike?

That I can't change some of the filters, like if someone on my team viewed a profile or messaged a candidate in the past 1 week or 2 weeks.

It helps me find a ton of candidates for my recruiting role.

LinkedIn Premium review by Stuart F.
Stuart F.

"Why don't you have this?"

What do you like best?

LinkedIN Premium is an essential tool for either a recruiter or job seeker. From it's increased functionality offerings (getting a better idea of who's viewed your profile/job listing) to featuring applications that are particularly relevant first this is THE tool for HR related activities.

What do you dislike?

Honestly? Nothing that LinkedIN has any control over. This is the perfect tool for me and my job search - although I wish InMail had a bit more functionality and it you could reply from your own email account rather then using LinkedIN's anonymized one. I also wish that I could see everybody that comes to my profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. You won't regret the extra (minimal) cost from utilizing this tool.

If you're looking for a job or trying to find someone to fill a role - this is the best possible tool you could use for filtering people/jobs and going down the path to employment.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Generating New Leads"

What do you like best?

Premium is easy to use and very intuitive. It comes with several features that are great for lead gen.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I find it to be very user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and explore all the features for yourself.

I'm adding targeting connections, reaching out to new leads and getting on sales calls.

LinkedIn Premium review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

I like that our entire team, each with their own licenses, has the ability to share projects with the entire team and see who has viewed who, sent them a message, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the features in which LinkedIn organizes certain lists-I used to be able to put candidates into a folder and alphabetize them by name or company, which made it easier for data entry purposes. I also don't like the fact that we by such a robust and expensive product, with multiple licenses, and can't search jobs by salary amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any further recommendations at this time.

We are able to find candidates in the right industries. It is convenient having a huge number of candidates at your finger tips.

"Expensive Value"

What do you like best?

The ability to send inmails and reach target prospects which you'd otherwise be unable to message directly on the platform.

It also comes with a nice badge!

What do you dislike?

The inmails can lead to certain individuals being overwhelmed with requests.

The price tag is also pretty high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it on a monthly subscription. You'll know quickly if the inmails are working for you.

As a sales person, this helps me fill my pipeline with valuable leads and ultimately helps me reach my sales quota.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"Very useful for developing a network"

What do you like best?

As a sales professional LinkedIN has become a central part of my daily routine - checking leads, finding new leads, reading interesting blogs.

What do you dislike?

It isn't really a problem of LI, rather the users but I wish there was more safeguard for when people abuse the system - send innappropriate connections, post things that aren't related to business, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good piece of kit, use it the right way and it'll make your network a great asset.

Networking beyond current contacts.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome Tool for researching Prospects"

What do you like best?

I like LinkedIn because it helps, eliminate the cold cal, helps organize my contacts when i change positions, takes away location obstacles. no more referrals, and makes business intelligence easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Too many ads. Too many recruiters. No way to filter the news feed

I solve the business problem of searching for locations of prospects and their company history.

LinkedIn Premium review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"LinkedIn Premium ---- Worth the Cost!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have additional insight and tracking is paramount! Seeing who has viewed your profile gives you a great baseline for follow up, especially when either job hunting or looking for new talent. The increase in InMail messages is a great feature as well.

What do you dislike?

Definitely could use more InMail messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the monthly fee!

I use premium as a recruiting tool without having to invest in LinkedIn Recruiter. It allows me to track down the passive candidates I might not normally find.

LinkedIn Premium review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"Linkedin as a premium user"

What do you like best?

Linkedin is helping people understand data related to themselves, their skills and their network. Linkedin is a long term play that transcends any previous measure of your own sphere of influence. Premium service offers more granular data and is an enabler of trust and rank as we head towards Web 3.0. The new publishing service is I think based on network reach and influence, but it may also be part of premium service. I expect to see more data exposure that will yield insight into our business networks. Premium gives you a first adopter status in these new data segments.

What do you dislike?

The facebook like updates, that should stay on other sites. I do way too many hides (remove view) of spammy material in the general update section. I think as a premium user it would be better that we are not spammed by advertising ... cake and it rings in my head!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are business people, our status as a premium user demonstrates we value the service.

Linkedin is helping more people find the right people to do the type of work required in these rapidly changing digital landscapes. This works for all of us as a trust network.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Well it was helpful in giving me a leg up and job searching."

What do you like best?

I liked that they kept in touch with you through email and that they moved you to the top of the list to new job opportunities that matched your criteria and interests.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that they pushed you to continue to pay for the service after the free trial and that they weren't going to let you know when the free trial is up. This could make someone who wasn't paying attention spend money on a service that they might not be using.

I was able to job search more efficiently using this tool.

"Sales Executive Experience"

What do you like best?

Being able to see who has viewed my profile as well as have more capabilities then original Linkedln

What do you dislike?

nothing right now that I can think of that needs improvement

finding out the right person of contact

LinkedIn Premium review by David K.
David K.

"Allows for greater access to targets"

What do you like best?

Allows for greater access to targets and companies we are looking to contact

What do you dislike?

Can be a little limited on specific information we need

Allows for greater access to targets

LinkedIn Premium review by Thomas J. C.
Thomas J. C.

"The social media gold standard for professional networking"

What do you like best?

Having a LinkedIn Premium account is the only way to get full access to the complete LinkedIn experience. Only once you have this level of membership can you really see how restricted you are with just a free membership. As someone who has worked for years in the staffing industry, LinkedIn is an extremely powerful tool and network so that I could make connections with both potential candidates and potential customers.

By unlocking the InMail system which takes away much of the restrictions on reaching out to people outside of your immediate network, LinkedIn suddenly becomes almost twice as useful. There are also more sophisticated ways of searching and filtering your search results, which can both be amazing ways to better fine-tune your searches.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn Premium also carries a rather premium price tag. That's to be expected considering the host of extras one gets when upgrading over lesser accounts levels. Plus, if you work in a profession where a tool such as this can be directly tied to ROI, it's a great investment. In recruiting terms, if only a small handful of filled jobs can be traced back to your use of LinkedIn Premium over the course of a year, the investment pays off in spades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth checking out, but do bear in mind that the product does carry a rather substantial cost.

I have utilized LinkedIn both while working for a specialized staffing firm and as a corporate recruiter. I've found there to be substantial benefits in both roles. I'd say the biggest bonus is the number of people you can have access to who could match the requirements of your position who aren't necessarily actively on the job hunt. Being able to find and reach out to these passive candidates is very valuable.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"In my line of work - LI Premium is a necessity"

What do you like best?

LI Premium allows me to reach out to a world of potential candidates for my clients. It's not the end all but it's been a great place to start when it comes time to research people and companies.

What do you dislike?

In recent years it feels like LI has been giving us less for the same amount of money. It's tiny minor changes on a regular basis that are meant to push basic users to Premium and Premium to Recruiter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe there are free trial available. Make use of that and see if this product is worth the money. It really depends what you do, or what you need to do in (short term) and what you want to get out of it. If you're on the fence about it, it's probably only a temporary necessity, in which case, you should just go for it.

LI Premium allows me to network in the most comprehensive business networking site ever built.

"LinkedIN premium review"

What do you like best?

Ability to look at hiring managers, people workting at the company etc. Also tells us the titles and see hiring manager titles.

What do you dislike?

Did not get any leads. None of the hiring managers contacted me because of this. I paid quite a bit but no responses from anyone. I contacted hiring managers directly but still no response

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wont recommend at all

Looking to get a job. Also trying to get sales leads. But sales leads are a big problem because not many people are looking at their linkedin profiles.

So not sure if this is a good use of time

LinkedIn Premium review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Great for Sales and Marketing Professionals (and job seekers too)"

What do you like best?

It is an awesome networking tool, easy to use and intuitive. LinkedIn Premium accounts have proved their value ten fold for both find potential customers/clients and getting in touch with them or for my next job. I was able to really get out there and network to find a new role and now that I've found the new role I can easily expand my network and find new contacts to market and sell to.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit pricey if you have to pay for it out of your own pocket, but the different tiers of the subscription can make it a bit easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a basic package for one month to see if you are able to get the information you need before subscribing to any package that is longer term. If you have an enterprize need, reach out to the LinkedIn team to see just how they can solve the business problems you and your team face

I solved both my personal job seeking dilemma and have been able to find new information about potential business customers and partners (as well as keep my finger on the pulse of existing contacts who may have changed roles).

LinkedIn Premium review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"A must-have tool for effective demand generation"

What do you like best?

-- InMails - great way to reach out to prospects directly with a high degree of confidence that your message arrived.

-- Greater visibility -- see more contacts on searches, and know who's searching my profile.

What do you dislike?

-- Cost. A premium plan is pricey on a per-user basis--especially if you don't need as many InMails as are provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not sure that you'll make full use of the InMails, try buying them one at a time for a month or two. If you're not sending at least five or six buying them one-off, you probably won't send them when they're "free" in your premium account.

LInkedIn premium subscriptions provide an ability to reach out directly to prospects with personalized messages. Alternatives (like Data.com+email or Guessing+Email) don't give one the confidence that you're reaching the right person, or that the message was actually delivered. With LinkedIn, you know exactly who you're trying to reach, and know that your message has not wound up undelivered or buried in the junk mail box.

LinkedIn Premium review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Product is experiencing some natural decay."

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of people on LinkedIn proves it to be the most effective tool at reaching millions of people.

What do you dislike?

The crowding out effect, it seems that when more people are recruiting on LinkedIn, the less the qualified candidates check it and dismiss it as a spammy tool.

Recruiting. Its a necessary part of any recruiters toolbox right now. That said, I am not sure if it will be as powerful years from now, as most in demand talent is overwhelmed with messaging.

LinkedIn Premium review by Avni S.
Avni S.

"Professional Networking made easy!"

What do you like best?

As a recruiter, using LinkedIn Premium is great as I can expand my network and find potential candidates that can fit my jobs. I like that I can connect with present and former colleagues. It's basically facebook but a professional version of it. I've really expanded my network!

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be unlimited InMails. It's also quite pricy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend LinkedIn premium for recruiters.

Benefits-Connecting with countless number of people which in the real world is hard to do. Good for sourcing/prospecting/maintaining professional relationships with colleagues.

LinkedIn Premium review by Logan S.
Logan S.

"LinkedIn Premium"

What do you like best?

I like that I can filter searches by years of experience as well as by job function.

What do you dislike?

The search capabilities could be improved. Boolean search could add multiple search query fields to improve performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve Boolean search by adding multiple search query option.

Research for finding candidates

LinkedIn Premium review by Jean-Marc R.
Jean-Marc R.

"Search contact on database"

What do you like best?

Find many profils by sector and by country

What do you dislike?

Disallow tag for profil, and no advanced search

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing

Find our buyer personae

LinkedIn Premium review by John H.
John H.

"The best professional networking site, bar none"

What do you like best?

This smacks a little bit of preaching to the choir, since everyone on G2crowd clearly already belongs to Linkedin, but if you are job hunting, you need to buckle down and start whipping your LinkedIn network like a rented mule, beating the bushes, leaving no stone unturned, and generally mixing metaphors like crazy.

Whenever I have an interview, I find out who is going to be interviewing me, and then I go straight to LinkedIn and find if that person has a profile. If so, I can read their work history and gain insight into what makes them tick. Rinse and repeat for their bosses and anyone else connected to the company on LinkedIn. While there, I also find out whom among their contacts I either directly or indirectly know. Then, you get those folks to put in a good word for you, either before or after the interview. I had one job interview where I first found LinkedIn profiles for all three of the people who were going to interview me and discovered they were connected to four people I personally knew. (I got the job)

Premium allows you to contact people who would otherwise be outside your immediate network.

What do you dislike?

The Premium version is probably only worth the cost while you are actively job hunting.

I am not a fan of people asking to connect when I have no idea who they are. I want everyone on my network to be someone who can endorse me personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Premium if you are looking for a job. You can usually get a free trial period, so be sure to give that a try. And don't wait until you get laid off to regularly manage and grow your network.

The Linkedin job posting section has grown really robust in past years. Along with Indeed.com it's about the only site you need to visit while job hunting.

LinkedIn Premium review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Great Tool to Network and Search for Business Leads"

What do you like best?

I do like that I can customize my newsfeed to information that is relevant to me. Additionally, being able to connect with current and former colleagues is great. Also, searching for company information and key employees is great when prospecting.

What do you dislike?

The international search capability is tricky. Often if someone is in another country it is difficult to see much more other than their name and part of their title.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are only looking to leverage LinkedIn for networking, the free model is more than sufficient.

Prospecting and networking.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"Good tool for recruiters "

What do you like best?

great to use for reviewing/searching for candidates for roles

What do you dislike?

occasionally the search function seems to throw completely irrelevant results

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use for recruiters

proactively sourcing candidates

LinkedIn Premium review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"LinkedIn Premium is worth the money"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Premium lets you connect with people who you want to get in touch with that you may have never met.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you had more InMails available to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth it if you are trying to get in touch with people who you are not already connected with. I think it's a little pricey for the few number of InMails you have access to.

You can connect with professionals in a way that you are guaranteed to get a response.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great Networking Tool"

What do you like best?

I really like Linked In for professional reasons. I really like that you can find people, jobs and recommendations and really build your network and connect with recruiters.

What do you dislike?

I really dont have anything negative to say about Linked In

I have spoke to recruiters and found great places to go to to work, many great conversations and it has helped my network remain strong.

LinkedIn Premium review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Excellent business networking application"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to connect with business leaders from all business models and share innovative ideas and solutions.

What do you dislike?

Paying for a product that should be free.

Maximizing efficiencies while keeping spend down.

LinkedIn Premium review by Sam D.
Sam D.

"My LinkedIn Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

I am a gardner, I plant the seeds and watch them grow

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I like everthing about the Linkedin app

Getting in the front door of my prospects..... not that easy

LinkedIn Premium review by Abhishek G.
Abhishek G.

"I Would Suggest to Test LinkedIn Premium "

What do you like best?

A Premium Account is a Branding of the person itself - the Badge. There are some others too.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the pricing is too high to get all the features. But, reducing the price has the risk of getting lot of 'not-so-important' peoples in. Reduced pricing is a serious issue for some professional social networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would Recommend to Try LinkedIn Premium.

Well, I had the major issue with my name. There are lot of bots & same named peoples like me. Often the person wanted to find me, had to search with a phrase. The SERP (on Google web search) has been up. Definitely Premium Account offers more visibility.

LinkedIn Premium review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"If you are in business, you should be on LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn is the best place to advance your business or your career. It is the best place to research companies and hiring managers if you are job searching, and it is also the best place to find new clients and new partners if you are growing a business. It is by far the most powerful marketing tool ever built.

What do you dislike?

I wish LinkedIn had kept some the earlier features it came out with; such features as the Answers section were really helpful, as was the Events section. I wonder sometimes if they do any focus groups with users to see what they want before they make a change, or if it is all internal driven.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the premium service for many reasons, and I recommend it. I like having all those inmails whenever I want to reach someone not a first level to me, and I like the other features it gives you. For me the money spent is worth it.

LinkedIn Premium review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Really nice platform"

What do you like best?

Its really good platform to get connected with employees and also reach out business owners around the world

What do you dislike?

If the the website can provide more clear instruction or trainings on how to best utilize the product based on role then that will be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for reaching out to business owners and create networks

Trying to increase my pipeline and quota for my business

LinkedIn Premium review by Chad M. S.
Chad M. S.

"Linkedin Premium is worth it"

What do you like best?

The advanced search capabilities are very useful.

What do you dislike?

I am not that pleased with UI but the power of it overshadows ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it daily, it helps.

This system provides a nice tool for collecting useful information about people we can help in our business and provides a way to get connected beyond basic insights.

LinkedIn Premium review by Sara Rose H.
Sara Rose H.

"Linkedin Premium free demo was great"

What do you like best?

It unlocks a lot of features within linkedin, like being able to see everyone who views your profile

What do you dislike?

The feautures are nice, but not worth the cost to me at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't feel like premium is worth the price for the average user, but it is a great platform if you are willing to pay.

If I was an employer or a staffer I might have more incentive to purchase the premium account, but it doesn't solve that many problems for us normal folk.

LinkedIn Premium review by Josh Harcus I.
Josh Harcus I.

"LinkedIn Premium is worth using depending on your goals."

What do you like best?

Unlocking of tracking features (i.e. "Who's viewed my profile," etc.)

What do you dislike?

Expense for the services provided. I have been using LinkedIn with a free account for the last 5 years. Since then I have tried Premium a couple times, but never found enough of a reason to keep it.

LinkedIn Premium gave me additional information and unlocked some search features, but overall does not give me what I would need to justify the monthly cost.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Internet

"What I needed when I needed it. "

What do you like best?

I feel like premium gives you a full packages, a wide range of options both for recruiting and job seeking. I appreciated how easy it was to keep track of my applications and open communication with people outside of my network.

What do you dislike?

The price is maybe a little high. When I was unemployed, it was hard to decide to spend the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn itself is a powerful website. Use the website first, then decide if you need the additional benefit of the premium. It's also possible you only need it in spurts, which is how I tend to use it.

Most recently I was job hunting and needed the ability to communicate more freely. It helped get my application noticed, and I got a job out of it.

LinkedIn Premium review by Cate C.
Cate C.

"Great site - higher tiers not worth the money"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn is a great solution for connecting with others on a professional level. I've built dozens of great relationships that started on the site. If you aren't afraid to reach out to people, this is a wonderful platform to expand your network.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found the high-level premium LinkedIn accounts to be worth the money. I would recommend the first tier of the premium accounts for any business development or sales reps, as it allows for more robust searching and you can see who has viewed your profile. But outside of those features, I don't think I'd recommend a premium account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how you'll be using the site. If you will be doing outreach to those not in your network, this is a good solution, but even then, the first tier of Premium should fulfill those needs.

LinkedIn Premium review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Very Few Benefits Over Regular LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

Ability to see who viewed your profile; featured more prominently in search results; more analytical features such as seeing what countries people have been viewing you from and the top search keywords that led to your profile (so you know how to promote yourself better)

What do you dislike?

Still doesn´t tell you EVERYONE who viewed your profile; far too expensive for the price; does not include the ability for you to view others´ profiles without detection (which would be a nice feature)

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn is great, but the Premium version is a waste of money.

LinkedIn Premium review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Got me a job. Made me make more money. It doesn't get better than this."

What do you like best?

I started using linkedin.com so long ago I can't remember when my profile was created. Social networking was just an idea back then, and the site was just an option here, different to the one we all used in my country: have your resume / cv in many different versions, colors and languages and depending on the interview you were headed to, you would take one or any other one.

It soon became obvious that it was more practical to just consolidate everything I had done so far in one CV, in one place and brand myself to the world. That's what linkedin.com did for me: it allowed me to become more of a brand than just another candidate. And when social networking became so important, connecting with peers was the one other thing that made it for me: I suddenly got recommended and reviewed by peers, and recruiters would hunt me down. So good it was, that for the past 5 or 6 years I have only received recruiting interview requested through linkedin.com and that's as much as I can handle.

It helped me get a better job and of course, more money, and grow through feedback / reviews / recommendations / endorsements of other users, and now I even use it to screen candidates I want to interview.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say I haven't found one single thing I haven't been able to manage or work around through LinkedIn.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build your profile intelligently but simply. Start from within and from the basic level of getting your credentials right, then add some jobs you've done and get endorsed, then join a few groups around what you do / area of expertise...and you're all set to go. You won't regret it!

LinkedIn Premium review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"LinkedIn: How Networking Should Look"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn provides me with a more intimate view into companies and personnel that I might be interested in. Furthermore, I have received many leads for my insurance agency via apps integrated into LinkedIn. With regards to researching potential employers and companies LinkedIn has an awesome application system to apply for posted jobs. I recently submitted an application and I was informed by the hiring manager that it was actually my profile on LinkedIn that sparked his interest.

What do you dislike?

I like the idea for has an endorsement system (the system in which on member can endorse another member's skills). The only issue is that a system like this cannot be taken seriously because there is no way for the endorsements to be validated, and there is no requirement to comment on why you are endorsing this person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in business, (which if you have a job you are in the business of something) then you should have a LinkedIn profile. It is a great way to follow companies in your industry, connect with others that share your profession, and be referred to prospects via your contacts.

LinkedIn Premium review by Shari R.
Shari R.

"Thinking of upgrading to LinkedIn Premium? Save your money! "

What do you like best?

Companies can use LinkedIn Premium for finding qualified hiring candidates

What do you dislike?

You can only look at full professional profiles of those who make their profiles public; See who's viewed your profile feature provides the exact same info as what you get with your free account

Recommendations to others considering the product

Disappointed

There is not much difference of value between a free basic account and the paid premium account on LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Premium review by Agency in Computer & Network Security
Agency in Computer & Network Security

"great"

What do you like best?

perfect great love connecting with people

What do you dislike?

Not enough bang for the buck. They keep charging more and taking away features. I dont need 10 inmail credits for $60 a month.

none

LinkedIn Premium review by Shyam K.
Shyam K.

"Great way to network"

What do you like best?

I have been an avid LinkedIn user for over 5 years now before everyone started using it and have found it extremely helpful in not only making you professional contacts but also whilst researching prospective clients. It is easy to use, provides some great information and a great way to interact with like-minded professionals.

What do you dislike?

Recently there has been a large number of people endorsing others - I agree that its easier to click the button when it shows up, but you cannot really endorse someone to endorse you when they don't know you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fee in my humble opinion is a little steep however it is worth it in its own right.

LinkedIn Premium review by Consultant in Banking
Consultant in Banking

"Worth it but not a game changer"

What do you like best?

The ability to make custom advanced searches is probably the most significant added use. LinkedIn is great for obtaining thousands upon thousands of 2nd and 3rd connections, but what's the point of doing so if one can't find people of interest? The search function allows one to find secondary connections that may be worth an introduction.

An ample supply of InMails is also a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

While the idea of being able to search For example, by typing in a search word of "owner" the search reveals many people that are in fact not "owners" of his/her company at all. Perhaps he/she once was an owner, but most of the time the word is in the profile somewhere. An owner search in job titles also seems to have the same flaws that come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The lowest paid plan is probably sufficient for most anyone.

LinkedIn Premium review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"Excellent Site for Professional Networking"

What do you like best?

Groups, which allow you to network with other people who have similar skills to yours are a great tool. Endorsements and Recommendations are a great way to showcase your skills. If you're in the job market, the premium account gives you a little more insight into who is viewing your profile and some extra statistical data along with some other perks like extra InMails to people who aren't connections.

What do you dislike?

Once you complete your profile, you'll tend to get a lot of messages from recruiters advertising jobs that might not really be a good match for your skills so you have to search through them to find the really good opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. A lot of times LinkedIn has offers for free trial periods of their premium service so there's no cost to check it out. Just remember to cancel it if you end up not liking it or they'll start automatically billing your credit card.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation and ability to see more information

What do you dislike?

The overall costs associated vs the return on the initial investment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

lead generation-ease of getting main contact information, also knowing who is seeing profiles and being able to follow up with them

LinkedIn Premium review by Britten T.
Britten T.

"LinkedIn Got me Nowhere"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about it. I would not recommend using any of LinkedIn's paid service.

What do you dislike?

I kept hearing that LinkedIn Premium would make finding a job easy, and I read so many testimonials about finding your dream job. I kept getting e-mails saying people were looking at my application, but I didn't get a single phone call or interview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother with LinkedIn Premium. Don't purchase anything that LinkedIn asks you to pay money for. Their free services are alright, but won't really get you anywhere.

LinkedIn Premium review by Roberto A.
Roberto A.

"The Linkedin Wonder"

What do you like best?

This site makes networking easy and has a large pool of jobs from all over the planet. It recommends jobs to you based on your skills and industry, which can be helpful to job hunters.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it doesn't have a regional job pool. I wish it had lists of companies located in regional areas. It also doesn't recommend jobs based on experience level

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use this if you're looking for a job, that's really the only benefit. The free version, in my opinion, has plenty of good resources and I think spending money on this service is too much, especially for recent college graduates.

LinkedIn Premium review by Kristen D.
Kristen D.

"Increased Visibility for Sales and Marketing"

What do you like best?

I use my LinkedIn premium account to do research on target buyers. Having the ability to view full profiles gives me very detailed information to build robust buyer personas.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the Premium Plans is high when you consider the incremental increase in features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a wide variety of Premium Plans. Research each of them so you get exactly what you need without overpaying for features you won't use.

LinkedIn Premium review by Callistus P.
Callistus P.

"Good feature, but did not need it 365 days of the year"

What do you like best?

The ability to send in mails directly to the hiring manager

What do you dislike?

More features should be added for this price

Trying to find a job. Was good to see who viewed my profile.

LinkedIn Premium review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"LinkedIn Review"

What do you like best?

The ease and reach of using features such as job postings. This has helped us in the recruiting area tremendously.

What do you dislike?

Job posting advertisements are a little bit expensive compared to various other mediums.

Access to more job seekers and networking across companies and vertical industries.

LinkedIn Premium review by Tori G.
Tori G.

"LinkedIn my thoughts"

What do you like best?

I like that it seems as though EVERYONE is connected to linkedIn.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure how best to utilize linkedin as it doesn't seem as active as other social media platforms I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get connected.

Networking.

LinkedIn Premium review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"It helped me get a job!"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn has perfect networking. They've made it so easy to connect with both colleagues and follow those in the industry you want to keep your eye on. It is a great tool to have in your belt, especially in this age and economy where jobs are often hard to come by. It's also a great recruiting tool.

What do you dislike?

Not quite sure I'm sold on paying for a premium account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create it as early in your career as possible.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Good, Room For Improvement"

What do you like best?

The premium features have been more useful than the standard access features

What do you dislike?

Cost vs value. for me the value hasn't justified the cost.

No problems solved. Am able to be more informed & verify information

LinkedIn Premium review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"LinkedIn Premium for networking "

What do you like best?

User-friendly navigation

Greater visibility for seeing who views my LinkedIn profile

Broadening my network

What do you dislike?

Costly fee considering what you get in value

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has some great features but not worth the cost

Social Networks

LinkedIn Premium review by Shane H.
Shane H.

"The only business networking site I use"

What do you like best?

The ability to see most of the folks who have viewed my profile

What do you dislike?

It is a bit pricy for the premium version, but if you are in a job search, it is crucial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simply the best networking site available.

Networking, connecting to business associates.

LinkedIn Premium review by Oliver W.
Oliver W.

"The best professional social networking site"

What do you like best?

It's great for researching and finding more contacts within an organisation There are also other nice features such as being able to create folders and save searches that can then be run and e-mailed to you on a periodic basis.

Also, InMails are a nice feature - where you can contact someone directly even if you are LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

There are a few strange elements such as it not exposing 3rd degree connections last name.

A general downside of some pople having Premium accounts is the amount of Spam you receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The InMail functionality is very good. Currently the statistics show you are more likely to get a response from an InMail compared to e-mail but this might change over time when InMail's becomes the 'norm'.

I would recommend people to trying the premium accounts but monitor the return you are getting as it can turn out expensive.

LinkedIn Premium review by âś… Ian M.
âś… Ian M.

"LinkedIn Premium Review"

What do you like best?

That some of the limits of the free edition are overcome.

What do you dislike?

You should get more benefit for the price than you do and for example have unlimited connections. Linked in limits the connections you can have to 30,000 on your account and then locks you adding any more !!! In the small print with no notification as you approach it that there is a limit !!

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best social networking tool around"

What do you like best?

I like to have a professional way to network with others and to be able to use Linkedin for prospecting on occasion.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that seeing who looked at my profile requires premium.

It is a great benefit to be able to verify a person's' role at a company using a tool as simple as linkedin.

LinkedIn Premium review by Carole M.
Carole M.

"Business relationships in the 21st century"

What do you like best?

The ability to save profiles, makes notes and explore commonalities.

What do you dislike?

The reminder feature doesn't actually remind you- either my email or on the dashboard when you login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are job hunting or prospecting, the premium features saves you a lot of time and gives you that extra information you need to customize your approach and understanding of the person you want to interact with.

LinkedIn Premium review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"LinkedIn is in the business networking sweet spot, right now"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn provides an incredibly great tool for networking in today's social age. Business gets done on LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of a learning curve to becoming an expert user. And building out a proper profile with work samples, many recommendations, connections, and the like...it's quite a time consuming thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, and be ahead of the crowd.

LinkedIn Premium review by Paras W.
Paras W.

"Good networking tool, but with issues"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to contact and send message to anyone.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn reading my contacts from my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it to see if it fits your needs.

Finding great connections in my line of work.

LinkedIn Premium review by Hassan J.
Hassan J.

"Great product for recruiting"

What do you like best?

I like the email capabilities and to connect with people via InMail

What do you dislike?

The price is on the higher end. I think more and more people will use it if it was lower.

Recruiting, finding best talent

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Social network for business"

What do you like best?

All features and functionality work very well. I especially like the fact that my in-mails are refreshed every month.

What do you dislike?

The fact that some group managers can be tyrants in applying their rules. There should be a requirement that a Group Manager must first issue a warning for violating group rules before unsubscribing you from their group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For marketers and sales people, the Premium version opens the door to many more features, improving access to people you are trying to reach.

LinkedIn Premium review by Megha S.
Megha S.

"Great Networking Platform"

What do you like best?

Opportunity to connect with people at a professional level.

What do you dislike?

Some of the premium features are not useful as an individual user.

We need more leads. LinkedIn surely is place to find those..

LinkedIn Premium review by Administrator in Computer Software

"LinkedIn is great!"

What do you like best?

Connecting with people, seeing the stats.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of right now. It fits my needs

To try and find leads in my organization.

LinkedIn Premium review by Noah N.
Noah N.

"Expanding your reach....professionally. "

What do you like best?

I love to stay in touch with my network while making new connections each day. To learn what others have done in your field and keeping current on old friends is important to me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when it says someone has viewed my profile but will not disclose their info. A creepy option at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a full bio about yourself. Be as detailed as possible when setting up your account. This isn't Facebook so take it serious.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Building relationships creates new opportunities and increased business"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Premium helps develop those strategic relationship. It's important to know who is looking at my profile and reaching out directly to people we need to know but don't have a connection.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some users can be anonymous.

Meeting people that I have not been able to meet in person and work together or share posts.

LinkedIn Premium review by Brandi B.
Brandi B.

"Great for Networking"

What do you like best?

I like connecting to people at the company i work for. It is easy to learn more about their roles and where they started and the position they are at now. I also use it to get to know my clients better. It is great to use in the work place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike people reaching out to me for employment offers when i have no desire to change my career path now. I understand my resume is posted but I do not like being drowned in job opp. messages from other business/recruiters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update your profile as you learn more. Add certs/courses you may take. You never know who is looking at your page. In my case (sales) one of my customers could look me up and see my capabilities and then choose to do more business with me :)

LinkedIn Premium review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"Your Online Resume"

What do you like best?

Great professional networking tool. They do a good job of keeping it business only. It's also a great place for recruiters and job hunters to get connected.

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer the premium upgrade free for military veterans

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great way to network and find job opportunities"

What do you like best?

Slew of extra features when you use premium and it's relatively inexpensive for what you get.

What do you dislike?

I feel like it should be either a litlte cheaper or offer something more. SOmetime I don't feel like i am getting value for my dollar per dollar.

Marketing my agency and myself.

LinkedIn Premium review by Nicole A.
Nicole A.

"Worth the extra $$"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I have a LinkedIn Recruiter account and enjoy how easy it is to find specific candidates. You're able to categorize by so many useful points: school attended, number of years in current position, level of career, etc. I also enjoy the amount of InMails that are available. InMail templates are a huge time saver!

What do you dislike?

I wish the search categories had exclusions. For example, to be able to choose someone who currently DOES NOT work at X,Y,Z company would make searching for the preferred candidate more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your InMails as much as possible. Also, using as many of the serch tools as possible makes it easier to find candidates. If you're job searching or helping to fill a job, the Premium Accounts are definitely worth it.

LinkedIn Premium review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Worth it, if you're already a heavy user"

What do you like best?

The best feature of LinkedIn is being able to see who has looked at your profile.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn has become home to spammers, particularly in groups. I don't join groups any more because it's entirely self-serving spam and very little real conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a power networker, then it's worth it. Otherwise, skip it.

LinkedIn Premium review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"Didn't see value in it"

What do you like best?

It was nice to be able to see more information about who was looking at your profile. Also, the ability to send messages to some people outside of your network.

What do you dislike?

Other than that I didn't see the ROI for paying for this upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Didn't work for me. But might still be a good tool for others.

LinkedIn Premium review by User in Computer Software

"LinkedIn Premium does it's job"

What do you like best?

I like seeing the profiles of people that have viewed my profile. That allows me to determine if I should reach out to 'newbies' and make a connection.

What do you dislike?

Whether Premium or other upgrades, I still think the search capabilities could use some refinement to help find people quicker. Google seems to still do a much better job at searching

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth it.

Learning about LinkedIn Premium?

* We monitor all LinkedIn Premium reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.