LinkedIn Sales Navigator

LinkedIn Sales Navigator

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is the best version of LinkedIn for sales professionals. By harnessing the power of a 500 million member network, LinkedIn Sales Navigator will help you better target, understand, and engage with buyers.

Work for LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

Learning about Sales Navigator?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Reviews

Showing 740 Sales Navigator reviews
Sales Navigator review by Michael C.
Michael C.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Sales Navigator review by Ian O.
Ian O.

"Great tool to find quality lead contacts"

What do you like best?

I like that I can save my accounts and I get updates. It gives me talking points when I reach out to a potential customer. I see that your CIO was just replaced. How is the new CIO? I see that your stock went up 5% after the quarterly earnings report, nice job. I have been able to find better quality leads then with InsideView or Rainmaker. Because it is based on LinkedIn data it is more relevant and up to date then any other products I have used

What do you dislike?

I have had an issue with it syncing with the CRM system that we use. I was able to submit a ticket to our help desk and get it resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for up todate contacts and business insights

Getting up to date contacts and business insights makes it a very valuable tool. The search is much more comprehensive and customizable than the standard LinkedIn search algorithm. I also prefer the results to any other products on the market that I have tried.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Sales Navigator review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Sales Navigator Has Value, but Evaluate the Incremental Value above the Free Service"

What do you like best?

Executive Profiles provide biographical details not available on other platforms (This is available to all users)

Their connections tool, which is the best Who Knows Who Six Degrees tool on the market, is extended to Team Members that opt in (TeamLink). Sales reps can leverage the networks of participating colleagues. The system also suggests shared contacts to assist with warming up introductions.

Lead and Account Tracking allows sales reps to identify and track companies and contacts of interest. It also suggests additional contacts at accounts.

Every sales rep should be using the free LinkedIn service. It is invaluable for pre-call research and account planning. ANY SALES REP THAT FAILS TO USE FREE LINKEDIN IS ENGAGING IN SALES MALPRACTICE.

What do you dislike?

Sales Navigator provides very few emails (you must be connected to the user to view them and they are usually personal emails, not corporate), forcing you to use their InMail service. Furthermore, LinkedIn segregates your LinkedIn customer outreach from your enterprise email service (they recently added Gmail synch). On the plus side, InMails provide an alternate connection method for executives that rarely respond to blind emails or cold calls. Furthermore, LinkedIn has made recent enhancements to InMail including syncing with other platforms, signatures, and attachments.

The SFDC integration for Sales Navigator does not support uploading of LinkedIn biographic or firmographic member intelligence to SFDC to assist with segmentation and reporting. Thus, all LinkedIn prospect lists are view only. Users may add companies and contacts as Accounts and Leads within Navigator, but these lists cannot be downloaded to Excel or uploaded to CRMs. However, they are beginning to synch non-member data such as notes, tags and InMails to CRM.

Company profiles lack family trees and org structure tools for selling deeper into an organization. Furthermore, company profiles are written by the company so are basically web site rehashes.

Except for executive changes, LinkedIn does not provide sales triggers. Instead they provide general news and self-published updates (much of which is created on LinkedIn so has unique value). They also lack company financials, filings, SWOT reports, competitor lists, or viewing of other social media content (e.g. inline tools for company RSS, Twitter, Facebook).

As such, I view Sales Navigator as a strong complement to Sales Intelligence systems such as Avention OneSource or InsideView, not as a replacement to these services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using the free LinkedIn service alongside other sales intelligence services (InsideView, Avention, Hoover's). When evaluating vs. these other services, look at Alternate SI + Free LinkedIn value vs. Sales Navigator.

Sales Navigator should be viewed more as a social selling platform than a true sales intelligence platform. As such, if budget allows, licensing both Sales Navigator and a full SI service should be considered. While this may be cost prohibitive at SMBs, large enterprises may be able to take a best of breed approach and license both services due to volume discounting.

If you are looking for SFDC integration, go with InsideView or Avention.

For MS Dynamics integration, go with InsideView, Avention, or D&B360.

Sales Navigator is quite good at finding connections and maintaining networks. It provides an alternate network for reaching out to executives who refuse to answer their phones or email (or where direct contact information is not available).. The TeamLink feature allows me to leverage the networks of co-workers who also have Sales Navigator seats and opt-in.

LinkedIn is also vary good at identifying additional contacts at accounts and suggesting references and hooks for warming up communications.

LinkedIn is getting better at tracking communications on their platform and synching with other services. When PointDrive is added to their Sales Navigator platform in 2017 (they acquired it in 2016), they will have a branded email alternative that allows reps to send and track content in a much better UI than email attachments. Each attached item is shown in a box with commentary and improved accessibility. Furthermore, PointDrive tracks views, forwards, and downloads, providing sales reps with invaluable prospect intelligence.

Sales Navigator review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Sales Navigator - great prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

I use Sales Nav on a daily basis to prospect potential customers based on job title, company they've been with and what they specifically do at the company. I find the lead recommendations very helpful in case there's someone of importance I miss or am unaware works within the same organization. I utilize the Boolean function as well with my searches, a feature than other prospecting sites disallow.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search function were a bit more intuitive. When typing in names of people or companies, if you're off by only a few letter there will be 0 results found. With that said, the Boolean function is very beneficial - if you understand how to use it.

I work for a SaaS company and many of my contacts specify what SEO provider they use, which analytics tools they use or which CSM they use. It provides a greater scope into the benefit and value we can add to companies problems surrounding their existing platform.

Sales Navigator review by Ross D.
Ross D.

"A fantastic prospecting tool but potentially too expensive compared to standard search"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to filter by specific industry, location, seniority, company size and job title is fantastic and for prospecting it's an invaluable tool that allows you to find the correct people quickly and easily

What do you dislike?

The messaging function is irritating as it is separate to your standard Linkedin messages so if you've been conversing with someone on the mobile app for example, the previous messages will not show and you have to constantly switch back and forth between the two.

Alongside this any CRM integration would be incredible. Linkedin aims to remove this ability so any third party vendors can not allow transferring of identified leads into a CRM for quick integration which would make this product invaluable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outline the initial costs and decide whether it will be an affordable need over the standard Linkedin Search.

Linkedin Sales Navigator allows us to put together a specific targetted list of clients that will be relevant and have a need for our product or service.

The ability to quickly identify potential leads has resulted in at least twice as many conversions and faster targetting and identification.

Sales Navigator review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"A really helpful tool for your sales quiver."

What do you like best?

InMail Messages are unbelievably useful for those times when you just can't track down good contact info. And even though there are a limited amount, you get credited back when someone decides to engage with you. It also makes it considerably easier to hunt down the exact outreach target no matter the size of the company. And lastly, the updates and job changes section is a great way to build rapport with doing a ton of outside web searching.

What do you dislike?

I think the InMail message limit can be a bit of a hindrance. I understand the need for limiting SPAM messages and outreach abuse, but I think 30 is a little too low. I also think the Salesforce integration could be a little bit more useful. Launching Sales Navigator from Salesforce is helpful, but pushing contact info from LinkedIn back to Salesforce to eliminate wasted data entry time would be even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's most helpful when used in combination with other lead sourcing tools like ZoomInfo, RocketReach, etc. Using it as a stand-alone tool is tough to do without that extra layer in your sales stack because on the InMail limits and lack of additional contact info.

Our industry is filled with large and small companies, both of which present unique outreach challenges. Navigator makes finding the right person at a large (5000+) company much easier. That in combination with a good lead sourcing and data aggregation tool like ZoomInfo is a sales person's dream. Similarly, finding any contact at a small company (<100) can be really difficult and isn't always available on data aggregation sites. Navigator helps us address both of those problems and has increased overall sales team productivity.

Sales Navigator review by Abraham D.
Abraham D.

"Awesome Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a critical sales tool. I would not be able to fully function as sales professional without. Furthermore, the team I manage would not be near as productive without it.

The thing that I like best about Sales Navigator is the ability to use the advanced search to bubble up leads across a multitude of accounts that fit very specific criteria.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike how LinkedIn disabled the Salesforce connector since Microsoft purchased LinkedIn. I assume this was a move to try to give Microsoft Dynamics an edge over Salesforce, but the reality is that Salesforce is used far more than Dynamics and that plug-in was super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend purchasing this product because of its search capabilities to find leads.

The business problem that I am solving is how to find very good leads across a multitude of smaller accounts in an efficient way. Advanced search has helped me and the reps I manage to do that.

Sales Navigator review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Good not Great"

What do you like best?

With detailed search criteria it can find nearly anyone.

What do you dislike?

The cost is not cheap, and for the money you would expect a easy to understand interface to ensure highest value is derived from all features. The focal point is on creating leads/lists but they are only so valuable to me in LinkedIn, I need them in Salesforce which costs even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what you will get vs what you think you get. The one sheet/pricing/features make it sound very attractive and with every best intention it can work; but it's HEAVILY dependent on you knowing a very detailed criteria of who you want to target. There are not additional social factors or demographics available that would be really nice to have for the price you pay. But it's still good. Just waiting for someone else to do this better and at a more attractive price point.

Finding Decision Makers and Influencers. Benefits are I can find people a little easier than with regular LinkedIn.

Sales Navigator review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Excellent Business Tool"

What do you like best?

It gives me the ability to find out a more in depth look into a company. It helps me to get to the person in charge of the particular product I am calling about. I am able to send an electronic message to a person that I may not have been able to send any other way. I have been able to make contact with different people within the organization that I would've never known existed, unless it was for LinkedIn Navigator. I love the program. It's great for what I use it for.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using LinkedIn Navigator. It's a great business tool to have. It has increased my level of productivity.

I am able to locate alternate contacts within the same company that are able to assist me with getting my product introduced to the proper Decision Maker. I have scheduled appointments through LinkedIn Sales Navigator that I would've never been able to get unless I had the business tool.

Sales Navigator review by Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.

"Gives you great info before speaking with someone"

What do you like best?

Building lists for prospecting is really helpful when searching by specific criteria. I also search a individuals in a company by specific name, which is helpful for me to gain information on a person before speaking with them.

What do you dislike?

No Salesforce integration makes it really time-consuming to save leads in a CRM. The messaging sometimes tells me I have a message in Inmail when I actually don't. I also wish there was a way to see if recipients of inMail messages have their Linkedin preferences set up to also receive an email with the same information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and find a way for easy import into your CRM (if needed)

I use Linkedin Navigator for prospecting potential customers. Building lists based on specific criteria is extremely helpful-- plus it's pretty up to date since most users of Linkedin are actively using it and updating their roles in a timely fashion.

Sales Navigator review by Erin V.
Erin V.

"Very easy to use, also easy to make connections within groups"

What do you like best?

I like the updates it posts when people move to new jobs, those are often the people I target, it is also very easy to see news going on at a company-for example if they were acquired by anyone, if they are in the news etc-gives an easy segway to give a reason for calling someone

What do you dislike?

The inmail messages used to be separate from the 30 in mails you receive each month, so I used to be 60 per month (30 in mail, 30 between groups) and now I only receive 30 total-there should be a benefit from belonging to a group

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using sales navigator if you are in the business of making new connections and keeping connected with them

Easy to get your product information out there to various people, also recently tried the point drive and love that I am able to view what people viewed on my presentation and for how long, etc

Sales Navigator review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Great, up-to-date information "

What do you like best?

As a marketer what I like most is knowing that the employment data is fresh/correct because people usually update it themselves - as opposed to acquiring list via conferences or other means in which the data goes stale over time because it's not refreshed. I also like the real-time updates on what your saved contacts/leads are doing. It gives a great excuse to reach out to them with pertinent information or gather sales intelligence.

What do you dislike?

Sales Navigator is not inexpensive and it would be good if access to more contacts would be possible. They do give you access to a decent amount, but I think it should be opened up even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take the time to go through and save a number of your "wish list" leads. It's great to see what they're doing, sharing, etc.

I use it get the latest up to date contact information and also to get real-time intelligence on the updates and Linked activity at key target accounts.

Sales Navigator review by Sundeep G.
Sundeep G.

"Good for all the sales people but too expensive!"

What do you like best?

Linkedin Sales Navigator offers good insights into the prospects by offering their bio and it can give you access to an unlimited number of profiles if you are a 3rd-degree connection. The best thing about getting a Sales Navigator though is that there are no limits on the number of profiles you can browse through.

What do you dislike?

The number of InMails you get for the price you pay is absurd. InMails are way too less. Linkedin kind of leans more towards social selling which is kind of turn down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Linkedin Sales Navigator has a trial account and it is free to use for 30days, please consider the cost of the product before going with it. Linkedin Sales Navigator is not enough if you are going to build a complete sales team and you need to have multiple products to do the job well.

Previously our sales team used to go after everyone and now the process is far smoother and effective.

Sales Navigator review by Jen O.
Jen O.

"Helpful but only nominally different than plain old LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

When you've saved leads and accounts, Sales Nav will display their LinkedIn shares (leads) and notable news (accounts) on the homepage, which can provide a good reason to call on someone. At the very least, it'll make you smarter about your leads and contacts in general. PointDrive has promise, but doesn't offer much you can't accomplish through email and a tracking program like Yesware.

What do you dislike?

Building lists (of prospects) isn't intuitive, and often gives results that don't match the criteria entered. I don't see much that's different from LinkedIn when researching leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in an account development role (as opposed to new business) this would be a helpful tool to have for account-based research and to keep up with your customers.

I need an easy way to find new prospect accounts and the right leads within them.

Sales Navigator review by Keith C.
Keith C.

"Good - insightful and easy. But pricey"

What do you like best?

I like how well the people data is integrated into the platform unlike other social selling tools, such as Artesian - which really need to be used in conjunction with LinkedIn anyway

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price - it's way too pricey for what it generates in return. It's only as good as the self-completed user data. And the information from companies house isn't quite as good (or accurate) as other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

investigate CRM integration. Make sure you make the most of the training materials available. Arrange a meeting with an account manager to ensure that the product matches your requirements.

Sales Navigator allows us to work in conjunction with our other social selling platform - Artesian. We find what works best is to use Artesian to give us the company data from it's prospector tool, and linkedin allows us to find the decision makers to speak to.

Sales Navigator review by Julius v.
Julius v.

"Great platform for reaching out to your entire addressable market"

What do you like best?

I love the search functionality in Sales Navigator, its easy to find prospects with the relevant experience and have the proper title. The biggest plus is people also use Linkedin to share stories and industry articles so there is relevance to build rapport with.

What do you dislike?

The inmail functionality is clunky and feels outdated. If it was more intuitive, it would probably be less of a pain to use. My biggest gripe is that I am never sure if I got an message directly back from a prospect or a response through sales navigator. I think that part of the platform could use the most work. Also there is a glitch where copying and pasting into Linkedin can bring up a URL instead of a bit of text, very annoying. However, outreach.io has the best integration if you want to send inmails efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you will find value in the product.

You can reach your entire addressable market, learn what companies departments are comprised of. Low cost for its value.

Sales Navigator review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Sales Navigator improves social selling"

What do you like best?

Improves basic LinkedIn by adding the ability to save leads / contacts / accounts along with daily insights to what is happening at the organizations you care about. Contact requests / Inmails often trigger an email notification to your lead, providing another touch point. Robust advanced search options.

What do you dislike?

No direct export to CRM may require you to track leads on multiple platforms. The SSI (Social Selling Index), which tracks your effectiveness, can be vague in it's requirements to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good investment if you're looking to venture more into social selling with your organization

Sales Navigator has allowed me to reach individuals that I was unable to via phone call or email. Social media profile aspect adds a personal touch (picture, work history, skills, etc...) that other outreach methods lack.

Sales Navigator review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Easy to use platform for sales roles"

What do you like best?

I think the interface of LinkedIn Sales Navigator is user friendly and requires very little training on the platform to understand how to utilize it in a sales role.

What do you dislike?

I think LinkedIn would benefit by adding additional features, as well as having an online support team to ease the process of answering any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for at least a few months and do a cost/benefit analysis of the platform. We enjoyed the ease of use, but do not currently use the platform as we are looking to see what other options are out there and if they could benefit our company in other ways. LinkedIn is a well known name, with a great number of active users. Even without the Sales Navigator tool, there are many benefits that can be obtained by using LinkedIn.

The problems that I have solved include finding key decision makers in my industry. This has led to many benefits, most importantly being turning cold calls into warm calls and allowing easier access into businesses that I would not have had prior to using LinkedIn.

Sales Navigator review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"LinkedIn Sales Navigator - Great Service"

What do you like best?

What I like the most (and use the most) is searching for Leads - you can really narrow it down with all of the filters and find the exact individuals you're looking for. I also love that you receive notifications when one of your prospects or accounts shares/publishes something (and then use that as a conversation starter).

What do you dislike?

When you select "Search Similar" it brings you to similar roles at different companies rather than sticking within that company, which is normally what I want. I also wish there were a way Sales Navigator could like to company org charts so you could hierarchies. Another thing I don't like is how, if the prospect hasn't accepted your connect, you have to put a "subject line" in the message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to search for prospects within your batch of accounts. Would say that it's an extremely easy/intuitive platform to use. It's also a great way to reach out to your prospects directly, since everyone is on LinkedIn. Lastly, you can receive notifications when one of your prospects posts something, which makes for a great conversation starter.

identifying leads/prospects within companies that I'd potentially want to reach out to, and then if they accept your connect request, you have an initial conversation starter. I find that if I cold call, sometimes they'll recognize who I am based on my LinkedIn connect

Sales Navigator review by Anne K.
Anne K.

"Enhance your sales and marketing campaigns with Sales Navigator "

What do you like best?

The software is simple to use and apply in your marketing campaigns.

Helps run an elaborate marketing campaign and reach your customer target faster.

Minimizes resources spent in ad hoc advertising and generalized sales campaign by supporting an elaborate, specific and accurate sales campaign direct to the target market.

What do you dislike?

If there was a way the software was merged with the normal LinkedIn it would be prudent as it would have increased its adoption in formulation of sales campaigns and strategies and eliminate the surrounding confusion between the two platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Sales Navigator has a reliable search and filter functions that enables you zero in on credible and potential clients such as CFO, CEOs whom after engaging with them properly play a huge role in marketing and buying your products and services thereby making the sales process to be analytical and efficient. Its simple to use and will bring immense benefits to your company.

Previously before acquiring Sales Navigator our marketing campaigns were general and focused on informing our services and products to general population and did not have particular insights or focus to specific crucial clients who would expand our customer base and play a huge role in promoting our products. However after acquiring Sales Navigator we are able to launch a sales campaign that is research based and also it has opened a door for expanding our network by connecting us with professionals and potential clients who have helped strike crucial business deals and grow our business brand.

Sales Navigator review by George O.
George O.

"Great for some, not for myself"

What do you like best?

Ability to save leads to accounts. This helps keep tract of all the different prospects within a company. Additionally you are able to see updates as your leads post.

What do you dislike?

I am in general a pound the phone kind of salesman. I am not a fan of sending messages and in-mails. This is not to say that those tactics do not work, however they are not what I do best with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is the type of marketing you want to do, it can be a great tool. They offer a free trial. So if you want to try it before you buy it, that will not be a problem.

Gaining a clear picture of the structural breakdown of large corporations. Able to keep up with the latest news from prospects.

Sales Navigator review by Teofil S. S.
Teofil S. S.

"The most up-to-date database of professionals across the globe"

What do you like best?

I've been using LinkedIn Sales Nav for several years now and havent found better substitute yet. For a sales organisation that's generating leads across the globe I found the Sales Nav being accurate and providing the right data. With the new design and capabilities (update from 3-4 months I guess) I find it useful to track my leads.

What do you dislike?

For a sales pro that's generating own leads and stressing on quality I'm missing the part that's in the recruitment tool and that's allowing you to seek professionals by the skills they posses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of a 1 month free trial period and then decide for yourself.

Finding the right people in the right companies with the right job titles. As simple as that. Representing a sales organization with a global footprint the biggest problem I usually face is how accurate and actual is the contact I find. Through using Sales Nav I've found a way to solve this issue.

Sales Navigator review by Angelo T.
Angelo T.

"Great business tool"

What do you like best?

Subscription to company profiles and automated email with news and updates

save leads and create a mini CRM in Linkedin

Ability to search for leads using advanced filtering

What do you dislike?

The user interface looks very old. It could improve considerably for usability and reduction of clatter

Linkedin and Sales navigator sometimes seem like different products, especially when reading messages making the experience less seamless

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product a bit expensive though. I do not see good value in the price point since it is a standalone tool. I would not recommend it for small and medium business owners.

I can stay updated with the latest news of the companies I am targeting

I can find relevant leads using advanced filtering

I can follow the companies that I am targeting so business conversations are more relevant

Sales Navigator review by Kristin L.
Kristin L.

"Good concept, complicated system!"

What do you like best?

I loved the fact that using sales navigator allows you to view the correct contacts name and title on every employee online.

What do you dislike?

Outside of the fact that you can use this to generate quality leads, there’s not much more that appealed to me. It seemed to be too high of a monthly cost to pay for something I could put a small amount of extra effort towards to get the same result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is primary need is to locate and generate leads, this app would be great for you!

The one part was that I could literally call up my sales navigator, and not only would they give me the ability to view the person that was in the correct position at the company, they would also show me a similar companies with in the same industry that had The one part was that I could literally call up my sales navigator, and not only would they give me the ability to view the person that was in the correct position at the company, they would also show me similar companies within the same industry that also had the position of COO or CEO. That allowed me the opportunity to be able to get more leads that were already prequalified.

Sales Navigator review by Chidiebere Moses O.
Chidiebere Moses O.

"Professional and Always Current"

What do you like best?

I first became interested in knowing about Linkedin Sales Navigator when I was constantly prompted by the LinkedIn Team to give it a try.

Then I accepted to check on it. Despite the fact of having software like the Clearbit to source for the direct and professional lead, I became fascinated by the extra feature in LinkedIn Sales Navigator such as;

Always updating the Targetted Lead's current profile in their organization.

It does feel personal because I actually had the opportunity to interact in real life with my lead.

I had the chance to easily identify who could be the best, the next option for my contact purposes

It reduced the time I was supposed to consume, trying to use some short/special character search process on google search engine.

It was really efficient enough that I hardly could say anything wrong about this product.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is good enough for the core purpose of building targeted lead, but I would appreciate it if is made available for also those that are not using/signed up with LinkedIn.

I understand that nothing is free, but LinkedIn as a social network is already making enough fortune in various ways, so it would be appreciated if this service is made absolutely free (with no cost) attached.

This way, even people who do not like to use Linkedin, can have a motivating reason to join the network.

To some extent, Sales Navigator is for the rich and that should not be the case. And that is the only thing i do not like so much

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford the financial requirement, then I suggest you give it a try.

It will give you what you want, but before that, be clear about who you are actually targeting as sometimes, you may want to check on many other people being that it will give you various options of prominent people in the company.

Linkedin Sales Navigator will link you up with the best sales lead if you navigate with clear purpose and target.

It is the best for providing real-time and current, updated profile unlike the counterpart / competitors..

Well, as the name implies; Sales and Navigator, I use this software to generate sales lead by navigating the Linkedin network and it has been working for me.

Although I don't use it often, because it is not a free product, but when I need to know the exact new profile of my target lead, I use the provisions of the Sales Navigator.

I use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to;

1. Generate targeted and professional Sales Lead

2. Identify the current Job profile of my target lead

3. Sometimes to understand the actual full profile of my target lead so that my approach can be more personal.

4. To source for Sales lead that Clearbit and Google search engine tools could not provide.

5. Because I could actually view a company's profiled employees through this software, it makes it easy for me to analyze which company can be interested in my proposal, especially by following up their recent posts, comments on Linkedin posts and the networks of their employees.

I do a couple of things beyond just checking up the lead profile with this software because the platform is real-life oriented.

Sales Navigator review by Luke C.
Luke C.

"Completing 'the loop' with Sales Navigator"

What do you like best?

Sales Navigator offers me an easy to manage means of nurturing a sales pipeline - not necessarily live leads but all of the interesting folks who I believe align with my companies offer. The fact that you can search by brand, job title or other more drilled down search criteria allows me to look for and later save individuals with very, very specific qualifications, experience or background.

It's also worth mentioning that Linkedin and Sales Navigator provide 'quieter' business communications channels than email alone. Increasingly all our email accounts are overwhelmed with unsolicited, generic approaches (and spam) and we are all guilty of 'speed deleting' anything we don't instantly recognise. It's human nature to want to remove any background noise from your working day, but that also limits the power of well crafted, meaningful business messages getting though to the intended recipient.

Linkedin and Sales Navigator can stack the odds more in your favor, helping make sure your business enquiries get seen and heard.

What do you dislike?

Linkedin needs to not lean so heavily on the 'social selling' aspect of the platforms strengths. It is of course common sense that Linkedin wants to increase use, increase subscriptions and grow the business offers, but you should not lose sight of the fact that (as a business platform) you still attract the CEO's and Business Owners so vital to the platforms success. The more you mimic a social site, like a Facebook for example) the more irrelevant content creeps in and inevitably puts off those same business leaders from having a presence on Linkedin.

The occasional bit of lighthearted business haiku is fine, but when all you can see is office party photos and meaningless posts that have little or no business value, well.... simply put you need to squash it and keep content curated and of high-value to the reader.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All I can say is that I use Sales Navigator and I get results because it helps me make sense of what might otherwise be a 'wall' of information on hundreds of potential business partnerships.

I have no doubt that my companies relationships with the Global brands that are our clients would simply not have been so easy to find, communicate with and build a rapport with, without Linkedin or Sales Navigator

As New Business Director it is my role to identify the businesses with which my team would be a good fit and to nurture long-term business relationships. As someone who has amassed over 1000 contacts over the last 4-5 years of campaigning and building these relationships, Linkedin is a near perfect 'digital notebook' that allows me to stay relevant and be seen 'front & centre' by my business contacts, colleagues, friends and co-conspirators.

Sales Navigator review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Prospecting via LinkedIN"

What do you like best?

I love how LinkedIn has facilitated searching, saving and following prospects and clietns via LinkedIN Sales Navigator. It's much better than regular LinkedIn and I am able to track what my prospects are saying in the news, roles they've changed to, promotions, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish more contacts would include their email address to make the outreach more personal. Many folks get bombarded on LinkedIN with messages so having a more personal touch would be significantly better. I also wish there were more alerts informing you about live updates from your saved contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing product for anyone in Sales or Account Management. Follow your leads and create solutions that will increase your product's value.

I am able to search for opportunities within my accounts and help decipher org charts that are sometimes difficult to obtain.

Sales Navigator review by Luciana M.
Luciana M.

"Linkedin Sales Navigator - Must have for prospecting!"

What do you like best?

I think the platform is very stable and easy to use. It's great that you can do really specific searches, and find just the right prospect you were looking for

What do you dislike?

It's really a waste of time that you don't have a connect button directly from the search engine. It would be awesome if this feature was added. Also, everytime you save a lead to an account a window pops-up and it just makes you lose time.

When we first starting prospecting we found it was really difficult to find our ideal customer contact. With Linkedin Sales Navigator, we could easily find name and last name and once we connected we could get email and, sometimes, even cellphones!

Sales Navigator review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Sales Insights through Sales Navigator"

What do you like best?

Being able to look up titles and context of a lead that I find or a contact from a company before reaching out to them. This helps have a more meaningful interaction which can help to stir up conversation.

What do you dislike?

I think the search refinement is not very clear. I would like to be able to have multiple searches with various ways to sort and categorize the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to gauge the personality of a lead given that their profiles are self-made.

I am solving the problem of not knowing information about the leads and contacts that I reach out to. LinkedIn Sales Navigator allows me to prepare and become familiar with leads before reaching out to them.

Sales Navigator review by Craig R.
Craig R.

"Good tool for sales people"

What do you like best?

Insights provided by the tool is amazing. The suggestions features works really well where it suggests people based on the past people you have visited, skills etc are the same.

What do you dislike?

It should had a feature of at least getting the users email address or another way of sending them a note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool if you don't rely on emails to do most of the prospecting. You can make use of the extra inmails, suggestions features & rich insights that is provided by the tool.

Finding the right people & similar people to target. Benefits of following the company & insights provided works really well in knowing what the company is up to.

Sales Navigator review by User

"Could not find new contacts without it"

What do you like best?

I have worked with Linkedin Sales Navigator for over three years, and honestly I don't know how I did my sales job without it. It is so easy to search accounts for contacts. You can search by title, seniority, years at company, location, etc. I love seeing when people change companies or get promoted. You can also follow trigger events. It's a great tool for sales reps in all industries. They also have an incredible team. We have worked with the same account manager for over two years and she has been great!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they change the user experience without notice and what you are used to changes over night. But it is usually for the better, you just have to get used to it. In the last three years, it hasn't changed in a way that I didn't understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say find out if you can do a trial with a few seats to see if it helps your reps. It is definitely one of the more expensive tools in the market, but it is a "need to have."

Finding new contacts to add to our CRM. Finding trigger events to include in our outreach. Also getting our own Social Selling indexes up is helpful. We are able to engage with insights and connect with our prospects, which buys credibility.

Sales Navigator review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Huge Benefit for Sales Development and Prospecting"

What do you like best?

I love how you can save leads and accounts, so when prospecting, if you want to come back to someone specifically later, you can save their name.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you seem to have to go to multiple pages to get into Sales Navigator. I also do not like that when you pay for Sales Navigator, there is not an option for unlimited profile unlocks. When prospecting a good amount, it makes it difficult when all the profiles under a company are locked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Linkedin Sales Navigator is an outstanding product for outbound prospecting. When using it, I found it extremely easy to find prospects based on their locations and positions within the company. It also makes it extremely easy to save these leads and come back to them.

The biggest business problems we are solving is in terms of prospecting. Using this solution, we can go through multiple accounts and save leads to specific accounts, to create leads for in our CRM and contact out to.

Sales Navigator review by User in Internet

"Interesting and helpful but difficult to streamline and manage"

What do you like best?

I like that when I sign on to Navigator, my actions are hidden from my prospects. I like that it's a hyped-up version of LinkedIn that is very sales-specific. I like that it doesn't re-load the homepage if I keep a couple tabs open, as I am literally keeping tabs open on prospects and customers. I like that I get notifications regarding specific target companies.

What do you dislike?

I wish keeping my "leads" up to date could somehow be more automatic. It's very manual, the way it is set up now. I only remember to clean out my LinkedIn pipeline when I get a notification about a company that is no longer in my book, or no longer a potential prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use other tools as well. LinkedIn Sales Nav can only provide what your prospects themselves provide so there is a positive spin on everything you see there. Otherwise, it's a great tool that you should use DAILY.

It's a hunter's way of using LinkedIn. Social outreach is so important and I've been able to craft very specific messaging using some of the updates provided from LinkedIn Sales Navigator.

Sales Navigator review by Katie F.
Katie F.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the dynamic search abilities.

I love the amount of information provided on companies. For a company that is based off of user input, I think they do an amazing job.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is company size being a bit misleading if the company is based here but has huge offices in another country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sales Navigator is a GREAT source for finding the correct person to contact at a company.

Finding decision makers and connecting easily. Also, finding a lot of information on the company and what type of employees they have is super helpful. Benefits that the company offers is super helpful with my searching.

Sales Navigator review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Great tool- hard to force usage"

What do you like best?

It allows you and your sales team to bypass some of LinkedIn's blocking measures to get the the clients you need. It provides handy analytic reminders for leads.

What do you dislike?

Each portion of the tool operates separately from one another- PointDrive is clunky and sometimes hard to use- getting to admin portal and reporting is limited and clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will truly allow your sales team members to reach out to their prospect clients faster and quicker and see analytics that may help get the clients attention.

Being able to reach leads quicker and easier- where they live.

Sales Navigator review by User

"Great tool for Many Things"

What do you like best?

I really like with LinkedIn Sales Navigator that i can source leads. I am able to select the search criteria i would like and then i can see my leads. It is also great for finding the right people in a department.

What do you dislike?

I love the product. Currently there is nothing i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to all of its capabilities. It is such a great tool

LinkedIn Sales Navigator helps me create a lead view based off the sales criteria I would like. This allows me to source through leads and I can reach out to more people. When i have trouble on finding who to reach out to or who are the right people within a department at an organization, this tool helps a lot. I love how it is incorporated in my Salesforce and on a lead view i could see the lead's linkedin. There are many other things. Overall this is a great product. I think it is a must for every organization to have for their employees. It is a great social networking tool as well. The best one out there

"Great Prospecting Tool"

What do you like best?

I use Sales Navigator daily to not only prospect potential customers based on job title, but also identify additional players / decision makers within my current accounts to leverage potential upsell opportunities. The daily LinkedIn activity digest is extremely valueable to keep on top of what my target individuals are saying, highlights / news for the organization, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search function were a bit more intuitive. When typing in names of people or companies, if you're off by only a few letter there will be 0 results found. I wish there was an easily search by say first-name only + company when you may have only been given information such as "Russell (our Regional VP) is also going to be joining Thursday's meeting."

Easily identify other key players within my current customer accounts. Helps me to really put together accurate org. hierarchy structures to know who's involved in the decision making processes.

I can also perform detailed searches to specificy which technology lines-of-business orgs. are using to further direct my conversations.

Sales Navigator review by Gijs B.
Gijs B.

"Best product, but still don't like it"

What do you like best?

It has the most comprehensive overview of all contacts in the business.

It has pretty advanced filtering.

Headcount changes at a company, which is an indicator how well the company is doing.

Composition of the staff, which is an indicator whether the company is sales or technology driven.

What do you dislike?

It is trying to turn it to a CRM and failing badly at that.

I strongly discourage my team to rely to much on LinkedIn as a primary point data source. Moreover, I prefer to have the data in our own systems instead being dependent on the account of an employee.

The user interface is unsuited for following more than a handful of companies and anything more than a 100 contacts.

A lot of the functionalities could previously be found in a cheaper edition, which was rendered useless by LinkedIn, forcing me to upgrade.

I still need bots, scraping LinkedIn, to give me a complete picture of our target audience.

The company news section is filled with totally irrelevant news

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend other software if I could (data.com, zoominfo etc.), but they can't hold a candle to LinkedIn.

Try if smart queries won't get you where you want to be.

Look up contacts at prospect companies.

Monitor role role changes.

Keep up to date with the news at companies

Sales Navigator review by Sanjay S.
Sanjay S.

"Good tool to build professional network very fast"

What do you like best?

Linkedin sales navigator lead builder is an awesome feature as I can search most targeted people based on job title, location etc. Help me to build my professional network fast and easily. Its InMails feature helps me to contact anyone who might be interested in our services.

What do you dislike?

I found this tool Little expensive. But it worth the price if utilized fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to grow your network fast on LinkedIn then you should start using LinkedIn sales navigator.

It provides Automated lead suggestions, which are most likely to purchase our services and products. I can also save my searches so that I can use that search again, that saves time. I also like Unlimited and unrestricted searching feature of LinkedIn sales navigator.

Sales Navigator review by Lakesha M.
Lakesha M.

"Best Sales tool ever"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with most systems and easy to find new prospects and follow them and their post. I have gotten so many new opportunities just using LinkedIn Sales Navigator

What do you dislike?

I really dont have to many dislikes except the fact the only way to get through job is to give them my information to log in or use company email

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend LInkedIn Sales Navigator to anyone and company it gives you more opportunities and able to find new prospects. Even when other tools give you inaccurate information lInkedin is updated by the individual themselves the best information.

I am adding new logos to the company using LInkedIn Sales Navigator I am able to find similar contacts within an organization

Sales Navigator review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"Have used this tool to find principals in companies"

What do you like best?

IT is excellent for searching with Advanced search features. That may be the best thing to me. We have boarded 6 customers in 18 months strictly using LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Plus I have found out very pertinent info and people using it.

What do you dislike?

InMail is not nearly as effective as it is made to be even when following "secrets" to Inmail. Not a fan of that. The finished communication still looks less than professional. Which is counter-intuitive to the platform. With the changes to LinkedIn by its recently having been acquired by Microsoft, it is not close to what it was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the InMail look for a start. The look of InMail is very dull. And fix the Sale sNavigator inbox and inMail features. The mail and articles coming out of Sales Navigator are very dull and boring

Finding principal contacts in targeted businesses. I have done so but it has taken quite a bit of work. Building a database of target companies. But again exact matches work. If I knew all of he exact matches, I would not need advanced search

Sales Navigator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and search new potential clients. Can keep track of people you follow and learn what they're up to. Like that you can access more profiles and send more messages. I like that in Salesforce you can link it to the LI Navigator so you can see leads within Salesforce, however, sometimes the info may be linked to the wrong company. It is nice that you can also link Navigator to Salesforce and pull in the messages there. In the past, our company had to basically type or copy/paste the same message when trying to track in the CRM, but it is nice that you can pull this in directly - One caveat being that the contact should be in Salesforce for it to tie accurately.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is not in Linked (IE: if the company doesn't have a profile) so the results will not be as helpful in those cases. Mentioned a couple of quirks above, but overall this is a handy tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using to prospect, please consider.

In my role, I typically use Navigator for prospecting companies and finding the right people to talk to. Additionally, we use it to help learn more about current clients and build a relationship. The notifications you get (IE: seeing about people leaving companies or posting updates) helps to identify change events within companies and is a great talking point the next time you speak with clients.

Sales Navigator review by User in Higher Education

"LinkedIn Sales Nav Power User"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all profiles, ability to see who has viewed you, recommended companies, the admin dashboard which attempts to give you analytics on how effective your Linkedin-ing is. When I was using it, it wasn't very intuitive yet, but they seemed to be moving in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

I understand why they did this, but I did not like that you were limited in the amount of "InMail Credits" you could use. In addition, I ran into some issues with replying to responses in which they deducted a credit. I also don't think that credits should expire, but at least they give you 90 days (rather than 30 days). Also, after just viewing too many profiles , Linkedin locks you out of your account for hours. As a prospector, I lived in Linkedin and this was really disruptive to my prospecting, especially in a pure hunting role. We called our AM several times but she was unclear about how many views you could have within a specified amount of time. I think if you pay for LISales you should be able to view as many profiles as you want in a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today's world, Linkedin Sales Navigator is as essential to prospecting (tactical execution) as SFDC is to sales leadership. If you're considering Sales Nav I'd highly consider the training, building a good relationship with your AM and encouraging team to engage it not just to prospect and outreach but to share and reshare content. Engage in it like you would any other social media platform, don't just use it to spam, you will get more results. And the training and your AM's will teach you other little tips and tricks to mastering LI and getting the most for your money

Business Problems Solving- Prospecting, Outbounding, acquiring market share, "market" research

Benefits Realized- Discovering Low hanging fruit/ new opportunities quickly, finding ways to grow current accounts, evangelism and marketing

Sales Navigator review by Anna N.
Anna N.

"I love the integration with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

There are a few things about LinkedIn Sales Navigator that I love. The first and most important one to me is the integration with Salesforce. Any time I access a lead record, contact record, or account record, the individual or company LinkedIn page is embedded into the Salesforce record itself. It minimizes the time I spend researching a contact and company before I have a conversation, and am easily able to network to the right person from the phone.

The second thing that it awesome about Navigator is that I can use it to monitor key contacts and accounts of mine and get updates when they are active with updates, shares, job changes, trigger events worth engaging over.

The last thing that I like about Navigator is the Lead Builder. I don't spend as much time using that due to the nature of my role managing Channel Sales, however everyone on my team and many of my clients use the advanced searches to build lead lists for to identify prospects.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't include emails in lead builder. I'd like to receive an email-based digest of leads/contacts/accounts that I am tracking for trigger events rather than having to log into LinkedIn

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensive however our sales team has lobbied for it heavily and found our overall salesforce experience was better when we also have the Navigator integration

I'm always busy so solving for time management by consolidating tools that I need to log into is very helpful. Additionally, I use notification tools like Navigator to help me prioritize who to reach out to and when, based on the events taking place in their world to help add context to my sales outreach and process.

Sales Navigator review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Best Sales Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to create my own searches, have them saved, and insights emailed to me when any of my leads/prospects put an update online, share something, or change roles. This all helps having a warmer conversation. I also like being able to do most of this on the mobile app as well.

What do you dislike?

The only change I would make is have sales navigator sit within LinkedIn...rather than having to open another tab in the browser, it would be more convenient to have it all combined. Other than that, Sales Navigator is epic!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your team to self-source some of their leads, give them actionable insights on different people/targets in an organisation, AND to increase social selling, this the best tool on the market.

Because we are selling to C-level executives, it can be really tough to get them on the phone or via email and Sales Navigator gets us in front of the right people, with actionable insights (insights) with the ability to send an Inmail. Some of the largest outbound deals I've ever closed have come from sourcing on Sales Navigator and messaging directly within the tool.

Sales Navigator review by User in Internet

"Just enough of a difference for justification of a new solution "

What do you like best?

I like that I can search more specifically when looking for certain sales prospects while making sure to take multiple factors into consideration. I also do love the fact that I can search in boolean theory. That is a really nice way to search for multiple things very quickly and to make sure I am capturing the entirety of my search.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that LinkedIn built out a new solution being that the standard LinkedIn was sufficient. I do realize that sales reps were essentially using LinkedIn as their source of finding prospects info so they needed to capitalize on that so I guess it makes sense but they closed off a few things to make it so the sales reps need this. There are a ton of dumb things like marking key accounts,(aside from getting updates when they post things) because I have SalesForce for that. It is also dumb that they have the accounts and leads since that is justified in my CRM and LinkedIn is not a CRM so it was a useless build for them and is only a feature they point to for justification of the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good solution but may not be necessary depending on your needs.

I am more efficient with my prospecting and am able to use the solution to make sure that I am up to date on my prospective clients business. This way I am going into my calls with the utmost knowledge of the client, where they are headed and what may be of interest in what I am selling them.

Sales Navigator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Satisfactory review of Sales Navigator"

What do you like best?

The unlimited searches for leads by title, company, and other components

Receiving updates on accounts and leads - can easily find ways to re-engage with them by referencing shared content

Finding job descriptions of leads - for my product in particular, it really helps to know what their day to day is so that I can tailor my messaging to that

What do you dislike?

I don't see the need for a separate site for SN and regular Linkedin; could be better integrated

I wish that I had contact information, this is probably the most valuable, especially direct phone numbers

Takes a long time to save all leads and accounts I am actively working

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up your accounts and leads so that you get up to date information on content shares and role changes

Identifying new leads + having access to their role descriptions, seeing their work history + background. Saving time on searching company websites. Receiving up-to-date changes on leads and their roles

Sales Navigator review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Inside Sales Manager "

What do you like best?

Making lead list and tagging leads is very useful. I love most the advance search feature also which I use every day.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be still a separation between LinkedIn Sales Navigator and LinkedIn. I also do no like the drift toward instant messaging on LinkedIn. Twitter is now a rival to LinkedIn terms of message dissemination.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost is going up and this is a major concern. I believe also many of the most senior executives are starting to question having a linkedin profile. I believe they need to launch a complete new and separate product, perhaps around event, rather than interating on their existing platform.

In DACH regions also I think there is really good competition from other networks. Twitter is also a must have.

Help me understand where people are in their organisation, and their level of seniority. It is also helpful to understand where people have been and what messages are likely to resonate.

Sales Navigator review by Octavian B.
Octavian B.

"Taking advantage of the largest professional network"

What do you like best?

The ability to find prospects and companies with this level of detail is unparalleled, you cannot find the data Linkedin has aggregated anywhere else online. You have the biggest chance to find a specific prospect and also get in contact with them. Suggested accounts and related leads are features that I use a lot.

What do you dislike?

Having a separate interface from Linkedin is a disruptive experience, especially since it comes with a different inbox. Messaging is quite limited, which makes it not appropiate as an outbound tool. More contact data is needed to have more chances of getting in touch. Company data is too scarce for prospecting and not accurate enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably the best tool for finding the appropiate contacts and getting in touch with them. It's not suitable for mass prospecting, but more for finding and addressing specific prospects. You'll still need to find some additional sources for contact data as Linkedin doesn't always provide enough info.

Finding the right person to talk to in a company and having a chance to get in contact with them is invaluable. You can also follow their activity on Linkedin easily with the notifications feature, which can help you build a relationship with them.

Sales Navigator review by Tranae Y.
Tranae Y.

"One of a kind sales tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily source company information in place while also gaining information regarding my prospects career journey. This allows me to find a connection within their profile and makes social selling easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some filters that are available. I have found some to be unreliable. It would also be great to message tracking in place, or something to tell if your message was read!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you are implementing Sales Navigator to a team that is willing to find the information. The software doesn't magically make selling that much easier but it eases the most tedious process of selling...Prospecting.

I help businesses with their online reputation and revenue generation. We utilize reviews and leads paths as a way to help the company grow and maintain their reputation using current customers. I have realized just how important your reputation is online, several bad reviews can easily affect your bottom line. The benefit of our service will help reach customers proactively while memorializing their experience easily on the first age of Google. Who doesn't want to be on the first page of Google!

Learn more about LinkedIn Sales Navigator

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Videos

Learning about LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

* We monitor all LinkedIn Sales Navigator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.