LinkedIn Talent

LinkedIn Talent Basic, Finder, and Pro Plans. Obtain additional access to talent and tools to manage recruiting on LinkedIn's network.

Work for LinkedIn Talent?

Learning about LinkedIn Talent?

LinkedIn Talent Reviews

Showing 531 LinkedIn Talent reviews
LinkedIn Talent review by Samuel Josue T.
Samuel Josue T.

"The best job exchange."

What do you like best?

I like that it can be viewed from a smart phone or PC, can be used in mobile devices and consumes little RAM. It does not weigh much, your updates are very useful. Currently I have the software installed on my smart phone to be always connected. You can meet many people who work in the same area, you can offer your professional services to companies that are registered on LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

I do not like much that most of the time they end up recruiting an applicant who figure among the first to be premium. They need more options in the labor field. They should also include the student option to fill out a profile as a student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should strive to find the best staff, with Linkedin Talent you can recruit the best candidates, it is very effective with the tools you can use to make decisions regarding the candidates to recruit. Most of the people who work in my company have their profiles on Linkedin, because we trust in the serious and solid that they are in Linkedin. Among all the job exchanges I recommend Linkeid.

From the point of view of the company, it helps to recruit the best qualified staff, it allows to validate its profile, there is a great index of response on the part of the aspirants. It is the most solid work bag we have seen in our company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LinkedIn Talent
LinkedIn Talent review by Catherine Nicole S.
Catherine Nicole S.

"LinkedIn's cool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can find lots of diffedent job styles while still matchung them to my personality. The ease of being able to apply to multiple jobs quickly is wonderful, and greatly helpful with how many times similar questions are asked.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is hard to initially set up all of the points of contact and setting/finding my trade profession(s) because of how spuratic my life and work style is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get used to the buttons, controls, and uploaded information. Update often -I forget to do this.

It seems/can be daunting but once it is set up it makes life and applying for copious amounts of jobs way easier until you snag the right one.

I've found that with Linkedin, the problems of compiling all of my information into once place has gotten easier since using it more frequently, especially around the internet and how it is set up for job applications.

What Recruitment Marketing solution do you use?

LinkedIn Talent review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"LinkedIn Recruiter Lite is very robust for the cost!"

What do you like best?

It's very affordable, so LinkedIn Recruiter Lite can be helpful for smaller companies who don't need to do a TON of hiring. You can do Boolean searches and get quite granular with whom your'e looking for.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how the LinkedIn Team tried to upsell me when they set up a training for LInkedIn Recruiter Lite. I mentioned up front that I didn't need to upgrade, but they kept showing me features of the upgraded version.

When moving to another team within my company, I lost all of my InMails from my account. They couldn't recover them. Also, when you want to cancel Recruiter Lite, you need to email them to get refunded for your unused InMails. Pretty manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To save money, try to reach out to people who've set their account to receive InMails for free. Look for the LinkedIn gold badge while searching for people. This can save you $10 per free InMail you send.

Hiring great talent is a major part of any business's success. LinkedIn Talent helps us do that by finding people who come from companies we like, and from schools we trust.

LinkedIn Talent review by Nivida S.
Nivida S.

"Linkedin the solution to your need for trained and reliable employees"

What do you like best?

Unlike other social networks, Linkedin is especially oriented towards professional profiles. Its main objective is to connect different professionals in any sector, to generate business and expand professional contacts. And if that were not enough, Linkedin already has more than 150 million users and the possibilities it offers are becoming more extensive every day

What do you dislike?

519/5000

Linkedin like any other social network, presents the same risk, which is the lack of privacy. These sites can gather considerable amounts of personal information, the main ones being the email addresses. however, to get the most out of it, the user must disclose information about their current and past employers, as well as their contact information. The user assumes a significant risk of identity theft in the case that a crime is committed with the security of LinkedIn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Linkedin allows you to publish your own ads for job applications at competitive prices. Through its huge network of filters you can enter the profiles of potential employees for your company. In addition, thanks to the internal reference system you will get reliable information about the candidates.

LinkedIn can generate more business, more job opportunities and more money than any other digital media, as it helps maintain direct contact with the leaders and referents of a particular industry or sector. In addition, it also encourages contact between professionals as it uses your online resume as a tool for your professional promotion.

LinkedIn Talent review by Zachary T.
Zachary T.

"LinkedIn is an Essential Tool for Successful Recruiting"

What do you like best?

Searching for candidates via LinkedIn Talent is intuitive and reinforces positive recruiting habits. A clear picture of candidates is presented with all relevant information, without creating an overload of information.

The Advanced Search parameters are unrivaled compared to many other applicant tracking systems.

Sending InMails drastically improves candidate response rates for hard-to-source locations and requisitions.

What do you dislike?

The application of messaging is slightly bugged and sending attachments can be unsuccessful. The messaging tool itself could use more functions for following up with responsive candidates and tracking conversations.

There is a slight lag between LinkedIn notifications and email notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in to the recruiting benefits, search functionality, and job searching aids LinkedIn Talent provides. There is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, and this service helps already proficient recruiters gain an edge. The usability and ease of access become apparent in minimal time, and as with any software, the more comfortable you are using it the more benefit you will see.

Sourcing for difficult requisitions is solved with LinkedIn Talent in more ways than one (isolated search areas, innumerable search constraints and filters, candidate preferences, and profile openness, to name a few).

Top talent is discovered via LinkedIn Talent, as a significant portion of job seekers rely on LinkedIn, and more importantly, solely on LinkedIn.

Candidates who are open to new opportunities are given a medium to introduce themselves to recruiters and new business opportunities, which takes care of a necessary "first step" in the hiring process.

LinkedIn Talent review by yinghao p.
yinghao p.

"Great tool for online networking and browse the future company"

What do you like best?

the best thing is you can browse and research the potential company that you will be interested. this is pretty useful that you can research the skill set needed to be qualified for this job since it allow you to connect to other relevant personnel in the future company.

What do you dislike?

that other party will be notified that you are viewing their profile, so it will be kinda embarrassing. i personally will be in a odd situation during an interview facing the interviewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i think you should allow user to turn on the feature and not let other people to know they were browsing your page.

one of the business problem is that you will be knowing the qualification of the hiring candidated.

Benefits is that you will be knowing the skill set that the candidate has, so that you will be able to make a better decision in terms of hiring the potential candidate

LinkedIn Talent review by Lenell M.
Lenell M.

"My Personal Review of LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

The best features of LinkedIn that appeal to me most is the app, it's fast and user friendly. I don't get spammed with notifications because it's easy to turn them on and off whenever I need, its important to me that I have and easy time customizing my applications at any time. I also have the LinkedIn app slideshare and I think the ability to save the wealth of information from this app offline is super useful in case of any WiFi interruptions, I have learned so much to contribute to my business model from slide share that is hard to find if you don't know to look for it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the profile page a bit, I think some of the information needed to complete your profile is superfluous. I understand you should have your best credentials available to make great business connections, but some of the criteria for completion seems more personal than for business ventures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend LinkedIn for anyone who owns a business, is looking to own a business or to just make helpful connections in their field. I also recommend LinkedIn to students, it's best to research and build relationships with potential employers.

I am solving the issue of connecting with other people of my demographic who are also in the same business, I have connected with many people my age and younger and have had a few beneficial business relationships over the time that I first signed up for LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Talent review by Blake E.
Blake E.

"A great tool for talent acquisition - but has its limitations"

What do you like best?

Ability to drill down on exactly who you're looking for and reach out to them directly, or see if there's a mutual connection to help facilitate the conversation. It's the largest network you're going to find when it comes to a broad range of contacts/talent.

What do you dislike?

It can be pricey.

Everyone uses it. This creates InMail fatigue in certain sectors and markets, making it difficult to get replies from certain types of people in the network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool - spend the time learning how to use it effectively to maximize your ROI.

Utilize LinkedIn Talent for many different challenges - finding talent with specific skillsets, industry experience, and former employers is great. Using it to analyze how quickly competitors are growing is a great insight as well.

LinkedIn Talent review by Brenn M.
Brenn M.

"How I became a fan of LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of LinkedIn is the network you can create based on your credentials or the credentials of others. These could be people that would work in your field which would be a huge asset if you are in charge of hiring, or you can network with people from any line of work.

What do you dislike?

The only negative that I notice with LinkedIn would be the layout, it could be easier to navigate and the interface could use an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't take long to set up your profile, the connections that you can make can be invaluable!

Currently the biggest benefit has been networking, it's so streamlined with this site that I can choose any category and find people that I know or new people that I would like to meet. If you have a job in sales or one that relies upon contacts in other fields, LinkedIn is a huge asset.

LinkedIn Talent review by Joanna W.
Joanna W.

"SO Helpful"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to see people's full profiles on LinkedIn. The search for skill set feature is also helpful as a recruiter. I have not fully utilized the notes feature for LinkedIn, but we as a team hope to soon. Posting jobs is really easy and simple to use, so that's a huge plus. Having a candidate pipeline will hopefully pay off in the future! We are still somewhat new to the system, but I don't see us leaving anytime soon. We have only touched the surface of the system!

What do you dislike?

It's a lot, and it's difficult coming from the non-profit side and knowing our compensation is lower than the for-profit world. That makes it difficult when trying to contact candidates. Another difficultly is that we are a religion organization, so we are looking for people with similar beliefs. LinkedIn doesn't show that, rightfully so, but that makes it a little challenging when we are looking at candidates from the "'corp" world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the training videos!

Talent Sourcing. We have always been on the reactive side of recruiting, but we are trying to move into the proactive recruiting and LinkedIn Talent has helped with that. It's not an easy transition, but it's a good first steps!

LinkedIn Talent review by Ke V.
Ke V.

"LinkedIn Talent - The New Evolution"

What do you like best?

I like the User Interface and how easy to perform searches. It combines a lot of features in to a single platform. This makes it one of the best tools in recruiting and sourcing [RPO]. On top of all I like its displayed results when a search query is performed. It's saves a lot time in going through all of candidate's profile. Keywords filtered making candidate selection easy and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, not all candidate's contact information are up to date but it is all good. Searches within a specific location sometimes extend to different location mostly when filtering with Cities and or States. Moreover, skills filter doesn't have all skill requisitions in it and make its difficult in getting some candidates. If you input such words in keyword filter it doesn't work as it should have been inputted in skill filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Talent is versatile tool that makes recruitment very easy and I will recommend it to other Hiring Managers and Recruiters because it saves time hence increasing productivity.

Recruiting Top Tech Talents. LinkedIn Talent host a lot ideal candidates making our recruiting process a dream come true. Getting 1% - 10% top candidates is every recruiting company's priority and this talent tool has made easy to get multiple pipeline with this percentage range of top candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Great Tool for Candidate Sourcing! "

What do you like best?

I like that I can filter by geographic location, type of employment they might be open to - great for finding consultants, the Boolean search string is really helpful too. I also like that I can see if I have already viewed a candidate before and if I have already sent them a message.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the skills section and searching by that alone - I find that people add things that aren't relevant to their current work history, like if they learned it in college, they mark that as a skill and aren't endorsed with it, but it still comes up if you add that skill in. I have been using the keyword search over that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use when you are looking for candidates with certain skills or experience. Easy to use and you can see if candidates are open to new job opportunities - makes it easier to figure out who to target if you have a hot job.

I'm connecting with candidates that are looking for new opportunities and getting responses. More and more people are using LinkedIn and utilizing this newer feature.

LinkedIn Talent review by Katrina H.
Katrina H.

"LinkedIn Talent Review "

What do you like best?

We have a lot of resumes coming in that are fairly job specific.

What do you dislike?

You can't limit the resumes being sent in to say within the province so some resumes are from far away job seekers which doesn't work for us.

Also, you can't set parameters for people who are applying. I find this to be particularly odd since we pay per resume that is sent to us even if it's Joe Blow who has nothing to do with the field we are advertising for.

This site would be of much better use if we could create specific questions for people applying and based on the answers to those questions, proceed to view their resume for the fee or have the option to delete it and not be charged for a resume that is no where near the job description being posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your job description says exactly what you are looking for. For us we needed to specify as structural engineers we were looking for wood industry engineers who had experience in sawmills, not gasline engineers or people who spent their degree in classrooms giving lectures...

Fine tuning what we want with regards to skill set needed for the job.

Fine tuning of resumes coming in as to who is definitely not a candidate.

I like that the location of individuals is clearly displayed so that we are able to determine if they are too far to consider or if they may be willing to possibly relocate to our location.

LinkedIn Talent review by K S.
K S.

"LinkedIn Talent for Fast Hiring"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent does as advertised: it is a fast, convenient, easy-to-use, "recruiting solution". The program helps my office to identify new talent that appear as if they would fit seamlessly into our office. The program also helps direct traffic to our office's webpage, which is also great for drumming up interest in our work.

What do you dislike?

The program appears to have an overly "social network"-type feel, which, at times, can seem unprofessional. In essence, the program does facilitate greater interaction between recruiters/potential employers and potential employees, yet it does give off more of a facebook vibe, than a professional recruiting platform.

LinkedIn Talent helps our office to find potential hires with easy. As described by an individual in our office, LinkedIn Talent has basically taken the "hard work" out of the recruiting process. By utilizing connections and key words, the program has truly helped to connect our office with valuable additions to our work team.

LinkedIn Talent review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"LinkedIn Talent has helped me to find the best candidates in the industry! "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to really search LinkedIn based off not only their location, but also their educational background as well as a variety of other skills/key words that are so beneficial in finding the best candidates. What also is so great is the similar LinkedIn profiles that appear based off of location and industry as well. Even by searching one specific candidate, the search can lead you to so many more which is incredible.

What do you dislike?

One of the attributes that I do dislike about the program is the way that Talent Inmail is set up. If a candidate does not click their Inmail, they may not see the message we are trying to send for potential new opportunities unless you are already connected with them.

We are trying to solve our attraction and retention of Talent through LinkedIn Talent. It has become so much easier to find candidates based off of specific talents, universities, and even using previous employment to find the best individuals in the industry.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Not great for sourcing, good for reaching out to candidates"

What do you like best?

I like finding candidates resume on a different job board and being able to send them an instant message. Sometimes finding candidates thru LinkedIn does prove helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel that LinkedIn is good for sourcing or finding candidates. I understand why because many good candidates don't have their LinkedIn profile fully filled our and it's not like searching for keywords like you would with a resume database. There are also very frequent instances where LinkedIn recruiter won't load properly or show messages properly. I had to reach out to the support team one time because I was not able to access my messages and needed a phone number from there urgently and they were not helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be patient when it runs slowly and use it in addition to another resume search database, that's how you'll likely get the best results.

Great for connecting with talent that I do not already have a relationship/phone number/email for.

LinkedIn Talent review by Shubham S.
Shubham S.

"great talent hire from linkedin talent"

What do you like best?

its simplicity to use and since it uses machine learning to provide recommendation, its very powerful tool in todays age. It minimizes the time one takes to hire new talent. It a pipeline builder as it helps in creating a targeted pipeline of engaged talent.

What do you dislike?

can be very overwhelming to use as lot of recommendations come and some can be irrelevant. it is a bit costly and intimidating to use it in first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should definitely look in using the linkedin talent platform. It minimizes the time one takes to hire new talent. It a pipeline builder as it helps in creating a targeted pipeline of engaged talent.

it makes hiring little easier and cost effective. Since it uses machine learning and artificial intelligence it recommends customer which are highly relevant to our needs. It helps in finding the right candidates using the power of the LinkedIn network. Its for talented professionals always in search of new talent. It gives every candidate an authentic view into our culture with employee-created content, company videos and photos, and tailored messaging that we curate and easily manage. LinkedIn is a game changer for us because it enables our recruiters to reach out to passive candidates directly through a trusted platform. By speaking to them directly, getting them engaged and excited about opportunities at option care

while providing a great candidate experience that we strive for, is a massive advantage

LinkedIn Talent review by Emily C.
Emily C.

"Okay- works well for some jobs and not for others"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see who you've contacted and when and when other team memebers have reached out or even viewed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to search.

Not as popoular within Healthcare (not many Nurses or NPs).

I don't like that you can't leave people off your searches if you've already contacted them or added them to a project,

DOn't like that you can't bulk email if it falls below a certain percentage, you try getting Medical Directors to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very expensive but bulk email hasn't worked very well. Sometimes the only way to make contatct. But I wish you knew if candidates were active. Like when was the last time they logged on.

Recruiting

LinkedIn Talent review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Linkedin Talent Solutions"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to keep projects of candidates for jobs and also view the history of engagements with candidates/views by team members, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new UI, it is very slow and I don't like that they changed the fact that you can no longer search through people's connections directly from their profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must have for recruiting needs these days. However, be wary of the up sells and additional cost inducing features like job postings. We have seen less ROI from job listings. Also, for pure engineering recruiting I would have a supplemental source for finding talent in addition to Linkedin. However, it is the best comprehensive platform for finding US talent in Sales/G&A/Marketing etc. Engineering is fine too.

The ability to find and recruit top talent to our company. We've had another benefit of furthering our brand through promoting our recruitment brand. We've hired a few passive candidates by finding them and reaching out to them via Linkedin Talent.

LinkedIn Talent review by Natavia H.
Natavia H.

"Not the best (or cheapest) way to source talent via LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn talen definitely does not disappoint with the sheer number of applicants their platform provides. It is also rather simple to set up a job posting, track applicants, etc.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is not completely transparent and their support was completely unresponsive when my organization attemtped to contact someone regarding the charges associated with one of our job postings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are 100% clear on the terms and pricing structure of your job posting or you may end up spending much more than you anticipated.

LinkedIn Talent does provide a level of visibility that other job posting sites cannot offer. As previously stated, this visibility typically translates into an abundance of apllicants, providing us the opportunity to source from a larger, more diverse candidiate pool.

LinkedIn Talent review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"A necessity in the industry"

What do you like best?

A LinkedIn Recruiter license makes it easy to quickly search for talented candidates. LinkedIn and Microsoft have a bit of a monopoly on HR Technology as the "professional" social network.

What do you dislike?

They often roll out new UI features before testing them, or, worse, take away old features with little warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Google Hire entering the HR Tech market, I'm not sure LinkedIn is heading in the right direction - they're trying to make it much harder for recruiters who use the product to reach out to candidates anywhere else, but many talented folks already avoid it because they're being inundated with spam - I think we're moving towards a war between two tech giants.

We use LinkedIn to find and get in touch with candidates who are otherwise hard to reach out to.

LinkedIn Talent review by Agency in Management Consulting
Agency in Management Consulting

"Use Only Out of Necessity"

What do you like best?

I use it because I can't NOT post jobs on LinkedIn (particularly the more professional jobs). But I absolutely wouldn't use it if I didn't have to. The only thing I like about it is being able to purchase jobs slots with quantity discounts. It's much more cost-effective than purchasing jobs one-off online through LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

1) The customer service is HORRENDOUS. 2) It takes a shocking amount of time (days) to purchase sponsored boosts. And I don't understand why I can't do that online 3) It's ridiculous that there is not SSO and I have to log in to THREE different systems (Recruiter, Recruiter Lite, and my regular account, depending on what I'm doing. That's an awful user experience. 4) The data / stats are wrong, customer service acknowledges that my data is wrong, and they also say that they won't be fixing it (????) -- it's been months and I've complained multiple times. Software is archaic, and features are minimal. I very much look forward to the day when LinkedIn is no longer a necessity and gets squashed by the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a necessity if you don't want to miss out on candidates, but keep an eye out for better things. Their model is not sustainable.

I'm solving the ridiculous and unacceptable pricing strategy that LinkedIn uses for people who purchase online. If you're not on Recruiter / Talent, and you want quantity discounts and purchase a 10-pack, you have to purchase a different ten-pack for every city you have a job posting for. For example, If you have two positions -- one in NYC and one in NJ, and you have purchased a ten-pack of postings, you can't use the postings in the ten pack for both of those geographical locations. Also, if one is an hourly position and one is a salary / skilled / professional position, you can't use the same ten-pack -- you have to have separate ten packs for each type. It's insane. Job slots on talent can be used for anything. There is no other business problem I'm solving. I just can't not post to LinkedIn since I'd be missing candidates. I try not to do much proactive outreach to passive candidates, but if I do, I do use Talent for that as well.

LinkedIn Talent review by Derek Bohlen ~ O.
Derek Bohlen ~ O.

"Allows serviceable needs "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to not get limited connections through LI. They are very intuitive and allows me to start a simple conversation with a business owner that I can connect with. It also allows for me to see who is coming and going on my personal and business page which allows me a great opportunity to use as a source for Business Dev leads to put into my system.

What do you dislike?

The often times, still limited, information available. Would like to see more emails to take the conversation out of LI.The user face pulls me from the Linked In page to the Sales manager and back and I have a hard time understanding which conversation is in what place with in the Linked In interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want going in as there are a lot of little things they can offer, but you need to be aware of them. I also wish that all of the different options weren't different UI"s. This can get quite confusing if you are in the main page and it automatically takes you to the Talent or Sales portion of it. It would make it less likely to move away from what you don't know.

We are trying to get to the hard to reach C-level people and this allows for that to happen. We still have to do research to make it happen. and if we were allowed to have more space inside of the app to see info that would be great.

LinkedIn Talent review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great for Networking "

What do you like best?

I use LinkedIn Talent to more effectively stay connected with talent. As a recruiter I am always looking to engage with other professionals who are at various stages of their job search. LinkedIn Talent makes it easy to see if someone is actively looking and the types of roles/locations they are targeting. Another feature I enjoy is inmail. I like the fact I can filter opened, unopened, declined, and accepted messages. Having projects and clipboards also makes searching and keeping candidates organized a breeze!

What do you dislike?

The fact you cannot respond to a declined message and that it may decrease visibility of that person in the future. I would also like to be able to delete projects.

Reaching out to candidates that do not post their resume on job boards. It improves the candidate pool greatly.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

LinkedIN Recruiter is an easy to navigate, easy to use tool to help find talent. Their search functions are fantastic and it seems as if a large majority of professionals keep their profiles up to date, making it easy to find who you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

It's used by quite a few Recruiters, making it hard to stand out from the crowd at times. Messages have to be quite unique to get through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Recruiter is a must have item for a Recruiter. There are so many great profiles and is a huge tool when working on a unique position. I use it daily and it is probably the top tool for me when it comes to placements.

I'm utilizing it to source and recruit candidates on a daily basis.

LinkedIn Talent review by Hazel O.
Hazel O.

"LinkedIn Review"

What do you like best?

You can find Top-Rated Companies. Read Reviews and Ratings and browse companies. Showcase your company on companies-reviews.com or Post Review.Unlimited access to content. You can find jobs that would definitely be a fit for you.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much that I don't want in linked. In our company, we are using recruiter's account wherein we have access to almost all of its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend LinkedIn to other search firm coz they can find strong and fit candidates.

I have realized that it is not really hard to get the best fit candidate for every search because LinkedIn can provide all the candidates that you might be looking for.

LinkedIn Talent review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Great for finding passive candidates"

What do you like best?

This is a strong too to build relationships with the candidates. I really like with the new Beta test where job seekers on LinkedIn can select that they are Open To New Opportunities. I love how it helps users find individuals who are currently searching. There are so many ways to enter your Boolean searches that would have taken more time using old school Boolean. love it!

What do you dislike?

Costs a lot for the lack of features. For the amount that is paid there should be more ability to post more jobs, send more in-mail and search. It is overly priced. The search areas are too large, would love to see more locations and smaller search radius' added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have tool for any recruiter, invest in it.

This grows your network and expands the pool of candidates, it is an essential tool for the recruiting industry.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator

"LinkedIn has been an ever changing trash fire. "

What do you like best?

Not much. They charge for everything and don't have any kind of educational support for their obscene and annoying platform changes.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. Even search has become a headache, which was the only thing any recruiter is going to find value in. I'm not sure why they're trying to be Facebook - I don't need or want to be or read your "Influencers" and thought leaders. I need to find and connect with potential candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. Our free usage and permissions have actually faired better with all of their changes. Additionally, if you need to find passive candidates, the reverse search on Indeed has proven insanely useful.

We had hoped it would help to better and more quickly identify top talent, but it's just been another investment of time and money that hasn't panned out.

LinkedIn Talent review by Pradip R.
Pradip R.

"LinkedIn talent to find out the eight talent for the right job"

What do you like best?

The best part of the recruitment solution is the filter criteria. After searching all the active and passive candidates, we can filter out the candidates as per the requirement. We made a whole 6 members team in 2 weeks from the LinkedIn recruitment page.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is high. The pricing should be more flexible as per the company requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The problem of the job sites are, we only see the active users on that site. LinkedIn talent solution provides passive users as well. It is easy to find and talk to users who are probably not looking for an opportunity. However, are interested to grab a better opportunity. Currently, we see the problem in the market is not the not the employment, the problem is employability. LinkedIn talent solution made it easy to find out the appropriate resources for the appropriate job.

For an SAP MII project, we needed one team lead, an architect, and 4 developers. Via LinkedIn Talent solution in two weeks we found an appropriate profile of independent consultants to be fit for the project. We found 12 years experienced architect and team lead, rest of the team members were between 5 to 2 years of experience.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Still an essential recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

Access to the widest possible amount of candidates from LinkedIn's database. Plenty of searching filters. Good interface for looking through candidates. Ability to save candidates to projects and mass-InMail.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could see more than 1000 search results, and InMail more than 25 at a time. Needs better integration with ATSs and other tools. Ability to export to a spreadsheet once existed but was taken away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it's the elephant in the room when it comes to recruiting tools, and everyone is searching for the next big thing, I still consider LinkedIn Recruiter to be a necessary tool in any sourcer or recruiter's toolbelt. Pair it with your favorite tools to find email addresses and phone numbers.

Tool for sourcing candidates to make placements

"Disappointing outcome!"

What do you like best?

I used the linkIn's Talent feature many times and I am sorry to tell you it's disappointing. What really belive the issue is that the software does not understand the domain experience. Meaning - I am a Media Business Analyst and looking to stay in the same domain but the software is keep pitching me jobs from completly different domains.

What do you dislike?

The software does not recognize the difference between a Media and Finance business analyst. They are vastly different and one cannot simply work in other without having an indepth knowledge in that field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it does not work, do not waste your money

It's not solving anything for me. I am very disappointed so far and been paying good money for this feature.

LinkedIn Talent review by Sierra S.
Sierra S.

"LinkedIn Talent Makes Finding Top Talent Easy! "

What do you like best?

Recruiting is my main job duty and LinkedIn Talent has been a game changer! LinkedIn Talent has so many different avenues for finding top talent. They assist you in every way and have a team member assigned to you to help you navigate and capitalize on your membership. I have been especially impressed with the new Beta test where job seekers on LinkedIn can select that they are Open To New Opportunities. This allows recruiters to search only for those that are currently seeking which essentials turns the greatest passive recruiting site into the greatest active recruiting site. Amazing.

What do you dislike?

There haven't been too many issues thus far except a few unclear symbols regarding templates and a couple shortcuts that aren't in place such as the ability to connect with someone automatically who has responded to your inmail and to also easily direct them to connect to your company page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is where you want to put your money.

Recruiting is always at the top of every company's problems and ours is no different. Burn out and turnover are high in our field of Mental Health and this creates an almost constant need for finding top talent. The benefits ive realized through LinkedIn Talents have been the value of branding, how to utilize passive recruiting pools and how to utilize referrals.

LinkedIn Talent review by Jeanne K.
Jeanne K.

"Can't do without it if you want to recruit"

What do you like best?

Ability to access tons of candidate profiles as well as post jobs

What do you dislike?

To get the most value out of the service, you have to pay steeper and steeper prices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that to get the most value out of this service you will need to pay up for a Premium account - likely Recruiter Lite or even Recruiter Pro, a tool available to organizations for multi-user pricing

I don't know how it would be possible to recruit without LinkedIn in this day and age. Great way to source, ID, and get in touch with candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"LinkedIn Talent - Recruiting Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the access I have to contact candidates and with the new feature that allows individuals to notify users that they are open to new opportunities I feel that my time is much better utilized reaching out to people who are much more likely to respond to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that LinkedIn Talent is so expensive to utilize. They know they have cornered the recruiting market and charge very high prices.

LinkedIn Talent helps solve the problem of being a lesser known and smaller company that receives fewer inbound applications. Through LinkedIn Talent I am open to reaching out to a huge network of individuals and to spread company and brand awareness to large numbers.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Fast and Easy Way to Connect With Top Talent"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how quickly I connect with a whole network of people with just one click and one connection. I like how I can search by organizations or institutions and find the talent I need and perhaps find connections I was not even aware of. Easy to follow some one's career path and get intel on certain companies. new layout makes it easier for messaging within the application

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are great but they get capped if you are not a full fledged member. need subscription services to reach out to certain people that might not necessarily want to be reached. when looking for top talent, we have to be able to view full profiles and details so that we can actively network

Recommendations to others considering the product

great app/ tool to use to get our hiring needs filled and also a great way to network with other great talent in your field

Easier to find top talent especially through the news feed that draws individuals to seek out more information about our own opportunities. easy to share articles and white papers with other members for quicker collaboration.

LinkedIn Talent review by Kristin K.
Kristin K.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent Solutions provide me with a great talent pool in which to source. Since LinkedIn is a widely used social media tool amongst business professionals, I've found it to be helpful across industries. The search functionality is easy to master, and candidate response rates tend to be good. Lately, I've been happy with the additional search functions added, for example, those looking for freelance/contract work, graduation date, notes search, etc.

What do you dislike?

In the Mailbox, it would be helpful to be able to filter responses or add message chains to folders in order to organize and keep track of responses. I've found that if I have an influx of messages to go through, it's easy to accidentally miss one by reading it and then moving on to the next message. If I was able to flag these or organize them in some way, it would better help me as to not to lose anyone.

I am a corporate recruiter, so LinkedIn is a major tool I use daily in order to attract and hire talent across my organization. I would say that the majority of my hires are sourced through LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Talent review by Candi S.
Candi S.

"Love the accessibility and Ease of Use!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of the software and how you can find all of the applicants information in one location without having to use multiple systems. You can also see all of the applicants details in on location and it is easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the posting process can take a while to post a new position. I also get complaints that when submitting some people tend to have delays to issues and have to try to resubmit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use all options to get the best use

With LinkedIn Talent were able to see all of the applications and applicants in an easy to view platform. It allows us to save time effort and money on our recruiting efforts

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Internet

"My Experience with LinkedIn Talent."

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to search for candidates quickly and share their profiles with colleagues. It was easy to look up talent and made it easy to recruit professionals for hire.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn has had a lot of updates since the beginning of the year. I definitely liked the older version of the LinkedIn talent search that was offered in January/February much better. You used to be able to search by industry size, email address, company name, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the user in mind. Make it easier for us to use and keep up the pace on automation.

We are solving the issue of finding people who have been trying to find employment for a long time. Although it is difficult to determine how frequent a professional updates their profile, the talent portion makes it easy to figure out who is looking for a career.

LinkedIn Talent review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Simple and We'll Designed Tool"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of using LinkedIn Talent is that it takes into account your existing inputs on LinkedIn to minimize the actual data input that is often so extensive and monotonous on most application platforms. Plus, it's more interesting to the reviewer, as it allows an interactive display on which to review potential incoming talent.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of follow-up received from those who do use LinkedIn Talent, even if it would be so much as to know that a listing is no longer available that I learned via notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep on a daily or weekly check of your applications on the site so that you're aware of how many have gone out, the lengths of time since applying, and the best times to follow up with potential future employers.

We're solving the problem of using multiple platforms to update the latest work experience of applicants and applying on an external platform, thereby adding unnecessary time to the applicant and hiring process, and it also thereby cuts the chance for mismatched data or lack of data integrity.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Helpful Networking Tool"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent has been a great resource for me personally when trying to find someone needed for the job. It's easy to search and a great tool for communication.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to search others' out without them being notified. Some sense of a private search. It would be a better resource if there were more outlets to find potential employees. Also, from the stand point of a job seeker; there is a difficulty to connect with a company if they do not share information on there page. It would be greatly appreciated if there was a minimum amount of information a company has to share on their page for it to be viewed by the public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search out the correct candidate by using filters

I have been able to utilize LinkedIn Talent by seeking out the right candidates for the position. Being able to do research on an individual, and the references to match.

LinkedIn Talent review by Internal Consultant in Pharmaceuticals
Internal Consultant in Pharmaceuticals

"A great solution, if pricey"

What do you like best?

The ability to view all LinkedIn members, with a powerful search/filter tool. The 'open to opportunities' feature is also excellent and effectively qualifies some leads in advance. It's also useful to know which candidates are likely to respond.

I also like how the messaging feature is kept separate from a personal LinkedIn account - it makes it much easier to administrate.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard. It's much better than it used to be, but the projects and clipboard functions could be more intuitive.

I'm not a fan of how it displays a candidate profile - it shows different to the public view and also has a different url so it is less easy to share quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about why you need this tool. If you struggle to identify talent in your market with existing tools, and require external recruiters, then you should absolutely give it a go - one or two hires and the software can pay for itself.

We work in a niche market, and finding qualified people is very difficult. This tool definitely helps us to reduce our requirement for third-party recruiters and opens up a world for us to apply our own strategies to.

It also helps us to advertise to locales that are difficult to access from the UK, such as China, Singapore, New Zealand and the USA.

LinkedIn Talent review by Aixin Z.
Aixin Z.

"LinkedIn Talent really helps us in searching for high-level candidates"

What do you like best?

Firstly, LinkedIn has an impressive database and most of them are the UK, the US and Canada where are exactly our target recruiting market. What's more, the filter works logically for the recruiters and we can also analyze more detailed dimensions related to our marketing. The connections loop helps the recruiter to expand their social hub and those are potentially candidates since most of them are in the same industry.

What do you dislike?

However, the LinkedIn is still growing in China and people there know LinkedIn but it's not their first or even second choice when choosing a platform or a website to find a new job. The market position still cannot be compared to local recruiting website even though LinkedIn has its own differentiation, it still needs more brand cognition. If the website or the recruiting tool is useful depends on the users(customers). If the customers(job seekers)updates their CV and check the message frequently enough, it will make the tool more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are recruiting overseas( especially in the US, Canada and Europe) expertise level, LinkedIn may help you finding suitable candidates and provide basic statistics relating to the recruiting marketing. But it still takes time and sometimes the reply won't be so quickly. Meanwhile, the price maybe relatively expensive.

LinkedIn Talent is our first step when opening new overseas recruiting marketing. We used its database and statistics to do the pre-analysis when we did the recruiting targeting. The social loop helped the recruiter to know and find more peers and candidates specialized in the same industry.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Not a CMS, but a powerful recruiting tool!"

What do you like best?

Ability to find candidates, as well as communicate with them. Passive candidates (especially!) need an "offline" way to interact with recruiters. I also like that I can share information with my colleagues about candidates and projects.

What do you dislike?

I really wish I could see how recently a person has been active on LI, especially how recently they have updated their profile. Indeed and CareerBuilder offer this. I struggle with the search box for "Who are you looking to hire?" First of all, please use something other than passive voice. Second of all, I am nearly always looking for a certain person, and I want to view them right away -- but the UX recently changed so that it is harder for me to click "View Profile." Clicking anywhere other than over to the far right means I'm going to look for someone *similar* and I can't undo that -- I have to type the person's name all over again! Terrible UX for this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn would obviously like this product to be used as an entire CMS, but isn't as robust as other CMS on the market. Carefully consider your options and think about what you really need from this product.

Getting at niche talent, who aren't actively looking for jobs.

Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Best way to find available talent "

What do you like best?

The feature I most appreciate is the category of what they are currently looking for. I find that it's the best way to communicate with Candidates looking for jobs right now instead of searching through passive profiles. Knowing they are looking for new full-time opportunities saves my time and energy and yields the quickest responses.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to sort for years of industry experience. I often find Candidates looking for internships when I am looking to fill full time roles.

It would be nice to see if Candidates have actually read my messages or ignored them completely.

Also, I have had difficulty with reminders. I usually set them from the message page but do not have the option to set a date the same way I do on the Candidate page. Additionally, once I have completed a reminder from the pull-down menu, the checkbox often does not remove it from my list of items to-do and it creates some confusion .

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are continuously improving and changing, refining the filters and adding features.

Finding the volume of qualified talent I need to fill available roles. LinkedIn has an enormous amount of talent and InMails are the most direct way to communicate with Talent. I use InMail everyday to connect with Candidates who are looking for jobs now or will be in the near future.

LinkedIn Talent review by Renee S.
Renee S.

"LinkedIn Talent Review"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent Review provides solid information about prospective employees. I like that it is focused on professionals seeking leadership positions and young professionals seeking positions that have pathways for advancement.

What do you dislike?

I had no issues utilizing LinkedIn Talent - no negative experiences. I don't currently use it due to some changes in our technology systems currently taking place, but plan to use it again as soon as that restructuring is complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Talent is a great place to start recruiting searches and to locate talented people. In all hiring I look further beyond any recruitment resource to confirm information about prospective employees; however, LinkedIn's information on each recruit is fairly thorough.

Finding unique prospective employees from across the world. I found LinkedIn Talent to be dependable and very helpful in locating talented protective employees. It was also very user friendly.

LinkedIn Talent review by Christy G.
Christy G.

"A tool every recruiter needs"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn has done so much to change and improve their site. It allows recruiters to really dive into a search and successfully hunt for their ideal candidate.

What do you dislike?

I would like a few slightly more specific search boxes, this is purely selfish desires. I also do not like the search feature in the Inmail inbox. It struggles to find candidates names even if spelled correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource that is wide spread enough and has enough features to draw a very large talent pool. There is great customization, and fits multiple needs.

Identifying candidates who are qualified for the positions that I recruit for.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"The Best Hiring Tool on the Planet"

What do you like best?

Access to more profiles than on any other website, software, service, as well as the ability to reach out to these people directly

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there were phone numbers attached to each profile, but that would just be too easy. I also get a lot of marketing mail which means the people I am trying to connect with are also getting alot of mail, which probably lowers the chance they respond to mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want access to the most qualified candidates, you need LinkedIN. If you want access to passive job seekers who are not on job boards, then you need LinkedIN.

We are using LinkedIN as a sales prospecting tool and as a candidate sourcing tool. LinkedIN gives us access to those who are not on the common job boards.

LinkedIn Talent review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"Great experienced candidate responses"

What do you like best?

I love that you can see applicant profiles and get to know them by reviewing their profile. It's great to put a face to a candidate. It's really easy to use and communicate with others on the dashboard as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish their were more filter functions. It would be nice to have platform with more reports available to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product to get qualified applicants and make your company standout.

We are solving problems by attracting candidates to our company. We are moving forward with have a larger presence so we can attract more candidates with qualifications we are looking for.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and great for finding new candidates. I really like the ability to post for candidates on a one-off basis because my company is small and does not need to hire very regularly. This is a very nice feature to use the pay as you go program.

What do you dislike?

The cost is higher than it should be. Pricing really needs to be more transparent. The website does not say what the cost of the feature is. There is a real problem with finding the information I need without having to deal with a sales pitch. I really wish there was a way that multiple companies could pool resources and share the access to the tools. For smaller companies, we may not mind the risk of having to compete for the same candidates as our equally sized peers. This is especially true when you consider that companies from different regions of the country could share the services, thereby reducing overall costs and overhead while everyone still can benefit from all that the LinkedIn Talent service provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering additional tools as well. Although LinkedIn Talent is a good tool, it has some shortfalls.

Finding new talent is the major challenge we are trying to solve by using LinkedIn Talent. The benefit is that we have access to many talented professionals that we would not otherwise have had we not signed up for the service.

LinkedIn Talent review by Shane R. S.
Shane R. S.

"Linkedin tries but Indeed is still tops"

What do you like best?

It is good to see the connections a candidate has. Someone who claims they have worked somewhere for 10 years, but has zero contacts at that company raises a redflag.

What do you dislike?

My experience has been that candidates are more likely to lie on a LinkedIn profile than they are on a resume they submit. One can't help but compare the service to Indeed and Indeed still has more jobseekers and a more successful platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not recruiting positions that require networking then stick to Indeed.

Hoping to tap into a higher caliber of job applicants. For networking intensive jobs like consulting it is helpful to see when a candidate has more than 2k connections.

LinkedIn Talent review by User

"The new tool Linkedln Talent"

What do you like best?

It allows the users of the professional network to show that they are open to new opportunities in a way that is only visible to recruiters, without sharing it with their current company.

It offers the ability to share profiles with recruiters when interested in offers. Thus, the recruiters are able to find those users who show interest when starting the selection process, but who end up abandoned for different reasons.

The way in which a company presents its employer Brand has a direct effect on how users engage with it for a job.

What do you dislike?

The most negative point of this type of platform may be that you are not transmitting what you need, your data is not clear, your interests or you are lying, you are making see something that does not exist so the company is based on what You read and not really what it is, you must speak the same language of the professionals you are looking for. We already know that social networks are not always what we see and expect, although in this type of networks, people who are in them is to find a job, but as in all areas ... there is everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because LinkedIn wants to eliminate the walls that exist between professionals in search of employment and recruiters and give companies the knowledge to attract the best talent and in an easier and more effective way. Recruiters will be able to quickly find users and discover the interests of candidates that are not usually evident until the phone call and discard those candidates that do not fit, dedicating themselves to the most appropriate ones.

The pressure to get and keep the best talent is one of the most important factors that hinder the work of the recruiter. So I've used it to recruit people and make work teams as close as possible. This way, the characteristics of each candidate is better known and time is saved, since the personal interview is not necessary and even the telephone call is not necessary, so it is quicker and easier to find new people to be part of the company without spend all the time we needed before.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Very useful for staffing needs"

What do you like best?

This provides the talent base that staffing professionals such as myself use. I like the search tools and the ability to create algorithms based on specific needs/traits. I think additional training to open up some of the other search capabilities will serve as useful.

What do you dislike?

I feel people are sometimes lumped in where they should not. This causes further scrubbing. I don't necessarily dislike but additional training would definitely open a lot of the product for additional uses. I think additional training to open up some of the other search capabilities will serve as useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

It is a great tool but again, scrubbing can take up valuable time. Benefits are that you hold the key to new and existing talent for potential employers. When you work as a staffing professional, this is very useful.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Process oriented and organized. Convenient."

What do you like best?

The thing I liked best about LinkedIn talent was that you could move candidates along the interview process from applied to phone interview to in person and submitted. I can’t remenver each and every category they had but that made it easy to and organized stay organized

What do you dislike?

It was pretty expensive. We tested its features and to see what kind of applications we got with a few jobs but then discontinued it. We were using it to boost jobs from zip recruiter. It was tough to remember to move candidates to the next heading, especially since sometimes it wasn’t the same process for everyone depending on how quick we needed to fill a role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on how much you stick to the process and who you are trying to reach

We were using this to post jobs and review applications. I felt like it was convenient for people because they were already on LinkedIn and looking at jobs and they could just use their profile as a resume.

LinkedIn Talent review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Experienced LinkedIn User - Not as big of a fan as I used to be"

What do you like best?

I do like the search capabilities within the product. I'm not a huge fan of the new recruiter design, I liked the older version better.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that they have taken a lot of the control I had over my candidates away and basically force you to pay for the added Talent Pipelining in order to keep better track of your candidates. They should have dropped the price of a Recruiter License if they were going to migrate some of that functionality that we used to have to a higher price point.

It allows us to search and organize candidates for certain roles. I don't find it as effective with healthcare roles.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Top Recruiting Source"

What do you like best?

I really like the amount of people who are on LinkedIn. I can search for people looking for new opportunities or people who are currently working. It allows me to message them and try starting a conversation. Most people on Linkedin are quite responsive and they offer training to you if you aren't getting the responses you think you should. Linkedin is my go to for sourcing candidates. There are a ton of tools as well to share candidates with other recruiters on your team and post roles. When we post roles on Linkedin we tend to find that a lot apply this way.

What do you dislike?

This is my favorite tool to fill my roles and I am on it daily. There is not much that I dislike- I will say I know it is VERY expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would HIGHLY consider this tool to add to recruitment if you have a good amount of roles to fill.

Finding top candidates to fill our roles

LinkedIn Talent review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Great source to find the talent your company is looking for"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of search features that LinkedIn Talent provides, makes it very easy to find a candidate who fits the exact criteria you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if some other fields were marked mandatory by LinkedIn so that we would get a little more consistent types of information from all candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth exploring especially if you have very specific qualifications that you are looking for in an employee.

We are able to fill the needs of our business with candidates who have the background and endorsements that we're looking for. We are able to easily diversify our talent pool with candidates of different educational and work backgrounds.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great for finding & organizing candidates!"

What do you like best?

The ability to create projects and save candidates into each project.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit complicated to learn, and there are so many things this platform allows you to do, it would really take some time to learn how to embrace them all! I suppose that's good and bad :).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is GREAT and always there if you need help. However, be ready for a bit of a learning-curve! Definitely utilize the the clipboard and project management options!

We use LinkedIn Talent to find passive candidates for positions around the country. This is a GREAT way to find more passive candidates, especially since you can look for people of similar skillsets to those of other candidates you see.

LinkedIn Talent review by Martha B.
Martha B.

"LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to search for candidates based on their specific city preferences. It allows me to target candidates in areas that may not have public transportation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to navigate back and forth from the regular LinkedIn to LinkedIn Recruiter. It would be easier to be able to source and send messages directly through LinkedIn.

I am solving the issue of the candidate shortage we're currently in! LinkedIn is a great way to source and engage passive talent.

"LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

I like that you can tell who is looking for new opportunities, thus targeting that group better. I also like that you can do a very detailed search.

What do you dislike?

It is on the higher side for costs, I'm only a month in so I'm hoping to have a good return on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use and ability to connect with people is wonderful, it allows people to pay a bit more attention to you than if you connect and try doing the same thing via "connect" I seem to get a better response rate using LinkedIn Talent/Recruiter.

It is a newer pool of contacts to discuss and network with than my current ATS.

LinkedIn Talent review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"Easy to use, very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can get a job posting out to thousands of qualified applicants just by choosing my target audience!

What do you dislike?

I would love more options for targeting to narrow things down even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you play around with all your options!

We're able to narrow down to a target audience comprised of talents and experiences we want to see in a candidate.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the sourcing feature of Talent. Specifically, how you can create projects, add specific hiring managers to projects, and send emails to "passive" talent to gain their interest in your company and role.

What do you dislike?

The only con that I find with the Talent platform is that sometimes you have to click on multiple links to find something that would otherwise be an easy click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn has been continuously improving its platform for both the candidate and employer. I highly suggest that if your looking to help market employer branding, this is the place to go!

sourcing passive talent. Ability to post jobs to a much larger audience than our own.

LinkedIn Talent review by Morgan J.
Morgan J.

"One of the most accurate ways of finding good talent!"

What do you like best?

Like my title says LinkedIn Talent is one of the most accurate ways of finding good talent! I can see their connections and if anyone has written good recommendations on them without them evening knowing I’ve looked at their profile!

What do you dislike?

I really have absolutely nothing that I dislike about LinkedIn Talent, it’s great!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT && USE IT!!

I’m able to “spy” on a sense of the candidates that I’m recruiting! I also can see their profile and how they see and express themselves vs. what their resume says. The benefits are immense and I couldn’t even begin to name them all.

LinkedIn Talent review by Bruce W.
Bruce W.

"Good for certain talent searches"

What do you like best?

Huge growing number of users/contributors. Often a fast response rate. All communications kept professional. Keeps ALL search history.

What do you dislike?

Only good for folks that sit at a desk or computer all day (or monitor their phone app) - usually means most skilled trades and manufacturing folks don't have time or inclination to use LinkedIn. Platform forces you to use their internal method of organizing searches/projects/candidates - does not share well with others! Too pricey for my use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User has to really commit to using platform, and if searches are for professionals that regularly utilize computers, then it provides a comprehensive tool ... and you'll find people that aren't anywhere else.

National talent searches, expanding network into specialty areas, new business relations/development.

Helps for personal brand and company brand.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Still a work in progress..."

What do you like best?

I like the idea of being able to view a composite of each candidate from LinkedIn. It gives much more information than a typical 1-page resume. I like that i can store resumes/candidate info online and go back as needed without having to print off everything or dig through emails and folders.

What do you dislike?

We recently transitioned the type of accounts we have with LinkedIn and now I have 3 different types of logins and have to choose each time from admin to recruiter to recruiter lite..... I have spoken with LinkedIn support numerous times and they are unable to provide a "fix" to enable me with one login. As a result, any postings or activity I had prior to our contract renewal is saved under one profile and the new activity is under the new login profile. This is especially frustrating when posting job openings that have to be recreated because they are under the old profile. *note, same login, same person, it's just that 3 profile choices pop up after I enter my password and requires me to choose a profile each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do a careful review of your actual needs vs offerings before enrolling...

Easier candidate maintenance and administration from an HR standpoint

LinkedIn Talent review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"It’s amazing to use LinkedIn "

What do you like best?

You can use it if you are researching on any topic. And if you are looking for an job then it also helps you get the founders and recuriters

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, recruiters post about jobs but then never return to the thread

Then there are people who post all their Twitter updates on the 'Professional networking site'

I have used it many times for my presentations and it really helps a lot in getting good and better ideas.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"LinkedIn brings you together!"

What do you like best?

I have always liked the format of LinkedIn and am finding it easy to navigate LI Talent as well. I love the ability to showcase and share different brands and to be able to analyze the data, as well. The resources section is amazing, especially as the search for new employees shifts to a more modern approach, the resources can help older style HR departments to stay up on the trends of today and help us to recruit new talent.

What do you dislike?

AS of today, there is not anything that I have found that I dislike about Linked In Talent. The interface is easy to understand and use and any questions that I have can be answered quickly, so I am very satisfied with LI Talent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many amazing resources for employers and employees on this site, you would be crazy not to use Linked In Talent!!

For my team, I think the problems I have solved using LI Talent are learning how to more effectively connect with and hire new, young employees. I have looked at the resources section on how different types of organizations are using LI Talent and also been able to learn what new hires are looking for as hiring and recruiting gets much more intense.

LinkedIn Talent review by Aishwarya A.
Aishwarya A.

"Great way to find your talent"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to use and navigate. Also, the notifications are apt and not too deep and misleading. It is helpful to understand the flow of the website and easy collect the resume and pin the interests of the candidates.

What do you dislike?

I really didnt find anything that I would dislike. Every software system has tradeoffs. Its about how much it offers and how well.

I have used this to post job postings and hire a candidate for one of the openings in my team. I had a very smooth experience in terms of posting and finally recruiting someone.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator

"Has it's benefits and limitations"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy is that I have the ability to not only review the individual's resume, but also review points of their career that is displayed on their profile as well, such as written recommendations and groups that they may be associated with.

What do you dislike?

To play off of my answer to the last question, what I dislike is that it seems individuals become confused when submitting their resume and don't end up attaching a resume, but instead just sending over their profile, which many times does not meet the requirements needed to review qualifications for the job at hand.

We are solving the problem of having to weed through resumes that meet perhaps 10% of our requirements but not the other 90% by utilizing LinkedIn's ability to search for skills and experience from the individual's profile in order to match them to our job posting more accurately.

LinkedIn Talent review by Nancy G.
Nancy G.

"Great product to find great candidates"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to use. All information from potential candidates in right there. You get a real live snapshot of their experience, so it is easy to see if they will fit in with your job requirements.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it pulls the same person more than once. Sometimes you have to do a little bit of sifting to get the level of quality you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good program to use to help in your search for qualified candidates for open positions.

Hiring quality people that are prepared to make a difference in their position.

This is a great tool to utilize to find these people.

LinkedIn Talent review by Krista T.
Krista T.

"LinkdeIn for success"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to network in a professional manner & grow your web based networks online.

What do you dislike?

No complaints really; it allows you to be as social & active as you'd like to be.

It's a great way to put your company on display, to connect with other companies like you & to network with others you may have not known about without LinkedIn. Whether you're offering a position or looking for one, it's a great, professional tool.

LinkedIn Talent review by Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding candidates is great on LinkedIn Talent. You will waste less time going through the amount of resumes that are submitted through LinkedIn versus other sites.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price of using LinkedIn Talent, it should be a little bit cheaper and just take away some of the options that not all employers find necessary when looking for a candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the tools that LinkedIn provides. It will make your search for the right candidate much easier.

It is much easier to find qualified candidates and can help narrow down the amount of people you end up having phone interviews with or meet face to face.

LinkedIn Talent review by Irum V.
Irum V.

"LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

the ability to find professionals by searching different key words and filtering by preferences and the ability to contact them and discuss potential opportunities. also allows seeing Candidate contact information that may not normally be available

What do you dislike?

Some users do not allow contact ability and the picture, name, and entire profiled are hidden. from the user selection. The, it seeing you to view the title and company they potentially work for but does not allow contact and clicking of Their page.

Finding potential candidates and key personnel to secure potential opportunities

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Veterinary
User in Veterinary

"Ease with Professional results"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to search by tags and facilitate easy communication between my colleagues. I have found that a large amount of people work through Linked in, and thus it is a great process for seeing a realistic picture of candidates.

What do you dislike?

Layout on certain computers, carrying over on different devices is difficult and makes teamwork more of a chore, though not necessarily impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your own linkedin profile is very up to date with how you'd like to present yourself- some of the older members at my company hadn't updated it for a while and were communicating with potential recruits at a level that it didn't look like they had accomplished.

I am able to view recruitment options that coincide with other divisions of my company, so that multiple people can get an idea of what they need. We have meetings to determine our necessary requirements and then one person can take on the task of recruiting through talent.

LinkedIn Talent review by Marissa M.
Marissa M.

"Great for Recruiting! "

What do you like best?

It is very simple and easy to send InMail messages, follow the users, or browse resumes.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you did not have limited InMails. It would be very beneficial if you could send as many as you want, instead of having to attach your note with the request itself. A lot of the time, this is unseen and they do not see your message.

I have found almost all of our internal candidates through LinkedIn!

"LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

Most high-quality candidates are using LinkedIn these days and you will not have the talent you are looking for without out. LinkedIn Talent allows us to post jobs on one of the most used job sites in the country. I can even request to have local candidates only.

What do you dislike?

It appears that LinkedIn changes their interface frequently, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. The other issue is that there are many accounts that are on LinkedIn, but not active users. Perhaps LinkedIn could let recruiters know which candidates have been active on their website before we invest time reaching out to them.

We are able to reach a greater pool of candidates in this tough job market!

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"A must-have for anyone in the recruitment world"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent is the best way to connect with passive candidates who don't post their resumes on job boards. The new "open to new opportunities" selection makes it even easier to know who is actively on the job market, and

What do you dislike?

Not being able to respond to a declined message closes the door for future conversation with a candidate. It would be great to have a more open dialogue with a candidate who isn't interested in speaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An absolute must - if I were starting my own recruitment firm today, it would be one of my first purchases.

LinkedIn Talent allows us to source difficult-to-find candidates in a candidate-driven market. It's the best tool for the job in recruitment.

LinkedIn Talent review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Small company Corporate Recruiter"

What do you like best?

The reach of the posting is very good. The quality of the candidates it reaches has been excellent. I did find an excellent hire this past quarter for a hard to fill Business Development Manager with specific experience in selling to large retail outlets.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly more expensive than other job board postings. Candidates so far not always in an active search mode. Does not produce the volume of candidates as other job boards.

Talent acquisition, branding.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Awesome interface! Highly Recommended. "

What do you like best?

The LinkedIn Talent searching options are absolutely fantastic, the platform is easy to navigate, and the candidates are top quality. The database options are absolutely top-of-the-line and I cannot recommend this product enough.

What do you dislike?

Really, there is not much that I could say I disliked. One particular item that I found to be less of a positive is the option to automatically generate a response from candidates. This takes away from the rationalization of the conversation and getting to know the candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to take advantage of this program. I highly recommend the product and the candidates are of much higher quality than other interfaces.

Recruiting and finding candidates for roles that are qualified. LinkedIn Talent gave our team the ability to find candidates that are more well educated and experienced for particular roles. Biggest benefits are the quality candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"My Experience with LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

The ease of accessibility and utilization matches my applicant search requirements perfectly. It's also readily affordable.

What do you dislike?

I had slight difficulties with initially establishing points of contact, but I was able to overcome them in a short amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The initial setup has slight momentary lapses, however, it is absolutely an app worth taking the time to look into.

Hiring productive and efficient temporary employees is a crucial aspect of my company. LinkedIn assists greatly in this field, and it works more quickly than any other platform I've looked into.

LinkedIn Talent review by Heather D.
Heather D.

"Success! Have found great leads with LinkedIn! "

What do you like best?

Everyone, or nearly everyone is familiar with LinkedIn. Due to this reason, I have found much success in candidates for my business and also my Mother's business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the people who we communicate with tend to respond too slow for my needs. I am curious about the lag in response, I wonder if it's a lag on Linkin side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good for being able to trace quality people to verifiable sources of talent.

Staffing needs, and finding qualified candidates for positions I have a hard time recruiting for typically.

LinkedIn Talent review by User

"busqueda de talento facil"

What do you like best?

La función de búsqueda de conjunto de habilidades muy util como reclutador. Publicar ofertas es fácil y simple de usar, por lo que es una gran ventaja. Todavía somos algo nuevos en el sistema

What do you dislike?

Las búsquedas dentro de una ubicación específica a veces se extienden a una ubicación diferente, principalmente al filtrar con Ciudades. Además, el filtro de habilidades no tiene todas las solicitudes de habilidades y dificulta la obtención de algunos candidatos. Al introducir ciertas palabras no las reconoce si no, ya que debería haber sido seleccionada en los filtros de habilidades.

Reclutamiento Talentos específicos. LinkedIn Talent es ideal para seleccionar personas con habilidades muy concretas evitando así la criba curricular que se hacía con la lectura de los curriculum de los candidatos

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Overpriced"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I wish more sites were this easy! I also like that it hooks up with your LinkedIn account so it has that networking aspect as well. There's a lot of potential here if you purchase the right products from the company. I do recommend that all companies look into this option.

What do you dislike?

These postings are pay per click. I found that we ended up paying quite a bit of money for a service that did not yield exceptional candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the budget to buy the products that you really need. If you just buy the bare minimum, I don't think the system will work to your advantage.

LinkedIn allows us to also reach more passive candidates. People who may not actively be looking for new jobs may come across our jobs and check them out. This strengthens the pipeline and provides another source for potential candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Consultant in Semiconductors
Consultant in Semiconductors

"Talent search made easy"

What do you like best?

Clean and simple interface which is easy to use without any training

Very powerful analytics data and end to end solution for all recruitment requirements

Less expensive compared to other options out there with alot of value add

What do you dislike?

They constantly keep asking you to upgrade to higher versions which might not be necessary for smaller companies (my case).

Feel the messaging platform can be made more streamlined with more keyboard options to cater to different regions of the world

Sometimes notice that there is a lag between when we receive messages to notifications

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't underestimate the analytics which the software generates. It is one stop shop for all recruitment needs.

LinkedIn talent stands out by helping narrow down the candidates with very specific skill sets. Especially filtering candidates by school, degree, skills etc.

LinkedIn Talent review by Kristin O.
Kristin O.

"LinkedIn is the best tool for Recruiters"

What do you like best?

It has a large network reach, allows you to see candidates that are actively looking and ones that are already engaged with your company.

What do you dislike?

I wish they provided more information on what the candidate is looking for. Right now it says what positions they are open to and which location, but it doesn't mention compensation details like Indeed Prime does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good tool, but would not say this is the end all of sourcing tools.

It is tied as my most used tool for sourcing. It helps improve my accuracy for sourcing and stats for those hired from this pool.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Working with Linkedin"

What do you like best?

I like that it connects me to the community, is a great resource for professional education on current topics and of course helps us to recruit and sell.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a bit of spam on there but you take with the good with the bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with care and be smart about what you post, how you reach out. Be responsible with your messaging.

Professional Development, Sales and staying connected.

LinkedIn Talent review by Erica C.
Erica C.

"Great for finding the perfect fit"

What do you like best?

It's social networking aspect provides a unique opportunity to learn about jobs or potential candidates from people you know and trust in your personal sphere

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a bit more popular with people in lower level positions, it's great for office jobs but I would love to see it become more popular with retail and food service workers because I think it would be a great tool for managers to find new employees they can count on

I have realized the benefit of being able to find talent based on my network of respected business connections, knowing I am interviewing only the best and not wasting any time

LinkedIn Talent review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"LinkedIn Talent Review "

What do you like best?

I like how LI Talent gives you an org chart for any given company. It pools candidates you should be reaching out to based upon their relevance. I also like how LI allows you to build projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how LI eliminated such useful tools as Connectifier. I completely understand why they did this, but aggregates such as that were so essential to connecting with candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you find or purchase another tool to locate contact information instead of just relying on LI Talent - especially in technology. Results are slow and minimal.

Hiring, would be the obvious choice here. Allows you to profile candidates and companies adequately.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Veterinary
User in Veterinary

"Linked In "

What do you like best?

I love the reach that Linked In is able to obtain. There are many options and lots of opportunities for connecting across the US. The platform is very useful and can be reviewed easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

Many alerts and information from Linked In comes through the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource!

Across the US, we are able to watch where our talent is currently in order to hire them and also where others are going in their career. I have utilized Linked In for resume search and to see where the best attributes are.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Does alot - is it worth the price?"

What do you like best?

ATS features for sourcing, storing, tracking, sharing amongst the team.

Performance statistics

Controlled by company/master licence holder and can redistributed if there are changes on the team.

Team can use more inmail credits to contact candidates directly.

Connects with company page, job slots etc.

What do you dislike?

Cost seems somewhat prohibitive, especially when adding multiple licences.

Searching ability is inconsistent with results (sometimes using Google/x-ray search provides better, more relevant results).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does a lot, yet does not always deliver.

It is heading in the right direction, yet has some ground to make up before it gets there.

Definitely, do the 30 day trial - just be sure you allocate it properly, to someone who will really use it and be able to give you proper feedback about the product and how it can fit your organziation's needs.

Sourcing new employees/candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

When considering potential candidates for a role, LinkedIn Talent allows us to see who meets the requirements for a role by allowing us to see their qualifications.

What do you dislike?

One thing in particular that I dislike about using this software, is that sometimes the functionality of it isn't user friendly sometimes. I've personally encountered errors where pages would freeze, but it didn't happen a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly think it's a great software to really build up talent within and outside of the company. You're given an array of candidates that you can easily scope out to see which are the best fits for your company. It's an easy software to navigate your way through, despite it's kink, I recommend this software.

Some business problems we're solving with LinkedIn Talent is to scope out good candidates for available roles with the business. Benefits include ease of finding candidates, externally.

Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Some Changes Need to Be Made"

What do you like best?

There are a good number of profiles on LinkedIn. It is still used by many candidates to find jobs and showcase their profiles.

What do you dislike?

The filters sometimes do not work well and highlight the things that I don't want to see. I also wish that profiles that haven't been touched in more than 2 years were not shown to me. I would like to see a better messaging system put in. Inmails are too easily ignored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a bit clunky to figure out how to get support like when adding job slots or seats. You have to contact your rep for any changes.

I source on LinkedIn for most of my customers. I have hired many people from sourcing on LinkedIn. It also is an easy way to stay in contact with candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great For Passive Candidate Sourcing"

What do you like best?

I really like the recent update LinkedIn implemented with their search tool. It's much cleaner and makes it easier for me to update the search within the search results screen. Overall, I love the system and don't know what I would do without it as a tool. I am constantly building searches and projects for various roles that I recruit for. There is an ease of posting a job to LinkedIn and they have recently made it much easier.

What do you dislike?

Our team transfers licenses often based on where we need recruiting assistance as well as based on turnover. It is sometimes difficult to find message templates from other users in the system.

With the recent update to job creation, I usually select starting from a job description, but I find it uses the most recent job I've added. I recruit for two companies so it's always a challenge to keep switching out the company templates.

I also wish there was an easy way to respond to a candidate's message directly from the email notification I receive in my email.

Our company uses LinkedIn Talent as a primary tool for sourcing passive candidates. Our company targets candidates with unique skill sets on a global stage and LinkedIn allows us to create personalized searches, bookmark potential candidates, and send messages to selected candidates. This is especially helpful with some of our more senior level or very niche roles because we find those candidates aren't looking so it allows us to build more of a relationship with them. Often, we begin a dialogue and maintain that relationship for a long period of time.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Solid product offering for roles requiring specific skills "

What do you like best?

LI Talent Solutions offers unique tools to message and track multiple potential candidates. It's very helpful to have all of the tools in one place. It is also more cost efficient than other suppliers that are out there on the market, for the level of detail that you receive.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the functionality has bugs that hamper my efficiency in recruiting and communicating. The UX is easy enough to understand but not always the most intuitive of design.

At small companies/startups, each hire is extremely impertinent to the overall culture and success of the company. LI Talent solutions allows me to really dig into the recruitment process without breaking the bank. Because of the great work that LI has done in building their network, I have had candidates that I reached out to refer me to their friends/colleagues who have turned into hires.

LinkedIn Talent review by Alexis H.
Alexis H.

"Great experience, worth the investment"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent is very easy to use, it can easily take place of a large cumbersome ATS system for smaller companies. Boolean searches are easy to use and targeting candidates who are actively looking is even easier.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the product to be honest.

Working to "hunt" and find the passive candidates for very hard to fill positions.

LinkedIn Talent review by Philippe L.
Philippe L.

"Quick Overview of the available market"

What do you like best?

Easy to search for competency. communication with the recruit was easy. Internationnal feature of Linkedin. Great protential basket of potentiel worker.

What do you dislike?

Hard to stay anonymous for star employes. Hard to reach some potentiel worker. Posting was hard to update during the posting process. Tracking of the many post was not up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should try the LinkedIn Talent to fastrack the reach of recruit worldwide.

Dotation and replacement of people. Reach of internationnal recruiting agency. Option to have global worker with worldwide competency