Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

LinkedIn Talent

(559 reviews)

LinkedIn Talent Basic, Finder, and Pro Plans. Obtain additional access to talent and tools to manage recruiting on LinkedIn's network.

Work for LinkedIn Talent?

Learning about LinkedIn Talent?

LinkedIn Talent Reviews

Showing 569 LinkedIn Talent reviews
LinkedIn Talent review by Samuel Josue T.
Samuel Josue T.

"The best job exchange."

What do you like best?

I like that it can be viewed from a smart phone or PC, can be used in mobile devices and consumes little RAM. It does not weigh much, your updates are very useful. Currently I have the software installed on my smart phone to be always connected. You can meet many people who work in the same area, you can offer your professional services to companies that are registered on LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

I do not like much that most of the time they end up recruiting an applicant who figure among the first to be premium. They need more options in the labor field. They should also include the student option to fill out a profile as a student.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should strive to find the best staff, with Linkedin Talent you can recruit the best candidates, it is very effective with the tools you can use to make decisions regarding the candidates to recruit. Most of the people who work in my company have their profiles on Linkedin, because we trust in the serious and solid that they are in Linkedin. Among all the job exchanges I recommend Linkeid.

From the point of view of the company, it helps to recruit the best qualified staff, it allows to validate its profile, there is a great index of response on the part of the aspirants. It is the most solid work bag we have seen in our company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LinkedIn Talent
LinkedIn Talent review by Catherine Nicole S.
Catherine Nicole S.

"LinkedIn's cool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can find lots of diffedent job styles while still matchung them to my personality. The ease of being able to apply to multiple jobs quickly is wonderful, and greatly helpful with how many times similar questions are asked.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is hard to initially set up all of the points of contact and setting/finding my trade profession(s) because of how spuratic my life and work style is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get used to the buttons, controls, and uploaded information. Update often -I forget to do this.

It seems/can be daunting but once it is set up it makes life and applying for copious amounts of jobs way easier until you snag the right one.

I've found that with Linkedin, the problems of compiling all of my information into once place has gotten easier since using it more frequently, especially around the internet and how it is set up for job applications.

What Recruitment Marketing solution do you use?

LinkedIn Talent review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"LinkedIn Recruiter Lite is very robust for the cost!"

What do you like best?

It's very affordable, so LinkedIn Recruiter Lite can be helpful for smaller companies who don't need to do a TON of hiring. You can do Boolean searches and get quite granular with whom your'e looking for.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how the LinkedIn Team tried to upsell me when they set up a training for LInkedIn Recruiter Lite. I mentioned up front that I didn't need to upgrade, but they kept showing me features of the upgraded version.

When moving to another team within my company, I lost all of my InMails from my account. They couldn't recover them. Also, when you want to cancel Recruiter Lite, you need to email them to get refunded for your unused InMails. Pretty manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To save money, try to reach out to people who've set their account to receive InMails for free. Look for the LinkedIn gold badge while searching for people. This can save you $10 per free InMail you send.

Hiring great talent is a major part of any business's success. LinkedIn Talent helps us do that by finding people who come from companies we like, and from schools we trust.

LinkedIn Talent review by Nivida S.
Nivida S.

"Linkedin the solution to your need for trained and reliable employees"

What do you like best?

Unlike other social networks, Linkedin is especially oriented towards professional profiles. Its main objective is to connect different professionals in any sector, to generate business and expand professional contacts. And if that were not enough, Linkedin already has more than 150 million users and the possibilities it offers are becoming more extensive every day

What do you dislike?

519/5000

Linkedin like any other social network, presents the same risk, which is the lack of privacy. These sites can gather considerable amounts of personal information, the main ones being the email addresses. however, to get the most out of it, the user must disclose information about their current and past employers, as well as their contact information. The user assumes a significant risk of identity theft in the case that a crime is committed with the security of LinkedIn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Linkedin allows you to publish your own ads for job applications at competitive prices. Through its huge network of filters you can enter the profiles of potential employees for your company. In addition, thanks to the internal reference system you will get reliable information about the candidates.

LinkedIn can generate more business, more job opportunities and more money than any other digital media, as it helps maintain direct contact with the leaders and referents of a particular industry or sector. In addition, it also encourages contact between professionals as it uses your online resume as a tool for your professional promotion.

LinkedIn Talent review by Zachary T.
Zachary T.

"LinkedIn is an Essential Tool for Successful Recruiting"

What do you like best?

Searching for candidates via LinkedIn Talent is intuitive and reinforces positive recruiting habits. A clear picture of candidates is presented with all relevant information, without creating an overload of information.

The Advanced Search parameters are unrivaled compared to many other applicant tracking systems.

Sending InMails drastically improves candidate response rates for hard-to-source locations and requisitions.

What do you dislike?

The application of messaging is slightly bugged and sending attachments can be unsuccessful. The messaging tool itself could use more functions for following up with responsive candidates and tracking conversations.

There is a slight lag between LinkedIn notifications and email notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in to the recruiting benefits, search functionality, and job searching aids LinkedIn Talent provides. There is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, and this service helps already proficient recruiters gain an edge. The usability and ease of access become apparent in minimal time, and as with any software, the more comfortable you are using it the more benefit you will see.

Sourcing for difficult requisitions is solved with LinkedIn Talent in more ways than one (isolated search areas, innumerable search constraints and filters, candidate preferences, and profile openness, to name a few).

Top talent is discovered via LinkedIn Talent, as a significant portion of job seekers rely on LinkedIn, and more importantly, solely on LinkedIn.

Candidates who are open to new opportunities are given a medium to introduce themselves to recruiters and new business opportunities, which takes care of a necessary "first step" in the hiring process.

LinkedIn Talent review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Great tool for online networking and browse the future company"

What do you like best?

the best thing is you can browse and research the potential company that you will be interested. this is pretty useful that you can research the skill set needed to be qualified for this job since it allow you to connect to other relevant personnel in the future company.

What do you dislike?

that other party will be notified that you are viewing their profile, so it will be kinda embarrassing. i personally will be in a odd situation during an interview facing the interviewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i think you should allow user to turn on the feature and not let other people to know they were browsing your page.

one of the business problem is that you will be knowing the qualification of the hiring candidated.

Benefits is that you will be knowing the skill set that the candidate has, so that you will be able to make a better decision in terms of hiring the potential candidate

LinkedIn Talent review by Russell Carr O.
Russell Carr O.

"Very Poor Renewal Policies/Customer Service/Clunky Tools"

What do you like best?

Lots of available profiles and information on candidates.

What do you dislike?

- LinkedIn actually penalizes users for not renewing subscription every month. I spent many hours developing saved searches, but wanted to suspend the subscription for a couple of months until we needed to recruit again. After cancelling and then trying to renew, i Learned that all of the searches would be lost (EVEN BEFORE THE SUBSCRIPTION WAS OVER!). I contacted support and asked for the searches to be saved if i renewed, and they refused.

This is the sort of poor policy/customer service that makes users hate large platforms such as LinkedIn.

- The search results are not reliable and candidate quality/match is not consistent. This causes significant wasted time having to sort through qualified candidates vs. non-qualified.

- Communication tools are clunky and unreliable. Sometimes I can correspond using my email and sometimes cannot. Very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn presents their recruiting tools as a major problem solver, but despite all of my time and efforts, i was very disappointed with the tool itself and results.

We've also posted job openings, and rec'd very few qualified candidates, and was actually double charged for duplicate job postings that we never ordered or authorized. Had to waste time requesting refunds, etc. Major waste of money as well. Spent approximately $4k and rec'd maybe 10 qualified candidates over a 5 month period.

Also be aware of the their renewal policies which penalize users for not renewing each month. I wasted significant time and effort on searches and it was all lost due to their policies.

Access to potential candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Johnathon G.
Johnathon G.

"Linkedin way to find qualified candidates to recruit to your team."

What do you like best?

I started using Linkedin Recruiter after I was offered a free trial. I didn't expect to use it as much as i did, but know i am able to scout for new talent without having them come to me. I can see their work history accomplishments and other people's comments on their profile, it makes finding new talent easy.

What do you dislike?

What i don't like is the platform's connectivity. You are often face with negotiating them to leave their current job or the ghosting of potential candidates. It makes finding new talent rough because you have to find not only people who fit your criteria

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having trouble recruiting and hiring your ideal workers, instead of waiting for them to come to you, why not chase after them?

I am able to recruit and find talent that isn't coming directly to my company, this allows our company to focus on how to improve ourselves and create a diverse team.

LinkedIn Talent review by Yusuf G.
Yusuf G.

"LinkedIn Talent has been a new,fruitful experience for our recruiting process."

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent is easy to use. it is easy to create job adverts and I like how upon launching a job advert,I am provided with a list of Lindkein users who fall into the category of the kind of applicants being seeked on our job advert.

Ability to mass message all job applicants is a blessing,as it can be a thankless job trying to message hundreds of applicants one after another! I like the entire recruitment workflow on LinkedIn,as it enable me to immediately inform an applicant of his/her ineligibility for the job with just a click of a button,just as I can affirm an applicants eligibility for the job with just a click of the button,I can also move applicants from contacted,to interviews,to recruited ; depending on what stage of the recruitment process they currently are .Thus removing the need to jot down the above data on spreadsheets,which I seriously hate to do.

What do you dislike?

We have sometimes launched job adverts on LinkedIn and it takes over a day before it actually starts pacing.I want to be able to post a job ad. And not have to keep logging back in to check if my ad. Is actually running,thus wasting a lot of my time and making me think I am missing something.

LinkedIn Talent is where my organization gets the bulk of new employees for the past one year and counting.The best part of LinkedIn Talent is its relative fair pricing when compared with local job search platforms like jobberman etc Also LinkedIn Talent always allows my organization select from a large pool of candidates whenever we have a vacancy and while it is always a difficult task trying to select a few tens of candidates from hundreds of applications,this scenario only ensures that the best candidates are the ones who get picked.

LinkedIn Talent review by Lenell M.
Lenell M.

"My Personal Review of LinkedIn Talent"

What do you like best?

The best features of LinkedIn that appeal to me most is the app, it's fast and user friendly. I don't get spammed with notifications because it's easy to turn them on and off whenever I need, its important to me that I have and easy time customizing my applications at any time. I also have the LinkedIn app slideshare and I think the ability to save the wealth of information from this app offline is super useful in case of any WiFi interruptions, I have learned so much to contribute to my business model from slide share that is hard to find if you don't know to look for it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the profile page a bit, I think some of the information needed to complete your profile is superfluous. I understand you should have your best credentials available to make great business connections, but some of the criteria for completion seems more personal than for business ventures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend LinkedIn for anyone who owns a business, is looking to own a business or to just make helpful connections in their field. I also recommend LinkedIn to students, it's best to research and build relationships with potential employers.

I am solving the issue of connecting with other people of my demographic who are also in the same business, I have connected with many people my age and younger and have had a few beneficial business relationships over the time that I first signed up for LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Talent review by Blake E.
Blake E.

"A great tool for talent acquisition - but has its limitations"

What do you like best?

Ability to drill down on exactly who you're looking for and reach out to them directly, or see if there's a mutual connection to help facilitate the conversation. It's the largest network you're going to find when it comes to a broad range of contacts/talent.

What do you dislike?

It can be pricey.

Everyone uses it. This creates InMail fatigue in certain sectors and markets, making it difficult to get replies from certain types of people in the network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool - spend the time learning how to use it effectively to maximize your ROI.

Utilize LinkedIn Talent for many different challenges - finding talent with specific skillsets, industry experience, and former employers is great. Using it to analyze how quickly competitors are growing is a great insight as well.

LinkedIn Talent review by Brenn M.
Brenn M.

"How I became a fan of LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of LinkedIn is the network you can create based on your credentials or the credentials of others. These could be people that would work in your field which would be a huge asset if you are in charge of hiring, or you can network with people from any line of work.

What do you dislike?

The only negative that I notice with LinkedIn would be the layout, it could be easier to navigate and the interface could use an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't take long to set up your profile, the connections that you can make can be invaluable!

Currently the biggest benefit has been networking, it's so streamlined with this site that I can choose any category and find people that I know or new people that I would like to meet. If you have a job in sales or one that relies upon contacts in other fields, LinkedIn is a huge asset.

LinkedIn Talent review by Joanna W.
Joanna W.

"SO Helpful"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to see people's full profiles on LinkedIn. The search for skill set feature is also helpful as a recruiter. I have not fully utilized the notes feature for LinkedIn, but we as a team hope to soon. Posting jobs is really easy and simple to use, so that's a huge plus. Having a candidate pipeline will hopefully pay off in the future! We are still somewhat new to the system, but I don't see us leaving anytime soon. We have only touched the surface of the system!

What do you dislike?

It's a lot, and it's difficult coming from the non-profit side and knowing our compensation is lower than the for-profit world. That makes it difficult when trying to contact candidates. Another difficultly is that we are a religion organization, so we are looking for people with similar beliefs. LinkedIn doesn't show that, rightfully so, but that makes it a little challenging when we are looking at candidates from the "'corp" world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the training videos!

Talent Sourcing. We have always been on the reactive side of recruiting, but we are trying to move into the proactive recruiting and LinkedIn Talent has helped with that. It's not an easy transition, but it's a good first steps!

LinkedIn Talent review by Ke V.
Ke V.

"LinkedIn Talent - The New Evolution"

What do you like best?

I like the User Interface and how easy to perform searches. It combines a lot of features in to a single platform. This makes it one of the best tools in recruiting and sourcing [RPO]. On top of all I like its displayed results when a search query is performed. It's saves a lot time in going through all of candidate's profile. Keywords filtered making candidate selection easy and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, not all candidate's contact information are up to date but it is all good. Searches within a specific location sometimes extend to different location mostly when filtering with Cities and or States. Moreover, skills filter doesn't have all skill requisitions in it and make its difficult in getting some candidates. If you input such words in keyword filter it doesn't work as it should have been inputted in skill filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Talent is versatile tool that makes recruitment very easy and I will recommend it to other Hiring Managers and Recruiters because it saves time hence increasing productivity.

Recruiting Top Tech Talents. LinkedIn Talent host a lot ideal candidates making our recruiting process a dream come true. Getting 1% - 10% top candidates is every recruiting company's priority and this talent tool has made easy to get multiple pipeline with this percentage range of top candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Great Tool for Candidate Sourcing! "

What do you like best?

I like that I can filter by geographic location, type of employment they might be open to - great for finding consultants, the Boolean search string is really helpful too. I also like that I can see if I have already viewed a candidate before and if I have already sent them a message.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the skills section and searching by that alone - I find that people add things that aren't relevant to their current work history, like if they learned it in college, they mark that as a skill and aren't endorsed with it, but it still comes up if you add that skill in. I have been using the keyword search over that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use when you are looking for candidates with certain skills or experience. Easy to use and you can see if candidates are open to new job opportunities - makes it easier to figure out who to target if you have a hot job.

I'm connecting with candidates that are looking for new opportunities and getting responses. More and more people are using LinkedIn and utilizing this newer feature.

LinkedIn Talent review by Katrina H.
Katrina H.

"LinkedIn Talent Review "

What do you like best?

We have a lot of resumes coming in that are fairly job specific.

What do you dislike?

You can't limit the resumes being sent in to say within the province so some resumes are from far away job seekers which doesn't work for us.

Also, you can't set parameters for people who are applying. I find this to be particularly odd since we pay per resume that is sent to us even if it's Joe Blow who has nothing to do with the field we are advertising for.

This site would be of much better use if we could create specific questions for people applying and based on the answers to those questions, proceed to view their resume for the fee or have the option to delete it and not be charged for a resume that is no where near the job description being posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your job description says exactly what you are looking for. For us we needed to specify as structural engineers we were looking for wood industry engineers who had experience in sawmills, not gasline engineers or people who spent their degree in classrooms giving lectures...

Fine tuning what we want with regards to skill set needed for the job.

Fine tuning of resumes coming in as to who is definitely not a candidate.

I like that the location of individuals is clearly displayed so that we are able to determine if they are too far to consider or if they may be willing to possibly relocate to our location.

LinkedIn Talent review by K S.
K S.

"LinkedIn Talent for Fast Hiring"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent does as advertised: it is a fast, convenient, easy-to-use, "recruiting solution". The program helps my office to identify new talent that appear as if they would fit seamlessly into our office. The program also helps direct traffic to our office's webpage, which is also great for drumming up interest in our work.

What do you dislike?

The program appears to have an overly "social network"-type feel, which, at times, can seem unprofessional. In essence, the program does facilitate greater interaction between recruiters/potential employers and potential employees, yet it does give off more of a facebook vibe, than a professional recruiting platform.

LinkedIn Talent helps our office to find potential hires with easy. As described by an individual in our office, LinkedIn Talent has basically taken the "hard work" out of the recruiting process. By utilizing connections and key words, the program has truly helped to connect our office with valuable additions to our work team.

LinkedIn Talent review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"LinkedIn Talent has helped me to find the best candidates in the industry! "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to really search LinkedIn based off not only their location, but also their educational background as well as a variety of other skills/key words that are so beneficial in finding the best candidates. What also is so great is the similar LinkedIn profiles that appear based off of location and industry as well. Even by searching one specific candidate, the search can lead you to so many more which is incredible.

What do you dislike?

One of the attributes that I do dislike about the program is the way that Talent Inmail is set up. If a candidate does not click their Inmail, they may not see the message we are trying to send for potential new opportunities unless you are already connected with them.

We are trying to solve our attraction and retention of Talent through LinkedIn Talent. It has become so much easier to find candidates based off of specific talents, universities, and even using previous employment to find the best individuals in the industry.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Not great for sourcing, good for reaching out to candidates"

What do you like best?

I like finding candidates resume on a different job board and being able to send them an instant message. Sometimes finding candidates thru LinkedIn does prove helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel that LinkedIn is good for sourcing or finding candidates. I understand why because many good candidates don't have their LinkedIn profile fully filled our and it's not like searching for keywords like you would with a resume database. There are also very frequent instances where LinkedIn recruiter won't load properly or show messages properly. I had to reach out to the support team one time because I was not able to access my messages and needed a phone number from there urgently and they were not helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be patient when it runs slowly and use it in addition to another resume search database, that's how you'll likely get the best results.

Great for connecting with talent that I do not already have a relationship/phone number/email for.

LinkedIn Talent review by Shubham S.
Shubham S.

"great talent hire from linkedin talent"

What do you like best?

its simplicity to use and since it uses machine learning to provide recommendation, its very powerful tool in todays age. It minimizes the time one takes to hire new talent. It a pipeline builder as it helps in creating a targeted pipeline of engaged talent.

What do you dislike?

can be very overwhelming to use as lot of recommendations come and some can be irrelevant. it is a bit costly and intimidating to use it in first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should definitely look in using the linkedin talent platform. It minimizes the time one takes to hire new talent. It a pipeline builder as it helps in creating a targeted pipeline of engaged talent.

it makes hiring little easier and cost effective. Since it uses machine learning and artificial intelligence it recommends customer which are highly relevant to our needs. It helps in finding the right candidates using the power of the LinkedIn network. Its for talented professionals always in search of new talent. It gives every candidate an authentic view into our culture with employee-created content, company videos and photos, and tailored messaging that we curate and easily manage. LinkedIn is a game changer for us because it enables our recruiters to reach out to passive candidates directly through a trusted platform. By speaking to them directly, getting them engaged and excited about opportunities at option care

while providing a great candidate experience that we strive for, is a massive advantage

LinkedIn Talent review by Emily C.
Emily C.

"Okay- works well for some jobs and not for others"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see who you've contacted and when and when other team memebers have reached out or even viewed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to search.

Not as popoular within Healthcare (not many Nurses or NPs).

I don't like that you can't leave people off your searches if you've already contacted them or added them to a project,

DOn't like that you can't bulk email if it falls below a certain percentage, you try getting Medical Directors to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very expensive but bulk email hasn't worked very well. Sometimes the only way to make contatct. But I wish you knew if candidates were active. Like when was the last time they logged on.

Recruiting

LinkedIn Talent review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Linkedin Talent Solutions"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to keep projects of candidates for jobs and also view the history of engagements with candidates/views by team members, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new UI, it is very slow and I don't like that they changed the fact that you can no longer search through people's connections directly from their profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must have for recruiting needs these days. However, be wary of the up sells and additional cost inducing features like job postings. We have seen less ROI from job listings. Also, for pure engineering recruiting I would have a supplemental source for finding talent in addition to Linkedin. However, it is the best comprehensive platform for finding US talent in Sales/G&A/Marketing etc. Engineering is fine too.

The ability to find and recruit top talent to our company. We've had another benefit of furthering our brand through promoting our recruitment brand. We've hired a few passive candidates by finding them and reaching out to them via Linkedin Talent.

LinkedIn Talent review by Natavia H.
Natavia H.

"Not the best (or cheapest) way to source talent via LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn talen definitely does not disappoint with the sheer number of applicants their platform provides. It is also rather simple to set up a job posting, track applicants, etc.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is not completely transparent and their support was completely unresponsive when my organization attemtped to contact someone regarding the charges associated with one of our job postings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are 100% clear on the terms and pricing structure of your job posting or you may end up spending much more than you anticipated.

LinkedIn Talent does provide a level of visibility that other job posting sites cannot offer. As previously stated, this visibility typically translates into an abundance of apllicants, providing us the opportunity to source from a larger, more diverse candidiate pool.

LinkedIn Talent review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"A necessity in the industry"

What do you like best?

A LinkedIn Recruiter license makes it easy to quickly search for talented candidates. LinkedIn and Microsoft have a bit of a monopoly on HR Technology as the "professional" social network.

What do you dislike?

They often roll out new UI features before testing them, or, worse, take away old features with little warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Google Hire entering the HR Tech market, I'm not sure LinkedIn is heading in the right direction - they're trying to make it much harder for recruiters who use the product to reach out to candidates anywhere else, but many talented folks already avoid it because they're being inundated with spam - I think we're moving towards a war between two tech giants.

We use LinkedIn to find and get in touch with candidates who are otherwise hard to reach out to.

LinkedIn Talent review by Agency in Management Consulting
Agency in Management Consulting

"Use Only Out of Necessity"

What do you like best?

I use it because I can't NOT post jobs on LinkedIn (particularly the more professional jobs). But I absolutely wouldn't use it if I didn't have to. The only thing I like about it is being able to purchase jobs slots with quantity discounts. It's much more cost-effective than purchasing jobs one-off online through LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

1) The customer service is HORRENDOUS. 2) It takes a shocking amount of time (days) to purchase sponsored boosts. And I don't understand why I can't do that online 3) It's ridiculous that there is not SSO and I have to log in to THREE different systems (Recruiter, Recruiter Lite, and my regular account, depending on what I'm doing. That's an awful user experience. 4) The data / stats are wrong, customer service acknowledges that my data is wrong, and they also say that they won't be fixing it (????) -- it's been months and I've complained multiple times. Software is archaic, and features are minimal. I very much look forward to the day when LinkedIn is no longer a necessity and gets squashed by the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a necessity if you don't want to miss out on candidates, but keep an eye out for better things. Their model is not sustainable.

I'm solving the ridiculous and unacceptable pricing strategy that LinkedIn uses for people who purchase online. If you're not on Recruiter / Talent, and you want quantity discounts and purchase a 10-pack, you have to purchase a different ten-pack for every city you have a job posting for. For example, If you have two positions -- one in NYC and one in NJ, and you have purchased a ten-pack of postings, you can't use the postings in the ten pack for both of those geographical locations. Also, if one is an hourly position and one is a salary / skilled / professional position, you can't use the same ten-pack -- you have to have separate ten packs for each type. It's insane. Job slots on talent can be used for anything. There is no other business problem I'm solving. I just can't not post to LinkedIn since I'd be missing candidates. I try not to do much proactive outreach to passive candidates, but if I do, I do use Talent for that as well.

LinkedIn Talent review by Derek Bohlen ~ O.
Derek Bohlen ~ O.

"Allows serviceable needs "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to not get limited connections through LI. They are very intuitive and allows me to start a simple conversation with a business owner that I can connect with. It also allows for me to see who is coming and going on my personal and business page which allows me a great opportunity to use as a source for Business Dev leads to put into my system.

What do you dislike?

The often times, still limited, information available. Would like to see more emails to take the conversation out of LI.The user face pulls me from the Linked In page to the Sales manager and back and I have a hard time understanding which conversation is in what place with in the Linked In interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want going in as there are a lot of little things they can offer, but you need to be aware of them. I also wish that all of the different options weren't different UI"s. This can get quite confusing if you are in the main page and it automatically takes you to the Talent or Sales portion of it. It would make it less likely to move away from what you don't know.

We are trying to get to the hard to reach C-level people and this allows for that to happen. We still have to do research to make it happen. and if we were allowed to have more space inside of the app to see info that would be great.

LinkedIn Talent review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great for Networking "

What do you like best?

I use LinkedIn Talent to more effectively stay connected with talent. As a recruiter I am always looking to engage with other professionals who are at various stages of their job search. LinkedIn Talent makes it easy to see if someone is actively looking and the types of roles/locations they are targeting. Another feature I enjoy is inmail. I like the fact I can filter opened, unopened, declined, and accepted messages. Having projects and clipboards also makes searching and keeping candidates organized a breeze!

What do you dislike?

The fact you cannot respond to a declined message and that it may decrease visibility of that person in the future. I would also like to be able to delete projects.

Reaching out to candidates that do not post their resume on job boards. It improves the candidate pool greatly.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"LinkedIn Recruiter"

What do you like best?

LinkedIN Recruiter is an easy to navigate, easy to use tool to help find talent. Their search functions are fantastic and it seems as if a large majority of professionals keep their profiles up to date, making it easy to find who you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

It's used by quite a few Recruiters, making it hard to stand out from the crowd at times. Messages have to be quite unique to get through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn Recruiter is a must have item for a Recruiter. There are so many great profiles and is a huge tool when working on a unique position. I use it daily and it is probably the top tool for me when it comes to placements.

I'm utilizing it to source and recruit candidates on a daily basis.

LinkedIn Talent review by Hazel O.
Hazel O.

"LinkedIn Review"

What do you like best?

You can find Top-Rated Companies. Read Reviews and Ratings and browse companies. Showcase your company on companies-reviews.com or Post Review.Unlimited access to content. You can find jobs that would definitely be a fit for you.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much that I don't want in linked. In our company, we are using recruiter's account wherein we have access to almost all of its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend LinkedIn to other search firm coz they can find strong and fit candidates.

I have realized that it is not really hard to get the best fit candidate for every search because LinkedIn can provide all the candidates that you might be looking for.

LinkedIn Talent review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Great for finding passive candidates"

What do you like best?

This is a strong too to build relationships with the candidates. I really like with the new Beta test where job seekers on LinkedIn can select that they are Open To New Opportunities. I love how it helps users find individuals who are currently searching. There are so many ways to enter your Boolean searches that would have taken more time using old school Boolean. love it!

What do you dislike?

Costs a lot for the lack of features. For the amount that is paid there should be more ability to post more jobs, send more in-mail and search. It is overly priced. The search areas are too large, would love to see more locations and smaller search radius' added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have tool for any recruiter, invest in it.

This grows your network and expands the pool of candidates, it is an essential tool for the recruiting industry.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator

"LinkedIn has been an ever changing trash fire. "

What do you like best?

Not much. They charge for everything and don't have any kind of educational support for their obscene and annoying platform changes.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. Even search has become a headache, which was the only thing any recruiter is going to find value in. I'm not sure why they're trying to be Facebook - I don't need or want to be or read your "Influencers" and thought leaders. I need to find and connect with potential candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. Our free usage and permissions have actually faired better with all of their changes. Additionally, if you need to find passive candidates, the reverse search on Indeed has proven insanely useful.

We had hoped it would help to better and more quickly identify top talent, but it's just been another investment of time and money that hasn't panned out.

LinkedIn Talent review by Pradip R.
Pradip R.

"LinkedIn talent to find out the eight talent for the right job"

What do you like best?

The best part of the recruitment solution is the filter criteria. After searching all the active and passive candidates, we can filter out the candidates as per the requirement. We made a whole 6 members team in 2 weeks from the LinkedIn recruitment page.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is high. The pricing should be more flexible as per the company requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The problem of the job sites are, we only see the active users on that site. LinkedIn talent solution provides passive users as well. It is easy to find and talk to users who are probably not looking for an opportunity. However, are interested to grab a better opportunity. Currently, we see the problem in the market is not the not the employment, the problem is employability. LinkedIn talent solution made it easy to find out the appropriate resources for the appropriate job.

For an SAP MII project, we needed one team lead, an architect, and 4 developers. Via LinkedIn Talent solution in two weeks we found an appropriate profile of independent consultants to be fit for the project. We found 12 years experienced architect and team lead, rest of the team members were between 5 to 2 years of experience.

LinkedIn Talent review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Still an essential recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

Access to the widest possible amount of candidates from LinkedIn's database. Plenty of searching filters. Good interface for looking through candidates. Ability to save candidates to projects and mass-InMail.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could see more than 1000 search results, and InMail more than 25 at a time. Needs better integration with ATSs and other tools. Ability to export to a spreadsheet once existed but was taken away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it's the elephant in the room when it comes to recruiting tools, and everyone is searching for the next big thing, I still consider LinkedIn Recruiter to be a necessary tool in any sourcer or recruiter's toolbelt. Pair it with your favorite tools to find email addresses and phone numbers.

Tool for sourcing candidates to make placements

LinkedIn Talent review by User

"Disappointing outcome!"

What do you like best?

I used the linkIn's Talent feature many times and I am sorry to tell you it's disappointing. What really belive the issue is that the software does not understand the domain experience. Meaning - I am a Media Business Analyst and looking to stay in the same domain but the software is keep pitching me jobs from completly different domains.

What do you dislike?

The software does not recognize the difference between a Media and Finance business analyst. They are vastly different and one cannot simply work in other without having an indepth knowledge in that field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it does not work, do not waste your money

It's not solving anything for me. I am very disappointed so far and been paying good money for this feature.

LinkedIn Talent review by Sierra S.
Sierra S.

"LinkedIn Talent Makes Finding Top Talent Easy! "

What do you like best?

Recruiting is my main job duty and LinkedIn Talent has been a game changer! LinkedIn Talent has so many different avenues for finding top talent. They assist you in every way and have a team member assigned to you to help you navigate and capitalize on your membership. I have been especially impressed with the new Beta test where job seekers on LinkedIn can select that they are Open To New Opportunities. This allows recruiters to search only for those that are currently seeking which essentials turns the greatest passive recruiting site into the greatest active recruiting site. Amazing.

What do you dislike?

There haven't been too many issues thus far except a few unclear symbols regarding templates and a couple shortcuts that aren't in place such as the ability to connect with someone automatically who has responded to your inmail and to also easily direct them to connect to your company page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is where you want to put your money.

Recruiting is always at the top of every company's problems and ours is no different. Burn out and turnover are high in our field of Mental Health and this creates an almost constant need for finding top talent. The benefits ive realized through LinkedIn Talents have been the value of branding, how to utilize passive recruiting pools and how to utilize referrals.

LinkedIn Talent review by Jeanne K.
Jeanne K.

"Can't do without it if you want to recruit"

What do you like best?

Ability to access tons of candidate profiles as well as post jobs

What do you dislike?

To get the most value out of the service, you have to pay steeper and steeper prices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that to get the most value out of this service you will need to pay up for a Premium account - likely Recruiter Lite or even Recruiter Pro, a tool available to organizations for multi-user pricing

I don't know how it would be possible to recruit without LinkedIn in this day and age. Great way to source, ID, and get in touch with candidates.

LinkedIn Talent review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"LinkedIn Talent - Recruiting Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the access I have to contact candidates and with the new feature that allows individuals to notify users that they are open to new opportunities I feel that my time is much better utilized reaching out to people who are much more likely to respond to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that LinkedIn Talent is so expensive to utilize. They know they have cornered the recruiting market and charge very high prices.

LinkedIn Talent helps solve the problem of being a lesser known and smaller company that receives fewer inbound applications. Through LinkedIn Talent I am open to reaching out to a huge network of individuals and to spread company and brand awareness to large numbers.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Fast and Easy Way to Connect With Top Talent"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how quickly I connect with a whole network of people with just one click and one connection. I like how I can search by organizations or institutions and find the talent I need and perhaps find connections I was not even aware of. Easy to follow some one's career path and get intel on certain companies. new layout makes it easier for messaging within the application

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are great but they get capped if you are not a full fledged member. need subscription services to reach out to certain people that might not necessarily want to be reached. when looking for top talent, we have to be able to view full profiles and details so that we can actively network

Recommendations to others considering the product

great app/ tool to use to get our hiring needs filled and also a great way to network with other great talent in your field

Easier to find top talent especially through the news feed that draws individuals to seek out more information about our own opportunities. easy to share articles and white papers with other members for quicker collaboration.

LinkedIn Talent review by Kristin K.
Kristin K.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent Solutions provide me with a great talent pool in which to source. Since LinkedIn is a widely used social media tool amongst business professionals, I've found it to be helpful across industries. The search functionality is easy to master, and candidate response rates tend to be good. Lately, I've been happy with the additional search functions added, for example, those looking for freelance/contract work, graduation date, notes search, etc.

What do you dislike?

In the Mailbox, it would be helpful to be able to filter responses or add message chains to folders in order to organize and keep track of responses. I've found that if I have an influx of messages to go through, it's easy to accidentally miss one by reading it and then moving on to the next message. If I was able to flag these or organize them in some way, it would better help me as to not to lose anyone.

I am a corporate recruiter, so LinkedIn is a major tool I use daily in order to attract and hire talent across my organization. I would say that the majority of my hires are sourced through LinkedIn.

LinkedIn Talent review by Candi S.
Candi S.

"Love the accessibility and Ease of Use!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of the software and how you can find all of the applicants information in one location without having to use multiple systems. You can also see all of the applicants details in on location and it is easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the posting process can take a while to post a new position. I also get complaints that when submitting some people tend to have delays to issues and have to try to resubmit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use all options to get the best use

With LinkedIn Talent were able to see all of the applications and applicants in an easy to view platform. It allows us to save time effort and money on our recruiting efforts

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Internet

"My Experience with LinkedIn Talent."

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to search for candidates quickly and share their profiles with colleagues. It was easy to look up talent and made it easy to recruit professionals for hire.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn has had a lot of updates since the beginning of the year. I definitely liked the older version of the LinkedIn talent search that was offered in January/February much better. You used to be able to search by industry size, email address, company name, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the user in mind. Make it easier for us to use and keep up the pace on automation.

We are solving the issue of finding people who have been trying to find employment for a long time. Although it is difficult to determine how frequent a professional updates their profile, the talent portion makes it easy to figure out who is looking for a career.

LinkedIn Talent review by User

"Connect, Hire, Build your team"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent has been a great way to find and connect with talented individuals. Having access to people with diverse skills and backgrounds ensures that my company can hire people that will meet and exceed our expectations. Our hope going forward is to build up our team and be a leader in our industry.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks to using Linkedin Talent is that, if this is the main way that you recruit, then you are probably missing out on hiring younger populations. It could just be my own perception, but I've noticed that tons of recent graduates have accounts that don't have anything listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great when combined with other sources of recruitment. You have access to a range of talent and can improve your company's hiring pool with Linkedin Talent.

I am able to track where candidates end up and which end up at my company. This has been beneficial for producing reports and being accountable.

LinkedIn Talent review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Simple and We'll Designed Tool"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of using LinkedIn Talent is that it takes into account your existing inputs on LinkedIn to minimize the actual data input that is often so extensive and monotonous on most application platforms. Plus, it's more interesting to the reviewer, as it allows an interactive display on which to review potential incoming talent.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of follow-up received from those who do use LinkedIn Talent, even if it would be so much as to know that a listing is no longer available that I learned via notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep on a daily or weekly check of your applications on the site so that you're aware of how many have gone out, the lengths of time since applying, and the best times to follow up with potential future employers.

We're solving the problem of using multiple platforms to update the latest work experience of applicants and applying on an external platform, thereby adding unnecessary time to the applicant and hiring process, and it also thereby cuts the chance for mismatched data or lack of data integrity.

LinkedIn Talent review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Oversaturation of potential "

What do you like best?

The ability to lock down certain skills and the range of relevance is really handy, the level of education isn't important to my business but I still like to have it there to help thin the heard. The pay as you go system also really helps for the size of the business I manage, we only have 8 employees and would only end up hiring one or two at most, linkedin gives me the option to pay for what I use rather then getting locked into a full payment cycle that would damage my return of investment.

What do you dislike?

The building blocky nature of Linkedin limits the amount of personal information I get from a potential employee. A CV that's handwritten can really tell a lot about a person before going forward to the interview stages, having linkedin give me just their qualifications and such makes it much harder to work out whether it is worth pursuing anything. A vast majority of LinkedIn applicants are IT students from personal searching, it's not as easy to find good quality restaurant staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, but if possible try and look for handwritten information to get a good feel for the candidate.

LinkedIn gives me the option to avoid applications from people that refuse to read the requirements, the fact that I can lock down who I want is really the best feature and what pulled me towards it.

LinkedIn Talent review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Helpful Networking Tool"

What do you like best?

LinkedIn Talent has been a great resource for me personally when trying to find someone needed for the job. It's easy to search and a great tool for communication.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to search others' out without them being notified. Some sense of a private search. It would be a better resource if there were more outlets to find potential employees. Also, from the stand point of a job seeker; there is a difficulty to connect with a company if they do not share information on there page. It would be greatly appreciated if there was a minimum amount of information a company has to share on their page for it to be viewed by the public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search out the correct candidate by using filters

I have been able to utilize LinkedIn Talent by seeking out the right candidates for the position. Being able to do research on an individual, and the references to match.

LinkedIn Talent review by Internal Consultant in Pharmaceuticals
Internal Consultant in Pharmaceuticals

"A great solution, if pricey"

What do you like best?

The ability to view all LinkedIn members, with a powerful search/filter tool. The 'open to opportunities' feature is also excellent and effectively qualifies some leads in advance. It's also useful to know which candidates are likely to respond.

I also like how the messaging feature is kept separate from a personal LinkedIn account - it makes it much easier to administrate.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard. It's much better than it used to be, but the projects and clipboard functions could be more intuitive.

I'm not a fan of how it displays a candidate profile - it shows different to the public view and also has a different url so it is less easy to share quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about why you need this tool. If you struggle to identify talent in your market with existing tools, and require external recruiters, then you should absolutely give it a go - one or two hires and the software can pay for itself.

We work in a niche market, and finding qualified people is very difficult. This tool definitely helps us to reduce our requirement for third-party recruiters and opens up a world for us to apply our own strategies to.

It also helps us to advertise to locales that are difficult to access from the UK, such as China, Singapore, New Zealand and the USA.

LinkedIn Talent review by Aixin Z.
Aixin Z.

"LinkedIn Talent really helps us in searching for high-level candidates"

What do you like best?

Firstly, LinkedIn has an impressive database and most of them are the UK, the US and Canada where are exactly our target recruiting market. What's more, the filter works logically for the recruiters and we can also analyze more detailed dimensions related to our marketing. The connections loop helps the recruiter to expand their social hub and those are potentially candidates since most of them are in the same industry.

What do you dislike?

However, the LinkedIn is still growing in China and people there know LinkedIn but it's not their first or even second choice when choosing a platform or a website to find a new job. The market position still cannot be compared to local recruiting website even though LinkedIn has its own differentiation, it still needs more brand cognition. If the website or the recruiting tool is useful depends on the users(customers). If the customers(job seekers)updates their CV and check the message frequently enough, it will make the tool more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are recruiting overseas( especially in the US, Canada and Europe) expertise level, LinkedIn may help you finding suitable candidates and provide basic statistics relating to the recruiting marketing. But it still takes time and sometimes the reply won't be so quickly. Meanwhile, the price maybe relatively expensive.

LinkedIn Talent is our first step when opening new overseas recruiting marketing. We used its database and statistics to do the pre-analysis when we did the recruiting targeting. The social loop helped the recruiter to know and find more peers and candidates specialized in the same industry.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Simple and Integrated to your Every Day Social Media"

What do you like best?

Simple integration into the most valid social media in regards to business networking as well as talent sourcing. This tool cannot be missed!

What do you dislike?

This tool lacks the ability to seamlessly schedule interviews. It is not possible to utilize this tool to execute the full recruitment process. Other top ATS or sourcing services allow you to use one single tool throughout the entire process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this produce as an inexpensive way to access an immense talent pool. You will likely need another ATS or tool to support you throughout the entire recruitment cycle. Incredibly useful for talent sourcing.

My team uses this service for active talent sourcing. We have been able to identify niche talent as well as actively working talent with this service. The ability to identify those that are currently working but that are open to new opportunities are wonderful. This tool also give our team easy access to an immense talent pool.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Not a CMS, but a powerful recruiting tool!"

What do you like best?

Ability to find candidates, as well as communicate with them. Passive candidates (especially!) need an "offline" way to interact with recruiters. I also like that I can share information with my colleagues about candidates and projects.

What do you dislike?

I really wish I could see how recently a person has been active on LI, especially how recently they have updated their profile. Indeed and CareerBuilder offer this. I struggle with the search box for "Who are you looking to hire?" First of all, please use something other than passive voice. Second of all, I am nearly always looking for a certain person, and I want to view them right away -- but the UX recently changed so that it is harder for me to click "View Profile." Clicking anywhere other than over to the far right means I'm going to look for someone *similar* and I can't undo that -- I have to type the person's name all over again! Terrible UX for this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LinkedIn would obviously like this product to be used as an entire CMS, but isn't as robust as other CMS on the market. Carefully consider your options and think about what you really need from this product.

Getting at niche talent, who aren't actively looking for jobs.

LinkedIn Talent review by Agency in Staffing and Recruiting
Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Best way to find available talent "

What do you like best?

The feature I most appreciate is the category of what they are currently looking for. I find that it's the best way to communicate with Candidates looking for jobs right now instead of searching through passive profiles. Knowing they are looking for new full-time opportunities saves my time and energy and yields the quickest responses.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to sort for years of industry experience. I often find Candidates looking for internships when I am looking to fill full time roles.

It would be nice to see if Candidates have actually read my messages or ignored them completely.

Also, I have had difficulty with reminders. I usually set them from the message page but do not have the option to set a date the same way I do on the Candidate page. Additionally, once I have completed a reminder from the pull-down menu, the checkbox often does not remove it from my list of items to-do and it creates some confusion .

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are continuously improving and changing, refining the filters and adding features.

Finding the volume of qualified talent I need to fill available roles. LinkedIn has an enormous amount of talent and InMails are the most direct way to communicate with Talent. I use InMail everyday to connect with Candidates who are looking for jobs now or will be in the near future.

Learning about LinkedIn Talent?

* We monitor all LinkedIn Talent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.