LiquidPlanner

4.0

Project management and time tracking need each other. Even though tracking time can feel like an administrative task with no real value for anyone, it’s an indispensable part of project work. LiquidPlanner gives organizations the only resource-driven project management software. Use it to manage a full portfolio of projects.

Work for LiquidPlanner?

Learning about LiquidPlanner?

LiquidPlanner Reviews

Ask LiquidPlanner a Question
Showing 49 LiquidPlanner reviews
LiquidPlanner review by Vicki L.
Vicki L.

"Great for time tracking and scheduling projects"

What do you like best?

The Gantt chart overviews of the team's workload are very helpful in seeing when a particular team member will be available to work on a project. This helps us schedule new projects and give more realistic estimates of completion time. It's also great to track time in the same place where we schedule projects.

What do you dislike?

There's a big learning curve. It's hard to find things and even our experienced users often have to think for a minute on where something is or how to do something in the tool. It's also a little on the pricey side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To get an overall picture of what your team is working on and when they have availability to take on new project work, nothing is better than LiquidPlanner!

This is the only tool we found that does a good job of accurately representing the "big picture." We use other tools for different things (like task management and project management), but to get an overall snapshot of what people are working on and when they are available to work on new things, Liquid Planner is the best!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LiquidPlanner
LiquidPlanner review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Logging and Tracking Progress of Projects"

What do you like best?

The ability to create multiple tasks in a project folder, assign estimated hours to a project and then share the project with my manager. Keep tracking of users time spent on a particular task or project.

What do you dislike?

The ability to create reports of the data that has been inputted into multiple projects and tasks. Getting down to the checklist level, the ability to report on completion would be great. Mobile needs some work as it lacks a lot of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having issues keeping track of members projects and want to get a clear sense of what they are working on, get this app. Set deadlines and obtain detailed tasks that would be required for the particular project. Tasks, when created and completed by a user, can be emailed to the liquid planner administrator. Assign an ambassador to lead the charge on making sure users are using the app. It could be difficult at first to get those that are hesitant to use and continue to use it. Is it micromanaging? Yes and no, but depends on how you manage it and treat your users. Reward users that use it constantly and show case how their input is making a difference to the organization.

Keeping track of internal users hours being spent on projects. Not knowing how many hours or where someone is on a project, made it difficult to assign new projects without falling behind.Forecasting new projects and ability to estimate a projects time spent.

What Project Management solution do you use?

LiquidPlanner review by Antoine L.
Antoine L.

"Great tool for project management, time tracking and more"

What do you like best?

We’ve been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it.

Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects.

Whether it’s dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We’re using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it’s already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure.

The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way.

Finally, and I think it’s certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

What do you dislike?

As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the help resources.

At Potion, we help small companies create and manage their online community of customers. They can do it on Facebook but they don’t own the data and have a very limited reach (usually less than 5% of their fan base actually sees what they post). On Potion, they create their own fully branded community, they own their data and have a 100% reach.

LiquidPlanner review by Kendra W.
Kendra W.

"LiquidPlanner"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to keep everything together. We have multiple people working on the same project, and it helps that there is one place to keep track of all of the documents and multimedia that goes with each project.

What do you dislike?

The emails are strange. They are infrequent. Sometimes I go days without getting them, sometimes I get a deluge. Also, it's strange that they have you reply via email and then it shows up in the chat.

We solve the communication problem of not knowing who is working on what. We solve the issue of having different pieces of a project in different places. We see the benefit of everyone being able to see the latest version of the project.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Powerful tool if in the right hands"

What do you like best?

LiquidPlanner truly is the best way to capture both the most minute details and the most important big picture aspects of a project. One of its biggest strengths allowing all project contributors to log time on a task by task basis, then summarizing that work output in customizable, easy to understand dashboards for management to make decisions off of.

What do you dislike?

It does take some time to learn. Some of the less tech-savvy members of my company continue to have issues using it, even though we have been phasing it in for about 6 months. Probably the biggest drawback is that, at least for my company, anyone can reorder or rename a project. This is a big deal for us, because each box under the "All Projects" tab corresponds to a different engineering R&D project. The order of these determines the allocation of resources, so that order makes a big difference in which projects get priority. To my knowledge, there is nothing stopping any user from manually reordering that list. It would get corrected immediately, of course, but that power is disturbing. Plus, anyone can rename any project. A colleague of mine accidentally renamed one of the R&D projects to his domain login password! He did not realize his error until someone else in the company brought it to his attention half an hour later. Anyways, this seems to indicate that LiquidPlanners biggest strenghths (user empowerment, flexibility, customizability) can also be its biggest risks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an LP Administrator. Even on a medium scale, the switchover and implementation will not go smoothly without someone shepherding that process

Solves the problem of prioritizing R&D projects and allocating company resources based on that priority. Brings all the resource groups (design team, machining center, lab testing etc.) together to work off of one priority list

LiquidPlanner review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Project Management software for projects with large teams and task lists"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive project management software for large teams or large scope projects, Liquid Planner makes communication record between individual team members accessible to others on the team who want to keep up with changes. Task Management lists assigned to individual people are easy to update or move out deadlines. Links to project documents are easy to attach and send via email so team can use same version in project documents without everyone downloading copies to their own computer and having outdated materials.

What do you dislike?

Liquid Planner is not that easy to use at first -- using the flowcharting takes some time and experience to learn. This software is for the professional project manager with a complicated large scope, large dollar value project which is where it is worthwhile to learn the expertise required to make the most of it's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend some significant time up front learning how to use this project management software.

Liquid Planner was used as an alternative to SharePoint for a larger team of people from multiple departments. However there needs to be expertise in using Liquid Planner and some training before it can be used. There are on line tutorials the company provides which all team members need to make use of the different features.

LiquidPlanner review by User

"Liquid Planner is great for tracking time and project plans"

What do you like best?

Liquid planner allows me to easily keep track of the projects I am working on and track my time against tasks I complete. The ability to add a custom field to track the current state of tasks further enhances the granularity and detail of the reporting.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little cumbersome sometimes I feel. I still haven't figured out how to work well out of the Timesheet view and work mainly in the projects view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you think about how you want to structure your projects and how you need to report on time to ensure you configure your LP account correctly. We have had to adjust that a few times which makes reporting a little harder.

LP allows my organization to accurately keep track of billable time and ensure projects are on schedule. It has improved our time management and tracking.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A great project management and scheduling platform"

What do you like best?

Liquid Planner has so many built-in capabilities. I personally like the way I can create tasks for a project, assign them to resources, and immediately see the completion date. I can set deadlines on tasks or folders and see where there might be problems in the timeline. I also use this software for its timesheet capabilities. It is easy to see how much time has been logged against a task and if that is over or under the estimate. Liquid Planner has a great support team that we have leveraged as well.

What do you dislike?

One thing I disliked most was the inability to understand what was causing risk on a particular project or individual task. However Liquid Planner just came out with a release that highlights exactly what I was looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great support team. If you have any questions, they are very helpful and truly listen to any problems you are having.

Wow, I can't even imagine my daily work without Liquid Planner. We schedule all of our work in Liquid Planner and track all of our time there. We have tried a few other project management platforms and time tracking software but this one is the best all-around option by far. I love having everything I need in one place.

LiquidPlanner review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Good Product - Mandates you work like it thinks you should "

What do you like best?

Perhaps unironically, what is the best and the worst part of LiquidPlanner is is rigid adherence to it's method of tracking and reporting on projects. I started using LiquidPlanner in an environment where I was trying to get everyone moving in the same general direction from an disorganized mess of project management -- and move us out of spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

The rigidity of the system is both it's strength and it's weakness. If you can completely commit to the LiquidPlanner way of life, it works wonderfully and does all of these amazing things. However, it's a little bit of a situation where if you don't have the whole system running, you are missing out on some really nice features - like estimated end dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have to rethink your project lifecycle flow and make it match better into the LiquidPlanner project view. Managing billing rates and pay rates can be a little un-intutive, but not *too* bad once you understand the table.

The UI looks slick, but can be pretty busy and very confusing if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

Customization (like adding additional fields, different ways of handling time-tracking / completion projects) is a little limited.

Project Management tasks suchs as project accounting, resourcing, and overall project tracking where handled through a series of 10-15 spreadsheets -- LiquidPlanner has allowed us to boil that down to just one or two (to make up for the lackluster reporting functionality). Overall, LiquidPlanner has been a huge net positive for us, but their rigidity in their way of doing things with little meaningful customization available has somewhat stalled our roll out.

LiquidPlanner review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Useful, but definitely has a learning curve!"

What do you like best?

I like that Liquid planner has multiple folders where you can store different information, and keep track of projects. You can also have as many users on each task and have ability to assign to someone, which I think is the most important, so you can see who is the last one on the assignment.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit too complicated, and needs to be simplified. I see that there are lots of steps and you can definitely achieve a lot with Liquid Planner. But in our company's case, I think if it can be toned down, it will be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that there is definitely a learning curve, so it might take some time to get used to before fully utilizing all the features that liquid planner comes with.

We are trying to be more organized and efficient. We had a lack of communication between the departments, but after using Liquid Planner and having everyone on the software, it definitely makes everything more cohesive.

LiquidPlanner review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Slightly Overwhelming, Ultimately Comprehensive "

What do you like best?

Provides comprehensive time tracking for small to large projects for unlimited numbers of clients, with good reporting visuals as well as full spreadsheet exports.

What do you dislike?

Despite the designers best attempts, it can be pretty overwhelming when working with a large number of projects. It's perhaps best when focused on three or four projects at once, rather than working on a wide range of on-going projects and tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to follow their examples when first setting up projects, rather than thinking you can wing it and find your own way. If tracking a lot of time, be sure to add the 'My Timers' column to your view for quick starting-and-stopping of the timer in the projects list. Be aware that the view may reset with each new update from LiquidPlanner's developers!

LiquidPlanner allows us to report on how much time our team are spending with each of our internal 'clients', and gives us some good visuals to ensure we're providing each client with a fairly balanced amount of labour each month.

LiquidPlanner review by Mike T.
Mike T.

"Average Planner, not built for K-12"

What do you like best?

The program has the ability to track your work, if your work is done in it. The way we use it in our department is a centralized place for teachers to send a support ticket.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are clunky at best, you can't search by tags. You can't send email's from the system so the follow-up get's lost if the person doesn't reply on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know what you are looking for in a planner/tracking system.

As of right now we use it as a ticketing system. If used well it can be a centralized place to track support.

"LiquidPlanner Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy LiquidPlanner overall. I like the project management and time tracking combination that this program has to offer. My team uses this heavily to track projects as well as our time. We can input the amount of time spent on projects/tasks as well as updates on the progress. I also like how you can upload files related to each project. This really helps us with organizing.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about LiquidPlanner. Thus far I've had all positive experience with it and can't say anything negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

10/10 would recommend this product. I believe it could be very useful in many industries, but I can definitely see the benefits in the marketing worlds.

We are solving any issues related to project management and time tracking. I've noticed benefits with both of those purposes. There are also other benefits to the program. If I have questions about a project i'm not specifically working on, I can go to another user's projects and see where it stands.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Liquid Planner- Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it is easy to organize and create major projects with subfolders under. We use Liquid Planner in our meetings to go through each project and give updates. I enjoy how you can not only document projects and stages of each, but also track your time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about the product. One thing that is a bit bothersome is it can be a bit confusing. There are many categories and a lot to read when you create a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend!

Business problems include organization. LiquidPlanner is very beneficial to companies, especially those in the Marketing industry. You can keep track of what you are doing, and so can your coworkers.

LiquidPlanner review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Simple to use once you get used to it"

What do you like best?

It's great for keeping track of tasks and projects, that's mainly what I use it for. Also like the ability to upload documents to a central place for everyone to review.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve was pretty steep. I know they have tutorials and whatnot, but even with those it took a few months to really get the hang of it. Even now though, I'd say we still aren't using it to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to use it, invest the time to learn it to get the most from it. It may seem complicated and a lot to take in at once, but once you digest all the things you can do, I actually find it fairly intuitive. I typically find that commands and options I perform do exactly as I expect them to.

Project tracking and most recently work hour tracking. It has made our work flow more efficient and helped with collaboration.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Useful for project management, although I don't take advantage of all the features"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily direct comments to specific people. However, you are able to keep all comments in a specific place so that it is easily searchable and you can look through the history, as opposed to an email chain, in which certain emails might not be accessible to all. I also like that things are organized by project, so that it makes it easier when you need to go back and look for an old comment or project.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a little too restrictive. If I want to search for XX-11 but I'm not sure whether it is "XX 11" or "XX-11", searching for "11" will not find "XX-11". You have to know to search for *11.

We use this software to list out projects and specific project tasks. It has allowed us to delegate tasks to specific people, and keep track of tasks that need to be done. We do not use the time management parts of the software.

LiquidPlanner review by Jacobo G.
Jacobo G.

"The best project management software for collaborative and multiproject companies ever "

What do you like best?

We are an ecommerce agency in charge of website creation and marketing optimization focus in ROI.

Liquid Planner has been awesome for us, it allow us having closer and realistic deadlines in our projects .Thanks to “My work” characteristic, it has become an assistant to every team member in the production department and it has helped us to decrease our stress level in our agency, making us have clear deadlines dates and calculating the remaining effort of our projects.

And thats not it, constantly Liquid Planner has made constant software optimizations and that has made us feel safe and protected in our company growth

We are a multiproject and collaborative company and Liquid Planner has been perfect for our ideologies.

What do you dislike?

Liquid Planner has help us a lot and we got nothing but appreciation for the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentationfirst before using it, liquidplanner has a complete new way to project management and its awesome!

It allow us having closer and realistic deadlines in our projects .Thanks to “My work” characteristic, it has become an assistant to every team member in the production department and it has helped us to decrease our stress level in our agency, making us have clear deadlines dates and calculating the remaining effort of our projects.

LiquidPlanner review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Robust Software, Not Always User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Calendar features allows users to see, at a glance, what projects they're scheduled for on which days. Makes advance planning a breeze.

System to clearly identify projects that will not be completed by deadline is helpful for realigning staff and project timelines.

What do you dislike?

No repeating task feature. Often our tasks are repeated daily, weekly, monthly, etc. and each has to be created uniquely. These types of repeating tasks do not work well with what they have suggested as a work-around: the "Events" feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of the learning curve.

Project management for busy firm with many clients, teams, obligations and varied deadlines. LiquidPlanner has allowed us to more quickly prioritize project timelines and establish realistic deadline estimates.

LiquidPlanner review by Derek B.
Derek B.

"LiquidPlanner saves times and helps us organize."

What do you like best?

The best feature in LiquidPlanner is the ability to customize our setup to meet our needs. Many tools try to dictate a workflow but LiquidPlanner works well within our current workflow without tedious or complicated configurations.

What do you dislike?

I wish that LiquidPlanner had support for project management style documents like project charters and feature specifications. I would also like a higher level project view that gave an indication of all projects currently underway, who was assigned, and how long the project schedule is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible tool that can conform to your desired way of working and not the other way around, then LiquidPlanner is worth looking into.

We would like to easily organize tasks across multiple projects and stakeholders. With LiquidPlanner we can see scheduling for all developers regardless of the project or system they are working on. We can also easily drill down to the tasks we are currently working on to see what needs to be done and what is completed and how long it was worked on.

LiquidPlanner review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Great for my purposes"

What do you like best?

Fulfills my needs as a software developer, has concise functionality without being bloated. The card view and multiple owners is a great addition.

What do you dislike?

Changes to your policy that require that you have at least 10 users means that I can no longer refer your product to other people. Historically, I've brought 4 different companies on board with your product, but since they want to start out with a small user base and expand as they use it, they are unwilling to get off the ground with the product. Can't you be a little more creative about how you handle product attrition?

Otherwise, my largest complaint is the requirement to refresh all of the time. Many modern applications update in real time using signalR or angular.js, liquidplanner is starting to feel a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch all of the training videos, you'll be surprised at what it can do.

Project management, time tracking, project scheduling and projecting, task delegation.

LiquidPlanner review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Dialed in on so many fronts, lackluster on others"

What do you like best?

The reporting. LP's reporting is head and shoulders above the rest. The reports are easy to make and provide a great tool for sifting through data.

I also like the way the projects are presented. Too many of the competitors make it hard to get a good look at many projects at once. With the LP tree structure I am able to get a feel for where each project stands with just a quick glance.

Other features I like are:

Timesheet exports are great.

Custom fields.

Customize-able columns.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling is way too cumbersome. We dont even use it. I understand the intent and think it's quite nice, but it just takes too much management to setup the schedule so it provides any value. We still use a Google doc for our scheduling.

Multiple owners has proven problematic for us. It was better before. The biggest problem is that if one person logs time to a task it doesnt reduce the overall effort. In theory, it's fine because everyone would be updating remaining efforts but it just doesnt work in the real world.

We need much more granular permissions. I'd like to be able to restrict people from setting activities, moving things, running specific reports, setting fields, etc. For our purposes, LP seems to only have two levels of permissions.

We desperately need daily timesheet submission. The way it's setup right now we have no way of knowing if people logged their time day to day. It also makes end of the month reconciliation extremely difficult.

The portals were not a success for us. We tried getting rid of Basecamp and using portals but it did not work out well.

We really need the ability to have custom fields that arent just dropdowns. Doesnt make a lot of sense to not have that ability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty good product overall. If you need reporting, it's a great tool.

It's not a replacement for all of your tools though.

I love LP and tell a lot of people about it but it has it's shortcomings.

The ability for everyone to see where each project stands at any given moment has been extremely valuable.

Our company digs deep into our numbers and we wouldnt be able to do that with other systems.

LiquidPlanner review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Useful tool that is close to becoming vital to our organisation"

What do you like best?

Being able to associate tasks to separate packages and for checklist items to be able to be associated to different team members on a task by task basis. It is is also useful to be able to add notes and associate files with an individual task.

What do you dislike?

On bulk uploading multiple tasks in the single line window, you can't add in more data. eg. Max efforts, expected activity, etc. Excel upload of data is very buggy and doesn't offer much feedback on data issues. It would be great if you could set different team members' work piles to be separate of one another if required so that it doesn't affect one another's time frame or schedule. It would be great if this could be integrated with Google Calendar as well.

The ability to get a picture of resources and who in the team is putting in the most hours to measure performance. The company is also benefiting from working to best case scenario timings as opposed to working within a rough budget. From the data in LP we can then revise our budgets for work and amend how we price a project.

LiquidPlanner review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Great for Project Management, not so much for Marketing"

What do you like best?

Great way to duplicate tasks and see projects from an overview standpoint as a project manager.

What do you dislike?

From a marketer standpoint, it's difficult to keep track of the tasks, there isn't an easy way to see tasks listed out. Also the way it shows priority items is different from other platforms. The learning curve for this product is quite high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn about the product and once you actually get the product, watch all tutorials and learn as much as possible. 'Done' vs 'Deleting' is one of the things to look out for.

We ended up switching our Marketing team off of Liquid Planner to something more task based.

It's great to bring together the different teams on a company such as the graphic/web/marketing teams.

LiquidPlanner review by Brett D.
Brett D.

"The Best Project Management Tool. Period."

What do you like best?

The staff went to extraordinary lengths to address some issues I had with Liquid Planner. I can recommend them or their product highly enough.

What do you dislike?

The UI could do with a slight improvement, looks slightly dated but this does not affect its kick-ass performance!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage projects that change and that are dynamic. Liquid Planner should be your go-to software!

The Gantt chart algorithm is perfect for giving a high-level overview of all projects I am maintaining at one time.

LiquidPlanner review by Courtney J.
Courtney J.

"Applications Program Manager"

What do you like best?

Not sure where to start, but definitely the UI, the access to the "back-end" with a front-end. Easy access and quick time tracking capabilities. It's quick and easy interface allows you to jump in and start playing immediately. The analytics is real-time, easy and robust. I could keep going! Their Cust Support is amazing and I have a great relationship with the CEO. It's great to have a successful company still be so personal touch.

What do you dislike?

That you can't require fields, inability to see "notifications" in the UI or from the "projects" view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit robust for super small teams, but still worth it if you have the funding.

Templatized workflow, conflicting resources, time tracking, Reporting. Where all our time is going is amazing to realize and we are already making workflow changes because of the data.

LiquidPlanner review by Ashlie A.
Ashlie A.

"Great tool for managing time for yourself and for your employees. "

What do you like best?

Liquid Planner is very easy to use and manage.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I currently dislike about Liquid Planner.

Liquid Planner helps to keep me accountable for my time and projects.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Designed to Fit Your Needs"

What do you like best?

Anytime we thought we might want to find a new product to suit our needs we spoke to an agent with LP. Every time we contacted the company they showed us different functionality that we could integrate and grow our LP involvement.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive for the amount of work we had to put into using it. It's not as intuitive as other products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to a representative before you discount the product. I guarantee it does what you need, it's just a matter of finding that out.

Our marketing/creative team is using LP as a project management and agile tool.

LiquidPlanner review by Nerissa Z.
Nerissa Z.

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy rescheduling and time estimating (having a range is so much more like life than a set time).

What do you dislike?

Analytics needs a lot of work. To export timesheets, you have to reset your search constantly instead of saving most-used searches. It should also show totals on the timesheet page so you don't have to export the data just to tally someone's totals for billing.

Also it would be great to get better budgeting tools integrated so you can see (easily) in real time how much of your budget you've used without having to run a separate report. It should be visible to admins/owners somewhere on the projects page or a dashboard widget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider cost carefully.

Working with multiple subs outside the office is easy with LP.

LiquidPlanner review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"A slow product end-users don't really want to use"

What do you like best?

Ability to add many tasks at once. Checklists. Linking Dropbox files. Reporting. Quick overview of the week.

What do you dislike?

- links are not auto-linked

- editing comments breaks lines

- too slow

- going back in time is difficult (what changes did we make to the product in May 2013?)

- replies from emails include signature images

- no ability to create recurring tasks or tasks that have a fixed time (ex. meeting with a client)

- having to select a project, then going back to select a projet folder

- breadcrumbs (project folder and priority) are not clickable. The arrow buttom isn't as flexible.

- the team I supervise write down their times on paper and transfer the hours to LP at the end of the day. One uses Google calendar to keep track of his time.

- Notes and Brief are hidden. We asks the team to write a checklist "see note" when there's one.

- Mobile app needs to be simplified and do a much better job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into Slack

We are a web developpement agency working with hundreds of clients. We use LP for production planning and communication.

Reports are useful.

LiquidPlanner review by Gisle Johan T.
Gisle Johan T.

"Good product, lacks intuivite"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to get automated schedules based on people's estimates. Adding the dashboard was great, and I am looking forward to trying the scrum features.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as it should be for regular users. So while I have become an expert on how to use the tool, most of the people I manage are still struggling and making mistakes. A lot of them only use "My work" for example, which causes them to lack greater perspective of the projects they're involved in.

And my main pet peeve: it is not possible to export original estimates in any way. Yes, I can set a baseline date, but for 60+ projects that's not very convenient. Also there seem to be no good way to notify me about changes in estimates, even though I follow the whole workspace.

Scheduling. keeping track of budgets and creating estiamtes.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"dynamic and helpful but designed for project managers, not for all end users"

What do you like best?

LiquidPlanner appears to have every capability a project manager would need in creating discrete tasks, dependencies, time estimates, and parent categories for task-based, measurable projects. The UI allows for granularity with nests and tree branches of related and contingent factors. It has several layout types and more functions and features than is apparent at first glance.

What do you dislike?

The very strengths I've noted are perfect for detail-oriented people obsessed with analytics such as project managers but are not so intuitive for employees who are not hard-wired in their brains the same way. Several editors, writers, artists, and software engineers have told me they are challenged when interfacing with LiquidPlanner and understanding and utilizing all its features, since those very powerful features do not resemble their workplace skills and knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only provide LiquidPlanner to project managers, finance personnel, and members of business development for forecasting. It is extremely left-brained in UX. It is not a great tool for right-brained creative innovators in writing, art, design, or software development.

I am not in a role at my company in which I plan projects with LiquidPlanner. I am merely required to log my task time in it, so I cannot answer this accurately.

LiquidPlanner review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Agile Project Management Solution "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have ranged estimates rather that single point estimates for tasks. There are also robust analytics and dashboard capabilities with new features being added regularly.

It also supports a variety of project management styles, both waterfall and agile, though it is better optimized for agile. It also has a variety of views which are useful across role-types, including a card view, a project view, a list/work view.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard capacity is not sufficiently robust right now to meet all C-level visibility needs.

The mobile app allows for some time tracking but is not fully featured. It is designed for workers to track time and comment, but is not good for managers, or project plan manipulation. You cannot rearrange tasks, etc, from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LiquidPlanner is good for smaller companies who need an integrated time and project management solution. Probably ideal for software companies or professional services firms since it allows the tracking of billable and non-billable time.

We needed a project management and timekeeping software to allow us to track client-facing and internal project work. It has streamlined timekeeping, and by combining timekeeping with project management, allowed us to keep more project data in a single place

LiquidPlanner review by Katherine C. M.
Katherine C. M.

"Fully Featured, Expensive"

What do you like best?

This tool covered everything we needed and more - time tracking, reporting, templates for projects, multiple views, collaboration, visibility into peers and directs work.

What do you dislike?

Really a great tool, I understand it was quite expensive (~$50/user/month?) - so that seems like an anomaly amongst other seemingly comparable solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very fully featured, but quite expensive.

Great visibility into time spent on processes. Tracking, reporting to managers, etc. Simple process.

LiquidPlanner review by Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.

"Company help fix problems we had "

What do you like best?

The drop and drag of priorities and the ability to email tasks. the Customer Care team helped resolve our issues for the concerns we had after the purchase of the product

What do you dislike?

to be honest the program did not quite work the way we needed, this would be a great product for research and design teams.

n/a

LiquidPlanner review by User

"Liquid Planner is subpar."

What do you like best?

The only thing I like is being able to see recent uploads from other users.

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive and there's no active calendar activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish they had an active calendar to place tasks and projects in.

Project managing and prioritizing tasks.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Liquid planner"

What do you like best?

Enables quick view tracking and in depth report analysis.

What do you dislike?

At times slow over a Virtual private network

Multi device access let’s me do work on the go or on the move. Simple intuitive UI design makes seeing tasks easy. To stay informed.

LiquidPlanner review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"LP has revolutionised our programme management capabilities."

What do you like best?

Resource planning across multiple projects, with the ability to make daily adjustments to priorities. Stop problems before they occur with flagged items.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not as flexible as we would like. We have to work around the constraints of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best/Worst estimate is a powerful tool, particularly with shared resources.

We run over 20 projects at a time, with some resources working on 5 or more projects simultaneously. LP helps us understand when projects are in trouble, a long time ahead. It helps our project managers be more organised. We can react to customer requirements and be better informed and in control.

LiquidPlanner review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

Straight forward to get started, most actions are easy to take and the display is clear to the user.

What do you dislike?

The delay between changes and the server catching up is not ideal, group changes and cloning of items in the planner could use some further refinement, simple access breakdowns for people or time ranges would be a plus.

We are using Liquid Planner to manage the various projects being worked on. It allows us to clear express to the teams in the company what priorities are, what progress is being made and when milestones are expected to be hit.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"A very good tool with great features"

What do you like best?

Rich tracking and resource management. Unique dynamic features. Drag-and-drop simplicity. Responsive site.

What do you dislike?

The product is expensive and there is a big of a steep learning curve.

LiquidPlanner’s knowledge base is easily the best example of a searchable support database I have seen. It is vast, thorough, and the search function works beautifully. I wish other companies had such a well-functioning system: it makes my job easier!

LiquidPlanner review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Liquid Planner makes it easier to review timelines quickly."

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use and user friendly. Reporting is easy also.

What do you dislike?

There are really not any features that I specifically dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use system that really helps with managing projects and resources.

Organizing resources and gaining enhanced visibility into the ability to meet project timelines.

LiquidPlanner review by Charley P.
Charley P.

"Really happy with LP"

What do you like best?

- The flexibility of LP

- Good summary

What do you dislike?

- The possibilities with 1 task && more colleagues - not possible to pack in different packages

Webshops / IT

We make webshops. So the whole process we manage in LP

LiquidPlanner review by User in Information Technology and Services

"This product helps us get a conceptual progress of projects"

What do you like best?

It helps us to plan daily work by sending alerts on project we are allocated day to day. and also warn us of project going off tract

What do you dislike?

may be some validation is missing for example i can by mistake put 25hr for monday instead of typing 2.5 this is not validated ( <24hr )

I am Software engineer i work according to assigned tasks, this has help me organize my work

LiquidPlanner review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"One of the best project management tools I have used"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the views, how you can package things in tasks, and the timeline view. This makes for easy project management and allows you to manage things like scope creep.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much I dislike. The only thing I can currently think of is not being able to run 2 timers at the same time.

Using a tool like this is really helpful when your doing software development.

LiquidPlanner review by Bennet O.
Bennet O.

"Great tool and so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the interface is very clean and modern and the learning curve is very small.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything about the product but it is sometimes difficult to get proper estimates if your team is not consistently making updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not just about the tool! It's about a culture shift!

Trying to keep projects on time and determine how much time we are sinking into projects.

LiquidPlanner review by Irina F.
Irina F.

"I work to route projects through my agency. "

What do you like best?

I like the idea that I can track the jobs from start to finish.

What do you dislike?

The filter system. It does not include everything I need.

We are solving efficiency problems.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A bit overwhelming at first but helpful."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that my tasks are listed out and scheduled for me with at least some degree of accuracy. This is much more efficient that with pencil and paper.

What do you dislike?

Estimating my own time for lengthy projects is not an easy task and is rarely accurate.

This software helps us to organize our tasks by type of task and by priority level.

LiquidPlanner review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Lead Developer"

What do you like best?

Tasks can be kept in a project organized by type of task, and then linked in another project used as a sprint.

Tasks can be shared among developers.

What do you dislike?

Updated information is not immediately displayed, but a button "schedule ready" must be clicked

We use this to record our scrums

LiquidPlanner review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage a variety of tasks for different clients in one place

What do you dislike?

The speed at which comments come through (alerts to new comments are often slow to appear in 'my comments')

Collaborative project management

LiquidPlanner review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"My experience in LP"

What do you like best?

The assignation of the task are very simple and efective.

What do you dislike?

Some items are difficult to see and prove.

We have a lot of benefits in relationchip with the order and planification.

Learning about LiquidPlanner?

* We monitor all LiquidPlanner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.