Lithium Communities

Transform your website into a social destination. Harness customer passion and knowledge to attract new visitors, crowdsource support and grow revenue. Lithium Communities help customers create better, more valuable digital customer experiences that give them a leg up on their competition.

Work for Lithium Communities?

Learning about Lithium Communities?

Lithium Communities Reviews

Ask Lithium Communities a Question
Showing 47 Lithium Communities reviews
Lithium Communities review by Stephen F.
Stephen F.

"A solid platform you won’t regret purchasing"

What do you like best?

The lithium platform is super scalable and in the 8 years I’ve been using it has had almost zero downtime, I honestly think this is it’s biggest selling point. Straight out the box the platform is ready to use however with customisation you can build a unique an on-brand experience. The platform has a number of interaction styles in addition to forums such as blogs, TKB and Ideas. Combining all of these within your site is a sure fire way to deliver a much richer experience.

What do you dislike?

In general, I’m very happy with the tool, hence my eight years usage however I do think the site search could be improved to offer more back end features allowing you to exclude, promote and to a degree influence the ranking of results. Some of this can be achieved with, however, that comes at a cost.

The platform has allowed us to consolidate much of the tech we had delivering our support sites whilst allowing us to maximise contact deflection from our community site.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lithium Communities
Lithium Communities review by Allison F.
Allison F.

"Is Lithium right for you?"

What do you like best?

Configurability. There are so many tools, features and functions, that you can easily customize your community to meet your industry needs.

Ease of use. Out of the box both users and admins can easily begin using the Community, but it also offers more technical options, and training for everything.

SEO. The entire Community is built for optimization, tags, labels, the ability to create custom search, titles, text & canonical URLs.

What do you dislike?

Overall I am very satisfied, as with any tool there is always room from improvement or change, every company has specific needs, so these are a couple of things that would benefit me.

Search. The internal search tool works good, but there is room for improvement. Lithium is currently working on enhancements, so I am looking forward to the new changes.

Surveys. They have a great survey tool, but I would love to see an enhancement that would allow agents/community managers to respond to customer survey responses. This is probably an industry thing, but our customers tend to use the survey tool as a complaint box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been very impressed with the enhancements and forward thinking features that Lithium is working on, it aligns to my strategy and where I see Social Care evolving to over the next few years.

The online Communities have had nothing but positive impacts on ROI. We have seen significant increases in Visits, Call Deflection, Engagement, Self-Service. Originally we started out using Lithium Communities, with our prepaid brands Boost & Virgin, after a very successful launch, we made the decision to move our 12 year old Sprint Community, over to Lithium. Initially the primary purpose for all Communities was call deflection. More recently we have begun to use it to improve our customer experience. If you would like more detail, please read about our Social Support success on the Lithium Community at https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Lithy-Awards-2018/Lithys-2018-Sprint-Social-Support-Champion/cns-p/489438

What Online Community Management solution do you use?

Lithium Communities review by Kate F.
Kate F.

"An intuitive platform for any industry"

What do you like best?

The ongoing innovation and scalability of the platform, as well as the way all the customers work together to help each other where they can - it's a truly unique way of working.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to do something, but the good thing is there is an immense customer support community as well as excellent case management support by Lithium for all their customers, big or small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact Lithium, ask for a demo and discuss all your needs with them. Be upfront, they don't bite and they may have solutions for your community that you may not even have considered prior. Community is what they do.

Provides a safe platform for our members to connect and support each other. It complements existing information and support services outside of business hours, connecting people with each other in real time, regardless of when they seek support or information.

Lithium Communities review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"Social Media made easy"

What do you like best?

Lithium's ability to find, create and completely immerse you in the any social media platform. Making it easy to connect with customers and effectively track customer data to give you the leading edge on how to approach your next big business move.

What do you dislike?

Visual representation of data could be easier to sort and file through. I find it a bit over whelming at times and would like a way to simple it to its most direct views.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I see it as a win win. Great product. Been using it for almost a year, and I've seen tactile improvements in customer communication. The program allows me track who, when and how often I'm getting hits. So I can tailor my marketing strategies for each of my platforms based on my customer.

I makes it easier to determine a customer that should be directly approach in ads. while finding others that need to be more indirect.

Lithium Communities review by Akshay J.
Akshay J.

"Lithium provides a platform for Social Media Engagement"

What do you like best?

What I really like about Lithium is that the real time dashboard is simply superb and is capable of providing information on social media communities in the form of graphs, sentiments, quotes, and mentions. It helps in identifying the top and popular influencers along with their particular sector. Feature for analysis for finding the frequent words has allowed me to follow or assess the most popular topics and trends which have emerged in the social media.

It will show up all the significant information foremost because of its facility for term search which automatically provides the weighted feedback for the required phrases related to our business needs.

What do you dislike?

I feel that having customization for the product seems to be a little difficult as I can’t find much documentation for doing so. Also the product price will increase when you need extra features to be included in your pricing plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is a product which can be customized as per your own needs, it is eventually a good option to post directly to any particular users or section.

I am using it to increase the social media community and look for particular section of users. It has helped me in managing the social media interactions and information across various services in our business.

Lithium Communities review by Shahrukh N.
Shahrukh N.

"The power of web framework"

What do you like best?

I think the most prominent aspect of Lithium is the ability to have instant response, at any given day or night time. As the server tends to run 24/7. I deeply enjoy the direct connection through social channels which gives me the ability to see a general overview of my whole network.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the boost loyalty aspect of it. To me, I honestly like to build a self made network rather than giving a third party access to my following. I like to perceive a better usage by putting in my strategies rather than having someone else do it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it especially in terms of operations management. It's a great software that can be used for various other parts.

I was facing problems on how to control the managing aspect of online communities. Also in terms of media management. this application was so beauteous, because the features allowed me to get a better idea in terms of switching over for my personal usage.

Lithium Communities review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"it's got kinks to work out, but it's the most commonly used community management platform"

What do you like best?

I like that it feels more like a community, a more modern feel than a '90s forum-type experience, with some elements that are familiar to customers from things like Facebook and other social media platforms.

What do you dislike?

We use a customized version of it, so our experience may be different, but there are lots of inconsistencies and difficulties that don't make sense. Two users with the same email address? It's always tricky to change or remove one. Things like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good platform but make sure it has what you need out of the box.

We run a IT Pro community on Lithium for Microsoft.

Lithium Communities review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"A complete community experience"

What do you like best?

Great integration between forums and knowledge base. You can easily turn a great forum post into a KB article that helps the community forever. There are also a lot of great features like accepting an answer as a solution, giving out kudos, and things like badges.

Lithium lets you leverage your community to easily crowd source supplemental support and guides for your other users.

What do you dislike?

There are less expensive solutions for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a look.

If you don't host your own forums/KB/wiki, your community will either do it for you in a place you can't control and some users will never find/trust, or your community will be too small to even matter.

Lithium is a great package that gives you all the tools you need to build a community. Rather than having long forum threads where a question is asked at the start and then maybe answered 20 of 30 pages in and never found again, you can mark that post as a solution and anyone else that finds the thread can jump right there. If someone posts a good guide, or even something close, it can be turned into a Knowledge Base article for everyone. If someone is just helpful, you can give them a bit of kudos to know they are appreciated.

You can also set who is able to do a lot of that stuff, whether just the general community or specific community managers or what.

Lithium Communities review by Karan G.
Karan G.

"An Excellent Customer support solution"

What do you like best?

Lithium provides many features, which is easy to use, easily understandable, and excellence of implementation. It is a good product, which allows the customer to customize according to their need.

In addition to this, Lithium Team is hard working who are pro-actively available for their customers to provide a required clarification or help.

What do you dislike?

We have to pay for some good quality but it is expensive according to the features available in this tool. However, I didn’t find any flaw in this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for big as well as small companies that are looking to enhance their customer service efforts in social media.

I have used it for both internal and external communities, it has a good performance. As, it helps to keep collaborative piece of information in one place.

In addition to this, it gives the chance to learn from other people regarding the challenges or problems faced in making a successful career.

Lithium Communities review by Sara Luisa H.
Sara Luisa H.

"Very good community building"

What do you like best?

I love that it seamlessly incorporates social and community building on websites. It really connects the consumer with other like minded consumers and tries to build awareness, discussion and information around the product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the name. Lithium, but other than that I do not dislike a thing. The only thing I would change is the easiness of use. Figuring out the product is not fun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to turn a user base into evangelist consumers with true and unmoderated conversation, this is for you!

Turning brands into topics is the most important part of using Lithium. I absolutely thing that is the most important part of the product. Other than that is the easiness of communications and replying to the consumer.

Lithium Communities review by Clément B.
Clément B.

"Un très bon site de communication"

What do you like best?

Nous travaillons régulièrement avec l’agence Lithium depuis plusieurs années sur l’ensemble de nos sites web. Nous sommes particulièrement satisfaits de leur réactivité et de leur disponibilité. l'équipe entière nous accompagnent sur toutes les étapes de nos projets avec beaucoup de professionnalisme. Nous recommandons l’agence Lithium pour la qualité de leur travail et leur capacité à s’adapter aux attentes de leurs clients. Elle a également conçu notre site Web qui reflète bien notre activité.

Tout au long du projet, l’équipe a été très à l’écoute à nos attentes et ont fait preuve d’un réel dynamisme et d’une grande réactivité.

What do you dislike?

Quant aux constructeurs, ils ne possèdent pas d’outils pour traiter ces avis. Ils possèdent déjà des sources d’informations sur l’utilisation de leurs produits par les tests de produit mais aussi par les retours des utilisateurs qui leur envoient directement (via leurs site web, par courrier ou par l’intermédiaire de jeux-concours) leurs commentaires sur les produits.

Seuls quelques chefs de produits disent consulter parfois les avis des consommateurs déposés sur ces sites internet. Pourtant, cette forme de communication est pure et désintéressée, elle s’adresse à la fois aux autres consommateurs, aux marques et aux distributeurs, selon un modèle orchestral et systémique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

je vous le recommande, solution compete a tout vos désits de communiquer vers des nouveaux acheteurs et d'une facon très ludique, très pro et avec une vitesse plus que suffisante.

A bientot

Tout mes problèmes de communication.

Lithium Communities review by User in Computer Software

"A five year user...."

What do you like best?

We've had our ups and downs with Lithium. I can 100% say that they are GREAT people and are willing to do just about anything to make the system work for your needs.

Our account management team is awesome. They check in regularly, work around our schedules (which sometimes means getting up at 3am) and are often seen going above and beyond to solve issues. We've had more than one situation where they have had to complete the same presentation for us and then again for our management team and they never complain.

Their yearly conference is known to be fun and helpful for anyone who attends. The Lithium team is often encouraging attendance by helping with discounts or extra little meetings to make it worth the trip.

What do you dislike?

Depending on your needs it can be a little limiting. As a company we use some of the software in a different way...and we know that. With how we're using it we're unable to run the reporting we need and so we've had to use workarounds.

Just like any software there are bugs occasionally. I wouldn't say they are frequent and urgent (if they are they get fixed.....FAST!) but they happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let them meet with you. Their people are so helpful and educated in what their options are -- reading about it online is no where close.

We use this for an online Community. We've struggled with having customers connect with other customers and this gives us the platform to do this. The knowledge and experience the Lithium team provides is world class. I would have no idea how to be successful without them.

Lithium Communities review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Lithium review"

What do you like best?

The software is interesting, it allows direct connection through social channels and action from the users feedback and ideas, The response and engagement on social networks can be vital for the business needs. Ideas crouwdsoursing and ideas can be achieve and shared together.

What do you dislike?

I didnot come across any negative feedback and experiences while using this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to try using this product and see if it meets the business requirements and it might be helpful with some modern needs.

The software helps with fast social engagement and it helps to increase the fan base and to share ideas and learn from each other.

Lithium Communities review by Catherine K.
Catherine K.

"The best online community platform"

What do you like best?

Features and functionality. A real understanding of the features of an online community needs. I appreciate that Lithium understands how to tie community to the value of it to your business.

What do you dislike?

The price is the highest in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether or not you want to integrate your community with social media or with other internal systems such as Salesforce or Google Analytics.

We use the community to build relationships with our customers, for social care, product R&D and support deflection.

Lithium Communities review by Nemanja Z.
Nemanja Z.

"Good community platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and reliable. Great for communication with costumers and building strong community around brand. Integration with social networks with great organization of them. Monitoring and filtering conversations, good insights and control over whats going on and prioritizing answers according to their nature.

What do you dislike?

From beginning of whole idea we started with Lithium and we are still on. Maybe its bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wanna improve relation between costumers and brand/company this is right tool for that.

Costumer support and communication in our case are mostly on forums. Its user friendly tool.

Lithium Communities review by Melissa K. H.
Melissa K. H.

"Lithium Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to catalogue what conversations one has had with a particular user in the past. The ability to collaborate with a team in one view is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't the best design, though it is more sophisticated than many other planning tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great choice for enterprise companies who need to have multiple people/teams in the software for collaboration purposes. It is also helpful for accounts that have a lot of regular communications with the same users.

Communicating with clients and social media users in one collective space. Lithium has been helpful in organizing these communications.

Lithium Communities review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics
Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics

"Survey Results in an organized fashion"

What do you like best?

Dr. Wu of Lithium came and gave an inspired presentation to our company in 2013. He is an incredibly smart individual. The software itself has helped us with providing ratings and reviews on products and optimizing our forum.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I like the individuals we've met with from Lithium and have been overall very happy with the service. I am not sure if there are more services that Lithium offers that we do not utilize.

The forum has unearthed a lot of problems that we can easily fix and would only stumble upon because individuals are bringing them up. This has been a big help.

Lithium Communities review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"From a former Admin"

What do you like best?

When I was the forum admin, but actually inbound marketing manager, the best feature of Lithium was the crawlability in Google. We actually would out rank in Google some smaller businesses' websites, which shows the value of the platform (and the hilarious emails they would send in complaint). But for general SEO, the forums represented almost 50% of natural search traffic, especially non-brand terms.

I would also rave about our lithium admin. She was amazing to work with, a source of knowledge that we would leverage constantly, and the eagle eye to whenever something worth noticing would happen. I honestly miss working with her.

What do you dislike?

The only think I and my company disliked about the platform was nothing about the platform but more about legal obligations hampering us from improving advertising. We knew there was integration, we just couldn't use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need someone to run a community of thousands of users, through periods of positive communication and even in times of trolls, I would only go with Lithium. The only issue I have ever experienced really with the company itself is trying to overcharge us for special integration that we ended up doing ourselves.

The problems we solved were specifically for reaching out to both existing and potential customers. In a field with a lot of competition, the forums were necessary for generating objective feedback unaligned with the corporate message. In fact there were a lot of times that users would point out our company's flaws, but this showed that we didn't rule the forums with an iron fist.

Lithium Communities review by Asim T.
Asim T.

"My experience with Lithium has been good. It has a few limitations, but still does the job well."

What do you like best?

It has features that are catered towards growing a community from scratch or upgrading an existing one. The team are good, helpful and understanding of individual business needs. All different types of communities are catered for too, from service to special interests.

What do you dislike?

It has a few limitations and can't be tweaked exactly how you want it, depending on your needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a few limitations, but on the whole Lithium is the best platform to build and manage a community on. Do your research, but you'll more than likely find it to be the best solution.

Responding to customers within a timely manner with LSW and growing an e-service based community. Benefits so far include introducing LSW to agents, making it easier for them to manage workload and respond quicker.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Core tool"

What do you like best?

The core functionality of the tool as a means of sharing and storing knowledge is strong.

What do you dislike?

Lithium seems slow to innovate. The core tool is great but I would like to see them continue to improve the UI. I’d also like to see servers around the world to better support global business.

The key problem this is solving is internal communication and knowledge sharing.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Tailored Lithium platform for very specific community"

What do you like best?

The moderation feature, that it is possible to pre-moderate everything before it goes live.

The ability to tailor the platform exactly the way the customer (we) need it, to deactivate a ton of features - even though they are useful, but not necessary or wanted for our community.

Fast and nice support.

What do you dislike?

Server outages that require us to have the community restarted, but this is the only thing I can think of.

We are running a message board for a very specific user group which requires pre-moderation.

It is absolutely necessary to highly customize the platform so only specific functions are available to the user and Lithium made this possible.

Lithium Communities review by Túlio M.
Túlio M.

"My experience with Lithium Platform"

What do you like best?

Lithium works well, but there's 2 stuffs who make this tool a must have for me: the automation of tasks and the real time data.

What do you dislike?

Some people can think if Lithium is expensive but pays itself by the time saving

My employer always ask about the performance of our teams and now i can provide this intel.

Lithium Communities review by User in Financial Services

"Straight forward, very customer friendly. "

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of this product. It's not like quickbooks where it takes some previous accounting knowledge to understand the simple processes of how the application works. It helps provide communication internally within a company and externally which is vital. Incorporating google was also a great plus.

What do you dislike?

Some of the products can be a tad bit expensive.. it's justifiable once the product has been tried and you realize what you're really paying for is worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it a one stop shop for pricing.. charging extra for extra features seems a little sneaky. Or possibly offer different versions of this product aimed towards certain companies with different communication requirements.

The problems we solved were mainly communication with potential customers and previous customers.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Lithium was used in our salesforce instance to enhance our service cloud. The feature I liked as an administrator is that the ease of integration with our salesforce system was great.

What do you dislike?

As per my knowledge, our end users were satisfied with the tool. The request to have more enhancements was reduced once the tool was installed.

I was at a mobile wifi related company with strong salesforce users on the sales cloud and the service cloud. However, our salesforce instance had its own limitations and was not serving all our service cloud related requirements.

We tried many tools before we finalized Lithium. So as we liked the demo and finalized to installed it - I could see the number of service related issues was reduced.

As a feedback from the users - ease of usage and adaptability was successful than anticipated.

Lithium Communities review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Good product"

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Six years with Lithium"

What do you like best?

The features, the lack of downtime, amazing success support services.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive but we've also found it's the best via some extensive competitor comparisons.

We have increased the number of calls deflected to our digital estate.

Lithium Communities review by Consultant in Consumer Services
Consultant in Consumer Services

"Fantastic product, great experience "

What do you like best?

My customers are on social media sharing their experiences and I need to have the power to create a trusted connection with them. Lithium allows me to do that.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to use, too much tech speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it, even if you're confused at first, it's totally worth it

I have satisfied customers and that means my business is profiting.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great for community engagement"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up. Community engagement made easy. Seamless interaction with guest and social media. Good support and customer service.

What do you dislike?

Live chat support is not supported on the lithium website. We feel this would really help speed support in a busy environment like ours.

Lithium has really let us see the good and bad points of our social media campaigns. It's exciting to see your plans validated.

Lithium Communities review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Great for getting customer insights"

What do you like best?

The reports make a lot of sense, and are easy to understand.

They also provide great insights into what our customers are saying.

What do you dislike?

I know that you have to pay for quality...but it is pretty expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure that you are going to dedicate proper staff to using this, and that it has a lot of executive support.

It is a large investment, so make sure that leadership isn't going to be dismissive of the fantastic insights that Lithium delivers.

Getting our arms around what our customers are saying across many social media platforms.

We have been sensitive to negative reviews, and have become rather adapt at promptly (and properly) responding.

Lithium Communities review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Lithium pretty good wish for better analytics"

What do you like best?

The platform is very flexible in layout and has lots of features:

Forums, blogs, Knowledge base

It can interface with Facebook to its forums for customer problem resolution and there are more features

What do you dislike?

The blogging platform is sufficient but not up to Wordpress level.

The blogging analytics are below average. There are many questions we ask that can't be answered. That said we do have a very complex organization and use blogging in an usual way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lithium is a SaaS only solution and charges by views, make sure that works for you - note it means the more successful you are the more you will pay. Their uptime is very good.

We are trying to increase awareness (blogs) and increase referrals and references via customer loyalty (forums).

Lithium Communities review by User in Internet

"lithium product review"

What do you like best?

The product is used by many and trusted. Functionality is reliable and usability is good. User interface is easy to navigate and intuitive. Fresh, clean functionality. Security controls are easy and comprehensive to use. Versatile as a tool in the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Integrations with other platforms can be more open. API support can be improved and or expanded upon. Make it simpler for developers to learn the API. Certain features are unclear as to how they can be expanded on or built further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider giving a try and monitoring how usage helps use cases.

Social networking in a secure, controlled, corporate environment. Must have simplicity of what we expect from communicating on platforms such as facebook or google plus, but also have the enterprise security and capabilities. Tracking internal communication issues and problems with an easy to use way to track methods.

Lithium Communities review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"A wonderful tool for Social Media!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is how quickly items pop up in Social Media with the Lithium tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the search functions we have with our current tool, as the search options are very limited and you can only search through the database as a supervisor or with different permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lithium has a lot of great resources on how-to use, so I would definitely look into these before starting to use the program.

The program has definitely helped us in staying connected with our customers.

Lithium Communities review by Agency in Publishing
Agency in Publishing

"#1 SOCIAL PLATFORM"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand! All-in-one platform!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I do not like about it.

All-in-one aspect is what simplifies my problems. I can have all of my social channels right in front of me.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Robust Platform with Updated UI"

What do you like best?

The intuitive UI, both for administrators creating forums and communities, and for the users who are going to be using it to generate content and questions

What do you dislike?

Functionality is still catching up compared to other vendors, but they are working on it.

We switched to this product at a former company, and realized that this made it much easier to interact with the organizations we were serving as well as include content and information for sharing

Lithium Communities review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"The most open API community platform on the market"

What do you like best?

The ability to create beautiful designs around the Lithium platform without being restricted with too many UI mandates.

What do you dislike?

Lithium thinks too much like a traditional software company and needs to be more engaged with their clients for future features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lithium is great if your company is looking for a customizable community platform.

Call shed rates dropping at ATT.

Engagement skyrocketing at Barclaycard.

Lithium Communities review by Ulf K.
Ulf K.

"Lithium best in class SaaS for social support communities"

What do you like best?

Lithiums gamification system supports the peer-to-peer approach to reduce contact center calls and to reward super users.

What do you dislike?

The user profile pages could have been modernized

Our client offers a one stop support community based on Lithium

Lithium Communities review by Tem S.
Tem S.

"Online Community Management Meets Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Community Building: Based on my experience, the platform works very well when it comes to building a community. I direct Twitter followers to our community page and let them keep the ball rolling while I listen and get good insights.

Response/Engagement Console: It is straight-forward. You can see the number of tweets coming in (brand mentions or direct tweets) real-time and respond to each with ease. Recommended for big companies that are looking at enhancing their customer service efforts in social media.

Analytics: It is ideal for companies that wish to conduct social analytics on services beyond table stakes like Facebook and Twitter--Lithium Communities, blogs, and consumer reviews.

User-friendly: It's easy to use. The design is robust and straight-forward. You'll definitely know what a button is for at first click.

What do you dislike?

Lithium lacks centralized account management features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lithium could have been the best deal if it can be synchronized with CRM systems.

Lithium Communities review by André B.
André B.

"User Experience Customisation and Technical Delivery of Lithium solutions."

What do you like best?

Lithium Products - Plenty of features; extremely flexible to customisations on the look and feel.

Lithium Professional Services - Hard working team; Knowledgeable; Very present and pro-active.

Lithium Team & People - Passionate about Social Media; Engaging; Accessible and Available; Knowledgeable.

Lithium Engineers & Development Team - Flexible and Passionate group. Will walk the extra mile to support you.

What do you dislike?

Lithium Products - Average Q&A on their new products & features before shipping. Plenty of bugs will be detected by you. Test well and often before you go live.

Lithium Technical Documentation - Blueprints and specs not readily available. Can make your customisations harder to achieve.

Lithium Online Trainings - Classified as to basic and not interesting by experienced users.

Lithium Mobile - Not a true responsive design on the look & feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would certainly recommend Lithium products and the European professional services team.

Lithium Communities review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Solid community platform that is totally customizable"

What do you like best?

As an implementation partner for the Lithium platform I think what most people we have worked with so far like it the ability to customize the system. We have UX architects, designers, developers and quality testers that have all worked on these projects to implement community for large brands in various industries. It works, its relatively simple to set up and style and customers generally like the user interface and ability to manage it one their own.

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes, there are so many different platforms and each has pros and cons but Lithium is a solid community solution. There are more affordable products that have similar functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the pursuit to stay platform agnostic I would just point out that there are competing community platforms of varying sizes and cost models so I think its important to have a partner or consultancy that understands your organizational core values, needs, challenges and goals to be successful. Community is that thing that does have ROI and provides depth and connectivity between customers and responsible businesses. I think the most pure form of a successful community isn't to reduce cost, increase ROI or sales.

Lithium Communities review by Pam R.
Pam R.

"Community Management is a specialty. Lithium gets that."

What do you like best?

Lithium is designed to bring your online community onto a collaborative platform that is closed, managed, & focused. It allows for deeper & richer relationships resulting in greater connection to your Brand. With the closed platform, a more cohesive engaged community evolves. Members are motivated by their personal value they bring to the community & more likely to evangelize your Brand. Managing shared content, community reactions/opinions & negative posts is also more effective.

What do you dislike?

The platform is great for managing, engaging, developing trusted relationships, & cultivating Brand Ambassadors. However, it is still a platform & good Community Managers, Content, & Moderation is critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start, gain a good understanding of your existing community, its dynamics, & potential. Set it up right to fit your customer's interests & needs, your business style/voice, size, Industry & objectives.

Lithium Communities review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Reliable and feature-rich Community platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to set-up and use

Very reliable platform

Plenty of functionality

Lively community of other Lithium users to share ideas with and learn from

Constant improvements to the platform are being made.

What do you dislike?

Can be expensive depending on feature set required

Support interactions can be slow

Reporting options are not always comprehensive

Individual Community customisations can be expensive and problematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are consideration launching a new branded community, you should definitely consider the Lithium platform.

Lithium Communities review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Just what we need"

What do you like best?

It's customizable, making every community either branded or unbranded exactly how we want it.

What do you dislike?

The markerboard reporting tool is the bane of my existence.

Hosts all of our online market research communities.

Lithium Communities review by Administrator

"Social network managment"

What do you like best?

Everything is laid out simple so you don't gotta dig around

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets crumblesome to find the right results

Usually what type of people are interested in a service. We've realized we have a wide range of people that enjoy it.

Lithium Communities review by Lyn M.
Lyn M.

"Great Product, Does the Trick "

What do you like best?

If you're looking for something affordable and easy-to-use, pick Lithium. The mechanisms in place help you to manage community engagement in a visually appealing manner, and would be awesome for small businesses looking to keep data in one place.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more robust features in the pipeline as it involves data collection and analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Definitely recommended for small businesses.

Lithium Communities review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Just OK"

What do you like best?

Competitively priced, great layout and user-friendly, Above average infographic generation

What do you dislike?

Sentiment accuracy could be better and end up having to manually review how they generate their sentiment analytics, reporting options are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Lithium if you are ok with not delving very deeply into your analytic research and reporting but rather just want basic reports and nice graphics.

Lithium Communities review by Umberto F.
Umberto F.

"Great Product, Great professional Service"

What do you like best?

Platform flexibility

Platform reporting capability

Ease of implementation

Quality of implementation

Service professional and accurate

Ability to influence Lithium's roadmap

What do you dislike?

Quality of resources inconsistent between US and EU

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mind your business KPIS, keep customisation at minimum but get Lithium to change core product instead.

Lithium Communities review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Revised community site for Support"

What do you like best?

Much cleaner than our old support site.

What do you dislike?

The home page is a little cluttered on first glance.

Attempting to create a better support site for our customers with much cleaner content.

Learning about Lithium Communities?

* We monitor all Lithium Communities reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.