Little Green Light

Little Green Light is a cloud-based donor management software. It combines donor management, fundraising campaigns, and constituent record keeping into one interface. Features of Little Green Light include customizable categories, report building, and complex query running. Users can integrate Little Green Light with external programs including Constant Contact, MailChimp, and PayPal.

Work for Little Green Light?
Netsuitefornonprofits donormang  2x

Learning about Little Green Light?

Little Green Light Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 29 Little Green Light reviews
Little Green Light review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

Fits our needs perfectly

What do you like best?

What I like about Little Green Light is how it seems like it was designed just for my org. As a small but growing nonprofit, we use Little Green Light to track donors and accept donations but plan to use it for some of its other features as we expand.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that I found myself using google searches for quick and easy instructions on how to accomplish a task rather than trial and error.

I really liked the ability to build a donation form within Little Green Light then copy and paste code into our Square Space website. The form was SUPER customize-able and we're able to accept secure donations. The charge for processing donations is less than or comparable to any other platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Little Green Light
Little Green Light review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

Simple, effective, and affordable - LGL is ideal for our organization

What do you like best?

LGL simplifies the process of donor management. Its search function is far more user-friendly than the query features on other CRM systems I have used, and the automatic categorization of top donors, active donors, etc. makes it even easier to get a quick picture of how the fundraising year is going.

What do you dislike?

We recently switched to LGL from a more "robust" CRM system, and while LGL is even more user-friendly and has just as many functions, its layout is not as visually appealing. That's the only downside I can see thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of training videos available to acquaint yourself with what LGL can do before actually signing up. Additionally, they offer an extendable free trial period so that you can play around with it before committing.

LGL helps us to easily access donor information for purposes of record-keeping and tailored donor outreach. It also helps us to analyze the success of our fundraising efforts and adjust as needed.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Little Green Light review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

Little Green Light Makes Donor Tracking Easy

What do you like best?

I like how many features Little Green Light offers to keep track of donors and donations. Especially for more complicated donations (donations made through Employee matching programs, donations made through Donor-Advised Funds), LGL makes it super easy to tie multiple constituents to one gift.

What do you dislike?

I wish that certain tags–especially those that appear under the constituent category–were more customizable. Wish that you could edit out things like the school district section to make constituent categories more useful for your org's specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through some of the guides published by LGL before creating tags, groups, etc. so that you know how all of the different categorization settings work and how to best use the categories to suit your organization's needs.

We use LGL to keep track of donations to our organization. It's been super helpful in allowing us to track gifts and donors, and to quickly pull reports based on certain tags and categories.

Little Green Light review by <span>Claire T.</span>
Claire T.

LGL review from nonprofit employee

What do you like best?

I like that LGL is easy to use and makes it easy to document my constituents and their donations. The ability to create campaigns, designate funds, appeals, and events to each campaign helps my organization track our progress towards our overall fundraising goals. I can accurately and efficiently track the giving trends of our donors for effective relationship building.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled with the pledge installment features in LGL. I record a pledge and have it scheduled in installments; but, when I go to record an installment payment/gift, the original scheduled installment remains/doesn't register the gift payment. This makes it easy to make pledge recording errors and/or duplication. I had to do major record clean up when I took over the database and I don't trust the installment method for future payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you establish your recording plans/goals/campaigns/ standards early so you can be consistent throughout the year.

Our organization has only had a fundraising team for about one year and LGL has been key in the development of our department. We can use LGL's data to see who of our constituents/prospects are involved in our organization, volunteering, donating, etc. We can track their journey from prospect to active and even top donor. We use LGL to designate Major gift prospects to development team officers. We can track how much money we are gaining in what campaign. I can show relationships among donors. One benefit we have realized in the tracking of total donors. from 2014 we lost 54% of our donors, retained 56% and acquired 54% new donors. My boss is then able to present to our board proof that our efforts are working (190 new donors!), work that wouldn't be happening without our department. She can also use this data to gain more funding for her grant-funded position.

Little Green Light review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Great organizational tool for a nonprofit.

What do you like best?

I like the organizational structure. When you have a large number of donors from a wide variety of avenues, it can be hard to keep them organized and still searchable. I also like the integration with MailChimp.

What do you dislike?

It's not immediately intuitive. Learning curve could be minimized with better tutorials. Would like to see a little more ability to track and report data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the ins and outs to get the most out of it!

We've solved the issue or organizing donors. This allows us to target certain groups easier. We've realized that this will help with targeting repeat donors specifically.

Little Green Light review by User in Higher Education

Little Green Light - Simple to use and very effective

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using LGL. I am new to fundraising and LGL has allowed me to learn how to input, track and reply to donors in an easy manner. The ease of the using the produce has assisted me in being able to spend more time with my donors and less on the technology behind everything. The ease of creating a printing reports is a huge time saver and when my boss needs information or a report, it does not take a lot of time to create and generate the report allowing us to make quick decisions. The company also offers weekly training sessions and will answer questions and train you at any time. The Dashboard makes it easy for me to see where we are compared to my goal and how that compares to previous years. Their customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to import email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Little Green Light if you are interested in cleaning up, growing and enhancing your database of donors. It is also highly reliable to assist in your communication plan with your donors.

When I first arrived at my job, we needed to clean up our database, expand our database and increase donor participation. LGL has allowed us to do all of that and do it well.

Learning about Little Green Light?

* We monitor all Little Green Light reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.