Little Green Light

Little Green Light is a cloud-based donor management software. It combines donor management, fundraising campaigns, and constituent record keeping into one interface. Features of Little Green Light include customizable categories, report building, and complex query running. Users can integrate Little Green Light with external programs including Constant Contact, MailChimp, and PayPal.

Work for Little Green Light?

Learning about Little Green Light?

Little Green Light Reviews

Showing 31 Little Green Light reviews
Little Green Light review by Loree L.
Loree L.

"Best fit CRM for small nonprofits "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how well LGL provides all critical functions of a CRM at an incredibly affordable price - this provides an especially important resource for smaller nonprofits who don't have big budgets for enterprise-level systems. LGL support is also unparalleled - questions are always answered within 24 hours, and often much faster. Their assistance is always personal and clear. These are also really important functions for smaller nonprofits who have limited staff members and time and need personal, quick help to continue moving forward.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have many things I dislike about this product. Perhaps that it does not do the household function as many other more complex CRMs do.

This product is incredibly helpful solving fundraising problems for nonprofits, allowing them to track all donor and potential donor relationships as well as specific fundraising efforts such as campaigns, appeals, and events.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Little Green Light
Little Green Light review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Fits our needs perfectly"

What do you like best?

What I like about Little Green Light is how it seems like it was designed just for my org. As a small but growing nonprofit, we use Little Green Light to track donors and accept donations but plan to use it for some of its other features as we expand.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that I found myself using google searches for quick and easy instructions on how to accomplish a task rather than trial and error.

I really liked the ability to build a donation form within Little Green Light then copy and paste code into our Square Space website. The form was SUPER customize-able and we're able to accept secure donations. The charge for processing donations is less than or comparable to any other platform.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Little Green Light review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Simple, effective, and affordable - LGL is ideal for our organization"

What do you like best?

LGL simplifies the process of donor management. Its search function is far more user-friendly than the query features on other CRM systems I have used, and the automatic categorization of top donors, active donors, etc. makes it even easier to get a quick picture of how the fundraising year is going.

What do you dislike?

We recently switched to LGL from a more "robust" CRM system, and while LGL is even more user-friendly and has just as many functions, its layout is not as visually appealing. That's the only downside I can see thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of training videos available to acquaint yourself with what LGL can do before actually signing up. Additionally, they offer an extendable free trial period so that you can play around with it before committing.

LGL helps us to easily access donor information for purposes of record-keeping and tailored donor outreach. It also helps us to analyze the success of our fundraising efforts and adjust as needed.

Little Green Light review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Little Green Light Makes Donor Tracking Easy"

What do you like best?

I like how many features Little Green Light offers to keep track of donors and donations. Especially for more complicated donations (donations made through Employee matching programs, donations made through Donor-Advised Funds), LGL makes it super easy to tie multiple constituents to one gift.

What do you dislike?

I wish that certain tags–especially those that appear under the constituent category–were more customizable. Wish that you could edit out things like the school district section to make constituent categories more useful for your org's specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through some of the guides published by LGL before creating tags, groups, etc. so that you know how all of the different categorization settings work and how to best use the categories to suit your organization's needs.

We use LGL to keep track of donations to our organization. It's been super helpful in allowing us to track gifts and donors, and to quickly pull reports based on certain tags and categories.

Little Green Light review by Claire T.
Claire T.

"LGL review from nonprofit employee"

What do you like best?

I like that LGL is easy to use and makes it easy to document my constituents and their donations. The ability to create campaigns, designate funds, appeals, and events to each campaign helps my organization track our progress towards our overall fundraising goals. I can accurately and efficiently track the giving trends of our donors for effective relationship building.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled with the pledge installment features in LGL. I record a pledge and have it scheduled in installments; but, when I go to record an installment payment/gift, the original scheduled installment remains/doesn't register the gift payment. This makes it easy to make pledge recording errors and/or duplication. I had to do major record clean up when I took over the database and I don't trust the installment method for future payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you establish your recording plans/goals/campaigns/ standards early so you can be consistent throughout the year.

Our organization has only had a fundraising team for about one year and LGL has been key in the development of our department. We can use LGL's data to see who of our constituents/prospects are involved in our organization, volunteering, donating, etc. We can track their journey from prospect to active and even top donor. We use LGL to designate Major gift prospects to development team officers. We can track how much money we are gaining in what campaign. I can show relationships among donors. One benefit we have realized in the tracking of total donors. from 2014 we lost 54% of our donors, retained 56% and acquired 54% new donors. My boss is then able to present to our board proof that our efforts are working (190 new donors!), work that wouldn't be happening without our department. She can also use this data to gain more funding for her grant-funded position.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great organizational tool for a nonprofit. "

What do you like best?

I like the organizational structure. When you have a large number of donors from a wide variety of avenues, it can be hard to keep them organized and still searchable. I also like the integration with MailChimp.

What do you dislike?

It's not immediately intuitive. Learning curve could be minimized with better tutorials. Would like to see a little more ability to track and report data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the ins and outs to get the most out of it!

We've solved the issue or organizing donors. This allows us to target certain groups easier. We've realized that this will help with targeting repeat donors specifically.

Little Green Light review by User in Higher Education

"Little Green Light - Simple to use and very effective"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using LGL. I am new to fundraising and LGL has allowed me to learn how to input, track and reply to donors in an easy manner. The ease of the using the produce has assisted me in being able to spend more time with my donors and less on the technology behind everything. The ease of creating a printing reports is a huge time saver and when my boss needs information or a report, it does not take a lot of time to create and generate the report allowing us to make quick decisions. The company also offers weekly training sessions and will answer questions and train you at any time. The Dashboard makes it easy for me to see where we are compared to my goal and how that compares to previous years. Their customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to import email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Little Green Light if you are interested in cleaning up, growing and enhancing your database of donors. It is also highly reliable to assist in your communication plan with your donors.

When I first arrived at my job, we needed to clean up our database, expand our database and increase donor participation. LGL has allowed us to do all of that and do it well.

"Little Green Light"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use once you get the hang of it. Great to run reports out of. I like the feature of being able to use and view the amount of gifts by the fund- comparing and contrasting that is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It doe not fact and constituent check that easily. Often leading you to do additional work. Additionally you have to set up different searches or queries on your own. They don't come ready to go- and so it is a bit more of putting items together on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be able to do your research through many different donor- databases. It is a great system, but another one might serve you better.

It allows us to better analyze our donor and database. We can track different funds, appeals, projects, goals, pledges all withing the constituent. The benefits are that it is simple and affordable. Another benefit is that it is easy to explain to coworkers or even donors when you are working through various donations.

Little Green Light review by Tracy J.
Tracy J.

"Nonprofit CRM"

What do you like best?

When working for a nonprofit you need a solution that is very user friendly for staff and volunteers. This program covers all of this. The donation bulk entry makes campaign entry quick and easy. I also like that I can see specifically when my letters have been sent. Our auditor has been very happy to see that we can tie out between LGL and QBO.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was integration direct from Quickbooks Online. Other than this, I think the system fulfills all of our needs. If there had to be one thing we were wishing was there, that would be a mobile app and the ability to process our credit cards directly into LGL. Nicer emails for thank you letters would be great too but I have a feeling there is that option but we haven't looked into it enough with our Mail Chimp integration.

Easy reporting on donors, seamless solution for sending tax letters, fundraising made simple!

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Little Green Light does it all"

What do you like best?

It's easy to integrate everything you need (from donation related fundraising, to volunteer info, to appeals sent via Mail Chimp). Overall, fairly intuitive to use when getting started, and you can learn more advanced features as you go.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for there to be more interactive help tools and videos for the more advanced features.

It's really easy to keep information on pledges, events, appeals, fundraisers, you name it. It tracks constituents, including donors and volunteers, and makes it easy to keep track of who has donated recently, which level they've donated at, etc.

Little Green Light review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Very good"

What do you like best?

I love this software since it helps use keep track of our donors profiles, donations and other database related topics. Its very easy to navigate and very user friendly. Its reliable most of the time and doesnt time out quickly

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it saturates and starts running slow. I have to log out and then back in. Doesn’t happen that often though

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to track donations in particular

We track our donation. Basically this is our database for major donors, track money and more.

Little Green Light review by Bethany Z.
Bethany Z.

"Little Green Light is a perfect tool for the small shop development department."

What do you like best?

Little Green Light is user friendly and very intuitive. It is easy to add gifts and track over all giving for multiple fundraising efforts. Their customer service is fast and efficient. Pulling list and reports is very easy as well. I have used other (much bigger) databases that make pulling queries nearly impossible!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't one part of Little Green Light that I don't like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Little Green Light has met and exceeded all of our exceptions. From the affordability to the ease of use it can not be matched and we wouldn't consider switching vendors.

Before LGL we used excel! LGL has transformed our development department. We have been able to not only track giving but easily print and send tax receipts to our donors.

LGL helps us manage our donors and see where we are in stewardship process.

Little Green Light review by John W.
John W.

"Simple and effective! "

What do you like best?

- UI (User Interface) is very easy to use. It has a crisp modern look in comparison to other platforms in its price range.

-The customer service from the LGL was top notch with replies generally arriving the same day but always within 24 hours.

- The easy management of appeals, campaigns and events.

What do you dislike?

- The lack of Social media profile integration, however, this a fault with most donor management platforms.

- It seems to be created more for the American market as opposed to the international market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- LGL is a great product for those who want a relatively cheap fundraising platform with a modern and easy to use interface.

- LGL has great customer service, so if this is important to you, Hunter and his team will be very responsive.

- I have tired around 4/5 different platforms in this price range. This is the best I have come across.

- Ability to have a clear profile of our donors and to have to them linked to campaigns.

- Ability to accept online donations, thus cutting out a great amount of paperwork.

- Integrations with other software platforms.

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Easy and effective. We love Little Green Light!"

What do you like best?

LGL is easy to learn and very flexible. We've been able to add categories to fit our needs, without any extra customization fees. It helps us build and track relationships with our donors, volunteers, and others efficiently and professionally. Users can bcc their LGL dropbox on emails through any client to have the email added to a constituent's profile automatically. LGL has a company e-newsletter that's actually useful (updates on new features). They have great customer service too, which is something that really matters to me.

What do you dislike?

The integrated email system (Mandrill) isn't super effective and doesn't do any fancy formatting. We can't enter split gifts (though they're working on this, so I hear). We have a hard time sometimes managing households without duplication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small teams. We have 6 staff.

Raising more money, building more complete donor profiles, spending much less time on entering donations and generating mailings.

Little Green Light review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love what I've seen so far!"

What do you like best?

I'm just getting started with LGL, but I love that it covers a ton of basisc for nonprofit CRM and is extremely affordable! I like that it will let me track giving by several different things - campaign, funds, etc. And I love the added feature of tracking volunteer data in the same place. I'm really looking forward to diving in and seeing more of what it has to offer!

What do you dislike?

It's not a beautiful interface, but my core tasks completed.

My client was working on primarily spreadsheet-based systems and LGL has helped bring it all in one place for a go-to resource.

Little Green Light review by Tori H.
Tori H.

"LGL easy, intuitive, powerful donor management system"

What do you like best?

LGL is one of the easiest, more intuitive and user friendly donor management systems available. The flexibility and customization within the menus and reports allows me to quickly be able to build and track relationships, grants, and volunteers. The LGL dropbox features has to be one of my favorites. LGL's support team is absolutely amazing - they're incredibly responsive (usually same day/same hour) and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Saved searches/query function could be stronger with an option to save universally. The flex import function can be really helpful, but does tend to create a lot of duplicate work and unnecessary clean-up if not done exactly the right way.

LGL has allowed our development team to gain a serious amount of capacity. Having a common shared space to track relations, grants and acknowledgements has been hugely helpful.

Little Green Light review by Lori G.
Lori G.

"Satisfied with Little Green Light"

What do you like best?

LGL is very intuitive and user friendly. Their customer support is outstanding. As I use more of the features, I am more happy with it. I am especially appreciating contact reports.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to run reports comparing one year to the previous year. I'd like to see pace, retention rate and other reports that give me a sense of how my work is going year over year. This feature is missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not expensive and worth a try, particularly if you're a relatively small shop.

Fundraising, internal communications

Little Green Light review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"LGL Survey"

What do you like best?

It offers a lot of useful features. The search feature and edit feature are easy to use The lay-out for address and other contact information are broad. I like the contact linking feature. The "groups" design is very useful. The last campaign we used the steward to help track which campaign member was tracking who and we were able to run reports for our bi-weekly meeting.

What do you dislike?

Running reports is difficult. If the report is just a simple extraction than no problem. But when you have to use filters and set-up the extract designated fields it becomes very cumbersome..

Donor mapping. None yet, we just learned how to use the database for this task.

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"LGL is an easy to use but powerful database for our small non-profit"

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit (less than 1,000 donors) with a limited staff and a part time admin to maintain our database. We began using Little Green Light earlier this year and have found LGL to be a wonderful tool for our organization. LGL allowed us to move from spreadsheets to a true database format providing us with the ability to search, categorize and track our donors and fundraising efforts.

The program is easy to use and very intuitive. Tech support has been responsive and very helpful with the initial set up, importing of our data and any follow up questions. Integrated easily with our MailChimp account.

Our new ED has worked with other larger, more robust CRM programs and believes LGL is a great program for smaller organizations with limited funds. We highly recommend LGL to others organizations - this program will provide you with the database functions you need at a very reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, for our organizational needs we do not have any cons - we are extremely happy with this product.

We've been able to consolidate all of our organizations files into one database including our program files. LGL has made communication efforts with our constituents easy to set up and track.

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Best donor database I've used"

What do you like best?

LGL is super easy to use, even for people who aren't very comfortable with new technologies. The interface is easy, reporting functions are powerful, and all the little features like contact reports really help us keep track of donor information.

What do you dislike?

If you didn't set it up at your office, then interpreting how somebody before you decided to do things can be tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've also used eTapestry elsewhere, and I tried to manage donors in an Excel spreadsheet at one point. :/ LGL is the best value for your money, and it is very reliable with great support.

Fundraising, communications, donor information management, security, donations processing, web forms

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Donor Review"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. There are little kinds that can be confusing, as it is limited to what I want to do. Nonetheless, I think it makes up for the customer service, I get response within a few hours, and when I would make a call the customer service rep is able to help me. It also helps that a lot of interns/volunteer use this program to fill data entry for our donors that it can be easily teachable to them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how uncustomizable it is, I'd also like it to be more visual so I am able to presentations better. I often find that there are some duplicates, so maybe a way to track this would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like more visual reports.

I am solving how much donors come in, and what are peak seasons and slow seasons for us. Benefits of this is really to show how aggressive we should be on our slow season things that we can develop to interact with our donors.

We are trying to find a way to have everyone involve in this website, our directors, and our marketing/sponsor teams. So far, only the administrator and the volunteers use this, maybe something useful would be a platform for everyone that would need to see what is going on. Who are donating and how they are donating.

Little Green Light review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Efficient and user friendly "

What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to input and manage donors. You can also mark connections between individuals and they're businesses. The whole interface is very organized.

What do you dislike?

Mailings take a lot of steps, and sometimes starting over is easier than backing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great first database program. It doesn't have the name recognition of Raiser's Edge but has all the features I need.

Our donor database is more organized, which allows better donor development.

Little Green Light review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A great value in a fundraising CRM"

What do you like best?

This is a inexpensive system for non-profits with smaller budgets. It packs a lot of features for the cost, , including a really nice import module.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use an update. More dashboards would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about revenue coding when setting up as the nomenclature is different from other, more commonly known, systems.

It interfaces with MailChimp, which our previous CRM did not. From a marketing standpoint, we've realized some gains.

Little Green Light review by Rabbi Daniel S.
Rabbi Daniel S.

"Overall, it has been a moderate experience. "

What do you like best?

User friendly interface on the homepage. LGL Forms. Task manager and contact reports are good.

What do you dislike?

When we called to discuss BASIC development reports such as a tracker of where we are now vs. at this point last year, they said, "maybe you need something a little more sophisticated." It is not sophisticated; it is basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find out about donor reports. This is our biggest sticking point.

Better donor stewardship and follow through with donors. We are also using it for student engagement tracking.

Little Green Light review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Good Basic Management"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up, easy to import spreadsheets right into LGL

What do you dislike?

Although it is easy to use, the interface is not very appealing

We did not have a tracking system before LGL. This has been very helpful in running donation reports and keeping track of donors and prospects and campaigns.

Little Green Light review by User

"Great for smaller donor databases"

What do you like best?

Acknowledgment letters are easy to make since you can upload templates directly into the software.

What do you dislike?

Merging contacts sometimes glitched or would not totally work. It would sometimes delete their info or cause a merge that shouldn't have happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used LGL with a small donor database. Now that I work for an organization with a much larger database, I don't know how LGL would perform since I never used it to a high capacity of donors.

It was easy to generate acknowledgement letters because you could upload templates into LGL. It definitely streamlined that process.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful and affordable resource"

What do you like best?

The ability to do mailings and to track donor giving

What do you dislike?

no online support options or calling support

organizing our donor database

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"I have been using LGL for two months after more than 10 years using other programs"

What do you like best?

I find some of the report features are easy to use and fairly intuitive. The flex importer works well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no option to connect an acknowledgements to a gift. There are problems connecting online payments int the integration queue to the pledge installments. There is only an annual report or honorary name which is connected to the constituent record. I also find their customer service to be fabulous some times...others not.

I have not been using LGL long enough to give my opinion.

Little Green Light review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"LGL for Grant Tracking"

What do you like best?

LGL includes all the elements for fund development tracking and data storage. If I have to pick a favorite thing, it's the ability to create reports with many parameters.

What do you dislike?

Lots of steps in creating custom reports, but I understand the process is necessary for customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Streamline the report process.

Instead of using a large, cumbersome spreadsheet for grant tracking, we can input proposals and gifts, then print concise, specific reports based on our need at the time.

Little Green Light review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Great for keeping track of lots of people "

What do you like best?

There's a large capacity to keep track of people and how they participate in our organization, as well as the ability to send invitations and keep track of events.

What do you dislike?

It's not very intuitive; it can seem overwhelming until someone shows you how to use it.

We're thinking about how to keep track of volunteers and other groups.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for not for profits"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and price is great for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike yet.

Donor database made simple

Learning about Little Green Light?

* We monitor all Little Green Light reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.