(841 reviews)

LiveAgent helps businesses provide better customer service across all communication channels including email, chat and phone. Deliver customer Wow and grow your business with LiveAgent, a customer service software trusted by 30.000+ companies worldwide.

Work for LiveAgent?

Learning about LiveAgent?

LiveAgent Reviews

Showing 867 LiveAgent reviews
LiveAgent review by Brad M.
Brad M.
View Original

"Great feature rich platform and support"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LiveAgent
LiveAgent review by Aaron W.
Aaron W.

"We moved to LiveAgent from ZenDesk... and wouldn't go back..."

What do you like best?

LiveAgent has been a game-changer for us. ZenDesk began making massive changes (including to their Mobile Apps) that had a very negative effect on us (and many others). When our concerns went unnoticed, we began looking at other options. LiveAgent was one of those that appeared and from the outset, it proved to be not only a replacement for ZenDesk, but a better solution (at a cheaper price!). The combination of Tickets, Chats, Knowledge Base, and Social Media interactions all being combined into one platform for our Customer Support Team makes it easy for them to respond quickly and efficiently to our users. On top of that, their support team is amazing and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

What do you dislike?

It is a complex program that requires some configuration and setup. The great thing is that their support team is ALWAYS there when we can't figure something out. They even go as deep as looking at our code that we have set up to help us determine what is going on and provide suggestions for improving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No other company I have found allows you to connect all of the features of tickets, chats, social media, knowledge base, and user forums all in one. It's amazing!

LiveAgent allows us to support our users from all over the world through many different mediums - Support Tickets, Chat, Social Media, Knowledge Base, and User Forums. The fact that it is all in one platform makes it easy to maintain, track users across the different mediums, and provide quick and efficient support to our users, no matter the time or day.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

LiveAgent review by brayant S.
brayant S.

"Easy to understand and simplified solutions to managing requests"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that its so easy to use and training for its usage are so simple. Online assistance is available at all times and great to work with on finding solutions or responses to whatever obstacle is presented. Tagging system and postponing tickets makes it easy to manage all types of requests.

What do you dislike?

Getting started could be a bit of a difficulty if you are not accustomed to working in such a way and there could be a bit of backlash for your coworkers since there are extra steps that are needed when responding requests but are better in the long run for metrics and control of requests.

The main benefits that are found are easy measuring of requests and type of requests being received as well a simplified way to analyze all this information without a million Excels or information gathering. As well as providing more control and distribution of workload for your team.

LiveAgent review by ChristinaDale E.
ChristinaDale E.

"Great system! Easy transition from Gmail"

What do you like best?

System is very user friendly and easy to use. The company I work for switched from Gmail to LiveAgent and it was an easy transition. Learned the system very quickly - after one or two shifts working on it felt confident that I understood it.

What do you dislike?

Hmm, I guess I've personally found the signature to work a bit spotty. The only other thing would be the filtering of emails. Would like a bit more flexibility with that. But, those two items are not a big deal to me. The benefits and successes far out-weigh these two items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend trying it out. It's a huge improvement over using Gmail - that's for sure!

Spell check and email formatting are great. We used to have to type our emails in a Google doc, then paste it into Notepad before we could post into Gmail because Gmail would add from very strange formatting. Don't miss that at all!! It was so much work and such a headache.

Also, the notes option is really helpful. We can chat discuss the email with other team members and formulate responses right in the notes section and that information is never seen by the customer. It's very helpful!

I like that the emails are linked together as well. We did not see that happening in Gmail as each email arrived independent of other email strings we may have had with the same customer.

LiveAgent review by Tania D.
Tania D.

"Love everything about LiveAgent - Seriously!"

What do you like best?

The organization of requests coming in, the confidentiality I can offer my clients, the tracking, the app, the ability to see at a glance the turnaround and the resolution of tickets. All of it. Even the customer service was knowledgeable and friendly. I also love the analytics in the dashboard. LIveAgent is an investment I am so glad to make each month!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not come across any part of this service that I don't like...it's a very impressive setup, especially for the price. Oh, I can say there was a small learning curve for someone who is not tech savvy to set up the emails, but once I figured it out, it was easy, peasy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love it! LiveAgent is complete for me - I have access to analytics, timekeeping, chat, etc. and everything I've used, I've loved. There was only a learning curve (for me) for set up, but once I figured it out, I felt it was a breeze. I always recommend LiveAgent when someone asks me what we use for our help desk service.

Confidentiality and timely turnaround because people submit tickets, instead asking in a group forum and the time stamp keeps me delivering on time! I love how professionaly it feels having tickets submitted to a help desk and not an email sent to my or my team's email. Not only do I love it, but my clients love it, too!

LiveAgent review by Shawn Z.
Shawn Z.

"A great alternative to the expensive help desks"

What do you like best?

Competes with the leading companies at a fraction of the price. Immediately after sign up, LiveChat has super simple, built-in, implementation prompts that guide you to set up every aspect of your chat support. It comes with all the standard features: ticketing system, easy to install chat functionality on your site, and easy to navigate UI that is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this is brand new - wish I had been able to use it for the past few years instead of having to use ZenDesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the investment for sure! Especially if you get the deal on AppSumo where you can get access for life for one low price!

In my business, if any request falls through the cracks or any product quality control issues arise, I need to make sure there's an easy way for customers to share that information, and for my team to take care of it. LiveChat has helped us in this area.

LiveAgent review by Annemarie D.
Annemarie D.

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like that LA was easy to set up. I didn't have to look at the documentation too much to set it up. It was pretty self explanatory. My company consists of me, my boss, and a contractor. I'm the only one who can set up systems, so the easier the better. Plus, I don't have maintain anything. I also like that I can add chat and phone tracking to the ticket system. Our previous system didn't have that option, unless I entered it manually.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the text box defaults to plain text instead of HTML. So far, that's the only thing I don't like. As we use it more, we may come up with more items to recommend, but so far, I don't have any complaints. When I had questions, LA support answered quickly and pointed me in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LA support is quick and friendly. It's easy to set up without looking at the documentation, it's priced right for all business types. It has so many great features, we can now implement additional contact sources we never thought about before.

With multiple clients and multiple threads of emails, having everything organized is extremely important so changes and important emails aren't missed. Being the only employee, LA made keeping everyone up to date and easier to attend to, instead of scrolling through hundreds of emails. Our last ticket system, OSTicket, was very difficult to navigate, set up, and make edits to. My biggest issue with it was the text box in the tickets. It was very glitchy and I had to go into code view often to fix it's formatting. I don't have to do that with LA. I just type my response or send the initial ticket, and I'm on to the next task.

LiveAgent review by Francisco A.
Francisco A.

"One of the best tools for my business"

What do you like best?

For me, the best is its enormous possibilities, its complete functions, its integration with many languages, its customization possibilities, but the best of all is its incredible technical support that answers all the doubts, problems and questions

What do you dislike?

Very little to say here. Maybe you need to improve some things like the mobile application that is very basic and also modernize the aesthetics of the dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I wouldn't think so: Good price and excellent service, they're a winning combination. I had tried many options before and this is almost the best I could find, but the best thing is that they seem to listen to their users and they want to keep improving more and more to be better and that is very important because your investment is insured and in the future you will receive more value

I manage several products in my business and they are all self-developed products, and they are saas software. I was looking for a system for these products to offer a great online support, but that includes everything (chat, tickets, etc) and with LiveAgent I found it. Now my customers are happier and congratulate me because they notice the great improvement that using LiveAgent

LiveAgent review by Quentin P.
Quentin P.

"Seamless setup and operation"

What do you like best?

I had it set up and running in 5 minutes including the chatbot and feedback options - and I didn't need to use the tutorial once. I was able to test it out too with the minimum of fuss - I just went to my website, clicked the chat button and I was notified immediately that someone was calling. Very slick fast interface and app.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure they could make a better on/off option for when no one's here - but honestly, it doesn't really matter as it's currently only 2 clicks to do this anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked around and tried many different solutions including a freeware self-hosted option, but LiveAgent blew them all away for me. I love simplicity and anything I can set up in minutes without needing to wade through tutorials and videos will always be a winner for me.

I needed a support portal for existing clients so we make sure nothing is missed, as well as an option to bring on new prospects. This has done exactly what I needed.

LiveAgent review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"LiveAgent has great features without the high price tag"

What do you like best?

As a startup looking for a combination of needed tools but at a price that fits the budget, LiveAgent delivers.

We had live chat buttons added to our websites quickly. We integrated multiple social media channels and multiple profiles from each. Live chat has worked perfectly both in testing and with customers.

We have our teams segmented and have dashboards for reporting. We also track internal chats and calls in LA for reference.

We also use the call center with Twilio as our VOIP service. It was very easy to set up. As I understand it, call center is still being enhanced, but it serves our smaller scale needs for now and expect it to grow with our needs.

Customer support is quick to respond and help out with setup and other questions that come up.

I have been very satisfied with the whole package, price, service, features, and ease-of-use.

What do you dislike?

The tutorials could use more screenshots and drill into more detail. The caveat being their live chat is quick to answer questions on the self-help guide.

We use LA to monitor social media, live chat for customers from our website, knowledge base for self help, and call center with all calls recorded.

This has centralized our process for customer interaction.

LiveAgent review by Bjorn A.
Bjorn A.

"The only helpdesk I recoemmend"

What do you like best?

The number of features, the support is awesome (this is key for me), the features to price ratio.

What do you dislike?

The graphics could use a refresh, but that can happen at some point in the future. The functionality is more important than the graphics. I would like to see more social networks support. Right now only Facebook and Twitter are supported and I would love to see Facebook Groups, LinkedIn and YouTube in there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Get a free trial from all the help desk software out there and compare them. Pick the one that fits your needs the best. I believe that LiveAgent will fit the needs of most businesses.

I'm able to support my customers and leads on nearly any platform they use (except for the ones listed above). It helps me create a nearly unified inbox, which makes for much more efficient workflows.

LiveAgent review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Moved to LiveAgent from Freshdesk"

What do you like best?

Love that I was able to import Freshdesk into LiveAgent just with a plugin. All I had to do was add my Freshdesk credentials and click Save. LiveAgent did the heavy lifting of moving over everything. The tickets, the knowledgebase, the agents, I mean everything. Then the new customer checklist helped me get my LiveAgent account setup in no time.

What do you dislike?

I'm a new user and so far I haven't disliked anything. I'm not expecting to dislike anything either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all-in-one solution for a support desk with live chat, then you should definitely check out LiveAgent. It's easy to get set up. You can customize the look and feel of your support desk and live chat. Along with having great support from the LiveAgent team.

LiveAgent helps me provide live chat for my website visitors along with a knowledgebase.

LiveAgent review by Alberto A.
Alberto A.

"The best thing you can do for your company is to implement this Help desk software"

What do you like best?

It's simply fantastic. It offers tons of benefits for your small business.

Live Agent offers hundreds of benefits for both your customer support staff and the general clientele.

The different integrations provided by ladesk for your company's websites will absolutely meet all expectations, facilitating all types of communication between user and service provider.

What do you dislike?

Is pretty hard to find something to dislike in this help desk platform, but if we have to mention one it would certainly be it's price. Particularly speaking the price for each additional agent. I.e. if your plan includes 2 agents + ticket and chat support for $29 per month, and you want to add an additional agent, they will charge you $29 for each agent, which does not seems to be fair.

nevertheless is actually the best help desk platform i have ever tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Migrate to ladesk live agent as soon as possible, you will not regret!

The main function implemented by us, is the "live chat", which works like a charm. It's great to being able to see what the customer is typing right away, real real-time (without having to wait until they actually send the message), helps our staff to speed up and improve the process of generating a complete answer.

It will also organize all the chats received in an adequate and comfortable way, including its respective ticket number and other information provided by the client.

The "chat overview" function also allows you to see from where, geographically speaking, you are being contacted (via it's ip).

This help desk is also marvelous for managers, since it shows easily a tons of data reports like: chat load, chat availability, agent availability (hourly, daily, monthly...).

LiveAgent review by Mario C.
Mario C.

"Simple yet complete"

What do you like best?

This tool is probably the easiest to use I've seen or used, it's even pretty to look at and our agents get used to it in no time, being in a complicated business it's a relief to have some simple and user focused tools.

Controls and administration is pretty transparent, also the're always innovating and improving. Aivo's team is always up to the task even when facing complications due to our own or third party's systems.

Having a close relationship with a young development company allows us to evolve together.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the support is not as fast as we wish, it's good enough tho. Being a solution from the same partner as the virtual assistant, I hope for more interaction between the VA and the human chat platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you are an hands on customer and like to be aware of how things work, Aivo team is great and close, always looking to understand business needs and develop new solutions, development sometimes takes a wile when done from scratch but fixes and improvements are recurrent, fast and transparent.

We are using it to give immediate support to our customers in various social and owned media. Hopefully this tool will develop a stronger and wider tool that allow us to have full cross channel visibility and global interaction with our virtual assistant(s).

LiveAgent review by Julietta P.
Julietta P.

"I have been working with the live agent for already 2 years."

What do you like best?

I like the system it is made. The program is excellent. It works properly. It helps us to solve a number of given issues. It is very useful, practical, easy to work with. If we did not have this program I do not know what we should do. It is a proper thing to use it in gambling / casino industry. It is especially designed for this purpose. It can be used in another spheres as well, as it is a great program I recommend to install and use it wherever you want. I wish it is improved year by year to meet the requirements of the 21st

century.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say any special thing. If I notice any I shall let you know.Sometimes it is out of order and then we cannot work. Maybe some features can be designed better to attract the users and the customers as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an amazing program, install and use it.

I am a customer support live agent, I help the customers with their issues. I have been using the live agent for 2 years already. We help the customers with their accounts, withdrawals, deposits, etc. We solve the current issues of the day and it makes very many issues to be solved on time and easier. You can use it as a good live support for your site. It is easy-going and practical, designed to help the both sides properly.

LiveAgent review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Reliable, well-organized, fairly priced"

What do you like best?

The agent section is intuitive. I'm finding my way around it quicker than other support apps, and in turn getting a lot more done. I like the tabbed approach because as I am adding to my canned messages I frequently pop in and out of threads; the design reduces total navigational clicks.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes as of yet. I'm the only agent right now, so we'll see what happens if and when I add in some more team members - but for now LiveAgent is crushing it for me.

It's helping me bring order and movement to my support activities. Other tools were either way too robust or just not designed well. I like how I can use the LiveAgent site on my iPad and get stuff done anywhere. The overall effect of LA is that I don't actually think about LA, which to me is the real success. I just get in, turn it on, and hit the inbox. Dare I say it's actually making my customer support...enjoyable?

LiveAgent review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"A good feature set for the money."

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use, and it organizes the tickets well. The analytics and reporting offer a good view of what all the agents have been up and how fast issues are getting resolved.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to assign tickets to other agents, and I wish there was greater control with which email address the different departments can sent out as. You can pick an account to send as, but you cannot pick an alias from that account. There are not a lot of plugins from other services for LiveAgent yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see if it meets your needs. It doesn't have all the features or notoriety of FreshDesk or ZenDesk, but I think it will meet the needs of a lot of small to medium businesses.

We are using it for our internal helpdesk for all our sister companies, and it is working very well to keep all the issues organized and our agents on task.

LiveAgent review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Quick and Easy full ticket system"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with all the ways to create and stay in touch with a customer for creating a ticket. The internal ticket is even great for in house tickets. We have setup almost any form of chat for our customers with in terms creating and responding to a ticket because of this.

What do you dislike?

The system was a little overwhelming and complicated at first, however a few video tutorials and much exploration and it's like i've been using the system for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to watch videos and play around to learn, there are so many features to use that make everything easy. Keyboard Shortcuts alone make this type of thing easier to use.

Connections with customers, information missing with tickets are all issues we've had. This new ticket system seems to work perfectly for that, allowing custom notes or ways to communicate with the customer.

LiveAgent review by Sumeet M.
Sumeet M.

"Certainly better than most of the tools out there!"

What do you like best?

First, we love the simplicity of this tool as it's so easy and simple to use. It took us a few mins to configure it properly. The pricing is a major deciding factor for us as you have all the essential tools at one place whether it's Knowledgebase or the Social Support Channels.

What do you dislike?

Nothing big as such, though we're looking for some advanced features and in-built integrations with CRM and Form fields. Further customization and availability Whatsapp Business and Twitter to continue the chats as in some other tools will make it best among rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please bring more feature in Chat Support by bringing users screen sharing feature and Whatsapp Business integration.

It's an All-in-One tool and that's all we wanted. We really love the single dashboard panel rather than separate integrations seen in Zendesk and Freshworks.

LiveAgent review by Jacob W.
Jacob W.

"Excellent Product - Easy Implementation, Intuitive to Use"

What do you like best?

It's very visual; items are colour coded with very visible tags, assigned agent names, etc. It's very easy to skim through your list of tickets and see what's going on quickly. The New, Open and Answered statuses work automatically quite well, and the Postpone option is very useful. Also, the automation options - creating rules as to what to do with certain tickets - is a big time saver. Best of all, the basic package is full featured; you don't have to pay more to avoid losing communication from your clients.

What do you dislike?

There are some simple features that would be nice additions. For example, having the option to click a reply button for internal messages would be nice; currently, you have to forward, and then enter the e-mail address. There are little things that we can work around, but I hope to see them down the road.

Also, the knowledge base options seem to be public or internal; it would be nice to have an option to make it available for registered clients, but not the public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product. It is versatile and can meet a larger variety of needs.

It helps track client communication better, and ensure that each client issue or request has someone overseeing the process, even when it goes through several departments. It also helps track timing, and provides ways to come back to things weeks or months down the road.

LiveAgent review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great Solution for our Customer Support Needs"

What do you like best?

In the past, our Support Reps were living in multiple solutions: Gmail/GoogleApps for emails, Zopim for chats, phone software for our phone queue. The email solution was the worst. Our reps would reply "Handling" to an email to let other reps know they were working on that email. This led to a lot of people working on the same issue, a lot of duplicative, unnecessary work when reps didn't do the "Handling" reply first. It also led to a lot of missed emails. With LiveAgent, you know if another agent is already working on a ticket. We have the SLA rules set up, so we never miss an email or a followup.

With the live chat built into the same solution as our email tickets, we are able to see immediately what other chats or emails this customer has had recently.

Now that our reps only have to 'live' in one solution, they don't miss emails or chats by forgetting to switch back and forth between email and chat.

What do you dislike?

So far my only dislike is they do not allow each user to have the software open in multiple tabs. Our support reps have 3 monitors and it would be nice to have chats up on one monitor and email tickets on another. We asked for this feature and they said they do not plan on allowing it to prevent people from sharing logins to get around their per-user subscription model. I understand that, but it seems like there should be a way to restrict the user's session to one computer at a time while allowing multiple windows open. Overall, this is a very minor dislike.

Our reps only need to 'live' in one solution to manage our customer contacts.

We no longer miss emails from our customers.

We can track our reps productivity and point out additional training opportunities for reps.

Training new reps has become easier because we can get them an account and let them watch chats.

LiveAgent review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Such a great program! Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

How simple it was to implement into our website and how great the support staff has been through the entire set up process.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was an easier way to see that you have incoming chats. When the sounds is on it's super easy with the noises it makes, but with no sound it would be nice to have a flashing tab or something of the like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use! After researching several live chat programs, Live Agent definitely came out on top! It was so easy to implement into the website, so easy to understand and be comfortable with in the back end, which helps when you need to train multiple CSRs with the product!

We are seeing it as another great way to interact with our customers and reach out in ways that we weren't able to before! It has helped us find areas where customers seem to be stuck on our website, and the most common issues that accrue.

LiveAgent review by Irina P.
Irina P.

"Good software"

What do you like best?

This software allows to create predefined answers

Tickets, email, chats - all in 1 software

You can review performance of each agent, how much hours worked, how many emails answered and chats were taken

You can create filter to review each agent's replies for statistics

You can send email to customer if he accidentally disconnected, which allows to provide better customer support

You can manage ticket's importance by using labels and to assign them directly to responsible person

Live agent's customer support is very helpful and response time is very quick

What do you dislike?

Would be great to integrate translator in chat

When customer opens new window new chat comes, would be better if his chat was linked during one session

To make icon bigger which is showing that 1 agent is already reviewing email or to add lock option to email when it is already open by another user

Customer assistance

Allows for several agents to communicate with one customer, which is useful during training

User-friendly interface, easy to navigate

LiveAgent review by Krista R.
Krista R.

"Great organizational tool for teams!"

What do you like best?

LiveAgent has been such a wonderful tool for our team. It allows us to quickly see the status of all emails in the inbox. We can quickly see at a glance what email are being handled and which ones are in need of a response. It also allows you to tag emails for even further organization. I also really like the ability to add internal notes to a ticket so that we can have internal discussions regarding a particular email string. The dashboards/reporting are great and we also really like the customization options with templates for responses and setting up different rules. It was very quick to get up and running with the platform!

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much that I dislike! My only complaint is that it would be nice to have an option to receive email notifications even if you are currently online/signed in. They currently only send if you are offline, but we keep LiveAgent open in a tab within our browser all day.

This has been a huge help in making sure that customer emails do not fall through the cracks or they are not getting a double response from our team. It allows us to quickly see who is handling a particular message, or allows us to transfer ownership of a ticket to the appropriate team member.

LiveAgent review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"Streamlined and lots of integration options"

What do you like best?

I like that the prepackaged integration code only took an afternoon to deploy on multiple sites by regular admins without needed our webdev to get involved. I also like the badge system. It's kind of fun and has gotten quite a bit of friendly competition in the office.

What do you dislike?

Some of our staff use a shared email. I would like to see the ability to identify a user to my customer that we can set by session not by email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option for funneling contacts from multiple sites into a single point of contact, provided those sites allow custom code.

Just during the trial period we have made several good inbound contacts. Since, we have noticed that it's a good way for non-english speakers to reach out, and we can combine with Google Translate to work across the language barrier.

LiveAgent review by Pratima P.
Pratima P.

"LiveAgent is fun and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize our reports. I also enjoy the earned badges that displays what stage each agent has achieved based on their customer service. I like that we can customize anything in regards to how the chats are routed and the greeting for each agent to customer. I really like that we can see what the customer is typing and that gives us the opportunity to locate their information and possibly a solution before they even hit send!

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I don't like just yet...maybe I haven't been using the problem long enough to discover a con?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it is awesome!

Using this program has allowed us to eliminate any back and forth emails with customers and we can now provide them with a solution instantly rather than them waiting for a response.

LiveAgent review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Saves my team hundreds of hours"

What do you like best?

It integrates with every channel we have for communication with customers. This gives my team a one-stop-shop to check all channels and operate from. This saves them hours of time each week, makes them happier, and has reduced our number of missed comms.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing yet. It was easy to integrate into our team and didn't require much training in order to get my support team rocking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's extremely easy to use and my team absolutely loves it. It makes it easier for them to do what they need to get done. It's simple, and easy to access which is nice .

Helps to unify all your communication channels into one where your support team and check, maintain, manage and reply to customers.

LiveAgent review by Josen R.
Josen R.

"This is an Amazingly Awesome Software App!"

What do you like best?

I just got this app and I am very excited about it! It's exactly what I've been looking for in a help desk software. I had been looking for a help desk solution and almost paid 10x what I got LiveAgent for. I contacted their support team via live chat and was surprised by the quick and thorough customer service. I would highly recommend LiveAgent to anyone with support desk needs!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like just yet. We shall see what happens.

I just started using the software and am still setting it up. But I am confident that my positive experience will continue based upon all of the awesome reviews I have read and based upon my own experience.

LiveAgent review by Andreina C.
Andreina C.

"A great sotfware to provide online support to your customers."

What do you like best?

What I like about Live Agent is that it allows you to respond to emails, tickets, chats, messages from social media all from one place. You can create predefined answers for a better workflow and a faster response.

You can also supervise the work of each support agent. You can see how many hours each agent worked, how many tickets he answered. You can assign tickets to a particular agent to solve a customer's problem or assign it to a department.

You can filter the tickets according to their importance, assign labels and more. You will have a well organized work and you will be able to satisfy the customers.

This is great software to provide online support to your customers.

I really recommend it, it is very easy to use and you have many tools to provide a complete and fast customer service.

What do you dislike?

I had some problems to setup my mail accounts and sometimes it takes a while to update some data such as the number of tickets answered by agents. Fortunately, you can contact their support team and they will respond immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to ensure you personalize everything before putting the service to work.

I can answer the customer's questions, complaints and claims with efficiency and in a simple way.

LiveAgent review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Streamlined our multi-user email and made it fun, too!"

What do you like best?

Compared to a shared outlook inbox we can allocate emails with tags that highlight not only who the email is for, what the subject is regarding but also keywords that we can search on. This has helped us create multiple inboxes for smaller areas of our business increasing our efficiency in helping our customers.

What do you dislike?

The search function seems very basic and doesn't make a lot of sense. To find historical emails I can only search by the customer's first name. For example in "liveagent@myemailaddress.com" it won't pick up on "myemailaddress" or "liveagent" as a searchable body.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LiveAgent really has the ability to streamline your email service and create a more organised and easy-to-use space to work in, especially more teams that share the same inbox.

Our response rate has increased noticeably and our entire email communication feels more organised.

LiveAgent review by Aaron L.
Aaron L.

"Simple. Easy. Robust help desk system."

What do you like best?

LiveAgent was simple and easy to setup. I looked at one of their competitors and I could not get them to help me or take my money so I came back to LiveAgent. The people at LiveAgent are knowledgeable and very helpful. I also love the fact that when signing up I got a free tech since we are small start up company and there are only two of us right now. Overall, very pleased with the quality and customize able system they provide.

What do you dislike?

I think my only dislike or more suggestion would be to have more 3rd party integrations into the system.

I am using LiveAgent to streamline and organize my technical support. Allowing the more personal feel of live chat integration into my website was a major plus to the customer service we would like to provide.

LiveAgent review by Julia S.
Julia S.

"Easy to use inbox tool"

What do you like best?

LiveAgent is very easy to use and lets you see at a glance what needs answered. It organizes it so the oldest emails/tickets appear at the top of the list so you know what needs taken care of first without scrolling down. Adding tags such as feedback or a bug is helpful so you can filter items and quickly categorize emails. Being able to assign tickets to other people makes it even better. Lastly, the view and organization makes it easy to see what's been responded to so there are no emails that get responded to twice.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to receive email notifications when something is assigned to you even if you are logged into LiveAgent.

Assigning emails to different people on our team and delegating tasks. Making sure emails/chats are getting handled as quickly as possible.

LiveAgent review by Leslie H.
Leslie H.

"Very helpful staff!"

What do you like best?

The staff was very helpful and did not want to give up trying to make sure their product worked on our site. Once it was up and running, it has been very easy to use and grabbed your attention when you have a new chat incoming.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a time that it would automatically shut down after business hours instead of me having to physically sign out each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The staff is extremely helpful and the product is easy to use.

We are a real estate development team trying to find prospectives new homes! We'd like to go one step further than our competitors and integrate this live chat so we can have a personal connection with those visiting our site.

LiveAgent review by Thimmy I.
Thimmy I.

"An excellent ticketing system "

What do you like best?

I like LiveAgent because it's very easy to navigate and it has a nice user-friendly layout with a lot of important functions that other ticketing systems are missing. The live support you are providing is also very efficient and helpful if something isn't working as it should. Also that you are able to see what the customer is writing in advance is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

It would be very nice if you were able to implement an IP ban function so we are able to block customers that abuse the support. Would also be a big plus if the customers were able to attach files even from mobile version and not only desktop.

It's a very easy way to interact with our customer and helping them with various problems over chat and e-mail.

LiveAgent review by Administrator

"LiveAgent is a flexible, customizable, convenient and profitable service for working with clients"

What do you like best?

I started using LiveAgent (Livedesk) quite recently. I have been looking for a high-quality and flexible tool for working with clients for a very long time. Most of all I was pleasantly surprised by the high level of service in LiveAgent, the quick responses of support staff, flexible conditions on all tariff plans.

I was able to quickly understand a large number of settings, because LiveAgent is designed very professionally. All the necessary settings at hand. Easy to customize the interface for the client portal. LiveAgent has the interface language I need, and you can also add your own phrases and translate your interface.

I also liked that there is the possibility of flexible configuration of tickets, departments and operators. You can create custom contact forms, an unlimited number of files per ticket is supported, and the size of a single file is more than suitable for most tasks.

It can be seen that LiveAgent was created for a long time and very carefully. There are many thoughtful things here that at first glance may not seem necessary or logical, but over time you realize that this is very necessary.

I will definitely recommend LiveAgent to my friends who are looking for a good service to interact with customers.

What do you dislike?

I could not find the cons in LiveAgent. I have already written what I like and so far I have no reason to criticize.

I have been looking for a good SaaS service to work with customer requests. I need LiveAgent to organize and control customer requests. I support clients through LiveAgent - tickets and emails.

The main advantages for me in LiveAgent are a flexible system of settings, wide opportunities for customization, good technical support of the service, advantageous tariff plans

LiveAgent review by Administrator

"New job, picked LiveAgent again as helpdesk tool of choice"

What do you like best?

I knew LiveAgent from my previous job, and when I started working for a new employer, I noticed the support questions were coming in by email to individual employees. I quickly replaced that method by LiveAgent. It's easily understood by all users, does what it needs to do and (very important) its additional functions that we don't uses, such as chatting or an online wiki, don't get in the way if you don't need them.

What do you dislike?

LiveAgents seems to be made with full-time helpdesk workers in mind. The work time registration works accordingly. In our case, where both consultants and software engineers reply to helpdesk tickets in between their other tasks, it's more tedious to get a reliable hours registration. Right now, we're only counting questions-per-customer but it doesn't tell us everything I'd like to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask yourself if you'd like to have the simple metaphor of a shared and managed mailbox with extra features. If so, don't look further but go for LiveAgent.

The centralised and share access to helpdesk support tickets allows us to work much more efficient and professional. Also, it's easier to go back to the history of customers as opposed to asking individual employees to dig in their old emails.

"Living in Live Agent"

What do you like best?

Our company is a back office, so we constantly have emails, chats and fax that must be shared between as a team of 10. Live Agent is helped our team communicate and have increased the visibility on project resolutions.

What do you dislike?

Three issue's we've faced in Live Agent:

1. When a sting of emails grows past 3. Large email strings can quickly become messy and hard to search for attachments. To help mitigate this try splitting a chain. Not always the best fix, but it can help.

2. Sending group emails. We have over 500 contractors that we support. Live Agent will not allow you to C/P 500 email addresses from an excel sheet - like Gmail does.

3. Replies to group emails quickly becomes messy. Do not waste your time BCCing a large group. As they respond the chains grow extensively and this will force you to split them anyway. Save your time and do not send large BBCed emails if it requires a response.

Time saver. Live Agent allows everyone to see all the issues, and assign tags to ID issues quickly. By assigning users to each problem, everyone is not forced to read each email.

LiveAgent review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"It's a Jack of all Support Trades"

What do you like best?

It's really got all you need for multi-channel support. We like the tickets, but also the Live Chat and Phone support. The other big feature that we like is that it includes a Customer Portal - which also includes all of the customer's tickets as well as Knowledge Base.

What do you dislike?

It could be easier to setup and a bit more of a modern UI, but it's good none the less.

There are lots of settings and the system could walk users through configuring them much better than it currently does. Again, it's not too bad, it's just not as modern as other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and decide for yourself. They offer a trial, so it's easy to try a feature or two before committing long term.

We needed to offer LiveChat for our site as well as provide traceable service for our customers... LiveAgent makes this all work in a single tool.

LiveAgent review by User

"Best way to keep track of customer issues"

What do you like best?

I love that this program ties into everything from our website to our social media to internal tickets. its an all-in-one for a help desk agent

What do you dislike?

I will they had the option to create tickets through an app for tech in field

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to keep track of customer issues and close them in a timely manner, than this product is for you. It also helps you keep track of who is visiting your website and let you chat with them directly. This product will improve your business. Also it has features where it ties in with all your social media so it can create tickets as soon as someone posts on your wall for send your a private message.

I am solving customer issue in a timely manner because of this software and also making sure that I do not miss any of my customers .

LiveAgent review by Bryan W.
Bryan W.

"Does everything we need!"

What do you like best?

Centralized chats & tickets - we finally have one place for our customer service team to address questions from multiple sources (social media, web chats, contact forms, etc).

What do you dislike?

No on/off office hours for web chat - we have to use some javascript to turn off our chat window after hours. This could be accomplished by having users log in and out each day, but that's not entirely reliable either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only complaint is the inability to set hours for your live chat

Giving customer service the ability to answer social media questions, emails, and chats in one place. Helps us keep tabs on how our customers are interacting with us.

LiveAgent review by User in Internet

"Great for teams on a budget."

What do you like best?

LiveAgent offers a lot for a low price. We chose LiveAgent to set up a multibrand ticketing system (multiple domains), which it does very well and better than some of the higher priced software out there. In short, here are my pros:

- Easily set up multiple domains and customize signatures for each domain

- Easily set up folders and filter tickets on many different criteria

- Slack integrations. One we used was to get a notification in slack every time we received a ticket in the "New" folder

- It doesn't send emails to Spam (I've tested other help desk solutions, and we've had to deal with emails from customers just going to spam because of the provider's spam folder).

What do you dislike?

It automatically assigns a random ticket code such as [XZJ-OHE] to each email which we didn't want.

- If you're going to send emails to many recipients within the same ticket and one of them replies, you can't hit reply to that person because ALL recipients originally included in the ticket will receive that reply. You'll either have to remove all email addresses or split the ticket.

- The text editor: It does have many features like change text font and size, include links, special characters, block quotes etc, but it often reformats text and doesn't display the ticket the way that the customer will receive it in their inbox. The text format changes after sending.

- The image editor for signatures is buggy.

- Support wasn't great. Every time we contacted support they just gave us standard answers and didn't bother going the extra mile.

We were able to build a multi-domain ticket desk for multiple agents on a small budget.

LiveAgent review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"New to LiveAgent but impressed"

What do you like best?

Live Agent includes a ticketing system, live chat, and also allows phone calls through voip. I don't use the phone part of it, but the ticket and chat system is exactly what I have been looking for. I'm about to launch a new business that will need this, and have been testing things out, and they have all the features I need.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little dated but I think they are working on improving that

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend testing out any platform you feel would be a solution to your issue. You may find LiveAgent to meet your needs but it is always good to try other solutions. I have used zendesk, helpscout, and other solutions. I don't feel live agent is far superior but I do feel they offer more options that I was looking for. What works for me may not work for everyone, so use the solution that best fits your needs. Just know that live agent as a company is very pleasant to deal with.

I needed a support system and that is what they are providing. Chat and ticket system is what I was looking for.

LiveAgent review by Brynn P.
Brynn P.

"Great program! Easy to use and fits our needs perfectly! "

What do you like best?

It is not an overly complicated program and is very user friendly. If an issue does arise there is always help available. Our team greatly benefits from being able to see what others are working on and eliminates confusion and a lot of unnecessary correspondence. The ticket system is a great feature and also easy to use and keep track of. It is very easy to manage all of your contacts from one central point and the time tracking system is something not available on other similar platforms that we utilize quite a bit.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to complain about. Sometimes the website can have some minor glitches or bug issues but they are usually quickly and easily resolved. Customer support is great and always prioritizes any issues we have come in contact with so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! You won't regret it and I guarantee it will help solve any communication/organization issues you may be facing.

This has greatly helped us become more organized and efficient. Communication is much better within our team and with customers as well. The time tracking sheets greatly help eliminate confusion.

LiveAgent review by Administrator

"Excellent software for any online business"

What do you like best?

Everything is packed in one package from online chat to ticket creation, VOIP, SIP, video and audio call and complete CRM system. Every single option in the package is completely customizable. I installed several widgets on my different websites and all worked with no problem. Customer support team is great. No matter when you call day and night someone is there to help you. They never sleep like others. I love it.

What do you dislike?

Their IOS app is outdated. It does not support many features. However, I heard they are releasing a new version that will solve most of the problems. That will be really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When compared with others, Live Agent Provides so many things into one place that will make life easy and will help to focus on other things.

Live Agent helped me to keep track of customers issues and helped me to provide me with better customer support. It also helped me to coordinate with my VA effectively.

LiveAgent review by Jarvis M.
Jarvis M.

"Make Your Support Life 1000% Easier - FANTASTIC CRM App"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the software is hands-down the unification of multiple support channels into a single unified response platform. If you manage multiple properties with a variety of communication channels this is the tool for you. My use case was simple: I wanted a single unified channel for multiple 'support@xxxxx.com' email addresses for various websites. Within 1 hour of implementing this software, I had created exactly the platform I needed.

In addition since my websites are Wordpress I was easily able to add LIVE chat (with offline 'contact us' backup). This is software that will instantly make you more productive if your manage multiple communication channels. This is a very mature product thats fully featured and an amazing value for the price.

What do you dislike?

Very minor quibbles. lack of HTML signatures (while still supporting text signatures). Also a slightly un-intuitive setup process that's easily understood after you setup a few email/chat channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its almost a no-brainer if you fit into the needs usage for this product. No harm in giving the free trial a shot. You wont regret it. I dont. Very mature product.

Unifying multiple customers communication channels it a single platform where those responses can be easily managed and addressed.

LiveAgent review by Job L.
Job L.

"Easy to use software what works for your support"

What do you like best?

We like that we can use it for all our brands and use different chats for different brands in the same backand this speeds up the sopport for us and helping our clients faster. the integrated video chat is a great extra for this product. the setup of the live agent is easy to do and we havee set it up in just one day and could go live with it. the inplementing to our websites is also really easy to do and we found no hickups doning this.

What do you dislike?

There is not a thing we can say about the cons. we think there are no cons. Maybe a feature like whatapp busniss adding to the software and linkedin support that is not there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes we would advice to use it

our support reply is better than before and we can track are support team in ticket solving the client support is better then before. Its a great time saver and cost reduction for personaltime so we can do more with less people this is great. i the costomer experiance is muts better because of the software and the ticket rsolving is higher what makes our costomers happier and have more trust in our company.

LiveAgent review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Very Powerful!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The UI could use a bit of a facelift, it's a bit dated.

The first thing you’re going to notice when you start playing with this is just how powerful it is. You’re most likely going to waste some time just exploring everything that’s in here. Even things like the Rules / Time Rules under automation are very complex and well built, it’s pretty great.There are seriously too many awesome features buried in this to name, but here are some of my favorites so far - Video Calls, Time Tracking, Search and Replace, Google Analytics for the chat events, Giphy integration, Slack Integration and Custom domains with SSL support.Another awesome feature is the Mail outbox. Where it literally tracks every single email sent from the app including transactional emails. I feel like apps hardly ever do this and they make it very difficult to see every single thing sent by their systems, especially transactional emails, which this records too.

LiveAgent review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Deep functionality is offered for an excellent price"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was very professional. Setting up live agent desk was fairly straightforward and when I had an issue connecting the system to my word press website, I had a support person from chat help me. Jacub from Support Chat was very quick to answer and very professional and his help he looked into my system to set up the API keys correctly and had everything running for me in 15 minutes. I was really astonished at the great service.

The functionality this package offers is mind blowing for my needs a small business! It was very easy to link my social media accounts, emails and set up a chat support system that shows up on my website and allows me to help my customers through a web browser or through my iPhone from anywhere in the world. I’m impressed!

What do you dislike?

I guess the online documentation could be a little bit more extensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to contact support, as they are excellent.

I can centralize support for customers in one single system, and I can allow other people to login and work on tickets.

LiveAgent review by Matthias S.
Matthias S.

"More than you expect"

What do you like best?

Live-chat, a sort of lead-capture, audio-live-chat, video-live-chat, support-tickets, all your emails in one place and much, much more. What a big time saver and insurance to forgot nothing in the belonging sense.

What do you dislike?

It took me around two hours since those features I need worked in my sense. But afterwards LiveAgent began to work, to run and to save money and time. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes maybe some hours to implement / to set up, but then it simplifies your processes, saves time and is maybe your biggest insurance to not leave prospects or clients behind / forget them.

I am a coach in the field of personalization.

It is a great feeling to know you will no more leave a conversation with a client or prospect "hanging" somewhere in the crowded forest of emails and support tickets. Comments on Facebook and Twitter included. So many features combined in one place / one dashboard. A big (and in some cases maybe last) step towards being able to work from everywhere in the world.

LiveAgent review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"This ties a bunch of loose ends together"

What do you like best?

I just started using LiveAgent and really like it. I can finally streamline all of my websites and support tickets together into one central dashboard. There are plenty of options when it comes to configuring the service. You can make your setup as complex or as simple as you'd like to. You can't beat that.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike with the service. It works as advertised so I'm very happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone. The only issue I has was choosing API 3 instead of API one when I was connecting LiveAgent to the first site (using their WordPress plugin that's available for free in the WordPress Plugin repository). That was the only thing I did wrong, and their customer service was great in helping me resolve the issue.

Our new help desk went live the same day we bought it!

I've tried many different help desk solutions from free to paid. I could never find a solution that worked for my business AND my clients. In other words, what was easy and convenient for me was too much like jumping through hoops for them. LiveAgent solved that, making it easy for both parties to connect and get problems or issues resolved.

Learn more about LiveAgent

LiveAgent Videos

Learning about LiveAgent?

* We monitor all LiveAgent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(841 reviews)