LiveRail

LiveRail, a Facebook company, is a leading publisher monetization platform for video

Work for LiveRail?
Aerserv logo  publisheradserv  2x

Learning about LiveRail?

LiveRail Reviews

Showing 14 LiveRail reviews
LiveRail review by <span>Ian S.</span>
Ian S.

LiveRail is an amazing product, its the future!

What do you like best?

I love how in-depth the program goes to show me user interaction with videos, and the rate of clicks per play. It's worked super well for my clients.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to judge how accurate the algorithim is, sometimes the data can appear a little wonky, but maybe that's just me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely say that if you're looking to maximize your customer base, and really crunch some numbers, LiveRail is a great product. Highly recommend, I'm blown away by the amount of information we receive from it.

We're able to see the amount of traffic our ads are being exposed to, and able to determine the audience in which we are advertising to, and not just from a social media platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LiveRail
LiveRail review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

LiveRail - In the Noob

What do you like best?

As a website designer and online solutions provider, online and video marketing is almost inevitable for clients even for your own projects. LiveRail now (Facebook's Audience Network) is helpful. After breezing through documentations, you'll find the benefits of people-based marketing that eventually increases your revenue potential and encourage greater audience engagement throughout the lifetime of your app or site.

What do you dislike?

LiveRail is great but no product is just completely perfect. I know personally, platforms can be more user-friendly with the ability to easier understand the documentations, which in return, makes it easier for client/developer collaborations to complete projects faster.

While I do a lot of consultation and studying to better serve my clients, more often now clients inquire about better ways to monetize their desktop and or mobile sites. LiveRail will make the difference, experience wise.

What Publisher Ad Server solution do you use?

LiveRail review by <span>Leslie M.</span>
Leslie M.

Good video ad server; missing a couple of key features

What do you like best?

Liverail seems like a modern video ad server. The interface is fairly logical and easy to use, and once you get the hang of reports, they work just fine and you can schedule them with ease. If you had never trafficked a raw video asset in Liverail, you could probably figure it out without training. That is not true for Yume for instance.

What do you dislike?

While Liverail is fairly flexible, the inventory scenarios feature can be confusing, which is the order in which your inventory serves. You have to think it through and it's not the most logical thing in the world. Also, if you are using Liverail Marketplace for selling your own inventory after Direct-sold, *warning* that when you bid on this inventory, you have to pay for it, so make sure that your bid is significantly less than what you are getting from your advertiser or agency. Also, make sure your timezones match in reporting or you will get a discrepancy and make less than you thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Liverail is a great product with a good support staff. Make sure you thoroughly understand Liverail Marketplace if you use that feature, since if you don't understand it, you could end up losing money if you aren't selling your inventory for high enough.

We used Liverail to replace Yume because Yume was less flexible. Liverail is a decent pre-roll/mobile pre-roll ad server, and I would recommend it. We have been able to more effectively monetize our video inventory with Liverail.

LiveRail review by <span>Matthew O.</span>
Matthew O.

LiveRail - user for almost three years

What do you like best?

Their real time performance metrics and buyer analytics. They're almost too good - to the point that it actually hurts my productivity from staring at them so much!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, it appears that their resources are at their maximum (in terms of servers, etc). To the point that reporting can be delayed for a full 24-48 hours, and the marketplaces begin acting erratically. Not only is it frustrating, but to me - it appears to have a somewhat noticeable impact on business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally am a big fan of LiveRail. We'll see if/when the big boys up at Facebook make any substantial changes to their current business model. The current status is that they are not planning on impacting LiveRails business - but that may be subject to change.

We're using their technology to serve ads, which is a core part of our business. An instant benefit of working with LiveRail is their marketplace (LiveRail Central) being able to bid on publishers inventory.

LiveRail review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Great reporting, but don't have access to all campaigns I need

What do you like best?

I like the custom reporting feature. I'm able to add and remove metrics to my reports to best measure what I need.

What do you dislike?

I'm unsure if this is due to my permissions in the platform, but I'm only able to access data on extended reach campaigns, not in-house campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have access to all campaigns you need. For some reason I only have access to half the campaigns due to whether they run on the extended networks or on my company's site.

I'm always looking at CTR as my KPI. However, I also like to look at 25 percent watched, and 50 percent watched metrics because depending on the quality of the video and how long it takes for the company's brand/logo to appear, users may be exiting the screen before their brand is seen.

Learning about LiveRail?

* We monitor all LiveRail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.