Loggly

Cloud log management service delivering application intelligence. No Software. No Downloads. No Sweat

Work for Loggly?

Learning about Loggly?

Loggly Reviews

Ask Loggly a Question
Showing 10 Loggly reviews
Loggly review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="a1795545-5377-4112-9cee-0d5428af789f">Joshua R.</span>
Joshua R.
" itemprop="name" />

"Minimal setup, Reasonable cost, excellent utility"

What do you like best?

I like that with Loggly and some software(Winston, Fluentd) I can capture, interrogate and analyze my application's log output across a variety of deployment platforms and arrangements.

I can log both my development and live servers to the same system and either join or separate their content at will. The existing collection tools for Loggly are very strong and the setup for those tools is incredibly easy. Beyond that they offer the necessary endpoints and formats to receive logs from a wide variety of candidates.

Everything from system logs on various servers to application and routing logs from custom solutions is available.

Loggly essentially runs an Elastic Stack on behalf of the user, and having set up some similar solutions to test, I can declare with confidence that the time and energy saved by *not* rolling my own logging solution(and thereby having to maintain my maintenance tools) is beyond measure.

Support is quick and helpful within reason, I've had nothing resembling a technical difficult caused by failure on Loggly's part.

What do you dislike?

Cos:, While I think the price is reasonable for the amount of work saved, and at $99 a month it pays for itself immediately, placing things like the LiveTail feature(emulating tail -f) at a $250 a month price point is disappointing. Features like that are excellent at every level and I'm simply never gonna convince my superiors to spend more on our log solution than on the live servers it monitors.

Finicky: It's a pain to get your log data arranged so that the various features of the system come into play correctly. I still periodically get unparsed log entries because 2 consecutive log entries had different object signatures for the same field(including single objects vs arrays).

Query Language: There are a few ways to filter/limit data for display and analysis with Loggly, but sometimes things don't work like you think they will and it's not always clear why. Somtimes a query for field:'2' finds objects with field=2, but sometimes it finds nothing whatsoever. When this happens there's always doubt as to whether you structured your query wrong or if there's literally no data meeting the criteria to be found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at their integrations, determine if you can use their tools to build the sort of structure you need.

Spend some real dev time reducing log noise(we ran a search for "console.log" and removed all of them, then went back and started adding calls to our logger explicitly and carefully) and building in the necessary components to standardize the log entry process.

Look into Fluentd, it's excellent for routing, filtering and translating logs, it can help as an adapter to make sure Loggly gets what it needs from where it needs.

Logs for server-side code are a right pain. Parsing and analyzing logs from a cluster of containers all outputting logs directly to console.log is a nightmare.

Simply put Loggly offers a robust system with simple inputs that allows you to funnel log data to a common, web-accessible location where it can be stored and interacted with in a number of robust ways. Before Loggly our hands were often tied if a user complaint fell into server code, there was simply not an easy way to parse logs from several servers, some of which may have been drained and terminated, and meaningfully determine what was going on.

Loggly gave me the ability to search and sort log data to find the source of problems.

Within a week of completing our integration of Loggly we were discovering the source and profile of bugs that had eluded us for 6 months.

With further adaptation of our web app to the new logging approach, we can start to see traffic patterns and analyse user behavior from the logs as well.

Lastly, Loggly prevents us from taking on a new maintenance and development project in order to analyze our main maintenance and development project. Loggly lets us break the potentially infinite chain of working on tools to work on tools.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Loggly
Loggly review by Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.

"Loggly "

What do you like best?

I like that you can pinpoint down to the minute on when something occurred. Very useful when dealing with something I know just occurred minutes ago

What do you dislike?

I need a longer time period than 7 days sometimes. When I search something with a dash in it I only want to see what I have searched it 1213-23878, instead I see 1213-_____ other numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm still learning Loggly but I would recommend having someone who can really help train users since it can be hard to understand for non-tech brains.

Finding errors in learning tool integrations. Finding missing IDs for connection to courses and knowing which users are trying to click through our site.

What Log Analysis solution do you use?

Loggly review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Loggly makes organizing and reviewing log data simple and fast"

What do you like best?

I really like the search capabilities - it makes it quite easy to go in and find exactly what I'm looking for, especially when there's a lot of data.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools feel a bit clunky, and the UI/X could stand for a bit of improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you realize that you may need to tweak exactly how you send your data

We needed a centralized location for log data for multiple servers, client apps, etc. Furthermore, we wanted a way for our team to be able to review the data without needing access to production systems.

Loggly review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"Great logging solution - easy to deploy as cloud based, good features, reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Very quick and easy to deploy in the cloud. It seems like the product was designed from early on to live in a multi-tenant cloud solution.

The features are very focused on troubleshooting. The filtering is very good, and one of my favorite features is their "view surrounding events" option which lets you look at all the events before/after a specific event that you find.

I really like their built in feature that archives all data to AWS S3 even though there is a limited amount of data available via the web UI (14 days default). This has been critical a few times we had to go find something from a few months back.

Built in capabilities for saved searches and notifications is good.

What do you dislike?

Web interface can be a little slow at times but is overall reliable. Volume pricing is pretty flexible to account for some peak days but could potentially be even more flexible to allow for irregular traffic.

They have a policy that will eventually drop data if you far exceed your volume multiple times. This is overall reasonable, but it would be nice to have an option where the data is perhaps saved but not available for searching.

The interface to saved searches could be better, as it shows some limitations once you have a lot of saved searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent solution for debug log management and analysis from different sources.

We provide a multi-channel marketing platform for retailers and brands. Our platform is deployed in AWS and we have log data from several types of application sources. Loggly helps consolidate all this log data and lets multiple people on the team search and organize the data in order to troubleshoot specific problems and ensure that our platform is operating correctly.

Loggly review by David W.
David W.

"East to use cloud-based logging provider"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure agentless logging, either through syslog or an HTTP API. The UI is clean and the search provides an aggregate view of log entries, filtered by time and / or data facets, which is especially powerful with JSON data. Raw data can be viewed in a searchable list and aggregates can be visualized with different graph styles. The creation of alerts and derived fields is easy to use and powerful.

Loggly features AWS integration, through an easy mechanism to consume CloudTrail data and archiving to S3.

What do you dislike?

Loggly currently lacks a real-time tail of logs and and alerting based on predictions. At times, the UI can be sluggish and slow to load, especially with large sets of data.

Pricing can get expensive at high log volume or long retention times.

We're using Loggly to gain better visibility into our application and provide insight into error conditions.

Loggly review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Expensive, but still the best product we've used."

What do you like best?

Great way to aggregate our logs from both AWS and our applications directly.

What do you dislike?

Cost. We know they could charge a lot less, but you have to really fight with their billing department to get them to come down in pricing. There's also no way to drop "unimportant logs". For example, we want to send everything, but only certain things need to be kept for longer then a few days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WIth the addition of the live-tail client, Loggly is now the best solution I've found for the price. Although we've also evaluated using LogEntries as an alternative, LogEntries is similar in pricing and doesn't have the polish that Loggly has.

Digging into any issues, tracking usage, and generally managing our server log files and application logs.

Loggly review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Loggly makes API log management seamless."

What do you like best?

The ability to see every API request and what the result was. If it was an error you can also see the stack trace if that was part of the response. Filtering also makes finding certain requests a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The website can be really slow and clunky at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes organizing all your requests and their results a breeze. I totally recommend it.

API request logs.

Loggly review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Not bad for central log collection but expensive!"

What do you like best?

easy integrations with log sources. decent UI and reporting functionality.

What do you dislike?

cost is way too much compared to other logging solutions such as AWS managed ELK stack or even self managed ELK stack, but those take a little more devops know-how to implement a solution. But can hire a contractor to do that and still come out way ahead if you are sending ~50GB of logs a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good initial solution but gets costly as you ramp up

centralized place for logging done by different applications. set up alerts for certain error thresholds.

Loggly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Loggly was very useful when dealing with production issues."

What do you like best?

Loggly alerting mechanism with different set of alert types was very useful.

What do you dislike?

It would have been great to have sub accounts instead creating separate loggly accounts.

Was monitoring API's and performance. Loggly was helpful capturing logs and identifying production issues.

Loggly review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Proactive monitoring means Loggly"

What do you like best?

Dashboards of the log for better and easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Not a best way to monitor SaaS solutions similar to cloud solutions

Early detection

Monitoring

Learning about Loggly?

* We monitor all Loggly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.