Logi Analytics

Logi Analytics

Logi Analytics is a business analytics platform for rapidly creating interactive applications that include dashboards, reports, and self-service analytics.

Work for Logi Analytics?

Learning about Logi Analytics?

Logi Analytics Reviews

Ask Logi Analytics a Question
Logi Analytics review by <span>Steve W.</span>
Steve W.

Excellent Embedded Visualization Tool

What do you like best?

The SSRM module allows us to provide the ad hoc reporting and dashboarding environment our customers have been asking for.

What do you dislike?

As a traditional HTML/CSS/JS developer, I find the InfoStudio environment a bit difficult to navigate. I understand the concepts, but it takes me longer to find things than I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other products in this category like Power BI, Tableau and Izenda, all have their strengths. I would say Logi's are ease of integration with our product and the Self-Service Reporting Module (SSRM).

We licensed Logi as an embedded component within our data management platform. We have implemented single sign-on with SecureKey and embedded the Logi UI within our own. We have created canned reports and dashboards for our clients that access our data warehouse. We have also given users the ability to create, share and schedule their own reports.

Showing 133 Logi Analytics reviews
Logi Analytics review by <span>Blake R.</span>
Blake R.

Logi Analytics 12.5 Review

What do you like best?

Logi Analytics has proven itself as stable and quick to market product. Over the 5+ years I have used the product I can count the number of bugs attributed to Logi on one hand. Quality coupled with the ability to create great looking reports in the matter of days makes Logi a go to product.

What do you dislike?

Over the last few years Logi has started to add more products to the offering outside of the Logi Info core product. The new offerings are offered as add-ons which means I have to go find budget to get the latest and greatest. The core Logi Info product is still evolving, but not at the pace it was when I began using the product 5+ years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi Analytics is a great fit for users in an Agile environment. Development can offer solutions in a matter of days instead of months with the larger solutions. This may not be the product for large Fortune 500 companies, but for small to mid-size businesses I think Logi is a great fit.

Logi Analytics has been used in my last two roles to offer reporting to supplement core business applications. Logi Analytics has been helpful in looking at data in a way that users never thought about. The users now ask different questions about what data is captured and think about the business in a different way. It has also opened up holes and inaccuracies in the data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Logi Analytics
Logi Analytics review by <span>Brad S.</span>
Brad S.

Manager, Business Services Portfolio FSA

What do you like best?

Very easy to use especially for rapid development and great support. It also complements other development tools such as .Net to provide reports that take less time to develop and provides our customers a graphical representation of the data with drill downs to the raw data. They have made exporting graphs and data very easy for the developer and customer. Their support is amazing and I have yet to have a problem they could not solve. Most of my issues are solved within a day.

What do you dislike?

Having to deploy the entire engine for new application... needs a smaller foot print. Because we use the tool mostly for application development it would get great if you did not have to deploy the whole engine each time you deploy an application... you can circumvent this by creating projects for each department where we create multiple applications in the one deployment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with a great team the is always looking to improve your experience

Less development time require to deploy an application to the customer and providing reports that require less time and resources. We have been able to eliminate a costly digital signage system by using Logi and Java script to deploy digital signage metrics and the departments use WOW slide to create their own content without involving the IT department.

What Embedded Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Logi Analytics review by <span>Steve J.</span>
Steve J.

Logi Analytics, Brilliant Innovation

What do you like best?

Number one industry Customer services and technical support. All the staff in general are wonderful, friendly and accommodating.

Fast development and deployment. Developers of other BI tools are always impressed when they see how quickly I can develop and deploy reports, a simply one 30 minutes from start to embedded online. Any updated or new reports, templates, CSS, anything is simply a matter of drag and drop using a cross platform FTP application such as Filezilla.

Embeddable data. I focus on mainframe performance and develop complex reports and publish them as webpages that just require emailing the URL. Reports that previously took an hour (sometimes several) or more to create by screening scraping data are now available online and pushed into Excel with just a few clicks of a button.

They stay in touch. Monthly meetings with my Technical Account Manager allows me to discuss any problems or ask questions about any coding I might be struggling with. The Logi team always greet me with open arms and a big smile whenever I visit their Logi office.

What do you dislike?

I am hoping to see an update to the Developer Network website. I have performed many searches where there is no definitive help. This is especially prevalent in Forum posts where questions pertaining to my problems remain unanswered.

I run Logi Studio in a zEnterprise environment and deploy to my website in zLinux, on a z14 mainframe, this has been a challenge. I am unable to export charts from Logi due to no zLinux version of phantomjs , I have written reports that include an Excel template for building a chart and skirt this issue. However, any reports using analysis chart/grid, etc. and the SSRM do not fully function without this export. Not directly a Logi problem but certainly a source of frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent customer support.

Nobody does embedded BI like Logi, everything runs well from the website, no third party server.

Logi is not the single solution for everyone and they will be first to let you know if they are not a fit. I like that.

I deal with much mainframe performance, troubleshooting, fast development and deployment enables me to provide embedded tools and reports that address issues. Weekly executive reports are quick to produce, not everyone wants a dashboard, spreadsheets and PowerPoints are still highly regarded and Logi is the key factor in creating the data to populate these.

Being able to create online reports that can be accessed by anyone without incurring additional costs, i.e. end user license to view the document, is invaluable. Plus I can control all user privileges through security and filter data as required.

Logi Analytics review by <span>Johnny S.</span>
Johnny S.

Easy to configure, feature-rich, excellent choice for our use case

What do you like best?

After comparing over 50 different reporting/analytics tools, Logi was the clear winner for both features and pricing. We are able to use our own SVN code management and share developer content across multiple divisions with granular control over content publication, embedding, and styling. Rather than having to create new processes to incorporate our workflow into Logi, we were able to easily incorporate the rich toolset of Logi into our existing processes. This made for an efficient, secure, and even familiar implementation; and provides us with a scalable, cross-divisional solution set presented via Logi's web engine.

What do you dislike?

Logi provides such a vast set of tools that it would be impossible for them to create a 'Quick Start Guide'. Accordingly, there is a small learning curve in the development process. It is as if Logi has given me a claw hammer, a ball peen hammer, a brick hammer, a framing hammer, a drywall hammer, and an electrician's hammer. They cannot know which hammer is best for my use case so I have to run through some trial and error. What they offer to offset this learning curve is a rich online help environment complete with full documentation, Sample Applications and a User Forum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our internal implementation team was not made up of Developers and Computer Scientists. Due to Logi's simple implementation and development process, we took a team of technical specialists and implemented to production in only a few months. Beyond that, the Logi Info tool has allowed us to reduce over overall costs by turning technically-talented non-developers into full-blown developers within Logi. The fact that I don't have learn anything about javascript, PHP, etc. in order to create the content I need in Logi has made this tool a boon to our teams, rewarding innovation and providing avenues for the curious among our teams to create legitimate analytics content.

Our staff-facing web environment was presenting data from disparate RDBMSs across a variety of web pages in different locations using different styling... it was the wild west in our web presentation. Logi Info has allowed us to pull in data from all of our systems (MS SQL, Maria, MySQL, spreadsheets, MS Access, etc.) and combine the results into a centralized, consistently-styled web space with the added bonus of combining data from different RDBMSs into a single report (e.g. legacy customer data mixed with new customer data to allow a consistent view of the customer's issues, updates, progress over time in spite of transitioning to a new system/RDBMS). Logi has also allowed us to create fully automated security (which was lacking in previous methods/tools) on our web pages so that we can create a single report which presents three different ways depending upon the users' identified level of access. This has greatly reduced our overhead from where used to manage manual security schemes and create redundant content in order to maintain that security at the presentation level.

Logi Analytics review by <span>Kris B.</span>
Kris B.

Very easy to use and see results quickly

What do you like best?

Logi Info is easy to use and provides an easy, straight-forward way to get something up and running quickly. It's drag/drop interface and variety of controls and display models provide great flexibility in how your data is presented. Shared elements, style sheets, and scripting provide an easy way to ensure consistency across large sets of reports. Built-in exporting to a variety of target formats (we use Excel and PDF) make providing these as simple as adding a button/action to the report. While we don't use all the bells and whistles, the functionality we do use has been solid and performed well for many years.

What do you dislike?

In a highly competitive market space, Logi has historically had to add new functionality rapidly over the years. For a time, this challenged their ability to provide as high a quality product as I suspect they wanted to and their customers needed. While this has improved dramatically over the last 3 or 4 years, this can still be a challenge - as a result, we normally stick with a given release for several years vs. aggressively upgrading. As noted, our requirements have been fairly straight forward so not always being on the latest and greatest has not proved to be problem.

Cherwell Asset Management (CAM) is an IT asset management tool that provides visibility and analysis of IT hardware and software. For our users, THE key "feature" of the product is how the data is reported. CAM's reporting has been based on Logi Info for nearly 10 years; Logi has allowed us to develop and maintain a large set of end-user targeted reports providing visibility into not only a large set of collected data, but a wide variety of analysis on that data as well. When demoing the product, we lead with our reports. Our decision to go with Logi was based on the need for data presentation being compelling and that need hasn't changed. We've added significantly to the product over the years, and our use of Logi has given us great flexibility over how new functionality is presented.

Logi Analytics review by <span>Trent M.</span>
Trent M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Embedded BI, low start-up and scalable

What do you like best?

Logi allowed us to embed BI into existing applications as well as a stand alone dashboard/reporting platform. It's flexible, easy to learn/use and great support from the company. Regular product releases and new features, along with a good user-community for sharing ideas and questions is also appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing to understand the different product offerings and how they work together. Their core product evolves at regular iterations, but ancillary/beta products are introduced and sometimes work with existing products or separately and it can take some education.

Our prior vendor had a very cumbersome interface and it was difficult to learn/use. Logi allows us to quickly develop reports and applications and also has features that allow for deep integration with existing applications. We've been able to roll out analytics internally and externally in a broad and sophisticated way.

Learn more about Logi Analytics

Logi Analytics Videos

Learning about Logi Analytics?

* We monitor all Logi Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.