Logi Analytics

Logi Analytics

Logi Analytics is a business analytics platform for rapidly creating interactive applications that include dashboards, reports, and self-service analytics.

Work for Logi Analytics?

Learning about Logi Analytics?

Logi Analytics Reviews

Ask Logi Analytics a Question
Showing 138 Logi Analytics reviews
Logi Analytics review by Blake R.
Blake R.

"Logi Analytics 12.5 Review"

What do you like best?

Logi Analytics has proven itself as stable and quick to market product. Over the 5+ years I have used the product I can count the number of bugs attributed to Logi on one hand. Quality coupled with the ability to create great looking reports in the matter of days makes Logi a go to product.

What do you dislike?

Over the last few years Logi has started to add more products to the offering outside of the Logi Info core product. The new offerings are offered as add-ons which means I have to go find budget to get the latest and greatest. The core Logi Info product is still evolving, but not at the pace it was when I began using the product 5+ years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi Analytics is a great fit for users in an Agile environment. Development can offer solutions in a matter of days instead of months with the larger solutions. This may not be the product for large Fortune 500 companies, but for small to mid-size businesses I think Logi is a great fit.

Logi Analytics has been used in my last two roles to offer reporting to supplement core business applications. Logi Analytics has been helpful in looking at data in a way that users never thought about. The users now ask different questions about what data is captured and think about the business in a different way. It has also opened up holes and inaccuracies in the data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Logi Analytics
Logi Analytics review by Brad S.
Brad S.

"Manager, Business Services Portfolio FSA"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use especially for rapid development and great support. It also complements other development tools such as .Net to provide reports that take less time to develop and provides our customers a graphical representation of the data with drill downs to the raw data. They have made exporting graphs and data very easy for the developer and customer. Their support is amazing and I have yet to have a problem they could not solve. Most of my issues are solved within a day.

What do you dislike?

Having to deploy the entire engine for new application... needs a smaller foot print. Because we use the tool mostly for application development it would get great if you did not have to deploy the whole engine each time you deploy an application... you can circumvent this by creating projects for each department where we create multiple applications in the one deployment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with a great team the is always looking to improve your experience

Less development time require to deploy an application to the customer and providing reports that require less time and resources. We have been able to eliminate a costly digital signage system by using Logi and Java script to deploy digital signage metrics and the departments use WOW slide to create their own content without involving the IT department.

What Embedded Business Intelligence solution do you use?

Logi Analytics review by Steve J.
Steve J.

"Logi Analytics, Brilliant Innovation"

What do you like best?

Number one industry Customer services and technical support. All the staff in general are wonderful, friendly and accommodating.

Fast development and deployment. Developers of other BI tools are always impressed when they see how quickly I can develop and deploy reports, a simply one 30 minutes from start to embedded online. Any updated or new reports, templates, CSS, anything is simply a matter of drag and drop using a cross platform FTP application such as Filezilla.

Embeddable data. I focus on mainframe performance and develop complex reports and publish them as webpages that just require emailing the URL. Reports that previously took an hour (sometimes several) or more to create by screening scraping data are now available online and pushed into Excel with just a few clicks of a button.

They stay in touch. Monthly meetings with my Technical Account Manager allows me to discuss any problems or ask questions about any coding I might be struggling with. The Logi team always greet me with open arms and a big smile whenever I visit their Logi office.

What do you dislike?

I am hoping to see an update to the Developer Network website. I have performed many searches where there is no definitive help. This is especially prevalent in Forum posts where questions pertaining to my problems remain unanswered.

I run Logi Studio in a zEnterprise environment and deploy to my website in zLinux, on a z14 mainframe, this has been a challenge. I am unable to export charts from Logi due to no zLinux version of phantomjs , I have written reports that include an Excel template for building a chart and skirt this issue. However, any reports using analysis chart/grid, etc. and the SSRM do not fully function without this export. Not directly a Logi problem but certainly a source of frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent customer support.

Nobody does embedded BI like Logi, everything runs well from the website, no third party server.

Logi is not the single solution for everyone and they will be first to let you know if they are not a fit. I like that.

I deal with much mainframe performance, troubleshooting, fast development and deployment enables me to provide embedded tools and reports that address issues. Weekly executive reports are quick to produce, not everyone wants a dashboard, spreadsheets and PowerPoints are still highly regarded and Logi is the key factor in creating the data to populate these.

Being able to create online reports that can be accessed by anyone without incurring additional costs, i.e. end user license to view the document, is invaluable. Plus I can control all user privileges through security and filter data as required.

Logi Analytics review by Johnny S.
Johnny S.

"Easy to configure, feature-rich, excellent choice for our use case"

What do you like best?

After comparing over 50 different reporting/analytics tools, Logi was the clear winner for both features and pricing. We are able to use our own SVN code management and share developer content across multiple divisions with granular control over content publication, embedding, and styling. Rather than having to create new processes to incorporate our workflow into Logi, we were able to easily incorporate the rich toolset of Logi into our existing processes. This made for an efficient, secure, and even familiar implementation; and provides us with a scalable, cross-divisional solution set presented via Logi's web engine.

What do you dislike?

Logi provides such a vast set of tools that it would be impossible for them to create a 'Quick Start Guide'. Accordingly, there is a small learning curve in the development process. It is as if Logi has given me a claw hammer, a ball peen hammer, a brick hammer, a framing hammer, a drywall hammer, and an electrician's hammer. They cannot know which hammer is best for my use case so I have to run through some trial and error. What they offer to offset this learning curve is a rich online help environment complete with full documentation, Sample Applications and a User Forum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our internal implementation team was not made up of Developers and Computer Scientists. Due to Logi's simple implementation and development process, we took a team of technical specialists and implemented to production in only a few months. Beyond that, the Logi Info tool has allowed us to reduce over overall costs by turning technically-talented non-developers into full-blown developers within Logi. The fact that I don't have learn anything about javascript, PHP, etc. in order to create the content I need in Logi has made this tool a boon to our teams, rewarding innovation and providing avenues for the curious among our teams to create legitimate analytics content.

Our staff-facing web environment was presenting data from disparate RDBMSs across a variety of web pages in different locations using different styling... it was the wild west in our web presentation. Logi Info has allowed us to pull in data from all of our systems (MS SQL, Maria, MySQL, spreadsheets, MS Access, etc.) and combine the results into a centralized, consistently-styled web space with the added bonus of combining data from different RDBMSs into a single report (e.g. legacy customer data mixed with new customer data to allow a consistent view of the customer's issues, updates, progress over time in spite of transitioning to a new system/RDBMS). Logi has also allowed us to create fully automated security (which was lacking in previous methods/tools) on our web pages so that we can create a single report which presents three different ways depending upon the users' identified level of access. This has greatly reduced our overhead from where used to manage manual security schemes and create redundant content in order to maintain that security at the presentation level.

Logi Analytics review by Kris B.
Kris B.

"Very easy to use and see results quickly"

What do you like best?

Logi Info is easy to use and provides an easy, straight-forward way to get something up and running quickly. It's drag/drop interface and variety of controls and display models provide great flexibility in how your data is presented. Shared elements, style sheets, and scripting provide an easy way to ensure consistency across large sets of reports. Built-in exporting to a variety of target formats (we use Excel and PDF) make providing these as simple as adding a button/action to the report. While we don't use all the bells and whistles, the functionality we do use has been solid and performed well for many years.

What do you dislike?

In a highly competitive market space, Logi has historically had to add new functionality rapidly over the years. For a time, this challenged their ability to provide as high a quality product as I suspect they wanted to and their customers needed. While this has improved dramatically over the last 3 or 4 years, this can still be a challenge - as a result, we normally stick with a given release for several years vs. aggressively upgrading. As noted, our requirements have been fairly straight forward so not always being on the latest and greatest has not proved to be problem.

Cherwell Asset Management (CAM) is an IT asset management tool that provides visibility and analysis of IT hardware and software. For our users, THE key "feature" of the product is how the data is reported. CAM's reporting has been based on Logi Info for nearly 10 years; Logi has allowed us to develop and maintain a large set of end-user targeted reports providing visibility into not only a large set of collected data, but a wide variety of analysis on that data as well. When demoing the product, we lead with our reports. Our decision to go with Logi was based on the need for data presentation being compelling and that need hasn't changed. We've added significantly to the product over the years, and our use of Logi has given us great flexibility over how new functionality is presented.

Logi Analytics review by Trent M.
Trent M.

"Embedded BI, low start-up and scalable"

What do you like best?

Logi allowed us to embed BI into existing applications as well as a stand alone dashboard/reporting platform. It's flexible, easy to learn/use and great support from the company. Regular product releases and new features, along with a good user-community for sharing ideas and questions is also appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing to understand the different product offerings and how they work together. Their core product evolves at regular iterations, but ancillary/beta products are introduced and sometimes work with existing products or separately and it can take some education.

Our prior vendor had a very cumbersome interface and it was difficult to learn/use. Logi allows us to quickly develop reports and applications and also has features that allow for deep integration with existing applications. We've been able to roll out analytics internally and externally in a broad and sophisticated way.

Logi Analytics review by Carl L.
Carl L.

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

Logi Info has been a great tool for us to quickly move into the real of analytics and dashboarding. Prior to Logi we spent a lot of time diving into visualization libraries and worrying about little things in HTML/CSS/JS.

Logi Info has allowed us to move past that stage quickly and get us to focus on the metrics we are trying to create and accomplish. Turn around time for developing visualizations are very quick and deployment is straightforward.

Most importantly, I have a small team (me and another developer) and this product has allowed us to be very successful in developing visualizations quickly, which has led to more and more adoption of our other business units.

Logi support has been wonderful. They are very responsive and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The software is constantly doing a better job, but it is somewhat difficult to deal with non-traditional or newer HTML tags (e.g. nav). There are ways to add straight HTML/CSS and java scripts in the page, but you do lose out on using other features of more developed Logi Info page elements.

Some handling of the data and possible logic that you need is done at what feels like a different level from what I'm used to. I come from a Ruby on Rails background, so very heavy in MVC. Numerous solutions from Logi support had logic move from a "view" layer back to the "data" layer. It's not bad, just a different way of thinking you need when working with Logi Info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi is pushing hard with embedded analytics as well as self service analytics - both which are wonderful.

We are trying to develop and push the use of more data in our service lines. In other words - quicker and more transparent access to data for all stake holders from directors to direct service workers.

We have seen more and more adoption of additional metrics through out or different business units, which is fantastic.

Logi Analytics review by Roger W.
Roger W.

"Embedded Analytics For Food Safety and Quality"

What do you like best?

Ease of Creating and Deploying Embedded Analytics. We can build and release new reports, charts, dashboards with complex interactions and drill down in a short period of time.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistency across self service features. Certain critical features are supported in one area, like Analysis grid, that are not supported in another like Thinks Pace, and visa versa. Often I am left with no way to get everything I need in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making An Analytic is quite easy. Figuring out a broader plan to search, sort and fitler data takes some design planning.

We collect lots of data for our customers. To Gain value, customers need to view and interact with the data in lots of different ways. With the introduction of Logi Analytics, we have greatly increased customer satisfaction and we selling more. Demo's now focus on the value of the data through Analytics.

Logi Analytics review by David W.
David W.

"Building Embedding"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Logi is the flexibility in building the reports/ Dashboards in Logi that looks like our application. We have used other applications and it felt like to the user that they were leaving our application and going to another. Making reports look like your application takes work, but from my experience in far less time than with other applications.

What do you dislike?

Well on the flip side of of the flexibility Logi provides their is complexity. There are a lot of components you have to understand and configure and that takes time in getting down the learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any BI tool, evaluate your needs against what Logi does best. In Logi's case thats speed in building a report that embeds easily and has the flexibility to look like your application.

One problem we were solving for was getting a cost effective reporting application that embeds in our application and looks like our application. Another was Self Service for our end users. While it doesn't solve every need, it did cut down on custom requests.

Logi Analytics review by Steve "Kaz" K.
Steve "Kaz" K.

"Great BI Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect to multiple data sources and present a seamless report to users, reusable components, good sample applications, and Super-Elements like the analysis grid that allows use to create slice and dice capability for people that should not be let near a database. Interface is easy to understand. Exporting in Native Excel formats where you can define styling is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Wish Logi Studio tool ran on a Mac. Hate having to RDP into a Windows box to run Studio and IIS. Pre-defined themes are nice, but would like more templates to create a reporting application instead of having to build all of the UI components. Dashboard sample app is a good starting place. Need more of these templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi is not the best tool if you are deploying to data scientists. It is great when reports are created for users and super-elements like the analysis grid users slice and dice capability without having to create cubes.

Strong point of Logi is accessing the data where it lives without having to build a data mart.

It was taking entire days to create 1 report. Data in report was usually a month old. Reports had to be put on a shared server that took forever to access and was prone to people deleting.

Logi Analytics review by Catherine K.
Catherine K.

"County of Sacramento Dept. of Technology Experience with Logi Analytics"

What do you like best?

- Out of the Box widgets/tools

- Wide variety of data connection options

- Easy to create simple report quickly

- Easy to create reports for mobile viewing

- Embed-ability into other applications

- Customizable with JavaScript

- Built-in Export/Download options and formatting customization

- Quick and simple upgrades to the new versions

- Very responsive support team

What do you dislike?

- Too wide of range for Logi products to pick the correct one for your need

- Scheduler is cumbersome to set up

- Formatting can be tricky if specific placement of fields is needed

- New features are add-ons rather than just updates to the basic product (eg. Self-Service Module)

- Needed clearer examples/tutorials for caching solutions

- Making reporting easier for presenting data to non-technical users

- Updating older reports into easier to manage modern applications

- Easy BI solutions

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Logi offers extensive flexibility and is easy to implement"

What do you like best?

Logi is easy to learn and implement. Development knowledge is not needed to work in the platform and have success in creating reports and applications. Logi also offers great flexibility and freedom in creating your own applications.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional feature limitations, such as graph axis layering and pulling multiple data sources for one display or table. Security set up can sometimes be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi will offer extensive flexibility as you develop tools and applications. The visuals may not be as "pretty" as similar applications, like Tableau, but I think the flexibility trade-off is worth it. Logi continues to improve visualizations all the time.

Logi allowed us to bring web application development in-house and offers us extensive flexibility in developing our platform. We've been able to implement both a high-level and basic data retrieval application to an advanced self-serve data calculation model, within the same user experience.

Logi Analytics review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Embedding dashboards and deep analytics"

What do you like best?

The Logi Studio is really easy to use and makes a great companion for developers to quick build out reports, analytics and product worthy pieces.

Visualizations are very pretty, right out of the box, without much need to customize colors, size of charts, or fonts.

The recent addition of the Theme Builder has made the job of customization almost too easy.

The data modeling and meta data building and database interpreter helps speed up the more tedious tasks of mapping and working with the database.

What do you dislike?

The training session we attended at Logi headquarters was not all that helpful as a developer who had already worked his way through some of the Logi basics.

While the studio is developer friendly, and we initially wanted senior developers to step away from major reporting building and push that task to our junior developers. The Studio can be a daunting beast to work through when you're not a seasoned developers.

We've always struggled with the idea of drill downs, as we have come from a home grown solution of reporting via tables. Creating proper drill downs between reports and data can be a bit of a chore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated a number of embedded solutions when we first looked at expanding our product with embedded analytics. Out of all the solutions we looked at, Logi was by far the best embedded product we could find. If you have a web software you want to expand with reporting and analytics, take a good look at Logi.

We sell software to higher education institutions that focus on faculty productivity. Having analytics and reports at the ready, gives those schools the ability to make decisions quickly.

Logi Analytics review by David B.
David B.

"Have improved development time for analytics and other web applications"

What do you like best?

The ability to rapidly develop not just analytic reports but actual web applications that directly interface with my databases. The interface is quite easy to understand without having to know HTML or other web languages. Yet it will also allow the use of java script and HTML if you so desire. There are useful wizards and templates that make the initial development for a newbie easy to do right out of the box. Yet with some learning you can create applications that would take some greater time developing if you wrote them from scratch.

What do you dislike?

If there is anything I dislike it would be the learning curve. BUT it is worth the learn to increase productivity. I am still finding new ways to improve my web pages and analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it till it clicks! Some problems may seem like they can't be done in Logi Analytics but I have found that with some creativity it can be done. Make sure you understand SQL well and know when to use Logi instead of SQL.

Customizable analytics for radiology practices across the nation.

Logi Analytics review by Hithendra R.
Hithendra R.

"Very Good Product for smaller size data models"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of usage.

2) Ability to develop reports within less time and also the UI options.

3) Page rendering as HTML which gives ability to troubleshoot.

4) Detailed debugging options

5) Integration option with .NET and Java frameworks using iframes.

6) Builtin database connectivity frameworks and support for ODBC, SQL , SYBASE etc which will help end users to chose anything they want.

What do you dislike?

1) Performance issues when it comes to larger datasets.

2) Reports take a while to load even when the SQL queries are best tuned.

3) Product doesn't go latest javascript libraries

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size and amount of data that LOGI Reports will generate. If there is too much data and if you use too many controls , it will result in poor performance of reports.

Reports Generation. Benefits i found is that i can quickly generate reports and write built in SQL queries to pull data. Availability of number of web controls gives us an option to come up with best design possibe

Logi Analytics review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Painful"

What do you like best?

It is easy to tie into a database and expose data in simple and basic reports offered out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Styling is complicated with the tool, trying to do anything outside of the out of the box setup is complicated and requires a lot of development time. Writes a large number of files for caching data and requires a shared network drive for a clustered production setup. Hard to find documentation on recent improvements or new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are simply exposing data from a database to users, this is the tool to use. If you are trying to use this as an enterprise solution and considering performance impacts or customizing the product to meet your applications need, this tool might not be for you.

Exposing data to users graphically, allowing them to bookmark reports, and to schedule reports. The biggest benefit is not having to develop the graphs and tables from scratch.

Logi Analytics review by Massimo C.
Massimo C.

"Good product for reporting, not that good for BI"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to produce reports and graphs.

IMHO it's not really a BI product.

It could be more focused on multidimensional structures.

Excellent support organization.

What do you dislike?

it is poor in multidimensional analysis. It used to have a very good pricing policy, but in the last couple of year it is less competitive with other similar tools.

Pricing used to be more competitive a couple of years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Logi Info to users that mainly want to produce easy reports and graphs. I don't recommend this product to users that want to do multidimensional analysis.

I am a consultant. Sometime my customers ask for a tool that may help them in building easy to manage analysis tools to allow them to understand their business figures. Sometime I have been using LogiInfo, but most of the times it has been overtaken by Qlick or other tools because they look more efficient in BI.

Logi Analytics review by David S.
David S.

"Great Product but Lacks Linux Documentation"

What do you like best?

Love that they use Bootstrap and that the dashboards are responsive and embedded and therefore feel native for the end user, which was a huge selling point for us. Reports and charts are very nice and feel very modern and have lots of out of the box functionality by default that enable users to look at specific segments of data by showing and hiding series, for example. The Self Service Reporting Module is another of the main selling points for us allowing customers and end users to create their own dashboard with minimal training and zero intervention by our support and development teams. The solution is also a platform and can be used to do a lot more than just reporting which is nice and opens up additional possibilities.

What do you dislike?

No Linux documentation meant a couple weeks just getting the server setup and running and support in this area was severely lacking but we did eventually work it out. We've encountered some other minor issues that their support team was very responsive and knowledgeable on. Otherwise there is very little to dislike about the product. The one thing one could consider a drawback is the need to have a "Studio" piece of software installed on developer machines to design and build out dashboards, I would love to see a fully web based solution, but this is not a huge deal, more of a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for embedded reports that look great, are responsive, and highly flexible and which can be easily customised by your end users, it's definitely worth at least going through their Structured Evaluation process. Be prepared to bring in your best negotiators though to avoid any surprises in the agreement.

Providing customers with dashboards that look great, feel native, and empower them to look at their data in actionable ways that make sense to them without requiring our team to build out custom charts, dashboards, and views so they can see what they need to see to make the decisions that are important to their shipping business.

Logi Analytics review by Adam F.
Adam F.

"Does the job well! "

What do you like best?

I think the best part about Logi Info is the middle tier only requires a web server. ETL tools typically require a middle tier database. As an administrator of multiple applications, managing one less system is always appreciated.

What do you dislike?

The elemental design within Logi Info was difficult to understand. Other tools I've used are a bit more intuitive to design and deploy. Like any development language there is a learning curve associated. I tried to teach myself and I stumbled through successfully in about a week. I took the basic training offered by Logi and recreated a more efficient version of what I originally built in about 15 minutes.

Our biggest problem we desired to solve was alerting our users of actionable items. When users do not know an issue exists, obviously it takes longer to resolve. We've setup both alert reports and integrity reports to notify users when some data needs their attention and/or when incorrect data may have been entered.

Logi Analytics review by David P.
David P.

"Incredible platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn, easy to teach. very flexible

What do you dislike?

too hard to keep up with new features. implementing complex reporting requirements can be a challenge

We are using Logi Info as a platform for sales, supply chain, and customer service reporting. We are also using Logi Info as a platform for our sales force to look up customer information like pending orders and sales history from their mobile device and be able to quote customers in real time with their specific discounts from our product catalog

Logi Analytics review by John F.
John F.

"Business Intelligence Developer turned Product Manager"

What do you like best?

I like how robust the documentation and user guides are and how much built in functionality Logi provides. Logi makes it so you can develop an app in the fraction of the time it would take to build from scratch.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if Logi was easier to integrate Logi app development with version control systems like git.

Logi Analytics helps us solve user right/role authorization and greatly decreases the time needed to develop applications from scratch.

Logi Analytics review by Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.

"5 Developers in One"

What do you like best?

Logi cannot be compared to other BI packages - it is a full application builder that gives you complete control over what you build; as opposed to desktop program that presents information to you, rigidly.

With Logi you can build your own dll, css, javascript, etc and interface directly - no other application gives you this much power.

What do you dislike?

Self Service reporting for non developers is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you need to build applications, or consume them; Spotfire and Power BI are competitors (used / using both) but are VERY different to Logi.

Do you need to purchase a system for Authors, creators, consumers, or in lieu of a development team?

We have used Logi to build internal and customer facing comercialised products

Logi Analytics review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"Excellent Embedded Visualization Tool"

What do you like best?

The SSRM module allows us to provide the ad hoc reporting and dashboarding environment our customers have been asking for.

What do you dislike?

As a traditional HTML/CSS/JS developer, I find the InfoStudio environment a bit difficult to navigate. I understand the concepts, but it takes me longer to find things than I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other products in this category like Power BI, Tableau and Izenda, all have their strengths. I would say Logi's are ease of integration with our product and the Self-Service Reporting Module (SSRM).

We licensed Logi as an embedded component within our data management platform. We have implemented single sign-on with SecureKey and embedded the Logi UI within our own. We have created canned reports and dashboards for our clients that access our data warehouse. We have also given users the ability to create, share and schedule their own reports.

Logi Analytics review by Dan P.
Dan P.

"Logi Info"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. It has made it fairly painless to build full featured reporting applications and even non-reporting tools very quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's not as well known as some of the other BI platforms and local talent with previous Logi Analytics experience is practically impossible to find. Though the learning curve is not that steep for new developers with a strong data and web development background.

We've used Logi Info for several different implementations including separate reporting applications, integrated analytics for an existing application, and even non-BI web applications. In each case we were able to use the Logi Software and develop a useful reports and tools in a timeframe that may not have been possible with other tools.

Logi Analytics review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Logi - Rapid dashboarding tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly prototype dashboards from any dataset without having to first write the data layer. With it's development IDE you can simple drag and drop data layers and charts and build up a dashboard with limited programming skills. The charts are very interactive for the end user and can be customized to have a wide array of styles and animations.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to extending the logi applications functionality or the default charts, it becomes quite hard to manipulate. You will end up having to write your own plugins in either .Net or Java for the back end and writing custom JS for the front. This could be a problem if the user is not a developer.

The logi info product can get a bit slow to respond with large datasets as the back end processes the data as XML before sending it to the client browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi is great for rapid charting, being able to deliver embedded charting and dashboards in your applications. It can be used by people without much web or database development knowledge to create reporting solutions.

Becomes hard work to implement anything outside of it's existing functionality and charting options.

The ability to provide unique reporting and dashboarding solutions to our clients which are embedded into our existing applications.

Logi Analytics review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Solid reporting capabilities for developing a custom analytics offering"

What do you like best?

Ability to white label all aspects of the Logi platform. Within our web platform, Logi controls can seamlessly live alongside home-grown elements without feeling choppy or disrupting the user experience. The Logi offering provides a nice mix of features, allowing us to design and publish more intricate, complex reports developed within Logi Studio, while also allowing our clients and users to develop their own reports and dashboards via the Logi Self Service Module, which offers a fairly powerful interface for analyzing, visualizing, and sharing reports and dashboards.

Logi offers high-quality documentation via an intuitive web portal. Overall, their account management team is friendly, knowledgeable, and a supportive partner. Even if the account manager doesn't have an answer to something, they will refer us to the appropriate resource, which can usually provide a response in a short period of time. We pay for the premium support, and find the support team to be quick and generally helpful in the responses they provide. As a technology partner, Logi does reach out to share information about new features and they've engaged us with opportunities to serve as early adopters/collaboration partners for new features in development.

What do you dislike?

Based on our current needs, I don't have any major issues with the organization or its software. There have been a few minor inconveniences, but nothing significant:

In the two years we've worked with the Logi team, we've seen a bit of turnover with our account managers, though it appears the transitions have all been the result of professional development/growth, so I can't fault them for their commitment to their employees.

A recent (minor) software release did not have any release notes/documentation posted to their portal for a few weeks, which caused us to hold off on moving forward, though it was subsequently posted.

Based on our recent contract renewal (our first), it felt that Logi's development/sales approach is to evolve a feature set to a certain place, and then to brand further updates as a new module, requiring separate licensing/renegotiation during contract renewal. While I understand this approach (they obviously need to bring in revenue to support product development) and I feel like we ultimately landed in a fair place for our current contract, I am more sensitive to the fact that more significant software updates could result in cost increases based on this pricing strategy.

We utilize and resell a white-labeled version of the Logi Analytics toolset alongside internally developed BI capabilities. Our decision to move forward with Logi allowed us to balance speed-to-market for core reporting capabilities while utilizing our in-house resources to develop more specialized BI components to support the unique needs of the industry we support. Overall, the Logi platform is flexible, integrates well with our custom features, and to date has supported our needs. My hope is that the Logi roadmap continues to align with our own and the needs of our user base, but for now we continue to invest in this hybrid model, which to date has served us well.

Logi Analytics review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Senior Programmer/Analyst"

What do you like best?

The product is full featured and fairly easy to utilize for a variety of BI apps. They continue to enhance the product with great new features on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometime I think they spreading themselves too thin in that they now have numerous other products which you need to license separately if so desire. I would prefer to have option for phone support wtthout paying extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review various products for your requirements. Obtain a quality Proof of Concept

Numerous dashboards and BI apps which assist analyst and other system users to consume data. We've created alot of apps in the product to fully expose execs to Sales and other type data which they used reports to access previously.

Logi Analytics review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Self-service reporting for a large, multi-tenant application"

What do you like best?

The Analysis Grid is a feature-rich tool that allows our customers to tailor their reports to their needs. They can add their own groupings, filters, and aggregations.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integration could use significant improvement. We've needed to customize several things and each time that effort has been non-trivial. I'm not a fan of the xml-based report configurations. I would prefer a more programmatic interface over the current config interface (a gulp vs grunt approach). The reporting engine is also pretty fragile. We've had reports completely break due to CSS, which is never something you want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can use Logi "out-of-the-box", it can be a good product for you. If you have significant customizations you need to make, you might want to consider another product. The integrations points are weak and very fragile. Custom development with Logi has been difficult.

We have a lot of varied business demands from our large number of users. They each have different reporting needs, and Logi gave us a UI to handle that.

Logi Analytics review by Spencer B.
Spencer B.

"Great for simple report at a large scale, but not good for complex report layouts"

What do you like best?

Graphics and Visualizations are visually appealing and support very robust use cases.

What do you dislike?

Form elements and client side business logic is not very well supported. Performance takes a big hit when dealing many form elements or elements with many options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your own UI and embed on visualizations where needed.

We needed to provide reporting on complex data analysis for a client, but lacked the in-house expertise to build professional quality web reports. The data analysis is where we add value to the client and using Logi Info has allowed to provide our findings via a high quality interface with minimal effort to ourselves; allowing us to focus on the things that drive our business.

Logi Analytics review by Ganesh k.
Ganesh k.

"It is efficient and changed the way we do the business."

What do you like best?

We creating analytic applications, deploying scalable dashboards and reports, delivering managed self-service analytic's to business users, and embedding analytic's into the applications workers use every day.

Also its supporting latest technologies, so that we can easily customize with any UI frameworks.

Software as a Service providers can easily configure security regardless of whether their customer data is stored in unique databases or in multi-tenant/co-mingled data sources.

What do you dislike?

We are unable to provide various options to users to achieve themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing more

It is supporting Javascript so that we can avoid performance issues like unwanted page loads.

Problem Solving:

As a Logi Customer, they assigned an Account Manager and further supported by a team of technical engineers, solutions consultants, and architects. OurAccount Manager is your central point of contact, liaising with our Training and Professional Services teams during your implementation and coordinating with the Support, Product, and Engineering teams on your behalf.

Logi Analytics review by Gabriel T.
Gabriel T.

"Logi Analytics - Logi Ad Hoc product brief notes"

What do you like best?

Logi Analytics Logi Ad Hoc is a relatively powerful product for ah-hoc data querying, among a very small set of similar products.

It allows presentation of data in hosted in RDBMSes through a metadata layer that can hide the complexity of joins and other physical database details from both end-users and report / ad-hoc query developers (developers can be the "power users", not just technically-minded people).

What do you dislike?

It is basically an "orphan" product that the Logi Analytics company is no longer improving at this time,

It does have some limitations as to how data can be presented via metadata and there are some bugs outstanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product Logi Ad Hoc, which is the only one I have experience with, is no longer enhanced, hence I do not recommend it.

The other products that Logi Analytics is actively developing - Logi Info and Logi Vision - seem successful enough judging from what one can read, especially in the "embedded analytics/reporting" space, with ISVs as the main kind of customer. It also has a newer DataHub product.

As a provider, Logi Analytics was included at the boundary between the 'Niche Players' and 'Visionaries' quadrants of the latest Gartner MQ for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms (Feb 2016).

Ad hoc querying of data residing in several SQL databases.

It is a replacement for writing raw SQL. Allows business users who understand their data to create their own reports.

Logi Analytics review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"Axeon review"

What do you like best?

Easy menu driven BI tool, and more, best things are easy wizards that allow connections and joining of databases from various sources and platforms. Logi is more than a BI reporting tool, we have used the tool to build applications using SQL Insert statements and Write Back. Again, only an understanding of SQL is necessary – although Web development experience and CSS makes it easier.

What do you dislike?

The naming of elements and attributes is not always clear – the tool can do a lot of things and many advanced features are not necessarily used – which makes it difficult to navigate. The naming of elements and attributes is not always clear – the tool can do a lot of things and many advanced features are not necessarily used – which makes it difficult to navigate. Although the online help and forums is excellent – getting a person to talk directly is difficult

Plugging gaps in legacy systems that have poor reporting, development of database driven web apps

Logi Analytics review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"A leap forward in Business Inteligence applications"

What do you like best?

The application is very easy to use, once you get used to the basics it takes no time at all to develop some really good looking reports and dashboards.

What do you dislike?

The in built SQL editor is a bit lacking in function. However, I also use Toad for Oracle, so tend to write and test my SQL in Toad and paste it into Logi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the free trial and have a go at using it. If you start with a few basic reports using the on line training material/video guides, you will soon see that it is feature rich and can achieve almost anything.

We have replicated and improved all our old BI reports and also developed a significant number of new one, all are interactive and accessible from anywhere on our networks.

We purchased this application to replace Cognos 7 which was very outdated. Logi has allowed us to deploy a fully interactive reporting solution across different databases.

Logi Analytics review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"I've been happily using Logi for over 6 year!"

What do you like best?

I like that Logi made me a web developer! It is very flexible, so we've created not only business intelligence reports, but also an online ordering system.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer more built in flexibility with page formatting, though it is also possible that the features are available and I simply haven't invested enough time in training. I'm expecting the Master Layout features and improved dashboard capabilities of the latest version to help solve this challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download a trial version and get going! Follow some of the examples on http://devnet.logianalytics.com to get comfortable. Once you get past the initial learning curve, it is very powerful and easy to use.

Our three main uses are 1) provide an alternative to an expensive, third party sales analysis tool, 2) provide an online tool for our customers to place orders, and 3) provide easier, timely access to information from a central access point.

We have 1) drastically reduced our licensing costs associated with the third party tool, 2) completed our second season of offering online ordering to our customers, and 3) begun providing access to more and more data.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A good, versatile analytics platform"

What do you like best?

Attractive, intuitive visualizations and data presentation with good integration for web sites and support for third-party applications. Design wizards greatly aid new application development and can be customized for specific data visualization requirements.

What do you dislike?

Licensing costs are too expensive for our business needs. Some Logi Studio element features require considerable trial-and-error and have a steep learning curve. Recent emphasis on self-service applications do not suit our business requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi Info is a good, all around solution for developing analytical applications to be used in an environment where users need flexibility in viewing and analyzing provided data values. New features including development Wizards help facilitate developing new applications faster, but customizing application elements beyond the initial results from a Wizard can take considerable re-coding to get things to work correctly.

Logi Info is used for report applications for a variety of web site applications. Features including tabbed browsing and data caching allow certain reports to contain a large set of data tables and visualizations without having to create separate applications for new web pages.

Logi Analytics review by Consultant in Renewables & Environment
Consultant in Renewables & Environment

"Very Satisfied with logi Info capabilities. Css should become more modern. Excellent Logi Support."

What do you like best?

1)The Simplicity in creating a web based Report.

2)The simplicity in bringing data from multiple sources and puting them in Charts/Tables/Pivots.

3)Retrieving data and making aggregations on them is very easy and fast. Easy to make all kind of "SQL" manipulations on data retrieved from Different sources (json, Sql Server, XML).

4)Exporting Reports is native in Logi. You can easily configure export to most common file types.

5)Easy to refresh specific parts of the page and not the whole page . You can also Cache Data in Logi and pass retrieved Data from one page to The other .

6)A great thing is that you can write your own js functions and use them in Logi. Is very easy to combine Logi methods and Custom Js.

Logi Built in Js and Css is also open to modify or even better , override following the documentation .

7)Shared Elements In Logi studio Lets you reuse anything in Logi. You can reuse from a string to a Whole Chart/Table/Report (Anything). Helps keep the Application organized.

8)Logi Plugins and proccesses gives you the ability to write Custom server side code. Very efficient.

Generaly i like that Logi is Pretty open to customize and extend . There is nothing that i have thought and i couldn't find a way to achieve. The Support Is very quick and willing to Help even if you haven't read the F#$%^7 manual !

What do you dislike?

Lets start with the negatives

1) The UI (Css) of logi is not so Modern. They keep updating it and adding more modern elements but the UI compared to other application i have seen is a little bit old. The Tables (Grids) is a big problem for us. There is no ability to freeze the first X columns , to Freeze Rows , not able to freeze headers and Scroll the body of the Table (This can be achieved but i don't agree with the way they Suggest). Default Css is uggly and complex to modify it.

2) Until Now there was not a Master Page Element. So going from one report to another , there was no way to achieve this without reloading the whole page or Using Iframes. The whole page keeps Reloading. Master Page added in last Versions But we didn;t have the time to Test.

3) There is no powerfull menu object (In my opinion) . You can't create a good looking menu with 3-4 levels depth if you are not willing to write tons of javascript and css. We spent more than 15 days building (and more refactoring) a simple menu while building a report can take 1-2 days .

4) Export to Word is painful, You will need to customize Css specifically for word. You may need to Use Word templates to do your job . You will spent a lot of time to make an Exported Word look Perfect.

5) Support is quick as i said before , but you can't expect any help if you don't upload them a demo of the problem. The Demo includes the report and the Data exported to XML. A demo can easily take more than one hour to create. (some times 2-3) . So you have to spent a lot of time in order to contact the Support even if you refer to something very simple or a Logi Bug that they already know. I think it twice before contacting

6) Logi produces some bugs each time they provide a new Service pack or a new version. So any time that i upgrade i am waiting for the Phone to Ring . It is dificult to know what items an update will affect and users find the problems most of the time. Some bugs take time to Solve(not the critical) because they are planned for the next service pack.

7) A Captcha object is missing from Logi. You should find a way to add it by your self.

8 ) The Documentation is not so good. It only touches the surface. If you need something deeper you should start trying until you find it your self. Forums are of some Help but will not save you.

We created a BI portal integrated with other Systems that we are using. We managed to give our users the information they needed in order to be more productive and informed. We put Logi in the middle to expose data in a friendly way. We have our BI portal organized and easy to extend, reusing as many elements as we can. The main benefit is that we feel that there is no limitation in what we can built for our users.

Logi Analytics review by Jamin R.
Jamin R.

"An innovative reporting solution"

What do you like best?

They provide a very flexible system to consume data and create reports. You can create reports fairly simply, but if you need additional flexibility there are a number of hooks in their API to meet a variety of needs.

You can choose from a number of data sources. You can design your reports for the users or you have some options to allow the user to customize or even create their own reports.

Logi continues to advance their products at a very quick pace. The new Vision product looks amazing.

What do you dislike?

We tried to use Logi to provide reporting capabilities into an existing SASS offering, an existing ASP.NET application. Logi does provide some integration, but really works better if its used as a stand alone application. It works similarly to Microsoft Reporting Services or Crystal Reports. It's not really a set of .NET controls which is really what we were looking for.

The product was very flexible, but we weren't sure what customizations we could make that would be compatible with the next release or if our customizations would no longer work in future releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends. If you are considering using this for an internal reporting tool and are comparing it to Microsoft Reporting Services and Crystal Reports then Logi does provide a number of compelling features.

If you are looking to integrate Logi into an existing web site I couldn't recommend using Logi. Their integration is not well developed. It didn't seem to be the primary use for the product and there are many better alternatives.

We were looking for a reporting solution that would integrate with an existing SASS offering. Logi was able to meet that need, but not to the level in which we expected or desired. We were able to provide a very flexible analytics grid with grouping, sorting, crosstab and calculated columns. We were also able to deliver these grids on a scheduled bases with Logi's scheduler, although we have replaced the Logi scheduler because we were getting inconsistent results with it delivering reports via email.

Logi Analytics review by Andy H.
Andy H.

"Reseller ,technical expertise 4 years"

What do you like best?

Extensibility of the product to cover the diverse dashboard and reporting needs of our clients.

Embeddability of the product to be used within applications as well as on its own.

Ability to connect to any source pretty much

Diverse use of chart library and ability to use other libraries

What do you dislike?

It would be better to keep some of the core elements upto to date and modern rather than creating new ones.

Not 100% clear as what what Logi are trying to achieve in their roadmap. I bleive they are best suited to Embedded BI but not for Data Discovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi is a versatile tool with the ability to build most reporting and analytical needs at a fraction of cost and time. If clients were looking for an alternative to some of the traditional reporting tools (BO/ Microstrategy/ Cognos) then Logi would be our recommended alternative.

We are a partner of Logi and solving many needs for a clients for automation / reporting, dashboarding and data discovery.

Using the tool to satisfy diverse needs within Logistics Customer service, Construction facilities management and general sales dashboarding

Logi Analytics review by David M.
David M.

"Extremely flexible, powerful and constantly evolving"

What do you like best?

Logi is an extremely versatile and powerful BI tool.

We have found Its development tool to be its primary strength. It has been familiar enough for our development team to be able to get up to speed with it rapidly; extensible enough for us to be able to customise sufficiently to our requirements; and has provided seamless embedding into our software offering.

It provides all necessary visualisations for our needs and our future requirements look very exciting as we roll out self service and discovery to our customers

What do you dislike?

Its complexity can be both its strength and its weakness. Often when trying to reproduce something you have seen it can be difficult to find the resources you need to find it. Forum support and knowledge base articles on complex issues are limited. Embedding gave us particular problems relating to switching sessions to new tenants which we were unable to find any support on, resorting to a trial and error approach to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steep learning curve, but powerful once the initial hurdles are overcome.

We required seamless embedding and integration into our SaaS software offering. Our multi-tenanted solution required a BI suite that could connect to flexible data sources subject to the tenant, and we needed the integration to be invisible. We also needed an initial BI offering which we configured and provided along with the ability for our customers to optionally self-serve. Logi has met all these requirements.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Logi is a Great Embedded Analytics BI Tool"

What do you like best?

Logi Info is a great BI tool in the embedded analytics space. It's greatest strength is that if you are unable to do something using the native Logi components (which is rare, there are a lot of them) you can usually do it with an outside source (i.e. JavaScript, JQuery, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Logi could use some upgrades to the responsive design development elements of their product. It works well within the confines of how they have defined it (4 screen sizes, 12 columns within those sizes), but outside of those parameters it is almost useless. In this day and age of large monitors, just 1200 pixel screens are becoming fairly uncommon and this had led to a lot of development time and hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the Logi QuickStart program. It was highly valuable and taught us a lot of hands-on tips about the application.

Logi has allowed us to integrate analytics into our product quickly and fairly efficiently. Overall, we have been happy with Logi as a product. It is a very expansive product and where it does not have what we need, we are able to add what we need through external plugins and component with very little effort thanks to the foresight that Logi has given when developing their product.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great report and dashboard building tool for embedding across thousands of users"

What do you like best?

We are able to create embedded web reports for tens of thousands of users with Logi's unique pricing model. The cost of entry was very reasonable, which was important to us as this was new technology, replacing a slate of very old reports. Logi was very supportive with our efforts, and their continual product improvements have dove-tailed nicely with our product plans.

The "shared elements" feature was very valuable for reducing report building hours. We also found that copying an existing report similar to the one we needed could reduce time to build new operational reports to around 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The developer studio can be a bit "fiddly" at times, though if you can use the wizard to create your data layer, it's a huge time-saver in terms of naming elements, etc. It would be nice if every element could automatically be assigned an ID, even if not using the wizard.

We also ran into issues with Logi's native ability to convert xml to csv. For security reasons we did not convert to csv directly from our query, but rather rely on Logi to do the conversion. Logi attempts to convert the entire xml file to csv in memory, which resulted in using up all the memory on IIS. We have worked around it for now, but it would be nice if Logi could handle the CSV output directly, if needed.

We've also had sporadic problems with the report scheduler, which we rely on heavily for large data files. Their support desk has been helping us with these issues for several months-- making some progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend doing an extended POC using a real report with some complexity, so that you can experience the Logi Studio in full. Learn how to build a Shared Element, use the wizard, and also create charts and dashboards. Ask Logi to help you understand the shortcuts and quickest path to getting a report or dashboard up and running.

Have at least two engineers dedicated to developing in Logi Studio if you have a medium to medium-large project. It's not an easy tool to dabble in -- you get much more velocity with expertise. You also need to set aside time to learn and use their new features-- it's worth doing. And take time to figure out the best approach-- strategize before you start coding too many things, so you don't have to go back and re-do any previous work.

We also used a small contracting firm to help us as needed with larger areas of our project, as we did not have a dedicated developer.

Logi's technology made it possible for us to deliver large amounts of data to customers without engaging any internal resources, so we have happy customers as well. Without Logi's embedding model, it's unlikely we would have gone with a 3rd party vendor at all, as BI projects can have a high failure rate.

Their single sign-on handling was easy to implement, for both internal and external users. We have also implemented their security model for internal reports, along with self-scheduling of reports.

We have only used a fraction of Logi's capabilities, and we're looking forward to exploring the new features in their self-service model as well as their dashboard enhancements.

Logi Analytics review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Pretty easy for a bunch of non-developers"

What do you like best?

After the initial learning curve, adding content can take place at an exponential rate. Very impressive to compare what we built in the first 6 months to the next 6. Can't wait to see what the next 12 bring.

Logi's support and professional services groups have been excellent through our first year of using the products.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve was a bit steep, but we were primarily a group of sql coders and not web developers so we did need to enlist the help of Logi's professional services to get us started.

The naming and licensing of the various Logi applications can be extremely confusing at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Quick Start!

We are a services provider using Logi Analytics to deploy interactive tools to our customers to help them visualize their data - response has been quite postive.

Logi Analytics review by User in Computer Software

"Senior Software Developer"

What do you like best?

I like the scheduler process that allows scheduled reports with export to PDF and is now compatible with a web farm and supports SQL server rather than the file based proprietary database Logi scheduler used to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the IDE crashes when expanding the value of an attribute or on exceptionally large report definitions. Also I dislike the speed and some of the XML overhead as well as the large data cache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fast way to produce rich reports and once you discover running plugin code to manipulate the XML you will be amazed and what can be accomplished. There are some gotchas like the dashboard starter file when getting deployed may get set to read only by your file versioning system and then you have readonly user templates that can no longer be edited by users.

reporting and analytics on large data reports

Logi Analytics review by Gene S.
Gene S.

"Researched and implemented LOGI as embedded reporting solution"

What do you like best?

Embeds nicely into our software application. Fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

CPU (IIS) and File store intensive. LOGI, by design, creates far too many large temporary files before serving to client. There should be a full memory stream option. Not the best solution for serving up very large reports. Upgrading between versions has been poor due to changing of styles and layout, which cause more unwanted development time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set expectations ahead to users to start with summary data in reports. Large datasets are not handled well (excluding use of self service reporting module. GO BIG WITH HARDWARE.

Offering a free self-service of standard reports for our clients.

Logi Analytics review by Aric K.
Aric K.

"Easy way to combine multiple data sources"

What do you like best?

The ability to combine multiple data sources from different types of databases.

What do you dislike?

The interface has a steep learning curve, but it is improving with every new release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

while not required to have a programmer, it helps to have someone with programming experience and understands the development lifecycle.

We are able to get real-time information that's visually appealing and easy to understand to our branches quickly. Something we were unable to do with our existing business system and CRM. It's also helped automate tedious tasks like report distribution and survey distribution and data collection. We've also used it to automate our customer rewards program coupon distribution.

Logi Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Our product uses Logi in integrated format to create custom reports within our product for customers"

What do you like best?

I like the filtering abilities and the calculated columns functionality, as well as the ability to roll up data with options to drill down.

What do you dislike?

We are on an older version of Logi, so I am not sure that it is fair for me to be too negative. However, the version we are on has a lot of scroll bars within scroll bars, which makes it difficult to create the report quickly. Additionally, we would like the terminology within the tool to be more user-friendly for non developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updated tool looks great, and the reporting design options are nice.

Our customers often want to interpret data very differently. That means that we could work for years and never provide a report that meets all of their needs for certain reporting themes. Placing this ability into their hands is so valuable.

Logi Analytics review by Bryan A.
Bryan A.

"Logi Info review"

What do you like best?

Easy to embed in existing application. Powerful reporting and graphing tools. Excellent customer support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really that I can think of. We are not using anywhere near the full capabilities of Logi Info, but what we have used so far, we have not disliked.

Prior to Logi Info, all reports in our product were hard coded by developers. Now we can create reports by less technical users, and we can update and add reports without site updates or code releases. It also gives us the ability to use reporting and graphing tools without having to maintain code and libraries.

Logi Analytics review by Toby M.
Toby M.

"Works, is powerful, and easy to onboard"

What do you like best?

Bringing Logi onboard was simple and they provided loads of information up front to help the process. The evaluation of them vs. other solutions was easy as the solution was both technically easier to implement and more cost effective.

What do you dislike?

I probably over-bought training time that we frankly didn't need, if that's the worst thing I can say, not too shabby...

Embedded analytics in my corporate product lines; unifying the stack so we no longer have 3 or 4 different solutions; speed to create and take new reports to market; improved visibility and data modeling.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Improved our Business"

What do you like best?

Logi has allowed techy savvy, but non developers to quickly create valued added data visualizations. The updates are relatively frequent to fix bugs and add new functionality.

For most applications we are able to go from concept to production in short order.

Customer Service and After Sales support has been good through dedicated rep.

What do you dislike?

OTB styling could be improved, most of our internal sites follow a bootstrap like html5 based style and Logi takes a fair bit of manipulation to get looking just right.

We have found that in updates some old working functionality will be removed (either through deliberate decision or bug) without being announced or formally deprecated.

Some large data visualizations are slow loading (in comparison to standalone JS based visualizations utilizing the same data)

We primarily use Logi to tie all of the pieces of our ERP / Business Appplications together to deliver live Executive reporting. We were able to remove two FTEs of business analyst support who were manually running reports and tabulating results.

Our secondary use is to perform live integrity checking of our business applications to help administrators quickly identify potential anomalies or mis-keys and prioritize their correction.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great reporting tool, that has many useable features out of the box!"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of creating reports, and the nice array of "drop-in" elements that Logi Info Studio provides. It's also very easy to integrate and use data, that can be sourced from many different database structures/systems. Also, the ability to allow your users to shape and manipulate the data through the reports is a great advantage over some other available systems.

What do you dislike?

The lack of AngularJS 2.0 API support. Currently there is no way to get the Logi API to play nice with AngularJS 2.0, since it is required to have the API code sit at certain place in your web page. AngularJS 2.0 does not allow you to specify API locations. However, I understand that there is a fix for this and it is planned for later this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the reporting software you should be using.

We currently integrate Logi reports inside our healthcare-based application. It makes it easy to present to our customers with their own data in visual form. As mentioned above, It also allows our customers the flexibility to shape and manipulate the data to their liking.

Logi Analytics review by Digger K.
Digger K.

"Logi is a great entry level Visualization and Dashboarding tool"

What do you like best?

I love the how you can customize the reports. There are very few things that I have not been able to do.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report building is a little slow and lacks automation. Adding a summary row should be a basic step but is rather time consuming.

We are able to deliver real time data to front line staff, constantly letting them know where they stand against their goals. We are now hitting a goals at a much higher percentage and therefore helping the bottom line.

Logi Analytics review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"customization "

What do you like best?

unlike other 100+ bi tool in the market, this platform allows you to bring all you customization to live.

plenty build in functionality will give you the easy way to achieve your goal. on top of that, there's open sources web enabled script embedded allows you to attached to anything.

What do you dislike?

it will require some solid training at the beginning.

also it's too expansive

Recommendations to others considering the product

best vis and customization

web application

there's pros and cons about these tools. lots options and lots limits. logi will require more time on the development and maintenance.

Logi Analytics review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"Provide a view on your data quickly"

What do you like best?

Adaptability and flexibility.

The possibilities are endless in term of integration with existing web based solutions and provide very good extensibility, connexion and integration possibilities.

I reallly like how quickly I can display data.

Developement is easy.

What do you dislike?

The documentation could be more complete. There is exemples but in some more complex cases, there's a lack of documentation and exemple.

The forum would benefit of having the Logi team answer some of the unanwsered questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LogiInfo is worth evaluating. Mostly, it will be quick to evaluate and will give result fast.

We needed to quickly integrate a dashboard and reporting solution.

The learning curve was quick and we didn't have to hire specilist and wait months before having something to use.

Logi Analytics review by John P.
John P.

"Best BI tool I've found!"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use, you can be a SQL master or total novice, it does everything you need it to and it looks good, what else could you possibly want from a piece of software?

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across anything yet that I can put in this box, I love this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to at least consider this product. I had many come in to demo their product but Logi had the best license model, was the easiest to use, had all the functionality the others did (the same could not be said for those others, they all lacked something that Logi delivered).

We haven't done any reporting historically but the data has always been there, just not easy to get to.

Logi has allowed us to get at that data and present it in a way that's digestible and allows us to spot trends and patterns we haven't been able to track before and some we never even thought of before.

Logi Analytics review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"It's not terrible, but very frustrating too"

What do you like best?

Responsiveness, self service module and a security model where we have access to user context.

What do you dislike?

Feels hacked together, .NET based and way too many things that are just too hard to implement and require workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a .NET/Windows environment, it's probably better. I didn't know until it was too late that this thing runs on Linux using Mono, which is a .NET implementation for Java. It can make for some serious hassles. The developer studio is also Windows only, which means when running in Parallels on our Macs the fan is constantly running like a jet.

We need BI in our Transportation Management System (TMS), so good reporting is paramount. We are able to do things that we couldn't with Birt, which is total garbage. It's taken a lot more time than we anticipated, but we finally have reporting and self service in our app. There are a lot of hacks in Logi so we had to spend a lot of time trying workarounds for things that were shockingly not already the way we expected.

Logi Analytics review by Dana W.
Dana W.

"Logi Info Review"

What do you like best?

I love the capabilities it has for user interaction and the graphics

What do you dislike?

What I disliked the most was the lack of the "Designer" enviorment to create dashboards. I felt that there was a big learning curve to do a simple dashboard. I miss the drag and drop elements of designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough time in the day to learn the software.

Excecutives would like to see charts and graphs on the go from ipads and smart phones.

Logi Analytics review by Prachi C.
Prachi C.

"Excellent analytical reporting tool"

What do you like best?

You can create a variety of reports with this easy to use report tool. The IDE allows you to control the charts and tables structure without writing any code. You can integrate jquery code to customize your extra reporting needs. You add custom css files to control the UI design.

What do you dislike?

There are still more functionality needs to be added such as drill through charts and tables. Lazy loading in case of huge data.

Its easy to use. With less effort one can create reports that can benefit the organization to visualize the raw data for analytical decision making.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Great fit for our needs"

What do you like best?

I think Logi Analytics has a great balance between out-of-the-box features and the ability for customizations. A big draw to Logi was its robust developer site and community, along with its licensing model which allows for more concurrent users than other BI tools I investigated.

What do you dislike?

I have much more positive information than negative. Many of the features I want were included in version 12.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have it fully demo'd. I've read other users' reviews who express surprise. We had nothing but a positive experience in having it demo'd.

Our small business primarily wanted to create a site for our external users, and its reports, charts, etc. substantially reduced incoming phone calls. Scheduled events and email capabilities, to name a few, made our company's site the best in the industry.

Logi Analytics review by Debbie M.
Debbie M.

"Great reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use.

Ability to customize.

Documentation is available to anyone at anytime.

Excellent support.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that sometimes it's hard to know where to start. However, this can be a good thing as there are a lot of choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and I highly recommend it.

Consolidating various tools into 1 user interface.

Creating reports and live data to end users that helps our distribution centers run more efficiently

Logi Analytics review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"Excellent experience and results with Logi"

What do you like best?

Broad range of capabilities of Logi Info, both in the end-product for my clients as well as versatility in the development environment.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see them continue to enhance the ability to "share components" (including "snippets" of SQL code) across reports.

Visibility to CEO-level key metrics for my clients across the country (and on the verge of going international). Allows my clients to better manage their business for increase success and profitability.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Used Logi Info to provide web reports for a customer"

What do you like best?

The support has been very good. I have had a response for every question, and the items that are not immediately answerable are addressed later when updates come out.

What do you dislike?

As with any third-party solution, there are things that my client would like to do that need extra work to accomplish since they are not immediately handled by Logi Info's current slate of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test your special data display requirements beforehand -- the support team is good at letting you know how to achieve your goals.

Providing data and charts for survey responses. The benefit has been greater flexibility to create reports that work for multiple customers.

Logi Analytics review by Sreenath R.
Sreenath R.

"Beautiful User friendly Application"

What do you like best?

1. Giving users the ability to create their own view of the world and see what’s really important to them is a key strength. My Preferred elements are Analysis Grid and Gauge Needle.

2. We can create Logi Info is a business analytics platform for rapidly creating interactive applications that include dashboards, reports, and self-service analytics.

What do you dislike?

Need few elements support for all IE versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

All Elements are user/Developer friendly

Logi Analytics review by Elizabeth Q.
Elizabeth Q.

"Logi Info gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Logi has extensive documentation, which makes it easy to research the problem you are trying to solve.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve. Experience writing Javascript/CSS doesn't necessarily translate directly. It helps, but at times the elements in Logi Info seem unnecessarily complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation! It's a lifesaver.

We use Logi Info for custom report development. When our customers request a new report, it proves faster to create a Logi report than to use the other reporting tool we utilize. The finished product is also more user-friendly for our customers.

Logi Analytics review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="4205bb42-f9bd-45ee-9f6f-398525e39d05">Deepak C.</span>
Deepak C.
" itemprop="name" />

"Logi is really a powerful BI tool"

What do you like best?

Easiness to build and integration with the own application and lots of features that provide real business insight. Multiple platform and deployment server support.

What do you dislike?

Some of the elements are time taking like MetaDataBuilder which takes effort if in case you have big database having number of tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking an easy to develop a BI dashboard tool then Logi is really quick and easy to do that.

We have integrated this with our product to provide business insights to our customer from their data.

This helped to quickly build and up an interactive business insight dashboard.

Logi Analytics review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"New to me platform that I am gaining knowledge in"

What do you like best?

It is a pretty robust system that works with various operating systems and can pull from very different data sources.

What do you dislike?

It is not as intuitive as previous platforms I have worked with. The learning curve has been very steep with very limited outside resource help like MS SQL or SSRS

Recommendations to others considering the product

in depth training with someone very knowledgeable in the product and a fair amount of web development experience

It is used as an executive information system. It is used from executives to analysts to review how the company is performing in very detailed aspects.

Logi Analytics review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Awesomesauce"

What do you like best?

Logi gives us the power to create such powerful reports, and customize everything. As a UX designer, I love to have full control over the experience we create for our customers. You've totally nailed that.

What do you dislike?

Not really much of anything. Customization may be a bit overwhelming, but I think we'll get over that ;^)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a hard look at these guys. Their support and outreach to help is incredible. Their products seem to be right on the money for what we need, and can grow with us into the future extremely well. Hands-down best in class overall.

We're finding that we can now provide our customer-base with more accurate data, still presented in a meaningful way, and meet them where they are at (their mobile devices) with the responsive templates provided.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Logi Analytics for external reporting"

What do you like best?

Usage model, ability to integrate into our current application, speed to releasing new reports is excellent. Charts are easy to setup and the drill through features are nice although a bit cumbersome to implement. Support is helpful and responsive

What do you dislike?

difficulty in styling different elements, confusion over when to use tags and when text/javascript functions. Setup on individual workstations is difficult but trouble free once completed. Upgrading process could be smoother, need to have a way to test out the upgrade and fix problems in a separate environment.

We create custom reports using Logi that are accessible to our customers

Logi Analytics review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Needs Work"

What do you like best?

The install and setup are very easy. This sentence is to meet the 40 character limit. I don't know why there is a 40 character limit, but that is what this sentence is for.

What do you dislike?

The ideas behind the system seem promising, but the limitations behind some elements restrict the ability to fully customize some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the product for limitations before implementing it into your application.

Reporting.

Logi Analytics review by Kiel K.
Kiel K.

"Provides Quick and Easy Report Building"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility and the ability to quickly build out reports. This allows prototyping to get some thing in-front of the user quickly. As a developer this is critical because the customers always want changes once they see things.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve for all the ins and out are challenging.

We are trying to give answers not data. Logi's visualizations and data tools allow us to provide these answers quickly and visually in a manner that customers can understand.

Logi Analytics review by Siraj H.
Siraj H.

"We have been happy with Logi Analytics so far."

What do you like best?

Ease of Use

Easy integration with our existing system

Nice interface

What do you dislike?

Scheduling has some issues and we have been in contact with Logi about them and they are very helpful. Also performance with large datasets is less than optimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is mature enough to be used and a lot cheaper than the competition.

We gave our users the ability to design their own BI reports, schedule them, share them with other users. The users are happy about it.

Logi Analytics review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"We utilize Logi Info in a multi-tenant environment to provide additional reporting capabilities"

What do you like best?

The product makes it easy to build out interfaces to the audience we intend. The performance on large data sets is also a nice "feature" that other products to not have.

What do you dislike?

The upgrade process for the products is unrefined and the support structure of the company has a need for a lot of growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated person to at least managed and develop on the product.

As a software company, we can concentrate on our core competency as opposed to developing a reporting system for our data.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The most unique reporting tool which allows you to build the reporting tool you need for your system"

What do you like best?

Logi allowed my company to incorporate a reporting experience into our SaaS software which suited our specific needs that was flexible and easy to use. Logi Studio and all the provided examples allows the Logi developer to get up to speed very quickly! Logi's support and service are also excellent.

What do you dislike?

Logi can be intimidating at first, but once you utilize Logi DevNet and review examples it became easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you understand what Logi entails (building a reporting system vs one out of the box). If that is right for you, then Logi is very easy to get going and use!

We were able to offer a flexible reporting solution which was integrated into our SaaS software.

Logi Analytics review by Darlene B.
Darlene B.

"Not Great for Custom Web Applications"

What do you like best?

Easy to generate reports and charts, especially without html/js experience.

What do you dislike?

Challenging to customize. Not great for a web development or independent software vendor.

Generate reports for our customer base through a website we host. We redistribute reports to our clients.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Use Logi for custom reporting"

What do you like best?

It's easy to build and format reports without having to build an entire website from scratch.

What do you dislike?

For us, the cost of maintaining the license isn't worth it for the kind and amount of reporting we do.Our reports are not making use of the advanced features available in Logi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need advanced reporting functions and don't have the knowledge or resources to build them from scratch, Logi is a great way to go.

As a non-profit ministry, we needed to be able to supplement the reports in our donor management system. Logi allowed us to quickly and easily build the reports that we needed so that data is available to those who need it.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Very versatile product"

What do you like best?

Logi can simply do many things well. From accessing multiple datasources to user friendly formatting, Logi can handle most anything we throw at it. I especially like the Analysis Grids. Devnet is a great community, you can get almost anything answered there.

What do you dislike?

The user interface doesn't always have the most useful tool tips or help information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HTLM, XML, and CSS should all be learned before you will truly maximize Logi's potential.

Being in local government, transparency is huge. Logi allows us to publish large datasets for public consumption easily.

Logi Analytics review by Karl H.
Karl H.

"Logi Experiences"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the interface, the standards compliance, and the ability to connect to SharePoint as a data source (among others).

What do you dislike?

The design interface is more complicated than I would like, but the complexity allows for greater control, so it's not all bad.

We are trying to provide better visibility into the variety of data that we collect. We are still in the early phases of implementation, but it is looking very promising at this point.

Logi Analytics review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Logi Studio is a great Application Development Tool"

What do you like best?

Thing I like best about this product is the tones of options it provides in one single tool.

What do you dislike?

Its not easy to use from a developer stand point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi Info is more of an Application Development tool rather than a reporting tool. So if you are looking to buy a reporting tool then this may not be a good choice however it can definitely pull reports.

We are mainly using it for reporting purpose. The main benefit thus far is the Analysis Grid.

Logi Analytics review by Duncan C.
Duncan C.

"Review"

What do you like best?

Designed for both developers and knowledgeable users. Once developers get to know the environment they can "make the product sing" very quickly.

What do you dislike?

One significant worry is that if this is very well received, we are 'on-the-hook' for a large licensing fee that is unclear at this time.

1. Provides multi-site reporting and analysis across our mostly one-site product set

2. Provides "demo bling" to engage executives

Logi Analytics review by Patrick K.
Patrick K.

"Applications Delivery Manager"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, quick learning cure, ease of deployment

What do you dislike?

some elements can be restrictive but that is the payoff for a concise development structure

Dashboarding, internal reports, real time reporting,

Logi Analytics review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent, Easy to Learn Tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspects of Logi Info Studio includes how quickly I was able to learn the basics as well as the ease of styling the reports to match your brand. In only 1 month I was able to do more in Logi than in our previous reporting tool in which I took a 3 month training course.

What do you dislike?

While it is very flexible, I would like to be able to wrap elements in custom HTML. Now you can include elements in a <div> but it is difficult to add elements into other HTML tags with custom styling with out using custom stylesheets etc.

I am updating all reports to show visual representations of the data as opposed to raw lists of data. I only began one month ago so the benefits are limited but we have received very positive feedback.

"Logi Info"

What do you like best?

The product is relatively easy to learn, suitable for non-developers, as long at they are reasonably technical, stable and consistent.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to what you can design with Logi out of the box. For very specific requirements, you might need to incorporate additional web technologies. In general, it is possible to use straight Logi for most requirements.

The ability to rapidly distribute sensitive information to different partners over the web, using a secure and flexible platform.

Logi Analytics review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Value rich application!"

What do you like best?

The elemental design makes Logi Info easy to use, and consequently able to deliver business and dashboard reporting quicker to our internal/external users.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to have anyone on my development team contact Logi support rather than have only one designated Point of Contact (POC). If the POC is unavailable, it's causing delays in resolution of issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, they have the correct Product roadmap.

We have integrated Logi Info into many of a customer-driven solutions to support their reporting needs.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"BI Manager- Basic Developer"

What do you like best?

It is a very good program and allows for creativity and versatility.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of user groups and it is difficult to find further assistance on the web or other sources outside of Logi Devnet.

We use Logi for our BI division to track our KPI's and develop business strategies. We have seen through putting our data in visual and easy to use analytical formats that more of our management team is taking an interest in the numbers and how they are being determined. A lot of questions and communication throughout the company.

Logi Analytics review by Russell H.
Russell H.

"Prime Care Technologies Experience with Logi Info"

What do you like best?

Fast embedding, powerful visualizations, support for a shared widget architecture between our multiple software lines of business

What do you dislike?

The license key management is cumbersome to use and more complex than necessary

Consistency in data visualization look and feel across product lines. Fast development of widgets, reports, and dashboards.

Logi Analytics review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Provides the analytics for our product"

What do you like best?

The infogo app is great as a start to get you going

What do you dislike?

Requires some in depth coding experience to integrate seamlessly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to have your reporting designed on paper before implementing it, this will save a lot of time

We are trying to solve dynamic reporting, but there are limitations that Logi has worked with us on and we have some workarounds

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Comprehensive reports"

What do you like best?

It's a robust reporting tool. The good thing about this tool is we were able to incorporate it into our existing environment.

What do you dislike?

Support could use improving. My developers call with a question regarding the auto-forwarding of open tickets but got some push back from the tech.

Our segmentation and targeting team has been able to identify key areas we need to focus on as a result of the reports generated using Logi.

Logi Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"A product that brings you the data that matters"

What do you like best?

We have been using the self service element of Logi and we are impressed with how easy it is to gather data from different sources into one place for users to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of API's so that we don't have to integrate this into one place in our app

To help introduce a BI element to our product

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Logi Info is working well for us. Support and Expoert on Demand are great when we need extra help."

What do you like best?

The number of objects, i.e. graphs widgets, tables etc. and the granularity of control.

What do you dislike?

That is is primarily a windows oriented server. Feels like lot of overhead and performance might be compromised in the way it bundles the app to run on a java server.

Business Intelligence dashboards for our multi tenant application. We have so far been able to produce several nice looking dashboards, graphs and metrics that are integrated into our app. We anticipate capitalizing more on some of the self service options in the near future.

Logi Analytics review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Great Product with Some Minor Issues"

What do you like best?

Using this software you can make whatever type of website you want while providing the exact type of information your users need.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations present in the software that you will have to work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look at all of the limitations that are present within the software. Make sure that you can either get around them or they're not a big deal.

Providing adhoc and scheduled reports to our users where they are in charge of generating them and setting the schedules.

Logi Analytics review by Mandeep S.
Mandeep S.

"Good Tool for BI but slow"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of custom stuff we can do in there

What do you dislike?

It's slow. Delivery times are slow as it requires developer to be engaged more and it's slow in loading for the end user as well

Logi is out BI tool, so all our data regarding the company is displayed through the use of logi.

Logi Analytics review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Logi info is one of the best tool for embedded analytics"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to extend the open source java script library functions

What do you dislike?

No drag and drop features to add report elements directly to the designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking embedded analytics application then Logi info is the best

We have developed two application one for a leading financial analyst firm to find insider trading, the analyst user in the organisation using this as a tool.

Logi Analytics review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"My G2 Experience"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation and integration throughout the process

What do you dislike?

Some issues with getting everything looking just perfect

We needed to move reporting information to the platform.

Logi Analytics review by Puneet D.
Puneet D.

"Review Business Intelligence products"

What do you like best?

its suits best if you have external user (outside your Intranet) as there is no additional cost of end users.

Security features are quite strong

What do you dislike?

Development tool - there is no canvas where you can see how the report would look like. So, not a very good tool for designing graphical chart report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logi has best licensing model is server-based, which allows companies to empower as many end-users as they need at no additional cost.

It help us spot and act on critical business situation.

Inform customers (advisers, network etc) about how they are performing.

Logi Analytics review by User in Computer Software

"Software Architect"

What do you like best?

Initially, when starting with the product the UI is good but then it becomes extremely difficult when trying to do complex reports.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely difficult product to use when you start doing complex reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the on demand training it will help.

Provide reporting to our user of our SAAS application

Logi Analytics review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Logi Analytics Review"

What do you like best?

LA is best suited for dashboard-ing and website plugin designs.

What do you dislike?

LA is less proficient at web reporting. Knowledge of XML, JavaScript, and web development is beneficial in learning the tool. Low amount of user forums. Resulting application fileset is heavy

Recommendations to others considering the product

LA is a great solution if you need just the user interface. However there are other tools stronger at the overall data flow which include a user interface as part of their product.

Wide array of ways to gather data into the tool, Extremely flexible components that are also easy to use for beginners

Great support from the company on getting the tool to adhere to your needs. Able to run on either Windows or Linux systems. Detailed and highly available documentation within the tool on how to use every piece of functionality