Logic Pro X

Logic Pro X is Apple's professional-grade audio editing software.

Work for Logic Pro X?

Learning about Logic Pro X?

Logic Pro X Reviews

Showing 60 Logic Pro X reviews
Logic Pro X review by <span>Paul P.</span>
Paul P.

Logic Pro X can meet all your audio production and sound design needs

What do you like best?

Layout is generally intuitive if you have a general understanding of signal path in a physical audio system. The stock plugins are also AMAZING (synths, FX, midi, etc). You can get a lot of the needed instrument sounds you hear on the radio from the stock plugins as they are. The plug and play capability is also really helpful because as one man band, I use a ton of different gear or instruments, and the software interacts perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Can have a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced functions/plugins, but it's not impossible to learn. Also, the presets for a lot of the instruments aren't too helpful. I usually prefer to just open a blank slate on a synth plugin and go from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. You won't regret it.

I have been able to craft specifically catered commercial music for videographers and ad agencies to use in their online video content that fits their specific branding. In addition, I have produced a full length album and a single release for various artists using Logic Pro.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X review by <span>Hugh L.</span>
Hugh L.

Meets all our needs!

What do you like best?

We use this alongside use a Behringer x32 for multitrack recordings week to week for our church services. The integration with the desk makes life so easy! We can control Logic from the desk, and we can control the desk from Logic!

The built in pre-amps are great.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple issues with the program freezing when trying to save, but there is enough users of this product that there are always solutions online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using Garage Band and you're looking to upgrade, logic is the way to go. A lot of the shortcuts and the interface is similar or the same, which makes the switch easier. It is the 'logic-al' decision! (haha, pun!)

This allows us to listen back instrument by instrument to our worship services. This means we can fine-tune our music and improve greatly.

We have also been able to edit somewhat messy rehearsals and send them out to our rotating band in order for them to learn new songs and practice.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Logic Pro X review by <span>Troy F.</span>
Troy F.

By far, my personal favorite for multi-track editing.

What do you like best?

Where do I start? Logic Pro meets and surpasses my needs for multi-track editing. My favorite feature just might be the ability to use a second screen for mixing. There are many options for various workflows - something that Apple seems to be doing right.

Effects and channel routing are quite intuitive and easy to use. Multiple takes are an easy thing to do with this software. Changing the timing of an audio track is simply amazing now.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, except that there are so many levels to learn that I simply haven't delved as deeply into as I need to. There is a very steep learning curve, but a very rewarding playoff is offered for investing the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy way to easily edit music or multi-track recordings.

I use Logic Pro for editing music and layering sounds for video editing (completed in FinalCut Pro X).

Logic Pro X review by <span>Jonathan L.</span>
Jonathan L.

An Incredible DAW

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is an excellent DAW. Building on Logic 9, Apple has outdone themselves. With a fresh look, Logic Pro X has everything a composer or musician could want. The inclusion of the Alchemy synth is by far my favorite with it's presets in presets and the incredible amount of depth once you go in to customize the settings. Also worthy of note is customization of the User Interface.

What do you dislike?

I'd really love to see the inclusion of a modular synth simulation. It's really the only thing it's missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn the program before delving in too deep. There are a lot of videos and manuals out there on Logic that are worth looking at.

Composing and recording were both kind of a hassle with 9, but are much easier in X. The exploration of presets and loops helps fuel my creativity in both aspects

Logic Pro X review by <span>Jason M.</span>
Jason M.

Logic Pro X

What do you like best?

I love the customizability of the various effects. You can really create a unique blend of sounds. The integrated copy and paste feature is probably one of my favorite features - allowing me to use the same settings for multiple channels with the same effects.

What do you dislike?

There is a fairly complex menu involved to find the features that you really want to use. Sometimes, the groupings feel very logical, but other times it can be very challenging to simply locate the the item you are trying to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a high quality recording interface, then I definitely recommend Logic Pro X. I have used many interfaces, such as GarageBand, Pro Tools, etc. and Logic Pro X is by far my favorite of them all. Definitely check out the free trial period before investing to make sure that this is what will work for you.

Logic Pro X is a huge step up from a program like GarageBand. Both programs have their place, but when working in the music industry and doing a lot of recording of multi-track songs, Logic Pro X is the way to go. It has streamlined my recording workflow and makes transferring recorded audio very easy.

Logic Pro X review by <span>Taylor G.</span>
Taylor G.

Great program, easy to learn

What do you like best?

I've been using Logic Pro since version 8 and have been using Logic Pro X since it's release. For a learning environment or for a beginner it's an easy to use and learn program with an amazing amount of depth. The UI is fantastic, especially when compared to other recording programs on the market.

What do you dislike?

Adding new instruments and plug-ins can be a difficulty. As well, mapping controls isn't the most intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're willing to put in the time to learn all the quirks, bells and whistles of the program. Especially compared to other software, it's very inexpensive, more than ever. It helps to have a collection of VSTs or be willing to make that investment as well, as the built-in sounds are okay but third party VSTs will really improve your game.

I used Logic Pro to write and produce soundtracks and background music for videos, films and games. It's extensive default library and compatibility with many third-party VSTs makes it easy to create and export tracks.

Learning about Logic Pro X?

* We monitor all Logic Pro X reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.