Logic Pro X

Logic Pro X is Apple's professional-grade audio editing software.

Work for Logic Pro X?

Learning about Logic Pro X?

Logic Pro X Reviews

Showing 70 Logic Pro X reviews
Logic Pro X review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Commercial Soundtrack Composer"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is everything I need as a professional soundtrack composer.

It's the absolute best DAW I have worked with, and is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

There is a major issue with GPU use. Even with a high-end mac with over 12 GB of RAM, you will experience overloads quite often on larger projects. This isn't the end of the world, but it definitely slows down your workflow in a very negative way. If this problem were fixed, I would consider it a flawless DAW.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect the GPU overload issue to put a slight hindrance on your workflow, if you plan on having projects with over 25 instruments and or/audio tracks.

Other than that, Logic is a phenomenal DAW. I'd highly recommend switching to it. You don't even need tutorials. It's incredibly easy to pick up.

Logic allows me to compose and produce triple-A, fully orchestral film and video soundtracks in a timely, cost-effective manner. I've never had a client be disappointed with my work in the DAW. Most people cannot tell the difference between my work, and something recorded in a large studio with a live orchestra.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X review by Paul P.
Paul P.

"Logic Pro X can meet all your audio production and sound design needs"

What do you like best?

Layout is generally intuitive if you have a general understanding of signal path in a physical audio system. The stock plugins are also AMAZING (synths, FX, midi, etc). You can get a lot of the needed instrument sounds you hear on the radio from the stock plugins as they are. The plug and play capability is also really helpful because as one man band, I use a ton of different gear or instruments, and the software interacts perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Can have a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced functions/plugins, but it's not impossible to learn. Also, the presets for a lot of the instruments aren't too helpful. I usually prefer to just open a blank slate on a synth plugin and go from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. You won't regret it.

I have been able to craft specifically catered commercial music for videographers and ad agencies to use in their online video content that fits their specific branding. In addition, I have produced a full length album and a single release for various artists using Logic Pro.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Logic Pro X review by Hugh L.
Hugh L.

"Meets all our needs!"

What do you like best?

We use this alongside use a Behringer x32 for multitrack recordings week to week for our church services. The integration with the desk makes life so easy! We can control Logic from the desk, and we can control the desk from Logic!

The built in pre-amps are great.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple issues with the program freezing when trying to save, but there is enough users of this product that there are always solutions online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using Garage Band and you're looking to upgrade, logic is the way to go. A lot of the shortcuts and the interface is similar or the same, which makes the switch easier. It is the 'logic-al' decision! (haha, pun!)

This allows us to listen back instrument by instrument to our worship services. This means we can fine-tune our music and improve greatly.

We have also been able to edit somewhat messy rehearsals and send them out to our rotating band in order for them to learn new songs and practice.

Logic Pro X review by Troy F.
Troy F.

"By far, my personal favorite for multi-track editing. "

What do you like best?

Where do I start? Logic Pro meets and surpasses my needs for multi-track editing. My favorite feature just might be the ability to use a second screen for mixing. There are many options for various workflows - something that Apple seems to be doing right.

Effects and channel routing are quite intuitive and easy to use. Multiple takes are an easy thing to do with this software. Changing the timing of an audio track is simply amazing now.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, except that there are so many levels to learn that I simply haven't delved as deeply into as I need to. There is a very steep learning curve, but a very rewarding playoff is offered for investing the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy way to easily edit music or multi-track recordings.

I use Logic Pro for editing music and layering sounds for video editing (completed in FinalCut Pro X).

Logic Pro X review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"An Incredible DAW"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is an excellent DAW. Building on Logic 9, Apple has outdone themselves. With a fresh look, Logic Pro X has everything a composer or musician could want. The inclusion of the Alchemy synth is by far my favorite with it's presets in presets and the incredible amount of depth once you go in to customize the settings. Also worthy of note is customization of the User Interface.

What do you dislike?

I'd really love to see the inclusion of a modular synth simulation. It's really the only thing it's missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn the program before delving in too deep. There are a lot of videos and manuals out there on Logic that are worth looking at.

Composing and recording were both kind of a hassle with 9, but are much easier in X. The exploration of presets and loops helps fuel my creativity in both aspects

Logic Pro X review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Logic Pro X"

What do you like best?

I love the customizability of the various effects. You can really create a unique blend of sounds. The integrated copy and paste feature is probably one of my favorite features - allowing me to use the same settings for multiple channels with the same effects.

What do you dislike?

There is a fairly complex menu involved to find the features that you really want to use. Sometimes, the groupings feel very logical, but other times it can be very challenging to simply locate the the item you are trying to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a high quality recording interface, then I definitely recommend Logic Pro X. I have used many interfaces, such as GarageBand, Pro Tools, etc. and Logic Pro X is by far my favorite of them all. Definitely check out the free trial period before investing to make sure that this is what will work for you.

Logic Pro X is a huge step up from a program like GarageBand. Both programs have their place, but when working in the music industry and doing a lot of recording of multi-track songs, Logic Pro X is the way to go. It has streamlined my recording workflow and makes transferring recorded audio very easy.

Logic Pro X review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Logic Pro Does the Job"

What do you like best?

Ease of use with a clean interface. I also love the way it syncs with media on my Apple computer. The integration of photos and music safes me time. It is very intuitive the way it is laid out. It is also very cheap considering all that it can do. There are not many software editors that are better.

What do you dislike?

Setting up routing on the channels for effects, inserts, etc seemed needlessly complicated. Also, media management is not as simple as it could be. When working with multiple drives, it gets confusing. Trying to find where the raw files are located is harder than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not beat the price for this product. It does almost all the things that much more expensive sound editing programs can do. It has a very clean layout and is easy to understand without digging into the manual.

Logic Pro is a great music/audio editor. You can not beat the price on this software considering all that it does. It is a simple solution for editing all of your audio. This program, combined with Final Cut Pro will give you great sounding and looking videos.

Logic Pro X review by User

"Simple, Best Tools a Singer could ask for."

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is for users to understand when transferring from a old platform. Apple offers a ton of different plugins, and I love how I can connect different plug ins within other software I use for music production. One of the best things I love about logic is how I can use the logic remote app on the iPhone and iPad, so when I am recording, I can use the app to remotely press record, so I don't have to be near the computer.

What do you dislike?

Logic Pro X is by far the best music production software out their, and it is adapted by most recording artists and studio's out their right now. The only issue I have with logic is that they don't offer a marketplace where users can install different plugins, made by different developers. Otherwise their is no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love for users to download apple's program Garage Band, so they can get to know the basic tools on the program, and when they switch over to Logic, it all won't be thrown at once to them.

I love how I can stay connected within all of my apple devices. All of my projects save within my iCloud, and I love how they can easily be imported to any other programs I may use for music production.

Logic Pro X review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"Great program, easy to learn"

What do you like best?

I've been using Logic Pro since version 8 and have been using Logic Pro X since it's release. For a learning environment or for a beginner it's an easy to use and learn program with an amazing amount of depth. The UI is fantastic, especially when compared to other recording programs on the market.

What do you dislike?

Adding new instruments and plug-ins can be a difficulty. As well, mapping controls isn't the most intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're willing to put in the time to learn all the quirks, bells and whistles of the program. Especially compared to other software, it's very inexpensive, more than ever. It helps to have a collection of VSTs or be willing to make that investment as well, as the built-in sounds are okay but third party VSTs will really improve your game.

I used Logic Pro to write and produce soundtracks and background music for videos, films and games. It's extensive default library and compatibility with many third-party VSTs makes it easy to create and export tracks.

Logic Pro X review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"Easy, in-the-box editing"

What do you like best?

The built-in sound library gets you out of many jams when designing!

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit big and friendly - which is cute but uses a lot of real estate on your screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are creating music and audio from a creative standpoint (vs a production one), it is hard to beat Logic. Protools is still my go-to choice, but Logic now has a firm place in my Toolkit.

My assistant designer and I needed to be able to edit on the same DAW platform with different hardware and no extra drivers, etc. We can open each other’s projects easily, and she learns one of the two industry standard DAWs.

Logic Pro X review by Keith B.
Keith B.

"The best music creation / production package I've ever used."

What do you like best?

It is very powerful, BUT it has a great simplicity of use which means the power features are there, but hidden away until you need them so they do not get in the way.

It comes bundled with a lot of different synthesisers and effects, each with their own strengths, so you really can get creating music right from the start.

I particularly love the latest synth they added, Alchemy, which is extremely powerful!

What do you dislike?

Minor niggle, zooming in is occasionally fiddly (hangover from an old interface I suspect).

Otherwise, very little to complain about it really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a little time to get to understand its flow and its deeper features.

It is easy and intuitive enough to be able to use from the outset, but there's always a lot more stuff to explore and find as you get used to it and start to dig deeper.

Great for beginner and pro alike.

It comes with a lot of built-in synthesisers and effects, enough to get you going in any genre, which is a distinct bonus!

I use it both for my passion / hobby of creating music, but also increasingly for creating backing tracks for my stage shows and for my publicity videos.

It is easy to get ideas down in a rough form, and then to be able to play and explore them quickly to create nice finished music - much cheaper than continually buying new music for backing and video!

Logic Pro X review by Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.

"My go-to for everything"

What do you like best?

Easy interface, very fast to load up the program and get right to work. Also auto-saves are extremely helpful when the software crashes or I make a big mistake and want to reload something.

What do you dislike?

The language for certain functions can be vague, making advanced features difficult to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used a few different DAWs, and honestly nothing compares. Logic Pro X is easy and intuitive to use, it requires very little to get it up and running, and is a solid industry standard work environment. Nothing else compares in my mind.

Logic allows me to create content quickly and professionally. It's powerful enough to handle a bunch of different tools, yet lightweight enough that I can load a file onto my laptop and record while traveling. I can use logic for everything from simple recordings and scratch tracks to complex orchestrations and rich synth arrangements. It does it all, and saves me from having to use multiple programs or purchasing a lot of expensive plugins.

Logic Pro X review by Jared E.
Jared E.

"Very robust yet very approachable"

What do you like best?

I love the built-in sounds and plugins. There is so much you can do to tweak sounds, and make a fairly generic instrument or plugin sound extremely professional in almost no time at all.

What do you dislike?

It seems like the overall sound quality isn't able to get quite as good as a Pro Tools HD rig. I don't have data to back that up – just my ears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to get started with production, or are looking for inspiration, this is THE app to use. May not be the go-to for large studios, but everything up to that point is definitely applicable.

Very affordable and approachable solution for DIY recording and production.

Logic Pro X review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Logic Pro X, an easier and sufficient way to produce music and audio."

What do you like best?

The best part of Logic would be the templates and the user-friendliness of the software. Not many Daws come with multiple presets and virtual software instrument plugins like Logic Pro X. The possibilities are endless in creativity.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Logic Pro X. I feel it is more preference driven than the actual program. So, I have nothing to contribute to disliking it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's more affordable compared to other professional DAW'S, it comes with all the plugins you need to get started and it is a professional standard grade Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).

I use Logic to produce music for live playback and to edit vocals for both speech and music. I don't have to build my own recording template to get started if I am in a hurry, I have the presets for everything built in with just the click of a button.

Logic Pro X review by Angie R.
Angie R.

"LogicProX"

What do you like best?

I like the depth of functionality of LogicProX - it is a complete recording program with an extensive library of patches, loops, effects, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is comparable to ProTools - I was more familiar with Logic from other colleagues, so that's what I chose when I originally purchased the software. Logic doesn't require so much online software validation compared to ProTools and Avid products.

For any music recording applications requiring a more professional and polished product, LogicProX is outstanding. It works for a plethora of applications - I've used it to create rehearsal tracks, recording quick snippets to share with fellow musicians when collaborating on projects over long distances, finished tracks to upload to CD Baby and iTunes, you name it, LogicProX can handle it.

User in Music

"My thought on Logic Pro"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X has is a great DAW if you are a composer or musician. Its a great tool for music production. The new features for drummers is amazing. You can change the drummer and their style, which is pretty cool. I also really like the Alchemy synth and its presets.

What do you dislike?

I think the editing part still need some work on. Compared to Pro Tools it lacks many features, it should be way more intuitive and user friendly. It just seems to hard to edit audio on Logic. The MIDI editing also need some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for Music Production, its the one of the best Daws out there for that.

What I cant do in Pro Tools I do in Logic Pro. I think its more creative oriented than PT, and way easier to produce on.

Logic Pro X review by Glenn F.
Glenn F.

"The choice DAW for composers"

What do you like best?

As a multi-DAW user I find myself jumping around from platform to platform for different tasks. I might use Ableton for certain types of writing and sound design and Pro Tools for editing and recording studio tasks. Logic however, has consistently been my DAW of choice for my work as a composer. With a fully integrated workflow from advanced MIDI editing and routing to a huge array of instruments and very effective mixing facilities, Logic packs in more value than any of its competitors at its price point. With SMPTE grids and an intelligent marker system, Logic is an incredibly useful film scoring and sound design tool for creating mockups along side the most common video frame rates. While I love the creative pallet of Ableton's sound design workflow, I still use Logic as a main station for arranging sounds and music, as it has much more pro features necessary for precise video sync.

What do you dislike?

As a long time user, so many qualms I used to have were solved with the release of Logic X a few years ago. So many things to love-- the track stacks are immeasurably useful, advanced quantization to preserve the human-nature of a recorded performance, excellent synthesis and sampling capabilities in the beastly Alchemy. That being said, there are some incredibly basic issues that I've always had that still remain, especially coming from a Pro Tools user who was spoiled on what was simply a "fewer steps" editing workflow. I've wanted for years for Logic to change their destructive editing nature when applying pitch and time effects, and in the same vein would love to have seen some equivalent of an audio suite style processing that doesn't require physically copying an audio file in order to create the process. Of course you can process an audio file with relatively little difficulty, but it is a bit unnecessary for me to have to create new audio files every time I want to manipulate the region. Very easy to accidentally make a destructive edit!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the few all-in-ones that get 98% of the features spot on. Often programs try too hard to be too many things to many users, but Logic has figured out how to make things just customizable enough to please everyone, while having some very deep features that save an incredible amount of time.

Though Logic doesn't quite compare to the feature set of Pro Tools HD for working with film, for the creative headspace and honestly the only SMPTE tools you'd need to create incredibly professional mockups, Logic is still the most value for what it is. With Pro Tools HD systems costing thousands of dollars, so much of the essential functionality is shared between the platforms, plus a gigantic library of sound creation and a much better MIDI workflow. While I would use Pro Tools in a large post production studio, I would continue to write and produce in Logic, regardless of my personal budget. At $199, it provides all you need to work as an indie and pro composer.

Logic Pro X review by Nathan L.
Nathan L.

"Logic Pro X Review "

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is a super powerful DAW with tons of features. I love editing capabilities, Pitch Flex, and easy workflow. Ability to create markers, arrangement notes, and all sorts of other options to simplify the work load. The MIDI capabilities with Logic are awesome

What do you dislike?

I wish that Logic's editing capabilities were more comparable to Pro Tools with realtime audio. Pro Tools is a super powerful editor, and Logic could make it more like them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logic Pro X is the ultimate composer's and producer's tool in the audio industry. It is much more affordable and just as powerful as Pro Tools, Abelton, Sonar, etc. The MIDI capabilities are impressive and easy to use. Recording, editing, and mixing are all very easy to accomplish with Logic Pro X

I have the need to create high quality recordings. Logic Pro X gives me a place to do it. I am a composer, arranger, songwriter, and performer. I can use Logic in every single one of those platforms. I can write in Logic and export files to Finale to notate. It makes the writing process faster and more fluid.

Logic Pro X review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Intuitive and useful"

What do you like best?

Great software for audio editing. Standard features are very useful, but the ability to download so many free and paid add-ons. Definitely can be used to make attractive audio clips. Great for personal and professional use.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about logic pro, only that there is a learning curve to get around but there are plenty of tutorials to help ease the difficulty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn the product as it can be confusing. Once you have sufficient knowledge of the program, it will pay off as the features are very useful and the quality is incredible.

I was able to deliver quality audio clips to my clients. My reputation has improved as I'm able to bring in more clients due to the quality of my work. Both my clients and I have benefited from this software.

Logic Pro X review by User in Higher Education

"Best DAW Software"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X has new features that easily allow you to draw in notes. The flow of the software especially creates a unique experience. My favorite part about using Logic is the ability to switch out kit pieces in samples and its note repeat function and beat mapping.

What do you dislike?

Surprisingly, trying to copy and paste is really hard. For example, when trying to copy a beat mapping area, it does not copy the segment I want, but rather the whole loop. It is extremely hard just getting a specific section and the directions that come with the software do not provide instruction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logic has its own features that make it unique to other DAW software, however you just have to find the right software that works for you. Logic also works well in combination with other softwares.

Logic Pro X has solved many problems, but mostly it has helped with being able to mix, master, and edit everything on one DAW. Logic has many unique features and plug ins that other DAW software does not, which is a benefit on its own.

Logic Pro X review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Decades of Logic Pro brought us here"

What do you like best?

The clarity of the routine modern DAW workflows is present in Logic Pro X, combine that with the ease of doing modern pitch & time related tasks (to percussion/drums and melodic material) make Logic comparable to the other major DAWs. There's enough clarity in terms of workflow and the toolsets exposed in the User Interface that novice and experienced users alike can spend their entire time working in Logic without ever having to 'dig under the hood' if they don't want to. This is a testimony to what has happened to Logic under Apple's ownership. for there was a time that you HAD to understand the underpinnings of Logic, its conventions and workflow. and the Environment, to even accomplish the most basic of tasks (as even getting audio & midi working together would be a challenge otherwise). Those days are LONG behind now, and Logic is not just a fully fledged DAW to compete with the other main ones on the market, it also absolutely stands on its own as a tried & true tool for modern audio production. From traditional multitrack recording, to combining session workflows with loop & virtual instrument content, to creating entirely electronically generated/produced content, Logic can do it all.

And it still has its Logic/Notator underpinnings for the power users who have been here for years like myself. Yes, I still have outboard gear and use it in ways that goes beyond what the simple instrument definitions will ever achieve, so i use the environment. I also have linked window/multi-timeline view workflows and more key commands than will fit into a single (simple to use) key command set. In fact I understand how to generate Hyperdata sets, convert between object & track based automation (and vice versa) to use all of Logic's tools to their best advantage. The time I spend doing esoteric tasks gets less and less as the UI and overall workflow improves over the years, but I remain loyal to Logic for the power underneath its hood and thankful to Apple & the Emagic team for keeping true to its roots.

What do you dislike?

I will add that Logic Pro X's UI trends towards feeling a bit cramped on machines that don't have retina display resolutions, though thankfully retina is now fully supported across all the icludand while I personally welcome the darker look again, the overly large size of certain UI elements and Icons is a bit of a distraction. Thse are minor niggles however, and quickly go away to those who haven't been using 4.x or 5.x for over a decade (I have moved up with almost every version).

Recommendations to others considering the product

What else can I say? I highly recommend coming to grips with the internal plugins and tools before venturing beyond for 3rd party solutions. The quality and breadth of the tools on hand might surprise you.

The workflow and stability of Logic Pro X is miles above where it was in V9, and the recent improvements in handling multithreaded distribution of the 'live' portion of the hybrid mix engine (live buffer runs at a lower latency than the mix buffer). And as always,. the included content, instruments and overall design of Logic place it on par (or above in some usage scenarios) with every other major DAW on the market, at a price that noone else beats.

Logic Pro X review by Fernando G.
Fernando G.

"Excellent for podcast editing"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the ease of doing non-linear editing and applying effects to certain clips. It runs great on my computer and it has a lot of tools that are not only useful for music production, but for radio, podcast, and in some cases for sound editing for film.

What do you dislike?

It get's crashy once you're using a lot of tracks. Besides this the effects that come preinstalled with the software is very limited. File management can sometimes be messy because of the way it archives some of the audio files. Dealing with the I/O menu is a hassle. Sometimes it recognises all of my hardware, sometimes none. And if none is recognised it is a nightmare to put everything in place and working.

For me Logic Pro is a fast way of editing non-linear audio into exciting audio podcast. Since I sometimes work with fiction podcast(radio novels) that need to be deliver weekly, it is important to have a software that is fast.

Logic Pro X review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"Logic Pro X is a powerful tool for MIDI-based music and audio production."

What do you like best?

Regarding general music production of really any sort, Apple's Logic Pro X has a huge array of instruments, sounds, samples, and effects that most other digital audio workstations simply do not provide. Other digital audio workstations often come with a few very basic instruments and/or effects, but Logic's supply of such tools far surpasses many other programs. Also, Logic Pro X's "Audio to MIDI" function is an especially useful and creative tool in creating and reinforcing music production techniques.

What do you dislike?

Logic Pro X's raw audio editing is a bit lacking. Though its MIDI functions are very advanced and useful, simple, precise audio editing is a bit of a chore compared to some other digital audio workstations available in the audio market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a raw audio editor, there are other options in the market that may be more useful to you. As with any other digital audio workstation, the principles between this program and other audio programs are similar, but Logic Pro X has strengths in the MIDI department, where other raw audio aspects are a bit less user-friendly. Purchase this product with this in consideration.

Transcriptions via the "Audio to MIDI" function can save tons of time, leading to more efficient use of time when working on a client's project.

Logic Pro X review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"The best audio editor for FCP movies and good recording of live events"

What do you like best?

Logic's interface is really good, and matches FCPX closely. The logic (ha) of the workflow also matches FCPX well, meaning that it's easy to use if you already know FCPX.

The effects are good, and the editor itself is useful. Its multitrack recording functionality is also really good.

What do you dislike?

For stuff where I need to work on one file and do delicate/intricate things, Logic is not my program of choice. Much like FCPX, while it is easy to use, this sometimes means that it is hard to get it to do really complicated stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also consider Adobe's offering of Audition if you use that suite of software frequently. For proper studio work, though, I recommend Pro Tools.

I use this mainly for recording multipack audio from Dante Virtual Soundcard when working on large shows with lots of channels of digital audio flying around everywhere.

With the right settings it managed to keep up even on a 3 hour constant recording session with 8 tracks of uncompressed audio coming in over the network. I had to use an SSD as the project folder, but it allows us to have really high quality recordings of our shows that can be mixed later.

Logic Pro X review by Pete Eugene G.
Pete Eugene G.

"Logic Pro X: Amazing program for professional musicians"

What do you like best?

The best part about Logic Pro X has to be it's affordability, complimented by it's professional qualities. It has an intuitive design, great effects and an easy to use mixer. I've used a lot of different recording programs and this program has by far the largest and best collection of effects & plug-ins. There are also lots of 3rd-party companies making plugins for the program.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much I dislike about this program. It does however have a pretty steep learning curve. If you are not familiar with basic audio editing tools, this program could be one tough nut to crack. The support line from Apple isn't very helpful either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginner I would probably try a different program before diving into Logic Pro X. Once you have a hang of some basics and you are comfortable recording audio on your computer, give this a shot.

. It's affordable and has an endless supply of tools to use. It's become my main program to record music.

Logic Pro X review by Victoria G.
Victoria G.

"Logic Audio DAW"

What do you like best?

I know Logic so well that I can get results quickly.

Great features include:

Hyperdraw for animation of volume, FX and other parameters

Great synths and samplers

Time factory

I do not have it on this computer because it is on my work computer at the studio.

What do you dislike?

Not enough progress -- I have been using this software for years and have not bought the new version because it is not much improved.

The Apple library is in .caf format so when you use a sample provide in Logic, it is not a real soundfile.

The guitar amps and performance gear sounds better in Soundstage than in Logic. It is the same electronics and computer but the added strain of recording reduces the audio quality.

It is poor for live performing because it is difficult to have multiple loops going at the same time.

Logic is the worst at machine learning to work with controllers. It always forgets after I spent considerable time programming. I have a Novation now so maybe it will work better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logic Pro is a great system if you are already using Apple Mac hardware. It DOES NOT WORK on any other system.

Apple purchased the company about 12 years ago to stop Logic making a Windows version to sell more hardware. The Windows version was discontinued.

Make sure you have a good idea of what you are purchasing -- you might just be OK with Garage Band that comes with the Apple hardware. If you don't need all the features, then why pay for them?

Apple seems to be coasting on their previous high level of software for creative purposes and not improving their product. Too much money spent on developing the iPhone and not enough on keeping core power users excited.

Logic Pro is a great tool for composition and recording. I have competed many projects with this software.

Logic Pro X review by Jake V.
Jake V.

"Super awesome tool for making dope beats!"

What do you like best?

This is truly a great product. Apple has been working on this suite for a long time and they truly have something to be proud of. There is so much functionality. The way you can integrate and add new instruments is great + the endless amount of plugins are a plus as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing so far that I really dislike is the lack of direct support from Apple. When picking up a new DAW it can be quite intimidating and it would be cool if Apple provided some guidance on the matter. It would also be cool if there was a web based interface so it wouldn't have to take up so much space on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

Making beats for website and various people has been much easier after grasping some of the functionality of this product.

Logic Pro X review by Lucas O.
Lucas O.

"Very good program for editing sounds and composing music with your Mac."

What do you like best?

If you are familiar with Garageband, this is the next level, it's a very good software that you can use in multiple ways , this software can be used by pro's and amateur , it's very understandable and there are many youtube videos or information on how to use it to best on the web.

If you are a Mac user so this is the best software you can use for editing music, there are many futures , you can put differents effects any tracks , and change almost everything you want.

What do you dislike?

Maybe there are few things that i miss from Ableton Live, like the live platform.

That's why now i am not using it so much and i am using more ableton live.

But of course it depends on why do you use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A main recomendation could be that you have to be clear on what do you want from this software , this is a software that can be your main help when come to editing music for videos, movies , or if you want to record your own songs this software will be the main help for you, but if you want to play live and DJ maybe there are others software that can be used for that purpose and will fullfill your expectations.

And of course is not very expensive.

I have been composing music for videos with this software and for fun , it's a very good tool.

Logic Pro X review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Easy to learn with extensive production capacity"

What do you like best?

Logix Pro X is incredibly easy to use. I am an amateur when it comes to recording, but I can produce incredible music, even from my home, using this software. I also really appreciate the extensive number of software instruments available on Logic Pro X. It makes it incredibly easy to work with limited equipment, or just to produce an effective demo. I can never stop learning more about this software and enjoy experimenting with new effects for each project. Apple also does an incredible job of keeping their programs up to date, so the software is always being enhanced and improved.

Another really great feature is being able to mix according to your individual taste. There are so many effects to play with, it is almost impossible to master them all in one sitting. I love how I can layer effects, and the bus's are extremely effective and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It seems to me that most of my friends and colleagues who are recording engineers will prefer ProTools over Logic Pro. While both DAWs are incredibly efficient and effective, I have gathered that many would choose ProTools for its more advanced and extensive library of effects.

As far as qualms with the program itself, I don't like that I can't "undo" a bus. For example, if I accidentally route one of my tracks through the wrong bus, I can't remove it, I can only turn it off. This, in my opinion, just makes the mixer look messy and can get confusing.

I also wish that the "help" section was a bit more extensive and helpful. I find myself consulting YouTube tutorials more often than not if I can't find something or if I am stuck on a specific task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logic Pro X is definitely worth the investment.

Studio time is incredibly expensive, and the ability to own and operate a program on my own to produce my own music has saved me an great deal of time and effort. With programs like Logic Pro X, I can make music on my own without requiring the assistance of an audio engineer.

Logic Pro X review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"Logic Pro X makes music creation easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro has an interface that is incredibly easy to navigate and learn. With music creation/recording being such a complex thing to learn, Logic Pro makes it much easier to begin and understand.

What do you dislike?

Logic Pro X is missing a few features that separates it from the industry leaders. If it had some of those features and layout options, I feel like it could make a strong push to become the industry leader.

Often times, we need to record custom versions of songs for volunteers to learn or create tracks to play with live during our events. Logic Pro X has been an indispensable factor in that process.

Logic Pro X review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, enjoyable software"

What do you like best?

It allowed me to understand how to produce basic instrumentals just with its UI. Seeing the bars, instruments, having the tempo available if need be, user-friendly effects etc...It all contributed to making that happen for me.

What do you dislike?

Maybe there could me more resources available in the app to learn how to use more advanced effects, tutorials or effect suggestions so that we can try things out that we didn't know of?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't know about music, this is an interesting piece of software to get to learn it (with or without instruments)

Learning how to produce basic instrumentals that I can use for videos

Logic Pro X review by Dieter G.
Dieter G.

"Fantastic. It's definitely one of the best audio recording software, that's out there."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, and allows for score writing, midi in/out, multiple audio lines, the plugins, it's just a great product, just allround amazing.

What do you dislike?

It can be very resource hungry. Sometimes if I'm running more than 40 channels, with plugins, midi, etc, my CPU takes a bit of strain, but I suppose that's a little expected..

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a top audio production program, and honestly, if you need persuasion, or a reason to buy this software, then, just stop, and buy it. It's absolutely awesome, and really, it's practically unlimited.

I write my own songs, and it's great for that. I use midi, as well as several audio inputs simultaneously, and it runs great. I also do several video/audio syncing, and it's great for that as well.

Logic Pro X review by User

"Amazing Software That Anyone Can Use"

What do you like best?

The updates! Apple has an amazing batch of updates and as they continue to add on the software gets better and better.

What do you dislike?

My only real dislike is the size of all of the content. You’ve really got to manage your storage but have external drives helps a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must use software and you get al of the support you needs from Apple

I moved up from GarageBand and it’s took a few weeks to really adjust, but I love it! There are so many more in-depth tools that it make mastering and recording much easier

Logic Pro X review by Noach L.
Noach L.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

Extremely powerful and intuitive. Great for professionals and beginners alike.

What do you dislike?

Only available on Mac, so some compatibility limitations there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't feel stuck with the expensive, cumbersome Pro Tools. If you have access to a Mac Logic Pro X is THE way to go.

Creating.

Logic Pro X review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Best sounding DAW "

What do you like best?

The sound quality and ease of use in the newest update to Pro X is the most fluid i have ever used. The way you can add plug ins to each individual track makes life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Flex could be easier to use. The flex sometimes does more harm than good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

best DAW on the market

The stereo buss has the best sound quality out of all the other daws. All of the built in plug ins that come stock with Logic are better than most 3rd party plug ins that require money or a subscription.

Logic Pro X review by Bora E.
Bora E.

"My experience with Logic has broadened my perspective on music technologies."

What do you like best?

I started using Logic in university. I've been working with other applications and i was quite familiar with DAWs and music systems before. When i got my first mac and started using it, i remember the first thing i realised which was that i was able to find and apply processes i needed done fast and efficient as i was never able to do before.

In a broader perspective i found out that ProTools was the industry standard for conventional production methods. Although, with the big new free-music-producers movement where people started making label-free professional standard music on their laptops, Logic was the leading DAW for me to make productions which i could actually call a complete piece of music production with proper notation, performance, recording, arrangement, mixing and master. All of these steps where easy to make as if they were all well thought out like i would expect them to be, by the programmers who designed the app. A very sophisticated understanding of the user, music making experience and the flow of inspiration.

So thank you Logic developers !

What do you dislike?

As in every software there is room for improvement. Personally i would like to see Max/MSP and similar object oriented programming environments implanted into Logic as you find in Ableton. Programming and just having the ability to design a software that does what you significantly intend to do, gives the user absolute freedom. Being able to break out from the linear flow of the conventional sequencer would create better chances of artists getting inspired.

I hear a lot of people wanting to perform with Logic as well. A brand new approach to the live perspective of Logic would be a side of Logic that has great potential of improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether if you want to switch to another DAW or you're just getting started, Logic is the right way to go as you would easily realise after reading a couple of forums. Although i would suggest first to be clear on your own goals and what you actually want to work in. There are many differences between what studio technicians, producers and musicians prefer. Find out what would be good for you and focus on it while learning all the others as well.

As a sound designer, I have a lot of experience with a lot of DAWs (cubase,protools,cakewalk etc) and i would say Logic is just the fastest and easiest program out there for editing, mixing and working on the result as you build the project. The processes that happened between the workspace and the post-mix is critical in helping you keep your pace and motivation. Logic is the better software that helps me maintain my speed.

With Logic, comparing it to any other decent DAW out there, it is easy as it gets working in post production sound design. If you have a well planned production schedule, Logic gives you the fast-lane pipeline which is the fastest way of editing and arranging.

Logic's built in effects and mixing au's also help keep the process fast and efficient since you can locate and edit them easily while not having to worry about the quality. With freeze, all the effects and mixing capabilities are, for my work, as easy as it gets.

Logic Pro X review by Laurent S.
Laurent S.

"Logic Pro X is a powerful tool"

What do you like best?

First of all, the price which is really affordable. Especially for all the features and their quality. Everything that made Logic so famous over the year remains, but it has been adapted to the new look of Logic Pro X. The new features like Drummer and Alchemy are simply amazing. They could even get addictive.

Drummer makes drums so easy. It allows you to create midi drum tracks and to customize them with an infinite variety of settings. Alchemy, which allows you to use four different synthesis engines and also to work with samples, is also a great improvement. It allows you to create sounds you couldn’t even dream of.

What do you dislike?

The settings could be quite complicated for people who are not used to this type of apps, even if there are some major improvements, compared to previous versions, but they could have gone further.

The interface is not very ergonomic to my opinion. For example, very often I have to search for a while before I find the tool selector.

I use it to create music for myself, or for video productions.

Logic Pro X review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Awesome tool to get into the world of Audio production and beyond."

What do you like best?

I love the Ease of use and powerful features. Logic has enabled me to get into audio production which can at times be quite daunting. It's easy to get started with but can also grow with you as you develop. We use it at work and I also have a copy at home which I use for everything from creating music to editing DJ mixes.

What do you dislike?

There are still some antiquated plug-ins which need there UI's updating. Also updates seem to come with a lot of bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go on a course to really get the full use out of it. The audio workflow can be a little unusual at times. You can learn a lot online too but there's nothing like having a tutor to ask questions.

Great for mixing tracks to videos, I produce a lot of motion graphics. Also it has helped me create 2 complete tracks to DJ with. I have found Logic to be a great tool to have in my arsenal and it makes me more employable to boot due to its professional grade features.

Logic Pro X review by Jie F.
Jie F.

"Every DAW in 1 DAW"

What do you like best?

Anything that I need to record and process can be handled with Logic Pro X. It can handle all of my plug-ins and runs on a laptop!

What do you dislike?

I cannot slave Logic Pro X to Final Cut X... Apple makes them both. Other soft wares...not problem. Its frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in audio and have a Mac, you are missing out on this amazing product.

Very fast Iterations

Low set up times

Quality processing plugin comes standard as well!

Logic Pro X review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Easy Audio Editing dir Multiple Applications"

What do you like best?

I create radio ads, voice overs, music, and more with Logic. Its a great prpgram with a lot included in the $200 package. Id recommend buying it if you want to learn how to use a DAW, as its affordable and leaves tins of room for growth.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be glitchy and not perform what you want. Very rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos and see if it fits your needs, it probably does.

Fast audio editing, hogher productivity, more efficient time management.

Logic Pro X review by Marc-André C.
Marc-André C.

"Affordable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to quickly record musical ideas, edit complicated sound tracks or just to use some processing on some basic recording.

What do you dislike?

I moved from Pro Tools to this software and found it's tools oddly placed at times and hard a few features counter intuitive. It felt easier to pickup from nothing, but less rich in features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go watch plenty of tutorial online otherwise you may miss plenty of features that are not so obvious to pickup by just pocking around. It is really fast to power up, easy to use and is my go to for fast audio editing. I recommend it for anyone who wants a feature rich software that won't break the bank, that isn't hard to operate and that works great in the Mac OS environment.

Logic Pro X review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Great for music production"

What do you like best?

I like that Logic Pro X comes with a ton of plugins and software instruments built in so you don't have to run out and spend a ton on those after already buying the DAW. It's also a cool feature to have virtual "drummers" where you can quickly getting a groove/loop that seems a bit more human.

What do you dislike?

Some of my older plugins fail to open or freeze Logic.

I use this mainly to help get song ideas down.

Logic Pro X review by Matt L.
Matt L.

"The Go to for audio production"

What do you like best?

The limitless options. There is literally nothing you can't do on Logic. I find it to be constantly updating too which

What do you dislike?

It is not often but Logic can on very rare occasions crash. usually it is down to RAM overload so I am nit picking here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it if you haven't tried protools and it scares you. Garageband integrations here so why not?

No problems. Project loads are heavier and Logic can successfully manage to record and produce on demand. The results are great.

Logic Pro X review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Love Logic"

What do you like best?

Logic is very musician-friendly. It's interface makes a lot of sense to musicians, where protools is more "engineer-friendly". Though ProTools is still the industry standard, I LOVE having a DAW that speaks more my language for demo recording and getting my own ideas worked out before spending money in a studio.

What do you dislike?

The only concern I have is that the stock sounds are not great, but you can purchase better samples and sounds to make up for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize plugins for higher quality sounds.

Tracking and recording audio for voiceovers, film scores, and recorded music.

Logic Pro X review by G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media
G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media

"Better Than It Was Before"

What do you like best?

Amazing ease of functionality. Improved UI. For example, everything displayed in the main page lets producers make songs from start to finish without ever having to add/remove/customize windows.

There's amazing workflow improvements from 10.0 that make the newest version (10.1) worth the download time.

Don't get me started on Drummer, which is almost the key function of Logic Pro X. Sometimes I just set Drummer to play in the background as impromptu jam bad while I jam on my guitar plugged into the input. I've lost hours doing this.

What do you dislike?

Some of the plugins haven't gotten the same amount of love from the update. Would love to see a future update addressing the nasty ui bugs from plugins left behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

Logic Pro X review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

If you feel the workflow in Pro Tools is too cumbersome, logic will lighten the load. Many of the manual commands in Pro Tools are automated, creating a faster workspace.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no serious critique. It would be nice if 3rd party plugins were displayed in the main list of plugins.

Creating quality audio content.

Logic Pro X review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"audio power at your finger tips"

What do you like best?

I love everything this software has to offer, its freedom, its ease of use and its garage band interface. it can also be taken to a truely limitless potential through the use of extra plugins.

What do you dislike?

There comes a points where there's a bit of a jump in the learning curve where my tech knowlegdge cuts off and actual audio engineering knowledge is needed to advance further and this is where the program becomes much harder to use/understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further than the apex of easy audio production an extremely rewarding investment

after advancing from garage band to logic, I suddenly realised I knew nothing about audio production when I saw the vastness of this program

Logic Pro X review by Melanie W.
Melanie W.

"Logic Pro X ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is a robust program that allows me to control multiple tracks.

What do you dislike?

I've had some problems bouncing tracks for burning to CD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's a great option, especially at the price.

I love having the ability to select and utilize only the tracks I need for any given situation.

Logic Pro X review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"A voiceover artist's best friend"

What do you like best?

Logic pro is an all around great software. While not traditionally the first choice for a voiceover actor, the EQ interface is the most intuitive of all the software I've used.

What do you dislike?

Punch and roll capability is lacking a bit. This is essential for audiobook narrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Turn on "advanced features," which can help you perform more complicated editing tasks.

This has helped workflow efficiency issues a TON.

"Logic Pro X"

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to make beats and compose with this software. I like that a lot of other beatmakers and composers consider this the professional standard to write songs. This program is everywhere. Logic does have good mixing capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I just dont use this program as much as ProTools for recording, editing or mixing. ProTools is much easier to do multi-track recording. Because all of my files are recorded in Protools, I tend to stay in ProTools because the editing and mixing is easier in ProTools. If Logic Pro X comparably matched ProTools either for Multi-track recording or editing, I might stick with using Logic more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to write songs or make beats, this is a great piece of software. If you are more in the producing side, this is a great .

As I said, this program is great for composing and stretching out arrangements and ideas.

User in Music

"Logic Pro X - From The Perspective of A Self-Taught Producer"

What do you like best?

I've always found Logic to be much easier to use than Pro Tools.

There's a wide range of MIDI instruments (I make a lot of Hip-Hop beats in my spare time) to use, which mostly sound great. The Saxophone sounds are quite weak, but I rarely use them.

The plugins are very useful, although the Compressor is almost completely useless to me. My favourite is the Reverb options, as there are quite a few different types of Reverb on offer (Plate, Hall, Room, etc.) with huge possibilities for turning the simplest sound into something quite weird. Pair that with the 'Delay Designer' and you've got a lot of opportunity to get creative!

What do you dislike?

It has an awkward layout compared to Logic Pro 9. At first, it felt a bit like it had been stripped down a lot and I was using a glittered up version of GarageBand. But, after ticking the 'Show Advanced Tools' option in the preferences, it's got the tools I need.

The only thing that really gets in my way is the lack of a 'Split By Playhead' option, which I used all the time in Logic Pro 9. Instead, I have to use the scissor tool. Not a massive problem, but it's taken a while to get used to!

The Compressor is a little 'weak', and I definitely find myself using Saffire's standard one more than the Logic one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have 'Show Advanced Tools' ticked in the Preferences!

N/A

Logic Pro X review by Maanas S.
Maanas S.

"One of the best music composition software!"

What do you like best?

THe virtual instruments, pedals, amp and cabinets and the ease of understanding and using the software as a first time user

What do you dislike?

THe windows can look a little cluttered on a laptop screen, but with enough knowledge and shortcuts that can be avoided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have this in your arsenal. Have not come across a better software for music production. Integration and handling of vsts is very easy.

producing music for bands and films.

Logic Pro X review by G2 Crowd User in Music
G2 Crowd User in Music

"Logic Pro X"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro, like all other Logics, is great for composition. The way all the features are laid out creates an absolute smooth workflow when it comes to dealing with composition, MIDI, and any sort of EDM music. Built-in plug ins are quite nice for what anyone needs.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I personally don't like such as recording. As someone who mainly uses Pro Tools to record, Logic feels a little too simple. It doesn't offer as much as it could with recording. It's very simple when it comes to recording one thing at a time.

I have realized Logic is also great for audio post. There's lots of features that make audio post work quite nice on Logic. It's compatibility and ease of use with synths are unparalleled.

Logic Pro X review by User in Internet

"Logic is the way to go for recording on a Mac"

What do you like best?

Logic Pro X is the ultimate DAW for Mac users. The learning curve isn't as tough as some of the other recording platforms that exist and much of it is extremely intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pre-loaded sounds are a bit banal, but there are thousands of great plug-ins that integrate directly into Logic to solve that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a current Mac user, Logic Pro X is definitely the way to go, as the integration process is smooth and streamlined seeing as it is an Apple product. I'd recommend Logic Pro X to first-time artists/producers/recording engineers, as it will help teach the fundamentals of recording, mixing, and mastering.

Logic Pro X is for everyone from the large recording studio to the first-time recording artist.

Logic Pro X review by Galen A.
Galen A.

"Best Product for High Level Audio Production"

What do you like best?

The Possibilities with Logic are nearly endless.

What do you dislike?

At times the software takes up too much drive space, understood for such a workhorse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your Workstation is powerful enough to handle it.

I am able to take a step further in my music production with more sound packages and manipulation tools than any other dedicated DAW.

Logic Pro X review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"Solid Software for Recording"

What do you like best?

Never had a problem with this software. I'm not a power-user, only use it for recording from a live-sound setting, but I've always been impressed by the ease-of-use and the number of features it contains. I can easily EQ the file, export in various formats, and edit.

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit steep for the average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of features, but it's not as easy to use as Garage Band. Be prepared to spend some time getting used to the UI.

Recording is easy and it instantly recognizes most microphones and audio-in devices.

Logic Pro X review by Stephen Y.
Stephen Y.

"Great software for creatives"

What do you like best?

This software flows much like protools, making it very easy to pickup. It also has a great library of instruments if you're looking to do some basic music programming.

What do you dislike?

The styling of the interface feels a little bit dated. Also, the compression plugins are a little bit strange to use.

This is a budget friendly yet powerful audio editing system.

Logic Pro X review by James K.
James K.

"My logic xp"

What do you like best?

I love how they changed the layout. On the other hand, its too much like garageband. I wish they improved on the audio editting. Its very user friendly when it comes to midi production. Wouldnt recommend if your heavy into audio editting/production.

What do you dislike?

the audio editting hasnt improved at all since the previous logic versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

For audio production its the way to go. Audio editting on the other hand could use help.

Production and recording

Logic Pro X review by Lewis W.
Lewis W.

"Perfect alternative for recording audio"

What do you like best?

I love how I can manipulate clean recorded audio with effects even after they have been recorded.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit too simplified when trying to work on the more complicated connections in the mixer tracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Mac user, then Logic Pro is the most affordable audio workstation that is worthwhile. It serves all my needs when recording audio.

Logic Pro is great for recording audio. I use it while recording guitar. It's simple. Set-up your track, plug-in, play, and there it is.

Apply audio effects to pre-recorded audio is the best part.

Logic Pro X review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Logic Pro X, I Love You"

What do you like best?

Logic is a very intuitive and fairly easy to use program. I started using Logic about 7 years ago, and I'm still uncovering secrets and techniques that upgrade my workflow. It has a huge library of instruments and FX, and plugins galore. I dig.

What do you dislike?

I do kind of dislike that I am still discovering things that should have been more apparent from the jump. Also, I've been having big trouble with Logic communicating between my two desktop setups. It will often lose track of audio files, forcing me to sift through project folders to relink multiple tracks, which can be mega frustrating.

Logic has definitely helped me sharpen my game, and increase my efficiency. I use it on a hobbyist level, but time is money, and it definitely saves me time.

Logic Pro X review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"A step forward in your digital workstation. "

What do you like best?

The workflow is very streamline. The interface is laid out very Intuitively and functions are easily accessible. The new synths sound great and overall Logic Pro X is great upgrade to an already pleasing DAW.

What do you dislike?

There can still be glitches with the software and third party software instruments that can slow down workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logic Pro is a great DAW for beginners and advanced composers and music producers.

Logic Pro X has made my workflow of composition, editing, mixing and mastering more streamlined and has made my experience with DAW's more enjoyable.

Logic Pro X review by User in Higher Education

"Logic Pro X is a no brainer for aspiring musicians. "

What do you like best?

I love the amount of virtual sounds and the flex pitch tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cumbersome audio editing features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your first venture into a DAW pick Logic.

I am able to use Logic Pro X to import sessions from others for collaboration.

Logic Pro X review by Raymond T.
Raymond T.

"Alternative to physical instruments"

What do you like best?

-No copy protections as compared to competitors

-Can use Drummer plug-in for DJ as well as session drummer

-Amazing iPad integration

What do you dislike?

Many of the existing instruments/effects plug-ins needs a major UI change. It needs to be more user friendly. Also, it is only available on Mac platforms.

Not really solving any business problems but allowing one to work on his/her own music the way they want it to be heard.

Logic Pro X review by Nicola B.
Nicola B.

"Logic Pro X - One of the best audio recording and production software"

What do you like best?

Logic is one of the best software for audio recording and production, i really like its midi handling and processing, and its sound.

What do you dislike?

I think is really bad that it can't be used as rewire slave with Ableton Live

I use Logic for music production and mixing

Logic Pro X review by User

"Best option for Midi composing"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use Midi composing, audio edition, audio mixing, audio recording, virtual instruments.

What do you dislike?

The interface is too busy and not so intuitive as other audio mixers.

Radio ads, TV ads, radio music composing, music recording, music mixing.

Logic Pro X review by Junayd K.
Junayd K.

"Best sounds built in"

What do you like best?

The sounds and design, fantastic options with great usability built into this Apple exclusive software. Building a track on here is epic.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't much to say about this, although it's not on Windows!

Music production and sales.

Logic Pro X review by Mauricio G.
Mauricio G.

"Great for Animation/Scores"

What do you like best?

The Arpeggietor, Excellent tool to score on time every single instrument.

What do you dislike?

Openening an old file, and the pop-up for "not found files", i wish there was a button to not show again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many default instruments, libraries, and jam packs, to complete musical production set. although there are lots more from third parties.

Animation/ Film Score.

Music Production,

"Longtime Logic User"

What do you like best?

I've been with Logic since Version 5 (last PC version) and the workflow is simple and elegant.

What do you dislike?

Logic has a small and shrinking number of known quirks, however, none that affect my work.

I write music. Logic is my DAW.

Logic Pro X review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Logic X As Good As Advertised"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Everything you need comes with it.

What do you dislike?

Drummer program is a little bit cheesy and the sounds aren't the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with Garage Band and then transition.

Able to complete a mix from start to finish.

User in Music

"Good for music production"

What do you like best?

Beginner user friendly and great for midi/music production. Great stock plug ins.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the quick keys and navigation.

Used for school.

Learning about Logic Pro X?

* We monitor all Logic Pro X reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.