LogMeIn Central

Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Work for LogMeIn Central?

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

LogMeIn Central Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 101 LogMeIn Central reviews
LogMeIn Central review by <span>Robbie M.</span>
Robbie M.

"Remote support anywhere"

What do you like best?

I like that logmein works on virtually any system and the the client app works on everything. We use this in the field with our android devices so that we can monitor our equipment when doing service with out having to run back and forth to the computer.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I don't like about LogMeIn. Probably the only complaint I have is that some of our customers are starting to not allow logmein due to security concerns with PCI compliance. I believe that LogMeIn is more than secure, but unfortuanately they do not have the certifications that our clients are starting to require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logmein has many great features for remote support, it also has products like logmein rescue that can be emailed to a person and quickly allow them to give you remote control of their computer. LogMeIn rescue also lets you remote control smart phones LogMeIn has other great products as well such as Last Pass ( i use this daily ) and Hamachi ( a good quick vpn tool)

LogMeIn has enabled our company to be able to support multiple sites at one time versus needing to go to the site every time a customer had a problem. LogMeIn also supports multi level security and works directly with Last Pass for authentication. One of our biggest Clients uses logmein and has granteded us access to their account, everytime we need to connect it sends an email with a unique security code to prevent unauthorized use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LogMeIn Central
LogMeIn Central review by <span>Joe J.</span>
Joe J.

"Reliable and versatile but it'll cost ya"

What do you like best?

I like that it just works. I don't typically have issues with the client itself, installation of the client or mass deployments. Performance of the software is very reliable. I can only think of 1-2 issues in the past 8-10 years and those issues were solved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, the price. This market segment has become disillusioned to what the value of remote access is. Every year when you negotiate your rate, it's a hard sell when you have hundreds of machines. Demanding tens of thousands of dollars for the product is pretty rough.

The only other thing I would say that is a negative for the product is that we can't have more than one tech in a machine at a time. This is a definite drawback to technical departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. If you need a remote access software only, then this is an expensive application. There are alternatives like Splashtop or Teamviewer that may be a better fit for you. Don't let them use "all of the features" to sell you on their much inflated price. The extra features are really lacking in maturity and won't be all that useful to you. There are better products out there to handle all the extras on the higher tiers of their service.

Remote access. We have tried a few different pieces of software for remote access and those packages leave a lot to be desired. Quick access to machines is a definite benefit to us.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Amanda D.</span>
Amanda D.

"Easy product to use..."

What do you like best?

This is a great concept to assist team members in getting access to different applications. Fantastic way to keep remote employees organized and get what they need.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have many dislikes. It's very easy to use from my perspective. I'm not our IT staff so I'm not involved. I'd say as a user I'd love have know a little more about the tool. In the email from my IT staff it would have been nice to get a little info about Log Me In, instead of just giving me a very minimalist approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm removed from the internal IT process. But as a team member it's really easy to use when I get notifications from our internal staff about new resources I have to use.

An easy way for IT staff to access my computer to add solutions for me.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Emilie B.</span>
Emilie B.

"LogMeIn is ideal solution for working remotely"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use when I am out of the office and need access to my desktop. It has saved my work life many a times when I need a document for my boss or information for my client while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

They recently added a program to download to be able to access your computer as opposed to viewing it through your internet browser. The only problem with this can be downloaded something when there are restrictions on your computer that won't allow you to take this action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this business solution for IT support as well as personal use.

Our IT provider uses LogMeIn to solve our various computer problems remotely. This saves us the fee of having them come to our office to perform a simple task they can handle by just remoting into our computers. It also allows us to work outside of the office and handle work even when we are visiting clients, traveling for a conference, or just home with sick kids.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Anuradha W.</span>
Anuradha W.

"I liked it better when their services were free and robust"

What do you like best?

They acquired my favourite VPN software, Hamachi. Hamachi is probably one of the best tools that serve my purpose of getting a static IP address for the machines in my VPN. I also really liked their LogMeIn remote desktop connection software. It had some really cool features which other products like TeamViewer didn't. It was stable and was able to wake up remote machines from sleep and log you in without typing in the password.

What do you dislike?

Hamachi software after the acquisition has become very unstable and some connections are very poor among the VPN. There are a lot of tunnelling issues and sometimes I have to always reinstall the Hamachi application to get it to work. Likewise, LogMeIn RDC software was free for a long time and they suddenly started charging users, which made me opt for other free options like TeamViewer (For Personal Use).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend their Remote Desktop software even though it was a bit pricey for us. It was so much better than other competitors in the market. Their features were unique and they were one of the first to provide remote desktop control via an Android Phone. I would also recommend LogMeIn Hamachi as a reliable VPN which needs some setting up to do with proper documentation.

I mainly use the LogMeIn Hamachi VPN software to get a static IP address for the clients in my VPN. This is really handy for a distributed system which needs machines to communicate via the internet. If it wasn't for LogMeIn Hamachi, I would have to pay a lot more for my ISP to get static IPs for the clients.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Hieu P.</span>
Hieu P.

"Endpoint management done right"

What do you like best?

You can somewhat use LogMeIn central as a way to track your computer assets. You're able to put notes and run updates remotely. You also can get alerts for very details things.

What do you dislike?

Mac support isn't all there. I'd like LogMeIn to support AD login with the Macs also. Another thing is that there is no option to remove the LogMeIn client when installing it on your endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LogMeIn can be beneficial if you are a small MSP. There are many great products out there but LogMeIn is probably one of the easiest to get started with in terms of setting up clients and endpoint installation.

LogMeIn can reduce overhead for scheduling remote sessions and also updates. It reduces the time need to maintain your computers also.

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

* We monitor all LogMeIn Central reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.