LogMeIn Central

Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Work for LogMeIn Central?
Vipreforbuss endmang  2x

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

LogMeIn Central Reviews

Showing 95 LogMeIn Central reviews
LogMeIn Central review by <span>Joe J.</span>
Joe J.

Reliable and versatile but it'll cost ya

What do you like best?

I like that it just works. I don't typically have issues with the client itself, installation of the client or mass deployments. Performance of the software is very reliable. I can only think of 1-2 issues in the past 8-10 years and those issues were solved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, the price. This market segment has become disillusioned to what the value of remote access is. Every year when you negotiate your rate, it's a hard sell when you have hundreds of machines. Demanding tens of thousands of dollars for the product is pretty rough.

The only other thing I would say that is a negative for the product is that we can't have more than one tech in a machine at a time. This is a definite drawback to technical departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. If you need a remote access software only, then this is an expensive application. There are alternatives like Splashtop or Teamviewer that may be a better fit for you. Don't let them use "all of the features" to sell you on their much inflated price. The extra features are really lacking in maturity and won't be all that useful to you. There are better products out there to handle all the extras on the higher tiers of their service.

Remote access. We have tried a few different pieces of software for remote access and those packages leave a lot to be desired. Quick access to machines is a definite benefit to us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LogMeIn Central
LogMeIn Central review by <span>Amanda D.</span>
Amanda D.

Easy product to use...

What do you like best?

This is a great concept to assist team members in getting access to different applications. Fantastic way to keep remote employees organized and get what they need.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have many dislikes. It's very easy to use from my perspective. I'm not our IT staff so I'm not involved. I'd say as a user I'd love have know a little more about the tool. In the email from my IT staff it would have been nice to get a little info about Log Me In, instead of just giving me a very minimalist approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm removed from the internal IT process. But as a team member it's really easy to use when I get notifications from our internal staff about new resources I have to use.

An easy way for IT staff to access my computer to add solutions for me.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Emilie B.</span>
Emilie B.

LogMeIn is ideal solution for working remotely

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use when I am out of the office and need access to my desktop. It has saved my work life many a times when I need a document for my boss or information for my client while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

They recently added a program to download to be able to access your computer as opposed to viewing it through your internet browser. The only problem with this can be downloaded something when there are restrictions on your computer that won't allow you to take this action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this business solution for IT support as well as personal use.

Our IT provider uses LogMeIn to solve our various computer problems remotely. This saves us the fee of having them come to our office to perform a simple task they can handle by just remoting into our computers. It also allows us to work outside of the office and handle work even when we are visiting clients, traveling for a conference, or just home with sick kids.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Anuradha W.</span>
Anuradha W.

I liked it better when their services were free and robust

What do you like best?

They acquired my favourite VPN software, Hamachi. Hamachi is probably one of the best tools that serve my purpose of getting a static IP address for the machines in my VPN. I also really liked their LogMeIn remote desktop connection software. It had some really cool features which other products like TeamViewer didn't. It was stable and was able to wake up remote machines from sleep and log you in without typing in the password.

What do you dislike?

Hamachi software after the acquisition has become very unstable and some connections are very poor among the VPN. There are a lot of tunnelling issues and sometimes I have to always reinstall the Hamachi application to get it to work. Likewise, LogMeIn RDC software was free for a long time and they suddenly started charging users, which made me opt for other free options like TeamViewer (For Personal Use).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend their Remote Desktop software even though it was a bit pricey for us. It was so much better than other competitors in the market. Their features were unique and they were one of the first to provide remote desktop control via an Android Phone. I would also recommend LogMeIn Hamachi as a reliable VPN which needs some setting up to do with proper documentation.

I mainly use the LogMeIn Hamachi VPN software to get a static IP address for the clients in my VPN. This is really handy for a distributed system which needs machines to communicate via the internet. If it wasn't for LogMeIn Hamachi, I would have to pay a lot more for my ISP to get static IPs for the clients.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Hieu P.</span>
Hieu P.

Endpoint management done right

What do you like best?

You can somewhat use LogMeIn central as a way to track your computer assets. You're able to put notes and run updates remotely. You also can get alerts for very details things.

What do you dislike?

Mac support isn't all there. I'd like LogMeIn to support AD login with the Macs also. Another thing is that there is no option to remove the LogMeIn client when installing it on your endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LogMeIn can be beneficial if you are a small MSP. There are many great products out there but LogMeIn is probably one of the easiest to get started with in terms of setting up clients and endpoint installation.

LogMeIn can reduce overhead for scheduling remote sessions and also updates. It reduces the time need to maintain your computers also.

LogMeIn Central review by <span>Cedric B.</span>
Cedric B.

Great on paper, not so much for Mac users

What do you like best?

Central administration page

Customizable installers

Mac platform compatible

Organization by groups/users/devices

Reporting for Windows

Integration with some PSAs

What do you dislike?

Support is far from great, especially for Mac users like us. We've reported a bug more than a year ago and it's still an ongoing issue during most remote sessions. macOS compatibility with features, and Mac specific support is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think LogMeIn isn't keeping up with the other players in this field and their pricing is too high for the quality of the product. Maybe they are too busy acquiring GoToMeeting and don't spend much resources to keep what used to be the reference tool for RMA.

Remote access to our customer's machines that we manage as MSP

Remote printing is some cases

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

* We monitor all LogMeIn Central reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.