LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central

Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Work for LogMeIn Central?

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

LogMeIn Central Reviews

Ask LogMeIn Central a Question
LogMeIn Central review by Conor L.
Conor L.

"One of the Better Remote Connection Support Tools"

What do you like best?

The stability of the application. LogMeIn adapts quite well to the perpetually changing environment of our user base. Change a computer name? No problem - LogMeIn will update its list accordingly. Assign the pc to a different user? Again no worries - LogMeIn makes it very easy to rename and track owners and their devices. Furthermore, if you have one of the more advanced subscriptions then you can deploy software packages and security updates via scheduled automated deployment tools.

What do you dislike?

Initial deployment is clunky and tedious on the lower end subscriptions (copy and paste a download link). However, the more advanced subscriptions offer more initial deployment options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a remote support solution - then you can't go wrong with LogmeIn. Even with its few shortcomings - there are very few contemporaries that offer the same functionality.

As an occasional IT desktop admin - LogMeIn is an invaluable tool which allows me to support far more users than I could ever do without. With the built in tools including a mobile app - I can support the user base from everywhere and anywhere.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LogMeIn Central
Showing 106 LogMeIn Central reviews
LogMeIn Central review by Robbie M.
Robbie M.

"Remote support anywhere"

What do you like best?

I like that logmein works on virtually any system and the the client app works on everything. We use this in the field with our android devices so that we can monitor our equipment when doing service with out having to run back and forth to the computer.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I don't like about LogMeIn. Probably the only complaint I have is that some of our customers are starting to not allow logmein due to security concerns with PCI compliance. I believe that LogMeIn is more than secure, but unfortuanately they do not have the certifications that our clients are starting to require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logmein has many great features for remote support, it also has products like logmein rescue that can be emailed to a person and quickly allow them to give you remote control of their computer. LogMeIn rescue also lets you remote control smart phones LogMeIn has other great products as well such as Last Pass ( i use this daily ) and Hamachi ( a good quick vpn tool)

LogMeIn has enabled our company to be able to support multiple sites at one time versus needing to go to the site every time a customer had a problem. LogMeIn also supports multi level security and works directly with Last Pass for authentication. One of our biggest Clients uses logmein and has granteded us access to their account, everytime we need to connect it sends an email with a unique security code to prevent unauthorized use.

LogMeIn Central review by Joe J.
Joe J.

"Reliable and versatile but it'll cost ya"

What do you like best?

I like that it just works. I don't typically have issues with the client itself, installation of the client or mass deployments. Performance of the software is very reliable. I can only think of 1-2 issues in the past 8-10 years and those issues were solved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, the price. This market segment has become disillusioned to what the value of remote access is. Every year when you negotiate your rate, it's a hard sell when you have hundreds of machines. Demanding tens of thousands of dollars for the product is pretty rough.

The only other thing I would say that is a negative for the product is that we can't have more than one tech in a machine at a time. This is a definite drawback to technical departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. If you need a remote access software only, then this is an expensive application. There are alternatives like Splashtop or Teamviewer that may be a better fit for you. Don't let them use "all of the features" to sell you on their much inflated price. The extra features are really lacking in maturity and won't be all that useful to you. There are better products out there to handle all the extras on the higher tiers of their service.

Remote access. We have tried a few different pieces of software for remote access and those packages leave a lot to be desired. Quick access to machines is a definite benefit to us.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

LogMeIn Central review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Easy product to use..."

What do you like best?

This is a great concept to assist team members in getting access to different applications. Fantastic way to keep remote employees organized and get what they need.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have many dislikes. It's very easy to use from my perspective. I'm not our IT staff so I'm not involved. I'd say as a user I'd love have know a little more about the tool. In the email from my IT staff it would have been nice to get a little info about Log Me In, instead of just giving me a very minimalist approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm removed from the internal IT process. But as a team member it's really easy to use when I get notifications from our internal staff about new resources I have to use.

An easy way for IT staff to access my computer to add solutions for me.

LogMeIn Central review by Emilie B.
Emilie B.

"LogMeIn is ideal solution for working remotely"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use when I am out of the office and need access to my desktop. It has saved my work life many a times when I need a document for my boss or information for my client while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

They recently added a program to download to be able to access your computer as opposed to viewing it through your internet browser. The only problem with this can be downloaded something when there are restrictions on your computer that won't allow you to take this action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this business solution for IT support as well as personal use.

Our IT provider uses LogMeIn to solve our various computer problems remotely. This saves us the fee of having them come to our office to perform a simple task they can handle by just remoting into our computers. It also allows us to work outside of the office and handle work even when we are visiting clients, traveling for a conference, or just home with sick kids.

LogMeIn Central review by Anuradha W.
Anuradha W.

"I liked it better when their services were free and robust"

What do you like best?

They acquired my favourite VPN software, Hamachi. Hamachi is probably one of the best tools that serve my purpose of getting a static IP address for the machines in my VPN. I also really liked their LogMeIn remote desktop connection software. It had some really cool features which other products like TeamViewer didn't. It was stable and was able to wake up remote machines from sleep and log you in without typing in the password.

What do you dislike?

Hamachi software after the acquisition has become very unstable and some connections are very poor among the VPN. There are a lot of tunnelling issues and sometimes I have to always reinstall the Hamachi application to get it to work. Likewise, LogMeIn RDC software was free for a long time and they suddenly started charging users, which made me opt for other free options like TeamViewer (For Personal Use).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend their Remote Desktop software even though it was a bit pricey for us. It was so much better than other competitors in the market. Their features were unique and they were one of the first to provide remote desktop control via an Android Phone. I would also recommend LogMeIn Hamachi as a reliable VPN which needs some setting up to do with proper documentation.

I mainly use the LogMeIn Hamachi VPN software to get a static IP address for the clients in my VPN. This is really handy for a distributed system which needs machines to communicate via the internet. If it wasn't for LogMeIn Hamachi, I would have to pay a lot more for my ISP to get static IPs for the clients.

LogMeIn Central review by Hieu P.
Hieu P.

"Endpoint management done right"

What do you like best?

You can somewhat use LogMeIn central as a way to track your computer assets. You're able to put notes and run updates remotely. You also can get alerts for very details things.

What do you dislike?

Mac support isn't all there. I'd like LogMeIn to support AD login with the Macs also. Another thing is that there is no option to remove the LogMeIn client when installing it on your endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LogMeIn can be beneficial if you are a small MSP. There are many great products out there but LogMeIn is probably one of the easiest to get started with in terms of setting up clients and endpoint installation.

LogMeIn can reduce overhead for scheduling remote sessions and also updates. It reduces the time need to maintain your computers also.

LogMeIn Central review by Cedric B.
Cedric B.

"Great on paper, not so much for Mac users"

What do you like best?

Central administration page

Customizable installers

Mac platform compatible

Organization by groups/users/devices

Reporting for Windows

Integration with some PSAs

What do you dislike?

Support is far from great, especially for Mac users like us. We've reported a bug more than a year ago and it's still an ongoing issue during most remote sessions. macOS compatibility with features, and Mac specific support is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think LogMeIn isn't keeping up with the other players in this field and their pricing is too high for the quality of the product. Maybe they are too busy acquiring GoToMeeting and don't spend much resources to keep what used to be the reference tool for RMA.

Remote access to our customer's machines that we manage as MSP

Remote printing is some cases

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"LogMeIn Central is a powerful, yet expensive tool for Managed Service Providers"

What do you like best?

Being able to control our 1300+ PCs in a quick and easy manner is the greatest asset to LogMeIn. Not only can you control them, but you can get in the backdoor and launch a registry editor, a command prompt, kill/start services, task manager, performance monitor, event viewer and more without even controlling the PC - meaning that the user is not disrupted. You can also schedule reboots, change user passwords, and all kinds of other stuff.

What do you dislike?

They raise the prices by a LOT every year. It used to be $5000 a year, and they jacked it up to $10,000 a couple years ago. The next year they raised it to $15,000. I'm sure they will continue to raise prices. We'll be priced out of this if it gets any more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can lock down pricing for longer than a year, I would do so. Don't expect your introductory pricing to hold. If you can afford it, LogMeIn is a terrific tool. But if you are using another RMM tool like Autotask Endpoint, N-Able, Kaseya, etc., then you may not need this additional software.

Clients who are not on any kind of contract can still be added to the LogMeIn Central portal. Also, we're able to resell access to LogMeIn which helps offset costs. We have unattended access to computers so we can schedule work to be done when our clients are closed.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Good tool for remote support, but has a lot of competition"

What do you like best?

It is great having an overview of the general security and AV health of my deployed devices. The latency when connecting to end-users seems fine even in lower bandwidth scenarios.

What do you dislike?

We are a small business, so I don't believe we have aged well as a buyer of this software. It is not always the fastest solution to implement and there are other competitors that are easier for users to set up when they need help. For example, adding desktop sharing to a Skype call is often a quicker approach to helping an end-user. Even using Logmein Rescue instead of Central is a bit easier. Eventually we will probably move to an endpoint-security software that can take over the centralized overview of our devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion it is better to have a centrally monitored AV software to limit the number of background programs on the device. Use an as-needed service like Logmein Rescue or Share Desktop on a chat program for remote support.

It is very useful for managing non-user devices, for example I use it to manage devices set up around the office that are displaying dashboard reports on monitors. I'm actually remotely troubleshooting notebooks less and less as our end-users start moving towards working more on phones and tablets.

LogMeIn Central review by Jose O.
Jose O.

"Soporte Remoto efectivo"

What do you like best?

Logmein is one of the most effective and fastest remote access softwares in the market. For some time now, web support has been implemented where you can observe the inventory of the equipment configured in the logmein user.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Logmein is the high price which is made uphill both in the company and in private users. if they improved the price many users would implement said software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logmein is a very good and efficient software, I recommend it since it is expensive for many users, it is used in large companies that can pay the high cost of the product.

In previous years I resolved many problems with clients, I used free versions, the benefits were satisfied clients and recommendations to attract new clients.

LogMeIn Central review by Valerie C.
Valerie C.

"Does what it needs to...slowly."

What do you like best?

UI is pleasant, and fairly user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is slow as heck. I understand that remoting into another machine isn't a cakewalk, but the lag can make it seriously difficult to use unless I toss the graphics down to 90's level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to evaluate carefully to be sure it does what you need, performs to your standards, and can be set up as you need it easily. Their support has not been the best when we've needed to make changes or have had questions about functionality, and I've done a better job with self-service via general troubleshooting or google than they have for the most part.

We sell a combination hardware/software solution and LogMeIn lets us manage the machines we've sold remotely. It's certainly made it so that we're able to keep our systems running well for the most part.

LogMeIn Central review by Tran P.
Tran P.

"I have been using this Logmein Hamachi to manage my remote support clients"

What do you like best?

- Logmein Central and Logmein Hamachi: the ability to create networks with up to 5 hosts, and unlimited number of networks with just free account

- Logmein Hamachi: lightweight yet effective VPN solution that help user to be annoyed-free of reconnect whenever the network connection is dropped

- Helpful for remote support technicians to monitor the availability of remote machines

What do you dislike?

- In a dynamic IP environment, especially if it is virtualized, Logmein Hamachi usually works unstably if the IP address keeps changing frequently. It apparently does not recalculate the route to the Internet via its gateway, and because it overides the defaut gateway address, this consequently makes the host's Internet connection looks totally down. This this situation, a manual restart of Hamachi service is usually required

- In some customized Linux kernels, Hamachi does not work without a clear debug or troubleshooting log informtion

Recommendations to others considering the product

- If you need a easy to deploy, zero dollar VPN solution, Logme Central and Logmein Hamachi is not a bad choice

- It requires a little bit of intelligent organization get the optimal manageability

- Be cautious of the security and privacy, as you delegate it to a 3rd party

- The Linux system admin guys should verify to make sure that the current kernel is working well with Hamachi

- Problem: The demand of an easy-to-deploy, cost effective VPN solution.

- Logmein benefit: almost unlimited managibility by creating multiple networks with just free subscriptions

LogMeIn Central review by John C.
John C.

"For over a decade I have had LogMein as a standby to get back to my home PC"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use MFA security features. Everything just works (network permitting).

What do you dislike?

When using SMS to receive MFA codes sometimes I would receive the SMS after the timeout (to be fair this was when I was out of my home country). As a result I use their one-time codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great but you cannot rely on it - probably due to network or host reliability - when connecting to a home PC on a consumer network. So keep anything important on a cloud which you can access.

I've been using it in case I have to get back to files on my home PC when at work - this is now less of an issue now that cloud storage is becoming mainstream (meaning I can get files from anywhere and from most devices).

However it is also good in case I need to remotely take over my home PC - which has sometimes been required, in particular to run specific apps (I once ran Visio, which was on my UK PC whilst in Finland. Also, I've used it to do out of band testing of certain apps (to ensure they work anywhere on the internet, not just within a company's firewall).

LogMeIn Central review by Brad E.
Brad E.

"Still good, but not as good as it used to be and there are better, cheaper alternatives."

What do you like best?

I first started using Logmein in 2010.It lets you control another computer remotely. Once you are, connected are a variety of useful tools. For example, you can copy something on your main computer and then paste it on the remote computer, which is very handy. On the main computer, you can change the quality of the remote computer’s display. This is good if you are working on a slow connection, as having a lower quality display will make it work faster.

Setting up Logmein in very straightforward. It just takes a few clicks. Logging to other computer is also a straight forward process as well.

What do you dislike?

Logmein isn’t as good as it used to be. The speed is decent and probably good enough for everyday use, but it doesn’t feel as snappy as it once did. I also find it drops connections more than it used to, although it is still fairly stable.

The support is very poor. If you email them, they often take a long time to get back in touch. Lots of users report problems on their forums, but they never seem to have any fixes.

The biggest problem is the price. Logmein used to be free but in 2014 they started charging. This was bad of them, especially as they previously promised the Logmein would be free for life. They shouldn’t have made such a promise.

Overall it’s not bad, but Teamviewer does everything Logmein does and they still offer a free version for personal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I would suggest that you try Teamviewer first. It has a free option for personal use. The commercial version is reasonably priced. It also has the following advantages. Firstly, it has better encryption and security. Secondly, it seems more stable. Finally, if you plan to use it for multiple years, then the life time price works out better than Logmein (and you don’t have to worry about price increases).

I used it to log on to machines that are offsite. This is invaluable for administering machines that are at another location.

LogMeIn Central review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Industry standard software lives up to its name"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and easy to use software. Easy installation and customizable packages. Resilient software that is feature rich. Features such as forcing a restart or shut down, as well as the force reboot into safe mode, have saved remote troubleshooting many times over. The ability to get into safe mode with networking while working in an entirely different office is key. Also, the smartphone app works great, I have connected to servers/computers to do a simple task from my smartphone hundreds of times.

What do you dislike?

Occasional quirks, especially in LogMeIn Client on computer. Sometimes the software will bug out and require being completely closed in order to initiate a remote connection. Once in a long while, issues with installation will occur, but this is few and far between. End users sometimes have trouble with the chat tool. It is pretty self explanatory, but end users do not always see the bottom field to input their text and get confused. A simple update to the color scheme to better amplify the text field at the bottom would most likely solve the issue for good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, it's simple and great and very scalable. Implementing the software and installing via package is very easy. Once installed, management through web portal is simple and effective.

Great software to install on servers and computers and remotely manage. Instant remote access with great quality and feature rich while not in front of computer(s).

LogMeIn Central review by Grant C.
Grant C.

"LogMeIn - One tool, many uses"

What do you like best?

I like the broadness of the system. We are able to remote login while also pushing automated tasks and self healing.

What do you dislike?

At times, the system is not compatible with the browser. It is also slow at times but not a barrier to completing work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would identify what you need to do first and then make the decision. I have a lot of remote workers that travel in the field. This was the best solution that was easy to implement and fairly cost effective.

We are able to update remote computers and laptops that are not on our network. We are also able to update software applications and push new software to their devices. We can also see what is on the computer and manage any performance issues.

LogMeIn Central review by Laurie D.
Laurie D.

"Helps better than anything else I've seen"

What do you like best?

We have the Premier Central package. I like the fact that it just works. You don't have to be tech savvy on either end. Installation is easy. Management is easy. The Ad hoc install has been a life saver more than once.

What do you dislike?

We haven't used the One 2 Many product as much as we thought we would, but the rest of the options on that level have made it worth the money for us. You need to know how to script really to use this option, which negates the "just works" thing that I like most. If they had some scripts pre-written, I'd probably give this a 10. It can also be a little slow, but not terribly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We started out with Basic Central, which has the two features we use the most: Ad Hoc for our salesman's computers and Remote Desktop for our corporate computers. This helped us more than anything. For us, the only benefit to upgrading was to go all the way to Premier. We just don't have a lot of file sharing we need to do. The anti-virus and the Updates though have made it worth the extra money for the Premier.

We are spread out across multiple locations with a small IT staff. We can run this at multiple locations at the same time, without leaving the corporate location. The only limitation has been how many screens/computers we have. We would need at least one extra person to go onsite without the program.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"LogMeIn: Beneficial program with some annoying quirks"

What do you like best?

Easy to connect to. Easy to pin to desktop and open.

What do you dislike?

It has been hard to recognize who is logged in on a remote system. Perhaps due to our setup, we've had a remote employee logged in that has prevented another employee to login. We had to search through task manager to find this out and further through the program to find out who the other employee was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on user ease; make sure that two remote access persons can be logged in at once. If this is not possible, make the fact that someone else is logged in more apparent.

In biotech, the scientists have been able to login to client experiments in order to amend any mistakes or comment on why something is happening or how to set something up.

LogMeIn Central review by Doug E.
Doug E.

"Logmein essential for my business"

What do you like best?

LogMeIn has all the features that I need in order to support my clients PCs, laptops, servers and Macs. I mainly use the remote desktop feature, but also use the file manager and have been saved a few times by using the remote boot options.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the price increase after using LogMeIn Central for many years with unlimited systems. The pricing forced me to have to limit how many clients I could support. I have to keep a couple of client installs free for emergencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is solid with lots of features, but the cost jumps up quickly after 100 clients. I have tried other products and solutions and I cannot find a better product.

LogMeIn has saved me much time and effort as I am able to not only perform necessary maintenance, but also to involve the end user to better explain an issue by showing me as we share the desktop screen. This gives me time spent with the end users, which is always a good opportunity to get to know people. Also, by enabling me to do most work remotely with a reliable product, I am better able to provide cost effective solutions.

LogMeIn Central review by Gary K.
Gary K.

"LogMeIn is a powerful tool for remote desktop management"

What do you like best?

One of the nicest things about LogMeIn is that is also has the ability to manage Windows Updates which saves us tons of time from having to go from PC to PC to do it manually. This is a great feature in addition to the ability to remote in to our workstations for desktop support.

What do you dislike?

While it's great that LogMeIn is able to push out Windows Updates it would be nice if the process was a little cleaner and easier to set up. It took us quite a bit of effort to get the update roll out working effectively for our different library branches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend LogMeIn to other libraries and schools as an affordable remote management option that is budget friendly and will save time and money for your organization. The web interface is easy to use and the ability to manage Windows updates is a huge plus.

The main benefit we have realized from LogMeIn is the savings in cost in terms of site to site travel between our library branches in our county library system. The cost savings in mileage alone are a benefit to us. The amount of time saved by not having to travel to branches throughout the county has all been a huge benefit to us.

LogMeIn Central review by Ron V.
Ron V.

"No nonsense Remote Desktop for multiple users "

What do you like best?

Central user management

Printer mapping

Remote management

Two step authentication

What do you dislike?

Increasing costs and packages available to fit my size of company are limited. Support leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage remote access with a variety of applications with no complex VPN or Terminal Servers then logmein is great for direct remote access to your desktops or servers.

Remote Access with dual monitor , printing, and file transfer features.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"convenient way to access other computers from a remote location"

What do you like best?

i love that the end users can just go to a web page and get a code generated on the tech side to give full access to their desktops. i love the chat option to not have to be on the phone with the user.

What do you dislike?

it does glitch at times causing the tech not to be able to click on things and so the end user will have to "drive" but it doesnt continue the entire session usually.

when there are numerous locations and users its a lot faster to be able to remote in and help them with their problems. 9/10 times it is something that you can fix using the logmein tool

LogMeIn Central review by Rasha A.
Rasha A.

"Very good tool"

What do you like best?

A must have app for me who always or sometimes work from home and always needs to access my VM to continue working, also it always save me to work on our client's critical issues after working hours from any place even using my cell phone plus it adds a fantastic privacy feature to hide my screen while working from home or restaurants, it allows me to access my home's PC from work and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes take long time to login and sometimes became very slow which affects my performance from outside the work Env.

Handle urgent client's issues from home or from restaurants after working hours

LogMeIn Central review by Hillary P.
Hillary P.

"Very Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to connect to several different clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being kicked out of the session after a certain amount of inactivity. I would like the ability to choose whether or not to end the session manually instead.

We have a satellite location that needs access to our home store computers. LogMeIn has given us the benefit of operating from two different locations.

LogMeIn Central review by Murry S.
Murry S.

"Ideal Troubleshooting Aid for Remote Techs"

What do you like best?

I'm on awe of the seamless experience when a tech in the Phillipines took over my aging Thinkpad laptop to investigate and repair a serious stall impeding the installation of Windows 10.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This was a very cool experience. However, it took the remote tech three long sessions to figure out the fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tech support via LogMein appears to be highly effective. The code runs smoothly and seamlessly on the client platform (your computer). Your screen becomes a clear window into remote operations, and this is instructive.

Turned out to be a video hardware issue where driver code caused a BSOD. LogMein enabled the remote tech to work around the issue, thus completing the migration of the legacy laptop computer to Windows 10.

LogMeIn Central review by Meryl S.
Meryl S.

"Logmein BEWARE "

What do you like best?

WHEN it works it is adequate only, Working 50% of the time, and slowly and awkwardly at best, is terrible performance. I suspect the glowing reviews are shills, not real users..

What do you dislike?

Logmein does not reliably work. If you need reliable access that you can depend on, do not use logmein. Today for example, I tried to access my work computer. There was a 2 to 3 second delay with each move of the cursor. It overshot the mark, sliding all over the screen and was hard to control. When I attempted to send an email. the computer kept opening up different pages and save the email as a pdf instead of allowing me to type the recipient. I gave up after 30 minutes of frustration and wasted time. This is NOT the first time this has occurred..

Was trying to do some work from home.

LogMeIn Central review by Miraflor G.
Miraflor G.

"Logmein "

What do you like best?

Being able to access office software from home allowing me to check the weekly schedule and make changes as necessary. I am also able to write documentation which I am unable to complete during work hours.

What do you dislike?

When power outages occur and I am unable to access from home. Slow internet connection affects my work.

Remote access allows me to check schedule and work from home.

LogMeIn Central review by Krzysztof L.
Krzysztof L.

"Easy emergency access"

What do you like best?

We use it mainly for Laptop users who are travelling and are not always connected to VPN for VNC access. Does the job really good. Can be excluded from proxy natively so the user would only need a valid internet connection for us to be able to login. Allows file manager and command line connection as well as remote management (reboot, shut-down, WOL (if supported)). Also allows user to login to their Office PCs remotely from home devices if that's necessary.

What do you dislike?

Windows client is visibly worst designed then OSX one. Cannot specify global login for all PCs but need to re-type it and save it per device on connection. Command-line connection doesn't refresh ie. if you run batch file that opens another winnow you don't have access to it and cannot exit any more. No automatic Screen Resolution detection.

Easy access for users to their office PCs. Helpdesk team access to Laptop devices with no need of VPN.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator

"LogMeIn Central Review"

What do you like best?

LogMeIn Central has allowed me to monitor and control all of my workstations easily. I can easily identify problems before they get out of control.

What do you dislike?

The remote access for LogMeIn seems to lag more than other competitors. It seems as if the installation is more cumbersome than it should be. If the user is already or has already been a user of LogMeIn then the installation process becomes confusing for that user.

We are using this as a tool to monitor our workstations and apply patches/updates as needed.

LogMeIn Central review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Gotten more and more expensive, but the efficiency is worth every penny (do not tell Log-Me-In)"

What do you like best?

remote access and security conscious. very easy to deploy and maintain.

What do you dislike?

this is tough. ever increasing price would be my biggest dislike. mostly i love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the whole enchilada. We use join.me also and thats a great product. We used to get a discount for the both but not anymore since they bought go-to-meeting.

remote troubleshooting and remote training.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"So Easy!"

What do you like best?

My main use for LogMeIn was simply the Remote Desktop Log In. The convenience of being able to securely log in to my work computer from anywhere was great! I typically worked in my office 5 days a week, so I did not have a laptop docking station, mainly because I didn't need the ability to have the laptop. LogMeIn made it possible for me to work outside of the office on the occasions I needed to. I could even use LogMeIn on my personal Mac Computer, which typically isn't very friendly in the professional world.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while I would find something that wasn't fully supported on my Mac, but it was never anything crucial to the application or anything that hindered me from getting work done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only speak to the Remote Desktop access, but I would 100% recommend using LogMeIn. It is so quick and easy to be able to access everything you need. It looks like you're sitting in front of your desk at your office, so productivity is not compromised at all! I think anyone in a professional setting could benefit from using LogMeIn.

I was able to log in to my professional computer from anywhere without having to have lug around a special/corporate laptop. It made getting work done at any point of the day possible. It made working remotely possible when it definitely wouldn't have been otherwise.

LogMeIn Central review by Robin A.
Robin A.

"Good experience with this product"

What do you like best?

have a friendly interface to the user and sort of tools to give support remotely, it has a secured connection by encryption and a good web interface for administration.

It's an excellent choice either for yourself or your business, and it's especially useful if your needs include accessing operating systems or working with users in other countries.

What do you dislike?

the need of install a software on client side make it much difficult to use in a first time machine and when it comes to pure remote control, it's not quite as slick as others market tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate if this is the best tool for you, there are a lot of different options outside, this is a great service but maybe is not the best for you.

Remote control to my clients, monitoring in my servers, fast troubleshooting when a problem comes up and I'm not near my office.

LogMeIn Central review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"Logmein has been great for me"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the ability to deploy via Group Policy, and the use of Central. The product updates it self, provides multi-monitor support, and remote printing

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it doesn't always work in China, I dont like that it plays Audio from the client computer. It's also go up in price; however I still think its a fair price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is great, it have a real advantage over other with its pricing model and Logmein Central. The program will not fit everyone's needs; but I have found it to be great for me.

I use Logmein for remote support across my 5 business locations. So Logmein saves me huge amounts of time and money!

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Logmein"

What do you like best?

When Logmein had their free service, it was a good tool to use to assist friends and family. The software had a lot of features and was very efficient. I've used Logmein Rescue for work and it has been a vital part of our support.

What do you dislike?

It is not a Loginme limitation but rather iOS. The mobile assistance on Rescue was very easy to use on Android and offered a lot of the features in the desktop version. Support for iOS would be a welcome improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable solution for remote assistance to your enterprise or personal need. I recommend Logmein

We use it heavenly for remote support for those that cannot make it into the office for any reason. It also saves time for more simpler issues that needs to be addressed.

LogMeIn Central review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"LogmeIn, and excellent vpn and remote program"

What do you like best?

One of the greatest things about logmein is the amount of services that they offer to us as a package. I've had experience with logmein's remote access program, their vpn service hamachi, and their in browser logmein meeting client to share my computer with coworkers. Their services are extremely streamlined and easy to use if you are familiar with how the networking aspects of them work. I personally have been trained while using these services with coworkers from across the country so that I could obtain proper training from one of our best team members, and Logmein had surprisingly great image and latency for a remote access.

What do you dislike?

One of the problems with logmein is that it isn't very user friendly for new users. It can be confusing when sending new people strange links and explaining to them how it works. If they had implemented a web portal as well as link access, it would make life easier for users that are less technology orientated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logmein is a great resource when looking into training and remote access to your workstation. It is relatively easy to use, but will require a bit of learning if you are not tech savvy.

One of the major problems we are solving with logmein is the remote access for training new associates and working with customers on either their machine or our own to teach them what they need to do visually, rather than in writing.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

I’m able to remotely manage and assist all of my restaurants, from anywhere. I love to travel and having this ability allows me to spend more time doing what I love.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say, I don’t think there are any improvements needed.

I do not have to drive to each location to resolve an issue or assist a manager with an issue. It has saved me thousands of hours, gas, drive time and more.

LogMeIn Central review by Oscar M.
Oscar M.

"LogMeIn Pro"

What do you like best?

I really love the File exchange in live connections for agents and clients, process is really smooth. Also is great you can manage AV status and patches.

What do you dislike?

There is not pretty much that I could dislike, think is one of most complete software to communicate and remote servers/machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know if already have it, but I think one of important things are like a express download and use without install or register the product, for those express solutions, Some times to have to install/register a single agent for a machine that you only will use pair of minutes is painful and slow.

Usually work solving technical issues for clients, so bring a quick support, fast connections, send/receive back logs is basically the most of benefits of LogMeIn.

LogMeIn Central review by Sharon G.
Sharon G.

"Great for remote access to company server"

What do you like best?

We tried other ways for me to connect to the company server when working remotely but this has been the absolute best. It has been dependable and I can connect to company files quickly and easily when I'm not in the office.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to set up originally. I'm not sure whether it had to do with the software or the person installing it.

I needed remote access to the company server on a regular basis. I work at least 50% of the time remotely and not being able to connect to the company's server and our shared files made my life difficult. With Logmein, I am able to share files (especially large ones) with staff for more efficiency.

LogMeIn Central review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"Excellent Remote Service"

What do you like best?

I love having the extremely easy ability to remotely log in and control my work computer. Especially in silly situations where I forgot to bring my work laptop home. LogMeIn made everything SO easy.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any major complaints. The service is literally the best, and I have been using it since they first appeared with their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Simply the best product out there right now. I really think there is very little to improve on this product.

Remote Controlling Desktops

LogMeIn Central review by Dawid K.
Dawid K.

"Must have software for all administrators."

What do you like best?

- very nice, easy to use web console

- file transfer option

- generate installation links and email to user for easy deployment

- organize computers in groups

- granular groups and users management

- Ad Hoc Support

- Host Preferences

What do you dislike?

- sometimes takes long for computer to become available on LMI even though it is online

- there used to be a free version of LMI great for private use, this is now gone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really can't go wrong with LMI, good cloud based management is what every administrator must have.

- managing fleet of remote laptop users

- remote assistance for users

- Ad Hoc suport for users that do not have LMI client installed

LogMeIn Central review by Shannan H.
Shannan H.

"Remote access made easy!"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy remote access solution to implement. I originally used this solution when it had a free version. Now free trial is 14 days. But hey, they have to make money, right. The ease of use on multiple devices is wonderful whether you are managing a large network or just your home suite of devices. Works on PC and MAC OS. Gives you instant access to files on other devices. Run other devices remotely. Perfect for IT support teams. File share allows remote download of a specific file without giving over complete access to the device.

What do you dislike?

I do miss the free version. Sound and chat features are sketchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make good use of all the remote access tools. LogMeIn has a lot more to offer than many standard remote access Pc tools.

Accessing devices without running all over the building. That alone makes LogMeIn a time saver. Also, when IT support is offsite they can still get in and piddle with your machine.

LogMeIn Central review by Damian P.
Damian P.

"Fast remote control when downtime is unecceptable"

What do you like best?

The portal. List all my computers nice and neat.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes at this time.

A lot of my users are remote. With logmein supporting them is a piece of cake.

LogMeIn Central review by Karl R.
Karl R.

"Superb for Managing a Large Computer Set with Integrated Anti-Virus"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface. Remote management of computers.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to dislike. Cannot complain. There could be more price brackets as jumping from 25 computers to 100 is quite a jump.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loads of features to expand with. Would recommend for every company with only a small IT Team.

The benefits of this platform have been huge, It solves things like having integrated Anti-Virus. Windows updates and application updater.

LogMeIn Central review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Saved my skin so many times it's unreal."

What do you like best?

It does what it says on the tin. When it works, its a phenominal tool - it can run from anywhere, onto anything. Got me out of trouble more times than i can count

What do you dislike?

The support client doesnt always run on some users UAC settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth it. Its a hassle in places, but its really, really worth it.

Its a great thing. I dont always have to be tied to the desk

LogMeIn Central review by Miguel Antonio E.
Miguel Antonio E.

"Access remote anytime!"

What do you like best?

If you want to access multiple computers remote log me is the solution for you.

Key aspects:

*Easy to install

*Easy to access remote

*Works in windows and Mac OS.

*Can turn on a machine remote (if wake up is enable on Bios).

*Smartphone app for iOS and android.

What do you dislike?

*Account needed

*Sound and chat sometimes not working well

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to work remote with multiple computers, log me in is the solution.

You can access via pc or using a smartphone / tablet.

Access multiple machines without travel long distances.

LogMeIn Central review by Ron S.
Ron S.

"Gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

Pretty much makes it that I don't have to leave my desk.

What do you dislike?

It can freeze up from time to time. Not the worst though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely use it!

Anything that keeps me at my desk saves so much time and hassle!

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"One of the leading remote support tools and used by Microsoft's own technical support team."

What do you like best?

LogMeIn pro like most support tools, is a quick installation of a fat client and then a permission based remote support access system. The product simplifies the requirements to use support and also acts as a remote access tool for professionals. The remote access is on par with solutions like TeamViewer, and offers a secure connection to the client.

What do you dislike?

The application interferes with the Windows Remote Desktop client functionality. When in use Copy and paste, or clipboard functionality no longer works with the RDP session the user initiates. This is verified on the current version and through mutliple experiences with Office 365 support, who leverages Log Me In for their remote support needs. The cost for a Home users is a little high for remote access to a computer. The current subscription is 99.00 There are free and extremely easy to use remote control systems, including TeamViewer, and Microsoft's own RDP solution and App. There is also Splashtop which is commonly used more by gamers but is also gaining momentum in the remote access space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you consider the use of Remote Desktop within your Log Me in session as this currently is not functioning 100%. Other access to remote control apps can be buggy at best. However if your purpose is normally to remote control or remote support individuals this product can fit the need nicely.

Remote user support is the primary function that this is utilized. The ease of use being one of the greatest benefits of the product.

LogMeIn Central review by Jenna M.
Jenna M.

"Not iPhone Friendly"

What do you like best?

log me in is great - it is very helpful when I need to work from home!

What do you dislike?

it is not accessible through iphone or my surface (unsure if this is the company's problem or that of apple and microsoft)

we travel a lot in my business and can't always access the network - with log me in, I don't have to miss out on important questions or details - I can access it from anywhere. I even use it in my building from computers with limited access.

LogMeIn Central review by Lashundra C.
Lashundra C.

"Log me in"

What do you like best?

Being able to view other computers from my computer

What do you dislike?

It times out sometimes too quickly making me have to log back in

I'm able to help my employees when they need help

LogMeIn Central review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Easy way to remote into other computers"

What do you like best?

The ease of which I can remote into any computer in the company.

What do you dislike?

That they took away screen sharing via join.me from our account

We have locations in several different cities and states and it is nice having an easy solution to log-in to computers in each location as needed.

LogMeIn Central review by User

"Good tool for working remotley"

What do you like best?

I am able to access my computer along with the necessary servers from across the United States.

What do you dislike?

I tend to run into issues with connectivity, not due to internet and get kicked off the platform. It is also troubling when adjustments are made to our company server they do not automatically transfer to LogMeIn and have to be reconnected each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Streamline sections of the platform to make it easier to use. File Manager section instructions are not as clear as they could be on setting up folders.

The ability to work outside of the office and still complete the same tasks as though I was not remote.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"LogMeIn was a reliable tool for remote support"

What do you like best?

The software was very reliable and consistent. Working at a company that had employees across the US and a few worldwide, the tool made remote support easy and reliable. I was able to connect from any computer, on almost any speed connection (broadband, hotspot, etc.) quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I used LogMeIn daily for almost 3 years, and during that time they didn't add much functionality. Being able to look at a computers dashboard to diagnose problems before connecting, or recognizing issues before they occurred was a great tool, but I hoped for more automation and features which never came.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look at the current feature-set and pricing model and compare with other solutions. LogMeIn has a track record of changing pricing models and features, so I would consider this before signing a longer term contract.

Providing support for hundreds of employees across the country. This tool has allowed us to fix issues faster and more effectively, improve customer service and control costs.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Helpful, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

Allows us to log-in to multiple machines as needed.

What do you dislike?

interface is touchy and can be difficult to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality of usage experience depends on the quality of computers/servers hosting and using logmein. If your home computer is slow, the logmein experience will be slow and if your host computer/server is slow, so will your logmein.

Allows users to work from home when they cannot be in the office.

LogMeIn Central review by User

"Software to use for enriching your data usuage."

What do you like best?

Being able to work on the go if needed. Sometimes I need to be out of the office-but I can still stay connected to the projects I am in the middle of or if there is something needing to be addressed.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything so far that I dislike. Easy use is the main issue and this software fits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying our any software is a must. Each end user needs to make the right match for their needs. LogMeIn is the software for our group. Sales staff traveling, or out of the office for personal reasons, lets us make sure our customers are taken care of.

Being able to keep in touch via computer with customers and their accounts.

LogMeIn Central review by User

"Helpful for a multi location business "

What do you like best?

The ease of logging in to our locations computers.

What do you dislike?

I haven't noticed anything I dislike about Log Me in yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't had any issues thus far. Log Me in helps us utilize our IT resources remotely.

We have 7 multi state locations so when there are minor fixes or updates we don't need to waste our resources in sending someone out to each location all the time.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very useful remote desktop tool"

What do you like best?

I like LogMeIn Central because it is very easy to use and efficient when remoting into a customer's PC.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes the connection does not work even when the customer is online through another source other than using a LAN line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product for any IT company as it is very useful and easy to use.

I am using customer service support skills as well as technical skills when using this software. The benefits of this software is that it enables me to connect to my customers remotely to resolve their issues with their computers.

"Used to Love LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

Logmein is a great tool, it really is. It offers some of the most robust features and it has consistently been the tool of choice for managing remote sessions for both business and personal use for the last few years.

Some of my favorite Features include:

-Remote Printing (Great for printing directly to the printer connected to a host machine without the additional steps of adding a network printer)

-File Manager (Absolute must. great for when you accidentally left that presentation for work on your home computer and need it on your work computer but forgot to upload it to the cloud)

-Desktop Sharing (A little bit more heavy weight for on the fly screen-sharing sessions but still a great tool especially if you are going to be working remotely on someone else's computer long term)

What do you dislike?

One word: Price. Like I said, I have been highly satisfied with the service for many years, but the company seems to be focusing more on their larger corporate customers and have since raised their prices tremendously and eliminated their free version all together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large company that can afford the large price tag on this software, I would highly recommend it. If you are a small to medium business owner there are many other similar software packages that would probably be a better fit for you.

This solution is great and a must for any larger IT centered companies with thousands of employees. The first scenario that comes to mind where the tool would be useful is internal IT department for supporting PC issues. Anything smaller than that renders this tool pretty impractical.

LogMeIn Central review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Great remote access program"

What do you like best?

Easy to give specific users access rights to specific computers

What do you dislike?

nothing that I have come across as of yet

general workstation help to users

LogMeIn Central review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"I purchased 1 year subscribtion which I didn't use"

What do you like best?

It gives you ability to connect to another computer and check the files, even print stuff. You basically feel like you are in your office, except you are using your office computer from the comfort of your home or while on vacation. Wait! You should not work while on vacation.

What do you dislike?

Passwords and customer service. I find their Customer Service abrupt, there is so many passwords to remember, your logme in password, the other computer's password etc. Not even once I was able to connect with the other computer in the office. Their rep was unable to help me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it fool proof, explain to people who aren't techy like me, how to use the product. Be user friendly for God's sake!

This product is meant to connect you and let you use a remote computer to access files etc.

LogMeIn Central review by Jessica M. G.
Jessica M. G.

"Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

Logmein does exactly what it's designed to do without a lot of unnecessary frills.

What do you dislike?

The computer to which I remotely log in has two monitors, so when I use Logmein at home from my laptop I have to switch between the two screens.

Staying connected to my clients while away from my office.

LogMeIn Central review by Lori S.
Lori S.

"LogMeIn ...So far so good"

What do you like best?

Such easy access from home and work . Easy access for my IT people to hop in at any given time to help and correct PC issues so i do not stop working.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely cheaper alternatives out there now. I have started looking into other options.

Needing access to multiple computers from home and within the office

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"LogMeIn has been great!"

What do you like best?

I really like this software because as a IT Administrator it makes it very easy to remotely access my computer from home as well as that of my clients.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that stands out as something that I do not like about the software other than the expense of it.

I've used this to solve all kinds of networking problems. What benefits? Remote access to computers that has greatly enhanced my time management.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Work out of the office like you never left"

What do you like best?

Easy to use- I can log in anywhere in the world and take care of responsibilities directly as if I were sitting at my desk. very simple program- not complicated

What do you dislike?

The interface (VPN) is somewhat delayed. This affects precision movements requirements (i.e. take-off, fine manipulation, etc). Both PCs need to be on line- if there's a power outage or connectivity issue, this wont work. Cloud computing is the alternative,.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a little pricey, solves a lot of problems. Cloud computing may make this obselete

Able to directly tap into my desk-top form anywhere in the world- a blessing and a curse- this can degrade downtime.

LogMeIn Central review by Bruno G.
Bruno G.

"Great Access From Anywhere"

What do you like best?

It`s really easy to remote access my computers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes despite using a high speed connections both ways I feel an annoying lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Using a token certificate that can`t be used through RDP.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great product that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the product. It is easy to use and understand. It gives us the tool we need to remotely support our company.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much that I dislike about this product. Maybe updating the UI a bit would be more appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The user interface is a bit busy. Maybe updating it to a more modern look would allow users to find the information they need more easily.

We use this product to remotely suplort our team and troubleahoot iasues. It ia very easy to remotely support our team.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Financial Services

"LogMeIn - for business use "

What do you like best?

I love logmein, this has made my life so easy when tech support was required. Rather than in the past where a support person had to walk you through the process.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any con's regarding this software. I have been very happy, and it is very user friendly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your tech support is off site, and requires assistance via phone, check this software out. I am a computer user, but have no clue when it comes to Tech Support. This has been very helpful with new software and updates, or with a new employee who requires set up assistance.

For someone who is a computer user, but not knowledgeable about tech issues, this is has been a lifesaver!!

LogMeIn Central review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Useful, though Not Essential for All"

What do you like best?

The ability to use software installed on my work machine from home is wonderful. Although, as a relatively low-intensity user, most of my tasks could also be performed using google's remote access chrome app, which is free.

What do you dislike?

I struggle to wake up/turn my work machine on from home, even though I believe my account type includes this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare features with google remote access.

I use logmein to access software and files available only on my work computer/server.

LogMeIn Central review by Xuanzi J.
Xuanzi J.

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

Easily access my files and able to tap into network

What do you dislike?

Security issues sometimes unable to log in from certain computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember your password and use various login methods to access files

Forgetting files and being able to access them remotely has been very convenient

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"logmein works"

What do you like best?

simple, reliable. the hamachi product is stunning value when you can use other remote tools

What do you dislike?

the irony that logmein does not store on the website version the login history, so i am required to "login" each time.

remote site access, cutting down costs

LogMeIn Central review by Bree V.
Bree V.

"LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

Great for remote access into multiple systems, easy to setup and create different connections

ability to have more than one user and multi monitor display

What do you dislike?

the cost is high for a yearly license, the mobile app could use some work

remote access to computers

LogMeIn Central review by Clément N.
Clément N.

"Remote control done right"

What do you like best?

I use logmein since 2008. Since, I've been using it for remote assistance and manage some files/programs on my home PC. The good thing is Logmein is available both for mac and PC.

What do you dislike?

You need a hight speed connection to get a seamless experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using for website development is a nice trick if you want to avoid rebooting on different OS.

As I work with two computers, getting logmein was mandatory to get the best of my two workstations.

LogMeIn Central review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Best Remote Software Around"

What do you like best?

It bundles in alot of features with the Pro version. Remote printing is probably one of my favorite features. Also the ability to remote into any of my machines in a quickly manner.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the discontinuance of the free version. I think you should still have kept this version for your users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the subscription if you can afford it. It is probably one of the best remote software's around.

The ability to remote into my client machines easily and freely. I remote in, fix the issue my client is having and get out. There is nothing like a remote software that works as it should.

LogMeIn Central review by Juan M.
Juan M.

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to access other computers to help facilitate fixing a problem.

What do you dislike?

This product is very useful, it could add some editing tools.

It allows us to help with computer problems as well as accessing our server.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Manage, Monitor, and Remotely Support Multiple PCs from one Console"

What do you like best?

The summary view in LogMeIn Central is a GREAT overview of all my systems in one place.

What do you dislike?

Antivirus monitoring, updating, and refresh of status is still not 100% all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally. Great product

Monitoring Windows Updates, AV Status, and also user generated software installations.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"It works very well when I need to work at home or off site. "

What do you like best?

That I can see my exact computer. I like being able to log in to my computer from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I feel there is more to learn, but I have not had the time.

Flexibility.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"logmein"

What do you like best?

Its an amazjng remote connectivity program

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the control panel should have better gui

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its greate just make sure you understand befire using

Loging into comouters in our corp across US remotly

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Computer Software

"wonderous server management tool, but has a lot of downtime."

What do you like best?

this tool has a suite of uses that makes it exponentially easier to manage multiple locally hosted servers and/or administrate multiple local computers this is a must have for any professional administrator.

What do you dislike?

logmein's main server for updates and technical support has been experiencing lots of downtime lately. i assume the will fix this problem eventually but for people like me, it makes working on a server unnecessarily difficult.

this app has made it easier to manage multiple machines at once and implement network wide changes. logmein made it easier to implement deep freeze protocols without loading software on each computer individually.

LogMeIn Central review by Sergey Y.
Sergey Y.

"Overpriced features that you can get from other products"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of features that can be used with remote control and remote monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Cost per client and monitoring system not always works perfectly. it can give you false positives on errors like virus software update or system update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for similar product on the market. There are way better solutions.

Easy mass deployment. Remote control on demand. Can create remote session without client installed.

LogMeIn Central review by Marie F.
Marie F.

"LogMeIn Review"

What do you like best?

ability to transfer files to and from computers, print documents from the remote computer to a local printer, share my desktop with others

ability to watch a video on my personal computer from anywhere

option for my phone and tablet

What do you dislike?

high price, auto renewal for subscription

bad customer service

could be easier to set up

remote desktop viewing and usage

remote printing

LogMeIn Central review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"LogMeIn is a great remote assist platform"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and didn't take long to get up and running. The customers that I assist also seem to enjoy using the product as well.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things I would like added, but overall a great app. Maybe a little pricey, but not too bad.

Assisting customers with updating software

"Remote Software God"

What do you like best?

Ease of installation on clients, it is light and most cannot tell its running/installed.

What do you dislike?

The new pay by user fees. It suddenly changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out how many computers you will be installing on, to get your monthly costs. Its a great smooth running application.

Remoting into users to assist as they need it.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to help those that are tech savy"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Whenever anyone needed help, I no longer had to walk them through the steps. I could log in fix the issue myself and save me the headache of "I don't see that option".

What do you dislike?

They discounted the free option years ago. Customer service can be a pain to deal with and their cancelation policy is ridiculous.

Getting issues resolved faster with less downtime. Now employees no longer have to do things for the IT department, IT logins and bam things get fixed.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"LMI works but they are too expensive for me."

What do you like best?

It worked well as a remote access solution.

What do you dislike?

Cost increase of the solution. They almost triples there price

Recommendations to others considering the product

They cost too much for what they do and there are better solutions out there that do not cost as much.

Remote control of systems for assisting clients with there issues.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I work away from my office regularly and this product is a lifesaver - it allows me to log into my office computers and access files there and get work done remotely.

What do you dislike?

The price has gone up quite significantly in the past few years.

It makes working remotely possible.

LogMeIn Central review by Maxwell D.
Maxwell D.

"An excellent way to remote into systems"

What do you like best?

Connecting into systems as an administrator and fixing issues is easy.

What do you dislike?

Connection issues are usually a problem.

User issues across the country.

LogMeIn Central review by Kelvin L.
Kelvin L.

"Usefulness"

What do you like best?

Ease of use when it works just connects when it works

What do you dislike?

Reliability of the services sometimes connection needs to be reestablished

Not sure

LogMeIn Central review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="0a30eef7-31fe-481e-a1c1-1b0a80dbd66d">Heather M.</span>
Heather M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Effective way to access needed information from desktop computers."

What do you like best?

I am able to log in from other computer within our facility which saves me time.

What do you dislike?

Dislike when system goes down and I can not access logme in (this does not happen that often though)

Time management and ability for team members to multitask easier

LogMeIn Central review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Happy LastPass User"

What do you like best?

I am hoping that LastPass doesn't lose it's ease of usability, now that it's one of your products. The marriage between these two products does make sense. Identity Management and Password Security is something I think that needs improvement for all consumers on the internet.

What do you dislike?

We have to find a better way to navigate the internet than with Username - Password - PIN. Complex Passwords and 2 factor authentication can still be hacked with enough will and CPU power.

Planning for ID Management up front. Re-building systems that do not allow duplication of profile registrations.

LogMeIn Central review by Kevin Z.
Kevin Z.

"I have used LogMeIn for years"

What do you like best?

It's a good product to remote into machine. I use it for my home computers.

What do you dislike?

Does not have as many features as our Kaseya system for remoting into machine.

It's great to be able to remote into other machines and my computers.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"It works - and on different devices, no less!"

What do you like best?

I've used LMI off and on to work in secure environments for different jobs. It's great for when I need that security.

What do you dislike?

The platform disconnects on occasion, but I suppose that's standard whenever you're accessing one computer from another across the web. Otherwise I have no complaints.

I've used LogMeIn when security is key, or when I need to access secure files with client-sensitive information. (Mostly on the agency side.) In full transparency, it wasn't anything I insisted on using; rather, it was a requirement of my IT department, or the clients. (Can't remember which.)

Not sure how it compares to other solutions in this space, as I haven't used any.

LogMeIn Central review by John O.
John O.

"Logmein - A great way to support remote users"

What do you like best?

I used Logmein to support 100+ remote locations, each running an instance of in-house developed software in a medical/hospital environment. The ability to troubleshoot software and PC issues is remarkable and certainly a tool that you don't want to be without. Logmein comes in different flavors, even as an iPad application.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the software disconnects your session, either because of a poor connection or possibly a bug in the agent. The ability to copy/paste between the remote and local machine doesn't seem to always work. The last thing is the screen resolution. I wish we could go a true "full screen" like Remote Desktop, but that doesn't seem to work in our case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend Logmein to my colleagues who support remote locations.

Support for remote locations across the nation. The solution has proven to be a valuable asset to the organization.

LogMeIn Central review by Danushka B.
Danushka B.

"Plug and play remote desktop software"

What do you like best?

Easy to install. Plug and play. Easy to connect via website.

What do you dislike?

Price. There are cheaper options that work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well, easy to setup and reliable.

Provide support for users that are far away

"LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

very easy to use. easy to setup and access remote system. With the Pro version of the software, you will be able to control your desktop from anywhere in the world, run programs or applications

What do you dislike?

cost of product. the free version was great, new version is a little pricey, but not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try other products and find one that fits your needs

accessing remote system while away from system

LogMeIn Central review by Emile S.
Emile S.

"A great tool for accessing my office computers from home"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to interact with your office computer with your phone.

What do you dislike?

Have had instances where the session hangs and I am unable to recover it.

Remote access files in my office from remote locations.

LogMeIn Central review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

I can work from my laptop or my cell from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes has a lag for dual screen usage.

Work from out of the office.

LogMeIn Central review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Our choice product for remote support of users and servers"

What do you like best?

All in one design.

Remote restart (assuming another device is on the subnet)

Remote configuration.

What do you dislike?

My printer shows up on devices being supported even though I have that set to not happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It costs more but is the right product for in house support.

Being in many places across Canada at once.

This saves me from more techs being deployed.

LogMeIn Central review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Log me in review"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s easy to launch and get connected with our clients.

What do you dislike?

I wish I didn’t have to download the plugin

I needed to get connected to my clients so I can see what issues they are having on their end.

LogMeIn Central review by Casey R.
Casey R.

"Solid, easy to use for both technical and non technical users"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy, easy to get users connected, easy to train support reps on operations, can login from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey per user. Occasional issues getting end users connected when their Java wasn't up to date. Trying to walk non-technical customers through updating Java via telephone before connecting to them remotely could be a serious test in patience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a mediocre product that is making your life difficult, and you have room in your budget to afford this, then absolutely sign up.

This product absolutely makes tech support easier. There are definitely cheaper products out there but this one was the best I've used, by far. Connect to the client quickly, fix issues, transfer files (if necessary), chat via IM interface, easy to use.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Higher Education

"More Reliable than Remote Desktop"

What do you like best?

Easily access home and work computers from anywhere with minimal issues dealing with firewalls and work networks.

What do you dislike?

The free edition is no longer available. The price of the entry level software is cost-prohibitive for a very small business.

Working from home or accessing home files from work allows me to be more productive with minimal downtime.

LogMeIn Central review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"LogMeIn Central review"

What do you like best?

Like the ability to reach remote pc’s that only have internet connections, easy to use for troubleshooting remotely

What do you dislike?

Of course pc is not on our network, built in vpn would be helpful as well

Remote support for pc’s